[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switching from Console to PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: cvspc.png (60KB, 1504x810px) Image search: [Google]
cvspc.png
60KB, 1504x810px
Hi Guys!

Currently im thinking about switching from my Xbox One to a "Console Killer" PC.

Im not playing very often but i got the feeling that i would be more flexible with a little gaming pc.
Most of the time im playing single player games for example Elite Dangerous but i also want to play survival games like the forest or vestige of the past.

Do you think a little console killer pc that can run games on 1080p with high/ultra settings would be right thing for me?
What hardware should i get?
>>
I only use my pc for rts, tbs and emulators
>>
>>381533316
i7-7700 (You need an i7 for RPCS3)
GTX 1060 (AMD cards are overpriced right now because of mining)
16 GiB RAM
>>
Computers are for work, consoles are for play.

PC gaming is a meme
>>
>>381533683
Where did games start?
>>
>>381533880
Oscilloscopes
>>
>>381533316
>>381533880

You're doing fine. As of right now there's nothing worth getting on XBone. There are thousands of games on PC: old, new, indie-shit, AAA hyped garbage (that you may secretly enjoy), emulated games, etc. Really, get what you find interesting.
>>
>>381533316
Start smaller (around consoler price range), look for (or make your own) powerful build on PCPartPicker, and upgrade as you wish.
Don't go overkill on a first build so that you don't waste your money on a powerful machine that doesn't use all of its power.
>>
File: pc gaming starter pack.jpg (461KB, 1501x1096px) Image search: [Google]
pc gaming starter pack.jpg
461KB, 1501x1096px
>>
>>381533316
Consoles are PC killers in actuality.
>>
>>381534849
My brother has that mouse. It's not very good. It always feels more sluggish than my g500s.
>>
>>381533316
It's both the worst time and the best time to switch to PC. Worst because PC gaming is dead man walking, unless you're into competitive multiplayer. Best because gaming as a whole is dead man walking too and new consoles just don't have much of anything worthwhile, so you might as well get a good PC to emulate the old consoles.

You're going to end up regretting getting a powerful PC though. It's a luxury thing, and absolutely never "worth it". That being said, high fps and the best graphics and mods and backwards compatibility forever are very, very nice things. However if you want to play good games for reasonable price, rather get some old console and used games for it instead.
>>
>>381534849
What's the red thing on the left?
>>
>>381535372
A """"gamer"""" router
>>
>>381535372
A router with 6 wifi antennas
>>
>>381535465
>>381535494
Oh right

EPIC!!
>>
>>381533665
>i7
good goy
>>
File: 1441081187785.jpg (6KB, 118x142px) Image search: [Google]
1441081187785.jpg
6KB, 118x142px
>Hi Guys!
>>
File: 142945.gif (88KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
142945.gif
88KB, 500x475px
>>381533316
I haven't kept up on GPU performance for a while, but a 1050 inside of an old Dell office PC (5 years old max) should run most things at 1080p on high settings. It should be pretty cheap. Consult >>>/g/pcbg for more help

As for the games, you will never run out. I feel like strategy, shooter and simulation games strive on PC. Anything before PS2 can be emulated almost perfectly with the exception of N64. PS2 emulation is a bit spotty and the upcoming PS3 emulator rcps3 can run some games pretty well. Mod support can also add a lot of life to an old game. Look at doom and quake, both having massive communities making content every day.

Don't forget that this will also be a regular PC, so any normalfags tasks such as document editing, video rendering and so on should be a breeze.

If you are fresh out the water and need a place to get games, steam and gog is where you'll get most of them. They both have yearly sales with huge discounts and even free games occasionally.

Hope to see you soon on the battlefield, my man.
Also, learn to Google stuff, will help you greatly when it comes to tech problems.
>>
>>381533880
on consoles dummy.thats why we had arcades
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.