[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 417
Thread images: 62

File: Judys.jpg (3MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Judys.jpg
3MB, 3000x1688px
Judy's Edition

Lynched >>87291130
>>
>no set design, empty, no life
>no interesting ideas for storylines
>no acting (Horse, Bell, Lynch, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>no characters (one-dimensional at best)
>characters introduced for no purpose
>storylines introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>roadhouse scenes/songs
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters shown walking up stairs completely)
>stretched needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, "deep" or complex
>somehow the best thing in tv history
If you need something to compare it to that doesn't have those problems, try the original Twin Peaks. I have hope you will be able too acquire some taste, too.
>>
New Kyle interview

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a57242/kyle-maclachlan-twin-peaks-the-return-2017-interview/
>>
>>87292298
nice copypasta
>>
the cooper/diane sex scene is about how he also ruined that relationship because now all she can see is dopplecooper raping her
>>
The saddest part of all of this was how Diane just ceased to exist once the new reality finally took hold.

She's been with Cooper since the very beginning and she's clearly someone he loves very much, just going by his reaction to finally reuniting with her, and the first time they finally get to be together again she disappears from reality or (even worse if you believe in this reddit theory) she was overwritten by a new personality and just forgot about him.

That's what bothers me the most about this ending.
>>
File: garmonbozia.png (583KB, 786x772px) Image search: [Google]
garmonbozia.png
583KB, 786x772px
I'm fully convinced people are telling themselves this was great because they want it to be. Where is the brilliance of this show besides KM? I just felt bitter and had to finish it off because I had already sunk so much time watching it this summer. When the show was being twin peaks it was a lot of weird creepy fun but so many parts were unnecessarily long winded and just dragged on forever. So much of this show could of been cut because it was just filler. I didn't expect everything to be tied up in a nice little bow tie but I wasn't expecting a big F U either. It was entirely unsatisfying and I'm just pissed I wasted so much time and money on this. If they just ended it with episode 17 I would of been slightly ok with it but fuck episode 18.
>>
.... it actually sucked, wow
>>
File: Diane.jpg (2MB, 3000x1683px) Image search: [Google]
Diane.jpg
2MB, 3000x1683px
>>87292334
this.
>>
There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story.
>>
Fucking hell Sheryl Lee's scream is still bone-chilling after all these years.
>>
why does judy care what happens to laura? Who cares if she escapes?

You are a god and no one can stop you, in this reality or the next
>>
>>87292343

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Episode 18, normie? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the College of Fine Arts, and I’ve been involved in numerous Lynch movie-marathons, and I have seen Mulholland Drive over 300 times. I am educated in dugpa symbolism and I own the biggest Twin Peaks memorabilia collection in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another normie. You think you can get away with saying that shit about Episode 18 over the Internet? Think again, trucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of fans across the USA and your Showtime account is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call Cherry Pie. You’re going straight to the Black Lodge, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can shit-talk your opinion in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively experienced in posting opinions about Twin Peaks lore, but I have access to the entire history of the Dugpa Forums and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment about how "Episode 18 wasn't a satisfying or coherent finale to the series." was going to bring, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn tulpa. After I'm done, you'll regret you've ever seen anything directed by Lynch. Get a life, punk.
>>
>>87292284
>man i sure am hungry
>judys huh? hope they have coffee
>screech *knocks over trash can*
>doorbell
>wow this decor is a travesty.
>at least the coffee is good. mmmmmmm
>sir time to pay your fucking bill
>no YOU pay my fucking bill
>hey how much for those fries?
>>
File: 1487836088105.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487836088105.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for (or was trying to go for). I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. They're the crude oil running through the veins of our inner sanctum. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator, and, most importantly, a human. What his eyes saw and what he tried to reflect. Through the works so brilliantly parodied by him that go beyond a subconscious mind.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.
>>
>the people defending the ending are the kind of retards that spout words like "kino" unironically.
Truly the sign of a superior intellect
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-03-23h51m45s758.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-03-23h51m45s758.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>87292362
That whole scene sent shivers down my spine. As soon as Cooper sad "What year is it" My whole body was like almost shaking and then Laura screaming. Jesus christ.
>>
Did we ever find out who made Dougie in the first place? Everyone assumed it was Dopplecoop, but why would he make Dougie? Everyone assumed Dougie was somehow protecting Dopplecoop from going back in the lodge... that didn't really seem true.

What was Naido scared of in the purple zone that was banging on a door?
>>
>>87292360
although it is very obvious, I appreciate the humor behind this bait
>>
sped up voice during the Jumping Man's scene
https://clyp.it/hvhe2an1
>>
>>87292365
Obviously Laura can stop her, she was specifically created for that purpose.
>>
>>87292357
Anyone else laugh at Diane's Ronald Mcdonald hair?
The second Diane walking out from the pillar was pretty spooky though, reminded me of Inland Empire, any reddit explanations for the second Diane at the motel?
>>
>>87292365
>You are a god and no one can stop you, in this reality or the next

>Forgetting about the based Fireman
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 1280x1024px
WTF did I just watch?? Wh-, uh, help? Did I get mega LYNCHED?
>>
>>87292284
Why is reddit insisting the ending is only bad for Cooper? He didn't save anyone - they literally don't exist, and it's certainly not multiverse related. There's only one world, and the 'unseen' world (where the lodges sit), otherwise called a parallel dimension. Coop saved Laura but didn't know he did (hence the body disappearing off the beach), but he still went to Jeffries so he could go back to 'save' her, when in reality he was being followed by Judy and brought her along with him.
>>
File: cooptrappedinhellforever.gif (2MB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
cooptrappedinhellforever.gif
2MB, 540x280px
>unconditionally loving, kind and forgiving, even when it comes to murderers and demons
>selflessly risks his life on multiple occasions to save innocent lives
>willing to trade his own soul to save the woman he loves, and rewrite history to save an abused girl he barely knows but knows is suffering horribly
>is rewarded by being trapped in a literal hell dimension for 25 years while a monster with his face goes on a rampage
>then has everything and everyone he's ever loved erased from existence
>all because he tried to do the right thing
>now he's trapped in ANOTHER hellish reality for eternity
Why the fuck does Lynch hate him so much?
>>
time travel going wrong is so lazy. so is "it's just a dream". come on lynch
>>
>tfw you expected the episode would come out this way
>>
File: images-4.jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
10KB, 183x275px
The memes and pasta in these threads are the only cure for getting LYNCHED
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-04-03h10m59s056.png (163KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-04-03h10m59s056.png
163KB, 1280x738px
>>
>>87292412
visualizing herself getting the fuck out of there
>>
>>87292340
I lost my grandma to Alzheimer when I was 9

She physically died when I was 19

She was my only bastion against the demonic behavior of my parents

Things are taken from you, anon. Without explanation.
>>
I JUST REALIZED A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:
If mother/Judy created bob, how come he is looking for her? Why doesn't he know who she is?
>>
>>87292402
He made Dougie so that when Cooper tried to escape the lodge, he would take Dougie's place instead of his. And it worked.
>>
Just watched the final.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTELY FUCKING WORST FUCKING FINAL I HAVE EVER FUCKING WATCHED

FUCK ALL OF YOU AND ESPECIALLY FUCK LYNCH YOU FUCKING CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>87292432
It's a dream world not a dream. Learn the difference.
>>
>>87292391
seeing >>>87292284
alone just makes me sad. We could've had a great ending. And while by no means it was bad. It's still just seem lackluster
>>
>>87292447
so confirmed?
>>
Why put the guns in the fryer?

Also Diane lodge backstory comes simply from tulpa Diane? Who else said this? I feel like I missed a part.
>>
>>87292419
No, everyone in the old world still exists. All he did was create a Back to the Future 2 style timeline that branched off from the main one.
>>
>>87292465
:(
>>
>>87292401
We definitely got baited into a false sense of security from the high energy from coops return

Never expected coop to make a mistake this time around
>>
>>87292419
>checking Reddit
Out. Now.
>>
>>87292412
clowns are scary. We might have uncovered one of Lynch's childhood traumas

>>87292435
and I still am let down

>>87292453
So you're 28 now?
>>
So, Cooper went to another timeline?
>>
I'm a bit ashamed to say that even after all the stream of consciousness styled narrative and tonal twists, a million side plots and call backs and expanding mythos, I never expected the show to end up being about Laura Palmer again. I'm having a hard time reconciling the first 16 episodes with the last two because they're so unlike the rest in content
>>
The ending felt a lot like the ending of Mulholland Drive, just without the last half an hour that explains what everything meant.
>>
I enjoyed the ride but the ending left too much ambiguous or ignored amd it doesnt feel like an ending. I love lynch's style but he should have just been more direct. 17 was great because the plot progressed and we got to see the fantastical elements that make Twin Peaks worth it.
>>
>>87292459
If Judy was in Sarah since 1957, why didn't Bob do something about her while they lived together for 20+ years?
>>
>>87292508

Timeline in which Laura Palmer never died, so Coop never went to Twin Peaks
>>
>>87292494
And FUCK YOU especially.
>>
>>87292401
The whole drive to Twin Peaks starting from the car following them all the way to their arrival you could feel the tension hard. Then you get a brief reprieve when that woman answers the door and talks to Cooper, only for it to end in such a horrifying way.

Timing Laura's scream with all the lights exploding into darkness has got to be one of Lynch's best shots ever.
>>
File: awf.jpg (109KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
awf.jpg
109KB, 767x767px
>>87292284
whatever technique they used to have young laura palmer meet cooper really worked. going to assume it was really good makeup and CGI.
seeing pete go fishing also hurt.
>>
Things that were good:

- Grace Zabriskie
- Naomi Watts
- Woodsmen
- Bobby
- Episode 8
- Albert and Gordon
- Carl Rodd
- Mitchum Brothers/Candie
- Judy plotline
- edgy Richard Horne

Things which were shitty:

- Diane
- entire Dougie plotline
- Hutch and Chantelle
- Roadhouse nonsense
- the mandatory LYNCHED scene each ep where nothing happens for 5 minutes
- Shelly
- Steven and Becky
>>
>>87292419
implied that coop is still present in the suspended twin peaks-verse right? so it still exists technically because we see Dougie show up. He needed to jump around to save Laura and nail Judy.
>>
>>87292419
You need to go back

>>87292387
Is this real?
>>
>>87292365
Laura may be her antithesis, she was created by the Fireman and his lady friend after witnessing the birth of BOB

We still have no idea how powerful she is, so Laura might have some kind of magical White Lodge mojo.
>>
>>87292508
No he is in a dream world. Isn't this obvious? Rewatch the episode you will see it is clearly a dream world.
>>
>>87292412
she's rei
>>
>>87292484
>Why put the guns in the fryer?
Guns + Fried Food = AMURICUH
based Frost
>>
>>87292497
>that overlaid image of Coop's agonized face over the happy scenes in the sheriff's department
>turns out it's Coop realizing in the future just how badly he screwed up and breaking down because of it
>>
File: DougieClap.webm (935KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DougieClap.webm
935KB, 1280x720px
>>87292541
>- entire Dougie plotline
"no"
>>
>>87292538
Yeah, after seeing the crap CGI of the rest of S3, I was genuinely surprised they pulled off something that good.

Was really a seamless effect.
>>
>tfw didn't realize I was going to get LYNCHED until the final 5 minutes
>>
File: 1502101494299.jpg (407KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502101494299.jpg
407KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87292508
no. he changed the past, so that the future was different. there is nothing indicating a second timeline.

>>87292524
because it wasn't until recently that judy possessed sarah. judy was terrorizing diane as a faceless monster. who was it that made that box to trap judy, funding that site where they had someone sit in front of several cameras?
>>
I can accept the grim alternate timeline ending

What I can't accept is building badcoop up the whole season just to have him shot in the back, then having that shitshow of a fight between Bob vs Green glove guy

Lynch really doesn't give a shit about narrative I guess
>>
>>87292484
So the rednecks can't just grab them as soon as he exits the diner and start firing at him as he leaves
>>
>>87292538
it looked like a completely different person though. It still worked but you could tell it was some look alike chick.
>>
File: CooperHug.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CooperHug.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Cooper: This is all new to you, isn't it?

>Annie: I feel constantly amazed, stunned. Music and people, the way they talk and laugh, and the way some of them are so clearly in love. It's like a foreign language to me. I know just enough of the words to realize how little I understand.

>Cooper: Man, I would love to see the world through your eyes.

Reminder Coopers happy life was Dougie. Once he woke up he was running out of sand. He knew this. That's why he made the spare Dougie. There was no coming back.
>>
>>87292573
Fairly sure it was "crappy" on purpose anon.
>>
>>87292575
I checked the time left for the ep when they got in the car to drive to Twin Peaks. When it read "1o mins left" I knew the LYNCHING was inevitable.
>>
>>87292447
that's not rewinding, it's a sped up voice, the same voice is sped up in his new scene. Here it is slowed down
https://clyp.it/hvhe2an1
>>
so what is more likely:

>Season 3 is mostly David Lynch's story and the (kept) contributions were few and far between

or

>As it turns out, Frost is a bit of a madman himself
>>
>>87292524

I'm still trying to figure out where you guys got the idea Sarah has anything to do with Judy. Everything we see of Sarah implies she's inhabited by the jumping man like Leland was inhabited by Bob. Judy doesn't inhabit anyone, her offspring do.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-04-17h43m21s214.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-04-17h43m21s214.png
1MB, 1280x720px
think I got it lads
Diane was always the dreamer; that's why the series started out with cooper narrating everything to her
in reality diane's name is linda and she had a crush on someone called "richard" who looked like cooper, so she went to bed one night and dreamt up this story between him and a waitress she met one time (carrie page)
her dream ended and laura palmer's began
it's why she's wearing night clothes, lucy giving them to her was just her mind incorporating it as part of the dream
>>
>>87292541
>Albert and Gordon
I thought they were both shadows of their former selves. I hated every scene of their non-investigation.
>>
>>87292603
that was lame/awful as fuck

remember how bad it looked when british boy punched the ground and fire came out?
>>
>>87292612
yeah but before he 'came back' dougie was some fat cheating slob addicted to gambling who his family hated
>>
>>87292628
This was all Frost. That last episode was a lorefest and most people won't admit it yet but it's true.
>>
>>87292601

This Must be another timeline, if it was the same timeline he would've disappeared
>>
Coop himself literally said to everyone in the Sheriff's station that they live inside of a dream. Technically none of it's real. The only over arching entities are Judy/Lodgers. (Tremonds)
>>
the second coop's faced was superimposed over the "bob is dead" celebration scene i knew coop's fate would be fucked
>>
>>87292627

Why are you addressing me as if I created the official subtitles?
>>
File: image.gif (222KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
222KB, 250x250px
>>87292575
This. I thought I was only 25 mins in but there was only 5 mins left.

>mfw
>>
>>87292541
Was Steven a tulpa? What was going on with all that? Was The Roadhouse even real? Was modern day Twin Peaks at all?
>>
>>87292647
Stop trying to make sense of it.
>>
So things that were not in any way related to anything:

- Everything at the Roadhouse at all
- Red & Sparkle (seriously who the fuck was Red)
- Becky & Dipshit
- LITERALLY the entire Horne Family
- Audrey & Charlie
- Who IS Judy?
- Richard & Linda
- The Box
- Pretty much ALL of Dougie's Storyline

And that's not including how Dale literally walks out on his own narrative to try to save Laura, which doesn't work for confusing & generally unexplained reasons.
>>
>>87292601
>there is nothing indicating a second timeline
The new Dougie goes back to Janey-E's house. That implies the old reality still exists co-currently with the new one.
>>
So:

Richard Is Audrey+Booper son

Linda Is Diane+Booper son?
>>
>>87292497
Agreed. I actually thought he might get a happy ending.

Wew lad did we all get lynched.
>>
>>87292665
yep this instilled a sense of dread into the scene
>>
>>87292657
How was he cheating at gambling though?
>>
>>87292687
>he doesn't realize how audrey is related
feel bad for you senpai
>>
>>87292687
>Red & Sparkle (seriously who the fuck was Red)
this one bugs me I thought red was interesting
>>
>>87292687

ONE ONE NINE
>>
>>87292551

>Laura created by the fireman

In which episode does this happens?
>>
>>87292697
bitch did you watch the episode
>>
>>87290108
lol
>>
>>87292680
literally what happened though
the only "real" scene in the entire show is cooper and laura talking in the red room and kissing
diane witnessed it and concocted this whole dream sequence to pretend they weren't a couple so she could have richard/cooper for herself
>>
>>87292688
but that happens before Laura Palmer's death is reversed
>>
>>87292657
He wasn't cheating, he was just bad. If you do bad, you rack up a debt. If you cheat, they just bludgeon your head in & leave in a dumpster.
>>
>>87292739
gotta light?
>>
The timeline we are familiar with is literally nothing but a dream

richard and linda land is reality
>>
>>87292711
i meant cheating on his wife
>>
File: boiz.png (277KB, 534x456px) Image search: [Google]
boiz.png
277KB, 534x456px
So you're telling me... Coop... fucked up?
>>
File: thJR16QX7E.jpg (12KB, 211x199px) Image search: [Google]
thJR16QX7E.jpg
12KB, 211x199px
>>87292687
>- Who IS Judy?
Well now...
>>
>>87292658
>T-THE ENDING WAS GREAT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING A-ABOUT HAHA L-L-LYNCHED
>...THIS IS ALL FROST'S FAULT, IT'S TRUE, LYNCH WOULD'VE WROTE A BETTER ENDING
You people really love Lynch's balls in your mouth, don't you? Can't you admit that maybe each of them had an equal hand in what went wrong?
>>
>>87292688
This, that would have been pointless if that entire universe got destroyed.
>>
>>87292680
Why not? That's literally what lynch likes people to do, while having no answer be the definitive 'correct' one. This is really interesting.
>>
>>87292739
the episode that starts with the atomic explosion
>>
>>87292729
I got as far as "Audrey is probably in the Black Lodge" or is involved in this parallel world shit. Otherwise, it's pretty poorly explained.
>>
>>87292752
It happens in episode 18. After they show her death being reversed in 17.
>>
>>87292604
He's wearing a coat with pockets though. Seems like kind of a waste and very un law enforcement like. Unless this has something to do with the smell of motor oil.
>>
>tfw no closure

I've seen all of David Lynch shit, and I've never felt this LYNCHED ever.
>>
File: 05MS-MACLACHLAN7-WEB-master1050.jpg (104KB, 1050x1312px) Image search: [Google]
05MS-MACLACHLAN7-WEB-master1050.jpg
104KB, 1050x1312px
>>87292772
nothing went wrong. the ending was great.

this is like the sopranos ending all over again.

pro tip: if you disliked the sopranos ending you had shit taste
>>
File: CoKPWj4W8AAYHik.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CoKPWj4W8AAYHik.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
>>
>>87292758
How did he get the FBI card or know about Laura? Why did we hear Sarah in the real world?
>>
who else here can't sleep because the last scene

it keeps running through my mind, probably one of the most terrifying and haunting things I've ever seen on TV
>>
Is Mrs Tremond actually Judy?
>>
>>87292768
So who does everyone think Judy was originalyl supposed to be before Lynch/Frost decided on this newest thing that judy=judah the ultimate evil.
>>
>>87292772
I am saying Frost is the true genius of Twin Peaks.
>>
File: AK031W5.png (263KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
AK031W5.png
263KB, 500x597px
>it's slippery in here
>>
>>87292813
I think the real question is if Alice Tremond lives is played by the woman who actually lives at the Palmer House, does that mean that Cooper is here in THIS real world?
>>
>>87292806
how did the sopranos end for someone who doesn't watch shit television?
>>
File: harry truman.jpg (16KB, 350x349px) Image search: [Google]
harry truman.jpg
16KB, 350x349px
>Coop, what are you doing
>Coop, at least stop by the hospital so we can talk
>Coop, please don't erase me from history
>Coop, stop
>>
in truth, cooper got shitfaced on some of red's artificial drugs and dreamt the entire show
eventually he forgot he was even richard and believed himself to be an fbi agent and drove some random woman across the country based on his delusions
>>
>>87292824
That was a cheeky line of dialogue.
>>
>>87292492
There is no 'old world'. Cooper fucked everything up by going back. This is why Diane was so worried and he himself said 'we won't know what I will be like'. Cooper thought he was going back in time linearly - like how you rewind a tape - but we get shown that's anything but the case. For whatever reason, everyone he knew doesn't exist (except Gordon), and 'Laura' isn't actually herself, it's just someone that looks like her. And when 'Laura' asked if they were being followed on the freeway, they were - Judy followed Cooper into the past. Why do you think he freaks out and asks what year this is? Jeffries, Mike, etc aren't his fucking bros and they certainly have no reason to be 100% honest and helpful.
>>
>>87292818
I must be missing something, that last scene was deflating and sad, but not scary to me
>>
>>87292820

Mrs Tremond is Mrs Chalfont

Judy is Sneed
>>
>>87292821
A common theory was that 'Judy was to Jeffries as Laura was to Cooper'.
>>
>>87292298
Go watch reruns of Northern Exposure, you casual.
>>
>>87292806
Sopranos ending had impact though. I'm sorry but purely from a kino standpoint there wasn't quite that level of professionalism. At least taken this episode alone
>>
>>87292806
Agreed. I'm surprised that so many people are acting surprised by this too. It is bringing people out of the woodwork who wanted an excuse to hate it though.
>>
>>87292820
i don't think so. i think judy's possessing someone in the house though. if Mrs. Tremond was Judy, she wouldn't have calmly talked with Laura Palmer standing there
>>
diane looked so fucking sexy in the last episode
>>
>>87292687
why do any of these things need to be related?
>>
>>87292821
Probably no one. I think the entire convenience store/Phillip Jeffries scene from FWWM was pure surreal drivel they somehow tried to construct a story with in S3.
>>
>Reddit fags actually expecting to avoid a LYNCHING
Why the fuck did they even tune in? Enjoy your two year wait for your last 6 eps of GOT
>>
>>87292800
There IS closure, stop spreading this fucking meme around. BOB and the doppelganger were defeated, Twin Peaks was saved from whatever horrible fate they were planning from it, then Cooper goes and fucks everything up by rewriting reality, it doesn't go like he planned and he and Laura are stuck in whatever new dimension he created.

The problem is that it's an incredibly grim, cruel ending knowing that THIS is the last time we'll ever see these characters, ever. It begs for another season but we won't get one.
>>
lmbo at Richard Horne and wheelchair linda red herrings. Mike and Bobby all over again. I guess it is happening again.
>>
>Lynch went full Jojo's Stone Ocean ending.

Holy shit that "Jojo's = twin peaks" meme pic wasn't a meme at all
>>
>>87292820
Judy is Sarah Palmer
I'm positive on this
>>
File: rare sneaky kyle.png (63KB, 193x191px) Image search: [Google]
rare sneaky kyle.png
63KB, 193x191px
>>87292310
>http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a57242/kyle-maclachlan-twin-peaks-the-return-2017-interview/
>>87292310

>There's something off—that's the thing," he says. "People would always tell me, 'Something about your face is a little bit off.'" (Writer Rich Cohen once described him, in an early '90s profile in Rolling Stone, as "the boy next door, if that boy spent lots of time alone in the basement.")

he is.
for eternity.
and all time.
/ourguy/
reddit didn't get him
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-04_00-51-52.png (34KB, 941x254px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-04_00-51-52.png
34KB, 941x254px
>>87292284
I was wondering why /tpg/ seemed infested, and now I've found the culprit.
>>
>>87292830
What happened to the actor who portrayed him?

When the new season was announced, he was one of the first to say he'd be happy to come back, and then he never did, and nobody explained why.
>>
>>87292752
No it doesn't.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 285x177px
No closure on Becky, no closure on Red, No closure on pissfu

Why did he do this to us?
>>
>>87292842
I mean scary in how hopeless it is. Cooper is completely lost. It's a pretty terrifying thought, to me.
>>
>>87292412
Second Diane was a doppelganger, it was a sign that the world they entered wasn't right
>>
so people who hate the ending. what would you have wanted instead?

>cooper taking laura to sarah and defeating her with the power of love
>joining with the fbi again or something
>reunion with all the characters together or something

that would have been ok but face it, it would have been objectively worse than what we got.

like it or not, we got something new and interesting, just like the S2 ending.
>>
File: 1502759996175.jpg (149KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
1502759996175.jpg
149KB, 1400x700px
>>87292899
what the fuck
>>
>>87292830
>Harry, it's Coop

I laughed when he called Truman.
>>
[sonic smacking]
>>
>>87292818
Was is necessary for Lynch to show the Statue of Liberty with Bob's face on it?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-04-17h52m43s202.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-04-17h52m43s202.png
1MB, 1280x720px
does Lynch not understand the difference betweel film and digital? painfully obvious this scene was reshot, and the guy looks nothing like pete nance even from behind
>>
>>87292876
in the new reality, it makes sense... but it could have been a tremond inside the house, changing her voice into sarah's to fuck with Laura
>>
>>87292818
It's very troubling in a really specific way. Something to do with the house being owned by that woman in real life.
>>
>>87292899
>"Damn Redditors!" he cries, showing a screenshot of a post he found while browsing Reddit.
>>
File: dougie_mode.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dougie_mode.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
>>87292896
>this is the body of boy who lives in a basement
I don't buy it
>>
>>87292871

Based Father Pucci wins again.
>>
>>87292862
Because otherwise they're random occurrences, plot contrivances, or basically red herrings put there just to stump anyone that dared to make sense of this. It's less that they're not related to the main story (if there is one?) so much as a lot of them didn't actually GO anywhere.
>>
>>87292847
I like this so much more than what we actually got.

>>87292864
If this were a series by someone like Damon Lindeloff or some other hack I'd agree, but as much as some of Lynch's stuff LOOKS like surreal drivel I think Lynch always has some coherent thought process behind most everything he puts on screen, even if it isn't remotely apparent.
>>
>>87292647
>Diane was always the dreamer
Fuck off to Reddit with this shit. None of the characters are "the dreamer."
>>
Who says Cooper and Laura can't go back to that other reality? All they have to do is go to the Sycamore trees and ask Bowie.
>>
>>87292357
Car definately changed. Looks like Coop and Diane were jumping through time from scene to scene.
>>
>>87292806
>the beloved main character ends up in a worse situation than he was in post season 2's infamous cliffhanger
>the equally beloved secondary protagonist infamous for having a horrifically unfair life is fucked over along with him
>there are no plans to continue their story
>that's it, that's what we were building up to, especially after all the highs each episode was building up to which we now know are false
From a character standpoint, the ending makes perfect sense because Cooper's pretty much repeating history and it's a known fact that he doesn't learn from his mistakes, but I can't blame people for not liking it.

Even by Lynch's standards, this is incredibly depressing, heavy stuff.
>>
>>87292365
Read my fucking book and youd know something about Laura
>>
>>87292813
because cooper... i dont know.

its a theory tho. i think the black sludge monster emanating from the center of the hiroshima nuke is a metaphor for a collective hallucinations. How the gravity of a nuke can create widespread trauma that we all rely on each other as social animals to make up a story to our lives and to distract, and how reality is still going to be empty and dead and vacuous. We dream and live inside the dream, and then forget about the person that dreams. As in, we forget the conscious act of dreaming, and forget who we are. Like kubrick says kino is to photograph the photograph of reality, not just photograph reality itself. but what about people who didnt get the memo and believe the flick theyre watching Is reality. that is the state of our world, that is why twin peaks got a reboot. we all are running and running and our minds literally wont stop due to animal coping mechanisms and "nuke trauma" is just one theory from japan. doesnt really affect us though. hope you enjoyed that word vomit, i sure did. time to jack off and Hey you reading this, when was the last time you breathed?
>>
Literally the ending to Hitchcock's Vertigo. Recreate your dead waifu with disastrous, unintended consequences.
>>
>>87292899
Those silly guys, go back.
>>
>hurr durr dream world I'm retarded
>>
>>87292964
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>87292914
This.
Beyond Life and Death is the best episode for a reason.
>>
>>87292935

>pete nance
>>
>>87292864
Nah, Lynch was planning on making a series of Twin Peaks movies, but FWWM bombed and critics hated it so it never happened.
>>
>>87292298
This x1000.

Once again /tv/ fall for the "the shittier it is, the more 'kino' it must be" meme.
>>
File: variety-twin-peaks-cover-story.jpg (435KB, 670x1004px) Image search: [Google]
variety-twin-peaks-cover-story.jpg
435KB, 670x1004px
>the car from the finale was shown in these variety photoshoots before the series even aired
>lynch teased the finale hard and we didn't even know

LYNCHED
>>
>>87292935
He probably just didn't think there would be people autistic enough to care
>>
How does /tpg/ not realised that Sarah Palmer is Judy?
Lynch describes her as this negative entity or whatever it is he says, it's clearly meant to be the mother/ the experiment/ that thing hiding inside Sarah when she bites the truckers neck off
>>
>>87292957
David Lynch is the dreamer (ie. creator) who lives inside the dream. (ie. Gordon)
>>
Does this mean she's alive again?
>>
Wait where the fuck did Cooper wake up after having sex with Diane? It was definitely a different motel and he was obviously driving a different car. I got super Lynched :/
>>
>>87292401
>>
>>87292647
This... actually makes sense!
>>
>>87292387
Charlotte actually sounds fairly entertaining. Can any /a/utists tell me if its any good or if its pure pseud?
>>
>>87292948

Cooper = Emporio
>>
Write a better final ep than that pile of shit El Lyncho just served us.
>>
>>87292935
This is my only real gripe with the season. He should have shot on film purely for the fact that he used a lot of flashbacks/old footage that were shot on film.
>>
>>87293002
no.
>>
Carrie asks Richard if they found him. Who? Billy?
>>
>>87293006

...haawkk
>>
>>87293001
How have you not realized she is the jumping man?
>>
>>87292995
What relevance does the car have to the over-all plot?
>>
>>87292943
So what? I don't post, I don't have an account. You spewing redditfags are shameless - I bet every single poster in that Reddit thread is overrunning /tv/. You ruined /tv/, it's all thanks to you
>>
>>87293008
Have you ever woken up in a different place in a dream? The whole ending sequence is a dream.
>>
>>87293006
no
>>
File: 1484920553663.gif (630KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1484920553663.gif
630KB, 500x378px
Spoil me the whole ending bitches
>>
>>87293008
It was the same motel, it was just many years later. Him and Diane performed some kind of Thelemite sex magick ritual.
>>
>>87292914

I don't hate the ending, but I was expecting some weird red room shenanigans where Cooper would have to inhabit the Dougie body and abandon Twin Peaks forever in order to defeat BOB and at least something more with Audrey's coma thing. There are lots of ways that S3 could have had a bittersweet ending that "normies" would have appreciated more.
>>
Is Judy the Buddhist Tiamat?
>>
>>87293025
Part 17

Julee Cruise closes the season and we get another one

Part 18 never happens

that's much better, even if there isn't another season
>>
>>87292647
>>87293018
It is somewhat worrying how much sense this makes.
>>
File: xqr04_s-200x150.gif (448KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
xqr04_s-200x150.gif
448KB, 200x150px
>>87292935
>Pete nance
>>
File: 1504241651042.jpg (103KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1504241651042.jpg
103KB, 1136x640px
>>87293044
watch the show faggot
>>
the original series was good because it was different than anything else on tv at the time.

the new season is good for the same reason. what kind of show would have the balls to end it like lynch did tonight.
>>
>>87293044
shut the fuck up
>>
What was the fucking point of this character? He interacted with none of the other characters.
>>
File: a possible scale.png (150KB, 761x811px) Image search: [Google]
a possible scale.png
150KB, 761x811px
>>87293044
Laura is dead but alive
She and coop are together on another world
this is all you should need.
>>
>>87293006
She's alive, but now she's a percolator on wheels with a chipmunk voice.
>>
>>87292995
Wasn't the stairs from the dark room in the original trailer too?

And why didn't Laura keep her hair long like that, looks much better
>>
File: 1491982365719.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491982365719.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87293021
It's good. But maybe not the type of good you might expect. Just like Twin Peaks.
>>
"This is where you'll find Judy. There may be someone-- Did you ask me this?"

Expound.
>>
>>87293060
>he doesn't know that Audrey is the dreamer
>>
How did Kyle go full retard without losing himself and all respect as an actor?
>>
>>87293063
>wanting that silly fight to be the ending
no that's fucking terrible.
>>
>>87293044
Cooper beats up people at a diner and deep fries some guns.
>>
>>87293044
I can't spoil it because I don't know what the fuck to tell you...
>>
Why do so many people think Cooper actually changed reality? They never show anything except pete fishing and Sarah smashing laura's picture but that dosn't mean much. And the whole carrie page sequence was obviously in a dream world so it doesn't mean shit about Twin Peaks timeline changing. I don't think Cooper changed anything and I think laura palmer still died in 1989.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-28-11h15m04s375.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-28-11h15m04s375.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87293085
for comfy moments

carl is my favorite character
>>
>>87292959
I want them to go to the sheriffs station to see who's there.
>>
>>87293085
He interacted with Shelly and also Harry Dean Stanton is a wonderful man.
>>
Why did Cooper traveled to the past and why did he saved Laura?

How did fucking Diane took him into another timeline?
>>
>>87293044
Coop goes back to the 80s and saves laura but ends up dun goofing the entire world and deleting everyone he knows.
>>
So where did Audrey end up then?
>>
>>87293085
He's 91, chances are this is his last role.
>>
>>87293002
Meta theories like that are almost bearable, but once you start trying to tie down the events of the show in terms of it being the dream of an individual character, you not only are misunderstanding the concept of dreams within the show / Lynch, but are also willingly choosing to interpret the work in the dumbest way possible. Are you trying to dislike the show?
>>
File: JULEE CRUUSE REALLY MAD.jpg (187KB, 518x1107px) Image search: [Google]
JULEE CRUUSE REALLY MAD.jpg
187KB, 518x1107px
>>87293063
>julee cruise
i really hate you're making me say this
but we're not gonna talk about julee.
we're not gonna talk about julee at all.
>>
File: 1504473098247.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504473098247.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>87293030
>Fuck you, Margaret
jesus christ lynch, was this line really needed?
>>
>25 years later Ed is finally freed from a loveless marriage and gets the girl of his dreams
>A day or two later Cooper alters the past creating a new timeline
Well fuck...being Ed is still suffering.
>>
File: 1500104321190.png (710KB, 1200x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1500104321190.png
710KB, 1200x1166px
>>87292935
>pete nance
>>
>>87292357
whats odd too is like, Dale kept being so serious that i was concerned he was just doppelcoop again, so i dunno what went on there
>>
>>87293125
intercourse between the two worlds
>>
>>87292662
And its raining post toasties
>>
>>87293044

Cooper goes back in time and erases Laura's death and ends up trapping himself in a different universe after a hostile entity called Judy fucks with him
>>
>>87293134
The Lodge? Maybe? Or possibly doesn't exist?
>>
>>87293097
The shot of Cooper on the doorstep of the Palmer house was one of the first teasers they put out. Pretty much everything from the teasers are from the last 2 episodes.
>>
>one punch man

does lynch have shit taste?
>>
>>87293116
Why are you convinced it's a dream world (whatever that means) and not an alternate reality?
>>
>>87293134
Permanent comatose from the Bank explosion
>>
>>87292662
"It was all a dream" is without a shadow of a doubt the biggest cop out ending you can make as a creator and I don't care if lynch is the one who's making it.
>>
>>87293082
exactly. if nothing else it was different and interesting and super ambitious. I didn't like 100% of but i'm glad to have watched it. so bizarre to see people blasting off at the idea of people trying to enjoy interpret art. the lynch fags and the lynched fags are both so dumm but atleast the lynched fags are doing it ironically. it's like people don't know it's ok to not like things.
>>
File: 1503626628506.png (1MB, 841x872px) Image search: [Google]
1503626628506.png
1MB, 841x872px
>>87293139
FUCKING KEYBOARD
>>
This was a dumbass idea. Having BOB possess someone would have been a million times better. Like Chad, or something. Or fuck it, DoppleCoop but not have DoppleCoop get dispatched by the fucking ditsy receptionist.

0/10 final boss battle
>>
>>87293139
Who is Trash?
>>
>>87293044

Cooper via Mike traveled into the past to save Laura, fucking up everything again as both of them went into another future where both doesn't exist
>>
You guys the tiem travel was just so pete could have excuse to go fishing. Cooper never won back in time.
>>
>>87293176
Things will get back on track once Cooper reads Word-Up Magazine.
>>
>>87293018
>>87293066
the tulpa diane is her inserting herself into the dream it's also why she can't act, because she's asleep the whole time
also she fucks a bunch of guys as a tulpa because she has low self esteem and pretended to herself she was a strong independent women do don't need no man

when she finally wakes up and fucks richard she realises how old and gross he is and how the dream was just a fantasy of them and their younger selves and leaves him
>>
>>87293139
>women
>understanding art
When will they learn?
>>
File: 1430916375184547[1].png (616KB, 946x407px) Image search: [Google]
1430916375184547[1].png
616KB, 946x407px
>>87293044
>>
>>87293116

they show Laura's dead body in plastic disappearing
>>
>>87293139
I helld!
>>
>>87293085
always remember carl seeing that kid's spirit or whatever float up after the crash.
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 800x600px
Who was the little girl in the car throwing up!?!?
ARGGGGGGHHHHHH
>>
>>87293184
>Imagine if frank silva was still alive for that scene
>>
>>87293139

where is she from to have such adorable english skills
>>
>>87293044
what year is it?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>DON'T STOP
>>
>>87293143
>temporal ripple effect ensures Ed and Norma are married at a much younger age
>>
>>87293171
I wasn't joking when I said Lynch took inspiration from anime
>>
FUCKING SCHROEDINGER'S CLIFFHANGER
>>
>>87293139
Lynch has to stop raping all the women he hires.
>>
>>87292914
>keep everything intact except for Cooper's letter and the FBI showing up at Twin Peaks
>Cooper goes back in time to save Laura
>everything proceeds as usual except no Diane bullshit
>reality isn't completely rewritten
>as Cooper starts making his way to where Laura is in the future, Gordon starts reading the letter
>in it, Cooper says some usual poetic bullshit and implies that they'll never see him again in person but he'll always be there in the trees or some shit and they shouldn't worry about him
>Cooper finally reaches the new Laura's door and knocks
>cuts to black when it opens and we see him from her POV and he introduces himself, smiling

There. That's the laziest ending I can think of. It still would've been more satisfying.
>>
>>87293155

How did Judy fuck him up?

Was she doppleganger red haired Diane?
>>
>>87293044

Cooper spent those 25 years preparing to go out, defeat BOB and The Experiment and prevent the death of Laura Palmer

The madman actually accomplishes part of his task, as he gets BOB killed by the British Iron Fist and he manages to negate the death of Laura Palmer, through the aid of Phillip Jeffries and Philip Gerard

Yeah but The Experiment ain't too happy about all this so it snatches Laura away from time travelling Dale Cooper. He starts damage control by hopping into a car with Diane and going back to the future into an alternate timeline where everything is weird. He doesn't know what the hell is going on but he improvises, and manages to find Laura and get her to the Palmer household where she hears her mother's scream and everything goes dark and fuck, I now realize how stupid this ending is as I'm typing it out
>>
>>87292943
Why is this an argument
>"Damn Niggers!" he cries, showing a picture black men looting a convenience store
>>
>>87293173
Everything about it is dreamlike. Cooper wakes up in the wrong hotel with a different car, the diner is "Judy's" and everyone talks slow at it. Carrie has the dead body that Cooper pays no attention to. The car lights following them. The whole sequence is surreal as fuck because it is meant to be a dream.
>>
JUDY is where all evil comes from. That WAS the scene where Dopplecoop raped Diane. Ep 18 was Dopplecoop getting a taste of the world outside of the Lodge, having been a lodge doppleganger all his life.

He doesn't become evil just because "le opposite of le super good FBI agent". He becomes evil as a result of the world he is brought into (WHITE HORSE IS SEEN IN "LAURA'S" HOUSE AKA "THE SITE"). So if this is the past, the horse is there because BOB is in Dopplecoop. Or, BOB is in Laura. Laura did just kill someone, after all.
>>
Can a complete newfag start from the very beginning back in the 1990s? Does it hold up without any rose tinted glasses I guess I'm asking?
>>
>>87293143
Jesus, now I'm sad.
>>
ok twin peaks is finally over i'm out of this board and probably website for good now
>>
>>87292860
>dem collarbones
>>
>>87293206
Yes it is just a part of the dream.
>>
File: mfw2.jpg (723KB, 2902x900px) Image search: [Google]
mfw2.jpg
723KB, 2902x900px
>>87293230
>>
>>87293257
See you tomorrow!
>>
>>87293194
Lynch just has a thing about birthdays being the worst days
>>
>>87293233
Why the fuck did he have to take Diane with him if he even admitted he didn't know what was going to happen to her in the new reality? Why would he subject her to that?
>>
File: memeyoudig.png (253KB, 516x526px) Image search: [Google]
memeyoudig.png
253KB, 516x526px
reporting in

i'm assuming everyone wants to kill themselves

i'm assuming everyone wants to die

fuck this shit

this was my last hope

i'm gonna off myself pretty soon

>inb4 "gtfo normie"
>>
File: diane.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
diane.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
But seriously, Coop told Diane "Once we cross, it could all be different," so he must have had an inkling something like this would happen.
>>
>>87292860
Her spine looks...knobby. That & she was VERY CLEARLY not into it, so seeing her distorted Laura Dern cry-face at work DURING SEX didn't exactly do it for me.
>>
>>87293270
Not him but if there are more tpg ill be here if they stop, im out breh
>>
>>87293176

It was a "dream" in the sense that it wasn't real anymore after he changed the past, it did happened.
>>
>>87293255
honestly, parts of it hold up. a lot of it doesn't, starting in the middle of the second season.
>>
>>87293255
The original series is better than everything else.
>>
anyone mad at the ending now will realize how good it was in a couple of years
>>
File: JUDY.png (52KB, 306x233px) Image search: [Google]
JUDY.png
52KB, 306x233px
>>87293211
the dreamer
>>
>>87293255
Yes. There's some schlock you have to get through in season 2, but it's still a great show.
>>
>>87293138
No, I agree with you w/r/t most of the theories floating around, they're just poorly thought out rationalisations. But the idea of Lynch being the dreamer (not necessarily in a literal, narrative sense) isn't too far out there, that entire scene was incredibly Brechtian from the moment Lynch said "I had another Monica Belucci dream." The entire series was touching on the relationship between creator/creation/audience.
>>
He just wanted to help
>>
>>87293255

If you can handle both cheesy soap opera parody and the LYNCHING of FWWM and S3, then yes.
>>
so after cooper turns naido into diane

what are his motivations at that point? hes at twin peaks, booper is dead, no returning characters died. why not go for pie and coffee at the double R?

what is the point of bringing the Risen Laura (carrie) to sarah palmer to trigger night terrors? Is it because He needs to find Judy? is Laura the key to Judy? Sarah palmer cant be judy, how the fuck would any of them know that.
>>
>>87293279
it's David Lynch jerk-off material

these are his favorite stars and he got them to fuck for half of the finale.
>>
Hush; may I ask you all for silence?
The dreamer is still asleep
May the goddess keep us from single vision
And you to sleep

He's inventing landscapes in their magnetic field
Working out a means of escape
We'll cut across the crop circles

The seer says no
Not much time left for these escape attempts
Look at it this way
In ten years' time
Who'll care? Who'll even remember?
One dies like that, deep within it
Almost inside it
It's there for a reason

I'll give you my old address
And take that little book
To tear and cut the paper

The beginning is also the end
Time defines it, time defines it
It will end
Like close friendship
Nothing could be further
We forget the space between people and things
Is empty
We forget, and don't notice the loss

Crossing into venerable degeneration
It's that radiant pollution
The god with the silver hands surveys this vast contamination
The dreamer is still dreaming

In the heart of your heart
Your eye remains
Is that hurt you? Is that blister you call loveless?
Your whole life is a cold slow shock
Your whole life is a cold slow shock

Take all your time
Track the shabby shadow down
Through hissy mists of history

Hush; may I ask you all for silence?
Will he wake in time to catch the sunset?
Hush; may I ask you all for silent?
May I ask you all for silent?
>>
>>87293302
FWWM > The Return > first half of S2 > S1 > second half of S2
>>
Here's what I don't get. Why wouldn't Cooper, Diane, and just about every fucking character in Twin Peaks just not exist because of Laura being alive? Cooper was born decades before Laura, so were all the adult characters. Why wouldn't they still exist in the new world?
>>
>>87293286
Where did they go exactly and where were they and why did they go through that wormhole? Seems like all Cooper had to do was go home after he left the red room and met Diane in the woods. Why did he keep going?
>>
>>87293308
David please, you're not fooling anyone... Btw James was NEVER cool.
>>
GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON I SHOULDN'Y KILL MYSELF
>>
>>87293282
>gtfo normie
>>
>>87293323
he was following the giants orders imo
>>
>>87293093
ha ha great image and great filename
>>
>>87293255
It holds up, but you don't have to look at it with rose tinted, season 2 is an undeniable slog, and Lynch has said for decades he himself hates being related to it in the slightest.
>>
File: cap115.png (76KB, 262x271px) Image search: [Google]
cap115.png
76KB, 262x271px
>>87292284
the way he point his gun around irks me to no end.
fucking liberals have no respect for weapon
>>
>>87293312
owned
>>
>tfw got memed into watching post Inland Empire Lynch
worse decline than Mann desu
>>
>>87293323
he might not wanted to do any of it/ save laura at all
remember the clock turns to 2:53 and he gets sucked into the darkness, maybe he was forced into it
>>
>>87293255
Mid Season 2 is a drag. The prequel movie I personally didn't care about. But after having seen both Angel Beats and Charlotte I can appreciate Twin Peaks as a whole more
>>
>>87293286
Yes he knew what would happen. Little does /tpg/ understand that Cooper had a game plan to fuck Judy over. The alternate timeline was his move, he just didn't know when he'd arrive or who he'd be.
>>
>>87293323
He wants to save the Laura he knows, but he doesn't understand that she's already been saved by the Fireman when he was leading her through the forest.
>>
>>87293323
The Fireman gave him a mission to defeat Judy. Leland said to find Laura.
>>
There's 4 Coopers.

1. Original - Always says yes to coffee
2. Dopplecoop - Declines cofee
3. Dougie
4. New Coop (the one Kyle said is "quieter)

New Coop, when offered coffee, says nothing. He lets the waitress pour the glass. He is RICHARD----the original coop and dopplecoop balance each other out, thus, he doesn't say yes to coffee or decline.

He goes to JUDY'S, the source of all evil. Andy and Hawk say "We don't want to know anything about JUDY". And after going to JUDY'S, he meets with Laura, and there is a dead man in her house, and a WHITE HORSE.

Prior to this scene, we hear the song that played in episode 8 when BOB was born.
>>
>>87293342
I wholeheartedly agree with this.
>>
>>87293342
wat? It's very obviously:

S1 > The Return > FWWM > Second half S2 > First half S2
>>
>that sex scene
>>
>>87293344
Laura Palmer was a huge part of Twin Peaks. The underworld, the overworld, her death was a town sensation. If she never died, things would have gone differently.
>>
>>87293344
Because it isn't a time travel story it is a dream world story. At 2:53 throughout the series people have entered into other worlds or exited other worlds and at 2:53 in the finale Cooper entered into the dream world and I would imagine Diane did as well, maybe Cole too for a moment.
>>
>>87293184
I wanted Bob to possess Andy
>>
>>87293282
There's enough complex anime for you to watch to hold off that suicide for quite some time anon. I don't personally mind but I don't want to kill myself quite yet
>>
>>87293352
Gtfo normie
>>
>>87293393
Somehow they managed Laura Dern Cry Face even into the peak of semi-orgasm.
>>
>>87293184
Hey Lynch. How about using an OWL for this scene. Or was connecting BOB to owls in one of the episodes you skipped on rewatch?
>>
>>87293387
I think you might be literally the only person on the planet who thinks the second half of S2 is better than the first.
>>
>>87293344
they would still exist, just circumstances would change
the palmers wouldn't move into a bigger house if they didn't have a child
>>
You guys realize that there is plenty of a chance of a season 4 with this ending right? Why are you guys acting like this is the end of the whole series? It's vague as shit, so that if it doesn't get a sequel, people can interpret multiple ways. And if it does get a sequel, Lynch can pick up from here and do whatever.
>>
File: 1501532764-ted-dowling-farmer.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501532764-ted-dowling-farmer.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
*doesn't show up to meet you*
>>
>>87293432
>putting a live owl at risk
>>
>>87293297
this. someone else mentioned an "overworld" and that's a good way of looking at it. all of these subverses exist under the umbrella of the mysticism of the lodges.
>>
>>87293432
>when you realize David Lynch is a skipfag
>>
>>87293443
I don't want season 4, Lynch is just going to make ANOTHER cliffhanger.
>>
>>87293443
>Why are you guys acting like this is the end of the whole series?
lol
>>
>>87293344
>Cooper was born decades before Laura
How old do you think Cooper was in the original series?
>>
>>87293323
Because Cooper thinks with his heart first and his mind second. He thinks he's the hero and the best possible outcome will happen just because he has good intentions.

Him not learning from his mistakes has been a major part of his character since the original series. Remember Caroline? Remember how he made a big deal about how her death taught him never to get romantically involved with anyone ever again, then he turns his back on that and gets involved with Annie when a serial killer (Caroline's own killer, no less) is on the loose? You know, the whole reason that got him trapped in the Lodge to begin with?

Cooper couldn't leave well enough alone because he thought he could save Laura instead of realizing that maybe the past should be left alone and enjoying all the good he was able to do in the present.
>>
>>87293443
This. It works both ways.
>>
Let's see... what does this ending remind me of...

The Flash/Dale Cooper goes back in time to save [WOMAN] but fucks up the timeline and is then inserted into an alternate reality where everything is fucked up and nobody is who they are

hmmmmm
>>
>>87293443
1. Lynch is old as fuck
2. The cast is either dead or in the process of dying
3. It didn't get good ratings for Showtime

I'm pretty much convinced this is the end of Twin Peaks aside from Frost's books.
>>
>>87293211
shes such a qt
>>
>>87293230
christ
>>fanfiction.net
>>
File: badstory.png (1011KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
badstory.png
1011KB, 960x540px
J U D Y W I N S
>>
>>87293443
write a season 4
>>
>>87293443
Nothing confirming otherwise. We'll see.
>>
>>87293457
the fuck was this guys deal?
>>
>>87293360
liberals ruin everything
>>
>>87293479
>Lynch ripped off Geoff Johns
>>
>>87293465
He missed out of all the pure Windom and James kino because he skipped season 2.
>>
>>87293474
caroline isn't canon
>>
If you didn't like the final episode, you are literally a normie, total brainlet, "muh normal happy TV show conclusion!" stupid faggot. This ending is the feeling of derealization the feeling of something totally off, nausea, of being in a nightmare, being totally wrong.

And I love it.
>>
>>87293173
the voice shouting Laura at the end, the electrical pole, the white horses, the tremonds/chalfonts. cooper "the man from [laura's] dreams" comes to awake her back in 1989, where she isn't dead
>>
File: aa0.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
aa0.png
200KB, 500x276px
I went in knowing it was going to have a very decisive ending.

I didn't know it was gonna hurt this bad though.
>>
>>87293344
Laura is a supernatural creation. We also don't know where exactly Jeffries sent Cooper (personally I think the fact that he mentions only Gordon is telling that something terribly wrong will happen). Future or past? We literally don't know, except for the fact that Judy followed Coop as he traveled back.
>>
>>87293443

>all traces of the former TP world erased forever from the universe
>main character no longer knows who he is or what year it is
>lights go out in the Palmer house forever

yeah its clearly a setup lmao
>>
>>87293474
>Cooper couldn't leave well enough alone because he thought he could save Laura instead of realizing that maybe the past should be left alone and enjoying all the good he was able to do in the present.
Okay my problem with this crap is that it is pure schlock. Why in the everloving fuck would Cooper randomly decide to save Laura in the past for no fucking reason? Seriously this is the dumbest shit ever.
>>
>>87293462

It's literally Stone Ocean's ending but dark and doomed.
>>
>>87293443
maybe but this felt like it had a greater sense of finality to it especially compared to S2.
>>
dubs and we get a movie
>>
>>87293365
Even his early films aren't that great.
>>
>>87293379
>He is RICHARD----the original coop and dopplecoop balance each other out, thus, he doesn't say yes to coffee or decline.
Why do people keep saying this shit? There's absolutely nothing that proves he's Richard. There's nothing that proves Richard is even this world's Cooper.

For all we know, Dale Cooper as he is still exists in the new reality as a separate person away from the one from the original world.
>>
>>87293493
Seemed pretty fucking peeved to me. Judy didn't come close to winning.
>>
>Judy wins
>>
>>87293439
I mean I'll wholly admit that most of it's bad. But the good parts of the second half of S2 are REALLY REALLY good and make up for the shit parts imo
>>
>>87293457
>>87293496
He's dead.
>>
>>87293528
The real ending:

Cooper confusingly leaves the Convenience Store through the basement door & gets picked up by Carrie Page & Donna Horne in a sick car w/ their friend Linda.
>>
>>87293546
>Seemed pretty fucking peeved to me. Judy didn't come close to winning.

>the only thing that could come against her is now tainted
>not close to winning

Idiot
>>
File: gimme a hug, man.png (211KB, 519x332px) Image search: [Google]
gimme a hug, man.png
211KB, 519x332px
>>87292387
>>
dubs and this is the end of twin peaks, there is no more except frost book
>>
>>87293538
Those aren't dubs.
>>
>>87293528
__ ____ _ ____ _________?
>>
>>87293481
>Frost's books.
As long as I get some fucking explanation, I'll be happy.
>>
>>87293526
Even if Laura is the antithesis to Judy - Cooper doesn't know that. He stepped into a world of horror and dread for no reason.
>>
File: 1503966298326.jpg (216KB, 850x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1503966298326.jpg
216KB, 850x1206px
>>87293481
1. There are older directors still directing just fine
2. Write them off, ending gives a lot of room for it
3. Most of the viewers were online and Showtime's online subscribers blew up

That reminds me, make sure to cancel your Showtime subscription RIGHT NOW so they know that you only care about Twin Peaks.
>>
>>87293481
>3. It didn't get good ratings for Showtime
The ratings don't really matter, though. It gave Showtime a HUGE membership bump because the people who signed up for TP only signed up for TP. Besides that, it apparently did quite well on their streaming service. Nevins has said he's open to doing more and, according to Sherilyn Fenn, so is Lynch.
>>
>>87293443
You know what happened at the end of season 2 right?
>>
>>87293443
Because if Lynch wanted to do another season, we would've heard about it by now.

He'll do that "never say never" shit because that's just who he is. Showtime hasn't heard anything back from him, the ratings were bad compared to the other big shows that were on, and Lynch probably wants to focus on other projects.
>>
>>87293580
I'm going to bet "The Final Dossier" is written by a Gordon who realizes time is fucked.
>>
>>87293481
>The cast is either dead or in the process of dying

This, everyone involved in this show are dying at an exceptional rate. If there is a S4, Lynch better not wait multiple years to do it, or it'll have to have *atleast* three times as many teapot characters.
>>
dubs and there's a season 4 but its directed by mark frost
>>
>>87293601

>>87293601

>>87293601

NEW
>>
File: Jeffries132435.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jeffries132435.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>>87293552
>>
>>87293526

Because Laura said something different to him at the black lodge, so he tried to check What happened

Remember how the line was "my father killed me"? Apparently it got changed , hence why Cooper reacts with "What?" Because it wasn't what it was supposed to be.
>>
>>87293393
Diane was about to rip off Cooper's face and see the chainsaw and smiling Ash's teeth underneath.
>>
diane having to cover up coops face while she fucked him and cried was pretty brutal.
>>
>>87292952
things dont have to go anywhere to be interesting
>>
>>87293342
These are ranked in order of Lynch's involvement BTW.
>>
dubs and kyle maclachlan passes away right at the start of filming s4
>>
>>87293561
>fireman still exists and is guiding Cooper
>laura and cooper both know everything and are prepared
>Cooper has grown cold enough to end shit without hesitation or remorse

Oh but Laura got spooked so I guess judy won.
>>
The ending has left me feeling lynched but i am glad i shared it with you tpg
>>
>>87293523
Still baffled as to how most of the thread is still missing this. It's further proof that Coop fucked everything up by asking Jeffries to go back and having everyone he knew (except Gordon and 'Laura') being made nonexistent.
>>
>>87293612

I'll take Mark Frost jerking himself off writing Donald Trump into the series and brutally killing him in a glorious liberal triumph as he so wants over David Lynch giving us an unfinished, although good season
>>
>>87293526
Because he cares about Laura and now possesses the knowledge and power to prevent her death and by proxy everything horrible that happened from it from ever happening?

It's not that hard to figure out. He got greedy and thought he could make a happy ending happier.
>>
>>87293623
So Laura asked him to save her in the past and then fuck up everything even though she is supposed to be an angel orb? That's still stupid.
>>
Cant wait for season 4 when coop becomes a teapot
>>
File: DI3SJbFUEAEKF_N.jpg (74KB, 640x686px) Image search: [Google]
DI3SJbFUEAEKF_N.jpg
74KB, 640x686px
>>
>>87293648
Laura is a murderer. She ain't being saved by no angels this time.
>>
>>87293515
This seems to be the most reasonable explanation
>>
>>87293669
That's completely random and never alluded to. Shouldn't he have been focusing on stopping Judy and not fucking around trying to save Laura?
>>
>>87293586
>>87293591
I guess. Showtime did just make hundreds of millions off the Mayweather/McGregor fight, so they're probably willing to throw a little around to whoever.
>>
>>87293702
>he had a gun in his hand
>murder
>>
>>87293342

fwwm>the return>s1/first half of s2>last half of s2

so yeah, almost agree
>>
>>87293583
You don't know what Coop does and doesn't know. He knew about Freddy. He knew about Frank having the room key. He knew about the seed and how to make a tulpa. He seemed to have a genuine understanding of all the cryptic things that were said to him by MIKE, The Fireman and Jeffries, for that matter. For all you know, Laura literally whispered "I am the antithesis to Judy" in his ear.
>>
>>87293715
Laura's Judy's doppelganger. Coop needs her to beat Judy.
>>
>>87293519

The car Richard/Cooper drives when he wakes up in the motel and goes to Judy's is a modern one so it has to be "present" time.

An FBI agent like him should realize that just from the car model.
>>
>>87293778
So how did he fuck up then? Seems like he was doing exactly what he was told to do.
>>
>>87293345
Leland told him to find Laura.
>>
>>87293808
He probably doesn't know what current car models look like given that he's been trapped in a timeless purgatory for 25 years.
>>
>>87293815
He didn't fuck up. Nihilists are just shitting up the thread.
>>
>>87293692
please
>>
>>87293846

yes, but it should clue him in that it isn't 1989 or anything close to that year
>>
>>87292755
He was cheating. On his wife.
>>
>>87292755
He was literally cheating on his wife with that hot office slut.
>>
WHERE IS THE 1080P VERSION
>>
File: Capture.png (5KB, 475x42px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5KB, 475x42px
>>87294060
:^)
>>
>>87292519
You don't love Lynch's style.
>>
>>87292310
this fucking thing is unreadable
>>
File: coopgetsthesucc.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
coopgetsthesucc.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
>tfw you try to be the hero and save the day but fuck up and an evil entity traps you in an alternate timeline where everything's different and nobody knows who you are
>>
18 makes the inconsistencies in The Secret History of Twin Peaks make sense.
>>
>"David tells me, 'Everything is Twin Peaks. It's all Twin Peaks,'" he says. "These stories continue—that's the whole thing. Everybody kept living and going on and doing their thing. It never stopped. Now we're picking it up again, 25 years later. Who knows if we'll pick them up again down the road, I don't know."
>>
>Episode 17 is the ending
>Episode 18 is a prequel to The Return

think about it
Thread posts: 417
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.