[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on pcgayming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: pc-master-race.jpg (79KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pc-master-race.jpg
79KB, 1366x768px
Redpill me on pcgayming
>>
It's ultimately not that much better than consoles.
>>
File: consolegaming.jpg (503KB, 1615x834px) Image search: [Google]
consolegaming.jpg
503KB, 1615x834px
>>379153902
Better in everyway including price in the long term if you either play online or need a normal computer anyway (like everyone does)

Pic related for the inevitable sonybros
>>
You'll play lots of games that aren't specifically designed/optimized to be played on your particular system, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't suck.
>>
You pay 1000$ once, then you never pay for games ever again
>>
File: art2342343.jpg (115KB, 800x1086px) Image search: [Google]
art2342343.jpg
115KB, 800x1086px
-biggest game library by far
-better graphics
-better framerate
-cheaper games
-100's of free games
-better controls + more control options
-mods
-more user content (maps, skins, etc)
-free online MP
-upgrade-able
-backwards compatibility
>>
>>379153902
There is nothing redeemable in your post. Every word was carefully chosen to make the experience of reading it worse.
>>
The only real problem is the money investment if you want the best stuff to run games at max power. IF you are fine with lower settings then it becomes less of a problem. Everything else is superior.

>Largest selection of games
>ability to run mods
>Multi-plats tend to run better
>biggest online community for a huge variety of games
>no pay for play online outside of a few mmorpgs having a sub fee
>ability to use all console controllers
>hardware is fully customizable to fit your personal needs and budget
>better backwards compability thjan any console
>can emulate a ton of old consoles and handhelds

You should have a PC and then your console of choice for exlusives you like.
>>
>>379153902
Was a good alternative if you were into niche stuff, got really popular after League of Legends blew up, companies realized this investing into RP, after Minecraft and LoL dominated the major PC playerbase and the RP campaign was successfull people now believe their butchered AAA multigames and indietrash are the best, high trend into buying overpriced "gamer" accessoires, buying overpriced PC components with Leds, if you are into the newage gaming (after 2007) PC is a must have, Twitch.tv, Youtube Gaming, League of Legends, Undertale, Uknowns Battleground, PC is the best plattform if you are under 25 year old and want to fit in.

There are some pros and cons, if you are a wannabe enthusiast who bought into the "gaming" culture you should get a PC. If you are a guy who likes to play the newest video games without a hassle I would recommend you a good 500$ laptop + 1 or 2 consoles of your choice. The popular PC games run easily on every modern Walmart laptop.
>>
>>379154380
> got popular after LoL
How underage are you
>>
>>379154380
>The popular PC games run easily on every modern Walmart laptop.

A lot f the popular ones actually require supercomputers (solely because they're unoptimised). Battlegrounds being the most recent
>>
>>>/lgbt/
dont forget sage prevents this tripe from being bumped to the front page
im not saging right now btw
>>
>>379153902
You actually have to invest yourself in it.

If you just buy a PC like you'd buy a console, then you won't really find a difference in quality (and the pc will probably be even weaker than a same-price console).

So you need to learn how to build your own machine, what specs you want, clean your PC from time to time and check every so often if and when you want to upgrade a specific part.
But once you're here it's a blast.
>>
>>379153902
okay, heres the ultimate redpill from someone that only had the money for either PS4 or building a PC, and got meme'd into building a PC by PCbros.

PC is good for:

>online multiplayer shooters like CSGO, Overwatch, TF2 (if you're into these kinda games)
>pirating shit (havent paid for a game since Yakuza 5 on PS3)
>anime and TV shows
>indie games (pirated, of course)
>emulating PS1, PS2, SNES, GC, Wii etc.
>having a comfy place to do all of these things at the same spot

PC is NOT good for:

>AAA titles, they are usually shitty console ports with horrible DRM like Steam and Denuvo on top of it
>being cost effective (a PC I built in 2015 is already completely outdated and while it still runs everything I throw at it, the game devs themselves collude with Nvidia and AMD to make games harder and harder to run unless you buy the newest GPU, which is 400€ minimum)

so bottom line, don't get a $2000 PC with a 1080ti or something, you will regret it. build a $500 PC and spend the rest on comfy accessories like a nice keyboard and mouse and a PS4.
>>
>>379153902
There was a timeframe where PC was the best platform. You had good exklusives and you could emulate most worthwhile Nintendo and PS1 exklusives.
Mulitplats weren't console oriented.

Today you don't need a high end PC anymore, only if you care about graphics. New PC titles are either multiplats that are optimised for consoles UI and just badly ported to PC, indie games that don't make use of your high end rig anyway and are aldo released on consoles or F2P shit. All worthwile exclusives are Nintendo/Ps4 now and emulaiting those will take some time.

If you want to get into PC gaming get a cheap used midrange PC and replay the classics and then play some online games like SS13 or rust.

t idort
>>
>>379154765
oh, and I want to add longetivity to the pros aswell. realistically, a PS4 will only work for about 5 years, 10 if you're lucky. then the thermal paste will wear out and the CPU/GPU will cook themselves. replacing or fixing these is a pain in the nuts, unless you want to pay some kike to do it for you, and it'll just break again in a few months anyway.

PC parts generally last longer and are much easier to replace / maintain (compare replacing thermal paste on a PC to replacing the thermal paste on a PS4, and you'll see what I mean).
>>
Some anons already mentioned above: you don't need to go for the $2000 super rig. Just build a $500 one, it should play all the indie and shitty console ports on medium settings at 30 fps. Spend the rest on whatever console has the exclusive you want to play, a nice couch, and a huge TV.

Publishers are slowly getting disillusioned to Steam's huge install base number, because the majority of them will never pay for their games anyway, so AAA titles mostly come to console first, then gets ported later to PC, with the porting job being outsourced to a team of Pajeets.

Steam games are cheaper, but with consoles you can buy second hand physical copies.
>>
>>379154765
>>379155010
I don't believe you ever even used a gaming pc before.
>>
>>379155010
Replacing thermal paste is a pain regardless. The difference is, at $299, it's cheaper to give away / sell your old PS4 to someone willing to fix it, then walk into the store and buy a new PS4.
>>
>>379153902
Pros: You have the entire PC game library available to you (as long as you can run it). You will have the entire game library available to you when you get a new PC, or upgrade your PC. Upgrading a PC means you can get better performance without purchasing a new plastic box from a console manufacturer, and can be cheaper if just upgrading a single part (i.e. graphics card).

Cons: You won't always be able to just upgrade a single part, and so upgrades can be expensive. Making your own PC can be complex, and you can't just take it back to GameStop and return it for another one if that happens. New PC games are not guaranteed to work on your PC (especially an older one) like they are on a console. PCs are going to be more expensive than a Playstation/Xbox of similar specs, due to how Sony and Microsoft take a hit on all their hardware. Some PC games can be difficult to run properly: DOS games require specific software, Linux systems need to use programs to run otherwise non-Linux games, etc.
>>
>>379158429
t. never used a PC
>>
>>379153902
Aside from a handful of games, the playerbase dies within a month. People go on about the rise of PC gaming, when in reality the only games people play are overwatch, csgo and dota.

They are the vegans of the gaming world. They outrage over anything and everything. There is a strong connection between gamergaters, neckbeards and pc gaming.

Ever seen the steam library threads? They are so depressing. Just lists of the same 8 games. Yeah I'm sure that 1000+ pc plays a 12 year old game really well, congrats.
>>
>>379159106
This. PC gamer go begging for console ports, then shit on the very port they were begging so much for.
>>
>>379153902
a meme
>>
>>379153902
Best platform to play on
Worst fanbase to deal with
>>
>>379159106
>>379159695
>Tfw shills have officially taken over
>>
>>379154153
PC for home and 3ds for on the go is truly the only option
>>
>>379153902
Its okay. I recently built one but fell into the pit of not playing too much on it like so many others. Still nice to have the option for good graphics and FPS though. And really there is no excuse for not being an idort except poverty.
>>
shit
the only thing i like about it is the backwards compatibility
but all i play is console ports
>>
Higher initial cost, free online, better sales, physical copies are fucking dead, better graphics and framerate (if you have proper hardware), more games, mods,...
>>
>>379153902
'why isn't this game on pc'
-pc gamer on piratebay
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.