[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really makes you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 24

File: 1500077678585.png (549KB, 799x708px) Image search: [Google]
1500077678585.png
549KB, 799x708px
Really makes you think
>>
One of countless double standards. But at this point its not even worth discussing, because you cannot argue with a feminist. That's 'mansplaining'
>>
File: image_3.jpg (585KB, 1895x2027px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
585KB, 1895x2027px
While your image isn't entirely right, it's not wrong either. Female characters tend to have very little in the way of character flaws compared to male characters, and you have to be incredibly careful because they have to represent all women, so you have to think a lot more about how you're portraying them.
>>
>>383952472
Why do they have to represent all women?
>>
too bad its the year 2017 and logic has no value in public discourse
>>
>>383952704
because people are irrational.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>383952704
I don't know to be honest. But most of the mainstream press tends to paint any female character from any movie as some statement about all women. Whether it be movies or games, that tends to be a common thread. Those people have a lot of clout, so when a movie or game portrays a female character in a way they don't like, they tend to start a shit show over it, encouraging other developers to not make the same mistake.
>>
>>383953345
So the OP's pic is fairly accurate then. Some loud assholes scream about it, and we have to accept it because some dipshits we've never seen nor give a fuck about say so?
>>
>>383953678
Nerds are pushovers. The industry was too young as well, with 'journalists' that wanted to be taken more seriously than just writing game reviews. It was a perfect storm for bending to the squeaky wheel. We never stood a chance
>>
>>383952472
>Female characters tend to have very little in the way of character flaws compared to male characters, and you have to be incredibly careful because they have to represent all women

Naw your overthinking it, Since to put it simply waifus. And to be more exact merchandising based on wiafus.

Now without out getting into the whole what gender likes what or whatever, marketing departments are surprisingly fucking shit and know only how to market to a small group of people.

Like though it is not vidya. Look at the teen titans cartoon from a while ago. Which was simply canceled since marketing sucked at their job and only knew how to market at boys even though the show had a sizeable female fan base.

Its just business more so than any sort of actual political statement of any sort. Since marketing departments tend to suck at how good they are at their jobs and then since they are in charge of selling the product actually have a considerable amount say.

So that fag in OPs image is wrong for what i will admit are stupid and retarded reason. Since the truth is that marketing wants shit they can sell and usually don't care what it is as long as they get paid and don't get fired. So they push for almost cookie cutter "empowered" or "sexy" contemporary designs. Since there is playbooks already set as how to sell such thing.

Hell and for a vidya example just look at time splitters 4 and the reason as to why no publisher picked it up.

Marketing holds a uprising amount of sway as to what even gets made. Many just suck at their job so they seek and demand for designs and such of characters to be made as easy as possible for them to sell.

So more than anything it is actually marketers seeking easy shit to sell that has made the way female characters as whole the way they are.

So marketing and merchandising are truly the bane of shit more so than the projections of political statements people tend to make as to why shit is they way it is.
>>
>>383953812
Enough of this civil conversation.

I don't like your post and what it implies. My dick, suck it. Also, OP's post still stands as fairly accurate.
>>
>>383953940
I'm sorry you don't like my post
>>
>>383951979
but women are the most perfect beings in the planet. No flaws at all.
>>
>>383951979
Is there a tl:DR version of this?
>>
>>383951979
>Galbrush is weak, cowardly, kind of a nerd, and generally the last person you'd think of to even cabin boy on a pirate ship, let alone captain one.
Have two hunky men (a pirate and a naval officer) fight for her attention and it's basically just the sort of trash that women would read.
>>
>>383954196
When aren't allowed to be unique and flawed because it will always be over analyzed as representative of all women
>>
>>383954196
>Is there a tl:DR version of this?

/pol/ bait
>>
>>383953845
I still don't understand why female characters have to represent all women. That's sheer retardation and devalues all female characters to something resembling a Mary Sue. Why the fuck would anyone want that? Is humanity retarded and I'm just now realizing it?

>>383954071
Apology accepted.
So if you please get on your knees.
There are no bills, there are no fees.
Baby, I know what your problem is.
The first step of the cure is a kiss.
>>
>>383951979
2013 Tomb Raider had Lara be a clumsy oaf that gets fucked up constantly but other than that I can't think of any other principal western female characters where that also happens.
>>
No shit, he's right.

If you criticize a woman, you declare war an all womanhood.

Just look at Donald Trump as a good example. He's made fun of a few women and they used that against him to call him a sexist and mysoginist. When he talks shit about men, you hear cricket sounds.
>>
>>383951979
>see 'con artist' and 'video games' in the same paragraph
no, i'm not reading that
>>
>>383952704
because like harem anime mc males, the female side has to be self-insertable

this is why i hate self-insertfags
>>
>>383954196
RESPECT WOMEN
>>
>>383951979

Racial and Gender inequalities exist but video games probably aren't the medium to debate such socially heavy topic because of how easy it could be to take something out of context

What do I know though
>>
>>383955136
They exist in third world countries.
Racism and sexism exist in a very very small minority that like to screech about it behind a computer screen rather than go outside and actually protest there opinions because they're massive pussies *cough* pol *cough*.
If you think genuine inequality exists in america or basically any other 1st world country you are an idiot.
>>
I'm glad SJWs chose to encroach on vidya instead of literature. Now they'll pointlessly bicker about a pointless medium instead of actually fucking anything up.
>>
>>383955136
>Racial and Gender inequalities exist

maybe in africa
>>
>>383955389

I think those kind of inequalities exist the world over, each culture pushes them differently.

Sure in 1st world countries things are "better" than 3rd world countries but that doesn't inherently make them good

A gun shot would in your hand is better than a gunshot wound in your skull but both are still gun shot wounds. You don't want either.

The problem in America at least is that the civil rights movement isn't that old, despite it being something we read about in our history books, so its easier to think its something that happened a long time ago like the civil war, and even in context of western and other civilizations, American is just a drop of water in an ocean of ancient recorded history

I will disagree with you and say that inequality does exist in 1st world countries, its just taken on a different form, whether or not it will truly balance out has yet to be shown but time will tell.

Again, I don't think vidya is a good medium to pick at for discussing such issues, games are just a product of society
>>
>>383955626
>>
>>383955626
I'm not, I wish they kept that shit in movies. I'm thinking they only invaded video games because of those games with heavy narratives (like movies) started becoming popular.
>>
>>383955653

So you don't think those types of social inequalities exist in 1st world countries?

Why not? I'm just curious? Where are you from?
>>
>>383955842
You may think that, but think about it. Game companies aren't really going to chance, the gaming demographic isn't going to change. It's bittter, pointles shrieking into the void by neon haird banshees.
>>
>>383955626

>SJWs
Its a shame this acronym is made to mean something completely different than what it should, nothings wrong with social justice, people just need to learn to present their stances better
>>
>>383955781
Give me one example of built in inequality in america.
And don't bring up the fucking paygap thats not built in thats women earning less than mencand if you dont know the difference you should research it.
>>
File: 14543875892437.jpg (328KB, 998x875px) Image search: [Google]
14543875892437.jpg
328KB, 998x875px
>>383955978
>>
>>383955781
There is no struggle in America for gender equality. It's all a big facade. Activists are just crying because they see more men than women in a certain building, and at the same time, women have the same opportunities by going to college and getting a degree. It all depends what women chose to do, and they usually choose to do easier office work. The stuggle for activists is just making the status quo 50/50 inside a workplace. It's almost like communism, they are directing everyone where they should and shouldn't work.
>>
>>383954450
>Is humanity retarded and I'm just now realizing it?

Yep. Welcome to adulthood, kid.

It's the same thing as racial portrayals in any form of media. If you were to make a black guy in a game or movie, idiots would take that as a representation of all black people. If people made a movie with the main character being a lazy Mexican, well, obviously the director must be saying that all Mexicans are lazy. That's just how it is. It's stupid, it's irrational, but that's how it is, and as long as stupid people are in charge of the media, it's how it's going to be.
>>
>>383951979
Fuck op, you managed to not only start a thread with a twitter screencap of sjw shit, but a twitter screencap of a youtube comment screencap of sjw shit. That's like, twice the cancer level.
>>
>>383955979

Capitalism itself is a system based on inequality. Some will always have more and some will always have less.

I can't say whether pay inequality among genders is a valid point but at various jobs I've had in various fields (culinary, clerical, retail, medical) I've seen women treated very differently than men. Perhaps that's not a factor that's "built in" like in 3rd world countries but why should negative societal "norms" that haven't been corrected yet be tolerated any more than the kind of messed up stuff in 3rd world countries you're attempting to deflect with?
>>
>>383956292

Nice image, I too browse the politics board on 4chan.com :)
>>
>males make up vast majority of characters in video games
>men over analyze and criticize every female character introduced
>still manage to play the victim and blame women for this

These mental gymnastics might get a medal this year
>>
>>383956483
>men over analyze and criticize every female character introduced

What
>>
>>383956747
Every female lead or new female character earns their own thread full of bitching

It's almost a relief when a new major IP doesn't have women, because it might actually be discussed on here without immediately turning into a shitpost party.
>>
>>383956915
I don't see those threads. What are you talking about?
>>
>>383956335

Again, I'm not saying that inequality in America is as built in and obvious as it is in 3rd world countries, it happens on a much more subtle social level. Same shit happens with race/ethnic discrimination

If you think these kinds of things are a facade you really need to get out and see the world more. This isn't something that you can take at face value from a text post on an anonymous image board. You have to observe society as a whole and ask yourself why you view people the way you do and whether or not the kind of stereotypes you adhere to are healthy or not.

Really the best we can all do is live our lives day by day and do our best to treat everyone we interact with as best as they deserve. Erasing bad societal norms isn't something that happens overnight, even some activists don't realize this. They think this kind of shit thats ingrained in society is just going to disappear overnight. It's not

Plenty of people are alive right now who were alive when the civil rights movement was happeneing
>>
People are taking this feminism thing too far now. It was meant for population control and it's supposed to be about just making women work so it can lower wages and make it harder to have families. Meanwhile they are sitting in a cubicle for hours while hearing printers go off pretending that it feels liberating.
>>
This kind of reminds me on how you can't say anything bad about Jews but you can make negative stereotypes against other nationalities
>>
>>383951979
>vidya can only be afforded by 20% of world population best
>majority of it are Western Europe and North America countries
Though they DO represent vast majority of players.
>>
>>383952704
Because modern feminism is retarded and eats at everyone and everything, including itself in an erratic attempt to garner power and influence. It's pretty much a cult at this point.
>>
>>383957034
Try going into a Wolfenstein or Beyond Good and Evil thread

That shit was endless when they were announced
>>
>>383957089

>jews
>nationality

Since when is religion a nationality?
>>
>>383957361

>excited for both Beyond Good and Evil 2 and new Wolfenstein
>see /v/ threads
>nu /pol/ kiddy shit posting the whole time

I think they look fun
>>
>>383957389
When the religion doesn't proselytize and is determined based on your mother being a jew. Pretty easy.
>>
>>383957494

Outside of 4chan though I don't really see such rigid Jewish stereotypes

Really makes you think don't it
>>
>>383956392
Were they treated badly or were they merely treated "differently"? And why does it have to be about women? What about disabled people then? Our society is riddled with inequalities, so fucking what? You think you can just take that part of a human being and throw it outta window because reasons? We will always judge others like we'd judge a book by its cover, that and many other instincts we have developed made sure we are the dominant species today. All the rest should fall to teaching people how to suppress the negative and cultivate the positive, but you can never truly remove it.
>>
>>383957615
>t. someone who discriminates against women
>>
>>383957605
lol
>>
>>383957482
t. nigger
>>
>>383957671
>t. we will reach utopia if we kill enough people and brainwash all that remain
>>
File: CgldEYQU8AA2MPn[2].jpg (34KB, 493x585px) Image search: [Google]
CgldEYQU8AA2MPn[2].jpg
34KB, 493x585px
Writer here.
The problem with "representation = opinion of all members of X group" is that most times the way we write reveals the way we think. Beyond that, most games or media with minority or female characters will have ONLY ONE of those characters.
If a game has several female characters with differing personalities, it'd be unfair to point to one character and claim "the writer is stereotyping all women with this character!"
If the game has one female character it tends to reflect more on the writer's agenda because they have no one to contrast with. You can repeat this for any group not "normal" in the context of the game.
>>
>>383957615

You just brought up women so I jumped off that, but you are correct in your points. It doesn't just have to be women, thats just a broader category. There are all sorts of inequalities or differences in western society

Yes, I think if you have a predisposition towards a person you know absolutely nothing about what so ever and you make a judgement on them simply because of what ever that inequality is you're a fuck ass (general statement, not directed at you specifically)

We don't have to throw our negative and unequal "parts" out the window, we should as a society learn to embrace them and use that diversity to work for a better tomorrow. Sounds like shitty hippy rhetoric but I don't think it's wrong.

Again, I think the issue with certain types of modern activism is that they don't approach the world with a realistic view point. Things don't change overnight, things change overtime, it isn't a single battle, its a constant struggle to push for something better. The best way you can do that is to do so in your life around you daily, if you feel your calling is to try and do more than why not but not everyone can, and you shouldn't be made to feel bad if you aren't a heavy activist.

Activists who belittle neutral non-activists simply for not being activists are shit heads all their own. Everyone fights their own battles
>>
>>383951979
>Ur a white male ;-;
>Defend ur proud heritage
>>
File: 732px-BossI6.png (511KB, 732x600px) Image search: [Google]
732px-BossI6.png
511KB, 732x600px
Post good female characters
>>
>>383952804
Is the logic "we should only have white males"?
>>
>>383958296
You first.
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (10KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.jpg
10KB, 200x303px
>>383958093
>most times the way we write reveals the way we think

You're not a very good writer then. Because while it may be true, it should not be so. A writer must be capable to construct a good story while keeping personal biases away from the work while at the same time drawing upon personal experience to make specific areas more believable, even if you're writing genre fiction. It is difficult, but that is what separates a shit writer from a good one. As for the rest of your post, there are very few games that have ONLY ONE female character. So you're trying to tell all the other games that don't should add a female character just to calm down potentially insane and divorced from reality people that would latch onto it in order to find meaning where there isn't any?
>>
>>383957361
I don't bother with those threads since I'm not really interested in any of those games, but it's probably a reaction to the ruination of their recently-revived waifus. Retroactive analysis, but I guess you could count that as over-analysis.
>>
>>383958271

>be me
>half "white"
>half mexican
>mom is single parent and rather distant from her family so dont feel like i have much of a connection or culture
>dad (mexican) was the odd duck in his family and as a result I never fully learned spanish growing up or felt like I had a strong connection to any type of culture there

Is this what i means to have no cultural identity?
>>
>>383958176
MLK once said the neutral man is worse to the cause of the black man than a racist white man is.
>>
>>383958745
Indeed. He quoted Jesus, at that.
>>
>>383958549
>>383958549
You make your own identity. You can easily choose from at least 2 in the US (state or federal cultural identity) and if you have some ethnicity you could qualify for a third or fourth choice.
>>
File: IMG_2901.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2901.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
>intersectionality in muh vidya

REEEEEEE
>>
>>383958176
>the issue with certain types of modern activism is that they don't approach the world with a realistic view point.

You mean with all of it because most of those activists are actually slacktivists or sheltered people with little to no understanding of how the world works while at the same time holding erroneous beliefs about reality which they could perceive from the comfort of their homes, away from danger, through high definition audio and video. I am also not the person that responded to you originally, but it wasn't difficult to continue from there. Most civilized governments already have laws in place that punish this kind of behavior on a mass scale and averts it from ever becoming the norm. Trying to institute further punishments is insanity and the road to totalitarianism. You should try visiting Eastern Europe and seeing what they have to tell you about wage gaps and equality and then get promptly laughed out of there because everyone is equal there, in suffering.
>>
>>383958519
>Because while it may be true, it should not be so.
So I'm right but I'm wrong? Ok lol.
>A writer must be capable to construct a good story while keeping personal biases away from the work while at the same time drawing upon personal experience to make specific areas more believable, even if you're writing genre fiction. It is difficult, but that is what separates a shit writer from a good one.
Right, but this is under ideal circumstances. All art is political, and videogames are no exception- I guarantee your favorite games have a political/social message they are trying to convey. You're also talking about "keeping personal biases away from the work" in a thread complaining about SJWs so I sense what you really mean is "keep personal biases away from the work that I disagree with" with is disingenuous.
>So you're trying to tell all the other games that don't should add a female character just to calm down potentially insane and divorced from reality people that would latch onto it in order to find meaning where there isn't any?
No, because complete absence of group X means an insufficient sample size for the the player to judge the writer's opinion on group X. I mean, I haven't heard anyone complain Sonic The Hedgehog 1 through S&K are sexist, have you?
>>
>>383952393
Oh that's easy to win the oppression olympics. You then just fire back that you are a pre-op transsexual and how dare they assume your gender.
>>
File: the mask man.png (473KB, 1280x1109px) Image search: [Google]
the mask man.png
473KB, 1280x1109px
>>383956292
>>
>>383958745

I can understand that concept but I don't think people who aren't "active" should be belittled for not being active. Everyone fights their own battles in different ways. There's definitely people out there who don't care and are passive but there's plenty of people who get shit on daily by these "nu-activists" for not getting naked in a park and protesting at 2am. That kind of my way or the high way mentality is trash and that doesn't get anyone to fight for your cause

You can only sit on the fence for so long as you grow up but if its not something you actively think about on the daily then I don't think its something you should get shit for.
>>
>>383952704
because microaggressions
>>
>>383958549

it means you grew up with a shit parent

single moms are an epidemic, try to rise above it anon
>>
>>383959271
>I don't think people who aren't "active" should be belittled for not being active. Everyone fights their own battles in different ways.
That wasn't really MLK's point.
>I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."
He pretty much means it's worse to be some annoying "both sides are flawed" fencesitter over someone who's actually supportive of the cause.
>>
>>383959089
Writer's opinion in videogames shouldn't matter, first and foremost. Second, the topic of the thread has little bearing on the implications of what I am saying and you can imagine me being "disingenuous" or devoid of integrity all you like, it's not going to make it a reality or have you win the argument. Ideal circumstance is the circumstance a good writer strives towards. And not all art is political, but that statement alone pretty much makes it so that you can dismiss all the remaining word salad you spewed out, because it is the apex of generalizing idiocy.
>>
>>383959271
>you can't simply enjoy things for the way they are and have to live in a constant struggle, being unhappy and angry about something, just because I said so
fuck off millenial
>>
>>383959089
>I guarantee your favorite games have a political/social message they are trying to convey

That war is a senseless waste of lives and resources? Because the media crucified that game. Or you could just ignore that message and just have fun. Maybe that's what everyone was so upset about?
>>
>>383959047

>You mean with all of it because most of these
You contradicted yourself but I get what you are going for

Sure, I don't consider myself a "man of the world" by anymeans. I've traveled around the US a lot and I've been to visit the part of my family who lives in Mexico so I've been exposed to mildly different view points but I'm always willing to learn.

I understand that in America things "in general" are better than many other countries but there's plenty wrong, and I'm not foolish enough to think America's is the only view point that matters.

I'm thankful to have lived a rather comfortable life up to this point despite my upbringing but I'm not foolish enough to think the world is sunshine and rainbows.
>>
White males are bigger victim complexers than white women or most minorities

>Dey oppressing us men by having the right to say what they want and publish opinion pieces
>I am being discriminated against cuz the government won't step in an commit trannies ;-;
>We wuz Roman emperor's n sheet
>>
File: Curious is the trapmakers's art.png (121KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
Curious is the trapmakers's art.png
121KB, 553x585px
>>383959629
>>
>>383957050
Yeah, and there's a lot of ways that society discriminates against men. For example, the government reserves the right to enslave men and force them to perform extremely dangerous, mentally traumatizing labor. A lot of people are alive right now who were alive the last time the government exercised that power.

Yet somehow the ways society mistreats men gets swept under the rug.
>>
>>383955939
Still, I feel conflicted. They should be allowed to complain, but they shouldn't be allowed to strongarm companies into complying with them unless it's with their wallets.
>>
>>383959369

I do hope you are referring to my pops because my mom did ok for the both of us. I try every day, already finishing my masters degree

>>383959427
Perhaps I should consider my views then, I tend to be a pretty anti conflict person but this could be on all sides.

>>383959439

I don't think you read my post right. What even is a millenial? I was born in 1990, which puts me at 27. Is that a millenial?
>>
>>383956482
>.com
>>
>>383955978
This is something I never understood about this meme. Why is social justice bad? Should we be working toward a world where injustice is the rule of law?
>>
File: Curly is best female.png (2MB, 2180x1532px) Image search: [Google]
Curly is best female.png
2MB, 2180x1532px
I hold the view that women in video games should be seen and not heard. Do you know why? Because I hold the same view for men. I hold that view because I don't like video games that want to be movies, they think they need to have deep character development. And that's what's killing the medium above everything else. We don't want to make good video games anymore, we just want to jerk off our desire to become hollywood 2.0, no matter how bad that would be for all of us.

For reference, this is how I'd describe a good and bad female character, with examples.
>>
File: 1495378800135.jpg (313KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1495378800135.jpg
313KB, 850x1201px
>all of the well written, empowered females who are empowered because of their actual personalities and characterization instead of just being a woman come from Japan
>>
>>383960028
Social justice is the rule of the mob, not rule of the law. It's the rule of society, not the government. It's the rule of "my feelings" and not "criminal responsibility".
>>
>>383959429
>Ideal circumstance is the circumstance a good writer strives towards.
I mean, Tom Sawyer would have been very different had it been equally sympathetic to Injun Joe.
>>
File: 1741810-standard_2d_hi_res.jpg (2MB, 1314x1866px) Image search: [Google]
1741810-standard_2d_hi_res.jpg
2MB, 1314x1866px
>boring characters do not sell video games
>>
>>383960120
>Social justice is the rule of the mob, not rule of the law.
are you still upset about gay marriage
>>
>>383958176
Honestly modern right wing activism is the most unrealistic
>>
>>383960149
Please. You know what I meant with that.
>>
>>383959727
>Being lazy and needing a safe space
Sad
>>
>>383960240
No, I am upset about countless people whose lives were put in danger or ruined by false accusations and oppression by mobs of rabid monkeys.
>>
>>383959816
It's very hard to sell to anyone with life experience that white males face hardship equal to and at the same rate as say, a Muslim woman walking around in a hijab
>>
>>383960089
What the actual fuck is wrong with people and their hatred for sorceress? She's done literally nothing wrong.

Fuck, she's literally everything on the right side except she has big stylistic funbags. She's pure as all hell too.
>>
File: Kek and lel.jpg (24KB, 506x513px) Image search: [Google]
Kek and lel.jpg
24KB, 506x513px
>>383960354
>if I reach far enough and repeat it enough, it will become true

Insanity.
>>
>>383960028
Social justice is bad because it is neither social, nor just. As an actual political entity, it is a horribly biased, destructive group that periodically shoots itself in the foot because it can't be bothered put down the propaganda long enough to figure out what policies will actually help their constituents.
>>
>>383960028
Same reason National Socialism is bad, aside from Socialism just being bad in general.

Everything that the group did or was accused of doing, fuck off /pol/ you know what I mean comes to represent the group as a whole.
>>
>>383960120
So was that a yes?
>>
File: 1467075127660.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467075127660.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>383951979
>boring characters do not sell video games
>>
File: 1472260621395 (1).png (2MB, 1200x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1472260621395 (1).png
2MB, 1200x1944px
>>383960089
Shut.
The fuck.
Up.
>>
>>383960542
Social justice is good. Unless you legitimately think equality and civil rights are a net negative. The negative was people being obnoxious, not the idea of liberty.
>>
File: 1480456917104.png (309KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480456917104.png
309KB, 640x480px
>>383958296
>>
>>383960465
Why should it be equal. Isn't the goal to reduce all hardship or it's important only if someone suffers more? How about you start with those closest to you instead of talking about muslim women you'll never meet, interact with or talk to? You can of course sell your possessions and march to the middle east like a new age Godfrey of Bouillon and act as a humanitarian there, that is until they decide you're empowering them a bit too much and you end up riddled with bullets or decapitated.
>>
>>383960354
Hopefully soon we can live in separate, peaceful countries.
>>
>>383960568
So the framers we're wrong and the bill of rights was the wrong call?
>>
>>383960089
You are, no joke, an actual mysoginist that feels threatened by any kind of femininity you see in a character and ascribe it to them "bein' slutz".

Also, legit delusional. Seek help.
>>
>>383960802
who and/or what now
>>
>>383960735
>literally replaced by a tool in the sequel

Shows you how good she actuallly was.
>>
>>383960780
But I will meet as I am not a retarded living in fly over country, and I am intelligent to understand if others lose rights I may lose mine. Stop being such a childish nihilist
>>
>>383960569
It means it's shit and will undo any society if it supplants true justice that is as impartial as humanly possible and aims to protect the interests of the citizens of the country first and foremost.
>>
>>383960478
>>383960804
My problem is that characters like the sorceress aren't made to be fun videogamey characters. They're made to be fap fuel just because. If you took her and the rest of the women out of dragon's Crown, nobody would talk about it. We wouldn't have a single thread on it. The game was only own, and only survived, because people wanted to jerk off to the characters. Don't believe me? Go into any dragon's crown thread and show me that they discussed gameplay instead of just posting porn.
>>
File: 1479762525555.jpg (122KB, 850x988px) Image search: [Google]
1479762525555.jpg
122KB, 850x988px
>>383960574
i like all the lesbians and assumed lesbians

i can fap to this
>>
>>383960798
Well since the right wing Utopia seems to be a fascist dictatorship of some sort that forsakes any American ideal, I feel like it would be a very short lived country
>>
>>383960882
Yeah but she's cute and that's all that matters.
>>
>>383960465
>face hardship equal to and at the same rate as say, a Muslim woman walking around in a hijab
So? That somehow makes literal slavery okay? 7 years shorter life expectancy okay? 75% of the homeless being men? 90% of workplace deaths being men? Explicit gender bias in domestic violence laws, despite women being just as likely to commit domestic violence, to the point that if a woman stabs her husband and he calls the cops he gets arrested? Men being called pedophiles, and having cops called on them, for being near children, punishing them from raising their kids? That men face higher rates of mental health problems, including 3 times higher suicide rate?
>>
File: whitey.png (237KB, 700x925px) Image search: [Google]
whitey.png
237KB, 700x925px
Are the weak-chinned white beta males upstarting again?
>>
>>383960927
I disagree, Sorceress's tits flopping was comical.
>>
>>383960969
>Fascist
>right wing
Oh boy, go read up on your history.
>>
>>383960969
You sound incompetent.
>>
>>383958549
>reading comprehension
>american education
>>
>>383960883
What I said had nothing to do with nihilism and your claim about supposed intelligence rings hollow if you gained such an impression from my post. I suggested that you "start with your own house" so to speak, because muslim women in first world countries do not face hardship of any kind they wouldn't face in their home countries since they tend to move in along with muslim men that still follow the tenets of their desert death cults and societal norms taught there.
>>
>>383960861
Social justice inherently refers to such thing as civil rights, protections for citizen, equal protection etc. Your country is based off social justice. Literally one of the main factors the drove immigrants to America in the late 19th early 20th century was social injustice at home.
>>
>>383960927
Except the game is fun as fuck and a lot of people played as dwarf. Are you stupid? EVERY GAME WITH WOMEN has people talking about the female character because this is fucking 4chan. That doesn't mean fuck all at the end of the day. Every semi-attractive female is considered fap fuel. LOOK WHERE YOU ARE.
Actually better yet, fucking kill yourself.

>>383961060
I loved making her run just because of how silly it looked. Just like Amazon's bubble butt.
>>
>>383960892
So yes, civil rights and equal protection and the Constitution are shit.
>>
>>383961135
You're assuming a lot of things here, bud.
>>
>>383961161
>semi-attractive female

You know damn well it doesn't stop there.
>>
>>383961065
Fascism is a right wing ideology. You are retarded. Have a (you)
>>
>>383961289
I like to have some things keep me sane and convincing myself people didn't find shit like Sara Ryder attractive eventually makes me feel a lot better in the end.

But yes, even fucking ugly bitches get that treatment.
>>
>>383961218
What's being assumed?
>>
>>383961210
The meaning of "social justice" has been supplanted as well and a different breed of people champion a different cause that is just called the same way now. Exactly what I have described happened to the movement and now they're also going after vocabularies and education.
>>
>>383961131
>t. /pol/tard who has never left his basement will tell you injustice is good because it upsets libralz
>>
>>383960681
Equality and civil rights is great, fighting "man-spreading" and "the lack of female CEOs in fortune 500 companies" is not. When Social Justice decides it wants to get back to actually advocating for equality, and not just spew bias from their armchairs, I'll listen.
>>
>>383961292
You should read Mussolini's autobiography.

>>383961391
That I'm American.
>>
>>383961131
>Home country
Anon, I know this may frighten you but Muslims can and often are born in the west thus making said western country their home country
>>
File: 1394233782815.jpg (26KB, 595x569px) Image search: [Google]
1394233782815.jpg
26KB, 595x569px
Women have ruined video games. The second Anita noticed what all the hubbub over video games was, she latched on. Like a leech. Flies flock to the apple orchard in droves
>>
>>383961545
And muslims there face no hardship, your point being? As long as they don't explode that is.
>>
File: 1357.gif (2MB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
1357.gif
2MB, 400x262px
>>383961545
>being born in a country means that's your nationality
>>
>Ctrl-F "Yahtzee", "Zero Punctuation" and (the)"escapist"
>0 results
Good job arguing about the summary of a 8 year old "review" by an Australian shitposter
145 posts and only 49 posters
>>
>>383961060
>I love looking at running animations to distract me from the terrible gameplay

That's all I'm hearing.

>>383961161
>Except the game is fun as fuck and a lot of people played as dwarf.
I'm afraid I have to disagree.

>EVERY GAME WITH WOMEN has people talking about the female character because this is fucking 4chan
this wouldn't be a problem if porn didn't dominate every single discussion.
>>
>>383961698
>sends him to lgbt
>doesnt realize the reddit spacing
(You)
>>
>>383961441
>The the far right bltry to argue that the left are both fascists and pussies who will let the country be culturally marxed by degenerates
The left is so well known for their viscous nationalism, afterall
>>
>>383962015
It's weird new folk think that's some kinda reddit thing. People have bloated their posts with spacing for attention ever since the dawn of the website, but of course, you might have known that if you came here before 2016.
>>
>>383962009
>I'm afraid I have to disagree.
Considering you enjoy TF2 and Terraira, your opinion means jack shit.
>>
>>383962105
It is known for its socialism, though. Which both Mussolini and Hitler were ardent supporters of. Somehow that always gets swept under the rug, though.
>>
>>383961770
Yes, it does. Are you retarded intentionally?
>>
>>383962142
>two games overwhelmingly praised for their good gameplay
Whatever did anon mean by this?
>>
>>383961639
But that is clearly wrong?
>>
>>383952704
Because women are retarded and incapable of preventing themselves from self-inserting
>>
>>383962226
TF2 is overwhelmingly known as a hat collecting autism containment zone along with Minecraft and Terraria is just Minecraft in 2D. Neither game even has good gameplay (especially Terraira since its combat is total shit and entirely based around gear).
>>
>>383962302
bro if you even look at a muslim wrong in the west you'll get ostracized by everyone at this point
>>
>>383962415
That's why our President of the USA created a Muslim ban and still holds office, right?
>>
>>383962371
Not him, don't even care about your conversation, but you are too susceptible to memes anon. They are good games.
>>
>>383962523
You of all people should know that privilege is a thing.
>>
>>383962538
I've obviously played and enjoyed both to some extent, I just find it funny that they are ACfag's favorite games when the gameplay isn't even that great or exceptional in anyway in either.
>>
>>383962523
le ban meme
>Constitution allows him to do so
>Selected countries by Obama
>Go agaisnt constitution and stop the president
>>
>>383962634
>ACfag plays Overwatch
Shit now I can't fap to the lesbians anymore.

Thanks asshole.
>>
>>383962523
Except it's not a Muslim ban, it's a ban on a specific set of countries where there is significant violent, anti-America terrorist presence. There are other majority-Muslim countries that aren't banned.

If it were actually a Muslim ban it woulda gotten shut down the by supreme court on freedom of religion grounds.
>>
>>383962523
It wasn't a muslim ban though, it was a ban that concerned only specific countries due to instability there and dominance of radical movements. Muslims from anywhere else can and do come to US and face no additional hardship. Your disregard for reality, uninformed opinions and overall ignorance of the true state of affairs is showing pretty blatantly right now.
>>
>>383951979
Isn't that Fluttershy basically?
>>
>>383962371
>TF2 is overwhelmingly known as a hat collecting autism containment zone
>Terraria is just autismcraft 2D
>neither game has good gameplay
Are you just saying this because they don't have women to masturbate to?
>>
>>383962523
nice b8 m8
>>
>>383962142
He doesn't actually play TF2. He plays a "campaign" mod for the game.
ACfag is a hypocrite who hates multiplayer because reasons.
>>
>>383954561
People bashed him for bringing up penis sizes during the debates.
>>
>>383962997
Actually, that was his political opponents.
>>
>>383962997
send a vid or fake news
Is it funny?
>>
>>383960669
>hol' up there was a Raiden V
>look it up
>XBONE exclusive
what the fuck why
>>
>>383962995
Multiplayer is a drag because eventually the game dies off, and without a good singleplayer, you never have a reason to even revisit it afterward.

I loved playing TF2 in its prime. Then guess what happened. Go on, guess.
>>
>>383960218
He barely speaks. More of a projection for you than anything else. If anything what 343 is trying to do is ruining his character.
>>
>>383962719
ACfag hates Overwatch because, I'm not even joking here, the fact that it has cinematic trailers for it means the gameplay is "compromised". He also hates multiplayer and has a stick up his ass regarding "esports".
>>
>>383962958
No, I'm saying that because Terraria weapons all have the same swing animation and enemies are RPG hitsponges. Its an alright game but the gameplay is pretty bad, its mostly for building shit like an autist.
>>
>>383954786
Heaven's Lost Property satirized that concept and it lead to the best harem MC IMO.
>>
>>383963178
So I can fap to it then? Sweet.
>>
>>383963183
>No, I'm saying that because Terraria weapons all have the same swing animation
Because there's no such thing as a stabbing weapon? Or a summon weapon? Or arcane attacks? Or guns, bows, traps, and a hundred weapon archetypes?

You've never even touched the game, have you?
>>
>>383956392
Capitalism is the most equal and open system there is though. Literally anybody regardless of gender or race can make it in the big leagues if they get up off their ass and try hard enough. There is no "some will always have less" because they CAN have more if they try and innovate. Problem is that the welfare state gives people incentive to sit on their asses doing nothing, and the people supporting the state push out propaganda urging them to rely on it more and more and just blame whitey for their financial retardation and years wasted on their gender studies degree.
>>
>>383963123
>Then guess what happened. Go on, guess.
Only when the game is bad.
Quake III Arena still has an audience that at this point consists entirely of the sort of turbo-autists you'd actually fit in with.
>>
>>383963303
Other than the stabbing weapons (useless shit) its all the same thing but with different visual effects. Same thing with guns and bows.
>>
>>383963428
>Quake III Arena still has an audience that at this point consists entirely of the sort of turbo-autists you'd actually fit in with.
So now you're calling Quake bad? You're crossing a line here.
>>
>>383951979
In fact MLP pulls this shit a lot. Hell Star Vs. does it too.
>>
>>383963513
>Other than the stabbing weapons (useless shit)
>I've never used a high tier lance with a dragoon class spec

That's nice sweetheart.
>>
>>383961389
There are Aloy fap threads on /v/.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>383962997
that was rubio who brought it up first, though.
>>
>>383963303
>You've never even touched the game, have you?
Could you blame him? The game is dogshit. Anyone who avoids it has made the right call.
>>
>>383962105
Who was Stalin?
Nationalism isn't unique to either side of the political line. Marxists have used that to distance themselves from National Socialism though.
>>
>>383963551
Re-read my post. Quake III still has players because it's good, compared to the majority of interchangeable military shooters on the market. And the players it has are the among the best in the video gaming world.
Both the game and its audience would make it right up the alley of a "true hardcore gamer" like ACfag, as much of a horrible human being he is.
>>
>>383951979
Woah...the feminists are ruining my video games....deep...
>>
Men being the base of humanity and women being relegated (or privileged with, if you're the kind of person that thinks that way) to some over the top models has been an issue since fucking forever, and the point hasn't exactly come from feminism (even if the theory is there), but from criticism of web comics, even. Remember the "girl" character? That's the goddamn issue!
>>
>>383963995
>Quake III Arena still has an audience that at this point consists entirely of the sort of turbo-autists you'd actually fit in with.
>And the players it has are the among the best in the video gaming world.
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or not.

>>383963895
>Could you blame him? The game is dogshit.
About 30 million people disagree with you.
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
>>383964519
>ACfag unironically making an argument ad populum argument.
Careful there now.
>>
File: 1436147180405.jpg (53KB, 911x877px) Image search: [Google]
1436147180405.jpg
53KB, 911x877px
>>383964826
I thought going against the popular narrative was a bad thing. If alot of people like it, it has to be good, right? Just like Dragon's Crown, which is the argument you used.
>>
>>383958979
The fuck is that?
>>
>>383954537
Who then proceeds to shit on 50 gorillion well trained hired mercs
>>
>>383964903
Popularized, not popular. Marketing can go fuck itself into space.
>>
>>383960969
Funny how the US is the most conservative 1st world nation by far.
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.