[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it real or just my final fantasy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: FF8.png (283KB, 650x529px) Image search: [Google]
FF8.png
283KB, 650x529px
Was it real or just my final fantasy thread
>>
Threadly rwminder that Squall died at the end of disc one. He is not seen in the final credit fmv.
>>
File: Selphie.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Selphie.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Selphie is best girl
>>
>>382183123

Hahaha what the fuck is that hair ahahaha
>>
Never played a FF game. Tell me which one to buy.
>>
>>382183271
>>>/out/
>>
>>382183123
I don't think they had any particular reason for adding Selphie to the game outside of giving her probably the best pair of legs in the franchise.

>>382183415
Can't go wrong with V
>>
>>382183415
VI, VII, or IX
>>
>>382183562
I only hated irvine
>>
>>382183415
Start with IX. End with IX
>>
>>382183796
Didnt he not even have a back story whatso ever?
>>
>>382183562
>>382183692
This is why I've never played one. So many different opinions and then I read reviews about a bad port or unreliable SE servers that you have to connect to in order to play. VII is probably what I see recommended most often, though.
>>
File: 1388382322157.jpg (98KB, 775x695px) Image search: [Google]
1388382322157.jpg
98KB, 775x695px
>>382183796
I greatly enjoyed watching him trying to act like the cool and collected gunslinger only to get kicked down a flight of stairs by Rinoa for his troubles during the prison escape
>>
This is the worst FF nex to 12, 13 and 15.
>>
>>382184029
8 had the best open world, best final dungeon, and best minigames
>>
>>382184278
>best open world
i agree.
>best final dungeon
VI was better imo but i still liked VIII's
>best minigames
SHIT NIGGER YOU DIDNT LIKE VII'S SNOWBOARDING
just kidding TT was tits as all hell
>>
>>382183956
The truth is, and someone has probably already told you this, that all games bar direct sequels are standalone entries that don't connect with anything else outside of some very obscure background lore sometimes, so you can quite literally start with almost anything and it's outright futile to ask for opinions unless you offer some complementary information such as "I want a serious story", "I want a more lighthearted one", "I want deep customization", "I want characters with gameplay identity", etc. etc. Even the really old ones, like I, II and III, have had multiple re-releases and graphical updates over the years. Ultimately I recommend you to pick any one of the ones between I and X as your first one, except for II or VIII, which are very experimental in gameplay and/or storywise and are not good representatives for what the other games are like. Which only leaves you with asking what version of a particular game you should play, at which point I point you here
https://pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn
>>
>>382184278

World was barren for the most part. Majority of it is not traversal, and half of it is just rocks. Final dungeon was okay, triple triad is good. Game is pretty shitty otherwise.
>>
>>382184029
>II exists
>>
>>382184707

2's hate is mostly parroting, it's nowhere near as bad as those entries.
>>
>>382182970
I used to think this was bullshit until I realized there was zero explination of how Squall got impaled and woke up unharmed in a weird ass prison.
>>
>take in children as soldiers
>have them junction GF to be both stronger in battle and mentally addled
This is some african warlord shit from Cid, get the kids high all the time until they're full blown killing machines.
>>
>>382184796
Forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't touched VIII in years, but I feel like 2's just a bit worse because it has horrible combat imbalance on top of a horribly bland story. 2 has a really bad habit of fights either being a curbstomp (in your favor or not) with how much you've grinded. Having an in-between is important.
>>
>>382185205

Better than level scaling.
>>
>>382184670
This is incredibly helpful. Thanks
>>
>>382183123
Not even best girl in her own series.
>>
>>382185247
If you honestly think level scaling is a huge problem go to the starting area once you near the end of the game, you fucked up if you aren't stomping bugs into oblivion
>>
>>382184796
2 was pretty bad dude.
Good luck leveling magic in it other than cure spells. Have fun whacking enemies with one type of weapon over and over again to level even one type of weapon.
>>
File: Balamb_Garden_Area_4.jpg (41KB, 350x361px) Image search: [Google]
Balamb_Garden_Area_4.jpg
41KB, 350x361px
There's still time to be happy, /v/..

You know what you have to do
>>
>>382185085
The queen healed him cause they had to find out what these child soldiers knew
>>
File: PSD3D103.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
PSD3D103.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
Here is food for thought for people taking Squall is dead seriously:

When Edea spears Squall through the chest she deliberately hits him in the right side(see pic), this is to keep him alive, left chest = dead, center = risking hitting his heart or cutting off trachea. Now at the time Edea is being possessed by Ultimecia who in turn knows about the prophesy of "legendary SeeDs" from past killing her. But she doesn't know which SeeD's. Because of this "Edeamecia" wants to interrogate Squall to find out more about SeeD and the Garden. She needs to find the people who will stop her reign as Sorceress and kill them. Squall and co. are purposely imprisoned kept alive for this. The reason why they interrogate Squall instead of Quistis or Zell is because the interrogation is done by Seifer as "Edeamecia" is busy organizing the missile strikes against the Gardens. Seifer in turn has a grudge against Squall and personally wants to interrogate him because of this. Also Seifer clearly says that he wanted to start with Squall because he "liked" him so much. This is why Squall's life is spared and why he is interrogated by Seifer.

Also why there even is a reason to explain why Squall's wound is healed as it's made by the most adept magic user in order to incapacitate Squall and not kill him. How does that work? It's magic. How was he healed? It's magic. Magic in a FANTASY game in a world where we have curative spells, Phoenix Downs and stuff like that completely healing those wounds is perfectly reasonable. Also as for the actual wound he doesn't look at his bare chest either, so it could be possible that he does have a scar, it's also possible that whatever means used to heal him didn't leave a scar. The thing is we never get to see if there is a scar in there.
>>
>>382185724
Is it possible to visit Balamb Garden part time?
>>
>>382185872
One more thing you might want to add, Seifer is former garden so he knows the leader of the mission is either Squall or Quistis and they would have more information.
>>
does anyone know what the hell time compression actually was?
>>
>>382187170
A spell crushing all of time together into a single instant somehow, which needed two anchors: One at the end of time, and one far in the past.
What the hell is was for? Good question
>>
>>382187170
A spot created that combined all of time and space so ultemicia could manipulate it to how she could see fit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jho-peCAKs
>>
>>382183562
This. She may as well not have existed but them legs and day skirt
>>
>tfw no Final Fantasy Total War game with Shinra and Galbadia squaring off against one another
Soothe my autism already, Square Enix.
>>
>>382182683
Last final fantasy
>>
>>382184694
Triple triad was so good it got it's own stand alone release. RIP playonline
>>
>>382185724
>There'll never be two or three discs dedicated to a comfy slice of life in Balamb Garden doing classes, eating hot dogs and learning magic.
Why even live? They could've fleshed it out so much but the whole "start the game during final exams" sucks
>>
8 has such a cozy atmosphere in the first disk. Being a student in a basically Harry Potter utopian school for mercenaries instead of wizards with that comfy music still stands out to me when I think of rpgs. The high stakes training mission and getting your first assignment were awesome. I think it starts to lose its magic as the story keeps tripping over itself and making Rinoa, a walking stereotype of the jrpg tomboy princess trope, the centerpiece of the story sucked, but it has some great moments. When you finally return to the garden and escape the missiles was great, as well as flying the airship for the first time (even though the circumstances in obtaining it are retarded).

It has a lot of imperfections and I can see why it's disliked, but I am really glad I played it as a kid and can look back at it with nostalgia. And it has a top 3 ost in the series without debate
>>
>>382190271
This. Especially the first two discs the atmosphere and world building was great. I agree.
>Running away from that robot in the exam
>Graduation
>First mission
>Breaking out of prison
>Finally get home and Garden it's in chaos
>The battle with galabadia garden
The game is awesome for me right up until you get the spaceship then it kind of loses its charm. Also...
>Graduate mercenary school
>Do one mission
>Get promoted to head master a week later
Kind of ours me off a bit
>>
>>382190728
Ours*
Meant to write "puts"
>>
>>382190728
My biggest problems with the story was "wow we were all in the same orphanage"
>>
File: 1489696720736.jpg (180KB, 850x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1489696720736.jpg
180KB, 850x1258px
>>382185370
>bland doormat who was only relevant when being treated like shit by Squall

Yeah, nah.
>>
God, I love VIII.

It has such a unique tone and atmosphere. Some of the most memorable imagery and moments in the series.

Would love a remake with some tweaks to junctioning, just to make it a bit more balanced. I actually do think junctioning is really neat, but you have to understand it fully enough while also having a high level of self-control to know how far you can go without breaking the game completely.
>>
File: 1470286718602.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470286718602.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>382183123
>Selphie

Not picking Quistis. She uses a goddamn whip...that's so hot.
>>
>>382193816
The junctioning system allows for a lot of cutsomization but I don't think people take the time to learn it
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.