[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien: Isolation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 52

File: Alien Isolation.jpg (518KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Isolation.jpg
518KB, 1920x1080px
Why didn't this game get a 90+ review aggregate?

Why was it financially unsuccessful?

You DID play it, right?
>>
>>377484782
Yes. To answer the question, casuals
>>
>>377484782
i am half way through
it is glorious

i think the biggest issue is the difficulty, and unfounded expectations of the game being a shooter

you start the game, you find some synthetics, and then you realize you can't beat their asses to death
same with the alien

in my opinion, the game gets normie when you get the shotgun and flamethrower, but sadly many people will bail out earlier
>>
>>377484782
It was too long. Usual horror games take around 10hours to finish while this game was twice as long. The length would be alright had you been given the flamethtower later. When you obtain the weapon, the ayylmao loses all the respect and power since you can just turn around whenever it appeqrs and spray it with some flames.
When you had to rely only on your firegranades, it was cool. They could have introduced some sort of fire trap instead of the flamethtower, which would give you more sense of safety but would not make you too defendable (?) like the flamethtower did. Then give the player the flamethtower in the last two hours of the game.
>>
>>377484782
I very much enjoyed it.

The disappointment of Colonial Marines made consumers dubious of purchasing future Alien titles.
>>
>>377484782
>financially unsuccessful

I'd say it was actually a moderate success. On top of this, it did receive a lot of praise.
>>
>>377484782
because its amnesia v2 with fake-weapons
>>
>>377485279
>When you obtain the weapon, the ayylmao loses all the respect and power

Spotted the gayfag that actually didn't play the game, since it can become resistant to the flamethrower the more you use it, if not out-right killing you anyway in certain circumstances when being flamed.
>>
>>377485394
pretty sure Sega acknowledged that it sold below expectations
>>
>>377484782
Too difficult for casuals. Half of the media (((reviewers))) gave it shit scores because you can't kill the alien and run through the levels without worrying about being punished for failure.
>>
File: another word.jpg (115KB, 494x390px) Image search: [Google]
another word.jpg
115KB, 494x390px
>>377485279
>too long
>using weapons ever
>>
File: 1471623351204.gif (572KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471623351204.gif
572KB, 500x281px
>>377485776
I thought it was fun to BTFO joes with the shotty and nail gun in the second half of the game
>>
I played a third in VR and stopped to wait for better hardware but then support never came. Sucks because it definitely adds to it but I might just finish it normally at this point.
>>
>>377485279
>the game was too long

Kill yourself you fucking faggot child
>>
File: Defualthd.png (511KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
Defualthd.png
511KB, 479x720px
Too much of a pussy to finish it
>>
>>377485469
>gayfag
>trip
The irony
Never encountered it enough for it to become fire resistant. Obviously you still play the game in stealth but the terror is not so prominent.
>>377485776
Reading comprehension is beyond you? I Said it was toolong because the flamethtower removed the horror and the terror was not strong enough afterwards.
>implying Im not gonna use weapons because she would not either and play it nonrp like some cockmuncher
Also as I said, the granades were perfect, it did not give you thst much power yet it managed to turn the game from retwrdedly boring 'run n hide ' to a proper survival horror
>>
File: 1372411116312.jpg (37KB, 234x234px) Image search: [Google]
1372411116312.jpg
37KB, 234x234px
>>377484782
>Why didn't this game get a 90+ review aggregate?
>Why was it financially unsuccessful?

Because it was actually bad.

I'm almost never the contrarian dickhead on this board, but the amount of praise this game gets around here is fucking baffling to me.

A:I had to be one of the most boring horror games I've ever played - why the fuck do you people like it so much?
>>
>>377486057
Kill yourself you retarded homosexual gay. Read the post before stopping on the first sentence you dipshit.
God fucking damnit no Wonder this place is such a fucking shithole with sheepfuckers like you around.
>>
>>377485951
>play through the entire game without killing anything or using guns
>there is a small corridor where you come out of a went and a joe lies on the floor
>there is no way around, have to kill it because it grabs you
>not long after the hall with the joes where you have to kill them all to get the keycard from the last
Triggered my no kill policy so hard

>get the supposedly very strong bar metal launcher(?)
>never use it
>get frustrated on a point and decide to kill a joe
>sneak behind him, aim at the head and blast away
>joe survives
>reload and proceed to sneak everywhere
>>
>>377486160
because they love walking sims if it has ALIEN name to it

it was awful, looked alright and thats it
>>
>better than any alien movie after aliens

what went wrong with the alien series /v/? even /tv/ thinks this game is better than the movies and they have usually have shit or contrarian taste.
>>
>>377485394
You're right - but it happened too late. Sega set their early sales bar high, and initial reviews were mixed, so it wasn't until nearly a year later when sales picked up steam again (thanks to price drops and sales at both online and physical retailers).
>>
>>377486160
>I'm almost never the contrarian dickhead on this board, but the amount of praise this game gets around here is fucking baffling to me.
I'm getting worried about falling into another /v/ meme game m8. Just lost to buying Nier Automata, which is a total pos. Thanks for confirming that this game is actually shit, too.
>>
>>377486112
You said it was too long. It wasn't. I don't care you played on easy and you always had enough juice in the flamethrower to spray the xeno on every corner.

>boring run and hide
People like you killed the stealth genre.
>>
File: 1494619511720.png (450KB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494619511720.png
450KB, 454x600px
>>377484915

It has nothing to do with casuals. It's just not a game that deserves an amazing score, nor was its $60 price tag justified at all. It basically a AAA version of Firewatch. It's super atmospheric and really good at absorbing you into the story, and that's about it. I'm not saying it's bad because it's not filled with action. I'm just saying that as far as games go, it barely qualifies as one. You "play" this game for 8 hours thinking that surely you'll get to start actually playing it very soon, and then it's over. I wouldn't mind Alien Isolation if they sold it for $30 and advertised it correctly as being an on-the-rails style horror exploration game that was missing a lot of stuff.
>>
File: bobmit.webm (2MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
bobmit.webm
2MB, 1280x718px
>when you read the thread and it becomes obvious everybody played it on easy running and gunning everything
>>
>>377484782
Because it's fucking boresnore as fuck. It's not even necessarily bad, but it's just so damn boring.
>>
>>377486463
I played on the hardest the game offered, I stealthed my way through, Im sorry Im not as bad at games as you are.
You never read what they should have done to eliminate the negwtiveness of the length and thst makes you an idiot.
Yes, it's boring if you have to do it for 20 hours and if it gets too frustrsting people just turn to the "gonna rush in to check the area and the load the game when I die" strategy. Nevermind the fact thst it was a survival horror first and foremost.
>>
>>377484782
>female protag
>trigger discipline

pick one
>>
>>377486770
AvP1-2 was also survival horror with the marine and i killed plenty of aliens and damn sure the game was more fun, since i was doing more than pressing WASD.
>>
>>377484782
Best game since New Vegas, and then 2016 brought same bangers like Bloodborne and Rabi-Ribi.

It's the best horror game since Resident Evil 4 or Silent Hill 2.

Hopefully the sequel leans more on the Deus Ex elements and less on the Amnesia elements.
>>
>>377486913
>Gears of war prequel
>horror

lmao
>>
>>377484915
This. IMHO casuals want for games to be power fantasies that are never frustrating.
>>
>>377486975
>Autistic resident evil baby hating on the best game in the franchise and one of the best games in history

lmao
>>
>>377486858

>AvP2 marine campaign
>survival horror

Maybe the first level, up to where you try to rescue your CO from the nest (and even then you're killing tons of bugs).

But all the levels after that are a straight up shooter. There's even a Predator boss fight, and the second to last level has you jump in a fucking mech to enter a hive and kill the queen.
>>
>>377487060
no one is hating here on RE7 lmao
>>
>>377485070
you can beat synthetics to death, you just have to use the stun rod on them first
>>
>>377484782
You couldn't run and gun so it scared all the normies off.
>>
That original Jerry Goldsmith score gets me hard
>>
>>377486770
>I stealthed my way through
>used the flamethrower on the alien
okay
>>
>>377486913
>re4 babby
>also like nier POSmata
>silent hill and horror
>fucking rabi-ribi
>also obsidianfag

only nintenbroing is missing otherwise you would be "all /v/ cancer in 1" package
>>
>>377485279
This. Isolation bored the fuck out of me.
>>
>>377487181
Well obviously given his unpredictability it did not always work. And I'm not gonna die and reload the game just because some autist on the internet does not like weapons.
>>
I still haven't finished it because I get too scared when playing it.
This has never happened to me with any other game.
>>
>people actually get scared from this shitty walking-sim

kek
i remember plenty of parts when you are just waiting for some shitty elevator or other machine and scary music is playing and nothing else is actually happening

10/10 i rather play colonial marines, at least that can be fun with friends
>>
>>377487224
>re4 babby
1-3 are overrated. $ was just as revolutionary as the first, and you're being contrarian solely because it's different and the most popular in the franchise critically/financially.

>also like nier POSmata
Nice substantive argument, and that's a picture of Kat, not 2B, simpleton.

>silent hill and horror
Use your words

>fucking rabi-ribi
Is legitimately one of the best games ever made and has a god tier soundtrack. I doubt you've played it though. Keep shit-posting my man.

>also obsidianfag
It's the most substantive and well-realized RPG of the decade, yes. Modding helps too.

The only cancer here is you, a simpleton who can't articulate any real argument and just uses "epic" buzz-words.
>>
>Can't kill shit tier Xenomorph drone with revolver

Inb4 every ayy there is praetorian
>>
>>377484782
I bought it on a whim when it came out after the reviews said it wasn't shit. My absolute favorite game of 2014 and rekindled my love for Alien.

IMO, the tension and environments of the game make it an easy 9/10.
>>
>>377487539
>do i fit in yet? the post

nope, but neither can you have original thoughts gg wp lol
>>
>>377484782
Because it was new and different.
And of course I bought it
>>
>>377487628
Again, a nice substantial post, dude. Thanks for being so insightful and showing me why you are right and I am wrong.
>>
>>377487767
no problem redditor, try better next time
>>
>>377484782

This game is unironically too scary for me

I got to the first part where the Alien can spawn and I felt like I was having a panic attack
>>
>>377484782
I don't get triggered easily anymore but when I see casuals playing this game on any difficulty but the Nightmare difficulty then talk shit about it I can't help but feel upset.
>>
>>377487118
yeah i know
but not until 2 hours in the game
>>
>>377487918
cuck
>>
>>377487918
It makes my heart want to burst from my chest. I can play it for about 5 mins at a time.

I LOVE IT
>>
>>377485070
>half way through
Have fun with the other half of the game which drags on for way too long.
This is my biggest complaint with the game as well. It's just too long. I get the appeal of running around in something that could have been part of the film set of Alien but all this backtracking just destroys it.
These areas you back track through also felt very empty.
It's a decent game but just falls short in some aspects
>>
>>377484782

>rubber banding alien
>alien becomes more annoying then scary
>drop a molotov at alien, it warps to kill you
>>
>>377487918
>play the game on hard mode
>Alien comes around the room for a good while
>he goes into the vents and I stumble out of my locker to start sneaking away
>hear a bump and lose my nerve. I start running
>find a locker and huddle up inside, I think I'm safe
>but wait, why is the thumping getting louder and faster?
>locker flips open and I get ayy lmaod
I damn near pissed myself. The randomness alone makes the game fucking difficult
>>
>>377491067
I'm a gigantic pussy and hate horror games.
This is frankly my first time playing a scary game. I often quit when I get really scared but I fucking love it.
>>
>>377491067
>randomness
i think that right there is the best thing about the game
every gameplay is different thanks to the alien AI, so no guide/playthrough/let'splay will save you from confronting the beast

>>377490910
i don't know how much i have left, but i have to agree
i am starting to get a little bored, so i am playing an hour at most every other day

to be clear: the game is pretty good, and those annoyances make it unique

i sincerely hope they release a new one, with more action sections, and better AI
and now that i am dreaming: how about SINGLE.PLAYER.CAMPAIGN.CO-OP
>>
>>377484782
I forgot it was even a thing, don't think I'll ever pick it up desu
>>
>>377485070
>>377484915
>>377484782
that's because it's niche market
>>
>>377486505
>I didn't play the game: the post
>>
>>377491013
>Rubber banding alien
So you never got more than half way.

That's explained and it's the whole twist.
>>
>>377486718
This, the alien got more resistant to the flamethrower as time went on and whenever you use it too much. I remember crawling under some inactive converter belt and the alien was chasing me as I puffed flame at it. I used over twice of what I used to use at the beginning and all it did was slow the guy down instead of driving him off. I also believe the end of the game, where you are more forced to use the flame, deliberately buffs you so the end of the game is action packed like the end of Alien.
>>
>>377484782

I played it and honestly the thing that gets me the most about this game is the work on the alien AI. It was a interesting idea and they managed to make the Alien carry the game which is a technical acheivement if anything. It's actually really interesting to look up how it works after playing it. There was this one video I saw explaining the way the AI works on two levels so the alien encounters are organic as hell outside of some set key events in the game.

It's a shame it didn't get more but honestly
>reviews
don't expect too much from reviewers. Generally this game got a lot of praise even if reviewers were cautious about giving it high scores. I think people generally accept this is a successful and interesting idea.
>>
>>377493075
I never used the flamethrower except on the facehuggers. I figured It could have some effect on the xeno but I'm the guy who keeps the best weapons for the worst part and finishes a game without ever using them.
>>
>>377484782

because it was shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
>>
>>377484782
Anyone else think it was lame as fuck that you can't kill the Alien. At least injure it? I thought it was gonna be Nemesis 2.0, at hard as fuck boss that stalks you, but that you can fight off if you have enough skill and resources, for a breather and a unique prize. Maybe the Alien keeps evolving every time you beat it, like it's a small freshborn alien first, then a drone, then a warrior, praetorian, queen, etc.
>>
I'm pretty sure this game made them money.
>>
>>377492698
>Rubber banding alien
What the hell this even mean?
>>
Yeah I played it but not until years after release because I believed /v/ when they said it was shit.

I love the Alien film so much and this video game brought that feeling to life in a video game to near perfection.
>>
>>377484782
I found it very boring and not scary. Find a way to open the door simulator. After an irritating stealth section past some robots, I crawled out of a vent completely silent and got dropped on by an alien that I could not have avoided. Then I uninstalled.

Even Outlast was better.
>>
>>377493728
>got dropped on by an alien that I could not have avoided
Slime on the ground, sounds and slime falling from the ceilings.
Git gud.
>>
>>377493632
Probably referring to the fact that the alien could go into a vent right before your eyes and then suddenly reappear out of another vent in the same exact instant instead of organically travelling through the vents.
>>
>>377493823
Ah, yeah the guy didnt play the game if this is the theory. Is pretty much explained.
>>
File: 1487719151700.gif (1MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
1487719151700.gif
1MB, 300x159px
>>377493728
>Even Outlast was better.

Get this weak ass bait out of here.
>>
>>377493929
Outlast was better

both games are jut red light green light simulators but outlast had the decency of not dragging you through 20 hours of blatant padding and broken stealth
>>
I finally got around to playing through it all the way earlier this year. It was great, but not without issues. As a fan of the original movie, survival horror and sci fi horror in general it ticked a lot of boxes for me. They absolutely NAILED the aesthetic and tone and in terms of gameplay mechanics I thought everything worked well. It's just a shame that some poor pacing hampered the second half. This is one instance where cutting some content probably would have done the game some good, because it felt like a slog towards the end.
>>
>>377484782
>>377484915
I still remember IGN review
>game is too long
>alien AI is unpredictable
>game is too hard
>>
File: 1494275686647.jpg (48KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
1494275686647.jpg
48KB, 498x374px
>first great Alien game in decades
>they fucking discontinue the franchise

LOL DIDNT SELL AS MUCH AS COD xD SHUT IT DOWN
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg

This review is all you need to know about it desu.
>>
>>377493486
>>377494302
>Posting 2 hacks who couldn't even figure out simple mechanics in Bayonetta
>>
File: 1492624453553.jpg (48KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1492624453553.jpg
48KB, 600x484px
>>377494302
>Posting the same shit video that everyone laughs at because they don't know shit about games.
This is why your parents hate you anon.
>>
File: 1389119091720.gif (2MB, 237x138px) Image search: [Google]
1389119091720.gif
2MB, 237x138px
>>377494302
>>
File: Let's Have a Chat About Safety.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Let's Have a Chat About Safety.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>377494359
>>377494395
>>377494426

>Isolationfags buttmad that film critics blasted their shit game the fuck out.

Lmao.
>>
>>377494395
I disagree with a lot of their opinions, and I think Jack is just plain bad at video games but their AI video was spot on.
>>
>>377494395
>Posting the same shit video that everyone laughs at because they don't know shit about games.

I mean they don't, but this is one of the few times they managed to get everything right
>>
File: alien.png (30KB, 292x103px) Image search: [Google]
alien.png
30KB, 292x103px
>>377494512
I didn't even play the game dude.
>>
>>377494528
Didn't these faggots like Firewatch over Alien?
What excuse do you fags have for having such shit taste in everything?
>>
>>377494684

explain which parts of their AI video were incorrect
>>
>>377492498
>i'm a fucking faggot that takes it up the ass: the post
>>
>>377493870
>there's more than one alien!
Doesn't explain how the same alien can stay in the same room as you without going through vents and just always be within a certain radius of you. If you go through a doorway it will too or will never leave unless you do, and as you progress through a level it will always be following you.
>>
>>377486913
jesus christ you have shit taste
>>
File: No Bluff to Call.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
No Bluff to Call.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>377494684
Not that guy but can't we just like both? I liked both.
>>
>>377494732
Claiming that game was just a cash grab
>>
File: le argument man.jpg (33KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
le argument man.jpg
33KB, 567x565px
>>377494810
>>
>>377484782
Yes. Honestly, what annoyed me was
>Alien never killed androids
It would have been cool if you could have made loads of noise and got it to fight them as well desu.
Also
>Humans you encounter just run to the corner
If this actually happened, you'd be talking to them etc, seeing as most of the ship is empty.
>>
>>377484782
I played it I enjoyed it I didnt finsih it. I got to just after I launched the xeno out into space then got bored closed it and could never bring myself to restart it. Another problem I had was once I got the flamethrower I never hid again I just walked from objective to objective casually anytime the xeno showed I flamed his ass and if he was gettin cocky I threw a molly at him which amusingly set his tail on fire. I only wish someone made this games engine and feel into a fully working SS13 game. Also you can die in the first mission/tutorial. At the last part were you push the button to call the tram or whatever just keep looking at the wall and youll get impaled by the xeno. Neat.
>>
>>377484782
IGN was too casual to even beat it.
>>
it should have slowly transitioned into a shooter, this was the main way to improve it

the alien isn't that fun, the game is just atmosphere with very little gameplay
>>
>>377494893
>Alien never killed androids

Why should it? They aren't look too real as like new synthetic one.
>>
It's great. Don't listen to faqggots saying it was boring.
>>
File: joe.png (40KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
40KB, 450x450px
>>377494512
>let me tell you about Sevastopol's safety protocols
>>
File: 1413622094016.jpg (91KB, 719x538px) Image search: [Google]
1413622094016.jpg
91KB, 719x538px
>>377495010
>>
>>377494893
Xenos see through pheromones mainly. So the androids are a nonfactor to them. They would have to attack them for the xeno to care.
>>
File: 1488510527944.png (328KB, 607x408px) Image search: [Google]
1488510527944.png
328KB, 607x408px
>>377494989
Most of the ADHD faggots saying its boring are the same faggots who think games like Outlast are good only because theirs a jump scare every five seconds its pretty damn clear those who hate it have no taste.
>>
>>377484782
I always reinstall it just for the aesthetic and atmosphere.

Then uninstall it because I don't like horror games based upon you being completely helpless and almost always hunted.
>>
>>377494971
Why wouldn't it scrap them? Why wouldn't they attack it seeing as it's a lifeform? I just think they could have made it more interesting this way, slow down the alien with robots or kill robots with alien, etc.
I really enjoyed the moments in the game with humans getting btfo by alien and distracting it, I think they could have more of these types of things in it.
>>
File: 1490132229955.gif (1MB, 795x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490132229955.gif
1MB, 795x450px
>>377494967
>Just turn it into a shooter!
Fuck off.
>>
the game is pretty formulaic within its own mechanics. other than being another amnesia type hide from shit simulator, the entire game just boils down to sequences of hide and seek from the alien, until you get options to actually force it to retreat, its kinda just trial and error and insta death everywhere

I really liked the early game when the alien wasn't so prolific, but once it goes into full swing and everything is hide and seek mode, the teleportation of the alien becomes super fucking obnoxious
>>
I've been putting play this title off for a couple of reasons. 1. I get too nervous playing horror games and they make me too tense to play 2. I get crazy motion sickness playing in corridors of fps games, without fail...
The tradgedy for me is that I loved the forst 2 Alien films so much and the game looks fucking unbelieveably well thought out. fml
>>
>>377495131
>Why wouldn't it scrap them?
You kill every ants you see on the ground when you walk? They are harmless to him.
>>
>2 hours walking around doing nothing
>get given a gun
>all the enemies have guns too but you can't take their ammo
>now you have to fight waves of grunts
>4 hours in an alien shows up in a scripted sequence
>spent the next two hours killing robots and humans

amazing game, I'm glad I uninstalled
>>
>>377495131
Joes didn't attack them, so there is no reason to them to be hostile to Joes.
Plus Joes are really helping them to harvest people
>>
>>377495216
If there weren't other enemies in the game you faggots would bitch that there's not enouth enemy verity
>>
>>377495216
Did you expect shooter?
Go play Colonial Marines then
>>
File: 2014-10-17_00001.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-17_00001.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Best thing i do in that game is clearing the areas with humans with the alien. Fuck them, two shotgun shoots, hide the fuck out of his way - rumble on air vents - and i collect the ammo after.
>>
>>377484782
i didn't finish it because i was too spooked
>>
File: 1413970056827.jpg (4KB, 223x250px) Image search: [Google]
1413970056827.jpg
4KB, 223x250px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr7Eja-xWUo
>>
>>377484782
The encounters with the alien gets old too fast for the length of the game, about 3 hours in you already feel like the game is taking longer in letting you progress than it should.
It drags on and on for no actual reason and all you do to progress is busywork going back and forth through the same areas with the alien being a nuisance more than a challenging threat.

It was one of the few games I forced myself to finish, I said that to myself when I was 7 hours in, and the game lasted 10 more.
It was more of a horrible experience than a horror experience.
>>
>>377495187
>>377495237
Well yeah you can come up with reasons for it, I'm just saying the game would have been more enjoyable had the creators made the androids open to alien attack.
>>
>>377495294
not an argument
>>377495314
no, but that's what I got seeing as the alien shows up once in a blue moon

Also the dogshit AI means you could hide behind a corner and whack each enemy as they walked around, neo-/v/ only praises this game because "muh grafix"
>>
>>377495445
This is a bit harsh desu. I agree to an extent-by 7-8 hrs in this is how it feels. However, the start of the game was very enjoyable and I don't regret buying
>>
>>377495084

yeah man, you need like 200 iq to fully appreciate the space walk level where you flip switched for 10 minutes
>>
>>377495237
>>377495187
>>377495131
Also I remembered, Weyland-Yutani bought a station as soon as they got a report about strange xeno thing.
That's why Mother on the ship reprogrammed Joes to eliminate anyone how can harm species
>>
>>377495457
>come up with reasons

>>377495586

Did you even finished it?
>>
>>377495630
THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THEY HAD DONE IT MY WAY YOU LITTLE SHIT NOW FUCK OFF
>>
>>377495682
Go and make one or at least start whit mod, faggot
>>
>>377495237
>Joes didn't attack them, so there is no reason to them to be hostile to Joes.
The alien is hostile to you before you even attack it though. The point of the alien is it's the ultimate predator that attacks everything.
>>
File: 1489320672508.gif (700KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1489320672508.gif
700KB, 360x203px
>>377495556
>He can't enjoy a moment of pure atmosphere to take a break from the constant threat of the alien.

I bet your one of those cunts who thinks the boat ride in Silent Hill 2 was "padding"
>>
>>377484782
I liked it. But i had my problem with the "unpredictable" Alien.
It was just too predictable. At the beginning it was nice to see the alien showing up in random spots where you are.
But later you could basically set a timer when you should start hiding from it.
Big ass map and you walked through the whole thing with perfect stealth? Well alien will show up right next to you any second now. Better start hiding and wait for it to go away before further 2minutes of exploration .

I lked the mod that made it more random.
(Alien would for example not leave a particular area for a while. or start searching another random area and not just "your area" everytime.)

And yes it made the game easier but also more enjoyable imo.
>>
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>377495743
NEVER reply to me EVER AGAIN
>>
>>377495886

yeah man, flipping those switches

pure fucking kino
>>
>>377495845
>The point of the alien is it's the ultimate predator that attacks everything.

It doesn't attack things that are intentionally programmed to try and keep it alive by murdering all the humans on board. The Alien is pretty smart, it knows that the Joes aren't a threat to it.
>>
>>377484782
>Why was it financially unsuccessful?
Mostly because the license for the Alien IP is expensive
>>
>>377495993
the game designers could have made the game much more fun by making it androids vs alien vs humans though
>>
>>377495845
Mother reprogrammed them to provide protection for species as I remembered.
Aliens hostile only to organic for obviously making a new ones. Joes are old models that have only synthetic parts, that is why there is no reason for aliens to attack them or something. Plus Joes really helps them in hunting people on a station.
>>
>>377496054
argument invalid, game would have been better
>>
Outlast 2 open sections are pretty much a copy of this game alien segments
I recommend it to anyone who enjoys this semisneak roaming instakill thing
>>
>>377496049
>>377495682
Could you stop?
>>
>>377496096
Did they show rape of the girl or did they cut it form release?
>>
>>377496102
ummm....no sweaty. the game designers made a big mistake
>>
>>377496049
>made the game much more fu-

The game would have been a piss easy cakewalk if the Alien killed Joes for you.
>>
>>377496150
It was cut, but the audio was found in the game files
Pretty disturbing shit
>>
>377496175
last (you) for ya honey
>>
File: 1366940769566.png (7KB, 389x255px) Image search: [Google]
1366940769566.png
7KB, 389x255px
>>377484782
The chromatic aberration in that image looks like a good reason.
>>
File: The Horror.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Horror.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>377496198
no, the game designers could have made it harder to compensate you fucking idiot
>>
>>377486312

>buying a game that was clear waifu bait shit

You deserved to lose that money. Some games will be just near unplayable but still be shilled by 1 fucking dude because it has a hot anime bitch in it.
>>
File: 1482694658310.gif (2MB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1482694658310.gif
2MB, 400x221px
Thank god, i can finally post this
>>
File: You FOOLS.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
You FOOLS.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>377484915
most people don't give a fuck about horror games nor alien games
>>
File: ai_character_concept_07.jpg (325KB, 1600x907px) Image search: [Google]
ai_character_concept_07.jpg
325KB, 1600x907px
>>377484782
I'm as confused as you are OP. Literally the best game of the 2010s thus far. One of few modern 10/10s I've played as of late.

>>377487918
we all did

>>377493486
>>377494302
it's a shame. i like redditlettermedia, i love rich, but i completely disagree with them on this. all of their complaints were non-issues. alien isolation is literally the horror game people had been asking for for YEARS, and now that it's been handed to them on a silver platter, they turn their noses.
>>
>>377496219
You can turn it off, retard.
>>
>>377496470
It's actually very unusual for a game to let you unfuck bad design choices, but that's good to know.
>>
>>377496219
You can turn it off but I feel this is one game that actually has reason to use it. Still, I turned it off.
>>
>>377496560
Yeah i've never been a fan of it myself either, so I turned it off when I played.
>>
File: 1491293214179.png (240KB, 366x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491293214179.png
240KB, 366x400px
>>377496421
Most games from 2016 sucked but my god Alien was a shining light in the darkness one of the greatest games I've ever played.
>>
>>377496569
>I feel this is one game that actually has reason to use it.
Is the player character a robot?
>>
>>377496353
the end of that legitimately made me jump
>>
How was Convenant?
Will i like it if i thought Prometheus was good? Only fucking plebs hated Prometheus.
>>
File: P70517-215045.jpg (3MB, 3120x4208px) Image search: [Google]
P70517-215045.jpg
3MB, 3120x4208px
>amazing graphics
>nailed aesthetics, from menues to music, to the ship
>incredibly toaster friendly
>AI based gameplay, very welcome in this era of trash scripted events and playable movies
It's pretty much the best game in years
Truly amazing, although tedious, and very hard in some sections, iincluding cheap kills and bullshit combat
>>
>>377496629
>How was Convenant?
It was okay, not great imo
>Will i like it if i thought Prometheus was good?
yes
>>
>>377496605
Yeah
>>
>>377496421
>but i completely disagree with them on this. all of their complaints were non-issues

one day someone will post an actual argument on why they don't lie the video

today is not that day
>>
>>377496629
Plebs are people with taste now?
>>
>>377496602
Alien Isolation was released in 2014.
>>
>>377484782
you have to be an alien fan to understand how amazing this game it is. i jizzed all over screen and my trauma kicked in. i still can't finish this game.
>>
>>377496783
It means you have shit taste anon.
>>
>>377497042
Prometheus was a bad movie though.
>>
>>377497267
False.
>>
>>377486505
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not saying yours is wrong, but did you play it on hard? The game is drastically different between normal and hard. It is a much better game on hard
>>
>>377497338
Mocking shitpost.
>>
>>377497380

the alien can still be avoided by crouching behind a coffee table on hard
>>
>>377497460
Tell me, what was so bad about Prometheus?
>>
>>377484782
I did, unfortunately.
>>
>>377497521
Dumb characters
B L A C K G O O
Dumb characters
Pointless backstory that ruins the mystery of the engineers
Pointless backstory that ruins the mystery of the Aliens.
Dumb fucking characters
Unlikable cast except for David.
>>
>>377496421

A thing you need to understand about jack and rich on videogames is that theyre very particular. Like i dont think Jack plays any game on hard, rich is almost the same but you can tell rich is more on the hardcore side and enjoys a bit of difficulty as opposed to jack who just wants to blow through shit.

They both dislike a lot of narrative shit, jack absolutely despises any and all cutscenes, rich is okay with it unless its some clear 'games are art' bullshit, they both like more action oriented games. Like if you watch their streams a bit youll get to understand what theyre into and see why they rate shit how they do, i dont agree with them 100% but thats fine, theyre entertaining enough
>>
>>377497603

>everyone was unlikeable except the droid

Pretty funny actually. I totally agree that the entire cast was stupid just for the sake of the plot even though these are suppost to be scientists.

I really hated the movie for just being vague though, theres no reason for that bullshit my dude
>>
>>377497603
ah yes. a /v/tard explanation on prometheus. dont ever visit /tv/, you have plebeian taste
>>
>>377496838
Shit my bad.
>>
>>377497795
tell me more about how zack snyder is visionary genius by making dc characters act completely different to their original personalities.
>>
>>377497923
>all of /tv/ likes capeshit
fuck off pleb
>>
>>377498065
>>377497795
>/tv/ anything but plebian
>frogposter anything but plebian
get out >>>/tv/
>>
File: 1483922957349.png (57KB, 266x401px) Image search: [Google]
1483922957349.png
57KB, 266x401px
>>377498065
>pleb
>posts frog
>>
>>377484782
I just got it the other day. I wish it was more action oriented like Alien Trilogy. The revolver is completely fucking useless.
Does it feature any facehuggers or anything besides the 1 alien?
>>
File: retardpepe.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
retardpepe.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>>377498215
>>377498137
>the average /v/ user
>>
>>377498220
You realize that Alien and Alien 3 weren't action oriented at all, right?
>>
>>377498220
Yes and the revolver is useful against the other aliens.
Of course it would never work on the Alien.
>>
>>377498220
>more action oriented like Alien Trilogy.

You mean Action Oriented like ALIENS.
>>
>>377498220
>I only ever watched Aliens, and assume all the movies are like that.

Aliens was good, but Alien was in no way, shape, or form an action flick. It's actually very, very slow.
>>
>>377498281
>the average /tv/ poster
>>377498220
>action oriented
kill yourself
>>
>>377497603
Is this pasta?
>>
>>377498395
stop posting you fucking idiot. you have AWFUL TASTE
>>
>>377498220
>Action oriented like Alien Trilogy
Looks like you need to watch this, because you sure as shit haven't watched the movies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8m6Jg9Y7X0

If you want an action oriented game, play Aliens: Colonial Marines. Totally action oriented, and totally tonedeaf to the movies.
>>
>>377498457
>s-shut up
no
>>
>>377484782
AI must be the best retro-sci-fi themed games. The visuals, sounds, athmosphere are absolutely fucking delicious.
>>
>>377498291
I know.

>>377498294
It's not even useful against androids. I know 1 shot wouldn't kill it but shit you need like 6 perfect headshot.

>>377498371
I guess. I like action more than suspenseful horror.

>>377498376
Nope. Ive seen Alien 3 and Prometheus. Maybe I have a soft spot for Doom clones.

>>377498395
wow rude
>>
>>377498220
Isolation is an Alien game, not an Aliens game.

Fucking newfags I swear.
>>
>>377498664
>It's not even useful against androids. I know 1 shot wouldn't kill it but shit you need like 6 perfect headshot.
It only takes a single shot if you shock them first.

>Nope. Ive seen Alien 3 and Prometheus. Maybe I have a soft spot for Doom clones.
The fuck does that have to do with anything that the other guy said?
>>
File: kev.jpg (155KB, 543x957px) Image search: [Google]
kev.jpg
155KB, 543x957px
>>377498548
watch it sunshine
>>
>>377498776
Yeah. Good luck collecting the parts needed to craft emps before you run into them.
Read his greentext.
>>
>>377498664
Yeah. You want Aliens: Colonial Marines.
>>
>>377495991
>kino
/tv/ get out.
>>
File: 1493659280571.jpg (240KB, 920x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493659280571.jpg
240KB, 920x700px
Because most people are too young to have seen Alien and failed to realize how that game recreated the feeling of the original movie.
>>
>>377484782
it almost did
>>
>>377499118
Anyone who says they are a fan of the Alien franchise should have watched the first film. It's a classic, and should be watched before any of the sequels.
>>
>>377499118

yeah, remember the alien in the movie was in full view most of the time and kinda bumbled around then environment while Ripley hid behind various waist high objects?
>>
>>377484782

Because believe it or not Alien: Isolation design was closer to classic horror games than quick cash grab youtubers reaction. You have to make weapons, you have to track the situation, you have to dodge Alien, robots and humans.

Youtubers just want scripted and easy money.
>>
>>377484782
>tfw a VIDEO GAME is a better Alien film than the original director's latest turd of an attempt
>>
>>377499118
Didn't remind me of the feel of the first movie at all.

Scope of the game seems way bigger and the character feels completely different.
>>
File: yama lowrez reaction image.png (9KB, 86x117px) Image search: [Google]
yama lowrez reaction image.png
9KB, 86x117px
>>377499505
>Because believe it or not Alien: Isolation design was closer to classic horror games than quick cash grab youtubers reaction.
>>
>>377499676

I don't know what are they trying to achieve with this series, different director in each sequels.
Finally back to original director and make them a lore bullshit movie instead of original space horror.
>>
File: 54.jpg (452KB, 1920x2096px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
452KB, 1920x2096px
>>377486718
Game is too easy to abuse.
>>
>>377499784

To be honest, most of those casual jewtuber are complaining that the game is too hard since the AI director keep fucking them up.
>>
>>377484782
-shitty story
-awful ending
-scripted up the ass, with alien teleporting from room to room
-immortal alien, yet you still get guns all time
-awful fps combat of last part of game
-flamethrower was so powerful you never had to fear of the alien, late game i ran everywhere not giving a fuck
-inconsistent visuals, goes from amazing looking to a game from 2004 on regular basis
-too long for the simple gameplay gimmick, with no story, very little down time and nothing to fill your time with hiding from alien eventually gets repetitive as shit
-androids see through walls.. fuck this was annoying

For me it was a generous 6/10.
If it was 6-8 hours long it would be at lest twice as good, there just wasnt enough ideas to fill the 15-20 hours it drags on for.
Also fuck me, how fucking hard is it to hire a writer. How?
>>
>>377499118
Soo, nostalgia? Thats all, you enjoy it since it reminds you of your childhood?
I swear, nostalgia is a mental disease, you fucks are the worst.
>>
>>377484782
>walking and spooking simulator
shit genre.
>>
>>377500615
>-immortal alien, yet you still get guns all time
this isn't CoD, you fucking retard
>>
>>377500879
Eh, some ok games in the genre.
Ethan carter and Soma were great.
>>
>>377501268
>this isn't CoD, you fucking retard
The fuck is your point kid?
How does it in any way relate to what you quoted?
>>
>>377486975
Where the fuck did you get gears of war from anything he said?
On topic I liked this game it was frustrating as shit because med bay refused to trigger the whiteboard but it was fun til it dragged on
>>
The difference of the alien AI between Normal and Hard is big, the alien is completely dumb in normal, from what i've watched, I only played on hard because people recommended it badly, and they were right.

people don't know this, so they play on normal and think the game is terrible
>>
>>377494787
theres more than one alien
>>
>>377484782
because early one people from /v/ playing it found out the ONLY condition of the game is LOSE. there was one guy who sucessfully killed the alien 5 fucking times, in a row, and the game kept making new aliens.

/v/ kinda gave up after that. because fuck that bullshit. no matter how sneaky and smart you play the game to get rid of the ayy, the game will just spawn a new one to fuck with you regardless.
>>
>>377496629
3rd best alien film but that is really not saying much
>>
>>377486228
"Walking sim" has became a buzzword by people like you using it left right and center. Alien Isolation has fucking shooting on top of the stealth/horror elements.
>>
>>377493632
I guess he means the alien AI is always following you, always patrolling near your location, instead of a random patrol method all over the place. It feels unnatural as fuck, and I agree with the notion is just becomes annoying and not scary since how it screams it's a game mechanic and loses some atmosphere.

>>377492698
where was this explained? I missed it
>>
>>377503370
there are multiple aliens
>>
>>377484782
Game was way too scripted.

Felt like I was on rails the whole time.

Alien killing you during semi-cutscenes doesnt help matters much.
>>
>>377503664
actually there aren't.

/v/ datamining faggots ripped into the games coding showed that there's is ONLY one alien apart from the scripted action scenes. the game will even teleport it and respawn an alien if you manage to kill it or lock it out of the area you're in so it can't get back
>>
>>377503664
But it's pretty obvious when you play the game on Hard that whatever one alien is always patrolling in a tight schedule near the room you are. This feels very unnatural as if the Alien knows exactly where you are all the time.

This becomes predictable after a while, and predictability harms atmosphere and horror. Still a good game though but has flaws like this AI issue and how it's too long, the section where you walk around the derelict ship later in the game was just unnecessary.
>>
>>377504204
>>377501942
you can't kill the alien retards
>>
>>377504204
Wow you are that retarded yeah? I suppose you got angry when you discovered lightsabers are not real right?
>>
>>377504204
Of course going through the trouble of actually putting more than one alien in when you're only going to show one at a time is not realyl a good idea
>>
>>377504419
yes you can. one guy screenshot'd his attempts to make the alien dead, including crushing it, spacing it, and other certain kills the left a corpse. and *POOF* a new alien pops up later
>>
>>377505917
Hasn't it been established that there are Xenomorphs all over the ship there's just one per section?
>>
>>377484782
>trigger control
The recoil is probably going to be too much for those dainty fucking hands too
>>
>>377486074
Just make sure you have full speaker grenades or anything to make noise and you can breeze through the latter half of the game.

One burst from the flamethrower resets the entire thing, so even if you get spotted you have a dozen or so soft restarts you can use.

Honestly the straight up gunfights were more of a challenge on harder difficulties than the Alien parts.
>>
>>377494109
The guy who reviewed it for IGN literally died over a hundred times to the alien because he kept hiding in nothing but lockers. It's baffling
>>
best use of Chromatic abberation in gaming, since its used to make it look and feel like an old 80's vhs is playing.

also all the graphic design on.. well everything was on point as fuck for the original Alien movie, only problem with the plot is we know almost exactly how this ends out for Ripley's daughter, she fucks off and dies of old age.
>>
File: 1476489460313.jpg (35KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476489460313.jpg
35KB, 624x480px
What if I'M the alien?
>>
>>377507801
I'm glad it allowed me to turn that garbage off.

Chromatic Aberration is the new visual cancer, my eyes are not fucking shitty cameras.
>>
>>377505917
>No proof
Fuck off
>>
>>377507869
If it's anything other than terrestrial contact then we are technically the aliens.
>>
>>377508165
just because you weren't in that thread doesn't mean it didn't happen, fuckwit. two or three other guys posted about how they'd killed the alien in similar ways to him, and how the game just poof'd a new one into existence.

>>377506047
yeah, but the problem is the alien doesn't have to come out of hibernation in the hivem, and then come out to the last place the one patroller left out of hibernation was. ( we don't even know how the ayyliums even communicate, would the hive even KNOW you'd taken out their sentry if you spaced the fucker? far away from the hive where any noise or smells couldn't possibly carry back to the hive?)

instead of having any kind of behind the scenes ai governing the alien behaviour so that actually playing SMART and taking out the alien can buy you a few HOURS at least of breathing room, the game just POOF's the new one into existence right next to you 5 minutes later
>>
File: IMG_3112.gif (851KB, 570x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3112.gif
851KB, 570x498px
Covenant was pretty good.
>>
>/v/ hates this game

nice, that means it must be good. I heard it's hard at this area called "medbay" or some shit so it's probably kids who died to the alien and ragequit.
>>
>>377484782
millennial don't like being scared
>>
>>377508878
>landing on uncharted planet
>don't even wear a simple hazard protection

Same fucking mistake from Prometheus, what have been pointed out by everyone, and they are done it again
BRAVO
>>
I do consider it the best survival horror game of the generation and best horror game of the decade period, it's fantastic.

That said there are some issues, game seems a bit too long, there's too much focus on robots, especially later on. And the story is jerked around too much.
I mean there's the part where the alien sets off that giant explosive trap and you have to escape the burning room. You'd think "Oh wow the alien just blew up, I guess the next part of the game will focus on other enemies and obstacles."
But no, the VERY NEXT AREA starts with the alien massacring a bunch of dudes.
>>
>>377508718
>not a single video or picture online of anyone killing the alien (outside of the scripted endgame)
>but my anecdotal example of some long-gone thread should be proof enough!`
>>
>neo-/v/ unironically shits on based alien isolation while linking redditlettermedia shit

why do I even bother coming here
>>
File: 1484329036588.gif (2MB, 308x267px) Image search: [Google]
1484329036588.gif
2MB, 308x267px
>>377510347
Its just cunts from /tv/ who don't even play games that are shitting on it.
You notice that all of the ones shitting on it know very little about games and say stupid shit like "kino" and other crap its very easy to spot them.
>>
>>377484782
I really liked isolation, and if people on the internet didn't that's ok with me
>>
>>377510615
Way to spot Sonybro, enjoy yours movies
>>
>>377496334
Kek safety first
>>
>>377511082
What? what does Sony got to do with anything I said?
>>
>>377485469
it never becomes fully resistant, the flamethrower will still work to some degree
>>
>>377509573
>Same fucking mistake from Prometheus, what have been pointed out by everyone, and they are done it again
Are people really this retarded?
Where are you people coming from?
>>
>>377499784

Did you play the game? the game plays more like a traditional horror than a youtuber reaction shit.

Most youtubers can´t even finish it because they have to use the brain to do so.
>>
File: OPqvXxG.jpg (440KB, 1463x1485px) Image search: [Google]
OPqvXxG.jpg
440KB, 1463x1485px
>>377493486
I like how the say there are no tools except hiding in closets.

Maybe they didn't realize you could craft stuff and use it?
>>
I kind of feel bad I pirated it, I'm pretty sure it's the only pirated game I've ever actually finished. I recommended it to everyone I could because it was a good game
>>
>>377499358
I feel it was kind of a necessity to have the Alien behave as a wandering bumbling that walks around the ship instead of it being what it was in the movies.

In a game where the alien behaved like in the movies, you would never see the thing at all. You would just walk somewhere and then instantly die everytime - no warnings or noises.

Think when the alien drops goo from a vent and kills you if you walk beneath it. Remove the goo, add that kind of thing for vents, shafts, floor boards, ceiling padding and basically anything where the alien can hide and you've got the game
>>
>>377513526
What is so retarded in what I said?
>>
The defense force surrounding this game is hilarious
>>
>>377516506
And the faggots who shit on it can only post a shit video from two hack movie critics who don't know anything about games.
Fuck off back to /tv/ you fag.
>>
There's a funny contrast of sorts between people who like the survival horror as in Resident Evil, Dead Space and so on and the stealth-horror, as I'd like to call games such as Penumbra, Amnesia, Outlast and SOMA and Alien:Isolation.

Some of the former aren't scary at all, are you telling me that Resident Evil 4 is good horror? It's a great game but not really remotely scary, tense it may be but it was more of a silly funny game than a horror game. What about Dead Space? That series is not scary, not in a million years.
>>
>>377484782
I own it, but I haven't played it. Mostly because I'm a scared little bitch when it comes to these types of games.
>>
>>377484782
>You DID play it, right?
Yeah, great game, good addition to Alien-verse.
Agree with 'too-long' anon >>377485279 though.
Not because of flame thrower but because the game needed some more variation or a few hours less of 'enter area - repair broken down systems - continue to next area' game play.
>>
>>377484782
Will I like SOMA if I enjoyed alien iso?
>>
>>377516694
Now that's some projecting, way to prove his point
>>
>>377484782
I have it installed but haven't got around to playing it yet.
>>
>>377516783
>hurr durr durr hurr not scary fact

What is scary is entirely subjective, so trying to argue what is scary and what isn't always unconditionally makes you look like a fuckface.
>>
Gave up after a few hours. It looks amazing and is probably the best Alien game, but the whole hide and seek rng gimmick really doesn't work for too long
>>
>>377519689
Dead Space isn't scary, it has no atmosphere at all, game plays a specific music when monsters are arond, plus they're extremely predictable. It sucks just like FEAR as a horror game, they're shooters of different kinds with horror elements.
>>
>>377484782

Because its dogshit. You spend 90% of the fucking game crouching
>>
File: 1471327063948.jpg (455KB, 1434x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1471327063948.jpg
455KB, 1434x1920px
>this thread again
>with the same first replies
Fuck you marketer.
>>
Reminder that the last survivor DLC is literally the most beautiful thing you can play at the current time
Pirate the game just for that alone and try the rest if you like it but fuck me it's so pretty
The sound design oh god
>>
File: 1492917183645.jpg (8KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
1492917183645.jpg
8KB, 355x355px
>>377520007
>Marketer
>For a 2 year old game.

Truly this anon gets it.
>>
I dropped the game the moment I killed someone and the game didn't let me pick up their gun to kill the others. It was already dead boring before that, then it was just getting stupid. I quit while I was ahead.
>>
File: 1452655098987.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452655098987.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>377484782
I got too scared once you see the Alien for the first time and you need to take the train.
>>
>>377484782
I think one of the best things about this game were to two isolated AI's. As a developer myself I was fucking amazed how well made it was to "evolve and adapt" while being constantly near you without supernatural knowdledge except a basic direction.

It was a perfect technical realization to plan the dose of tension and horror.
>>
>>377520876
>the fucking noises when you're waiting for the tram to arrive
>the alien comes out at a set time and depending on how long you take to get into the tram you either see it just poking out a vent, dropping from it, or fucking turning to look at you as you mash the button to fuck off
I have literally only pissed myself once since primary school and it was playing this game
Fuck
>>
File: muh favorite.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
muh favorite.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
>>377484782
Game is dark as fuck I can hardly see anything even with lights turned off in the room and TV brightness on the max.
The game is boring as shit. The prologue with no monsters or anybody is too damn long. I Dropped the game after 2 hours of wondering in dark lifeless corridors and got back to the game only half a year later. And when the Alien finally arrives he turns out to be annoing piece of retarded shit and not a perfect space predator. He always spawns in the next room even if you saw how he ran to the other side of the map. He is absolutely retarded and wanders around randomly and randomly he either sees and hears you from the orbit of the fucking moon or completely ignores when you're fucking hitting him with a wrench. As a result because he is basically a random one-shot death you have to cross a 5-meter room for 40 minutes hiding under the table from him every 5 seconds. Or and fucking checkpoints. The Xenofaggot spawned right out of your ass when you were just in an arms length from the objective? Well then, say goodbye to 40 minutes of progress and welcome to the last checkpoint faggot. Oh, and also our combat system is shit because it's a horror game and since we have an absolutely shit stealth system the most effective way to dealing with any other type of enemy apart from the Alien is ignore them and simply run to the objective. Otherwise it will take you 100 years to pass the section stealthily and dying gangraped by enemies 200+ times in the process.
And since every fucking AAA-turd needs to have things that are treandy het ready and eat a huge shit-sandwich of crafting, because minecraft.
>>
File: 1491957279222.jpg (110KB, 640x805px) Image search: [Google]
1491957279222.jpg
110KB, 640x805px
>ywn impregnate the alien
>>
>>377520876
I honestly wasn't expecting the ayy to show up this early in the game because of the hand holding prior to that and bald man died in cutscene.

I nope'd so hard when he dropped from the ceiling.
>>
>>377508878
I am not a fan of David being the creator of xenomorphs.
>>
>>377521879
It absolutely destroys the mystique of the alien being some incomprehensible otherwordly being.
>>
The sound design and graphics is gorgeous.
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.