[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 29

File: sssqqq.jpg (6KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
sssqqq.jpg
6KB, 264x191px
Peter Capaldi looks great with his series 10 hair edition

>>83280276 - previous thread
>>
>>83285020
I'd love to see Capaldi in something Lynch
>>
File: 12rain.gif (474KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
12rain.gif
474KB, 500x275px
>David Lynch will never direct Doctor Who
>>
>>83285020
Lynch looks like a cross between Sean/Jon Pertwee and Peter Capaldi
>>
>>83285020
So after next weeks' ep, we have an Ice Warrior episode, Eaters of Light, and the finale right?

Which of those are likely to be good?
>>
>>83285162
Eaters of Light seems interesting and the finale seems pretty great but the show doesn't have a great record when it comes to finales.
>>
>>83285113
Dr who is power rangers tier garbage for idiots, of course he wont
>>
>>83285162
I'm excited for all of them actually. Obviously I'll be proved wrong but I hope they're all good
>>
>>83285162
Part 1 of the finale
>>
>>83285271
I love it!
>>
>Rewatch tier
Oxygen
Extremis
>Quite enjoyable tier
The Pilot
Knock Knock
Pyramid
>Once was enough tier
Thin Ice
Can't remember it tier
Smile
>>
when this series started i thought bill was a breath of fresh air

but now i'm realising no, it's just karen gillan syndrome. another very likable actress playing an apallingly written character. at least when chibbers takes over it'll hopefully feel like we're watching people rather than walking quip dispensers
>>
>>83285407
I agree anon
I was huge fan of the Pilot
but as the series progresses it just feels less and less real every episode we're in
cant wait for chibs
>>
File: minitru doctor.png (899KB, 1920x1004px) Image search: [Google]
minitru doctor.png
899KB, 1920x1004px
>>
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-big-finish-sunday-digest

Eigth Doctor Time War trailer
>>
>>83285407
I actually thought to myself "/who/ is being paranoid as usual, she won't REALLY remind us she's a lesbian every single episode"
>>
>Love and Monsters (the episode the entirety of /who/ hates) has better charactersation than 6/7 episodes of series 10

defend this
>>
Rank the episodes of S10 (Best to...Least Best)

> The Pilot
> Oxygen
> Extremis
> Thin Ice
> The Pyramid at the End of the World
> Knock Knock
> Smile

S10's been good so far. This week's was rough but next week's looks fantastic.
>>
>>83285647
>the episode the entirety of /who/ hates
well that's not true
>>
>>83285558
But she doesn't
>>
>>83285652
>Extremis
>The Pyramid at the End of the World
>Oxygen
>The Pilot
>Thin Ice
>Smile
>Knock Knock
>>
>>83285407
>>83285464
>>83285558
it's not just the constant reminding us she's gay and black as if that's a substitute for a personality. there's loads of really jarring shit. like rewatching the ep bill is way too unaffected by watching leading world figures get zapped to dust in front of her. she literally does the shocked reaction and then goes back to quipping straight away. or when penny's like 'can I get an uber'? haha, hilarious, now fuck off. no one real acts like this when crazy shit is going down
>>
>>83285736
>>83285558
>it's not just the constant reminding us she's gay and black
But she doesn't. When is this meme gonna die?
>>
File: 106662.jpg (500KB, 1331x2000px) Image search: [Google]
106662.jpg
500KB, 1331x2000px
Find a flaw
or 10
>>
>>83285558
Did you get annoyed when Amy reminded you she was straight every episode?
>>
Russel was really good at believable character reactions to crazy stuff happening.
Moffat just does quips.
>>
File: Dalek_Emperor.jpg (84KB, 628x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dalek_Emperor.jpg
84KB, 628x345px
>>83280942 (Cross-thread)
>Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways

CENTURIES PASSED, AND WE QUIETLY INFILTRATED THE SYSTEMS OF EARTH
HARVESTING THE WASTE OF HUMANITY
THE PRISONERS
THE REFUGEES
THE DISPOSSESSED
THEY ALL CAME TO US
THE BODIES WERE FILLETED
PULPED
SIFTED
THE SEED OF THE HUMAN RACE IS PERVERTED
ONLY ONE CELL IN A BILLION WAS FIT TO BE NURTURED

The insane religious Daleks was an excellent new take on them, and I'm kind of glad that the concept hasn't been revisited and spoiled yet
>>
HONEST SERIES 10 RANKINGS
Please don't react to it as a bait or offense to somebody, that's how I feel. From best to worst:

The Pilot

~~~~~POWER GAP~~~~~

Extremis
Oxygen
Knock Knock
Pyramid
Smile
Thin Ice
>>
>>83285774
>>83285803
honestly it is being really shoddily handled. the stuff in thin ice for example was somehow simultaneously embarrassingly heavy-handed with the panto villain ON YOUR KNEES SCUM dude and yet somehow didn't ring true at all

consider how the subject of historical racism was handled in human nature/ family of blood for a much more hard hitting and nuanced example. when they had joan - an otherwise likable, sympathetic and believable character - go there with martha, it was genuinely tense.
>>
>A midget

Okay then.
>>
Anyone else miss RTD's continuity?
When non of the events were forgotten, and characters used to remember invasions? I found it so sweet when in Turn Left every single invasion had its consequences.
>>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>83286139
Nah, I don't like the Who-world diverging from our own that much in the present.
>>
Remember when the Universe ended at a believable 100 Trillion Years instead of lasting to the end of the Sun's lifespan?
>>
Why did Adelaide remember the Dalek Invasion but the rest of the world forgot?
>>
>>83286222
World didn't forgot at the time, m8. World forgot it when cracks happened.
>>
>>83286144
midgets aside, this ep was such a waste of tony gardner.
>>
>>83285855
I unabashedly love this speech and get chills whenever I watch it

It's a combination of the Dalek Emporer's voice, and the sheer evil and arrogance of what he is saying. That (not counting the God stuff that comes later) is exactly how the Daleks should be
>>
>>83286144
I couldn't take her character seriously at all
>>
>>83285886
honest question, what it is about The Pilot that makes you think it is so much better than any other ep this series?
>>
>>83286220

no
>>
>>83286222
On the plus side, the Daleks do remember it.
>>
>>83286220
when was the latter implied?
>>
>>83286139
>When non of the events were forgotten, and characters used to remember invasions?
Most of the invasions during Smith's run usually ended in a time/mind wipe.
>>
>>83286345
Moffat tried to develop a character with real background which consists not only of quirks and quips, and he did well quite nice
It had some amazing scenes like TARDIS introduction and travelling sequence, which was really well-paced and entertaining
It just felt fresh and great overall
>>
>>83286139
I'm just fed up of world invasions occurring in present-day Earth.

I don't mind smaller contained adventures, like Blink, Knock Knock, etc. It's feasible that knowledge of those events wouldn't spread very far. And in the past, you have the justification that without sophisticated recording devices events can be misremembered, misinterpreted or forgotten.
>>
>>83286371
The Doctor says he's over 4 billion years in the future in Heaven Sent and then the Time Lords say they've relocated Gallifrey to the end of the universe.
>>
>>83286483
He spent 4 billion years in the confession dial, it's not relative to real-world time
>>
you have 5 seconds to name 1 (one) capaldo besides heaven sent or the mathieson eps that's actually worth revisiting
>>
>>83286566
the pilot
>>
>>83286566
Extremis
>>
>>83286566
Dank Water
>>
>>83286566
Listen
>>
>>83286566
In the Forest of the Night
>>
>>83286566
Sleep No More
>>
>>83286566
For Tonight We Might Die
>>
>>83286566
Sleep No More
>>
Peter Harness needs to swallow a fucking revolver. All of his episodes are fucking cancer
>>
>>83285952
>And certainly not someone of your colour

It was the look of mingled defiance and shame on Joan's face, and Martha's mingled pity, exasperation and contempt - I don't know how to describe it, but it was a 10/10 moment.

It's a shame that the SJW finger-wagging dragged Thin Ice down. The banter was really well-written.
>>
>>83285407
Bill has been so much better the past few episodes than she was at the start of the season. She finally has some flaws.
>>
>>83286733
>swallow a fucking revolver.
are you hoping he chokes to death on it?
>>
>>83286777

I don't know, I don't think you can count stupidity as a flaw when every single character in the episode acts like a retard. Besides which, I don't think she had any especial strengths in the first three episodes. She was just an ordinary person in The Pilot, maybe a bit smarter than your average pleb, and that's it.

I've got to be honest, I think you're a fuckwit pal.
>>
>>83285647
I thought Love and Monsters was great.
>>
12 was around for The Year That Never Was
>>
>>83286139
Yeah. I like it when Doctor Who is free to do its own shit, and it's not bogged down by having to return to some stupid, implausible sitcom status quo. If every major event gets it-was-all-a-dream'd (or whatever shitty sci-fi equivalent they churn out instead) it stops shit from actually having any stakes or consequences, which stops anything from having any tension, which in turn prevents any investment.
>>
>>83286733
the zygon eps were good tho
>>
>>83286929
he didn't interfere because he already knew it'd turn out hunky dory
>>
>>83286872
I like it too. Story and monster are quite shit. But the characters are good and the tone is comfy.
>>
>>83285647
love & monsters is great right up until peter kay turns into 'peter kay in a green rubber fatsuit'

then all OOH AYE MUH CLOM and pavement slab blowjobs kinda ruin it
>>
>>83286144
Those two had absolutely zero chemistry. It was like the first time they'd met was the first day on set.
>>
>>83286997
I wonder what he was doing though.
Probably just sitting outside the vault while Missy shit talks her previous incarnation.
>>
>>83286983
Nice meme
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUD_ORMupBg
She shooted twice, before he regenerates. Does that mean the doctor is dead now?
>>
>>83287142
>shooted
>>
>>83287046
defending the vault from toclafane maybe, I mean if SimmMaster found out he had a future incarnation on Earth he'd probably want to free her
>>
>>83287032
>Those two had absolutely zero chemistry
this is another problem with moffat who. the periphal characters literally don't matter, there is just no effort involved at all into making us care about them. remember the crew from the satan pit? of course you do cuz they were all likable, flawed human beings with great chemistry.

literally the only side character from this series i can remember is the blue guy, and even that's probably just because i'm a racist
>>
>>83286929
Doesn't that mean he was around for all the shit that every previous incarnation dealt with when there was a story set in the present day?
>>
What the fuck
>I can't see the number!
>oh well we better give the world up then
>while talking on a phone
>with picture messaging
>could have just took a picture, sent it, Bill reads it out, says what number it currently us, and doctor can correspondingly change it up or down to open it

Why did nobody think of this obvious flaw?
>>
>>83286852
Short response: No.

Long response: Wouldn't call it stupidity but in the last couple of eps she's done some stuff that finally showed she was less than perfect. Firstly she told the pope and a room full of cardinals/priests/whatever that she hopes they all go to hell because they ruined her date which shows she can actually be rude, she said she wouldn't vote for Trump because he's orange which shows she's racist, and she's now completely disobeyed direct orders from the Doctor which shows she insolent. They tried far too much with the whole lolsorandom aspects of her in the first three episodes, not to mention the fact that despite the only job she can seem to get is cooking chips yet she has the knowledge and drive to get constant firsts for essays on advanced physics - no way in hell is she "just an ordinary person".

I've got to be honest, I think you're an arse buddeh.
>>
>>83287142

the story got me hyped as fuck for the next episode, but given that it's Moffat - it will probably be resolved by another reset of everything that happened, Just like it did in season 5, season 6, season 7...
>>
>>83285855
CENTURIES PASSED
BUT I DO NOT AGE
TIME HAS LOST ITS EFFECT ON ME
>>
>>83287495
>she's now completely disobeyed direct orders from the Doctor which shows she insolent.
All Companions do that though.

>she said she wouldn't vote for Trump because he's orange which shows she's racist
She didn't say that. She said she wouldn't vote for him because she doesn't live in america and he is orange

> she told the pope and a room full of cardinals/priests/whatever that she hopes they all go to hell because they ruined her date which shows she can actually be rude
Because her date was uncomfortable about some shit
>>
File: MONDAS.jpg (219KB, 935x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MONDAS.jpg
219KB, 935x1200px
Couldn't very well keep calling ourselves...the Monks, now, could we?
>>
File: marsh.jpg (28KB, 233x332px) Image search: [Google]
marsh.jpg
28KB, 233x332px
Strawberry blonde.
>>
Would you fuck Ms. Quill?
>>
>>83287960
Of course
>>
>>83287566
another annoying thing about Moff - which I'm afraid he'll use in the resolution of the current story - is THE POWER OF LOVE

Amy's entire family was swallowed by the crack and never existed? Don't worry, she just loves them so much they return into existence.
Rory got shot and died? Not a problem, because she just loves him so much he gets resurrected.
Rory is really an Auton and kills Amy ? Not a problem, he loves her so much he overwrites his programming and somehow still exists, even though all other Autons disappeared.
The Doctor gets locked out of the universe? No prolem Amy loves him so much she just wishes him into existence.
River is dead, her simulation uploaded into a computer locked in a Vashta Nerada infested library? Not a problem, she loves the Doctor so much she can float around the universe as a ghost because of reasons.
Craig has been converted into a Cybermen? No he hasn't because he loves his son so much that the cybermachinery breaks down.
Clara has jumped into Doctor's timestream and got shredded into a gorillion pieces, scattered across his life? Whatever, The Doctor loves her so much that he can jump into his own timestram and save her, even though seconds before that simply standing near it made him sick.
All these years he couldn't figure out how to end the Time War without killing all the Time Lords as well ? All he needed was for his beloved companion to cry, now it is totally possible.
The Time Lords need to know it's actually the Doctor on the other side? No, they don't, they just need Clara to cry, her love is enough.

Fucking hack.
>>
>>83287348
>Can't see the number
>The numbers are all carved into the lock

He could have just felt the grooves of each number as he turned
>>
>>83287981
She would be an absolute bitch in bed; clawing, scratching, insulting
>>
>>83288109
T H I S
H
I
S

S O
O

M U C H
U
C
H

! ! ! ! !
!
!
>>
>>83287986
>Not a problem, she loves the Doctor so much she can float around the universe as a ghost because of reasons

Did they even bother trying to explain this?
>>
>>83287986
>need to know it's actually the doctor on the other side
>can send regeneration energy through the cracks into the Doctor's body but not a fucking scanner probe

This was the REAL problem
>>
>>83286597
This is the only answer I can get behind.
>>
>>83287756
>Those rolls of neck fat spilling over the collar of the suit
Loving every laugh!
>>
>>83288513
IAN LEVINE as THE FAT CYBERLEADER
>>
>>83288513
>doesn't know about cyberflab
>>
I watched the first three episodes of the new season.

The Pilot was nice. A bit disjointed as I've come to expect from Moffat, but a very good introduction for Bill. Though I rolled my eyes at the usual contractually-enforced pointless Dalek appearance.
Smile was really good while it was just the Doctor and Bill, then it fell apart somewhat in the last act, but not as badly as Forest of the Night. Best of the three, probably.
Thin Ice was the biggest pile of cilchés I've ever seen on Doctor Who outside of a Gatiss episode. The evil nobleman, the poor tortured alien creature, the street orphans and some of the most in-your-face racism commentary I've ever seen. It gave me the urge to kick some children, torture some puppies and colonize Africa.

What are the next few episodes like?
>>
>>83288381
>Did they even bother trying to explain this?

nope.
>>
>>83288109

They weren't carved. Plot hole solved.
>>
File: 1491080744689.png (90KB, 273x305px) Image search: [Google]
1491080744689.png
90KB, 273x305px
>>83287756
I wonder how they're going to fuck up my favourite Who villain this time. Cybermen have been soiled by every New Who episode that touched them except Closing Time.
>>
Is anyone else disappointed that Peter Capaldi is the closest thing we have had to Tom Baker and that the writing was so shit that we did not get a chance to see him shine?
>>
>>83288815
I hate this meme
>>
>>83288667
Then why not just send a picture to Bill? She can read it out, he can then spin it to the correct number

In b4 he's blind so he can't use WhatsApp, he made a bomb while blind, he can send a text
>>
>>83288883
so which is it - do you think capaldo is a bad actor or do you think the general quality of the writing for these past few seasons has been good?

cuz either of those opinions need justifying desu, you can't just say 'muh memes' as if that somehow invalidates it
>>
>>83289234
Different anon, but I don't think that Capaldi is Baker-tier. I don't understand what the meme implies; Capaldi's a great Doctor who got a bad deal with the writers, but he isn't anything like Baker nor is he as whimsically grand as Baker was. Often, Baker's charm managed to salvage otherwise terrible stories; Capaldi rarely achieves this.
>>
>>83287756
They genuinely look really creepy and always have. There's something very clinical about them. It makes no sense for Cybermen to have sleek armour with LEDs and a logo.

Hopefully the retro revival trend continues and we get OG Silurians soon.
>>
File: you really don't wanna know.jpg (20KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
you really don't wanna know.jpg
20KB, 640x368px
>but that's a compact laser deluxe!
>where [robo-pause] were you hiding that?

the first half of this episode has aged hilariously badly
>>
>>83289457
a-at least RTD was better than moffat!!!
>>
>>83289503
at least he was more FUN than moffat!
>>
>>83289457
Nah, it's aged well in the same way the 60s Batman has aged well. They knew doing a Doctor Who and Big Brother crossover was ridiculous, but it's still very entertaining today.

Plus there's something about those dark spaceship sets with the green lights, I really hope they bring that back.
>>
>>83289457
Captain Jack still makes me laugh in this, other episodes have aged worse. Like the special effects in 'The Empty Child'
>>
>>83286566
Mathieson eps are extremely overrated and mediocre except the orient express
>>
>>83289593
The Series 1 special effects in general have aged atrociously
>>
>>83289651
Series 2 didn't fare much better either haha. Oh god, the krillitanes. The werewolf. BUT ESPECIALLY THE KRILLITANES.
>>
>>83289593
>the special effects in 'The Empty Child'

They should have cut to a side shot or a silhouette or something when Victor Meldrew grew that gas mask, he looks really bug-eyed and comical for a few seconds.
>>
>>83289593
>>83289651
You expected SFX in a sci-fi television program from 12 years ago made in the UK to age well?
>>
>>83289651
desu most of the RTD era has aged poorly
Even in series 4 the cameras looked like they were smeared with vaseline and it still had that "soapy" stage feeling
>>
>haha technology improves with age

okay simpletons next topic
>>
>>83289701
the krillitane were terrible but i remembered the werewolf looking quite good desu...
>>
>>83289718
That's EXACTLY the scene I was thinking about, too.

>>83289722
>>83289736
It's the cgi, the practical effects still look great
>>
File: DraconianTwoShot.jpg (68KB, 723x508px) Image search: [Google]
DraconianTwoShot.jpg
68KB, 723x508px
>>83289722
Too many people take the piss out of Doctor Who's costumes/props/effects, let's post some good ones.

For 44 years ago, the Draconians look pretty damn good.
>>
I WANT PEARL SO MUCH, she is so hot, Im fapping continuosly
>>
File: 2e1y70000001000.jpg (86KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
2e1y70000001000.jpg
86KB, 800x450px
>>83289822
You're not her type m8
>>
>>83289822
Uh, you do know she's a lesbian so being attracted to her makes you GAY right? idiot... -_-
>>
File: 3-03-gridlock-killcolor-3.jpg (74KB, 601x338px) Image search: [Google]
3-03-gridlock-killcolor-3.jpg
74KB, 601x338px
>>83289797
I unironically like Brannigan's prosthetics
>>
Both me and my penis cry every episode Clara is not in

Why couldnt they cast some chokeable little cumslut instead of nignog?
>>
>>83289822
sorry but I think she might be into girls, not 100% sure but that's just the vibe I get from some subtle hints the show has dropped
>>
Why was the direction in the RTD era just as campy as the writing/plots
>QUICK CUTS TO CHARACTER REACTIONS
>50 ANGLES OF THE DOCTOR WHEN HE MAKES A REALIZATION
>angle 1 CUT
>angle 2 CUT
>angle 3 CUT
>>
>>83289953
Alright, it's time for your meds Steven, come on, there's a good lad.
>>
>>83289891
Also I should point out that one thing that bothered me is that everything looks solid except they didn't bother to give them cat eye contact lenses

I guess they were going for a more human/cat hybrid, but I feel like the contact lens would have tied it together nicer
>>
I'm watching the new episode finally. Seems silly so far.
>my bald nigga wearing a coat in the middle of an almost-desert
>Secretary-General coming to Bill's apartment
>dumb continuing plot of Bill not knowing Doctor being blind
I do like the Doctor talking mad shit to the monk dood though. I've only got back into Who with the current season--is Capaldi a good angry Doctor?
>>
>>83290023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_ZrvyQEHM

He is.
>>
>>83286305
I love everything about The Dalek Emperor in The Parting of the Ways. I don't think any other enemy has gotten quite under the Doctor's skin in a believable way since then.

>"I'd like to see you become like me."
>"Hail the Doctor, the GREAT EXTERMINATOR!"

There was some absolutely brilliant writing in that episode that's been so rarely surpassed in the series since then. The Daleks have never been as much of a threat since then.
>>
>>83289797
So, this is the power of the Draconians.
>>
>>83290023
>dumb continuing plot

Plot resolved at the end, and wasn't so dumb, it was a note-perfect subversion of an annoying Moffat era trope
>>
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Jews?diff=34549&oldid=34364
Wew lad
>>
>>83290060
Neat.
>>
>>83290060
Was Ashildr/Me one of the worst Who characters ever conceived?
>>
I never understood Ghost Light, redpill me
>>
>>83290072
the way the daleks were set up in s1 with dalek and then actually delivered in the finale was honestly brilliant. every single appearance since then has been a disappointment desu and at this point they're a neutered joke. it's a real shame they weren't used more scarcely
>>
>>83290151
It was shit. The end.
>>
>>83290125
Yeah going to keep watching now. Leaving this tab in case of spoilers.
>>
>>83290151
No one does. In fact, it's infamous for it.
>>
>>83290214
the novelization helps?
>>
>>83290123
The original Sontarans look pretty cool except for the Chelsea smile
>>
>>83290177
They have to appear every series or they lose the rights to the Nation estate.
>>
>>83290147
Yes
>>
>>83288109
My gymnastics came to the conclusion that the numbers were flat.
And if anyone saw depth then they were imagine things.
>>
>>83290142
>everything got deleted

Really makes you think
>>
>>83286282
Agreed.
He would have made a good Time Lord
>>
>>83290147
Yes and the fact that Maisie Williams is a shit actress hired because she's currently popular certainly didn't help
>>
>>83290244
They could still have been used sparingly. S6 might be one of the better examples in a rare case of S6 being worth anything. A five second scene of them just being there is all they need. S10 felt a little more shoehorned to meet that quota unfortunately, so if it's handled with more delicacy then it can work.
>>
>>83290151
If you don't get the plot, you can read the summary at the Doctor Who Reference Guide (http://www.drwhoguide.com/who_7q.htm), or at Wikipedia or TARDIS Data Core or somewhere else. If you want to understand the themes, try About Time or the Eruditorium or something. If you have specific questions, ask a specific question instead of just "I don't get it, tell me everyting".
>>
>>83288952
WTF didn't the Doctor use a video link or something with Bill to input the numbers for the lock?

Bill: Up a bit Doctor, no no down a bit, up 1: BINGO! etc etc etc

This is bugging me.

Can the sonic shades send videos, or only audio recordings? Can't be fucked to watch every episode with the sonic shades to figure out what they can/ cannot do.
>>
>you look like corpses
>you ARE corpses
I love all the shittalking in this episode.
>>
GOAT
https://youtu.be/-pMncdMUL5E
>>
a GOAT fan trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRkqlpZeGq8
>>
>>83290392
In the ep before Face the Raven, we see Clara hanging out the Tardis with them and a feed to the Tardis
>>
>>83290392
Yes

because he SPECIFICALLY STATED 2 episodes ago that the glasses can record video

because he recorded video about the simulation and emailed it to non sim doctor

its just really really really really bad writing
>>
>>83290392
The whole PLOT of this episode and the last was that the Doctor was able to see a video recording of the shadow illusion world thing and was in a position to stop it.

So yes, it can send video. This is a major plot hole.
>>
>>83290177
RTD thought every finale had to be bigger and scarier than the last one, so we kept getting more and more Daleks threatening more and more everything, and that makes them less and less scary. (It's not like "all of reality" feels bigger than "all the universes in the multiverse".) Also, each time, it was the end of the Daleks forever and ever and we really mean it his time and then he needed some contrived way for them to somehow be back again.

I like that Moffat fixed that with Victory of the Daleks. Of course Gatiss's execution of the final act of that story was shit, but it meant the Daleks were back out in the universe and could just be the Daleks again like in the classic series. They haven't always been great since then, but they aren't any worse than in most classic stories.
>>
>>83288109
Have you ever tried to read small raised numbers by feeling them with your fingers? Blind people can't do it reliably even with years of practice. That's why Braille was invented.
>>
>>83290482
>>83290492
The Doctor only sent 'a recording' . Doesn't specify if the recording was visual or not.
>>
File: literally a midget.jpg (121KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
literally a midget.jpg
121KB, 1366x768px
lads why is it so funny
>>
>>83290698
spotted the Moffcuck

>n-n-n-no moffat isn't wrong moffat is never ever wrong hes the greatest writer in the history of television

mmm please moffat let me suck on your shriveled cock yummy
>>
>>83290774
She was such a bad actor.
>>
>>83290812
dwarf quota reached
>>
>>83290698
>"Hmmm I'm the Doctor but I'm not real, but I do know exactly how the real Doctor would think....I don't trust many people, so I'm sure I'll be able to convince myself with just an audio recording of the last few hours which would provide next to no context for most of the content of the recording, besides the last few minutes! Voila!"

Fuck off Moffcuck.

>>83290774
>>83290812
I unironically liked this character, I didn't think I would, but I actually did. She's comfy.
>>
>>83290622
The numbers were not raised anyway. That's why the Doctor couldn't see them.
>>
>>83290774
Because midgets are inherently funny
>>
I want to fuck a midget
>>
has the real doctor still not actually seen the monks?

i was assuming this would come into play somehow. and once he actually saw them he'd recognize them
>>
9PM tonight on BBC1 (30 minutes from now) you can see the new Doctor in action.

Because the new Death in Paradise series is starting.
>>
>>83291012
same but i'd worry it would hurt their back
>>
now realising i've never seen a midget naked

kind of tempted to search for midget porn, but worried about the possibility that i like it
>>
>>83291207
would you like to fuck a blind girl?
>>
File: imperialsBTFO.jpg (88KB, 720x572px) Image search: [Google]
imperialsBTFO.jpg
88KB, 720x572px
>>83290526
You pretty much typed out everything I was going to say before I could. The biggest problems with a good deal of the New Who Dalek episodes is the
>no this is the time the doctor actually defeats them and it's really cool and epic and they're gone forever this time okay
bullshit, and the fact that choosing them as *the* enemy of the Time War means they're cemented in the 'biggest, baddest guy ever' role. Of course even in Old Who they were the Doctor's sworn enemy, but there was still more dangerous shit out there. The Daleks even being *the* enemy of the Time War still feels stupid to me because it's pretty consistently pointed out their 'time corridor' technology is pretty shitty and inaccurate compared to a TARDIS.

I'm not a huge fan of Moffat but I appreciate the fact that he's put Daleks and Time Lords back out into the universe, so they no longer have to be treated as a sort of holy grail.

>>83290177
>every single appearance since then has been a disappointment
I feel like there've been plenty of great Dalek episodes, or rather Dalek episodes with great ideas but they've all been slightly bogged down by some shit
>Stolen Earth/Journey's End - Made Daleks look threatening but suffered from BIG EBIG FINALE syndrome
>Victory of the Daleks - Ironside plot was great fun, suffers a bit from the introduction and subsequent ignoring of the colourful Daleks
>Asylum of the Daleks - Dalek Asylum and Parliament of the Daleks were good ideas/worldbuilding, but episode suffered from Clara
>Into the Dalek - Excellent idea but suffered from Clara
>Magician's Apprentice/Witch's Familiar - Great storyline, great Dalek ideas, was interesting to see that there's several Dalek factions, leads on from Journey's End quite well, Davros kino, suffers from Clara and Missy somewhat, Doctor saving Davros as a child seems pretty muddled

>>83290244
Really? That fucking sucks.
>>
>>83291234
I dated a girl who was 4'9", which is technically a midget, but she didn't have any of the dwarfism disorders or anything, she was just on the low end of the bell curve for height. And she was hot as fuck. There's something great about normal proportions scaled down to a waist you can fit your hands around.
>>
The Caretaker is only worth it for the fact that the Doctor constantly throws shade around
>>
>>83291336
no nudes?
>>
>>83291058
1. It's a repeat
2. If it was new it would be the cat nigga from Gridlock instead, the whole reasoning behind the Kris Marshall meme is that he just left the show
>>
>>83290796
>Moffcuck

Fuck off. Prefer the RTD era overall, but Moff kept DW going.

Have to say I'm not confident about Chibnall taking over. His DW and TW episodes aren't bad per se, but not great either.

We'll see. Interesting times.
>>
>>83291012
We are all the same height lying down.
>>
File: 1467271135392.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1467271135392.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>It's a world will end because The Doctor is dead episode
>>
>>83291471
Funny that they're showing a repeat of death in paradise a day after the new Doctor Who ep aired, and a week before 12 regenerates. Almost as if they're wanting to familiarise the audience with 13.
>>
aren't we tired of reset buttons?
>>
>>83291487
i don't think his contributions to the whoniverse are much to write home about, but i recently watched broadchurch s1 and it's really fucking good. gives me hope
>>
>>83291033
I don't believe he has.
His simulation got a look if that counts.
>>
bill and penny are the least convincing lesbians ever
>>
>>83291972
>penny
not converted yet
>>
Say someone has access to drugs and that someone also has access to the first five new seasons and has not watched them in many many years. Out of this season selection, which episodes are the most entertaining?
>>
File: what did she mean by this.png (298KB, 597x594px) Image search: [Google]
what did she mean by this.png
298KB, 597x594px
I'm trying to catch up before 12 regenerates. Watched all of S8 in a few days. Enjoyed it. The tone sometimes reminded me of the Chris Eccleston season which I think is still my favorite. S9 is pretty good so far too, liked the Davros episodes, and this underwater base one. Guess they're all two parters this season.

Speaking of Davros, I've seen Genesis of the Daleks and I remember him from some David Tennant episodes but are there any other episodes featuring him worth watching? He's an interesting character.
>>
>>83292053
What drugs?
>>
>>83292114
He's in every Classic Dalek episode post Genesis (Destiny, Resurrection, Revelation, and Remembrance)
>>
>>83290901

The Doctor couldn't see the numbers because he was fucking blind.
>>
>>83292117
The marijuanas I don't know what else would even be good to watch with
>>
>>83291317
To be fair, two of the best-loved Dalek stories from the classic series, Evil and Remembrance, had the "this time the doctor actually defeats them and they're really gone forever this time", so I can see why RTD might have thought it was a good idea. But he was wrong. Evil and Remembrance weren't great because they finished off the Daleks for good yet again, they were great because, unlike most classic Dalek stories, they had a great writer who liked the idea of the Daleks but wasn't interested in trying to be Terry Nation.

Meanwhile, I knew RTD was going to reuse the elevate scene, and I'm really glad he gave it to Shearman to use in his single-Dalek story where it could be suitably epic instead of reserving it for the big finale where it would barely be noticed. (And sure, Remembrance did it first, but it was a response to a popular misconception, not a retcon, and the misconception was just as popular in 2005 as in 1988, so why not redo it?)
>>
File: 11clever.png (105KB, 349x307px) Image search: [Google]
11clever.png
105KB, 349x307px
>>83292190
Whatever you do, don't use psychedelics and then watch Doctor Who.

There is some scary shit you don't want to see on drugs. Pic related.
>>
Listen to Zagreus
avaiable on spotify
>>
>>83292114
Davros's best stories after Genesis are all on Big Finish. (Remembrance is amazing, but not because of him—unless you count the novelisation.) But they all kind of assume you've watched at least the first two TV ones, which are also the worst two, so… you might as well watch them all.
>>
>>83292354
True. Also hard to concentrate if the visual stimuli is breathing.
>>
>>83292154
Cool, so he meets a lot of different Doctors. I noticed the clips in the Capaldi episode. I really enjoyed him as an antagonist to Tom Baker and Capaldi, don't remember much about the Tennant scenes. But with those two he actually felt like a match or someone who could challenge the Doctor's intellect.
>>
>>83292462
I've seen some shit. You only make that kind of mistake once
>>
>>83292354
Are you kidding? Back in the late 80s, coming back from a party still on whichever phenethylamine was legal that week, the first thing I always did was pop in a Doctor Who video like Claws of Axos. I made a lot of converts that way.
>>
>>83292442
was there an audio series of when he was young before being confined to a wheelchair?
>>
>>83292541
I dunno man I have not had good experiences
>>
>>83292442
So Big Finish is audio narrated stories? These are officially licensed?
>>
>>83292729
They're radio plays essentially, and yes
>>
>>83291317
Asylum was shit, and the Dalek asylum and the parliament were both fucking shit too. Moffat is possibly the worst world builder of any writer in the entire history of writing. He doesn't build worlds, he builds sandcastles, then trips over them in his rush to build the next one.

Retarded shit introduced by Moffat to the world of Daleks:

Daleks can nano-convert slaves (just like the Cybermen) which basically means they can just nano-cloud a planet from orbit and oh, look, they're fucking unstoppable and oh, look, they're fucking Cybermen now
Daleks love Dalek hate so much they won't terminate sick Daleks
Daleks let Daleks turn to shit soup because they love Daleks so much
Daleks actually have emotions but can't express any of them because Siri won't let them, forcing them to kill the things they love
Daleks are pure hatred incarnate
Daleks hate miscegenation so much they would never allow a Dalek hybrid to exist
Daleks hate miscegenation so much they create a Clala human-dalek hybrid
Daleks are willing to die for their cause, even sacrificing themselves because of genetic impurity
Daleks beg for their lives because they're so willing to die for their cause
Daleks have a multi-coloured caste system
Daleks don't have a multi-coloured caste system
>>
>>83292637
I, Davros is the series about young Davros. There's also another loose series of Davros, mostly in the early main range audios crossing 6 and other Doctors, set during the runup to the Dalek Civil War of the late JNT era.

>>83292729
Big FInish mostly does full-cast radio-play stories, although they also do some things that are closer to narrated audio books (or the old Pescatons record), with two or three actors and everything else narrated.

And they're officially licensed. Although that doesn't really matter that much to me; I love some of the AudioVisuals (by a lot of the same people as Big Finish but 15 years earlier), and they weren't officially licensed.
>>
>>83292760
>Daleks have a multi-coloured caste system
Actually it was one of the movies that introduced that.
>>
>>83292760
Half of the stuff you're complaining about already happened in the classic series. You're just desperate to find reasons to hate Moffat.

There's never been any consistency to the Daleks; they're whatever works for the current story. When the stories are good (whether it's Genesis or TMA/TWF), the retcons aren't a problem. When the stories are crap (whether it's Destiny or Journey's End) it's not the retcons that ruin it. And likewise, Victory isn't fun for the first two thirds and then crap at the end because the first two thirds are faithful and the last third is a retcon, but because the first two thirds are a fun story and the last third is a convoluted mess of three separate stories crammed into 10 minutes when none of the three stories would even be any good if it wasn't rushed.
>>
>>83292760
>the Dalek asylum and the parliament were both fucking shit too
How come?

>Daleks can nano-convert slaves
Yes that was fucking retarded and I hate that it's been introduced for the Cybermen too.

>Daleks love Dalek hate so much they won't terminate sick Daleks
>Daleks let Daleks turn to shit soup because they love Daleks so much
Yes, and?

>Daleks actually have emotions but can't express any of them because Siri won't let them, forcing them to kill the things they love
Not even implied. The speech filter could be some vestigial function of the armour from the early days of the Daleks or some bullshit, not something that any of the current ones use.

>Daleks hate miscegenation so much they create a Clala human-dalek hybrid
A symptom of Clara.

>Daleks beg for their lives because they're so willing to die for their cause
A symptom of River Song.

>Daleks have a multi-coloured caste system
>Daleks don't have a multi-coloured caste system
Which episodes make you say that? The Power Ranger Daleks were severely underused considering how much their introduction was hyped up, but a few of them still appear in other episodes (I'm positive there's a red New Dalek commanding around the regular bronze Daleks in Asylum), while TWA/TWF Daleks were a seperate faction.
>>
is eccleston the only actor to have played the doctor who tried to distance himself from the series after?

don't know much about the first 3 but all the others are happy to do interviews/ conventions etc aren't they? and of course big finish stuff as well
>>
>>83292952
>There's never been any consistency to the Daleks; they're whatever works for the current story.
Or Daleks have a history and are just different in 10000 AD, 4000 AD, 2150 AD, and six different unspecified dates. Which works fine when the Daleks actually exist in history, as they do in the classic series and in Moffat, but you can't do much with that when the Daleks don't exist anymore except that here's yet another group that somehow do, as in the RTD era.
>>
>>83292760
>Daleks hate miscegenation so much they would never allow a Dalek hybrid to exist
>Daleks hate miscegenation so much they create a Clala human-dalek hybrid

The Daleks are Nazi metaphors, of course they hate miscegenation. Also Clara is explicitly called a "full conversion" so she's not a hybrid you dunce
>>
>>83293160
Tom tried to distance himself from the role. And he only very gradually let himself be dragged back over the course of decades until 2010 or so.

The first three didn't have any problems with the role. Hartnell was too sick to be involved much, but Troughton came back and gave it his all for every reunion until he died, and Pertwee was doing BBC radio plays during the hiatus and the early wilderness years.
>>
Where can I watch the latest Dr Who episode? I can't access bbciplayer or torrent because I'm abroad with only my phone.

Wat do?
>>
>>83293221
OK, I can buy that, but it isn't much of an explanation for the Moffat era because none of the Moffat-era stories tell us when they're happening the way most of the pre-Genesis ones did, so we're essentially forced to think of them as just "a story about the Daleks in some era we haven't seen before" rather than "a story about the Daleks in the era between the Second and Third Dalek Wars that we haven't seen before". So it really is just about different kinds of "Dalek stories", like in the comics, not about Dalek history. (And let Lance Parkin figure out the history after the fact for the people who care…)
>>
>>83293348
look for an app called Movie Box
Or just the app for Dailymotion
>>
I miss the Daleks I hope they appear in the finale or the Christmas special
>>
>>83291058
Wait, how do you know that Kris Marshall is going to be the next Doctor?
>>
>>83293459
said nobody
>>
>>83293348
Install Kodi on your phone. Install the Exodus add-on to Kodi. Use it to search the streaming sites.

If you can't do that for some reason, go to Primewire. Streaming sites come and go, so you'll have to follow the news on them, but Primewire works this month.

DailyMotion is always a good fallback. They take a bit longer to get each episode, occasionally one gets deleted, and the quality isn't always great, but they usually have everything if you're willing to look.
>>
>>83292952

>Half of the stuff you're complaining about already happened in the classic series.

That's not the point. This is about Moffat as a world-builder. The fact that the Classic Series writers were also shit at world-building doesn't really have an effect on Moffat's quality as a world-builder, but besides that, NuWho is a very different beast to Classic Who, which has become increasingly serialised.

You can excuse the inconsistencies across the Classic Series because of the fact that they had different show-runners/ writers, and because when they changed something about the daleks, they were still in the process of engineering the concept. You can't really argue changing external circumstances in NuWho for these contradictions and you certainly can't argue internal evolution of the story/ characters/ world because that's clearly not what's happening.

Moffat explicitly contradicts the world-building he introduces, which renders it worthless - each thing on its own could be an interesting way of interrogating an ideology or concept, or providing a social/ political/ cultural allegory for a relevant issue, but they're so poorly developed they never actually emerge as interesting contributions to the lore.

Some of those elements could have been good if they'd actually been developed. Some are too stupid to survive contact with intelligent thought. In either case, as unnecessary embellishments that don't survive the length of the monologue in which they are introduced, they're completely meaningless. Every time I'm now told X person or species has always definitely had Y characteristic even though it has never become apparent over 50 years of broadcasting, I just sigh and gently massage my brow.

>>83292944

The movies aren't very good, and they're also not canon.
>>
>>83293465
Nobody actually knows who the next Doctor is (except the Mirror, who has sources who tell them absolutely positively for sure that it's Kris Marshall, and also Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and also David Harewood, and also two other people I can't remember). People are just meming.
>>
>>83293139
>Which episodes make you say that? The Power Ranger Daleks were severely underused considering how much their introduction was hyped up

The episode where the Ranger Daleks were underused. All the episodes. Suddenly we're told that there's all these rungs to Dalek society, then by the next episode, oh wait, no there aren't, they have a Parliament now, and what's a Dalek Eternal again?
>>
new thread when?
>>
>>83293139
>Not even implied.

Wait, what? Clara says "I love you" and it comes out as "Exterminate". It's clearly implying that the Dalek's individual evolution/ growth is deliberately handicapped by the armor.
>>
>>83293577
83 posts
>>
>>83293541
I knew it.
>>
>>83293221
They don't exist in history under Moffat. That's the point. Where there should be chronology and progression, there's just random contradictions. The Daleks have a caste system for all of two minutes and then they just don't. The Daleks have a parliament and then they just don't. The Daleks keep their sick Daleks alive on an asylum because their hatred is beautiful but then they dump them in a sewer because ???

There's no connection between episodes, hence, no history. In the Classic series, each Dalek serial was a sequel to the previous serial. Revelation was a sequel to Destiny because the Daleks needed to resurrect Davros to help win the Dalek-Movellan war.

Where does this happen in Moffat Who?
>>
File: secr.png (56KB, 601x316px) Image search: [Google]
secr.png
56KB, 601x316px
Secret writer discord?
>>
>>83293575
>>83293780
Asylum of the Daleks show that while bronze Daleks still make up the rank and file, the Red and White Daleks at least are still present, presumably in a commanding position. We also don't know what colour the Prime Minister would be if he had a travel machine.

TWA/TWF aren't the New Dalek Paradigm, they're basically the Journey's End Daleks recreated by Davros once more, which is why there's no New Paradigm Daleks and the Red Supreme rather than a White Supreme.

With the Daleks from Into the Dalek we don't know which faction they belong to, but the lack of a coloured Dalek presumably means they're just goons without a coloured commanding officer. It doesn't imply they completely lack a caste system.

>The Daleks keep their sick Daleks alive on an asylum because their hatred is beautiful but then they dump them in a sewer because ???
For the exact same fucking reason. They don't want to kill other Daleks but don't want to take care of them either. Insane ones get dumped in the Asylum, old ones get dumped in the sewer.

>>83293645
Yes, but there was nothing in the episode saying "Daleks are actually full of love but their mean armour makes them kill :((" Nothing says the Kaled mutant isn't actually completely fucking hateful. There's a speech filter in the armour, but no guarantee that it's even needed for most Daleks.
>>
These Monk fucks being so powerful they can cure the Doctor in the blink of an eye and take over the world easy as pie bother me

It's so universe breaking I can't take it in
They're like literal gods how have time Lords never heard of them and why are they bothering with Earth
>>
So I haven't seen the new season of Who, including the christmas one.

What's the consensus? Is it good? Is it bad?

Life got in the way, and now I'm just constantly working, and never get time to watch it.

I really want to enjoy some comfy /who/ desu.
>>
>>83294461
It's good.
>>
>>83294461
It's alright. Typical Who variation in quality from episode to episode.
>>
I didn't type desu...

>>83294516
Better than last season? How's the new companion?
>>
>>83294579
Good in The Pilot, shit in everything else
>>
>>83294643
One episode better than Clara at least then.
>>
>>83294579
I think so far I prefer last season but this one's only halfway over. New companion isn't actively terrible, she's just sort of there.
>>
>>83294725
ayy
>>
/who/nger games when?
>>
>>83295210
Fuck offerino, these shitty memes are good for off-season /who/ when there is nothing to discuss
>>
>>83294169
>Nothing says the Kaled mutant isn't actually completely fucking hateful.

Into the Dalek?
>>
>>83295210
no.
>>
>>83290147
No. Especially not if you read The Legends Of Ashildr.

She's a very tragic figure, who hides her pain behind a confident persona. She's been betrayed over and over, could never stay with loved ones because that would draw attention, and lost whatever was left of her happiness when she lost her children to disease. Maisie plays it as smugness, which irritates some people, but if you had seen so many people live and die (before Face the Raven, she's met kings and sultans and peasants), you might be smug too.

I dislike how the show never capitalized on "defending the Earth from the Doctor." It's a setup for a lot of good stories...would be nice to see her up against Seven. She'd fit right into the NAs.

>>83290151
The whole thing is an experiment in biological evolution by an alien. "Control" was the control.
>>
What did he mean by this?
https://twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/868905560388890625
>>
>>83295310
Due to a defect.
>>
>>83294370
This is a fantasy trope: the magical contract. The Monks are restricted by needing a pure contract to let them use their powers. They're like Genies--you have to make a wish, or else they are powerless.
>>
>>83295477
That's Gareth!
>>
>>83295963
The monks are basically this guy
>>
>>83297034
they fuck pieces of paving stone?
>>
>Great Tier
Knock Knock
Oxygen

>UKTV GOLD tier
Smile
Thin Ice

>An attempt was made tier
Extremis

>Hot Shite
The Pilot
The Pyramid at the End of the World.
>>
>>83297034
fucking fairies?
>>
>>83286929
No he wasn't, since 10 stopped it from happening.
>>
>>83294370
>They're like literal gods how have time Lords never heard of them
Three possible explanations:
1. They didn't want the Time Lords or anyone else to know about them so they hid themselves
2. They're from another universe
3. It's possible for the monks to exist without being noticed because the universe is just REALLY REALLY REALLY FUCKING BIG
>>
>>83297551
Basically. They're using similar rules.
>>
>>83297723
The universe is really big. To the point that it's almost mathematically impossible for the Doctor to have "seen every star twice", tho I think he might have been exxagerating.
>>
4m UK viewers watched Dr Who.

But that doesn't matter because... kek

https://twitter.com/edwardrussell/status/868868601377419265
>>
Very reliable sources tell me an Evil of the Daleks animation is in the works. Screencap this.
>>
>>83299301
https://twitter.com/disused_yeti/status/868818203157377024
>>
>>83299398
Nice. I knew I could trust my source.
>>
>>83299301
Power's animation brought in money, so it's pretty credible actually.
>>
File: thennow2.jpg (108KB, 1280x570px) Image search: [Google]
thennow2.jpg
108KB, 1280x570px
>>
>>83299662
>then: includes characters from series 8
>now: also includes characters from series 8

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>83299662
This rustles my autism.
>>
File: Leo da fuq is dis sheeeit.png (59KB, 166x163px) Image search: [Google]
Leo da fuq is dis sheeeit.png
59KB, 166x163px
>>83299662
>First trans """""""""woman""""""""" actor
>Cast as literal subhuman lifeform
>Character was basically Big Gay Retard
>That fucking random went crazy with the marker on face

What the fuck did they mean by this?
>>
>>83299662
whose peachy little bum is that next to clara?
>>
>>83299968
I stopped watching that episode because it wasn't clicking immediately. Was it good?
>>
>>83300005
That's Clara's bum
>>
>>83300051
really? for the sake of research what episode?
>>
>>83300143
Flatline, after her and the black guy fall out of the window when they first meet the Boneless
>>
>>83300143
flatline. ironic cause its a thicc ass
>>
>>83300178
oh thanks. it must have been a blink and miss it moment.

>>83300193
they seem to hide the thicc assets since martha. before that they made a point of showing off billie piper's. maybe they got complaints because it's a family show.
>>
>>83287348
>guy sees that planet will die
>ayo I consent bro, pls save my planet I don't wanna lose my home and my family and everyone I love and shit
>NIGGA YOU SCARED, YOU AIN'T PURE
>girl sees that guy will die and so will the planet
>ayo I consent bro, pls save the guy only, I'm literally doing this just so he can see and fuck you all up later
>NOW WE TALKING, GIMME THAT LOVE

WHY IS HARNESS STILL ALLOWED TO WRITE?
>>
File: capaldi.png (335KB, 942x414px) Image search: [Google]
capaldi.png
335KB, 942x414px
>>
>>83288109
>headcanon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zim8zL3Q5k
>>
>>83286144
Run baby legs! Only you can save the world!
>>
>>83300434

because she loves the Doctor. Don't you know that the power of Love is the mighties force in the whoniverse, even more so than in Nolan's Interstellar?
>>
>>83287209
>remember the crew from the satan pit? of course you do cuz they were all likable, flawed human beings with great chemistry.
The only one remotely memorable is the virgin guy who gets possessed and that's all I remember about him.
>>
File: good man.pngeed route.png (270KB, 353x481px) Image search: [Google]
good man.pngeed route.png
270KB, 353x481px
http://www.doctorwhoworldwide.com/hayley-atwell-counts-running-next-doctor-46983/

huh
>>
>>83300434
autism
>>
>>83300749
:(
>>
File: 1430778655353.png (463KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430778655353.png
463KB, 780x720px
>>83300336
>since Donna

ftfy
>>
>>83300749
NOOOOOOOO
SHE WAS /OURGIRL/
>>
Roses are red,
Harambe's in heaven,
George W Bush did [redacted]
>>
>>83300749
Good.
>>
>>83300686
I think his point was that in both cases you can assume that love and fear were involved, especially in Bill's case cause she was afraid that the Doctor would die.

But even then I think that the rules for consent weren't explained properly. The decision should be made out of love because with love you rule better, but is the love related to the monks or to someone else? If it's related to the monks, it would never happen with humans because we take some time to love something, and if it's to someone else, then they wouldn't be ruling with love.
Shit doesn't make any sense.

>>83300749
Fucking kill me. If it ends up being Fleabag can we just nuke the BBC?
>inb4 other Atwellbros start saying that this is confirmation that it'll be her
>>
>>83300981
>>inb4 other Atwellbros start saying that this is confirmation that it'll be her
shit, u beat me 2 it
>>
>>83291317
>Into the Dalek - Excellent idea
Yeah, no, definitely not. I don't think there's another episode with such a ridiculously cartoon concept. Why do Daleks even have hallways inside their heads?
>>
Who is the sexiest companion and why is it Steven Taylor?
>>
File: Victory-of-the-daleks.jpg (23KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
Victory-of-the-daleks.jpg
23KB, 460x259px
What was his name again?
>>
>>83301309
In hindsight that was really retarded of me to type seeing as there were two ideas going on in that episode
>Good Dalek
>Going inside a Dalek
Going inside the Dalek was stupidly cartoonish, yeah. What I meant was Rusty being a 'good' Dalek and his hatred kind of being flipped back on the Daleks. I thought that was a really interesting idea, and enjoyed the character.
>I SEE BEAUTY
>I SEE ENDLESS DIVINE PERFECTION
>>
>>83301504
The Mustard Dalek.
>>
>>83301504
Dalek Chong
>>
>>83301504
I wouldn't have voted for him. He's... yellow.
>>
>>83301513
I sort of appreciate it for that, but at the same time I kind of resent it for obviously trying to harp on the best bits of Dalek but without actually earning the emotional weight of the Doctor's dark side with context.
>Dalek in Dalek says "YOU WOULD MAKE A GOOD DALEK"
>Dalek in Into the Dalek says "YOU ARE A GOOD DALEK."
>9 says "You're gonna get rusty."
>Dalek in Into the Dalek is literally called Rusty.
>>
>>83301504
Dalek Retcaan
>>
>>83301504
The Big Boy Whomst Will Last A Really Long Time
>>
>>83301504
Pee pee head
>>
1:25 kek reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOwwWqmMiyk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0LUEO8ZDRI
>>
>>83301811
It definitely riffed incredibly hard on 'Dalek,' yeah. I rewatched 'Dalek' for the first time in a few years yesterday and I couldn't help but repeatedly spot things and think to myself "oh yeah they called back to this in Into the Dalek." However, I feel like Rusty's development and conclusion was distinct enough from Dalek, and I liked the Dalek action we got in Into.
>WE MUST FIND OUR COMRADE DALEK
>SEEK, LOCATE, DESTROY!
>The confusion and death screams of the Daleks as Rusty blasts them

Also though that one soldier dying hundreds, perhaps thousands of years, after the Nether Sphere was taken off line and she was still somehow sucked into it. BRAVO NOLAN.
>>
Bored with these monks tbqh. Should have just been a 2 parter.
>>
>>83302606
Missy is a time traveler m8
>>
>>83302611
Kind of agree. They are like the Silence, but more boring.
>>
Ok so when 13 is on air and Chibs is showrunner, and the ratings increase we'll know the audience really didn't like Moffat/Capaldi's era, if they don't increase then we know for sure that viewing habbits are different.
>>
File: Why-the-Moff-not.gif (277KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
Why-the-Moff-not.gif
277KB, 341x341px
>>83302513
Did they edit it out or is this the only interview Moffat ever gave without making a wanking or dick sucking gesture?
>>
Is Kris going to appear as 13 for a few seconds in Lie of the Land? when Capaldi gets shot and regenerates?
>>
>>83302658
>Time travelled to the future just so she could retrieve the soul and miniaturised body of one random goon soldier and bring it back to 2017 to turn it into another mook Cyberman except this one is about a centimetre in height
woah... really makes you think...
>>
>>83302667
I might not mind it so much if it wazn't two full episodes of setup and threat looming with very little actually happening.
>>
>>83302611
>>83302755
Extremis was a waste of an episode tbqhwy.
>>
>>83302735
Master likes to stalk and fuck with the Doctor while enacting ridiculous plans

News at 11
>>
>>83302731
It would be a very cool way to get ahead of the press and reveal 13 in a way appropriate for the actual show, so I hope so. Although not Kris I hope.
>>
>>83302798
True but it was more entertaining than Pyramid.
>>
I have to write 14 coursework pages in one day. Is it possible?
>>
>>83302611
>>83302667
>>83302755
So far my issues with them are that they're just so incredibly undefined it's hard to care about them. They're apparently shapeshifters but that's not brought up again. They can melt people but it's not explained how. They can steal bodies or do something to invade a plane somehow? That whole scene was incredibly vague. They can fix the Doctor's eyesight without actually having to go anywhere near him, yet still rely on CCTV to survey the lab. They also cured the Doctor despite this being something that he apparently couldn't do himself.

They're just really bland and poorly written so far and it's going to take some immense effort to make them even remotely compelling villains for the third episode.
>>
>>83303125
I'm just thanking God they didn't turn out to be the Cybermen. Let's hope that doesn't happen next episode, either.
>>
File: 4L_COMTR150.jpg (40KB, 1020x534px) Image search: [Google]
4L_COMTR150.jpg
40KB, 1020x534px
>>
>>83303122
Yes, if you get off /who/ and smack yourself everytime you get distracted.
>>
>>83303224
kek
>>
>>83303125
I thought the way they melted people was similar to the way the bacteria melted living matter but it was probably unintentional.
>>
Cloister?
>>
>>83303316
dead
>>
Really hard to track down an actual 1080p bluray rip of The Snowmen :/
>>
>>83303316
Cloister ded
>>
NU THRED
>>83303372
>>83303372
>>83303372
>>
>>83303379
>>83303336
you shit
>>
>>83303458
f off Cloi
>>
>>83303483
you off f shit
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.