[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay you weeb fucks. Explain how the fuck is this game even a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: 33714171816_8921d727e0_z.jpg (62KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
33714171816_8921d727e0_z.jpg
62KB, 640x500px
Okay you weeb fucks. Explain how the fuck is this game even a GOAT. In what parallel universe where Asimov died at childbirth is this considered "deep, misunderstood, cult-classic."

>main characters respond by melodramatic animu bullshit.
>sole-drive? animu bullshit about friendship.
>repeats sci-fi themes of the technological singularity and postmodernism every other cyberpunk piece of media has repeated before.
>all endings... ARE ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGEABLE. You are on a given track. It's not like you lift up 2B's panties and suddenly a completely different set of consequences occur. The only changes come from what character you pick in the main endings 3 and 4 and it's so homogenized it's essentially do something with X or do something with Y.
>blindfolding them and then allowing them brief unhindered sight to exposit a point. Muh hurrdurr symbolism that wasn't obvious as fuck as all.
>>
>>375960459
It is GOAT in a world where there are only PC players, because they had nothing else that was good to play these past months. It was ridiculous how much PCfags kept chilling for this game, honestly. Playstation owners quickly moved on to other games while PC only fags still kept talking about this game like it was GOAT.
>>
The other thread isnt over with dumbass, keep it there.
>>
>>375960459
Go back to playing Ultra Realistic War Simulator 3
>>
>>375960459
It's alright but PC faggots acted like it was the second coming of jesus. the original Nier was a lot better,
>>
>>375961603
The original Nier wasn't better in any fucking way.
>>
>>375962662
Characters were a tad better. Automata is better in every other area except OST, where they are about even.
>>
>>375963863
>Characters were a tad better.
No.

The only good character is dub-Weiss and Jap-Emil. Kaine is fucking garbage and Nier himself is a righteous idiot which is a point of the story.
>>
>>375960459
asimov sure was a bad fantasy writer
>>
>>375964151
Anyone whose played Nier 1 for a substantial amount of time knows Nier 1 > Automata so far as characters. It's not even worth debating.

Hell, only 9S even qualifies as a developed character among Automata's primary cast.
>>
File: 1460765328405.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460765328405.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>375964435
>Anyone whose played Nier 1 for a substantial amount of time knows Nier 1 > Automata so far as characters. It's not even worth debating.

Don't even post your shit if you have no arguments to back it up, retard.
>>
>>375961008
That's literally Playstation culture, though. They move to the latest popular game just before the release, shill the fuck out of it to drive preorders until the game is out, and then they completely forget it exists.

Maybe it's because all the games are shit, or maybe it's because they don't care about the actual games, only the concept of preordering. I don't know. It's really weird though.
>>
>>375961603
>the original Nier was a lot better,
Correct. Automata is just as flawed as Nier 1 except it has Platinum as a developer. It doesn't have a good cast like Nier 1 and the OST is actually worse. So Nier is superior to Automata for me.
This game is only best game ever if you're really starved or paid to sell it.
>>
>>375965249
Its called not being a wikifag secondary
>>
The vast majority of Automatafags are just normalfags who bought the game for 2B's ass and aren't used to Taro's writing, thus the game is the greatest thing ever made.
>>
File: 1490646308507.jpg (17KB, 304x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490646308507.jpg
17KB, 304x234px
>>375967264
I would disagree. Replicant/Gestalt had a better narrative and characters, but Automata worked far better on a thematic level which is was obviously focussing more on. For gameplay Automata is obviously superior and in regards to the OST I would rank them both equally but Automata has much better sound direction in how it uses that, so again I would give the win for that category to Automata.
>>
>>375967615
Nier 1 had its thematic stuff on point too, it just didnt beat you over the head with it and let the story speak for itself (and in half the time Automata takes)

All Automata really has going for its story is Ending E, the rest of the game is just a slog with sporadic bits of awesome.
>>
>someone unironically tries to tell me Automata's OST is better than NieR 1's because a few songs have 10 different versions

lmao, it's still great, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>375967817
Nier's story outside of the Shyamalan twist at the end wasn't particularly good.
>>
can't u keep ur shitposting in the other bait thread
>>
>>375967897
The twist is probably the least important part of the game, try again famboii
>>
>>375967817
You mean Ending E credits right? Ending E itself was fucking stupid.

>haha they all come back to life for no reason happy ending, didn't you know the Pods could reconstruct androids piece by piece and back up their black boxes themselves? :^)
>>
>>375967958
It has nothing else going for it though. It's as generic as they come.
>>
>>375967981
Yea the credits bit, thats all anyone wanks about.

And yea I didnt care for thek getting resurrected, but E is pretty much the game deciding to get to the point with its themes instead of dancing around it for 40 hours.
>>
>>375967817
>didn't beat you over the head with it

You're kidding right? Did you forget Roc's quest? Did you forget how they try to beat you over the head with what shit person you are for attacking the shades, when it's literally only in the beginning when they don't attack you, and you're forced to kill them to progress?
>>
>>375967615
Mate Automata's forest and desert themes are really annoying. The default no-vocals version of city ruins can make you fall asleep and make casuals feel bored of the game.

When you go under the shopping center or to Emil's cave, you are reminded of just how superior Nier's music is.
>>
>>375968081
You only feel like a shitty person because you want to. At its core the story about two sides doing their best for what they beleive in. The endings after B dont really matter.
>>
>>375967817
I wasn't saying that Nier didn't have a thematic side going on, it's just my opinion that Automata's themes were more powerful and better presented, even if at times it was as you said beating you over the head with them.

All in all though I think they are both great games so I'm not really sure why I'm arguing this.
>>
>>375967981
Sick bait dude.
>>
The biggest thing that really fucked my enjoyment of the game was the writing honestly.

Like okay, you want to convey themes of existentialism and the rejection of nihilism, and you want to convey a message saying that you should find meaning in meaninglessness? That you should find something to live for even if that life is very bleak and doomed to begin with? Fine, I can get behind that, thats whatever. It works fine and doesn't beat you over the head with it.

But the actual story itself is just.... am I supposed to care about this? It expects me to
>1
Form an emotional connection to 2B while she barely has any meaningful dialogue or interactions to begin with
>2
Care about the romance between 9S and 2B when again, the build up and characterisation is beyond bare bones
>3
Care about the revenge quest of 9S even when the pods could have stopped him with cold logic any time they wanted.

The main cast is just... there. They're complete nobodies and the biggest offender is obviously 2B. Funnily enough, A2 gets more character development in the 3-minute novel sequence at the camp that 2B gets in 15 fucking hours.
Even with that, A2 is just a wall for 9S to voice his autistic rage at, and their conflict ends in the laziest way imaginable.

There were other issues too like the whole story feeling pointless and worthless since theres no reason to care for the characters, world, humans (lol dead anyway) or the outcome of the entire ordeal.

At least the music was motherfucking amazing but holy fuck did the game disappoint me otherwise. The bland overworld and glorified fetch quests barely helped at all.
>>
File: Niertomato.jpg (256KB, 1276x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Niertomato.jpg
256KB, 1276x1032px
>>375968479
also forgot pic
>>
>>375968479
Is this you >>375966434
>>
>>375968627
Generally accurate pic but I didnt hate route b as much as everyone else did

CDE is really on point, the game just has too much bloat for what it offers at the end of the day
>>
>>375967391
It's called being a fucking retarded mongoloid who got BTFO in a second reply. Don't get into a discussion if you can't even back up your shitty opinion, kid.
>>
>>375968479
>Like okay, you want to convey themes of existentialism and the rejection of nihilism, and you want to convey a message saying that you should find meaning in meaninglessness? That you should find something to live for even if that life is very bleak and doomed to begin with? Fine, I can get behind that, thats whatever. It works fine and doesn't beat you over the head with it.
Where do you get that from?
>>
>>375966878
People are just hyped for another Platinum game, honestly. They've got a magic formula that hits the "just right" mark between casual and challenging, cinematic and arcadey. The story is alright, but the gameplay is good, so that makes the story tolerable, or even more engaging. A good example of gameplay > story in games.

So you draw in the lorefags, the cuhrazyfags, the waifufags, and general weeb audience, and you get a pretty sizeable, vocal group, even if it's still niche.
>>
>>375968858
Lol no. I could break it down pretty easily but youll jerk yourself to death about how Automata "focuses on themes more than character" like all the pseuds who worship this game

The fact the main characters only really get developed in side materials says enough. You got shit to say to me buddy.
>>
>>375968121
All this use of "you"

Stop projecting onto others.
>>
>>375967264
Not only the OST in N:A is better but the composer also wove it into gameplay a lot better.
Keiichi Okabe did a great job with N;A and improved his in-game music and how it blends with the different scenes and gameplay a lot.
>>
>>375968747
Yeah
I mean, are you going to suddenly prove something when you discover me talking about the same game in multiple related threads?

>>375968887
The whole game has themes about existentialism anon.
>Existentialism in the broader sense is a 20th century philosophy that is centered upon the analysis of existence and of the way humans find themselves existing in the world. The notion is that humans exist first and then each individual spends a lifetime changing their essence or nature.
>In simpler terms, existentialism is a philosophy concerned with finding self and the meaning of life through free will, choice, and personal responsibility. The belief is that people are searching to find out who and what they are throughout life as they make choices based on their experiences, beliefs, and outlook. And personal choices become unique without the necessity of an objective form of truth. An existentialist believes that a person should be forced to choose and be responsible without the help of laws, ethnic rules, or traditions.
The rejection of nihilism is ending E and how you fight back against the world wanting you to just give up.
>>
Original and Automatas OST are about equal, dunno why youd want to argue about that.

The real disparity is with the stories.
>>
>>375969061
Only Pods 042 and 153 get proper development scenes in Automata.
Its garbage for character development.

>>375969183
Spoken like a true shill, all air.

>>375969109
Replace it with I. What changes? Your lack of an argument and salt is still there.
>>
>>375969061
Bitch get lost already you fucked off from a discussion and attempted to appeal to the people who never said or posted anything because your weak ass opinion just got destroyed and you can't back it up for shit.
>>
>>375969318
I know what the game is about, I don't understand what the fuck you're waffling on about though. Hint, it's the word "should" that you're abusing.
>>
>>375969359
"I" represents a personal opinion, "you" represents the fact you're trying to assert your personal bias as the experience for all others and as fact, when it's not.
>>
>>375969436
>Still going
>>
>>375969492
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>375969359
>Spoken like a true shill, all air.

Spoken like a true retard.
God when genuine stupid people like you are trying to discuss things they have no fucking clue about is always embarrassing to see like even the developers admit that Okabe did a lot better job in N:A with his music that blends perfectly with the gameplay for each scene and here we get a subhuman mongoloid like you who spouts some random crap about "shilling".

Fucking kill yourself you dumb shit, don't waste my oxygen.
>>
>>375969512
In this case, the use of you refers to the music of the stated location.
Emil's lair has Emil's theme from Nier.
The commercial facility has Kaine's theme from Nier.

I am not projecting the music. The music plays in those locations. You're a fucking retard.

Might I add, the desert music plays in the desert and desert housing area, the forest theme plays in the forest and castle area, and the city ruins theme plays in the city ruins and sunken city. You're unbelievable.
>>
>>375961008

What's so upsetting about pc players chilling and enjoying a game, anon?
>>
>>375969787
Are you stupid? You're projecting your opinion of the music on to other people by saying "you realize how superior NieR's music is".
>>
>>375969615
The game conveys a story, you came to a conclusion based on that story and interpreted it as the game telling you that you should do X and Y.
X being "find meaning in meaninglessness" and Y being "find something to live for"

The game never tells you what you should do, it just delivers a story.
>>
>>375969679
Fuck off shill. You SE marketers are ALWAYS fucking garbage at shilling your games. FF15 died here because of that same type of talk. Its like talking someone who doesn't even speak English proper.

So I think that Nier had a superior soundtrack.

You reply to me by saying Okabe "did a great job" on it. But here's the thing. So what? Nier still has the more memorable tracks to me.

You just tried to sell your opinion as if it were the universal consensus.
And then you brush off a potential reply by spewing a mixture of poison. Go waste your air and get stay mad. You SE shills have no class.
>>
>>375970103
I never said it outright tells you to do that, it conveys that as a theme, thats all.
>>
>>375969787
Oh wow you must be even more drunk then me.
I enjoyed the soundtrack very much. I didn't think it was bad because the composer reused themes. Did you hate John Williams for reusing his themes too?
>>
>>375970510
That's why I said you are abusing the word should. Or if that wasn't you, whoever I was replying to was.
>>
Do you guys think... iunno... like many japanese to english media, something, some tiny tid-bit gets lost in translation?

I've heard some pretty cringy GoT subs that didn't convey the full meaning behind conversations in Japanese.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.