[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this about? Where people really that butthurt about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: REE NORMIES.jpg (241KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
REE NORMIES.jpg
241KB, 900x637px
What was this about?
Where people really that butthurt about it not being WW2 shit?
>>
The real question is why this didn't happen sooner, after all they are just pumping out the same game year after year and people are still giving them money for some reason.
>>
>>379172341
>What was this about?
Infinite Warfare was legit Blops 3. The trailer even re-used assets and abilities from Blops 3. They then on top of that, locked MW Remastered behind not just IW, but the more expensive version of IW.
>Where people really that butthurt about it not being WW2 shit?
No, they were mad it wasn't boots on the ground. So technically yes to. CoD community hates the wall running and double jumping.
>>
>>379172341
People were upset that you had to buy this to get the CoD:MW remake.
>>
It's hip to hate Call of Duty. It became a meme so the normies ate it up.
>>
>>379172341
No, they were mad that it was Killzone
>>
>>379172341

I'm a COD player so here's my point of view

The games has gotten more noticeably trash and more random in it's additions and skills

The future setting isn't the problem, black ops 2 did it absolutely fine

Hover jumping, classes with free kill abilities, the shit Infinite shoved it

We just want a decent fucking game without any of that shit, not nessesarily WW2 or "BOOTS TO THE GROUND", the classes should've had their abilities as kill streaks not free time based, etc
>>
>>379172341
>3rd CoD in a row to feature futuristic combat
Last time CoD series had more than 3 games in a row of the same era was CoD1-3.
Even BO1 was Cold War instead of "modern" warfare.
People got tired of futuristic crap after few titles in a row. And as games take 3 years to make now, it's harder to foresee the future trends, I wouldn't be surprised to see another WW2 CoD in a year or two, because 2 studios decided to "go back to the roots" after reception of latest games.
>>
>it looks like BO3 in space
>it gave what people wanted: port of MW, but locked behind IW instead of being standalone
>normies finally catched up with the "cod is shit" meme
>BF1 shills
>>
MW remastered being locked with it mostly.

That said, I got IW when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago, the single player was pretty decent for a CoD game.
>>
>>379174223
Legit question, what would you have done to shake up CoD without the jetpack shit? Because even though I loved it, by Black Ops 2 it was getting pretty stale for me
>>
>>379172341
>Game has been getting increasingly more and more trash
>The guys who made CoD good went off and formed Respawn
>CoD is left to the interns and shit now
>It's now the hip thing to do to hate CoD
>>
>>379174390
>normies finally catched up with the "cod is shit" meme
normalfag =/= normie
And normalfags always shitted on CoD. Especially ever since Bad Company 2.
>>
That's precisely the reason, along with MWR being tied to it.

Shame really, because it turned out to be the best COD game since Black Ops 2.
>>
>Instead of actually trying to balance gameplay or whatever, let's just add a whole bunch of random shit and see what sticks
>>
>>379174714
>normalfag =/= normie
Your new is showing
>>
>>379174714
BC2 was what, 2010? COD still sells like hot shit back then. It wasn't until Ghost where everyone realized that it got stale, and that's the primary reason why COD gone futuristic
>>
>>379175068
>>>/r9k/
>>379175081
It sells, but it was always hated ever since BC2.
>>
>>379174475
This right here

But I'm under the impression that less is more and that 3 perks and an attachment were more than good enough and not fifty attachments, organizing class points and then the gay as holy fuck "cool skins for nothing".
>>
>>379175210
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>379175210
Only vocal minorities hated them since they're sold like 15+ millions copies. IW was the first time where EVERYONE thought that COD is shit and lacked of ideas.
>>
>>379175397
>EVERYONE thought that COD is shit and lacked of ideas.
Actually that was Ghosts. Doggo and fish AI memes hit really hard after Xbone reveal.
>>
>>379175397
>>379175532
Actually that was MW3

BO2 came out afterward and redeemed the series which made people forget for a while
>>
File: 1495962144822.jpg (91KB, 871x706px) Image search: [Google]
1495962144822.jpg
91KB, 871x706px
Honestly at this point it'd be best if CoD just disappeared for a few years. How many CoD's have been released yearly now?
>>
>>379175747
I don't think MW3 impacted it that much. But yeah, even initial reaction for BO2 was one of harsher ones.
>>
>>379176015
Actually CoD games had more releases early, when it didn't reach MW1 popularity.
First was CoD, next year both expansion UO and console Finest Hour. 2005 CoD2 and gen 6th Big Red One. And next CoD3 and soon later Roads to Victory for PSP.
>>
I didn't care much for the multiplayer and haven't really since CoD4, but the single player campaign in IW was actually really good. I like space settings and military sci fi and the game only cost me £20 so I was happy.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.