[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 18

File: 1493625517390.jpg (34KB, 620x361px) Image search: [Google]
1493625517390.jpg
34KB, 620x361px
Final day to discuss GotG 2 free of amerifats.
rip yondu
>>
free of adults too!
>>
>>82371825
I'm 27 years old
>>
BvS was better
>>
awful. Ive never seen a film more catered to boneidle fans.
>entire intro is DUDE BABY GROOT LMAO dancing to ELO in a juxtaposition of ongoing background violence
>forced romance
>another forced romance
>laziest plot of 'Im going to shoot you now because you gave my Mother a tumour because reasons'
>>
>>82372080
I wouldn't call the Peter/Gamora romance forced it was there since v1.

Also there's nothing wrong with a villain just being a dick.

But I agree Baby Groot was the cancer killing the movie and if teen Groot is in 3 it's gonna be a huge clusterfuck
>>
>>82371858
only physically my friend!
>>
>>82372080
>entire intro is DUDE BABY GROOT LMAO dancing to ELO
What does this even mean. Saying "DUDE X" isn't a criticism. Can't you speak normally? Has this website stunted your brain that much?

>laziest plot of 'Im going to shoot you now because you gave my Mother a tumour because reasons'
She was distracting him from his terraforming bs, so he iced her. What's hard to understand about that?
>>
>>82372213
Why are you vehemently defending shitty writing?
>>
>first 10 minutes is baby groot dancing
>it has no plot just stuff happening just because
>best character killed off for shock value
>baby groot and drax still alive and quipping
Piece of shit /10
>>
>Disney forced the death of Yondu
>Now James Gunn will have to make a third installment without Rooker
might aswell ask Scorsese to make a film without DeNiro i.e. utter shit.
>>
File: GARGAL2013014.jpg (1MB, 1200x828px) Image search: [Google]
GARGAL2013014.jpg
1MB, 1200x828px
>>82371816
GOTG will be better when Venom is in it.
>>
>>82372325
Pretty much, the only good things about the movie was the visuals and the soundtrack
>>
File: feels-guy-twitter.jpg (26KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
feels-guy-twitter.jpg
26KB, 511x428px
> I'M MARY POPPINS YA'LL
>>
>>82372375
> implying Sony will give venom up
>>
File: 14910876171750.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
14910876171750.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>82371816
I thought it was alright

would see again
>>
>>82372412
>is he a cool guy?
>yes
>IM A MARY POPPIN YA ALL
>>
Too much Baby Groot shit, but seeing teenage Groot at the end was pretty cool.

Batista laughing all the time was played out but still somehow funny every time.

EGO is a celestial but gets bodied by a bunch of goons before he has his super powered show down with Peter, fucking why? He's a living god on his planet and he couldn't fuck them all up and had to reconstitute his form which took about 5 minutes?
>>
>>82371816
Maybe redox it.
>>
>>82371816
wym free of amerifats?

movie has been out for 3 days here
>>
>>82372773
Ego isn't a Celestial, he just thought he was, hence the name "ego"
>>
>>82372870
That makes sense, what the fuck is he then?
>>
>>82372853
Bullshit, its out may 5th
>>
>>82372920
In the comics he was the result of a scientist merging with a planet when that planet's sun went nova, don't know about the mcu, but he definitely isn't a celestial, we're going to see celestials in thor 3 though
>>
>>82372271
They're criticising shitty writing as far as I can tell.
>>
>>82372363

Do you mean DiCaprio?

DeNegro has 0 credibility left. His career will be remembered as a 20 year long span of shit comedies.
>>
>>82372967
This is incorrect.
Ego once told Thor he was a scientist that merged with a planet. And Ego told the Silver Surfer he was an Elder of the Universe. Both have been revealed to be lies. The Stranger created Ego, and Alter-Ego, for that matter. The Elders used Ego as a base, but he is not one of them. Just by definition, an Elder of the Universe has to be the last surviving member of their race. Ego has no race because he is unique. And none of the Celestials are Elders
>>
Gotg 1 was a better movie
>>
>>82373285
Shit taste faggot
>>
If Marvel doesn't have the rights to the X-men for movies, how are they going to explain the Inhumans when they get around to that?
>>
I don't want to see this movie but I might have to.

First one was incredibly cringey what with the dog going "oh yeah" while fingering the gun and other similar crap. I hope this is different but I know it's not.
>>
>>82373758
If you hated the cheesy jokes you're not going to enjoy this one, I did laugh though
>>
>>82373758
Why do so many anons hate fun?
>>
>>82374089
This is reddit this is memes this is reddit this is memes
>>
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>82373758
its a better movie overall. lots of feelings going on with peter and his dad, gamora and her sister, and a nice touching moment where drax remembers his daughter

its also a bit more contained. most of the movie happens on Ego so it just feels a bit better structured.
>>
>>82374803
No it's not, rewatch gotg 1, it's a much better movie
>>
>>82372773
Batista was literally the best part about this movie. He's so off the wall strange that it gets you every time. Especially when he told Mantis she could pet his pet rat.
>>
>>82375086
>Batista was literally the best part about this movie
did he talk at all? I just thought he communicated through hearty laughs
>>
>>82374089
I genuinely liked the second one more than I did the first. The first was them in prison, then they were in the Celestial head, then they were going after what's his face but was in the company of who gives a crap. This one's a lot simpler, and the fun's dialed up. I loved the Ravagers scenes, the ones who was against ourguy, in especially when Rocket made fun of him. Best part is when Yondu smiled at Rocket. Rocket's retort made me spill.
>>
it is a bad movie but pirates of the caribbean trailer was pretty cool
>>
>>82375122
He did. He spoke about the mating practices of his world, and the thing about Batista is how he looks at Mantis or when he's seeing something that has him puzzled or when he's cued in on something. He's a great actor, that guy.
>>
>>82375181
>he liked the Taserface scene
opinion permanently and forevermore disregarded
>>
>>82371816
It was good. Expect everyone so behave like these people in Samurai Jack threads who are angry at being given more of the same of something they loved.
>>
>>82375181
> taserface
> /our guy/
>>
>>82375188
shit taste confirmed
>>
>>82375648
being this stupid
>>
Yondu > drax > rocket

Refute this
>>
>>82371816
Did Drax make a gurren lagann reference in the final fight in english version (during the final fight)? He did in the russian dub.
>>
So all discussion is going to be ruined with amerifats shitposting? well it was a fun short ride
>>
>>82371816
Don't forget to pull the anger on the critic: >>82375790
>>
>>82375342
He is clearly a rëdditer
>>
>>82375860
Yondu > Rocket > Drax

Refuted.
>>
>>82371989
Of course it is.

Also how much post-credit scenes was there?

Why retards calling Stan Lee guy a Watcher when he clearly is just random astronaut. Or it was just retarded way of not spoiling it?

Liked scene where they did multiple jumps before landing on Ego.

Also cinematography looks great, Gunn should direct next Avengers instead of hack brothers.

Volume 1 was better though. At least they didn't kill Ego with dance off this time.

I felt sorry for Ravagers that were thrown into space.
>>
>>82375881
Without a doubt, there will be absolutely no discussion as soon as it premiers in burgernistan
>>
>>82376137

He's not a random astronaut. He talks about how one time he was a fed ex driver. So he works for them and it implies his cameos are all the same guy.
>>
File: 1493893286229-tv.jpg (118KB, 399x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493893286229-tv.jpg
118KB, 399x582px
>>82376184
Whatever. He isn't Watcher. Not one of them.
>>
>>82372271

How is that a vehement defence you sensitive little baby.
>>
Was this the darkest mcu movie? That whorehouse scene didn't feel like it belonged in a pg 13 marvel flick
>>
>>82376147
how many hours until premier? I feel any chance of discussion is gone.
>>
>>82376269
16 hours, every post will resemble
>memeians of the memexy Nu, starring memelord, memewhora, normie trash house plant, 'LOL UNFUNNY RACCOON, MARVEL CANT DO HUUUUMOR' and aspergers dad with social anxiety daughterfu ruined the comics
>>
Is Sylvester gonna get his own movie with the other ravagers like the GotG style movie?
>>
>>82376437
He should, but I doubt it.
>>
>>82376437
His character was actually the leader of the original gotg, they might show up in one of the new avengers flicks
>>
So Stallone is part of classic Guardians Of the Galaxy? With blue guy with Captain America shield (in comics)?

So in the movie it's chink woman with MCU Hella-esque make-up, one big tall nigger, a bunch that I didn't remember and red dude which poses Dr.Strange-like magic (which is actually cool)?
>>
>>82376578
Yep, they don't outright mention it but he's starhawk
>>
>>82376578
>red dude which poses Dr.Strange-like magic
He's Sorcerer Slug or Wizardry Worm
>>
It was better than Doctor Strange but still a very generic quip filled Marvel shitflick
>>
Loved the cameo of Scrat during the jump scenes.
>>
>>82375220
That scene was fukn hilarious
>>
>>82376748
> generic

What? This one seemed like it was the only one that wasn't following marvel's usual formula, I mean, come on, a whore house?
>>
>>82376748
>this comedy movie has jokes it's so shit
>>
>>82372213
>She was distracting him from his terraforming bs, so he iced her. What's hard to understand about that?

It's pretty lazy, and I can even prove it.

OK, so the whole reason for making Ego responsible for Quill's mom's cancer is to reveal him as an evil monstrous fuck of a sentient planet, right? He gave her cancer because he"loved" her and knew he'd abandon his plans and live his life with her or something, or at least be distracted as long as she was alive, right? Well that's a little muddled, don't you think? Her lifetime would be the figurative blink of an eye for a being like him. You could say it's there to show how "Ego" is too self-centered to ever really feel or even understand love, but there's a far simpler way to do that, and it kills two birds with one stone:

What if the mothers of his children just always wither and died?

You know those douchebags with STDs who just can't keep it in their pants? Those guys your hear about with HIV who won't stop having unprotected sex? Those almost literal dickheads who have kids by half a dozen different women and skip out on all of them for the next piece of ass? Make him like that. Make him their god. Let him be one of those heartless, deadbeat dad types who won't stop just because they don't fucking want to. Make him that sleazebag who loved them all "in different ways," and let him justify it to himself by flippantly waving away any guilt by saying, "They're weren't like us, son. They were all dying anyway. I gave each of them a gift, something that made them special. I chose them to mother my children."

I mean, come on. They got Kurt Motherfucking Russel, for Christ's sake. They could have ran with that, but no, all because they can't be assed to give the script just one more draft, just a touch more polish. And don't misunderstand. I'm not saying my idea is better because I'm God's gift to fiction. I'm saying it's better because I at least give enough of a shit to give it a moment's thought.
>>
>>82373366
The Inhumans are the result of Kree experimentation on early humans.
>>
>>82377138
This raises a question about the Kree. If the Captain Marvel movie is about Carol, what's the role of the Kree? They even killed off Ronan already.
>>
>>82377230
For the simplified MCU; probably experimented on her and she's an experiment, possibly even linked to Inhumans.
>>
Will the MCU ever go to the Cancerverse?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-10011
>>
>>82377304
It could have nice visuals like Ant-Man/Strange quantum shit. I'm surprised they didn't make more use of "looks nice, but no chance of being used" in the jump places apart from the 2-3 and Stan Lee we got. Hell, we got Adam Warlock's bio cocoon in Collector's Zoo because Gunn thought it looked cool in the visual art books. I bet he regrets using it now
>>
>>82377367
Jim Starlin's Warlock stuff was the best cosmic Marvel until Annihilation happened though.
>>
Batista's parts were the funniest, also plenty of feels in this movie which tell you more about each character.
My favorite scenes were the playing catch one and the funeral at the end.
>>
>>82376888
The problem was that they quipped every 3 minutes. Things start to get serious and actually dramatic and someone has to kill the mood with some shitty penis joke.
>>
>>82372967
Ego is a Celestial.
>>
>>82376018
This desu.
>>
>>82377230
They're changing her origin because they think it's too close to Green Lantern.
>>
>>82377516
And nobody wants to touch Green Lantern, huh?
>>
>>82377434
Yeah, this was my only real problem with it. Gunn actually does manage to built some genuine emotional weight in certain scenes, but then punctuates them too often with jokes that don't need to be there. It's funny, but I'd rather have the drama intact personally.
>>
>>82377555
Don't know about you gov, but when shit's a bit too heavy i tend to throw it off with a joke. Even if it falls flat I managed to torpedo the feels crap. I don't like feels. Men are not to cry or get overly emotional. We're men so we'll quip until we're free of the need to cry.
>>
>>82377009
This is a pretty good point, I thought having Ego give Peter's mom cancer was way too forced.

There were so many more interesting ways to write the villain than just have him be cartoonishly evil.
>>
>>82377603
>feels

Please fuck off
>>
>>82371816
I hate Marvel/Disney shit. I hate Reddit and quip faggotry.
Guardians 1 was the only capeshit from them that I liked and could endure the levels of Reddit faggotry.
How does 2 compare to the first flick?
>>
>>82377610
It makes perfect sense. And here's why, Peter, out of all the people involved is the only one who could channel celestial power. He did it in the first movie, how and why is because his Dad's an alien, we learned in the second movie what kind of alien his dad was. So there had to be something different about Peter's mom that made him that way. Secondly, Ego's planet is a homage to earth classics so there had to be something about her that got Ego to terraform his world that way.
So with all that being said, Ego being tempted made perfect sense, and him giving her cancer made perfect sense.
>>
>>82377555
Yeah, the movie would actually be better if they cut all the misplaced jokes in dramatic moments.
>>
>>82377639
I guess you're one of those nu-male cry baby bitches who bawls whenever able. I'm a bit more manly than that, happily. You metro-sexual and your feminine sides. Disgusting. I'm all iron and mace here, bruv.
>>
If you didnt laugh at baby groot bringing the wrong items to rocket and blue guy you are clearly very cynical and troubled.

>In b4 shit taste
>>
>>82377716
But not as much sense as >>82377009
>>
>>82377773
it has one of the biggest problems in the movie, it goes on for too long, like taserface (bradley cooper laugh a shit).
The joke would be cool if they had skipped the finger and the desk, it was funny the first 2 or maybe 3 items but it went for too long.
Yondu going madman against the ravagers on the spaceship was one of the best parts of the movie.
>>
>>82377773
it was hilarious, absolutely hilarious. This is an awesome movie. And I hated the hell out of the Shit awakens, even though i found RO palatable, if for nothing else because it was a prequel. But I hated the shit awakens more than anything else.
>>
File: Simon happy.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
Simon happy.gif
2MB, 400x304px
Post yfw the chain by fleetwood mac starts playing
>>
why do redditors whine about baby groot all the time? it was just a harmless joke character the who cares
>>
>>82377892
SQUISHED MY WALKMAN
>>
>>82377941
The trailers are misleading, because I really expected him to be 99% of the movie but he was just there, it felt like the waldo of the movie where you had to constantly look for him.
I liked him, it wasn't super exploited besides the first 10 minutes of the movie.
>>
>>82377610
I don't see why that is cartoonishly evil though. He didn't do it for the sake of being evil, he did it because he loved her and that love risked putting his universe-changing grand plans in jeopardy.
>>
>>82377555
The problem is that the lighthearted bonding/banter moments are indistinct from the drama. We got one scene of group banter after the ship crash, and the rest of the movie was them trying to capture that magic in places where they shouldn't have.

Splitting up the group was a TERRIBLE idea, forced on them by the shitty fucking plot that, without Yondu and Rocket singlehandedly saving just by being somewhere else doing something else, would have been an utter snoozefest of a move.
>>
>only a few more hours free of shitposting

thursday previews start in a few hours on the east coast
>>
>>82377838
>when the gold lady laughs at taserface as he sends out his final message

cracked me up
>>
>Anyone got any tape
>will scotch tape do?

>still doesnt have any scotch tape just wondered if it will do

great scene lads
>>
Honestly, the movie is worth seeing just for Rocket alone, they made him even sexier in this one, unf
>>
>>82378829
ROCKET IS NOT FOR LEWD.

He is for platonic adventure fantasies.
>>
>>82378043
For a whole, what, forty more years? How old is Ego again? What's a human lifespan when you're basically immortal? Above and beyond even that, it's just a retarded premise. If he actually felt love for her, there's no way he'd kill her for delaying his plan for a whole forty or fifty years. It wold just make way more sense to make death a side effect of carrying one of his children.

Even then, you can salvage him from being a complete monster by playing up the loneliness angle of him being the only one of his kind. What they gave us instead was a half-baked mess that sort of steps on its own dick.
>>
>>82378715
It's been a good week lads, thor 3 is the next time we get to discuss capeshit amerifat free
>>
>>82378829
I thought he was cute when he was licking himself, no homo
>>
>>82377643
Everything's a lot more in your face. Everything is telegraphed (or rather spoken outright, as literally every character has some scene where they rattle on about themselves), scenes drag on WAY too long overall, especially stupid shit like the intro scene or the tazerface scene, and the movie in general seems totally aimless for the first hour and a quarter.

Some good quips, some good visual gags, if that floats your boat you're good to go.

BTW, a case in point of being made for clueless retards. They show a close-up of the awesome mix vol.2 AT LEAST 4 times in the first two thirds of the movie. What's the point of showing it more than once? We know what Quill's listening to in this movie, move on from this pointless shit.
>>
>>82378850
>>82378945

There's no way his attractiveness wasn't intentional, he just has that sexy glint in his eyes for starters
>>
>>82379004
Badass indeed.

Though I think raccoons are great animals already.

>>82378945
Agreed. Rocket a cute.
>>
>>82376750

I knew it reminded me of something
>>
>>82378880
If he stayed away from his planet with her he'd lose his power you mong.
>>
>>82378829
>>82379004
You got issues, man
>>
>>82375195
i first realized batista was a great actor during his first heel run in 2010

had some god tier moments
>>
>>82376801
ROBOT whore house
>>
Back to plebbit
>>
>>82379301
Nope, his body would wither and die.
>>
>>82379332
If I were Quill, I'd make trying to cuddle with Rocket an unrelenting goal
>>
>>82379511
That's even worse though
There is a Disney franchise that exists with robots in it specifically made for space pirate sex
>>
>>82379627
Did you not see what happened to Mantis?
>>
>>82376379
you forgot the mouseketeer and DCucks accusations shit flying everywhere.
>>
>>82379301
>>82379544

Why would they have to stay on Earth?
>>
>>82375874
Explain I don't remember that
>>
>>82379866
Bad writing
>>
>>82379929
"Believe in me that believes in you" or something to that extent.
>>
>>82380068
No, he said
>You don't have to believe in yourself because I believe in you

pic unrelated
>>
>>82377643
It's Spider-Man 2 to Spider-Man 1
And I prefer Spider-Man 1 as well as Vol.1
>>
>>82375874
Tyт мнoгo pyccких?

У вac тoжe былa хyёвo cлышнa peчь мecтaми?
>>
>>82379698
are you trying to point out something about how even space womens can't do anything right?
>>
>>82378829
Cute as a button but orange looks better on him
FINALLY GETTING A FIGUARTS THO
>>
I thought it was really fucking funny how I went to a 10PM showing of a james gunn movie that people thought they'd bring their fucking children to
>>
How would Silver Surfer fit in MCU if they had the rights for him?
>>
>>82380433
Did anyone walk out?
>>
>>82380540
No idea, I did my best to ignore the crowd because my experience waiting in line was so wretched.
>>
File: wink.gif (1MB, 480x393px) Image search: [Google]
wink.gif
1MB, 480x393px
>>82380399
You wouldn't post hotglue gifs on the internet though, because we all hate those
>>
>>82371816
It sucks.
>>
>>82377643
The pacing is fucked, story is shit (didn't progress the MCU at all), villain is underwhelming despite the fact that it's Kurt Russel, also Stallone only appeared in two scenes.
>>
>>82380603
>$35 base price
>p-bandai
think I'll leave it to someone else if that's okay
>>
>>82376137
>I felt sorry for Ravagers that were thrown into space.

I really liked the weight they put behind them asphyxiating. Considering its a Marvel movie, it was a pretty horrifying scene to have a bunch of manic people laughing as they slaughter their crewmates and friends.
>>
>>82380629
>story is shit (didn't progress the MCU at all)
I wish you people would fucking die.

I for one do not enjoy movies that are two hour advertisements for other movies.
>>
>>82380747
The whole movie has a really high body count desu, and some of them where killed in a ratter gruesome way, like all those ravagers getting stabbed by the arrow.I suppose they got away with it by using saying "they are aliens, so its OK!"
>>
>>82380820
That's not what I meant at all though, for example I liked the ending scene of Dr Strange teaming up with Thor, that's more than enough for me, this movie on the other hand is too self-contained, doesn't even look like it's part of the MCU.
>>
>>82380902
sorry that the movie didn't feature a pointless ten minute fight scene with wing nigger
>>
>>82380902
>this movie on the other hand is too self-contained, doesn't even look like it's part of the MCU.
Probably why it's actually decent. A director who doesn't have executives telling him which characters he has to shoe in and what the plot needs to reveal to fit into the marketing planner likely does a better job.

MCU can go suck a dick. Every second they spend on the MCU is a second they don't spend on the Guardians. They should let the standalone movies be standalone and do all the worldbuilding they want in the Avengers.
>>
>>82381084
I don't care if you have shit opinions, you really can't argue the fact that this movie is worse than the original without looking like a retard.
>>
>>82381143
>you really can't argue the fact that this movie is worse than the original without looking like a retard.
Ehhhhhhh.

My initial impression was that, but having actually gone back and rewatched the first one I think they're pretty close. The first one is definitely better but not necessarily by as much as /tv/ says it is. The humour is definitely more consistent, but there are plenty of cringe moments as well. You forget Rocket posing on top of Groot for like four seconds fingerbanging his gun going "OHHHH YEAH!!!"?

In short, Vol 1 > Vol 2 > Winter Soldier > Iron Man 1 > Everything else by Marvel. For reference, I'd put an actually good sci-fi movie like District 9 as being slightly better than Vol 1, and an actually good movie like Donnie Brasco as being significantly better than Vol 1.
>>
>>82381001
>pym hates the starks
>had ant-man steal stuff from tony
how is this pointless? the fight itself may be underwhelming but the scene deserves its place
>>
>>82375874
More like Gurren Lagan thievery
>>
>>82381235
There's a little pee coming out of me right now.
>>
>>82371816
>literally DANCE OFF BRO xDxD the movie.
First one was pretty good cosmic action comedy. This, although, fucking disgusting trash. Second worst MCU movie right after Thor 2.
>>
>>82381579
Why?
>>
I watched gotg 1 right before this one, and the first one was definitely better
>>
>>82381922
No it wasn't
>>
>>82380820
That's not what we're talking about. You can progress the overarching story through a film's narrative if that story's not a self-contained series of after-credits scenes.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's not necessarily a good thing, either.
>>
>>82371816

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is a perfect example of the decay of modern entertainment. A perfect paradigm of the vapid pop trash our youth is being conditioned to like.

It's not a coincidence that the "comic relief" characters are explicitly retarded: the audience is meant to relate to them.

At least the original Star Wars had a heart, an archetypally powerful message —the Hero’s Journey—, artistry behind its script/cinematography,/soundtrack… but this DisneyMarvel garbage is just getting utterly brainless. Getting us one step closer to Idiocracy.
>>
Can one of you /co/mblr autists redpill me on adam warlock
>>
>>82373099
Explain this for me

Im not a marvel guy

What is an elder
What is a celestial
Who is the stranger
>>
File: vanille.jpg (38KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
vanille.jpg
38KB, 500x318px
It's pretty bad.
Basically all the charm points are rehashed word-for-word from the first one, and the plot is like about weird space shit so they added family themes for people to care, so it's kinda like a family movie except for all the weird sex jokes, and all the plots just sorta fizz out, and then the credits scenes are like a big fuck you, and Stallone is fucking wasted, and holy shit this is the first MCU that I want my money back on, although Civil War was also fairly weak.

This is the end of capekino.
>>
Seriously, Marvel movies are going down the drain and has been since Avengers 2. The quips have inflated a fuckton, and the plots have gotten weaker.

Guardians 2 had so much forced drama, for the sake of it. It went full "ohana means family"
It was fucking cringy at some points
>>
Kylo Ren kills his father, Han Solo
>>
>>82382519
*tips thesaurus*
>>
>>82382519
>Everything nowadays is trash
>It was better back in my day

People like you have existed since time immemorial
>>
>>82382868
Delet this
>>
>>82382534
Adam Warlock is basically magical, cosmically-fueled space David Bowie. He's both a badass and a thinker, sort of Batman meets the Silver Surfer.

>>82382645
Elders are surviving members of ancient intelligent species that through a combination of knowledge and, for lack of a better word, meme magic, become immortal. They're almost all energy manipulators of some form or another in the comics.

Celestials are an inter-dimensional species of space gods that are pretty much the most powerful beings in existence. The Asgardian pantheon would struggle to so much as scratch their heaviest hitters. They travel the universe conducting experiments on primitive planets, testing the the viability and potential of the native life. On worlds with intelligent life, they'll often gift the world with its full potential, if latently, and come back every few thousand years to check on progress. If they judge those gifts to have been squandered, they can and will destroy the planet.

The Stranger is basically a rogue abstract being that's more a concept than a physical being. He could have been the fourth aspect of the Living Tribunal if he'd so chosen, but his very nature precludes that from ever happening. He's sort of like a Celestial in that he's fascinated with developing planets and seeks out beings of great potential to study them. He's extremely powerful, pretty much on par with Galactus, though I'd hesitate to put him in the same league with the Celestials.
>>
>>82382975
I want to spoil movie until all americans cry

The Rebels all die.
>>
>>82383022
So Ego is not a celestial, but ALMOST as powerful as them or what??

Also how the fuck do the Marvel heroes ever beat shit like that?
>>
>>82383130
By the power of friendship and working together as a team
>>
File: Bogdabots.jpg (91KB, 919x669px) Image search: [Google]
Bogdabots.jpg
91KB, 919x669px
>>82382534
>Thanos bows to Warlock
>In contact with celestials
>Possess flight and energy manipulation abilities
>Controls the galaxy with an iron but fair fist
>Owns planets & galaxies universally
>Direct descendants of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby
>Will bankroll the first cities on Ego (Warlockgrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities in the galaxy
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Warlock babies
>said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Asgardian scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>owns Nanobot R&D labs around the galaxy
>Tony Stark likely has Warlockbots inside him right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, forwarding the word of The Living Tribunal to the mases. Who do you think set up the meeting between Galactus & Norrin Radd (The Silver Surfer) (First meeting between the two beings in over 1000 years) and arranged the planet devourers first trip to Earth in history literally a few days later to the Baxter Building bunker in New York?
>They learned fluent Skrull in under a week
>Planets entrust their gold reserves with Warlock. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Warlock
>He is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plan yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.
>>
>>82383130
Whether or not Ego is a Celestial depends on where they go with him. So far, the MCU has deviated pretty wildly from the comics lore, starting all the way back with Thor not being an actual god, not knowing other pantheons of Earth gods, etc, Ego is powerful, but in the comics, he's also sort of self-contained. On a power scale, I'd rank him about on the Silver Surfer's level - extremely powerful, but not out of Thor's league(in the comics, at least). Elders, Ego, and Warlock are all on roughly the same scale, so again, not out of the league of guys like Thor and the Hulk(again, in the comics).

As far as how the Marvel heroes beat things like that, typically, they don't. Celestials aren't actually evil, just incredibly alien, so the heroes don't typically come into conflict with them other than to try to find some way to bargain with them.
>>
>>82383331
Good thing they have a guy who knows how to bargain
>>
>>82383331
Did you see the caps of the celestial-worshippers in the Thor 3 trailer? Are you hyped?
>>
>>82383425
Tentatively. It really depends on where they take it. Not going to lie - so far I've been less than pleased with pretty much everything involving the treatment of the Asgardians.
>>
>>82383399
kekked at this
>>
>>82383399
All he has to do is trap everyone in a time-loop
>>
Yondu kills crew > the chain fight > tentacle monster fight
>>
Pacman sure has had a lot of movie abuse lately but at least he's not playing a villain this time
>>
>>82384453
Sauce? You're not talking about that Adam Sandler travesty are you?
>>
>>82383022
So needlessly complicated
>>
>>82384535
Pacman was in Pixels which was shit
Pacman was in a Kamen Rider movie last winter
And now he's in this
Sure does get around
>>
>>82384276
>Yondu kills crew
Hey if we put it to good music the kids will forget our "good guy" is murdering people in cold blood with his magic death weapon! T-they were bad guys anyway!
>>
>>82385220
When was yondu shown to be a bastion of virtue? His first scene is him getting dressed right after fucking a robo-whore
>>
>>82385317
Never, but it's presented as some sort of fuck yeah moment, like we're supposed to cheer or laugh or whatever? And at first it seems like they're going out of their way to not let Rocket actually kill people but then they give up on the pretense. I dunno.
>>
>>82385220
Rocket stole from people and then expressed great delight at the opportunity to kill them when they attempted to stop him from doing so.

Gamora is an assassin.

Drax ponders about pulling someone's spine out at the end of the first one.

They aren't good people.
>>
>everyone praising the movie
>americans started to watching it
>HURR DURR IT IS TERRIBLE HURR DURP DURP
>>
When they show the blob thing attacking Earth I got a little worried the Avengers would show up and help the Guardians at the end. I know a team up between them is inevitable but I'd prefer to keep the franchise as a mostly self contained series about the Guardians.
>>
>>82371816
>putting spoilers in the title of a movie that hasn't been released anywhere other than eurocuckistan
kys
>>
>nobody posting best waifu

I would love to explore her "nebula" if you know what I mean
>>
>>82385868
nobody gives a shit about amejico, paco.
>>
File: Kek.png (78KB, 321x185px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
78KB, 321x185px
>>82385868
>going on /tv/ when a film that you don't want to read spoilers for has already been released
>Actually complaining when your stupidity is rewarded.

Have a fucking word with yourself mate
>>
>>82386077
Best waifu was clearly Mantis-chan though
>>
>>82386077

Best waifu were the Sovereign, you dunce.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1493651316327.webm
>>
Best song?

Gotta be Lake Shore Drive for me.
>>
>>82386077

the question is does she still have her vagina or did thanos replace that with a metal-part too?
>>
>>82386419

He went to Earth specifically to get a gorilla vagina.
>>
>>82386180
For me, it's Southern Nights
>>
>>82383271
this might be my favorite flavor of this pasta
>>
>>82371816
Has anybody else noticed the Gurren Lagaan reference?
>>
Why does Disney constantly take a shit on US audiences by making the US last among major nations to get Marvel capeshit like some second-class bottom-feeder?

If I actually liked Marvel I'd be offended by this.
>>
>>82371816
I feel the comfyness of the threads descending post after post, the amerifats are coming
>>
File: yandu.png (625KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
yandu.png
625KB, 1366x768px
yandu
>>
>>82387346
dindu
>>
Aussie here who saw it before it was even officially out on the 24th.

It is a good solid movie but ego needs more depth he is just cartoonishly evil.

Rest of the movie is good and the universe is great.

Shame it drags in act 2 but so did gotg 1 so no real problems otherwise.

Should make for a fun trilogy and I just rewatched vol1 and I can safely say vol2 is better.

Both are 9/10 and easily the best marvel movies to come along since raimis Spiderman 1 and 2 and iron Man 1

I have a suspicious feeling infinity wars is going to suck but I'll watch it.

Such a nice change to actually see a new sci Fi series actually take off rather than rest on it's fandom like shit wars or die like shit trek.

Americlaps hopefully embrace this movie as James Gunn did a good job but needed help writing this and it's very obvious.

For a marvel movie it has alot of heart and looks amazing red 8k makes my dick hard
>>
>>82372080
>entire intro is DUDE BABY GROOT LMAO dancing to ELO in a juxtaposition of ongoing background violence
You forgot to include a criticism here.

>forced romance
>another forced romance
The 'first' one carried on from movie 1, and I don't even know what the second one's supposed to be.

The 'reasons' were absolutely, completely spelled out. And they were part of that whole mortal/godly thing you should have noticed going on.
>>
>>82387699
Ego had me until "lol but I gave your mom cancer". Guess the fight scenes had to start somewhere.
>>
>>82385707
Not enough fart jokes
>>
>>82379437
KISSING BABIES.
HUGGING FAT CHICKS.
>>
>>82377838
>The joke would be cool if they had skipped the finger and the desk
Desk was the best bit of the joke, because it's ridiculous.
>>
>>82379437
Duct tape! Are you kidding me?!
>>
>>82383331

I really don't get why they had him use the word 'Celestial', when the first movie showed us an actual Celestial, and had Knowhere in it. If he'd called himself an Elder, well, close enough to be debatable, at least.
>>
>>82388491
Celestials are powerful but they're not big of a deal. Remember this guy had enough power to reshape and reform the remnant matter around him. And if it wasn't for Peter he could have very well taken over the galaxy. That's no small feat.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.