[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want about it, it was a pretty entertaining episode.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9755.jpg (327KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9755.jpg
327KB, 825x464px
Say what you want about it, it was a pretty entertaining episode.
>>
It really wasn't.
>>
due wuoah the explosions and big chains and yas kween go get em you rule!?
>>
>>86779856
>>>/reddit/
>>>/tv/gotg
>>
>>86779856

Yeah entertainingly stupid
>>
Felt like a parody.
>>
>>86779856
i just want to see the last eps so i dont have to talk about this shit show again for another 2 years.
>>
Cut out the Winterfell scenes and add more banter between Jon and crew and it'd be a much more enjoyable episode.
>>
File: 1473521980143.jpg (29KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1473521980143.jpg
29KB, 342x342px
>>86779856
>mfw all these pseudos thinking they were watching a smart political fantasy when the political aspects have been absent ever since S1 ended
D&D finally caved in and stopped pretending they are deep. That's good.
>>
>>86779856
Anyone here teared up when the dragon was shot down? I did
>>
>>86779979
Yes it was, you contrarian bitch!
>>
>>86780099
No, not really. I kinda felt sad for Dani though.
>>
>>86779856
The banter was half cringe half decent. In fact, better than decent.

But the rest was really bad. This was supposed to be the big battle scene of the season and it was rather boring. Even dragons and dragons dying didn't fix it. I was VERY disappointed. Last episode made it seem to cool. The hype killed it.
>>
>>86780099

I was more saddened by Thoros' death rather Viserion's
>>
File: IMG_0817.jpg (19KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
19KB, 221x221px
>>86780099
>watch GoT with family
>try not show any feelings during the sad moments
>>
>>86780084
This.

In addition:
Make the dragon death scene a bit longer: the instakill was just too quick. There needs more tension. Don't even need to change much, maybe draw out the Night King posturing or SOMETHING. It just happened to fast to feel anything.

And the dragons just mowing down deadies was boring. They need a bit more. Look at the scene with the Lannisters vs the dragon. FAR superior. Done amazing. Obviously zombies don't feel pain but they could have fixed that.

As for the fights before the dragon, it's a bit hard to follow. I could have sworn Jon pushed his friend into a horde of deads, but on rewatches, I realize he's trying to help but simply didn't do it successfully.

How did fucking Tormund survive? Was this was supposed to be a fake out? "Oh no, Tormund is covered! He's gonna die"?
In one scene, a nameless wildling is instakille dby being surrouned but Tormund survives it and gets 10 shots of him being covered?
>>
File: 4uuuuu.jpg (535KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
4uuuuu.jpg
535KB, 2048x1362px
So I just marathoned all of season 7 up to episode 6 and holy fuck what a shitshow. Pacing is all over the place and characters can now apparently teleport all over Westeros as they please.

The only remotely entertaining part was watching Lannister fucking shits getting roasted with dragon napalm in the episode 4 end battle.

>Also that Night King 1HKOing the dragon with an ice spear
>>
what happened to the backstabbing and subtle diplomatic navigation? now it's all large scale blockbuster capeshit
>>
>>86779856
transformers was also "ENTERTAINING?
>>
nothing entertaining about seeing a bunch of red shirts dying and waiting for the inevitable dragon that will show up right at the nick of time. Even if all the real characters died it wouldn't have made a difference since death has no meaning anymore in this show.
>>
>>86780384
I also liked the Lannister vs Dragon scene but I emphasized with the LANNISTERS.
How could you not?
How you do you beat a dragon?

It had tension and it was actually good.
Good acting everyone's part. Others might not agree but that felt like GoT should feel.
>>
>>86780670

Lannister vs Dragon was one of the best things GoT has done
Episode 6 was an embarrassment in comparison
>>
>>86779979
>>86779856
>>86780193
it really wasn't

hardhome was way better, way more exciting, way less predictable even without leaks

this was shit and there was zero action. there's been no heroism this season, just a fucking blown CGI budget on retarded dragons
>>
>>86780084
this 100 percento
Every scene without Snu and crew just messed up the pacing
>>
>>86780961
Glad to hear people agree.

Episode 6 could have been something. It's weird how I went into season 7 thinking it's be shit but we actually had some good scenes and when I'm thinking "Oh many episode 6 has a good premise", it ends up being weak as hell.

They should just cut some of the baggage and put more Jaime in. His acting is getting better and they've actually written some good stuff for him.
>>
>>86780428
ding ding ding ding ding

what happened to suspense? what happened to heroism?

if i wanted to watch CGI shit i'd be watching michael bay or marvel shit

MORE HEROISM, LESS DAENERYS

battle of the bastards was better. hardhome was better. watchers on the wall was better. blackwater was better.

it's almost like the dragons are shit and detract from the plot, or rather have taken center stage to compensate for your inability to write dialogue
>>
>>86781044
Yea. I was hoping for Hardhome 2.0
It's huge fucking meme that Hardhome is great, but it deserves it. It might have saved that season too.
>>
>>86781149
jaime, sam, and jorah are the only good shit this season, everything else is bad

the worst are
>arya
>tyrion
>khaleesi
>missandei-greyworm
>CIA

>>86781190
it did save the season, and it was honestly a great action sequence. there was tension, there was shock, there was reveal, there was desperation, there was heroism.

this was jon snow killing the droid control ship disabling everyone EXCEPT THE ONE THEY NEEDED!!! and running onto an icy lake to be saved by a CGI sequence

there has been ZERO heroism this season besides jaime charging daenerys, which was a thinly veiled "white men can't jump"
>>
>>86781324
>CIA
That's the thing! He's done NOTHING. They didn't give him a role. He's done nothing. He's doing nothing.
As for Tyrion, he doesn't bother me. It's a bit bizarre to see his plans fail spectacularly but he isn't as annoying as he was earlier. I feel he actually is the same as CIA: he doesn't have a role right now but is shoehorned in as he's the most popular actor.
In fact... I think I'm right. He doesn't have a written role from GRRM so D&D are just padding.
>>
>>86781324
Yea, Hardhome did pretty much everything right. Shame a really cute woman died but oh well.
This season only had one good battle scene, as I said earlier: Lannisters vs the dragon. It had everything you listed, from heroism to tension to ACTUAL FIGHTING.
Also, despite spoilers, I think most enjoyed it a lot. It was exciting.

Unfortuantely I'm just repeating myself over episode 6. Just missed too many bulletpoints.
>>
>>86781044
it really was

This was way better more exciting way less predictable even with leaks

hardhome was shit and there was zero action there's been no heroism up until this episode just a fucking blown CGI budget on retarded 'battles'
>>
>>86781634
You might be one of the lucky few who wasn't spoiled but I am almost 100% sure that the very very first episode ever spoiled was Hardhome. Most of /tv/ knew the entirity before watching it.
And we still loved it. That's what all episodes should strive for.

I'll always love you Danganronpa 2. For being a game that was hopelessly spoiled but still god tier

>Hardhome was shit
Don't worry. WE know what you meant.
>>
>>86779979
great argument
>>
File: 1502859330286.jpg (68KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1502859330286.jpg
68KB, 500x707px
>>86781879
I'm not him but it's a pretty obvious thing. No need to justify a basic fact. It's not like /tv/ got together and decided to hate this episode. We came to the conclusion that it was rather weak.

I'll always remember it for pic related though.
>>
File: the-red-shirt-brigade.jpg (164KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
the-red-shirt-brigade.jpg
164KB, 1000x563px
>>
>>86782129
What a huge flaw. Were they even IN the previous episode?
I can't recall. I get you need people to die to show shit but it needed to be done better.
Should have just killed Thoros off with the polar bear. No reason to let him live longer and maybe take out Beric in the zombie fight. Though I'd probably complain as I'd see it as whipping out the Brothers with Banners so they don't need to exist.
>>
File: index.gif (329KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
index.gif
329KB, 220x124px
>>
I still miss Stannis

>insert feels guy waving glorious Stannis flag
>>
>>86781583
to D&D, everyone who isn't jon/daenerys/cersei is a supporting character and just "in the way"

CIA has say around and done absolutely nothing despite being one of the smartest people in the show and every hint in the book there that shit won't end well for him, but he refuses to bug out

tyrion has had one role this season that lacks any degree of nuance
>the clever plan man who is shown up by THE DRAGON
in the episode 5 BTS, one of the jews literally says
>u no, tyrion comes up with these plans so it made sense for him to come up with this one

d&d have proven themselves incapable of writing anything. in one of the shitposting threads, the boar hunting scene was brought up. all that scene was about was bullshit and had dialogue that didn't address a relationship or advance anything directly, but the SCENE was important. it was an indirect advancement of the plot.

this season has only been EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER voicing his or her internal monologue. tyrion's presentation of the wight hunt scene and the assault on casterly rock were like someone running through a heist in a b-grade movie

>>86781634
the dragon death was the only "WOW OMG!!!!" moment and people have been guessing at least one if not all dragons will die before the series ends

all it was was a setup for killing a dragon and daenerys blowing shit up. it was garbage

>>86782200
>fully able-bodied warriors were outrun by a guy so wounded he died overnight
WOW!
>>
>>86780094
The political parts of the show survived well into season 4.
>>
>>86779856

Minus all of the stupid Salsa vs Arya shit this was probably my the most all around entertaining episode of the series.

All of the awesone manly bro banter puts it over the top for me.
>>
Few things about the episode are more infuriating to me than the literally who wildlings there just to have nobodies to kill off. Like fuck they could have taken one scene share a reason why they would be the ones to go beyond the wall with the group, a fucking name, a couple lines, fucking something to make it not as obnoxious
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.