[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on my cool dark souls drawing /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2912.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2912.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
thoughts on my cool dark souls drawing /v/?
>>
It looks good, but why does it say "praise the fucking sun"? That has nothing to do with the image other than being from the same series and it seems like you're just memeing
>>
Pretty much just copied from the cover, and even then you fucked up the hands. Where's his leg going? I don't know if you were going for hatching but it looks like fucking scribbles. Maybe try something other than a goddamn ballpoint pen. Also sweet super unique signature, I'm sure you'll be a great artist some day and everyone will instantly recognize who you are.

Also stop posting stuff from reddit you whore
>>
>>383759936
Drawing with a shitty ballpoint pen is patrician taste actually
>>
>>383760016
It is if it's done well, just scribbling ink all over the page makes it look like a notebook doodle. It's not something a beginner should start with, which the artist clearly is.
>>
>>383759538
Try posting it on Reddit for better results
>>
>>383759538
asian monkey and their profanity
>>
File: 1425882158644.png (195KB, 446x365px) Image search: [Google]
1425882158644.png
195KB, 446x365px
>>383759538
>All those hairy lines
>Inconsistent crosshatching (Some of it not even taking form into account)
>A fucking signature
>Crosshatching in areas where you had no idea how to illustrate the armor/cloth's texture
>Those fucking clouds
>"praise the fucking sun"

The right arm and upper torso besides, it's very shit. I suggest you hop on over to drawabox and get yourself some Staedtler pens and start at lesson 1 to help with your line control. But honestly,
>"praise the fucking sun

Jesus christ
>>
>>383759538
>all the nitpickers
It's alright. Better than what I could do probably, but no great achievement either. Keep trying anon
>>
>>383759538
nice doodle, shit meme
>>>/i/
>>
>>383760471
It's still full of amateur mistakes that he could easily do away with if someone points out the flaws instead of kissing his ass like your post accomplishes. It's nice to work in pen, but there's a lot of shit to improve on before trying this again.
Form and construction are pretty great so far, though.

>>383760538
>>>>/i/
Trot off
>>
>>383760538
>>383760754
Why do boards like this still exist
>>
>>383761214
/i/ has great purpose unlike most boards that only exist as containment boards, in particular, it's great for linking to NSFW doodles for blue boards. Decent integrated art program as well.
>>
Upvote my friend. Can I save this image?
>>
pretty much traced/10
>>
>>383761493
>Thick ass moleskin paper
>Traced
>>
>>383761670
technically correct, but a lot of artist use the word tracing to mean copying as well
>>
>>383759538
Nice try, needs refining but I like your Line technique
>>
>>383762041
Eye tracing is still a difficult technique to pull of properly regarding construction, form, and the overall perspective. Made even more difficult using pen, although ballpoint can be put on lightly. The main subject of OP's pic, being the knight, is pretty good besides the right leg, sword's tip, and left hand. Not everyone can just copy an image onto a paper like that and have things line up like the source material, doubly so if it's in pen.
>>
>>383759538
ruined by the meme that doesn't even relate to the character
>>
>>383762462
Praise the sun quickly became a new 'the cake is a lie' with how often people spout it out of context. Made worse by the fact the devs and western reps did it too. It's disheartening.
>>
>>383759538
scan it, then post it on steam artworks for all the likes
>>
>>383763391
I'm sure you can just post this and people will think its your OC
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.