[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 12

File: 1492058638301.jpg (103KB, 640x758px) Image search: [Google]
1492058638301.jpg
103KB, 640x758px
I really have to hand it to the film, it makes the conflict so much more personal than I first imagined.

The film starts with Bruce fleeing from a childhood trauma into a cave of bats, allowing himself to escape trauma by absorbing the Batman persona. The next scene, we see Bruce navigate massive destruction caused by Kryptonians, he sees a little girl and saves her. Looking up, he sees Superman becoming to that girl what Joe Chill became to him. Superman becomes the vessel in which Batman projects his trauma, the perfect enemy for a great tragedy. Batman's conflict is never really with Superman as much as it is with himself.

And becoming the vessel of trauma, Superman is tested on a psychological and spiritual level, not just in raw strength. Only Superman is great enough to contain his trauma and only Superman is great enough to save Bruce from that trauma. By allowing himself to become a victim to Batman, letting Batman see the roles reversed. And then becoming the superhero model which all heroes should abide to, by sacrificing himself to save the world. Therefore Batman is saved not from Superman but from his own trauma.

I read The Dark Knight Returns and I feel like this is way more honest and respecting to these characters than the Frank Miller story, which reduced Superman to a puppet.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>84973057
This is film. Do you also post /his/ in the Dunkirk threads?
>>
>>84973086
It's a flick at best. >>>/trash/
>>
>>84973150
Stay there.
>>
>>84972825
We literally had a bvs shill thread only yesterday... dont you faggots ever rest
>>
>>84973326
I wouldn't know faggot unlike you I don't monitor /tv/ 24/7.
>>
File: tfwMCUck.png (106KB, 1018x614px) Image search: [Google]
tfwMCUck.png
106KB, 1018x614px
>>84973326
No one is making you view this thread. There are simple features to hide threads that even children could operate. As an adult you could easily ignore threads not related to topics you're interested in. Should you be someone incapable of peacefully tolerating content not absolutely tailored to your tastes, I advise you seek the help of experienced professionals as soon as you're able. No one is making you view this thread. Except maybe the mouse. In that case get fucked.

Regards, Anon.
>>
>>84973411
>lying on an anonymous forum baka

>>84973682
the fact is its reaching spamming levels now, everyday theres at least 2-3 threads about a movie that came out a year ago
>>
>>84973773
Ever considered that maybe it's because it's a great film?
>>
File: 1498850515729.jpg (110KB, 653x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498850515729.jpg
110KB, 653x900px
>>84973773
Says something about the film when it's worth talking about a year after release. Meanwhile most capeshit is forgotten once the shills have moved on to the next movie.
>>
>>84973773
>a movie that came out a year ago
Then why would anyone be shilling this movie? Do you even think about what you post?
>>
The main problem with BvS was that people went in expecting it to be Avengers 3. They expected it to be another superhero blockbuster, and when it wasn't, they were disappointed. It's great as a movie, but bad as a capeshit flick.
>>
>>84973797
no, just stop. its not a bad movie but lets not pretend its a good one either, its a disjointed mess t b h

>>84973803
i know how autistic you faggots get and i dont want to get into a shouting match all im saying is you dont need to make a thread about it EVERY fucking day.

>>84973901
they are trying to sway opinion so that JL gets decent numbers, i call that shilling yes
>>
>>84973803
>pic
fuck
>>
>>84973984
This is unfiltered shitposting. I honestly feel sorry for Marvel shills still mad nobody gives shit about Marvels outside of shilling season.
>>
>>84974029
and THIS is the educated responses i get... everything i said was valid but you faggots have tunnel vision where everyone who disagrees with you is a marvel fan.
>>
>>84973797
No, its a fucking meme.

Its like, when wonder woman is doing well you fags keep quiet, but when an MCU movie does well, ypu resume BvS posting. Its literally clockwork.
>>
File: 20170407_141557.jpg (390KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_141557.jpg
390KB, 576x1024px
It is unironically one of my favourite movie of all time. I can watch it again and again and again and I still see new stuffs and enjoy every moment.

I understand the general hate for the movie because it's not a traditional superhero flick but I love it so so much.

I can't wait for Justice League. I'm 100% sure it will be shit on by critics because it will basically be BvS2 but I know us true fans will love it.
>>
>>84974515
>but when an MCU movie does well, ypu resume BvS posting
So why is this thread here then?
>>
>>84974628
Because Spiderman:Homecoming came out, duh.

For two glorious weeks, no BvS posting. The Homecomig gets 94% on Rottentomatoes and you spam these threads again.

And for the record, Wonder Woman was a good movie. And Man of Steel too. But BvS? No.
>>
>>84974680
How is Homecoming doing well again? Last I checked it's barely keeping pace with the Raimi films not even adjusting for inflation.
>>
>>84974680
>For two glorious weeks, no BvS posting
I imagine this guy wakes up every day, hits the /tv/ catalog and then counts the amount of Marvel/DC threads and then has to engage in company wars so his Marvel can gain the upper hand. Nobody was talking about Marvel before your victim complex hit the thread. And nobody will care if you go make a Marvel thread. Please do. So long as you fuck off.
>>
>>84973326
hey newfriend

>>84973797
this

>>84973957
this

>>84974680
Are you this addicted to things you hate?

How much is the mouse paying you?
>>
File: 1386722711502.jpg (8KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1386722711502.jpg
8KB, 211x246px
>>84974084
>can barely make a post without using shill/faggot/autism
>MUH INTELLIGENT DISCOURSE
>>
>>84974621
>it will basically be BvS2

If only. The cuck king whedon is going to shit all over it
>>
>>84975812
Forgot about that... Honestly I wasn't afraid until he kicked Junkie XL out. I'm still mad about that. Junkie XL score on BvS is godlike
>>
>>84975812
I'm sure whedon has already replaced tension with pizza jokes
>>
File: snyder_timeline.jpg (118KB, 1180x435px) Image search: [Google]
snyder_timeline.jpg
118KB, 1180x435px
>>84972825
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1500124410965.webm
>>
>>84974801
About as much as the Bunny is paying you

>>84974735
Imagine this guy everyday, making a BvS thread
>>
>>84974711
It's on par with those terrible ASM films
>>
File: autisticscreechingintensifies.jpg (32KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
autisticscreechingintensifies.jpg
32KB, 600x350px
>>84972825
People like to shit on the conflict because of "martha" but to understand it you have to look at all three sides of the conflict, starting here with Lex.
Luthor's primary reason for instigating this conflict is purely out of ego. It is entirely personal and not based on philosophy.
Him shoving the Jolly Rancher into that politician's mouth, putting "Granny's Peach Tea" in front of the Senator at show how fucking petty he is and how he feels the need to show his superiority at every turn. His entire plan is needlessly convoluted, because he thinks he's some kind of ebin manipulator, but Lois and the Army all realize it's a set-up. He quotes all these philosophers, makes references to art and ancient history (his painting and his Prometheus story), engages in pseudo-philosophical ramblings (especially on the rooftop with Superman), but really its just a way to play himself off as intelligent. His entire rationale for this conflict really comes down to the line he uttered at the party: "knowledge without power is paradoxical", he feels powerless before Superman, who he believes himself to be intellectually superior to (along with everyone else), so he goes out of his way to crush and humiliate him, just like the Senator. To him, Superman's only crime is really just existing.
>>
File: MAAARRRTTTHHHAAA.jpg (68KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAAARRRTTTHHHAAA.jpg
68KB, 1200x600px
>>84978887
Now, Batman's motivations for the conflict are similarly masking behind pragmatism and philosophy, but really very personal.
Batman's starts off with saying stuff like "even if there is a 1% chance he turns evil" and "nobody stays good in this world" but later on you get to see his true intentions. He tells Alfred how the Waynes were hunters, likening Superman to some sort of big prize, much more significant to all the criminals he's hunted before. This is also due to his backstory, Batfleck has obviously been fighting crime for a very long time, but feels like he has accomplished nothing, especially with the death of Robin. This jadedness is also what makes him willing to kill criminals and become more brutal in the present. Now, Superman arrives, and he sees just how everything he has accomplished pales to the significance of Superman's arrival. So he convinces himself that Superman might turn bad, has his little Knightmare which further reinforces his delusion, and goes out to kill Superman because it he believes it might be the only thing he does that ever matters.
However, he snaps out of this when Superman goes on about his mother, which reminds himself of the reason he actually decided to become Batman in the first place, and realizes just how far he's fallen.
>>
File: WHEREISSHE.jpg (121KB, 750x929px) Image search: [Google]
WHEREISSHE.jpg
121KB, 750x929px
>>84979322
Superman however, is not actually very active in this conflict. He is of course, the least driven to have any part of it, but becomes dragged into this mess simply because he exists.
Throughout the rest of the film, Superman is shown to be conflicted, he genuinely is trying to do the right thing but is scrutinized at every turn. He constantly seeks support from Lois and his mother, which are his links to humanity, but ironically are the reason he is dragged into the conflict. His reasons are completely selfless, unlike Lex and Batman; he really just want them to be safe. Although Lex attempts to antagonize him with Batman, when it comes down to their fight it is completely about saving those he cares about, not about whatever he has against Batman.
Ironically, both Lex and Batman come to realize his humanity through those he cares about, but while Batman snaps out of his delusions because of this, Lex refuses to acknowledge his humanity and instead uses it against him.
>>
liking batman vs superman is the opinion form of the dunning kruger effect
>>
File: IMG_0499.jpg (163KB, 2046x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
163KB, 2046x935px
>>84972825
Good critique, anon.

And this just in from the House of Chad: Lex revealed to Lois why he wasn't sweating her big "discovery." Pic related.

>"I'm afraid that's allusion going to blow away like sand in the desert . . . next catergory: CIRCLES! round and round and ROUND they go to find Superman. MMM! wrong category! boy no no TRIANGLES! Yes, Euclid's triangle inequality, the shortest distance between any two points is a straight path. and i believe the straightest path to Superman is a pretty little road called Lois Lane.
>>
File: IMG_0486.png (3MB, 1600x1384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0486.png
3MB, 1600x1384px
>>84976902
"They will join you in the sun."
>>
File: 1465332214487.jpg (40KB, 655x356px) Image search: [Google]
1465332214487.jpg
40KB, 655x356px
Come join us, brother.
>>84978384
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.