[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Was the 2015?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

File: kureha x ginko.png (881KB, 1322x914px) Image search: [Google]
kureha x ginko.png
881KB, 1322x914px
Sumary of 2015
So, let's discuss how this year was for /u/s on anime/manga/game, etc
>>
>>1949296
It was a really nice year. There was a lot more /u/ shows than usual. I hope that next year will be as good too.
>>
File: 1430846613363.png (218KB, 461x433px) Image search: [Google]
1430846613363.png
218KB, 461x433px
>>1949296
Happy new year to all of /u/!

This year I followed Kiniro Mosaic S2 and Yuru yuri S3 (they were great) and shitposting in the Euphonium thread was also really fun.

I also spent time watching other /u/ classics like Simoun, Kannazuki no Miko and Kanamemo, and I've only just gotten past season 1 of Marimite.

they were all very enjoyable and I loved the shit out all of them. It feels good to be familiar with so much older /u/ stuff.

I also had fun watching subtext shows like Chuuni and K-on! thanks to some people on here recommending it.

Including all the manga I bought and read on dynasty with you guys I'd say this year was yuritastic, and I'll be in your care next year as well.
>>
File: Boobs 001.jpg (778KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Boobs 001.jpg
778KB, 1200x1600px
Pretty good ass year, lesbians were great, video games were great, though I almost died.

I read Suzunari, what a good ass manga about lesbian incest.

In Bloodborne's DLC, one of the bosses leans in really close like she was about to kiss my hunter and I like to imagine she molested one of the female patients in her lab.

I even met a real lesbian couple. It was really sweet because they were an elderly couple, so they were together for a long time.

Happy new year, /u/, you're my real family.
>>
A great year for Yuri anime! We got a fair number of goodies and mixed bag of presents. And this year of 2016 promises to be just as bright, for anime, I believe.

That okazu lady seems to disagree. But she has a rather skewed view on yuri anyway (she actually claimed Onisama E was a great yuri anime, what a joke.), although I was surprised she gave Hibike Euphonium a mild acknowledgement. And I know one of you spoke up for Valkyrie Drive over there.
>>
>>1949527
When you got someone whose arguments for disliking a show are along the lines of "it's too male-oriented", you know her opinions aren't worth much. This argument could work for a harem, sure, or even pseudo-yuri hentai that mimics heterosexuality, but for stuff like Yuru yuri it's inane.Moreover, the creative intentions are often narrower than what people manage to get from the final product; /u/ is a perfect example of that.
>>
File: 2015.png (2MB, 1756x1104px) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
2MB, 1756x1104px
Hibikek was great, valkyrie drive was lewd, bears was a bit too metaphorical for me, Life is Strange gave me the opportunity to play the cute girl with magic powers, i made Ciri a citizen of /u/ and my high school where i work as a teacher is suddenly full of lesbians, two of them even in my own homeroom class.

10/10 year, would rewind time.
>>
File: 565.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>1949296
Good year

I love Hidan no aria AA, Yurikuma, Valkyrie drive, Kiniro Mosaic 2, Citrus, Sono hanabira, Yuru yuri 3, etc.
>>
File: 144063455032.jpg (475KB, 955x904px) Image search: [Google]
144063455032.jpg
475KB, 955x904px
Not a bad year for anime. Some good (Valkyrie Drive), some disappointing (Mikagura), and more of the same subtext stuff as usual (Symphogear, Hibikek, etc).

SUPER good year for manga. Quite a few new big series, several series actually got translations from start to end (Real Her, Gamma), a couple of older series like Murcielago and Kiss & White Lily going strong, and Bloom Into You is probably the best thing to happen in ages, with a lot of mainstream recognition and success.
>>
>>1949534
> you know her opinions aren't worth much

Her opinions are perfectly reasonable, actually - we just disagree with them. Turns out that opinions that don't follow the 4chan hivemind can and are still perfectly reasonable.

Writing off yuru yuri is done by many in the yuri fandom, and their reasons aren't bad at all. I can definitely see their point.

Doesn't stop me from shipping Sakurako and Himawari to death though, nor from watching every episode of it.
>>
>>1949584

/u/ would be a much better place without the people who complain about shows being "too male oriented"
>>
File: 1438196089227.jpg (197KB, 1097x771px) Image search: [Google]
1438196089227.jpg
197KB, 1097x771px
>>1949438
>Happy new year, /u/, you're my real family.
I can relate. Happy new year to you too, onee-sama.
>>
Yurikuma was a lot better than I expected. Though I say that not having expected much to begin with as I'm not really a fan of Ikuhara.

Symphogear GX started strong but then had a really bad second half. Really unfortunate as this is probably my favorite franchise to be created this decade. I hope they get back on track next time.

Yuru Yuri S3 was good, it contained some of the most overtly yuri episodes in the whole series so far. I understand some of the complaints people have with the studio change, but I feel like the tradeoff was positive.

VD had some good things in it but overall I came out of it disappointed. Probably my fault for letting myself get caught up in the hype, but I'm sure they could have worked the setting and premise better than they did. In fact, the franchise is ripe for having some follow-up or side material that's far better than the main series, if it manages to avoid a premature death.
>>
It was an above average year for yuri, hope yuri continues on the rise for years to come.
Yuru Yuri had it's best season so far, but I don't expect to see a S4 so that kinda sucks.
I wish /tumblr/ could fuck off too.
>>
Well, happy new year, I guess.
I don't post here much, and I think you'll overreact about everything, but for some reason I keep coming back, so...whatever...
>>
Didn't write nearly as much lezfic as I thought I would. Moderately disappointed, but at least I have a job.
>>
>>1949712
>I don't post here much, and I think you'll overreact about everything, but for some reason I keep coming back, so...whatever...
basically my feelings about all of 4chan
>>
and Harmony
>>
Happy new year from argentina my beloved onee samas
>>
File: 51613055_p0.png (524KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
51613055_p0.png
524KB, 768x1024px
Overall it was a good year. Ritz didn't have many delays and delivered some nice scenes here and there. YY3 and kinmoza were great, I still wannna see the gay bears animu though. I enjoyed Valkilmer drive but after all that lewd I need something more comfy and "pure".
>>
File: mumi.gif (127KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
mumi.gif
127KB, 170x170px
>>1949746
Sos grosa kouhai, sabelo.
>>
File: P_0053.png (537KB, 874x1400px) Image search: [Google]
P_0053.png
537KB, 874x1400px
>>1949296
It was an impressive year for /u/s, all things considered. There was a lot of everything: dedicated yuri anime, plenty of the usual subtext-y ones in either SoL or action flavour, new manga series, existing ones emerging or the translation catching up, the appearance of yuri from other Asian countries... There was something for every taste, and I honestly don't remember the last time a year delivered so much. Only visual novels/video games were a bit lacking, but we got plenty of annoucements and it seems releases and localisations are lining up for the beginning of next year.

If I had to pick a winner this year that would be Gamma (though technically it ended last year, we only got the translation this year). I'd been waiting for a successor to Stray Little Devil for years, and it's finally here.
>>
>>1949875
Can you show me some good sites for yuri vids? I barely started coming her and don't know anything good
>>
File: 567072329547761b3549ee.png (720KB, 1280x757px) Image search: [Google]
567072329547761b3549ee.png
720KB, 1280x757px
Anime side of things?

Either yuri was lacking this year or I didn't notice some of them because it's now hard to devote to more than two anime per season.

Gaming?

I'm curious about Life is Strange, but I can't say I'm interested in this type of game.

Manga?

I hoped for Sakura Trick to do some serious stories and while volume 5 has some good KaeYuzu moments, they're not really enough. I love Yuzu, but she's the dumb male character in harem shows. Good luck cracking her open, Kaede.

Doujinshi?

I was pleasantly surprised Japan is so supportive of Ran x Aoi in Aikatsu! and I got a lot of fan art and doujinshi featuring the two. Please deliver more RanAo, 2016.

Translating/Fansubbing/Scanlating?

Nothing worth to note other than finding a cleaner is as hard as finding a translator. And I have to get my hands dirty when handling scanlations since not all authors are happy with the idea of someone translating their work. Whether they like it or not, once I set my sights on a book, I will see to it the book will be translated.
>>
Looking ahead, what can we look forward to this year /u/ friends? Anyone have any hopes for something in particular being released this year i.e. a yuri manga crossed over with a certain genre, or a new season for an anime, or even a new game you have high hopes for?

I have pretty high hopes for the upcoming Nurse Witch Komugi-Chan, and while a little sceptical of it being ecchi, I also have my eye on Koukaku no Pandora.
>>
>>1949883
koukaku no pandora seems like the one that's far more likely to actually deliver

this nurse witch komugi-chan stuff just looks like your average subtext series, if that, but I don't actually know anything about the franchise so I could actually be writing something off
>>
>>1949883
>what can we look forward to this year
Nights of Azure, Fire Emblem: Fates, Kindred Spirits, maybe Flowers. It's looking like 2016 is trying to make up for a rather disappointing 2015 in terms of localized yuri games.
>>
>>1949883
2016 doesn't look very promising to be honest. 2015 had explicit yuri shows (both of them disappointing for the complete opposite of reasons, quite the irony) and a large amount of subtext of varying quality from mediocre to great, it was a great year. And since yuri is such a niche, I expect the next 1-2 years to be comparatively dry anime-wise. The next maintext yuri will probably take another 3-5 years at the least. But may the gods be kind to us and surpass my expectations.
>>
>>1949701
I don't that if you are mention me.
>>
>>1949587
/u/ would be a much better place without people crying about those people, too - which happens much more often than I've ever seen that complaint itself.

In other words, you're a far bigger problem than what you're complaining about.
>>
>>1949701
Can't tell if you mean Mugino or Goggledanon.
>>
>>1949892
>there are guys in it
Symphogear, Magical Girl Nanoha and many other yuri-ish shows also have guys in them, and so does Koukaku no pandora for that matter. This is a poor gauge to go by. The exception is if the males are a key part of the main cast/are leads.

Not saying that "Nurse Witch Komugi-Chan" is a yuri show, but it's better to use other logical arguments. Like, for example, we don't know if Nurse Witch Komugi-Chan will have any yuri, because there is no other source material or evidence to go by.
>>
>>1949895
2016 looks to be just fine for anime. I had a look at the partial line-up (other half of the shows are usually announced closer to their air dates) and there is already set to be an equal amount of both yuri subtext and possible explicit yuri shows. Unless you have basing your conclusions on full-access to the 2016 line-up, frankly, you are putting the cart before the horse. Or, maybe you are one of those nit-picker types. Hard to say.
>>
>>1949935
2016 at the moment has Bahamut and Pandora, that's a grand total of two yuri related shows and while it's true that there's no guarantee they won't suddenly announce 6-8 yurulicious titles over the course of coming few months, I prefer drawing conclusions from available facts instead of treating hopeful dreams set in stone.
>>
Happy new year everyone. With the Pandora anime, it certainly looks like it will be off to a good start.

2015 was an odd year for me. The big Yuri titles disappointed while the subtext shows like Re-Kan, Hibikek, Non-Nons, and Koufuku Graffiti were a joy. Which is the complete opposite of the way it usually is for me. I also didn't spend nearly as much time on /u/ as I used to. The audience can decide whether or not this is a positive development.

Faith in the human species and hope for its future was both renewed and destroyed in equal measure. These issues are important because the collapse of human civilisation would lead to serious curtailment of the universal human right of access to anime lesbians.
>>
File: 52702871_p0.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
52702871_p0.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1949979
[ctd] Either way I'd like to make one wish for 2016 which is pretty damned safe; that /u/ will keep loving and fighting. Because /u/ never changes, and that's as it should be.

Less tripfags would be nice tho.
>>
>>1949942
Bahamut really is yuri related? Source?

It looked interesting enough, but I didn't expect actual yuri.
>>
File: 1424868165873.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1424868165873.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
>>1949296
It was pretty good or at least better than 2014

I hope this year is even better, my year would be made if a Sono Hanabira anime was announced
>>
File: 752ceb05.jpg (2MB, 2430x1080px) Image search: [Google]
752ceb05.jpg
2MB, 2430x1080px
>>1949296
Yuri Kuma was nice, although I didn't like the ending so much, hopefully the manga does something happier.
Nanoha Vivid was a disappointing adaptation quality wise, but at least I got to see my favorite lesbian family again.
Hibike Euphonium was just subtext fanservice, but the series was good and at least it inspired good fanarts. I hope KyoAni is taking notes and does something with more yuri next time.
>>
>>1949895
>both
You're talking as if there were only 2 of them.
>>
>>1949979
Re-kan wasn't really subtext, it was pretty text.
>>
The year was pretty good, my favorite thing was Kinmoza S2, probably the yuri series that delivered everything I expected and more.

And to end the year we got the Locodol OVA, which was perfect in every way.

About games, I played Undertale a few days ago and it was pretty /u/ relevant. I recommend it.
>>
The translations for Virgins' Empire starting up in earnest was great to see. It's now definitely one of my favorite manga, with a true OTP that thrills me.

I'm really looking forward to 2016 for English translated yuri VNs, which will be a new experience. Everyone should support them if possible.
>>
>>1950082
You probably think the same thing about Hibikek
>>
>>1950100
No, from your post, only Re-kan
>>
>>1949942
Either you are being ignorant or you need a new anime chart. Because 2016's titles unveiled so far, have some number of yuri related shows. From "Yuri subtext/CDGCT shows" most especially, and some "average", to "likely canon shows".

Some of the titles included are, Unhappy, Bakuon!!, Show by rock s2, New Game, Pan de peace, Kantai Collection s2, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (people who read it says the source has canon yuri). And these are those I deign to list. There are more. So how did you get your "2 yuri only" shows?

Speaking about that, you are the one with the hopes and dreams. Because there was never any hard facts that Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends is going to have actual yuri in the show itself. Of course, as a yuri fan, I'm hoping so, and the PVs seem prospective, but there is no real proof. So, turns out that you are lying when you claim you are drawing conclusions from available facts. Unless you mean, facts from your ass. And while Pandora looks good in the yuri department, we don't know if there will be fully canon love scenes or not in the anime. Or perhaps, it isn't that type of anime, so they won't.

>>1949992
Unfortunately, that anon has no source, because he is just trolling to claim that he is right about his "only 2 yuri shows this year" argument.
>>
>>1950236
>Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
It has canon yuri true but the writer seemed to think that Madoka didn't have enough suffering in it and decided to rectify that.
>>
>>1949883
well, pmmm is getting more material
>>
>>1950029
>next time
speaking of which, hibikek S2!
>>1950081
can i get a list of explicit yuri shows? just for... reference. yeah.
>>
>>1950245
Oh dear, so does this mean a tragic end or something?
>>
>>1949979
>Faith in the human species and hope for its future was both renewed and destroyed in equal measure. These issues are important because the collapse of human civilisation would lead to serious curtailment of the universal human right of access to anime lesbians.

Sis, those issues would affect us heavilly when all of us become a kind of classy old ladies, so there is still time to make two or three things about it.
>>
>>1950256
From 2015:
Yuri Kuma
Kinmoza S2
Re-kan
Hidan no Aria AA
Vakyrie Drive
Locodol OVA
I guess Yuru Yuri S3 too, but it wasn't as much as the above.
>>
>>1950259

I think that anon asked for explicit.
>>
>>1950273
Yeah, explicit doesn't mean what danbooru tags explicit. It just needs to don't be implicit.
>>
>>1950273
explicit = not bait-and-switch, =not subtext.
>>
>>1950259
thank
>>
>>1949929
The ratio of posts raging about males is far greater then the people complaining about it. Either way the former has always been a problem and /u/ is shit because of it. I would rather read about actual discussion of the show rather then endless bitching.
>>
>>1950373
>The ratio of posts raging about males is far greater then the people complaining about it.
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1444199444937.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444199444937.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>1949296
we need more american yuri, or murica is too xenophobic?
>>
>>1950419
No but American cartoons are probably creatively deficient so there isn't much to talk about. They'd need a rebirth or something
>>
>>1950422
Are you kidding? Shows like Adventure Time, Steven Universe and Rick and Morty are a hundred times more creative than the generic moeblob trash Japan keeps churning out.
>>
>>1950422
American cartoons are squarely set in two categories: children's morning shows and comedy for adults.

Neither of which are usually /u/ friendly
>>
>>1950433
ahem. Steven universe.
>>
>>1950430
>Steven Universe
I watched it with my nephew once, and the fat kid there managed to annoy me more than the average harem protagonist. Also, the writing and 'humor' was far from what I consider creative. I don't know how anyone can-

>generic moeblob trash
Oh, nevermind.
>>>/co/
>>
>>1950441
Oh I am laffin, the anon had it right. America still views cartoons as largely a kid thing or something that's comedy for adults. It would have to grow as a genre if we want anything.
>>
>>1950442
steven universe has canon lesbians, they kissed right on screen. it was even confirmed by the cast/crew when the hets tried to pull 'theyre good friends'
>>
>>1950430

>enjoying western cartoon "comedy" like adventure time where most jokes are just characters spouting nonsense and it's supposed to be funny because "lol it's so random XDDD"

Shit like that is literally cancer to quality comedy and to quality entertainment.
>>
>>1950430
>This is what americans actually believe
>>
>>1950463
I'm getting this strange feeling that you never actually watched the show.
>>
>>1950469
I could barely suffer through one episode of adventure time so im basing it off what my brothers tell me about it.

I also doubt whomever I was replying to watched any of what they call "generic moeblog trash Japan keeps spewing out"
>>
File: 1451189878743.jpg (422KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1451189878743.jpg
422KB, 1280x2160px
More CGDGT/Aidoru/VN with more yuri
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan pandering to yuri
Citrus/any Ichijinsha yuri except Yuri Danshi gets anime
Hibike getting a yuri end
Rabu Raibu Sunshine anime
SonoHana anime
Goggled Anon and SHiN being even better
M****o dies/commits suicide
>>
>>1950484
>moeblog
Moeblob
>>
>>1950484
the thing about 'generic moeblob trash' is that american and japanese animation make the majority differently. While western animation relies on advertising dollars, which requires a show having high ratings and therefore being subjectively good, anime makes the main part of its money through sales of merch, like dvds, shirts, and weird otaku crap. If the creator decides to pander to the NEET crowd, which tends to be a fairly reliable market, all they have to do is slap together a CGDCT and they'll probably make their money back on sales of figurines and dakimakura.
>>
>>1950484
I like Adventure Time. It's great, and no, it's not about random jokes, it's actually pretty clever somtimes.

I also like moe animes, I think it's my favorite kind of anime. I also think they're pretty funny aside from cute.

Stop this fight already. You don't need to attack what they like, too. And we can like both things.
>>
>>1950486
Anti-crack finally fucks off somewhere else
>>1950489 (You)
my point being that its easier to get away with a bad show in the japanese market because producers and care less about what they're actually making, so long as it makes money. Studios that do care (and therefore put out quality content semi-consistently[nobody's perfect]), like gainax or ghibli, are an exception, not the rule.
>re post; forgot a backslash
>>
>>1950494
for explanation from someone who isn't me, see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AHo-_XEV6E
>>
>>1950490
This >>1950430 faggot is the one who started this shitfest.
>>
>>1950494
Anothervway to spin it: the difference that a show can be made for a minor audience in Japan, as they support by buying stuff actually related to the IP
>>
>>1950489
People watching western shows en masse making companies more money based off the ads does not guarantee "objective" quality.

It means shows will try to pander to larger userbases more often to get more people to watch the show (and by extension the ads).

Again that is no guarantee for quality they just have to make it popular which they can do by building up hype around it or doing other things like appealing to kids as well as older audiences (mlp, adventure time)

>>1950490
You're right this argument is stupid.
>>
>>1950503
i never said it was OBjectively good. nothing is.
>having high ratings and therefore being SUBjectively good
The point was that in the market where the interests of the masses matter more, its harder to get a bad or poorly made show popular (and therefore profitable), because generally, people like to watch good shows. not a guarantee of quality, no, but a shift in the likelihood.
Additionally, theres protection against well made shows (with creators who love what theyre making) getting canned by the studio because not enough lonely unemployed nerds liked the show.
>>
>>1950508
Please can you just fuck off back to /co/? No one cares about your cartoons or what you think about anime.

How is it even possible for this thread to be derailed this far?
>>
>>1950508

I see your point. also my bad for misreading.

But isn't a large part (if not all)of the target audience made up of children who do not care about good dialog, pacing, setting etc really as long as the characters make funny faces and act silly?
Shows might have to pander to them first and foremost which will most likely affect its popularity of the show more than good writing will draw in older fans and once again shows might not need a very good plot or premise.

I'm pretty sure otaku in Japan have standards for anime as well apart from Moe (although I won't deny Moe appeal is probably where the companies make a lot of money). I mean there's a reason people like shounen and seinen stuff. That also sells, and not only with basement-dwelling otaku neets for the merch.
>>
>>1950518
no. I've never actually been to /co/ and I don't want to change that. why don't you fuck off to 2chan?
>>1950524
the thing is, the main target audience of cartoons isnt Just kids anymore. people who grew up watching cartoons are now the ones making them, and they didn't stop watching cartoons as soon as they hit 13. Hybrid audiences may have gotten famous with mlp, but its really everywhere now.
Do I sound like I'm talking out of my ass? I hope I'm not.
>>
>>1950528
Just stop derailing this thread already. Look at your post. Now look at the OP. Do you see how they have nothing to do with each other?
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.