[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoblade series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

Which Xenoblade game is the best?

How well do you think Xenoblade 2 will turn out?
>>
XCX >>>>>>>> XC

b-b-but the music b-b-b-but the story

XCX has 10/10 exploration and way better gameplay and tone than the original
>>
>>376500354
>tone

I don't like Sawano tone
>>
>>376500354
The world and atmosphere was infinitely better in XC
>>
>>376500354

>Muh exploration

Go on fucking google earth if you want to look at inane shit so bad. Story is by fucking far more important than huge worlds with nothing to do except look at things.
>>
>>376500484
Go read a fucking book if you want muh story shit so bad.
>>
Prefer the original. The world, the Bionis and Mechonis, are tremendously more interesting than XCX. Also I don't like the way XCX looks in that it always seemed like there was this grey filter over everything.

I imagine 2 will turn out alright, but I'm not a fan of the way the characters look right now, especially the protagonist.
>>
>>376500529

Exploration means fuck-all when there's nothing to find, faggot.
>>
>>376500529
How is it that you're a Xeno fan and you don't value story?

Oh right, you're not really a Xeno fan, you're just some faggot who started with XCX and it being the only Xeno game you've played and now think the series is all about muh exploration and muh gameplay with little focus on story

Faggot
>>
In a very crowded field, Tatsu is the worst JRPG comic sidekick of all time. Fact.
>>
>>376500579
>there's nothing to find

So you haven't actually played XCX?
>>
Never played the first one Which has better side quest?
>>376500639
What wrong with better gameplay?
>>
>>376500735

Sure have, faglord. I'm calling your bluff. Name one fucking interesting thing to find out in the world. And no, a random fetch quest with a paragraph of text or a random named mob does not count.

I'll wait.
>>
>>376500484
>>376500639
RPG fans nowadays are all a bunch of slobbering retards, too dumb to play games and in it for the story. I blame Bioware. Can't wait for the tears when the FFVII remake comes out and they start pissing their pants about how repetitive that game is. Grow up you juvenile fucks.
>>
>>376500801
>What wrong with better gameplay?

I never said "better gameplay is bad".
>>
File: Colony 9.jpg (203KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Colony 9.jpg
203KB, 1024x640px
>>376500256
Still gotta play X just finished XC1 my favourite game
also gotta beat the world ends with you, planet Kirby robobot and chrono trigger all games i have not played yet

what should i play first i don't want to start Xenoblade X because i'll need a holiday to start that
>>
>>376500860
This is the Xeno series, mate. The games have always been story heavy. Piss off, nu-fan.
>>
I liked XCX gameplay wise, but If I chose one game to port over to the Switch, it would be XC1.
>>
I'm seriously loving the new character art style for XB2. So cute and comfy.
>>
>>376501056
The protag looks like even more of a twinky fag than Shulsh, or what was his name.
>>
>>376501056
Too anime.

The MC looks like he's 10.
>>
>>376501081
I think you need to be more mature to appreciate the design of the XB2 MC.
>>
>>376500928
Funny, I'd argue that they were good despite the story, but then again I only played the Chronicle games. No, wait, this thread seems to be about them. Looks like it is (You) who should be pissing off, kiddo.
>>
File: hrUazmJ[1].jpg (402KB, 1280x1426px) Image search: [Google]
hrUazmJ[1].jpg
402KB, 1280x1426px
>>376501056

The style is great, but that fucking protag outfit. Jesus christ it's so bad. Thighless chaps and a fucking diving helmet? Reminds me of this shit.

Hope you can change that costume. Other than that it's looking great.
>>
>>376501132
Like more of a faggot? if I wanted faggotry I'd go back to >>>/b/
>>
File: 1451664000518.png (423KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
1451664000518.png
423KB, 960x504px
>>376500354
>mfw XCX also had better music and story than XC
Stay playing your Dreamcast game, Monadofags, you don't even deserve XC2.
>>
>>376501173
You don't even know him as a character and you're already judging his design. What the fuck is wrong with a helmet on his back? Have you ever thought that maybe it has something to do with his profession? He also has a grappling hook, gloves, belt, pouch on his lower back. He looks geared up for adventure.

I honestly think anyone who pisses and moans about his design is a literal retard.

His design looks nothing like that muck in the pic you posted. He's wearing all colours under the sun and is covered in non-essentials and his design is much more busy, whereas the MC's design is a lot more simple.
>>
>>376501394

I didn't mean it reminded me of it in that it's overdesigned, I meant that it reminded me of it in that it's fucking nonsensical to look at and doesn't communicate anything about the character whatsoever.

Your point about the helmet would be valid, if the rest of his outfit looked in any way air/water tight, but it clearly isn't. That helmet would do fuckall underwater or in space or whatever, unless it's just for protection, but at that point why not just wear a fucking normal helmet instead of an old timey diving helmet? And literally fucking nobody wears chaps + shorts outside of a pride parade. It looks fucking asinine.

Shit makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>376501195
See, you're not very mature. Yours is the type of comment someone immature would post.
>>
>>376501634
>Shit makes no fucking sense.
Have you only started playing JRPGs?

What's a normal helmet? It looks like a steampunk helmet, which is what his design looks like. Probably why his top and trousers have cog designs on them and why his leg attire is made of steel.
>>
>>376501634
>doesn't communicate anything about the character whatsoever

But it does. It tells us that he's maybe a soldier or a skydiver or someone who goes out adventuring for ancient relics. His grappling hook, glove, pouch attached to his lower back (perhaps a flask of water?", steel leg attire. It's all there because it relates to his profession.
>>
>>376501789

Nothing about this design says steampunk. I don't care how many cogs he has, he's still wearing skintight blue shorts with chaps and a fucking diving helmet.

When someone says "steampunk", what comes to mind? Brass, rivets, valves, goggles, arcing electricity, etc.

Not a blue diving helmet.
>>
>>376502017
Did diving helmets rape your mother or something?
>>
it always confuses me when i see people bash xbx and compare it to the original because like, i know you haven't played it, i know you don't have a wii u. don't try and be slick
>>
>>376501895

When your best guess is "a soldier or a skydiver or a relic hunter", it's pretty apparent the design has failed to tell you what he's supposed to be, because those are about as far from each other as you can possibly get.

Look at shulk. "Average guy who got wrapped up in some shit." Real easy to tell from a picture.

Look at the XCX designs. They obviously look like futuristic, space-faring soldiers, just at a glance.

This guy? Who fucking knows. Apparently not you, and sure as fuck not me.
>>
File: 1353925225287.jpg (45KB, 483x469px) Image search: [Google]
1353925225287.jpg
45KB, 483x469px
>>376502050

My fucking mother was a diving helmet, and she beat me every day, you piece of shit.
>>
File: dgn_xenogears_boxpsn.jpg (39KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
dgn_xenogears_boxpsn.jpg
39KB, 400x347px
>>376501056
I fucking hate it. Anime is alright, but the style they went with in XB2 looks like something only a smelly neckbeard would like.

What happened to cool looking anime art like pic related?
>>
File: carlos!.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
carlos!.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>376502221
Sounds like she went off the deep end
>>
>>376501056
it's fine. the only people complaining about it are 16 year old american suburb kids that enjoy south park
>>
>>376502294
>What happened to cool looking anime art like pic related?

The 90s ended is what happened.

I like anime artstyles from all eras though
>>
>>376502157
>This guy? Who fucking knows. Apparently not you, and sure as fuck not me.

He obviously has a profession though and that's what his clothes are communicating. Probably a skydiver.
>>
>>376502157

What JRPG character doesn't get wrapped up in some fucking shit?
Are you actually downified? So you're fucking saying before you played Xenoblade you could tell that Shulk was going to have stuff happen to him just by looking at his design?

You're so autistic man it pains me
>>
>>376502157
they're probably just trying to rid off the memes of the first game and make him look just as ridiculous as shulk
>>
Xenogears > Xenoblade Chronicles > Xenosaga 1 > Xenosaga 3 > Xenoblade Chronicles X > Xenosaga 2
>>
>>376503029
>What JRPG character doesn't get wrapped up in some fucking shit?

Not the point I made, which was that you can tell what he is even before he got wrapped up in shit. Obviously shit has to happen in an RPG, but who it happens to is different every time. And in Shulk's case, he's just some guy. It's very apparent by his casual clothes.

>So you're fucking saying before you played Xenoblade you could tell that Shulk was going to have stuff happen to him just by looking at his design?

See above you sperg. Shit happening to him is implied by the existence of the fucking game. What you can tell just by looking at him is that he's not a soldier, or a wizard, or a thief or any of that shit. He's clearly just an average guy.
>>
File: CqjPgJBUMAAhbDN (1).jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CqjPgJBUMAAhbDN (1).jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
>>376502294
>Hire the same character designer 3 times
>Never bother adjusting your 3D style to make the designs work past the first game

The concept art for X is fucking great but in-game it looks terrible. A custom shader like what XB2 has would've worked wonders for the game.
>>
File: Shulk.png (128KB, 250x401px) Image search: [Google]
Shulk.png
128KB, 250x401px
>>376503476
In what fucking universe are those casual clothes?
>>
>>376501056
>Cute and comfy
Kill yourself already
>>
File: 480[1].png (166KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
480[1].png
166KB, 480x480px
>>376503579

In the fucking Xenoblade universe.

Even ignoring that context, he's still wearing basically what boils down to some shorts, sneakers and a vest.
>>
>>376503579
What's with the life preserver, he jump ship or something?
>>
>>376500256
so is XC2 a sequel or another spiritual sequel like XCX?
>>
>>376503765
He's probably a diver
>>
>>376503476
Isn't he a mechanic or something? Those arent really mechanics clothes.
>>
>>376504552
He's a big fucking nerd who spends all day studying THA POWA OF THA MONADO instead of going outside, and he looks like a big fucking nerd.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.