[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lng/ - Light Novels and Web Novels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 51

File: 51+U-05BGgL.jpg (60KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
51+U-05BGgL.jpg
60KB, 337x500px
This thread will be dedicated to light novels and web novels that have yuri as their focus or as a side plot.

I'll be posting what I know about them in hopes of the thread getting a better idea of where they stand in yuri level. Pastebin is very much work-in progress, need to add links to translation, stores, organize better, etc...

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/tXF2mPbj

Light Novel

-Nina and the Rabbits (Nina to Usagi to Mahou no Sensha) - Apparently yuri levels becomes higher as the story progresses. Multiple pairings including an OT3 who crash a wedding.
-Adachi to Shimamura - Human on Alien yuri?
-Soukyuu no Karma - Was mentioned in the previous thread
-Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni - Recently revealed protagonist was reverse trap. Dated one of the heroines.
-Miniskirt Pirates - Side pairing
-Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - Side Pairing
-Ningyo Tsukai - Amazon.jp recommended it. There were reviews that said it was yuri. Other that that no ideas.

Web Novel

-Kansutoppu!
-Harassing Thief Girl [MtF Reincarnation]
-Kill Steal Grow (Manowa)
-What Came to Mind During My Third Time in
Another World was to For Now, Get Naked [MtF Reincarnation]
>>
You may want to add this http://wikiwiki.jp/lilylibrary/?%BE%A6%B6%C8%BA%EE%C9%CA%2F%BE%AE%C0%E2

>Adachi to Shimamura - Human on Alien yuri?
What? The only character that's probably an alien is Yashiro.

Prologue for Adachi to Shimamura vol6 is up on the author's website
http://irumahitoma.jp/webnovel/novel_s043/index.html

vol 6 when
>>
>>1967205
Good resource, but has lots of content that would fit more comfortably on the /lit/ thread.

I'm also curious about what standard they are using for 百合度 and how far it could be used to determine actual yuri level. Marimite is 50%... and then Strawberry Panic is 65%? What?
>>
File: 61vixNQmXML.jpg (70KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
61vixNQmXML.jpg
70KB, 355x500px
The yuri adult light novels from Nijigen Dream Bunko are worth mentioning. For reference, here is a list of yuri titles they have released.
百合グラドル・優衣 禁断ガールズラブ
百合色学園寮 恋人はルームメイト
百合グラドル優衣&詩歩 密着ラブショット
学園百合ストーリーズ 3つの恋花
百合色コーディネート ふたりのキス模様
百合の騎士と薔薇の姫
百合舞うオアシス ルルと美姫と宝石の魔女

百合の騎士と薔薇の姫 is my favorite of the ones I have tried so far. That might just be because it was a little less sex focused and I can't seem to into gravure idols/modeling.
>>
>>1967207
It says something to this effect.

0-19% maybe if you fasten your goggles on tightly.
20-49% largely consist of just subtext. There's a character/s with yuri characteristics.
50-69% have yuri, but not as the main theme. Character/s with yuri characteristics make frequent appearances.
70-100% have yuri as the main theme and/or yuri couple/s make a number of appearances; there are many yuri depictions.

It's probably just whoever creates or subsequently edits the page that decides on the numbers for something.
>>
File: 人形遣い.png (274KB, 427x610px) Image search: [Google]
人形遣い.png
274KB, 427x610px
>>1967176
>Ningyo Tsukai
This is yuri. You even get a 「今夜は月が綺麗ですね」

>>1967205
not soon enough
>>
File: image.jpg (388KB, 1793x950px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 1793x950px
This was getting some discussion in the General since it's apparently getting an anime.

Has anyone read both volumes? Anything interesting to report story or relationship wise?
>>
>>1967474
To be clear, only these two are about gravure idols.
百合グラドル・優衣 禁断ガールズラブ
百合グラドル優衣&詩歩 密着ラブショット
>>
File: 5ac82bc37e01a0ce1e81e58ed834aeab.jpg (290KB, 1242x1749px) Image search: [Google]
5ac82bc37e01a0ce1e81e58ed834aeab.jpg
290KB, 1242x1749px
How could I have forgotten the Strike Witches novels? Suomus Misfits and the Noble Witches. This is just second-hand information but apparently in the Noble Witches novels Kunika lives up to Tomoko's legacy.
>>
>>1967508
>You mean the hardcore "stick up her ass NO FUN ALLOWED almost had sex with what she thought was a dude" legacy?
More like the "everyone wants a taste of her miso soup, if you know what I mean" legacy.

I also think I remember reading somewhere Fumikane means to finish Suomus Misfits, or maybe I just imagined that.
>>
File: 51Nz1yKr6zL.jpg (47KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
51Nz1yKr6zL.jpg
47KB, 352x500px
Magical Girl Raising Project apparently gets some canon yuri at some point, and it's the other /u/-relevant light novel getting an anime in the near future.

From what I've heard, it's quite dark. Like take Madoka and mix in some Battle Royale.
>>
File: qualidea code.jpg (105KB, 955x505px) Image search: [Google]
qualidea code.jpg
105KB, 955x505px
>>1967490
Maybe you already know, but
Hotaru, black hair, is the mc in the novel, she was undercover as a man to Stalker Maihime using the name Shino Akira, pink hair, Sino asks Maihime out. She's planning to ask her a question, to determine if there's a reason to kill Maihime as ordered, but the girls around Maihime asks Sino if that's a date. Sino thinks it's technically not a date, but thinking it's easier to leave it that way, Sino says yes. For all intents and purposes, Maihime treats it as a real date while Sino is being dense, Maihime discover her real gender in the bath and they star getting along
>>
>>1967519
Surely there's more to this in two whole volumes worth of story. What do the aliens they're fighting look like? Who ordered the stalking/murder?
>>
Newbie here~

>>1967205
Spectacular resource, bookmarked and will keep using quite often in the future.
I'm a beginner who's just going for easy to read stuff, ordered first volume of 聖クロス女学院物語 the other day (that sites lists it at 10%). But hopefully sooner or later I'll get to the point where I'll be able to read most of those.
I see 安達としまむら mentioned in /u/'s LNs threads regularly so I'd like tor ead that eventually.

Anything else that has relatively simple language that /u/ guys would recommend?

And if anybody has scans of anything they'd be greately appreciated.
>>
>>1967533
Mugino's copy pasting the summary of one particular chapter from the first volume I made in the general thread. Of course there are invasions and other shits like Maihime getting kidnapped going on in the first volume alone. I haven't gotten my hands on the second volume, so I can't tell.
>>
File: kyIEhgK.jpg (472KB, 861x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kyIEhgK.jpg
472KB, 861x1200px
>>1967517
Winterprison and Sister Nana (pic top right with untransformed) are legit dating. I don't think it was actually stated during the volume they appear in but it's mentioned in several of the side stories.

Some warnings though:
La Pucelle is Snow White's childhood friend but (s)he's a boy in real life. (pic) He dies about 3 chapters in though and Snow White has some yuri potential with Ripple throughout the later arcs.
Ripple is always annoyed with Top Speed who just doesn't leave her alone but they're a pretty good team. In real life, Top Speed is actually a pregnant 19yo former delinquent so if this counts or not may differ by person.
>>
>>1967781
If you mean >>1967517 then there isn't really a "main" couple because the story doesn't revolve around the yuri.

There's only really two possible (mostly subtext) pairings at this point and neither of them are in a good situation. The ending of the latest book (ACES) is a huge cliffhanger and it's impossible to guess what might happen to them.
>>
>>1967555
AdaShima was my first reading material when I was at ~4500 words. I'd recommend reading web novel for starters because you'd be able to look up words more conveniently.

>if anybody has scans of anything
There are quite a while at raw manga sites. Off the top of my head AdaShima 3 volumes, Karma scaned completely, first volume of Nina and Rabbits, some nijigen dream titles and that one with Kurogane Kenn illustrations.
>>
File: 069.jpg (839KB, 2301x1697px) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
839KB, 2301x1697px
>>1967555
I have scans of AdaShima 4 and 5 if you don't mind shitty scanner quality.
>>
>>1967176
Is there any SAO similar but yuri?
>>
>>1968065
Yeah, tons on syosetu. Just search the right tag.
>>
>>1967919
It'd be pretty cool if we could just gather all the scans and whatnot and make one big torrent with everything, so that others wouldn't have to spend hours upon hours looking for one single novel. I'd be willing to look for and gather the files myself but it feels like a time consuming task and I just won't have the time for that this month or next. I should be more free in March so I'll think about it seriously then.
>>1968017
Well, personally I don't need them right now, seeing as how I haven't even read vol 1 but it could be useful for what I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>1968103
What kind of site is syosetu?
>>
>>1968141
Users write whatever they want kind of site. It might be close to pixiv's novel section.
http://yomou.syosetu.com/
>>
>>1968113
>It'd be pretty cool if we could just gather all the scans
To start it off
Karma (completed):
https://jii.moe/E1jeoqxte.rar
https://jii.moe/VkbueseKl.rar
https://jii.moe/N1eVMjgFx.rar
https://jii.moe/V1yZ4ieYe.rar
https://jii.moe/V1zhSolte.rar
https://jii.moe/N1z1KolKe.rar
https://jii.moe/E1RyFogKg.rar
https://jii.moe/EkLBk5lte.rar

384,403km - Anata wo Tsuki ni Sarattara (the one with Kurogane Kenn as illustrator):
https://jii.moe/VkCR2olKe.zip

Nina to Usagi to Mahou no Sessha v1:
https://jii.moe/NkMzl3eKe.rar
>>
Are there actually any fully or near fully translated LN that features canon couples
>>
>>1968243
Strawberry Panic? Horizon?
Kanstoppu gets translated and Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni has pretty big chances to get translations maybe Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku as well.
>>
I can't into moonrunes can someone tell me what are nips saying about the Itsuka Sekai LN
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/77645
>>
>>1968214
>Nina to Usagi to Mahou no Sessha v1:
It looks like the first line of pgs 21, 141, and 378 has been cut off in the scan.
>>
File: 0143.jpg (188KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0143.jpg
188KB, 768x1024px
>>1968932
Is there any way to rip digital copies of the texts? Would probably be more efficient than scanning
>>
File: CZN3PvUWcAAbFd4.jpg (49KB, 240x1196px) Image search: [Google]
CZN3PvUWcAAbFd4.jpg
49KB, 240x1196px
>>1968920
女子主人公ラノベ、ひいては百合ラノベが少ない理由が「いつか世界を救うために」(橘公司)2巻の後書きで言及されてました。 「基本的に売れづらくなるため担当編集から余程の理由がない限り書いちゃ駄目と言われている」

In the postscript of volume 2 of Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni, the author sheds some light on the reasons why there are so few light novels with female protagonists and conversely with yuri.

"Basically such LNs don't sell much, so editors tell authors to not write like that unless they have very good reasons."
>>
Wait, so the MC from Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni was Hotaru all along.? Akira was a fake identity she was using?

I need a confirmation here, please.
>>
>>1968962
This is sad, but true.
>>
>>1968962
Not surprising since everyone knew that already, but I'm glad that finally someone came out and said it.
I think the author was really brave to introduce a reverse trap and troll the whole audience like that.
>>
>>1968976
Only one out of five of the Amazon reviewer seems to be butthurt about being trolled. So far.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/review/4040706129/R2P2YYX8VMR6TJ/ref=cm_cr_dp_aw_rvw_3?ie=UTF8&cursor=3
>>
>>1968932
I'm not the one who scaned it, sorry.

>>1968933
You can buy from Amazon and remove DRM or buy somewhere else and make a bunch of screenshots.
>>
Looks like I'll be buying the two volumes of いつか世界を救うために next time I go to Akiba.

It seems very interesting, I don't even mind knowing the twist.
>>
>>1969065
Well, the twist is the reason why you're buying it in the first place, right?
>>
>>1969072
I'm actually can of both yuri and abominable evil hetshit. Please hide me, sister.

But yeah, otherwise it would be just another random LN series in my eyes.
>>
>>1969075
Nah, I don't mind het, I just assumed that you wanted to read it because the story took a /u/-turn, and y'know, this is the yuri LN thread and all, so the spoiler was actually an incentive to read it.
>>
>>1967517
>Magical Girl Raising Project

There hasn't been new info since it was announced
>>
File: characters.jpg (51KB, 491x382px) Image search: [Google]
characters.jpg
51KB, 491x382px
So, name of all this character
>>
Finally got a chance to read the second volume of Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni. You really should avoid spoilers if you are going to read it.

At any rate, there's nothing super important to report that isn't on wikipedia. In summary,
-Shino is the real Hotaru.
-The fake Hotaru is actually another friend of both Maihime and Hotaru, Marika.
-Marika used her powers to alter Hotaru's memories and orchestrated the whole assassination attempt because she wanted Hotaru to herself.
-Hotaru and Maihime defeat Marika and decide to stay in Kanagawa together.
>>
> Itsuka Sekai wo Sukuu Tame ni
Any of /u/ onee-samas willing to translate it for us?
>>
>>1969127

How can they all be friends and not recognize each other.
>>
>>1969153
There's a guy who said he will translate all the Qualidea LNs, including this one.

https://qualideascumthetranslation.wordpress.com
>>
>>1969166
-It's been 10 years since they last met.
-Maihime doesn't recognize Shino as Hotaru because she thinks Shino is a boy and their names are different. When she realizes Shino is a girl, she does recognize her. However, Shino doesn't remember her and still has a different name, so she assumes it was just a coincidence.
-Hotaru doesn't recognize the other two because Marika messed with her memories.
-Obviously, Marika recognizes the other two and avoids contact with Maihime until the very end.
>>
>>1969183

The prologue to the Itsuka LN got translated and it's kind bland. Not that I don't appreciate the effort, but the story, especially the translated version, is just nothing special without the visuals, the knowledge that Shino is a grill and that the anime is coming out.
>>
>>1969187
>The prologue to the Itsuka LN got translated
Can you post a link, please? I can't find it.
>>
>>1969187
>>1969188
Never mind, I found it.
>>
>>1969153
>translate a whole light novel

I can't imagine why someone would do this unless they were getting paid or that particularly novel was really important to them for some reason. It's not like asking someone to translate a doujin.
>>
File: 51LwCJNIApL.jpg (45KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
51LwCJNIApL.jpg
45KB, 300x433px
Has anyone read 君が僕を? Is there anything that is going to help me get over the fact the main character has a daughter?
>>
File: 91e7f91.jpg (121KB, 590x441px) Image search: [Google]
91e7f91.jpg
121KB, 590x441px
>>1969543
I actually have the opposite feeling about this.

For someone who can already read Light Novels, it should be a much simpler job compared to the different types of tasks you'd need to scanalate a doujin or manga chapter.

It's one man or woman sitting down and translating middle - high school reading material and typing them into a Word file. For us dirty immigrants, are you really telling me you can't translate 1984 or The Giver back and forth between English and your native Language is?

If it's someone still trying to learn, then yea, it's quite the monumental task.
>>
>>1969626
And here is a photo that shows the entirety of that Maihime picture. For a story supposedly about defending against alien invaders, most of what we know and seen so far seems to be people fighting people. She looks like she's just beating up some normies.
>>
>>1969626
>middle - high school reading material
I wish this meme would die out already, along with people who think reading and translating is the same.
>>
>>1969637

High school level reading is actually pretty advanced in most developed countries. You think the average adventure and romance novels you can pick up over the counter are really on another level?
>>
>>1969645
>High school level reading is actually pretty advanced
That's what I'm talking about. There's no difference in writing style between books "for mature people" and high-schoolers. The only one being amounts of furigana.
>>
>>1969626
You need to understand a few things:

Learning another language is a skill. It's something anyone could do if they have the motivation, and the time to go through it.

Translating? That is an art. You need a clear understanding of the source culture as well as the target one.

That's the reason why so many "fan translations" are shitty. They see a term in Japanese and decide that "it doesn't have a direct translation to English", leave it in Japanese, and then add a "translation note" to explain it. If you, as a translator, have to leave a term in a foreign lenguaje in your text, you're a failure.

I'm not saying that all the people that actually go through the hassle of translating something for other people (that don't have the time and/or the motivation to learn Japanese) should quit or something. I'm just stating how things are.
>>
>>1969684
Onigiri, for example, should be translated as doughnut.
>>
>>1969684
>Translating? That is an art

Translating on the fly for the UN assembly is an art.

Translating timeless classics to be used in countless school systems is an art.

Translating a chapter of a short story, originally written for the Japanese adolescent audience, about a brainwashed girl in a boy's uniform creeping on another girl, for a Western audience that has never had high standard and expectation? I'm thinking it's maybe a step below "art'.

But what we just talked about has nothing to do with this topic anyway.
>>
>>1969686
>Onigiri, for example, should be translated as doughnut

Oh, so you weren't even being serious
>>
>>1969688
There's still a matter of writing a translation that isn't lifeless and painfully dull to read. You'll need to at least have some writing ability on top of language skills to make it enjoyable for whoever is reading.

Unlike manga you don't have pictures to accompany the story and make up for lackluster imagery or stilted dialogues.
>>
>>1969649
>There's no difference in writing style between books "for mature people" and high-schoolers.
If you compare the average dengeki LN to actual novels, there is a pretty big difference in complexity of grammar and vocabulary.
>>
>>1969686
You could argue that "rice ball" is the correct translation, which conveys exactly what it is.

>>1969692
And this is why translation is an art.
>>
>>1969692
This is a moot discussion. You keep trying to bring up the philosophy of translating. That's a different topic altogether.

I was originally just talking about getting some chump to crank out a readable version of Itsuka so I can see what autistic antics Shino/Hotaru got up to.
>>
>>1969693
I've read some of Euphonium novels. No difference at all.
>>
>>1969700
There are exceptions, of course. But if you read a lot of novels and LNs, you'll start to see the difference.
>>
>>1969543
I was only hoping for someone who have time, interest and motivation like those who translate the infinite amounts harem light novels out there to share with us.
>>
>>1969684
Translator here.
I basically agree with what >>1969688 said
>Translating a chapter of a short story, originally written for the Japanese adolescent audience, about a brainwashed girl in a boy's uniform creeping on another girl, for a Western audience that has never had high standard and expectation? I'm thinking it's maybe a step below "art'.

Anime, manga, LNs, all of these are not exactly high art. You'll get some subpar translations but this isn't poetry. People don't read LNs because of their artistic value or their entertaining, skilled writing, they read them because they pander to the readers' interests.
So yes, as a representative of crappy translators I can tell you we do a poor job. I can also tell you that I'm fairly confident that if someone doesn't enjoy reading our translations they wouldn't enjoy them even if a highly skilled pro would have written them instead.

>>1969543
Hey, I'm not quite there language-wise but if I'll ever get good enough I'd like to translate one (just one though) VN. Something like Shirokoi or Flowers (realistically me getting good enough to translate it will only take a couple of years so surely I'll beat JAST to it).
If you think about it we have like 30+ vols of Marimite translated and sooner or later the entire series will be translated.
>>
>>1969809
>Translator here
>I'm not quite there language-wise
Huh?

>People don't read LNs because of their artistic value or their entertaining, skilled writing
I have kinda low standards so I do find writing in some LNs to be enjoyable.
>>
>>1969846
>Huh?
You can translate some easy-to-read stuff without perfect understanding of Japanese - who would've thought!
As is I can kinda read the VNs in question (with some help from Translation Aggregator) but translating them would be hard.
>>
>>1969867
Ah, you just wanted to show your e-peen, nevermind then.
>>
>>1969906
Yes, I'm waving my e-peen on an anonymous image board.
If you hadn't failed reading comprehension 101 you would've noticed I said:
>as a representative of crappy translators
>>
Purchased Nina and the Rabbits Vol 1-5. Scheduled to ship tomorrow, will probably be delivered sometimes last next week or the week after.

Planning to start scanning after it shows up but don't expect an upload anytime soon. Will probably put up better versions of the pages of Vol 1 that got cut off at any rate.

I'm JLPT 3 (at least before they changed the test) but that years ago and I've been out of practice and spoiled by subs. Will see how fast I can read it without constant reference and then think about translation.
>>
>>1970204
>vol 1-5
Why not all?
>>
>>1970330
The last three will be in my next order along with some other stuff I haven't decided on.
>>
>>1969603
I thought about buying it for a while now. Still wait for honto to give out 50% coupon. So you can ask me in a year.
Seeing as you already know about daughter you probably know everything about yuri in the novel. Personally, I like themes of never growing and want to challenge myself to that hard to understand pseudo philosophic writing. Also, I've read sex scene should be pretty good.
>>
>>1969603
Got a quick synopsis of this? Single mothers are an untapped oasis in yuri, and ever since Shininta and Mira did thier oneshots there's been a serious lack of MILF yuri.
>>
>>1969809
>I can also tell you that I'm fairly confident that if someone doesn't enjoy reading our translations they wouldn't enjoy them even if a highly skilled pro would have written them instead.
Oh dear. I bet you're the common sort of fan translator who has no real clue how crap you are and how much you're fucking up.
>>
>>1969809
>I can also tell you that I'm fairly confident that if someone doesn't enjoy reading our translations they wouldn't enjoy them even if a highly skilled pro would have written them instead.

If I have to stop for 10 seconds every fifth sentence just to figure out what the hell's even happening because the translation used the wrong phrase one time too many, that could cause me to get give up on a story I would otherwise enjoy. Likewise, if a translation didn't use the right phrases to emphasize a huge moment, that really dulls the impact. There's a huge difference between experiencing a full story and reading a summary. A bad translation basically makes a story feel like a summary, except it takes even longer to read and understand.
>>
>>1969809
The only real difference between art and trash is execution. There's only something like 7 original ideas in the world anyway.
>>
>>1971362
It's not really about a single mother, it's just told from the perspective of a mother looking back on her middle school days.

The first volume is about Tachibana Junko and her fascination with another girl who transfers into her class, Etou Mana. Mana acts as the town shopping district's "Megumare-san," essentially a mascot who receives all necessities as gifts and is not allowed to even touch money.
>>
>>1971562
If the story is a flashback and the MC has a kid in the present, that basically guarantees a bad end. Not sure if I'd like to spend my time on that.
>>
>>1972414
Which is why I was asking. I'm hoping there is something else to it, but don't really want to read 4 books for a bad end I won't even understand.
>>
Cung Khuynh - 宫倾: Anyone know were I can find the english translation from this chinese light novel? https://vongtinhgiang.wordpress.com/luu-ly/hoan/about/
>>
>>1972875
It's a romantic history between a girl and her mother in law.
>>
>>1972877
>>
>>1972878
>>
>>1972880
>>
>>1972883
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Well these showed up today. With any luck I'll have time to do some scanning later.
>>
>>1974348
Which of these actually have canon couples?
>>
>>1974350
Couldn't tell you without reading them, and that's going to take me a long-ass time without furigana. But I've heard there's plenty of canon yuri.

I've heard that Elsa and Kuu (Vol 4 cover) are canon. Dorthy, Kiki, and Sakura (Vol 5) are OT3. Nina and Alice (Vol 3) are also canon.

Apparently in Vol 5 a guy proposes to Sakura and they almost get married, but Dorthy and Kiki crash the wedding and kidnap her. Or so I've heard.
>>
>>1974348
>>1974365

What is this about again?
>>
File: 0213.jpg (194KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0213.jpg
194KB, 768x1024px
>>1974373
I think it's basically Girls und Panzer with magic and art by BUNBUN. Based on what I understand, the tanks are powered by the girls biting down on magic tablets.
>>
>>1974384
Hope it's good, I'm about to start reading vol 1.

AdaShima vol 1-5
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/f97fnwj62lsfl/安達としまむら_-_Adachi_to_Shimamura

inb4 vol 4 looks like shit.
>>
>>1975510
Thanks. I have them in dead tree format but reading in digital is more comfortable for me.
I should reread it before 6th volume comes out because I could barely remember events referenced in 5th volume.
>>
File: 055.png (750KB, 2000x1475px) Image search: [Google]
055.png
750KB, 2000x1475px
>>1975510
>>
File: 056.png (870KB, 2000x1475px) Image search: [Google]
056.png
870KB, 2000x1475px
>>1976062
>>
File: 057.png (844KB, 2000x1475px) Image search: [Google]
057.png
844KB, 2000x1475px
>>1976065
>>
>>1976062
>>1976065
>>1976066
>めんどくさいなぁ
>>
>>1976072
Best part. Based Shima-chan.
>>
File: IMG_20160207_0001.jpg (327KB, 1000x1470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_0001.jpg
327KB, 1000x1470px
Was flipping through Nina and the Rabbits Vol 4 and saw something that could be relevant to /u/r interests.

Also finally got my scanner set up so I should be getting some work done on that front.
>>
>>1978582
For a moment I thought this was YuYuYu.
>>
>>1978619
>I hear one of the girls was going to marry a dude.
It doesn't happen.
It was Sakura, the maid, who was going to get married. Not 100% clear on the details but wedding gets crashed when Dorothy and Kiki show up in a tank and claim her.
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/gurimoe/e/56487a93fa1208029827e9c3782b68a3
>>
>>1978582

I thought this was NoWaYu
>>
>>1978582
Is it an actual kiss or is it excuse based like cpr, mana transfer, etc?
>>
>>1978680
Actual yuri should start in 7th volume, so probably? It's not just subtext if that's what you meant.
>>
>>1978904
>7 volumes for relationship development

eh
>>
>>1978916
I think you wouldn't be able to see even that if author just didin't say fuck you to editor, who wanted to end it, and at least made it explicit. Those are just rumors though.
>>
Huh, I didn't know that there was a thread about LN/WN /u/ material. You learn something new everyday.
>>
I still think Uzuki Ryuunosuke's non-commercial works are more interesting than what I read of Nina and the Rabbits. Particularly this series.
http://www.pixiv.net/series.php?id=65886

That said, if there is actual yuri in the last couple volumes of Nina, I guess I should grind through them.
>>
>>1967517
>>1967519
The character designs for both of these are pretty great. Do we have any idea when the respective anime are coming out?
>>
>>1979570
For MSRP, this is from the 2ch thread.
>魔法少女育成計画
>Planned for July 2016
>Original Work - Endou Asari
>Director - Iwanaga Akira
>Series composer/Scriptwriter -Suzuki Masashi
>Character Design - Akiyama Yukiko
>Production -Pierrot Plus
>Production - 魔法少女育成計画
>>
>>1979570

Qualidea has an event in late March, so possible airing in summer (july) or fall (oct)
>>
>>1979600
>>1979664
So July, hopefully? That's kinda nice.
>>
File: 005.jpg (356KB, 992x1200px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
356KB, 992x1200px
>>1968113
Okay folks, let's get this thing going!
I'll gather the scans we have and then I'll make a batch torrent at the end of the month. I'll try to update it with new scans when necessary.

It looks like so far we've got:
- 8 vols (complete) of 蒼穹のカルマ >>1968214
- 384,403km あなたを月にさらったら (1 vol, complete) >>1968214
- 1 vol of ニーナとうさぎと魔法の戦車 (with a couple of missing lines) >>1968214, with more to come later possibly
- 5 vols of 安達としまむら (ongoing) >>1975510
- 3 vols of 魔女は月出づるところに眠る (complete)

Did I miss anything?
It's relatively easy to find Marimite scans but I don't think I'll add them to the torrent, unless there'll be some demand for it. Precisely because they're fairly easy to find. Feels kinda pointless.
>>
>>1982679
Yuriiro Gakuenryou, Amai Yubisaki, Amagami Emmental, 2 volumes of Magical Death Game last time I looked up, might want to add Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku as well. Those are relatively easy to find.
Maybe there's something good on share/PD. If anyone could look it up, would be great.
>>
File: 71loBcHYmOL.jpg (184KB, 698x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71loBcHYmOL.jpg
184KB, 698x1000px
I see this from time to time in the 2ch thread. Anyone read this?
>>
>>1969153
Frog-kun will translate all the Qualida Code novels, he translated the first six of the Oregairu novels.

Hell, if Watarin's 'Girlish Number' novel have any /u/, Frog-kun may translate that too.
>>
>>1969637
Light novels are the equivalent to young adult novels.
>>
>>1969700
>No difference at all
M8. That's because Sound! Euphonium fit within the demographic as light novels - it's a young adult novel.
>>
>>1985726
At what pace though? I don't wanna bring up the translation argument from before.

But if this Frogger is any fluent, he shouldn't be taking too long to do a solo text translation project.
>>
>>1985743
>At what pace though?
Frog-kun leisurely translates the light novels he work on, the last update for Qualidea Code was on the 23rd of Janurary; he likely will release the next chapters in bulk. It's about patient with him.

And moreover, as an aside: 'Girlish Number' is getting an anime adaptation, so I am sure Frog-kun won't luck out of the opportunity to translate the novel.
>>
>>1985732
>Light novels are the equivalent to young adult novels.
Not exactly. Light novels mainly target the anime otaku demographic, so they have a lot of the same typical anime tropes. Young adult novels target a young audience in general.
>>
https://twitter.com/WALLLESS_LILY/status/701954194043895808

This looks promising. Can anyone comment on the amount of yuri it has?
>>
>>1991106
All I know is that it got cancelled. As for amounts of yuri read through the link in second post.
>>
>>1991110
Thanks, I looked through this thread but I didn't know that there was a page with so much information now.
Seems like it didn't have much, too bad it got cancelled though.
>>
>>1991110
d/a Which second post? I can't read jp and just plan to use Google.
>>
Adachi to Shimamura is getting a manga version.

http://irumahitoma.jp/news/index.html
>>
Anyone has バニラ ― A sweet partner? It's an LN by the author of Ben-tou. Google only gives me dead links. Share has it but due to NAT I can't access it. Can anyone help?
>>
>>1994861
Found a link and reuploaded
http://www.mediafire.com/?p3jk1hhq364jkpf
>>
>>1994997
Bless you, kind anon.
>>
>>1982679
Welp! That didn't quite work out as planned. I wanted to get the torrent up today originally but I've been busy with the Cup and had some private stuff to worry about as well. I'd like to get it up by 13th and I think I'll manage to get it done this time.

>>1994861
>>1994997
I'm not sure if we have this yet but if not I'll add it!
>>
>>1995235
First time I've heard it so we probably don't.
>>
>>1986885
>Young adult novels target a young audience in general
Right. Because novelists like John Green doesn't recycle his boy meet manic pixie dream girl trope and engage in shenanigans.

YA is the same as LN in more ways then one.
>>
>>1992719
That's phenomenal news.

Sure wish the light novel translation weren't in perpetual Purgatory, however.
>>
>>1996333
Who's translating?
>>
>>1992719
Nina and the Rabbits also had a manga adaption but it was only three volumes to the novel's eight, so either it got canceled or had its own original ending.
>>
>>1986885
>>1996332
This isn't even getting into the banal "girl meets boy" plot, or the dreaded love triangle.
>>
>>1996495
It's probably just promotion stuff. Young Gun Carnaval only has 5 for 12 volumes. And that only covers half of the 1st volume.
>>
Could anyone check how or is actually yuri this is http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1323p/
Called Suwajiku Princess Story. MtF reincarnation.
>>
>>1997903
>MtF
Not yuri. No need to check.
>>
From what I know, the maid would be the gay one. I got somewhere that the <replaced> princess is violent. So I got interested in where this is going.
Has 2 doujins http://www.doujinshi.org/search/simple/?T=objects&sn=スワジク姫物語+
>>
So if I wrote an actual LN, standard 50,000 words format with 3-5 front color pages and 6-10 page-size illustrations throughout the volume, would telling people about that belong in here or the original fiction thread?
>>
>>1998853
Discussion probably there, but put a link here for anyone that might be interested.
>>
>>1998872
The script is finished but the art is still in production, so I can't link anything publicly just yet.

I have a pixiv link for the artist though. I have some history as a yuri writer from fanfics, so I could link that too if that's acceptable.

If all things go according to plan, it will be in print in May and then hit online shops a little later.
>>
>>1998873
Oh cool. Is it western or eastern (/u/) writing style?
I'd say post a link when it's near completion but... Hype away!
>>
>>1998904
I am not sure what you're referring to with western or eastern style actually

The main character is, as usual for my work, very, very lesbian. The LN will not contain outright porn though, suggestive material is okay however, so I will be going that route if we sell enough to make a volume 2

The setting goes like this:
A large continent that spans the entire western hemisphere is ruled by a single empire.This civilization treats names as something extremely intimate and precious and you generally reveal your name only to those you trust. But among these people are those with "true names" which grant them superhuman abilities, ranging from shaping cloth in their hand with their will to summoning an armada of 1000 dragons from nothing.

Our protagonist, Scarlet, is a true name holder as well, and a villain that sets out on a selfish journey to end the empire for no reason other than bring down civilization. Letting the gods and the empire do as they please will have humanity forever stagnate as scientific progress of any meaningful type just does not happen because everyone relies sorely on the true names holders, the carriers.

I am exceedingly bad at these short summaries and stuff, so I am sure I'll find some better way to summarize things.

There are lots of intricate details to the setting and the plot but the gist is that the protagonist is by definition not a hero or anti-hero but literally a villain that will steal, not fight fair and do whatever it takes.
>>
>>1998911
Hmmm, sounds like it could be interesting. However, there's always the danger with villainous protagonists that the audience simply gets bored with the story because they're unable to empathize with the protag and thus don't get emotionally invested in what's going on. I dunno how good a writer you are, but I do hope you have something more compelling than 'running around doing random evil shit' in mind for her characterization.
>>
>>1998911
>writing style
I'm bad at explaining stuff but they've got their differences/quirks.

The setting isn't new but if your reputation precedes you then your story should be interesting.
>>
Does anyone know if we ever get Malga/Margot's backstory in Horizon?

The most the anime ever covered is Malga has issues with her dad, I think
>>
>>1998911
Villainous protagonist could be interesting but at the same time difficult. Take Song of Ice and Fire for example, plently of characters you would write off as villains but once you get to see things from their perspective they become deeper. Not good per se but at least you can understand them better and try to relate to them.

Not even saying you have to be George R R Martin, hell Kuroko Koumori is by no means a hero or even a good person but she has charisma to spare.

Since you already have the story done might gauge reader response and then decide how to proceed if you have plans on continuing.
>>
>>1998853
It belongs in >>1938982
>>
>>1999026
I remember reading on /u/ that how they got together was covered in the LNs (and that they didn't like each other at first).
>>
>>1999093
That's on the wiki too but we don't know why they didn't like each other as roommates and what happened on Malga's birthday that they ended up dating afterwards
>>
>>1998917
>>1999081
The first volume covers pretty well why she calls herself a villain and is, in general, also by definition one. That doesn't mean she's just plain evil.

I had two people read the script so far and both said that the protagonist is a fun character. Both are the type that would not empathize with a psychopath of any kind.

I can't really explain it too well without spoiling parts of the volume.

The most evil thing she does in volume 1 is overkill some slave dealers and steal from a rich person

>>1998922
I have a fanfiction profile I could link to give you an idea but a commercial work is obviously a few steps up from the quality of those.

>>1999084
It's still a light novel though. I specifically asked people that buy LNs about their technical make-up and followed that as closely as humanly possible.
>>
>>1999196
>It's still a light novel though
I remember when yuri game threads were filled with discussion about Japanese VNs but now it's like 80% western games discussion. There are two threads dedicated to western writefags, please, go there to shill your LN.
/blogshit
>>
>>1969603
I've read the series, but it was years ago so I don't really remember details. I just remember that I didn't like it very much (I did enjoy Nakazato's other novels). I never really felt like I understood what the author was trying to say with any of the characters' behavior. I wouldn't recommend.
>>
File: 51b8UOqSTRL.jpg (57KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
51b8UOqSTRL.jpg
57KB, 339x500px
Servant Girl. Its more like SF, but with lesbian characater, so its good. IMHO.
>>
>>2000561
>like SF
Like what now?
>>
>>2000574
>IMHO

Maybe they mean science fiction 'cause it has androids and shit.
>>
>>2000561
What's the plot? Who're the author and artist?
>>
>>2000590
What a lazy ass. All you have to know is that it's untranslated.
>>
>>2000590
An unknown life-machine, called Machina, come from other dimension, looking for 'master'. Shizuka, the protagonist got one by accident. The goverment has already keep some of Machinas, and try to capture this one, too. But Shizuka won't let Aria (her Machina) go.
They god good ending. Thats all I know for now
>>
>>1972875
The translator translated it directly from Chinese to Vietnamese, so there is slim to none chance of it having any English translation.

I don't normally read yuri in Vietnamese, but this looks legitly cute from a first glance.
>>
>>2000561
It would probably be more fair to classify the main character as bisexual.

In general, I was not too impressed by it. It was mostly pointless battling, so I couldn't take it seriously as a SF novel. There was also too much involvement between the main character and a couple of obnoxious male characters for me to take it seriously as a yuri novel.

That said, it does end with the pair on the cover together, though it is left kind of open.
>>
>>2000881
Novels under YH label are truly the worst out there.
>>
>>2000884
It was published by Ichijinsha, but not under the YH label as far as I can tell.
>>
>>2000881

Involvement as in what, romantic development or just being friends/working together
>>
>>2001816
Romantic, but they never actually get together or anything. It's just there enough to bother me. Other comments I've read about the book were more positive, so I might just be overly sensitive.
>>
>>1982679
Please do include Marimite if you can. Being easy to find elsewhere aside, it's good to try to be complete if we're making a "Yuri LN collection" anyway. Newfags who had never heard about that classic would benefit from it.
>>
>>2002234
>Marimite
>yuri
It's not justified to put all 30 volumes for 5 pages of Sei's romance.

>Newfags who had never heard about that classic
People like this don't exist. If they type yuri in google they'd get Marimite within the first 5 results.
>>
>>2002274
No matter how butthurt you are, the fact remained that Marimite converted a really big bulk of people into yurifags, and not just because of the bit about Sei.

Exclusive attutude like this is not going to help build a bigger community. Why bother making a torrent collection then when people who is interested in yuri LN can just google every title they see from a dedicated Jap blogs?

Exposure is the key.
>>
>>2002283
Don't you think people might get upset reading some of the LNs you want to include in hopes of yuri and never finding any.

>Why bother making a torrent collection
I'd prefer pastebin with links. It will be more useful than torrent because you'd still have to google what are you in for with torrents.
>>
>>2002288
Frankly? No. Seeing how Marimite is well regarded by the majority of yurifags and has canon lesbians, which is already better than some of the shit currently listed in this thread, and in the "yuri" LN market in general. It is an outliner among the class S titles.

Again, take your prejudice elsewhere. If a LN is /u/ relevant, we include it.
>>
>>2000884
I'm pretty sure most people haven't read the novels that were published under the YH label. I haven't seen anyone talk about Utakai, Amai Yubisaki or Hikaru Sekai at least. I read Note yori Yasui Koi and talked a bit about it, and I certainly wouldn't rank it among the worst yuri LNs I've read.
>>
>>1995235
Okay, the plan hasn't really changed so far; I'd like to make a torrent this week so time for an update.

For now we have these >>1982679, Vanilla - a sweet partner (>>1994997), Yuriiro Gakuenryou Koibito wa Roommate, Amagami Emmental, I'll try to dig for some other stuff from >>1982776 later.

>>2002234
Will try to do just that.
As for people who do not wish to see Marimite there you can just you know, uncheck Marimite and not download it.

>>2002288
>I'd prefer pastebin with links. It will be more useful than torrent because you'd still have to google what are you in for with torrents.
Wouldn't you have to do just that with pastebin links anyway?
Unless you meant a link + description format, in which case there's no real reason why we couldn't make a pastebin with descriptions anyway or even include a .txt file in the torrent itself. Provided somebody is willing to write that.
The problem with DDLs is that they'll get removed sooner or later most likely. What makes looking for yuri LNs a true nightmare is that tons of stuff is actually scanned but it's DEAD. LINKS. EVERYWHERE. That's why I wanted to make one big collection, so that people will have everything in one place and won't have to go nuts looking for a non dead download link.
>>
I wish people would share more of digitally released LNs, 南部くまこ works in particular. Please ;_;
>>
>>2002283
Exposure to what

People who can read LN are a very tiny minority on /u/ and LN translation projects are awfully inconsistent compared to even most manga ones
>>
>>2004963
>inconsistent
You mean inexistent.
>>
>>2004963
>>2004968
Ironically enough ~31 out of 37 vols of Marimite are translated and the translation still progresses at a steady (slow but steady) pace.
>>
So, I remember an anon posted something about compiling all the novels posted here in a torrent or something. What happened with that?
>>
>>2005157
Seriously? >>2004626 just posted about this hours ago.
>>
Adachi to Shimamura 6 is out on 5/10

http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-865946-8/

「しまむら、遊ぼう!」「え、無理無理。お盆は祖父ちゃんたちの家に行くから」「そうなんだ……」「帰ったら電話するから」「待ってる」安達のしまむらへの想い、最高潮に。
>>
>>2005247
Between this and Flowers I have reason to live through May at least.
>>
File: 9.png (178KB, 313x256px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
178KB, 313x256px
>>2004626
Me again.
Here's a piratepad with what we've gathered so far: http://piratepad.net/4JAAWzhj1V
Feel free to add anything. You can also add 'I'm 100% sure this is scanlated but I don't have a download link' novels and we'll try to look for them later.
v1 of the torrent should be up tomorrow. We plan to update it periodically.
>>
>>2007025
Too sleepy. I'll try to look for more tom. I could download them and provide alternative ddl.
>>
>>2007025
The torrent is now up.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=793447
We plan up to update it periodically - once or twice a month depending on how popular it'll be - so please feel free to post new stuff either here or in the piratepad.
>>
Are there no generic fantasy (harem) LNs which feature lesbians as MCs?
Something along the lines of
>something happens
>suddenly AU
or even something similar to shit fart online is what I'm looking for.
Preferably more than one volume too.

I know that there is a shit ton of that stuff with male MCs, but I've checked the wiki and couldn't find anything close to what I'm looking for.
>>
>>2009549
Write one.

I would read it.
>>
>>2009549
>no generic fantasy (harem) LNs
>something similar to shit fart online
Does not compute.
>>
>>2009626
Obviously, because your reading comprehension is shit.
>>
>>2009629
My bad, didn't think someone would want generic haremshit.
>>
>>2009549
I think Kill-Steal-Grow fits that description maybe. I also think there's a significantly larger number of yuri web novels than light novels, and those probably get even less attention than light novels, since they probably depend a lot more on word of mouth.
>>
>>2009637
>Manowa
It doesn't even have yuri tag.
>>
>>2009632
Not the anon who requested, but I also want a generic yuri haremshit from time to time. Pretty sure we're not the minority on /u/ or yuri community in general.
>>
File: Yoru Hime.jpg (71KB, 352x499px) Image search: [Google]
Yoru Hime.jpg
71KB, 352x499px
>>2009549
夜姫と亡国の六姫士 is about a female heir to the throne who fights to rebulid her kingdom and create her own harem while she's at it. I'd call her a knight except it wouldn't make sense because she's a princess/queen. Either way she's a swords(wo)man apparently. It's supposed to be high fantasy but I can neither confirm nor deny that as I haven't read it. I obviouly can't comment on whether it's any good. Net reviews are pretty lukewarm. At least vol I was supposedly scanned but I didn't find anything when I was looking for it.
>>
File: 11.jpg (220KB, 1039x411px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
220KB, 1039x411px
>>2009701
>>
File: -e1377769382769.jpg (213KB, 1178x435px) Image search: [Google]
-e1377769382769.jpg
213KB, 1178x435px
>>2009821
>>
>>2009822
The characters look nice at least.
I'm interested in what kind of "lukewarm" reviews there are. Are they from LN fans who aren't happy that yuri is infringing on their territory, yuri fans who don't like harem, or is it just not well-written? Because the last one has never stopped light novels from being popular.
>>
>>2009846
Seems to be poorly written. You can try translating some user reviews from honto/amazon yourself, machine translations are good enough to grasp the gist of things nowadays.
From wghat I gather vol 1 seems to drag and it's just like a really long prologue. Vol 4 on the other hand - it's 4 vols long - seems to end abruptly.

>>2009821
>>2009822
Those 6 are the MC's harem.
>>
Wonder why not a lot of people like to translate yuri? I mean even those guys have to be very tired of dense male harem protagonists in every LN ever right?
>>
>>2010114
They aren't tired of them.
They don't think about the characters as characters but merely a projection of themselves.
And that's why they can't stand yuri.
>>
>>2010114

Don't underestimate the mentality of true otakus.
>>
>>2010116
>>2010169
These two summed it up. Remember that the most popular series there feature overpowered effortless perverts.
>>
>>2010289
>there
Do you pretend that these fags >>2009549
>>2009691 don't exist?
>>
I seem to remember reading somewhere that harem light novels aren't even really as popular as one would think. The market is oversaturated with them, and some of them are unashamed ripoffs of each other (ex: Cavalry and Asterisk, which both even had anime air inebthe same season).

And in some cases, based on some of the things I've been reading, it actually seems that publishers ask writers to make harem stories, presumably to appeal to a wide audience. Apparently the author of Itsuka Sekai wrote at the end of Vol 2 that they're taking a pretty big risk in going against the formula.
>>
>>2010292
Yuri harems are different. They also are nonexistent.
>>
>>2010292
Het harem are saturated. The fact that het haremfags aren't tired of them despite the huge quantity of titles out there clearly spells how uncreative and pathetic they are.

Yuri harem on the other hand is almost nonexistent. Such an exotic item of course would spark interest in people who just want to see VARIETY, something different, for once.

Equating the two is seriously retarded. It's like telling people not to go look for generic yuri romantic comedy because there're already a bunch of generic het romantic comedy.
>>
>>2010308
I think there's still a certain expectation even in the yuri fandom itself. For instance, based on Amazon reviews Tachibanakan had a lackluster reception at first, though it seems readers have been gradually warming up to it.
>>
>>2010316
Van't speak for everyone but I don't bother trying out Tachibanakan because I don't like the design of the MC. Not feminine enough for me.
>>
>>2010321
Don't think Hanabi is any less feminine than the average yuri protag. I think it has more to do with the number of times her face is shoved into a pair of breasts or between someone's legs and how we've conditioned ourselves to react to that.
>>
>>2010327
I'm not here to argue about something that is so clearly personal. A character not being a hardstone butch is not enough for me. She just doesn't look like what I'd expect from a femMC, and that lost my interest.

A female character can have the most masculine personality/mannerism for all I care, as long as she's a pretty girl, I'd be interested right away.
>>
>>2010335
Well, om basing that off anecdotal evidence. Supposedly Maid Dragon was supposed to be a het story. I also read that Kokohanatei Kitan was going I be renewed by a publisher on the condition it was remade into a het harem series.

I'm guessing think that there will at least be an audience for harem, but a point has been made that no one actually knows what the audience is for yuri. As we've actually established in this very thread different people want different things out of yuri
>>
To throw another piece of evidence towards the claim that yuri just doesn't sell, the editorial department producing the books in >>1967462 recently noted the sales of their yuri books aren't doing that great.

http://ktcom.blog56.fc2.com/blog-entry-2600.html
>>
>>2010394
It probably doesn't sell as well to the same audience for the same reasons.
>>
>>2010335
>clueless about the real world

Anon, I hate to break this to you, but Publishers largely do not realize this. Or care.

Have you looked outside even once in your life? Publishers usually push the same shit until it really, really, really doesn't sell.
>>
It has to be a combination of writers and publishers seeing the current trends and wanting to cash in on it.

Look at the state of English young adult fiction (closest comparison to light novels I can think of) after the success of Twilight. All whiny female protagonists getting pulled around by supernatural make love interests.
>>
>>2010431
Then they all started copying Hunger Games.
>>
>>2010441
Funny, since Hunger Games already is a copy of Battle Royale minus the bullshit romance.
>>
>>2010426
I'm betting the main reason yuri-themes works don't sell is because it's not perverted enough for the market. Japan's used to nonthreatening subtext yuri used for humor and don't understand lesbian porn, so they settle for self-inserting as a below-average guy with common sense who all the girls are willing to have sex with. Key point being the mc is always on top.

I don't get what Mikagura Gakuen was shooting for, having a yuri protagonist and borderline BL supporting cast, but Valkyrie Drive would probably sell well enough as a ln. The ln covers above don't look like they feature perverted hijinks and they'd probably do better in sales if the mc needed to cram her entire fist into another girl's mouth for a transformation power up.

So if any of you Japanese tourists are looking here for advice on writing yuri light novels, try making a well-written and tightly plotted story or some absurdly perverted action series or starting a breakout self-insert niche series for guys who want to have sex as a woman, making yuri protagonists easier to swallow.
>>
>>2010447
Love triangles are to YA what harems are to LN's. Even if a YA book doesn't have a love triangle it will still have a heterosexual romance.

Really, the problems between the two are so similar as to be uncanny.
>>
>>2010740
Or do what a lot of web novels seem to do and have a male MC die at the beginning of story and reincarnate as female in a fantasy world. You get s female protag without losing that precious relatablity
>>
>>2010691
>guys who want to have sex as a woman
As in, have the reader fancy themselves a woman being pleasured in contrast to all the usual mcs who can only get other girls off. This alone would double the number of potential pseudo-sex scenes.
>>
>>2010764
Not yuri.
>>
>>2010789
Meh. I will think of it as yuri IF the guy is someone who wants to be a woman but fears discrimination IRL, so he plays a girl character in an MMO. Another girl falls in love with with his character, thinking he's a girl. When he revealed his true gender and identity crisis, she settled for being his friend because she's not into dudes. The bulk of the story (adventure + romance) happens in the MMO world. Finally, the girl encourages him to undergo transition surgery to become who he really is and they date.

Not everyone on /u/ will care about trans in their yuri. I don't normally either, but if this is written exceptionally well, I would read/watch it.
>>
>>2010811
>>2010793
Maybe /u/ rejects genderbending since it throws in a "catch" and cheapens the theme of a girl liking another girl.
>>
>>2010811
Even though I don't always agree with the extremists who think trans is not yuri, I can see where they come from: in all the instances that had caused a shitstorm on /u/, the "trans" in question either:

1) Does not identify as a girl. A.k.a. not a real trans, but is just forced to stuck in a female body.

2) Never acquire a full female body despite identifying as a girl.

3) Identify as a girl and is a girl, but has a male ghost possessed her/male split personality in her.

4) A bonafide post-surgery MtF who doesn't look feminine enough.

Frankly, I don't think /u/ will have any issue with a character that was born a male, as long as she become a female both in body and soul and look decently feminine.
>>
>>2010826
Nah, I wouldn't care for that either, and I know others have said the same.

My position has always been that I'm not going to bother arguing about whether genderbender of that sort is yuri or not, but I'm not interested in reading it because it's a story about a person who was born a male and becomes a girl and deals with all that entails. I'd rather read about stories about girls who realize that they like girls.
>>
>>2010831
No, I'm not talking about a series where transgender is the focus topic. I simply state that /u/ will not make a fuss "this is not yuri" if the trans in question doesn't commit any of those 4 mistakes.

Take Kamfer for example. The MC acquires a perfect female body and have girls falling in love with his female self left and right. What if he were someone who has always thought of himself as a girl, and is super happy about the magical transformation? Suddenly, the anime becomes fully /u/ instead of an irritating bait.
>>
>>2010837
It doesn't have to be the focus. What you're describing is still a story about a guy who becomes a woman. This is inherently different from a story where that detail was missing. It doesn't matter to me whether he was feminine or not, that sort of plot point makes me not want to read or watch the material in question.

Not that I kick up a fuss about such things, that's the work of other anons. I just ignore things like that. I'm only bringing it up because you were talking about how /u/ as a whole reacts to genderbender stories.
>>
>>2010851
I specifically said "having issue" and "making a fuss", never said anything about all of /u/ will fall in love with such series. Why would I, when everybody's personal taste is different? It's not like everybody here jump on every "pure" yuri title indiscriminately.

I don't care if you aren't interested in born-male characters. It's the same thing as somebody not being interested in school girl romance, or horror, or angst, etc. The point is that at least bitching will be focused on the actual content, not about whether it's yuri or not.
>>
>>2010837
>I simply state that /u/ will not make a fuss "this is not yuri" if the trans in question doesn't commit any of those 4 mistakes.
For that matter I've gotta say that even if the character were to
>become a female both in body and soul and look decently feminine
I would still not consider it yuri. If he were to lose the memories of his life as a male I'd reluctantly accept it.

>What if he were someone who has always thought of himself as a girl, and is super happy about the magical transformation? Suddenly, the anime becomes fully /u/ instead of an irritating bait.
Not really, this is subjective as hell.

>>2010855
>The point is that at least bitching will be focused on the actual content, not about whether it's yuri or not.
Yeah no, 95% of the bitching will be about nothing but whether it's yuri or not. I don't think it is but then again I don't have enough free time to complain about things I don't like on random imageboards.

And man this has gotten completely offtopic.
>>
>>2010881
>And man this has gotten completely offtopic
Part of the discussion has always been about the lack of yuri light novels or for that matter the lack of light novels with female protagonists.
>>
Well, I just saw something newsworthy. There's another KTC ero yuri LN coming out. So I guess they're not giving up on that.
http://yurige.blog107.fc2.com/blog-entry-6507.html?sp
>>
>>2010966
>Part of the discussion has always been about the lack of yuri light novels or for that matter the lack of light novels with female protagonists.
Yeah, but I'd say discussing whether a novel with a trans man as a protag is yuri or not falls under none of that.
>>
>>2010970
Two new LNs and a manga. However, they said sales aren't great for their yuri stuff, which implies they might be giving up on that.
>>
File: 71onLxMC6ML.jpg (168KB, 756x1077px) Image search: [Google]
71onLxMC6ML.jpg
168KB, 756x1077px
This looks promising. It's called Kuusou Reizonzudeito
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4904076419
>>
>>2011381
This review blog doesn't seem to favour it: http://kyoutotann.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-116.html
>>
>>2011584
Why does it matter? Is that review blog known for having really good taste or something?
>>
>>2012043
Isn't it sad that all we have are eronovels, novels with some subtext and AdaShima?
>>
File: 71Br2sC+OtL.jpg (175KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71Br2sC+OtL.jpg
175KB, 700x1000px
The new series from the guy who wrote OreTwi is sort of yuri relevant. No gender bender and you even get a yuri kiss.

The whole plot is pretty dumb though (selling magical girl toys). Also, the main character wants to fuck the mascot character.
>>
>>2012043
I don't know about good taste, but that blog has been fairly accurate about which novel is not yuri enough despite the yuri label, so I trust it in that regard.
>>
>>2012953
Does the article say it's not yuri enough?
>>
>>2012953
Well it seems like they rate Nina and the Rabbits and Adachi and Shimamura rather highly and while yuri isn't he only thing they read, it seems like they're not a fan of anything overtly het-harem.

That's as good as any endorsement on their taste as I can give
>>
Man, I really wanna know more what happens at Counter Stop.
>>
>>1979600
Ok, looks like that info was fake.
http://mahoiku.jp/
Still set for 2016.
Studio - Lerche (Gakkou Gurashi)
Director - Hashimoto Hiroyuki (Gochiusa)
Series Composition/Script - Yoshioka Takawo (Your Lie in April)
>>
>>2015110
>Learche
Dead on arrival.
>>
Can anyone tell me how difficult the novel version of Harmony is? I plan to order it.
>>
>>2015562
I assume you are talking about the Japanese version. It's noticeably more difficult than just about anything in this thread. It's closer to a regular novel than a light novel in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>2015553
wut?
kurumi's senpai is still a dude

what they cut is the helicopter scene,
>>
>>2015630
That's why i'm worried. I heard that the language this novel is written in is quite convoluted also. Light novel so far is ok for me, but this one seems really difficult.
>>
>>2015562
Didn't they actually add yuri to the movie?
I think I read somewhere that MC's lover dies before the story and only appears in flashbacks
>>
File: 1.png (59KB, 817x544px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
59KB, 817x544px
>>2015984
Here's a couple of random pages to give you an idea what you're in for.
>>
File: 2.png (67KB, 875x533px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
67KB, 875x533px
>>2015984
>>
Anyone know about this novel ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXr1GBvQp6I
>>
>>2015562
>Can anyone tell me how difficult the novel version of Harmony is? I plan to order it.

You can buy an English version of the novel; I believe Viz publishes it

http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Project-Itoh/dp/1421536439
>>
>>2000794
Any chance a Japanese translation could exist?
It looks really good.
>>
File: 71f5ipRwZrL.jpg (219KB, 1000x991px) Image search: [Google]
71f5ipRwZrL.jpg
219KB, 1000x991px
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4799208977
KTC's latest ero yuri LN.
Last I checked it was the #1 bestseller under the 2D Dream lineup, but doesn't seem to be anymore.
>>
File: Atlach_Nacha_0006.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Atlach_Nacha_0006.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
Is the Atlach Nacha LN worth reading?

And I'll just leave this here for anyone who likes spiders.
http://www.pixiv.net/series.php?id=36135
>>
>>2023221
>Atlach-Nacha LN
I haven't read it because all the illustrations in it are het rapes or het. Maybe you can skim through it and let us know if there's anything worthwhile.
>>
>>2023221
Dont.
Novel's timeline is before the game, so it was Kanako's rape.
>>
File: mv.jpg (83KB, 535x200px) Image search: [Google]
mv.jpg
83KB, 535x200px
http://www.ganganonline.com/comic/adachito/
>>
>>2024049
Cute. I haven't got around to reading the light novels yet, but how far do they go?
>>
since this haven't mentioned yet
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/yuusha-ga-onna-da-to-dame-desu-ka/

quite mediocre but entertaining
also censored yuri on chapter 25
>>
>>2024217
Handholding and hugging. We might get confession out of the next volume. Reminder that it'd be out on 5/10.
Read it if you don't mind 面倒くさ~い.
>>
>>2024268
Sounds like my cup of tea. Thanks.
>>
>>2024223
Is this a webnovel? Seems like these would be slightly faster to translate since you can copy-paste words you don't know into a dictionary.
>>
>>2024293
>Original publisher
>Syosetu
>>
>>2024294
>Type
>Web Novel
What is this conspiracy?
>>
>>2024223
Entertaining but in desperate need of an editor. Whoever translated it did a decent enough job but cannot into composition.

When I read the phrase "don't be impatient, myself" my eyes neatly crossed and a little blood dripped from my nose
>>
File: 02.jpg (93KB, 728x1032px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
93KB, 728x1032px
>>2024049
Rip http://www.mediafire.com/download/2a1a5vhcizfb1vl/AdaShima+ch+1.7z

>>2024268
>Confession
Not if Tarumi gets in the way.
>>
>>2024603
thanks.
>>
>>2024603
>Tarumi gets in the way
I'm fine with Tarumi confessing. I like both of maidens in love.
>>
Is bodacious space pirates still /u/ or did it turn into hetshiyt?
>>
>>2027383
I'm pretty sure the yuri only came from the side characters Jenny and Lynn. The anime actually sort of added subtext between Marika and some of the girls. Also, I've heard that the novels are actually full of gun porn and hard sci-fi compared to the anime and not a lot of romantic fluff.

Someone mentioned after the anime ended that there was a male pirate in the books that was introduced as Marika's rival, who some apparently perceived as the love interest. Haven't heard anything about it since.
>>
File: 71d3xNNnnJL.jpg (162KB, 701x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71d3xNNnnJL.jpg
162KB, 701x1000px
Saw this on a yuri blog. New work from Kawakami that seems to be in the Horizonverse, called Clash of the Hexenknight. Two volumes out currently.

First volume is 408 pages long. so typical Kawakami.
>>
File: IMG_20160410_0001.jpg (860KB, 2221x1766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_0001.jpg
860KB, 2221x1766px
Thought I'd give a little update.

Have been working on scanning Nina and the Rabbits Vol 2, but have run into some technical difficulties that I can't seem to sort out.

Have a Wi-Fi printer/scanner that suddenly dropped off my network while I was working and nothing I do seems to fix it. Got some pretty decent scans, though and didn't even have to cut the book. Maybe someone else could have done better, but making it look pretty wasn't really a priority, just getting it copied. I'll keep working on it to see if I can get things sorted.
>>
>>2029366
Yeah. Personally, I don't think it's important to have pretty scans of text pages, as long as it's readable. The illustration and cover pages though, would be nice to have them as best as possible.
>>
File: definitely not yagyuu.jpg (857KB, 1194x1743px) Image search: [Google]
definitely not yagyuu.jpg
857KB, 1194x1743px
Scanner seems to be working again.
Gonna get back to work. In the meantime, here's not!Yagyuu
>>
>>2028955
Is that really yuri? Never really read past the first chapter because I didn't have the time to do so. Maybe on my lunch break tonight I'll do it.
>>
>>2031048
Do report back with your findings, please.
>>
Wow, there's barely any yuri translated at novel updates. Just counted and only 6 tags in there (for Japanese; could be more if I took out that filter).
>>
File: n.jpg (540KB, 1510x1066px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
540KB, 1510x1066px
Is it okay to get my hopes up?
http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/product?isbn=9784063815368
>>
Nothing new hmm.
>>
>>2041355
It's hard to post about stuff when you have to be fluent in moon and don't really have many illustrations to at least give you and idea that something yuri or not.

I could post some links to stuff when I'm at my PC and maybe some other anon who is more in the know can confirm if it's yuri or not
>>
Anyone here read Destruction Flag Otome? I know its not exactly the kind of thing /u/ would like (harem) but that shit is hilarious and all the girls (and boys) fell in love with the MC so there are plenty of yuri.
>>
>>2041500
/u/ likes harem, as long as it's yuri and not het. In bi cases, as long as the harem master doesn't give a flying fuck about the guys's one-sided crushes, it's cool.
>>
>>2041503
This. Hidan no Aria AA, for example, was a yuri harem and it was top tier.
>>
File: IMG_20160430_0116.jpg (1MB, 1252x1756px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_0116.jpg
1MB, 1252x1756px
It's done. My PC and scanner were talking again so I finished scanning it in one go. Parts might be a bit iffy but I'll redo them as needed.
Will upload sometime tomorrow after I finish cropping and stuff.
I have a newfound respect for scan providers now.
>>
>>2041533
They used auto-feed scanner.
>>
>>2041533
Hey. Mind if we add the files to our torrent (>>2007887) after you'll upload them? There hasn't been much to update it with since the March one but if you really scanned all of Nina then I think most people would like to have that included.

>I have a newfound respect for scan providers now.
My short experience with timing a while ago led to the same result. Timers are the unsung heroes of fansubs.
>>
File: htg eng translation dropped.jpg (264KB, 712x1503px) Image search: [Google]
htg eng translation dropped.jpg
264KB, 712x1503px
>>1967176
>-Harassing Thief Girl [MtF Reincarnation]
>https://9ethtranslations.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/htg-ch-6-the-first-victim/
>Btw, I really didn’t want to edit this. There will be flaws. I just lost all drive when I saw the yuri. I still did a cursory job, so it’s readable.

>they dropped the translation because of yuri action between 8 year old and 16 year old girls

haha
>>
>>2047414
So... what exactly happened? They're going YOOOOOO like as if THREE NIGGAS started getting it on.
>>
>>2047424
I understood that reference.
>>
>>2047414
Ahaha, are these guys for real?
>>
>>2042438
Fine with me.
I know it's late, but here it is. Tried my best to get the color illustrations looking as nice as possible, but still probably not the best of scans.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d2kn0wl79d7xawp/NatR_002.rar

Not sure what is the process to get raws up on Baka-tsuki. I imagine that it's not the actual scans they take but transcripts.

Anyway, I'll probably start on the next volume of my next day off work. And I did say I'd scan the pages that got cut off on that other version of Volume 1.
>>
>>2047414
>ボーイズラブ
>ガールズラブ
>ガチホモ
>ファッショナブルゲイ
>おかまとおなべも活躍
>マイノリティ大活躍
Have they even looked up tags before picking it up?
Is this the reason why they stopped doing Kanstoppu?
>>
>>2047414
I bet they're the kind of people that would drop a LN if it even had a smidge of yuri to do generic haremshit LN #8901283012750
>>
>>2047414
Just casuals being casuals. The translator himself admitted that he doesn't watch or read any anime/manga and only reads LNs.
>>
>>2047607
I just visited their website and the head translator is a self-proclaimed yurifag though. Seem like their reaction is in regard to the 8 y/o character in a sexual situation, rather than yuri.
>>
>>2047424
A hikki NEET lolicon creep reincarnated in the body of an 8 year old who had died, used that body to have sex with a lesbian, seducing her techniques he learned from his frequent use of call girls.
>>
>>2047882
Well a yuri purist would probably already be opposed from the beginning to the fact that it's the mind if an icky man inside the little girl body
>>
Anyone knows if there are any plans on continuing this?

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Adachi_to_Shimamura
>>
All these spoilers for the new volume of AdaShima.
DATING
A
T
I
N
G
Damn, can't wait to read.
>>
File: 004.jpg (3MB, 2280x1728px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
3MB, 2280x1728px
>>2049564
I got too curious and ended up reading some of that part
>>
>>2049887
Are there scans, or are you just taunting me?
>>
File: 003.jpg (3MB, 2271x1728px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
3MB, 2271x1728px
>>2049888
I got the book yesterday. Scanning it to read on a tablet.
>>
File: 1462894691362[1].jpg (564KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1462894691362[1].jpg
564KB, 2000x1500px
>>2049887
>>
>>2047414
But that was before the fallout between the guy who translates Counter Stop and his editor when the guy who translated it made his editor the leader.

Xant, the editor, then decided to bring in some Korean LN which apparently the translator, Lazy 9 and not the guy in the pic, got so pissed and didn't translate or contact the guy and shit and told him "no I don't want that Korean shit in my site".

Considering that site translates Manowa anyway. Though I wish they did continue Counter Stop.
>>
>>2049938
Adachi confesses, asks Shimamura to go out with her.
First thing Shimamura thinks is "but we're both girls"

The more things change...
>>
>>2049988
Well, what did you expect you ungrateful little bastard.
>>
File: screenshot.png (15KB, 714x109px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
15KB, 714x109px
>>2047414
reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/3ij2c2/rec_looking_for_yuri_themed_light_novels/cuh6syi
>we just dropped Harassing Thief Girl since it had too much yuri for out liking

>too much yuri

You can have too much yuri?!
>>
>>2050432
So, they're okay with gays and trans but not yuri? Are they fujoshi or just retarded?
>>
Any web novel sites recommendations? Syosetsu is full of shit
>>
>>2049938
>おかしい
After six volumes she thinks two girls dating is weird. Now I'm curious to know what those six volumes were about.
>>
>>2050647
Syosetsu has the best searching system out of the three as far as I know. You can try pixiv and kakuyomi. Kakuyomi hosts a few LNs of official publishers as well.
>>
>>2050803
Searching system is fine, but the novels there awful/boring. I thought pixiv is for fanfics only. I will give Kakuyomi a try thanks.
>>
>>2050817
I meant kakuyomi and pixiv searching systems aren't as detailed.
>>
>>2050820
I don't mind searching for hours if I find good content so fingers crossed.
>>
>>2004302
>Amai Yubisaki
I've search for this book for quite a while now. I can't find it even in Akiba's Animate and Gamers.
>>
>>2007887
Thanks, kind anon.
>>
>>2051315
It's in the torrent in >>2007887 if you just want to read it.

That is one of the very few yuri books I've seen with used prices on amazon above the list price.
>>
>>2050587
I think it was less of that and more of the age gap that made them really wary of what they were translating (the protagonist was still in the single digit age and it was a male-to-female reincarnation so obviously loli is actually older) while the partner was like in her mid-late teens.

So they probably got disgusted at the old man thinking loli making out with the teen.

Here's their DM with each other:
https://9ethtranslations.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/htg-ch-6-the-first-victim/
>>
Nice, we managed to max out the thread. Now that we're on page 10 somebody should figure out what stuff to put in the OP of the new thread. A couple of most popular titles and the torrent I guess.
>>
>>2055234
Maybe we can use AdaShima thread instead of creating new one.
>>
>>2055259
That would be really confusing I think.
>>
>>2009549
There's this short series where a guy becomes a girl and tries to get a female slave

https://soulpermutation.wordpress.com/ts-maiden-to-buy-a-slave/

closest I can find
>>
New thread
>>2057015
Hopefully these threads continue to spread awareness that light novels aren't all just fantasy battle harems
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.