[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just admit you didnt understand the movie and move on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 7

File: fp9cyztotixdhs6aghdv.jpg (79KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
fp9cyztotixdhs6aghdv.jpg
79KB, 620x470px
Just admit you didnt understand the movie and move on
>>
>>84412986
>DUDE SUPERHEROS ARE LIKE GREEK GODS LOL
>>
MERTHA

>IS SHE WITH YOU
>I THOUGHT SHE WAS WITH YOU
>>
>>84412986
it wanted to be Fountainhead and it failed HARD

so yes it was shit
>>
>>84412986
I admit I'm not a mongoloid that watches undiluted trash like this, close enough?
>>
What would happen in the 99.999% likely chance their mother's names weren't both Martha? Would Superman be dead and the movie over?
>>
I admit I didn't understand how such a shitty script was approved in the first place.
I mean they had a great comic book template for the Batman vs. Superman fight (The dark Knight returns). Just change it slightly and you have a decent movie.
>>
>>84412986
Yeah, I can't understand how a movie featuring my 2 childhood icons can be so shit.
>>
>>84413025
>I've researched her past and somehow thought the hundred year old greek warrior was friends with the alien who showed up llike 5 years ago.
>Worlds greatest detective
>>
>s.. sabe mardha.. :DDD
>WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY DIS?? :DD
Wow.... Deep. Really made me think.
>>
>>84412986

I understood it the movie just didn't understand me
>>
It's lucky that their moms were both named Martha
>Martha!
>Who the hell is Martha? Now you die!
>smush
>END
>>
>>84412986
just admit that talking about gods and other "deep" themes doesn't make a movie good and move on
>>
>>84412986

The difference between Snyderfags and Lynchfags is that David Lynch is actually making art while Zack Snyder makes dumb blockbusters that aren't even good at being dumb blockbusters.
>>
is BvS the G-Reco of movies?
>>
>>84413025
>>84413097
>>84413119
Hi Rebbit
>>
>>84413136
Is this just an automatic response when someone hurts your feelings now
That's adorable
>>
>>84412986

I understood it. It was just boring, the lines were poorly written and delivered, the action had a very finite amount of cool moments and the overall premise of Batman standing a fraction of a chance against a guy who can literally turn back time and shoot sun-powered rays out of his eyes is a battle that should be over so quickly it shouldn't warrant a 3 hour fucking movie.

Say what you want about Marvel but I'd rather be having fun in my stupid movie than be bored in my stupid movie, which is the only the DC manages to deliver on.
>>
>>84413172
>now

its the most cancerous comeback on this shit site

>haha i call you reddit
>dude memes lmao
>>
>>84413172
>Do I fit in yet guys?
>>
>>84413193
At least it used to be said when someone was saying something "reddity"
>>
>>84413204
If you really want to know I've been on 4chan on and off for around 8 years. But hey if it makes you feel better to call me reddit you just go right ahead there tough guy, I hope it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Batman vs Superman will still be a shit movie either way.
>>
>>84413193
>furious and literally shaking redditor releases his impotent anger
>>
>>84413229
>Seething newfag fresh off the boat desperately attempts, and fails, to convince people of his "oldfagness"
>>
>>84413269
This is some serious butthurt. Over a capeshit movie? Dude. Sad.
>>
>>84413316
>Seething newcunt wipes tears from is eyes and furiously bashes the keyboard, upset no one is upboating his posts
>>
>>84413136
>>84413204
>>84413231
>>84413269
>>84413354
Redditors BTFO
>>
File: 1486892974620.jpg (2MB, 5756x2404px) Image search: [Google]
1486892974620.jpg
2MB, 5756x2404px
>tfw people enjoyed Transformers 5 more than they enjoyed BvS
Once a pleb always a pleb
>>
>>84413175

Only a retard could claim this film was boring.
>>
>>84413418
Your responses are boring and lack any creativity. As expected from a redditor who has to follow the mainstream to be upboated.
>>
>>84413072
>how such a shitty script was approved in the first place.
Do you watch modern blockbusters?
The script almost doesn't matter anymore. It's more about spectacle and brand recognition.
>>
>>84413478
>No u
>pure gold
I know the thought of it dominates your psyche, but there's no reddit gold here newfriend.
>>
>>84413420
Superman has no arc in this movie.
>>
>>84413478
He's right, you do sound like a redditor.
>>
File: Redditor on suicide watch.png (6KB, 352x96px) Image search: [Google]
Redditor on suicide watch.png
6KB, 352x96px
>>84413522
HAHAHA you are so wrong yet again redditor, way to expose yourself.
>>
>>84413617
>t-there is only one person here calling me out as a pathetic redditor I swear
What a standard and boring response. Yawn.
>>
>>84413658
>Greentexting
Who are you quoting? Fuck you need to lurk more dude.
>>
>>84413421

It was though. The movie spent 90% of it's run time on a weird combination of poorly defined morality and weak character conflict that didn't feel genuine at all.

Every second of the movie felt like the director had read "Religious Imagery and Moral Philosophy for Dummies" and vowed to get that across in every frame.

Most of the time very little is actually happening that feels like it belongs in a super hero movie.
>>
>>84413715
>if I double down on my reddit rhetoric, maybe they will finally accept me
>>
>>84413766
Dance my puppet.
>>
Jesus this thread sucks more than Batman vs Superman sucked and that's saying a lot
>>
>>84413799
I own you redditor. Everything that you are responding is what I have set you up to say. You couldn't be more predictable if you tried.
>>
>>84413476
There are recent blockbusters where the scripts are at least decent.
John Wick comes to mind or Fury Road
>>
>>84412986
>DUDE THIS MOVIE IS SOOO DEEEEEP, BROOO! IT'S TOTALLY NOT JUST AN OTHER GENERIC SUPERHERO MOVIE!
>>
>>84412986
I got what they were going for. It's just that it was really poorly put together, as if they decided to shoot a script that was still in the middle of rewrites.
And it didn't help having Snyder at the helm, who does not know how to tell a story unless he's got a pretty rigid roadmap, like he did with Watchmen and 300 (he fucked up Watchmen too, but for different reasons).
>>
>i made a thread about a shit movie and now they're calling it shit
>ha ha i am like a puppet master
>>
>tfw you think the movie's portrayal of alfred and autismLuthor was great
>>
Never thought I'd say this, but I miss Dawn Of Justice posting that we had last year around mid spring and throughout most of the summer. Shit was so fucking fun and almost 70% was filled with it, truly chaotic shitposting at it's finest.

>>84413873
I think it's rather bad, but how is it generic?
>>
>>84413833
>Fury Road
What? It was a great movie but there was hardly any plot or character development, just good action
>>
This was the main villain
'nuff said
>>
>>84413886
>Too scared to even reply to me
Didn't even make the thread you seething newcunt. Dance now
>>
>>84413881
Aye, the biggest problem with it was the wasted potential + setting up 10 different movies
>>
>>84413175
>Batman standing a fraction of a chance against a guy who can literally turn back time and shoot sun-powered rays out of his eyes is a battle that should be over so quickly
I hated BvS for some of the reasons you mentioned but this is a dumb point because watching the underdog at least land some punches is a good way to make a movie engrossing. The Batman vs Superman fight might have been the only trully entertaining bit of the film because of that (and the look of desperation on Batman's face when the kryptonite effect was wearing off was great too).
>>
>>84413893
same here friendo
I hated the idea of irons as alfred
now the more i watch it the more i feel he nails it
>>
I can see why someone might like this film even though I think it sucked. But why get mad when someone criticizes it? Come on it's not some film classic, no need to sperg out.
>>
>>84413833
Neither of those movies have interesting scripts.
>>
>>84413893
I think they were good ideas but the actual portrayal was poor. Mainly due to Snyder's shit skill at directing actors.
I think Luthor had a couple of good moments but it had so many cringe-worthy ones, and I'm really sure this is mostly due to Snyder not knowing how to handle actors other than telling them how to pose so he can get his references to religious imagery right.
>>
>>84413974

Yeah, but you always felt that the only reason Batman got in any punches was thanks to [gimmick here]. Like he wasn't clever, he wasn't powerful, and hell even the armored suit he wore didn't really lean the battle a lot in his favor or even it out much.

The only reason he got in the few punches he did was because of magic kryptonian gass.

He didn't fall back on his Batman ninja-like stealth, or the element of fear or his incredible detective skills. Nope, it was just that he happened to spray stingy liquid in Superman's mouth and that was it.

Belive it or not though, I don't actually blame Batman or the movie for that. That's a fault with the writing of Superman. When the only thing that can dent this guy is a magic green rock, then you ALWAYS have to find a reason for his enemy to have access to this magic green rock.
>>
>>84414073
It's rather simple, some people treat it as a personal offence when someone's criticizing some they like, be they in the right or wrong.
>>
>>84413893
Irons as Alfred was the only part I truly liked, and they somehow wasted and misused him.
Although I think he and Affleck are a little too close in age, but I can let that slide.
>>
>>84413903
Did it bring something new?
>>
>>84414111
Superman has always been too powerful and it's always made him a less interesting protag. I liked that in the original motion picture rather than defeating him he was forced to make a choice that would be bad either way ... though they magic'd their way out of that one too by giving him even MORE powers.

Superman vs anyone was a bad idea from the start
>>
>>84413930
>implying snyder isn't warning us about zuckerberg
>>
>>84413903
As strange a concept as it is, 'Batman + 9/11' feels almost generic now, after the Nolan movies.
>>
>>84414151
superman krumping captain america when?
>>
>>84412986
>he has the power to destroy the world...
>DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ORANGE SLICES
>>
The part where superman and zod trash metropolis and batfleck watches helplessly is pretty great
>>
>>84414111
Well, it wasn't great but it was the only moment of the movie that I found somewhat entertaining, and it actually felt like a superhero film.
Btw, I would've liked that WW was the one that found out about Luthor's trickery and was the one that stopped the fight in order to point them into the right direction, sort of foreshadowing her role on the JL. I think that with something along those lines, and a better setup for Doomsday, the film would've been a lot better, even with the rest of Snyder's bullshit.
That and eliminating the Knightmare scene, or at least cutting out the parademons and Flash at the end, that didn't have jack shit to do with the rest of the movie, and was extremely confusing for anybody who's not a comic book fan (and even some fans like me too, since I didn't get right away that was supposed to be Flash, and it didn't help that he looked nothing like the security cam footage).
>>
>>84414222
All that shit is too on the nose for me, and I'm not even American.
>>
>>84414143
Again, how is it generic? While not something that's new, since Watchmen and some other movies did it before BvS, it certainly differs from your run of the mill Marvel flick in a sense that it tried to have philosophical depth, even though it failed in that regard. Also, Snyder tried to make it more artistic, and he failed here, too, so I'd say it differs in that aspect, as well.
>>84414172
Wouldn't say it's generic, since not a lot of capeshit flicks are like BvS. Something like latest two Star Wars flicks is something I'd call generic, while BvS is just a movie which succumbed to it's own ambition.
>>
>>84412986
no, the DCucks are wrong on this
>>
>tfw you get a phd in cinematic studies and finally understand bvs
>>
I love Zack tbqh
>>
What's not to understand? The super obvious and unsubtle Christ imagery?
>>
>>84414244
As far as action scenes go it was pretty great.
>>
File: crying.png (243KB, 524x601px) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
243KB, 524x601px
>>84414255
>I'll never no this feel
>mfw
>>84414278
I respect him because he tried to do something more than a mere capeflick, but he's full of himself and wastes his potential, even more so than Nolan.
>>
>>84414250
philosophical depth? um at what moment please? You could say it was somewhat political, but philosophical?
>>
>>84414255
What's worse, knowing that in 5 years people will be writing PhD dissertations about this garbage, or that in 15 years professors will be lecturing about it
>>
>>84414311
Christian symbolic is prevalent in both MoS and BvS and it's strikingly obvious.
>>
>>84414314
>garbage
Brainlet detected
>>
>>84414347
Is that why the Jews hate this film? Not memeing
>>
>>84414359
Are you going to call me reddit and tell us all about how you're the puppetmaster now?
>>
>>84414237
The bit in the nightmare scene where Batman fires a gun without even looking lmao what the fuck
>>
>>84412986
>move on
said the piece of shit of being a human who keep wasting his precious life in here defending this turds.
>>
>>84414372
they hate the film because it lacks quips
>>
>>84414372
Maybe, but it's more because of it's dreadful writing, "gloomy" filter which Zack often uses and some even called it "misogynistic".
>>
>>84414372
>implying non-Jews don't hate it just as much
Also where do you get this information? Did you conduct a poll of your local Jews?
>>
>>84414404
It has quips...but they're lame.
"I thought she was with you" really?
>>
>>84414372
Jews hate the film? What better way to make your brand relevent for the half a decade it takes an autistic retard to make justice league than spin it as misunderstood? Keep the debate going and good or bad, people remember BvS.
>>
>>84414384
No, im just going to laugh at how much of a cinema pleb you are.
>>
>>84414384
*deletes posts*
>>
>>84414428
I meant it was not filled to the brim with quips like marvel movies are.

Take the example of zim throwing the knife and pinning ace in Starship troopers. The quip works because it is juxtaposed with a very gory action.
>>
>LEL IM SUCH A NERD XDD SUPERHERO MOVIES ROCK!!1
>>>/co/ is that way you tumblr browsing man children
>>
>>84414480
>is she a shoe
>no I though she was shoe
Pretty sure you don't know what a quip is faggot because there were some doosies
>>
>>84414491
>halfway through 2017
>still thinking tv can be saved
Cry more
>>
>>84414562
muh /pol/ am I rite? XDDD
>>
>>84414347
Do you even know what philosophy is?
>>
>>84414399
He's pulling a Seagal.
>>
>>84413060
Would still be the same result at the end as the original movie
>>
>>84414631
enlighten me
>>
Required reading for anyone who wants to understand this movie: http://grero.com
>>
File: images.jpg (46KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
46KB, 720x1080px
>>84413420
Man of steel > BvS

DC Power Rankings
1. Man of Steel
2. Wonder Woman
3. BvS
4. Suicide Squad
>>
I thought it was a pretty decent movie.

I thought the implications strewn were interesting, and would like to see where they go. I do however, as a consumate, total DC fanboy recognize it as a cash in and some dumb reason to introduce Wonder Woman. I am still not complaining about that.

I still wonder though, why the fuck is it OK when Marvel does it, but when DC does it it's just "oh that was done before:" all the sudden.

All your heroes, all of them have a hero that existed before yours in marvel. That's an objective reality. Marvel fanboys are the most supreme twats ever. Bow down to the original.
>>
File: 1498386878478.jpg (128KB, 675x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498386878478.jpg
128KB, 675x960px
>>84414688
MoS had best waifu
>>
>>84414717
Most of the recent Marvel superheroes didn't have a well-established film history. At most a few of them like Captain America and Dr. Strange had some failed low-budget 80s tries that no one remembered. So that might be why.
>>
>>84412986
Just admit it was shit and move on
>>
Is it bad I don't remember much of this movie or man of steel?
>>
>>84414782
Agreed, I don't know why my memory of them is so vague. I don't know if it's that Seattle winter color palette or what, but they both just vaporized from my mind as soon as I turned them off. Why are they so unmemorable?
>>
>batman suddenly changes his mind because he realizes superman has a mother too
defend this
>>
>>84414764

I think mainly, the DC live-action managers are very stupid, and knee-jerking their casting rather than actually searching for people that truly ARE those heroes in persona.
>>
>>84414668
Philosophy entails the elaboration or exploration of a system of ideas that inform an outlook on life and existence. Mimicking religious imagery isn't philosophy.
>>
>>84414372
Why would Jews hate it?
As a Christian I find it offensive though.
To compare Superman, who does nothing for the benefit of mankind except solving the problems his own kind caused, to the Lord is just cheap, nothing else.

And I'm not some oversensitive bitch, I enjoy a good Messiah story that takes a lot of freedoms.
Nausicaa for example. The difference here is that it doesn't steal Christian symbols but actually show her as a Messiah, by bringing actual salvation to the world through her philosophy and undoes the sins of man through personal sacrifice.
>>
>>84414834
it humanizes superman. Batfleck has nightmares about superman being a spess ayylmao who only cares about ruling humanity as a god.

The last thing superman tells batfleck as he is about to lose is to save his mum, who is coincidentally named martha.
>>
>>84414782
I wish I could remember this one as little as I do Man of Steel, but the stink remains.
>>
>>84414915

A complicated string of words makes a fool the same as a simple one.
>>
>>84414933
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious what they were going for, I just though it was kind of a shitty reason for him to finally sympathize with him made a thousand times worse by being awfully written into the movie.
>>
>>84414688

Man of Steel went right to hell in its second half an became an overly long sequence of mostly empty spectacle. Good action, sure, but it overstayed its welcome. It was only really good in the parts where we say Clark wandering the earth, looking for a place to fit in. I want a whole movie like that.

BvS was a lot better. Didn't have the greatest third act either but at least it was better paced.
>>
>>84414960
eh, it was really not readily apparent. It came across as stupid. If supes had said something like "save me mum", it would have been much more fitting.
>>
>>84414941
It's not a complicated string of words, it's the easiest way I could think of defining philosophy in as few words as possible, considering English isn't even my first language. Anybody over 15 can understand that sentence.

And my point still remains.
>>
>>84414941
>that sentence
>complicated
and you call others fools.
>>
>>84414996

I recognized it, but yeah I was being a dick because I thought you were a native speaker. I've never seen anybody just puke their vocabulary out without trying to be a complete prick.

My bad, being that you don't speak English as your first language.
>>
>>84414992
Yeah, that's what I meant by it being terribly written. But I still got what they meant by it.

That's the problem I always run into when trying to discuss this film. It's not that I don't get what they tried to say with the movie. I do, and some of the ideas were good. But Snyder is a shit director and made an awful film that failed to give people an aeshethically pleasant experience along with the message it was trying to transmit.
>>
>>84414915
As I've said, Snyder failed in that regard, but how is a confrontation between a mortal and a god not something that would deemed as philosophical?
>>
>>84415079
Depends on what it leads to.
But BvE just gave us:
>Man meets god
>Man punches god
>God punches man
>Man and god punch big space alien
>>
>>84415127

I love DC because sometimes, they just let the writers do whatever the fuck they want.

>was that a kid's show? Oh hold on now it has adult themes because fuck this

If they didn't push the envelope we never would have had Harley, that amazing Mr. Freeze origin or just about anything that has made DC great up to now. WB has forgotten what made the universe great.
>>
>>84415127
You're forgetting all those pretentious remarks Lex had and the conflict Superman and Batman had, but aye, since it was never fleshed out in a meaningful way, it comes down to what you mentioned.
>>
>>84415272
>since it was never fleshed out in a meaningful way, it comes down to what you mentioned.
Yeah, that's the problem with this movie. It attempts so much but achieves so little. It didn't even accomplish being entertaining, let alone being actually compelling at an intellectual level.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.