[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you have done it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 44

File: Samurai_Jack_season_5.png (151KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Jack_season_5.png
151KB, 280x280px
How would you have done it?
>>
>>82994103
The Devil always wins.

Jack ain't Jesus.
>>
>>82994103
I would have requested more episodes from CN.
>>
kms for being a retarded anime watching manchild
>>
we get to see jack's penis
>>
Given it 15 episodes
>>
>>82994180
No.

The previous thee episodes were boring tbqh pham.
>>
Jack dies
>>
>>82994103
Take out Ashi. Have good pacing.
>>
>>82994180
>>82994211
Only real answers.

All of the biggest problems with this season boils down to Genndy having to consense entire seasons' worth of character development, plot twists, and emotional connections between characters and audience, into the space of just a few minutes. "Okay here's Ashi she's a bad guy. Okay now Jack showed her some stuff so she's good now. Okay now they're in love. Okay now Ashi realizes she has Aku's powers so she casts Time Warp".

When the writers of NCIS wanted to write DiNozzo out of the show (jesus fuck I can't believe I'm referencing NCIS as a positive example) they built up his departure over an entire season of character development. A season that was 24 episodes long (compare to SJ5's 10 episodes) that were 45 minutes apiece (compare to SJ's 22 minutes). And that was just to write one single character out of the show, not just to wrap up every single thing that had happened in the entire series. And it worked. Audiences loved the NCIS Season 13 finale, even if they were sad to see a beloved character go.

I thought the first 3 episodes of this season were great because the pacing was perfect. The Scaramouche fight, establishing the Daughters of Aku, the frantic battle in the crypt, Jack recovering from his stab wound, everything was given plenty of time. After that though things started going downhill. I'm not sure who's to blame.
>>
>>82994103
I wouldn't have wasted my time bringing back a lame 20 year old show for children.
>>
File: 1493751608346.png (788KB, 1461x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1493751608346.png
788KB, 1461x1132px
Have the Aku blood connect to Aku directly so anytime it is hurt Aku is hurt.

Jack absorbs the goo and commits suicide killing Aku and freeing Ashi.

Ashi becomes Empress of the modern era.
>>
File: scotsmans.png (225KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
scotsmans.png
225KB, 720x540px
>theres 2 or more different timelines now because of time travel fuckery

>one of those timelines is Scotsman with his daughters and army of friends desperatley trying to fight back AKu with no Jack or Ashi
>>
I stopped around episode 6 because the quality was on a steady decline

let me guess, the first 3 episodes are the only good ones?
>>
>>82994103
fuck off to >>>/co/
>>
Jack defeats Aku in the future becomes king and marries Ashi.

With no way back he stays.

6 years later

Jack and Ashi sit under that same tree Aku left but now a forest surrounds it. They are dozing but jack opens his eyes and sees a lady bug fly past as the camera follows focus as it flies to a new sunrise.
>>
File: 1471888752440.png (307KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471888752440.png
307KB, 1280x640px
Long ago in a distant land, I, Colbert, the shapeshifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish President, wielding two ice cream scoops, stepped forth to oppose me...
>>
>>82994180
This. The second half is rushed because it had to be crammed into 5 episodes. It needed a complete deal, like 16 or so.
>>
>>82994103
>Alternate versions of aku's future visiting old jack' statue in the distant future
>so ashi with her 6 sisters and the scotsman, etc.
>old jack creeping in the background
>turns to the woods to face the guardian and either embrace him or draw his sword to return to the future
>enter paradox paradox
there. Didnt even have to change the pacing. Just a 5 minute segment after credits.
>>
Either keep the season dark and remove all the cheesy episodes(keeping the bummer ending), or keep the season how it was and remove the last 2 minutes.
The ending really felt like genndy last second decided "you know while this is nice, it's too happy, it needs a sad thing to happen".
There is no build up, no referencing the possibility of disappearance, no addressing all the other future people.
>>
>>82994103
The very last scene takes place entirely in Jack's mind.

Flip back to present, army is still fighting Aku. Ashi prepares to intervene, but Jack stops her at the last minute. Big fight across spacetime, Jack lands the final blow on Aku.

Hours later, the fighting subsides. Ashi's powers are gone and Jack's mortality restored. Jack is made king and marries Ashi, they settle down under the lone tree from E5 and the view pans out revealing Jack's village, restored and modernized
>>
>>82995578
>last scene is in Jack's mind

never write
>>
Wait..... How could jack get back if ashi never existed?
>>
>>82995928
that's why the ending is shit, if you're going to use the cliche fucking "power of love" trope and already have a shit ton of plotholes, then stick with the happy ending.
>>
Someone spoil me on the ending.
>>
>>82996036
literally a shot for shot remake of gurren laggans ending
>>
>>82994103
Extend the season by at least five episodes allowing for the daughters, ghost samurai, Aku priestess, and Jack's inner journey to fucking breath.
Don't turn Ashi into prissy good girl, have her brood like someone who lost her family and realized their entire life is a lie would.
Remove Ashi + Jack romance (at least until the end)
Make the final episode a lengthened special.
Have Aku confront Jack with the fact that destroying Aku in the past will erase all the good he has done and the innocent people who love him in the future, including Ashi. Giving him a hard choice to make (I don't care which one he chooses just fucking acknowledge the consequences of each choice for god's sake).

and get rid of Ashi's fucking monkey face

>>82994820
yes
>>
File: 020.jpg (119KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
119KB, 600x875px
>>82994103
>>
File: DTtbbr6.jpg (84KB, 525x295px) Image search: [Google]
DTtbbr6.jpg
84KB, 525x295px
>>82994103
>>
File: IMG_1245.jpg (106KB, 612x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1245.jpg
106KB, 612x472px
>Tfw you kill all the people you inspired and saved for the past 50+ years by going back in time and killing the cause of everything
>Even if going back caused a second timeline to appear, everyone in that universe is now dead without Jack and Ashi to kill future Aku
>Tfw you lose the girl who brought you out of total despair the moment you're about to marry her
>Tfw Jack has nothing, not even a happy ending for everything he did
>Tfw an "it was just a dream" ending would have been less of a slap in the face.

That was fucking awful. Way to rip off fucking Gurren Laggan too. What a fucking hack.
>>
File: 1439360887362.jpg (35KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
1439360887362.jpg
35KB, 453x453px
>only watch the first two episodes
>it was fantastic
>get sidelined and decide to wait to watch it all in one go when its finished
>apparently outside of the first couple episodes it sucked big time
What happened?
It seemed like the second coming of christ at first. Worth finishing now or not?
>>
>>82996553
How can they be dead if they never existed?
>>
>Dude it was all a moment in time lol like your whole adventure was like for nothing because its gone in an instant lol like everything and everyone you saved is like wiped away lol and oh yeah your girlfriend like lasts until the minute youre about to be married and dies lol well thanks for everything I guess Jack haha
>>
>>82994103
make ashi sacrifice herself by making a portal
more time with jack seeing his parents
>>
I don't know how I feel about it. I tried to force myself to feel emotions and almost succeeded.

I was so fucking excited at that final battle. It was all the nostalgia pandering I could have asked for. Jack and Ashi was great, I bought it. Everything was going so fucking well, all that was meant to finish fucking finished.

And then Ashi fucking died.

It's poignant, sure, and it tries as hard as it can to make that a devastating payoff. It just...doesn't hit me like I hoped. Final shot is great, I was so glad about the season overall, but now I'm a little depressed about it.

The ending, with him riding into the woods, that felt like it should have been a segue into the Black Rider at the beginning somehow.

>>82997246
This would have been good also.
>>
>>82996599
I'm in the same boat maybe people are mad over some shipping or something?
>>
I didn't have a problem with Ashi dying, but I hate how it was so sudden. When he kills Aku I thought she was gonna vanish right then and there, but she sticks around long enough for all of Jack's mentors to arrive in Japan with no warning signs and then "oh oops, I cant exist with you".

If there was some buildup to it, that wouldve been much better
>>
>>82997467
It ends with him coming home with Ashi. Returning, meeting the family, and it ends on Jack's face as Ashi walks down the altar, music crescendos, then cut to black. That would have been the most satisfying.
>>
>>82997467
This
>>
>mfw Jack was about to marry a girl named Foot when she vanished
>>
>muh deep cartoons
Fucking manchildren.
>>
>>82994103
Jack defeats Aku in the future and finds a way to get back, realizing that it would mean the end of Ashi and the entire world he has helped save he decides to stay and strive to building a better future. He visits his old village and makes peace with the ghosts of his parents and ancestors.

Jack and Ashi rebuild a small village open to all who want to learn the way of the warrior.
>>
>>82994103
No Ashi, bitch jammed the gears up. If she was really needed, then get more episodes
>>
>>82994785
>jack has to kill ashi, none of that "tru luv konkers all <3 <3 <3" yugioh-tier shit
>aku kills all of jack's fuckbuddies with just a giant bitchslap, I mean why did they cause him ANY trouble when he killed thousands of scotsmen in one second in that other episode. dumb.
>jack attacks aku but BEFORE THE FINAL BWO WAS STRUCK aku's like "if you kill me you cant go into the past fuckboi" and they set up a deal where Aku will go back to hell if Jack doesn't kill him, Jack's like "no more lies" and kills him anyway. Then later, he goes back to the graves of his parents where they scold him for his failure and he commits actual seppuku.
>>
>>82994652
>more episodes

Yeah no, 10 episodes is more than enough to tell this story
>>
how is there no torrent after two fucking hours
>>
>>82996553
>he has nothing

he has the thing he spent 50 years trying to get, for one. also, his entire family is alive again.
>>
>>82996807
You realize thats always what was gonna happen? BACK TO THE PAST SAMURAI JACK, right in the theme song
>>
>>82998210
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5n6cc0_ci_tv

Here u go cuckboi
>>
>>82997844
sounds like you want your cartoons to be dumb and have shitty storylines that you don't have to think about, its ok to be a manchild just admit it
>>
generic baddie of the week until he kills Aku at the end. The Ashi stuff could have been pushed down to a couple episodes
>>
File: doc.png (78KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
doc.png
78KB, 200x300px
what a shit way to fucking end this show

giving gendy only 10 eps to finish the show was a fucking mistake. FUCK
>>
>Jack doesnt go back in time because those monks were going to die, even though killing Aku would kill them anyway
>Does it anyway in the last episode

Should have ended there, what a colossal waste of time.
>>
Wanted a legitimate final battle Jack vs Aku. Mano y mano.
>>
>>82996553
If there were a second timeline existing parallel to that one, Ashi would not have vanished. They all vanished to nothingness just as Ashi had.
>>
>>82998346
nah it was our fault for thinking gendy could write a show for adults
>>
>>82998353
they dont fucking cease to exist for gods sake

they just never experience living under aku and have no memory of jack.

and ashi will never exist still because aku is her dad.
>>
>people are mad samurai jack stayed true to itself and didnt become some melodramatic anime
>>
>>82994103
Time only goes one way, no matter how much try. He should have never been able to go back.
>>
>>82998398
You do realize that any shift in time, even if it was just two parents banging a fraction of a second later an concieving, would result in a completely different outcome right? Aku not being around changes literally everything. Everyone of those characters likely wouldnt be born, since circumstances are 100% different. Jack paved the way for a totally different future by sacrificing the one tainted by Aku. Characters like the Scotsman wont exist at all in the Akuless future.
>>
>>82998480
are you really fucking getting this deep into it. please.
>>
File: IMG_1274.jpg (280KB, 1014x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1274.jpg
280KB, 1014x572px
>>82998430
>Jack stayed true to itself
>By ripping off literally the most melodramatic anime ending of all time and becoming incredibly melodramatic as a result

You're a moron
>>
Do Big O season 3 instead
Who am I kidding
>>
>>82998353
this
The ending should have had Jack realize that going back to the past would destroy everything he fought to protect in the future.
>>
>>82998532
Well he is right, he could end his journy in that episode.
>>
>>82998546
Thanks to fucking Genndy, i'm also spoiled Gurren Lagan's ending too.

Fuck Genndy, piece of shit hack.
>>
File: nif.png (414KB, 451x479px) Image search: [Google]
nif.png
414KB, 451x479px
>the portal was made by ashi and jack was sent back in the past by ashi
ashi really ruined the series
>>
File: 38e.png (659KB, 680x575px) Image search: [Google]
38e.png
659KB, 680x575px
>>82994103
Bravo Genndy
>>
>>82998546
literally every thread its BAWWW WE NEED 20 MORE EPISODES OF EXPLANATION IM NOT SATISFIED I CANT BELIEVE THIS
>>
>>82998546
>"Dude can I copy your homework?"
>"Yeah just change it up a little so it doesnt look obvious you copied"
>"Sure thing"
>>
>>82998430
why did they bring it to adult swim if it stayed a kids show? barring a few moments it wouldn't look weird at all there.
>>
>>82994103
>when the fanfiction comic has a better and more thoughtful ending than the canon cartoon.
He shouldn't have ever gone to the past because we can't go to the past either to fix our lives. It also destroys the impact of the whole series, in just one minute the series creator destroyed years of work, none of it matters because the canon ending is "nothing happened , the end".

Everyone goes Lucas tier one way or another, no way to help it.
>>
>>82998642
False. The outrage is directed at how fucking logically dumb the ending was. Jack going back is no better than "it was all a dream" and on top of it he copy and pasted TTGLs ending shamelessly. Jack was cucked out of a happy ending.
>>
>>82998630
this
What the fuck were they thinking? Weebs wouldn't have recognized a scene from the an iconic series made by an iconic studio?
>>
>>82998480
...and jack wouldn't have killed aku, meaning aku would still be alive and made all that happen. But that means jack WOULD kill aku, but that's impossible, because if he killed aku, aku wouldn't be alive to make jack's life crap. But that'd mean aku WOULD still be alive... etc...

would've made more sense to have the timeline be past > aku future > past > aku-less future. so that it did happen, but it wont happen again.
>>
>>82998693
say it with me now

BACK TO THE PAST

SAMURAI JACK
>>
File: 1415258726374.png (330KB, 450x582px) Image search: [Google]
1415258726374.png
330KB, 450x582px
>>82998593
It's been 11 years since it aired, your fault for keeping it on you backlog for too long
>>
>>82998630
What a fucking hack job. Holy shit.
>>
>broadcast jack's execution
>jacko's buds suddenly appear a minute later when aku's fortress is in the middle of nowhere and only the scotsman's managed to find it
>having to include them when all of them watching in horror as aku killing jack/cheering as jack beats aku would have been better
>power of love
>jack's parents very receptive that their son is marrying the spawn of aku

Jack should have killed aku in the future, Jack says his farewells to his friends and ashi and beat aku in the past. Keep the ending shot but with king jack looking over his kingdom
>>
File: 20c158c3680486868524a69c72d4eb18.png (439KB, 1234x688px) Image search: [Google]
20c158c3680486868524a69c72d4eb18.png
439KB, 1234x688px
Say what you want atleast ourboy is already in home
>>
Having him go back in time ruined it. He should have stayed in the future.
>>
>>82998789
this

this is another batman is in gotham situation

did they take a taxi to get there?
>>
File: JackTheWarrior-King2.jpg (112KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
JackTheWarrior-King2.jpg
112KB, 1189x890px
The real ending.
>>
>>82998840
Going back in time would have been fine if he did it after defeating Aku in the future first, then the past.
>>
Not rushed the ending

Also
>Jack gets back to his timeline but is still immortal. Waits centuries as a guardian of peace and hope
The Guardian is seen chilling at his time portal far into the future. King jack approaches
>"I've been waiting many years for this rematch"
>Guardian: rematch? I don't know you fool

>Time portal talks to Guardian and shows him the alternate timeline
>Guardian: I see...aight, lets do this
>Both draw swords and charge at each other
>WACHAAAAAA
>>
>>82994103
Jack would make it back to the past and undo the future that is Aku like he said he would do throughout the series.
>>
>>82994103
For starters I wouldn't have even had Ashi. Also, the first 3 episodes were great in my book.
>>
>>82998467
I think this is dumb considering the entire point of the series is that he wanted to go back. It should have gone that way but the fight was lame.
>>
>>82998740
Jack going back to the past is retarded for the fact that he was given the exact same circumstance with the monks, only to realize leaving them would kill them in some way. The future hes fighting to protect would be gone, more people would be hurt, however you want to think Jack was internalizing it, it was shown that he wouldn't sacrifice the future to save the past. Fast forward to now, Ashi gives him no fucking choice, and on top of it how the FUCK would she know where to go back to anyway? She was literally a dues ex machina with tits, and in 10 seconds managed to fly in the face of everything Jack stood for. Why would he continue to fight and protect his future friends if going back would erase them and everything he ever did? Why not jist hck Aku to pieces right there with Ashis help? It was so disappointing because the time portal shit was wholly unnecessary, him killing Aku right there would have had the same result and he'd have kept in tact what he was standing up for during that monk episode. It was shit through and through, and the Gurren Lagann ripoff was shit icing on a turd cake.
>>
Ashi was a mistake
>>
>>82998694
everybody is very aware how stupid and obnoxious weebs are

>gurren lagaan invented time travel
>>
>>82998840
He should have faced a moral dilemma of sparing and saving Ashi or killing Aku and Ashi by extension.
>>
File: Emoji dogs.png (280KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
Emoji dogs.png
280KB, 851x477px
>>82994103
Jack fucks mama dog and raises his wife's daughters and lives a humble life while pumping his simmering samurai jack juices into her vagina every other night
>>
>>82998971
*sparing Aku
>>
>>82998950
Gurren Lagann has nothing to do with time travel though. Like at all. Which makes Jack ripping it off even more retarded. Why wouldnt she vanish the instant Aku was killed? Because they wanted to emulate the TTGL ending for forces emotion off of retards like you
>>
>>82994103
>that TTGL ending
Fucking hell.
>>
>>82997754
>DON'T ST-
>>
>Jack and Aku get married
>cut to when they are older, sitting in the garden
>she is holding a baby
>baby turns to the camera
>GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS
>>
>>82998740
Nigger can't you imagine how self aware the series would be if it ended in the future? Imagine a cartoon that you have waited for so long to tell you that's it's okay to leave the past behind, that it's better to look forward than backwards. People are so fucking obsessed with the past nowadays, be it the manchildren being milked for their nostalgia or folks obsessed with shit that happened over 60 years ago and the values of old. Everyone wants to go back to the past but you can't and Jack should have told us that.

That's a real mature ending, no anime bullshit.
>>
>>82999113
I mean ashi. Fuck. I ruined my shitty joke. Fuck. I'm gonna jerk off and fall asleep
>>
>>82999027
>ttgl invented disappearing wifes you cant do this genndy!!

shut up already

ttgl script was scribbled on a napkin 3 days before it aired
>>
its about what i expected for an ending of a funny kids cartoon that had 4 seasons.
>>
that was fairly depressing. Now hes basically a crazy guy whos lived through over 50 years of time that never happened and the only girl he ever loved also never existed
>>
>>82999132
That's not even self-awareness, that's just basic narrative. You could even make a message about how Jack became an emperor and cleaned the world up, and made it a better place.
>>
>>82999180
That's exactly why it's bad and shouldn't be emulated.
>>
>>82999236
>Now hes basically a crazy guy whos lived through over 50 years of time that never happened and the only girl he ever loved also never existed
>implying the path of the hero is easy
imagine being this dense lel
>>
>>82994103
>Ashi realises she has time portal powers, starts to transports her and Jack back in Time
>Aku jumps at them and also gets sucked into time portal
>Go back in time to moment just after Aku sends Jack to future
>Past and Future Aku merge creating weird time paradox
>Start jumping back and forth between past and future while they battle it out
>Jack defeats mega Aku when they're in the future
>Jack and Ashi embrace
>Aku's final move before he dies sends Jack back to the past
>Jack is trapped in the past trying to get back to the future to be with his one true love.
>>
Jack is faced with a dilemma, the same one he had when the monks were about to die. Take the chance and go into the portal, or stay and help his friends fight for the future they share together. Jack realizes that although the past has many things he loves, the future has just as many, and to forsake them for another shot at nostalgic happiness would be selfish. It's ok to let go of the past. After killing Aku, the gods give him one wish, to remove Akus essence from Ashi. They get married, the Scotsman plays the pipes at the wedding and Jack is surrounded by all of his friends. He looks up and sees his mother and father smiling down. WACHA.
>>
>Aku kills Jack
>Ashi is like "Aku you are very immature"
>walks out of the school with her monkey friend
>>
Jack becomes a lumberjack
>>
having aku stream the original intro was fucking kino
>>
>>82999288
Yeah just ignore the fact that the fucking world is almost broken beyond reparation and everything is corrupted
>>
>>82999249
Also, Jacks mission was one of revenge. He was embittered, revenge driven, and bloodthirsty. I mean fuck, the vision of him as a scarred up warrior king was menacing as fuck. Him staying would have also been him giving up on revenge and making it about saving his new home.
>>
>>82994103
Jack kills Aku
Jack rides off into the sunset never to be seen again

Like he normally does
>>
>>82999423
Jack himself was almost broken and beyond repair. Him becoming the hero of the future amd fixing the world with the help of his friends mirrors his arch of fixing himself and letting go with Ashis help.
>>
File: mindcanon.png (40KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
mindcanon.png
40KB, 595x335px
it's like they squeezed 10 minutes of stuff in just 2. The final chunk of the ending was obscenely rushed.
>>
File: 4iC9gH0.jpg (25KB, 799x613px) Image search: [Google]
4iC9gH0.jpg
25KB, 799x613px
>>82994103
After the tree scene it should have faded to black.
20 years later title is shown
We get a short scene in which jack appears like pic related to finally rematch with the Guardian.
Jack says, "I gotta get back, back to..... her."

cue song. The end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7U4F86JMo
>>
File: shrug.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
434KB, 571x540px
>>82999374
>>
>>82999509
The guardian was fucking stupid

Yo ancient warrior based black guy who is thousands of years old but fights with guns
>>
>>82999509
That pic is wrong though. If Jack kills Aku, the future under akus rule is vaporized. Hed just be in the future of a totally Aku free world with no ashi
>>
>>82999566
>Yo ancient warrior based black guy who is thousands of years old but fights with guns

it's not like he didn't have time to learn how to use them. He's thousands of years old.

>>82999572
>Hed just be in the future of a totally Aku free world with no ashi
depends on how you reason timelines and shit
Jojo pt 6 had something similar, and after the big bad was defeated the "future" still had the same characters(appearance, personality), but they had different pasts and names.
>>
>>82994103
Not bring back some mediocre cartoon for nostalgia kiddies to cream themselves over
>>
>>82999623
Jojo ended up that way because Pucci actively made the new world with his Stand, remixing it himself. Jack killing Aku leaves the future up to its own variables, imagine everything being totally shaken up and having totally different results. Jack killing Aku means that people in the places tbey were under his rule would no longer be in those places. People wouldnt be born (Ashi), created, evolved, etc. the exact same way since Jack isnt actively effecting the second future with his own two hands. Its a cool little mind theory to think Jack can go back, but with Aku dead he changed the future totally.
>>
>>82999679
still, I think it would be a nice bittersweet ending to think Jack spends his final days looking for Ashi in the future, even though he know it's most likely impossible for her to exist.
>>
Did nobody like it? I mean, it wasnt that bad. Its better than not getting a season 5 at all
>>
>>82994103
Are we talking about the entire season or just the final? to not type so much I'll just do the final:
>everyone still gets fucked by aku's arrow shit
>ashi doesn't turn back but still stops fighting and just blank stares jack
>comes back just long enough to say "I'm sorry" before flinging him into the past
>maybe have jack tortured before then or just weak from the time travel so the aku fight isn't over in 3 fucking hits
>ends with jack losing all of those people in the future but finally getting what he originally wanted
>>
>>82994103
I would have at least had a WATCHA at the end
>>
I would have ended it right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwbqr2UjeSg
>>
>b-b-but now everyone doesnt exist

did you forget that everyone got wiped the fuck out in the final battle

also they WANTED jack to undo everything
>>
>>82999767
Remember when Jack learned to jump good but then never jumped good ever again?
>>
Do the king jack ending
>>
>>82999802
True. Everyone was dead. Still don't get why the gods didn't intervene and give Jack a reward for his heroism and basically being the savior of everything. Couldn't they have just removed the Aku in her and allowed Jack to live a happy life?
>>
>>82994103
So if it was THAT easy to finish aku and undo all of the evil he had ever done why does the guardian not just let him go back?
Also jesus watching jack slowmo kill an aku shaped jelly monster as the final blow was so shit
>>
File: 1367633353709.png (245KB, 576x416px) Image search: [Google]
1367633353709.png
245KB, 576x416px
>>82997370
>>82997370
Do you like bland, unlikable side characters taking up screen time?
Do you like a dull romance subplot interfering with more interesting things going on?
Do you like recognizable side characters getting shafted for unfunny cameos or getting killed after barley reappearing?
Do you like you like somewhat interesting set-ups that are resolved in dumb ways?
Do you like new episodes poorly ripping off the plots of older episodes?

If so, you'll like Season 5 of Samurai Jack.
>>
File: 1469694962028.jpg (55KB, 479x592px) Image search: [Google]
1469694962028.jpg
55KB, 479x592px
>"We wanted to tell a story that really hasn't been done on western animated television. That's why we chose Adult Swim." - Genndy Tartakovsky, 2016

>ends up writing a season just as childish and vacuous as an 80s cartoon
>>
File: b65.jpg (94KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
b65.jpg
94KB, 1189x890px
>none of the intro bullshit
>word has spread about jack being captured by aku
>aku is about to kill jack and all his friends rescue him
>jack rescues ashi
>they team up and fight aku together
>aku dies and taunts jack that he will never get back to the past
>jack doesn't care anymore
>he has all his friends and the women he loves around him
>we see a montage of jack starting a family with ashi
>because aku is dead jack is now ageing
>we see an older jack, he is now "king jack"
now there are two possible endings i see from here
>jack dies and ashi takes there daughter to the big statue of him and explains what he did and how great he was
or
>jack looks over his kingdom with his friends and family surrounding him
>hes happy
>he smiles as we fade to black
>>
>>83000256
Literally what was the point of the "you killed a human!" plotline when it was completely superfluous to the rest of the show?
>>
>>82999722
>it wasnt that bad. Its better than not getting a season 5 at all
Nah. Leaving it canceled would let the series have a better legacy.
>>
>>82998166
yugioh is unironically way better than this show
>>
>>83000295
Wrong. The previous final episode was the stupid peach baby one. Much worse
>>
>>83000283
My thoughts exactly.
>Jack is a warrior trying to save the world
>is surprised he had to kill someone
Also, it's not like the older episodes didn't have Jack feeling occasionally bad for killing humans, aliens, monsters, and robots as long as there was some conflict ion in the scenario. Why would going against random assassins that worship your mortal enemy be that big of a problem?
>>
>>83000416
>tfw a single episode from the older CN season was deeper from 10 episodes from the AS season

Why do so many cartoon creators go full retard when given the chance to be more "mature"?
>>
>>83000416
I could have sworn he killed people before
>>
>>83000505
The Lava Monster man and a few bounty hunters. But the creator said he forgot about those episodes when making the new season.
>>
>>82998546
>>82998630
>Actually the bad guy's daughter
>Saves the main character from depression
>Falls in love with main character but gets brainwashed
>Ceases from existing during marriage

Literally Nia
>>
File: Ashi_happy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi_happy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82994103
Honestly, it would be ballsier today to do a happy ending
>>
How I wish it ended, if I could could only change the last episode

>Ashi still has Aku's powers
>Aku still strong enough to keep Jack away from time portals
>fuck it gotta kill Aku
>Ashi cant kill Aku but can prevent Aku from escaping
>Jack cuts Aku down
>Ashi starts to die
>uses dying breath to make time portal for jack
>jack doesn't want to leave her
>Ashi calls him a FOOL
>they kiss
>Jack jumps into the portal
>queue up the same past Aku fight scene minus Ashi
>Jack walks back to his village
>sees his mother and father
>they embrace
>starts telling the tail of his 50+ year journey
>realizes he will never see his friends again
>end with the same butterfly cherry blossom tree scene
>>
>>82998858
WHERE WAS THIS, FUCKING THANKS ASHI
>>
File: Joker_(BTAS)_03.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Joker_(BTAS)_03.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>83000481
>Why do so many cartoon creators go full retard when given the chance to be more "mature"?
As Debbie Allen said, "Out of limitations comes creativity." This works for every show or movie, cartoon or not. Like, if every one is getting shot, then the tension isn't really there. But if people rarely get shot, then you can take the story more seriously. Animated shows with kids in mind tend to be better because the creators have to be reserved when it comes to vulgarity, violence, and drama. That way, when those things actually get pushed to the limit, it actually means something and let's the tension escalate appropriately.
>>
>>83000728
Genndy forgot about it
>>
>>83000773
He just didn't rewatch his own show to see how to conclude it
>>
So is this it? Last season?
>>
>>82998858
this season was just a dream while jack was in the future. Only explanation. This is the real ending
>>
>>83000770
pretty good point. Sort of like how hack comedians who just swear all the time to cover up for lack of talent (bob saget). I really liked the first 3 or 4 episodes of this season though
>>
File: Sweden.jpg (84KB, 1138x602px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden.jpg
84KB, 1138x602px
>Ashi found her Aku power a few days before getting transformed by Aku. She command hacks Scaramouch and Demongo by accident while fighting them before being taken away but does not notice.

>Jack gets captured by Aku and his sword taken away.

>Blah le bli blo blap blap blalelele. Jacks sword rushes back to him. Gracing a surprised Aku.

>Explosion

>Instead of shitty fodder Demongo summons Jacks mightiest enemies but now fighting for him. All fighting the mini aku soldiers.

>Jack and Scamarouches stone golem vs Aku.

Scaramouche throws a pink vibra blade at transformed Ashi. 'this one works a bit different, babe.

>Dark matter explodes and lets go of Ashi.

Scotsman arrives. Gets angry and tries to outvolume Scaramouche

Everyone closes eyes in discomfort and holds ears

Aku yells 'Will you just stop with the terrible music'

Scotman and Scaramouche become seemingly angry and attack Aku.

King Jack and Ashi master of darkness rule over the distant future forever and recreate society.
No more time travell bullshit

>Last clip to Scaramouche in an office chair labeled major.

But Scaramouche we need to build the bridge now?

>Screw it babe the dance party is tonight.

Happy jack and Ashi married and partying.

The penishead approaches Scaramouche. Oh eh hi babe I didn't even see you here. (Scara leaves through backexit)

Thats all folks.
>>
Have Jack and Ashi defeat Aku, Have them become rulers of the universe and it ends like this >>82998858 with old Ashi by his side
>>
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 49e17566910.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
49e17566910.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>82994103
It was rushed as fuck, but the final scene (after the credits) should've been King Jack finding the Guardian, drawing their swords before it ends on a WACHA
>>
>>82994211
>>
>>82994652
Genndy originally envisioned the ending as a movie. Can you imagine him doing the ending in 90 min? 220 was more than enough.

The older seasons had more episodes but they didn't tell a long continuous story. 10 was perfect, having fewer meant they could give each episode a strong individual theme instead of trying to just spread plot across it all.
>>
>>82998353
Maybe, but that portal was full of Aku's goo. I think he would had just died if he jumps in that.
>>
Why didnt aku just tear open another time portal and fling them into the future where his evil was still law?
>>
>>83001880
This
>>
>>82999132
But Jack's past is the future.
All those friends he met who died fighting for him. Ashi. Now they're the past that Jack has to let go of.

Wanting him to stay in the future (the familiar comfort zone) with his waifu is pandering to the manchildren ((you))
>>
>>82999249
>basic
and this shit ain't basic. It's just too deep for you.
>>
>>82998858
THIS. WTF HAPPENED TO THIS. I THOUGHT IT WAS CONFIRMED THAT WE WOULD GET THIS AT A POINT??
>>
>>82999288
Lol did you not see the rain of black spikes that tore almost all of Jack's friends to pieces? There was nothing left in the future for Jack, he had to go back
>>
>>82994103
>Aku straight up slaughters everyone in the resistance
>Ashi kills jack, and overcome by internal grief, breaks from Aku's control
>Grabs the sword, big fight scene
>Discovers she can Aku, casts time warp
>Appears before the Jack is sent to the future, prevents it
>Big dumb Aku fight part 2
>Aku is slain, but his "corruption" or whatever doesn't die
>Last remnants of Aku remain in Ashi
>Past Jack has to kill her
>Emotional struggle over killing a random stranger you just saved your ass
>>
>>82995123

This is what /tv/ is for.
>>
>>82994103
I wouldn't have.

No ending would be as good as people imagined it would be.

No story has an ending.
>>
>>82998390
He did so fucking well for three episodes then he realized his pacing was too slow for the beats he wanted to include.
>>
>>82999552
>old shrivelly uncircumcised dick
>ED
Yeah no
>>
>>82994103
It's over already? good fucking god what was the point of that?

Did jack go back to the past or did he really stay with the bitch in the future?
>>
>>82999924
>expecting heroes to get prizes
Sorry this is a big boy narrative
>>
>>82996085
That's not true because TTGL didn't delete the future and right majority of what happened during the show
>>
>>83002683
He went back to the past, killed Aku, then the TTGL ending happened but with the implication that Ashi was reincarnated as a ladybug.
>>
>>82999170
It made me laugh, anon
>>
File: Scara-Mask.jpg (89KB, 540x692px) Image search: [Google]
Scara-Mask.jpg
89KB, 540x692px
>>82994103
A little more death and mayhem. A much more severe final battle with Aku, but then again, I don't think anyone here could fill 10 episodes with wacky gonzo concepts like Scaramouche and those Dover Boy Tigers.
>>
>>83002717
gurren lagann what? god do i even want to know?

it was settled by a big autism fight? really?
>>
>>83002779
Jack and Ashi get married, but Ashi disappears during the ceremony because she shouldn't exist in this timeline.
And yes, it was settled by a huge gang of nostalgiabait.

We'll always have 5-1 to 5-3, anon.
>>
>>83002854
>4 to 10 was a fever dream
>wakes in the cave, having been dragged back by Wolf
>>
>>82999170
No, it was better the first way
>>
>>83002854
I didn't even care for those episodes.
>>
>>83003003
Then why watch this season at all desu.
>>
>Last line of the show is "I can't exist without Aku"
So no season 6? ;_;
>>
>>82999280
Fuck that could have actually been pretty good
>>
So is Jack still a virgin
>>
Have Aku win
>>
Why was this allowed
>>
>>83003102
Until his parents marry him off to keep the succession going.
>>
>>83003187
How are his parents even alive? I thought Aku killed them before he went to fight him
>>
>>83003145
Get on it, drawfaggots
>>
>>82995123
xex
>>
so..
what happens to the jack aku send to the future?
>>
>>82994103
I would have just animated the comic. Even with that stupid "open ending" bullshit it was still a more satisfying conclusion.
>old king Jack gathers an army of friends and allies he has encountered in his travels, leading them in one last final assault against Aku's fortress of darkness
>if he dies, he dies on his terms, knowing that he inflicted as much damage as possible in both the physical sense and in the sense of inspiring the people of the land to oppose Aku
>if he wins, he chooses not to go back in time because he has accepted that his family and kingdom's time has passed, and will instead help rebuild the shattered world, perhaps establishing a new kingdom and becoming a benevolent ruler of the leaderless people
>>
Have Jack stay in the future and have a wedding with Ashi were characters you have an emotional connection to would show up
>>
>>82994103
I would have cut Ashi altogether because her existence, while I didn't hate the character, was just a constant sap on time and she ended up doing things that Jack should have done himself. There was no reason for her to exist especially considering that fucking ending.
>>
>>82998166
He felt like twisting the knife in Jack, I would assume. Make him watch how he toys with all the lives the man ever saved before snuffing them out like insects.
>>
>>82998366
literally what would stop aku from flying away like he always does?
>>
>>83000000
>>82999999
>>
>>82994103
The ending was perfect, the entire season and everything just ended perfectly. To truly understand what happened you need some understanding of the occult symbology littered throughout the show.

The very battle between Aku and the Titans (Egyptian, Norse, Hindu Gods) was a portrayal of the battle between the demiurge usurper of God's throne and the unknown True God.

I can give an explanation if enough people want one, but it will take a while, and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to explain some of the things properly.
>>
>3 gods give your father a magic sword made out of part of his soul to kill an ancient evil they are too lazy to kill themselves
>they dont congratulate/reward you for finally doing what your father failed to do
>>
>>82994820
If you want to know how it ends:

Jack goes back to the past with Ashi but then Ashi stops existing because time travel fuckery.

The future never happened. Also Aku gets killed in an undeserving way.
>>
>>83004541
some fucking plot device. the gods come down to prevent aku from escaping while jack fights. They won't interfere past that. Or scotsman's MUH CELTIC MAGIC somehow prevents aku's escape, any number of random shit that could have come up to prevent it.
>>
File: 1488836056472.jpg (78KB, 388x445px) Image search: [Google]
1488836056472.jpg
78KB, 388x445px
>>82994103
>keep the first half
>Ashi discovers she has Aku's power
>use it to beat the shit out of him with the help of Jack's friends
>Aku decides to open a time portal to get out
>Ashi's powers hold the portal so Jack can keep it
>All his friends tells him they are thanksfull and sad but he needs to fight Aku back in his time (as The future is now Akuless)
>Jack enters the Time portal with Ashi
>they go back to Jack's initial fight
>Future Aku and Past Aku fuse and become a more powerful Aku
>Jack and Ashi fight Aku (not killing him in less than a fucking minute)
>Ashi uses her power to fuse with Aku and Aku starts getting weaker because of Ashi's kindness and moral bullshit
>Jack kills Aku
>Aku starts fading away screeching, and so Ashi
>She tells him heartbreaking stuffs before her and her father finally disapear
>Jack helps his people to rebuild and stuffs, his parents ask him about his journey
>Ending is the same, Jack watching the trees
>>
>Jack can only go back in time when he's a king like the Gate Keeper said
>None of that happens
>Show goes from mature to shitty in a few episodes
I legit thought that the first episodes were amazing and it devolved into a hot mess which fucking hurt
>>
>thought the ending was a little flaccid
>come here
>realize it could've been much worse
wew thanks lads
>>
>Shogun of Sorrow is immortal if dying to Jackos Dad-o
>Dies when Jacko-o kills him

Uhh /co/ngoloids?
>>
File: 157.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
Travelling back in time should be impossible
Power of love is a retarded plot tool
Aku was too good of a character to die
The theme shoukdve stayed desperation entirely after e3 instead of switching between hopeful and hopeless
>>
Was Aku's future really that bad?
>>
>>82994103
It desperately needed a montage of a better future, Jack spent 70 years doing nothing but helping these people.
>>
>>83006701
No
Aku did basically nothing in it
>>
>>82994103
Epilogue episode:

>Jack builds a life for himself in the present, has wife and kids
>He outlives them all and starts to feel out of place as an immortal
>One night has a vision from the three gods that granted him his sword
>"It's not over Jack"
>Jack goes to the Gaurdian's portal
>The Gaurdian explains time travel is forbidden because it creates multiple timelines
>Jack defeats the Gaurdian and returns to the future
>Jack defeats Aku and saves his friends
>Ashi still gone, Jack mourns
>Jack marries one of the Scotsmans daughters, starts aging again and dies
>Last shot is the Jack statue with an Ashi statue beside it

Well that's just what I came up with in five minutes, I guess I didn't have 2 years to think it over. Its not the way I would have taken the show starting from the end of s4 but they already wasted to much time on the "wiped" characters to not give closure on them
>>
>>83006986
Meant 12 years xd
>>
>>83001880

>still rooting for guardian prophecy word-for-word

grow up anon
>>
>>82994103

A movie. Give Aku a decent fucking send off, LINGER on things. Nothing is allowed to breathe or have any impact in the finale because it keeps introducing something new before we have time to invest. Something as climactic as Jack FINALLY returning to the past is instantly pushed aside as he kills Aku, who dies with barely a word and then we speedrush off to the cliche TTGL epilogue. And it's all done in the most basic, styleless fashion, the antithesis of what SamJack was about.
>>
>>83000263
I don't understand how Genndy how fucked it up this bad. I know the show is about getting back to the past, but he should've realized what the better ending was. Jack staying in the future and helping to rebuild with Ashi shows Jacks character better than him selfishly causing all his friends to never have existed when his family is in heaven
>>
>>83007046
Sorry for still respecting the art of storytelling and not thinking its ok to just toss plot points.
>>
>>82998858
>Jack gets a fucking beard
>oh shit it's happening
>magically disappears when he gets a new sword
>suddenly Ashishit explodes

Genndy is a fucker
>>
>>82994103
a)Jack dieing
b) Jack bargganing with Aku's spirit that he will let him live if he bring back Ashi
c) Let Jack have his damn happy ending
>>
>>82994103
Jack should've killed Aku in the future and stayed in the future to rebuild the world with his friends until the Guardian showed up with another portal when Jack was an old king who lived a good life.

[spoiler[WATCHA
>>
>>83000604

Worse.

>Love interest is created by the big bad
>She returns to her evil nature, wearing a skintight suit of their evil aesthetic
>Brought to her senses by power of love
>Helps hero defeat her 'father', knowing full well she relies on their existence to exist
>Disappears during a wedding

The only difference is in TTGL both Simon and Nia knew she was going to vanish and they held the wedding while she held on just long enough to make it happen. Samurai Jack just has Ashi up and vanish for no reason at that particular moment for cheap and easy muh feels ;---;
>>
>keep the first half right until the fight begins
>Ashi uses her powers to attack Aku
>Aku opens a timeportal and jumps into it to escape to the past
>as Jack is about to go in he says farewell to his friends
>they are all sad
>cut to the fight scene but without Ashi
>Jack beats the shit out of him
>cut back to the future
>everyone is just waiting, not knowing what to do
>suddenly people start to disappear as Jack defeated Aku
>As the Scotsman is about to disappear he lets out a "thank you my friend" before he is gone
>WATCHA
>>
I don't see how everyone thinks the future disappears because Jack went back. Ashi disappeared because she was made by Aku in the future, therefore there's no way she was ever created. There's no reason everyone else from the future won't eventually be created, just in a world without Aku.
>>
>>83007144
>Jack starts with a few weapons, armour and a bike
>It gets destroyed little by little
>A bit of his beard also gets torn off
>Thought that the whole point is him battling until the "new Jack" is shed and he'll replace it with the "old Jack"
>Instead it's just : Make tea -> Get sword -> Get magic haircut and a robe
>>
I have never been so much disappointed by a serie. They beat my expectations with that ending.
No wonder why they only showed the first 3 episode in their season trailer.
>>
>>83007143

dude lets not kid ourselves it was an episode like any other with some form of alternate ending to the show if it never ended properly.
>>
either cut out ashi or more episodes
finale should have been like three episodes

>>82994819
the scotsman, his daughters, and everyone jack ever met now do not exist
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-21+at+02.35.04).jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-21+at+02.35.04).jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>82994103
that ending was way too telegraphed

I'm actually kind of annoyed that Genndy ended it like this, sure we got to see all the different races of Akus world being reverted back to humans for Jacks wedding, but the end for Ashi has been done so many times before and it just leaves jack as the Emperor of Japan and also the unifier of the entire globe, with no issues to face him ever

Maybe when he killed Aku, Aku's tower could implode, creating infinite Aku's and infinite Aku universes, but having Jack and Ahsi feel good about it, because they know what would happen if they killed Aku in the past (Ashi not existing) and they just travel off into the multiverse with the Scotsman and the armies of his world behind them, leaving it open ended if someone wants to revitalise it with an approach like the first 4 season, with just random acts in random places with the recurring characters of Jack, Ashi, "Aku" and some of his allies
>>
>>82994819
>>83007819
All the people at the ending (the wedding) are the people that Jack met

You can see the spear chuckers, the archers, the Spartans, the Scotsman (actually represented as vikings)
They all exist, but not as the twisted beings Aku turned them into, just as racial stereotypes instead
>>
>>83007673
Then it shouldn't have been made canon in the second last episode
>>
>>82998593
Well, if you still havent watched TTGL, youre not gonna like the mid season twist
>>
>>83000604
>>83007182
But Lordgenome isnt a bad guy
He just keeps humanitys levels in line cause he knows what would happen if they go above the population limiter
>>
>>83008379
t. Havent seen the first episode
>>
>>83008602
?
>>
>>83008622
>>83008622
Those are all the people who trained Jack. You see them in the first episode training montage.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>83008709
Are you fucking retarded or can you really not see that those people are ALL the same character archetypes that jack saved in the future?

>gingers
>Spartans
>spearchuckers
>Bowmen

Theyre the basic archetypes of the people that came to Jacks aide in this final fight against Aku
This world is the same as the future, it's just that all of the denizens have been turned into creatures in Akus image
>>
>>83008798
>implying these aren't creatures of Aku
>>
>>83008798
No anon, youre the retarded one here
>>
I would've just stayed in the future and creampie Ashi daily as my cum slave
>>
>>83006986
Horrid.
>>
When jack had Aku in his sword, he sheathes him. I'm assuming magic sword(100% Aku crit) would have magic sheath. Then jack and ashi contain aku forever while marrying and exploring world. Cut to final scene, showing the sheathed sword start to move. Ending song. Then go on for a season 6
>>
>>83009420
To add my s6, would be ashi's mom character discovering the sheathed sword
>>
File: RCO017.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO017.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Just read the comic if you hated the cartoons ending so much you faggots.
>>
>>82999280
>Jack is trapped in the past trying to get back to the future to be with his one true love.
GOTTA GET BACK
BACK TO THE FUTURE
SAMURAI JACK
(JACK JACK JACK)
>>
>>82999113
You forgot
>FOOLISH SAMURAI
>>
>>83008798
No they're all characters that were established beforehand and trained Jack
The Africans had two whole episodes (I think) dedicated to them where Jack saves their lives
>>
>>83007119
What do you mean "him selfishly causing all his friends to never have existed". It's not like they'll suffer at all, they just stop existing and get replaced by a ton of people who will have led more peaceful lives
By destroying Aku in the past he undoes centuries of suffering and it's objectively better for the world
>>
I would double wield the katanas
>>
>>82994103
permanently killing Aku screwed up the ending for me, I've always considered him some kind of representation of evil in the universe, the opposite to the three gods.
I meean, go ahea dand kill Aku, but at least let the black mass drift away back to outer space with some excuse about how evil is in the heart of everyone or how good can't exist without it.
I mean, they've made Jack do what Jesus couldn't.
>>
File: tfw cucked by Aku again.png (25KB, 804x926px) Image search: [Google]
tfw cucked by Aku again.png
25KB, 804x926px
>>82999113
>>
>>82998166
Aku was fucking around at first.

We saw what happened when he got serious everyone bar the Scottsman became useless.
>>
>>83010340
Jacks family was long dead and peacefully in heaven. Genndy should've ended it with Jack learning how to let go of the Past and fight to protect his friends in the future. Genndy didn't even end the episode with the "back to the past" song, so it would've been perfect for Jack staying in the future and pumping Ashi full of samurai nut, but nope, we just get a rip of TTGL
>>
>>83010500
also what about all the bad guys who were influenced or served Aku? We're expected to believe all of these people became good because Aku died so they will never be evil?
Since the black mass spawned from nothing, what is stopping evil people from making cults and wishing it back into existence?
If Aku doesn't represent the concept of primordial evil, what is the purpose of the black mass? Why not simply write him as just a demon?
>>
>>83010895
Aku's character had limitless potential
What would happen if you gathered all the evil in all existence and gave it self awareness?
Since you cant't get rid of evil, the least you could do is take away what makes it unstoppable. Then just leave it up to humanity's faith and the three gods to keep eternally pushing back against the black mass' growth.
Now the gods are useless, Jack has been renderd more powerful than them and there is no dark in the world anymore.
no fairy tale gets that stupid. while Disney pricesses get to marry and live "happily ever after", Jack has made the entire world an utopia of good and peace forever
>>
>>82995123
kino
>>
File: smaurai jack the guardian fate.png (248KB, 644x398px) Image search: [Google]
smaurai jack the guardian fate.png
248KB, 644x398px
>>83002575
>>
I'm not sure if I'm sad because the ending wasn't very good or if the ending was sad. Maybe both.
>>
How long is it going to take for me to get over then ending? Its been like 6 hours but it still feels like im been stabbed in the gut with a hot knife. No closure really for anything past nor future, does the future even Happen now? Ashi's character was for nothing. She didn't deserve that ending.
>>
Make Jack a Muslim and rename him Ahmed. Aku is now literally the pope's final form, instead of a samurai sword its the holy scimitar forged by Allah (Because ZEUS is a POSER) and its all a test by Allah for Jack/Ahmed. Ashi becomes 8 years younger to reflect the righteous way of marriage and Jack/Ahmed blows himself up after her death in order to kill the infidels that were at the wedding and join Ashi as well as a quadrillion other young virgins in heaven.
>>
im crying
>>
>>82994103
Jack stays in future and lives a good laifu with his waifu.
>>
I really wanted jack and Ashi to stay in the future and rule the land. Cause that leaves the future open to the idea of a few samurai princes running around with 1/4 Aku blood that they never learned how to deal with.
>>
/tv/ - All Endings Suck Faggots
>>
File: ZLS3BV.gif (1MB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
ZLS3BV.gif
1MB, 400x218px
>>83007212
The most fitting one I've read so far, the characters giving their all to save jack amounts to nothing when he time travels without acknowledging them at all apart from when they first arrive with a smile.
>>
>>83007212
>Aku opens a timeportal and jumps into it to escape to the past

what?
>>
>everything plays out like it did until Jack breaks free
>Ashi stops Jack from getting his sword, as Jack resists her attacks he screams at her to wake up
>cut to a scene where Ashi is being swallowed by the dark goo, as she struggles she remembers the spiritual journey Jack did.
>She closes her eyes and begins to meditate. She faces her inner demon who is twisted like Jack's was
>the demon taunts her, bringing up how Jack killed her sisters and how she had one purpose that she could still fulfil
>Ashi points to all the people gathering to fight for Jack, justifying her choices
>demon vanishes, Ashi gains control
>Jack gets his sword, Ashi opens a portal to the past for Jack
>Jack looks towards all those fighting for him. He remarks how he isnt entirely sure if this time will revert back or not when he kills Aku. He refuses the portal and chooses to stay and fight
>Jack fights Aku. Aku continously attempts to flee, but every time he does one of Jack's companions stop him. Finally Jack defeats him.
>With Aku defeated in this time, Ashi reopens the portal so Jack can save the past, assured that even if the future doesn't change, at least Aku is gone in this time.
>Jack hesitates, stating that Ashi might not exist anymore if he defeats Aku in the past
>Ashi smiles, opens a portal and thrusts Jack into it before he can do anything
>Jack is sad, but defeats Aku in his time
>Cut to a narration of Jack who is telling the story of his adventure
>While he tells the story, be brings up all the people he met. As he does this we see how each of them turn out in the new future
>He then remarks on the one hero who made a great sacrifice. As he does this it shows Ashi disappearing
>As Jack concludes the story, we see it was an elderly Jack telling the story to a group of children
>He tells the story in front of a statue, and as the kids leave to go play he stands up to look at it. It's a statue of Ashi.
>>
Jack knew the decision to go back would lead to this, he knew he'd lose everyone he fought for

It was not the right decision for jack it was the right decision for the earth

>ameridumbs in charge of thinking
>>
Jack should have been forced to remain in the future. Ashi being able to time travel just seemed lazy and stupid. It would have been better to have Jack kill Aku with everyone helping him (probably biggest ones being scotsman, the gigantic Samurai, and Ashi) and then remaining in the future. You can still have your bittersweet ending because most people are dead from Aku's rape storm and you could probably justify some way for Ashi to die/evaporate.
>>
last trace of aku is in ashi
so jack must kill her
they kiss and the sword run through her heart
maybe also his i dont know
bitter end
>>
>>83007217
Aku conquered the world and change a lot of shit to make it like we saw it thousands of years in the future.

Literally impossible for the same people to exist or the same places without it being 100% fanservice
>>
>>82994652
+1 internet for you, sir
>>
File: 1433682657199.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1433682657199.gif
2MB, 400x286px
Why are you retards complaining? Holy shit you people are dumb.
>waahhh why did he kill aku
>waahhh why did he go back to the past
That's the entire fucking point of the whole series wtf.
>>
>>83014058
its more interesting if he never actually does it
>>
>>83007182
TTGL's ending is garbage because it goes against all the themes of the series up until that point.

Also, Lordgenome was a bro.
>>
>>82994103
I'm not sure I would after Mako died.

Plenty of the previous seasons of Samurai Jack has ambigious chronological order and were relatively self-contained stories.

I don't think you could ever have a satisfactory end without Mako still being alive, since every Aku appearance was a pathetic shadow of what it was.

I'd rather have had another season of self contained stories with no real progress towards defeating Aku or, if they insist on doing it, have the big finale be Jack finally defeating The Guardian and cutting back to the original Jack vs Aku from when he's initially sent back in time, then showing Jack re-appear infront of Aku and a surprised exclamation from Aku before end credits.

You can not have a satisfactory showdown vs Aku without mako.
They'd set up for The Guardian being a suitable substitute, then squandered it.

As is, I lost interest after about 5 episodes since it felt disjointedly fast paced and the unnecessary and predictable love plot.

Not sure what was wrong with the animation either, but it seemed really off compared to the original. Comparing the season finale's re-showing of Jack defeating Aku in the past is starkly different from the original.
>>
>>83014058
So the first few seasons were shit because he never accomplished his goal?
>>
>>83007143

like the gems of chronos?
>>
Maybe I'm missing something but the ending wasn't that confusing.

>Jack fighting Aku
>Aku sends him forward in time
>Seasons 1-5 happen in the future
>Final episode, Ashi opens a portal back in time
>Back to the moment jack leaves, that way there aren't two Jack's in the same moment
>Kills Aku
>Everything after Jack originally was sent forward never happened, things are as if Jack destroyed Aku right away

I think you're thinking too much into what ultimately was a kids show that had time portals peppered everywhere.
>>
>>82994103
Have him stay in the future and live with his friends and family after killing Aku there. Now Jack lives the rest of his life alone and everyone he's known for decades is dead.
>>
>>83009938
I read the comic ending and I hated it. Glad he went king Jack, but it left it completely open. I'm glad he killed Aku in the end
>>
>>82994652
this. the pacing in the later half of the season was fucked, especially the finale.

It should've been a 1 hour special but the time constraints were obvious. They were just jumping from one scene to the next while packing everything for the fans to wrap it up.

I'm still okay with the ending though.
>>
For everyone complaining, all of Jacks friends new exactly what was going to happen thanks to Akus broadcast. "Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Akus". They were perfectly willing to give their lives, and most of them straight up did. Dozens of the woolies, most of the ravers and fish people, the dogs were straight up killed. They slaughtered the giant robot and the droids in it. Even the Scotsman was already dead. So not only was the future a wreck, most of the people who Jack helped were dead from Akus hands anyway. Everyone, including Ashi, new it was always the goal to go back to the past and make a new future.

Now what was retarded about the plot, though, was the ending not giving Jack happiness. He went from being a tortured old man in a young mans body, to happy again, to being a tortured old stranger in his old home who will always be slightly uncomfortable. Ripping off TTGL is unforgivable.

What should have happened was:
>Ashi and Jack go back
>Kill Aku
>The gods grant Jack one request for basically saving the rest of history, to allow Ashi to stay with him instead of fading away
>He grows old happy as the new emporer.
>>
>>82994103
Mako is dead.

There is no new samurai jack.

We're already living in the past.
>>
File: the fuck....jpg (60KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck....jpg
60KB, 600x398px
>>83014251
>its more interesting
>if the plot doesn't come to completion
>>
>>83017969
Yeah.

You're telling me you didn't imagine a better ending than just ripping off TTGL?

Any ending we could imagine would be better than what we would have gotten or got. No story has an ending, we just stop paying attention and move on with our lives.

That's the ironic thing about samurai jack, we're all stuck trying to get back to our past.
>>
>>83017969
>implying the plot can't be completed if Jack settles for beating Aku in the future and living with the consequences
We've dealt with Jack grieving over losing time portals all the time, it wouldn't be the first time he'd look back and decide to move on.
>>
It really should have reconciled all of jack's allies and the fact that they will stop existing. Like just show a montage of broken down shit and ruins undoing themselves. Scotsman starts to materialize and sees the world kinda popping into different structures because Aku never existed. Just keep it cartoony, I think they could get away with something like this where they are literally just watching Aku's cities recede back into the earth and signs of his influence just disappearing.
>>
>>83018352
They are sweeping all continuity errors under the rug. They will never mention that every good thing jack did in the series is gone now.
>>
the finale felt really rushed, badly paced.
>>
>>82994103
>tfw Genndy pretends to be retarded and simply has Aku powerlessly staring at Jack and Ashi going into the time portal when he's already chased Jack into it before and easily pulled him back
>>
File: skv6804959094776_1.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
skv6804959094776_1.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>83018835
I wish this season was longer than just 10 episodes
>>
>>83014251
>>83018114
>>83018314
>bringing Jack back over a decade later just so he ends up looking for a portal again is interesting

Are you actually this retarded?
>>
>>82999838
Well, training to jump like that would only work for maybe a few weeks, but the body would slowly return to its normal state without consistent training
>>
>>83019116
who said anything about having him looking for another portal?
have you never considered the possibility of a character ever GETTING OVER shit in the past and moving on with life?
is "deal with it" such a tough message to comprehend?
>>
It was a mistake letting the characters go back and kill Aku. They should have been forced to live in the present, but now that Aku is dead they can start to reclaim the earth from all the baddies and start undoing the evil. To reconcile the fact that in this scenario Jack did fail to return and his parents died while enslaved and countless other bad things happened throughout the years, it could just show his parents in heaven smiling down on him for what he has achieved. Alternatively, Jack could die in this ending but he managed to impregnate Ashi so baby Jack is going to be the new leader for free earth, and then it shows Jack in heaven with scotsman and all his deceased comrades and parents.
>>
>>83019116
It shouldn't have ended. That's my take on it.
>>
>>83019785
I'd have liked a complicated ending where jack saves both the future and the past and dies a heroic death while doing so.

A shot of a statue of jack covered in lichen in the heart of a massive futuristic utopian city would have been a far better ending.
>>
I blame myself for falling for the Samurai Jack meme
the normies were wrong
the normies are always wrong
>>
>>83019589
>yeah Jack, just get over the loss of your mission and the thousands of years of Aku reign and the billions of lives lost because you couldn't or didn't go back in time

>>83019791
Then there'd be no point in bringing the show back. This is a business, not charity, Cartoon Network isn't greenlighting it so it's same old same old.
>>
>>83019998
>normies
Reminder Reddit uses this word instead of normalfag as to not offend literal faggots
>>
>>83020239
>Then there'd be no point in bringing the show back. This is a business, not charity, Cartoon Network isn't greenlighting it so it's same old same old.

You're right. There was no point.
>>
>>83019998
I haven't watch it either.
Is this just kindergarten-level "philosophical drama" silly looking cartoon, pretending to be something deeper?
>>
>>83020832
They wrapped it up, that's the point
>>
>>82998858
Jack will continue to not age and this will happen.
>>
>>82994103
Give it 5 more episodes and extend the final episode to 45 minutes
>>
>>82994103
Jack stays in the future after defeating Aku and we see him slowly age a year for every 10 years that passes or something
and hundreds of years later when he's an old man and we've seen the bittersweet shit, where Ashi and all of his children and grandchildren have died before him, he finds a time portal and returns to the past as an old man with the crown, after rebuilding the future and saves the people of the past, before dying
then there'd be two timelines and the entire series isn't completely erased
maybe the time portal could have been the Shaolin monks one that only shows up after a huge amount of time
>>
>>83021102
No they didn't. Jack is still alive. Why not continue it forever if "wrapping it up" was the goal?
>>
Samurai jack season 5 except each time ashi interacts with jack the pacing doubles
>>
>>83021862
What you wanted Jack to die?

He got back to the past, killed Aku and saved the future. That's what the show was about and they finally got to it.
>>
Ashi was a mistake
>>
>>83021992
>What you wanted Jack to die?
No. I wanted mako to not die. But he is dead, and anything after that is fanfiction.

>He got back to the past, killed Aku and saved the future. That's what the show was about and they finally got to it.
That's absolutely not what the show was about. How many episodes even had time portals? like 5? All the other episodes were about him helping people that he just killed. All of them. Dead. All of the dog people, all of the fuzzies, the monks, the robot people, all of them. Gone. Erased from existence so jack could save, what, 1000 of his own people?

That's the fucking moral? The tragedy is that jack lost a woman? Not that countless billions lost their entire existence?

What a children's show.
>>
File: 1478403843813.jpg (13KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1478403843813.jpg
13KB, 526x526px
>we still don't know Jack's name
>>
>>83022192
>That's absolutely not what the show was about.

Yeah it fucking was, did you even watch the intro? Or listen to the fucking theme song?

>How many episodes even had time portals? like 5?

How many time travel portals do you think exist exactly? You think he's gonna find a new one every episode? lol. This is no different than any other show, there's a main plot but there's gonna be monster/case of the week episodes and filler.

>Erased from existence so jack could save, what, 1000 of his own people?

He literally undid every fucked up thing Aku and his minions would have ever done in the future. You know all those destroyed cities and killer robots? gone.
>>
Make it twenty episodes and not have autistic pacing

>episode where Ashi tries to find Jack should have her encounter the Scotsman
>she gets him to help find Jack and gather an army
>after beating Aku, Ashi also dies
>Jack is still in the future, trapped but also helping to rebuild the new world
>he eventually wanders back to the Guardian's portal
>this time, he is ready
>this time, he is worthy to pass
>he and the Guardian draw their swords
>WACHA
>credits
>>
>>83022310
whoa, you're right
>>
>>83022406
>Yeah it fucking was, did you even watch the intro? Or listen to the fucking theme song?
No it fucking wasn't you idiot.

>How many time travel portals do you think exist exactly? You think he's gonna find a new one every episode? lol. This is no different than any other show, there's a main plot but there's gonna be monster/case of the week episodes and filler.
so 90% of the show is filler that distracts from the main goal? Even in Pirates of Dark water they got a jewel every once in a while.

>He literally undid every fucked up thing Aku and his minions would have ever done in the future. You know all those destroyed cities and killer robots? gone.
Yeah along with the people they terrorized.

If jack had determined that life with aku was worse than no life at all, why in the fuck did he bother saving anyone? Are we supposed to sympathize with someone who is too stupid to know the consequences of their selfish desires?
>>
>>83022570
>No it fucking wasn't you idiot.

Yes it was, and you're retarded if you didn't fucking know that.

>so 90% of the show is filler that distracts from the main goal?

Literally yes. Look at X-Files or Supernatural. How many episodes are about the aliens or whatever demon/angel/leviathan/archangel/god's sister/lucifer they're facing? Only a couple per season. Is he other stuff entertaining? Yes. Can the other stuff get callbacks? Yes. But it's still not the main focus.

>Yeah along with the people they terrorized.

So what? He stopped Aku from conquering, murdering and enslaving billions, including other worlds.

Now all those civilization will grow in newer ways and billions will live that never did before, even if they are different people.

>why in the fuck did he bother saving anyone?

Maybe because he was there? Maybe because it means something in the moment? It's not like he's just gonna think, "hey no point in helping this person or that person, they'll be erased anyway, better ignore anything that's not getting a portal even if I'll feel bad until then for not doing anything at all and I'm unsure if i'll even be able to"
>>
>>83022829
>Yes it was, and you're retarded if you didn't fucking know that.
Sorry that you have a child's understanding of the world and can't see the greater meaning behind a heroic character.

>Literally yes. Look at X-Files or Supernatural. How many episodes are about the aliens or whatever demon/angel/leviathan/archangel/god's sister/lucifer they're facing? Only a couple per season. Is he other stuff entertaining? Yes. Can the other stuff get callbacks? Yes. But it's still not the main focus.

The paranormal is the focus of the X-files, not the shitty human hybrid plot that never went anywhere and just got more and more stupid as the show progressed. Everyone prefers the monster of the week episodes.

>So what? He stopped Aku from conquering, murdering and enslaving billions, including other worlds.
So non-existence is better than whatever happy lives some of them had? All of the people that jack helped went right back to being slaves?

>Now all those civilization will grow in newer ways and billions will live that never did before, even if they are different people.

No they fucking won't because every event is going to happen differently. There is zero chance of the same people meeting and having children without the influence of aku in the world. It's like saying the world would be identical today if Greece never existed.

>Maybe because he was there? Maybe because it means something in the moment? It's not like he's just gonna think, "hey no point in helping this person or that person, they'll be erased anyway, better ignore anything that's not getting a portal even if I'll feel bad until then for not doing anything at all and I'm unsure if i'll even be able to"
Then he thinks like a child does and he's not a heroic character, just a selfish one.

He traded a thousand lives for countless billions.
>>
>>83023002
>Sorry that you have a child's understanding

Sorry you literally can't pay attention to a show on Cartoon Network.

>not the shitty human hybrid plot that never went anywhere and just got more and more stupid as the show progressed

That alien shit was the overarching plot and one of the sole things that involved continuity and kept being addressed throughout each season and the series as a whole.

>All of the people that jack helped went right back to being slaves?

No, they never became slaves in the first place. Billions of new lives exist that never existed before and billions of others were instead what developed instead of the characters we know because they were a result of changes Aku made.

>There is zero chance of the same people meeting and having children

That's why I said "even if they are different people" retard. Not different personalities.

>He traded a thousand lives for countless billions.

Nope, he traded billions who were enslaved and murdered for trillions that never would be.
>>
File: IMG_1278.jpg (121KB, 792x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1278.jpg
121KB, 792x767px
>Not realizing that the ending was supposed to be emotionally draining, and that Jack sacrificed everything he knew for a future he probably won't be part of making him the definition of a hero and a samurai
>>
>>83023214
>Sorry you literally can't pay attention to a show on Cartoon Network.
I'm sorry you've no greater concept of why humans tell stories other than cartoons for children.

>That alien shit was the overarching plot and one of the sole things that involved continuity and kept being addressed throughout each season and the series as a whole.
It was still shit and ultimately painted the show into a corner of nonsense and tripe and it's why the last few seasons are such garbage.

>No, they never became slaves in the first place
The woolies were. The dogs were being fucking crucified.

>Billions of new lives exist that never existed before and billions of others were instead what developed instead of the characters we know because they were a result of changes Aku made.
So it's right that all those people should die for someone else who only has a "chance" of a better life? That's pretty cold blooded.

>Nope, he traded billions who were enslaved and murdered for trillions that never would be.
Killing a trillion to save a trillion is a net of zero.

what if the earth is conquered by any number of the hostile alien species we see in the show? Is it still justified?
>>
I would have dropped the entire Ashi thing. I legit gave ZERO fucks about their friendship/romance. It was very forced.

Jack should have had a more in-depth loss with the sword, although I think how he got it back was cool. I think they should have revisited the idea of the sword purifying evil, like when Jack defeated those robots that were infused with Aku's essence and Jack used the power of the gods to kill them. They could have saved Ashi that way, but meh.

I legit think Jack should have killed Aku with the help of everyone he ever saved, that part was cool but underwhelming, and then there just shouldn't have been a portal to the past and Jack would realize that his true home is there, in the future with all of his friends.

But meh....
>>
>>83023372
Jack sacrificed pussy and that's it. Come off it.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.