[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on RIDDICK - /v/ edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: escape-from-butcher-bay-poster-1.jpg (299KB, 1443x1989px) Image search: [Google]
escape-from-butcher-bay-poster-1.jpg
299KB, 1443x1989px
What do you think about the Riddick franchise, /tv/?

Yet, right now we have
>Butcher Bay (videogame prequel)
>Dark Athena (videogame sequel)
>Into Pitch Black (TV special)
>Slam City (motion comic)
>Pitch Black (first movie)
>Dark Fury (animated sequel)
>Chronicles of Riddick (second movie)
>Blindsided (motion comic)
>Riddick (last movie)
Plus some novels, a smartphone game and a promotional point and click adventure.

As far as we know, a TV series is in the works.
Also, a new movie.

What the fuck
>>
It's not very good, but I can't fault Vin Diesel for making his OC a thing. He's living the dream.
>>
>>379341504
Squandered potential.

Butcher bay is good.
>>
>>379342160
I don't think any of the movies need critical acclaim to be enjoyable. I like the Riddick movies because they're basically just "swole man does cool shit", which is fine by me. Butcher Bay was very good, I remember Dark Athena being a little less fun though for whatever reason. It's been a while since I played them, I ought to go back and give them another play sometime.
>>
>>379342160
>I can't fault Vin Diesel for making his OC a thing

Riddick? Nigga there's literally a movie in the making about his Dungeons and Dragons character.
I mean, a new one
>>
>>379342587
Shit I would do that too if i had guaranteed income and royalties for life from F&F frnachise.
>>
Shame Riddick isn't on GoG anymore
>>
>>379343631
why
>>
>>379341504
Pitch Black was a cool movie. Riddick was OK. The games are dope but not because they're Riddick. The rest of it went up it's own ass and not in the spectacular was Pirates of the Caribbean did.
>>
>>379344471
Licensing I guess
>>
>>379341504
Butcher Bay and Dark Athena are surprisingly amazing games for their time. Completely blindsided me with how well they play.
>>
File: 2017-06-07 04-09-41-60.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-07 04-09-41-60.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>379345491
They still look good, and gameplay is nice
>>
>>379341504
Don't forget the mobile game.
>>
>>379341504
Recently played through them, it was a nice experience.
The dev studio that worked on the games is active again, so I guess more games to come.
>>
>>379347489
Aw shit. It would be great.

Let's hope for another Riddick game and not a multiplayer piece of crap
>>
>>379341504
>/tv/
>>
>>379349893
There are three riddick games
Two of them are great

fuck off
>>
Butcher Bay is great. Diesel has a good taste in games.
>>
>>379341504
Pitch Black and Chronicles are great but what the fuck was up with the third movie?
>>
>>379351934
It's Vin Deisel saying sorry for what happened in Chronicles and doing a soft-reboot.

Honestly I just want him to make more games. Butcher Bay is one of the best FPS adventures ever made.
>>
>>379341504
It's great an d i'm a fan of the character
i want riddick x aliens crossover and think it would be a good fit
>>
>>379352343
>sorry for what happened in Chronicles
For what? Introducing necromongers?
>>
>>379341504
Enjoyed the movies, vin diesle just being bad ass is generally enjoyable.
>>
Pitch Black was a pretty cool movie, the other movies were decent, definitely worth a watch if you don't have have high expectations. Butcher Bay was a great game. Never played the other game and I don't know about any other Riddick stuff like comics or TV shit.

All in all it's decent but it could have been much better. At this point the series is basically forgotten. There was potential for an amazing and memorable series.
>>
Pitch Black is a fun movie. Haven't had a chance to plat the games but games based on movies/tv don't have the best track record.
>>
>>379353843

You must not know much about the Riddick games then because they're well known for being some of the best movie-games ever done.
>>
>>379353521
The stakes kinda rose too high and went from Rogues in Space to something trying to be epic.

I dont mind the necromongers in concept, but it was clear that the whole thing was going in "save the world" direction which dosent seem to fit what we know from Riddick. The Conan callback was nice though
>>
File: art.jpg (31KB, 382x397px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
31KB, 382x397px
>>379353521
Because it went from telling the story of an entire galaxy most wanted criminal to a generic high action movie which whole plot can be summed up as, like that other Anon said, "save the world"
>>
>>379354539
>>379354058
/tv/ apparently loved it. According to them it's kinda like the opposite of a generic movie

I mean look
>>>/tv/thread/83651521
>>
>>379354814
>Nothing Found
>>
File: 1416178090058.jpg (22KB, 443x388px) Image search: [Google]
1416178090058.jpg
22KB, 443x388px
>>379354814
>/tv/ apparently loved it
/tv/ also enjoy having 300+ replies threads on regular occasions about a particular actress' feet
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to claim what I'm saying here is an argument but I've seen so much bullshit in there that I'd take a drooling idiot more seriously than this board users
>>
>>379354912
>>>/tv/83651521
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.