[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game never talked about? Does literally no one play it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 60

File: gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg (19KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg
19KB, 290x200px
Why is this game never talked about?
Does literally no one play it?
>>
>>384206594
doing fractals daily just get so monotonous after awhile and the new raid bosses add nothing much of content. I'm just taking a long break now, played a fair share of the game at 25k ap
>>
>>384206594
Amazing during the first month ( so when everyone was leveling) then turned to shit fast since it has no endgame

Just like every other "WoW-killer" MMO
>>
>>384206594
Sorry OP, I was going to talk about GW2 but then I fell asleep.
>>
>>384206594
it's literally second life.
>>
There's not much to talk about. The game is pretty mediocre. The only fun part of it is exploring and jumping puzzles, but that can only entertain you for a week or two at best.
>>
Its alive but no one talks about it.

It has the 3rd largest subreddit (Just lost to FFXIV a week ago)

I see people in game saily
>>
>>384208230
i guess game still attracts alot of new players . i wonder how they get their advertising? famous YT podcasts channels and vg blogs doesn't even mention them at all since Heart of thorns
>>
File: 1316922865383.jpg (92KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1316922865383.jpg
92KB, 400x300px
It was a technically weak game with garbage combat and writing that only got worse the further you progressed. Only heard bad things about ArenaNet's management and attempt to salvage this mess.
>>
>>384206594
I play it. It feels full enough but there are some areas that just feel devoid of other players.
>>
>>384206594

>come back to the game after a year or two cause i was burned the fuck out
>oh cool, new content
>nah, we took that away. because reasons

well, fuck you too, buddy
>>
File: 1445689602588.jpg (2MB, 3150x2910px) Image search: [Google]
1445689602588.jpg
2MB, 3150x2910px
Because of this, and it the LEAST of the problem. I would rather recommend other mmo
>>
>>384208989
I'll never understand why they remove content from GW2. It makes no sense.
>>
games decent. hows it compare to ESO? Is ESO worth playing if i moderately enjoyed GW2?
>>
>>384210359
ESO actually listen to their playerbase and doesn't fuck them over
>>
File: sweet little lies.png (931KB, 1068x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sweet little lies.png
931KB, 1068x1080px
>>384210475
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>384207467
That's been fixed for literal years.
>>
>>384210475
As does Anet. I don't see the point of your post.
>>
>>384206594
I will never not be mad about how much wasted potential this game had. If the first few big patches had been permenant, engaging endgame content, I would still be playing. Instead we got shit like fractals, one of the worst dungeon experiences I have ever had.
>>
File: Half expansion.png (154KB, 1109x444px) Image search: [Google]
Half expansion.png
154KB, 1109x444px
>>384210772
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318086/when-has-zos-ever-actually-listened-to-the-playerbase
Here is a good list of them. I don't even think Todd even work on ESO recently. Meanwhile, Anet sold an incomplete expansion and shit out cash shop like no tomorrow ON THE SAME WEEK THE EXPANSION WAS RELEASE.

>>384211023
>implying
>>
The game died years ago. Writers quit about halfway through and were replaced with SJWs. No good content has been released outside of Raids which are toddler-level Raids (still fun though, I'll give them that).

FFXIV getting rebooted into an amazing game was the final nail in the coffin and GW2 has been on life support ever since. Their development team was culled significantly when they didn't meet their financial expectation because NCSoft is a heartless fucking mother of a publisher, so now they're trapped in a cycle where they can't add quality content because they don't have enough developers, but they can't hire more developers because they don't have enough money, but they can't make money if they don't have quality content...you get where that's going.
>>
>>384210359
ESO is significantly better
>>
File: Scarlet.png (423KB, 824x681px) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet.png
423KB, 824x681px
>>384211062
>If the first few big patches had been permenant,
>wanting Scarlet and the fanfic of a story to be permanent
>>
The combat sucks!

It seemed *fine* on paper but they just missed something hard to pinpoint.

It doesn't feel like anyone is attacking anyone else - just swinging at air and causing other character's health to drop.

I even installed addons that made it more of a third-person shooter, so you had to aim at enemies to fire off spells and it used a third-person over-the-shoulder camera but it can't save it.

Somehow the first game was both more confusing but everyone felt more solid. Maybe because you can't walk through people while swinging your arms?
>>
>>384211342
Good, fuck em
>>
>>384211590
Eh, while I agree it's also a shame. The game had a lot of potential that got flushed down the drain due to some bad decisions by the people on top. Unlike SWTOR and ESO though, the game is already F2P so there's no real way for them to switch marketing models and recover from their tailspin.
>>
>>384211342
>because NCSoft is a heartless fucking mother of a publisher

Learned that ever since they killed city of heroes

Fuck you NCSoft, from the bottom of my heart
>>
Some friends convinced me to pick it up when it first came out. It was ok, but the one thing that stood out for me was how fun the Engineer class was. Tons of weapon sets you could swap out in combat which would change your abilities on the fly, and some of them were pretty different (There was a mortar you could use which gave you lots of range and splash damage, and a potion set you could use to buff/heal your allies with, and a few other strange things).

It kind of reminded me of Warhammer, in that the biggest thing going for it was the class design.
>>
>No endgame
>Gear Treadmill
>Worse story than TORtanic
>Story rips off Skyrim with its "KILL TEH EVUL DRAGUNZ!" shit
>The entire game has you killing the bad guys as a moralfaggot, without an option to join them
>No likeable NPCs anywhere
>Choices in personal story doesn't matter
>Technology level is retarded across the entire board, one race has borderline sci-fi technology vs generic medieval humans and steampunk cats
>Zero roleplaying elements, your character does all the talking for you automatically
>Shit writing
>destroyed servers based on clients' language in favor of a messy, incoherent piece of shit megaserver system that doesn't work
>Sylvari is a cookie cutter mary sue race
>No dedicated tank or healer
>Killed CoH
>Arenanet bans whoever they please
>Arenanet consists of dA tumblr SJW writers, jews, communists AND nazis somehow
>Published by NCSoft
>Is designed for and by weeaboos and children
>No mounts
>No GvG, NO FUCKING GvG. IN A GUILD WARS GAME

Easily the worst MMO ever
>>
>>384211835
>the game is already F2P
It a fucking glorified demo.
>>
GW2 skill system - shit
combo fields - shit
dodge button - shit
movement - floaty shit
skill progression - shit
story - shit
gear system - shit
wvw - time zone based pointless shit
party play and cooperation - shit
dungeons - pure shit because of above
community interaction - nonexistent
>>
>>384206594
Original game was great. Became clear that ANet had no fucking clue what was good about their game long before 2. 2 was dead on arrival.
>>
File: 34234123.jpg (217KB, 1225x543px) Image search: [Google]
34234123.jpg
217KB, 1225x543px
>>384212183
>Became clear that ANet had no fucking clue what was good about their game long before 2
NCsoft got involved, all the people that disagree with them left, and NCsoft hired hack to make the game
>>
>>384209152
Jesus Christ...
>>
GW2 when announced
>no more kill 10 rat quests!
>personal story
>no more gear treadmill
>you'll have to take on all dem elder dragons!
>regular content updates
>big amazing world

GW2 at release
>Kill 10 rat quests only
>Personal story is awful and then handed off to some sylvari fag
>gear treadmill
>you only ever see one. All the others are just busy jerking off i guess
>content updates are temporary. No plans for Cantha or Elona expansion.
>>
>>384212316
Fucking horrifying
>>
>GW1
>There is no right or wrong, no black or white. Every character and group have their own reasons for their actions.
>Fighting alongside rurik, leaving behind your homeland in order to save your people.
>Leading what is left of the party through the shiverpeaks, without a leader and without guidance to make the final trek to Lion's Arch.
>Cross the sea towards the crystal desert, an ancient land that is now only a relic of the past.
>Winning Heroes' Ascent ( PvP ) to truly ascend and gain the favour of the gods
>Traveling to a land troubled by the plague, chasing a man that desperately tries to save his homeland.
>Travelling across a frozen sea and a dying forest uncovering the secrets of an ancient land.
>Crossing the desert fighting alongside an oppressed people.
>Lead the sunspears and order of whispers through the depths of the abyss
>Mhenlo, Cynn, Devona and the rest of the bunch were always at your side until the end.

>GW2
>you are awesome here fight this evil dragon lol
>>
>>384210893
As opposed to leap years?
>>
GW2 combat is legitimately awful. Worse than WoW, TERA, Blade and Soul, FFXIV, all of them. There is no structure, combo fields are fucking stupid, and dodge invulnerability relegates the game to twitch based dogshit. The dungeons are just pure shitfests.

GW2 is pure trash with ZERO, and I mean ZERO redeeming factors.
>>
>>384212794
I like blasting combo fields.
It's a neat interaction.
>>
>They got rid of the holy trinity which just makes the game a spam fest.
>Not to mention they decided it would be best to choose your skills for you depending on what weapon you're using.
>Very few weapon/armor skins. The original threw skins at you.
>No dual professions
>Bosses don't drop signature weapons
>Small stuff like every class and gender having a different emote
>PvP is garbage
>Muh lore
>No expansions planned
>Living Story
>Scarlet
>Trahearne
>Ruined the campaign with Personal Story that can be entirely skipped
>3/4 servers are dead. Server pop counts are incorrect.
>Gems
>HoM rewards were underwhelming
>leasbian transfuck pandering
>Trahearne
>They only see Guild Wars 2 as their game. They could care less what the players want.
>It's not Guild Wars 1 HD
>Trahearne
>>
>>384206594
>fuck over your current players by making a shitty expansion with little content cost the same as a full priced game
>lol but you get the base game for free when you buy it!
>of course you can't just buy the expansion silly
>>
Shitty, clunky, simplistic combat
WvWvW is doorwar zergfest
Community is full of brony faggots who are completely delusional
Downed mechanic in PvP
Spam-based combat
Skills based on weapons
Dodge button is buggy and boring
No tanks, just a clusterfuck of DPS classes
PvE is full of boring kill x quests
World not persistent due to overflow channels and instances
Themepark fast travel anywhere
One skill bar
Ugly, non-customizable, casual UI
No world PvP
No endgame progression
Terrible auction house
Lame story
Laughable voice acting
Runs like shit on modern rigs - No optimization
Cash shop advantages
abysmal visual nerfs on effects

/thread.
>>
>>384212943
>Very few weapon/armor skins
The are tons of weapon skins in the game, the problem is that as soon as you equip a weapon, you can never sell it
In GW1, as long as you never customized or dedicated a weapon, you could sell it whenever you want no matter how much you used it. In Gw2, there's no going back once you equip something. For a long time, you couldn't even share it across your account. This leads to fucking ridiculous prices for most weapons.
>>
>>384213241
holy shit this I cant believe they announced an expansion for $50 while dangling "raids" in front of the playerbase.
>>
File: 1415113296958.png (115KB, 318x282px) Image search: [Google]
1415113296958.png
115KB, 318x282px
>>384206594
>Floaty movement
>Forced into semi cutscenes for quests
>One long main quests that lasts through your whole levelling period
I hate it.
>>
>>384213571
oh I forgot
>Gear doesn't matter
>No trinity or role based system like that
Jumping puzzles were fun though. Just a shame you had to do them with GW2 movement.
>>
>>384213786
at least they weren't as bad as the swtor jumping puzzles for datacrons
>>
So what you are saying is if I have the MMO itch play ESO.

I think I have everything but the Morrowind Expac. I might start it up tonight.
>>
The only thing I really like is the pvp isn't based on your gear stats, I don't really touch pve and the final boss was probably the worst I've ever "fought"
>>
File: no.gif (1MB, 339x336px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1MB, 339x336px
>>384206594
>5 skills per weapon type
>Level 1 sword has the same skill set as a level 80 sword
>All classes are multi-role and have similar play style
>>
File: 1430252297164.gif (873KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1430252297164.gif
873KB, 346x360px
Why don't any other MMOs do runescape-style quests? Actual stories with unique objectives? Puzzles? Lore?
>>
>>384207467
>Amazing during the first month
Every zone had people walking around. Every quest had groups waiting for you to join 24/7.

It was a great theme park.
>>
>>384214983
Other than FFXIV and ESO you mean?
>>
>>384214983
because running across the map 10 different times just to talk to people and get bullshit items isn't fun from a game play perspective.
>>
File: LeaderOfTheFreeWorld.jpg (144KB, 1059x1059px) Image search: [Google]
LeaderOfTheFreeWorld.jpg
144KB, 1059x1059px
>>384215539
FFXIV lore is painful to sit through
>>
>>384206594
I am upset that they have yet to add human on charr romance but instead focus on lesbian trees and trannies
>>
a certain group of people are very mad that the game is still one of the top MMOs despite their attempts to tortanic it. even the /vg/ was killed by paid spambots. most of the shitposts in this thread are straight up lies
>>
>>384215539
are you retarded? I've NEVER seen a uniquely scripted quest in FFXIV like WoW or Runescape's quests where you do some gameplay like driving a vehicle or solving a puzzle (minus one little bit in ARR where you use the magitech armor). they're ALL just fucking fetch quests and "go talk to these 8 people in a row"
>>
>>384216936
FFXIV is just 'inspect item, get ambushed' the game.
>>
>>384216783
>most of the shitposts in this thread are straight up lies
Anon, I play GW 2 and it sickens me that we gotten to a point where the human gods are evil because they bully a crippled mary sue child, and forget it your human character doesn't respond properly. Oh and there the part where they fucking cancel the new legendary set when it was advertised as part of the expansion. The liars are neo anet
>>
>>384206594
Every single LS3 episode is adding a new map with new currency to grind
Most new skins are in cash shop
Plot is a fanfiction written by some 12yo
PvP and WvW is still shit
SJW devs
>>
>>384206594
Still waiting for Guild Wars Utopia
>>
File: 1492559016312.jpg (49KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
1492559016312.jpg
49KB, 600x389px
>>384217249
>"You encounter an unexpected enemy!"
no its expected at this point
>>
Gliding is fun I guess. If only you could have airborne skills everywhere and not just in Bloodstone Fen.
>>
>>384212050
>wvw, pvp, fractals, raids, dungeons
>it does not have a gear treadmill, the best tier in 2012 is the best tier today
>subjective
>skyrim invented dragons I did not know that. the dragon theme was established since 2007, skyrim came out in 2011
>true, it really is pathetic
>agree
>it matters but way to little
>nothing wrong with that. see niggers vs chinks vs whites in real life
>RP is for fags, glad they did not cave in
>nowadays yes
>megaservers saved the game, fuck off, they work, they do their jobs and thus i can easily find players at all times in all maps
>i never liked those plant faggots myself however they have good parts as well
>thank God, kys if you want that piece of crap
>yes because Anet makes the decision for NCSoft. CoH was a piece of crap shitfest with 10 autists playing, no one cared
>unfortunately
>don't remind me how tainted they are by this disease. makes me puke
>they gave them free reign, so that's that
>weak bait
>thank God, kys if you want such a piece of crap in a game
>guild wars comes from its lore back in 2004 and has nothing to do with the pvp mode of guild fighting, dont be a faggot
Conclusion: You're a faggot that can find salvation.
>>
File: chronomancer.jpg (321KB, 903x1600px) Image search: [Google]
chronomancer.jpg
321KB, 903x1600px
>>384218242
>tfw no Chronomancer class ever

Imagine if they chose just to keep expanding on GW1. The sheer amount of content would have been incredible.
>>
>>384219516
>Chronomancer
this, who doesn't like time fuckery and weaponised paradoxes?

Summoner sounds kinda standard, but I am sure they would've been creative with those guys as well.
>>
>>384219971
I wonder what the Summoner can do that isn't a MM or an SoS
>>
>>384212643
>>There is no right or wrong, no black or white. Every character and group have their own reasons for their actions.
This, except the White Mantle did nothing wrong, and would have kicked the Charr out of Ascalon and ushered in a golden age
>>
>>384206594
>Why is this game never talked about?
Every time I see a GW2 thread, I get depressed of the current game compared to the first guild wars. That game was great.
>>
>>384219516
There is a chronomancer in GW2
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chronomancer
I was happy to learn a mmo finally utilized one of the most interesting rpg classes, but GW2 version is shit.
>>
>>384212794
>There is no structure, combo fields are fucking stupid, and dodge invulnerability relegates the game to twitch based dogshit.
git gud nigga. But yea every major part of the game sucked except the combat system
>>
File: Pre Chase The Carrot GW2.jpg (2MB, 3456x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Pre Chase The Carrot GW2.jpg
2MB, 3456x1944px
>>384206594
I want to talk to you about hate.
I hate that they give you 5 slots in a game with 8 classes.
I hate that harvesting tools have degredation.
I hate the gold to gem conversion.
I hate the ridiculous race and class imbalance.
I hate that they fucked over dungeons by removing zerging in a game with no trinity system.
I hate that they instigated diminishing returns on dungeon marks effectively creating a lockout.
I hate Fractions of the Mist and how it was the nail in the dungeon coffin.
I hate that they turned the game into just another gear treadmill while claiming that they were not.
I hate the low drop rate of crafting materials.
I hate that it has been years and the great jungle worms are still a waste of a time slot.
I hate that they haven't made any new world bosses or replaced any with special event bosses like the Twisted Marionette or Giant Branded Scorpion from the beta.
I hate that you have to pay to change something as simple as your characters hair.
I hate that they removed the high res screenshot option like pic related which I had to half just to upload.
I hate that each of your characters share the same bank.
I hate that fast travel becomes more costly at higher levels but money from quests is still incredibly low.
I hate that names are game wide and not server wide.
I hate the Arena Shooter type blind box bullshit.
>>
File: gw417.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
gw417.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>384221309
>>384206594
I hate how long it took them to make an expansion.
I hate how the expansion isn't very big.
I hate how the expansion doesn't raise the level cap.
I hate how the new class is just a fucking Death Knight.
I hate how the expansion isn't a return to Cantha or Elona.
I hate that there are still no new playable races.
I hated that they basically scrapped all the original main characters for 2 poorly written lesbians.
I hated that in both instances men were a minority and were all dumb outside of Snaff who fucking dies before the game.
I hate that they made the ruler of Kryta a single woman (Just to really fucking drive it home) who mind fucks Logan into coming after her when she was in danger but just ends up saving her fucking self with magic.
I hate that Zojja is voiced by Felicia Day.
I still hate Kormir and how she is worshiped like any other god.
I hate how 4/6 gods are women, the 2 males are gods of death and war and the former 6th was evil and male.
I hate that they censored several female armors.
I hate that they also removed a female human idle animation because they thought it was too suggestive.
I hate that they changed the female human jog cycle so it is also not feminine and looks out of place compared to other.
I hate that they went so far as to remove female barbie doll like pelvises when in dresses.
>>
File: 1465509208615.jpg (94KB, 410x599px) Image search: [Google]
1465509208615.jpg
94KB, 410x599px
>>384206594
Every time I consider it I end up just wanting to go back and play GW1 instead.
>>
>>384215098

that was back when people still had hopes for the dev team before a several year content drought+shitty expansion forced them realize how bad they really were
>>
Guild Wars 2 was a fun romp when the game was still new to me. I explored the world 100%. The thing I absolutely detested was the zones were instanced and the world map looked like a quilt
>>
>>384221567
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>384221851
I find it ironic that GW 2, despite setting many years into the future, keep on fucking up lore for GW 1 and brought a shit expansion while sticking the middle finger at their own playerbase. Compare to ESO, it straight out screw up the lore, but the company ends up fixing most of the problem the player base has and brought a half decent expansion. It kind of sad that people are recommending GW 2 more than ESO, ignoring the principle of what make people like an mmo or not.
>>
>>384206594

I stopped playing when they announced the expansion.
I was interested in none of the additions.

- No work on the home instance
- Made the main city-hub fucking ugly
- Almost no sexy clothes. They also fucked up the outfit system. All leather armors are trenchcoats.
- No holy trinity but endgame content focused around spam-builds.

I liked the main game and I defenetly got my money's worth but there is nothing comfy about it any more.
>>
File: Creepychris.jpg (9KB, 222x260px) Image search: [Google]
Creepychris.jpg
9KB, 222x260px
>>384221567
>>I hate that they made the ruler of Kryta a single woman (Just to really fucking drive it home) who mind fucks Logan into coming after her when she was in danger but just ends up saving her fucking self with magic.
>Do living story quest
>Forced to sit through queen's boring and shitty dialogue
>All of a sudden, the queen can do god-like shit like summon super barriers to protect them from sieges
>She can kill people just by pointing at them
>She installs martial laws to root out traitors among her
>She uses her mental powers to turn Logan into her slave
>Has the power to subdue entire crowds with a wave of her hand
>But apparently she's had no prior adventuring experience and hasn't been in many fights before
>She's also the one responsible for the Charr peace treaty and letting them get away with their crimes against humanity
>Was responsible for Snaff's death, even though she can clearly defend herself and didn't need Logan to help

I'd sign up with the White Mantle, to be honest. The queen is a basically a super powered tyrant and the more I read about her, the more I realise that she seems to be the author's new Scarlet Briar.
>>
>>384222982
God, scarlet was such shit. It amazes me that it existed. Why did it exist? Why did everyone at Arenanet leave, to leave the most incompetent person on the old team in charge of everything? Why did they hire so many agenda-pushing retards? I'm a goddamn faggot and I do not think it's brave at all to be a tranny using mesmer magic, you shit, fuck off.
Guild Wars still has players. Not very many, but enough. Just enough.
>>
>>384206594
My girlfriend plays this game and as far as I know she has many friends that are also girls that play it.

The way she plays it though she plays it purely for the cosmetics.

It's become some kind of barbie-doll dress up simulator to her where she can farm for literally 8 hours for a 'pretty dress'.

Honestly if you want to meet women, I bet that this particular MMORPG has more women playing it than men.
>>
The game's far from dead desu. Again so many faggots who maybe tried the game once and now suddenly know everything about the game's current state.
>>
>>384223813
yeah, now it's literal pay2win
>>
>>384223942
There is no winning though.

It's literally pay to look pretty... There is no 'winning' at all in this game.

I mean I played for a bit during release and again a few months ago..

You gain all your skills by level 10 basically (10/80) so your character basically stops developing at that point.

The dungeons have no roles so it's a buttonmashing fest.

When you get to 0 Hp your character just falls over and needs to be 'helped up' (like left 4 dead)...

The dungeon bosses are so unbalanced because of a lack of holy trinity that the main strategy the players have come up with is stack ontop of each other SPAMMING the 'revive friend' button... which seems to somehow make them immune to death from the boss... Apart from that there are no 'interesting' items in terms of stats.. infact there's probably only a few dozen items in the game.. The only thing that differs is the skins on those items.

I think it's an amazing game from a certain perspective. If you just want to dress up, look pretty and try on new outfits (eg. you're a girl).. this game is 10/10. You can do that for hours.. You grind... and then you get rewarded with a new outfit that you can screenshot yourself in in pretty backgrounds and post on instagram... then you can go back and grind for the next costume. But for actual gameplay and character development or infact anything in the sense of a regular MMO it's fucked.
>>
Absolute shit game. Anyone even remotely even considering putting this on their computer is a lobotomized arenadrone cuck. Those who have it should negate themselves immediately.
>>
>>384206594
why do Devs go "hmm the first game is doing well should we just do that again with more shit and updated graphics? NAH LETS JUST MAKE A WHOLE NEW GAME WITH LESS FEATURES THEN THE FIRST"
Fucking Planetside did this also
>>
>>384224414
>elite specs are objectively better than other specs
>you have to pay for elite specs
>>
>>384219290
>>384223813
t. 2016+ redditers
>>
File: 1390880118451.png (54KB, 238x200px) Image search: [Google]
1390880118451.png
54KB, 238x200px
>>384222982
I just had another thought to add to this. If the Queen is also an extremely powerful mesmer, who's to say that she isn't deliberately manipulating her own population into compliance? She has the power to manipulate the thoughts and actions of entire crowds, so it isn't beyond her capabilities to do this. The whole thing with the chamber of ministers is bothering too... She has the power to suspend all other authorities in her government if she thinks it's necessary, and the population will still love her in spite of the complete centralization of power.

This is actually really fucked up.
>>
>>384224551
its an expansion how is a dozen new tiers of gear in any other mmo not pay to win then?
>>
>>384224526
See there >>384209152
All the GW 1 anet left when ncsoft told them to obey them
>>
>>384224726
it's less like new tiers of gear and more like new classes that are head and shoulders better than the other classes.
>>
>>384206594
Guild Wars 2 is a pretty solid game but once you get to end game there really isn't much to do after that. Compared to FFXIV where an update could last you like 1 or 2 months, GW2 would last you like 1 or 2 weeks. The cadence is slow and the content update shallow but I still recommend GW2 over any other F2P mmos out there.
>>
>>384225318

No, unlike GW 2, many f2p mmo are completed and the player can play in all content. I wouldn't recommend GW 2 at all
>>
>have a great combat system with ridiculous amount of player freedom that encourages experimentation
>also at all times reliant on group play to make synergy between characters even more important
>scrap all of that in the sequel; you are a generic, overpowered lone wolf with only a fraction of the build variety of the first game
>yet people still wonder why gw2 was nothing but a flash in the pan
>>
>>384225318
The only way to really keep on playing is to get into full WvW/GvG autism. And even then, since the expansion, it's not that fun anymore.
>>
>>384207467
Casual ...
It became better storywise raid and dungeon wise.
The amount of contet would blow you up.
>>
>hot maps
>filled with oneshotting mobs challenges
>hard to read attacks
>20 people zerging spells/pets all over the place
>>
>>384216449
FFXIV level and story grinds are so tedious you have to pay extra $50 to skip them. Even devs know how shit it is.

Expansion is $40, by the way. You can also buy the expansion+storyskip bundle for just $60. :^)

Ultimate jew model.
>>
>>384206594
Less than two weeks before Balthazar gets killed, and the first charr god.
>>
I want to start playing this again, but really don't want to buy the ExPac. Is it even worth playing it again without it?
>>
>>384227682
No. The game will become p2w if you do.
>>
Got mad the expancion pack shits on longtime players.
You get a expancion and get just it.
You are a new player you get the base game for free. . .
>>
>>384227402
>and the first charr god.
?
>>
>>384206594
It's for miserable poor people who can't afford fun nor could actually have fun if they did, it's a nice monotonous void with repetitive tasks to numb and distract them from their miserably unfulfilled lives.
That is the remaining playerbase as far as I can tell.
>>
>>384217865
Legendary armor is in the game though.
>>
>>384225650
>many f2p mmo are completed and the player can play in all content.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>384230210
Most of the legendary weapons they promised, however, aren't.
>>
File: 1240437566316.jpg (27KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
1240437566316.jpg
27KB, 300x284px
>>384206594
>tfw you are still mad
I WILL NEVER NOT BE MAD ABOUT GW2
>>
>>384229535
So, it's like every mmo.
>>
File: wow nice.jpg (19KB, 118x299px) Image search: [Google]
wow nice.jpg
19KB, 118x299px
>>384230505
>>
>>384227682
Yes if you just want to fuck around, but you'll be missing on the best content.
I'd say wait a bit, the final living story episode before the expansion comes out on july 25th then there's probably 3-6 months until the expansion launches, and they'll probably reveal the new expansion price and bundle the first expac with it.
>>
>>384221049
The only good thing about gw2 chronomancer is the horologicus
>>
>>384211451
Scarlet did nothing wrong.
>>
>>384223749
It would be fine playing for skins if it looked at least decent and not something designed by 12 year old.
>>
File: 1499413560139.jpg (91KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499413560139.jpg
91KB, 618x800px
I played from release till i got 3 legendaries then dropped it. I might have played longer but i rp'd with a 13 year old and she told the guild leader who told everyone in the guild so i joined another guild then rp'd with a 20 year old who became emo af after i got her nudes then said i wasn't really attracted to her.
>>
Wouldn't it be awsome if Arenanet came out with a new expansion for GW1, out of nowhere after so many years, like those devs did for Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology.
>>
>>384231168
Why can't you play videogames like a normal person?
>>
File: teddy and Angel.png (274KB, 547x404px) Image search: [Google]
teddy and Angel.png
274KB, 547x404px
>>384231170
You're assuming the old developers still work there. If you give these cancer a job to make an expansion for GW 1, they would corrupt it with their retarded shit.
>>
File: 1474857563055.png (1MB, 1440x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1474857563055.png
1MB, 1440x1406px
>>384206594

>tfw bought on release + played in beta
>they still have not added any new weapons, races or anything else remotely interesting
>just more and more tree people content

Is it that hard to add in a two handed great axe or some shit.
>>
>>384231403
>lesbian trans woman
It's just a regular dumbass who likes to wear skirts?
>>
File: 2016.gif (3KB, 366x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016.gif
3KB, 366x168px
>>384206594
It's one of the most played MMO and it's far from dead. There will be a second expansion likely at the end of the year or early 2018.

People hate it here because it's not GW1 with better graphics and a lot of them stopped playing when the game was in its worst state. The devs really got better since the disappointing first expansion.
>>
>>384231467
The season 3 of the Living World is not about tree people, it's about humans, the white mantle, the blood stone, Mursaats and fucking Balthazar.
Also, the next expansion is about the Crystal Desert.

There will never be a new race, too much work, but weapons who knows.
>>
>>384231272
I did until i got bored of it and just started roleplaying every day. I was with some of the first groups to exploit Arah and CoT and the first team to get to max fractals when they were first released. I was also top 50 in pvp briefly.
>>
>>384231815

>>384222982
>>384223350
It doesn't make it any good.
>>
>>384223350
Scarlet was cool from a gameplay standpoint, allowed them to go crazy with events and environments, apart from the HoT maps and a few things in the new LS maps, stuff has been pretty vanilla since Scarlet.
She fucked up everything and the aftermath is still visible, that's the kind of stuff I want to see more of. Please blow up the new LA.
>>
>>384231618
>The devs really got better since the disappointing first expansion.
How?
>>
So, do you think we're going to see cleansed Orr or is it something else entirely?
>>
>>384206594
I am still waiting for Guild Wars 2 to release. Guild Wars' last add-on released in 2007, with some DLC-tier shit being added later on. Yet no guild wars 2 to be sighted.
>>
>>384232357
The guy who was in charge was replaced. Content is being pumped out pretty fast and is much higher quality now.
>>
>>384214983
Because it takes effort that does not generate revenue.

>>384216091
>>384215539
you're both retarded, runescape quests usually have several puzzles, a bossfight,etc. not run around talk to faggots, and usually talking to people is important as well.
One quest involves rudimentary programming.
Another, light based puzzles.
etc.

No game can ever hope to compete with runescape's quest design.
>>
>>384216449
Or you can just skip every cutscene and not pay attention the lore, since it's pretty filler at certain points of the story.
>>
>>384232502
The one thing I hate about Orr is that you never got to see it in it's glory in GW1, and then they go off and make it a content-dead shithole for the majority of GW2.

At some point it would be cool to see Orr change or at least connect new areas in-between Elona and Orr.
>>
File: 20170120_104959.jpg (289KB, 510x984px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_104959.jpg
289KB, 510x984px
I played it as a fashion simulator and ERP machine for a while. But then some tranny bitched at me for saying my character didn't want to fuck a dude with a vag, and then another one, and another one.

A lot of people praise it for having a nice community, but its really just filled with passive aggressive people. Especially be wary if they play as a sylvari.
>>
>>384206594
The only people who talk about games on /v/ are autistic faggots with no jobs and that are full blown fanboys.

Yes lots of people play it, or it would of shut down.

Posts on /v/ indicate nothing, I could get 2 friends and make a general on /v/ about the first harry potter game on ps2 if I was weird enough. I could keep that shit bumped 24/7 too.
>>
>>384233402
They can make it happen in fractals, they probably wont though.
>>
>>384233409
>But then some tranny bitched at me
elaborate?
>>
>>384233409
Are you saying I should dodge the salad?
>>
They promised an MMO that would have PVP support as well as PVE. Totally lied about that, and so I quit after the first one and a half months (played the beta too).

I checked it out recently and Spvp hasn't really been improved much, but finally seems like it has all the necessary features.
>>
>play at release
>do dungeons with friends
>consists of mobs and people running all around the place
>some bosses have attacks with the weirdest dodge timings
>if you die during the fight, you just run back in and continue the fight, repeat as necessary
And that's when I stopped doing dungeons. The game also ended up becoming a drag in the last leveling zones.
>>
>>384233618
>should i dodge the shit-tier-design mary sue bad-guys-but-not-really hivemind race
yes, yes you should
>>
>>384216449
FFXIV anything is a pain to sit through. The game is boring and bland as fuck.

It looks polished and that's really all it has going for it.
>>
>>384206594
It's alright. As with any actively-developed online game a lot of its most glaring flaws got fixed over time.

I gave up before the expansion came out, though. Boring living story bullshit every two weeks or whatever was no substitute for proper patches. I got sick of fractals.
>>
>>384233563
Was RPing in uninstanced Salma on my male gay character and started to get chatted up by a "farmboy." Everything was going fine until my character made a joke about Anise being a man and they got all defensive. The writer then OOC-ly pesters me to apologize because it hurt their feelans irl, which I wasn't willing to because it would be out of character.

Xer then reveals the farmboy was trans, and my character explains carefully that he likes dick, and only dick, and the tranny storms out, returns on another character with a posse to back them up.
>>
>>384233409
How do you find RP in the game? Just events?
>>
>>384233618
Always. They're all garbage. Either they're "lol so random" fliterry annoyances or Courtier edgelords. And they plague DR, despite the fact the Grove has an RP shard.
>>
>>384233861
Guilds. Or Darknest if you want lewds. Even just joining Darknest's guild will put you in the correct RP shard 90% of the time if you rep the guild when you pop in DR.
>>
>>384233402
You know that's what going to happen.
>>
Are there really no MMOs left in man? FFXIV graphics are aging like shit
>>
>>384233770
I have absolutely no idea how anyone can play FF for more than an hour without wanting to blow their brains out. Shitty combat, a below mediocre ff story, empty, dead zones full of invisible walls... Is it really just weebs and retards wanting to pretend to be catgirls?
>>
>>384206594
It's cheap and has zero subscription fee, yet loses out in player base against FFXIV despite how jewish they are
>>
>>384233846
fucking hell, why are people so ssensitive about everything
>>
>>384234214
It also doesn't have one of the biggest names in gaming plastered across the title.

Or weeb bait.
>>
>>384234320
Welcome to 2017. It's only gonna get worse.
>>
>>384206594
Needed more slut gear to get people interested
>>
>>384206594

Original game was worth my $50 for the time I put into it...but only because no subscription fees. HoT....eh, it's a toss up

Won't be guying the next expansion (if there is one). Still, it's a fucking BEAUTIFUL game. Compared to WoW, GW is a fucking masterpiece visually.

But the combat is...I don't know how to put it. In WoW, I know what I'm doing. I know what's the right way to go about things and, when I die, I know what it is I did wrong. With GW, it's like I'm hitting buttons and things happen. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.
>>
>>384234612
GW2 has a lot of visual noise and the game actively does its best to ensure that you only have a minimum of information available about your opponent. There's no casting bars, no mana, no way to know if they have a dodge ready and the sheer amount of particle effects and read circles ensures that you can barely understand what's happening in a team fight. Creature descriptions barely tell you anything about what they do either.
>>
File: nightmare frac.webm (3MB, 698x392px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare frac.webm
3MB, 698x392px
>>384234612
At least the post HoT bosses all have huge visual indicators for every single attack.
>>
>>384234612
The next expansion will have mounts.
>>
>>384235747
GW2 doesn't have mounts?
>>
>>384233618
they're the donut steel race.

Expac 2 is the last silver lining anet will ever get. If they fuck it up too, I will leave for ESO or some other shit.

The only reason I still stick with this piece of shit, is because it's the only game with very good QoL and very responsive twitch mechanics (dodging, reflecting, blocking) with no bullshit GCD.

Someone post that frogposter.
>>
>>384212519
not saying gw2 is a good game but:
>you only ever see one. All the others are just busy jerking off i guess
killed 2 so far
>content updates are temporary. No plans for Cantha or Elona expansion.
next expansion will be set in elona
>>
>>384237107
There's no need for them currently.
If the expansion brings mounts, there'll probably be a good reason gameplay wise.
>>
>>384206594
trash game
>>
>>384234612
the combat in gw2 had the same expiriance for me... DIdnt now why i died ect.
Then i figured out there are specializations ... you can become a glass cannon a tank a pseudo heler with your eq ...
>>
>>384237287
More like cash shop moneymaking wise
>>
>>384235363
So basically Wildstar
>>
>>384237707
Basically, without the disgusting artstyle and with actual players.
>>
>>384233985

What's gonna happen is my farm train is gonna move east XD
>>
>>384234060
Yes.
>>
>>384237287
According to leaked images there are going to be mastery lines for each kind of mount, so they'll each bring something different aside from aesthetics
Still can't say I'm excited about mounts but there's that
>>
>>384221567
Revenant? not even remotely close to a death knight rofl
>>
File: tb3kTDy.jpg (25KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
tb3kTDy.jpg
25KB, 480x336px
>>384206594
Na, it's just a chill game.

Doesn't have a particularly noteworthy story, but it does have great gameplay.
People just play away in their spare time and don't feel the need to try convert new players.

Game is also buy to play, so people are comfortable taking long breaks or otherwise taking it easy between big content releases.

Personally it's the only MMO currently on the market I would recommend, but I fucking hate all the retards that come out of the woodwork screeching autism whenever you say something positive about an MMO game, so I never really mention GW2 or indeed any MMOs at all anymore.
>>
File: gw098.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gw098.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
trash story, fun gameplay. Trash economy, "fun" grind. Trash pvp (and i'm not saying trash as in every MMOs, I'm talking next level trash, the kind of trash that baffles you for now 5 years straight. The kind of trash that is so trash the devs gave up changing anything about it and will only listen to the 100 people playing PvP rather than the 1 million saying it's trash).
Seriously the story and the characters are fucking shit.

Also a good waifu simulator
>>
>>384206594
expansion killed it, that and it pretty much being a single player game.
>>
File: BOd7UIy.jpg (76KB, 703x527px) Image search: [Google]
BOd7UIy.jpg
76KB, 703x527px
>>384206594
How do people level in this game? It's more boring than runescape.
>Press 1
>Auto target
>Auto attack

>"""Quests""" are shit
>>
>>384239706
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Knowledge
like this
>>
>>384239706
And what the fuck did you do in wow that made leveling so interesting?

GW2's leveling is more or less the same as any other MMO, except at least each map has some events and world bosses to keep it fresh from time to time.
>>
>>384211285
HoT was a good expansion, though. Better than Blizz has ever done with WoW.
>>
>>384239975
what is
>not overpulling, having to plan shit
>leash range
>managing health, mana and gear
>planning a leveling route with actual quests, not fill a bar
>wPvP
>non-floaty combat
>>
>>384235363
Well, that does look completely different from running dungeons back in the days.
>>
File: 1410762318245.jpg (46KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1410762318245.jpg
46KB, 408x439px
>>384240150
>HoT was a good expansion, though

Its launch was a disaster. It had barely any of the content it promised, mastery grinding is frustrating, class balance got fucked raw in the ass, it gave away the base game to new players while giving old players nothing, didn't give a new character slot if you didn't preorder and it came with a hefty price tag. Even diehard arenadrones admit that it wasn't a good expansion.
>>
>>384240451
I bought it year ago for 20 bucks and I've been satisfied with it. The main game was quite meh, but the new areas are great. Didn't it have all the areas at launch or what?
>>
>>384240610
Five maps for fifty dollars. Magumma is tiny compared to the main game, and yet carried a similar price tag.
>>
>>384240150

Son I've been playing this shit since Beta and I don't think you will see anyone in the game that didn't violently throw up at how terrible the release for HoT was.

>Literally so much shit locked behind ridiculous mastery grinding even in the first map requiring you to have one of the LAST TRAITS to be finished, which is like +60 mastery points away
>The fight against Mordremoth was so fucking bugged, it'd kick you out at random, crash, lock you inside an area you couldn't escape or simply disconnect you
>in fact they just fixed that like, three months ago
>The Axeman at night time of the first map would sometimes simply not spawn lmao enjoy your organized nothing
>the fucking LFG tool
>Welcome to Reaper of Thorns, Literally Everything Else Is Garbage!

They needed so much more polishing.
And even then, the storyline is still so non-existant, it barely feels like they bothered.
The only redeeming quality of the whole expansion was the Mouth of Mordremoth being an awesome fight.
>>
File: 1497623616036.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497623616036.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
>>384240150
>Better than Blizz has ever done with WoW.
Hahahaha

HoT is WoD tier

I'm getting trolled
>>
>>384232665
>No game can ever hope to compete with runescape's quest desgin.

thank god, that game is for absolute autists
>>
>>384221784
same with me and FFXI whenever I think of FFXIV, MMOs only get worse, they don't get better
>>
>>384239706
>calling runescape boring
fuck you
>>
>>384231618
You realise that these numbers are not that impressive?
GW2 is not even in the top 10 once you take into account the "F2P" games like HS and WoW. Also the crossplat games are not listed here.
Also, the /v/ hates it cause it's popular argument is bullshit and you know it.
>>
File: image.png (432KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
432KB, 1280x721px
>>384206594
Not sure what you talking about OP, the game gets talked about plenty on e621
>>
>>384231618
>Overwatch is over doubled even against the next biggest thing
Why are blizzdrones so fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1494827262109.png (318KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494827262109.png
318KB, 550x550px
>PvP only, don't do PvE
>30$ for expansion
>30$ to gain access to specs that are meta
>30$ includes new PvP map
>30$ includes nothing else for PvP
>30$
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>384243105

That's what you get for playing MMO PvP. Deserved.
>>
>>384219516
But there's literally a chronomancer class in GW2
>>
Because it's boring. You run out of new things to do after level 12, then grind the rest of the way to the level cap only to discover that you've just done everything in the game and now all that's left is to either do a literal loot treadmill for gear that has no real use because the only form of PvP you could use it in is a level scaled zergfest or spend thousands of hours grinding for cosmetic shit in this ugly ass looking game.
>>
>>384243318
Just as mesmers in GW1 and 2 are completely different, so would chronomancers be.

To be blunt, a chronomancer designed in GW1 by the original team would have actually been good.
>>
>>384240384
Release dungeons were a complete joke, like they were designed for an entirely different game.
Fractals were a bit better but the design really improved after HoT.
>>
>>384240716
>Literally so much shit locked behind ridiculous mastery grinding even in the first map requiring you to have one of the LAST TRAITS to be finished, which is like +60 mastery points away
That was the entire point, giving the map some sort of metroidvania feeling where you'll have to revisit areas once you've unlocked the proper skills for it.

Also
>Reaper
Good meme, only total shitters ran in full reaper groups, it's always been much slower than an actual balanced group, just easier.
>>
>>384243785

And the entire point failed because it was retarded and provided nothing other than a skill point, POI or area locked behind an event or gate you could not access because of lolplants. No storyline, no hearts, nothing to actually discover or do in those areas. Just a grindwall to grab a skillpoint at most.
Stop defending something retarded. They pulled back on it for a reason.
>>
What's the best MMO to play nowadays?
>>
>>384206594
just the fuckin name even hyped it up so much, it simply wasnt a successor to gw1
>>
I've gotten multiple characters to level cap and never knew dungeons were a thing that existed in the game. I still don't know how to access them or how they work without holy trinity roles. How does sustained healing work? Do you need a guardian or warrior to tank?
>>
>>384243947
It's been runescape for YEARS, m8.
>>
>>384244512

Are you mentally handicapped
>>
>>384243947
Real life.
>>
File: 1499249861322.png (250KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
1499249861322.png
250KB, 716x716px
>>384240150

Not sure if bait or genuinely stupid.

HoT was a half-baked piece of incomplete shit. They didn't deliver even half of what they promised, and what we did get was a buggy, poorly thought out mess that did more harm than good.

The new PvP mode is awful. The new WvW map is awful. The new PvE maps are awful. The guild halls barely serve any kind of purpose. The state of balance across all game modes has been a complete clusterfuck. Masteries are a tedious grind that no one asked for.

Literally the only reasons people still bother with the HoT maps are because of HP trains and materials unique to the HoT maps so they can keep up with the power creep from the elite specs and new stat combos. They play HoT because they have to, not because they want to. Anyone who actually enjoys the HoT maps for their "content" is a genuine masochist and needs psychiatric help.
>>
>>384244805
>tfw you sit there with all the HoT Ascended unique skins unlocked and wonder if you had fun at any point through the making of all this garbage and come to the conclusion that it has in fact just been 30% AFKing, 30% braindead zerging, 30% circling events without paying attention to what they are about, 10% actual engaging fun

Even playing nothing at all has been a relief as of stopping with this shit.
Only worth to show up for the 3 hours worth of storyline every 2-3 months, then ignore until next release.
>>
I want to get back into GW1. What campaign should I go with (I've gotten through a decent chunk of each) and what class? Preferably something that can survive when the henchmen and heroes inevitably act like shitters
>>
>>384245225
>Ritualist
>Spirit Signet
>Solo the entire game regardless of any AI faults

You can even kill Shiro by leaving summoned spirits shooting at him while he sends you away.
>>
>>384244805
>pve maps are awful
Eat shit, they are better than anything in the vanilla game. Probably the best areas I've seen in any MMO.
>>
>>384245335
How about for the other campaigns? Necro or ranger due to pets?
>>
>>384243947
Can a non autistic person please answer this question?
>>
File: (390).png (250KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
(390).png
250KB, 500x365px
They got rid of the Holy Trinity (this was a selling point BTW) but didn't think to actually replace it with anything, so dungeons became a "everyone stand in one place and use anything not on it's cooldown" zerg fest.

Also.
Personal story is shit.
Scarlet Briar.
NCsoft
Characters entirely made for virtue signalling.
>>
>>384244512
Vanilla dungeons are pretty much just an all out dps clown fiesta, high level fractals and raids require a balanced group with dps and supports in the form of healing and boon upkeep.
>>
>>384243947
Albion
>>
>>384242671
CharrXHuman is the patrician's pairing
>>
>>384245673
Albion Online

The newest is the best because it has the most potential and hype until you drain what there is and start waiting for updates
>>
File: 1473246619031.png (36KB, 266x289px) Image search: [Google]
1473246619031.png
36KB, 266x289px
>>384245546

>Literally zero environment variance - I hope you like shitty overgrown jungle, cause that's all you get, even though that whole elder dragon thing should give them enough reason to go wild with the environment design
>Terrain flow that is fucking retarded for the sole purpose of justifying gliding and a bunch of other masteries that no one gives a shit about, but have to grind anyway to get around effectively in just those four maps
>maps designed entirely around "muh epic meta events," reducing any potential variety in the events just so that everything fits into the map's "narrative"
>four maps that are "big" because they just threw a bunch of shit into the trees and called it "vertical design"
>only four maps after literal years of waiting

Take a break from sucking Mike's cock and off yourself.
>>
>>384246471
>>384245937
Their site is down
>>
File: Gw2-64 2016-08-04 20-49-03-78_1.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gw2-64 2016-08-04 20-49-03-78_1.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>384246482
>zero environment variance
>that whole elder dragon thing should give them enough reason to go wild with the environment design
How fucking wrong can one person be?
None of the 4 maps are alike despite all being jungle themed.
>>
>>384246482
The verticality is exactly what makes it so good. You wanted it to be generic flat plains garbage where you can just set a tangent, press R and go to toilet? Trying to climb the wreckages and vines in Verdant Brink was damn fun. You want worst areas in the game you gotta go Arathi Highlands
>>
>>384247074
I really do get tired of these threads where people list a billion reasons for not liking the expansion and some shithead tries to dodge those by cherrypicking one or two things to respond to.

Or maybe I'm just tired of this whole fucking board.
>>
>>384240150
>HoT was a good expansion
Unironically kys.
>>
>>384206594

Because it's old. The general is probably over at >>>/vg/.
>>
>>384246471

>B2P
>Subscription
>Cash shop
>In a 'player-driven economy'

Haha
>>
>>384247393
Then don't included literal bullshit reasons in your list of billion reasons to hate the game.
>>
>>384246482
>but have to grind anyway to get around effectively in just those four maps

Yeah cause god forbid you to actually play the game to unlock stuff right?

Get the fuck out retard.
>>
>>384247515
>Literal bullshit
>That I always avoid refuting for reasons

Fuck off, cunt. I'm not even the poster talking shit about the HoT maps.
>>
File: 1472418557367.jpg (23KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1472418557367.jpg
23KB, 195x195px
>>384247074

Oh yeah, each map has like two or three things that stand out, but only exist because of their relevance to the pathetic excuse for a story. And then the other 99% of the maps are nothing but jungle, jungle, some more jungle, and a bit more jungle for good measure. Occasionally a dinosaur.

What a fucking joke.
>>
>>384247393

>Or maybe I'm just tired of this whole fucking board.
Definitely this.
>>
Anyone have the image that's got the reactions to all the guild wars 1 classes and the expansions?
>>
File: 1493841875060.jpg (104KB, 1120x575px) Image search: [Google]
1493841875060.jpg
104KB, 1120x575px
>>384247753
And of course I find it just as I post that
>>
>>384247393
>why can't these people accept that they should hate it because I do!
Or maybe you are just a cynical bitch and an autist.
>>
>>384247393
>cherrypicking
Because you have to either disagree with the entire thing or agree 100%, right?
I forgot there was no room for opinion here, other than hating everything.
>>
File: 1310367731764.jpg (59KB, 494x490px) Image search: [Google]
1310367731764.jpg
59KB, 494x490px
>tfw you are not a utube celeb so you don't get mats for a legendary shoved up your ass
I quit when I had to grind karma in dead zones for those shitty rocks and never came back. The shitty korea-tier grind for legendaries is worse than WoW's.
>>
>>384247846
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. My issue is that people don't actually bother refuting what's said and actively avoid it. If your entire argument boils down to screeching that people are being autistic, there's no reason to listen to you or value your opinion at all.

>>384247904
Then say something like "I agree with some points, but I disagree with these points." All people do is say "wow, you're just a hater, autism, nice opinion."
>>
File: world 1st is 53.jpg (32KB, 216x81px) Image search: [Google]
world 1st is 53.jpg
32KB, 216x81px
>>384248097
>tfw
>>
>Only good thing about Scarlet was the Battle on the Breachmaker song, a song written by one of the tranny at ANet
>>
>>384247585

I wouldn't mind if the masteries served any purpose outside of the HoT maps, but aside from gliding, they don't. Gliding is the only mastery that has any actual value. The rest are a complete waste of time. They exist only to keep you in those shitty maps because if you could get around effectively without being mastery gated you would blow through completing the maps in 2 hours.

Get the fuck out, shill.
>>
File: The Kang of Sciences.jpg (26KB, 539x422px) Image search: [Google]
The Kang of Sciences.jpg
26KB, 539x422px
>>384248243
Or maybe they should give out proper arguments to refute first instead of coming out as whiny bitches that state subjective opinions as universal truths.

Like this shit-eater here >>384246482
>no variance
There literally is variance even if it does follow a common theme. Is that a bad thing? Why is it a bad thing? To me the areas feel varied and easy on the eyes.
>terrain flow that is retarded
Most fun area to navigate for me. Feels actually designed instead of being just an empty box with couple cliffs slapped here and there.
>muh meta events
I can't even begin to tell what the issue is here.
>muh vertical is bad
This is just a garbage argument and spins off earlier stuff.
>only four maps
Probably the only argument that holds some objective validity, Though they do have shitload more stuff to do than even the richest vanilla zones and you could argue that dry top and silverwastes are sorta half-HoT as well.
>>
>Balthazar is roaming on Tyria once again
>He did not led mankind,s army to go on a furry massacre
>>
>>384249005
Thanks for actually refuting it. I'm happy now. Cherry picking shit flinging isn't going to get us any closer to the truth of the matter.
>>
GW2 is actually pretty solid right now.
They've done quite some work on making sure there are some things to do in the endgame since launch.

You can start it for free now, the game has no sub and the combat is very enjoyable due to the slight "action-y" elements.
Jump puzzles are great too.
>>
>>384249018
this, it is fucking dumb that humans don't follow him at all. If jesus came back, all of murrica would immediately be at his disposal.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (298KB, 1900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
298KB, 1900x1080px
>>384249018
he knows better than to mess with the race whose slain gods before
>>
>>384211452
This. Squishy number crunching wiggle in place combat. No fucking collision lmao. Like beating an intangible boulder with a string.
>>
File: 1484571630575.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1484571630575.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>384249005

>Like this shit-eater here

Oh boy, here we go.

>There literally is variance even if it does follow a common theme. Is that a bad thing? Why is it a bad thing? To me the areas feel varied and easy on the eyes.

A common theme that is boring as shit and was already exhausted months beforehand while we waited for Colin & Co. to get off the the hype train and actually develop their game. Easy on the eyes? Sure, if you turn off half of the graphics options to get rid of the disgusting amounts of bloom and particles so you can actually see what you're looking at.

>Most fun area to navigate for me. Feels actually designed instead of being just an empty box with couple cliffs slapped here and there.

I actually enjoy the platforming stuff such as jumping puzzles and what not. The difference is that the HoT maps were intentionally designed to be convoluted as hell purely for the sake of justifying the players grinding for a bunch of movement masteries they can't even use outside of those maps. That's bullshit and you know it.

>I can't even begin to tell what the issue is here.

They wore out their welcome and were boring within the first week. They encouraged even more of the braindead zerging that already plagued the game, and designing the entirety of the maps around that shit causes those same braindead zerglings to fling shit at anyone that has the audacity to do something else on the map.

>This is just a garbage argument and spins off earlier stuff.

Putting a bunch of shit into the trees and telling players to go get it is lazy as fuck. They don't even do anything interesting in those areas aside from a few bosses in VB. If there was a genuine reason to go up there aside from getting masteries and hero points, then I would have no issues with it. But there isn't.
>>
>>384249230
Jumping puzzles and Guild dungeons are easily the most useless thing in the game. Rewards were shit for all the trouble you had to go through.
>>
>>384250647
Jumping puzzles are for the masochists
>>
I honestly thought WvW was fun for some time until guilds on your server started to sell out and swap servers. Then it becomes a shit fest because the tiers are imbalanced.

Too bad this game has literally no end game..
>>
>>384250647
Things can be enjoyable even without the reward at the end.
>>
>>384206594
the reason no one talks about is it because the game is pure fucking trash
if you support the SJW developers you need to actually kill yourself
>>
File: 220px-Sabetha's_Scorcher_side.jpg (22KB, 220x387px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Sabetha's_Scorcher_side.jpg
22KB, 220x387px
>Mfw I consider getting sabetha back piece to be my ultimate endgame after my legendary
>Mfw pubs are terrible at raiding and theres no hope of doing sabetha
>Mfw raid guilds have ridiculous requirements and act more like companies with job applications rather than a video game guild
I just want that backpiece to look good in fashionwars 2
>>
They killed the Trinity but created content that actively encourages you to follow it.
>>
>>384240451
>Its launch was a disaster. It had barely any of the content it promised, mastery grinding is frustrating, class balance got fucked raw in the ass, it gave away the base game to new players while giving old players nothing, didn't give a new character slot if you didn't preorder and it came with a hefty price tag. Even diehard arenadrones admit that it wasn't a good expansion.

The trailer was terrible too. It was low energy, lacked any sense of epicness, the entire mood of it just felt like it was yet another badguy the heroes had to go and fight. Compare it to the epicness of WoW trailers and you can see what I mean. It's just so low energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpeLj-fDK-4
>>
>>384251272

>Mfw raid guilds have ridiculous requirements and act more like companies with job applications rather than a video game guild

That's just tryhards overcompensating for the game's general lack of elitism prior to HoT. I don't even do raids and I'm glad they were added to the game. They're a fantastic containment zone for those spergs, and the rest of the game has been more enjoyable as a result.
>>
>>384251881
I get what you mean with the trailer, but I guess they wanted to to keep the surprise with mordremoth and what he's actually like, hopefully the next elder dragon is some cool shit.
>>
File: 2012-10-27_00013.jpg (584KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-27_00013.jpg
584KB, 1920x1080px
>>384250647
Jumping puzzles were great. Some of the best content in the game. Still remember the one that had a fake ending chest. You could at least get doubloons which were not really farmable.

>>384240451
>didn't give a new character slot if you didn't preorder and it came with a hefty price tag
Even had to beg on forums to make that character slot happen. Fun times. Quit again before HoT even launched though.
>>
>>384251881
I don't think their budget or talent is even 5% of Blizzard.

Looking back at the huge marketing in 2012 I can't help but laugh.
>>
>>384252256
They don't have a good track record for interesting dragon fights so far. You pressed 1 to take out Zhaitan and you mind fucked Mordremoth to death.

At least you got to stab that story stealing salad at the end of it.
>>
File: gw2 (623).jpg (250KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
gw2 (623).jpg
250KB, 1680x1050px
>>384252348
Best puzzle, wasn't even that hard but the salt was amazing.
>>
>>384251272
That's why you join the /vg/ guild so they carry you
>>
>>384252363
Honestly the dragon lieutenants like shatterer and mouth of modremoth were more fun than. Even fucking claw of jormag was better than zhaitan and idk wtf is going on during that fight
>>
>>384240150

>dude vanilla classes completely invalidated lmao
>GOOD EXPANSION

go die
>>
Put over 800 hours into Guild Wars 2. Great game but just got tired of it. Probably my favorite MMO ever
>>
>>384243318
>>384221049

it's just stolen concepts from gw1 and it's watered down tank piece of shit with the sole purpose of refreshing skills faster
>>
PS4 port when?
>>
>>384210359
ESO is legit better, see if you can try it for cheap or free though. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>384221567
>I hate how the expansion doesn't raise the level cap

stopped reading you are fucking stupid
>>
>>384206594
didnt you get the memo, the game sucks.
>not just playing the original guildwars
>>
>>384252757
>vanilla classes completely invalidated
Elite specs are just a single traitline, a weapon and a couple skills, your class is still 70% to 90% vanilla, of fully vanilla if you're engineer.
>>
>>384212519
>Personal story is awful
I thought the human half was alright despite the whole "Hospital vs Orphanage" choice not biting you in the ass later on.
>>
>>384251881

Also, what happens in the trailer is just silly. A bad guy shows up, attacks rytlock, he quickly kills him. Then another bad guy immediately shows up and attacks, Rytlock proceeds to one shot him too. Then a THIRD bad guy (presumably Mordremoth) shows up and Rytlock proceeds to 1v1 him too before the trailer ends with low energy music that gives the feeling of "just another day fighting bad guys and saving the world".

There's no feeling of epicness, no feeling of a serious threat, especially when you see the villains get one-shot easily by one fucking dude. Like why would I think ANY of these monsters are a threat to me when I can see one dude take them out 1v1 with no challenge whatsoever?
>>
>>384253309
I hate how my warband never gets mentioned again nor do I ever see them
>>
>>384210359
Clunky as hell, has that bethesda seal of non quality that might put you off, unplayable for me after spending so much time on GW2.
>>
>>384253525
Charr are just cutie patooties now instead of the cool, savage cats they were in GW1 and the GW2 artwork. Either go Sylvari, Asura or fuck off.
>>
>>384253337
I thought the end of season 2 trailer was much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Vfjr6vSsc
>>
>>384253673
You're just jealous we get more lewd fan art and internet recognition than the leaf people or those snobby ayys
>>
>>384212050
>>Technology level is retarded across the entire board, one race has borderline sci-fi technology vs generic medieval humans and steampunk cats

Yeah, like what the fuck were they even going for here? They have people with medieval level tech and attire (Norn and humans), people with steampunk level tech (Charr), people with outright fucking scifi tech (Asura). None of it feels cohesive, it's all over the place, you have fucking knights walking around where people are fighting robots, shooting laser guns and using computers (yeah that was a thing they added in living story, I think). None of it feels like it belongs with itself. WoW has the same problem, but I think to a lesser degree.
>>
>>384253708

>Sylvari are considered evil by everyone else now plotline

I remember this. Didn't this get hyped up as a plot point for the expansion, and then never actually go anywhere in the actual game?
>>
>>384254238
It is one of the major plot points, but the HoT ends so quickly that it doesn't matter that much, HoT ambient npc chatter talks about that a lot though.
>>
>>384253987
>Charr and Asura engineering capable of fixing pretty much 90% of the issues presented in the game

>None of its capabilities applies even to asura and charr zones, it's just people standing around manually chopping trees or using """""guns"""" to manually collect stuff

>humans are capable of creating PSEUDO-SENTIENT SHAPE SHIFTING CLOCKWORK LADIES
>ha ha let's put them in a pit and explode them all for fun

?????
>>
>>384254238
Everyone in the maguuma maps distrust and talk shit about Sylvari but you don't hear much about that in tyria maps
>>
>>384254634
Humans are all about soldiers and armies, they're fucking strong in groups.
>>
File: charr_bike.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
charr_bike.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>384253987
Humans use swords, guns, catapults and medieval tier technology. I just always assumed maybe they focus more on magic to help them or something, Idk.

Charr just straight up have steam tanks, helicopters, APCs, artillery, machine guns, firearms etc. but they still use swords and melee weapons for some reason.

Asura have all the sci-fi shit but I assume their like DC's fictional nation of Wakanda where even though they are really advanced they keep all their technology to themselves.

Norn and Sylvari have next to nothing. There's no reason why Charr can't just steam roll everyone else and rule over Tyria except maybe the Asura slapping their shit in hard.
>>
File: fixed.jpg (184KB, 1120x575px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
184KB, 1120x575px
>>384247831
>>
>>384255534
Only if you play them in that order, I started with Nightfall, then Factions, EotN and Prophecies last and that final one was absolute trash, both story missions and maps.
>>
File: 1496090865503.jpg (25KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
1496090865503.jpg
25KB, 500x424px
>>384206594

TFW Super Adventure Box (the only good thing besides regular jumping puzzles in this game) will never be finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsFzVm-JHl4
>>
>>384256535
https://youtu.be/KFhr14aDCgI
>>
>>384206594
It is super fucking boring. I have played FFXIV, WoW, TERA, BnS, BDO, RIFT, SWTOR, and GW2. GW2 is the blandest fucking MMO I have ever played. For all the story people were calming it has I was expecting something better than WoW's text boxes. But no, the story is the WoW text boxes. There are chunks of decent story but there is too much crap between each story chunk. The quests are just fucking awful and the combat is floaty and lacks power. All your weapons feel like nerf weapons. The water combat makes it fucking worse. WATER GAME PLAY IS BAD! Stop putting it in fucking games, especially MMOs. WoW's is literally better because it is no different than being on land. The game would be far better if you could grind out dungeons to max level like in all WoW, or make the story and combat entertaining like in FFXIV.

Well, maybe it gets better after level 23, but I couldn't stand playing anymore.
>>
>>384214983
SECRET

WORLD

LEGENDS
>>
>>384212050
i dont like gw2 as mucha s the next guy but this post is full of horse shit
ripped off skyrim? the game that came out a few years later with its dragon story?
kys
>>
If I join now, will I see people in low level zones that will actually team up and do quests with me, PQ or low level raids and what not?

Or will I just see ghost towns and everything will be empty & dead until I hit max level and just quit the game because I don't know anyone to play with and no one will play with someone who doesn't have best in slot in every slot.
>>
>>384259295
Oh you'll find people no problem, they'll help you when an event pops on the map and then go away do their thing.
It's kind of a weird MMO where people will gather naturally for an event and then never talk to each other again.
Just ask questions, people love helping in this game.
>>
>>384259295
You'll see people because there is no dungeon grind like in other MMOs.
>>
File: 1496404596420.png (221KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496404596420.png
221KB, 300x350px
>level scaling
>in a fucking mmo
>>
>>384260103
WoW:L did it and it was good
>>
>>384260103
It's that or all the lower level areas are obsolete the moment you outlevel them.
Just look at wow, every expansion kills everything that came before.
>>
>>384211451
those arrows with the post, are those up/downvote pictures?
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.