[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: primarchs.jpg (1MB, 1380x915px) Image search: [Google]
primarchs.jpg
1MB, 1380x915px
cast it /tv/
>>
>insinuating /tv/ can even be creative anymore
>>
>live action 40K
It's a no from me
>>
>>81778193
you'll forgive me I've had roughly a year away from /tv/ so im guessing we're even worse now then before
>>
Jason Isaacs as Fulgrim needs to happen
>>
>>81778209
It would be sick if they did a super gruesome 80s Heavy Metal style animation

then, for me, it would be a yes
>>
>>81778193
>implificating anyone gives a shit about your children boardgame storybook
>>
Don't include any space marines and don't show the emperor.
Make it about some anonymous imperial guard regiment like band of brothers in space. In fact, you could event include that same rangger
>>
>>81778150
tell me more about this. warhammer has always intrigued me, but i dont want to play some silly game with metal figurines
who are these people, what do they do, and how do they interact with each other???
>>
Fantasy would work better

too bad they killed it.
>>
>>81778150

First of all, I would shitcan all of Black Library's Horus Heresy material because it's godawful horseshit. Leave it as a barely-remembered time of legend to people in the 41st millennium, hopelessly distorted by time and propaganda.

Whatever they do in a 40k movie, it has to be embraced as surreal space fantasy told from the point of view of an ignorant protagonist. When it tries to be realistic and explain things it's just embarrassing.
>>
>>81779846
Big fat cool man in tank armour says to other big fat tank man
'God is cool'
He reply
'Yeh lets shoot everything'

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>81778150
>only 18 primarchs

I guess you plebs don't know about the 2 missing legions....
>>
File: 1452298823833.jpg (143KB, 960x752px) Image search: [Google]
1452298823833.jpg
143KB, 960x752px
>>81779706
I think it would work full cgi similar to what beowulf did. Would really help with fuckhueg bodies and tiny head look warhammer has.
>>
>>81779846
Never played it, just couple of days ago watched some videos on youtube explaining the whole thing.

Basically, before humans there were fantasy ripoffs galavanting around the galasy, they created some races some green guys turned into necro armored machines and some elfs survived.
Also warp space was fucked up so demons or something now live there.

Elfs started drinking and fucking so the failed too.

Then humans started to rule.
Everything was good, techology was brilliant but those pesky elfs did something that ruined the warp space so humans backpedaled to 8th century denmark and machines rose up and killed everyone cause demons.

Then entered the God Emperor. He created stability by killing space barbarians and conquering all humans under one flag, he's the one in the middle and the other guys are like his sons or mini clones and they help him rule.

He tried to create warp highways but demons influenced some of his main guys so he got fucked up and now is a corpse trapped on a golden throne where his mind is rapped in a constant battle to keep demons out of earth.
Also, you need to repeat "burn heretic" and "emperor protects" a lot.
>>
>>81779846

Middle one is the immortal Emperor of a space empire that kills all non-humans. The Emperor genuinely wants what's best for humanity but he's a huge autist. The others are the Primarchs, created from his DNA using magic science, to lead his armies in reuniting the fragmented human colonies throughout the galaxy. They are also huge autists, and furthermore have huge daddy issues. They were dreamed up by hack writers and therefore are each defined by one personality trait (e.g. Angron is angry, Lorgar just wants to worship something, Rogal Dorn builds things, Perturabo destroys things, Magnus is a psychic, Leman Wolf wolfs wolves, etc). They interact with each other exactly as you'd expect super-powered sperglords with daddy issues to, because the authors are on the spectrum and have daddy issues themselves, and wish they were super-powered dudes.
>>
File: 1465701960063.jpg (404KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465701960063.jpg
404KB, 1200x600px
>>
>>81778150
40k is fucking pathetic. Escapist man-child "muh grimdark" bullshit for overweight neckbeards.
>>81779886
Tru.
>>
File: 1463096076709.jpg (233KB, 1500x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1463096076709.jpg
233KB, 1500x1395px
>>
>>81780185

The fall of the Eldar is a great cautionary tale about the cultural consequences of degeneracy.
>>
>>81778150
Warhammer is too vast for a live action movie but they could do one about Commissar Ibram Gaunt or even Ciaphas Cain. Not to mention Wh40K has a pretty niche fan base unlike Warcraft or Assassin's Creed.

Also I don't see how a movie about giant, brooding space warriors who revel in violence and live for The God Emperor would work in an era of 'toxic masculinity' and radical feminism without becoming a mutilated mess with forced diversity and a black Leman Russ or a "God empress".
>>
>>81781931
>Not to mention Wh40K has a pretty niche fan base unlike Warcraft or Assassin's Creed.

/thread

The best bet would probably be something with an IG regiment
>>
>>81780470

>Have giant planetside orgies occuring simultaneously accross the galaxy that produces so much psychic energy that a God is born and it swallows up your entire civilization.

Yep.
>>
File: 1382767606079.jpg (129KB, 475x627px) Image search: [Google]
1382767606079.jpg
129KB, 475x627px
>>81781931

>Also I don't see how a movie about giant, brooding space warriors who revel in violence and live for The God Emperor would work in an era of 'toxic masculinity' and radical feminism without becoming a mutilated mess with forced diversity and a black Leman Russ or a "God empress".

It would be an even preachier Avatar remake with Tau in place of Navi and the Imperium in place of the Corporation, this time with a progressivist rather than environmentalist message.
>>
>>81782065

I was talking more about the descent into utter nihilism, in which casual, horrific cruelty is the rule of the day.
>>
>>81780395
>Bateman/Batman
>Lion
Wasted
>>
>>81782267
Like Roman gladiator fights?
Greek pederasty?
Christian self-flagellation?
>but m-muh degeneracy!!! TRUMP 2017!!1 le epic pepe XD
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
FUCK OFF TO >>>/tg/ THIS IS THE THIRD IF NOT FOURTH THREAD TODAY.

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF
>>
>>81782133
How can Tau compare to the Empire if they can't use the Warp?
>>
>>81779886
No it fucking wouldn't. GW didn't kill Fantasy. Know who did? You fucks. Who didn't buy SHIT. Then moaned when they had to find a different fucking group. I've played WHFB and 40k for 20 years. WHFB wasn't even in the Top 5 sellers in USA 3 years prior to Age of Sigmar. Now? Now it's 4th. You. You fucks who think all you need to do to 'support' a setting is read 1d4chan, Lexicancium or some other shitty website that sums up everything for you with EPIC MEMES. Fuck you. I'm glad you fairweather fans fucked off. Hope you fuck off when 8th edition comes. Oh wait. No you won't, cause you don't touch a rulebook let alone a model, you won't give a fuck as long as the setting keeps producing content that you never pay for and get to moan about on a /tg/ (which is the best you're likely going to do let us be honest).
>>
>>81783275
What the hell is wrong with Reddit these days
>>
>>81782267
Except that wasn't the cause at all. The Eldar worshipped several Gods, some of which are still around to this very day in the setting. Everything wrong in 40k can be blamed on one thing, but if you knew anything about the setting you'd know who was to blame.

It's actually impressive to find people who know less about 40k than /tg/. Then again, what should I expect from /tv/? The Colony of /v/ that's being fought over by /pol/, /sp/ and Reddit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.