[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/covenant/ general continued old thread: >>82947098

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 47

File: Last Time They Spoke as Friends.png (663KB, 1267x603px) Image search: [Google]
Last Time They Spoke as Friends.png
663KB, 1267x603px
/covenant/ general continued

old thread: >>82947098
>>
This movie is stupid and flawed to the core just like Prometheus and if you like it you're a dumb dumb
>>
>>82952456
first for walter
>>
>>82952456
Great movie. I loved how thematic it was and how fleshed out the David character was. My only issue with it is that it lacks the tonal coherence of every other film in the franchise.
>>
>>82952456
Dr. Shaw NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
5th for no suits
>>
File: Aliens - Dead Orbit 001-021.jpg (670KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens - Dead Orbit 001-021.jpg
670KB, 994x1528px
>yfw they introduced overheating cryo tubes in a comic book a month ago

also great way to avoid having to pay the actors for their likenesses if Ridley doesn't want them in the next one
>>
I'm usually a strong defender of the "just turn your brain off" attitude when it comes to watching fantastical movies. But this one tested my patience.

6th for baby xeno holding up its arms and screaming
>>
>>82952501
Walter was such a bro.

> What is that if not love?
> Duty.

BTW, while I want to believe Walter will come back, I think the body that returned to the Covenant WAS Walter's. When David kissed him, he inserted his programming into him, and it only revealed itself at the end.
>>
File: lol.jpg (32KB, 1168x600px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
32KB, 1168x600px
Friendly reminder to never get vaccinated and smoke in hostile enviroments away from your crew while running with scissors so you can be part of the Weyland Yutani Exploring Crew
>>
>>82952524
I knew something was up when the end of Prometheus was all about her finding answers... only to later discover that she would not be returning to play Shaw in sequel.

I was expecting the worst, and I was not disappointed.
>>
File: 2i20uoi.jpg (257KB, 1023x786px) Image search: [Google]
2i20uoi.jpg
257KB, 1023x786px
>>82952590
There's a comic? And I recognize that art, that's the motherfucker that did the Godzilla comic. I usually don't read comics, but I liked that one, especially the art. Will give this a download.
>>
File: file.png (106KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
106KB, 600x200px
i can't wait for the kino-cut
>>
riddley scott is fucking finished.

I've lost my faith on him. I thought prometheus fucking sucked due to the movie studio and screenplay, but it's clear now that he's the problem. that he's a fucking hack.
alien and blade runner were a fluke.
>>
>>82952641
Still should have healed
>>
>>82952707
>this was meant to be in the movie in test screenings

WHY WOULD THEY CUT IT?
>>
All the Alien movies should only have action. Just Queens and power loaders for the entire run time. Also no dialogue.
>>
>>82952756
t. james cameron, aka reddit, aka pleb
>>
File: 1492840855794.jpg (16KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1492840855794.jpg
16KB, 432x288px
>have been in cryostasis aboard a cramped spaceship for years
>find a hospitable planet
>all atmospheric readings say that the planet is perfectly safe
>finally have the opportunity to breathe fresh air and feel the wind on your face after years and years of stale, filtered air
>"NOOOOOOOO BUT I HAVE TO WEAR MUH SPESS SUIT BECAUSE I MIGHT CONTRACT SPESS EBOLA EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO RECORDED INSTANCES OF SUCH A THING EVER HAPPENING AND THE POSSIBILITY OF AN ALIEN MICROBE BEING ABLE TO EVEN INTERACT WITH HUMAN BIOLOGY IS SO ASTRONOMICALLY SLIM I'D HAVE TO BE DELUSIONALLY PARANOID TO EVEN CONSIDER SUCH A POSSIBILITY"
>>
>>82952641

yea didn't have the faggy English accent too. sounded more /ourguy/
>>
>>82952717
While that is one hole, consider the other hole: when Walter fucked David's shit up and David was all "so that's how it's going to be, Brother?", David's voice was malfunctioning and distorted. There's no way he could've fixed that... (I mean, could he)? Not to mention swap clothes with Walter so quickly like that.

So as far as I'm concerned, the non-healing and malfunctioning voice are plotholes, so it's easier for me to accept the non-healing of Walter's body over the healing of David's.
>>
>>82952818
Apparently the original cut has David reaching for the knife cut out.
It was put in for a reason.
>>
>>82952795
>EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE NO RECORDED INSTANCES OF SUCH A THING EVER HAPPENING

Dude. The Colombian Exchange is absolute PROOF of that happening. Diseases transferring work both ways... imagine if the Indians visited Europe first and got a face full of smallpox.
>>
>>82952857
>Colombian Exchange

Sorry, ColUmbian Exchange.
>>
>>82952795
>>all atmospheric readings say that the planet is perfectly safe
Watch the movie again, the readings say 95% of the atmosphere is like on Earth, that still makes a 5% NOT like on Earth
>>
>>82952857
Are you seriously, unironically comparing the biomes of two continents on the same planet to two planets that are light years apart?
>>
>>82952922
>>82952795

And clearly that 5% killed basically the entire fucking crew. 5% is a lot. Safety protocols exist for a reason!
>>
>>82952922
haha but lets just go check it out because danny mcbride heard a song he knew lmao
>>
>>82952795
>Alien planet
>There's flora
>He thinks the possibility of alien microbes is low
The possibility is 100%
>>
>No safety protocols
>>
>>82952795
I was more annoyed by the "let's abandon our mission because I know we don't really feel like going back into cryosleep again right now".

and the movie trying to be poignant and deep while having the entire cast act like morons from a bad slasher movie.
>>
>>82952857
Earth environment =/= space enviroment.
>>82952922
95% is enough for that 5% to be irrelevant.
>>
>>82952922
And clearly that 5% differentiation was within normal parameters, otherwise they wouldn't have said it was safe.
>>
Seriously /tv/, how much respect did you have for Billy Crudup's character after this scene?
>>
>>82952986
>95% is enough for that 5% to be irrelevant.
Ebola kills in 5% of the cases, lets inject you and your whole family with Ebola, after all 5% is irrelevant
>>
>>82952997
but that should still call for a protocol like maybe wear a helmet on an uncharted planet or maybe dont put ur face right up in a fucking alien spore
>>
>>82952948
> the same planet to two planets

Both planets have trees, wheat, grass, similar life forms on earth (notice the sea shells and in David's collection)... and even if the two planets were different, it's even MORE of a reason to try to prevent the transfer of diseases between them!

Foreigners visiting islands cut off from the rest of the world and bringing their foods, animals, and diseases, are exactly the same thing going on here.

If you can't see this, then, shit, take a 7th grade science and history course for once.
>>
>they never explained the shaw weird hologram
FUCK Scott, senile piece of shit
>>
>>82952997
rewatch Prometheus, they also said 95% like on Earth and still nobody wanted to go out without a suit
>>
>still no explanation for the wheat
>>
>>82953025
Like I said, Earth viruses mean nothing when it comes to space viruses. There's really no reason to compare the two because there so fucking different.
Why is common fucking sense or actually looking things up so fucking hard for /tv/?
>>
>>82953017
He deserved it obviously. And it led to a great chestburster scene.
>>
>>82953084
Chief expert of space viruses.
>>
>When James Franco says in the prologue "I'm going into cryo early, this fever is burning me up"
cheeki breeki

also though that scene terrified me because of how content he looked in the pod, just burning alive as if he wasn't feeling it, and then his corpse being like handcuffed or zip tied, why would they do that?
>>
>>82952961
Christ. For being so outraged at the scientific inaccuracy of the film, you faggots don't seem capable of grasping basic biological principles.

A microbe that evolved on a completely different planet where humans don't exist has a virtually zero chance of being able to interact with human physiology.
>>
>>82953017
This scene triggered me. Dr. Manhatman is so ucking dumb.
>>
>>82952952

it's fuckin' John Denver, bro!

>>82953017

he was already a cunt from the beginning when he didn't know the captain should probably be at the funeral with something nice and respectful to say, instead of complaining to his wife that they're even having one.
>>
>>82953017
Why didn't he just turn around and leave? He talked about people with faith not making good decisions and then he himself has faith in some creepy robot and looks over some ominous looking egg.
>>
>>82952986
>Earth environment =/= space enviroment.

Seeing as how Earth-like the planet was, the comparison is fair. What makes you think that a unknown planet WOULD be safe for people to visit?

I mean, seriously, no one has explained why people would be justified in believing that a foreign planet with an oxygen atmosphere would NOT have potentially deadly microorganisms on it that they need to protect themselves from? Like, what makes people believe that there would ABSOLUTELY NOT be ANYTHING that could kill them? Or did everyone just fail to take a rudimentary science course?
>>
>>82953126
Look it up if you think I'm wrong.
>>
>>82953017
the moment when he killed the neomorph and talked about seeing the devil when he was a child he was the biggest badass in the movie

then it all went downhill from there
>>
>>82953084
>This planet is like Earth in flora, air, composition, etc in a 95%
>Their viruses will totally don't affect us though because I say so
You can't have the "it's like our planet so it's fine" and "it won't be like our planet so it's fine" at the same time
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 1300x1300px
>>82952795
Why not ask me about Sevastapol safety protocols?
>>
>>82953189
>no explanation
>>
>>82953154
How earth like it was is irrelevant. Humans never existed on there before so there's no chance it could actually infect them.
This is basic fucking biology.
>>
>>82953189

>seeing the devil when he was a child

[desire to know more intensifies]
>>
>>82953239
You know that there're diseases that pass from animals to humans, right? just because a human wasn't there before doesn't mean you're immune, retard. Viruses are pretty fucking simple and evolve to affect other organisms.
>>
File: file.png (293KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
293KB, 500x700px
>>82953230
>>82953258
he was raised religious since he was a child. what further explanation do you need?
>>
>>82953057
Oh sure if they were real people, but I guess Ridley Scott doesn't care about that sort of thing. The fact that there was life on the planet should've been addressed in some way, but let's remember they don't even bother to be amazed by it's existence.
>>
>>82953145
> microbes are made of chemicals
> chemical compounds have various effects on all living beings in random ways
> other planets are full of systems that could have created airborne compounds that could easily fuck out shit up

It's not the microbes, but what they produce. Imagine ONE planet having an organism that produces clouds of Solanine and/or Tropanes. One breath of it would be death. You don't know if they exist, so why take the chance?
>>
>>82953239
So it can kill the Engineers who, ykno, only made humans, but actual humans are off the table?
>>
File: IMG_0569.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0569.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>82952795
>NOBODY HAS EVER GOTTEN SICK IN A FOREIGN ENVIRONMENT DUE TO SPORES BACTERIA OR ANIMALS CARRYING DISEASE PLEASE LOOK AT HOW RETARDED I AM
>>
>>82953362
That would actually be a great point, if they weren't completely unaware of the existence of the engineers and the fact that humans were their creations.
>>
>Artic never had humans before till recent times
>Still first explorers got sick
Nah, this must be false, the media came up with this story, everybody knows that if there weren't humans there before humans become immortal in there
>>
File: vk37bj3umscy.png (184KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
vk37bj3umscy.png
184KB, 500x377px
>>82952986
>>82952986
>>>95% is enough for that 5% to be irrelevant.

>Nitrogen accounts for 78% of the atmosphere, oxygen 21% and argon 0.9%. Gases like carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides, methane, and ozone are trace gases that account for about a tenth of one percent of the atmosphere.

Literally change any gas in earth atmosphere by 5% and you die

>same thing happened in prometheus and they still wore their suits when they landed

EVEN IF THEY SOMEHOW WERE 100% SURE THE ATMOSHPERE ITSELF IS SAFE THERE IS A FUCKING FLORA AND EVEN IF THAT WAS SOMEHOW GUARANTEED TO BE NOT DANGEROUS IT GUARANTEES THAT THERE HAS TO BE MICROORGANISMS

>b-b-ut alien viruses/bacteria aren't evolved to reproduce by using your body as a host!!!

Still doesnt mean they can't hurt u you fucking retard. same thing goes for the fauna

>b-b-b-ut they knew it was safe 100% because of the scans

Why did they equip the entire crew with guns then? Why did they all die then if it was so safe?
>>
>>82953239
> basic fucking biology
> doesn't understand how biological organisms create chemical compounds that can fuck humans up

It's not the lifeform; it could operate in some random, non-DNA system (ignoring that Engineers have similar DNA to us)... but it can still generate chemical compounds that can kill. Imagine one of those organisms seeking out lead and mercury compounds and shoots it out as a defense mechanism. Wanna take that risk? I sure the fuck don't.
>>
>>82953389
>thousands of crumbling engineers
>david tells them 'oops i accidentally killed em hyuck'
>>
File: 1485602277646.jpg (35KB, 392x409px) Image search: [Google]
1485602277646.jpg
35KB, 392x409px
>>82953042
Oh my fucking god, you literally don't even have an elementary understanding of how disease pathology works. The reason the Colombian Exchange happened is because both continents had separate human populations that interacted with each other, you insipid little shitstain. This isn't fucking rocket science. Pathogens have a parasitic relationship with humans. Guess what that means? That in order for those pathogens to evolve, a human population has to exist. You need two to fucking tango.

And guess what's lacking on this planet? A fucking human population. How are any microbes going to evolve a parasitic relationship with humans as the host if there aren't any fucking humans?

You are so fucking stupid that I'm legitimately angry. And you have the gall to tell me I need to take a "7th grade science and history course". You are the worst, dumbest poster I have had the displeasure of conversing with in months. Die.
>>
>when you fuck up the most important scene of the movie
https://youtu.be/-ENVlnK7U6c
>>
I'm not completely sure but I think David might have had some similarities to Lucifer. I'm not completely sure, guys. I'll have to do more research.
>>
>>82953438
This was after they'd landed though.
>>
>>82953220
>the magazine down a dude's throat calling back to Ash
hoo boy
>>
As usual, /tv/ proves how fucking retarded they are.
>>
>>82953342
>Imagine ONE planet having an organism that produces clouds of Solanine and/or Tropanes
>You don't know if they exist
I'm pretty certain that would be detected in the atmospheric readings.
>>
>>82953131
ziptie the hands so they stay together when the body is being moved
>>
>>82953492
>most important scene
lol really?
>>
>>82953488
Some diseases pass from animals to humans and viceversa, you don't need a place with humans to get sick, you mong
>>
>>82953492
>fuck up

It was perfect
>>
>>82953488
I like how you conveniently ignored all the people disproving your utterly retarded >mmuh alien microlife can't even touch me argument and decided to write a wall of autistic test insulting one guy
>>
>>82953364
Alien bacteria wouldn't do shit to humans you stupid idiot.
>>
>>82953531
Explain.
>>
>>82953546
Was thinking that might've been part of it, just seemed so grim
>>
>>82953563
Kill yourself brainlet
>>
>>82953543
The atmospehric readings said 95% like on Earth, imagine that 5% being stuff that kills you.
>>
>>82953557
>Beautiful music plays as a tiny baby alien gracefully bursts out of the captain's chest
Yeeeaaah, no
>>
>>82953594
We're seeing it along with David.
It's beautiful.
>>
I still don't know why the girl that was locked in quarantine didn't start shanking the neomorph as soon as he popped out. Most of the newly burst critters are pretty slow and tired af.
>>
>>82953554
they share common pathways of infection, aliens almost definitely wouldn't.
>>
>>82953563
>"This planet is like Earth in absolutely everything but a 5%...therefore we're immune to any bacteria because it's only LIKE ON EARTH when it suits us"
You can't have like Earth and not lke Earth at the same time
>>
>>82953592
Why do you think the computer is just listing it as a nondescript 5% and not analyzing exactly what that 5% is?
>>
>>82953562
They aren't disproving that anon at all. They're only reinforcing how fucking stupid you are.
>>82953592
>:
>>82953488
>>
File: UUU GET AWAY FROM ME.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UUU GET AWAY FROM ME.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
I thought that Oram's delicious brown waifu would be a kind of beacon of science and "SHIT.AINT.RIGHT" when she stayed to collect samples to see what was going on with the planet. But nah, nothing came of that, slipped in a pool of blood and got mauled by a chest-buster.

>>82953506
I'm gonna be honest I have Paradise Lost on my shelf like 4 feet away from me but I've never fully read it. The only line I recognized was the obvious serve in heaven, reign in hell.
>>
>>82953592
not him, but the 5% would have been detected still. They would know what was in the atmosphere and if it was lethal.
>>
>>82952697
What happened to her?
>>
>>82953620
But aren't we supposed to not want the main characters to die?
>>
I'LL DO THE FINGERING
>>
File: 1489234176898.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489234176898.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>82953492
>it already has members

How the fuck did they messed this up?
>>
File: Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg (405KB, 867x860px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg
405KB, 867x860px
>>82953017
Seemed like rational behavior to me. It's not like he was a scientist.
>>
>>82953638
TWICE. Those bitches slipped TWICE.
>>
>>82953663
I bursted out laughing in my theater. A solid 5 seconds of laughter. Man I was dying.
>>
>>82953628
Would agree in a completely different atmosphere, but not on a planet that is literally like Earth as they stated. Same atmosphere and composition and flora makes for a pretty high chance of similar fauna and therefore stuff that can affect you.
>>
File: chestbuster.jpg (86KB, 711x409px) Image search: [Google]
chestbuster.jpg
86KB, 711x409px
>>82953492

>Chestbuster
>>
>>82953669
That wasn't the classic xeno, very close, but even the egg was different
>>
>>82953676
You act like most people would be calm and pay attention to their surroundings in such a situation.
>>
>>82952456
>yfw ridley just fucking copypasted the plot from that alien comic.

L O L
O
L
>>
>>82953669
limbs, i mean limbs, fuck
>>
>>82953554
Yes you do, you fucking idiot. Again, you're just proving you have no idea how disease pathology works. Just because certain microorganisms take multiple host species doesn't mean that they just magically and randomly infect anything. They have evolved to infect those specific species.
>>
>>82953650
>5% would have been detected still
>You can detect stuff that wasn't discover yet
No?. I mean, you can detect that it's unknown, but not what it's.
>>
>>82953669
>>82953695
The original had tiny limbs too
>>
So do you think the whole Engineers plot will be dropped from future Alien movies? Seeing as they're all dead, anyway.
>>
>>82953628
Even the fucking alien itself being able to use human bodies for reproduction disproves your imbecilic hypothesis

Plus - the bacteria doesn't have to infect u in a traditional way in order to fuck you up it could be a decomposer or emmit something toxic to humans

Also you could get fucked up by your own immunity system freaking the fuck out
>>
>>82953669
The original chestburster had limbs too.
>>82953691
They're supposed to be called primal xenomorphs or something. They aren't xeno xenos yet.
>>
>>82953712
so how do you know the alien earth planet doesnt have face eating killer bees?

you dont, thats why you wear a helmet, its not just viruses
>>
>>82953492
>the rocky pose
hahahah wtf
>>
>>82953717
It wouldn't just be "unknown". It's not like the 5% would be some unknown element in the atmosphere. Basically it is 95% earth-like, but maybe it has a higher nitrogen concentration or some shit
>>
>>82953748
Because that would have appeared in the readings
>>
>>82953735
Yes but that's BIOENGINEERED SUPER WEAPON DESIGNED BY A SPECIES TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS AHEAD OF US TECHNOLOGICALLY.
>>
>>82953621
If anything it'd probably be the shock of "hey holy shit there is some creature coming out of this guys back and I have no idea what it is or what it's capable of I'm gonna try and get away"
>>
fuck just wear a helmet
>>
>>82953738
Protoxenos. I'm pretty sure in the first one the chest burster was more of a snake
>>
The wheat ain't that bad
https://youtu.be/JehjqlzXwIQ
>>
>>82953733
Those were not engineers. That was just another planet, probably a species created by engineers. Look at how they reacted to the ship arriving, like their gods returned.
>>
>>82953631
Take your own advice, cocksucker.

Either you have your alien bacteria, which can't interact with humans in any significant fashion, or you have regular Earth bacteria.
>>
>>82953778
They were landing on a mysterious earth-like planet after hearing a FUCKING ALIEN SIGNAL from there
>>
>>82953682
When you've got alien life that has been independently evolving for millions/billions of years the chance that it's pathogens are also capable of infecting you are close to nothing. When the alteration of single amino acid in a protein chain can mean the difference between immunity/susceptibility to a pathogen, alien life has no chance.

I do think the idea of them creating chemicals which might be harmful to us is a good point though.
>>
So the only plot development between Prometheus and Covenant was David moving from one irrelevant planet to another?
>>
>>82953763
Maybe has 5% of something that in contact with water it turns into sulfuric acid.
>>
>>82953802
So did David just lie to Shaw when he said he was taking her to the Engineers' homeworld?
>>
>>82953773
its always better to err on the side of caution vs trusting a computer fully

it seems unrealistic that a scan from so high up can rule out everything
>>
>>82953826
And David perfected the Xenomorph
>>
>>82953818
>FUCKING ALIEN SIGNAL

>identifiably human music
>alien single
>>
>>82953492
What would John Hurt think of this scene?
>>
>>82953817
Or you have what you saw in Prometheus and Covenant, retard.
>>
>>82953818
So?
>>
>>82953773
Yeah, like the fucking virus that creates aliens, right? that appeared in the readings, right? oh...wait
>>
>>82953830
what element does that?

>>82953836
Don't know, maybe that's where they thought they were going, maybe he just lied. Either way If and when they get to the Engineer's homeworld I would be pissed if wiping it out meant the end of the species, as if they wouldn't have their own colonies.
>>
>>82953847
yeah but the "black goo" existed in Prometheus and eventually produced something akin to a Xenomorph. How do we know this type is better than those? How does David even know?

what was the point of Prometheus now?
>>
>They arent even midly amused by AN ALIEN CIVILIZATION IN FRONT OF THEM
Only Danny McBride acted like a fuking human in this movie
>>
>>82953847
>perfected
Neomorphs > Xenomorphs
>>
>>82953855
See:
>>82953778
>>
>>82952456

Why the FUCK COULD WE NOT GET BLOMKAMPS ALIENS MOVIE. we keep getting this shit that doesn't make sense with the retarded crew.
>>
>>82953918
Neomorphs are shit!
>>
>>82953492
God damn this shit was so kawaii, I loved seeing David get genuinely happy about his little guy being born.

The CGI in that scene was fucking incredibly too, especially the transparency in the skin as it's so young.
>>
>>82953908
David probably made them fight each other and played imaginary WWE. He probably had an intercontinental champion Neomorph.
>>
There were two neomorphs, I know one got killed by the captain but what happened to the other?
>>
>>82953903
>what element does that?
Dunno, sulfuric Acid is H2SO4, i has molecules of H and O (water), so maybe with an ionic reaction (like the atmosphere had during the whole movie) can cause it to turn into sulfuric acid
>>
>>82953914
>flies the cargo loader down having no idea what's happening on the planet
>reacts perfectly calmy when the alien jumps onto his ship

he was awful
>>
>>82953669
It was a Proto, a different species than the '79 Xeno.

Also the doggo Xeno in Alien 3 was born far larger with proportioned limbs.
>>
>>82953938
District 9 was a fluke, Blomkamps primary skill is creating plausible visuals for a dystopian near-future.
>>
>>82953947
But David's the villain, and the xeno is a crime against nature.
>>
>>82953847
Hyper aggressive black xenomorphs that like to watch people having shower sex.

and it might sound nitpicky as fuck but I didn't like it charging and jumping on the lander when it was leaving the planet. It's still an animal, and that's like an angry pitbull going after a bulldozer the size of a hockey rink.

>>82953958
Hanging out in the bush, eating corpses.
>>
>>82953958
one blew up in the ship, the other got gunned down by the captain while david bawled his eyes out
>>
>>82953855
Right, a completely fictional organism that borders on fantastical and has no scientific basis whatsoever. Because it's a fucking movie.

It's hilarious that you morons take such chagrin over them not wearing suits due to it not being "realistic", yet you resort to the ridiculous and fantastical to justify them after you've been educated on how disease pathology actually works.
>>
>>82953958
blew up in the lander?
>>
>>82953922
The shit in Prometheus wasn't a weapon though. And evolution is a form of perfection.
>>
>terraforming equipment is a bunch of bulldozers

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>82953981
maybe, I really don't know, chemistry aint my bag. The only rational idea for why they didn't have biosuits is that they were on a mission to another planet they had inspected, and this was a one way trip anyway. If they turned out to be wrong, if the planet they were going to was in-hospital, they could not go home
>>
>>82954010
>>82954027

I thought it escaped though

I could have sworn right before it blew up we saw it run off for half a second
>>
File: 1468417518146.jpg (10KB, 236x299px) Image search: [Google]
1468417518146.jpg
10KB, 236x299px
>>82953999
>But David's the villain
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82953958

deleted scene. it showed up when they were waiting for the cargo ship to land, Daniels shot it while the regular xeno dodged better.
>>
>>82952456
>actually arguing over garbage fiction
>>
>>82954034
It was.
>>
>>82954084
we're all having good, autistic fun arguing of this shit thank you very much.
>>
>>82954034
>evolution is a form of perfection
Evolution is a form of adequacy. It is just enough to survive the environment.
>>
>>82954027
>>82954010
Pretty sure it survived the lander explosion, as there were 100% 2 different Neos attacking them in the field.
>>
>>82954045
You can move dirty with bulldozers, that's technically terraforming
>>
>>82953735
>Even the fucking alien itself being able to use human bodies for reproduction disproves your imbecilic hypothesis
You realize that the alien isn't real, and isn't scientifically plausible right?

Your whole argument has been how "unrealistic" it is for them not to be wearing suits, yet here you are using fiction to try to prove it.
>>
>I'VE NEVER HEARD MY WIFE SCARED BEFORE
>>
Can we all at least agree the CGI in this is horrible?
>>
Can someone explain how the second xeno got on the covenant to me? The hugger was not on long enough to implant. How did David get it up there?
>>
File: Blomkamp_rifle.png (1MB, 952x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Blomkamp_rifle.png
1MB, 952x1196px
>>82953992

He had Weave and Biehn on board, When to Weta workshops to make Actual Props instead of using AR FUCKING 15s.

He's a good direct seeing the amount of shit that keeps getting released.

Also Sharlto copley would be a marine or Xenomorph, No one loses in this film.
>>
>>82954148
no
>>
>>82954129
HUMANS DERIVE FROM ENGINEER DNA, ALIENS USING HUMAN DNA BECAUSE THEY WERE ENGINEERED TO DO SO FROM THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF ALL LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE WHICH COMES FROM THE ENGINEERS

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?
>>
File: 4615739_640px.jpg (43KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
4615739_640px.jpg
43KB, 640x853px
>>82954149
It's a protofacehugger. It takes just .025 seconds to implant. ;^)
>>
File: 628x471.jpg (32KB, 628x417px) Image search: [Google]
628x471.jpg
32KB, 628x417px
Is Ridley Scott secretly homophobic?

>"I'll do the fingering"
>"you just blow here"
*gay kiss *
>"I love you"

>David is creepy, perverse and weird
>shows David having homo vibes with Walter, as if being gay is unnatural, undesirable and wrong

as a LGBT person I'm legit semi triggered
>>
>>82954149
Once hugger hugs your face its over, even if its just a couple seconds

Just like your average /nosuit/ fag having sex
>>
File: 1485126548955.gif (1MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1485126548955.gif
1MB, 400x303px
>>82953938
>waaaah literary allegory hurts my head
>where's my dumb action movie?
>>
>>82954167
Until we get caseless, like the Colonial Marines had, you will continue to see AR pattern, or similar, rifles.
>>
File: alien.jpg (36KB, 780x382px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
36KB, 780x382px
>>82954149
when david was replacing the bandage on acid-face guy he slipped in a little alien concotion

"hows it look?"
"fine."
>>
>>82954210
thats not true...
>>
>>82954167
The story would've sucked knob harder than Prometheus. Just look at Chappy and Elysium. Any action would be top-notch though, I'll admit that.
>>
Different guy, and I'm a structural engineer so my biology classes are long ago forgotten but
The planet is 99% like Earth according to them, to the point the flora is literally like ours
The were replying to a human distress signal (the song proves they had to be human)

Is that enough to use the suits? you have humans in a similar enviroment to Earth for an unknown number of years (at least this is what the covenant believes), the possibility of pathogens evolving differently than in Earth is not negible
There's also the byproducts of the alien flora and fauna being dangerous to humans
>>
>>82954211
>I need to suck Ridley's dick because hes the best director in the world
>Prometheus is a perfect movie, scientists don't wear protective gear when dealing with foreign microbes
>>
File: wat.jpg (99KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
99KB, 500x700px
>Dan O'Bannon's face when he hears what happened to the Alien universe
>>
>Hey guys, should I tell you that thing that looks like two hands grabbed my face and introduced something in my throat? no? ok
>>
>>82954290
I still wonder if they would have the suits if this was a one way trip
>>
>>82954240

or they could use practical props like they did in Aliens or any movie before CGI/being lazy became the standard.
>>
>>82954211
oh man i love all the cool quotes ridley used, im gonna go home and read ozymandias and become enlightened
>>
File: 1462460012885.jpg (104KB, 361x446px) Image search: [Google]
1462460012885.jpg
104KB, 361x446px
>>82954180
You clearly are. The aliens are purely fictional with no scientific basis, there's no way the crew of the Covenant could have predicted something like that would be on the planet, because it's not natural, as you just explained.

Regular microbes would pose no threat to them, so there's no reason for them to wear suits other than caution bordering on paranoia. They just happened to stumble upon a planet with a biological super weapon.
>>
I hope we get a directors cut of this and I REALLY hope we get a directors cut of Prometheus either this year or next.
>>
>>82954290
>The planet is 99% like Earth according to them
Weren't they referring to the atmosphere and general conditions and not life?
>>
>>82954317
isn't he ded?
Honsestly Anything after Alien was a mistake.
>>
>>82954331
They fixed the ship sails, they HAD to have suits.
>>
>>82954352
Unlike Prometheus, where the writing and dialogue was fundamentally broken and retarded, this one actually could benefit from an extended cut like his Kingdom of Heaven.
>>
>>82954340
did you intentionally reply to me?
>>
>>82954371
Also, I get you have magnet boots but no harness attached to the ship at all? wtf
>>
>>82954347
Maybe you should, if you think literally quoting that poem was the extent of it.
>>
>>82954351
yet the planet has earth flora, the spacecraft didnt detect that, so clearly it has limitations

they should have turned back the moment they saw plants but no signs of life everywhere, what a giant red flag
>>
>>82954331
>going on a space mission to an unvisited planet in order to terraform and colonise it
>would they have space suits
>>
>>82954371
space suits, yes. I mean like actual biosuits.
>>
>>82954259
This. David had to have done something when messing with his wound. Either that or he could detect the alien inside of him when saying it.

I'm betting it was the facehugger attaching for 10 seconds was enough to shoot it's chest burster down his stomach without anyone knowing though.
>>
>>82954367
I still like the whole hive concept with drones, a queen and all that. It's great and frightening.
>>
>>82954423
Those are the same thing
>>
>>82952456
Sooooo, what happened to Walter? Did he died?
>>
File: 1462070852826.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1462070852826.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Reading the previous thread and this one they seem to follow the movie very closely. Starts off pretty civil and sane and slowly descends into retarded autism with a few good posts. The only thing I'm waiting for is for Fassbender to post his kraut cock with a smaller cock jutting out of the peehole.
>>
>>82954414
>DUDE THE MOVIE SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED LMAO
Sad.
>>
File: 51659-NeoMorph_2.jpg (670KB, 892x1300px) Image search: [Google]
51659-NeoMorph_2.jpg
670KB, 892x1300px
the NECA neomorph is up for preorder now. I guess this is the deleted scene version.
>>
>>82953947
>The CGI in that scene was fucking incredibly too

It was subpar for a triple A film. It will age like shit.
>>
>>82954410
you think he was being subtle? couldn't go more than 20 min without mentioning some shit about gods and byron
>>
>>82954468
thats not an excuse to have collective down syndrome

i know you like sucking dick but cmon
>>
>Honey, want to build a classic log cabin along the lake?
>Sure, but did you forget about the glass megadome to insulate us from unknown alien fauna. Also we have to use faux-wood paneling to keep the seals.
NO, BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW ALIEN DISEASES WORK
>>
>>82954202
Faggot.
>>
>>82954481
>for a triple A film
You realise this had like a 100 mil budget? That's really quite low in this day and age, even shitter tier Marvel movies have 150 - 200 million budgets.
>>
>>82954449
I mean like a non space biosuit, though even if they have a few spacesuits, what would the strategy be if the original planet was contaminated and they couldn't go home? They couldn't have had 2000 of them, and they would run out of air. Also if scans didn't reveal the spores and shit, all wearing the suits would accomplish is slowing down an inevitable contamination, they would go out, not see shit, return.
>>
>>82954496
you're comparing a exoplanet they have studied and vetted for years vs one that randomly popped out of nowhere with human singing
>>
>>82954486
>byron
That was just for the lgbt crowd.
>>
>>82954532
this
>>
>>82954476
What do you mean? What's different between this and the movie version? The mouth? I personally hope we get a sideshow statue of the Neomorph, I love the design
>>
>>82952499
Shut the fuck up you fucking cum cannon
>>
>>82954545
>implying Byron isn't one of the greatest poets ever to live
Fuck off retard
>>
>>82954476
The scene where David stands face to face with the neomorph would've been a lot better if it looked like that. Fuck. reminds me of Pumpkinhead, which I love.
>>
Is "everyone died because they were stupid" kino?
>>
so, is this movie worse than resurrection?
>>
>>82954633
nothing is worse then resurrection
>>
>>82954596
Yeah Ridley added him in because he was one of the greatest poets to ever live. Sure.
>>
>>82954525
They would definitely have some also decontainment procedures

>>82954612
Its definitely more kino that retarded people surviving
>>
>>82954655
prometheus and covenant are
>>
>>82954633
>not made by our lord and savior Joss
>has gross homofag mans instead of QT yuri girls
Yes
>>
>>82954660
decontaminate what? What I mean is if they land on the other planet, and it has some shit they could not detect, at some point they will think it is safe and go out without suits.
>>
>>82954660
ended well. worlds most inept astronauts get whats coming to them.
>>
File: IMG_6606.jpg (241KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6606.jpg
241KB, 1040x1300px
>>82954476
>>82954566
I prefer this version. His mouth looks like an anus. Very giger-esque
>>
File: Creature-Pack1.jpg (168KB, 904x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Creature-Pack1.jpg
168KB, 904x1300px
NECAmorph also comes with a backburster version of itself and an extra head if you want the puckered anus mouth.

there's an "accessory pack" with 2 eggs, 2 stages of backburster growth and Lil Chesta with his arms down by his sides instead of up in the air, unless the little version is bendy.
>>
Honestly the whole movie is crutched on the fact that they changed course on a spontaneous whim from Billy Crudup's character, it was a fucking cop out.

I also HATE how it took place in 2108, fucking 80 years away from now there will colonization of different galaxies? Logical fallacy!!! I can't get over it!!
>>
>>82954658
Why else would he add him you meme-spouting fuck? He fits Davids character extremely well; hell, Davds entire character is made up of creators and artists so no wonder he's one himself.
>>
>>82954730
This looks like $2 store shit.
>>
Aren't neutrinos harmless to us? I thought they pass through all matter since they are so fucking small. Can't see how that would fuck up the space Santa Maria ship sails, let alone anything else.
>>
>>82954704
You decontaminate everytime you go back this is standard procedure when dealing with disease/radiation/unknown danger in real life
>>
this movie is the perfect example of why we cant have nice things.

if reddit had kept shut, we would have had a decent movie.
>>
>>82954792
ridlley is reddit
>>
File: 7c6.png (202KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
202KB, 600x700px
>>82954405
This is one thing that really griped me about this movie. How the hell are they gonna be working out in space with no harness?
>>
>>82954770
It comes in a pack w/ a bunch of other stuff. The pack is $20 so you're not wrong, it's probably worth $4-$5. Still cool though, but I'm an alienfag
>>
every decesion in this movie boggles me

why was james franco hired to die off in the first minute?
>>
so nobody else in the crew other than Roundy's Sigourney Weaver thought that making a pit stop at le random planet was a bad idea. thanks captain cuck.
>>
>>82954815
That was probably the best decision they made when creating this movie desu
>>
File: 1-prometheus-Crucified.jpg (1MB, 1400x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1-prometheus-Crucified.jpg
1MB, 1400x1018px
>>82952456
The Engineers created Jesus Christ (a special sort of Alien) 2,000 years ago and sent him down to Earth to teach humans secret knowledge and to enlighten their souls but humanity killed him.

The Engineers stopped creating Aliens until David (symbolic of Satan) was created by man and he took the forumula of the Aliens and used it for evil. Instead of creating Aliens that were meant to be intelligent like Jesus Christ, he made them to be dumb and simply killing machines.

There was war on the Engineers home planet between David and a giant mutated Engineer.

Both of them died but the giant Engineer died by David infecting him with a chest burster and he crashed his ship on LV-426.
>>
>>82954780
again, you are missing my point. The plan for the colonists is to land on an Earth-like planet that scanned and looked clean. They would land and then go out and build their home. Even if they sent a small team out to check the area first, in spacesuits, that team would not have detected it either, they would return, the scans showing the same shit they saw before, and then proceed to colonize. So unless you have 2000 space suits in storage, and plan on never going outside without one during or after terraforming the area, they would eventually be infected.
>>
File: Black_In_Public_Facebook.jpg (1MB, 1742x646px) Image search: [Google]
Black_In_Public_Facebook.jpg
1MB, 1742x646px
>>82954744
>fucking 80 years away from now there will colonization of different galaxies?

More like this century.
>>
File: Covenant-Group1.jpg (931KB, 941x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Covenant-Group1.jpg
931KB, 941x1300px
>>82954770

it's like 2 inches tall
>>
>>82954848
Satan doesn't want to destroy the human race, he wants to corrupt them and create hell on earth
>>
>>82954848
This is the dumbest fucking theory.
>>
File: GoodJesus3-web.jpg (81KB, 750x1257px) Image search: [Google]
GoodJesus3-web.jpg
81KB, 750x1257px
>>82954792
If the audience kept their mouth shut, we would have had this movie be made which was Ridley's original idea
>>82954848

Far more compelling than "GENERIC ALIEN HORROR MOVIE"
>>
>>82954870
WE WUZ ENGINEERS N SHIIIEEEETTT
>>
>>82954815
"yo ridley can u get my boy danny a role in ur sick new alien movie?"
"haha f-for sure franco-kun... y-you're coming too right?"
"yeah here's a video of me rock climbing"
>>
>>82952657
You don't even know how vaccinations work retard.
>>82953017
I really quite liked his character, but I did get somewhat triggered during that scene. Still, it's fitting that the religious guy ends up giving birth to the nightmare.
>>82953047
>I need to have my hand held every step of the way because I'm a spoiled millenial idiot
Kys my man.
>>82953543
No they wouldn't because those chemicals are not in the gas phase in earth-like conditions.
>Even the fucking alien itself being able to use human bodies for reproduction disproves your imbecilic hypothesis
Literal retard confirmed. It's explicitly stated that the black good is designed to infect animals. It's literally a WEAPON, not natural flora.
>Also you could get fucked up by your own immunity system freaking the fuck out
No you couldn't unless your immune system has already "catalogued" a particular allergen as allergenic.
>>82953958
It died during the grass attack.
>>82953992
>District 9 was a fluke
Given that District 9 sucked I wouldn't say it was a fluke.
>>82954019
I know right. This guy wants Alien Covenant to be The Andromeda Strain. Alien has never been hard sci-fi.
>>
>>82954812
>>82954874
Ah that's not so bad.
>>
>>82954863
Long term you can deal with diseases etc by researching them just like you would on earth, unless its ultra murderous like the ALIEN you also can stop spread of shit by having proper procedures in place.

On a different note Tbh the aliens are getting weaker every movie it's just the people making progressively more idiotic decisions
>>
>>82954863
No, the planet they wanted to colonize (Ariga or whatever was called) had to be studied, proved and scanned add nauseam over the course of years, the planet in Covenant had nothing of that it was just a "our 5 min quick scan says it's more or less fine, seems legit, no need for any other preventive measure"
>>
>>82954713
>his
Nice gender assumption right there faggot. Why don't you let the neomorph decide its own gender?
>>
>>82953958
When Dumb bitch #2 was firing her gun off everywhere in the ship she hit some fuel/explosive shit. When the ship explodes you can see it fucking scurry right out and makes a hard left into the fields.

Didn't they actually kill one in the fields, while the other died to the captain?
>>
>>82954911
but ridley realized it was too on the nose and ditched it.
still, promethus is very much so an ancient alien movie, and jesus being an engineer is haevily implied.
>>
File: 14805_Neomorph-Scaler2.jpg (95KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
14805_Neomorph-Scaler2.jpg
95KB, 1040x1300px
hahaha what the fuck
>>
File: Prometheus_Collector's_Edition.jpg (400KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus_Collector's_Edition.jpg
400KB, 1500x1500px
>>82954899
>This is the dumbest fucking theory.
Is it? How else do you explain an Alien/Deacon statue in Prometheus before the events of the first Alien created by David?

Ridley said in the making of Prometheus documentary that he liked the idea that the Engineers created an Alien and people called him Jesus and they killed him 2,000 years ago.

Not joking, if you bothered to ACTUALLY study the making of Prometheus and the ideas that were put forth then you would understand that yes Ridley did at one moment in time want this idea to actually happen on screen.
>>
>>82954987

>Didn't they actually kill one in the fields, while the other died to the captain?

no, it fucked off when David shot the flare.
>>
>>82954476
>>82954713
>>82954730
>>82954874
I've never been into toys but I'm seriously considering getting a neomorph. They were just so sweet/horrible.
>>
What word did Tennessee absolutely butcher? I remember thinking that it was perfect, in character mistake, but I can't remember which word.
>>
>>82954955
someone would eventually get sick though, and depending on the virus, it could wipe them out. Also, I don't mind the aliens being weaker, it would make sense in my opinion, the xeno we see in the original films is supposed to be the end result

>>82954972
They wouldn't know from scanning that far, its implied when they first scanned this planet and remarked that its conditions are as good as the best estimates of the original destination. Which means they didn't know exactly what the planet would be like
>>
>>82955043
IONOSPHERE
>>
>>82954972
it's the half assed writing like this that showed up nonstop in Prometheus that killed it. Why the fuck would you half ass the writing in a outside the box sci fi film. Put all your eggs in the writing first and half ass everything else, you might have a decent movie. Prometheus, Alien:covenant - all visual, aesthetic masturbation, incomplete concept development . very little substance
>>
>>82953488
You are forgetting that the planet was inhabited by engineers who created us, fixed your problems now move along.

Also how David's hair grow when he robot?

How did David create the eggs?

How do the eggs get on to engineer ship in Alien if they are Davy boys creation?
>>
>>82955061
>>>82954955 (You)
>someone would eventually get sick though, and depending on the virus, it could wipe them out.

This could happen on earth too doesnt mean that you dont take all the precautions you can
>>
>>82955017
The deacon at the end of Prometheus isn't the only deacon that has ever existed. It's possible that they've infected another humanoid before and gotten the same results.

Are you implying that Jesus was a deacon or engineer like being?
>>
>>82955116
plague capsules, not eggs
>>
>>82955034
It's a slippery slope. Do it though, it's a really fun hobby.
>>
>>82954730
>Lil Chesta
I support this name

>with his arms down by his sides instead of up in the air
Sacrilege
>>
>>82955067
Oh yeah, thank you.
>>
File: 1494509640704.gif (1MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494509640704.gif
1MB, 320x200px
>>82952524
She was a good character dammit!
>>
>>82955125
I would have preferred if the film had more, my only point is that it would be needless to have it from a meta point of view. At some point this shit would have happened.
>>
File: GONNA FLYYYY NOWWWWWW.jpg (28KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
GONNA FLYYYY NOWWWWWW.jpg
28KB, 333x499px
>>
File: 1492525401076.png (84KB, 171x208px) Image search: [Google]
1492525401076.png
84KB, 171x208px
>>82952795
>>
>>82953918
THIS
>>
>>82955217
Oh sure if they actuallt tried to colonise the alien infested planet they'd be fucked

They couldve maybe survived though if they wore spacesuits so that one guy doesnt get it in his ear after stepping into alien shit and the bearded retard can't go around sniffing spores. Also would require them to realise some horrific shit is going on there and also to GET THE FUCK OFF the planet ASAP
>>
>>82955127
Deacon, Rabbi, same thing.
>>
>>82953189
This
>>
The shower scene... baka. What the fuck is this cheese shit man.

Jet Li style kung fu fighting on another planet

What the hell man, this was some plan 9 from outer space tier concept writing covered in fake rhinestones. Ridley Scott you can't fool me you 80 year old bastard
>>
>>82955357
shower sex was completely justified dont get mad cuz the hottest chick got BLACKED
>>
When i first saw that big plaza full of scorched crawling bodies i thought someone actually nuked the planet from the orbit

was dissapointed when i saw the weird david bio attack
>>
File: 6HefQmj.png (498KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
6HefQmj.png
498KB, 640x960px
>>82955393
>>
>>82955144
Nope the eggs in the original Alien movie
>>
>>82955224
kek!
>>
File: XenomorphXX121.png (864KB, 640x820px) Image search: [Google]
XenomorphXX121.png
864KB, 640x820px
>>82955292
literally the perfect organism
prove me wrong
>>
>>82953802
Nah, they were welcoming their warriors returning from a successful mission.
>>
watched the last dinner video again since i just saw the movie and its silly how they forshadowed franco's death
>you feelin alright?
>nah, im burning up, gunna go to sleep early
>>
>>82952456
So in the next movie, David will turn himself into a host in order for the biomechanical OG xenomorph to be born?
And he will end up being the OG elephantman pilot that the Nostromo finds?
>>
https://youtu.be/swP7OAKMDGk?t=102

some Wop got Billy Crudup to explain the part about the Devil (~1:40 if the embed fags up)
>>
>>82955448
spores, man
>>
File: Alien Covenant Scene.webm (2MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Covenant Scene.webm
2MB, 1280x534px
>tfw to intelligent to understand about the creation of humanity so let me kill all the creators
>>
>>82955586
"the devil was his grandfather who umm.."
raped him
>>
So did david create the spores that put xeno eggs in people, or did he find spores on the planet and just improve them through science?
>>
David was extremely emotional, showing human reactions to a multitude of situations, yet was ultimately corrupt and evil

Walter lacked emotions and was far more human than David

Hmmmmmmm
>>
>>82955750
David was just a Hammer Horror version of dr. Frankenstein.
>>
>>82955725
Knowing that David annihilated the race that was living on the planet, and also experimenting for a decade with the black goo, I was led to believe he planted the spores, in hopes he would infect any visitors. and his reaction to the neomorph sort of proved that...
>>
>>82955750
David is slowly becoming more and more human because he wants to be human. Humans are corrupt and evil.

Walter lacks emotion, and is thus the perfect synthetic as he acts and thinks logically. That's not human.

David is a representation of humanity
>>
Why didnt they just fly up to space instead of the girl goign onto the deck and trying to fight it??
>>
>>82955199
She really was a worth successor to Ripley.

>>82955321
The black goo wiped out all life in the Animalia kingdom. including mircobes.

Also, you wear a space suit to preven *you* from contaminating a planet, not the other way around.
>>
the gore and action was pretty good in this movie, but there some questionable cgi (the first neomorph cracking the glass, wtf?)
>>
>>82955885
Actually, the main reason for wearing a space suit is so you don't choke and die.
>>
>>82955899
agreed. i really liked the part where the neo chomped off that chick's head tho
>>
>Cut the whole crew having one last drink before cryosleep scene.
>Cut the whole Shaw & David scenes entirely.
>Cut out the "Muther where is it" scene.
What other scenes did they cut out?
>>
MAKE A NEW THREAD RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>82952746

Would confuse normies about why David loved Shaw but also killed her for her eggs
>>
>>82956022
This film was just way too fucking short.
>>
>>82955941
Really? No shit fuck face.
>>
>>82954730
>2 stages of backburster growth

No, it's an open egg, closed egg, facehugger, Protomorph baby, and larger Neomorph baby. The smaller Neomorph baby comes with the larger one.
>>
>>82956022
Cryosleep damages your brain.
The deepest lore.
>>
I wonder if Tennessee and Daniels remembered to get rid of the dead bodies before they went into hypersleep.
>>
>>82955829
>humans are corrupt and evil

Humans are capable of empathy and understanding. David does what he does in spite of the pain he causes. Walter, meanwhile, adheres to a sense of duty and understanding of his fellow man.
>>
>>82956212
David and Walter sitting in a ship F-U-C-K-I-N-G
>>
File: alien peperection.jpg (44KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
alien peperection.jpg
44KB, 640x623px
>>82953981
molecular acids do that. not even trying to be a dick look them up on wikipedia for an interesting read
>>
>>82956212
They both have human like qualities, but they juxtapose each other in that they're complete opposites. Maybe together they reflect humanity.
>>
>>82953062
it was the food of the previous civilization
>>
>>82956361
There's no such thing as "molecular acids". God why are you millenials so fucking awful?
>>
>>82956550
All acids are molecular.
>>
So what's next after Covenant, a sequel or another prequel?
>>
>>82956550
>I hate millennials, waaaaah
T. 30 year old millennial. Fuck off
>>
>>82953488
We actually don't know this for sure. There are many different theories on the matter that are all, as of right now, equally viable. The common sense approach would be to treat any foreign environment with extreme caution. Why risk it when there is compelling evidence that certain pandemics, like the Black Plague, may have extraterrestrial origins?
>>
>>82956067
It was 2 hours but honestly felt too short. The ending happened so abruptly and rushed once they got back into space. It should've taken at least 10 more minutes to get rid of the Xeno on the ship.
>>
>>82956737
>Why risk it when there is compelling evidence that certain pandemics, like the Black Plague, may have extraterrestrial origins?
Oh my fucking god. Am I on fucking /x/?
>>
>>82956783
Extraterrestrial as in from outer space retard. Organisms and bacteria can reach earth via meteorite.
>>
>>82954454
Underrated gold
>>
File: giorgio 01.jpg (24KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
giorgio 01.jpg
24KB, 461x403px
>>82956783
>>82956737
>>
>>82956632
Sequel has all ready been announced.
>>
>>82955116
>Also how David's hair grow when he robot?
pretty sure he'd have natural cells that would grow hair
>>
>>82956825
Not sure if you're trying to troll me or if I'm actually replying to somebody who's mentally disabled.
>>
>>82955725
I believe the spores when released in the initial attack then would have spread all over the planet, killing any animal life forms, and also reproducing through creating those spore nests.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.