[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 37

File: 1480092662839.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480092662839.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
shut up rihanna
>>
Go to /out/, youll get more attention. Garunteed 90 (you)s.
>>
>>85650962
How did you know?
>>
>>85651113
psi
>>
More like what was society's problem, man
>>
>>85650917
He is the villain of the film. Doesn't realise that friends and family are the point of life.
>>
>he went to your high school
>you were on the xc team
>your coach cried during this movie
Gave me feelios
>>
>>85650917
What was the moral of his story? What did he mean in the end of the movie?
>>
he followed his dreams, which is something none of the basement dwellers here would ever understand
>>
>>85651336
if you're suicidal, just buy a gun
>>
>>85651305
Are you saying you went to high school at the same time as him or that you went to the same high school but much later?
>>
>>85651381
He wasn't suicidal at all, just incredibly naive.
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (70KB, 700x426px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
70KB, 700x426px
>>85651336
The movie was just propaganda to beat into you the idea that you need civilization.
>>
>>85651381
good idea, then i can shoot someone between the eyes and take her millions
>>
>>85651516
>shoot someone between the eyes and take her millions

??
>>
>>85651336
Life's only worth living if it's a shared experience
>>
>>85651573
bullshit. you dont owe anyone a god damn thing.
>>
File: 43cdb2a9f750b2044919c8eb0d….png (727KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
43cdb2a9f750b2044919c8eb0d….png
727KB, 800x800px
>>85651573
>>
File: expectation vs reality.png (439KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
expectation vs reality.png
439KB, 500x418px
>>85650917
He was so cute in the movie. The real one doesn't look that young.
>>
>>85651336
Dont be a retard when outdoors.
>>
>>85651573
True. But what did he mean by ''call it by its right name''? Why did he go back to his old name? Did he regret it in the end?
>>
>>85651669
>actor playing person in biopic is more attractive

Yeah, what a surprise. That never happens.
>>
>>85650917
>500ft away from the nearest main road

I laugh about his death at least once a year.
>>
>>85651801
calling it a "main road" is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>85650917
being white.
>>
marxist college profs
>>
The guy is legend. He told society to "fuck off" and went and did his own thing. His ill preparedness and inexperience got him killed, but that doesn't change the fact that he was doing something different with his life than most other plebs.

I can guarantee you that if some fuckwit tried to do this today, they would instagramming/snapchatting their journey numerous times a day, getting money from their rich parents so they wouldn't have to sleep outside in the rain, using google maps to chart the easiest course, and yelping about local restaurants along the way.
>>
>>85651801
source?
>>
>>85652032
I do agree that even though McCandless did his thing in the early 90s and it wasn't that long ago relatively speaking but it might as well have been a completely different world.
>>
>>85652032
different doesnt always mean good, faggot. Also when he did this there was no snapchat/instagram so we'll never know if he would have done it had the timeline be different.
>>
File: WallyBrando.png (296KB, 499x549px) Image search: [Google]
WallyBrando.png
296KB, 499x549px
My family, my friend, I have criss-crossed this great land of our countless times. I hold a map of it here, in my heart next to the joyful memories o the carefree days I spent as a young boy here in your beautiful town of Twin Peaks. From Alexandria, Virginia to Stockton, California. I think about Lewis and his friend Clark, the first Caucasians to see this part of the world; their footsteps have been the highways and byways of my days on the road. My shadow is always with me, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind, sometimes to the left or sometimes toe the right. Except on cloudy days or at night.
My dharma is the road; your dharma...
>>
he was a dumbass. him dying alone in the wilderness isn't brave or inspiring at all.
>>
>>85652032
>he was doing something different with his life

Yep. Wasting it eating poison and then dying because he was such a retard.

Fuck Trump. I'm going to go live in the woods. Fuck no I don't need to learn anything about the wilderness.
>>
>>85650917
Lack of contact with reality for being raised in a comfortable environment. Many people like him lacks experience with real world problems like poverty or uncertain economic future, for example. So, they have to artificially fabricate problems to feel they are something in life. A classic case of the so called "first world problems".

Unlike others who learn of their own stupidity and can move one, he just died.
>>
>>85650917
didn't old people do that in the previous centuries, just go alone in the woods to die
>>
Physical and emotional abuse. It gets brushed over in the movie, but the guy did actually have problems.
>>
>>85652186
>different doesnt always mean good, faggot.
When did I say otherwise. He was doing something different that really didn't physically hurt anyone other than himself.

> Also when he did this there was no snapchat/instagram so we'll never know if he would have done it had the timeline be different.
No fucking way. The guy was a loner. He was born in 1968 and if he was doing this last year as opposed to the 90's, I guarantee you he wouldn't be doing that instagram/yelp millenial shit.
>>
>>85652032
>at first:
>did his own thing
>but then:
>repent and cry for help
>>
>>85652124
His ass. There was a hand operated tramway that he could have used to cross the river which was close to where he had initially crossed the river back in April. It wasn't close to the bus where he was staying though.
>>
>>85652244
>Yep. Wasting it eating poison and then dying because he was such a retard.
Irrelevant. He tried something different and failed. But he did what he wanted to do and had no regrets (according to his journal entries).

>Fuck Trump. I'm going to go live in the woods. Fuck no I don't need to learn anything about the wilderness.
He just picked up and went. It worked for him for years and eventually his luck/skill/whatever ran out. Shit happens. But he was out there doing what he loved. We're all on a fucking weeb message board talking about it.

I wish I had the balls that he had.
>>
>>85652346
Even if we don't want it to, eventually our biological instincts for survival kick in. Just the way it is.
>>
>>85652421
He honestly would have been just fine if he had simply taken plenty of food supplies. He arrived in Alaska in April so it wasn't even that cold.
>>
His dad used to beat him, the movie didn't show that, I guess it was pretty shitty leaving his sister with his dad, but that's why he ran away, prob got beat up worst for being a male.
>>
>>85652471
betrayed by the instinctual jew yet again
>>
>>85652421
You'd be wise not to confuse bravery with idiocy. To embark on anything that dangerous without any preparation is, well, a death ticket.
>>
>>85652513
>He honestly would have been just fine if he had simply taken plenty of food supplies. He arrived in Alaska in April so it wasn't even that cold.
No doubt. But that's not what his journey was about. He wanted to go and LIVE AND SURVIVE in the wild. Bringing a huge amount of supplies would have defeated that. He brought a bag of rice to get him started and he planned to live off of the local fish/wildlife afterwards. Didn't work out of course.
>>
His journal mentions how he cant move anymore why was that? Was he just too hungry to walk?
>>
>a guy who died when he went camping without a phone is considered an icon in america
>>
>>85652603
>You'd be wise not to confuse bravery with idiocy. To embark on anything that dangerous without any preparation is, well, a death ticket.
I'm not saying he wasn't foolish. That's not the issue. I admire that he went out and did what he wanted in the face of all odds, even though he failed. He wanted to go live in the wild. Anything else, would have just been a long camping trip.
>>
>>85652683
>>a guy who died when he went camping without a phone is considered an icon in america
It was the early 90's you fucking underage. Only rich people and X-Files characters had cell phones.
>>
>>85652683
not sure if bait or stupid.
>>
Why didn't he fuck Kristen Stewart?
>>
>>85652957
This is the biggest question of the movie. She was prime.
>>
>>85651349
>"He followed his dreams unlike you sheep working 9-5, none of you would understand!"

>Driver offered to buy him gear and equipment but he refused
>Managed to kill a moose that he could have lived on for months but he didn't know how to preserve the meat
>Realized he was in over his head and tried to go back after 3 months, but the water had risen
>Would have known of a road nearby if he had a map
>Left a note in his bus begging to be saved in case anyone found it
>Died of starvation
>>
>>85650917
He didn't know he was a numale
>>
>>85651573
this anon gets it
>>
>>85651251
Sooocietyyyyy you crazy breeeed
>>
File: 1490797487383.png (34KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
1490797487383.png
34KB, 571x618px
>>85651573
>>
>>85653030
>Driver offered to buy him gear and equipment but he refused
He didn't want it. He wanted to live and survive on his own with minimal supplies (which would eventually run out forcing him to hunt/fish for food). I wouldn't expect an instagrambabby like you to understand such a concept.
>Managed to kill a moose that he could have lived on for months but he didn't know how to preserve the meat
He fucked up. He himself acknowledged this in the movie. Too bad he didn't have a youtube clip like you retards watch all day.
>Realized he was in over his head and tried to go back after 3 months, but the water had risen
Shit happens.
Again, minimal supplies/information was what he was going for in this journey. He knew deep down that such a scenario of him getting trapped could probably happen, but he still took the risk.
>Left a note in his bus begging to be saved in case anyone found it
Survival instincts kick in. And death by starvation is brutal way to go.
>Died of starvation
Fucking way she goes.
>>
>>85651349
>>85653030
This, unless he dreamt of a slow painful death he didn't follow shit
>>
>>85653209
Why the fuck would you go anywhere without a map

That's not risk taking that's just severe retardation
>>
>>85651573
>Life's only worth living if it's a shared experience
"herr derr I'm afraid to be alone and need constant companionship, facebook likes, people to watch my snapchat stories, and 18 group chats going at the same time".

Fuck off numale.
>>
>>85653030
>>85653209
How could he have preserved the moose meat anyway? It's not like he had the resources to dry and cure it.
>>
>>85653283
>Why the fuck would you go anywhere without a map
Because that's how he wanted it. He wanted to EXPLORE the wild. (also, before Google Maps, guys tended to not use maps or ask for directions, just the way it was back then).

>That's not risk taking that's just severe retardation
Based on that logic most things are "severe retardation". Why would any astronaut get into a space shuttle after numerous deadly explosions from day 1? Why would someone go rock climbing when there's a chance of falling?
>>
>>85653030

Source on this supposed road?
>>
>>85653231
what matters is, that he took the jump into the unknown. that's more than anybody on this board and most people could ever do.
>>
>>85653335
>How could he have preserved the moose meat anyway? It's not like he had the resources to dry and cure it.
If I remember the movie correctly, he tried to smoke it. I think he just fucked it up somehow.
>>
>>85653450
>Source on this supposed road?
Not him, but I don't think it was a road. If I remember correctly, there was some kind of manual hand pulley that enabled people to cross the river in the event that it go too overflowed to swim over. This pulley was only a mile or so from his location.
>>
File: 1499577531873.png (206KB, 604x370px) Image search: [Google]
1499577531873.png
206KB, 604x370px
>>85653410
Jesus Christ you are an absolute retard
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1489270509518.png (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489270509518.png
67KB, 300x300px
>here's a new car son so you don't have to drive that old piece of shit anymore
>I DON'T NEED THINGS THINGS THINGS

was he autistic?
>>
>>85653607
Explain. Just using blanket statements without any real info is retarded.
>>
>>85653301
I used to be in denial like you, but with age, you realise that it's true (well, the actual quote at least, not the pharaprased one you replied to) Eating crappy food with someone you love and laugh with is a better experience than eating top notch food alone.

And how do you get ''constant companionship'' and ''facebook likes'' from that quote? You can still have alone quality time, you need both.
>>
>>85650917
He doesn't have any problems anymore.
>>
>>85653570
I think people get confused by this a lot. I looked into it and the tramway he could have used to cross the river wasn't close to the bus. It was relatively close to where he had initially crossed the river a few months before. When he tried to hike out in July he almost certainly had no clear idea of where he first crossed the river in April.
>>
How in the fuck do you die from starvation in the middle of the woods. I heard a story about a POW who was caught and sent to Siberia, only to escape and walk home to eastern yurop, eating only dirt and tree bark or some shit.
>>
>>85653730
>Eating crappy food with someone you love and laugh with is a better experience than eating top notch food alone.
Says you. We're not all the same. That's something your generation has trouble grasping. According to the education you got in school, we're all equal regardless of color, gender, sexual preference, etc. People are different. Some like big groups of friends, some like a small close group of friends, some like no friends. Just the way it is. You say "it's fun to eat food with someone" could get a reaction of "dude, that's lame, I only eat food with my wife, 5 kids, numerous friends, and other family members".

>And how do you get ''constant companionship'' and ''facebook likes'' from that quote? You can still have alone quality time, you need both.
Nowadays "quality alone time" for young people is spent on the fucking phone in constant contact. It's fucking sad.
>>
>>85653410
>guys tended to not use maps or ask for directions, just the way it was back then
Correction, guys who had no idea what they were doing and didn't realize how useful having just a fucking pencil, protractor, and a compass might be in conjunction with a map. Proper camping isn't something that was invented just this decade.

What insane logic do you have for comparing an astrounaut to some white guy feeling bourgeious guilt
>>
>>85653906

do you really convince yourself you're happier on your own? because i can probably understand why nobody wants to hang out with you
>>
>>85653919
>Proper camping isn't something that was invented just this decade.
He wasn't fucking camping you retard. He was LIVING AND SURVIVING IN THE WILD. What aren't you grasping. He didn't want a map, or a protractor. He wanted to just get out there and see where his journey ended up taking him.

>What insane logic do you have for comparing an astrounaut to some white guy feeling bourgeious guilt
The astronauts took a chance in spite of the fact that certain death was a real consequence. McCandless took a chance in spite of the fact that certain death was a real consequence.

>bourgeious guilt
It wasn't this, dummy. The kid was abused physically, verbally, and psychologically by his dad (and watched him mother and sister take the same abuse) and this was just how he reacted to it.
>>
>>85654046
>do you really convince yourself you're happier on your own?
I'm fine. I tend to not like people that much (I'm not a fucking hermit, I have co-workers and family that I see), but for the most part I'm a loner. It's fucking shocking that you can't understand this. As I said though, your generation is being taught that genders are all the fucking same.
>>
>>85654081
Well it took him to the grave so good for him
>>
>>85654161
>Well it took him to the grave so good for him
Better than going to the grave posting on a weeb message board til the day you die.
>>
>>85654159
>your generation

you're a millenial as well bro

unless you're 35+
>>
>>85654235
>unless you're 35+
I am.
>>
>>85651336
when eating berries, test them beforehand by showing them up your anus
>>
File: IMG_0680.jpg (51KB, 750x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0680.jpg
51KB, 750x690px
>>85653301
Triggered
>>
>>85653906
>According to the education you got in school, we're all equal regardless of color, gender, sexual preference, etc.
You are just assuming things about me. That wasn't what I hot taught in school. Not even close.
Well, I can't say that what I say is 100% true as I'm still experiencing life and not old and wise enough yet. Maybe you are right. But I'm not necessarily talking about friends. It could be your dad, your wife, your kid, your pet, whatever. Most of the good memories I remember are things I did with others. And they were rare, I spent most of my time alone. I was jusy fooling myself thinking I was better off alone.

>Nowadays "quality alone time" for young people is spent on the fucking phone in constant contact. It's fucking sad.
True, and sad indeed. But you know I don't mean that kind of ''quality time''.
>>
>>85651336
>What was the moral of his story?

There is ALWAYS more to learn about anatomy and the world around us.
Who would have known that his potato diet would have caused temporary paralysis
>>
>>85651573
This is true
Thats why imageboards and forums are so fucking popular.

The internet isnt fun if you cant interact with each other
>>
>>85654452
>I was jusy fooling myself thinking I was better off alone.
Again, you're not getting it. I'm not saying your foolish for wanting to hang out with people you love and care about. But you think I'm "fooling myself" into wanting to be alone, when that's not the case. I REALLY want to be alone. Sometimes I fantasize about buying a plot of land upstate and living away from it all (not roughing it or anything, I would still have a house, tv, internet, etc).

>But you know I don't mean that kind of ''quality time''.
I know. But nowadays in some cases what used to be "quality time" has become "phone time". In high school me and my girlfriend took a 2 hour car drive somewhere. It was great, we talked, played car games, tried to find a good radio station, etc.
I took a similar car ride with a girl last year, she was on her fucking phone EVERY. FUCKING. SECOND, with her headphones on.
>>
>>85651616
>>85651648
>>85653170
>>85653301
It's not your fault.
>>
I didn't know Emile was sent to jail.

>Emile Hirsch was sentenced to 15 days in jail and 50 hours of community service following an assault on a female studio executive during the Sundance Film Festival in January.
>>
>>85654798
I remember reading a while back that he was supposed to be starring in a John Belushi biopic but it seems like it got stuck in development hell.
>>
>>85654902
When you punch a female jew studio executive, I can see a lot of your projects going into "development hell".
>>
>>85654777
To each his own, anon. There can be people who actually want to be alone. Like you, as you say. But most loners are like that because they never fit in even if they wanted to, so they say they are better off alone anyway, or say they hate people, to console themselves. That's why most people here get triggered over that quote so much.
>>
>>85654902
I would like that. I really enjoy Emile's acting. The last movie of his that I saw was The Autopsy of Jane Doe, which was a good horror movie.
>>
>>85655153
Fair enough, to each his own. But a loner can just as easily say that you hang out with people because you're afraid to be alone (which is certainly true in some cases, same way people claim to be "loners" when in actuality they wished they could fit in more).
>>
File: stews siren call.webm (3MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
stews siren call.webm
3MB, 1000x800px
Biggest plothole in the movie right here
>>
>>85655249
True. That's why it's important to balance it out. It's only good if you are self-efficient when alone, and your whole life doesn't depend on other people. Like you said, most people are 24/7 connected to their friends via social media, and don't know what the fuck to do with their lives without it. Like it doesn't have a point to do anything if noone is seeing it.
>>
>>85655389
She really wanted that dick. I felt bad for her when she was left with a blue clit.
>>
File: 1368487056703.png (495KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
1368487056703.png
495KB, 800x602px
>>85655389
so unrealistic unless she was a hag or wanted to make him seem like a "nice guy" there's no way this would've happened.
>>
>Carine describes the abuse her parents inflicted upon each other and their children. Including verbal, physical and sexual abuse, often fueled by gin and wine. Carine cites her and her brother's abusive childhood as one of the motivating factors in her brother's desire to "disappear" into the wilderness
Explains a lot.
>>
>>85655389
literal 10/10
>>
>>85650917

He hated the society and wanted to separate himself from others. Probably really depressed too.

It's pretty simple really.
>>
>>85651669
And yet mccandless actually is younger there
>>
>>85658855
Is he. Wasn't he 21-22? The actor was 20-21. Well, but he had a hard life. Years of abuse and fast weight lost will age you.
>>
File: numale-driniking-cofee.jpg (32KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
numale-driniking-cofee.jpg
32KB, 612x408px
I love how you fucking retards try to justify his stupidity.
He was not only stupid, but blind and pretentious. The only reason people here give him praise is most of you have never left your home state or country, barely go out in the wilderness, and over romanticize traveling. Traveling is shit, hard, and not fun if you are not well equipped or have some kind of preparation. The retard was some city slicker who thought he could survive in by himself due to "his superior intellect and euphoria."
Fucking kys yourselves.
>>
>>85659353
>you fucking retards
>kys yourselves
>>
>>85650917
You've found the golden key
>>>/out/
Go and be saved brother
>>
This is gonna be a long ass rant because I fucking hate this movie so be warned.

This guy was nothing but a pretentious, selfish and stupid asshole. He left people who cared about him to "say fuck you to society and do his own thing". If you agree with his actions then you're either an edgy autist like he was, or just below 18 and dont know how the world works.
Life is only enjoyable when shared? Sure, Sometimes, not ALWAYS. You will need to have some time for yourself every now and then, maybe even more. It depends. Making any choice in such a drastic fashion is retarded, you might wanna go and do your own thing, but you gotta prepare, you gotta think, you gotta plan ahead, and you gotta eventually come back, because people are gonna care about you and miss you, and that's YOUR responsibility as a fucking human being to have empathy towards them and come back in one piece.
>>
>>85653906
This.

You'll be lonelier in a crowd than anywhere else. The hypersocial types are being seen for what they are in full view on the internet and we can finally turn away in disgust.
>>
>>85650917
Malnutrition quickly followed by starvation.
>>
>>85662474
It's not like he was a murderer. Perhaps he was just an assburger type. I have the reverse of his powers; I get friends to ghost me.
>>
File: 1501308838260.jpg (87KB, 900x840px) Image search: [Google]
1501308838260.jpg
87KB, 900x840px
>>85650917
Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.
>>
>>85662474
if you spent half the time form you practicing that speach you coulda googled the reason he did it was beacuase of the child abuse he was subject too all that extra shit you typed was you projecting onto a dead man
>>
File: 87g.jpg (260KB, 1010x885px) Image search: [Google]
87g.jpg
260KB, 1010x885px
>>85650917
>In to the Wild
>man is mentally ill
>man shuns society, gives his money away, burns the rest of his money, identification, credit cards, gets his vehicle caught in a flash flood, becomes a filthy vagrant hitchhiker, changes his name to "Alexander Supertramp", kayaks to Mexico illegally, loses kayak in a dust storm, goes to California, shuns civilization again,
>man goes innawoods in Alaska and lives in an abandoned bus for 4 months, and was most likely the person that vandalized the supplies of food caches (he was a really stupid, mentally ill person after all, who wanted to destroy everything he had available to him from civilization)
>man dies from equal amounts of stupidity, ignorance, and starvation (and from being injured)
>enterprising Jewish author decides to write a book about it to make money from someone else's tragedy
>another enterprising Jewish guy decides more money can be made from the mentally ill innawoods guy and decides to make movie about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Wild_%28film%29
Budget $15 million[2]
Box office $56,255,142[3]
8 awards
>>
Anyways, the actual point of the movie is some edgy trust fund baby throws away all his money because he doesn't know what to do with it, and goes into the woods only to die like an idiot because surviving in the wild is hard and merciless.

The normies then celebrate his dumbass as a hero for some reason.

He's basically what you get when a normie pretends to be an introvert.
>>
Even on Naked and Afraid they give them a map.

Why the fuck would you not take a map.

Even in the past, you know what survivalists/explorers did? Map their location.

He didn't even attempt to map his location. He kept a diary and did not draw a single map in it.

That is not survival. That is just suicidal. You keep saying he was about the survival but he did not mind taking a sleeping bag, living in a bus so this wasn't about being one with nature or anything. He wasn't out there making his own camps (because he did not have the knowledge to do so). He just went to live in the woods. With no prior knowledge. And it got him killed.

At least his death is a cautionary tale to others that would attempt this idiocy.
>>
>>85650917
>>
>>85653906
>We're not all the same.

No normie will ever understand this.
>>
>>85662791
He had a map though. I was a road map.
>>
Being a hipster faggot
>>
>>85652032
there was/is a guy on wizardchan doing something like this
>>
>>85653018
>>85652957
>b-but she was 2 months away from being 18
americunts are so retarded
>>
>>85652032
>The guy is legend.

No, he was, "an hero".
>>
>>85652583
Kek
>>
>>85662703
Oh look the abuse argument.
I was abused too, there are people who didnt abuse me though and that I always cared about(i.e his sister) and I wouldn't just say fuck you to society and leave to die like a retard.

Btw that "speech" took me 5 minutes to write. My condolences if you need to practice before writing something like that.
>>
>>85662703
Can I get a source on these child abuse allegations? I don't recall reading anything like that.
>>
>>85652032
>If

There's been hundreds of "travel" blogs exactly how you describe around for years.
>>
>>85650917
he was a passive aggressive little bitch with self-absorbed oblivious parents, i can relate. i could see myself doing something like that when i was younger
>>
>>85663114
His Dad had a second family. That's apparently child abuse.
>>
File: aguirre-the-wrath-of-god-1972.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aguirre-the-wrath-of-god-1972.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>Chris has shithead boomer dad
>shithead boomer dad likes to get liquored up and beat up mom
>this never gets out because shithead boomer dad bullies family into silence and has good job
>shithead boomer dad dictates every single aspect of Chris's life
>Chris starts showing cracks early on
>as soon as Chris gets a chance to escape he runs
>literally loses his mind because he's been locked in a box for his entire youth
>goes innawoods
>turns out being locked in a box with an abusive dad doesn't prepare you for outdoor survival

Yeah, he made shit choices. But he was basically in prison for his childhood. He didn't know how to handle freedom because he never had any.
>>
>>85663114
>>85663099
He's just projecting. Supertramp's parents where "strict" and wanted him to "become something" and that is child abuse as much as >>85662703 is projecting it to be.
>>
File: 1501347494663.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501347494663.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>85663181
Only none of that is true.
>>
>>85653890
I think he ate a poisonous fruit that made him unable to digest anything
>>
>>85663206
The book details a lot more about the abuse if I'm not mistaken, but being too strict on your kids can easily be abuse.
>>
>>85663181
Literally all bullshit.
>>
File: 1501396284765.gif (3MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1501396284765.gif
3MB, 380x285px
>>85663181
>>85662703
What happened to you, anon? Where did the bad man touch you?
>>
>>85663306
I just did some quick research and apparently his sister wrote a book claiming that they were abused as kids and that's why Chris left.
>>
>>85659353
As a guy whose travelled, slept outside in the countryside, walked an entire night withought sleep, and been through wilderness unprepared - this. Through my obsession with fantasy like Lord of the Rings and such, I thought it'd be like a walk in the park... It isn't. Thank God I'm still alive.

(Though you still didn't need to be so harsh with your cussing. Clean that tongue, my friend.)
>>
>>85663277
That's not true at all. There's 0 evidence of it. The book insinuated at it an the movie actually changed the book McCandless had so it seemed that way. Thus, 100s of retards think that. Check out >>85662792
>>
>>85655153
>But most loners are like that because they never fit in even if they wanted to
what's wrong with that? adapt or commit suicide
>>
>>85663383
Yeah, I'd write a book for money too and lie for dramabux. kek
>>
>>85663306
>>The book details a lot more about the abuse

The book the film is based on? It sure as hell does not.
>>
>>85654573
yup a lot of yuppie normalfags here think they're "isolated" while interacting with people on the internet all day.
>>
>>85654269
Really hope i'm not browsing this website at 35 years of age
>>
>>85663361
>No Thanks Obama!

What a waste.
>>
>>85663439
I'm not saying it's the absolute truth but apparently that's where the anons itt claiming that he was abused are getting their information from.
>>
>>85663538
Why would they say "no thanks Obama"?
>>
>>85652186
He did, he vandalised properties pretty much saying "I was here" and wrote on his diary.
>>
>>85660668
He's morally wrong to suggest, but there's nothing structurally wrong with that logic.
>>
>>85663261
>>85663308
>>85663361

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/chris-mccandless-sisters-explain-why-he-went-wild

You guys should read up on it.
>>
>>85653301
You seem upset
>>
>>85663629
>chris-mccandless-sisters

I wonder how much more money they can try to extract from their brother's moronic death.
>>
File: tumblr_mblfr5V3Wu1rhrlxzo1_500.png (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mblfr5V3Wu1rhrlxzo1_500.png
16KB, 500x500px
>>85662692
I laughed so much I broke a rib
>>
>>85652421
I could be "doing something different" with my life and sticking my dick in an stripped out power outlet, that wouldn't make it any less retarded.
People who idolize this dumb piece of shit are nothing but tryhard fedoras.
>>
>>85652687
Would you be proud of a person who jumped off a building because they really wanted to learn how to fly and really believed they could do it?
>>
>>85663734

>stand in smug judgement of Chris
>get btfo
>attempt to stand in smug judgement of his sisters

Maybe you should bring something to the discussion besides your own ego?
>>
>>85652032

Literally only a legend because he died.

Many people give the finger to society and take on a nomadic lifestyle every day but you don't hear about them because they don't cop it eating random poison berries.
>>
>trying to be a self-sustaining, one man economy without years of training

Bad idea.
>>
>>85664182
>The guy is legend.
To retards
>>
>>85664147
>stand in smug judgement of Chris
>get btfo
My god, what color is the sky in your world?

Come on tell me. Why do they only have this story to tell when they are selling a book, literally decades after it came out? When their Dad is dead and can no longer say his piece?

lol just fuck off.
>>
>want to be a scuba diver
>criticize the sheeple who tell you you need to rely on training and equipment
>dive into the water
>rip tide kills you
>>
>>85664311
>Why do they only have this story to tell when they are selling a book, literally decades after it came out?
Maybe because people have been calling their brother a suicidal retard for 25 years and they got sick of it? It makes a lot of sense that they would try to explain some of his motivations when people have been talking about them since he died.
>>
>>85650917
who took this picture?
>>
>>85664722It was in fact possible to take a picture of yourself in the 90s.
>>
>>85664722
Timer
>>
>>85664662
Yeah and the best way to set the record straight just happens to be selling a book about it.
>>
>>85664792
>>85664780

Why would he want to take a picture of himself?

Doesn't seem very in character with someone who has shunned societal norms
>>
>>85664830
How the fuck else are they supposed to do it?
>>
>>85664855
I don't fuckin know

Maybe if he brought a map with him we could've asked him
>>
>>85663114
See >>85656076
From his sister's book.
>>
>>85663629
>let's get even more money by saying this ____!!

*yawn*
>>
>>85664855
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>85653301
hey, im lonely too. stay strong mate, maybe one day we can make a friend too.
>>
>>85664967
I don't know if I buy all of her claims but you're acting like Into the Wild made his family rich. It certainly did not.
>>
File: Untitled.png (523KB, 1174x691px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
523KB, 1174x691px
>>85664662
>Maybe because people have been calling their brother a suicidal retard for 25 years and they got sick of it?

No, he's been a "hero" for all those years except the last 8 or so when the internet looked into it beyond the book and movie and found out just how fucktarded he was. I mean look at this shit in >>85662742 and compare it to his "journey" map.
>>
>>85665003

If you want to shun society and live off the land why would you have the desire to take a picture of yourself doing so?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

Stuff like this totally BTFO of pro-McCandless types.
>>
>>85665221
He wasn't trying to go full primitive or anything. He just had a romanticized sense of adventure.
>>
The ironic part is that he was obviously the most happy while working on that farm, having coworkers, a father type figure and a hot girl.
>>
>>85665274
person in related vid is a MAN.

supertramp was merely a BOY.

really shows the difference in generations.
>>
>>85665198
>No, he's been a "hero" for all those years except the last 8 or so when the internet looked into it beyond the book and movie and found out just how fucktarded he was
No, people have been complaining about him for way longer than the book has even been around. You just weren't aware of the story before the movie was released. Krakauer even describes how most people aware of the story thought McCandless was an idiot in the book itself, and after the book's release he gained a few more fans, but people aware of him were always split between the "hero" and "retard" camps. The extra attention from the movie just publicized it more.

Hell, around the time the movie came out, some guy released an independent documentary he started shooting before the movie did, and his main argument is that Chris was a misguided idiot.
>>
>>85665274
Sort of except that he was a grizzled old diesel mechanic. McCandless' story has appeal partly because he was young.
>>
HOW DID THE BUS GET OUT THERE THOUGH??!!
>>
File: 1501304714086.png (2MB, 1316x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1501304714086.png
2MB, 1316x1066px
>>85665056
>pretending it was written to "set the record straight"

*breaths in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: wow.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>85653209
>>
>>85651336
it chronicled the life and events of a very depressed guy who was literally beaten so much growing up he said "fuck it I'm going to live in the woods and be alone."
>>
>>85665482
I'm just pointing out that the book/movie didn't make his family super rich.
>>
>>85653301
Not in a social media sense you autist. In a real life sense. Don't be a loner, try to enjoy things with your friends otherwise what's the point? You end up dying alone somewhere.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0rZn8HFmQ

>does anyone remember when VICE wasn't full cuck numale?

Pay attention to what this guy eats. Also he's not alone.
>>
>>85665536
I don't know if he specifically wanted to be alone. He just wanted a life of travel and adventure.
>>
File: dumbfucks.jpg (120KB, 989x705px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfucks.jpg
120KB, 989x705px
>>85650917
His only problem was that he was unprepared. If he had a map or had learned how to dress a kill, he would have lived.
>>
>>85665274
>>85665422
>>85665468
Today's "young" generation are a bunch of fucking retards. Case in point...
>>
>>85665952
Oh I fully get that but a guy like Dick Proenneke just isn't as "romantic" as being a wild and free spirit in your early 20s. Proenneke was a fucking badass though.
>>
>>85665536
>projecting this much

kek
>>
>>85665952
Holy kek, are the subs real?
>>
>>85665777
if you get into his biography its actually pretty sad. He was abused by his father all throughout his childhood. He developed deep personal trust issues because of this which is why he never really asked anyone for help or advice.

To him, solitude=safety.
>>
>>85666185
Of course they are.
>>
>>85666204
I read that. If you'd actually read it you'd be able to call bullshit on it just like I'm calling bullshit on it. Supertramp was mentally ill. That is all. His sister is also mentally ill, but bitches are usually better at not an heroing.
>>
File: topkek.gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>85666245
>it's not really baton-worthy
>>
>>85665056
>It certainly did not.

No shit that's why they wrote another book.
>>
>>85666283
Why are you so adamant that there's no possible way his parents could have been abusive?
>>
>>85665952
But...he had an axe.
>>
File: 1490457795411.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1490457795411.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>85666245
>>
>>85651305

I don't think you've gotten the hang of greentexting yet, anon.
>>
>>85666245
why not just hammer on the handle until the knife drops?
>>
>>85666415
Because calling out people for being abusive when they are dead is the oldest trick in the book for mentals.
>>
>>85653030
he didn't die of starvation. He died because he ate the wrong type of potato seeds http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-chris-mccandless-died
>>
File: 1353290550996.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353290550996.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>85665952

This is a spoof right?
>>
File: bmiChart002.jpg (22KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
bmiChart002.jpg
22KB, 550x350px
>>85666591
Incorrect, there is no evidence that he was poisoned.
>>
>>85666591
>>he didn't die of starvation.

Oh yes he did.
>>
>>85655389
He should have fucked her before he died. You can't arrest a dead man, pigs.
>>
>>85666663
What is the source for these though? I wanna hear the audio.
>>
>>85651061
oh ye of little faith...
>>
File: carine-mccandless.jpg (118KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
carine-mccandless.jpg
118KB, 940x529px
>>85666493
mentally ill or not, she's a qt.
>>
>>85666620
I can't even tell anymore with youtube people...
>>
>>85666833
You are best not getting the full dose of tard that comes from watching batonny chop chop videos with sound.
>>
>>85666906
>dat face

fetal alcohol syndrome? something isn't right there
>>
>>85666993
pls gib link
>>
>>85666493
I'm pretty sure Billie and Walt McCandless are both still alive.
>>
File: Batonny Chop Chop - Dummies.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Batonny Chop Chop - Dummies.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>85667055
sry
>>
>>85666993
Just so I know, is there any reason to be doing this shit with a knife instead of an axe?

Also, if there is a reason to use a knife for this, there are actual specific knifes to use for this aren't there?
>>
>>85667048
Reminds me of Phoebe Cates.
>>
>>85667149
What the- Why?
>>
>>85667375
Because slav
>>
>>85655389
she was like 15 if I remember correctly. Chris was a moral guy
>>
>>85650917
Pretentiousness.

He has a life 95% of the world would kill for, yet he sees it as monotonous and boring. A prison.

Yet he doesn't know what true misery is and that there's no nobility in poverty.

Im glad he's dead.
>>
>>85667156
No no an fuck no.

Batoning is herald by youtubers as a "survival skill" /out/ regularly gets knife threads where batoning is the key focus for trolling purposes. Basically, it is tool abuse. You can easily break a knife doing this. Abusing your tool in a "survival situation" where you break your knife is top tier retardation. Here's an example of a "survival situation".
>>
>>85652321
>He was a loner. He was different. He wouldn't have used social media for attention

Ever heard of Elliot Rogers retard?
>>
File: 1501435738496.jpg (86KB, 1023x481px) Image search: [Google]
1501435738496.jpg
86KB, 1023x481px
>>85667494
>>85667149
>>85666993
>>85666663
>>85666245
>>85665952
jesus
>>
>>85650917
Hipster bullshit trash. Went on to prove how delusional most of them are thinking they can actually survive on their own.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.