[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A game that delights in taking control away from the player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: The-Order-Kathless-Thumbnail.jpg (150KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
The-Order-Kathless-Thumbnail.jpg
150KB, 800x800px
>A game that delights in taking control away from the player happens to be the best game ever made.
>>
>this one autist on /v/ that keeps making these shitty Order 1886 threads

>>>/tv/
>>
>>383930353
>The autists on /v/ that don't know shit about what makes a video game good.

Sober the fuck up. 1886 is incredible.
>>
In the same way that any animated film is 'incredible'.
>>
>>383930353
I noticed there are shitposting sprees about irrelevant shitty games a week or two before an announcement of a sequel or something.
>>
Nothing sums up this game better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0zJ89Fv8c
>>
>>383930228
What are some other good animated movies?
>>
>>383931529
I'm OP and I've fully fucking accepted I'm never getting a sequel. Never ever. If I somehow do, it won't be in the spirit of the original.
>>
>>383931493
Retards don't genuinely think it's a QTE game do they?
>>
>>383931529
Doesn't matter if it's good publicity, it's publicity. The thread remaining on topic is the only issue, derail the thread and shit shrivels up, eventually OP's either give up or the threads get nothing.
>>
>>383931843
Are you seriously trying to justify derailing legit vidya discussion? You should be banned for that.
>>
>>383930924
okay mr.baiter, how is it incredible?
>>
The devs literally said they wanted to make a movie and were stuck with a game.
>>
File: 919slxu9AvL[1].jpg (723KB, 1520x1914px) Image search: [Google]
919slxu9AvL[1].jpg
723KB, 1520x1914px
>its a "devs think they can write a good story so they just use the most generic gameplay mechanics possible to call it a game and try to sell it to people" episode
>>
>>383931959
didn't say anything about changing the subject, just the topic.
>>
>>383932087
Source?
>>
File: Gladiator_Begins_US_Cover.jpg (69KB, 303x521px) Image search: [Google]
Gladiator_Begins_US_Cover.jpg
69KB, 303x521px
>>383932093
leave roman games to me
>>
>>383931965
Everything about the game is quality. The attention to detail is fucking insane. The story alone makes the game worth multiple playthroughs, but they aced the shooting mechanics as well. Enemies will cry out that you got a ______ gun. Blood spraying out of an enemy's severed head, arm, or leg has never looked better. The transition from gameplay to cutscene is the smoothest of any game. Your weapons and clothing are consistent in ever cutscene. The graphics are the best ever. The weapons all look and feel amazing. They make extremely satisfying sounds. The acting is the best ever. I swear, every character sounds real. It's insane.
>>
File: aaaahi.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
aaaahi.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>the best game ever made
>The Order 1886
who are you quoting op? yourself?
because it's the stupidest thing i ever heard
>>
>>383932160
>“I think story and visuals are very high. Gameplay is something that… it’s a game, we make games, we can’t get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it’s what we start with. It’s at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that. I think it’d be more challenging to make a game for the gameplay’s sake, then try to make a story that fits in there.”

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/31/the-order-1886-graphics-over-gameplay/86901/
>>
>>383932530
Literally the only thing not 100% excellent about the game is the four or five werewolf fights. They're too formulaic. Yet look at every other game that's got close to 100 on Metacritic. They all have more flaws than The Order. You might not like immersive, cinematic gameplay — that's fine — but The Order bleeds excellence. Almost everything about it is absolutely fucking perfect.
>>
>>383932832
Just fyi that's paste bait.
>>
>>383932723
WOW

IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

They crafted the best story ever told in a game. That's literally their only fucking crime? Come on.
>>
>>383932941
It's not. I just fucking typed it you retard.
>>
>>383932942
>They crafted the best story ever told in a game.
nah
>>
>>383933104
Name a game that's got a better story. Name one fucking game, lol. Give me a good laugh. The Order's acting alone already makes it better than every other game in the story department.
>>
R.I.P. MY THREAD

I FUCKING HATE THIS WORLD

GIVE ME MY SEQUEL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383932530
so behind the shallow gameplay is a cutscene fest that looks and sounds good. Nice job with the baiting I guess.
>>
>>383934164
>Shallow gameplay.

The gameplay is solid as fuck but not revolutionary. So what? Grand Theft Auto IV is a 98 on Metacritic. Breath of the Wild is 97. The Order has better combat that's LEAGUES better than IV's. I've heard Breath's combat is its weakest aspect.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.