[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: babylon5.jpg (68KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
babylon5.jpg
68KB, 1024x768px
What does /tv/ think of this show?
>>
it looks like there are babylon six of them
>>
>>82584871
The cheap production value always turned me off. Been meaning to give it another shot but just havent gotten around to it.
>>
>>82584871

>One of the show's main villain's is a authoritarian president who exploits to increase his power and his ultimately and is brought down by a multi-cultural coalition.

They would probably hate it.
>>
>>82584965
Yeah, the dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present
>>
>>82584871
> I see a great hand reaching out of the stars. The hand is your hand. And I hear sound; the sounds of billions of people calling your name.
>>
File: walton-goggins-hateful-eight.jpg (49KB, 745x395px) Image search: [Google]
walton-goggins-hateful-eight.jpg
49KB, 745x395px
>>82585025
W-what does Lincoln have to do with it?
>>
>>82585176
muh followers?
>>
CGI has not aged well at all but if you can look past it, one of the best written sci-fi series. Creators planned the entire story from the get go so the plot is always moving and everything, i mean EVERYTHING, matters up till the last second.
>>
reminder the entire series is available for free on go90, verizon's streaming site.
https://www.go90.com/shows/babylon5
>>
>>82584871
best buds & buds chill show
b squared is epic
>>
>>82587520
>Sheridan: Who asked you to play God?
>Franklin: EVERY DAMN PATIENT WHO COMES THROUGH THAT DOOR, that's who! People come to doctors because they want us to be gods. They want us to make it better -- or make it not so. They want to be healed and they come to me when their prayers aren't enough. Well, if I have to take the responsibility, then I claim the authority too. I did good. And we both know it. And no-one is going to take that away!
Best written sci-fi series for sure.
>>
>>82587520
>>Creators planned the entire story from the get go so the plot is always moving and everything, i mean EVERYTHING, matters up till the last second.

This meme needs to die.

They sure as shit didnt plan on Sinclair developing uncontrollable schitzophrenia halfway through season one. What JMS was good at was talking to the fans on alt.rec.tv.bablyon5 (usenet kids, look it up) & taking feedback and criticism. Its also based on a bunch of old japanese story tropes so its got that proping it up too.

New Babbers should skip the Michael Harrybaldy get a new Lease episodes after the Mars plotline.. hes insufferable in those.
>>
>>82587724

so he split the sinclair storyline into him and sheridan.. remember at the end of season 1 when sinclair's girlfriend was also exploring mysterious planets?
>>
>>82584871
It was dreadful. Every part of the aesthetic was ugly, the writing was try-hard to overcome a lame universe, and there was a right-wing subtext a mile wide.
>>
>>82587520
The CGI was always dogshit, it established a contempt for CGI period that has never left me.
>>
>>82584871
It changed television as we know it. When a great new series comes out now everyone expects it to have a large continuous story written in advance, but it didn't use to be that way. In the 90s there were no serial dramas at all, except for daytime soap operas. Then Babylon 5 came out and nobody knew what to make of it, but somehow it survived and went on for five years, and then people were like, "whoa, five years this show has been on? what's it like?" And then they binged on a few seasons, but they didn't say "binge" back then because binge-watching hadn't been invented yet. Babylon 5 is what invented it. People making a bag full of recorded VHS tapes and giving it to their friends saying "here watch this." Babylon 5 invented modern television and nobody knows it.
>>
>>82584871
I tried to make a scifi thread like 20 minutes ago but no one has posted. I'm incredibly sad. I'm actually going to watch it after Farscape, I've only ever heard good things.
>>
File: 1471269723453.gif (474KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1471269723453.gif
474KB, 360x270px
>>82589281
it's much better than farscape senpai
https://www.go90.com/shows/babylon5
>>
>>82589281
>>82589804

Oh, god no. Honey.

Watch B5 first and then experience the superiority of Farscape. If you try to do it the other way around, you won't make it through B5.
>>
>>82589207
>In the 90s there were no serial dramas at all, except for daytime soap operas
>>
>>82589281

You should have relentlessly samefagged your post until it picked up, like everyone else does.

B5 is GREAT. - Stay strong through season 1, it's a bit dull but it's worthy
>>
>>82592217
>have to reset IP and clear cache to bump
>clearing cache means having to retick legacy captcha
samefagging is dead and it's the main reason this entire site sucks now
>>
File: shouldnt have done the flashback.png (621KB, 1280x703px) Image search: [Google]
shouldnt have done the flashback.png
621KB, 1280x703px
Its good, we think it good if not great

But these threads always descend into DS9 vs B5 flame wars... only saved by Londo quotes
>>
File: 1330910201002.jpg (42KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1330910201002.jpg
42KB, 399x388px
>>82584871

The Shadows and Vorlon arc basically describes how our world really works.

>mfw our rulers will never go to the outer rim, and leave us alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJT5XBT6oRM
>>
>>82587466
>Your victims
>>
>mfw I just started season 3
This is some serious shit bros

>>82584972
Top kek
>>
>>82590652
>>82588626
Tasteless Tumblr brainlets.

>>>/out/
>>
>>82592217
kys
>>
>>82584972
The Nightwatch remind me a lot of Antifa, actually.

>Paid by government interests to spy on the population and form lynch mobs
>Portrayed in media as a friendly positive influence

One of the things that makes B5's writing so effective is that it's not trying to strawman real-world political happenings. When EarthGov becomes an Orwellian dictatorship, it exhibits both fascist and communist elements.
>>
>>82592700
B5 is the green to DS9's purple. Instead of fighting each other, we should work together to combat our true enemy: /who/
>>
File: babylon 5 fighting.png (555KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
babylon 5 fighting.png
555KB, 853x480px
>>82584871
Fuck this show. I was told if I suffered through the first season it would get a lot better it didn't

Some scenes were okay, mostly the ones where Babylon 5 used its weapons systems. I think when Earth tried to invade and when the Centauri warship attacked the station. Other than that, it felt like a cheap ripoff of Star Trek.

I did like the characters, even though the acting was horrible in some spots. I don't even know how that's possible. Like the fight scenes were fucking awful, especially when the Minbari were getting into a fighting stance. It looked like a little boy practicing what he thinks is karate. I felt they masterfully did a great job on the time-travel shit, the whole Babylon 4 thing and then traveling to the future. The Shadow War ended too soon, then it just went down hill.
>>
File: tmp_26640-Logan971952390.jpg (17KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26640-Logan971952390.jpg
17KB, 336x336px
>>82584871
Let me know when you're ready to watch a real sci-fi space show.
>>
>>82588626
>rightwing subtext
lolwut? Are you confusing a military culture with being rightwing. The first captain was a major leftist, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but he was. Remember the episode where each race was supposed to share their planet's dominate religion? When it came time for Earth, he had a line of people like 200 long and introduced everyone from Jews to some weird African witch doctor shit. Sheridan literally racemixed with an alien, and Sinclair became another race all together.
>>
>>82593711
> watching fucking day time tv nonsense with low budget puppets
lol
>>
File: tmp_26640-maxresdefault751227907.jpg (61KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26640-maxresdefault751227907.jpg
61KB, 1920x1080px
>>82593740
>low budget puppets
>Faracape

Apply yourself
>>
Plot is good but there are tons of filler episodes and a lot of the characters especially the shellheads are insufferable.
>>
>>82593783
> couldn't afford NASA logo
kkejk
>>
>>82587724
He had written outs for every character while he was writing the story. They were prepared for unavoidable situations. They did it two more times with the telepath (forget her name) and ivanova.
>>
>>82593799
I thought the Centuri and the Minbari were the same race for the first few episodes. But I didn't feel there were too many characters. The problem for me was they switched a few of the actors out from the pilot to the second episode.

The story is good, but a lot of it is awful and cheesy. I think Mass Effect borrowed a lot of their ideas from Babylon 5, it's almost the same exact story.
>>
>>82593857
its basically lord of the rings in space, thats why it feels so familiar.
>>
>>82593875
Yeah, I can see that. Although it felt Mass Effect was very much based on Babylon 5.
>different races meeting on a space station
>a shadowy and ancient enemy emerges with intentions on destroying the galaxy, but no one believes it's real at first
>a commander with the initials JS tries to unite warring aliens to fight this threat while fucking an alien
>the race that doesn't want to participate is a reptilian like race with tribal and a primitive culture that feels like another race destroyed them, and wants to rise again to take revenge
>jump gates
>a human organization rises that wants to put Earth first
>JS eventually unites all the races and leads them to victory, but not before the enemy tries to convince JS what they are doing is right
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjIlqrAfbbg

Absolute Kino
>>
>>82593969
Whos ware the reapers ?
>>
>>82594234
They were the Shadows in Babylon 5
>>
>>82587599
that is cheesy as fuck dude
>>
>>82593717
>all right wingers are racial separatists
>>>/r/eddit
>>
I really didn't like the Israeli-Palestinian conflict parallel in the show, it was so shoehorned.
>>
File: fish.webm (949KB, 460x458px) Image search: [Google]
fish.webm
949KB, 460x458px
>>82584915
>>
>>82594644
are their almonds being activated?
>>
>>82592080
Was a nighttime soap opera.
>>
>>82587520
Season 5 seemed forced. It seems it should have ended Season 4 with that guy watching humanity through those vids and it talked about the Telepath War.
>>
>>82584915
You can't count, because there are seven characters on the screen.
>>
>>82594904

It looked like season 4 was going to be the last until TNT came in and renewed it for a season five.
>>
>>82584871
seeing just this clip doesn't do much but if you have watched everything leading up to it then it becomes very powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYloWBP79ro
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.