[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally, an episode that can honestly be called great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 37

File: file.png (858KB, 1044x536px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
858KB, 1044x536px
Finally, an episode that can honestly be called great.
>>
>>87591916
a great stinking pile of shit
>>
>>87592060
What specifically did you not like about it?
>>
>>87592106
nothing. I haven't seen it. I just wanted to ruin your shitty subreddit
>>
I know im going to sound like a pleb but I was so confused during the whole episode, can somebody give me a quick rundown.
>>
>>87591916
I was hoping they wouldn't go the "left drumpf" route, and I'm still not sure they didn't. However, actually bringing back a character and making him further his plans was pretty good and goes against the "lol nihilism" shit the bad writers love to put out. Pretty good episode over all, and a decent sequal to one of the better episodes of the series.
>>
Best episode of the series to be honest.
>>
This was the first episode of the season that had balls. They tried something new and it worked really well imo. Compared to Pickle Rick which is essentially the opposite of doing something new and aims solely to capture the tiny rick/get schwifty meme audience.
>>
>>87592883
>>/gaiaonline/
>>
>>87591916
Was this episode structured around the wire? It seems like every season of the wire was represented in one of the plotlines.

Season 1 -> Cop Morty and Cop Rick, fairly obvious
Season 2 -> blue collar factory workers (not a perfect fit for the dockworkers in S2, but pretty good)
Season 3 -> Evil Morty's candidacy, running as a morty in a town where only Ricks become leader (like CIA becoming a white mayor of Baltimore)
Season 4 -> The Morty school
Season 5 -> Occassional news reports about what was happening by those anchorman Ricks
>>
Just so you know, this episode was written by a woman.
>>
>>87593564
Thought the same.
>>
File: 1504225738539.jpg (40KB, 536x831px) Image search: [Google]
1504225738539.jpg
40KB, 536x831px
>>87593586
There are women, and then, there are THOTS.

/ourgirl/
>>
>>87593586
Ryan Ridley isn't a woman. Also he's the true genius behind all of this show's best episodes.
>>
>>87593367

the pickle rick episode was pretty good until he left the sewer
>>
>>87593367
>This was the first episode of the season that had balls.
Very well put. Even the humor seemed to push it in all the right places. The quick pacing works so much better when the jokes are actually good.
>>
>>87593586
I don't give a damn if the writer is male or female as long as they can write the show well. The problem is the female writers this season were diversity hires and didn't actually have the necessary skills. If anything they only made the issue worse by virtue signalling about it.
>hire a bunch of shitty writers because they're female
>brag about sticking it to the sexists
>sexists retaliate by claiming the female eps will be shit
>female eps end up being shit because they hired females instead of writers
>sexists get the justification they wanted
>now there's more hate for female writers more than before

Anyway, this episode was written by a dude.
>>
>>87591916
>everyone screaming "DRUMPF REFERENCE, DRUMPF REFERENCE"

Fuck off. It was literally just your typical "bad guy pretends to be a good guy running for a position of power, then reveals his true nature once he gains everyone's trust" scenario.
>>
>>87592909
the episode is about how the citadel is rebuilding itself after rick destroyed it, oh and evil morty is elected president of the citadel
>>
it was a family guy like episode where they use plots from movies to make an episode
>>
>>87593564
Season 3 was the Stanfield / Barksdale War resulting from the release of Avon, the burners, and the tale of Cutty.
>>
>>87591916
The only good episode this season.
>>
>>87594750
>>87593564
And by this I mean that Season 4 was where CIA ran for mayor, he was only introduced toward the end of Season 3 as a councilman.
>>
Why am I supposed to give a fuck about a citadel full of random ricks and mortys that they've blown up and killed a million times over?
And did anyone seriously not see this coming?
From the first scene with evil morty in it I knew it was evil morty.
And I'm so tired of shitty parodys.
Stand by me, oh how funny.
Training day oh how funny.

Shit episode. Only laugh I had was the second ad for those rick snacks.
>>
>>87594635
this, if anything President Morty is more like Obama anyway. Plus it's not like the Ricks were being portrayed in a positive light either. Not everything needs to be some direct Trump reference just because an election is involved.
>>
>>87594635
wouldn't that morty be more of an obama reference, given the black/white analogy of the episode, if anything?
>>
It was a 10/10 episode to be honest. I really havent liked a single episode of season three up till tonight. But this one was meseeks 2.0

It truly was a great episode
>>
What the fuck is the point of a character show if you're just going to have every joke be about how the alternate versions of those characters don't act like them? Shit episode, shit season.
>>
So the President Morty is the Evil Morty from Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind right?
>>
>>87594918
What's that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>87594918
Imagine being this stupid.
>>
>>87594840
>And I'm so tired of shitty parodys.
Fucking seconded. That Mad Max shit earlier was so half-assed. If I wanted unfunny parodies I'd watch SNL.
>>
>>87594993
Yes.
>>
>>87594998
>What's that even supposed to mean?
The fuck do you think? The punchline in every scene was, "Haha, these Ricks are different from the main Rick, and these Mortys are different from the main Morty."

>>87594999
I'm sure you don't have to try too hard.
>>
>>87594993
Yes. It confirms it at the end. Look at the photos floating next to that dead Morty.
>>
Do you think that campaigh manager morty trying to assassinate evil morty was a set-up planned by evil morty to gain sympathy to get him elected? Because Trench Coat Rick was floating amongst the dead Ricks and Mortys ejected into space.
>>
>>87595044
That wasn't the punchline of any joke in the episode.
>>
>>87595090
Or you know because he set up an assassination plot
>>
The Simple Rick wafer plot was perfect.
>>
>>87595090
Could be that Evil Morty also knew about Trench Coat Rick and killed him too.
>>
>Hes not my Rick.. he's my parter.. aw geez
when I knew it was going to be a good episode. also simple rick managed to be the hilarious joke that pickle rick tried to be with like a tenth of the effort/hype
>>
>>87595091
>That wasn't the punchline of any joke in the episode.
It was the joke every time a new Rick or Morty was introduced.
>haha, it's cool rick! it's like if rick was cool xP
>lmao slick morty? man where do they come up with this?
>holy...f-f-f-FAT MORTY?!?!?! genius
>>
>>87595153
You couldn't even name a single example.

Regarding Fat Morty, the joke isn't "Haha look, it's a fat version of Morty." The joke is that he thought he was left-handed Morty, but he's actually a fatass. Regarding Cool Rick, the joke isn't "Haha, look, it's a cool version of Rick." The joke is that all the hardworking factory line Ricks got passed over just because he's cool.

These aren't even subtle jokes but somehow I have to explain them to you.
>>
>>87593012
>Trump is accidentally so similar to Hitler you can't tell if a show is parodying one or the other
Really gets the noggin' joggin'.
>>
>>87591916
so that's 3 episodes in a row that were written by men and were great... well ep 6 was just ok, but still better then average of the rest of S3.

Does anybody else think that maybe Dan and Justine made a deal that Dan's shitty women hires would helm the first half of the season, and the regulars would handle the second half? Keep in mind the rumors of tension between Justine and Dan before the season premiere.
>>
>>87595212
The point is that every joke needed a new character created so that it would make sense. That's forced and lazy writing. They should just admit that they're out of ways to make the main characters funny.
>>
>>87595153
He named 3 examples that were in the show and then elaborated on his point. How did you miss that?
>>
>>87594840

Episode blended well and I loved the Wire Morty

the oh Geezes were great and the Evil Morty monologue was kino

I enjoyed it
>>
>>87595341
A bunch of new characters based on the old ones was the episode's premise, not some last ditch effort to come up with new material. Also:

>ambitious episode that tries something completely new
>LAZY WRITING LAZY WRITING LAZY WRITING
>>
>>87595351
Because that's not what the punchline was in each of those scenes. Nobody was supposed to laugh just upon seeing Slick Morty. The mere existence of the characters isn't the punchline of those jokes.
>>
>>87595153
This meme comes from their mobile game. They're going to continue to push random ricks and mortys so they can make more money on their game.

At least this episode was better than the fucking retarded toxin episode where morty was ripped away from an awesome life for no discernable reason.
>>
The only good episode in s3 and it also happens to be the only 10/10 episode of the entire series.
>>
>>87595398
Was the punchline that they acted exactly as you'd expect given their archetypes?
>>
>>87595042
>>87595051

Thanks, I was only paying half attention I'll rewatch.
>>
>>87595378
>A bunch of new characters based on the old ones
That's exactly what I was refuting in my original post. They're not based on the old ones if they're just act archetypal. You could have replaced Rick and Morty with anyone else and the writing would have been identical.
>>
>>87595399
Agreed, that was the nadir of the season.
>>
>>87595044
>The fuck do you think?
I think your post reads like a trauma victim, and that your point was lost in your terrible wording, which is why I asked you to explain it better.

>>87595153
>>87595341
Aside from the fact that you're cherrypicking, what the fuck are they supposed to do? Have every single Rick and Morty be exactly the same as the originals?
>>
The only thing I'm excited for is actual tension again.
When rick got tossed in super max galactic prison I thought maybe that would be a major plot point in the show but it wasn't even a speed bump. After they spent what, like 3 or 4 episodes on that whole ordeal in the last season I thought maybe we'd see how they got out of it but they just blew through it like it didn't matter and so far we've had nothing but pointless filler episodes since.
Plus ricks revenge or lack thereof on the government and those who wronged him and killed bird person never happened.
Still waiting for phoenix person and tammy to appear.
Now that evil morty is back maybe the narrative can move forward but I doubt it.
>>
>>87595527
>I think your post reads like a trauma victim
I guess that's how bad the episode was.

>Aside from the fact that you're cherrypicking, what the fuck are they supposed to do? Have every single Rick and Morty be exactly the same as the originals?
How about ditch the idea entirely and write a funnier episode?
>>
>>87592106
>political lefty commentary
>awfully obvious "twist"
>no jokes at all
>le epic meta commentary
It was shit like all Reddick and Memety episodes
>>
the only thing i didn't like about it is how rushed the narrative felt, otherwise the episode really surprised me, i didn't expect it to get as dark as it was
>>
>>87595592
What leftist commentary was there? I only remember the joke about the black teens and the police gala or whatever, but that wasn't really opinion based, black teens hate cops.
>>
>>87595399
>At least this episode was better than the fucking retarded toxin episode where morty was ripped away from an awesome life for no discernable reason.
The reason in the episode was pretty clear. Good Rick felt responsible for toxin R&M and didn't want them to lose parts of themselves. After he rejoined he probably wanted to fuse Morty back together because he cared for Toxin Morty, and more importantly he probably just wanted his Morty back.

There were some weird issues with the logic, but I think it rested more on the conclusion that the toxin versions were what Rick and Morty interpreted as their bad sides. If that were the case, good Rick likely wouldn't be empathetic at all and toxin Rick would be an idiot.
>>
>>87595592
>political lefty commentary
How so?

Also this episode is great because of how much world building in managed to pack in less than a half hour. There's a fucking thread right now about economy in screen writing and here you go man, this would be an example of an extremely economical script.
>>
>>87595592
gimme your analysis senpai, really looking forward to it.
>>
You guys realize that they'll avoid mentioning everything that has happened in this episode except the Atlantis stuff for like 2 years and then scrap it all for a dumb gag just like they did with the first council right?

Don't get your pickle dicks too hard there won't be any serious plot progression or worldbuilding.
>>
>>87595695
This season finale is called The Rickchurian Mortydate, which seems like a pretty clear follow-up to this.
>>
Liberal agenda is starting the show in this episode. Its painfully obvious the narrative they are going with. FIgures since Turner owns CNN as well.

"asking for donations for a black teenagers funeral at a policemans ball
>>
>people here actually agressively defending this pile of reddit shit
Holy fuck, just end this board already.
>>
>>87595645
>extremely economical writing
More like ADHD mixed with a healthy dose of schizoid tendencies that refuse to acknowledge any emotion that's not surface deep lmao
>>
>>87595727
As far as political humor goes, this was pretty harmless though, no? I mean, regardless of your political beliefs, you'd probably agree that black teens tend not to like cops, right? It's just a statement of fact.
>>
>>87595740
Haha fuck reddit!
>>
>>87595695
yeah I dont doubt that. like whatever that morty campaign manager saw in the envelope that made him try to assassinate candidate, Im sure that even the writers have no idea what that is, and they don't know where they are going with that sub plot. it was still a funny episode
>>
>>87595745
Your writing can be all those things and still be economical. What's your point?
>>
>>87594635
So Starwars prequels ripoff
>>
>>87595740
Why are you on this board if not to discuss tv and movies? Fucking retard
>>
>>87595755
>you'd probably agree that black teens tend not to like cops, right?
That wasn't the punchline, you fucking rdditor. It's about how all cops shooting the poor dindus for fun. LE EBIL RACIZZZ
>>
>>87593367
It helps that the episode wasn't written by diversity hires.
>>
>>87595695
This.
Next week's episode is this seasons interdimensional cable cept with traumatic morty memories instead of tv shows I guess.
>>
>>87595366
Wtf is "it's kino" even supposed to mean !?

When I go to the kino I bring extra rope nowadays. Stop using this nu male term
Ree
>>
>>87593564
Holy fucking shit this is Kino
>>
>>87591916
every leddit and memey episode:
>stolen sci-fi concepts
>simple multiplicative principle applied to whatever
>fantasy characters in lieu of actual sci-fi characters (alice in wonderland tier)
>plots which never go anywhere except where they started (it's a circle, so intelligent)
>>
People who don't like this episode are basically just hating it to hate. All negative criticism should be disregarded.
>>
no idea why /tv/ is trying so hard to hate this episode. its one good episode in the entire season thats still pretty bad. but I think we all have to admit this one episode was great
>>
Dude Drumpf lmao
>>
>>87595812
Except morty's weren't portrayed as innocent victims, and the one who was stabbed rick in the back.
>>
Thank you, male-writing.
>>
File: 1505105466935.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1505105466935.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>87595764
>>
I think the best moment of this episode was the faulty portal gun
>>
>>87595870
Why does /pol/ automatically think any dictator character is a metaphor for Trump?

RMMT
>>
>>87595764
>>87595897

btfo
>>
>>87592883
absolute SIKKposting
10/10 please continue to trigger these dumb redditor faggots at every opportunity
>>
>>87595824
Cite? Do you have the list of writers by episode so we can compare?
>>
>>87595870
Episode has nothing to do with trump.
>>
>>87595764
Are you retarded?
>>
>>87595925
oh what because theres two pictures? what about all that writing? what does it say?? they don't know, and thats fine, it doesn't matter. we may never find out, and it doesn't matter. it was still a funny episode
>>
>>87595764
>>87595695

The plot synopsis for the last episode of this season is something like "rick fights the president" or something, so I think you're wrong.
>>
File: 1418125018278.jpg (162KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
1418125018278.jpg
162KB, 700x493px
>/tv/ suddenly likes randumb humour
>>
>>87595958
>>87595919
It was obviously based on the election.
>>
So Slick is really evil Morty right.
He jumped in the portal got sent back in time or something, his implant, the dramatic implant, gives him Rick-tier intelligence.

Boom. Solved it for you. Big Reveal.
>>
>>87595847
>>87595870
>>87595943
>>87596085
dude stop being an autist and actually make any argument if you're gonna bitch about this.
>>
>>87596124
ahahaha the buttblasted redditor shrieks
>STOP INSULTING MY MANCHILD SHOW FOR INTELLIGENT MANCHILDREN LIKE ME! *poop joke*
>>
File: 1482054949456.jpg (218KB, 1024x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1482054949456.jpg
218KB, 1024x1186px
>>87596139
>tfw to intelligent to make cogent points
>>
>>87596139
The reason you feel talked down to by this show is because deep down you know you really aren't that bright. That's why it hurts your feelings so much.
>>
>>87596139
But he didn't say any of that. You're the autist throwing the fit
Unironically kys
>>
>>87595951
Not him, but IMDb. Although they haven't listed the writer on this episode yet.
>>
>>87595951
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rick_and_Morty_episodes
>>
File: ep.png (23KB, 945x284px) Image search: [Google]
ep.png
23KB, 945x284px
>>87595951
>>
>>87595978
I seriously, seriously doubt there will be another episode this season as good as tonight's episode. If the last two episode's are even good it will be a serious improvement over the mean.
But its good to know that the show is still capable of greatness if only in short bursts.
>>
>>87596018
>shills shilling R&M like R&M
>>
>>87596305
Pickle Rick wasn't that bad of an episode, but I see what you mean.
>>
>>87595812
Imagine having a persecution complex this bad
>>
>>87595812
Come on dude I post on /pol/ all fucking day and even I had the sense to know the joke was that black teens are the last people in the world who would contribute money to an event organized for police officers to dick around. Black teens aren't all that fond of cops if you hadn't noticed.
>>
>>87595812
This is gotta be a false flag, right? I refuse to believe anyone is actually this retarded.
>>
File: 1503264219257.png (114KB, 680x559px) Image search: [Google]
1503264219257.png
114KB, 680x559px
>>87591916
I havent seen a single episode from this season, should i even bother? I look at the alt left on twitter and their jerking off over this episode for being woke and about police brutality or some other gay liberal myth
>>
THIS WAS THE MOST GODDAMNED AMAZING EPISODE IN THE HISTORY OF RICK AND MORTY HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA REWATCH IT IMMEDIATELY
Evil Morty's song at the end got me hyped af
>>
>>87596477
Watch the episode for yourself. They're too blind to see how it pokes holes in their entire worldview.
>>
File: 1415096651272.jpg (25KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1415096651272.jpg
25KB, 639x639px
Boy this sure was the best episode of any animated series ever; Literally got shills while listening to the inspirational dialogue.

I'm so watching Adult Swimâ„¢ next week.
>>
>an entire political episode with not one reference to trump
>"put it on your blog"

welp, /tv/ just got BTFO
>>
>>87596477
yes dude it's hype af i love rick and morty it's the greatest episode of the season and dare I say of the whole show???-+
>>
File: implying.jpg (199KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
199KB, 500x376px
>>87596477
>the alt left
>>
>>87596477
watch it and make up your own mind you fucking sheep, decide on your own if you like it or not, stop letting others influence you and live your life for you.
>>
File: 1491051259864.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1491051259864.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>muh french toast with boobies
>>
New favorite episode! I was feeling like saying so halfway through, but I wanted to see if the ending would hold up. The moment assistant morty started having doubts, I knew....
Evil Morty is back, motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!
The wait was so so so worth it
>>
>>87596546
kys alt left
>>
>>87595224
That's the point though. That's why all these shows pretending what you said is true are really cringe. It just shows liberals fears of the far right and ignores the fact that Trump is just a liberal from 20 years ago. He doesn't have some big fascist plan, he thought he could help the country but didn't realize how different being a politician and being a businessman would be. He's Reagan 2.0, there were liberals screeching about him being Hitler too, but he only furthered the establishments plans.
>>
Fucking incredible, I know that this sounds like an insult. But this episode felt longer than 30 minutes. When I looked down at my phone during the Big Morty club shootout scene and saw that we were barely halfway through I couldn't believe it. The amount of worldbuilding and development and stories that they told in just 30 minutes was unreal.
>>
>>87595090
You saying he pulled a Reagan?
>>
Why are there Ricks doing blue-collar jobs? Why aren't they in infinte dimension x-34-fg-.2.3.456.x1alpha.3432.1t2 living life as a god on a pleasure planet?
>>
File: 1504278450409.png (60KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1504278450409.png
60KB, 592x492px
>>87596552
>dude y are u asking a community that you've grown to like and trust whether or not you should watch a certain thing
it seems to me like the real sheep are people who enjoy rick and morty..?
>>
>>87595630
Anarcho-communist themes, they're pretty in your face
>>
>>87596477
It's genuinely the best episode of the season (not hard), so if you watch any of S3, I'd suggest this one.
And liberals praising this one for some sort of message are just as retarded as the idiots on this board saying it has anything at all to do with Trump.
>>
File: thinken.png (163KB, 440x445px) Image search: [Google]
thinken.png
163KB, 440x445px
>>87596305
>2, 3 and 4 are the worst episodes so far
>all written by women
>>
>>87596615
>what is satire in a comedy show
>>
That was probably the best episode of television i've seen this year. That may have been the best Rick and Morty episode ever made.
Holy. Fuck.
They balanced three narratives as well as they possibly could and delivered a fucking astounding conclusion. Not only that, though, they balanced three narratives from a critical standpoint, as well. A base narrative, a secondary narrative, and a meta-narrative. The base being the story we saw, the secondary being the parallels to race relations in the U.S, and the third being the criticism of serialization vs. episodic storytelling.
This all culminated in the return of Evil Morty (the music being the immediate give-away) and the establishment of not only a new arc, but also a new narrative structure for the series.
I get that the "depth" of this show has become a meme and is hard to comment on due to it being said meme. But I wasn't expecting Rick and fucking Morty to deliver the best narrative of the year when Game of Thrones just finished airing.
Bravo, team, bravo. This was an awe-inspiring episode in an already outstanding season.
Thank you.
>>
Evil morty=Rick c137's maybe original morty. I say maybe because Rick might have landed in the wrong dimension( science is art not a lot of people know that) and fucked up evil morty to the point that evil morty would want to murder c137 in a grandiose way. The final battle will be the mortiset morty( baby picture morty,our morty) against evil morty. Evil morty knows Rick couldn't stand a morty too big for his britches. Sorry I'm drunk and I get weird and sentimental but Rick c137 may die
>>
File: fuck the senate.jpg (86KB, 1064x596px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the senate.jpg
86KB, 1064x596px
>>87595224
Because Hitler and Trump invented populism, apparently.
>>
Was this a nuanced political social commentary?

I can't help but think Dan Harmon had zero part in this episode.

What the fuck.
>>
>>87596621
>trusting /tv/
Biggest retard ITT
>>
>>87596139
I don't know what is worse the autistics that hate the show here or the autists that worship the show on reddit
>>
>>87596675
>evil morty would want to murder c137 in a grandiose way
So why didn't he just kill C137 when he had him strapped to a table?
>>
>>87594847
TELL THAT TO DAN HARMOM AND EVERY OTHER ENTERTAINER
>>
>>87593564
watching it in that mindset would certainly make the episode better
>>
File: disdain.jpg (21KB, 198x223px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
21KB, 198x223px
>>87594847
Hey, hey you want me to blow your mind? You ready?

Ricks are the nobility.
Mortys are the plebs.
>>
>>87596721
So many questions
Why do the ricks need money to rebuild the Citadel? Aren't they completely self-sufficient?
Why are there ricks performing laborous tasks like pressing buttons on an assembly line? How the fuck have they not built robots to do that?
Couldn't assembly-line Rick just... build a portal gun and go home? Why is he stuck in a job he doesn't like?
Don't most Ricks and Mortys still go on adventures? Isn't that the whole point of pairing up Ricks and Mortys? Why are some of them acting like they've never left the Citadel in their lives?
Why is creating Portal fluid considered a crime? And how did that Rick fail at making it? They're all equally smart.
Why are Mortys not sent home when they have no Rick? What's the point in keeping them in their own district of the Citadel?
Campaign manager Morty is a fucking idiot. Why didn't he just expose Evil Morty, instead of trying to assassinate him? Why didn't detective Rick do that?
Speaking of which, how the hell do photos of evil Morty prove that President Morty is evil Morty? Most Mortys look exactly alike. There's no proof (to them) that president Morty is Evil Morty.
>>
File: gcb.jpg (81KB, 710x437px) Image search: [Google]
gcb.jpg
81KB, 710x437px
>Sixty iterations off the finite curve theres a Rick that works more with wood.. than polarity plating. His name is Simple Rick.. but he's no dummy. He realized long ago that the greatest thing he'd ever created was his daughter.. We captured that moment, and we run it on a loop through Simple Rick's mind.. and the chemical it makes his brain secrete goes into every Simple Rick's Simple Wafers© wafer cookie
they will study this sequence in animation and screen writing classes
>>
Why did he look at the Ricks from the mirror? What purpose did it serve?
>>
I know this is probably going to get flammed to hell because this board is such a circlejerk but what the hell. I was really excited for the Atlantis adventure! While I still think the episode was an interesting idea that was relatively well executed it still had the issue that this whole season has had for me: it doesn't feel like Rick and Morty. This episode felt like Bojack Horseman, and while I love that show and the way it mixes political commentary with dark humor so well, I don't feel like that's what Rick and Morty is/should be/is best at. The best RaM episodes by far are where Rick and Morty go on a whacky adventure. That's why I got hyped because I thought they were literally poking fun at the fact that the episodes so far had been way more serious/followed way more of a story arc than the last two seasons and they were going to do a "self-contained adventure" just like they used to.
>>
>>87596781
He just happened to have one and be looking the other way since he was getting a haircut. Also it does seem a bit more sinister.
>>
>>87596781
This was the darkest, most fucked up thing I've ever watched on television... and I loved it.
>>
Holy shit, President morty had so many scenes that instantly triggered my memories to how Hitler took power.
Flamboyant personality and a eloquent speaker whose every word inspires people.
Most are frenzied by Pres Morty as few knows the horror that will befall but their words fall on deaf ears. Once in office, Night of the Long Knives get rid of potential political opponents and old powers. The fucking banner dropping over the building sealed the connection.
The writers never cease to amaze me as they never get caught up in just one developement of story in one episode. Cop rick/morty, pres morty, factory Rick, and ofc our average rick and morty that has no idea what it happening on the other end of the universe.
>>
>>87596781
So he could make a sinister quip about cutting away unnecessary things.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 1693x52px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 1693x52px
>>87595951
>>
>>87596763
>>87596799
>>87596808
>>87596837
Stop copypasting posts from reddit
>>
If you think this was a left positive episode then you legit have mental retardation.

Imagine being this fucking stupid.
>>
>>87596857
just trying to liven the thread with some actual discussion about the episode, friend
>>
>>87596886
If people wanted to see reddit posts wouldn't they just go there?
>>
>>87596876
This episode definitely shows how woke Justin Roiland is. I mean everything in this episode is similar to what goes on in our society every day.
--You have the corrupt shadow government ran by billionaires controlling the president until morty decides to kill them. --You have the evil morty posing as a guy who cares about the people just to get elected in order to enforce his own corrupt agenda(like Most politicians). --You have the morties killing morties similiar to blacks killing blacks in the U.S. --You have Ricks killing Morties just like Cops and the people in the U.S. --You have brainwashing of education just like in the U.S. -- You have a society unhappy with their daily lives because they are all basically slaves to some billionaire(just like in the U.S.) --You have the Government pinning the people against each other because they are scared their agenda of greed would be toppled if the people worked together.(Just like in the U.S. right now.) --You have the General Rick instilling fear into the people in order to win an election and cause society to dump even more of their hard earned money into the government and military industrial complex.(Just like in the U.S. and trump.) --You have cops getting paid off. -- People being dumbed down and distracted from what is really going in the government. --Commercials focussing on emotions to get people to buy the trash and feed more money into the corrupt system.
I mean the list could go on. The creators really did an excellent job of summing up the current state of just about everything going on in The United States of America right now. Yeah the episode had a lot of funnies but I dont really think that was Justins aim for this episode. He wanted to wake people up a little bit.
Stay Woke Senpai. We are all one just like all the Ricks and Morties lol.
If you think people need to wake up too then upvote this shit.
>>
>>87596901
half these threads are mirrored from reddit and the part that isn't is full of insults and tired old racism
>>
>>87596876
Of course they're retarded. They see banners hanging from a building with a symbol on them and think to themselves NAZIS!
>>
>>87596921
Jesus fucking christ how many layers of irony are you on
>>
>>87596466
Groups organize to false.flag the internet all day on both sides.
Get used to it.
>>
>>87596477
Like I said, anyone who thinks this is left positive is retarded

What a coincidence millions of lefties think it's for them.
>>
>>87596921
I also voted for Bernie
>>
>>87596637
>Anarcho
>Communist
Anyone else see an irony...
>>
>>87596972
ask your dad about it
>>
>>87596948
>false.flag
dumb mobile poster
>>
What I don't understand is:

If Rick's are all so smart, why do some of them work low-level jobs in a factory? Chalk it up to infinity?

Also, if our Rick is the Rickest Rick for not joining the citadel, and there are infinite versions of reality, is it safe to say that there are other Rick and Mortys outside the citadel? Are they Rickier than the citadel Ricks?

So. Conceptual...! But fuck if it wasn't an amazing time that made me aware of my relative lack of talent!! So good!
>>
>>87596763
so the new captured moment is that it's ok to kill other ricks that are better than you because you can get aways with it?
>>
wow thisnis exqctly how hitlar.took power

lutrraly exaxtlu

bravo
>>
>>87596972
>Anyone else see an irony...
Its like they just spew buzzwords they read on /pol, never understanding a word they say.

No wonder they love Fascism, they couldn't even define it.

If the only thing Antifa does is smash their faces in for being utterly uneducated morons they've already done more for the country than these illiterates ever will.

Seriously you left/right zealots read a few books.
>>
>>87597039
FUCKING INCREDIBLE.
Unpopular opinion (I hate myself for it) but my guess is that the Phoenix Person and Evil Morty plotlines won't come to fruition until next season in fitting with the style of bucking normal plot trends.
But holy I'm fucking hyped up and shit
>>
>>87597005
My motherboard fried, nigger, I'm not on my preferred shitposting device.
>>
>>87597023
The wafers are a stand-in for drugs like Soma from Huxley's novel Brave New World. This episode portrays the Citadel as a dystopia.
>>
>>87597039
>doesn't know what anarcho communism is
>tells people to read a few books
anon pls
>>
>city built by Rick's
>Factories that require employees
>Not just making everything automated so Rick can go do literally anything he wants

So is C-137 the least "Rickest" Rick? Because it seems the majority are unimaginative wage-slaves.
>>
>>87597078
that's pretty obvious, my question was what new doctrine the wafers carry..
>>
>>87597100
I don't think chemicals secreted by a brain have a doctrine Anon.
>>
>>87594027
Why can't they just hire some diversity animators? So they can't ruin the show.
>>
>>87597017
>our Rick
cringe
>>
>>87595967
>What is context
I know you're retarded but come on
>>
>>87597130
yes watch again. it says in the wafer commercial that they relive that rick experience of connecting with his daughter. and then you see simple rick sitting there with the vr-glasses and his memories reproduced into the wafer. so my question is simply: what new memory are they using to indoctrinate or sedate the public?
>>
>>87597079
>anon pls

Anon go fuck yourself. Just because you put two words together does not mean they have actual function.
To have anarchy means to dismiss the systems entirely, communism or otherwise. To then pretend that you can redefine anarchy to suit your current feelings of how things should be identified is incredibly lazy.

You might as well stop pretending you care about others and just go full blown marxist at that point.
>>
>>87597094
>Because it seems the majority are unimaginative wage-slaves.
It's almost like they're being fed mind-numbing snacks that make them docile.
>>
That was hands down the best Rick and Morty episode I have ever seen. It gave viewers of this show exactly what we like --- violence, dark humor, and absurdity. All the same, the show successfully picked up a few storylines, advanced them in a way that was not slow but not too fast either, and resolved them each individually with a different lesson on society whether it be about the state of our politics and how to control it, class tension in society, racial tension in society, etc. They provide all the fantastic elements of the show, provide a twist, provide multiple philosophical lines and or monologues that make you think, and squeeze all that action and philosophy into 20-30 minutes.

What a masterpiece this show is. I already knew it, but tonight's episode just proved how fantastically clever the show writers are.
>>
>>87596621
>trusting a website that can and has been infiltrated by reddit
Start doing things on your own and form your own opinions before you become a faggot
>>
File: 1494542333070.jpg (34KB, 285x242px) Image search: [Google]
1494542333070.jpg
34KB, 285x242px
>>87596305
>all the worst episodes by women
>>
>>87597017
>If Rick's are all so smart
they aren't. at one point in the episode, during evil morty's debate/speech thing, evil morty states every rick has identical IQ. two people with the same IQ (it is just a number) can have different areas of expertise. meanwhile, in the same episode, there is "slow rick-i mean tall morty," proving that every rick having identical IQ isn't true. it should also be noted that we know for a fact different ricks have different personalities, and despite the supposed same IQ across ricks, personality differences will drive inequality. literally anything that can cause any inequality will be focused in on and maximized. the question about them being in low level jobs is, why did they not just automate everything?
>>
>>87597189
They have that particular Rick relive that memory over and over again to generate the chemicals they use to produce the wafers. All the commercials said was that the wafers make you feel like he did, not necessarily think like he did.
>>
>>87597196
they do have a function historically you fucking retard, they have for over a century yet you're too stupid to even google it
>>
File: 1504360817740.jpg (110KB, 564x631px) Image search: [Google]
1504360817740.jpg
110KB, 564x631px
i'm not sure if this is just a big troll thread
>>
You heard your mom, we’ve got adventures to go on Morty. Just you and me, and sometimes your sister, and sometimes your mom, but NEVER your dad! You wanna know why Morty? Because he CROSSED me. OK, take it easy, Rick! Th-that's dark. Oh it gets darker Morty... Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures. First thing that’s different, no more dad Morty. He threatened to turn me in to the government, so I made him and the government go away... Ohhh fuck... I repla-burp-ced them both as the defacto-patriarch of your family, AND your universe. Oh man... Your mom wouldn’t have accepted me if I came home without you and your sister. So now you know the REAL reason I rescued you. Ohhhh-woah... I JUST TOOK OVER THE FAMILY MORTY! Oh man. And if you tell your mom or sister I said any of this, I’ll DENY it. You'll deny it... And they’ll take my side, because I’m a hero, Morty. And now you’re gonna have to do whatever I say, Morty, FOREVER! A-and I-I’ll go out and find some more of that Mulan, Szechuan Teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Wh-what are you talking about? Because that’s, that's what this is all about Morty! Szechuan? Th-that’s my one arm man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family Morty crawls away- Morty, that was FAKE! -and Morty gets pulled back. I-I’m driven by finding that, McNugget Sauce. Nuggets? I want that Mulan McNugget Sauce, Morty. Mulan? That’s my series arc Morty! What the Hell? If it takes 9 seasons, I WANT MY MCNUGGET DIPPING, What're you talking about Rick? SAUCE SZECHUAN SAUCE MORTY! What're you talking about? TH-THAT’S WHAT'S GONNA TAKE US, ALL THE WAY TO THE END MORTY! SEASON, 9 MORE SEASONS MORTY! Szechuan sauce?! 9 MORE SEASONS UNTIL I GET THAT DIPPING SZECHUAN SAUCE! What is that?! FOR 97 MORE YEARS MORTY! What are you talking about?! I WANT THAT MCNUGGET SAUCE MORTY!!!
>>
>>87597196
anarcho-communism is a thing you fucking retard.

you fucking faggot you think you know things. you're 16 years old and you have a basic level of understanding of communism and anarchism and you fucking think they are mutually exclusive as a rule you piece of shit.

fucking end yourself
>>
>>87597266
tbf you'd have to be a troll to say you like this show
>>
>>87597249
okay that makes sense. and the other rick felt empowered so they reproduced his emotion. got it
>>
What is the fall of Rhodesia?
>>
>>87597252
>they do have a function historically you fucking retard, they have for over a century yet you're too stupid to even google it

I understand it perfectly you fuckwit. I'm telling you the entire concept is fucking flawed to the core. Either reject systems or fucking don't
>>
>>87597278
>>87597266
>>87597288
>>87597243
>>87597196
See
>>87597277
>>
How would you feel if the season finale was about the Citadel turning all of its attention towards capturing C-137?
>>
>>87597303
way to backtrack you dirty heeb
>>
>>87597311
I am so shook everything about this episode was amazing. Best episode ever, I'm gonna rewatch and cry.
Evil Morty WE SAW HIM AGAIN MAN
I love how the last ending scene showed c137 and how they're different from all the other Ricks and Mortys. Thank you @ everyone on the entire team for pointing out a very important note
>>
>>87596305
>shit episodes and female writers make a perfect 1 to 1 connection
I'm sorry I really don't want to be sexist but god fucking damn women are creatively inferior to men and they're 10 times more loud when it comes to being an artist.
>>
File: 1502622095001.jpg (57KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502622095001.jpg
57KB, 454x453px
yo there are actual communists ITT
>>
>>87597338
don't feed them (you)s make them seize them
>>
>>87595432
the first episode was 10/10 too so there's 2
>>
Is Reddit (You lot) in love with this episode because of all the leftypol shit it's about like "institutional racism" and all that. None of the writing was even remotely funny or clever.
>>
So, does Dan think evil morty is Obama or Trump?

Is the ruling Rick-class white people or is it the existing(pre-2016)liberal regime?

Are the morty's black people or out of work whites?

Really need my beliefs confirmed for me to like this ep.
>>
>>87597217
That would make sense only they needed the factory to make the snacks to begin with, at least on a scale that would matter.

Rick's really are just dumb assholes.
>>
>>87597338
Cancer of all kinds congregates in R&M threads
>>
>>87593564
Holy fuck I knew it felt similar.

Finally a good episode.

Glad I stuck with this show after those horrid female written trash episodes
>>
>>87597303
Goalpost moved.

End your life you teen.
>>
>>87597278
You'll grow out of it.
>If a person is not a liberal when he is twenty, he has no heart; if he is not a conservative when he is forty, he has no brain.
>>
>>87597078
you guys are dumb. there was no reason to think that they were any kind of drugs at all. god I see why people hate the fanbase of this show now. they shouldn't even let people like you read aldus huxley. a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.
>>
>>87597368
>Mortys considered lesser beings because of their intellectual capacity in general
>Rickless Mortys become corrupt, act like the worst kind of niggers, and murder eachother because they do not value eachothers' lives
>a Morty who murdered his own Rick uses a populism platform of equality in order to propagate his message, then orchestrates a NKVD-style purge of anyone who would stand in his way just before executing a military coup on a Shadow Government
All of that and that's what you take away from this episode? That Mortys are repressed by Ricks? Mortys repress themselves, that's the joke.
>>
>>87597440
wat. commercial said simple rick excreted some type of happiness chemical
>>
>>87597330
Loving the enthusiasm, man!
>>
>>87597440
>ingest chemicals in order to cause a psychoactive response
>"no reason to think they were any kind of drugs at all"
You are retarded.
>>
>>87597420
GO FUCK YOURSELF!
>>
>>87597488
Where does it say that ingesting it induces a psychoactive response?
>>
Was this episode written by a woman? I need to know before i decide that i like it or not.
>>
>>87597440
i hope you're shitposting, you can't be this stupid
>>
>>87596516
This 1000x this.
>>
>>87597500
If it's a chemical that changes the way you feel then it's a psychoactive drug you fucking retard. That's the point. That is the DEFINITION of a drug.
>>
>>87597488
it was just some dumb marketing scheme but apparently a little too on the noise because some dumb people like you actually fell for it instead of getting the humor
>>
>>87597544
>It was just some dumb marketing scheme
Is this the deepest fan theory of all time?
>>
>>87597575
Don't reply to him he's fucking retarded. Not even pretending.
>>
>>87597094
>all ricks are born equal
>some are still factory workers and some are bigger than the council
almost like it's a trying to make a point...hmmm...
>>
>>87596944
About 5 or 6 dimensions muh Morty *burpz*
>>
I kind of wish that they didn't paint politician Morty as an evil dude guy until the very end.

Show some parallels with rising authoritarianism. Give me an evil Morty willing to discriminate against a scapegoat minority, attempt to discredit the free press with lies and mistruths, and challenge that the electoral system is corrupt and that outside of this Morty administration the entire government is corrupt unless they are loyal to you.
>>
>>87597586
all the commercial talks about is flavor it doesn't say anything about psychoactive properties. you just fell for it the same way you fall for all kinds of marketing and advertisements aimed at dumb moron consumers like yourself.
>>
>>87597632
omfg
>neo-/tv/
>>
File: my nigga niccolo.jpg (231KB, 1244x1600px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga niccolo.jpg
231KB, 1244x1600px
>>87597632
>implying Evil Morty is actually evil
>>87597646
Yeah because in a show where the last time Rick extracted something from an animal's brain it ended in the entire world falling in love with Morty and then being turned into giant insect monsters and later genetic monstrosities it's just "flavor."

Again, you are legitimately retarded.
>>
Morty cop using "Morty speak" was very underrated
>>
>>87597592
A point that isn't consistent with the base of the show.

Also id take a look at your inability to make a direct point. I'm not asking you to spell it out for me but if it's too much trouble then why bother responding?
>>
>>87592060
Fpbp
>>
>>87597459
Institutional racism is not a joke. Internalised oppression is not a joke. Self-hatred taught by the institutions around you is not a joke.

jk I don't care about niggers, but you're still objectively wrong in believing self-repression isn't supposed to be a comment on "institutional racism". It's that whole "nigger girls feel ugly because the world tells them white is right" business.

Imbecile.
>>
>>87597437
I'm not a commie you also stupid nigger.
>>
>>87597668
That dry "ah jeeze" got a chuckle out of me
>>
>>87597686
>the whole world
Where?

All you hear is how much whites suck and non-whites are amazing
>>
The minute I heard the music pick up, I was jumping in my seat.

The writers for the episode sold the rise to power in four different perspectives and it all closed in as a Morty became president.
Amazing.
>>
>>87597663
>dat damage control
you were wrong just admit it. everything in the episode had some real world correlation. are you telling me you can go to the store and buy acid cookies? you're fucking dumb dude. it was a parody of the commercials that play to your emotions to make you think theres something special about the product and you fucking fell for it lol.
>>
>>87597686
>nigger girls feel ugly because the world tells them white is right
Meanwhile they keep buying the media that does so. Just like the dumb sluts who buy media that makes them think they need to be below 100 pounds or they'll never be beautiful. Your view of "institutional racism" is a fucking joke. Go have a look at Africa and see how well they govern and educate themselves.

In the 60s when the last of the European colonies in Africa relinquished control there were state funded educational programs that told them that white people had smaller brains than blacks, laid on the beach because they wanted to turn themselves black, and fucktarded shit like that. They're fuck ups whether you tell them they're amazing snowflakes or useless thugs.
>>
>>87597736
Oh I see, making a direct reference to the exact same thing being done in another episode is "damage control." I'm done replying to your retarded bullshit. Seriously consider suicide.
>>
>>87597728
its kind of amusing but you also ruining this for me. please stop
>>
>people here can't immediately tell when a post is c/p from reddit.

You fags are more stupid than reddit.
>>
>>87597686
All those Chinese and Indians living in China and India that have to live with society telling them white is right.

How did we ever get such a foothold on so many societies.
>>
File: 14447407993350.jpg (33KB, 526x522px) Image search: [Google]
14447407993350.jpg
33KB, 526x522px
Ok, full disclosure - I watch this shit. It has neat concepts on a level of 14yo me daydreaming in physics class.

But... Does someone unironically think that it's... "smart" or "intelligent"? Do some people really think that nihilism schtick is somewhat originial? That you need high IQ to understand this flick?

Even any serious talk about "plot" in these episodes takes me aback. Read a fucking book, jesus christ.
>>
>>87597789
Yes, people do
>>
>>87592106
1. It didn't have a plot, just worldbuilding
2. It wasn't an adventure
3. Tried to be about drama, but there were no characters, just cardboard cutouts
4. Everything was predictable, even the jokes
5. Only interesting thing is the promise of more evil morty. This episode was just a 20 minute trailer. The last evil morty episode was a good episode in itself.
6. Education morties had nothing remotely interesting to it. Just filler.
7. Factory rick had nothing interesting to it. More filler.
8. Cop Rick is probably necessary to have someone who will fight evil morty, but otherwise mostly filler
9. What you're left with is a flat and uninteresting politics plotless story that can be condensed to 4 minutes.

I hope they pay the female writers 66 cents to the dollar. They'd still get more than they deserve.
>>
>>87597723
>>87597774
>pale skin isn't preferred in Asia
Fucking lmao @ you retards.
>>
Is it okay to hate /tv/ sometimes?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
This guy invented interdimentional travelling too?
>>
>>87597789
its babbies first scifi elements the show
>>
>>87597740
>buy media that makes them think they need to be below 100 pounds or they'll never be beautiful
1.) They are right
2.) All media says fat is beautiful and you need to be a lardass and you deserve a rich muslim nigger with three boats and a 20 inch dick because you are special
>>
>>87596176
>>87596214
>>87596221
oh lord look at this triggering

>>87596710
stay on reddit
>>
>>87597789
you know by doing this you also become an "im so smart and intelligent" faggot?

That's what you sound like.
>>
>>87597789
It's a brilliant selling point isn't it? Make people think they are smart so they'll keep watching your show.
Smart people tend to know they are dumb and that they know very little. The more you know, the more you know how very little you actually know.
>>
>>87597818
Try googling "skin bleaching in asia" dipshit. It's like you cucks have no idea what places are like outside of the First World.
>>
>>87597789
Everybody wants to think they're smart. "If my both was oppressing me I'd be a genius like Rick"

Thinking any smart rick would work a drudgery job is a really stupid idea.
>>
>>87597520
Where was it shown to change the way people feel? Where in the episode are you drawing this conclusion from, or are you just assuming?
>>
>>87597814
u r a dumb and also kys yourself
>>
>>87597756
its alright man Im j/k. theres a reason those companies are so massively successful. those commercials work
>>
>>87591916
Its pro trump. That is going to make a lot of people angry.
>>
>>87597818
We did such a horrible job brainwashing Asians into thinking white is right. We must whites be such a horrible plague on society, we should have taught the asians that black is right. And the blacks that yellow is right.

Oh boy, what a mess. Well, looks like us whites have to start making things right so they know that white is not right.
>>
>>87597840
Scientism in a nutshell. Bill nye the sex junk guy would be proud.
>>
>>87597823
was probably just recruited
>>
File: 1416052898649.jpg (19KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
1416052898649.jpg
19KB, 306x423px
Are Rick and Morty fans too stupid and illiterate to read the rules and post their putrid shit on the appropriate containment board called >>>/co/?

Are the mods too stupid to do their work as well?
I'm sending this thread to g00k indicating the poor quality control on his staff.
>>
>>87597686
White people didnt convince brown people that paler is better. Smelly farmers being darker skinned than their rulers made them think that.
>>
>>87597886
What rule is being broken?
>>
>>87597856
Are you implying that freedom has a literal taste? Go watch the second Simple Rick commercial again.
>>
>>87597858
Great comeback. Not a surprise that illateral idiots like you would be triggered by it.
>>
>>87597789
Parts of it are woke as fuck and some parts are just dumb as fuck and try to have fake depth like that whole stupid jerry divorce muh daddy issues arc.

Point is the show can be legitimately smart when it wants to be but dar Harmon keeps shitposting where he works and actively tried to ruin this show just like he did community.

Glad roiland stuck to his guns and won despite fat retard leftist faggots like Harmon harmontown
>>
File: 1416447880512.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416447880512.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>87597894
The one where you are posting cartoons outside of the cartoon board >>>/co/ which exists for a reason.
So Rick and Morty fanbase does indeed have lower average IQ than most.
>>
A lot of blue checkmarks on twitter are praising the episode tonight for tackling institutional racism, class, and police brutality. Did they really do that?
>>
>>87596799
I would love an atlantis story, but without time travel it would be stupid. Atlantis ain't the little mermaid. I would rather them make quick jokes about it than make a whole episode that ignored the lore of Atlantis.
>>
>>87597886
is this your first day on /tv/? cartoons get discussed here all the time
>>
>>87597895
So you are just making assumptions. I was just checking.
>>
>>87597881
Aren't all Ricks genius? Why would they take regular Ricks?
>>
>>87597844
>calling someone a dipshit when you don't even know how greentext works
LMAO

I was implying that the people I replied to are retarded for thinking white being the beauty standard was a yank/euro thing and not a whole world thing. Fucking spastic.

>>87597872
What? Are you under the impression I'm not a racist or something? I was simply explaining how this episode was about "institutional racism" and it's effects on ethnics.

Christ this board is full of the dumbest reddit cunts lmao
>>
>>87592909
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1920x1088px
>>87597926
>Aren't all Ricks genius?
>>
>>87597886
And bawwwwwcuck horsedick is fine apparently?

I like both shows but your a little taddle tale
>>
>>87597909
That's not a rule newfag.
>>
File: 1416877752833.jpg (6KB, 252x196px) Image search: [Google]
1416877752833.jpg
6KB, 252x196px
>>87597921
And i'm gonna be pointing out all the time that it belongs into the containment cesspool of >>>/co/ instead of here.
>>
>>87597890
See: >>87597929
You fucking retard.

Gotta go do some shit but I'm sure I'll come back to more comedy gold from /tv/'s latest subreddit lmao
>>
>>87597910
Lolooks like they entirety missed the point as did most of this board.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>87597929
>LMAO
I don't even have to respond to the rest of your post. There's your proof I know how greentext works, and proof for everyone else you don't belong here.
>>
>>87597938
Why would he even be made part of the rogue Rick hunting crew? Not very logical, seems to me more like a sloppy writing excuse to get a gag character inserted into the episode.
>>
>>87597909
cartoons overlap into /tv/ territory because it is a television show
>>
>>87597520
So all food is a drug?
>>
File: 1416916559058.png (149KB, 301x397px) Image search: [Google]
1416916559058.png
149KB, 301x397px
This site is not for those under the age of 18.
Please leave cartoonfags, either back to >>>/co/ or off this site.
>>
>>87594840
Name two good TV shows and good episodes. I'll wait.
>>
>>87597961
What was the point?
>>
>>87597189
Previously it was about paternity, the joy of caring for beth.

The new one is about being recognized for your job but keeping you there, a.k.a. a communist's interpretation of capitalism.
>>
File: 1273941621486.jpg (31KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1273941621486.jpg
31KB, 363x310px
>>87594847
>President Morty is more like Obama anyway
>Being this foolish
>>
>>87595153
>I thought I was left-handed morty
>you should use your left hand to eat more vegetables
>not a joke
>>
>>87597977
When's the last time you ate a food that tasted like freedom and was laced with the chemical secretions of a human being subjected to a pleasurable memory over and over again for the rest of their natural life?

Oh right, fucking never.
>>
File: 1417097694374.png (109KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
1417097694374.png
109KB, 300x333px
>>87597973
Anime is also television shows, but it has its own board, and Rick and Shitty has its own board as well >>>/co/ - Comics & Cartoons
>>
>>87598002
At least his public persona, anyway. That's not even debatable.
>>
File: f57.jpg (20KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
f57.jpg
20KB, 300x249px
I still say that R&M is a subtle redpill. Rick's depression and self destructiveness is always closely tied to the atheism nonsense. Also, only high school kids and brainlets immediately associate "evil guy in politics" with Hitler. I thought the political commentary was likable, a lot happened in twenty minutes. Evil Morty hasn't actually done anything evil yet. Meanwhile atheist Rick has committed genocide how many times. Not reddit pasta.
>>
>>87598012
anime also gets posted here a lot
>>
>>87597991
I can definitely tell you that it wasn't police brutality holy shit
>>
>>87598008
>food has no effect on your brain's emotional responses
t. dropped out of highschool
>>
>>87597938
But candidate Morty said that Ricks have identical IQs.
>>
File: nsiuzd1jzpokf22r-medium.jpg (313KB, 592x444px) Image search: [Google]
nsiuzd1jzpokf22r-medium.jpg
313KB, 592x444px
>>87598023
Not in its own threads, else it gets deleted, just like this thread should. Take your cartoon diarrhea to the appropriate board.
>>
>>87598012
christ, just accept that after your first day on /tv/ you don't know how it works here
you're embarrassing yourself right now
>>
>>87597967
>I don't even have to respond to the rest of your post.
Fucking LMAO

Look at the little bitch squeal and cry out "n-no u!" after realising he got utterly humiliated. Too easy sunshine. You are little more than a nigger.
>>
>>87598034
t. someone who doesn't read well and has to create red herrings and greentext misrepresentations of what other people say in order to imitate communicating like a human being
>>
>>87598020
>Evil Morty hasn't actually done anything evil yet.
You mean apart from that time he built a fortress covered with permanently tortured Mortys?
>>
File: 1417297972922.jpg (93KB, 842x356px) Image search: [Google]
1417297972922.jpg
93KB, 842x356px
>>87598051
Why don't you take your underage cartoon puke and post it to the appropriate board child?
Did nobody ever teach you how to be literate to understand how boards work?
>>
>>87597910
Yes, they perpetuated myths about those things.

At the start:"You're trying to sell policeball tickets to a black teenager" as an example of an impossible sell.

It struck me as incredibly racist to black teenagers that weren't thugs would be watching and told that they would never appreciate or support police.

But it fits the whole blackliesmatter myths that cops just care about killing blacks, so they feel validated.
>>
>>87598065
Aww, you got blown completely fuck out in the argument and now you've got nothing left to do but resort to buzzwords and goalpost shifting. Pretty miserable, mate.
>>
>>87595592
How was that lefty?
>>
>>87598059
Boy you sure seem butt flustered right now. Did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>87598048
>Not in its own threads
yes they do, and they usually only get deleted because people don't post in them
>>
Can someone explain to me how 4chan is somehow so much more stupid than reddit?

Do you people deliberately misunderstand everything and look at things with just a surface level understanding and call it a day?

I don't understand how you can manage to find a lower bar than reddit and consistently hit it.
>>
>>87597789
It's good satire and social commentary. Yes a 14yo can get it just the same they can get south park. It's not "intelligent" but that doesn't mean it's not good or entertaining.

Even then, there are plenty of people too stupid to understand it, as seen in any r&m thread.
>>
>>87598088
>talks about buzzwords and goalpost shifting
>while using the word buzzword AS a buzzword and immediately misrepresenting another person's argument into a greentext caricature
I'm not sure I can match how many layers of irony you're on, but boy I sure can feel real tempted to believe you are actually taking this seriously right now.
>>
>>87598051
>d-dude y-you don't fit in, no one fits in better than me.... n-newfag....
>*posts in all lowercase with no punctuation*
>*gulps nervously and wipes sweat from brow*
>>
>>87597814
it had a plot about evil mortys plot to take control. It was a plot within a plot.
>>
>>87598020
There are people on this board so stupid they can't grasp that the nihilistic things that Rick says are a direct result of emotional trauma, alcohol induced detachment, depression and that he's a person to be pitied.

That stupid.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why would someone who built (even if not fully functioning) portal gun be some shitty worker if he can be literal god on his home planet?
>>
>>87598088
digits confirm, he mad
>>
>>87598102
Because of all the retards, idiotic stormfronters and unironical trumpists neo/pol/ dragged here. A lot of the posters are Eastern Europe scum.
>>
File: god is not very nice.jpg (225KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
god is not very nice.jpg
225KB, 760x596px
>>87598153
>Rick is saved by Providence in A Rickle In Time and Pickle Rick
>people say the show is nihilistic
>>
You know how I know Rick & Morty is a truly intelligent show? The fact that it gets talked about more than almost any other program here on /tv/. If it were just some dumb cartoon people would say "that's dumb" and then move on with their lives. The quantity and intensity of the discussion here are the proof that it's a high-concept, intellectual entertainment experience that flies over the heads of the easily-aggravated bottom feeders who can't or refuse to grasp the importance of the social commentary being delivered. This show defines the time better than any other and those who don't get it are being left behind and replaced like the archaic relics they are.
>>
>>87598020
Not really. You're watching it from your own perspective. From your own perspective you can contextualise anything as redpill (as we always consider ourselves mostly redpill) and anything that deviates is stupid and therefor not redpill and therefor a redpill by showing that deviations are stupid.

Instead you have to look at how people from different world views would view it.

This episode perpetuates the idea that black teenagers and cops can't get along, that very talented people would work in factories, that schools are mostly brainwashing into subservience.

I consider the last somewhat true for the US, but that's my point: you have to strip the ideas presented, look at how accurate they are and use that to judge.
>>
>>87598188
Trump was the only choice for candidate if you had any understanding of politics.

All you did was do the libshit thing and associate stupidity with your political enemy.

You didn't answer my question. I need to know how the people of this site are so dumb. Dumber than the second dumbest site, reddit.
>>
>>87598161
Who says he built it? Maybe he stole it. Who knows how many loose portal guns there are out there? So many Ricks died in the first episode of this season there's got to be a shitload of them out there.
>>
>>87598214
It doesn't prove it's intelligent. Just something that stirs discussion. If north korea blows up japan that wouldn't be intelligent.

But everybody would be talking about it.
>>
>>87598214
>The fact that it gets talked about more than almost any other program here on /tv/.
So is Bane scene.
RaM is talked about because of how pretentious it is.
>>
>>87598218
Well in the last episode when the toxic-rick was spreading his toxicity across the planet, it immediately turned the church into atheists. That seemed like a pretty clear message to me.
>>
File: 1417511540617.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1417511540617.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>87598218
>black teenagers and cops can't get along
But they do get along.
Black teenagers like killing other black teenagers the most and seeing cops arrest other blacks makes them happy.
>>
>>87595854
I thought it was good. A bit all over the place in some places but otherwise funny and well-paced. Would have been better as two episodes. Frankly I'm surprised all the different themes fit into the same 22 minute episode.

Also Simple Rick's commercials were fucking genius
>>
>>87598020
It is a redpill. Just look at Anatomy Park outlying how ridiculous political correctness can get. Meanwhile you have people thinking that it's promoting being a cuck when it does the very opposite.
>>
>>87598238
>Trump was the only choice for candidate if you had any understanding of politics.
This, even if you hate him because MTV and Buzzfeed told you to, he's the only one who wasn't an obviously corrupt criminal oligarch with a rap sheet a mile long, or a communist.
>>
>>87598196
>Providence
Lol. Keep telling yourself that, you clown
>>
>>87598275
>Would have been better as two episodes.
definitely disagree, one of the things that makes great tv great is fast pacing with a lot packed into a small amount of time. that isn't to say I prefer rushing, but when i think of the better simpsons episodes, for example, you couldnt go five seconds without a top tier joke made of several other jokes at once
>>
>>87598315
Congratulations, your post's complete lack of relevance or meaning has impressed me to the point where I shall grant you one (1) (You).
>>
>>87598265
Honest wuestion: what message was that?

That Rick inflicts misery, atheism and nihilism on people? And that these things go hand in hand?
>>
>>87598238
Reread my post. I answered it.
>>
>>87598334
Kindly point out your "providence" that was displayed in the episode, little nigger
>inb4 it's just coincidence and was never marked as anything like providence
>>
>>87598327
The episodes prior to this were filled with stupid rushing. The worst rushed plotlines I've ever seen really.

This episode was executed perfectly, however. Really, only the assassination scene felt rushed. Felt like they could have built that up a bit more. Other than that, it's really impressive.
>>
>>87598265
>>87598348
The toxicity shit works on the basis of the individual's perception of toxicity. The toxic part of Rick wants to inflict his traumatic experiences on others, like being forcefully separated from all the best parts of yourself or, if you prefer, being stuck in a toxic hellhole in general.

The Christians became homosexual orgiestic atheists because that was their personal version of toxicity, just like the people eating salads ran into the fast food joint and the one in the fast food joint just started eating out of the garbage.

You guys are focusing your lens too hard, you're forgetting the narrative context.
>>87598386
>Rick is literally praying for mercy in a Rickle in Time
>"point out your 'providence'"
You're pretty dense.
>>
>>87598265
It also turned the babies into murderers.

Do you think the show thinks all babies are hiding their sociopathic bloodlust?

Fucking retard. USE YOUR BRAIN. THINK FOR 5 SECONDS.
>>
>>87596477
I saw that stuff before I watched the episode and was in the same situation. After I watched it, I had my own interpretation. It's really good.
>>
>>87598348
Well these are subliminal messages, right, so there's no one specific way to say what the message was. Misery and atheism were correlated, even by the brightness/darkness of the scenes.
>>
>>87596615
They had their portal guns taken away. It's a major theme running through the episode and referenced in at least 3 different situations:

>factory rick demands portal gun
>locos morty rick making bootleg portal gun
>evil morty explicitly saying ricks had their portal guns taken away
>>
>>87598428
Using /tv/ to gauge whether or not something is good is the dumbest thing you could do. /tv/ exists only to hate things that are popular. To poke holes in the cultural Zeitgeist that they are outcasts of.

If /tv/ does enjoy something, they only do it so it can out Anons who still feel positive emotions and then hate them for it.
>>
>>87598090
>n-no u
>u-umad
LMAO keep deflecting
>>
>>87598659
I guess that's a yes.
>>
>>87598673
It's okay to be embarrassed buddy. It's only 4chan. Maybe you're confused and think you're still on reddit or something. Prove me right with another "u-umad"
>>
>>87598698
You're the only one who keeps saying that.
>>
>>87598415
The self-identified toxic part of Rick.

I mean that episode was flawed in thinking through the toxic part.

The toxic part of rick is a scientific genius and has a passion for it and the healthy part of Rick doesn't, and is also naive?

I find it hard to believe Rick views himself that way.

Also, neither seem to be fun/party loving. In fact that seems to be gone from his personality after S03E01. Guess he did need those improv routines.
>>
>>87598260
The vehicle for the attention in that case would be nuclear weapon.

The vehicle for rick and morty to grab attention is words, sounds and images.

People are spending hours talking and arguing about a string of words, sounds and images. So there must be something there.

This happens in a context. One reason it's generating so much attention is that the show is having a rocky season. So the discussion is fueled by people who love to hate rick and morty coming out of the woodwork, rallying those who are on the fence about it and those who loved it, against those who defend it regardless of how shit it's becoming.

The fact that this episode was actually pretty good is prolonging this battle. The show still has a heart beat, but I think many of the fans consider it on life support. Another two episodes as bad as 2 or 3 or 4 may cement this opinion. It's frustrating to love a thing and watch it be butchered.
>>
>>87598715
>n-no u
>again
This is embarrassing even for reddit
>>
>>87598749
See maybe you just don't get it. This is indicative of your entire problem. You read what someone else says, reduce it to a level of cartoonish retardation in your head, and then argue against that. You need help.
>>
>>87598774
>See maybe you just don't get it. This is indicative of your entire problem. You read what someone else says, reduce it to a level of cartoonish retardation in your head, and then argue against that. You need help.
>Boy you sure seem butt flustered right now. Did I hurt your feelings?
lmao
>>
>>87598314
I mean, if I were murrican I would have voted Trump, but he too went on Epstein's plane ride and he made money in real estate, which is one of those sectors where you have to get your hands dirty. Of course he is a corrupt oligarch. Just a shorter rap sheet.

And considering how hard the corrupt media rails against him, obviously the best choice among visible candidates.
>>
>>87598806
Yeah I correctly interpreted your answer to my question as "yes" several posts ago. Did you forget?
>>
>>87598503
Yeah I agree. But still, when liberals are praising something, that can turn you off to it. They praised Bill Nye's show for instance. Those types praising something triggers that part of my brain that says, "Oh, if they like it, then it must be stupid, lifeless, cringy, pandering bullshit with no substance and a faux morality wielded like a club against ideological enemies". And this happens for things on the right as well. If those guys praise something, like MDE, then I think the same thing. It's a helpful way to navigate the world with so much content and so little time. But in this case, rick and morty has done too much good stuff in the past to prevent me from forming my own opinion.
>>
>>87598744
You mean the disagreement over the episode is prolonging the battle.

This is just "did you see a blue or gold" dress. That's not proof of intelligence, that's just seeing something different.

And that may well be because either side is stupid and just lack the perspective to see it.

Since good or bad is subjective, it's not worth talking about. But the episode wasn't intelligent in any way. Please describe what was intelligent about this episode.
>>
>>87598860
>See maybe you just don't get it. This is indicative of your entire problem. You read what someone else says, reduce it to a level of cartoonish retardation in your head, and then argue against that. You need help.
>>
>>87598899
Used to date a liberal when I was apolitical. Would be ecstatic about something that confirmed leftist ideology, whether any value was in it otherwise or not. They're conditioned to find joy in pushing leftist lies.
>>
>>87598926
So what you're saying is, you didn't post this:
>Look at the little bitch squeal and cry out "n-no u!" after realising he got utterly humiliated. Too easy sunshine. You are little more than a nigger.
That entire line of text bleeds pure rectal discomfort.
>>
>>87595853
The fuck is wrong with you? This episode was great, really fucking great, but no work is ever perfect. Have a discussion, don't just dismiss everyone as hater who doesn't like everything

>>87596085
yeah, i agree. Remember that rick that was clearly Hillary? And all the other Trump iconic moments? or you know it could be just "evil dude comes to power by pretending to be nice"
neck yourself retard

>>87596477
story about ONE morty (ie "black") cop that is crooked abusing other mortys and one rick ("white") cop that is repulsed by it. Yup such rascisum, not at all a story about a crooked cop.
>>
>>87598899
I hate liberals too. I avoid most television and film for this reason.

Don't buy into a false dichotomy and believe this makes 4chan a discerning group of people.

4chan has become a place where teens and normies come to spew their hate and bile. Nothing more. That /pol/ and /tv/ sometimes get it right can be chalked up to the fact that liberals and mass media are almost always wrong.
>>
>>87597967
>posts proof he doesn't understand greentext

Lurk moar
>>
>>87598988
>4chan has become a place where teens and normies come to spew their hate and bile

I would rather say, 4chan has become a place where not everybody is a teen anymore.
>>
>>87598978
>back to "u-umad"
I accept your concession of defeat.
>>
>>87599054
Good for you, now I can stop replying to your dumb ass.
>>
>>87596675
Imagine if our morty had to "detox" himself again so he could fight against evil morty. Psychopaths and all
>>
>>87599064
And yet you're still going. It's almost like you're rectally bleeding or something :^)
>>
>>87596749
>blue collar workers
>nobility
yup, seems right
>>
>>87598921
Sheer amount of content. Ten minutes in felt like a long time.

Simple Rick commercial and twist at the end

Cop Morty

Good atmosphere and environment

Great architecture and pacing

Lots of interesting scenes: cop morty's shooting at each other, candidate morty killing oligarchs, cop morty talking to street mortys, cop mortys ending up shooting each other. Virtually every scene packed into this episode is interesting/funny in some way, except for the school morty's which were pretty dumb

Bad stuff:

1) Ham-fisted writing at some points, reducing political complexities of constructing and navigating a self-reliant hierarchy to "Big bad gov't gone and dun them pples wrong, baka senpai, what about dem workers"

2) Underwhelming staying power of certain scenes due to brevity, rushed/incomplete feeling at certain moments, especially the debate and candidate morty's assassination, and with the school morty's entire plotline... speaking of which

3) the entire school morty's plotline, dialogue and characters.
>>
>>87599075
Not so sure about that. Despite his supposedly sociopathic traits as a stock broker he never killed anybody. All he did was sell a big stock that might not be reliable for a big commission.
>>87599109
Yeah it turns out that the nobility have jobs and responsibilities too. Shocking.
>>
>>87596750
most of there are "cuz storytelling"
although:
cop morty says "... no Ricks, no familys" so maybe the mortys that are in the citadel either had their world/family destroyed or really want to go on adventures, but aren't cut out to be sidekicks so they rebel
That Rick failed to make the portal fluid because he was high as fuck
Your last two questions kinda contradict each other, it can only be one or the other, but i don't know the answer
>>
>>87599115
>Lots of interesting scenes: cop morty's shooting at each other, candidate morty killing oligarchs, cop morty talking to street mortys, cop mortys ending up shooting each other. Virtually every scene packed into this episode is interesting/funny in some way

Holy fuck, people like you exist. Basic dirty cop threatens perp is interesting/funny?

Dr evil, I mean morty killing underlings is interesting?

It was all so formulaic and predictable. Where is Morty being raped on a toilet scene? Paying schmeckels for a fucking slugride?

It may have been dumb shock humor mostly, but at least it had jokes.

Now every rick and morty discussion will be about politics and it won't even be interesting mostly, because it didn't bring any new ideas.
>>
>>87599450
To be fair, you're referencing one of the greatest episodes of the show. We are in the dark times of the show. I'll take anything that just makes sense and tries to be funny.
>>
File: wuuuz.jpg (25KB, 389x430px) Image search: [Google]
wuuuz.jpg
25KB, 389x430px
>>87599133
yup now that i think about it, it could be, because nobility doens't mean castles and "my family is rich". instead it means "I enjoy a higher social status" but still it would seem that racial commentary is far more likely with all the other references (the cop storyline being the most obvious one). Also pic related
>>
>>87599599
>but still it would seem that racial commentary is far more likely with all the other references
Yeah I'd agree with that, but it certainly applies to other social class distinctions as well. It's not just about disparity between equals but between two types of groups who are very different living as equals despite obviously not being equal to eachother in any way.

I've seen very few race-based plot points that do it as tastefully as this.
>>
>>87599599

we
wuz
kangz
n
sheet
>>
>>87599805
That's a Kilroy reference.
>>
>>87599516
True dat.

I'm just hoping for a sketch episode, it would at least bring something funny. Or heck, I think I would prefer a callback episode. "Remember that time when rick kicked morty". Would still be better than this tripe.

Now that I think about it, this feels exactly like that kinda episode.
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.