[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 42

File: pertscream.gif (580KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
pertscream.gif
580KB, 400x309px
Screaming Pertwee edition

last thread >>83894224
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
GOOSEBERRY BROWN
>>
>>83914795
Who could play the Master opposite Rosenthal?
>>
>>83914728
what cool new power will the Cybermen be given in the finale? they were able to fly last time and it was epic
>>
File: doctor13.png (249KB, 685x240px) Image search: [Google]
doctor13.png
249KB, 685x240px
It's between these two.
>Tom Rosenthal: comedian and actor. Wacky, 'random', similar to Smith
>Kris Marshall: actor, known for playing sex addict. Also wacky.

How do you feel?
>>
>>83914840
Kris Marshall
>>
>>83914900
I know I'll be fucking annoyed if it's Rosenthal.
>>
>>83914900
At least they're white and male
>>
"Hewwo. I'm the Doctor!"

Is it actually happening? I thought it was Kris
>>
It's Kris.
>>
>>83914900
>How do you feel?
i feel like dying
>>
>>83914948
please don't use that kind of language, this is a safe space
>>
>>83914900
Mildly sick
>>
>>83914948
Tom is Jewish.
>>
It's probably gonna be an actor none of us have heard of.
>>
>>83915020
so Tom Rosenthal then?
>>
>>83915020
Smatt Miff
>>
>>83915020
This would be the best option.
>>
The juxtaposition between a young 11-esque Master and an older grumpier 12 could've been interesting
>>
13 is going to be Tennant for the 3rd time
>>
>tfw the 13th Doctor will probably be the first bad Doctor
>>
File: fnd.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
fnd.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>83914840
>>
Hey gwuys! Tom hewa! I'm so gwad to have bein offe'd the oppwatunity to be tha docta, and wud like to take tha time to thwank bbc thwee and chris chi'bnal for guving me the woll. I can't wait to go on swo many qwuirky and wandom andventua's wit you wuvly peopwul :P
>>
>>83915129
If he and The Doctor have the same relationship as Alan Statham and Boyce, I'm in
>>
>>83915129
I have this exclusive preview clip of next series' multi-Master episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRZaaCypZqo
>>
Can imagine both of them in Timmy Mallett style wacky outfits.
>>
>>83914900
Please Kris any day. I'd take boring a million times over a lolrandom comedian twink.
>>
https://twitter.com/MineCartMayhem/status/846795816782172160

Holy fuck. It's Tom Rosenthal isn't it?
>>
>>83914900
Pretty meh, I think I'd prefer Rosenthal because I've had more exposure to him but, the prospect doesn't excite me.
>>
File: stephen_mangan.jpg (171KB, 640x380px) Image search: [Google]
stephen_mangan.jpg
171KB, 640x380px
He'd be perfect and you know it.

>>83915020
Alternatively this.
>>
>>83915244
From this, the 13th Doctor is realistically:
>Tom Rosenthal
>Andrew Buchan
>Richard Ayoade
>Tom Ellis
>>
>>83915282
I can see it, as long as we get this scene with him and Missy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-FCzBV2tU
>>
>>83915308
>Andrew Buchan
I'd like this. Tom Ellis has some other project on doesn't he?
>>
>>83914900
More like Tom NEANDERTHAL amirite?
>>
>>83914728
doctor who more like doctor fecal matter
>>
File: danphil.jpg (57KB, 615x400px) Image search: [Google]
danphil.jpg
57KB, 615x400px
To appeal to the millennial demographic, the BBC will regenerate the Doctor into 2 ecelebs.
>>
File: 0987654355.png (84KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
0987654355.png
84KB, 620x414px
>>83915401
>>
>>83915401
Lucifer, which is way better than it has any business being.
>>
What would BBC see in Tom Rosenthal? Do they really think they'd gain viewers with him?
>>
>>83915465
Smaller paycheck. He looks like a love child between tennant and smith.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NXYG2miuc
>>
What about the guy who played Ollie on Thick of It?
>>
>>83915465
>comedian
>young, quirky
>worked with Chibnall before

It's either him, Kris Marshall, or Andrew Buchan, who's also worked with Chibnall. It's just odd that Rosenthal's name has come up in the bookies considering he's basically an unknown.
>>
If it's Rosenthal then I'm done with the show.
>>
>>83915454
>>83915308
>>83915401
I really liked his performance in Broadchurch, and he's very capable of delivering strong lines akin to capaldi. Plus he's reasonably attractive so he could bring the tumblr audience back potentially
>>
>>83915512
he was already in Death in Heaven

shame Capaldi didn't get to shout at him one last time though
>>
>tfw I know who it is
>>
>>83915449
Probably not for the Doctor but I can imagine BBC casting some trendy Youtube vlogger as the next companion.
>>
>>83915497
That's not a good thing. He also lacks balance between fun and serious. He'd be nothing but "HEY GWUYS, DWOCTA WHO HWEA! :D"
>>
>>83915574
tfw I know that you know who it is
>>
>>83915574
>>83915600
its me
>>
I recently learned that pic related, one of my favourite stories in Series 1, is apparently near-universally reviled. Why?

>dat over-ambitious and underexplored setting
I thought it was perfect. One of the great things about Doctor Who is that the characters can go to times and places that are fascinating in their own right, but only ancilliary to the story being told. It's great fuel for the imagination.

>dat hamfisted aesop
I thought it was about as on-the-nose as a Doctor Who moral should be, especially since "a media outlet with too much influence and not enough criticism can turn into a dangerous propaganda machine" is a pretty agreeable moral regardless of your individual political affiliation, unlike most of RTD's (usually childishly partisan) "social commentary".

>dat story about how apparently RTD submitted this story to JNT in the 80s and got rejected, and his eventually taking over the show and producing this episode a decade and a half later was him living out the ultimate revenge fantasy
Suitably pretentious but I'll let it slide because this story is actually good.
>>
Bets close in a few days...All will be revealed on the 24th...The new Doctor is a certain ex-Broadchurch star. Or Kris Marshall. Or Richard Ayoade
>>
>>83915521
Wouldn't he also tick the ethnic minority checkbox? I understand he's of the religion of abraham. I have no idea if the BBC diversity qouta meme is valid, but he'd be a safe choice in that regard right?
>>83915591
I've not seen any dramatic performances by him so I guess I'll have to take your word for that. I just worry about a refreshing new take with someone that looks like an amalgam of two previous doctors that were hugely popular.
>>
I fear Rosenthal couldn't do the 'serious' stuff/emotional scenes. Same fear I have with Kris Marshall. Andrew Buchan on the other hand...
>>
>>
>>83915244
Who are we going to confirm as the next doctor next week?
>>
>>83915574
>>83915600
>tfw I know for a fact that neither of you know who it is, but I do
>>
>>83915746
I'm pretty sure Kris Marshall could deliver serious lines. But Adrew Buchan is my new favorite as of 5 minutes now of even considering him.
>>
>>83915788
At this point I'd say its safe to say it's either Kris Marshall, Andrew Buchan, Tom Rosenthal, or Tom Ellis
>>
>>
>>83915788
I still think they'll surprise reveal him in the finale. They've been awfully quite about it all considering the xmas special films imminently
>>
>>83914900
>wacky

We're fucked either way. Every Doctor nowadays is a wacky le random Ten clone with a slight twist (Eleven was Ten if he was awkward and a bit more uncool, Twelve is Ten if he went through a mid-life crisis) rather than unique but identifiable permutations on the same character as they were in the old days.

I have nothing against Tennant, he was a great Doctor, but his time is up. They are stifling their own creativity by clinging so desperately to the Ten concept in what is obviously a desperate attempt to return to the days when Tennant was the Doctor, the show was beloved and the ratings were good. The worst part is I am quite certain that it's executives that are responsible for this rather than the actual showrunner(s).
>>
>>83915642
I wouldn't call it one of my favorites of the season but I also don't get the hate. It's pretty good.
>>
>>83915822
No, not Tom Ellis, he's already committed elsewhere.
>>
>>83915576
It's really just this decade's equivalent of casting a teen pop star as Rose
>>
>>83915788
Brendan Frasier
>>
>>83915852
I personally don't mind the quirky angle they've tried to take, But Tom Rosenthall is too over the top, it's sickening. It will be just so comical seeing his face plastered in to the more series moments of the show. At least 10 had balance, hell, even Smith did to a lesser extent.
>>
>>83915879
>Kris Marshall
>Andrew Buchan
>Tom Rosenthal

One of these three
>>
>>83916058
>>Kris Marshall
>>Andrew Buchan
>>Tom Rosenthal
Fuck marry, kill. Go
>>
>>83916132
fuck Kris
kill Andrew
marry Tom
>>
I said right from the get go it would be Andrew Buchan. He has the look, he can do drama, and he's worked with Chibnall before. In other words, he'd be a trusted, safe choice, and fits the "dashing, in his 30's" mould that the BBC allegedly wanted for Series 11 and the 13th Doctor. I'd be fine with Kris Marshall, even Tom Rosenthal, but Andrew Buchan would be the pragmatic choice. We'll have to see though.
>>
>>83916212
it is him :)
>>
>>83916212
I really do want Andrew too, he's a great actor and his performance in Broadchurch was fantastic.
>>
>>83916212
I was really bored of Andrew Buchan when he kept being suggested, but after all the Kris Marshall talk, the prospect of a Buchan Doctor has actually become refreshing and would be a relief
Anyway guess I'm gonna go and watch Broadchurch
>>
>>83916246
Hey, Mini Matt.
Nice to see you're bringing your passive-aggressive smile and all-lowercase style of writing here.
>>
You're forced to have a female doctor, and you've been assigned to cast them. One rule
You can't be attracted to them
>>
>>83916430
Charlie Covell from RTD's "Banana" series. She was great as the OCD lesbian in that.
>>
>>83916430
your mum
>>
>>83914900
Gimme the strawberry blonde.
I'd take him over the preppy idiot.
>>
>>83916430
Tilda Swinton.

The dream choice is of course Hayley Atwell but that goes against your rule.
>>
From January:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-star-peter-capaldi-9732513

>But show insiders say incoming boss Chris Chibnall is eyeing Andrew Buchan as the 13th Time Lord, having worked with him over the past five years.

Just checked his IMDB page too, no new listed work set for 2017 onwards.

Could it be him?
>>
>>83916430
I'd never want a female doctor, but the ideal direction if they had to be would be Grandmotherly and stoic. If we're sticking to Broadchurch stars, I'd have to go with Charlotte Rampling
>>
>>83916608
Andrew Buchan looks like ugly version of Barrowman.
>>
>>83916608
Hopefully, or maybe He's the master and Rosenthal is the doctor :^)
>>
File: 13 and 11.jpg (19KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
13 and 11.jpg
19KB, 500x250px
>>83916661
That's mean
>>
Can someone give me all the hints so far on who will be the next Doctor?
>>
New Blind Wave. Anyone got their reaction for the next episode?

https://youtu.be/zNWonHKThMk
>>
>>83916714
Ugly but cute.
>>
File: 13 and rory.jpg (73KB, 634x421px) Image search: [Google]
13 and rory.jpg
73KB, 634x421px
>>83916732
Good question
>>
I disliked Buchan when the first speculations started, but now, of all alternatives, I think he's one of the best choices. Because honestly, Rosenthal would be unironically first shit Doctor.
>>
https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/doctor-who/next-doctor

Updated odds. 'James Norton' has appeared out of absolutely nowhere recently. Andrew Buchan still remains. Kris Marshall still on the top. Tom Rosenthal in the top 10.
>>
Who would be better? Tom Rosenthal or Kris Marshall?
>>
File: hashtagdemelbows.jpg (87KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
hashtagdemelbows.jpg
87KB, 600x800px
Which companion would you most smash with the force of a thousand suns and why isn't it Amy?
>>
>>83916923
It's Andrew Buchan, been obvious from the minute Capaldi announced he was leaving
>>
>tfw Doctor Who the Complete Review is dead
I didn't expect them to go for 20 years and actually catch up with the show, but they seem to have quit after 8 episodes.
>>
>>83916923
>'James Norton' has appeared out of absolutely nowhere recently
Isn't it's just like was with Capaldi?
>>
>>83917010
Marshall of course.
>>
>>83916732
I am.
>>
>>83917010
Kris Marshall, Tom Rosenthal strikes me as 'funny gay male companion' material. He's not a Doctor type at all.
>>
>>83917033
Um, of course, anon.
>>
>>83917011
>only companion not to get BLACKED
She's literally perfect
>>
>>83917054
He makes me think of those Doctor Who obsessed teenagers who the roleplay as the "new Doctor" and write fanfictions about themselves being the Doctor and dress up in quirky clothing.
>>
Who's more preferable out of Kris Marshall and Andrew Buchanon tho?
>>
>>83917107
The latter
>>
Danny Pink is the sole reason I can't rewatch S8 episodes. I hate his character and how much screentime he has.
>>
>>83917107
Based Buchan obviously. Although I want to see Kris Marshall play the Doctor.
>>
It's James Norton. Announcement is on the 24th. Name has appeared in the bookies just before as it did with Smith and Capaldi
>>
>>83917107
Buchan is 100% a better actor, I think Marshall is more Doctor material tho.
>>
From spoilerhounds on Gallifrey Base

Chibnall is adopting a series long singular story stretched out across 8 episodes in a format similar to Broadchurch. Each episode will apparently be anywhere from 50 minutes to 1 hour long. A strong emphasis on mulitple supporting characters and not just the Companion or companions will be implemented.

As for the story. It is being rumoured that the 13th Doctor will become embroiled in a war between the Great Vampires and the Time Lords. The Daleks are taking a back seat, as is the Master for a few series. Chris wants to introduce new and old Time Lords into the show.

The tone of the series is mature, dark, but also fun and action orientated.
>>
>>83916732
I am.
>>
Eaters of Light confirmed average
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-the-eaters-of-light-advance-review-85357.htm
>>
Has anyone here read Mad Larry's guide to Doctor Who?

There's no way I'm giving that cuck any of my money but I'm kind of curious about these books. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>83917107
Kris Marshall, obvs.
Buchan's incredibly dull in comparison.
>>
>>83917234

They're fantastic books
>>
>>83917181
This. I've only seen Buchan in Broadchurch so I've never seen him do 'quirky'. Kris Marshall is like Tom Baker - basically already the Doctor in everything he does.

Before the "Kris Marshall is 13" rumours started, I always thought he'd be a good Doctor after watching him in Death in Paradise
>>
>>83917185
HELL. YES.
I feel like I'm watching the classic series again!
>>
>>83917185
Fag who hasn't watched the classic series here. Who are the great vampires, and why would I look forward to the being a part of series 11 plot?
>>
>>83917363
They were only ever alluded to (check out State of Decay if you want tidbits of backstory)
>>
>>83917363
>Who are the great vampires, and why would I look forward to the being a part of series 11 plot?
They're giants who spawn your typical dracula-like bloodsucking vampires from humans and such. Ancient enemies of the time lords. In books its mentioned that Rassilon used bowships to impale them.
>>
>>83917363
From the lore, the Great Vampires are literally the Time Lords greatest enemies even more so than the Daleks, the Time Lords had to develop bow ships which Time Lord pilots flew into the Hearts of the Gigantic vampires in order to kill them. They are one of the most dangerous whoniverse beings.
>>
>>83917431
>>83917437
>implying Chibnall would delve into niche shitty, autistic, anorak-tier lore like this

I thought he wanted a fresh, new, bold show that catered to the casuals?
>>
Guys, if series 11 will be half as good as Broadchurch series 1, I'll be fully satisfied.
>>
>>83917483
>I thought he wanted a fresh, new, bold show that catered to the casuals
Like, everyone and their dog knows what your basic bloodsucking vampire in black cape is. It's not a deep-lore creature or whatever. You don't need to delve deep into old lore at all. And make new one easily from this paradigm.

If it is indeed true, he could appeal to Teen Wolf and other supernatural shows crowd. It has been said that Chinballs loves mystic aspect of Who.
>>
>>83917206
I'm still watching it for the plot.
>>
File: 7_celation.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7_celation.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
what are you doing chibs? i'd prefer a second plebeian era to some mystic fantasy lore BS
>>
File: drwhore02.jpg (74KB, 415x623px) Image search: [Google]
drwhore02.jpg
74KB, 415x623px
Congratulations Kris Marshall! I'm certain everything is going to be amazing.
>>
File: Vampires_state_of_decay.jpg (71KB, 618x376px) Image search: [Google]
Vampires_state_of_decay.jpg
71KB, 618x376px
Are supernatural series still popular?
I know that iZombie is still airing.
>>
Great, another fucking war.

The Time War.
The Trenzalore war.
And now this.
>>
>>83917942
Not forgetting the brief battle/"war" of Demons Run too.
>>
>>83917773
...I don't get it.
>>
>all these people believing this Vampyre nonsense
>implying Chibnall even knows about them
>>
>>83917814
There's that one show about the rape and dragons on HBO. And the zombie show that keeps going on and on.
>>
File: Blindmag.jpg (633KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Blindmag.jpg
633KB, 664x1000px
Who should play vampire or new companion or new vampire companion?
>>
>>83918109
Anon, Chibnall announced that he was rewatching series from the 1963 on when he officially took the job.
>>
ITT: we name our most infuriating continuity error in the series

>changing the Dals' name into Kaleds for no reason and offering no good explanation
Get your shit together Nation
>>
>>83918160
Zombies are more a sci-fi thing than mystic one. Those zombies anyways. True about GoT.

>>83918109
>all these people believing this Vampyre nonsense
>implying Chibnall even knows about them

As believable as anything. Even if he wants to emulate RTD he will have some ties with continuity. Vampire thing offers to do "muh timelords" backstory and field for new direction and shit beacuse vampires appeared only in one story and are very basic not DW-exclusive concept.

It's fun to theorise regardless.
Were there rumours about Smith or Capaldi eras before they're started?
>>
>>83918220
>Anon, Chibnall announced that he was rewatching series from the 1963 on when he officially took the job.

>Implying he's going to make a series arc based on a random alien that appears in literally ONE story
Also what is the source of that?
>>
>>83918415
doctor who Re: Chibnall and returning monsters
the great vampires

IrishTimeLord
Re: The Spoiler and Speculation Thread
Also been hearing a few rumours that the plot of series 11 may focus on the return of the Great
Vampires and there will be a renewed conflict between the Time Lords and Vampires which will span the
entire series. Apparently chibs loves the more supernatural who foes including the Daemons.

Tom Masrshall
Sounds a bit fannish to me. Chibnall does like his Letts & Hinchcliffe stuff, apparently, that's true.
>>
what torchwood episodes are top tier kino
>>
File: 450px-1989-06-16.jpg (38KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
450px-1989-06-16.jpg
38KB, 450x270px
>>
>>83918500
Everything Changes
Random Shoes
Every episode Chris Chibnall written for series 2
All of series 3
>>
>>83918415
I don't know. Vampires are a pretty safe bet for a season villain, from a production standpoint. They're not the Daleks. They don't require much of a budget (just find an actor and give them fangs). And bloodsucking fuckers are always an easy draw.
>>
>>83918547
Arent Great Vampires giants who were fed with spaceships or something?
>>
>>83918227
People believing Za was some kind of leader. I mean, reality check here: the guy was a mess and had no business leading a conga line, never mind a tribe of men. His lies about fire and bullish attitude would have gotten people killed. But thank goodness we're all smart enough here to know he was unfit, right everyone?!?
>>
File: the three doctors hartnell.jpg (48KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
the three doctors hartnell.jpg
48KB, 700x525px
>>83918481
Just as I thought, nothing
>>
>>83918582
>Arent Great Vampires giants who were fed with spaceships or something?
Great Vampires - yes, but there lesser ones who serve them who are usual vampires. Like, there's one big one and shitton of dracula-wannabes.
>>
>http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-13/we-finally-know-exactly-when-john-simms-master-is-returning-to-doctor-who

simm in world enough and time CONFIRMED

FUCK THE NAYSAYERS
>>
>>83919000
Yep, in disguise at first (Razor), then towards the end with Bill. We've known this for days.
>>
>>83919000
he's going to be the cliffhanger and nothing else
>>
>>83915642
It isn't bad, it's just bad by comparison. It's kind of slow and just serves to close the Adam story line and to set up the finale's. It's definitely not the best that series 1 put out.
>>
>>83919053
screenshotted

you're going to be embarrassed
>>
WORLD ENOUGH AND TIME CAST LIST

The Doctor Peter Capaldi
Bill Potts Pearl Mackie
Nardole Matt Lucas
Missy Michelle Gomez
Jorj Oliver Lansley
Surgeon Paul Brightwell
Nurse Alison Lintott
Director Rachel Talalay
Executive Producer Brian Minchin
Executive Producer Steven Moffat
Producer Peter Bennett
Writer Steven Moffat

By the way, when you watch 'World Enough and Time', look out for a character who was not listed on the cast list.
>>
I like how people dont give a shit about The Eaters of Light and everyone is either talking about Simm or 13th.
>>
File: 15.jpg (3MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
3MB, 5760x3840px
>>83919391
i give a shit about it. looks prime comfy
>>
>>83919481
There's something that gives that classic series vibe about this episode, something McCoy-ish. Don't you think, cats?
>>
>>83919498
yeah, i absolutely agree. i wonder if that's a conscious decision on the production team's part or if it arose naturally from munro's writing style
>>
>>83919481
I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it looks like a boring Tennant era cgi monster terrorizes people plot.
>>
>>83919391
EoL will be GOAT, I believe in Rona.
>>
>>83919952
>Overall, “The Eaters of Light” is an episode with a decent premise and some neat ideas, but doesn’t quite capitalize on them enough, and ends up fumbling in the dark.
>>
>>83920001
>quads narrowly missed
confirmed GOAT
>>
>>83920087
I hope so
>>
Wonder if I could take nick briggs in a fist fight lads
>>
razor
>>
>tfw razor was spoiled weeks in advance
>>
I'm rewatching some Ecclestone episodes.
And you know what? I'm almost crying. He was my first Doctor, and I will never forget him. All his dramatic scenes, his comedy, teamtardis chemistry with Jack and Rose. It's just pure gold.
God bless Rusty for bringing show back.
>>
>>83920858
What a faggot
>>
>>83920858
watch those quavers senpai
>>
>>83919481
I'm just watching it to see if there's any plot revelations.
>>
They shouldn't have announced Simm. I've basically waited 9 weeks to see when he'd show up. It leaves you deflated when you don't get any of him when you announce him before the first episode has even aired. Or they should have specified he shows up in the finale so we weren't waiting for him.
>>
>>83921111
quads of truth
>>
I just realised that they spoiled Daleks in next time trailer for Bad Wolf. What a fucking shame. Fuck.
>>
It appeared in other languages as well. It was used on a Nazi bomb in World War II, the "Schlechter Wolf"[1] (TV: The Doctor Dances)

HOLY SHIT. I've been watching Doctor Who for eleven years for now, I've seen Empty Child / Doctor Dances about 20 times total I think, but I never knew that Bad Wolf meme was there too. Guys, wtf.
>>
>>83921262
Normie desu
>>
>>83920858
>He was my first Doctor
>God bless Rusty for bringing show back.

In what way do those two statements go together?
>>
>>83921385
Obviously, if RTD didn't revive the show, anon wouldn't know about it at all.
>>
You are tasked with introducing a new and exiting thing to Doctor Who to bring up the ratings, it can be anything from story arcs to characters. What do you add?
>>
>>83921470
Then is he even any better off for RTD bringing it back? Wouldn't he just be neutral?
>>
>>83921816
He is assuming that his life with Doctor Who is dramatically improved over an alternative timeline where Doctor Who never returned.
>>
>>83921194
Same with the trailer for Army of Ghosts
>>
>>83921634
The time has come for the first bearded Doctor.
>>
>>83921634
The sonic screwdriver and psychic paper stop working, forcing the Doctor to use his wits and diplomacy to resolve problems.

Also death becomes a permanent and dramatic problem (Doctor Who is one of the few series where this would be new and exciting).

Also the characters aren't magical beings with a grandiose destiny and infinite plot armour.

Also the TARDIS is difficult to pilot and basically just a way to get to this week's adventure (it's more about space than time travel).

And also, you should win things by watching.
>>
>>83921858
Fair enough, but a reminder that there's a parallel universe where Doctor Who is a cult series that lived on entirely through books and audios.
>>
>>83922022
Yes, the /who\ universe.
>>
>>83922293
What about \who\ and alternatively \who/?
>>
>>83921986
So... Oxygen?
>>
>>83922393
\who\ is the one where everything is the same but opposite.
>>
New Who Romana when?
>>
>>83922678
She died in Time War anon
>>
File: 1411168385051.png (168KB, 368x396px) Image search: [Google]
1411168385051.png
168KB, 368x396px
>read the thread
>people fell for the great vampires rumour again even though it has been shitposted here all season
>>
>>83921634
I kinda once had a shit idea, possibly plagiarized, keeping with the theme of the reply below. Be forewarned. It never went far enough for me to flesh out but, here it goes. Doctor receives a distress call, turns out it's from the doctor himself/herself, desolate planet far off planet alone, desperate tardis dead or dying seemingly unrepairable. This other doctor is different, from another timeline where the timewar didn't go so well, that universe surely utterly destroyed. Doctor prime invited the other Doctor along to adventure, however the other doctor completely broken by his loss, is manipulative and mad quietly sabotaging the doctor as it things go along.
>>83922642
Bizarro /who/ then? I wonder what I'm like over there.
>>
>>83923167
>I wonder what I'm like over there.
Young and always talking about how you're going to see the 100th anniversary and the rest of \who\ won't
>>
File: 1380803860797.gif (2MB, 312x252px) Image search: [Google]
1380803860797.gif
2MB, 312x252px
>>83923269
Pretty biased obviously but that's probably my favorite meme.

Unrelated from Twinflame's Twitter
So apparently Peter Capaldi has a Multidimensional snorkel like Joseph(Jesus's dad; It's how he conceived with Mary) that can be used to blow [something presumably] upon the body part of his choice from a town away using the vacuum of space.
Is there anything this man can't do?
>>
File: brendan-fraser-2[1].jpg (30KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
brendan-fraser-2[1].jpg
30KB, 300x450px
"Hello. I'm the Doctor."
>>
File: rtb new.jpg (280KB, 1388x1016px) Image search: [Google]
rtb new.jpg
280KB, 1388x1016px
Reminder that books.
>>
when are they getting rid of sjw grandpa and bootlipped quadroon
>>
>>83924361
in 4 more episodes
>>
File: hidwg.png (1MB, 840x1465px) Image search: [Google]
hidwg.png
1MB, 840x1465px
>>83924310
>>
File: bum.jpg (38KB, 437x294px) Image search: [Google]
bum.jpg
38KB, 437x294px
>>83924443
>that mouth
I think I know how moffat is going to reveal 13 in a unique way guys!
>>
>>83914900
How do we know it's between these two?
>>
>>83924608
memes
>>
>>83921634

A return (?) to hard sci-fi concepts and pure historicals so that the show actually has an educational aspect, however partial. Historical settings only to be used when they add something to the story/ theme and to be depicted with fidelity, however ugly or inconvenient. A consistent canon/ continuity, so that races/ species can develop and evolve over time, similar to Trek. Commitment to two/ three part stories as the norm. Revision of Time Lord mythos so that they have advanced to the point they sit at the nexus of the multiverse.
>>
>>83914948

Why would it matter if they're both white and male when they're both going to be shit?
>>
>>83924758
why would it matter if you exist no one cares fuck off
>>
>>83924758
Because if it's a woman or a nigger it's guaranteed to be shit, if it's a white male there's still a chance that it won't be shit
>>
>>83918500
>>83918535
I'd add Ghost Machine and They Keep Killing Suzie onto this.
>>
>>83925046
That's not how that works.
>>
>>83926028
How does it works then?
>>
Reminder that the first scenes in "The Doctor Falls" are set on Gallifrey, depicting the Doctor and the Master as they were when they were children.
>>
>>83921634
This is an idea I had a while back. Please no bully.
>The Doctor's new companion is an Eternal.
>Although she is millions of years old she is considered to be a child amongst the Eternals
>she's never been outside of the realm of the Eternals before so she doesn't know what's going on in the universe
>her mother(Time) asks the Doctor to take her child on adventures so she can experience the universe and be less of a brat and more like THE DOCTOR WHO
>throughout the adventures The Doctor teaches the young Eternal how to not be a massive bitch who uses her hax god powers for bad stuff like 90% of the Great Old Ones, Eternals, Guardians of Time, Timelords, Grace and other beings that feel like calling themselves gods
>>
>>83926823
Time is considered a subset of eternity in Doctor Who

Captain Striker: You are a Time Lord. A lord of time. Are there lords in such a small domain?

The Doctor: And where do you function?

Captain Striker: Eternity.
>>
>>83926823
From a marketing standpoint that's really silly. The point of the companion is for the audience to have someone to relate to and self insert as. That's why they're almost always an english girl from the time period the show airs in
>>
>>83926823
Yes bully. This sounds naff. The whole point of the eternals is
a) they are ETERNAL and live outside of time, so it doesn't make sense for there to be younger ones and older ones or for them to be born from time
b) they're unchangeable psychopaths who you will never persuade not to be massive bitches
>>
File: John Simm beard.png (337KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
John Simm beard.png
337KB, 620x413px
I just realized that Saxon is an anagram for Axons. Coincidence?
>>
File: 1468819106692.jpg (38KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1468819106692.jpg
38KB, 706x706px
>>83926921
>>83926938
>>83926983
Fuck you guys I'm gonna make the Last Great Time War look like a fucking joke!
>>
>>83927097
I like your idea anon :)
>>
What are you listening to, /who/? This almost sounds like it could be about a Cyberman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn9DBfXQumk
>>
I just saw Tom Rosenthal's performance with David Tennant in Broadchurch. He just seems so weak and timid by nature, not doctor material at all. In fact standing next to David, a former doctor, he just looks silly.
>>
I like Doctor Who
>>
>>83929222
Fuck off, pleb.
>>
Spoilers for The Doctor Falls: It's__________fucking__________shit__________doctor__________who__________more__________like__________doctor__________poo
>>
File: rise of the cybermen.jpg (77KB, 400x207px) Image search: [Google]
rise of the cybermen.jpg
77KB, 400x207px
Would you want Tom Macrae to write another Cyberman story?
BTW this shot was used 3 times in Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel
>>
File: download (3).jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9KB, 275x183px
I'm so conflicted about Chinball as showrunner. On one hand his Doctor Who episodes were tripe, whereas his job as showrunner on Broadchurch was fantastic.

I can see it going one of 3 ways

1-The Chibnal ear is shit to meh at best

2-We enter a new golden age of /who/ and doctor who finally sees quality story telling

3-Doctor who ends up being a scifi Broadchurch drama esque, which will be good or bad depending on who you ask.
>>
>>83930301
>2-We enter a new golden age of /who/ and doctor who finally sees quality story telling

I can't see this happening. The next "golden era" will either never happen or only in it's second revival after a second axing
>>
>>83929222
This isn't the thread for comments like that.
>>
SERIES FINALE SPOILERS

THE ENEMY ISNT CYBERMEN OR THE MASTER(S)

ITS A TIME LORD CALLED The Showrunner, played by Moffat himself. He has been enacting a series-spanning plot to defeat The Doctor in the most humiliating way possible: retcon his and his enemies' pasts bit by bit so that they contradict their own continuity and make them all look like a complete joke

His catchphrase is "You will be erased,
Doctor Who!"
>>
>>83921634
The next companion is suicidally depressed. The first time period they want to go to is back to points in their life to re-experience their happiest moments.

Throughout the series the companion will just not give a shit about anybody's well-being and always give the simplest solution, no matter how inhumane.

One time they might have a deep and meaningful conversation with the antagonist since they share the same viewpoints.
>>
>>83930487
not caring about their won well-being will lend itself to taking the risk of running around alien planets and confronting monsters in the first place
>>
Wake me up when we get to the azbantium age.
>>
Tom Rosenthal played the creepy stalker in Broadchurch S2.

Oddly, I can picture him as the Master but not the Doctor.
>>
>>83914900
Well, it's a choice between a gian douche and a turd sandwich, but I guess I'd go with Marshall. I haven't seen any of them in action, so I am going purely by discription and appearance. I don't want Doctor to be too comedic, or to pretty.
>>
HERE COME THE DRUMS HERE COME THE DRUMS
>>
>>83931373
He was always way to choleric for my liking.
>>
what was rusty thinking with the fucking drums
>>
>>83931468
ya, hope they calm him the fuck down this series
>>
>>83931531
Was it meant to imply that the drums had been there throughout the classic series or was the Timelords interfering with his mind a "time can be re-written" type deal?
>>
>>83931748
Both really. It was the former at first, but when rusty wrote End of Time he used the drums as a plot point. People shit on Moff for fucking with Who lore but the drums has got to be one of the lamest additions. "I'm evil because I can hear drums!"
>>
>>83931891
Has there ever been a case of a "this incredibly important thing was happening all along, all these years, even though I just thought it up" retcon that wasn't entirely retarded?
>>
>>83931970
Well, Clara...
> that wasn't entirely retarded?
oh. No, there haven't.
>>
>>83931970
No. In shows/comics/any media with multiple changing writers, it's always a case of [current writer] wanting to have a super special concept that affects the entire history of the media. It's like they're not content with presenting ideas that may or may not be better than those that came before, they need to make it ultra special.

It's the narrative equivalent of those deviantart OCs with all the power of the chaos emeralds and super saiyan and the avatar state and blah blah blah.

In the case of The Master specifically, it bugs me also because he had just returned to the series, there's no reason why he couldn't have just started hearing the drums since the Time War (IE only in incarnations that came during and after it). Would have also hinted that the key to its source was related to the Time War, a nice bit of foreshadowing.
>>
>>83932051
>there's no reason why he couldn't have just started hearing the drums since the Time War (IE only in incarnations that came during and after it).
If I could have my way, I'd re-retcon it so this is true, but it affected his memories as well, leading him to believe it had been happening all his life.
>>
>>83932097
why would that be necessary though?
>>
>>83919356
>Paul Brightwell
hmmmm
>>
>>83932125
If he thinks it's always been there, part of him, maybe he doesnt question it
>>
Imagine if retarded dwsr autists didn't spoil the Razor thing months in advance. Imagine seeing that reveal happen live. Imagine if the press didn't spoil Simm's return. Imagine seeing it all unfold with no prior knowledge of it. Imagine. Fuck dwsr. I hope the rumours about Chibnall not allowing members of the public on set are true.
>>
>>83915642
>dat
stop
>>
>>83927017
Mister Saxon is an anagram for Master no. six
>>
>>83932700
Also a shame Simm was revealed in the S10 trailer.
>>
1. Can you spot the TARDIS in the pre-credits teaser?
2. Wait . . . what did that crow say?
3. Things to do in Rome: govern, farm, juggle.
4. The Doctor claims to be “a former Vestal Virgin,” indicating that he was, at one point, a . . . woman?
5. . . . and a “second class” one, at that, which has a hilariously naughty connotation.
6. We should start keeping track of the number of times Bill falls down a hole, in Series 10.
7. The TARDIS’ translation circuit plays a major role in the episode. The scene where Bill first realizes its effects is one of the episode’s best.
8. We should start keeping track of the number of times a cowardly soldier deserts his post, in Series 10.
9. POPcorn.
10. Nardole mentions a new Doctor Who alien that has a very unusual form of communication.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/10-teasers-for-the-eaters-of-light-85362.htm
>>
>>83932988
>Wait . . . what did that crow say?
"Doc tor"
>>
Doctor Poo
>>
>>83932988
>a former Vestal Virgin
How does that work? He already had at least one kid by the time he left Gallifrey. And we've seen all his regenerations since.
>>
WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING WE ARE COMING
>>
Adam Orford is a nonce
>>
>>83932923
Which is weird because he's the 7th master on screen...
>>
SPLINK!
>>
>>83933210
Eighth surely?

1. Delgado
2. Pratt
3. Beevers
4. Ainley
5. Tipple
6. Roberts
7. Jacobi
8. Simm
>>
>>83933325
>Tipple
Always been my favorite.
>>
>>83933368
He's like Derek Jacobi in a way. He was only the master for a short cameo, and yet he completely nailed the character. Really captivating
>>
File: memes.jpg (32KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
32KB, 700x500px
>>83933286
>>
>>83918227
The Daleks having two completely different origin stories, so now I don't really know what the fuck happened. I like the depiction of the war in The Daleks.
>>
>>83933325
If you take it as actual regenerations, Delgado, Pratt, Beevers and Ainley are all the same incarnation, with presumably Tipple also being the same incarnation (The Master's 13th overall)
>>
He's coming
>>
>>83918227
The Unit Dating Controversy. Says it all really.
>>
>>83933325
>inley
>5. Tipple
>6. Roberts
>7. Jacobi
>8. Simm

True, but they probably class both Crispy actors as 1 Master and Tipple as a stand in for Ainley.
>>
File: james norton.jpg (36KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
james norton.jpg
36KB, 500x644px
13th Doctor is Matt Sm......oops James Norton.
>>
>>83934008
Male Tilda Swinton
>>
Character drama took precedence over fun, exciting stories and interesting villains/aliens in the Capaldi era, which is why it sucked and failed to resonate with the casual audience
>>
>>83934142
>Character drama
Worse still, the characters it showcased were often forgettable (aside from Ashildr, Rigsy and a couple other exceptions) or 2D or just plain crap.
>>
>Master is evil because he hears drums and it's bad

Guys. Before that Master was evil because he was evil. Drums makes more sense, because it actuaĺly setups his motivations, and explains why he's crazy. It was the first time in Who history where Master was actuaĺly a developed character.
>>
>>83934183
This is what I mean, the 'character drama' wasn't even interesting. 12's "good man" arc was pointless, Clara's arc even worse
>>
>>83934246
He was evil for the same reason The Doctor was good - they both left Gallifrey out of boredom/frustration and took different paths. They're brothers

That was the Classic Who Master lore
>>
>>83934246
>Before that Master was evil because he was evil.
Before that the Master was evil because he was sadistic and enjoyed chaos. Drums make less sense, because why the fuck does hearing a noise lead to "I want to take over the universe"
>>
>>83934246
Crispy is the exception to the rule; with him, we had a Master at the end of his regeneration cycle valiantly doing anything he could to gain extra lives. Assassin is one long revenge plot (albeit a bit convoluted). But yes, other than that, Delgado and Ainley just seem to be evil because they're evil muahaha.
>>
>>83934246
Master just wanted to rule a planet
>>
>>83934306
The drums *add to* everything - let's take that he was evil and sadistic and enjoyed chaos, then throw the drums on top which are getting louder and louder and heavier til he literally can't take the noise in his head any longer.
>>
File: simmy.gif (724KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
simmy.gif
724KB, 245x245px
>>83934306
>>
What will be Simm's definitive Master look?

>Suited and prime ministered and dark haired
>Hoodie and blonde hair
>Razor disguise
>Blonde and goatee
>>
>>83934500
>Blonde and goatee

He's grey
>>
>>83934500
I like his suited look best but his definitive will probably be goatee or hoodie
>>
>>83934246
The fuck are you talking about? The Master has always been more than evil just to be evil. The Master has been about survival and ruling the universe. Drums were fuckin dumb.
>>
So, you guys, when do they spoil the new doctor?
>>
>>83934617
ANDREW BUCHAN
N
D
R
E
W
>>
>>83934500
It's already the End of Time look because of many things, mostly Tumblr
>>
So what else is happening 24th June?
>Big Finish Announcement likely a NuWho Master
>World Enough and Time Master Reveal
>World Enough and Time screening next Doctor announcement?
>?
>>
>>83934730
i'm getting laid
>>
People on GB are debating that one can't be sexist towards men
>>
>>83934768
how do you debate something objectively wrong
>>
>>83934730
>xt Doctor announcement?
Why would they do it now?
>>
13 will be S I M M
>>
>>83934811
Because the fans are very thirsty.
>>
File: mad.png (141KB, 896x594px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
141KB, 896x594px
>>83934800
>how do you debate something objectively wrong
by being mad

on other note, i still can't belive that GB autocorrects "chinballs" to "chibnall"
>>
>>83934850
>Because the fans are very thirsty.
They wanna have general audience hype and spread the hype throut
I dunno if they'll do cheesy reveal as with Capaldi, but it won't be "just announced", they'll make a definite date a week before or something I think
>>
>>83934885
* throughout
goddamit
>>
>>83934856
Jesus christ
>>
>>83934885
Rumour is the 24th. Also betting closes officially a few days before that date. Just have to wait and see I guess
>>
Reminder that this is the trash we would've gotten with Class S2 and to be glad it isn't happening
https://twitter.com/Patrick_Ness/status/871262211192360960
>>
>>83935046
Can you write something more objective than "jesus Christ?"
>>
File: andon.png (103KB, 902x532px) Image search: [Google]
andon.png
103KB, 902x532px
>>83935046
and it goes on, one can't be sexist towards men and racist against white people

>>83935075
>Rumour is the 24th. Also betting closes officially a few days before that date. Just have to wait and see I guess
What is the source of the rumour?
I'd think they do reveal after series 10 ends, maybe even not right after. Say, in august, as they did with Smith
>>
>>83935075
It's obviously going to be Andrew or Kris, c'mon.
>>
https://twitter.com/Outpost_Skaro/status/875328053697806336
What's this all about?
>>
>>83935372
>Bring a change of pants!
>Doctor Poo
>>
The Master heard the drums from the moment he looked into the schism but never told anyone about it until he became Yana and unconsciously gave it away. There was no going back after that - maybe he was even relieved that he finally got it off his chest to the Doctor.
>>
When do you guys think he'll regenerate?

My money's on Christmas
>>
>>83935245

The fuck ??? this world can't end soon enough
>>
>>83935120
Doctor Poo
>>
>>83935603
Well, my money's on The Doctor Falls.
>>
>>83935667
I hope
>>
>>83935603
>>83935667
My money's on World Enough and Time
>>
>>83935718
get rekt you dont have any money
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_His_Coy_Mistress
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>83935603
My money is on Eaters of light
>>
>>83935800
Dafuq
What's wrong with you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YSwRYP8p7I
>>
>>83915244
Rory Kinnear would be great
>>
File: tom.png (84KB, 896x458px) Image search: [Google]
tom.png
84KB, 896x458px
>>83935609
>>
File: Baker-Smiles-or-not.gif (1MB, 282x270px) Image search: [Google]
Baker-Smiles-or-not.gif
1MB, 282x270px
>>83935922
I deep them too. ;)
>>
NEW FRED >>83936348
NEW FRED >>83936348
NEW FRED >>83936348
>>
>>83935372
>this page doesn't exist
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.