[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you find a copy of the original Starcraft source code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 548
Thread images: 73

File: salt.jpg (51KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
51KB, 800x500px
>when you find a copy of the original Starcraft source code but are so much of a retard you return it to Blizzard and get $250 in store credit
FUCK EVERYTHING
>>
File: 1491944008167.jpg (23KB, 264x436px) Image search: [Google]
1491944008167.jpg
23KB, 264x436px
Explain.
Was someone really retarded enough to do this?
>>
>>375916468
just reddit things
>>
>>375916625
yes
>>
>>375916468
The source code is pretty worthless though
>>
Knowing Blizzard, that kid would've been sued the fuck out by them if he had tried making any kind of profit out of it, and maybe even if he just uploaded the source to the web.
The only real thing he could've done was blackmarketing it to the Chinese and I doubt he knew how to do that.
>>
>>375916721
Some collector would probably pay mad dosh for that.
>>
I'd look at it and return it, releasing it publicly is a dick move for competitive sc players by increasing the chance of hacks
>>
>>375916721
How so? Think of all the fixes and enhancement that could have been made.
Also what >>375916792 said
>>
File: frog.jpg (378KB, 899x1280px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
378KB, 899x1280px
>>375916625
Yep.
But he DID get $250 of monopoly money and an all expenses paid trip to BLIZZCON!
WOO! YEAH!
>>
He was forced to do this. Shillzard's lawyer contacted him and asked him politely to return it. Of course he could easily say no, but I'm 100 percent sure that this would fuck him up.
He also had no idea what to do with it, so in order to prevent another xbox emulator tier bullshit he just gave it away to them.
They gave him Overwatch (lmao), lots of Overwatch themed devices (shitty razor keyboard etc.) and a Blizzcon (lmao) ticket, which would come in handy since he really wanted to attend it, apparently.
Stop making shitposts out of the context.
>>
>>375916801
it would also possibly lead to the creation of new advanced tech, or at least a better understanding of what we know now
>>
>>375916468

>$250 store credit
>And a fully paid food/accomidation/flights to blizzcon
>And a bunch of other random shit

Honestly I would've just kept it for myself and told no one until I was an old man.
>>
>>375916828
Get sued by company
Don't get sued by company

Not a difficult choice
>>
>>375916846
>make a copy
>give the original to blizzard
>>
>>375916468
How do you just "find" a copy of a source code? How did it get into his hands in the first place?
>>
Source on this story?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/68xzxt/starcraft_gold_master_source_code_update/
he seems to be content with this cheap merchandise
>>
>>375916468
i read he got paid trip to blizzcon though.
>>
>>375916894
>Get sued by company
For what...
>>
Still smarter than the german kid who hacked Valve, leaked the HL2 beta, got away with it because he covered his tracks, but then had a brain fart and called Valve to brag, identified himself and asked for a job.
>>
Confirmed for not knowing shit.
He talked to his lawers and Bllizzard even asked him to return it. Once he did they gave him the store credit. Shortly after they gave him a shit load of goodies and called him saying if he wants an all expense paid trip to blizzcon and hang out with blizzard for drinks.
>>
>>375916846
>xbox emulator tier bullshit

DONT REMIND ME I AM STILL FUCKING MAD
>>
>>375916856
Creation of new tech using code that's more than 20 years old?
>>
File: 1453368789683.png (64KB, 361x475px) Image search: [Google]
1453368789683.png
64KB, 361x475px
>>375916962
Damn, I forgot about that one.

What a fucking idiot.
>>
Blizzard already has all the source code for their shit, they are one of the few devs to hold onto it (i guess being PC centric helps)

However Blizzard probably don't want any of it leaking, especially not WoW, so Blizzard giving this guy some free shit & a Blizzcon ticket was pretty based
>>
would it actually be worth something in this day and age?
>>
>>375916846
I'd not only make a copy of it, but I'd sell the original master on black market and they wouldn't be able to do shit because Darkweb and TOR exist.
And I'd then sell the copies too.
>>
>>375916953
that's code is propriety of Blizzard.
>>
How do you lose a source code and where the fuck did that guy find it
>>
>>375916953
The code is theirs
>>
>>375917035
Of course Jimmy, now go pack your lunch for school.
>>
>>375916913

>implying he didn't make a copy before returning it
>>
>>375917035
And how do you know he hasn't made a copy? It's not like he would be admitting to it in public
>>
>>375917051
So what? You happen to have a copy. That's there fucking problem, you didn't steal it.
>>
>>375916817
Because it's very outdated and recreating it from scratch but with better code would take like a month
>>
>>375916894
He could've been smart and not posted it on his main reddit account.
But I expect too much from the people who post there.
>>
>>375916770
well he could've just not create a fucking thread on reddit revealing his identity and quietly upload it
>>
>>375916929
>Good on you OP
>You did the right thing!
I fucking hate reddit.
>>
>>375917160
>implying he did
Were talking about reddit here pham
Same site of the Xbox devkit made into a gaymen pc
>>
He should have uploaded it to a file sharing site on public wifi before telling anyone what he found. Don't tell anyone you uploaded it either, just let it sit.

Wait for a bit and share it around, keep disk for yourself and don't tell anyone for years until the source code is spread everywhere and its become one of those things anyone can download without repercussions (like Crash Bandicoot beta that uncovered a whole bunch of scrapped levels). Then "find" the disk and blizzard has nothing to threaten you with because its contents have been pseudo-public domain for years. So you can brag about owning it, or sell it.
>>
>>375916962
You forgot the part where Gayben deceptively tried to make him come to US where FBI was already waiting for him and ready to throw him in jail for 140+ combined years for all the "crimes" he did and German police intervened and nabbed his ass before FBI could, then the Germans let him go off free because they hated the FBI, he only had to do some public community work for like 20 hours a week for like half a year and that was it.
>>
>>375917265
But then he wouldn't get all that online cred
>>
>>375916817
>Think of all the fixes and enhancement that could have been made.

This isn't like the situation with Doom 3, or Quake. Looking at that source code without a FLOSS license would pollute a software developer and you'd never legally be able to distribute anything based on it.
>>
>>375917230
you can't prove it
>>
File: 2321351235213.jpg (53KB, 242x265px) Image search: [Google]
2321351235213.jpg
53KB, 242x265px
>>375917230

>Hmm this car was left on the side of the road and some random dude walked up to me and said hey, want to buy it? $20.

lmao not my problem
>>
>>375917230
Maybe you didn't steal it, but you have to return it
>>
>>375917332
innocent till proven guilty, unless the accuser is a big corporation kek america
>>
>>375916828
>all expenses paid trip to blizzcon
Poor guy
>>
>>375917169
Because he's clearly a retard that gave out the master which is FAR more valuable than a copy.
>>
>Source code is Blizzard's intellectual property
>Was also stolen from their
>It belongs to Blizzard even if some tard found it in a box of used Dragon Dildos that he paid for
>Kids on this site still don't get it.

It doesn't matter if it's old, it contains a lot of information regarding Blizzard's coding and tech, not to mention that it could be used to make total conversions, hacks and who knows what else? Blizzard asked for it and they got too many lawyers behind them.

>Hey Anon, please step out of that vehicle, we ran the plates and it's clearly stolen
>NO! FUCK YOU COPPER, I BOUGHT IT AT A LOT AUCTION, IT WAS JUST THERE WITH 20 OTHER CARS! IT'S CLEARLY MINE!
>>
>>375917323
i think 1337 streetcred comes with legal issues, blizzard is known for their ruthless lawsuits
>>
>>375917146
>>375917051
So? How exactly do you think they'll file proceedings here?

How the fuck do you think they're going to prove that you even have it, let alone that it belongs to them? Your shitty reddit article? Lmao give me a break.

There's no crime and unless you're stupid enough to put it on Ebay there's no proof that you're profiting either.
>>
>>375917240
Has actually already happened at least once. That engine also gets used for Bos Wars.
>>
>>375917439
>(((stolen)))
Nigga they just said that to persuade him into returning it
They have the fucking code they just don't want anyone else to have it
>>
>>375917439
Welcome to /v/

>>375917482
whoa we have a corporate lawyer here
>>
>>375917029
Blizza has said that they lost the source code for the original build to WoW. It was mentioned as a reason against legacy servers.
>>
>>375917439
anon the difference here is there is no license plate for a disc you have no grounds to prove it is stolen you might as well use a food analogy
>>
>>375916721

It's the holy grail for modders.
>>
>>375917575
>believing those lies
Big tech corporations don't lose things.
>>
>>375916929
The fuck is that blue plush thing
>>
>>375917482
>How the fuck do you think they're going to prove that you even have it, let alone that it belongs to them?
They can't, but if you start blabbering about you selling it they will press charges, most likely. How do you think the gold disc was in his hands for so long? How do you think Nintendo Playstation was discovered? Nobody fucking knew. There's no crime if you don't do anything, but they most likely would want it back. If you say no, then you're stealing.
>>
>>375917642
They do.
The government I work for has lost plenty of code.
>>
>>375916919
Apparently he bought it in an auction of a box of random Blizzard stuff. The SC was reported stolen.
>>
>>375917439
would you really feel bad about stealing from blizzard
that's literally multi billionaire corporation
>>
>>375916468

Stop complaining OP. I know a gay Christian who received >£450,000 ($500,000? USD) in bank transfer in error and asked for the bank to return it, because, "It wasn't his", even after the bank insisted it was. He ended up receiving 2 bottles of wine as a thank you from the original sender in the Indian sub-continent, who had sent the (dodgy) money to the wrong account.
>>
>>375917726
Fucking christians and their morals
>>
now blizz can be lazy and not fix bugs that have gone unfixed for years in the new remaster
>>
>>375917726
Kek'd
>>
>>375917332
>you can't prove it
That's not how burden of proof works you fucking ape.
>>375917439
Are you fucking stupid? You don't just file proceedings and hope for the best, you'd have to know who has the copy, where the copy is, or have proof that he sold it and profited from the sale.

>hurr durr dicksucker34 on /r/thedonad has a picture of this CD lets go to court

Who do you file against? Reddit? Do you subpoena Reddit for this retards ID? No of course you fucking don't. Nothing was stolen. You don't have a fucking chance.

>hurr durr it belongs to me
Great.
>>
>>375917726
Your friend could get in prison for taking that money. It was his card, after all, they could track the money. Retard who had the source code however could sell it/upload online and get away with it
>>
>all expenses paid trip to Blizzcon
Yeah I remember they did that before with some contest winner, sadly that guy was European and they wouldn't cover expenses until after he had arrived in the US by plane, and he couldn't afford to go.
"Oh well" they said, and sent him a swag bag with a whopping value of $30, in return for his artwork which they now owned the rights to use.

kek
>>
File: 1492762108915.jpg (10KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1492762108915.jpg
10KB, 320x180px
>>375917726
>gay Christian
Nani?
>>
in fairness

i wouldn't know what the fuck to do with it, how to make any money off of it or what it could do

i'd probably make a thread on /v/ then someone would tell me to sell it and then dox me or some shit
>>
>>375917640

Yep, see Falcon 4.0 BMS, Free Falcon, Open Falcon etc, as well as all the EECH updates and upgrades to 1.15
>>
>>375917482
File a lawsuit against the ISP for conspiracy with unnamed additional conspirators
ISP settles out of court in return for putting a name/address to the IP

>There's no crime
Theft of a physical gold master disc would almost certainly rate as grand larceny, and the intent to, and ultimate distribution of the contents would get you hammered with additional charges.

Seriously, you can get decades of prison time thrown at you for downloading freely available stuff from a college if you plan to redistribute it in a way that the publisher doesn't approve of.
>>
This raises an interesting question I've never really thought about before.

What happens to stolen goods that have been resold legally? For example if I bought a pre-owned game from GameStop (let's say an incredibly rare retro game), and the next day it's uncovered that the guy who traded it in stole it from a collectors house earlier that morning. Obviously the thief gets into trouble, but what happens to me? Am I forced to give up the property that I purchased legally? If tbe item can't be replaced (eg there's only one copy of this game in this condition) it can't be returned to original owner without also forcibly taking something from me.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>375917649
>go on any VPN
>make new ribbit account
>Post it there
W-woah!
Or better yet post it here and let some other anon spread it around
>>
>>375917868
>Your friend could get in prison for taking that money
It's not like it was a bribe so how is it illegal?

At worst he might have to give it back.
>>
>b-b-b-but blizzard would sue him!
just upload it to the internet anonymously what are they going to do?
>>
File: 15 - 1 (13).jpg (31KB, 384x219px) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1 (13).jpg
31KB, 384x219px
>>375916468
My god it's like that story of the faggot who sold the developer edition Xbox 360.

We could have had properly cracked and emulating Xbox 360 games.
>>
WoW's source code would literally sell for millions on the black market

So naturally if some kid on Reddit got it he would overwrite the disc to put Rick & Morty on it

Luckily SC1's source code isn't worth anything outside of a collectors sort of thing
>>
File: VrCgQA0.jpg (81KB, 586x900px) Image search: [Google]
VrCgQA0.jpg
81KB, 586x900px
>He didn't anonymously leak it online when he realized what he had in his hands

Fuck
>>
>>375917873

His name ironically is Chris. The Lord works in mysterious ways
>>
>>375917542
>This physical media has been missing from our HQ for years, we assumed it lost and didn't care to report it as stolen since it's one of the many copies we have. Now seeing it out in the wild we have come to realize it must have been taken by a former employee.

Something like that is all it takes. Once you state that something is yours, with enough proof of it belonging to you, anyone still holding onto it can be considered either an accessory to its theft or dealing with stolen property.

The fact that no other Software company out there owns Starcraft, and by extension its source code, is proof enough of Blizzard's ownership.

You can't just keep people's shit, even more so aftee outing yourself like that.
>>
>>375917868
If it gets put in there on accident and it wasn't some guberment official doing shady business he had zero legal obligation or reason to send it back.
>>
>>375918003
>there's only one in existence
>after he finds it, the content mysteriously appears online
>hmm I wonder who leaked it
>>
File: 1493510264542.jpg (46KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493510264542.jpg
46KB, 720x540px
>upload it secretly
>act like you found it + get good boy box and 250 bux
>start leaking the upload
>everybody wins
>>
>>375918003
Why would he? he has amazing link karma now and getting his 15 minutes of fame
>>
>>375917881
Hirosima Nagasaki would give your IP to blizzard to avoid lawsuits I guess
>>
>>375916846
>He was forced to do this. Shillzard's lawyer contacted him and asked him politely to return it.
Blizztard's lawyer didn't force him to post on plebbit like a fucking retard going all LOL HEY GUIZE I FOUND STARCRAFT MASTER GOLD SOURCE CODE CD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAT DO???????
He's still a fucking retard
>>
>>375917990
Find you and sue you
>>
>>375916468
Literally copy the contents of the cd. What the fuck?
>>
>>375918116
>game slowly leaks online
>weeks later some guy public and says he bought the starcraft source from some shady guy a few days ago
So hard
>>
>returned it as a normal white would do
>didn't copy it and shared it with everyone while pretending it wasn't him like a nigger would do
I see nothing wrong with this
>>
>>375918123
This
He should have waited for the code to spread and then "find it"
But then again this is reddit
>>
>>375918116
Nobody knew where the content is from, the only one who knew was some random shitstain from Ebay who has stolen it and sold it to him in the first place. I don't think blizzard knew who has stolen it, they would've done something about that, no doubt
>>
>>375917439
Welcome to /v/, where everyone has the mentality of a shitty huemonkey.
>>
>>375917979

He could have sat on it and just earned interest in a high interest account. This bank suggested this. He hired a firm to trace the originators who sent the money. As far as we are able to ascertain it was something to do with a dodgy deal or purchase of 3 houses in Leeds, Yorkshire.
>>
>>375917642
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the corporations and governent are not all powerful and efficient evil masterminds. Shit gets lost all the time. Tons of remastered games had to be build from retail copies because the source code was simply gone. It's even worse with older movies, stuff is just gone forever until someone finds a print hidden in some dudes attic in South America.

Modern technology vastly improved archiving. Nothing seen by the public Disapears off the face of the earth anymore, but source code and original assets are still not kept very well.
>>
>>375918420
this anon gets it
notice how some GOG games just used cracked .exe files to avoid DRM from ages ago
>>
File: Hackerman.jpg (112KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hackerman.jpg
112KB, 500x500px
Let this sink in:

If he hadn't posted on le leddit where many of Blizzard's employees also read and post, in order to make people aware of his discovery, he would have gotten shit all once he sent it to Activision-Blizz like a good boy.

The only reason they sent him some worthless crap and baby's dolls is because he went public with it and suddenly their PR people chimed in saying they better give the dumb tool some stuff from their web store.
He could have simply returned it quietly without no one ever knowing, and he would have gotten nothing. Not a thing.

Of course, he could also have stayed quiet so nobody knew he had it (least of all Blizzard) and sold it to a collector for ACTUAL MONEY, but that doesn't give any upvotes. He had two options and he went with the one that got him attention.
>>
>>375918420
Literally the only surviving copies of the deleted scenes from Event Horizon were from a VHS take in some Mexican guy's attic. Shit's dumb.
>>
File: 1492173832924.png (209KB, 359x424px) Image search: [Google]
1492173832924.png
209KB, 359x424px
I would mail it to Randy Pitchford then send an anonymous tip to Blizzard that he stole the source code & is using it for his new RTS
>>
File: sc.png (19KB, 1390x165px) Image search: [Google]
sc.png
19KB, 1390x165px
>>
>>375918116
Just do this: >>375917314

upload it secretly and leave it on the Internet (with no one ever finding it because you'd name it something random and never link it) and then "discover" this file a year later using completly different ip, computer and country if you were paranoid.

Then after its common knowledge and shared everywhere, reveal you have the disk if you care.
>>
>>375917937

It's not yours. You will have it confiscated and returned to the original owner. If the original owner has been compensated via insurance or cannot be traced the goods are sold by the police at auction. If you knowingly bought or received stolen goods then you will be charged with the receiving offence. That's how it works over here. Your local law may differ slightly.
>>
>>375918667
He's not wrong about that. Nobody would have actually been able to use that source code for anything, it would have been too much of a legal risk.
>>
>>375918745
You can tell from his posts that he did not have even a fraction of the balls required for that. He was literally pissing his pants at the briefest notion that this could have any kind of ramifications for him.

He was scared shitless and shipped that thing immediately. Because he's a giant fucking pussy.
>>
>>375918264
Nah. Giving it back to Blizzard would actually be a very selfish choice. Let me explain.
So here are this guy's options:
1. Announce that he has the code, give it to blizzard, get some useless free stuff.
2. Sell it online for good money.
3. Release it for public, so people can do ports, mods, fixes and improvements, also improving indie industry and "damaging" billionaire corporation, which is, for some reason, is considered bad thing.

Idk, man. The only profitable options are options 1 and 2. Releasing it online would be the only decent move.
>>
>>375918613
>PR does their job of making someone else look good
What a revelation. It's almost like companies don't always do things purely out of their own best interest.
>>
File: blizzcon.gif (659KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
blizzcon.gif
659KB, 320x180px
>meanwhile at blizzcon
>>
>>375918264
>guy returns it for immediate reward, 100 years from now we can't patch starcraft to work on Microdeck 5000 computers because blizzard never released the source code before California fell into the ocean during the Great Meme War of 2089
no anon you are the nigger who can't into long term planning, think ahead far beyond your own time and keep the source code a secret then release it upon your death/blizzards inevitable downfall
>>
>>375918924
It's not even about the lack of the balls. I mean, this guy is a living reddit stereotype. He just really DIDN'T UNDERSTAND what would happen if he leaked it online. He literally delegated his actions to public reddit opinion.
>>
File: 1436464106709.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436464106709.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>375918638
Underrated
>>
>>375918767
Over here in the civilized world, someone who buys something stolen in good faith, from a goodwill or thrift store for example, cannot be persecuted and is not forced to return said item UNLESS the original owner, upon proving ownership without a shadow of doubt, have to reimburse the new owner + pay a finders fee of at least 60% of the object's maximum assumed worth.
>>
File: 2sqfmqy4.png (62KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
2sqfmqy4.png
62KB, 300x244px
>>375919030
>>
>>375919065
The only video games from our time that will survive are classic Id games, Descent Freespace, and a bunch of independent open source projects.
Everything else will be destroyed in the great IP wars around the time of the return of L Ron Hubbard.
>>
Wow, jewzard fans are literal cucks, what a surprise
>>
>>375919097
The guy sounded really dumb, he probably didn't even make a copy of it
>>
>>375919207
>L Ron Hubbard
can someone give me a basic gestalt on this guy?
>>
Honestly releasing it back to Blizzard could potentially bite him in the ass.

What if someone else has a copy? They could upload the thing tomorrow using a bunch of proxies or whatever, and everyone would just assume the reddit guy made copies and distributed them before sending it back.
>>
>>375916869
Then he prolly has a copy... to hold onto until he was an old man, and told no one.

tosser
>>
>>375919279
of course he didn't
maybe he actually made a big play and is gonna upload it in a week and blame it on the guy who he bought the disc off
>>
>>375919310
And it literally wouldn't matter because they couldn't prove it. Which is also why there's absolutely no reason for him to not have released it publicly himself.
>>
Even if it's theirs the dumbass could've negotiated a MUCH better deal on his part but he is probably a pussy and agreed to the first (cheap) offer from the sound of it
>>
>>375919310
That's what you get for being that cucked, I guess.
>>
>>375916721

ahahaha holy fuck
>>
>I-I'm sorry that I have your p-property, master. I will return it promptly, please do not set the lawyers on me. I swear, I am a good boy. Please sirs, may I h-have some scraps for my good behavior?

Pretty revolting tbqbhimtho
>>
>>375917726
wouldn't their be legal consequences if he spent the money?
>>
>>375916894
The dude could still have sold it anonymously if he was smart.
>>
>>375919567
>bank literally tells him it's his
>consequences
>>
>>375919558
The worst part is he didn't get real money. He got native american beads and Blizzard monopoly/fun money.
>>
>>375916468
>that reflection
is that really the picture of reddit hive mind autism
>>
>>375919558
Sadly, this is the mindset of the people that got Trump into power
>>
>>375919687
i know it's bait, but how so
>>
I would have publicly announced that I had it and only returned it to piss of 4chan /v/.

The butthurt would be remembered for centuries.
Same for the xbox dev kit thing.
>>
>>375919687
if this kid read art of the deal he could have got millions from Blizzard
>>
>>375919687
Keep your politics on /pol/, faggot
>>
File: oh hahaha.jpg (43KB, 316x308px) Image search: [Google]
oh hahaha.jpg
43KB, 316x308px
Thank god there's vigilant, honest people like him around to protect the IP of giant soulless video game conglomerates that make millions every month.
>>
>>375917726
Was it fancy wine?
>>
>>375919310
> Be Blizzard Employee
> see this whole scenario
> ask him a bunch of questions when we meet him on his free trip
> find out where he lives
> take source code and upload it from his garden using mobile data so it looks like he attempted to hide it
> sue him
> even if you don't win, ruin his life with legal fees
>>
>>375917873
He's said Christain, not Muslim.
>>
>>375919772
Nah, what you would do is mail it around to EA, Valve, Gearbox, Id etc, then upload it

Watch Blizzard sue half the game industry over it
>>
File: 3f2.png (436KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
3f2.png
436KB, 750x545px
>>375916468
>>375916663
>>375916828

this cant possibly be real
>>
Trying to pawn this off would be stupid. Trying to use it even more so.
Personally, I'd just keep it as a souvenir.
>>
File: 1475430705209.png (14KB, 365x112px) Image search: [Google]
1475430705209.png
14KB, 365x112px
>>375917318
Valve is redpilled.
>>
File: reality.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reality.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>375919948
>>
File: 1493462636180.png (285KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1493462636180.png
285KB, 444x440px
>>375919624
>The worst part is he didn't get real money. He got native american beads and Blizzard monopoly/fun money

And he's content with it too.
>>
>>375920023
kns 3 when
>>
>>375919931

Depressed Butthurt is more fun than Corporate Butthurt.
>>
>>375919030

I feel they insulted him a little bit
>>
>>375917328
So I wouldn't even be able to copy some code from it? Even a line of function? Where do I draw the line
>>
File: kek.jpg (20KB, 292x326px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
20KB, 292x326px
Meanwhile at Blizzard HQ

"Hey, some kid posted on reddit that he found one of our source code discs. Do we need to take him out? The lawyer swat team is already prepped"
"No no, that wouldn't look good. Just post on reddit reminding him that giving it back is the right thing to do, everyone there is completely spineless so he will cave immediately"
"Okay, I'll try that"

20 minutes later.

"Well, it worked. He even said that "If the disc ended up in the wrong hands it wouldn't be good for anybody"
"Almost makes you feel sorry for him, doesn't it?"
"PR says we should give him something in return for his craven behavior, what are you thinking?"
"Well, look in the employee grab bag and take a couple things that nobody wanted, like that ugly Winston plushie. Don't waste actual money on him."
"Rodger that."
>>
>>375916846
>>375916969
What happened with the Xbox emulator? Didn't know it existed.
>>
>>375920156
if you don't stop thinking like that you'll soon realize all software patents are bogus garbage then they come for you
>>
>>375920232

Soem guy had an xbox dev kit.
Gutted it and erased everything to make a PC case.

I don't see why anyone gives a fuck honestly.
>>
>>375917230
Selling or possessing stolen goods is a crime.
>>
>>375919881
not a real christian
he may believe in christ and whatever but thats clearly against traditional christian teachings and theirs more to christianity then just believing in christ, its pretty niave to think thats the only attribute to its definition
even if you say he interpreted it his own way, he's clearly overruled by the hundreds thousands of other interpretations that disagree with him
if the vast majority of people in a canopy of explanation agree on something then that becomes the belief system associated with the name and others are pushed out
>>
File: 1491789774532.png (85KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
1491789774532.png
85KB, 276x276px
>$250 worth of future Blizzard games
>Free trip to America (Can ignore Blizzcon and just do your own thing)
>Don't get sued for leaking source code
>>
>>375920331
>source code for one of the most popular games of all time remains locked behind activision/blizzard
>ACTIVISION
>>
File: agm2evqtlkrrga2wqhtu.png (411KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
agm2evqtlkrrga2wqhtu.png
411KB, 800x450px
>>375916468
DID HE HAVE THIS CD FOR 19 years???

Or did he just randomly receive it now in the year 2017 when he tried to buy the Starcraft trilogy?
>>
>>375920062
He's a very very good goy.
>>
>>375916894
if only there was a market where we can buy and sell things which is prohibited by law.

oh well.
>>
File: 1443342401946.jpg (274KB, 677x995px) Image search: [Google]
1443342401946.jpg
274KB, 677x995px
>>375920331
>being a good goy
>>
File: 1491303043168.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1491303043168.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>>375919931
Holy shit, if I ever find sc, I'll do that. Thx for the tip anon.
>>
File: siege d'amour chair.jpg (42KB, 468x398px) Image search: [Google]
siege d'amour chair.jpg
42KB, 468x398px
>>375920331
>$250 worth of future Blizzard games
Because Blizzard makes so many games and new IP's, oh boy.
He's American, he already lives there, dumbass.
>Don't get sued for leaking source code
You don't know that yet. If someone had it before him, or has a similar disc and decides to release it, he'll get sued anyway.
>>
So assuming you got the disc
How would you leak it without being tracked?
>>
>>375920452
He should have alphabay'ed that shit. Good fucking point. I'm pretty sure those cyka blyats at AB would have personally purchased it off of him.
>>
File: 544858.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
544858.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>375917439
>find wallet with 6 figures worth of cash , id , driver's license,keys to the car , house ownership deed, key to the house in it
>decide to do the honest thing and return it
>'wow i'm so thankful you're a lifesaver, this kind of honesty deserves a reward'
>'here's 5 bux'
and it's no dumber than your car analogy neither
>>
>>375920452
who's gonna buy it, it's mostly of interest to people with too much spare time that want to port it to calculators or archive it forever or whatever. the kind of people that aren't going to pay big money and are probably too afraid of legal consequence to actually go through with the purchase anyway. likely it just ends up in the hands of some slav who buys it for 1k and then it ends up disappearing forever.
>>
>>375920452
b-b-but blizzard would find you!! there's no way to anonymously disseminate some data on a fucking disc to a huge group of people !
>>
>>375916468
This fucking retard should be beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat.

What kind of cuck does this?
>>
>>375920331
>>Don't get sued for leaking source code

>Don't brag to people on Reddit about what you found
>Go to some random place with wi-fi and start a torrent for it
>Nobody will ever be able to know it was you so you can't be sued
Not that hard
>>
>>375920584
>go to public wifi cafe
>get on a proxy
>post source on 8friends and various warez sites
>walk away
>throw away burner kindle or other wifi device
>check once you get home to make sure people managed to get it downloaded before goy mods deleted your threads/posts.
>>
>>375916721
Are you fucking stupid? It would go for tens of thousands of dollars

This is fucking SOURCE code. This shit is literally the most valuable thing of any game developer.
>>
File: questionman.jpg (18KB, 378x293px) Image search: [Google]
questionman.jpg
18KB, 378x293px
>$250 bucks worth of store credit with a company that has released ONE new IP in the span of the last 15 years.

What did they mean by this?
>>
Someone like LGR would have paid $250 cash for that disc.
>>
>>375920982
They meant that they think their monopoly fun money is somehow even comparable to the USD.
>>
>>375920981
Maybe it would have been worth tens of thousands back when Starcraft was new. Now it's more like a collector's item
>>
https://m.imgur.com/jqoaWDM?r

>thx for the plushies and diablo bottleopener guys...
>>
>>375920981
You clearly aren't a programmer
>>
>>375921135
What the actual fuck is that blue thing?
>>
>/v/s so delusional they think the guy who likes Blizzard isn't happy with what he got for being a Good Suramaritan
>>
>>375921124
People have paid thousands of dollars for NES cartridges. I can easily see some sperglord paying $5k for a gold disk of Starcraft source code. Better yet, some cyka blyat in Russia that still plays CS 1.6 and Starcraft would easily get the mafia funds together to bust out $10k for it.
>>
>>375920870
>Give it to blizz for goodboy points and finders reward
>They put two and two together
>Use their expensive team of lawyers to fuck you
Its amusing that people here think you wouldn't get fucked if you just leaked it early, or late, or claimed you got it elsewhere.

>Game is leaked
>You are known to have/dad a copy on CD
>All you can do is whine bitch tears in court that you totally got it elsewhere you guys
>Even if you can't be shown to be the leaker, you'll be fucked in lawyer fees to defend yourself. If you can't afford them, you're just fucked right away because LOL JUSTICE SYSTEM.
The only thing he could do was hand that shit in, or leak it and never contact blizz for a reward. Maybe you faggots care about SC but most people would rather just get some nice shit out of the find.
>>
How could anyone even prove it's legit and should be returned? It's just a pic of a disc with some writing on it

Nigga could have just put it up on ebay with a piece of tape over Starcraft and the Bliz logo and write "St@rcr_ft source code for sale" or some shit
>>
>>375921240
>Suramaritan

ONE OF THE WITHERED IS RUNNING AWAY! CATCH HIM BEFORE HE IS LOST IN THE TUNNELS.
>>
This is what loyalty is worth these days?
>>
>>375921438
maybe the whole story is fake and is just an attempt to drum up some hype for starcraft remastered this summer.
>>
>>375921394
>Its amusing that people here think you wouldn't get fucked if you just leaked it early, or late, or claimed you got it elsewhere.

I mean that he straight up shouldn't have told anyone publicly that he had it, which means Blizzard wouldn't know where to look. That's the supposed circumstances of my example
>>
>>375921394
Blizzard actually has to prove that you leaked it and that you weren't faking the source. Even if you did show off the CD, if you leaked it anonymously and then threw the CD into a landfill, they can't sue you. You can just say, "It was a prank, bro." Smartest thing to do is just to keep your mouth zipped shut and leak it anonymously though.
>>
What was he supposed to do?
Why would he leak the code? So a couple of sc nerds can jerk off to it? That sure is worth the lawsuit

I would had done the same desu,
>>
>>375921535
>$250 worth of merchandise
>free cross country trip
>VIP pass and a chance to meet Blizzard devs

Wow so worthless
>>
>>375921535
>Diablo bottle opener
No good deed goes unpunished in this world
>>
Why does rebbit always do this
>>
>>375921554
would not be surprised if this is the real truth
>>
File: wow erp1.jpg (64KB, 471x343px) Image search: [Google]
wow erp1.jpg
64KB, 471x343px
>>375921535
>gay flag on the plushie
>gay flag on the CHROMA keyboard logo
>bottle opener

I am absolutely serious now. What did they mean by this?
>>
>>375920679
Don't forget making a post on reddit bragging about the $5
>>
File: 563595.jpg (18KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
563595.jpg
18KB, 300x240px
Gul'dan is dead.

Suramar sky is grey.

One of the withered

Is running away.
>>
>>375921641
That is pretty fucking worthless for the source code of Starcraft you retard
>>
>>375921641

>sell it on ebay for thousands of buckaroos for some collector
>>
>>375921760
Youre worthless
>>
>>375921641

vs potentially ushering a new age of game modification like when the Doom source code was released. We could have had another one of those on our hands, and I would consider that much more valuable
>>
>>375919030
fucking kek
>>
>>375921641
>a chance to meet Blizzard devs
anyone worth meeting has left "blizzard" a long time ago, just like valve
>>
>>375921712
i was out visiting some relatives at their country home the other day after this big fucking rainstorm, and they actually used some spotlights or some shit to make this big gay flag over their backyard. it's out of control dude
>>
>>375916997
Anon means in-game tech, like new competitive techniques.

SC is still a huge deal to the chinks
>>
>>375921641
Even more if you think about it. That stuff in the pic is just what they sent him in addition to the $250 in store credit.

>Box of goodies worth probably around $300
>Another $250 on top of that.
>Cross-country airfare (easily $800+)
>VIP Blizzcon weekend pass (Another $400 or so? I'm not sure what Blizzcon costs.)
>Drinks with staff PAID (another $100?)

So nearly $2000 worth of stuff for doing the right thing? Yeah, dude not only did the morally right thing, he also got pretty damn good compensation.
>>
>>375921828
The only noteworthy people that are actually gone are Rob Pardo and Greg Street

Chris Metzen might as well still be employed with how much hes still involved
>>
>>375917439
>it's against the ruuuules MOMMYYYY
>>
File: 1462056845066.png (422KB, 712x643px) Image search: [Google]
1462056845066.png
422KB, 712x643px
>>
>>375921950
>metzen
why did they ever let him out of the drug filled art room again?
>>
>>375921891
Goy shit aside, would you risk a life ruining lawsuit to please random sc fans? Why
>>
>>375921950
Greg Street works for Riot and League of Legends now.
>>
File: 1479258529164.png (165KB, 1125x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479258529164.png
165KB, 1125x900px
>>375921925
>the right thing
>>
>>375920331
I would of asked for the new and upcoming Overwatch Nendos too.
>>
>>375921712
Its just a rainbow my dude.
>>
>>375921535
I'd be pretty happy with that. And by doing a good deed, stealing is wrong. That code is Blizzards, leaking isn't cool.
>>
>>375916468
From Blizzard's point of view, would it even matter if the source code got leaked? It doesn't impact piracy that already exists, it'd just let modders do more impressive stuff.

Why are they so thankful to get it back.
>>
>>375921394
Or C:
>Don't reveal you have source/thing
>Don't publicize it on fucking reddit
>post on an anonymous board from Burger Kings wifi if you need help or confirmation of said thing
>Torrent that shit from there or other public place
>Stay quiet on where you got it or who the fuck you are
>Don't get greedy and be satisfied that everyone now has access to rare thing

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>375921226
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Goblin
>>
You can tell the NEETs by how they're willing to throw their life away for source code.
>>
>>375922089
>stealing is wrong
Who stole what again in that story?
>>
>>375922094

They secretly hate every single fan of SC1 and modding
>>
>>375922054
Yes. He found someone's lost property and returned it. That's literally the RIGHT thing to do.
>>
>>375922104
Man, Diablo has changed since LoD.
>>
Why are people in this thread so retarded?

>Why did he give it back, they only gave him 250 bucks
>He should have given it to us for FREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>375921712
>>375921883
>gay flag on the CHROMA keyboard logo
I like (fucking hate) this meme where rainbows are not allowed to exist outside of the context of faggots.
The keyboard logo is obviously to highlight it being a backlit keyboard.
>>
>>375921760
The code itself is worthless, but it's a legendary collector's item
>>
>>375921925
This better be b8

>multi billion dollar company
>reward for giving one of their main IPs secret back
>2000$ worth of said company's crap

If this isn't b8, kys
>>
>>375922094
because now you will buy their remaster rather than download Joe McModder's remaster that is much better since he can put a billion hours into it for free
>>
>>375916468
WE HAD THIS THREAD LAST NIGHT
Stop trying to trigger more faggots with this
>>
>>375922250
Neck yourself shitstain.
>>
>>375922278
see
>>375921554
>>
>>375922226
>That's literally the RIGHT thing to do
Explain
>>
>>375921135

they sent him a pile of actual garbage

that's hilarious
>>
Reminder

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5qewph/refurbished_and_old_xbox_development_kit_and_made/
>>
>>375922134
>You can tell the ArchiveTeamFags by how they're willing to throw their life away for source code.
ftfy
>>
>>375922303
So you really are that fucking stupid?

Pls ask for 10 bucks if you ever find Coca Cola recipe. And use that money to buy a rope.
>>
>>375921925
>Box of goodies worth probably around $300
$300 retail but probably ~$50 as far as Blizzard is concern. This is shit they either weren't going to sell for retail or were just going to give away to employees. It's not like they went to Amazon and put purchase orders in for this kid.

>Another $250 on top of that.
That's like saying getting $250 in Chuck E. Cheese credit is equivalent to $250 in hard cash. No, monopoly money is not real money.

>Cross-country airfare (easily $800+)
That actually is worth what you are saying. $800 is still a bit pricey but I can easily see a two way cross country flight costing $500+

>VIP Blizzcon weekend pass (Another $400 or so? I'm not sure what Blizzcon costs.)
Literally free for them. It's a fucking club good. No real external cost for them.

>Drinks with staff PAID (another $100?)
>a few pitches of beer at around $10 a pop
>and a free lunch costing around ~$40
I'd put it more at like $80 or so honestly, and the blizzard devs can just mark this as a business cost so it's not like anyone is paying out of pocket for this. These are corporate funds that are expected to be spent.

Really, they shelled out like maybe $600~$700 maybe for him with the vast majority going to the airplane fare. What I'm trying to get at is this: retail value is not the same as costs.
>>
>get free shit
Or
>give it to retards on The Internet For free

Thats a Hard choice kek
>>
We did it reddit
>>
>>375922314
Did you just never learn ethics or morality?

>Someone loses something
>You find the thing

You have two options:
-Return the thing to the person who lost it, thereby being a responsible and worthwhile member of society.

-Keep the thing and/or sell it to someone else and be a literal garbage person with nothing to offer the world.
>>
>>375922371
tl;dr

redditard guts an dev xbox 360 kit to make a custom rig
big chance it contained halo 1 alpha since it was one of the first games
>>
>>375922391
>$300 retail but probably ~$50 as far as Blizzard is concern.

seriously who gives a fuck what the MSRP is? it's garbage.
>>
File: 1491853080957.jpg (97KB, 626x513px) Image search: [Google]
1491853080957.jpg
97KB, 626x513px
>>375922371
>linking to redit
>>
>>375922402
>both for double the (yous)
Except he's retarded.
>>
>>375922493
it was an original xbox kit, not xbox 360
>>
>>375919156
Ahh New Syria

Dog bless Murkel
>>
>>375922391
That really doesn't matter, considering the alternatives.

Sell it and get assraped by laywers.
Give it to the internet for free, maybe get assraped by laywers and get nothing.

He chose the smarter option.
>>
>>375922097
>Don't get greedy
Jesus christ this. Faggot got greedy and got $250 worth of blizzard fun bucks for it. Probably spent it on lootboxes then blew another $60 trying to get a mercy skin or some shit
>>
>>375922521
>>375922493
i made a tl;dr so you dont have to visit anon, i'm sorry
>>
File: 1488136050041.png (273KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488136050041.png
273KB, 450x450px
>>375922476
>learn
>ethics
>morality
>>
>>375922246
I hate the rainbow = gay meme because its a religious symbol as well
>>
>>375922512
Blizzard shills do. They'll pay well over MSRP for artificially limited supply. They're the goodest of goys.
>>
I would've hardballed Blizz before giving back the sourcecode and made a backup of it for myself and leak it to russians or chinese. The man got gypped hard, $250 in Blizz credit? One trip to blizzcon? What a dumbass.
>>
>>375922476
You didn't explain anything, you just made statements and presented them as objective facts
>>
>>375922554
There is another option

>don't be a retard with 70 IQ, sell that shit without being caught
>>
>>375916468
>all expense paid trip to Blizzcon
>hang out with the devs
>free Overwatch
>$750 Blizzard store credit
>free WoW for life
>implying having integrity is a bad thing
>>
>>375922493

Ya, but like. Why give a shit?
>>
>>375922683
should've made a copy and leaked it later, because fuck blizzard anyway
>>
>>375922554
>That really doesn't matter, considering the alternatives.
>Sell it and get assraped by laywers.

>go on AlphaBay
>make a listing
>have some cyka blyat buy it for $10k
>put your bitcoins through a mixer
>you still have $9.95k to spend on real fucking things instead of blizzard shilling merch
>>
>>375922615
Ok, so you were born a piece of shit. Good to know.

>>375922652
>didn't explain anything
>presented the objective facts
You fuckin' wot m8.
>>
>>375922695
Original Xbox, not 360, emulation. (and money from collectors)
>>
>there are people who wouldnt give up a useless old disc (nobody in their right mind even has an optical drive anymore) just to meet Jeff "Tigole Bitties" Kaplan
>>
File: 1487545615481s.jpg (3KB, 102x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487545615481s.jpg
3KB, 102x125px
How did he have that in the first place and what could been done with it?
>>
>>375922674
He's a reddit user so this wasn't an option to begin with.
>>
>>375922763
Right, you just said that if you do x, it's good
If you do y, it's bad
That's cool and all, but why though
>>
>>375922798
I know and understand this.
Why give a shit about xbox HUGE xbox emulation?
>>
>>375917726
This post and the people calling the dude who returned the money stupid is proof that 4chan is made up of literal basement dwelling simpletons who have no idea how law works.

If a bank makes a mistake and gives you any amount of money, and you spend it you are 100% liable for it.
>>
File: 1479366543179.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479366543179.png
8KB, 225x225px
>>375922763
From a certain standpoint of morality people reason about as follows: Either man is led by his sensuality, and is, following it, immoral, or he is led by the good, which, taken up into the will, is called moral sentiment (sentiment and prepossession in favor of the good); then he shows himself moral. From this point of view how, e.g., can Sand’s act against Kotzebue be called immoral? What is commonly understood by unselfish it certainly was, in the same measure as (among other things) St. Crispin’s thieveries in favor of the poor. “He should not have murdered, for it stands written, Thou shalt not murder!” Then to serve the good, the welfare of the people, as Sand at least intended, or the welfare of the poor, like Crispin — is moral; but murder and theft are immoral; the purpose moral, the means immoral. Why? “Because murder, assassination, is something absolutely bad.” When the Guerrillas enticed the enemies of the country into ravines and shot them down unseen from the bushes, do you suppose that was assassination? According to the principle of morality, which commands us to serve the good, you could really ask only whether murder could never in any case be a realization of the good, and would have to endorse that murder which realized the good. You cannot condemn Sand’s deed at all; it was moral, because in the service of the good, because unselfish; it was an act of punishment, which the individual inflicted, an — execution inflicted at the risk of the executioner’s life.
>>
Was this disc just the source code to the base game or did it also have Brood War in it?
>>
>>375922841
Do you not know what a source code is? 100% moddability, ports to everything, understanding of game mechanics and everything else in the game
>>
>>375922892
Yes we know the law favors people with money and corporations, thanks.
>>
The moral man is necessarily narrow in that he knows no other enemy than the “immoral” man. “He who is not moral is immoral!” and accordingly reprobate, despicable, etc. Therefore the moral man can never comprehend the egoist. Is not unwedded cohabitation an immorality? The moral man may turn as he pleases, he will have to stand by this verdict; Emilia Galotti gave up her life for this moral truth. And it is true, it is an immorality. A virtuous girl may become an old maid; a virtuous man may pass the time in fighting his natural impulses till he has perhaps dulled them, he may castrate himself for the sake of virtue as St. Origen did for the sake of heaven: he thereby honors sacred wedlock, sacred chastity, as inviolable; he is — moral. Unchastity can never become a moral act. However indulgently the moral man may judge and excuse him who committed it, it remains a transgression, a sin against a moral commandment; there clings to it an indelible stain. As chastity once belonged to the monastic vow, so it does to moral conduct. Chastity is a — good. — For the egoist, on the contrary, even chastity is not a good without which he could not get along; he cares nothing at all about it. What now follows from this for the judgment of the moral man? This: that he throws the egoist into the only class of men that he knows besides moral men, into that of the — immoral. He cannot do otherwise; he must find the egoist immoral in everything in which the egoist disregards morality. If he did not find him so, then he would already have become an apostate from morality without confessing it to himself, he would already no longer be a truly moral man.
>>
>>375922752

if it leaks now he'd pretty much have to prove himself innocent to not get fucked, and good luck with that

so he settled for some shameful trinkets. what a bitch.
>>
File: 1486036566492.gif (292KB, 238x188px) Image search: [Google]
1486036566492.gif
292KB, 238x188px
>>375922371
>we could be emulating Jet Set Radio Future right now if Reddit wasn't so fucking gay
>>
>>375922246
I want the fucking rainbow back

Why did they have to take it from us
>>
>>375922753
>implying most normies have any idea what half of these words mean.

He would have been fucked.
>>
>>375922858
Why? Because that's what being a decent human being is all about. If you're a religious person, it's literally 90% of all religious teaching. "Be good, don't be a fucking twat."

If you're non-religious, it's what society tells you. "Hey, don't steal shit. If you find someone's stuff, give it back to them. If you don't the possibility of being sued/jailed is very real."

>>375922896
You keep using this "spooked" meme shit. What the actual fuck are you on about? Also tl;dr
>>
>>375919576
Yeah, some nerd is going to sell a video game source code on the black market and not get scammed. Are you retarded?
>>
>>375923104
>He would have been fucked.
Which is a shame a competent computer user didn't get this CD. You know how much cocaine I would have bought after selling that CD? I'd be swimming in fucking eightballs, wax, and xanax bars for years.
>>
>>375923114
Not surprised a /v/ermin is illiterate.
>>
He did the correct thing according to the law. I still would have made a copy of the disk though and anonymously released it after getting the goodies, maybe a good year later.
>>
File: 1486157083587.jpg (99KB, 1024x839px) Image search: [Google]
1486157083587.jpg
99KB, 1024x839px
>>375923053
Stop.
>>
>>375923104
I don't see the original author of the ebay shit being fucked, why would this guy have been?

>sell it
>oops, I "didn't know" what it was and how valuable it was
>oh no, someone else leaked it online, that sucks Blizzard, but I didn't know :'(
>>
>>375923197
Back to plebbit then faggot.
>>
>>375923193
You wouldn't be able to sell it to anyone though.
>>
>>375923258
I'm already on it, /v/ is Reddit central.
>>
File: 1493897602522.png (249KB, 321x325px) Image search: [Google]
1493897602522.png
249KB, 321x325px
>>375923114
>muh rigid morality
Guess what faggot, I would argue that the right thing to do is to leak it online and not return it. Doing such a thing would objectively be better for Starcraft players as it could open up a whole new world of mods, fangames, and fan ports on top of complete understanding of the game. Returning it to the corporation accomplishes nothing but assuring that no fans can be creative with it and you can just get jewed out of shitty HD re-releases.
>>
>>375923137
>Yeah, some nerd is going to sell a video game source code on the black market and not get scammed. Are you retarded?
AlphaBay has an escrow system and an FE option. There still is a possibility of getting fucked, but there are competent ways to insure that it doesn't happen.
>>
>>375923252
"I didn't know" is not a legal defense.
>>
>>375923114
That's still not explanation
How does it make you a "decent" human being
Also, what does what society tells you matter when it's in no way a universal and intrinsic value system? Aside from not getting in trouble with law enforcement obviously, which isn't a question of morality
Please explain already, or are you actually telling me you can't?
>>
>>375923328
>Using the same old tired meme.
Get new material edgelord.
>>
>>375922235
Cow Level.
>>
>>375923297
>sell it to some cyka blyat that still plays Starcraft like crazy
Trust me, the AB admins would have bought it themselves. There's a high degree of value in this piece of source code for the right people.
>>
ITT /v/ proves it lacks honor.
>>
>>375923401
Alright sweetie.
>>
>>375923384
Then why is the original seller on ebay not being assraped by Blizzard right now? Might not be a legal defense, but I doubt Blizzard would go after "a poor innocent normie, who didn't know any better." Imagine the shitstorm
>>
>>375923357
>AlphaBay
>Not get scammed
>>
>>375923474
THIS /v/ HAS NO HONOR CAPTAIN.
>>
>>375923474
>honor
Wew, m'lady *tips katana*
>>
>>375923351
>"Doing such a thing would be objectively better..."
Subjective Anon. When it's an opinion, it's subjective.

>>375923393
I've literally explained it twice now. If you need help finding morality, I suggest you go rob a store and then ask the cops about why what you're doing is "bad".
>>
>>375923384
It worked for Hillary.
>>
>>375923487
How do we know that they're not?
>>
>>375923530
Your shitty experience with AB because you're a fucktard doesn't negate the fact that I currently save around 70% now on AB than I did when I had "dealers".
>>
File: u7f3dkq.gif (2MB, 245x281px) Image search: [Google]
u7f3dkq.gif
2MB, 245x281px
>>375923474
>be me
>see this post
Have an upvote m'gentlesir.
>>
>>375920584
Make a bunch of copies
Mail it to a bunch of people
Public wifi + Spare laptop, upload to a ftp somewhere and post it on /v/
>>
>>375923474
this poster proves they have no sense of community and societal good and is nothing but a corporate shill
>>
>>375923597
Did you not read the rest of my post? I said it would be objectively more beneficial to Starcraft fans which is fucking true. Anyone with coding talent having free access to the source code is 100% better than it being locked behind a corporation.
>>
>>375923597
It's not his opinion. State how exactly this would not be better for starcraft players or stfu mong.
>>
>>375923647
>give cd to corrupt escrow
>you should have known you would get scammed!

lol k
>>
>>375923620
Please direct me to the emails on her private accounts she used that had information or conversations that would get her prosecuted for anything in anyway.
>>
>>375923540
>>375923547
>>375923658
>Returning something to its rightful owners is bad because you can sell it instead
That you hold honor itself in contempt tells a great deal about you.
>>
>>375923597
You haven't explained anything
You keep repeating that it's what you're supposed to do because that's what you were told by some authority
But not how it's morally "right"
>>
File: 5YBVZhS.gif (10KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
5YBVZhS.gif
10KB, 501x585px
>>375923474
Yes good goy, return the wildly valuable property that could result in tons of free goods to the corporation like a good little consumer! It's the honorable thing to do!
>>
File: 1453837097843.jpg (152KB, 798x816px) Image search: [Google]
1453837097843.jpg
152KB, 798x816px
>>375923789
>honour the corporation not your fellow players
>>
>>375923739
>give CD to corrupt escrow
>threaten to just release the source immediately if the escrow doesn't pay out
>they give you the escrow

Then there's the worry that you'll release the source anyways, but you can reach a good deal where you get to play the final card. Worst case scenario, you just release the source for free. Best case scenario, you make $10k.
>>
>>375923789
>That you hold honor itself in contempt tells a great deal about you.
Like what
>>
>>375923708
>>375923821
It is not any more okay to steal from the rich than it is to steal from the poor.
>>
>>375922371
For the loves of God, tell me it's satire and there is no way it's real.
>>
>>375922493
>>375922880
It's a valuable collectors item that's literally worth thousands you dumb fuck.

Why are you being a disagreeable cunt about an objectively bad thing that helps no one?
>>
>>375923939
He formatted the hard drive too.
>>
>>375923918
>steal
See >>375922216
>>
>>375916468
>there are people on this board who will defend this even ironically just to see others get mad
>>
>>375923715
I read your post, and I still feel like you're confusing OBJECTIVE (factual, backed by evidence) with SUBJECTIVE (opinion, based on personal interest).

>>375923794
Look, I'm not an ethics professor ok? I'm just going by what I learned, and what I know. You want to get deep into the actual debate of "morally right" vs wrong? Go take a college course.

>>375923735
>Leak sourcecode
>some weeb nerd makes a mod where you play as loli pedobait
>OMG BEST MOD EVER 10/10!
Yeah, I'm sure the 10 people who still play OG Starcraft are really missing out on the biggest revolution to happen to their game since LAN parties.
>>
>all the shit modders could've done with it
>bw would live on for decades and no one would be dependant on blizzard
>numale faggot just hands overthe holy grail back

I hope someone knows where this asshole lives so people can make a pilgrimage to punch him in his cunt face.
>>
>>375916801
I would copy it, return it and upload it via internet cafe
>>
>>375917332
>prove you are innocent !

levy pls
>>
>find source code
>secretly make copy without telling anyone
>make a big public show of returning it for free shit and accolades
>wait 9-12 months for the heat to die down and everyone to forget your name
>quietly leak the source to the internet

It's smart. Once the spotlight was on him for having it, his anus was lubed and spread for some hot bareback attorney pounding if it got leaked. He gave it back and gave no indication that he made a copy; now, he can play the waiting game and make use of the source later, when it would be much harder to pin it on him.

There's a reason pirates buried treasure instead of spending it right away.
>>
>>375923876
>>375923876
Or another idea could be to put an encrypted lock on the CD and only give the key once the escrow clears. There's many ways to ensure that you get the last play in this equation. It's still a chance but a chance at $10k is worth more than some blizzard "swag" lol.
>>
>>375924073
objectively linux is safer than windows due to open source
objectively starcraft would (eventually) become better if it was too open source
>>
>>375924073
So why would you lecture others about morality if you can't even explain why something is right or wrong?
>>
>>375924073
>Yeah, I'm sure the 10 people who still play OG Starcraft are really missing out on the biggest revolution to happen to their game since LAN parties.
It would be better than what we got now - fucking nothing. Anyway, you're fucking spastic, I'm not giving you any more (you)s.
>>
>>375924073
>objective morality
XDDD
>>
>>375917297
oh god don't remind me reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>375916468
just pretend it never happened.
nothing changes,
life would be the same
>>
>>375923863
How does handing over something that belongs to someone else to my fellow players honor them?

>>375923912
That you're nihilistic pieces of shit who believe in no cause except hedonism at any cost.
>>
>>375924185
Because right and wrong are LITERALLY the two most basic fucking human concepts and if you don't understand why, then you are beyond help.
I can't explain the concept to you, because you lack the fucking braincells to understand it!

Stealing is bad. Why? IT JUST FUCKING IS YOU STUPID NIGGER.
>>
>>375924107
Welcome to Intellectual Property laws. They get to decide what is done with it ex post facto, regardless of how someone came by it.

Actually, that's all property laws. If you have my stolen car, you have a legal obligation to give it back to me, and if the police find it that is what they will make you do. The fact that you bought it legit and didn't know it was stolen is a matter between you and the seller, it doesn't affect me.
>>
>>375924286
>That you're nihilistic pieces of shit who believe in no cause except hedonism at any cost.
Elaborate
>>
File: 71OFFI4WTDL._SL1500_.jpg (89KB, 1500x1106px) Image search: [Google]
71OFFI4WTDL._SL1500_.jpg
89KB, 1500x1106px
>>375924286
>That you're nihilistic pieces of shit who believe in no cause except hedonism at any cost.
>>
>>375923918
You are a dumbass because Blizzard would still have access to the source code, everyone else just would as well.
>>
>>375923876
Anyone can do that anyway and probably did. Anyone dealing with the source would know that.
>>
>>375924196
Thanks for proving my point. Have a wonderful day anon!
>>
>>375924175
>implying you wouldn't be one of the first people they get back into contact with alongside their internal investigation

Why do you think they'll just forget that you owned a copy?
>>
>>375924327
You're retarded tbqhwy
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>first destroying a original xbox devkit
>now this
Reddit has become a legitimate threat to classic game tech
we moast hoard all game tech to prevent the newfags from getting them
>>
>>375924358
What's there to say?

>>375924365
>YOU'RE the REAL nihilist because you believe stealing is wrong
wew lass
>>
>>375916468
It would have been absolutely fucking useless, unless some stupid cunt wanted to make a closed source RTS using the code, which wouldn't fucking happen, ever.
>>
Be the hero or the anti hero. King arthur or robin hood. The timeless question.
>>
>>375924396
How did he prove your point? Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>375924379
Or you can lock the CD with an encrypted lock. That's probably the better move. Point being that if you have a CD with no known source online, you're going to get buyers.
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>375924286
okay (You) earned these (You)s good boy
>>
>>375924371
>Copying is not theft stealing leaves one thing less left :D :D :D
I bet you support piracy too.
>>
>>375924327
It seems like you don't understand why either though since you can't explain it
Also, seems strange to me how ethics have been argued by philosophers for literally ages if it's that simple
How did we ever even need to make laws against stealing if it's that simple that anybody and everybody should understand it intrinsically
Also, racism is wrong dude and not cool
>>
>>375917034
Not yet.
But should the day ever come where videogames are considered art, this kid will wish he didn't post on reddit.
>>
>>375918043
>we assumed it lost
They thought about it before and their conclusion was NOT that it was stolen, it was lost. That is their burden. They can't blame their incompetence on someone else once its convenient.
>>
>>375917726
When will children realise, 'free' money is never free, if it was sent by a criminal you can bet they'd find him and kill him, if it was a bank error you can bet the goy would want it back wit TIP, Jesus, it's like half the people posting here and underage or something, imagine.
>>
>>375920308

Because a dev kit handed to someone who knows that they're doing would lead to an emulator.
>>
>>375921240
>Good Suramaritan
kek, fuck that achievment
>>
>>375924553
Ok so you're just a troll. Well played. Eat shit.
>>
>>375921135
THEY FUCKING GAVE HIM FUCKING RAZER SHIT

FUCKING

RAZER

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>375924450
Reddit just proved that they're a higher class of men.
>>
>>375924454
>What's there to say?
Like how you drew those specific conclusions from somebody not believing in honor
>>
>>375924535
>copying is not theft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4

But it's true mang, it's true.
>>
>>375924685
Murder's not theft either chummer. It's still wrong.
>>
>>375924506
Then you wouldn't get the money.
>>
>>375924641
SOMETHINGS NOT QUITE RIGHT
>>
>>375924651
>troll
Explain this term, from the context I can conclude it means "somebody smarter than me"
Is this correct?
>>
>>375920679
I said exact change only
>>
>>375917430
OR DID HE?

Maybe it was all an elaborate ruse of a master forger.
>>
>>375924415
Yeah but so what. It'd be much, much harder to prove circumstantially that you were the one who leaked it.
>>
>>375924747
Idk man, we've been murdering folks for a long ass time and it's worked out so far. Can you guarantee that if we stop murdering now everything won't just go to shit?
>>
>>375924673
m8 I'm not your mama you can put this together yourself
>>
File: xbox dev kit dead.jpg (331KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
xbox dev kit dead.jpg
331KB, 1152x1536px
remember me
>>
>>375916468
>disgruntled Blizzard employee steal source disc
>waits a few years to remove all suspicion
>puts it in box of used dragon dildos getting shipped so recipient will upload it
>all_according_to_keikaku,jpeg
>recipient posts about it with his full name on fucking reddit
>Blizzard gets it back without any code uploaded anywhere

Why is this allowed?
>>
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW who are so spineless they would think twice about stealing from Activision Blizzard
>>
>>375924747
Maybe if ur a gay homo
>>
>>375924747
>copying is wrong
Why?

>>375924752
Darn, well then I guess those people that put the buy order in have a useless disk. Hope they enjoy spending hundreds of thousands of dollars churning out key combos for decades.
>>
>>375924891
No I mean, you gotta murder SOME people, but you can't just murder indiscriminately. You have to be judicious.
>>
>no starcraft source-ports in every conceivable electronic device for years to come
fuck this gay earth
faggot should have copied the CD before returning, then "let it leak"
>>
File: 1449940860924.jpg (47KB, 383x504px) Image search: [Google]
1449940860924.jpg
47KB, 383x504px
>>375916828
Haha he's gonna get jumped

>Five dozen Starcraft neckbeards throwing themselves at a straight edge
>>
File: 1216984199318.jpg (14KB, 235x298px) Image search: [Google]
1216984199318.jpg
14KB, 235x298px
This is nothing more than a careful publicity stunt to drum up hype for Overwatch, which has been hemorrhaging players for a while now.
>>
File: 1463682703840.png (58KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463682703840.png
58KB, 640x900px
>>375925173
>starcraft news
>publicity for overwatch
>>
Someone explain me why the source code is such a big deal I can't find it in my physical copy of Starcraft

Like wtf is the deal with this, I also heard Sega couldn't export lot of old game because they lost source code for everything 90's related
>>
>>375921760

The code and CD has literally no value outside of giving it to Blizz.

>All data on the disc already exists to the public
>There is no underground, black market for gaming collectables
>Disc is literally only worth holding as your own collectors piece that you can actually show anyone.
>>
>>375925314
>this is /v/ now
>>
>>375924903
It was bait, no?
I mean, he knews there was only 50 in existence and he didn't check the value?Or ask someone about it?
>>
>>375925361
>All data on the disc already exists to the public
No it isn't. That's why we're sperging over it. We don't have Starcraft Gold source.
>>
>>375925295
He was given shit tons of Overwatch merch.
>>
File: 1465954757623.png (315KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
1465954757623.png
315KB, 423x384px
>>375916625
Idiots will turn in gold coins they found at the bottom of the sea or dug up in their great grandmothers back yard. The majority of people are brainwashed that if they "do the right thing" they'll be rewarded for it.
>>
>>375925402
He wiped the hard drive after seeing how small the storage on it was and took a picture of the stuff he took out lying on carpet
>>
>>375925493
Because everyone still wants StarCraft merch and thats totally still their main competitive game
>>
>>375924965
Literally a tranny t b h mein fampai

>>375924973
>Why?
Copyright laws are essentially the government subsidizing the creation of easily and cheaply replicated works by forbidding their replication temporarily, thus allowing their creators to profit and keep doing what they're doing. They're a necessary protection under capitalism, where one must profit from their work to survive. With that said IMO copyright terms are currently way too lengthy and are heavily abused.
>>
>>375916468
As opposed to keeping it and getting fuckall.
>>
File: 212575.jpg (113KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
212575.jpg
113KB, 620x348px
>>375925173
you're on to something there anon ,i further believe it's not just that but a feeble attempt to steal the spotlight from the game all the cool kids are playing instead and that's Battleborn. Thankfully i see people in this place are too smart to fall for it and instead will continue to have a great time playing Battleborn
>>
>>375925528
You mistake having a conscience for being stupid.
>>
>>375923114
$50 says you have at least 100 posts on reddit and you didn't post on 4chan until this decade

or more like this year
>>
>>375925676
>necessary for capitalism
>you can't make a profit unless it's a private good
How do light houses exist?
>>
>>375925676
>copyright terms are currently way too lengthy and are heavily abused
Wasn't it all fucked over by Disney when the mouse was about to become public domain?
>>
File: 1471432169815.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
1471432169815.png
208KB, 410x453px
>"wow what a pussy I would totally leak it and never ever get caught"
>kids on /v/ think he wouldn't get completely destroyed if he didn't have the knowledge of russian slave dealer
>when Activision literally sued one guy on reddit for finding out probalities of getting items from CoD loot boxes
>>
he got an all expense paid trip to blizzcon as well
>>
>>375920331
He was already american just different coast./
>>
>>375925819
Other way around actually. Been on 4chan since at least 2008. Only been on Reddit for a few years. Reddit is objectively the better forum.
>>
>>375916468
He did the right thing.

But apparently /v/ is filled with niggers.
>>
>>375925948
Do you think uploading something anonymously is some extremely rare form of hacking?

Get out of here you stupid fuck
>>
He did also get a bunch of stuff and an all expenses paid trip to Blizzcon, including getting invited for drinks with Blizzard staff.

Could've made a lot of money from it, sure, but selling it on eBay and the like could've gotten him in a lot of trouble.
>>
You faggots all seem to be forgetting he consulted with a lawyer first before deciding to send it back
It's not like he just sent it in because he felt like being a good samaritan
>>
>>375918264
that exact collective thinking is how the jews and globalists managed to get into power
>>
>>375917726
The IRS would destroy your asshole if you kept that shit. You sound dangerously stupid.
>>
>>375925948
>basic vpn knowledge is "russian slave dealer" knowledge now
how stupid are you?
>>
>>375926007
>Reddit is objectively the better forum.
you never belonged here. you are free to leave
>>
>>375925948
Every manchild on /v/ thinks they know the answer to everything because they never actually try anything in their lives and thus have no failures to make them realize how unintelligent they really are. They sit on a video games board all day criticizing everything and contributing nothing. When they're done masturbating to hentai and trannies, they're mentally masturbating to their own posts.
>>
>>375925948
t. Blizzard Employee
>>
>>375926120

He said he consulted with a lawyer, and then "to be on the safe side," decided to give it back. That means that there was potential leeway with what he could have done

He could also have not been a complete retard by posting it on Reddit and just uploaded it anonymously
>>
>>375925818
Well yes it's the same thing.
Rich and successful people are all sociopaths.
Think about it, other than obvious stuff like don't murder and don't rape or get caught stealing, when has "having a coscience" ever helped somebody?
>>
>>375926253
Whoa, harsh!
>>
>>375926253

In what world is setting up a torrent for the source code off of free wi-fi in some random place hard?
>>
>>375926253
>I've never tried doing it, so nobody else did, I guess.
>>
>>375916468
>>375921135
>you are alive at the same time this "person" is
life was a mistake
>>
>>375926253
Now you're just projecting, dude
>>
>>375925884
Governments can and do directly sponsor the creation of art but this ain't it.

>>375925938
That's the famous example I know of too. It was kind of fucked even before that though IMO.
>>
File: .jpg (283KB, 748x476px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
283KB, 748x476px
>>375917726
>>375917873
>>375916468
Dont you guys remember the british non muslim (sic) that found gold coins and gave them to the goverment, because they were gonna find its owner?
>>
File: grumpy-cat-no-5.jpg (40KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy-cat-no-5.jpg
40KB, 500x563px
>>375926219
Make me.
>>
>>375926496
>grumpy cat with impact font meme
this has to be bait. please be bait
>>
>>375921535
Aye, digging that bottle opener though
>>
>>375926571
It's bait, stop giving him attention.
>>
>>375925938
yes, the mouse is truly the greatest threat to the free distribution of knowledge in this age.
i wish i was being sarcastic
>>
File: mad.jpg (91KB, 599x598px) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
91KB, 599x598px
>>375926571
>>
>>375926253
Case in point:
>>375926393
>>375926405
>>375926406
>>375926442
>>
>>375926253
Shit dude. Get a life.
>>
>>375925434

It's a gold source disc
That means it's a 2nd or 3rd iteration of source code. There's probably early launch discs that have older data than what that gold disc holds.

The only thing it might hold is developer notes or instructions regarding copyright. I highly doubt it contains something of significance.
>>
>>375926636
Truth stings, huh kiddo?
>>
>>375916468
This guy is dumb desu. As someone who basically spent half their life in broodwar I would never have given this back. I would have never told anyone about this either. I would have fucking built a shrine.

Mad as fuck tbhfamalam
>>
>>375926492

Treasure and archeological finds must be reported to the government not because of the gold but because of the archeological value. Often youre reimbursed more than the coins actual worth in gold.

>>375926120

Then the lawyer lied to him or the shitholistan where he lives has the dumbest laws.
>>
>>375926697
It's the source code of the game as it was on release. Stop pretending you know what you're talking about
>>
File: 1485880406784.png (183KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485880406784.png
183KB, 500x500px
List of options from most retarded to least retarded
>Most retarded:
Try to sell it on the deep web or some shady ebay clone or whatever, risk getting scammed and tracked down by Blizzard, you have to figure out a way to prove you are legit to your buyers and even then you probably won't find a legit buyer because it's just too risky for both parties
>Mildly retarded:
Leak it on the internet to please the SC community, a lot of people you don't know or care about, you would have to release it anonymously with some tinkering and shit and still risk being tracked down and sued into oblivion by blizzard. Even with a 0.00001% chance of getting tracked, would that be worth it to please anonymous shitposters?
>Least retarded:
Give it to Blizzard, get free shit and tickets to Blizzcon, don't get sued and get some validation from leddit and hate(you)s from 4chan neets

>Optional:
Don't leak it or make it public and save it as a souvenir and pass it to your son or some shit (lol)
>>
File: HA HA HA.jpg (62KB, 295x437px) Image search: [Google]
HA HA HA.jpg
62KB, 295x437px
>>375921925
And the best thing is, he didn't make a single physical dollar on the whole deal while blizzard got rid of some trash they had laying around the office.
>>
>>375926697
>Being this retarded
>inb4 I was just pretending!
>>
>>375926496
I guess I can't

what I can do is observe the posts you've made in this thread and see you're a retard, and say that you only make your fellows redditors look retarded like you. it's no wonder you would think reddit is better

you literally started an argument about morality and then gave up admitting you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about because you didn't take an ethics course

this is reddit. actually, you know, I expect better of reddit. I expect AT LEAST them to be the kind of idiot that has a master's in philosophy or law specializing in women's law theory, the kind that can churn out english essay after english essay on why their opinion is fact and maybe confuse some people into agreeing because they use big enough words and obscure enough references. but you're not even smart enough for that. you're a disgrace
>>
File: 1126.gif (45KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
45KB, 389x259px
those retards saying he should leak the code then sell the cd, why would anyone buy the cd if anyone can download its contents for free
>>
>>375926848
Anime pic posters ALWAYS say the most stupid shit.
>>
>>375924450
>destroying a original xbox devkit
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITS NOT EVEN AS BAD AS THE SOURCE CODE ITS JUST A DEKIT WHAT THE FUCCRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>375926753
Copyright infringement and profiting from stolen goods, if he wanted to either upload it to the public or sell it. Illegal in every first world country.
>>
>>375926635
Well I mean you're here too though
>>
>>375926932
>What is collecting
>>
>>375926848
and heres the not retarded option:

Find someone who is not a fucking idiot to leak it.
>>
>>375926571
Of course it's bait you fucking retard. How about you leave this place instead?

>>375926697
>I highly doubt it contains something of significance.
>Source code holds nothing of significance

Yeah that Doom source code was fucking worthless to the modding scene
>>
>>375926951
>have no argument
>but but u anime
Literally the worst kind of brainlet, probably a neet virgin with no concept of morality or consequences
>>
>>375926932
Physical media collecting? There are some people autistic enough to be proud of owning an authentic source disc.
>>
>>375927030
>when you impose your own insecurities and fears onto people you've never met.
>>
>>375927030
>anime poster calling someone neet virgin
>>
File: 1312314083424.jpg (9KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
1312314083424.jpg
9KB, 190x190px
>>375927017
Give me ONE good reason to leak it for free for internet shitposters, just one.
I personally wouldn't risk a papercut to save your from dying tbqh I don't know or care about you and surely won't go oout of my way to please you
>>
File: 1442410324439.jpg (130KB, 506x543px) Image search: [Google]
1442410324439.jpg
130KB, 506x543px
>>375926719
Mmm salty
>>
>>375927025

Blizzard would never allow any Starcraft Mod to exist.... not even in the slightest.
>>
>>375926076
>>375926189
>they think vpn can protect you from rich
Wow I guess those terrorists and drug dealers are impossible to catch now
>>
>>375927146
Nice argument
>>375927159
Triggered redditor probably unaware of where he's even posting
>>
>>375927025
>>375926870
>so butthurt he posted it twice
also
>this is bait you redditor
>yes this is bait go back
>>
>>375927170
>Give me ONE good reason to leak it for free for internet shitposters, just one.

Potentially bringing fourth a new big modding scene on the level of Doom
>>
File: WOW.jpg (104KB, 393x381px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.jpg
104KB, 393x381px
I would have sent it to LGR for his collection, just to see his reaction.
>>
>>375926253
This. Saved
>>
>>375916468
>DUDE WHY DIDN'T YOU USE IT ILLEGALLY AND EXTORT A MAJOR CORPORATION
You people are unironically horrible.
>>
>>375927224
>Wow I guess those terrorists and drug dealers are impossible to catch now
Then why are they walking free lmao
>>
>all this crying over a source code for a two decades old game
like holy shit there should already be better rts engines by now and even if there aren't it shouldn't be that hard to make. really shows how stupid game development nowadays is, even more the ones who play them when people still cling this much to old source codes.
>>
>>375927249
it's not an argument.
>>
>>375927017
>Making yourself co-conspirator in a crime for no reason

Yeah, that's totally not retarded.
>>
>>375927282
>>so butthurt he posted it twice

I was missing a link to one of the posts I was replying to you sillyhead. It's not that hard to figure out
>>
I want to give thanks to our menaingless mods for not getting rid of the /pol/ garbage, but hey they do a good job protecting autistic faggots like theirselves from being triggered by a stupid pastel pony
>>
So for future situations like this, what should one do if they get something like this? If you just upload it you're fucked, no?
>>
>>375927392
Whatever makes you sleep at night aspie.
>>
>>375921135
wew.
>a bunch of plastic junk
>a pass to a convention that only the biggest Blizzard dick riders want to go to these days

I am curious; if the disk was stolen property (and I'd assume it happened years, if not over a decade ago), but not by him, could he legally sell it on something like eBay?
>>
>>375919881
>He's said Christain, not Muslim.

Both Christianity and Islam are dead-set on being gay being a straight ticket to hell.
Both would love to do so right there and then but the former are cucked by the post-enlightenment gvernment disallowing any of that religious bullshit.
>>
I dont get you guys.

Guy found what was stolen/lost from Blizzard, their own property. He was kind enough to return it and in response, they gave him some presents. He did what a moral, normal guy would do.

Now you call him "retard". And what you expected? What would YOU do? Call Blizzard with some line like "hahaha, I have source code ofr your game, now gibe 10M in cash or I will flush it in the toilet" or something? Try to sell it to collectors? Where?

Now imagine that you find somebody stolen laptop and you try to sell it on ebay or something. Do you think you would get away with it and police wouldnt try to grab you for taking part in the whole mess?

Seriously /v/?
>>
>>375927428

-Go to some random-ass place with free wifi
-Start up a torrent for the files
-Let it get to a point where other people are able to seed the thing themselves in full and fuck off from that place
>>
>>375926405
In a world where every public place is monitored and every internet activity archived
>>
>>375927017
You are aware that's a crime right? There's no glamour in any of this.
>>
>>375927529
Why the fuck do you keep posting?
>>
I'm gonna be honest, one time I saw a 10 dollar bill on the floor at Walmart and I took it. I was so worried I'd get in trouble or that it'd end up being fake money or something.
>>
>>375919289
>Sci-fi writer makes a joke about getting rich from inventing a religion
>invents a religion
>>
>>375916468
>>375916625
It's worth mentioning that the guy was threatened by Blizzards legal team. They offered him the bonuses to try and save face.
>>
>>375927585

This is my first post in this thread, mate. What are you talking about?
>>
>>375927501
Nobody's really THAT Christian anymore, or those who are are the fringe nuts
The rest are Christian in the same vein as as western Buddhists are Buddhists, as in they've taken the parts they liked and gutted the rest out
>>
>>375927682
>It's worth mentioning that the guy was threatened by Blizzards legal team.

That's his own goddamn fault for trying to score upvote karma with Reddit
>>
>>375927596
I found a metal pipe on the ground that was one of those compartmentalized ones and was packed fullof weed in a parking lot. The most money I ever found was a dollar which was a godsend cuz I was walking for like 4 miles with no money and ran into a store to get a drink
>>
>>375917726
Moralfags I swear
>>
>>375927501
Christianity has never condemned being tempted (which is what "being gay" is) but it has condemned acting on it (actually laying with other men). It condemns ALL extramarital sexual relations -- homo or hetero.
>>
>>375927529
He could've become an internet hero forever, but he chose $250 in cuck bucks instead.
How can anyone defend his retardation is beyond me.
nice reddit spacing, fag
>>
>>375927373
But lot of them aren't
Because they were tracked
Because vpn isn't the answer to everything
>>
>>375927529
>What would YOU do? Call Blizzard with some line like "hahaha, I have source code ofr your game, now gibe 10M in cash or I will flush it in the toilet" or something? Try to sell it to collectors? Where?
Upload to the fucking internet. Fof free. Get fucked.
>>
>>375919758
>>375919781
>>375919794
And that's how you trigger crossboarding /pol/lacks with a single post.
>>
>>375927428
copy the files onto a flashdrive while off network/wifi then restore point if windows
buy a cheap laptop in cash in some small town electronics shop
tape over the camera before turning it on copy flashdrive onto laptop
wait a year, take laptop to public wifi
make torrent using every public tracker you can and share that on rebbit, 4chan ect
once it gets 10 seeds destroy the laptop immediately
>>
File: 1476895227474.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1476895227474.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
>Religion is so ass-blasted about what two men do in the bed
>>
>>375927529
>Guy found what was stolen/lost from Blizzard, their own property.

You should look up how these things work. that thing was a piece of abandonware and the morally right thing to do woud have been to release said code under an open-source license for archival and educational purposes, NOT cash in on it.
What do you think Activision does with these things? They throw them into a grinder since it allows them to charge you for a tiny change in a game from prehistory they haven't even made (Starcraft makers all left the company by 2004).
>>
>>375927529
your morality is too black and white. not to mention, it's just basic deontology. the utilitarian argument has been made against you, and that's just as black and white but also just as valid unless you can make further argument. the net happiness of the world would have gone up if he just released the code. but he gave it away for some stupid shit from a soulless corporations that makes dick move after dick move. blizzard itself is already bad enough, but it's now activision.

some guy's grandfather conquers the whole earth, declares 50% of the land on it his property. his grandson inherits this. someone """"steals"""" some land from him. are they in the wrong?

stealing is not always wrong. most people would accept this. and that's if you even classify this as "stealing". this is intellectual property. intellectual property from almost two decades ago. the length intellectual property can be defended keeps getting extended, not really to make creators any money, but to make leeches who are lucky enough to have rights to the creator's money. I wonder how many of the main contributors to starcraft benefited from this in any measurable way whatsoever.

so, first you have to classify it as stealing, then you have to accept this is a universal moral wrong. both are huge leaps. fuck blizzard and their reddit worshipers like you
>>
>>375928038

Daily reminder that whole "sex is bad" idea was pretty much imported from Greek philosophy by St Paul.

>>375928039

More like "an hero", eh? Yes, that was totally great idea to gain 5 minutes of fame and get your ass in very deep troubles for leaking whats not yours.

>hurrr reddit spacing

I want this meme to end.
>>
>>375928239
Wrong fucking thread homo
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>375928239
>religions that came about when survival was still an issue
>didn't want to promote niggas just fucking each other in the ass because women are just way more bothersome than hanging out with your best boys sucking dick and shit
It's a mystery
>>
>>375928220
waiting a year is excessive
>>
>>375919616
not if it was disputed after the fact with evidence
>>
>"he did the right thing"
>gave it to a greedy monopolistic corporation that has sucked the life out of all their franchises for short gain profits

He's an idiot. He could've at least pulled their balls and scored an actual deal instead of useless Blizzard shit
>>
>>375927496
It depends on the ruling. Prosecutors can win cases by using "Should have known", If they can reasonably show that the seller had any indication that the goods were stolen. I don't think anyone could win in court saying they didn't think a Starcraft gold source disc wasn't stolen from Blizzard. Your honor, I did not think that hacking away at that man's neck would kill him.
>>
>>375920769
some chinese vidya company
they give no fucks about copyrights and starcraft is already more than popular with koreans
>>
>>375926449
>Governments can and do directly sponsor the creation of art but this ain't it.
Governments didn't sponsor lighthouses traditionally. The ports would actually pay for the production and upkeep of a lighthouse because that service allowed more ships to come into port and buy items.

What I'm trying to say is that profit is more than just a direct trade. You can earn revenue from more than one approach. Just because you can't make "intellectual property" enforceable doesn't mean you forfeit revenue. Take, for example, Netflix. Netflix doesn't make money because everyone feels good that they have proper IP rights to stream the content that Netflix has. Netflix makes money because they have an easy service that allows for average users to stream media from a plethora of devices. This is the case of service granting value as opposed to goods. I can easily torrent a the Burn Notice series onto my computer, but it's easier and more immediate for me just to pay Netflix $10/month so that I can see Burn Notice whenever I want, on whatever device and with no hassle along with a multitude of other movies and TV series.
>>
File: kiyoh.jpg (39KB, 473x193px) Image search: [Google]
kiyoh.jpg
39KB, 473x193px
>Modders would kill for the source code.
>Some guy just gives it to Blizzard for some free gooddies.
And now Blizzard will lose it again/never release it because they are working on Starcraft HD
>>
>>375928342
Christianity is a greek religion to begin with and only vaguely "inspired by" judaism
>>
>>375928319

Thats some pretty much fucked up reasoning here.

>>375928264

>that thing was a piece of abandonware

There is no "abandonware" in fact, its just that some companies dont care enough anymore to hunt people uploading files. Even then, some companies like SEGA can actually demand taking down files every now and then. You can never assume that something is "abandonware" just because you say so.
>>
>>375918116
>implying
He found it, pleads innocent to leaking it or even having the knowledge of computers that extensively. They assume it was whoever cause him to find it, he's let off as investigations are launched. Nothing comes of it but better starcraft mods and happier community members. Maybe some angry libfags but nobody cares what they think anyways.
>>
File: arguing with trapfags.png (673KB, 828x731px) Image search: [Google]
arguing with trapfags.png
673KB, 828x731px
Remainder there is an actual man with the balls to leak prototypes and risk legal troubles.
He leaked SW Battlefront 3 and all he got from this was like 5 threads here, 2 on reddit and 3 articles.
His name is Protofaggot and his only reward is 400 subscriptions on his YT channel
>>
>>375928456
fine a month MINIMUM anything less is retarded opsec
>>
>>375928601
that burn notice shit is actually popular enough for people to reference it this many years in the future?
>>
>>375928039
>nice reddit spacing, fag

I agree that he should have uploaded the files and even I think you're acting like a faggot here
>>
>>375928653

I cant really agree. It grew out of Judaism and is pretty much fork or continuation (and if not St Paul, it would remain as local variation of Judaism). It did incorporated many ideas from greek philosphy, but its core still remains Judaism.
>>
>>375928676
>Thats some pretty much fucked up reasoning here.
how. explain how. you don't just get to say "n-no your reasoning is fucked up I'm right"

reddit trash. don't argue with people if you don't have the capacity to do it.
>>
>>375926492
>he doesn't understand British treasure laws
You report it to the authorities, they sell it to a museum for good money and you split the cash with the owner of the property who gave you permission to wave your metal detector on his land.
>>
>>375928861

Its just so weird and turnaround that I dont even know how to tackle it. Its too bizzare.
>>
>>375928687
>His name is Protofaggot and his only reward is 400 subscriptions on his YT channel

You don't leak things for glory, you leak it for the benefit of everyone
>>
>>375928676
>its just that some companies dont care enough anymore to hunt people uploading files
That's the fucking definition of abandonware though
But that would make SC not abandonware if Blizz cares enough to fuck with people to keep the sourcecode to themselves
>>
File: 1493163777709.jpg (61KB, 960x762px) Image search: [Google]
1493163777709.jpg
61KB, 960x762px
>>375928828
Sorry, did I hurt your reddit-spacing feelings?
>>
>>375928780
Without Netflix, I would have never seen Burn Notice: the best show of all time.

I am glad I paid Netflix illuminati ~35 shekels a month for the revelation of what was Burn Notice. Come on, Bruce Campbell and Michael Benzodiazepine. Totally worth it.
>>
>>375927170
It would make Blizzarddrones upset because you're hurting daddy Blizzard
Would you rather make tens of thousands of fanboys mad or a few dozen neets?
>>
>>375917575
Well, they just built upon it when updating the game, so pretty much yeah. This is what usually happens.
>>
>>375928687
>releases some unfinished garbage that he didn't even make
>WOW why isn't anyone sucking his dick?
>>
>>375923056
>bitching about the gays
>posts the one gay guy in the entire world who isn't actually gay
>>
>>375929000
just shut the fuck up already retard
>>375928319
couldn't have said it any better. great post
>>
>>375928342
Paul never said sex is bad, he just strongly endorsed celibacy since that's what he also practiced. And while he does go on to say that he believes it to be superior to marriage and sex, he also stresses that those are his personal views and not doctrine to be followed. As for those who wish to get married, he says to stick to fellow Christians as to avoid beign unequally yoked in their burdens.
>>
>>375929065
The point is "everyone" don't care about this. It'd probably be the same for starcraft, barely anyone would knew let alone benefit from it.
I respect the man but it's more for the creators/things themselves than people who don't even know about it's existance
>>
>>375929260

Why so mad tho?
>>
>>375917992
he didn't sell it he wiped the drives and turned it into a shitty "custom" pc
>>
>>375929180
This

They kept updating it without any proper documenting because ┐('~`;)┌ lol
Only goes to show what a bunch of inept fucking retards they were
It's not that they couldn't, it's that they didn't think to
They never once thought there might be some value to saving the original code somewhere and marking down the changes that were made just in case
>>
>>375917868
>>375917726
>>375917979
>>375918101
>>375919567
>>375919616
>>375928540
There was a case in my country (Norway) a few years back, where a guy got about 1 million NKR on his account from some unknown sender.
He spent it all, and ended up in jail when the sender demanded it back because it was sent by mistake.
>>
>>375924794
Here's 50 bux
>>
File: 1490989833636.jpg (12KB, 238x208px) Image search: [Google]
1490989833636.jpg
12KB, 238x208px
>>375927567
>pay cash at a starbucks
>use some cheap chinkpad to upload it to github
>post link on Mongolian textile imageboard and let the Streisland Effect kick in
>throw laptop into second nearest dumpster when done
>>
File: 5b9.png (92KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
5b9.png
92KB, 463x469px
>>375929194
>salvages a copy of potentially great game fucked over by evil company and gives it to people, showing what could have been, risking getting his life destroyed
>"he didn't even do anything heh"
>>
>>375929669
Literally nobody cares lmao

He's not a hero, he's a retard.
>>
>>375929607
>>375917868
>>375917726
>>375917979
>>375918101
>>375919567
>>375919616
>>375928540
>>375929607

>send money to a guy you hate
>send him a letter personally congratulating him on his reward
>months later complain about it and send the guy to rot in jail

so easy
>>
File: Smug Swine.jpg (192KB, 900x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Swine.jpg
192KB, 900x1122px
I for one sincerely hopes he enjoys the child's dolls and $250 worth of overwatch loot crates.
>>
>>375922880
>Why give a shit about xbox HUGE xbox emulation?
Because it still doesn't exist and I'm sure there's at least one game out there on the xbawkshueg that's worth playing that emulation would make happen. But now we no longer have a devkit.
>>
>>375928850
>its core still remains Judaism
Maybe a Hellenistic Judaism but there are some concepts here that are neither Greek nor Jewish:

>trinity
>original sin
>fallen angels

It's a weird mishmash of beliefs from a multitude of societal zeitgeists.
>>
>>375917967
Vpns dont work that well anymore unless your at a coffee shop 2 states over
>>
>>375929778
>Literally nobody cares lmao
Yes congratulations, that's my point. Why would Starcraft be different.
>He's not a hero, he's a retard.
I'm sure your overblown cynicism and total lack of passion gave you a really happy life.
>>
>>375930009

Actually fallen angers and original sin was present in Judaism, maybe not exactly in same form.
>>
>>375925402
I believe he got his dad to post in the wrong subreddit about what it was worth. Of course a stupid son comes from a stupid father and asking avice from idiots in the wrong place will get you nowhere so they thought it was worthless. Worthless in addition to the 20GB of "empty space" he formatted.
>>
>>375929523
Didn't he try to pass it as a joke once everybody was shitting on him?
Then again you also had that guy who destroyed first edition comics to make a paper-mache statue
>>
>>375929658
>pay github to give you IP and time of upload
>track the IP to shopping mall
>pay them for video footage
>with cameras on streets can even see your way to home
>>
>>375930234
>original sin representative in Judaism
Not really.

>fallen angels
There's some books by Jews that talked about angels in depth but these are not representative of Judaism in the biblical time. They were, mostly, Apocrypha written by Jews heavily influenced by the mainline Greeks and Babylonians. Most Jews just didn't worry about the afterlife as they had enough problems in this life.
>>
>>375930121
I'm a bit envious that you're so passionate about criminals leaking unfinished, shitty games.

Then again, I suppose I don't have to live with the disappointment of knowing the game will never come out.
Thread posts: 548
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.