[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fanfiction thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 14

File: 1465265826732.jpg (93KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
1465265826732.jpg
93KB, 500x702px
Old Thread >>2135671

Opening question: What sort of AUs are acceptable, if any, and what sorts of things make them more tolerable if you've got mixed feelings about them?
>>
>>2197829
Canon divergence AU is fine, crossover AU never makes sense.
>>
All AUs are inherently decent. What makes something good is the execution, and whether what you're writing had been done to death in a particular fandom yet.
>>
>>2197829
AU quality basically depends on the writer and can range from intolerable toxic trash to diamond rain killing you with greatness to behold.
Generally, the characters should maintain their baseline personality across the next universe and then have it modified by their backstory of the AU and further modified by the current events.
>>
>>2197829
I don't have any problems with AUs per se. As the other anons have said, it largely comes down to execution.

One thing I will say though, it bothers me when the setting of the AU is less interesting than the canon one. All the ones that take characters from a fantasy/magical setting and put them into a mundane modern setting, for example.
>>
>>2197829
I dislike coffee shops AU, they're so fucking boring
>>
>>2197972
Agreed anon. For me, I'll extend it to this: any AU that makes things more boring are untenable. So, if the series started as cute girls doing cute things, then whatever. But if it's a sweeping sci-fi epic or cutthroat idol-business or crime-dramas or whatever, you better not go to the well of 'they're college girls lol' ideas for your AU if you want to keep my attention.
>>
>>2197972
>>2197989

Not always. Like stated, whether something is boring or not also depends on its rarity in a fandom. Especially huge ones with more than 500 fics (and can reach 5000 for a single pairing). At some point, you simply get bored to death if everyone keeps using canonverse or fantasy. A college or coffee shop or whatever mundane mAU then can actually be refreshing. Diversity is important.

If we're simply talking about priorities, then my first choice when stepping into a new fandom is post-canon or royalty AU.
>>
>>2197829

I started writing an AU story about a rebel assassin's plot to uncover the secrets behind the empire's secret weapon.

Of course it will end with her falling in lesbian love with the one behind it all. Hopefully I can wrap this up in three chapters because the lesbian gods know that I can't keep interest up that long.
>>
>>2198025
>royalty AU
That's a thing? Why?
>>
>>2198034
What do you mean? It's one of the most common AUs out there. Arranged marriage between two princesses or queen/princess, taking back the throne, knight stealing princess away, etc etc.
>>
>>2198025
I guess I disagree because I don't consume my yuri (or any media) on a fandom-by-fandom basis personally. I used to just get hugely invested in one thing, sometimes a pretty good thing and sometimes a godawful thing in hindsight. So I'd look for everything within that work when it came to fandoms. But nowadays, I prefer to get different things from different places instead, I don't need variety in the macro - setting, cast, genre, etc - in my fandoms when I like something. Instead I vastly prefer works that explore the small nuances of characters and relationships within the actual framework of the original story, different takes on their feelings, their reactions, their budding romances/friendships/rivalries/whatever.

To put it simply, if I'm hugely into an idol-show, it's because I'm taken with the characters-as-(aspiring)-idols, and I want to see works exploring their lives as trainees or idols or ex-idols or what-have-you. If I want to read about something else I go to another fandom for something that actually has that as a basis.

To that then, there are two exceptions: settings/plots/whatever that are so rare you can't really find it in anything popular, and so my only choice is reading AUs of other series (these are basically just stories I happen to come across rather than something I actively crave and seek out). And works that are just really really REALLY well-done and captivating on their own merits, which are exceedingly rare.
>>
>>2198071

Write something
>>
>>2197832
What are you talking about?
>>
>>2197829
>AU
What's really the meaning of this term? Fanfiction in general is AU.
>>
>>2198117
Alternate Universe means specifically the base setting is different. If you don't use alternate universe you have to adhere to the canon established rules of the setting, the premise. Madoka could not become a show about idol activities for example without being AU while keeping in line with the witches and entropy theme is not AU whatsoever.

>>2198115
Let's take Neptunia as an example
Neptunia characters set in some kind of different dimension, maybe even the mundane world, is just AU.
But if they are set in some kind of other universe where characters from another series exist and the rules of that other series are applied, or worse, mix both series rules together, then it becomes crossover AU and generally those are beyond awful. Exceptions to this rule are technically universes that are on the same base line. For example, from current season, take Long Riders and Girlish Number. Both play in the mundane world without any kind of special power or antagonist directed plot and thus they follow the same baseline, so they could be easily made into a crossover without really changing the universe at all.
>>
>>2198117
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlternateUniverseFic

Sorry for the tvtropes link, but it explains things well without needing to refer to a specific work as an example.
>>
Genki Collective's first fanfic was a K-ON AU where the characters became Japanese-American high school students in California:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7613054/1/California-Awakening

I went into it thinking I was going to hate it, but this story actually made Yui's relationship with Azusa more relatable than in canon.
>>
>>2198044
I guess I don't follow fanfiction closely enough. I've seen the occasional fic with a premise like that, but I never realized they formed a subgenre. It's not something I find very appealing, unless someone's written one for Love Live and Nico's Littlefinger.

>>2198185
>this story actually made Yui's relationship with Azusa more relatable than in canon.
Which, one must admit, is not the highest bar to clear.
>>
If your AU is so AU that the only thing remaining from the OU is character names and appearance, you should consider whether what you are writing needs to be fanfic.

If your AU is so AU that the only additional thing remaining in addition to the above is their personalities, consider whether the OU personalities are distinct enough for people to identify the characters if you renamed them. If not, consider whether what you are writing needs to be fanfic.

Otherwise AU away.
>>
>>2197972
>coffee shops AU
Is this actually a thing?
>>
>>2198220
You have no idea how big.
>>
>>2198202
To be fair you don't always gotta nail personalities or voices either. For example, I had a period of trying to read /u/ lit a couple years ago, and let me tell you, despite having watched neither and knowing nothing about the characters it was often not very hard to see a novel was just reskinned Xena/Star Trek Voyager AU fanfics.
>>
>>2198220
Unfortunately so. A useful flag to let you know that the author has a severe lack of imagination.
>>
>>2198225

There is literally nothing wrong with coffee AUs.
>>
>>2198220
It is and they are as bad as college fics set in the west.
>>
AUs are the only things I read these days.

Why? I no longer consume series that much anymore (especially since most shows are just hinted yuri), so when I need to get an interesting yuri story fix, I head over to AO3 and check out the AUs.

For example, take RWBY - I have never watched a single episode. However, there is a huge variety of yuri AUs for this series, and the beauty of the AU is, I don't need to know anything about the series. And if I read enough AUs, I'll get a good idea of who's who, and what kind of relationships the characters generally have with each other, and so on.

Of course, sometimes people can write characters in an OOC manner. But if you read enough AU fanfics, you'll get to see the convergence of characteristics that define a character. Then, you can start delving into AUs that start to align with the series more with the characters as your guide, and then, eventually, start reading the normal fanfics.
>>
>that feel when the fandoms I read on are slowly dying
>that feel when fan fiction in general feels like its dying

Anything out there getting updated frequently with a lot of /u/? I'm open to media suggestions.
>>
>>2198544
If fanfic is dying it's only because the next generation isnt picking up the torch

So the question becomes, what are the next gen fans doing instead of fanfics?

With that said, I think Overwatch and RWBY are still growing fandoms.
>>
>>2198552
>what are millennials doing instead of being creative?

Probably on facebook.
>>
>>2198552
I think there's a healthy number of fanfics for Overwatch and RWBY. it just seems like fanfics are dying because I think the fanfic threads in /u/ cling to older or more obscure fandoms.

>>2198555
But onee-sama, Facebook is for old people. It's all about Snapchat and Kik.
>>
>>2197989
I agree, but at the same time I think slice of life fanfics should been given a chance too.

Because, if the original Universe is fantasy that takes place into a different timeline, then it would also be interesting to read fics about these characters in our Universe too.

Like, what would they do/how would they act if they were born in our modern days time.
>>
>>2198743
I don't see how fanfics are dying. Maybe it's because Mai Hime fandom has already so many fanfic, that it makes people write about this when they start as authors for fanfiction.

So new yuri anime don't get much fanfictions. Either way, I think it'salso because there hasn't been any strong enough yuri the last years to make people start writing
>>
>>2198552
Western media has a shitload of femslash fanfic. Ouat, Glee, Carmilla, The 100, ect. It's easier to consume than yuri anime for the average person.
>>
>>2198751
I agree with you. Apologies, I think I worded my post poorly - instead of 'it just seems like...', I meant 'people seem to perceive that fanfics are dying, but I think the reason for that perception is that fanfic threads in /u/ cling to older or more obscure fandoms '.

>>2198749
>>2197989
I disagree with this. I think slice of life AUs are fantastic, including the cliche and dreaded coffeeshop AU (to quote: "[the coffeeshop AU has] almost unrivaled opportunities for schmoop: cinnamon scents, coffee bean metaphers, yenta or intended lover regulars, small enough that an OTP running it could work".)
>>
File: 1452893587757.png (189KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452893587757.png
189KB, 300x300px
>>2198544
i feel the same
>>
>>2198544
fanfiction, and lesbian fanfiction in particular, is growing in popularity. its just the fandoms of your 30 year old subtext anime that are dying.
>>
>>2198755
Live action is more /lgbt/ than /u/ though.

But western fanfic community in general is definitely growing, compared to the anime one shrinking. It probably all just comes down to what source material is available.
>>
>>2197829
I dislike zombie apocalypse AU, cause i hate zombie stories in general
>>
>>2198891
Practically the only anime fandoms with a growing fanfiction scene are Love Live. Of the ones I read, Railgun gets a few a month and thankfully has a handful of dedicated authors, so they tend to be worth reading, Madoka gets a couple a week, which are by and large fucking awful, Euphonium seems to have a tiny fandom of decent writers, who are probably seasonal and I'm not interested in the show anyway, unfortunately. AnR was dead and shit last time I checked. Mai Hime/Otome is mostly awful, Spanish and futa, Nanoha seems much the same. Marimite seems pretty much dead and what isn't, should be. I can't really think of any other shows I'm interested in offhand, but I imagine practically everything else would be much the same.

For whatever reason, yuri/femslash fanfiction is by and large dominated by westernshit these days.
>>
>>2199301

I think the likely cause of the dominance of westernshit over anime fandoms is the anime release schedule. One season? Unless it's truly exceptional, a long-term fandom based around that isn't going to last. People move on faster than they arrive and gradual decline is inevitable.

Madoka lasted so long after Rebellion because Madoka is exceptionally well received in general, which provides a long-term trickle of new viewers and new fans.

While /u/ will happily dedicate attention to all supplemental material that gets released for a franchise and keep threads going years after the last animated release, the wider internet doesn't seem to care. If it doesn't show up in animated form, it might as well not exist.

To use Madoka on AO3 as an example, there are 1229 works in total. Of these, only 17 are tagged with Oriko from Oriko Magica. Only 3 have Kazumi from Kazumi Magica. There are ZERO tagged with any characters from Suzune Magica or Puella Magi Tart Magica. Sure, these series are substantially less popular anyway, but it's clear that fanfic communities aren't able to use this material to extend their lifespan.

Love Live is growing because it's had 3 anime seasons in 4 years. No other anime with good yuri fanfic potential is anywhere near as active.

>Madoka gets a couple a week, which are by and large fucking awful

Was working on some lewds for this. Hopefully they are not fucking awful too.
>>
>>2195694
http://pastebin.com/yCD5TQEx
I took Sugoi Story Anego's list above from last thread and I checked all the links for what's alive and what's dead. Thankfully most (over 95%) of the fics can still be found on the net. Biggest thing missing is everything from megatenkink. Nothing was uploaded elsewhere and barely anything was archived and I can't find shit.

Anything from adultfanfiction.net can be fixed by just changing putting a dash between adult and fanfiction and changing net to org. A couple other sites had similar stuff and just needed URLs to be updated. A shit ton required me to go Archive Diving but luckily people actually went nuts and archived nearly everything.

Here's the complete list of everything alive or dead complete with redirects for all dead links and dead sites to archives of the original links - I put notes next to all of the dead fics and I showed archive links that were as close as I could get to the now dead fic. Hopefully you guys have some of the things I couldn't find downloaded but thankfully I was able to find the bulk of it. This took me roughly 12 hours to do.

http://pastebin.com/e51GCCP1

Note: I will be cleaning this up (some of the links in the original archive were duplicates but I mostly left them in) - format is rather simple Alive means it can be found somewhere on the web and Dead means I couldn't find it at all. Notes are added for various things.
>>
>>2199963
Any redirects to fixed links, alternate sites with the same content, or archives were put in parenthesis. Original link is afterwards.
>>
>>2199963
Thanks for the work, anon.
>>
>>2199967
You're welcome!

One thing - I'd be really thankful if someone had a copy of the Blue Drop Mediafire link:
>Blue Drop
>Dead (Will ask 4/u/ later if they had this downloaded cause I can't even do a proper search since it's just a dead mediafire link) - http://www.mediafire.com/?m2zzyjjynnd

And the Mai HiME translated story Friends!? Or Lovers!?
>Mai HiME
>Alive http://yuri.skr.jp/kukulcan/others2/my-hime_sizuru_111.htm -> japanese
>Dead (Came as close as this: http://web.archive.org/web/20130423142104/http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com) http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com/tag/friendsorlovers -> translation of the above story?

Side note: pictures are the worst thing you can do add to any site with fanfiction. Pure text is best - avatars ruin everything. Pictures are only ok when they are of high quality with no text/stupid shit added and of the original characters from the canon they originate from. Can't stand seeing Bazinga man every fucking where.
>>
>>2199860
>>2199301
I follow a few dedicated writers that have been at it for close to 10 years. In one case I even got into the fandom just because I knew they would be pumping out content regularly about it.
Generally, writers look at how popular something is before they write for it. If you see a single thread with 100 posts on /u/ that is 12 weeks old and the anime finished, you are not going to write for it. You write for an audience and of course that audience has to exist.
But then you also sometimes get people that just don't give a shit to write for a fandom that has a lot of writers already and those picky people are usually the people that put out the good quality fics, so you get maybe 1 in a 100 madoka fics that aren't to be thrown out the window.
I started using some of my money to directly commission fics like about a year ago.It's pretty cheap, 20$ for 11000-16000 words is what I have paid so far and I got a few fics that would definitely have never been made otherwise.
>>
File: 1463849272055.jpg (50KB, 328x297px) Image search: [Google]
1463849272055.jpg
50KB, 328x297px
is there any plugin or whatever for fanfiction net to hide whole authors/fics? I'm tired of that one faggot publishing stories in which he turns lesbian couples into het.

even worse: someone here on /u/ shills him
>>
I wish there were better alternatives for ff.net and AO3, but even if there is, they are dead. Even AO3 is dead when it comes to certain fandoms.

>>2199301
>AnR was dead and shit last time I checked

True, but it seems anr stories RARELY had futa/genderbend/ self-insert OC. I can respect at least that.
>>
>>2200428
The audience needing to exist is the backbone of my point. Should have probably said that first. Anime audiences seem to move on very fast vs other mediums, probably because of the sparse release schedule for anything other than some Shonen.

Also fanfic hosts have effectively zero tools for assessing the health of a fandom. Would be nice to know how many people are looking at things over time, or the rate of new fanfics being posted. Apart from the few things that have been already mentioned, what anime are still getting regular fanfic content?
>>
>>2200428
>Generally, writers look at how popular something is before they write for it.
Do they really? Because how many people are going to read something has never been a motivation in me writing anything. Obviously, it's preferable if more people read something you've written. But generally my greatest motivation is 'I want to read this thing and no one else has written it'. I wouldn't have thought it was that rare either, but maybe that's just because I generally end up reading in small fandoms anyway.
>>
>>2200722
Most people write for an audience
If nobody reads it, they drop it.
>>
>>2200722
It does matter, and I do look at the status of a fandom before getting started with writing. That doesn't mean that I head for the most popular and active fandom, but I have shelved ideas in the past simply because I'd be writing for a dead fandom. Fanfiction is great because it gets you a lot of exposure and feedback, and giving up those things has to be worth it. Despite that, I'm sitting on a whole lot of unpublished work.
>>
>>2200728
Perhaps a more appropriate question then would be, how many authors worth reading only write for an audience.
>>
>>2200735
Most of them. You may prefer to believe in your idea of "good authors write for themselves / for the sake of writing" but that is simply not the case.
Also, check what >>2200734 said.
Basically, if you have a choice between
1) extremely popular fandom you don't really like
2) moderately popular fandom you like
3) extremely unpopular fandom you love
You are going to write for 2)
Definitely not for 3) because nobody will be there to read it and definitely not 1) because all the popularity in the world (in fanfic) won't make you like a fandom.
>>
>>2200484
archive of our own

jokes aside i tried to see if i could make it work on ff.net but gave up after a couple attempts.

there's this site http://scryer.darklordpotter.net/ which allows you to search (very limited) fandoms and exclude the author in question.

>>2198751
>Either way, I think it'salso because there hasn't been any strong enough yuri the last years to make people start writing

i agree with this. yuri anime has always been kind of niche, and with the rise in easily shippable western content less people will be going out of their way to consume eastern yuri, especially when a lot of it has always been a hard sell to the western market imo. not sure if it got stigmatized as a "neckbeard" thing either, in which case even less girls would be getting into it and they're the ones that write the most fic.

>>2200722
>But generally my greatest motivation is 'I want to read this thing and no one else has written it'.

this is largely my motivation as well, i want to create something i enjoy. but it's nice to be able to share something that makes me happy with other people that may like it. at the end of the day, the fic is for me, but in really small/nonexistant fandoms it'll have to be a specific story i really wanted to tell.
>>
>>2200799
I can't believe I took some computer classes, even learned a bit of coding, but I can't make a fucking plugin. I can't even make a software.
>>
>>2200722
I'm right there with you anon. My caveat is that I won't post it if it's unfinished or awful.
>>
>>2200799
I just blocked his fic with ublock origin, bless. I'll have to do that everytime he updates or publishes something new, but it's ok
>>
>>2200486
>but even if there is, they are dead

It's not a better alternative (really. Anything BUT better), but it's still flooding with fics: femslash_today on livejournal.
It's insanely hard to find things there, outside of the daily compilation posts, though.
>>
>>2201246
>livejournal.

Does it still exist? And last time I went there I had a hard time using their search engine.
>>
>>2200914
Hah I feel you. I work as a web developer but I have no idea how to make a web plugin.
>>
I still use ff.net because some fandoms are only alive in there, but why do their mods/staff suck so much? Do they think they are Gods and shouldn't listen to us mere mortals? I've sent them some e-mails and got no fucking answer at all.
>>
>>2201385
I've been writing on FF for almost 10 years now and I never had a problem with the staff or moderation.

I see that a lot of others do, and in some sense that's why I've also moved to AO3, but what, exactly, is people's issues with FF?
>>
>>2200738
I'm not saying that anyone should only be writing worthy fic in dead fandoms, especially considering a lot of people write in many different fandoms in the first place. But if you're *only* writing for accolades, instead of writing good stories you want to tell, then I think your motivations are broken. And fandoms are dead because no one's making anything or talking about things. I've seen one good fic ignite a fandom or reinvigorate a dead one.
>>
>>2201397
ffn has some serious issues with users report-brigading fics they dont like, and the staff facilitates this by going along with the brigades all the time. ive seen more than a couple authors on ao3 say they moved due to their stuff getting taken down
>>
What's the most angst-ridden, emotionally torturous fic you've read?

For me, it would have to be this: https://archiveofourown.org/works/4028710
>>
>>2201690
Oh hell yeah. Same here. This fic really made me crave some good old fashioned fucked up angst. Any other fics like this?
>>
>>2201668
I'll take a guess and say those fics that got reported were actually shitty. Probably OC, self insert or other kind of bad writing.
>>
>>2200428
Out of interest, where do you go to commission fics? That price seems really low.
>>
>>2201938
>That price seems really low.

>paying more for a fucking fanfic than for a 1500 page novel

>paying for a fanfic

This is mindblowing. I can barely understand commissioning fucking porn, but a fanfic?
>>
>>2201940
Disposable income is a helluva drug.
>>
>>2198220
I feel like this is appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sncun3BKMnw
>>
>>2201938
Kuugen does decent work
It's not award winning literature but it's not overpriced like so many others and the quality is still above board.

>>2201940
When you buy something in a shop you have to pick from a pool of things available to you while I get to dictate down to the last detail what I want. If I have the choice between reading some books I only read because I'm starved for yuri and don't really have any options because what I really want does not exist, why would I not pay to make it exist?
>>
>>2201940
I make far more money than I ever spend. Might as well get something I enjoy created.

I have commissioned porn fics before, and they were a lot more expensive than that.
>>
>>2201982
If you look at stuff like hew New Game fic or the pretty cure one-shot she did recently, that's the two extreme ends of her spectrum, super fluff and full on porn.
Personally, I prefer more mild sex.
>>
>>2202007
>she
who?
>>
>>2201982
Why not create it yourself? I also make more money than I would spend, but no one can ever match the stories in my head as well as I can, because I know what I want better than I can communicate it to someone else.
>>
>>2202053
I do, sometimes. A couple of my stories are actually on the Anego list from way back.

Problem is I'm cash rich and time poor these days.
>>
>>2200428
Can I ask what do you mean using money for fanfictions? You ask specific authors to write a fanfictions for you?

I have also written fanfics, but I don't go for the popular fandoms. Because I simply can't be inspired to write for something if I don't like it myself.

Sure, when I first started writing 2 years ago, it stang not getting as attention as I'd like them to. And watching other authors getting 150+ reviews for a simple 4 chapter story, while mine got 50 for a 10 chapter, was frustrating.

But it is true, fanfics are all about the right timing. It better to write for a fandom when their anime is on that season. After around a year, most people lose interest.
>>
>>2201234
Just curious who is the author's name?
>>
>>2202053
Not the other anon, but I don't like writing, I only like reading. If I write, there won't be any surprises or plot twists, I'll know everything already and that kinda ruins it for me.
>>
>>2202099
>I'll know everything already and that kinda ruins it for me
I disagree. I've been writing - both fanfiction and non-fanfiction works my entire life more or less and this is pretty untrue.

Sure, you (usually) know how a story will progress. Generally you have any number between 1 and 3 of the beginning, middle, and end of the story. But once writing it you regularly find some different twist or turn of phrase or plot development that changes the story and this is almost always a wonderful thing in and of itself.
>>
>>2202031
Following the conversation, Kuugen

>>2202076
I just pm authors I like on ffnet or twitter, set up a deal, they deliver on my instructions, I pay. You can probably scam those people by just not paying after you get your thing but that's pig level even for 4chan.

>>2202109
That only applies to writers that work in category B. Category A writers plan out everything since they can't just make it up as they go.
>>
>>2202166
>That only applies to writers that work in category B. Category A writers plan out everything since they can't just make it up as they go.

Is category A and B some defined writing method categorization thing? I've not come across it before.
>>
>>2202007
Yeah, I'm not liking all the porn in Overheat. The author writes all characters as horny and perverts. That's all the "personality" most of them have.
>>
Also here's some stats on "revision date" for f/f over time on AO3.

Nov-16 9371
Oct-16 7297
Sep-16 6292
Aug-16 7376
Jul-16 6564
Jun-16 6072
May-16 5786
Apr-16 5497
Mar-16 5769
Feb-16 5776
Jan-16 5107
Dec-15 5434
Nov-15 3970
Oct-15 4233
Sep-15 4202
Aug-15 4746
Jul-15 4505
Jun-15 4098
May-15 3556
Apr-15 3483
Mar-15 3883
Feb-15 3826
Jan-15 3507
Dec-14 3766
Nov-14 2557

Note that the revision date statistic biases more recent months because only the most recent revision is counted. Still, looks positive.

Unfortunately this doesn't help with measuring the health of anime fanfic in particular.
>>
>>2202166
>That only applies to writers that work in category B. Category A writers plan out everything since they can't just make it up as they go.
Fair enough. I guess it's a bit selfish of me to think everyone writes the way I do.
>>
>>2202166
>Category A writers plan out everything since they can't just make it up as they go

I see so many fics that were updating very fast and all and suddenly: hiatus or cancel. That's one of the problems of not planning the story
>>
>>2202191
Kuugen only has two personality type she writes and they're 'shy horny' and 'perverted horny'.

I guess that's good enough for a lot of people.
>>
>>2202248
It's bad imo. Cause it ends up being their whole personality and they become one-dimensional.
>>
>>2202193
AO3 is a mistake.

All it does is split the community while giving birth to that pile of horror show known as AO3's tag system
>>
>>2202271
I personally agree with you, but there's no denying that Kuugen is popular around these parts.
>>
Pointless poll on how lewd you like your fanfic.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11777874
>>
Any good Clexa fic recs? Something to fill the aching, unhealing hole.
>>
>>2202321
I would choose half the options here if possible. All of these are great, but the tone of the work has to be consistent with the amount of sex.
>>
>>2202321
Consistency is the most important thing, but given a choice I like having a great plot that happens to have fucking in it where appropriate, preferably explicit fucking.
>>
>>2202321
Handholding and cuddles pls.
>>
>>2202321
Seems like most of us prefer Plot with Porn (mostly plot).
>>
>>2202384
It's what happens when you steadily devour every bit of material for a pairing you like
>>
>>2202386
They are not necessarily bad though. In fact, those are the ones I pursue most of the time.
>>
>>2202389
I wasn't speaking against them since like you said, they're usually worthwhile. I was just giving a reason why those are favored. Cause goddamn, pwp are usually oneshots, and fade to black can be good but they're middling unless it's long multi-chap stuff.
>>
>>2202321
Wow /u/ is filled with plebs. True purity means no sex whatsoever.
>>
>>2202321

I prefer it when there's a good, clear buildup to sex. It doesn't automatically happen, but a relationship is built up until eventually the inevitable happens.
>>
>>2202533
>It doesn't automatically happen

That's not how Tinder works
>>
>>2202191
>>2202248
>>2202271
>>2202303
I am not sure what part of Overheat you were reading to get that idea. There are a number of pretty flat characters, but they're mostly secondary, like the makers
People asked for more porn and now there is more porn, I am not sure how that is a bad thing in yuri fanfic. It's not like real people don't regularly fuck or masturbate.
I usually don't bother defending her because it just leads to arguments but this one I really don't see as justified.
We went like 5+ chapters at a time with 0-1 sex scenes.
>>
Ever notice how a lot of authors will abandon stories either right before writing a sex scene, or right after writing one?
>>
>>2202472
>calls others plebs
>while being one himself
Top show.
>>
>>2202829
>responding to being called out as a pleb by trying to label your opponent a pleb

Mark of a true pleb.
>>
>>2202747
I haven't read Overheat. I read Hear My Song and some one shots and that's the impression I got.
>>
>>2202884
Hear my Song was a really long time ago. She's come pretty far since then. The oneshots, from neptunia, were like... what was it? I think she and another author rolled dice on a table for a pairing and had to write a thing for that pairing in under 2000 words and in one day.
Dissonance especially is where her character development skills shine desu senpai
>>
>>2202939
In Overheat EVERYONE is paired with someone, Yeah, I like yuri, but like this it feels too forced and exaggerated. And in the end none gets much development since there are too many pairings and characters.
>>
>>2202942
Kuugen is always more about relationships prospering or failing, not the get together, so development happens slowly over time.
Vert and Blanc had plenty of development. Noire and Magic had a bunch too. Neptune is falling for Noire. Plutia is too "muh pace" to make much sense of but Peashy is clearly motivated by her past and Rei just wants to be loved.
It's true, none of them gets MUCH development all at once because everyone gets a little at a time.
>>
>>2202939
>>2202963
Okay. I read a bit of the latest chapter of Overheat. I read it seriously for the first few paragraphs, and then got bored and skimmed.

Everyone is horny and that seems to be their main defining trait. Everyone feels like they talk the same and fixate on the same things. I don't see where the improvement from HMS is. It may even be worse in terms of character differentiation.
>>
>>2203010
I think part of the problem is that the current Overheat arc is kinda slice-of-life/filler-ish and boring.

The previous arc also had horny dogs, but it was somewhat less noticeable because there was a lot of plot.
>>
>>2203010
Did you read only the latest chapter and skipped everything prior? Because the latest Overheat is a terrible example since for the first time in ages we got a bunch of sex.
>>
By the way I'm not a purity fag. I love yuri sex, but I Overheat in general rubbed me in a wrong way.
>>
>tfw there isn't any long-fic with Vert x Iffy as one of the main pairings

can I use this reaction pic? It's a lizard, not a man. Ash treats it as a male, but there is no way to tell just by looking at it
>>
File: lkjklnçnpio.png (330KB, 477x507px) Image search: [Google]
lkjklnçnpio.png
330KB, 477x507px
>>2203054
>>
>Instead, it feels like you forcibly introduced new threats to the story in order to pad out the length of the series

This review of Overheat got me thinking: how much Kuugen had planned for this fic at first? And what she had planned. I mean, OH was published in 2013 and back then Noire's game (2014) and VII(2015) hadn't been released (not even in Japan). I wonder what kind of ending she had planned back then.
>>
>>2202275
True. I wish they would just improve ff.net, have a better staff/moderation, implement some new good features and listen to suggestions.
>>
Still about Overheat, the game arc is dragging so much, but I'm not sure how kuugen could fix this. If she created a way for them to leave the game without completing the other quests/bosses, it will make all those previous scenes unnecessary and pointless. Maybe she could just do a time skip and suddenly everyone already completed everything offscreen and get ready to leave the game world. But that would be bad writing, but at this point I think I wouldn't even mind, if it meant skipping all the filler.

Sometimes I wonder if she should have made the game arc into a spin off instead.
>>
File: redheadB.png (659KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
redheadB.png
659KB, 2550x3300px
well I'm not sure this' the place to post it, but I'm nearly finished now with a trashy yuri/action novel.

Heranes: Trials of A Demigoddess is basically a parody of the trials of Hercules, where a daughter of Hera (a super strong and mouthy lesbian of a redhead demigoddess) tries to overcome the trials given by a perverted king to prove herself worthy of godhood. She presses on through catfighting with titans, dueling titboxing queens, fighting armies of bandits, catching runaway ninja princesses, and seducing her way through a garden of golden apples

preview of part 1 is here:
luffy316.blogspot.com/2016/10/tales-of-heranes-lady-hercules.html

Actual listing:
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D154606011&field-keywords=heranes
>>
>>2203716
Sounds promising. Might be a better fit in the /u/ lit thread though.
>>
>>2203690
I took your questions to IRC.
IRC log:
>(19:27:51) (Kuugen) The original goal? Overheat was always planned as a three part story, although at the beginning I was only working through Part 1, World at War. I knew more games would be coming so I left myself some space for part 2 and part 3 regarding that. If the new game was going to be shit, I would not have ended the story after part 1 but simply done something else. There was always the possibility of doing more with Rei and
>(19:28:54) (Kuugen) fucking character limit. errr. Doing more with Rei and there was also the possibility of escalating the war even more, although I the ending I have in mind would be much harder to achieve that way
>(19:30:22) (Kuugen) But after Meganeps came out, I knew exactly what I would be doing with part 3, and I just needed a part 2 to serve as a calming reagent between part 1 and part 3. That's why we're in what feels like an endlessly dragging slice of life gaming scenario. It's required, just by factoring in how much time I need to pass in the story without just skipping through it.
>(19:32:12) (Kuugen) The Noire game generals I added because I wanted a large group of mercenaries that were not extremely well defined within their source material so this worked out really well. To compare, Famitsu and Dengekiko have decent characterization through U and MegaTag while the Generals are very, very shallow
>>
>>2203697
>(19:34:28) (Kuugen) "the game arc is dragging so much" "all the fighting is filler" "just get on with it" "I liked the grimdark better" ugh, I heard this all a dozen times already, pls stop. The grass is always greener on the other side and like I said before, between all this "filler", i.e. the gaming stuff, there is valuable and important character development that, if I skipped it, would make part 3 unmanageable
>(19:36:47) (Kuugen) Just imagine if I wrote this and just skipped all the game content. "Uh, so why exactly is this inside a game if they aren't doing any game things" would be the next complaint. I know it drags, I know I fucked up by not realizing just how much space the actual game stuff would eat, but I refuse to compromise on it at this point. I am already fast-tracking it as-is now, with two trials a chapter and so forth.
>(19:39:19) (Kuugen) And seriously, screw you, when it was all grimdark people complained it isn't Neps doing cute friendly nep things, now that they ARE doing that, the complaints are that it isn't edgy everyone dies stuff. If this was anime, part 1 would be the hella action filled first 3 episodes, then we get part 2, where all the character development happens before we hit the climax finale
>>
>>2203785
>>2203798
Oh thanks, that is very insightful.
>>
>>2203826
I asked about what details exactly she had planned for the fic and the only answer I got was "I remember the geass bullets. Do you?"
>>
>>2203834
If by "geass" she means something about Code Geass, then I'm clueless, since I've never watched that anime.
>>
>>2203844
Way early in the story, IF or Linda as IF, went around shooting people with some special magic bullet that would force them to do something later, in exchange for a favor from the underworld or something
>>
>>2203847
Oh yeah. Long time since I read that part.
>>
File: CyyvMQIXcAA87gz.jpg (179KB, 1501x768px) Image search: [Google]
CyyvMQIXcAA87gz.jpg
179KB, 1501x768px
Looks like Kuugen is planning a strike witches thing. I didn't know people even wrote strike witches fanfic.
Looks like this is the cast?
I don't wanna go and find the stuff that explains what grand witches are, it's a giant info dump of setting and science shit I didn't understand
>>
Any good Urban Fantasy fics? Faes, Vampires, Werewolfs, Angels, Demons
>>
>>2204071
>502
>Grand Witch

What
>>
>>2204084
"Urban fantasy" is one of the most plebeian genres ever.
>>
>>2204071
Doesn't Kuugen love big tits? SW doesn't seem particularly oppai-ish, I'm surprised she's doing it.

Unless it's just a commissioned work.
>>
>>2204153
Thank you for your contribution.
>>
>>2204156
You're welcome. I am always happy to inform people that their taste is bad.
>>
File: 1465783503907.jpg (1MB, 1800x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1465783503907.jpg
1MB, 1800x1093px
>>2204157
That's an opinion, not a fact Anon.
Also...
>Telling people what's a good and bad taste in a General Thread about fanfiction

Holy fuck.
>>
>>2204166
Wrong.
>>
>>2204071
>I didn't know people even wrote strike witches fanfic
It exists, but like Neptunia, a lot of it was self-insert OC garbage. Usually involving a male witch, even though that's highly improbable.

Only a few select handful are decent, and none in particular are really "standout good". But some of the ones I'm interested in are either dead or abandoned.
>>
Is it valid to want to write for a new fandom in order to hopefully encourage others to write for that fandom as well? Or is this a fools errand? Like would adding to the number of fics available on AO3 for a new fandom encourage others to write?
>>
Is there any yuri related quest on the qst board?
Can't tell which one have since the threads all over the place plus tags is not that useful.
>>
>>2204271
Of course, that's completely valid. At the very least it'd most likely make some people happy.

what fandom
>>
>>2204282

Flip Flappers. I think I scored the first fic for the fandom though there are a few others nowadays.

I'm of the mind that a fandom lives and dies by the content it produces so I've been trying to encourage people to get out and create however I can though I'm not sure what to do beyond write myself.
>>
File: CyyfmpcXgAA2qPA.jpg (189KB, 1501x768px) Image search: [Google]
CyyfmpcXgAA2qPA.jpg
189KB, 1501x768px
>>2204141
I found the pastebin after 2 hours of searching for it
http://pastebin.com/p32nLhuE
And there was a scenario thing

>>2204154
Nikka is big, Krupinski is big, Charlotte is big, Hikari is moderate, Aleks is moderate, Minna is kinda big. But yes, this is Kuugen we are talking about, you can probably expect some boob size inflation creep. After reading that pastebin again and your post I think like 80% possibility the extra magic gets stored as extra tits. Really, she should go work with Ritz or the SRK people.

>>2204199
Kuugen despises OC stuff. She does kind of self-insert her two fetishes, big tits and boots(?), into almost everything in some way though, not sure if that isn't even worse.
>>
>>2204366
>you can probably expect some boob size inflation creep

Yep. Also happened in Overheat with Blanc, Ram and Uni (a little bit).
>>
>>2204380
Hahaha, I know, i know.
I think Uni deserved it. Blanc wanted it. Ram was just unnecessary boob creeping.

But, considering Kuugen is one of our oldest writers, I mean she must be like in her 40's now, at least, I can live with this if the story is otherwise good. I don't even remember when Uni, Ram and Blanc's boob size was even relevant outside a sex scene.
It's like living with the commercials before a movie or during a movie on TV

Honestly, I am hype as fuck about this.
>>
>>2204381
Yeah, the boob expansion won't make me drop the fic, I can stand it, but I just find it completely unnecessary.
>>
>>2204381
huh, she's really that old? Figured she was in her early 30s or something.
>>
>>2204384
Honestly, if it ensures the author doesn't drop the fic half finished, I can totally live with it.

>>2204386
I have no idea how old she is actually. That was just my best guess.
>>
So there will be seven JFWs with Grand Witches, each of them get 2 except the one we will be reading about. That one gets six because they deal with the main Humanoid Neuroi nest in Cuba. Or the carribean confederation as it is called in SW.

And there is a new pastebin with side effects of being a grand witch. As expected, boob creep is definitely in there.
http://pastebin.com/kKsrMujE
Most of them seem humorous. Unable to turn off your cat ears and tail? Yes please. I need permanent squirrel Hikari.

I am super disappointed no Sanya/Eila in this though
>>
>>2204401
>boob creep
As expected of Kuugen!
>>
>>2197989
Personally I like slice of life, so I have no problem with cute coffee shop or college AUs as long as they're done well.
>>
>>2199301
I don't see a lot of anime fan fics anymore, but then I don't see a lot of super popular animes either. Big ones like Naruto and Bleach are gone, and Anime's really not that popular in America any more.

Now it's all about live action shows, like OUaT or Supernatural.
>>
>>2202275
>All it does is split the community while giving birth to that pile of horror show known as AO3's tag system
AO3's tag system has its issues, but I'd rather have too many tags than too few. It's absolutely impossible to find anything on FF.net, because nothing is ever tagged.

I'm willing to suffer through tags like " i have been told this is humorous" and "but i presume nothing" if it means I can reliably find Clarke/Lexa stories without drowning in a sea of other pairings.
>>
>>2202323
Someone recomended this one to me a few threads ago, and I loved it:
>The business of caring: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6991291/chapters/15931504

It's college AU though, so if that's not your cup of tea, then I'm sorry.
>>
>>2202321
I sometimes read fics just to jack off, but I prefer it if there's fluffy porn, where the sex is just a tool to show how much the characters love each other.
>>
>>2204453
My biggest gripe with the tag system is the character tags only because people tag every character that exists in the story when I'd rather they tag central characters. It works for pairings obviously but searching for stories with xyz character as the focus is impossible.
>>
>>2202321
I chose plot with porn, with the caveat that a lot of authors seem to think their porn with plot stories are plot with porn instead. Or to put it another way, a lot of my favorite fiction (fanfics or not) do in fact have a smut scene or two, and I enjoy them. But I'm not sure I've ever actually particularly liked something that explicitly called itself plot with porn or thought that was a good description of their work. Usually both too much porn and way too obviously smutty a set-up in general even in those stories.
>>
How do you girls feel about virgins writing smut fanfic, do you think they can do it right? Do you think non-virgins would do a better job at writing sex scenes?
>>
>>2204570
How the fuck would I know it's a virgin? Either it's bad or it's not. Hard to tell even that without a direct example, obviously.
>>
>>2204570
Virgins write more exotic sex stuff that isn't always practical or gonna work in reality
Non-virgins focus more on realistic sex, which is generally a whole lot of the same unless you bring in specific fetishes
>>
>>2204570
If I know they're a virgin/nonvirgin, then it's because they told me. And if they went out of their way to tell me either way, then they're a creep and I'm not reading their work
>>
>>2204570
If this is your way of asking if you should try.

Just do it.
>>
>>2204570
I mean by the same logic is it wrong for a guy to write lesbian sex scenes? I honestly think it's irrelevant as long as they can do it well.
>>
>>2204575

That's a pretty stupid division, and they may be inexperienced but if it's a well-written scene, I don't care. Half the lesbians in OUAT fandom write the most horrendously unerotic smut scenes, yet they're the ones with experience.
>>
>>2204570
How do you feel about anyone writing anything they personally have no experience of? ie war, psychological issues, etc

What kind silly question is that.
>>
>>2204570

Either you're good at writing porn or you're not and if an author is flouncing their sexual proclivities around on the internet, I'd be somewhat disturbed. Just look at LK Hamilsuck.
>>
>>2204277
MGNQ

I don't know /u/'s view on it, but I personally love it
>>
File: 1452811591879.png (685KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1452811591879.png
685KB, 800x1131px
I wrote some Love Live smut and I could use some reviews right now.
Anyone?
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12225657/1/The-School-Idols-are-doing-Yuri-Sex
>>
why do i have a problem reading oc fics?
>>
>>2205641
It might go against the premise if your fic, but I'd like to see some excuse plot before the sex just for buildup. The sex is nice though. The biggest issue is with proofreading in general. Tenses change a lot and the punctuation is sloppy.
>>
>>2205787
because you are a sane person
>>
>>2205641
Here's some proofreading. I've been nitpicky and not everything i've listed strictly needs changing.

http://pastebin.com/YEYHC8ir

For future reference, would directly asking here for proofreading help be ok?
>>
How do you guys feel about tragic stories?
>>
>>2206019
I don't like them, I prefer happy endings.
>>
>>2206019
I too prefer happy endings
>>
>>2206019
Make it classic tragedy where happiness and love is within reach but is never attained because of character flaws and I'll love it. If it's the usual angstfest with added grimderp I can't stand it.
>>
>>2205952
Thanks, nee-san
>>
>>2206019
Tragic is fine. Melancholic is fine. Bittersweet is fine. In some sense, I enjoy these more than fluffy, happy stories. And throughout my writing career I've more or less written those naturally as well.

But fuck overly-angsty drivel.
>>
Would a fanfic between Tomoko and Yuu be good or too unrealistic?
>>
>>2206199
Considering Tomoko's behaviour towards Yuu it's already half canon.

Just do it.
>>
This is frustrating, why would anyone prefer to write about shit like RWBY when you have glorious nippon stuff available
>>
>>2206254
At least it's an animated show.

I can't stand people writing about Live Action shows. Waste of time, and it's so large in the western fanbase.

If I could make a guess as to why, I think it may be that so many western /u/ fans are also tumblr/SJW-leaning (for better or worse) and they're more interested in live action shows because they see it as /u/ acceptance in real life, as opposed to anime, which isn't "real" and thus doesn't "advance" anything.

I may just be pulling this out of my ass, but it's a guess.
>>
>>2206255
I think it's more likely that more English speaking people watch western shows, shockingly enough. Whereas RWBY is actively competing with anime/manga. Why does it bother you, though?
>>
>>2206255
It's not that complicated. Live action shows are more popular in the west than anime. Anime had its heyday, and now that heyday has passed.
>>
>>2206255
I have nothing against live shows if the actresses are actually good looking. But 9.5 out of 10 times, it's some decently attractive chick with a butterface girlfriend, oh and at least one of them probably dies.

I think the only film/tv with two actually good looking people I recall right now is Imagine You &Me and Lost & Delirious.

>>2206261

You sound like a teenager who's really eager to rail against the "old" just for the sake of it.
>>
>>2206272
The death is a huge part of what inspires fic.
>>
>>2206272
No that person is right. The only popular and current anime with the western audience with /u/ potential is like Love Live and it's not the type to attract the large fanfic group that wrote for buffy and xena and shit.
Live action fandoms are really big because of the growth of the internet and ease of access to those shows. Anime is also growing, but nothing that favors /u/ is really benefitting.
>>
>>2206255
what is currently airing that you would rather have people write about?

pretty sure you're pulling that theory out of your ass, and the increase in western fic has more to do with shows having more women in them to write about, rather than the sjw agenda.

>>2206277
>Anime is also growing, but nothing that favors /u/ is really benefitting.

i wonder if the accessibility has actually done more harm, seeing as there's so much more garbage to sort through. i think that was at least a factor in why i haven't watched a new anime in over a year.

>>2206254
RWBY is so unequivocally and heartbreakingly bad at this point i think part of the appeal is just ignoring canon and making something better with the potential that it provided.
>>
>>2206294
>spoiler
Same desu

RWBY is a weird one anyway, because I distinctly remember people writing fic and drawing fanart before the show had even started, when all people had to go on was blurbs and character art. So canon has really only ever even been a suggestion.
>>
>>2206297
>>2206294
If you do like anime, I do suggest watching this seasons Flip Flappers. It's a really well animated, quite well written and very imaginative girl meets girl love story that's being criminally ignores by everyone.

On RWBY, I think, yuri wise the appeal is just the chatacter designs and what little personality you get from the show. The canon events are mostly ignored by the /u/ fandom (can't really blame them).
>>
>>2206297
>I distinctly remember people writing fic and drawing fanart before the show had even started

i wonder why? was it the existing roosterteeth fanbase? i have no idea what they're like, i just assumed it was mostly neckbeards that weren't going to be putting out fanfic and art tho, based on the people i've met.

>>2206300
>If you do like anime, I do suggest watching this seasons Flip Flappers. It's a really well animated, quite well written and very imaginative girl meets girl love story that's being criminally ignores by everyone.

i liked anime at one point, might be i just in need a break again. right now i've been going back through some essential "classics" i missed. this looks interesting so i'll put it on the list, thanks for the rec.

googling it brought up this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zBaKgJr7Ss which helped sell it.
>>
What's your thoughts on stories that go from yuri to hetero without warning?
>>
>>2206398
What sort of answer do you think you're going to get here?
>>
>>2206398
The absolute worst thing. Far worse than "we were just friends all along" or "one girl senselessly dies at the end".
>>
I wish Ange Vierge had gotten a few fanfics or fanarts. It wasn't the best anime ever, but it had a certain charm.
>>
I didn't see a Kancolle thread so here
I-8 x I-19 Kancolle oneshot just posted on twitter
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12264057/1/Underwater-Lovers
>>
>>2206261
>Anime had its heyday, and now that heyday has passed.
But that's wrong.

In some sense I'd argue the exact opposite: anime is more "acceptable" now in the West, and more widespread - this has diffused the previously concentrated, niche fandoms by spreading it and so there are less fic writers.
>>
>>2206300
Yeah, I haven't even watched RWBY since season 2, but I still read a lot of fanfic. The /u/ potential was greatest when all anyone had to go on was the theme songs and the fact that it was being done by Monty Oum.
>>
>>2206272
>You sound like a teenager who's really eager to rail against the "old" just for the sake of it.
I'm not railing against anything. I still love anime and manga. But I also understand that just because I like something, doesn't mean that thing is popular.

>>2206593
It's more acceptable in general, but there are no more powerhouses attracting gigantic fan bases. No current anime is anywhere near as popular as Pokemon or Naruto used to be.
>>
>>2206570
you are free to post fic here, but here is the thread as well >>2164085

but it's on page 9 and autosaging.

>>2207012
>No current anime is anywhere near as popular as Pokemon or Naruto used to be.

is this true? i'm very much out of the loop now, so i'd just assumed that i didn't know what was popular.
>>
>>2207056
Huh, must have forgotten to search for kantai too instead of just kancolle
Feel free to post it there if you think people will care
>>
>>2207056
One glance at ffnet shows that Naruto is still the fic juggernaut (over 400,000 fics) and almost 20,000 on AO3. Love Live is probably the "biggest" series that contains the most yuri output only has 2,800 and 1,200 on ffnet and AO3 respectively.

On the other hand, RWBY has 17,000 and almost 5,500, but it's decidedly not anime.

Most of the stories are presumably het and yaoi, but face it, there has been no anime series that's as heavy on yuri fic output like Mai Hime or Nanoha, and that was years ago.
>>
>>2207067

At least for AO3, 1621 works are tagged as "f/f" -"f/m" -"m/m" -"other" -"multi" -"gen" (meaning strictly only f/f). A further 801 are "f/f" plus anything else, for 2422 in total. Pretty strongly slanted in favour of f/f, especially since in general only 11% of works published are tagged "f/f".

The good news is that the percentage of all ao3 works getting tagged "f/f" has risen from ~8% two years ago to ~11% today.
>>
>>2207369
That's pretty much all korra and frozen
>>
>>2206297
>RWBY is a weird one anyway, because I distinctly remember people writing fic and drawing fanart before the show had even started, when all people had to go on was blurbs and character art

They still write/draw/talk about characters that have 0 personality, that only appeared in 1 scene.
>>
>>2206199
>>2206221
I tried writing my first yuri fanfic
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12266815/1/If-I-Can-t-Be-Popular-I-ll-Date-My-Best-Friend
>>2206570
Do you still lurk /fgog/?
>>
>>2207369
Authors mistag their stories often enough.

Add to that that futa is also almost always tagged as f/f.

Not crying death of yuri here, just complaining about ao3. I do that a lot, don't mind me.
>>
>>2208369
maybe it would be cool if ff.net had option to tag as yuri, yaoi, het, futa, other.
>>
>>2208355
Pretty good, few things here or there with the layout I'm not too fond of but it's good for what it is. I'm also rather interested to see the next chapter.
>>
>>2208510
Thanks, any critiques? I want to improve my writing
>>
>>2208640
Only thing that really sticks out, aside from the last sentence's "can't" should be a "couldn't" near the top and the "emptily" near the beginning should be changed to "blankly" or just reword the last bit of that sentence. Is that every line that isn't dialogue, or some other cases, doesn't really need to be on a new line. I have a feeling that's more just something from how you write, and I don't really wanna be presumptuous but it stood out. It could just be me being real odd however.

Overall outside of some odd word choices that could be better, I'd say work on flow. Format will come with time and looking over other stuff, or at least it'll be easier. Might still be a bit tricky but it'll start making sense since it's apart of having a good flow. If you're real intent on critiquing I can go through and beta it over the weekend if you want.
>>
>>2208757
Sure that be great if it isn't too much of a bother, thanks anon
>>
>>2208355
I couldn't find a thread like that in the catalog so I gotta ask what's that? Some kancolle thing? I am not actually into the game.
>>
>>2209097
I believe /fgog/ is Fate grand order or something on /vg/. It's a mobage general.
>>
>>2208355
I like it. You get the nastier side of Tomoko's personality across really well. As for critique, well, it could use another round of proofreading. I would also break it up a bit and move the important bits into their own scenes, slightly fleshing them all out. Right now it goes from one thing to another a bit too fast for my taste.
>>
>>2209073
Right here you are. Feel free to take most of these with a grain of salt though.
http://pastebin.com/wFQmEh3F
>>
I haven't caught up on Overlady for over a year. Has it turned /u/ yet, or? I figure I might as well wait to catch up on it until it does so (or rules it out I suppose).
>>
>>2209914
Louise has figured out that she definitely likes Henriette and has confessed as much to Jessica like the update before last, in addition to some more subtext.

You should catch up though, as the plot itself is starting to get really interesting.
>>
>>2209918
Hmmm, sounds promising. I guess I'll take a look then. Hopefully I can remember what was going on when I stopped so I don't have to re-read...
>>
What do you guys want to see more of in stories?
>>
>>2209961
Incest and milfs. Could be both but I'd prefer to see milfs/older woman over incest.
>>
>>2209961
Friends and family actually showing the fuck up and being supportive and shit.

As nice as closed circle love fests are, I do feel the need to see how the other people relevant to the couple's lives would react to the coupling. Preferably in a manner played for laughs or for the sake of warm fuzzies.
>>
>>2209961
Character flaws and vices.
>>
>>2209961
Domesticity.
>>
What are your thoughts on fanfic authors creating patreon accounts, or otherwise profiting financially from what they do?

Personally, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and also seems really unethical, if not downright illegal.
>>
>>2210011
I think there's a difference as to whether they're accepting money Patreon-style (not good) or being paid for fanfic commissions (that's fine with me). A fanfic commission is no more 'wrong' than a fanart commission.

Fanartists have been doing it for years, although it's easier to justify in some sense because it's easier to draw original characters than it is for many fanfic authors to write non-fanfic stories.
>>
>>2210011
If other people are willing to pay fanfic writers monthly to create content for me, why should I complain?

It's the same way for a lot of things I enjoy, from free-to-play games to podcasts.

However if it gets to a point where an author refuses to write any further until enough fans have paid them, then I can wholly understand if people decide to ditch them.
>>
>>2210011
Who. The. Fuck. Would. Actually. Pay. For. Fanfiction?
>>
>>2210035
A similar sort of person to the sort who pays for artwork?

What is so wrong with people spending their disposable income on things they want to buy? Especially when it's the sort of thing that adds more content for the rest of the fanbase to enjoy?
>>2210011
As long as they keep to whatever the fuck they promise in return for being supported, i see no fault. It's not like it's really any different to anyone else who uses the site to gain financial support in exchange for doing something creative.
>>
>>2210085
You might as well just write the fanfiction yourself. Writing isn't half as hard as drawing.
>>
>>2210096
Not everyone has the time, inspiration, or confidence in oneself to write.
>>
>>2209961
I'd like to see a protagonist lose for a change. I'd like to see a young lady faced with a choice between doing what's right and what she wants and choosing the latter and not somehow magically escaping all the consequences in the penultimate chapter.
>>
>>2210105
Because there aren't enough tragic lesbians in actual fiction already?

I'm on board with angst and suffering, but if your story ends with everything falling apart and the characters not getting together, why would you even write it?
>>
>>2210011
>downright illegal
I am sure the strict enforcement of this is why comiket is still around and so big.
And patreons for fanfic are the exact same thing as patreons for doujins or fangame or fanart. You don't get to apply some strange double standard because it isn't a pretty picture.

And it absolutely comes down to how the patreon works anyway.
>Will only write for money
is not going to get you very far anyway.
>Will write anyway but please support
will probably only attract some die-hard fans of the author
>Will write additional shit for those who support
is pretty much the best setup. Those who want specific stuff can just pay for it and the rest gets want they want anyway.

>>2210096
Spoken like someone who has never written something good. Or wouldn't know the difference between a good and bad book if it was color marked.
>>
>>2210106
For the drama and tension within the story?
>>
>>2210111
You sound like someone who is just lazy and wants money to do everything for him.
>>
>>2210113
Disposable income is supposed to buy me the things I want. Nobody will write the specific fanfics I want and I don't have the skill or time to do it myself. You sound like someone who doesn't understand the basic concept behind money.
>>
>>2210115
I understand that you don't have to use on something you can do yourself. This is why corporations have power over us. Because people like you use cash on everything.
>>
>>2210111
I don't people turning fucking fanfiction into some kind of career or money-making scheme. It's supposed to be a hobby done out passion for a fandom. If it becomes a legitimate way to make a living, imagine all the outsider two-bit writers who will start hocking soulless commercialized garbage purely to get on board the money train.
>>
>>2210118
Exactly. We'll have something like the Youtube Let's Play situation but with fanfiction. I don't want something like that EVER.
>>
>>2210113
Writing is a skill which takes time and a modicum of inherent ability to acquire. If it's not something anon feels naturally inclined towards nor has the time for, what's the harm in employing someone else's skill?
>>
>>2210117
>I don't have the time or skill
>You can do it yourself

I can also spend a few years learning how to draw and draw my own fanart or I could just use my disposable income and pay the people that already know how to draw

Your logic is faulty and take your anti-capitalism to /pol/ or something please.

>>2210118
Who are you to decide what fanfiction is supposed to be?
If someone has enough fans to get money out of it and uses that money to write additional stuff, good for them. As long as they keep doing what they were doing before, writing "out of passion for the fandom" and just add commissions via patreon to it, where the fuck is your problem?
Nobody is gonna make a living with a "pay me for fanfics" model if they don't make the jump with an existing fanbase and even if they have a fanbase, they will just go down quickly if they don't keep doing their free product.

>>2210123
Fanfic has such a bad reputation because every idiot thinks he can write when good writing is something that takes years if not decades of practice
>>
>>2210123
I just find it a waste of time for FANFICTION.
>>
>>2210127
What other hobbies do you find are a waste of time?
>>
>>2210128
What other hobbies do you pay for?
>>
>>2210130
What hobbies don't you pay for at some point, would be a better question.
>>
>>2210130
Games - Every game costs money
Anime - CR subscription
Manga - buying localized volumes
Movies - tickets
TV - last I checked TV is not free
Internet - last I checked internet is not free either
Coffee - Unless you grow your own beans, not free
Going out drinking at a bar - drinks cost money
Bowling - Costs money to use the facilities
Darts - In theory this can be free after a one-time purchase but that is still a purchase
Music - mostly through itunes now
Going to concerts - tickets, again
Doujins(TL bouties etc) - Directly paying people to do work I want them to do
Art(commissions) - Because artists, like authors, need to feed themselves

Basically every hobby costs money. That you and your entitlement think fanfics are never deserving of money is basically grounds to fail you intellectually as a human.
Something being "original" does not mean it is more deserving of your money than being "derivative". If anything, there are just as many terrible original books and LNs as there are terrible fanfics. Stories you enjoy are deserving of your money, not because they are not fanfic.
Now go and whine somewhere else already.
>>
>>2210125
>Fanfic has such a bad reputation because every idiot thinks he can write when good writing is something that takes years if not decades of practice
The thing is you aren't writing textbooks or a thesis here. You aren't going to Universities to write fanfiction, bub.
>>
>>2210133
Most of the stuff you listed are "original", fanfiction is derivative, VERY derivative. It's a whole different animal.
>>
>>2210135
The point went so far over your head, I can only express the distance in lightyears.
But feel free to continue trolling, because it is very evident at this point that that is all you're doing.
>>
>>2210137
What I see is that you are a consumer whore and is trying very hard to justify it. Come on, pal Brag to me about all the money you spend because ya can.
>>
>>2210136
No, it's not
>Something being "original" does not mean it is more deserving of your money than being "derivative".

There, already covered you.
>>
>>2210136
Fanfiction is literally just doujinshi without the illustrations.
>>
>>2210136
You just know fanfiction falls under writing which could just as easily be slapped on there and have it's own thing attached as a price tag.
>>
>>2210133
>CR subscription
>Going out drinking at a bar
>itunes

Please tell me you don't actually do these things.
>>
>>2210143
That's what consumer whores do.
>>
>>2210140
Doujinshi is PERMITTED to exist. Anime studios could make a legal issue of it if they wanted to.
>>
>>2210143
Anon was giving an example. God knows there's enough stupid people in the masses that do it.
>>
>>2210146
Anime studios generally cannot because they don't hold the copyright in all cases except when it is an original-anime, which is pretty rare nowadays. At least inform yourself first.
And strange, I don't see fanart commissions being persecuted. Or fanfic being persecuted. Outside of one or two very upset people on /u/.
>>
>>2210146
As is fanfiction? There have certainly been examples in the past of creators blocking fanfiction of their work. If we find it acceptable to commission art and buy doujinshi, why not fanfiction?
>>
>>2210151
The same people that complain about art / doujin commissions / prices will also pirate anime, games, etc.
They just don't want to actually reward or support anyone whose content they consume.
>>
>people giving other people money in exchange for goods and services is somehow a plot by corporations

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>2210154
I know the person in question being whined about here. The whole "it's a capitalism plot!" thing is extra hilarious because their main job is being a ghost writer for original stuff. They live way below the poverty line because they'd rather keep writing and provide fanfics than get social benefits and stop writing fanfics(due to lack of time) even though they'd be better off that way.
>>
>>2210106
Focus on the ride, anon. The struggle is the glory.

I've nothing against fluffy and bunnies and frolicking, I don't! But it does get tiring when every story ever ends neatly with the protagonist gettign everything she wanted all along. It feels like more often than not, in fanfiction, she's truly entitled to what she wants and that the world is at fault for not letting her have it. The whole conflict, tension and progress doesn't stem from the protagonist herself but the world being reluctant to accomodate her.
>>
>>2210125
>every idiot thinks he can write when good writing is something that takes years if not decades of practice

True. I've tried writing stuff in the past and I want to burn every single thing I wrote
>>
File: 1481418628435.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481418628435.png
2MB, 1280x720px
fun fact: Anne Rice forbid people from writing fanfics of her stuff.
>>
>>2210215
I'm sure it achieved a lot.
>>
>>2210215
I'm still not clear on whether she has legal ground to stand on. Is fanfiction parody or not?
>>
>>2210219
Either? Wouldn't it depend more on whether profit is involved. Also ain't she part of the reason disclaimers started getting attached to fics?
>>
>>2210218
At least fanfiction.net, which is one of the biggest fic sites, doesn't publish any fic from Anne Rice stuff. And from some other author too:

"FanFiction respects the expressed wishes of the following authors/publishers and will not archive entries based on their work:
Anne Rice
Archie comics
Dennis L. McKiernan
Irene Radford
J.R. Ward
Laurell K. Hamilton
Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb
P.N. Elrod
Raymond Feist
Robin Hobb
Robin McKinley
Terry Goodkind

Failure to comply with site rules will result in the removal of stories and/or suspension of account."
>>
Legal or not, I doubt japanese authors care about fanfics and I doubt they would browse western sites just to sue us. So them people who write for japanese fandoms are probably safe.
>>
File: anne35345.png (136KB, 824x111px) Image search: [Google]
anne35345.png
136KB, 824x111px
>>2210118
Yeah. I guess a few comissions for money is okay, but if everyone starts charging for all their fics, it will be a problem. Maybe even a legal issue since they will be making money off someone else's story.

Then again, Patreon and Gofundme are going off the rails already. So many people begging for money and giving nothing in return, making up fake sob stories to get free money and buy an iPhone (instead of the "surgery" or "medicine" they lied about). Or sometimes just begging for money and giving no reason.
>>
>>2210247
Well, it's never stupid to ask for money. Giving it is another thing entirely.
>>
>>2210229
>Also ain't she part of the reason disclaimers started getting attached to fics?

I don't know, but whoever started that was an absolute master troll. Imagine convincing thousands of people to ludicrously proclaim "I don't own Naruto" every time they publish a piece of fanfiction.
>>
>>2210233
If they cared at all about fanfics or derivative works in any way they would be doing something about comiket.
People seem to think only doujins are sold at comiket but fanfic novels and such are sold there as well.

>>2210247
You are not money making off someone else's story. You're using their characters and setting, which is basically the same as using someone's set and actors to film your movie.
And in some cases, only the setting or only the actors. What you're implying is recording a movie and then selling the recording, which is not what happens. Legal distinctions are important.
>>
>>2210263
>You are not money making off someone else's story. You're using their characters and setting

Characters are still intellectual property.
>>
>>2210265
Yes, but that is still a different legal distinction than using their story, which in legal terms would be full appropriation of the product and re-selling without license. Making use of IP for derivative purposes is completely different from that. You're welcome.
>>
>>2210310
Seems like now you've just started arguing idiotic semantics to be quite honest. Characters are part of a story. Using someone's characters is not the same as hiring the same actors as another director. You don't have a right to profit off characters you don't own, for example comic book artists who sold the rights to their characters get shut down by the rights owners all the time if they try to profit from them at conventions and what not.
>>
What makes for a good date scene between to characters? Loads and loads of spilled spaghetti and blushing? Sexual tension? Boatloads of angst? What do you want to see in such scenes yourself?
>>
>>2210312
Yeah and people generally don't find it morally objectionable if creators try to do that after selling the rights and they do find it objectionable if they get shut down by rights owners. To put the analogy back in context, to the fans it doesn't matter who owns the rights, just who makes the good content. And they will put their money where the good content is. Not necessarily where the rights lie.
>>
>>2210370
sexual tension and actual sex in later chapters
>>
File: Best Ghost.png (133KB, 242x391px) Image search: [Google]
Best Ghost.png
133KB, 242x391px
>>2210370
Them having fun and hitting it off.
>>
>>2210370
Depends on the characters. Generally either tension or blushing spaghetti.
>>
>>2210106
>I'm on board with angst and suffering, but if your story ends with everything falling apart and the characters not getting together, why would you even write it?

What a terrible way to look at things.

There's an odd social value floating around that says that negative things are only bad, that they don't have any value to them - that the only things worth writing/drawing/thinking/saying are positive things.

Negative emotions/thoughts/art/etc. are absolutely worth it. It's through them that one can contrast the best emotions in life. And in some sense these feelings are "deeper"/more "filling" than strict positivity, which can get "shallow". Writing those kids of stories is worth it for the journey, for the struggle, for drama and tension and suspense, or for the kind of delicious pain something truly emotional and touching and devastating can bring.

tl;dr
Those are worth it for the same reason so many Greek tragedies are worth it (not that I'm comparing quality here, trust me) - the reason is in the fight, the struggle, and understanding/acceptance of the end.
>>
>>2209961
actual plot besides the romance. Mostly for longer fics tho.
>>
>>2210439
There's also the fact that tragedy resulting from character flaws requires strong characterisation, which makes for really interesting drama. At least, that's what I think makes for good tragedy - the fact that the reasons for it come from within, not from the outside in the form of a disaster.
>>
>>2210118
>If it becomes a legitimate way to make a living, imagine all the outsider two-bit writers who will start hocking soulless commercialized garbage purely to get on board the money train.
I think the problem here is that you think fanfic readers are sitting on a caldera of cash to spend on those vulture-like writers you're so against.

In reality, the biggest audiences and largest groups of readers are teens without any kind of disposable income, slightly older people who won't decide to use their limited funds for fanfiction, or other fanfic writers who just want to see what other writers are doing.

It's almost hilarious to think that the average fanfic reader (and let's be real, fanfiction has a smaller audience than fanfart, and it's not like your average fanartists are rolling commission requests) has the money, the desire, or both to pay for fanfiction. If there's one thing this hobby does not need to worry about it's commissions and their possible negative effects.
>>
>>2210439
I already have my own life to make me feel like shit, I don't need tragedy fanfics for that.
>>
>>2210448
>the fact that the reasons for it come from within, not from the outside in the form of a disaster.
This, absolutely. The thought that the character's very own traits are what stand in the way of their happiness, or their life, no matter how hard they struggle to achieve their goal is evocative of the struggle we all go through, and is all the better for it.

>>2210452
>I already have my own life to make me feel like shit, I don't need tragedy fanfics for that.
So skip them - there's a reason that tags and genres exist.

I'm not going to myself, though. Be it actual /lit/ or movies or music, or be it fanfiction and fanart, I enjoy and understand those kinds of tragically sad stories better than anything (assuming they're well written and not angst-fests of course). That's not to say that I don't enjoy happy/fluffy/funny/light-hearted works - I do. But I appreciate them in a different way.
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11221431/1/Ripples-in-the-Stream

This is a Shadowrun / D&D / ME story, and it'll involve lesbians--already does, to some extent. The author has made another ME story that did involve lesbians, and it was good, though she stopped writing it. Should give it a go--it's intriguing, the universes mixing give it an unique look, and the promises of yuri are good.
>>
>>2210609
>and it was good, though she stopped writing it

> and it'll involve lesbians--already does, to some extent

These two make for a bad prediction.
>>
>>2210118
>I don't people turning fucking fanfiction into some kind of career or money-making scheme. It's supposed to be a hobby done out passion for a fandom. If it becomes a legitimate way to make a living, imagine all the outsider two-bit writers who will start hocking soulless commercialized garbage purely to get on board the money train.

i think i'm going to save this post for when i need to laugh at something.

>writing yuri fic actually becomes profitable
>this is bad because despite the increase in stories they must all be terrible due to the fact that everyone that writes will solely be financially motivated

no way that someone with actual skill might be able to create something better writing full time, than what they could make with just a couple hours a week.

>>2210127
so what if it's fanfiction written by some person on the internet? some writers can put out better quality than what major publishers are offering, especially in regards to stories with lesbians.

maybe it will be flawed but it's not like spending money on what a company produced somehow guarantees quality either. just look at bethesda's latest abortion of a fallout game.
>>
>>2210609
>shadowrun/D&D/ME
That is such a weird fucking combination. Is it SR for the cybernetics, ME for general setting, and DND for the general eldtrich beings/divinity?
>>
>>2210609
shepard x liara
no thanks
>>
>>2210118
>People who are paid for their writing must all be soulless hacks and can't possibly match the level of passionate amateurs who wouldn't think of accepting money

This meme needs to die.
>>
>>2211068
It's not as if there aren't already professional authors writing fanfiction and honestly, depending on the story they're not necessarily any better than SOME passionate amateurs. But I'm not going to begrudge someone if they're willing to take money.
>>
People are making money writing fanfiction? Wow. Maybe I should get in on that too.
>>
What about amateur fiction writers? What do they do to show people their work?
>>
>>2211075
>It's not as if there aren't already professional authors writing fanfiction
One of our veteran /u/ writers has worked as a ghost writer for a decade.
>>
>>2211100
Dissonance author? Honestly, I don't love it.
>>
General thread said I should come here to ask where someone writing sexually explicit yuri fanfiction for the first time should post, AO3 or AFF.
>>
>>2211456
I would suggest AO3 myself, though it's always best to simply do both. What's the lucky fandom and pairing?
>>
>>2211459
Ace Attorney, Trucy Wright/Bonny de Famme/Betty de Famme.
>>
>>2211456
I'd definitely do AO3, I appreciate the vast amounts of content on AFF but its design is simply 15 years out of date at this point and all the smaller annoyances of AO3 couldn't make it worse than AFF. You'll probably find more readers on AO3 too if that matters.
>>
>>2211456
AO3. AFF is dead, both in terms of stories and, like >>2211470 said, site design. I can't even figure out how to comment on it.
>>
>>2211648
Why are you posting /d/ick material here?
>>
>>2211395
I don't read it, I only follow her for some of the short stuff. Not really the point eh.
>>
What is the difference between M and E stories on AO3 anyway?
>>
>>2211803
I figured M was strong subject matter, possibly involving stronger depictions of violent or death or sexual themes that are a bit more graphic. Whereas E would be fullblown detailed sex acts?
almost all written the same
>>
>>2211461
I can't believe there's not more of this already
>>
>>2211090
The real money is doing commissions for furries.
>>
>>2211668
Pro authors vs amateurs was mine though
>>
>>2212334
No I mean that the anon doesn't like Dissonance is beside the point
>>
http://fanfiction.net/s/12275442/1/Animalize-Demonium
Started a Hibike Euphonium piece. Kumiko and お姉ちゃん's erotic transformation fantasy adventure.
>>
>>2211803
It's self regulated, so it depends on the author, but mostly M stories can have light descriptions of sex, maybe a few lines before fading to black, while E stories often have straight up porn in them.
>>
So, can we not devote 50% of the next thread to the arch self promoter, ReverseTruth/Kuugen/Whatever?

Probably not.
>>
>>2214996
this is the fanfic thread, where should we discuss those fics?
>>
>>2214996
The thread lasted 22 days, I am not sure what your problem is
A lot of posts were eaten by useless patreon discussion because someone was mad about it.
>>
>tfw you're trying to write sexy fanfics and you had really sexy ideas and were in the zone yesterday but you went to bed instead and today you're just not feeling it.

I really fucked up. Damn it.
>>
>>2215954
Always write every single idea down on paper.
>>
>>2212387
I was that anon and I meant it as evidence that being a pro doesn't always make you superior.
>>
>>2216214
Not liking something does not mean it's bad
At least outside of 4chan.
>>
>>2216216
Guess you can't help your shit taste anon.
>>
any good uber au's simliar to this
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/5217865/1/Lost-in-the-Past
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.