[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix the P5 Cast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 469
Thread images: 79

File: 1435166608-persona-5.jpg (2MB, 2047x1479px) Image search: [Google]
1435166608-persona-5.jpg
2MB, 2047x1479px
>>
>>377329563
You don't? They're fine as is
>>
Launch Morgana into the sun.
>>
>>377329563
It's still better than the cast of P4 so it should be fine
>>
>>377329668
>>377329716
what's with this victim complex?

>i-it's better than the other shit game
>>
>>377329563
Give them more events. It's lacking compare to the 3/4 cast and you really don't get a sense that they're friends that do stuff not PT related
>>
>>377329563
Tl;DR: fanfiction-tier wish fulfillment.
>>
Just have every party member join quicker. Considering palaces aren't even about them anymore just introduce two per palace, then you can work on adding more banter.
>>
Not lock their confidants off because "muh calling card".
>>
They're all fine as it is but they just need more events together
>>
Needed more group hijinks, after the SpookyFutaba sequence nothing really memorable sticks out.
>>
>>377329668
>>377329716
>i luv those bland characters
>makoto/Ann is me weifu
Please kill yourselves
>>
let me have sex with the twins and also that other little girl
>>
File: all day errday at your junes.jpg (80KB, 300x353px) Image search: [Google]
all day errday at your junes.jpg
80KB, 300x353px
>>377329563
Remove Ann & Ryuji, due to being the standard "bro" girl & guy we've retreaded on before in the last two games

Make more use of the remaining cast's talents (Yusuke's artistry, Makoto's intuition/connection/ Haru's money & power)

Don't have them have all agree with the direction of the Phantom Theives (Makoto is a lawfag, Yusuke/Futaba are somewhat chaos, etc.)

Haru actually changes when her father dies, has resentment, goals, etc. rather than nothing at all.

Make Goro less blatantly evil/traitor & moreso of an actual rival. A detective that actually seems to be tailing thieves rather than some kid who stumbles into being an assassin because "muh daddy"
>>
Everyone got way too damn serious business after Futaba's palace.
>>
Their fine as is, just expand on Goro and Haru and present Goro's backstory differently, like spreading it throughout the game,rather than putting it all in Shido's Palace.
>>
>>377332975
Good post. I like the cast as it is and they're way better developed than P4's cast ever was, but there's definitely room for improvement.
>>
>>377329563
Introduce best girl (Haru) 3 months earlier.
>>
>>377332975

>Goro completely disappears despite "offscreen death" cliche

They totally scrapped his redemption arc for a re-release didn't they?
>>
>>377334676
>better developed

Where was Ann, Ryuji, Yusuke, Haru and Akechi's development in the main game after their introduction?

Why are people pretending Atlus did well with the cast?
>>
>>377335128

>pegged Yusuke as "the annoying autist" when first introduced
>ends up becoming my favorite male teammate because of Futaba banter and having a confidant arc that wasn't total garbage
>>
>>377329563
Just let haru join earlier and thats it. Also let Akechi be friends
>>
>>377332975
>Don't have them have all agree with the direction of the Phantom Theives (Makoto is a lawfag, Yusuke/Futaba are somewhat chaos, etc.)

This is the most important.
Futaba outright joined to use her power to seek vengeance, whereas say Makoto wants true justice, alongside her sister & dead dad.

There are conflicts of ideology that could be brought up more than never.
>>
File: 1335976871055.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335976871055.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>Haru now meets the group and joins the Phantom Thieves at the start of the Futaba arc
There, job done.
>>
>>377334834
>Redeeming a literal murderer who tried to kill the leader of your group
>>
>>377335128
>Why are people pretending Atlus did well with the cast?

They didn't, it's just better than P4. But significantly worse than P3's use of its cast.
>>
>>377335392
Where's the conflict? Futaba wants the culprits brought to justice, Makoto wants to bring culprits to justice. It's not like Futaba is planning a murderous rampage.
>>
>>377330330
This
>>
File: 1494952378060.jpg (23KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
1494952378060.jpg
23KB, 1024x585px
>Atlus
>writing good characters

Name ONE (1) GAME where they accomplished this, zero 1 dimensional bullshit.
>>
File: Furry Snow Dinosaurs.jpg (18KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
Furry Snow Dinosaurs.jpg
18KB, 400x305px
>>377335491
>Who is Adachi for $500
>>
>>377335491

You know he doesn't have to get away with his shit for that kind of resolution, right?

I was half-expecting him to confess his bullshit and go to prison to bail you out at the end since Sae basically set that whole thing up on a platter that went empty.
>>
I'm probably just stupid but I never really understood why Haru was even there. It's like "I have this power so I'll tag along too I guess".

She should have been the traitor, that would have been interesting.
>>
File: 12312314124123.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
12312314124123.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>377329563
You cant even organize your room, OP.. how do you hope to fix anything at all?
>>
>>377335524
Yeah but no reason to bring up P4. Shit was still handle poorly and they had longer time to write than P4, they had zero reasons to fuck up with Haru the same way they did with Naoto but worse
>>
>>377335737
She should have just joined earlier so she could really build up trust with the cast. With it being her first Phantom Thieves gig and her having just met the team, she should have been a LOT more suspicious that they might have killed her father, be it intentionally or accidentally.
>>
>>377335524
>it's just better than P4.

In what way other than "I've always hated P4 so this game I waited 8 years for can't possibly be worse"?
>>
>>377335783
I literally rearranged my room today anon. Feeling refreshed.
>>
>>377335737
Because they helped her with het father so she's staying as well. Honestly, other than Futaba, none of them had any reasons to stick around.
>>
>>377336289
>of them had any reasons to stick around.

Ann,Ryuji and Morg with MC literally made the group. Yusuke should have been more useful with his art but he designed the calling cards, Makoto is just there so they can keep tabs on the police force so she's more of a tool but haru, bitch isn't even using her money for the team in their operations and basically has zero use or effect
>>
>>377336571
You are mixing up motivations with what they actually did for the group.

And I forgot Ryuji and Ann only cared about making the phantom thieves famous. Which is a shit reason anyway.
>>
File: 1494693232604.jpg (51KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1494693232604.jpg
51KB, 500x508px
>>377336289
>none of them had any reasons to stick around.
Makoto was sticking around hoping that eventually they'd be able to help her sister as she'd already looked in to her and found out she had a palace. Honestly, what a good sister Makoto is. Sae's abusive as fuck to her and she still cares about her a lot. Joker, Ann and Ryuji are basically there because they made the group and Morgana is there because of the deal he made with all of them+he wanted to get the bottom of what his origins were. Honestly the character with the least amount of reason to stick around is Yusuke and I think the game even acknowledges this itself because in the van he says "if it's more work count me out"
>>
>>377336913
>no Haru tracksuit costume
why even live
>>
>>377329563
they need depth and flaws, something Atlus hasn't had much interest in doing since Persona 3.

P4 makes a token effort at giving them depth via each character's dungeon and a secret fear/insecurity of theirs, but then those flaws are slapped with a bandaid and not once brought up again. I don't think they ever even hint at Chie and Yukiko's extremely unhealthy codependency again after the first dungeon. Kanji's gayness is only ever brought up for gags. Naoto's gender issues culminate in her just letting you pick her gender for her, basically (wear girl uniform or not)

P5 doesn't even try at depth for the main cast. Which is partially because there is just so much to fucking do in the game that the 30 seconds you spend with your teammates every so often are very forgettable

and they don't really have anything interesting going on in their lives. ann, and makoto's social links are like the most mundane, unremarkable shit. at least Haru and Sojiro have passions they actively pursue. ryuji's social link has stuff happen which is nice but i just didn't care about ryuji at all. but at the very least he resolves an actual arc and fixes the damage left by kamoshida which ties him properly into the main plot

morgana's social link is the weirdest one cuz unlike Teddie he has no room to grow, Ranks Up entirely at random after muttering to himself in bed, and the revelation of his identity is the flattest, weakest handwave ever
>>
Introduce them all sooner so they can actually have good interactions as a full group.

Hell could just have you start with all of them except Futaba and Goro. And Goro I'd give more presence in the cognitive world from the start. On the book cover he's chasing the party as the only one capable of solving "crimes" committed in the cognitive world with neither able to tell who is who under anime masks and it's not like normal cops would believe the whole cognitive world shit, but still doing his assassin shit on the underside.
>>
>>377335524
The cast members not named Futaba, Ryuji, or Mona get literally no development or are irrelevant past or during their dungeon. None way in hell is the group as a whole is better than 4. Only Futaba and Yusuke by themselves are better than the 3/4 cast and that's because they feel like a 3/4 character.
>>
>>377329901
They aren't friends, simply aquaintences that orbit around Joker. They all clearly state they have their own motivation for being in the group that doesn't really relate to the other members. It explains why nobody follow up attacks or combine attacks with anyone other than him.
>>
>>377329862
That's not what a victim complex is.
>>
make makoto real, and my girlfriend
>>
File: 786786876876.jpg (138KB, 796x1200px) Image search: [Google]
786786876876.jpg
138KB, 796x1200px
>>377337087
>No tracksuits, no proper school uniforms, no Makoto in bloomers.
FIX IT ATLUS.
>>
>>377338039
>They aren't friends, simply aquaintences that orbit around Joker.
The 4 cast did nothing but suck Yu's dick but they still came off as good friends. This is the problem with 5, they have no chemistry with each other so you have no reason to care for them.
>>
File: 1494965698820.png (1MB, 1002x637px) Image search: [Google]
1494965698820.png
1MB, 1002x637px
Well first you need to fix the boring ass entire premise before you touch the characters
>>
File: P520thAnniversary (2).jpg (442KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
P520thAnniversary (2).jpg
442KB, 1280x720px
>>377338627
Persona 4 keeps saying that they are good friends so you believed it, eventhough they really did nothing to demonstrate their friendship aside meaningless banter
In P5 they cooperate with each other all the time to help the PT and put a crazy plan to save their leader and the world. In the end they all walk up (or dirve up) togerther because that's where they belong.
P5 doesn't need filler events to pretend they are friends, they demonstrate it in the actual story
>>
>>377338627
I'm not talking about how much they pander to the MC. It's obvious characters like Yukiko and Chie are friends even outside your group. I can't imagine most of the cast in 5 ever hanging out with anyone else if Joker is not involved and I believe that's intentional given how they don't even interact in combat, a feature that was in the previous game. They aren't meant to be best friends like in 4, just members of the same group.
>>
>>377338883
Premise is ok but execution is the issue
>>
>>377329563
Eh they're fine, just give them more R&R events and random chatter dialogue in safe rooms.
>>
>>377336913
Being from the start isn't even a real reason. Aside of their first personal reason, most of them stuck because they had the power, so they had no reason not to do it. Only difference was that Haru did so during the last 30% of the game, while the rest right at the start.
>>
>>377338037
4's cast had literally zero development after their initial shadow, even just half the cast of P5 having development is a massive improvement from it.
>>
>>377339382
>even just half the cast of P5 having development

Literally where is this development? The only P5 cast member to develop as a character is Futaba and that's because she's agoraphobic, she needed to so she could go outside with the group. Even she doesn't change too much, the cast makes adjustments for her changing their hideout to Leblanc, they don't really go anywhere that has too many people and even if they do Joker and Makoto are there so she isn't by herself.
>>
>>377335491
Worked for Adachi.

Plus you can tell there's scrapped potential due to not only his off-screen death, but nobody mentioning him again afterwards except Sae who only comments that he's missing.
>>
>>377329696
This.

I'm in september and ive been there for weeks. I think i might actually be dive with the game because I've had enough cringing at this retarded cat
>>
>>377339692
Akechi killed more people and had even worse motivation.
>>
>>377338313
>Makoto's plump ass in those short shorts

I want this now.
>>
>>377339075
Expect that's the opposite. 5 tells you that the cast are friends. 4 shows it. Also the terrible Velvet Room scene is fucking retarded. Everyone is ready to risk there lives because Joker gives them a 2 dialogue prep talk and go completely 180. And everyone has a pity party for Goro despite him working for Shido and almost killing Joker. The 5 cast are fucking terrible retards.
>>
File: 1493776574373.png (183KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493776574373.png
183KB, 872x632px
remove morgana
>>
>>377339901
For the Record, no one is saying his redemption will make him innocent. Adachi was a full on SL in golden but he still went to prison.
>>
>>377329563
By replacing them with the only good persona cast.
>>
>>377339939
>Le pity party meme again

Stop.
All they do is acknowledge his tragic upbringing that lead him to choose the path be did. But they straight out say that didn't excuse his actions and that they can never forgive him.
>>
>>377339939
Everyone has a pity party for Akechi because he's a misguided kid with no friends that ultimately gave up his life to save the cast

Retard
>>
>>377340095
I'm saying there's no point in redemption, he's a terrible fucking character. Adachi was actually somewhat relatable, and thus his rehabilitation with scenes like Dojima visiting him in prison are touching. Akechi is a fucking insane spoiled brat, the part where the Phantom Thieves are trying to get him to join their group and praising him is one of the cringiest things I've ever gad to experience in gaming. There's nothing to redeem here, he should be dead. He isn't, though. He'll be alive, appear in the spinoffs and Atlus is going to attempt to redeem him. For fucks sake.
>>
>>377329563
make mc more edgy and have him betray group, or vice versa
>>
>>377339939
They're geniuses compared to the Scooby doo gang in 4
>Everyone is ready to risk there lives because Joker gives them a 2 dialogue prep talk and go completely 180.
The only thing Joker did was make them remember of their motivation, not like they did a 180
>>
Persona 4 and 5 are the exact same game, except 4 does everything better. I'm pretty sure /v/ is just pretending the opposite because they've just never liked P4 so P5 can't POSSIBLY be worse. I have bad news for you all, /v/.
>>
>>377329563
Make everyone stop treating Ryuji like shit for "comedy".
>>
>>377339595
Ryuji goes from having a good motivation to being seduced by fame, to recognizing his mistakes and becoming a good bro again

Ann's development is all in the first arc and in her confidant, it's shallow

Makoto develops in the main story and in her confidant.

Morgana develops as his confidant evolves

Yusuke develops in his arc and in his confidant. His confidant is top tier

Futaba has pratically two confidants for herself

Haru is the only one lacking development
>>
File: 1494436793926.gif (2MB, 540x439px) Image search: [Google]
1494436793926.gif
2MB, 540x439px
make morganna a regular cat that doesnt talk and just sits in joker's bag
>>
>>377332417
This, also the events shouldn't involve mention of the PT. Let the characters enjoy themselves.
>>
>>377340160
So are you going to post them anytime soon?
>>
>>377341146
This. I'm still mad about what happens at the end of Shido's dungeon.
>>
>>377341079
Really hot arguments there, buddy
If you think that the
>combat
>social aspects
>main villain
>cast
>pacing
are worse than P4, you're an extremely mentally challenged
Then again, I'm sure you, as a contrarian with refined tastes, shat on P4 when it was popular all the same
>>
>>377338883
The premise is one of the best I've ever seen but the execution is god-awful. For one thing, stealing should have posed some kind of penalty to you
>>
>>377341290
Character development that happens in Confidants don't count as the main story has to ignore they happened. The same thing is a problem in P4 and something that countless people complained about, too bad Atlus didn't fix it.
>>
>>377341079
>Persona 4 and 5 are the exact same game, except 4 does everything better
>P4fags crawling out of the woodwork
Your game isn't relevant anymore. Go away
>>
>>377341428
Only if you post nudes of your mom.
>>
>>377341290
Makoto's social link can't even be called development. That shit was an abomination and waste of time maxing charm.
>>
>>377341448
>Ryuji risks his own life to save everyone else, almost dies
>Everyone is sad
>He comes back a minute later to tell them he's fine, he just had to find them first
>Everyone gets angry and beats the shit out of him because that's a funny joke, right

>Morgana doesn't even do anything at the end of the game and then disappears
>Lets everyone think he's dead for months just because he wants to wait for a good time to show up again
>OH MORGANA YOU SILLY CAT, WE CAN'T GET MAD AT YOU
>>
>>377341561
Confidants are part of the game and they're all canon. It's why Chie wants to become a cop in P4A for example
>>
>>377341835
You don't need to lie. Makoto clearly develops even if the link is about her caring for a member of her student body
>>
>>377341463
>social aspects
Yes
>main villain
Hell fucking yes. The only good thing about Shido was his boss music, you can tell he's bad because all /v/ does with him is reuse Armstrong memes with Shido instead. Adachi is LEAGUES better than Akechi. Akechi is by far the worst character in this series.

>cast
Yes, P4's cast is better. P5's cast is fucking bland, they don't develop and they don't act like friends.

>pacing
P4 moved along at a much better pace than P5, the arbitrary deadlines P5 gives to you destroys the pacing of the game, this is how P5 goes

>Get a new dungeon
>Beat it in one day
>No plot development for 20+ ingame days
>Then plot dump that lasts like an hour with the player with the player being entirely railroaded for the duration
>Then a new dungeon
>Repeat until the game is over

>>377341928
Nope. Social Links and Confidants are not canon. They can't be because they're technically optional.
>>
>>377342070
Ok.
>Let's go to the arcade.
>Hey, I made friends with some idiotic girl!!! Now enjoy the rest of the social link be about her.

Haven't finished Ann's yet but this takes the trophy to worst social link.
>>
>>377342110
Neither Shido, Akechi nor Adachi are the main villains of their respective games
P4 had the same exact deadlines with the foggy days
P4's cast sucked your dick the entire way through and all character development that ever happened was during their dungeons, excluding Teddie, obviously
>>
>>377329563
remove ann. fucking whore
>>
>>377335615
I liked the characters from digital devil saga.
>>
I don't think you can fix the characters without completely changing the story of the game which is the real problem. It focuses way too hard on the main story at the sacrifice of player choice (free time) and character development.
>>
>>377342517
P5's cast doesn't even have the courtesy to suck your dick.

> all character development that ever happened was during their dungeons
This is still better than literally no development at all like Persona 5. Aside from maybe Futaba.

If you want me to only talk about the True Ending bosses, then yes, P4's was better than P5's.
>>
>>377342606
No.
>>
>>377342691
>le gas station attendant asspull
>>
>>377342819
>Le everything was a game so that's why this game has so much shit writing and plot holes.

Yes, P4's is better.
>>
>>377342110
Confidants > SLs

Shido > Adachi > Akechi

I do agree Akechi is a shit. Shido is a good villain

P5 cast > P4 cast
P4 cast is awfully tropey and has Teddie. While Morgana CAN be annoying he is nowhere near Teddie's level of annoyance

The P5 cast are friends, acting as if they aren't is a disservice to the game and shows you didn't play it all. Of course their social events will be more modest compared to the IT since their work as PT isn't a hobby like what the IT dos and they're outlaws who can't stand out

>P4 moved along at a much better pace
It didn't. P5 has a great start, dies down a little then gets good again in the middle, loses a little power in Setember only to get good again in October

P4 only gets interesting in November

>P5 was like this
Same dynamic as P4. I don't see anything wrong with it

>Confidants are canon
They're canon because they're all relevant to end game. It's canon that Joker bonded with everyone he needed to and Yu also bonded with everyone to get the World card
>>
>>377342974
name TWO plotholes :)^
>>
File: 1491888531206.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491888531206.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>377340531
>doesn't give any real reason why Akechi sucks
>calls Adachi relatable
fuck off
>>
>>377342691
Yalby >>> Inazami

>>377342436
Eiko isn't the center of the social link. It's Makoto. It just so happens that you're helping her help her new friend

It's better than Yukiko's and Fuuka's bland cooking shit in P4 and P3 respectively and you still get insight on things like Makoto's dreams and her relationship with her father
>>
>>377342974
P4's shit was a game too though and the Golden edition has fucking Marie. P4 is clearly the inferior game
>>
>>377341290
>Ann's development is all in the first arc and in her confidant, it's shallow
>Makoto develops in the main story and in her confidant.
>Morgana develops as his confidant evolves
>Yusuke develops in his arc and in his confidant. His confidant is top tier
>Futaba has pratically two confidants for herself
>Haru is the only one lacking development

All confident garbage that aren't acknowledged in the main story, Ryuji is a completely different character in his compared to main story

>>377343095
>They're canon because they're all relevant to end game.

You literally don't understand shit, the development of the characters in their confidents are not consistent with the mains story.

Why do you think Mishima is replaced with a literal who at the end game scene? If it was canon he would be there regardless if you maxed him or not. You're dumb as shit
>>
>>377343141
The Phantom Thieves do an absolutely terrible job of hiding the fact that they're the Phantom Thieves. This culminates in the final Calling Card they send to Shido where they show their faces and then proceed to walk around in public the next day.

Naoto and Mitsuru both have jobs that basically require them to investigate things like the incidents that are happening in Persona 5. Seemingly the only reason why they aren't in the game is because they aren't part of Yaldabaoth's game.

>>377343383
Adachi's entire personality is relatable. He's a bad person and a manchild, but you can feel for him even if he's wrong. Akechi is someone who got gifted a super power and then used it to kill people. The reason we're supposed to feel bad for him is 20 minutes before you fight him he tells you his dad is Shido and that his mom is dead. Adachi is relatable because P4 as a whole is considerably more grounded than P5 is. Akechi is an over the top anime villain, it's hard to feel anything for him at all.
>>
>>377343095
>They're canon because they're all relevant to end game

No, they're not. If they were canon the game would acknowledge him. Mishima's endgame scene when fight Yaldabaoth is replaced with a completely random person. If his Confidant was canon he'd still do it regardless. The game assumes you didn't spend time with Mishima because that's what it has to do.
>>
>>377343095
>The P5 cast are friends
Ann and Ryuji seem like they're friends, but they're an established pairing before you even get to Tokyo.

Haru is not friends with anyone in the cast besides Joker

Yusuke is not friends with anyone in the cast besides Joker.

The only other friendship you MIGHT be able to count is Makoto treating Futaba as her little sister. They're certainly not a cohesive group at all.
>>
>>377329563
give them actual personality rather than giving them a single personality trait and a fetish to pander to
>>
what a fucking terrible thread
>>
>>377340916
>>377339939

To be entirely fair, the worst ending of 4 is averted ENTIRELY by Jamal-Kun going "I dunno guys doesn't seem right" about five times.

The thing is p4 is still a good game for me, so is p3, so is p5. Lots of you don't like it, and that's fair enough.

But I ask you to at least consider (if you haven't already) that this reaction you're having isn't at least slightly motivated by the much more mainstream pickup the series got this time around? Do it for me, if it's not that then hopefully you can feel like you can tell this part of the series to fuck off.

Good luck though it'll be almost as clingy as P4
>>
File: futaba2.jpg (186KB, 850x1206px) Image search: [Google]
futaba2.jpg
186KB, 850x1206px
>>377329563
We dont. They are all really pretty good as they are. 5's main cast felt the most solid out of all the Persona games as far as their interactions and group dynamic go.

Individually some characters like Ann or Makoto could have re-tooled Social Links to make them a bit more engaging but really thats about it.
>>
>>377342110
>P4 moved along at a much better pace than P5, the arbitrary deadlines P5 gives to you destroys the pacing of the game, this is how P5 goes
Yeah right.
>We got time 3 weeks till fog pops up
>Victim will definitely be fine without food and water trapped in dimension which pull great strain on your body. I mean he got shadows to keep him/her company.
>If we save him day one he'll spend rest of the time hospitalized but if we save him on last day he'll be fine next day.
>>
File: 1494828100511.png (118KB, 680x370px) Image search: [Google]
1494828100511.png
118KB, 680x370px
>>377329563
By doing nothing. Can't fix what ain't broke. It's a great cast of characters.
>>
>>377344141
>Yusuke is not friends with anyone in the cast besides Joker.

To start with but Yusuke is there long enough to develop a good dymanic with the rest of the group.

His banter with Futaba is some of the best in the game.

Haru might have fared the same had she joined the cast a bit sooner. Since she joined so late after too much development for the rest of the group, she unfortunately always came accross as a bit of an outsider for the rest of the game.
>>
>>377329563
All they really need to do is make Goro easier for the average limp dick to want to get inside
>>
>>377344412

>Most solid cast out of all the Persona games
>What is Innocent Sin?
>>
>>377344763
Innocent Sin stopped developing one of the party's mainstays no more than 15 minutes into the game. It's definitely impressive but I wouldn't call it solid
>>
>>377344560
It bugged me that when Mona was outside the metaverse his talk sprite didn't change too. They used it at the end so why couldn't they use it for the rest of the real world portions of the game. I was sure an old trailer had him using the cat sprite but maybe I'm misremembering.
>>
>>377344141
There's way more interaction inside the group thanks to the group chat
That alone makes the cast seem more like friends than just colleagues in P3/4
Not counting the half a dozen events where the crew gets together to study/chill in leblanc
>>
>>377344763
Not as good as P5 in cast is what Innocent Sin is.
>>
>>377343395
Fuuka's S.Link was much more enjoyable because the cooking thing only end up taking 3 ranks while the rest of it is focused solely on her own desires and aspirations, it doesn't need any third part interventions.

Makoto's on the other hand is spent mostly following her friend around and never really getting to talk to Makoto herself, she only opens up about herself a total of 3 times in her S.Link, compared to Fuuka's which is much more focused on herself.
>>
>>377344672
That if anything is one of the real fumbles of P5: It took far too long to give you your entire cast, it went back to p3 levels of delayed and frustrated character orgasm.

Combine this with the other fumble of giving you far too many "empty days" (Let's sleep today, something else P3 did, except with mystery illnesses that wipe out entire weeks and months) that could really, really be filled with content.

It felt a lot like while busy retooling a lot of things for the better they had to fall back on older tricks they'd actually improved on in P4. Fishing is a thing, but its hardly amazing. Think of how many side jobs and tasks there were in p4, compared to p5, its a lot less. Compare how the Hermit in p4 lets you interact with a wide base of different NPCs, which breathes a little local life into the game. Hell, think of the requests. Requests are now an anonymous "hey kill that guy for me" well great, and some of them branch off or have arcs, but its so underutilized.

In short I wrote all this because I'm going to get a six at the end of my post, and when you check it you're going to be really impressed and give me lots of (you)s, which will make people think my post was really intelligent.
>>
>>377344968

I'm going to need you to explain then. Maya, Lisa, and Eikichi are high walls to jump.
>>
>書くか?
>>
>>377343580
>All confident garbage that aren't acknowledged in the main story, Ryuji is a completely different character in his compared to main story
It's acknowledged by the end of it. P5A will treat the confidants as canon, which Ann will be on the path of being a serious model, Makoto will be trying to be a police chief etc...

Ryuji's main story development catches up to his confidant one in December

>
Why do you think Mishima is replaced with a literal who at the end game scene? If it was canon he would be there regardless if you maxed him or not. You're dumb as shit
You're retarded. Regardless of what the player does in his gameplay. Maxing all confidants is Canon. It's the same for P3 and P4 as well
>>
File: 1462192292288.jpg (33KB, 345x269px) Image search: [Google]
1462192292288.jpg
33KB, 345x269px
>>377345172
Lisa is so easily climbed pensioners can apply for a discount.
>>377345096
>>
>>377333639
A trip through the mind of someone that's planning on killing themselves is probably kinda traumatizing.
>>
>>377344960
Oh god the fucking group chat. The group chat is shit, it's just the same shit regurgitated for the entire game

>Hey Joker do you think it will be ok?
>I can't stop thinking about changing X's heart you think it will be ok?
>Did we really do the right thing?
>Where's Makoto?
>>
>>377344960
That's what felt wrong, almost all the friendly banter was contained to the phone chats. It's still a shame there weren't as many hangout scenes as in 4, probably would have helped.
>>
>>377329563
Make Ann a straight-up lesbian.
Give Ryuji some of the chill from his SL.
Introduce Haru properly at the fireworks rain-out, and have her actually interact with the group more prior to her integration.

Makoto, Yusuke and Futaba are all fine as-is.
>>
>>377343667
>Adachi is relatable
>>>/r9k/

>>377343796
It doesn't matter what the game assumes. The Canon version has the following
>ALL confidants maxed
>a fixed name for the protag
>No romance option chosen but all the girls with crushes on MC

You can play the game however you want but it won't be the version they'll use for sequels
>>
>>377329696
Are you sure? You must be tired, you should get some sleep first
>>
>>377344672
>His banter with Futaba is some of the best in the game.

Doesn't mean they're buddies
>>
>>377345406

Really, I think the best way to handle Haru is to make her a confidant first and then have her become a party member later. It'd really give you something to fucking do at school.
>>
>>377345448
Why is that P5fags resort to shitposting as opposed to actually addressing arguments?
>>
>>377345605
If they don't introduce the whole team in P6 before half the game is over then someone needs to have a serious talk with the devs.
>>
>>377345552
Yes it does. You have to be pretty good friends to be able to have bantz like that.

You'd understand this yourself if you actually had any friends.
>>
>>377344141
Good interactions in the group besides MC/party member
>Ryuji/Yusuke
>Ann/Yusuke
>Ann/Ryuji
>Makoto/Ann
>Makoto/Futaba
>Yusuke/Futaba
>Morgana/Ann
>Morgana/Ryuji
>Morgana/Haru
>Haru/Makoto

They're friends. Sometimes they even appear in each other's confiant
>Ryuji and Ann appear in Yusuke's rank 9
>Makoto appears in Futaba's rank 3
>Ryuji appears in Ann's rank 7
>>
>>377345448
>The Canon version has the following

You're still disregarding the fact the the character development in the confident ain't consistent with the main story, seem desperate bringing up non-existing sequels. Confident are just fluff to make the MC stronger
>>
File: 45654654654465.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
45654654654465.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>377345693
JUNPEI AND YUKARI ARE MORTAL ENEMIES. HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY BE FRIENDS WITH THOSE BURNS!!!!
>>
>>377345396
>ALL friendly banter is km the callphone
I take you didn't go to Mementos

>>377345096
Only Haru suffers from this problem actually.
>>
>>377345693
>You have to be pretty good friends to be able to have bantz like that

Bruv, he hardly said anything to her that would make it seem like they're friends, the only time they talk is when they're in the group chat or with the group, how can you consider being buddies with someone when you never interact 1 to 1?
>>
>>377345837
It's funny because one of the reasons people hate Yukari is because she's a bitch to Junpei. They're assholes to each other, but they have eachother's backs.
>>
>>377344975
>ranks while the rest of it is focused solely on her own desires and aspirations, it doesn't need any third part interventions.

And it was fucking boring. Basically just sucking up Fuuka's dick and encouraging her to accept her nerdy side. It's definitely worse than Makoto's

>
Makoto's on the other hand is spent mostly following her friend around and never really getting to talk to Makoto herself, she only opens up about herself a total of 3 times in her S.Link, compared to Fuuka's which is much more focused on herself.
I see you didn't actually play her confidant. Makoto opens up to you in rank 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10
>>
>>377332572
You sound like you're jealous of Ann-Koto getting the joker dick
>>
>>377345632
>shitposting
Adachi is literally /r9k/ incarnate.
>>377345759
It's consistent. The Canon story will take the confidants as canon therefore they are canon.

I can name my MC as Dumb McShit and it won't matter because that's not his canon name. I can ignore Mishima in my playthrough but that won't matter because it's canon that Joker finished all his confidants
>>
>>377346000
How do we know that they dont chat on their phones to eachother?

We dont. They clearly have a good relationship and are on jovial terms.
>>
>>377345686
Only Haru was introduced later and who fucking cares about Haru? She'll get more exposure in spin-offs anyway
>>
>>377346224
>and it was fucking boring

It was much more fun to see Fuuka open up slowly and steadily than seeing Makoto talk about her friend she just made and how she's obsessively looking after her
>Makoto opens up to you in rank 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10
With most of those being played as an afterthought, the main problem is always her stupid friend, her link leans heavily on that plot and it makes any times where she talks about herself look forced.
>>
File: 1495130100458.png (558KB, 1143x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495130100458.png
558KB, 1143x540px
Make Mementos banter uninterruptible by opening doors, there problem solved.
>>
>>377346608
This. Haru who? Everyone who mattered was introduced early on anyway
>>
>>377346735
Put it in normal dungeons as well.
>>
File: God tier fluff.png (399KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
God tier fluff.png
399KB, 450x450px
>>377346608

>Who cares about Haru?

Don't you dare speak of the cinnamon bun in that vulgar tone.
>>
File: 1495128794547.png (594KB, 1143x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495128794547.png
594KB, 1143x540px
>>377346735
>>
>>377346735
>>377346786
Yes to both, fucking Christ.
>>
File: 1494551211358.png (293KB, 639x338px) Image search: [Google]
1494551211358.png
293KB, 639x338px
>>377346786
Yeah they could easily put any not related to driving cars or mementos itself (like talking about hearing voices or the wind inside the tunnels) inside normal dungeons
>>
File: 1494805271908.png (647KB, 1143x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494805271908.png
647KB, 1143x540px
That's fine Makoto, just don't treat Futaba like how your older sister treats you.
>>
>>377346735
FUCKING THIS. Shitty ass Mementos had the best banter for some unknown reason. Why couldn't the main game have any of this?
>>
File: 1494787905163.png (827KB, 936x868px) Image search: [Google]
1494787905163.png
827KB, 936x868px
>>377346964
Makoto wants to monopolize the NEET.
>>
Makoto killed the group dynamic immediately when she joined. I don't want to be one of those guys who tries to force hifumi as party member but since yusuke was from a different school it felt like they already weren't close, having more party members from different schools could've given them more opportunities to bring them together more often. Or just make yusuke a shujin academy student.
>>
>Send morgana into the sun
>Make Akechi actually back with loki as his persona
>>
>>377346704
Fun is subjective. You might've liked Fuuka's link but it bored me to tears, so let's not argue about this concept.

>slowly and steadily than seeing Makoto talk about her friend she just made and how she's obsessively looking after her
But that's not what happened. Her care for her friend ties into her sense of justice and in her resolution to aim for the police force. It's better than a 7 ranks of "maybe you should try this other thing you're good at, Fuuka?" IMO

>With most of those being played as an afterthought, the main problem is always her stupid friend, her link leans heavily on that plot and it makes any times where she talks about herself look forced.
Yes, and? The plot has a good outcome that showcases Makoto's development in "street smarts" and in her resolve. I don't need to have her doubts and motivationa hammered into me for 9 ranks before she makes progress
>>
>>377346790
She'd make a great mother harlot.
That's it
>>
>>377345948
Whatever, most of the friendly banter. It doesn't help that opening doors/chests and fighting enemies immediately cancels the talking so you have to actively avoid doing anything but driving to listen to any of it.
>>
>>377346790
Fuck off, irrelevant piece of shit
>>377346786
Normal dungeons already have too much dialogue
>>
File: never ever hifumi fags.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
never ever hifumi fags.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>377347062
>I'm not racist buuuut.
>>
>>377347057
I can kind of see why they did it, to be honest. There's different context between doing a Palace and doing Mementos. You might not be even in Mementos to specifically do a request and are just trying to get to the bottom of it, so it's a good time for some banter. Going through a palace is more like "work" or might just be emotional for some characters if not all of them, so banter isn't appropriate.
>>
Anyone have the mementos dialogue where Makoto suggests that everyone stays hydrated by bringing water with them to Mementos and Yusuke responds that he already thought of that and filled his plastic bottle with tap water before coming over?
I always like it when there's a Yusuke is dirt poor joke.
>>
>>377347308
Yeah, just ignore my entire post, why don't you. Or the alternative where hifumi wouldn't become a party member. I guess that one didn't fit your narrative so it's only natural to ignore it.
>>
File: 1495110568364.png (307KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495110568364.png
307KB, 512x512px
>>377347293
>Normal dungeons already have too much dialogue
There's literally nothing in normal dungeons apart from cutscenes and the one liners about how easy the fight was after beating enemies.
>>
>>377347245
Whenever something new came up I stopped what I was doing and listened to it. Is it that hard?
>>377347062
>Makoto killed the party dynamic
Nice meme
>Hifumi
If anything she should've replaced Haru
>>
>>377347478
>Is it that hard?
Not when it pops up just as you press x to ram an enemy. That happened to me far too many times.
>>
File: Lady Ann.jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Ann.jpg
56KB, 800x450px
>>377332975
I agree with most of this.

Though I think Ann and Ryuji still have potential, as far as fitting the theme of being genuine social outcasts who subverted expectations. But they didn't have much development outside of that.
>>
>>377347478
How would replacing haru help anything? Haru is a dead fucking character, she's completely irrelevant to anything. You could replace her with a fucking knife wielding dog and nothing would change. Makoto on the other hand negatively impacted the whole group dynamic. Once you fix that you can work on problems like haru being irrelevant.
>>
>>377347062
What purpose does making Yusuke go to a different school even have? The only thing that makes it worth it is when the fucker shows up in Hawaii not even missing a stride.
>>
>>377347474
They warn you everytime an enemy is close. Friendly banter would screw that up. They also have scenes where they'll talk with each other to resolve puzzles and progress

It's understandable since they are in work mode. Not everything needs to be 100% we're here to have fun!
>>
>>377329563
give them all cocks
>>
>>377347607
>But they didn't have much development outside of that.
I would have liked at least one comment from Ann about how girls in the class were approaching her in Hawaii just because they needed a translator. Then again, she's not the kind of person to hold a grudge unless you're a real piece of shit like Kamoshida.
>>
>>377347638
Imagine being so fucking deluded you can't even see how the character you impotent rage about has ties to Sae.
>>
>>377346598
>How do we know that they dont chat on their phones to eachother?

Because barely anyone does. Not at one point in the game you see them talking without the group around and blatantly obvious Futaba wouldn't hit him up randomly like she'd have a reason to or the other way round. You can believe your own fanfiction that they texted each other but shit ain't true.
>>
>>377347146
>It's better than a 7 ranks of "maybe you should try this other thing you're good at,
When's the last time you played P3 and did her S.Link? I your memory of it must be very faint if that's all you recall.
>. I don't need to have her doubts and motivation hammered into me for 9 ranks before she makes progress
Seeing someone improve little by little and finding new things about them is much better than that, that's exactly what Fuuka's S.Link did and it was a good way to show her growth.
>the plot has a good outcome
And awful execution.

My point is that Fuuka's cooking wasn't the focus of her S.Link, it was Fuuka herself, as it should be with every link.

You can use third parties from time to time if you need to help reflect the characters, and P5 does this already well with Ryuji, mainly because he was already tied with the people that show up in his Link, and it doesn't overshadow his own character in any way.

Makoto's is the opposite, her link introduces a complete stranger and that plot covers up most of her own character.
>>
>>377347753
So do sojiro and akechi.
>>
File: 1492912314288.gif (696KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1492912314288.gif
696KB, 600x338px
>>377335392
I think it would have helped if their targets had a bit more moral depth, or if they questioned the whole "forcing someone's personality to change" thing.

If say, Haru's father or Shido weren't completely evil, then there'd be an actual dispute over whether or not to steal their hearts. But the way things are, there isn't anything to really debate. The villains are monstrously evil, and no one dies if things go according to plan.
>>
>>377347929
>or if they questioned the whole "forcing someone's personality to change" thing.

They did before Okumura's dungeon.
>>
>>377329668
FPBP
>>
>>377347574
Accidents happen. They had so much to talk that I didn't miss screwing up one or two

>>377347638
>How would replacing haru help anything?
>Haru is a dead fucking character, she's completely irrelevant to anything
You answered your own question. Make Haru a confidant and Hifumi a party member who is introduced earlier together with Yusuke, make her have her arc later in the story and we can still keep Okumura's palace

>Makoto on the other hand negatively impacted the whole group dynamic.
Nice meme, you also didn't explain how she does that. If anything she added to it due to her relationship with Sae and her cute sister like relationship with Futaba .

>Once you fix that you can work on problems like haru being irrelevant.
Makoto is not a problem though.
>>
File: 126.png (634KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
126.png
634KB, 500x673px
>>377346735
>>377346823
The hell Haru?
>>
>>377347927
Please tell Sojiro to go copy her harddrive. How have you not killed yourself after over a month of getting your arguments destroyed over and over and over and over again?
>>
>>377347927
>Sojiro
Isn't part of the group
>Akechi
Traitor
>>
>>377348102
>You answered your own question
No I didn't. You wanna know why? Because you completely left out the context.
>Makoto killed the group dynamic immediately when she joined.
This is the problem. Fixing Haru doesn't solve this problem.
>>
>>377348153
Remove the hard drive copy scene, have futaba access the police database or whatever. Wow, sure was hard. Here's a bonus for you though. Have sae become a regular in the cafe where she works on her laptop, have sojiro hit on her while you extract the data. Wow, I must be a fucking genius.
>>
>>377347929
>I think it would have helped if their targets had a bit more moral depth
We do see a bit of that. The entire point is that they've had their "Desires Distorted", thus why they're all cartoonishly over-the-top when confronted.

We do see the idea of who they were before and besides these distortions explored somewhat; Madarame especially with Yusuke unable to completely let go of the positive memories he has, along with acknowledging that the man couldn't have simply /known/ he'd make a good meal-ticket, and that there thus must've been more to his raising him.

It would be nice to get some more of that though. Learn more about them and their pasts.
>>
File: 1494625448507.png (587KB, 600x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1494625448507.png
587KB, 600x1020px
>>377348145
She'll scare everyone in the spinoffs, even the older characters.
>>
Hifumi is one of the most boring characters in the entire game, why on earth are people saying she should be a party member? Add one of the adults or something. Imagine Kawakami as one of your party members. Hell, Ohya actually has ties to the main story, maybe you could give her a Persona.

Or you could simply just introduce Haru a little earlier and that would fix the problem too.
>>
>>377348545
>people
It's a select few turbo-spergs.
>>
Replace sae with Mistral
>>
File: 1493507106175.jpg (251KB, 612x504px) Image search: [Google]
1493507106175.jpg
251KB, 612x504px
>>377348015
But it's never really a long term moral issue for them.

The only one who really calls out their actions as brainwashing is Akechi, and that was just part of a facade he put on to justify his own insane agenda in the end.
>>
>>377348670
As in the French Mercenary Cyborg who gropes herself in public?
>>
>>377347852
Maybe you're a Fuukafag and your opinion is biased? Fuuka's link is nothing special, I recently replayed P3FES and it was just your typical P3 S.link which is to say, it's below average compared to the majority in P4 and P5

It was better than Yukiko's though. I'll give you that

>Seeing someone improve little by little and finding new things about them is much better than that, that's exactly what Fuuka's S.Link did and it was a good way to show her growth.
Fuuka didn't find new things. She always liked that stuff but she lacked the courage to actually pursue it because she felt it wasn't fit for her as a girl. Took too long for her to reach somewhere
>Awful execution
I particularly liked it. The Tsubasa guy was a real scumbag, I enjoyed standing up to him

>My point is that Fuuka's cooking wasn't the focus of her S.Link, it was Fuuka herself, as it should be with every link.
Stop, not every link is like that. Sojiro's Confidant was mostly about Futaba and it was still good. Sojiro was still developed

>Makoto's is the opposite, her link introduces a complete stranger and that plot covers up most of her own character.
Neither Eiko or Tsubasa overshadow Makoto in her confidant. In fact, her 9th rank is her putting them both in their places.
>>
>>377329563
Have Haru join the team sooner or give her a major role in the story before she joins. Something along the lines of what they did with Makoto and Akechi.
>>
>>377348429
>Yukiko 2.0 in terms of character trait exaggerating in spinoffs
I'm ok with this.
I like sadists.
>>
>>377348717
Yeah.
>same hair style
What's the name
>>
>>377348237
Yes, you said Haru is a non character. It's easy to substitute non characters
>This is the problem. Fixing Haru doesn't solve this problem.
You still haven't explained your "how" and while "why" while I explained why Makoto doesn't kills the group dynamic at all.
>>
File: IMG_20170518_130343.jpg (89KB, 586x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170518_130343.jpg
89KB, 586x584px
Delete Futaba

When you have a ULTIMATE HACKER LOL in a game you've already killed any tension
>>
>>377348358
>Make Sae into a bigger incompetent
>Give Futaba more Mary Sue hacker powers
Wow, great solution
>>
>>377329563
Make them all one-dimensional characters that rely on a single exaggerated character gimmick instead of having regular personalities so Persona 4 babbies will stop making this shitty thread.
>>
>>377348683
Thing is, what they were doing in changing hearts was perfectly acceptable since their criteria was high as fuck.

Akechi was trying to bring in some false equivalence with that bullshit. This is the same guy who'd invade the mind of innocent people and nobodies and either kill them or turn them insane for his personal benefit.

Any judgement he passes on the standards of any of the other characters is completely irrelevant
>>
>>377349105
>Give Futaba more Mary Sue hacker powers
I hope to god you're not trying to defend makoto by calling someone else a mary sue.
>>
>>377349108
This.
>>
File: 1481749622905.png (508KB, 612x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481749622905.png
508KB, 612x800px
>>377349073
I'm kind of a sucker for tech support styled characters like that.

But I'm not sure how she pulled off the wacky TV broadcasting scene. And why we didn't have a better graphic design animator for that stunt.
>>
>>377349073
That is retarded

Considering they were going up against the government, Futaba was an equalizing factor rather than anything else.
>>
>>377349286
Well, she did only have one day to prepare the Calling Card TV Hijack

She did pretty good considering.
>>
>>377349227
>Makoto is a Mary sue forced meme
Oh so you're one of these shitters?If anyone was close to being a Mary Sue it was Futaba with her NEET super hacker powers being capable to outsmart the entire police force of Tokyo so that the last calling card could be transmited
>>
File: 1494796238506.png (70KB, 436x496px) Image search: [Google]
1494796238506.png
70KB, 436x496px
>>377349108
>>377349260
>implying P5 isn't as shit as 4

Hi, I'm Ann and my character is all over the place and I stop being relevant after Makoto is introduced

Hi, I'm Yusuke and I have 0 story relevance.

Hi I'm Haru, why Am I even there?

Hi I'm Makoto, I'm here to be the main character's mouthpiece.

Hi, I'm Ryuji and my character development is some self realization after 90 hours that barely affect my character
>>
>>377348767
>Fuuka's link is nothing special
never claimed it was, I said it wasn't just her cooking or you being beaten over the head with her growning.
>Fuuka didn't find new things
Read again, I didn't say she did new things, I said you LEARNED new things about her.
>I enjoyed standing up to

That's nice and all but it's really got nothing to do with Makoto herself.
>Neither Eiko or Tsubasa overshadow Makoto in her confidant

They are given almost as much focus as Makoto herself, if not more, it takes away many opportunities of learning more about Makoto.

After I finished Makoto's S.Link I felt like I learned almost nothing new about her person, all I saw was her suddenly wanting to go to college and be a cop, but I didn't get to learn more about her that I didn't already know, I didn't find out more about her background or her philosophy, it had a bunch of missed opportunities and it didn't feel like I got closer to her at all.
>>
>>377349108
What do you think the milking is for.
Say goodbye to your interesting cast.
>>
>>377349420
I can see a pattern here. Every time someone says something negative about makoto it's a meme, everytime you blame another character it's justified. You know what. Fuck you.

>futaba is a mary sue meme
Oh so you're one of these shitters?
>>
>>377348145
Kinda funny how Ryuji and Morgana are afraid of Makoto but then comes in Haru who is an actual potential psychopath.
>>
>>377349486
P5 is automatically better by virtue of having the best gameplay of the series and the cast, while as irrelevant to the main plot as the casts of P3/4, still aren't one single exaggerated anime characteristic like P4's cast.
>>
File: pancakes.png (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.png
106KB, 512x512px
>>377349212
>Any judgement he passes on the standards of any of the other characters is completely irrelevant
But that's my point. I thought it was interesting to have a different moral perspective on what the phantom thieves were doing, as far as them stealing people's free will goes.

But any moral argument that Akechi made early on is irrelevant because he's a fricking lunatic.
>>
>>377349486
>t.P3faggot
Kek

>Hi, I'm Ann and my character is all over the place and I stop being relevant after Makoto is introduced
Same thing with Fuuka, Koromaru, Akihiko, Ken, etc

>Hi, I'm Yusuke and I have 0 story relevance.
Still a great character

>Hi I'm Haru, why Am I even there?
Legit complaint

>Hi I'm Makoto, I'm here to be the main character's mouthpiece.
Not really? She never really acts like Yosuke did

>Hi, I'm Ryuji and my character development is some self realization after 90 hours that barely affect my character
Better than what most party members in P4 had...and it does affect him a lot
>>
I love how those threads always seem to evolve into makotofags vs the rest of the world. Why do makotofags have so many problems with people not liking her?
>>
>>377349287
>Considering they were going up against the government

That doesn't justify "ultimate hacker" existing.

She's out there making an entire city look retarded by herself effortlessly
>>
>>377349635
Look, I wouldn't be calling it a meme if you actually explained your reasoning in a manner that I could argue against. The only thing you're doing is name calling

>Oh so you're one of these shitters?
I explained my reasoning
>>
>>377349950
>your arguments are invalid because they hurt my feelings
Nice meme.
>>
File: image.png (364KB, 640x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
364KB, 640x595px
>>377349832
I LOVE MAKOTO
DOESN'T EVERYONE LOVE MAKOTO?
>>
File: 53435435435454.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
53435435435454.png
1MB, 1280x720px
FIX THIS
>>
>>377349832
It's not even a Makotofag discussion
, if you call Makoto a Mary sue while forgetting Futaba, you're being stupid on purpose.
>>
>>377349874
>justification for existing

Literally what the fuck are you even on about?

Her role in the story and situation are fully explained and justified in the story.

You are desperate to find something to complain about.
>>
>>377349986
>Stupid phone poster in charge of being autismally buttmad about a character.
>>
>>377348427

Unfortunately it was wasted on the fenale targets who were legit abused by society.
>>
File: using that word.jpg (32KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
using that word.jpg
32KB, 500x432px
>>377350049
>Mary Sue
>Futaba

You do understand what "Mary Sue" actually means, right?

Its retarded to use it for Makoto either but completely fucking brainless to describe Futaba as one.
>>
>>377349498
>After I finished Makoto's S.Link I felt like I learned almost nothing new about her person, all I saw was her suddenly wanting to go to college and be a cop, but I didn't get to learn more about her that I didn't already know, I didn't find out more about her background or her philosophy, it had a bunch of missed opportunities and it didn't feel like I got closer to her at all.
Not him, but I just completely disagree with this statement. Like I get where you're coming from, definitely wouldn't call Makoto's S.Link anywhere close to one of the better ones, and I certainly think it could've been executed better. But every point you say you got nothing to satisfy, I thought was addressed. Perhaps not as well as they could've been, but enough to at least be satisfactory, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>377350049
Even then both Mako and Futaba are fine as they are and you have to be mentally ill to devote so much time to trying to think up angles you can attack them from.
>>
>>377350049
I don't know why you're bringing up futaba specifically but so far I've seen in this thread:

Makotofags vs Hifumifags
Makotofags vs Harufags
Makotofags vs Futabafags
>>
>>377329696
Ryuji pls go
>>
>>377350243
>Shitposters vs Makoto
>Shitposters vs Haru
>Shitposters vs anything they can think of attacking.
Yup.
>>
>>377341896

Yeah that made no sense
>>
File: IMG_20170504_170406.jpg (131KB, 996x1128px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_170406.jpg
131KB, 996x1128px
>>377349827
Kek all you P4/5 Cucks NEED the MC to push them forward constantly and even at the end in the velvet room scene they needed the MC to say " D-Don't give up" like drones and they all did a 180. Pathetic bitches while P3 team just talked to each other without needing protag to say shit. Heck in P3 characters actually turn you down to hit up dungeons.

5 cast are brainless garbage
>>
>>377349486
They all are in that group chat interacting. You also bump in to them randomly when out with someone else like at the Shrine for example.
>>
>>377341896
They did get upset at him though? And Futaba did rough him up a little.

But I suppose teen abuse is more acceptable than animal abuse?
>>
>>377329563
>It needs to be fixed
>>
File: 1494395738167.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1494395738167.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>le mary sue meme
Every time
>>
>>377349498
>never claimed it was, I said it wasn't just her cooking or you being beaten over the head with her growning.
It was both of these things though
>Read again, I didn't say she did new things, I said you LEARNED new things about her.
You can say this about ANY social link/confidant.
>That's nice and all but it's really got nothing to do with Makoto herself.
What matters is that I enjoyed myself with the story the confidant offered. Makoto had enough exposure as well, in different rank-ups
>They are given almost as much focus as Makoto herself, if not more, it takes away many opportunities of learning more about Makoto.
You don't really learn Tsukasa's background and Eiko's background is merely a smudge in the second rank up so you're mistaken
>After I finished Makoto's S.Link I felt like I learned almost nothing new about her person
So you somehow missed when she talked about her father? When she talked about her fears about the future and how she was afraid of coming of as something inhuman to others?

>all I saw was her suddenly wanting to go to college and be a cop, but I didn't get to learn more about her that I didn't already know
Lies. We knew almost nothing about her father at all or her indecision about her future

>I didn't find out more about her background or her philosophy, it had a bunch of missed opportunities and it didn't feel like I got closer to her at all.
You're just lying now. Clearly didn't play her confidant.
>>
>>377350498
>And Futaba did rough him up a little.
She just pulls on his cheeks like she always does, that's a Japanese thing and isn't considered violent whatsoever.
>>
>>377350052
>Her role in the story and situation are fully explained and justified in the story.

Her being a better hacker than every male in the nation was not justified just because she's a NEET.
>>
File: memory vault_gloria.png (275KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
memory vault_gloria.png
275KB, 500x405px
>>377347929
>>377348427
Would have been nice if they had something like Psychonauts memory vaults. Show more of a glimpse of what made them what they are today.
>>
>>377350167
I know, but Futaba is closer to one than Makoto due to her supreme HACKER power
>>
>>377350613
It was justified by her mother being a scientific genius.
>>
>>377341896
>>Everyone gets angry and beats the shit out of him because that's a funny joke, right
Welcome to Japanese humor.
>>
Makoto's Confidant link should've been just the two of you exploring the city together with the occasional misunderstand that you're her boyfriend or something.
>>
>>377350425
Which is funny because in P5, your teammates are actually useful while you can basically only rely on the MC for P3
>>
>>377350518
If you're satisfied with how little she got then good for you, but it left me wanting to know more, there wasn't enough info for me to see Makoto in a different light, it simply wasn't enough.
>>
>>377350613
>being better than a male

What the fuck pathetic shit are you rambling on about?
>>
>>377350673
How is supreme when she can't backtrack Shido's lapdogs?
>>
>>377350673
Do you even understand what a "Mary Sue" is you stupid cunt?

Being exceptionally good at ONE thing =/= being good at EVERYTHING you stupid nigger
>>
File: stop.jpg (41KB, 577x335px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
41KB, 577x335px
>>377350613
>>
>>377350826
I'm not the only one who thinks like this
>>377350201

You're saying we didn't get any of that when we did. You're actively looking for reasons to dislike it
>>
File: P5-Ryuji.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
P5-Ryuji.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
>>377341896
I almost think I would have preferred if Ryuji had straight up died and they played his heroic sacrifice straight.
>>
>>377350696
Okay elaborate how this relates at all to her skill. The shit she pulled off would need teams to operate.
>>
File: 0.png (46KB, 176x255px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
46KB, 176x255px
>>377350673
>being good at something = "Mary Sue"

Do you have Downs Syndrome or something?
>>
>>377350790
>your teammates are actually useful

Kek well of course when you write retarded shit like god like hackers at teenage age then sure
>>
>>377350927
If she's good at literally everything and has no flaws then why are you simultaneously advocating for her removal from the game? You guys are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>377350983

This game features a talking cat; a world made up of people's subconscious thoughs; and people having changes of heart by having their metaphorical "treasure" stolen.

And the thing you draw the line at in realism is a character being good at hacking?

Jesus fucking christ. Its rare to see actual autism here. But here you are in all your autistic glory.
>>
File: 1494007277498.jpg (106KB, 768x364px) Image search: [Google]
1494007277498.jpg
106KB, 768x364px
>>377351015
There's being good at something

Then there's unrealistically being god like at something that everyone in the country is fodder to you at
>>
>>377351092
Im not, you daft cunt.
>>
>>377351235
And even that doesnt make someone a "Mary Sue" you stupid nig.
>>
File: 1494436925667.gif (64KB, 226x176px) Image search: [Google]
1494436925667.gif
64KB, 226x176px
>>377350947
>>377350927
>>377350867
>Futabafags going all out to defend their Mary sue
KEK
>>
>>377351235
See >>377351226

Dumb fuck.
>>
>>377350983
Tell me how the Persona world has literal human AI robots but otherwise isn't any more advanced than our society technologically.
>>
File: 1494879012389.jpg (378KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494879012389.jpg
378KB, 1200x1200px
>>377351281
Then you're literally using polar opposite arguments for the same character.
It's amazing how you think anyone is ever going to take you seriously.
>>
>>377342110
>P4 moved along at a much better pace than P5, the arbitrary deadlines P5 gives to you destroys the pacing of the game, this is how P5 goes
Are you retarded? P4's pacing is fucking awful.

>Get a new dungeon
>Beat it in one day
>No plot development for 20+ ingame days
>Then plot dump that lasts like an hour with the player with the player being entirely railroaded for the duration
>Then a new dungeon
>Repeat until the game is over

Sounds more like P4 than P5. Literally nothing happens to P4's empty plot until 85% of the way through the game when Nanako is kidnapped.
>>
>>377351235
Makoto can literally do no wrong. And even after blackmailing the group, dragging them into her mess and completely ruining their future it's all forgiven while the group is busy licking her ass for being so great. Makoto is a mary sue.
>>
>>377351091
Better than P3 and the fact only you mattered
>>
>>377351226
>And the thing you draw the line at in realism is a character being good at hacking?

Damn we are already damage controlling by saying
>dude it's fantasy, everything is allowed to be bullshit

As if shit isn't based on a real setting. Futaba isn't merely good she's>>377351235
>>
>>377351442
>polar opposite arguments
What?

Are you hoping that posting the most retardedly dumb shit is going to make people give in with arguing or something?
>>
File: 1493231417720.jpg (9KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493231417720.jpg
9KB, 226x225px
>DUDE IT'S JUST FANTASY

Hahahaha
>>
>>377351479
>Makoto can literally do no wrong.
She fucked up with Kaneshiro, it was luck that he let her go
>>
>>377350959
This.

When they "killed him off" I just new that I was getting "lol I'm really alive because of asspulls". I think that games like these need a good death to spice it up a little but but without going all GRRM about it.
>>
>>377351479
Yusuke can literally do no wrong. And even after blackmailing the group, dragging them into his mess and completely ruining their future it's all forgiven while the group is busy licking his ass for being so fond of his mom. Yusuke is a mary sue.
>>
File: 1488065963816.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1488065963816.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>makotofags calling other girls mary sues

I'm fucking dying here. I thought makotofags were supposed to be smart?
>>
>>377351479
Their future wasnt ruined and they intended to take Kaneshiro down anyways. And they told her off about being reckless then got on with the job at hand.

None of these are "Mary Sue" points, bro. Please learn what it actually means.
>>
>>377351361
>kek
You see the irony here, yes?
>>
>>377351645
Yeah she did. But did the group think negatively of her? Only yusuke brought it up that she fucked up and guess fucking what. Ann defended her even though it was entirely makotos fault, they seriously had the balls to scold yusuke for telling how it is.
>>
>>377332975
>Don't have them have all agree with the direction of the Phantom Theives
This, I thought that unanimous vote thing was going to lead to some inevitable conflict but they just always voted yes on everything
>>
File: 200% lel.gif (475KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200% lel.gif
475KB, 497x732px
>everyone is a mary sue
Absolutely loving this new meme.
>>
File: 1474209515845.jpg (187KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474209515845.jpg
187KB, 1280x1080px
>it's just anime yo, everything is allowed to be bullshit
>>
>>377351526
Yes, she is good. But again, how does being good at something make her good at EVERYTHING EVER which is what a MARY SUE is, you silly nig?

Also, pointing out that a fantasy is a fantasy isnt "damage control", its reality.
>>
>>377351706
>And they told her off about being reckless then got on with the job at hand.
Yusuke did and was immediately told to fuck off if he doesn't want to join the makoto asslicking party.
>>
File: 1494542840580.jpg (59KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
1494542840580.jpg
59KB, 559x399px
>>377351587
>Makoto can literally do no wrong, takes control of the team and the team adores and kisses her ass.

>Makoto is useless does nothing, brings nothing to the team and MY WAIFU Hifumi should take her place.

Hm, which shitposter should I believe?
>>
File: 1493463804334m.jpg (99KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1493463804334m.jpg
99KB, 1024x576px
>>377351479
Yusuke calls her out on it though
>>
>>377351828
>>377351631
>>377351526
Easy with the samefagging, hombre
>>
>>377351954
Press X and post the very next textbox.
>>
>>377351802
Because whats done is done, anon. She herself admitted being reckless too.

But again, its what they were ultimately wanting to achieve so why would they have been angry with her?
>>
File: 1495077580890.png (76KB, 371x333px) Image search: [Google]
1495077580890.png
76KB, 371x333px
>>377351886
The one that makes copypastas of Sae abusing Makoto and is aroused by her suffering. At least that one thinks with his dick.
>>
File: 1494658145262.jpg (89KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
1494658145262.jpg
89KB, 600x774px
>>377351703
>>
File: 1493620994291.png (713KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493620994291.png
713KB, 830x1200px
I hope you stay alive so we can continue to do this for the next decade of P5 games.
>>
>>377352129
Hmm...

>>377349420

OwO, what's this?
>>
>>377329563
You can't, they're fucked.
>>
>>377351864
Nope nigga why are you handwaving that she's godlike after making an entire country incompetent?

And it's based on a real setting so stop pretending you can get away with making characters whatever they can just because. Yusuke was a good artist but has the game EVER portrayed him as the best? He was constantly ridiculed for his art, you don't see Atlus making him No.1

Effectively when you have characters like Futaba you go and kill the tension in the gane because she's guaranteed to solve a tech problem instead of seeing a team effort struggle.
>>
>>377352238
>OwO
Back to tumblr
>>
>>377351864
Go and scroll up to the sonic picture

He hasn't called her a mary sue, just a character that kills tension
>>
>>377352160
Realistically speaking, how much Joker x Makoto pandering are we will be looking at in the spin-offs to come?
>>
>>377352495
Oh.. did your whole narrative fall apart? :(
>>
File: 1495065402568.jpg (303KB, 977x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1495065402568.jpg
303KB, 977x1224px
>>377352520
Realistically speaking, the same dose other girls will get.
>>
>>377352520
About the same as Yu x Naoto, so 1.2x as much as everyone else.
>>
File: 1494805579333.jpg (64KB, 605x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494805579333.jpg
64KB, 605x600px
>>377352520
They'll go full /u/ and ship Makoto x Futaba.
>>
>>377352520
Probably about as much pandering as the girls got in P3 and 4. So enough to get autismo's riled up.
>>
>>377352551
Prove that guy was a Makotofag, tumblrite
>>
>>377352520
None since P5Crimson will be out before that and Marie becomes the canon waifu.
>>
>>377352761
Prove that he wasn't.
>>
>>377352764
>marie in p5
I'll literally firebomb atlus if I have to see that cunt again
>>
>>377352670
I want to kancho Makoto while she's pouting and document her reaction in my notebook.
>>
>>377352693
YuxNaoto got pandered to?
>>
File: lavenza3.png (1MB, 1090x1300px) Image search: [Google]
lavenza3.png
1MB, 1090x1300px
>>377329563
Give Ann and Ryuji actual development. Or none at all, honestly they seemed progressively less likable as time went on.

Make Makoto the tactical leader and Futaba the strategic leader. It seems like their roles clashed heavily.

Fuse Lavenza much earlier and have her interact with the party more. Maybe even let her join temporarily in the last dungeon. Her banter with Ryuji was top tier.
>>
Ignore both Makotofags and anti Makoto posters both are fucking cancer.
>>
>>377352843
Don't worry, it's her twinsister Eiram.
>>
>>377352834
>Double negation fallacy

Thanks for proving me right.
>>
File: 1474832066686.jpg (139KB, 1023x586px) Image search: [Google]
1474832066686.jpg
139KB, 1023x586px
>>377352843
They'll just make Lavenza the Aeon arcana this time hopefully. She deserves it.
>>
>>377352870
Futaba wasn't a leader at all, she was helpful support
>>
>>377329563
Literally the worst JRPG cast.
>>
File: 1493924964826.jpg (168KB, 875x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1493924964826.jpg
168KB, 875x1041px
>>377352963
>Aeon arcana is the canon waifu
>>
>>377352892
I don't understand how that happens with every title in the franchise. How does always a single girl manage to attract the worst posters on this board? Why are they not spread out even among the girls, it's always concentrated on a single one.
>>
>>377352945
Prove that he was. I win. Wait who am I fighting for now?
>>
>>377352870

Ryuji was more likable in his social link.
>>
>>377352945
Sorry but I can't help you if you are too retarded to follow the reply chain and belief a person who defends makoto by shitting on 3 other girls is somehow not a makotofag.
>>
>>377329563
Let Joker talks more
More party member moments
Less character dev in Social Links and more in main story

P5 cast wasn't bad though
>>
File: 1474670811212.png (301KB, 950x520px) Image search: [Google]
1474670811212.png
301KB, 950x520px
>>377353065
Little did Joker know that the end goal of his rehabilitation was to cure his love for old hags.
>>
File: 62403339_p0.png (457KB, 993x751px) Image search: [Google]
62403339_p0.png
457KB, 993x751px
>>377353065
I want to go on adventures with Lavenza!
>>
>>377352854
Maybe it was just bias, but I thought a wee bit more than the others?
>>
>>377353084
Both her and Chie have decent sized fanbases. Perfect target for shitposters.
>>
>>377352963
>Lavenza turns into Aeon arcana
MY DICK!!
Seriously fucking called it because of those supposed "twins"
>>
The game actually felt pretty good until makoto joined. The whole narrative changed form that point onward. They went from "we want to change society for the better" to "we're getting blackmailed to change a specific target".
>>
File: STANDING BLOWJOBS.jpg (43KB, 382x542px) Image search: [Google]
STANDING BLOWJOBS.jpg
43KB, 382x542px
>>377353227
I want to throatfuck Lavenza
>>
>>377353243
Makotofags are just as cancerous though. Actually they're even more cancerous since they constantly ruin threads as soon as someone mentions that he doesn't like makoto.
>>
>>377353315
Stop, I don't want to fap right now.
>>
File: lavenza mad.png (244KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
lavenza mad.png
244KB, 872x632px
>>377353315
delet
>>
>>377353315
Hot.
>>
>makoto is so untouchable that even teachers run errand for her
Is makoto the marie of P5?
>>
>>377353281

Don't forget Morgana's bitchfit after that too.
>>
>>377340296
Expect not forgiving him doesn't mean shit. They still act like he's a dindu nuffin and are okay with him rejoining. Compare that to Namatame and with 3 of the IT members wanting to kill him.
>>
>>377353464
No. Unlike Makoto you could actually ignore Marie.
>>
>>377353467
That bitchfit happened two dungeons later though.
>>
>>377353358
If that's your qualifier for cancerous then you should include fans of Ann, Futaba and Haru too since, surprise. They also don't like it when you post.

>ANN IS A SLUT.
>FOREHEAD FOREHEAD
>STINKY NEET.

But do blame it all on Makoto-fags and continue to make your one girl only threads instead of Persona 5 threads then get mad when people post about whatever girl they want.
>>
>>377353149
Not him but how can you guarantee those were the same person? This is an anonymous board
>>
>>377353464
>even teachers run errand for her
What?
>>
>>377353705
This thread was completely derailed because someone said something negative about makoto though. And this isn't the first time it happened. Maybe it's because the other girls have smaller fanbases and lack the power to completely overthrow a thread.
>>
>>377340296
I don't buy their shit.

A guy murdered your mum and yet you don't have any reaction to it when he reveals he killed because he wanted to and was part of his initial plan. Any other kid would have been pissed and said fuck off about "hey wanna join us"

The way Ann reacted to Kamoshida was completely believable since you could tell through her words to him with she felt he would suffer better locked up and didn't deserve a cop out but with Akechi, the 2 members hardly showed any emotion or reaction to Akechi's speech and act like they would be completely fine joining the team
>>
>>377353358
We had Futabafags getting mad because people mentioned Futaba was a Mary Sue, don't act as if Makotofags are the only ones who sperg out
>>
>>377353281
>"we want to change society for the better"
That was still the case, especially with Shido.

Kaneshiro and Okumura were also legit scum
>>
>>377353887
Which happened as a reaction of someone calling makoto a mary sue. The makotofag instead deflected to someone elses waifu to defend her. No matter how you look at it, it happened because a makotofag had to shittalk another girl again.
>>
>>377347059
Unironically the best girls.
>>
>>377353816
He probably means Kawakami telling Joker to get his ass to the student council office.
>>
File: makotomaid.jpg (423KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
makotomaid.jpg
423KB, 850x1200px
>>377329563
>ctrl+F Makoto
>115 results
You better be saying nice things about her
>>
>>377353819
The OP was a shitpost to begin with and a typical marysue shitposter who refused to give his reasoning was the one who derailed.
>>
I don't get why people imply that Futaba is a Mary sue. All she does good is hacking. Anyway if she was just a normal girl who doesn't do anything aside from being someone unable to deal with social situations, how was the medjed menace supposed to be handled?
Oh and no "They should have written it better lmao"
>>
>>377354102
Makoto is shit.
>>
File: faggot-shit-o.gif (714KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
faggot-shit-o.gif
714KB, 240x180px
>>377329563
>when the female characters seem more 'masculine' than the "males"
>>
>>377354126
It's stupid to call any P5 girl a Mary Sue. Just ignore the shitposters
>>377354013
>Which happened as a reaction of someone calling makoto a mary sue
Which is a shitpost
>The makotofag instead deflected to someone elses waifu to defend her
And Futabafags sperged out, proving they go into defensive like any other waifufag
>No matter how you look at it, it happened because a makotofag had to shittalk another girl again.
It happened because a shitposter began the marysue shitposting
>>
>>377354121
I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

>The OP was a shitpost to begin with
How? It's one of the major complains about the game that the cast feels off.

>and a typical marysue shitposter who refused to give his reasoning was the one who derailed.
Even if he's another shitposter that argument would've easily been resolved by ignoring it. But that wouldn't sit well with makotofags, instead they deflected to another girl turning a shitpost against one girl into a waifu war between 2 groups that weren't fighting previously. The shitposter didn't even mention futaba, the makotofags did.
>>
>>377354364
>someone shitposted against my favorite girl so it's completely justified for me to shittalk another completely unrelated girl to show how much better I am

???
>>
>>377354395
>I don't understand what you're trying to say here
That this thread is a bait thread
>How? It's one of the major complains about the game that the cast feels off.
Among a few specific shitposters who love P4
>Even if he's another shitposter that argument would've easily been resolved by ignoring it.
Futabafags could also ignore the deflection.
>The shitposter didn't even mention futaba, the makotofags did.
And it all began with the shitposter mentioning Makoto. Follow the thread, he didn't even had an argument.
>>
>>377354121
>The OP was a shitpost to begin with

Not really, alot of the casts were shafted after their arc
>>
>>377354510
>Implying that's me
Oh, so I should believe you're the shitposter who started it all as well? It's only fair
>>
>>377338313
>tfw desires become distorted
>>
>>377354730
>Futabafags could also ignore the deflection
If makotofags are unable to ignore an anonymous shitposter who doesn't mention any other girl what makes you think that futabafags will ignore shitposters when they can actually tell that other waifufags insult theirs?
>>
>>377354013
Yeah whatever futabafag
>>
>>377354794
That's the same for every Persona game. You can't possibly keep them all relevant from the start to finish
>>
>>377354730
>who love P4

You're seeing the same people shit on P4 but the matter is, that game was already discussed years ago and got shitted on for its flaws, why do we need to bring it up in 5 when it's recent? You fags really feel "attacked" and can't judge a game on its own
>>
>whole thread derailed because of Makoto shitflinging

5's cast is bad confirmed.
>>
>>377354816
>implying it matters if it was you
You're literally justifing it. You're saying it's okay. It doesn't matter if you were shitposting earlier because you think it's okay to trashtalk other peoples waifu to defend your own.
>>
>>377339939
>The 5 cast are fucking terrible retards.

This but not for the reasons he posted. Most of the problems in the story could have been solved by walking away or not being retarded.
>>
File: 1493628148206.jpg (109KB, 1000x725px) Image search: [Google]
1493628148206.jpg
109KB, 1000x725px
>>377354047
Agreed. Hopefully spinoffs will have more moments of Makoto trying to be Futaba's big sister.
>>
>>377354884
Then you agree that all waifufags are equally defensive regarding their waifu and one group doesn't edge out over the other?
>>
>>377354903
I don't particularly care for futaba. It's pathetic that makotofags believe it's okay to trashtalk other peoples waifus though.
>>
>>377341896
>Morgana doesn't even do anything at the end of the game and then disappears
>doesn't even do anything

Oh come on, even if you're a flat-out Morgana hater, you know that's not true.
>>
>>377354909
Shit never happened in 3 though, people actually developed after their intro's and males didn't even have a s link either.

But see>>377354920

Its irrelevant
>>
>>377355012
>Then you agree that all waifufags are equally defensive
They are not though. A random shitposter insulted makoto. Instead of just ignoring him or telling him to fuck off makotofags instead insulted someone elses waifu. What I'm saying is that makotofags are just as bad as the shitposter.
>>
>>377334834
No they just wanted to make it seem like they were sacrificing an important character but can still have an excuse to shoehorn him into the multiple spinoffs coming in the next few years.
>>
>>377354920
Read the thread. Some shitposters like to bring up P4's cast as being better when it's factually false
>>377354954
I never said that.
I'm arguing against this post >>377353358

If that's the case, all waifufags are cancerous. No need to single them out individually
>>
File: 1461618963550.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1461618963550.png
129KB, 724x611px
>S-Stop bad mouthing my waifu

Damn SMTfags were right, persona cucks are cancer, grown ass men getting heated over someone shitting on their 2d bitch lmfao
>>
>>377355287
>And Futabafags sperged out, proving they go into defensive like any other waifufag
>It happened because a shitposter began the marysue shitposting

Then you agree with me that makotofags are shitposters since they started the mary sue shitposting about futaba, right?
>>
>>377355046
Autism
>>
>>377355424
Wouldn't surprise me if makotofags actually were autistic just like their robot waifu.
>>
>>377355051
It did. Akihiko and Ken stopped developing after Shinjiro's death. Fuuka stopped developing in the main story after her arc. Yukari and Mitsuru develop after Mitsuru's father death, Aigis developed in January

You can't keep a constant stream of development for all characters
>>
>>377355287
Look at the 3rd damn post in the thread
>>
>>377329563
Replace Morgana with oda
>>
>>377355141
They are.

>A random shitposter insulted makoto. Instead of just ignoring him or telling him to fuck off makotofags instead insulted someone elses waifu. What I'm saying is that makotofags are just as bad as the shitposter.
And Futabafags are just as bad as Makotofags, instead of telling them to fuck off they helped detail the thread getting overly defensive over Futaba. It would be the same with any other girl involved as long as her more rabid fags were here

And to start everything, the shitposter was a Hifumifag so...
>>
>>377355473
>Akihiko and Ken stopped developing after Shinjiro's death.

Yeah that was their peak retard, not his first introduction as a mere boxing autist. He gradually developed after the story progressed like everyone else. They didn't stop developing as soon as their introduced as a party member like in 5. Learn the difference and in 5 especially they had no reason to pad the cast especially since their thieves,
>>
>>377335615
>Persona 1 and 2
>Digital Devil Saga
>Baroque
>SMT
>Raidou Kuzunoha 1 & 2

And that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
>>
>>377355421
Not all waifufags are shitposters but there are shitposters disguising themselves as waifufags, surely

The one who started everything was a Hifumifag
>>
>>377355473
>You can't keep a constant stream of development for all characters

How about, just maybe, you like ya know

Stop with this 8 party meme? The Phantom thieves only needed a 4-5 max team.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>377340160
What type of nonsense are you spouting?

P1 and P2 both had a great cast
>>
>>377355764
It's the exact same in the New personas. The difference is that some of them have their peak in the arc they are introduced. Nothing wrong with that
>>
>>377355828
>Not all waifufags are shitposters
Guess we can pinpoint it down to all hifumi and makotofags being shitposters then.
>>
>>377354994
More, MORE! More sisterly affection!
>>
>>377355871
Why stop? Why does every character needs to be equally important or have the same amount of development as the others?

5 man team would get boring fast in a game like Persona
>>
>>377329696
Hating morgana is reddit
>>
>>377355957
You are just generalizing now which is just as bad as shitposting. There are Makotofags and Hifumifags who are just fine, same for Futabafags and whatever else. Some Futabafags also helped derail this thread yet you keep defending them, wh
>>
>Aeon arcana isn't in game
Oh goody, glad I wasted money when there's going to be another re-release
>>
>>377329563
They are fine. Not as good as 2 or 4's casts but much better than 1 and 3's.
>>
>>377356216
Because futabafags were the only one who didn't start shitposting about completely unrelated girls to defend their own waifu, while apparently hifumifags and makotofags thought it's okay to do so. You were also defending makotofags for shitting on futaba, which would make you an enabler.
>>
File: 1457905523612.jpg (34KB, 418x279px) Image search: [Google]
1457905523612.jpg
34KB, 418x279px
None of the characters have any stakes in the story past the first arc. The hooks feel very flimsy and no one ever has to confront anything very difficult, they even literally just make bad guys good without hurting them.
>>
>>377356052
Man this is hilarious, you would just prefer shallow shits and the game repeating the same structure that takes of 80% of the game picking up your casts while the previous member is shafted then when you have everyone it's end game my sides.

A fleshed out 5 man unit that you get at the very least before half the game and then you get used to the same team operating getting used to each other is more interesting than what they did with this shit pick up and forget shit that somehow how entertained you
>>
>>377347746
did you play the game? two girls literally do just that.
>>
>>377342110
>Shido is the main villain
Somebody didn't do the thing
>>
>>377356365
How can you prove that the Hifumifag who started it all wasn't a falseflagging Futabafag? How can you prove me that the one who said Futaba was a Mary Sue was a Makotofag?

I know you are obviously a newfag but this is an anonymous board, you're assuming a lot of things, treating them as facts and then generalizing which makes you just as bad as a shitposter.

Opposing the Makoto is a mary sue meme isn't something that only Makotofags do btw.
>>
>>377329563
Get rid of makoto.
>>
>>377348102
>Fix everything by switching Haru with Hifumi and introducing her earlier.
No, fuck off.
>>
>>377356980
>The one who started everything was a Hifumifag
>How can you prove that the Hifumifag who started it all wasn't a falseflagging Futabafag?

I know you are obviously a newfag but this is an anonymous board, you're assuming a lot of things, treating them as facts and then generalizing which makes you just as bad as a shitposter.
>>
>>377357131
I was not assuming anything, I was asking questions for you, showing how your assumptions couldn't be proven at all.
>>
>>377357320
>I was not assuming anything
>The one who started everything was a Hifumifag
>>
>>377356297
>that velvet room team talk
>better than 3

lol no
>>
>>377356297
>4's cast
>good
>>
>>377356808
>two girls literally do just that.
I did just mention that they do that, but Ann doesn't really react much to them.
>>
>>377335491
Japs do stupid shit like that all the time, it honestly pisses me off
>>
>>377357821
Makoto is the leader though.
>>
>>377340531
>so why did you kill those people Adachi
>I was bored lol
Yeah that's a really great motivation.
>>
>>377357397
Okay and what about the other 99% of the game where the 3 cast was garbage?

>>377357478
They aren't as good as 2's but they are the best of the nu-Persona games by far.
>>
>>377358223
>recognizes 2's cast as superior
>thinks 4 is the best of nusona
Honestly explain yourself
>>
>>377329563
Make it so Morgana doesn't stay with you.
There's no reason he can't live with Ryuji like Teddie did with Yosuke.
I hated having him replace Joker's internal dialogue. It was fucking annoying.
Persona 3 and 4 were fine with the main characters being individual human beings with their own agendas.
>>
>>377356297
The fuck? P4's cast were fucking terrible.
>>
File: haruDELET.png (169KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
haruDELET.png
169KB, 872x632px
>>377340041
>>
>>377357381
That's a pretty obvious conclusion. Only Hifumifags want Hifumi to be part of the PT and take the place of someone else. But then again, I already raised the possibility of it being someone falseflagging
>>
>>377358223
>Okay and what about the other 99% of the game where the 3 cast was garbage?

>b-but what about them!

5fags always deflecting the argument
>>
Does anyone else want Tora or iwai as a party member
Iwais persona can be kiryu
>>
>>377357942
She's the analyst. Joker's the leader
>>
>>377358453
>How can you prove that the Hifumifag who started it all wasn't a falseflagging Futabafag?
>>
At least the Persona 5 cast didn't repeat the LOL GIRLS CAN'T COOK HAHA SO FUNNY meme
>>
Akechi should have had a bigger story arc. Maybe even a redemption arc
>>
>>377358489
The 3 cast is terrible for the vast majority of the game. Considering he brought up 3 in the first place as a point of comparison, no shit I'm going reference it in my response.
>>
>>377358371
Pets aren't allowed in Ryuji's apartment
>>
>>377342517
Why do people keep saying that BS about P4 cast? They nearly had a falling out with Yu about 3 times in the story.
>>
>>377358560
Are you a speedreader or something?
Here is what I answered
>But then again, I already raised the possibility of it being someone falseflagging
It could be either a Hifumifag or someone falseflagging as one to shitpost
>>
>>377358713
>That's a pretty obvious conclusion. Only Hifumifags want Hifumi to be part of the PT and take the place of someone else.
>>
>>377358641
>The 3 cast is terrible for the vast majority of the game

That's like your opinion man, but matter of fact is, they weren't drones over the MC in the main story and constantly needed him to guide them heck you even get rejected when you want them to hit up tartarus at times. Keep acting butthurt that 5's cast are drones
>>
>>377337667
>kanji's gayness

i thought it was just a joke and made pretty clear his complex is about wanting someone to like him for who he is and not about gender. the problem was a guy showed interest and kanji didn't know how to handle that because no one ever has been that direct with him and like a baby bird latched on to the first person that gave him a chance. his complex developed because he thought that was how people saw him (gay and why a guy showed interest), egged on by his affinity for sewing and cute things.
>>
Don't even bother giving the party members social links.
Just let them develop in the story.
And adjust the premise so that all the party members can be more quickly avaliable. I'd say if we are doing a 8 month schedule then everyone should be a party member by the end of July.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 206x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 206x90px
>>377340160
Oh hey, its the homestuck cast,
>>
>>377337667
>extremely unhealthy codependency
Being good friends is unhealthy now?
>>
File: 12375614765818.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
12375614765818.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>377332975

>makoto
>lawfag

she truly is the best.
>>
Persona 4 feels like a cheesy harem anime with the amount of cum everyone sucks from the mc's dick.
>>
>>377348429
In the Crimson, Haru should be the psychopath traitor behind the mental shutdowns and Goro should be your rival trying to stop your brainwashing antics.
Like, Goro would be revealed to have also been a Metaverse user, but only to investigate and observe Palaces and Shadows to solve crimes in the real world instead of killing them. It could eventually be revealed that Goro was being blackmailed by Shido to do Metaverse espionage and brainwashing to put Shido in power and stuff. It could also explain why Goro is adamant against the PT's methods of heart stealing, because he only saw it as the same work as he is forced to do.
Haru probably could have accidentally ended up in Mementos or a Palace or something during one of Goro's investigations, got a bit of her Persona, and enacted her own Justice through brute force murder.
Upon learning how easy it is to get away with stuff in the Metaverse, Haru goes full Chaosfag and plots to merge the Metaverse with reality so that everyone isn't held down by society or something like that.

And that's my writefaggotry for Persona 5 The Crimson.
>>
I just love how the thread devolved into shitting on P3, P4 and P5 casts.

None of the three are particularly good cast-wise, in the three games you have one-dimensional bland characters.
>>
File: 1495151015793.png (340KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1495151015793.png
340KB, 512x512px
>>377358820
Holy shit, this is some low tier shitposting anon. Guess what, I'm going to assume things like you do since you aren't taking this seriously at all.

You're shitposting so I bet you're the retarded who started this and is butthurt over being BTFO.

Peace
>>
>>377359063
>They weren't drones over the MC
The answer is literally about how they are
>>
>>377359659
But that's 5.
>>
>>377359915
I like all 3 casts. They don't need to be super complex characters to be enjoyable, I don't know where this meme came from.
>>
>>377360134
lol no
>>
>>377329563
what the fuck is wrong with morgana
>>
>>377353879
>akechi killed your mom
I swear all you faggot that assume akechi was able to assassinate a woman while he's in elementary school are fucking stupid.
>>
>>377360134
P4 fags are THIS delusional
>>
>>377360134
Everybody in school except your few friends at school hate you. If anything the game is more mean-spirted.
>>
File: 1468213819110.png (870KB, 1350x760px) Image search: [Google]
1468213819110.png
870KB, 1350x760px
>>377360232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgW41uwP8co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJL7WLrHNM0
>>
>>377360425
Have you played past the first dungeon?
>>
>>377329696
the cat is garbage
>>
>>377360145
Yeah I enjoy them too, blandness or one-dimensional. Just find it funny that people are shitting on the ones from the game they don't like or acting like their favorite game is above the others.
>>
>>377360348
Wakaba died 2 years prior. Akechi is stupid, but not so stupid to be in elementary school as 15 year old.
>>
>>377329563
they look like fucking giants
>>
>>377360434
????
>>
>>377361790
All the girls still love you after that Valentines day scene.
>>
>>377329563
Remove Haru from the roster.
Probably remove Makoto too, or at least reduce her 'leadership' qualities to allow more time for the others to shine.
Tone down Morgana's obnoxiousness.
Focus on developing Ann / Ryuuji / Joker's original group dynamic instead of like in P4 where they stop being relevant past the first 2 hours.
Dedicate more time to developing Akechi as a serious character so that his eventual betrayal isn't pointless and expected.
>>
>>377361986
Same for P4
>>
>>377362273
>Focus on developing Ann / Ryuuji / Joker's original group dynamic instead of like in P4 where they stop being relevant past the first 2 hours.
You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>377363216
Never said that it didn't. But 4 makes you feel like shit for having a harem.
>>
>>377329563
remove the cat
>>
>>377329563
Can't beat the best my friend, question invalid.
>>
File: 1493926410897.jpg (532KB, 3134x2402px) Image search: [Google]
1493926410897.jpg
532KB, 3134x2402px
It's impressive how easy Chihaya breaks the time management, especially in NG+ where you no longer need to grind stats. I've already finished all night time confidants and I haven't even stepped into Sae's palace yet. Now I have the rest of the nights to finish reading books (only 1 book away from reading them all), fishing (already caught the guardian), and playing video games.
>>
>>377363581
that would have been the game

the thieves try to take on shido but are foiled every time

>ahaha it was me akechi all along. revenge is for me harry potter-kun. pancakes. everything fall apart
>>
>>377364978
shit wrong thread there are so many persona threads i cant keep track
Thread posts: 469
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.