[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Who General - /WHO/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 31

Pearl's Lips Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bzmv3ScK50

>>83275216
>>
>>83280276
oh damn, thats some great DSL she got
>>
REMINDER THAT MARSHALL IS INTRODUCED NEXT WEEK
>>
>>83280287
>Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS sounded GOAT, I was really looking forward to watching it, hoping it would be like a NewWho Edge of Destruction. It wasn't. It was shit.

kek
>>
OH SHIT GUYS
OFFICIAL PICTURE OF THE NEW DOCTOR
>>
The chick in season 2 looked much better...
>>
>>83280362
you're on a dr who general, and you choose these words
>>
why does this show attract so many mentally ill people?
>>
>>83280412
>asking this question on 4chan
>>
>>83280412
Because doctor who is practically designed for escapism, which is exactly what mentally ill people want the most
>>
>>83280276
The Lie of the Time Lords.
>>
>>83280362
Rose was qt but I had no intense desire to bum her. Bill on the other hand...
>>
can the doctor regenerate circumcised?
>>
>>83280287
Series 7 just felt incredibly average to me, I've never hated it like a lot of people seem to but nothing about it particularly stands out as being either great or terrible. It's just sort of there.
>>
>>83280348
The TV Movie also does some really interesting stuff with the TARDIS, much moreso than that episode does.

>>83280412
Tonnes of continuity to dive into attracts obsessive sorts, but the lack of canon liberates fans from having to stick to any sort of narrative or attitude about it. It's as "big" if not bigger than other big geek stuff like Star Trek and Tolkien and whatnot, but there's no marching order, no "rules", so it's a lot less daunting (and desu more fun, IMO) than those fandoms. Interesting side-effect of that is seeing huge fans of Doctor Who with very different political opinions and whatnot, even all for the show's politics being fairly clear in any given era.

>>83280485
Pretty much.
>>
>>83280276
Is she taking a shit? WTF is with that face?
>>
>>83280276
Like a potato with downs syndrome
>>
>>83280497
>The TV Movie also does some really interesting stuff with the TARDIS, much moreso than that episode does.
Like make it a fire hazard? ;^)
>>
>>83280484
serious answer to a shitpost: I would presume yes, since he has mentioned the possibility of regenerating with missing limbs
>>
i just accidentally mashed some buttons and 4chanx popped up a thing saying "md5 filtered", have i fucked something up?
>>
I'm finding it hard to believe that the monks have technology sophisticated enough to create an extact simulation of everything since the dawn of time and are able to flawlessly replicate a TARDIS.
>>
>>83280656
Unless yeno they're Time Lords.
>>
>>83280656
>I'm finding it hard to believe
It's a made up story, anon.
>>
>>83280587
>the doctor regenerates into a quadruple amputee
>>
>>83280674

What a tweest!
>>
File: gyateheather.png (140KB, 398x496px) Image search: [Google]
gyateheather.png
140KB, 398x496px
>>83280353
>>
>>83280656
That's ok, Doctor Who isn't real anyway
>>
>>83280656
Are we meant to assume that The Doctor's entire life as we saw it lived by the real Doctor was simulated? What does this mean? Was Gallifrey simulated? My fucking head hurts?
>>
>>83280501
>>83280517
What's it like being gay /pol/?
>>
>>83280733
That's what I'm talking about.

>>83280732
>>83280679
lol it's fiction so it doesn't have to make sense --> :D:D:D
>>
>>83280287
I really wanted Asylum of the Daleks to be good. I will admit I love the Daleks in spite of the fact they have few good stories. It seemed like a good premise, but it totally shat the bed with a contrived divorce plot for the Ponds, teasing the special weapons Dalek in promos when it was barely visible onscreen, Clara being "fully converted" into a Dalek like Moffat had a brain lapse and thought he was writing a Cybermen ep, etc

I liked that S7 went for a more fun, self-contained adventures feel overall, which was necessary after the S6 clusterfuck. But the one arc it did try to pull off felt wonky and rushed. I dunno why we couldn't have just had a series with no overall arc for once, especially since they knew the 50th was right around the corner, and that could be chock-full of all the lore they wanted. I also dislike Name of The Doctor a little more in hindsight given that Time of The Doctor pretty much immediately overwrote it.
>>
>>83280759
it's comfy
I get to cuddle boys and they are upfront about their feelings unlike icky women who think they're being smart by saying nothing and hoping their man can read her mind
>>
>>83280656
only everything on Earth. They're simulating a TARDIS, but they don't actually simulate it when it goes off-world, it just disappears from the simulation for a while
>>
>>83280759
I wouldn't know, I'm neither gay nor do I use /pol/
>>
>>83280674
>>83280699
I am sort of hoping for this. Maybe not Time Lords per se but a corrupt faction. Adherents of the exiled Rassilon maybe. Could tie in with Missy somehow. (Of course it will never happen)
>>
>>83280789
Yeah i fucking hate the rationale of
>>83280732
and
>>83280679
If you're going by that logic, why bother appreciating any art ever created if you're apparently not supposed to engage with it on any level beyond just vacantly observing it
>>
>>83280798
I feel like that character was written as a Dalek who thought it was human but then they decided on the Impossible Girl storyline and changed it into something that doesn't quite make sense. The weird Dalek people were stupid but there's some stuff in that episode I want to like.
Also Eggs
>>
>>83280594
>So the Doctor has invulnerable lungs, good to know.
I'm sure they used a justification that it would only affect human lungs, hence the line about Nardole having them, but that still makes no sense since this it is apparently going to exterminate all life on Earth
>>
I'm still not really sure what my problem with Pyramids was. It was pretty similar to the Zygon two-parter and I thought they were solid. And on paper Pyramids sounds interesting, but for me it was easily the most bored I've been watching S10 so far.
>>
File: capaldikill.png (228KB, 473x456px) Image search: [Google]
capaldikill.png
228KB, 473x456px
OH SHIT
>>
>>83280907
Especially since like one scene previously the Doctor shot down the idea of it being a plague specific to humans.
>>
>>83280798
I love em too. It's amazing we have as many kino stories with the same monster as we do really...Genesis of the Daleks, Lucie Miller / To the Death, Dark Eyes 1, Dalek, Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways, etc, just first ones coming to my mind

>I liked that S7 went for a more fun, self-contained adventures feel overall, which was necessary after the S6 clusterfuck. But the one arc it did try to pull off felt wonky and rushed. I dunno why we couldn't have just had a series with no overall arc for once, especially since they knew the 50th was right around the corner, and that could be chock-full of all the lore they wanted. I also dislike Name of The Doctor a little more in hindsight given that Time of The Doctor pretty much immediately overwrote it.

I share all your thoughts here.
>>
so, blind doctor was great while it lasted. wish it could've gone on for the whole series desu.
what other disabilities could make for interesting stories?
deafness wouldn't be a huge deal. he could get lip reading software.
The obvious one would be permanently losing his voice, that'd be fucking great. It was already kind of done in Midnight, but i'd imagine it would be less fucked up than that was.
>>
>>83280886
I like the Dalek puppets. Hollowing people out and using them for infiltration is kinda creepy, and makes sense from a strategic standpoint. A nanocloud that converts people into them, that's a little harder for me to swallow

Eggs was admittedly funny but holy fuck how stupid does Rory have to be not to associate a Dalek saying "Eggs" with "sterminate"
>>
>>83280922
it was the script
>>
>>83280946
I've given some thought to a Doctor who has to rely on a walking stick and eventually a wheelchair before, but a mute Doctor sounds really interesting.
>>
>>83280946
Well, 11 was supposed to have a bad leg during Time of the Doctor, hence the cane.
>>
>>83280946
Dunno if you'd count it as a "disability" but losing his "time" sense would be cool, I kind of consider the Pertwee stranded-on-Earth stuff to be that.

Also just a general physically weak Doctor, like 1, works well and really enlivens the companions.
>>
>>83280938
you're right, this should be added to the list

>>83276996
>>83277017
>>83277040

what a shitshow this episode was
>>
>>83280985
I remember leading into Time of the Doctor there were loads of rumours about him losing a leg. Considering 11's first line was about having legs, it would have been pure pottery.
>>
who else here really loves The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar?
>>
>>83281022
me desu
every davros scene is pure characterkino

showing daleks having a literal wordfilter when they've been able to commute in normal sentences before was a bit dumb tho
>>
>>83281008
>losing his "time" sense
i don't know what the fuck this means but it sounds incredible. could you elaborate?
>>
>>83281022
Perfect beginning for the series, very fun set of eps, feels like "blockbuster" Doctor Who the way it should be (not the way S7 did it). Comfy, but still having some proper emotional moments. #planeshavestopped is moffat earth cringiness but the eps are just so damn fun I forgive that.
>>
>>83280276
Are British blacks and mulattoes the most punchable people on Earth? Especially with that deep London accent
>>
>>83280828

So they either have the resources to run infinite simulations with every single possible variable that has ever occurred and then worked out which one is identical to the real world or they've somehow created one simulation that runs parallel to the real world which would involve cataloging and replicating absolutely everything that changes in real time?
>>
>>83281019
>Bill said "you better get my planet back" but nothing had gone wrong yet, why was she scared when she had just decided consenting to the monks was the right thing to do?
That's a bit of a silly one. She didn't think it was the right thing to do, she only did it to save the Doctor's life. And earlier she was only considering it because it seemed like their only option for survival. She was still well aware that she was putting Earth into a dictatorship, which she'd obviously want undone as soon as possible.
>>
>>83281044
Some episodes have elaborated on it, like the ability to time travel is a fundamental thing for the Doctor (and Time Lords in general), time is like air or water to them. I'm positive NewWho has touched on it but can't remember the exact eps...maybe The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit

Basically it doesn't feel good for him to be stranded to one consecutive time period. Idk if it feels bad in the way that eating just gruel forever would feel to us, or if it like actually hurts, but it's unpleasant.
>>
>>83280789
>>83280880
What doesn't make sense to you? Seriously, what does "I'm finding it hard to believe" even mean in this context? That such a simulation couldn't really exist? No fucking shit. You can have stories about things that don't "make sense" and the fact that you think pointing this out is "engaging with art on a level beyond just vacantly observing it" is infantile.
>>
>>83280656
Well they didn't replicate is flawlessly, after all the Tardis translation matrix couldn't even translate the pope
>>
>>83281037
agree. It's weird, it's kind of a mess but it's like.... a really solid mess. A very comfy mess indeed.
The thing about this story is that the Doctor/Davros stuff could easily be expanded into a great story by itself. The same is true for the Missy/Clara stuff. The way they were smashed together wasn't terrible though.
>>
>>83281019
>this should be added to the list
Or it could just be its own post without being part of an autist's Official List of Nitpicks.
>>
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-27/will-peter-capaldi-regenerate-in-next-weeks-doctor-who

>Unless of course, we’ve completely misread everything and this is a MASSIVE triple bluff for the surprise introduction of Kris Marshall’s Doctor in next week’s episode.

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>83280946
Permanently losing his voice would be far more than an interesting handicap; it's downright lethal to the core of the show. The Doctor's strength is his capacity to solve everything by talking (and for his enemies to graciously stand around and listen).

Colourblindness could be a good middle ground. Can still see but there would be the occasional dilemma regarding specific buttons, wires etc

As >>83280979 said wheelchair Doctor would be interesting, since there's a lot of running involved. However I feel they'd inevitably make comparisons to Davros, and I'm not sure if I want that

>>83281037
I love Davros chewing the scenery. The visuals of the Dalek city are nice, the concept of the Dalek graveyard is great. Missy with Clara as her companion is good.

However, I absolutely fucking despise that the Daleks can apparently open up and have space inside for a human to operate, like what the fuck is all that hollow space for then? "Exterminate" being fulled by emotion and hatred is a nice idea but the thought filter is bullshit.

Also something something eyes shut all them years
>>
>>83281089
The fact that a simulation of all of Earth's history could include The Doctor, who has such an immense history outside Earth, doesn't make sense to me. What's your damage?
>>
>>83281048
Londoners in general tend to be massive cunts
>>
>>83281147
>colourblindness
Ok, now that's just taking the piss
>>
>>83281064
the latter

a big deal IS made out of how thorough their simulations are. That's why their words are taken as fact when they say Earth will end; they have the data to support it
>>
>>83281173
would make it hard for him to differentiate between the paradigm Daleks :^)
>>
>>83281133
>nitpicks
A nitpick would be complaining about how the giant monster in Thin Ice was able to successfully swim under bridges in the middle of london and not knock down any of the pillars that go all the way down and secure the bridge to the ground

Those are all perfectly valid questions that get brought up when watching the episode and detract from the experience - most of which could have been easily fixed or averted
>>
>>83281089

So what's your point?

That all fiction is immune to criticism by the very nature of being fiction?
>>
>>83281153
But Earth's history includes the Doctor so why wouldn't he be present?
>>
>>83281147
I've always wanted to see an episode with The Doctor tripping balls on space drugs for the entire duration. would that even be allowed if it had some kind of extremely sci-fi backstory and it wasn't recreational? Either way, i feel like it'd be entertaining
>>
Whovians Episode 7

Does Anybody Still Even Watch These Edition

https://mega.nz/#F!9GB3CYrI!XQ0sYoyySM6waCFYdfUTLA
>>
>>83281237
what did they think of the epsiode? Was it blind praise or did anyone speak up about issues they had?
>>
>>83281230
Wasn't there a whole theory that the Doctor gets high from the oxygen on Earth because it has a higher concentration than on Gallifrey?
>>
>>83281022
Mostly good apart from introducing sunglasses wearing guitar playing Doctor. I don't like Missy but she was pretty good once they got to Skaro.
>Daleks can't say mercy
>The Dalek in Big Bang says this, and it's a pretty major focus too
>>
~Good tier~
Extremis
The Pyramid at the End of the World

~Somebody stole the middle act tier~
The Pilot
Smile

~Good if watched at 5x speed~
Knock Knock

~I'm glad my connection broke when streaming it~
Thin Ice
>>
>>83281216
I'm not saying he wouldn't be simulated, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how it works. Does he only exist when he's on Earth? If so, does he retain the memories that the real Doctor would have had of his travels?
>>
>>83281253
Honestly? I haven't bothered watching it yet.
>>
>>83281269
kek
is there any reason in particular we've all just lost interest in it?
>>
>>83281255
kek, i've never heard that, that's fucking fantastic
>>
>>83281265
it's a very good simulation
>>
Can we just agree that Peter Harness, one of the writers of this episode (and also of Kill the Moon), knows absolutely nothing about science at all. Like the science stuff in this episode is the most stupid shit imaginable, and makes no fucking sense even to someone who isn't educated in science (and even worse for people like me who are).

1) Why were the bacteria producing all this ethanol out of nowhere? Bacteria don't produce ethanol when there's plenty of oxygen, they only do it when deprived of it.

2) What kind of shit tier scientist handles food/drinks while wearing gloves, and worse yet takes off their hazmat suit right in the middle of a potentially dangerous environment? He would've immediately been fired, and rightfully so.

3) Why was the keypad some stupid shit right out of a video game, not a normal numerical keypad like any door in the real world would have? Oh, that's right, because if it did then the plot would've make sense because the doctor could've just felt it out.

4) What kind of shit tier lab, especially one of this sort of biological danger level, just vent shit into the atmosphere? It entirely defeats the purpose of having a lab be environmentally controlled. And even if I could believe this, why is it still going when a biologically contamination lockdown has been initiated?

5) What kind of enzymes just magically make bacteria into crazy flesh eating end of the world monsters? Most enzymes aren't even taken up by cells, and when they are they're immediately broken down.

6) What kind of air lock doors allow you to open both at the same time?
>>
>>83281180

I just want to know how it's possible for them to obtain all of this data.

I'd be less critical if they worked out it was a simulation in Extremis by missing memories or things not existing outside of a sphere but a perfect simulation, right down to Bull going out on a date with that person...

I accept a lot of people here are fine with this but I can't get invested in a story that introduces such a technology without even an attempt to explain how it works.
>>
File: 1494545082584.jpg (31KB, 418x594px) Image search: [Google]
1494545082584.jpg
31KB, 418x594px
>>83281263
>~Good tier~
>Extremis
>The Pyramid at the End of the World

no, what's wrong with you

The only good tier episode so far is Oxygen
>>
>>83281357
Oh right, I forgot

~Metaphor got confused due to lack of coherency in worldbuilding tier~
Oxygen
>>
>>83281337
tfw pyramid has even more factual inaccuracies than kill the moon
>>
>>83281282
Personally, I was never hugely into it. To begin with I mostly just watched because it was sort of surreal seeing Rove run a show again and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't terrible, but I probably would've forgotten about it a few episodes ago if I hadn't committed to uploading it for /who/.
>>
>>83280942
I want to see if you agree with me on this: the Daleks look goofy, you'd have to be kidding yourself to argue otherwise. However, their best stories are ones when they are treated completely seriously as a threat (barring occasional pisstakes from The Doctor, since he does that to all enemies). Their shit episodes are ones full of fourth wall nudges and jokes for the audience's sake about how silly these dustbin aliens are, because it kills the threat, and thus any investment a viewer might've had in the stakes of the episode.

I'm going on a bit of an autistic rant here, but it's something that happens in capeshit all the time these days; a character can't just put on some spandex and call themself Hero-Man without some character eye-rolling to the camera and snarking about how lame it is. It's like they can't expect people to unironically enjoy things that might look or sound lame despite having good narratives; that they need to be assured "don't worry, we realise it's lame too! we're not taking it seriously!" It's a modern trend that really pisses me off. Anyway rant over.
>>
>>83281355
>I just want to know how it's possible for them to obtain all of this data.
they're very good

>>83281380
I hope you stick it out until the rest of the series, it makes decent stream fodder
>>
>>83281253
anon whose dad watches Whovians here
they didn't really offer opinions. A lot of time was spent on the trailer for next week's.
the rest was lame predictable pleb humour
>somebody should give these monks some moisteriser, am i right? haha
>Fucking asinine speculation about the plot
>discussion about things that literally didn't occur in the episode
>repeat ad nauseum
>>
>>83281230
>A speck of psychic pollen from the candle meadows of Karass don Slava. Must have been hanging around for ages. Fell in the time rotor, heated up and induced a dream state for all of us.
Amy's Choice was basically 11 unintentionally hotboxing the tardis with some space pollen and making them all hallucinate a small English village
>>
>>83281337

lol it's just a story m80 no point nitpicking it doesn't even matter cos it's not real :D:D:D
>>
>>83281287
It would explain why he's so excitable all the time haha
>>
>>83281337
it's just a show, you should really just relax
>>
>>83281444
somebody should really contact the writers and tell them not to bother submitting scripts, because it's not actually real. it's pretty embarrassing that they don't seem to know, honestly
>>
>>83281444
Are you ok?
>>
Is Pearl a dyke in real life?
>>
>>83281337
>Bacteria don't produce ethanol when there's plenty of oxygen, they only do it when deprived of it.
There was an airlock, maybe oxygen was pumped out of that chamber for whatever reason?

idk why I'm defending this turd
>>
>>83281517
no
actors know how to act, you see
>>
>>83281508
Do you think Capaldi knows it's not real? Judging by the fact that he appears to be giving a performance, it would seem not. Sad!
>>
>>83281389
I don't know if goofy is the right word. They don't look inherently scary the way something like the xenomorph does, and if I saw one with 0 cultural knowledge of Doctor Who I'd probably be amused by the plunger. But my thinking of them is so tied up with what they are that I find it difficult to consider their visuals "goofy" although I get what you mean.

I'll stand by saying their voices are legit intimidating though. Very memeable, but not inherently a joke.

>However, their best stories are ones when they are treated completely seriously as a threat (barring occasional pisstakes from The Doctor, since he does that to all enemies). Their shit episodes are ones full of fourth wall nudges and jokes for the audience's sake about how silly these dustbin aliens are, because it kills the threat, and thus any investment a viewer might've had in the stakes of the episode.

Absolutely agreed.

>I'm going on a bit of an autistic rant here, but it's something that happens in capeshit all the time these days; a character can't just put on some spandex and call themself Hero-Man without some character eye-rolling to the camera and snarking about how lame it is. It's like they can't expect people to unironically enjoy things that might look or sound lame despite having good narratives; that they need to be assured "don't worry, we realise it's lame too! we're not taking it seriously!" It's a modern trend that really pisses me off. Anyway rant over.

You have no idea how much I agree with you. Earnestness > insincerity, every time. It's why I'll take a DC movie pretentiously trying to be 2deep4u with its superheroes over a Marvel one going ;) ;) ;) heh aren't superheroes silly, any day.

Obviously superheroes are silly. Nobody is smart for thinking that. Treating them seriously is weird and let's you do some interesting stories with them. Treating them like a joke lets you make precisely one type of story...a joke.
>>
>>83281517
No but she is black in real life
>>
>>83280759
>not finding an ugly woman attractive
>gay
>/pol/

That's some nice projection
>>
>>83281521
The male scientist guy was able to breathe fine in there without a helmet thing
But even with the helmet thing, those suits aren't airtight and don't use oxygen tanks
>>
>>83281355
With multipart stories, although this kind of stuff does bug me I try to reserve judgment until the final episode has aired. There's always the chance that stuff we learn later on makes earlier events make sense in retrospect

it rarely happens though
>>
>>83281538
wtf pearl's black?
>>
This general is kino when actual discussion is allowed to occur
>>
>>83281538
wow I'd never have known, given how flawlessly she manages to act mixed-race
>>
so I would fuck Pearl then
>>
>>83281564
Yeah there's a lot of folks here with interesting opinions and tb h most people here articulate themselves very well (certainly a lot better than me) when they're not just memeing around. The general can be a lovely mix of actual discussion with silliness, a lot like Doctor Who itself :)
>>
>>83281008
>physically weak doctor, like 1
>1, who effortlessly kicked the fuck out of a Roman centurion while laughing the while time
>>
>>83281560

That's fair.
>>
File: 1494061501050.png (749KB, 605x817px) Image search: [Google]
1494061501050.png
749KB, 605x817px
>>83281564
>>
>>83281639
Very good point, I more just meant how Ian would do a lot of the action-y stuff, but you're totally right that 1 was no pushover or anything
>>
File: 75.jpg (386KB, 1065x1490px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
386KB, 1065x1490px
>there are people here who genuinely find jenna coleman unattractive
>>
>>83281337
This much nitpiky and bitter autism is blinding me
>>
>>83281639
The Romans was based
>>
>>83281664
I don't think there are.
>>
>>83281664
I miss chubb Jenna, when she still had decent tits.
>>
please post Pearl Sexy pictures
>>
>>83281693
They do not exist
>>
>>83281564

No point criticising the stories though because they're not real, it's just a tv show, and because it's not real the writers don't have to make sense or explain anything.
>>
>>83281693
Literally don't exist
>>
>>83281657
1's strength was that everyone assumed he was a harmless old man. All the nu-who Doctors are all "I'm extremely dangerous look at how dark and edgy I can be" and I think it needs to stop
>>
>>83281664
Are you using "attractive" as a euphemism to mean "gives me an erection"
Because I can appreciate jenna's appearance from an aesthetic viewpoint but she doesn't get me hard
>>
>>83281709
I agree and think we might get a few Doctors lasting longer than 3 series if we stopped pushing them so hard physically.

I mean making them run and fight so much. Not literally...pushing them.
>>
>>83281337
>1) Why were the bacteria producing all this ethanol out of nowhere? Bacteria don't produce ethanol when there's plenty of oxygen, they only do it when deprived of it.
Statistically, almost no one would no this.

>What kind of enzymes just magically make bacteria into crazy flesh eating end of the world monsters?
It's called science fiction m8.
>>
>>83281664
>opinions vary between different people
SAY IT AIN'T SO
>>
https://twitter.com/pipmadeley/status/868831050277040128
>>
File: 5dthDMW.jpg (230KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
5dthDMW.jpg
230KB, 500x677px
>>83281721
What was he implying here?
>>
>>83280276
Don't post that ugly shit on my site ever again.
>>
>>83281709
Pertwee, Colin and McCoy were kind of like that in their own way as well.
>>
>>83281745
Watching Trial of a Time Lord with some /who/res would be a laugh, preferably drunk

Watching it with the pielord himself would be kino. Commentary irl.
>>
>>83281337
>Doctor Who
>scientifically accurate
>ever

I think you might want to find another show
>>
>>83281444
lol butthurt
>>
>>83281740
Judging by the fact you don't know the difference between no and know, you're not an expert opinion on this.

Excusing poor writing by just calling it science fiction is one of the lamest excuses ever.
>>
>>83281801
We watched ToaTL in whostream literally a few days ago
>>
>>83281740
HURRDURR ITS NOT REAL SO WHY CRITICIZE IT! SCIENCE FICTION MEANS YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!

I miss when science fiction was about possibilities but still within the realm of reason. Ever since these millennial fucks got involved sci-fi basically means "whatever we want it to mean" and there is even shit being nominated for sci-fi awards that basically has almost no sci-fi content at all. Sci-fi has basically become the equivalent of the 58 gender nonsense.
>>
guys, no matter our differences, i think we can all agree that doctor who is bad
>>
>>83281814
I don't know about you but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching it
>>
>>83281749
genuine question, does this picture give you an erection?
Because I'm starting to think I might be one of those asexuals. I didn't even realize "attractive" meant "gives you an erection" this whole time until earlier this week
>>
>>83281813
It just pisses me off, because it stinks of laziness. These are plot holes you could've cleared up with half a day of research. Hell, just hire a science advisor, I bet there are hundreds of researches who are massive fans of Doctor Who who'd do it for peanuts.
>>
>>83281830
My bad, how'd it go?
>>
>>83281835
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>83281835

You're forgetting it's Science FICTION so it doesn't have to make sense

That's what documentaries are for
>>
>>83281893
Planet was boring, Mindwarp was GOAT, Vervoids was so-so and Foe was GOAT.

Brian Blessed was the highlight, though.
>>
>>83281892
this. I think doctor who fans are sometimes too happy to settle for shit, when the alternative wouldn't be that difficult to achieve, and has been achieved in the past
>>
>>83281892

Yeh butt it's a fictional story so science doesn't have to work properly because it's not real
>>
>>83281903
Internal logic matters faggot.

>>83281901
I know exactly what i'm talking about. There are books being nominated for sci-fi awards that are literally in the fantasy genre because there is no respect for the genre anymore.
>>
>>83281821
>>83281835
I mean I hate to bring up the whole "it's about a time traveling box that's bigger on the inside" thing but you guys seem to literally be on the level of not understanding that a nonrealistic story isn't necessarily "bad writing" and that recognizing this doesn't mean exempting a story from valid criticism. I don't know what to say. Like are you new to the concept of fiction? This is shit you should have figured out by the time you're 10.
>>
>>83281857
Doctor Who is fine
You've just outgrown it
>>
>>83281981
>not knowing the 'affectionately acknowledging dr who as shit' meme
>>
>>83281536
>They don't look inherently scary the way something like the xenomorph does, and if I saw one with 0 cultural knowledge of Doctor Who I'd probably be amused by the plunger. But my thinking of them is so tied up with what they are that I find it difficult to consider their visuals "goofy" although I get what you mean.
Yeah that's probably a better way of expressing it. It's sort of why I can't understand people's raging hatred of the Paradigm Daleks; sure I can get not liking the brightness of the colours, but they are still recognisably the Daleks, with all that implies. (And I'm still salty the function of the Eternal Dalek was never, and will never be explored)
I think because of their memetic status in pop-culture, some writers are afraid of treating the Daleks too seriously, possibly thinking it's impossible for an audience to.

>Earnestness > insincerity, every time. It's why I'll take a DC movie pretentiously trying to be 2deep4u with its superheroes over a Marvel one going ;) ;) ;) heh aren't superheroes silly, any day.
Exactly. The most recent example I can think of is seeing the trailer for the Power Rangers movie. There's a line along the lines of "you will become... Power Rangers" and all the characters are like lol what a dumb name ;). And I'm thinking, who the fuck is that meant to appeal to, because if I was a fan of Power Rangers there's a chance I don't care how lame the name is supposed to sound, because I fucking like Power Rangers.

Kind of like if "Doctor Who lol more like Doctor Poo" was said in-show.
>>
Science fiction is meant to build on established world science, not blatantly ignore it
>>
>>83282035
ok genius
>>
>>83282035
>star wars
>star trek
>doctor who
>built on established world science
>>
>>83282035
bullshit. Who's hyped for anti-vaccination episode in Series 11? /s
>>
Who pissed in everyone's cheerios XD
>>
>>83281664
Pretty sure almost everyone agree she is gorgeous. Bu even this doesn't make Clara's character less obnoxious, and it says something.
>>
>>83282035
Dunno, soft SF is plenty successful. I don't mean stuff like Star Wars that literally isn't SF even though some people act like it is (it's fantasy in space, which is very fun, dunno why people act like IT HAS TO BE SF!), I just mean SF that's more interested in technology's affect on people rather than the tech itself.
>>
>>83281969
I don't necessarily care that everything be perfectly scientifically accurate. The enzyme stuff didn't really bother me. The stuff that bothers me is when characters don't act like real human beings for the purpose of dragging the plot forward. Can you honestly tell me you felt the scientist guy behaved like a normal human being when he just randomly took his hazmat suit off, or ran out the airlock without sealing it? Anyone would immediately look at that and think it's contrived for the sake of the plot.
>>
>>83281536
>Earnestness > insincerity, every time. It's why I'll take a DC movie pretentiously trying to be 2deep4u with its superheroes over a Marvel one going ;) ;) ;) heh aren't superheroes silly, any day.
But superheroes ARE silly, acknowledging that as part of the fun is a form of sincerity, while the pretension is insincere.
>>
File: 1494934030574.png (371KB, 424x476px) Image search: [Google]
1494934030574.png
371KB, 424x476px
>>83282098
>cheerios
>eating a cereal that isn't at least 50% marshmallow
>>
>>83281885
nah you just don't find that picture sexually attractive, is all.

jenna is pretty but she is not overtly sexy
>>
>>83282113
> The stuff that bothers me is when characters don't act like real human beings for the purpose of dragging the plot forward. Can you honestly tell me you felt the scientist guy behaved like a normal human being when he just randomly took his hazmat suit off, or ran out the airlock without sealing it? Anyone would immediately look at that and think it's contrived for the sake of the plot.
Alright, well I agree, I wasn't really responding to that part.
>>
>>83282116
I addressed that in my next sentence

>Obviously superheroes are silly. Nobody is smart for thinking that. Treating them seriously is weird and let's you do some interesting stories with them. Treating them like a joke lets you make precisely one type of story...a joke.

Yes the concept of a superhero is silly, and if you treat it as silly as it is, you get a silly story. That's great. But it's one type of story. I think it's fascinating to transpose something so clearly juvenile and silly to a serious context, it does the best stuff genre fiction can do, reflect back on why the concept is popular in the first place and use it as a mirror against the audience. Look at Batman in Batman v Superman. He's a murderer. Of course he's a murderer, it'd be impossible to be Batman and not be. But when he's actually pushed to that more grounded context, how do we take it? People didn't like it. That's interesting. That's an interesting story with people reacting interestingly to it. And I'd rather watch something like that than Marvel movie #3109412312321312313123132131231 with fun humour, sure, but nothing new.
>>
>>83282159
but that's the thing, anon
I can't think of a single picture or real life person that I've ever got an erection from the appearance of
>>
>>83282173
I'm just listing all the stuff because this is 4chan, everyone expects some autism. Plus the writer has a bad habit of shitty biology writing. Kill the Moon is a prime example.
>>
>>83282035
If you're autistic I guess.
>>
>>83282137
It baffles me to this day that americans think literal fucking gelatinous sugar is in any way something that should be eaten for breakfast
And commercials get away with it by saying "part of a balanced breakfast" and showing it alongside milk and an orange and toast or some shit, all of which would make a valid breakfast on its own without the bowl of sugar on top of it
>>
>>83282215
have you gotten erections from real life people though?

because some people just aren't attracted to 2D, they need something more, a sense of volume, a scent, etc
>>
>>83282245
American food is fucking weird, even their bread is noticeably sugary. I just have some fruit or vegemite on toast for breakfast. Thought of having something super sweet sounds gross.
>>
>>83282279
durr ignore that, misread your post >>83282215
>>
File: simmy.gif (766KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
simmy.gif
766KB, 480x270px
>>83282281
>>
>>83280656
Why is it so unbelievable?

We've been """simulating""" a Tardis since 1963

That's all they're doing
>>
>>83282279
never because of their appearance
the only thing I've consciously noticed has given me an erection before is talking about masturbation. exclusively that - not sex involving two people
>>
>>83282159
Booooooooo
>>
>>83282384
just imagine that sex is masturbation with a vagina/mouth/anus instead of a hand
>>
The entire concept of breakfast is a fucking meme, it's actually the least important meal of the day and most people can do just as well without it.
>>
>>83282425
prove me wrong. show me the sexiest pic you have of her
>>
>>83282430
Thing is I'm not against sex in the sense that the concept doesn't disgust me (with a girl or a guy for that matter), it just doesn't get me hard and I lack any motivation to seek it out
>>
>>83282450
But it's literally where you set your energy levels for the day
>>
I do not know why so many people on the internet to protect the writing of brutal last chapter.

Let me tell you about a set of analog no sense. First of all, why do the monks have to imitate disturbances? Is to prevent people from reading? If so, why analog book first. There is no point.

Secondly, the simulation itself does not make sense. The contest is possible from the beginning to mimic all that happens on earth? How can you get all this information?

You have to travel over time, so let's have Earth's technical occupation for counterattack? When people are more religious when it is easy to regard it as gods.

If they only do it now, how do I get? They have to copy something to each person. How does she know that Nardole is her? How can she know all the information about the doctor? They know how Bill dates another woman at the exact time?

That is not true.
>>
>>83282450
If I don't get up very early I don't get that hungry so I usually skip breakfast on weekends. Do you have a bigger lunch or dinner?

>>83282458
Have you had it before?
>>
File: chinballs.png (865KB, 866x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chinballs.png
865KB, 866x1080px
210 DAYS
>>
>>83282067
Star Wars is fantasy, not Science Fiction. It just happens to be in space.
Star Trek massively varies.
Doctor Who is literally shit.
>>
>>83280276
What would be your Veritas /who/?

A "shadow test" that would drive you to kill yourself?
>>
>>83282455
>People actually store sexy pictures of actresses on their computer

Just save some porn videos for Christ sake
>>
File: 1494276353620.png (130KB, 272x274px) Image search: [Google]
1494276353620.png
130KB, 272x274px
Can someone explain how this episode wrote of "kill the moon" from canon?
>>
>>83282522
>Have you had it before?
no, and I'm not personally ashamed about it but culture is so anal about virginity that it's never worth telling anyone
>>
>>83282508
I think perhaps you had trouble with the episode because you operate on a completely different level of language comprehension
>>
>>83282576
>anal about virginity
>>
>>83282574
The Doctor's line "as dead as the moon"
Implying that the moon isn't alive

However this doesn't contradict at all, the moon was just the eggshell, so it's "dead" either way
>>
>>83282623
kek did harness seriously forget his own fucking episode?
>>
So why didn't the midget just go back through the doors and open it for the Doctor?
Was the keypad only on one side?
>>
The huge problem for me in Moffat Who is that you can never know the rules of the story: what monsters can and cant do. Everyone happens to have death rays out of hands / matter manipulation etc etc whether its needed plotwise.
>>
>>83282576
Nothing to be ashamed of. Society is weird about it. I lost it comparatively early so it's never been something I've really worried about (although some people react weirdly when I say when I lost it if they ask but c'mon, they asked), but someone should just be secure in themselves about it.

Nothing wrong with asexuality if that's what you are but if you're somewhat open but not just not particularly energised it, that's no big deal either. No need to label it really.
>>
>>83282651
I wish I could forget it
>>
>>83282651
wish I could
>>
>>83282458
Kind of this. I'll still fap but getting another person to sleep with you just seems like such a hassle and not really worth it.
>>
File: 1490414898989.jpg (28KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1490414898989.jpg
28KB, 500x386px
>>83282623
thanks! :>
>>
>>83282675
>>83282679
KtM hatemind
>>
>>83282675
>>83282679
/who/mind
>>
>see this thread
>start watching the first episode
>seven minutes in and the only character other than the doctor with more than one line is a black dyke
Of course.
>>
>>83282691
I really would recommend trying it at least once, it really isn't similar to fapping at all and you might be quite surprised what it's like, but obviously it's your own sexual journey and own choice.

As for it being a hassle, getting a girlfriend (or boyfriend, same rules apply I imagine) can be, but it generally involves self-improvement which is good, and there's plenty of benefits other than just...sex. Companionship is great. Again, if it's not something you want then it's nbd, but these things are worth trying out at least once.
>>
>>83282661
YES. Put into words something I didn't really know how to express.

His episodes seem to operate on the assumption that the audience knows the same intangible set of "rules" as he does, which is why some big twists/shocking moments come off flat because we aren't sure what the rules were for them to have been defied
>>
>>83282722
>the only other character with more than one line is the companion
really makes you think
>>
>>83282705
>>83282721
mindmind
>>
>>83282747
And the companion is a black dyke. Of course.
>>
>>83281141
its a joke
>>
>>83282722
thanks for the feedback, boardie
>>
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-big-finish-sunday-digest
So the 8th Doctor Timr War set is now gonna be 4 box sets.
>>
>>83282878
*Time
>>
>>83282878
he cant keep getting away with this
>>
>>83282878
Yay. Another grimdark McGann set to complement the main series grimdark McGann set. Really great to see Briggs Finish utilise Paul McGann's impressive range so well.
>>
>>83282764
>first black companion in ten years, first dyke companion ever
>of course
really makes you think
>>
I miss 8 and Charley
>>
>>83282878
I just feel sorry for McGann looking at these.
>>
File: 1494609550848.jpg (87KB, 310x436px) Image search: [Google]
1494609550848.jpg
87KB, 310x436px
An Adventure in Space and Time was great. What other stories behind Doctor Who's production would make great movies?
>>
>>83282669
>No need to label it really
This is where I'm sitting with it at the moment, I'm hesitant to commit to the asexual label because it feels like then I'm meant to hold myself to that standard of not finding anything sexually attractive, which is silly and probably psychologically damaging. And I'm not 100% convinced it's recognized as a real thing by the people who are actual authorities on psych shit - and the encouraging of "no it's ok it's got a label nothing's wrong with you" feels like it could just be a placebo

But the realization that all this time when people say a person's attractive they mean "gives me an erection" rather than just "visually appealing to look at" was a real eye opener, combined with figuring out that so many men treat practically all of their interactions with women as if it's a puzzle to say the right words to end up fucking them. It's absurd to me how some people practically focus their whole lives around sex. Makes it hard to talk to people sometimes because I simply can't relate to the shit they talk about and ask ("which one would you fuck", "who are you into atm", that kind of shit).

doctor who
>>
>>83282984
A cringe-comedy about the 50th anniversary's production and how they hadn't even signed on any doctors to it for a while
>>
>>83282949
Yeah it's disappointing. It would've been nice to see some earlier more fun and adventurous 8 for a change.
>>83282965
Same desu
>>
>>83282995
>But the realization that all this time when people say a person's attractive they mean "gives me an erection" rather than just "visually appealing to look at"
To be fair it does mean that sometimes
>>
>>83281740
I think a lot of us are used to Scientific Inaccuracies in Doctor Who, but it works if the writers and actors can make it convincing enough for us to suspend disbelief.

This episodes doesn't do this AT ALL.
>>
Why the fuck did they even label the doors as air locks if they couldn't be fucked to make sure at least one door was shut at all times?
>>
>>83283016
Something akin to the five-ish Doctors.
With Moffat desperately ringing around and Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith all hanging out together, ignoring his calls
>>
>>83282995
>But the realization that all this time when people say a person's attractive they mean "gives me an erection" rather than just "visually appealing to look at" was a real eye opener

Maybe this is true for some hypersexual 4channers but it isn't true for the general population. Most men do not automatically burst out with a throbbing erection when they see a sexy woman. They might if they start fantasising over the picture, of if they're already turned on, or if they start masturbating to the picture, but men in general do not automatically get rock hard when they see a picture of Jenna Coleman. Some men, sure, but not most.

>combined with figuring out that so many men treat practically all of their interactions with women as if it's a puzzle to say the right words to end up fucking them.

Yeah a lot of blokes especially young ones do this. I'd hesitate to say most, but certainly a fair amount. It's vastly more fulfilling to generally treat women as exactly what they are (just fellow people, from who sex or a relationship can develop if you get on and find each other attractive) but a combination of a lot of factors (a lot of them cultural) lead to that sort of mindset. But women are just people, they're just as interesting and fun or dumb and annoying as men are, no more no less.

No idea if it matters to you, but I assure you there are women who feel precisely how you do and feel similarly alienated in conversations about sex and whatnot. Maybe you'd get on splendidly with one of them.
>>
Does anyone else ever find themselves coming up with really profound lines you can imagine coming out of Peter Capaldi's mouth?
>>
>>83282098
"Who" Indeed! Doctor Who's latest episode! :D
>>
>>83283222
Not really but I'd be keen to hear yours!
>>
>>83283222
no but I do it with Daleks
>>
>>83283247
Just vague, grandiose, Moffaty sort of sentiments
"You know what I hate about perfection? Perfection can never surprise you." See? I don't know what the context is or what it means, but it sure does sound good. I bet this is how Moffat feels when he writes dialogue.
>>
>>83282108
Her story arc was that of Icarus, flying too close to the Sun (Doctor) only to fall to his death from hubris. Instead she got everything she wanted, Immortality, her own TARDIS, and a Companion.
>>
>>83283308
That's hilarious anon, I love it. I'm going to try and do this irl to a mate that loves Capaldi Who in person when I see him Wednesday, I wonder how quickly he'll catch on.
>>
>>83283308
kek
>>
File: capal glasses.png (166KB, 404x455px) Image search: [Google]
capal glasses.png
166KB, 404x455px
Ah, [historical figure], what a wonderful fellow. He was in my [recreational activity group]. Hell of a [action related to that activity] on that one
>>
>>83283308
I bet Moffat just has a huge word document with a list of lines like this and picks five at random for each episode he writes
>>
>>83280470
>Bill on the other hand...

Would probably bum you
>>
>>83283384
how can she bum you without a bumming stick?
>>
>>83283403
how do you know she doesn't have one? we never got to se either of her dates with Penny reach their conclusion
>>
>>83283308
Fuck off Steven, you're not allowed to post here.
>>
In what way does a trap reveal someone's weakness?
>>
>>83283368
I'm laughing out loud over these, they're so spot-on.

I wish they'd do more figures that he's actually interacted with. "Ah, Marco Polo, what a wonderful fellow, He was in my caravan. Hell of a trek with that one."
>>
>>83282657
I think she said something about lockdown protocols. But if that's the case, using the combination shouldn't get him out either since it's on lockdown.
>>
>>83283425
women don't have bumming sticks
>>
I think I've just realised that Peter Capaldi is the voice of my pretentious internal monologue. At least it's not Matt Smith; that'd get old.
>>
>>83283463
>bill
>a woman
>>
File: image.png (52KB, 151x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 151x214px
>>83281263
>Good Tier
>Extremis
>>
File: Rows.png (3MB, 2668x818px) Image search: [Google]
Rows.png
3MB, 2668x818px
What happened?
>>
>>83282336
Don't do that, anon, you're going to make us overhyped.
>>
>>83283368
I love Moffat but my god did that get old quick. It happens every fucking time
>>
>>83283573
Four years?

I liked her Series 4 outfit desu
>>
>>83280828
Then how would they simulated that the doctor is blinded?
>>
>>83283573
Side Part > Middle Part

That, and she got some horrible dental work that gave her horse teeth.
>>
>>83283308
>>83283368
>>83283435

Do you think during script readings, occasionally a member of the production team will turn to Moffat after one of these lines and say "what exactly is that supposed to mean?" and everyone nervously looks away as a sort of tense silence falls across the room. next day, the script reading continues as normal, everyone ignoring the elephant in the room that is the empty chair where that production member used to sit
>>
>>83283660
Someone please come up with an appropriate faux-deep 12 thing to say relevant to this
>>
>>83283437
I love lines like that, especially because normies don't know which ones are just gags and which ones are referencing something that actually happened in the show.
>>
>>83283660
MESS WITH THE WRITER AND YOU GET THE ERASER.
>>
This simulation shit is so hard to get a grasp on. I'm glad that moffat's leaving.
>>
>>83283573
ROSE LOVED DRUGS
>>
File: 1443637382394.jpg (448KB, 899x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1443637382394.jpg
448KB, 899x1004px
>>83283308
>>83283368
>>
>>83281064
>involve cataloging and replicating absolutely everything that changes in real time?
They showed this in the last episode with those dangling strings
>>
>>83283638
only explanation is they are monitoring Earth 24/7 and inputting that data into their simulation, when the real Doctor comes back acting blind (and mentioning it out loud at least once) this data goes in their simulation
>>
REMINDER THAT THE THIRTEENTH DOCTOR Kris Marshall IS INTRODUCED NEXT WEEK
>>
>>83283743
MESS WITH MOFF, FUCK RIGHT OFF
>>
>>83283854
You know that it's a simulation, right? It's going to be a total fakeout.
>>
File: 1493677934482.png (111KB, 222x253px) Image search: [Google]
1493677934482.png
111KB, 222x253px
>>83283695
You know what everyone's afraid of? Being on their own.
Imagine that somebody was sitting at a script reading (it's a thing - google it). Everything was going normal, all the actors reading out their parts. But suddenly, one line stands out. "Hang on, this doesn't make sense", he thought. Nobody else seems to notice, but the man won't stay silent for this has now piqued his interest. "What exactly is that line supposed to mean?" he calls out.
A silence enveloped the room. The shock and horror had absorbed all of the sound. Nobody knew what he was talking about. Nobody even responded. It was at this moment that the man felt a shiver down his spine.
Because his worst fears had been realized. He was on his own, and everyone else knew it. An HB pencil in a case for 2Bs. And right away, he was erased for good.
>>
File: 1492463071468.jpg (12KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492463071468.jpg
12KB, 252x240px
>>83283954
>An HB pencil in a case for 2Bs
fuck
>>
>>83283954
>google it

lmao this is perfect

It's amazing how naturally this reads to Capaldi's diction. Splendid job anon.
>>
File: IMG_0532.png (190KB, 404x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.png
190KB, 404x455px
>>83283660
>>83283695
>I never go to readthroughs. The thing about a readthrough is, you can never be sure.... who's reading who.
>>
File: 1476074236391.gif (1MB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
1476074236391.gif
1MB, 500x263px
>>83284007
>>
File: bill.jpg (212KB, 750x757px) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
212KB, 750x757px
>>83280276
>is
>>
>>83283308
>"You know what I hate about perfection? Perfection can never surprise you."

>>83283954
(You) deserve this
>>
At what moment did you realise that Yana used to be a Time Lord?
>>
>>83284103
When they showed the pocketwatch
>>
>>83284103
When he said his name because I'm a fucking super genius
>>
'My name is Doctor Who' - the Master as a young boy on Gallifrey in Episode 11
>>
>>83284103
When the Doctor brought up the Time War.
>>
>>83284103
before Utopia because I saw the spoiler leaked online somewhere
>>
tfw /who/ writes Moffat better than Moffat writes Moffat
>>
>>83284103
When the Sun leaked it months before
>>
File: 24.jpg (1MB, 3414x5115px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
1MB, 3414x5115px
Funny thing about guns, they do more damage to the person who's firing it
>>
>>83284103
About halfway into series 4. I am not very bright
>>
File: 1481879452361.jpg (39KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1481879452361.jpg
39KB, 500x281px
>>83284203
>>
>>83284203
Funny thing about Capaldi is, he finds almost everything funny
>>
>>83284183
do you think we could write the best Moffat episode Moffat (n)ever wrote?
>>
>>83284203
nice reflection
>>
>>83284183
I'm surprised Moffat hasn't written Moffat into /who/ at this point
>>
>>83284203
is this going to be the sequel to vinceposting?
>>
File: 1494474606835.jpg (47KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
1494474606835.jpg
47KB, 300x294px
>new doctor in a month
can't believe it lads
>>
File: lips.png (114KB, 211x324px) Image search: [Google]
lips.png
114KB, 211x324px
>>83284203
>>
We'll see how Moffat handles a partial regeneration, RTD had that weird hand and I guess Moffat will use the "It didn't really happen cause its an alternate reality" thing again, place your bets.
>>
>>83284523
alternate reality/simulation is quite possible, being a three parter I could easily see the simulation in the first part being a setup for the punchline climax in the final part. It'd explain away the regeneration and why they were so keen on showing it (and its cause) in the trailers instead of keeping it a surprise
>>
Why do the next time trailers reveal so much?
The next time trailer for pyramid had audio of the doctor admitting to bill he was blind, which was the very last scene of the episode. Why the fuck are they getting so desparate to bait us with the most important parts of the episode rather than just setting up the plot and leaving something for a surprise?
>>
>>83284515
My mom walk into my room exactly when I opened this picture! Fuck you!
>>
>>83284604
Isn't it traditional nowadays to show some of the best moments of TV/film in the trailers? Everyone in Hollywood is doing it.
>>
>>83284203
Funny thing about sonic screwdrivers is that they give you hearing damage and arthritis.
>>
Pottery demands that the next thread be Capaldi's lips edition
>>
>>83284604
just don't watch them

they're placed after the credits, so you have time to switch off/change the channel
>>
>>83284523
>>83284566
Surely they wouldn't just use the same twist twice. R-right?
>>
>>83284203
Funny thing about war, you spend ages waiting for one to happen then two come along at once
>>
>>83284714
I wouldn't put it past Moff
>>
>>83284714
>>83284831
what if it's a double-bluff, we start the episode thinking it's another simluation when we find out that it and Extremis are real, and Pyramid was the simulation ep?
>>
File: IMG_0535.jpg (53KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0535.jpg
53KB, 513x513px
>Of course you never really do know anybody... until you know how they try to kill you.
Pretty sure this one's from the finale, when Nardole betrays The Doctor
>>
Love. Never there when you want it, but always there when you need it.
>>
File: tardisevil.jpg (59KB, 468x465px) Image search: [Google]
tardisevil.jpg
59KB, 468x465px
>>83280353
>>
File: 1489587816035.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1489587816035.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>alive isn't sad
>it's sad when it's over
>>
>>83285020
>>83285020

>>83285020

NEW THREAD
>>
>>83284651
PROMOTION
>>
>>83282984
A drama about the sixth Doctor would be easy to do, I suppose. Michael Grade fucking C. Baker's wife whilst trying to tear Doctor Who a new one too. Good stuff for a drama. We could then also see Colin start getting addicted to pies
>>
File: Dalek_Emperor.jpg (63KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Dalek_Emperor.jpg
63KB, 640x352px
>>83280942
>Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways

CENTURIES PASSED, AND WE QUIETLY INFILTRATED THE SYSTEMS OF EARTH
HARVESTING THE WASTE OF HUMANITY
THE PRISONERS
THE REFUGEES
THE DISPOSSESSED
THEY ALL CAME TO US
THE BODIES WERE FILLETED
PULPED
SIFTED
THE SEED OF THE HUMAN RACE
ONLY ONE CELL IN A BILLION WAS FIT TO BE NURTURED

The insane religious Daleks was an excellent new take on them, and I'm kind of glad that the concept hasn't been revisited and spoiled yet.
>>
>>83285734
GOAT scene
>>
>>83280798
>Clara being "fully converted" into a Dalek
Is this what happened or was it Dalek thought it was a human and had a backstory but was really just insane.
>>
>>83284103
WTF Yana is a timelord?
>>
>>83286570
wtf i hate yana now
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.