[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Horror/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 79

List your top five and be mocked by teenyboppers who've never seen anything scarier than a PG-13 American remake or their molester's mottled cock accompanied by the whirring of his Super 8 camera.

By the way, mine are pic related, Texas Chainsaw, Exorcist, The Shining, and a cheesy 70's film I refused to name because one day I will remakes it as a new horror template that will rest alongside it's rightful place with the all-time best (if not "the best") scary movies ever.

Been plotting this awhile and even have a bit of a rep in filmmaking circles; I must be faded to be talking about it on fucking /here/.

Anyway, Horror thread. Top fives, whine about 'it', cool shit on Netflix, awesome concepts poorly executed for more shit I can steal, and whatever.

Horror General. All things horror, and let's keep it going after this gets deleted after 8 posts. There has to be more horror fans than (insert lame /tv/ gen) fans here, right?
>>
>>81361980
Inside (2007) Full Movie: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkk566qrh9gZ9IuNKyL4neCy0HUtTOGEv

If you lack the patience for an entire french film dubbed in Alvin and the Chipmunks, watch this on mute (or with Behemoth or Electric Wizard, if you're a lowlife junkie))
https://youtu.be/vc-LBnkH_RI
...Then give the rest a shot.
>>
File: dafoe-shadow-of-the-vampire.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dafoe-shadow-of-the-vampire.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
You can only cast one man as Herbert West/Victor Frankenstein/That Russian fucker.

Dafoe or Buscemi?
>>
File: 1470803243167.jpg (90KB, 1200x736px) Image search: [Google]
1470803243167.jpg
90KB, 1200x736px
I don't know if I can name my favorite 5 of the top of my head, but I feel that pic related gets too little credit.

It's horror-adventure-kino.
>>
File: the-borderlands-metrodome-dvd.jpg (404KB, 948x1355px) Image search: [Google]
the-borderlands-metrodome-dvd.jpg
404KB, 948x1355px
Y'all should watch this.

It's pretty boring, BUT, the last ten minutes are worth it.
And the last scene is for me one of the most haunting ending scene I've seen in a long time, one of the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.

"YOU SAID IT WASN'T REAL"
>>
>>81362275
Saw it when it was released, not bad. Some very good ideas here and here.
>>
>>81362293

Fuck I remember that, but did I see it under a different title?

I quite like the pseudo-documentary horror, and it's not a trope I'm quite willing to send away just yet.

If I recall it had a very Lovecraftian ending, and its so cool when movies dare do that. So many horror movies either end with the protagonists escaping, or the protagonists dying "mysteriously".

Why not just go full Lord of Darkness with it?

Solid 8/10 movie.
>>
Posting a few cool scenes from some classics, and then maybe this can take off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ulzSWLGw9HI
>>
File: 3034658-1155558963-Texas.jpg (109KB, 580x877px) Image search: [Google]
3034658-1155558963-Texas.jpg
109KB, 580x877px
>>
Does I Saw The Devil count? It's not supernatural horror, but it has some gore and horror elements. Also, A Tale of Two Sisters is one of mine as well. It's kind of slow and doesnt really have a ton of stuff going on, but I liked the atmosphere.
Can anyone recommend any good atmospheric horror movies? I don't care for jumpscares, but I don't mind them if they fit. I'd love some supernatural ghost stuff, like P.T.(the silent hills demo)
>>
Dog Soldiers
Sweet Home
The Wailing
Rigor Mortis
The Thing

No particular order, just the top 5 that came to my head as being interesting or fun.
>>
1. Inside (op related)
2. Glengarry Glen Ross
3. Hellraiser.
4. Sleepaway Camp.
5. The Ring.
>>
Top five

Herzog's nosferatu
The house with the laughing windows
Tenebre
The shining
Vargtimmen

Rec me something to watch tonight
>>
>>81362353

Torso
>>
>>81362275
I really enjoyed. I think the production values looked a little too low at times but I can forgive it for actually drawing me in.

Also, I loved the ending. Having a kinda happy ending was refreshing as fuck in a genre that's stagnated in the same cliches and tropes for such a long time.
>>
>>81362318
It's also called " Final prayers". Maybe you've seen it under this title :) And indeed the ending is very lovecraftian. And scary as fuck.
>>
>>81362344
>Dog Soldiers

This is such a fun slasher/comedy/horror thing. It's a horror movie that doesn't take itself too seriously, and that's kinda' novel.

Wasn't really all that scary though, but still got a 10/10 for atmosphere.
>>
>>81361980
Are you alright? You sound like you have autism.
I mean it's great you made a horror thread and all, but having your OP post just be venting about benign bullshit was cringey to read.
>and a cheesy 70's film I refused to name
Holy shit dude.
> teenyboppers who've never seen anything scarier than a PG-13 American remake
I hope you're not implying only edgy gore-fests are scary.

Anyway, top five is The Shining, Suspiria, Halloween, Don't Look Now, Black Christmas
>>
>>81362384

Yeah I was actually not expecting them to get out alive.

Like you said, it sometimes felt like it was on a bit of a budget, but some of the stuff in it was pretty well done. An anon here once called it "National Treasure: Fuck Disney, Hell Awaits Edition", and I kinda' agree with that.
>>
File: 1487514890794.jpg (834KB, 1280x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1487514890794.jpg
834KB, 1280x1896px
Despite delicious memes, I actually really liked a lot of the acting and the premise of this movie. The setting was really nice too.

Too bad it wasn't particularly scary, as much as creepy.
>>
>>81362342
see
>>81362344
Check these middle 3 as they are some interesting Asian horrors.

Particularly the Wailing given your taste in the other Korean flicks.
>>
File: monster.jpg (94KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
94KB, 630x1200px
I made a few threads about this when it came out and everyone shat on it. I stand by it and think it was one of the more underrated gems of last year.

>tfw the "monster" wasn't a metaphor but an actual fucking monster
>>
>>81362452
Awesome, much appreciated
>>
>>81362480
I kinda liked the start and ending, but everybody in it behaved like a total fucking retard.
>>
>>81361980
sleep tight
triangle
frontiers
>>
>>81362600

Triangle is such top-tier. It leans more towards thriller than horror, but the thriller elements are so fucking perfectly executed that it's mindblowing the first time you watch it.
>>
File: Deep-Red-6.jpg (44KB, 508x217px) Image search: [Google]
Deep-Red-6.jpg
44KB, 508x217px
>>81362448
I liked it too. The isolation and declining mental health of the family was more unsettling alone than any other horror I'd seen around the time. They were pretty damn committed to those accents.

Since there are some Argento fans here, what do you guys think of the twist in Deep Red? Was it fucking ballsy or do you remember it being obvious and missing its mark?
>>
>>81361980

Top five:
Jacob's Ladder
The Omen
The Witch
The Wicker Man
Freaks

Rate
>>
>>81362682
>Jacob's Ladder
Meh, I know a lot of people liked it, but I thought it was pretty boring.

>The Omen
The old Omen movies were amazing in their own way. If you mean the reboot you should end it all.

>The Witch
Pretty solid movie. Not top kino, but the actors did a good job and the creepiness was all there.

>The Wicker Man
Haven't seen.

>Freaks
An acquired taste, to say the least. I loved it, but a lot of people I meet downright HATE this movie.

7/10 - above average taste, but nothing to write home about.
>>
1. Rec
2. The Mist
3. Fright Night
4. Martyrs
5. The Thing
>>
>>81362384
>>81362421
The boss rush mode ending kind of annoyed me because it diminished their accomplishments but until then it nailed the claustrophobic atmosphere you'd expect from the setting, can't believe people shit on I for a few missteps

Top 5, probably pleb-core
>A Nightmare on Elm Street
>The Thing
>The Eye (the Japanese version; the only movie I've paused and watched in two parts because I got so spooked although the ending shit the bed)
>The House of the Devil
>The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
>>
>>81362721

Obviously I mean the original Omen, Gregory Pick did a fantastic job as a the paranoid father. You haven't seen The Wicker Man? I advise you watch it, the original is fantastic just avoid the shit that is the Nicolas Cage version.
>>
>>81362748
>can't believe people shit on I for a few missteps

This movie has gotten torn a thousand new assholes for the most trivial shit. I read one review that went miles and miles out of its way to write 3 paragraphs about how the movie misrepresented the French, and how that was a huge breaking point for the movie.

Seriously, we're never gonna' get anything like it again because critics are mongoloids.
>>
What do you think is the greatest jumpscare in horror? I would either go with don't look now or inland empire
>>
>>81362766

I just might do that this weekend Anon. Thanks. Oh and
>Nicolas Cage
>in horror
>ever

No thank you to that version!
>>
>>81362682
I thought Wicker Man was a good Mystery, detective film but not really scary. Except for the ending
>>
>>81362796
The beginning of The Descent. That really stuck with me
>>
>>81362796
It's tough not going with something more classic but I have to give it to The Exorcist III.

It didn't set any standards and it wasn't particularly new but that fucked me up worse than the stair scene in the first movie.
>>
>>81362275
Was it just me, or did it seem WAYYY too easy to get out of Hell? Scary as fuck lead-up, though.

https://youtu.be/mDHisWRsE98

Temped to make a Baron joke, but just too depressed.
>>
File: Leatherface1974.jpg (29KB, 305x422px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherface1974.jpg
29KB, 305x422px
The films that managed to really scare me are Rosemarys Baby, Jacob's Ladder and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (all time favorite movie) from what I can remember
>>
>>81362721
>>The Wicker Man
>Haven't seen.

Missing out massively.

Mine's:

>the above-mentioned Wicker Man
>The Thing (cliche pick but it's just so good)
>28 days later
>Pontypool
>Carriers
>>
>>81362808

I think I just like how bleak the outcome is Summerisle is fucked because the sacrifice won't work, so he's going to get mauled to death by the villagers come the next harvest, the village is implied to be doomed since the harvest clearly won't work since the detective mentioned how the soil isn't sufficient enough for farming. Not a good outcome for anyone really.
>>
>>81362838

Getting out of hell required you take a leap down a shaft that was provably deep enough to kill you.

Standing in front of that kinda' jump and being able to find even a single good reason to do it is much harder than you'd think.

The cleverness of the escape though, came from them wanting to go up, and having to go down.

Take this huge alteration in the laws of physics and the knowing that you were going to die if you jumped down a distance that long, and twist it around the knowledge that you were going down when you wanted to go up and you suddenly have a very strong case AGAINST jumping.

The fact that they somehow convinced themselves to jump is nothing short of a miracle.
>>
Is Pan's Labyrinth considered a horror movie? I've never seen it, but have been looking for more to watch.
>>
>>81362808
Movies don't need to be scary to qualify as horror. "Scary" is an individual perception, "horror" is a genre.
>>
File: 67381.jpg (43KB, 590x390px) Image search: [Google]
67381.jpg
43KB, 590x390px
>>81362350
>>
>>81362950

True, but in order to be categorized as "horror" doesn't (or shouldn't) a movie need to fulfill that perception?

Shouldn't the movie actually have to BE scary to be considered horror?

That's the difference between a thriller and a horror. If a movie is thrilling but not scary, it's a thriller.
>>
>>81362950
But that's the point of horror movies, to get a reaction out of the viewer
>>
>>81362778
Yeah, I remember avoiding it when it first released because of reviews, but I think people were defending it on here and I gave it a shot and it was a solid watch.

>>81362830
Fuck, I watched this with about 20 friends in high school, we had a sleepover, and the whole room nearly died at that scene because almost nobody was really paying attention. I was watching the movie and it got me, the guys that were playfighting on the floor scrambled apart in terror, someone dropped food and a few more screamed. We changed the movie and I watched it on my own a while later. I'll never forget how much it got everyone. 10/10

>>81362946
Not really true horror but spoopy as fuck with some pretty brutal violence and great atmosphere, definitely recommend it
>>
>>81362830
>>81362995

The Descent was ONLY good for the way it provided claustrophobia.

The monster-aspect was totally meaningless, unneeded and boring.

Especially when the movie proved so early on that it knew how to really nail the sense of being stuck between two rock walls.

Jesus that shit was creepy.
>>
>>81362995
>get spooked
>change the film

What the fuck? Why were you watching a horror film if you didn't want to be scared
>>
>>81362983
>>81362989

>Shouldn't the movie actually have to BE scary to be considered horror?

No. Horror means having horror imagery, themes etc. Whether they get a reaction out of you or not is besides the point.

I think there's no real point in nitpicking though. These things are not set in stone, but I'm personally against insisting on the personal factor. My brother thought Harry Potter 1 was scary when he was really young. Doesn't make it a horror movie.

Is Threads a horror movie? No it's not, but it's fucking horrific.

Is Dawn of the Dead (the new one) a horror movie? Yes, because it features horror themes and gore. Is it scary? Of course not.
>>
>>81363028

I really hated the second one since it needed to confirm to idiot normalfags whether the monsters were real or not. I liked the subtleness of the first movie where the monsters were implied to be a result of the claustrophobia.
>>
File: 1483245303977.jpg (139KB, 1020x848px) Image search: [Google]
1483245303977.jpg
139KB, 1020x848px
Here's an unpopular opinion.

The concept of being stuck in a place that bends time, reality and direction so completely is deeply appealing to me, and this movie rubbed that itch so right.

Does anyone know if there are any other movies that deal with the passage of time and the exploring places that don't seem to have any exits or any such thing?

I love these physics-fucking horror movies.
>>
>>81363028
I agree that the cave exploring scenes made me feel uneasy, but it had to go somewhere from there.
>>
>>81363094
Cube?
>>
>>81363097

No see, it really didn't. It could have gone the far more realistic route of "cave explorers explore caves, get lost, and have to force their bodies through increasing claustrophobic trauma to get out". Add oxygen or food deprivation to keep the tempo up and you've suddenly got something.

They could literally have said "fuck it" to the monsters all together and probably come out with a much better movie because of it.
>>
>>81363028
>The monster-aspect was totally meaningless, unneeded and boring.

I agree with this so much. Caves are fucking scary, you don't need Smeagols to make them scarier, that just ruins it,

I would've had no problems if the monsters were hinted at, but blatantly showing them and having them attack in plain sight was wack.
>>
>>81363122

Nah Cube was just "super advanced science lol xD". It didn't bend time or space, it just made the occupants feel like it because everything looked the same and they had no watches.
>>
File: martyrs.jpg (74KB, 300x436px) Image search: [Google]
martyrs.jpg
74KB, 300x436px
>>81361980
Inside was a total shitshow. Every single action taken by the stupid cops when they come back to the house are so over the top ridiculous and inept that it really dragged me out of the movie.

This, on the other hand, was pure French extreme kinography.
>>
>>81363094
Read House of Leaves.
>>
>>81362896
It was HELL, though. You're talking about it like it's a choice like the idiot in Frozen who jumps off the ski-lift, breaks his legs, and gets ate.

Been a while since I saw it, but I remember them going through a hole in the wall that literally closed up with stone behind them, trapping them in fucking HELL to face their tormenters for eternity.

Then one bitch answers a phone and says "Hey pop, sorry I didn't answer the phone when you tried to call before acing yourself, but I'm here now! Love ya, big guy!"

Then another prick says something like, "Oh shit, I knocked some broad up and told her the kid wasn't mine but I knew it was. Damn, I was a dick!"

Then they crawl out of the sewers like roaches. Granted, it's been a while since I've seen it, but ABSB could have been legit top 10 GOAT if it could have just unfucked that last half-hour. Dropped it from 8.75 to solid 7.
>>
>>81363140
I thought I was getting into a revenge movie, boy was I wrong
that scene where Anna pulls out those bolts or staples? Off that girls steel mask then pulling it off almost made me puke
>>
>>81363094
The Blair witch project, they were in a loop
>>
Top 5 in no particular order

Class of nuke em high
Scream
Nightmare on elm street
Return of the living dead 3
Friday the 13th part 2
>>
File: 1490329815309.jpg (20KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
1490329815309.jpg
20KB, 400x261px
>>81363048
You're talking to a guy that used 'spoopy' as an adjective.Do the math.
>>
File: 19_6567421.gif (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
19_6567421.gif
45KB, 499x499px
>>81363140
I loved both Inside and Martyrs desu
>>
>>81363124
>It could have gone the far more realistic route of "cave explorers explore caves, get lost, and have to force their bodies through increasing claustrophobic trauma to get out". Add oxygen or food deprivation to keep the tempo up and you've suddenly got something.
La cueva did this. Pretty bad film though.
>>
>>81363136
There is Cube 2: Hypercube that is some space-time fuckery, but that movie is a goddamn blur and all I can remember is the final scene.
>>
>>81363048
Idk we just wanted casual gory fun horror in the background, not something that would make us piss ourselves if we didn't pay attention

>>81363028
I think the monsters were okay, as said here >>81363067 the monsters were allegorical. Although I did like the sequel as a standalone film.

>>81363140
Martyrs actually bored me desu, and the ending was so damn unsurprising that I felt like I'd wasted my time.

>>81363227
Go spoop yourself, we were teenagers high on sugar and testosterone, we didn't want to actually be scared
>>
File: threads1984.jpg (376KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
threads1984.jpg
376KB, 1280x720px
>>81363179
The breakfast scene is probably one of the most visceral and jarring moments of cinema violence that I can remember.

>>81363230
I just cant stand it when characters make such patently ridiculous decisions that it gets them killed. I thought the concept was really good, but the cops reminded me of the slapstick cops in the original Last House on the Left.
>>
>>81363221
It seems you misspelled 'part 4'

https://youtu.be/OnbL-fBp0p0
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 220x326px
Pure kino
>>
My top 5 is:

>Dracula's Daughter
>Bride of Frankenstein
>Phantom of the Opera
>King Kong
>The Exorcist

>>81362796

Exorcist III has the best jumpscare ever, imo.
>>
>>81361980

Top 5 Horror
>Martyrs
>The Wailing
>Wicker Man
>Spalovac Mrtvol
>The Incredible Torture Show (Bloodsucking Freaks)
>Driller Killer
>Evilenko

Most of those are only part horror so it works out.

>>81363140
Agreed. Inside was weak.
>>
>>81363335
Pleb opinion. 2 is classic Friday. 4 was so forgettable.
>>
File: Maniac_(1980).jpg (66KB, 483x750px) Image search: [Google]
Maniac_(1980).jpg
66KB, 483x750px
>>81363335
Although I appreciate everything he did for the genre, sometimes I think we missed the boat on Tom Savini the actor

https://youtu.be/yngGjSgztJ0
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 466x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 466x725px
If you haven't seen pic related then watch it. Even has George costanza in it.
>>
File: autopsy jane doe.jpg (49KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
autopsy jane doe.jpg
49KB, 400x536px
Most recent one I've watched which was very good.

Brian Cox is such a great actor.
>>
>>81363513
this nice Friday the13th rip-off
it really is worth watching
>>
>>81363415
2 had arguably the best scene in the series, and the opening kill was top 10, but final chapter shat on it. You're judging art by strokes and not totality, a firm indicator of either youth or ignorance.
>>
>>81363514

Shit ending, fuck that whore and her sexy body.
>>
File: olwen.png (111KB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
olwen.png
111KB, 500x222px
>>81363514
CLAIMED

Latecomers go away
>>
File: nightmares.gif (502KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
nightmares.gif
502KB, 700x500px
I never liked horror much but I've heard so much about classics like The Thing and I've been visiting the genre the last couple of days. I watched and loved The Mist and The Thing in that order yesterday and I'm about to watch Splinter because it sounds like the fusion of those two.

So I guess my top 5 is
The Mist
The Thing
The Silence of the Lambs
The Others
Alien
>>
>>81363535
I watched final chapter last year and can't remember anything about it other than the Jason kill at the end. I enjoyed 2 more. Final chapter is arguably better but I prefer 2.
>>
File: The town.jpg (33KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
The town.jpg
33KB, 300x445px
One of my favorite Meta sequels
>>
File: the-autopsy-of-jane-doe.jpg (79KB, 630x419px) Image search: [Google]
the-autopsy-of-jane-doe.jpg
79KB, 630x419px
>>81363514
Solid 8. Great acting, and another reason to swear off trailers forever.

I almost feel bad for /got/ actors. Who wants to be typecast as 'creepy leechlord who flays fuckers'?

Then the other fool robbing banks with pedokid on black mirror-damn. Almost feel bad for them until I think of how they make their comfortable livings...
>>
>>81363149

Fuck I've been meaning to man. I've really been meaning to.
>>
File: pinheader.jpg (48KB, 361x443px) Image search: [Google]
pinheader.jpg
48KB, 361x443px
in no particular order

hellraiser
28 days later
prince of darkness
evil dead
the road
>>
>>81363627
Fair enough. Only an idiot would say that 2 didn't have the best scene in the series but yeah, final chapter still holds the crown.
>>
File: hellbound1.jpg (27KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
hellbound1.jpg
27KB, 400x295px
>>81363775
Hellbound is one of the rare sequels that rivals/tops the original. I love Barker, and he absolutely killed it with Hellraiser 2. If you haven't seen it, do so. The scene where Channard gives the mental patient who thinks bugs are crawling all over his skin a straight razor to bring Julia back is crazy. Frank's still pulling his bullshit and Pinhead is still around...Worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/f7x12cHBSb0
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Is this any good? Had it downloaded awhile and just haven't been able to bring myself to watch it since he overdosed. Too sad.
>>
>>81364087
It's good but it isn't really horror
>>
>>81361980
The Thing
Alien
Kill List
Jacob's Ladder
Shutter

I feel like i've seen all the decent horror, so i've been trying to read some. Seems like there is just as much shit horror books as there is movies.
>>
What do you guys think of Grave Encounters?
I'm watching it for the 3rd or 4th time now and i still absolutely love it.
Even Grave Encounters 2, which is absolute garbage, had some fantastic moments.
The part where they go back to the hotel and the elevator opens up and they're back in the asylum was absolutely fantastic.
>>
File: 06_jaws_1098_2074_02907_0.jpg (79KB, 1400x949px) Image search: [Google]
06_jaws_1098_2074_02907_0.jpg
79KB, 1400x949px
>>81364002
agreed anon
lord of illusions is another barker classic
>>
>>81364002
I love the hellscape in this, the labyrinth, the matte paintings. Great flick.
>>
File: In-the-mouth-of-madness.jpg (31KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
In-the-mouth-of-madness.jpg
31KB, 600x399px
sutter cane...
>>
>>81364188
>Shutter
I hope you're not talking about the horseshit American remake
>>
proudly brought to you by the alaskan tourism commission...
please visit alaska!
especially in winter, plenty of good food and good cheer for all and smiles all around!
>>
>>81364608
nope
>>
The Haunting
Don't Look Now
The Thing
The Exorcist
Let the Right One In
>>
[REC]
[REC]
[REC]
[REC]
[REC]
>>
Inside
Amer
Evil Dead (2013)
The Descent
Martyrs

I'd put Dawn of the Dead (2004) in there but I see it as an action movie more than anything else.
>>
>>81365427
Shit, I forgot Frailty. Underrated as fuck.
>>
>>81361980
"It's just a social commentary, bro," Edition:

George Romero's Dawn of the Dead
30 Days of Night
28 Days Later
The VVitch
Neon Demon
>>
Why didn't he just walk away from the screen?
>>
File: Company-of-wolves-poster.jpg (220KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
Company-of-wolves-poster.jpg
220KB, 412x640px
What are the some folk horror (horror with a rural theme) films?
>The Witch
>Nosferatu the Vampyre
>American Werewolf
>Wicker Man
>>
File: images (2).jpg (113KB, 793x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
113KB, 793x1080px
Enjoy your last pure french horror kino
>>
File: IMG_5201.jpg (105KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5201.jpg
105KB, 509x755px
Not in order and not particularly true, just what I can remember

1. Ravenous
2. Creep
3. Texas Chainsaw
4. House of the Devil
5. Get Out (i'm sorry)

Honorable mentions:
V/H/S 2 (Safe Haven tape)
Last Shift
Troll Hunter
>>
>>81366010
Also shoutout to the Wailing and Train to Busan for the weebs

Although the wailing had a little too much loud and ugly crying
>>
File: IMG_20170407_023411.jpg (63KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170407_023411.jpg
63KB, 1200x674px
1. Halloween II (2009)
2. Pulse (2001)
3. The Funhouse (1981)
4. The Beyond (1981)
5. Prince of Darkness (1987)

also 5 hon. mentions

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Nosferatu (1922)
The Hunger (1983)
Dracula (1992)
The Thing (1982)
>>
>>81366048
the 80s were so fkn good
>>
File: IMG_5204.jpg (142KB, 750x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5204.jpg
142KB, 750x1009px
Can someone explain why this movie scored so well? Is it just because it deals with issues in the middle east? Because it's really not good
>>
File: apdmqbw1zmvpdwc7pkuf.jpg (62KB, 1171x505px) Image search: [Google]
apdmqbw1zmvpdwc7pkuf.jpg
62KB, 1171x505px
>>81365790
i can't really think of a good answer to that one anon...
i guess a possible motif is the idea of horror films having scenes that compel the viewer to look away but by our very nature we can't?
>>
>>81363094
Southbound has a similar premise

There was an irish horror movie as well that has you returning to the same area if you tried to leave; forgot the name but I can't imagine there are many irish horror movies
>>
File: sauna.jpg (194KB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sauna.jpg
194KB, 702x1000px
I still have no idea what this was about.
>>
File: IMG_5205.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5205.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Black and white is so fucking pretentious
>>
>>81366110
Does it have some anti-Iranian government message? Because that's the only Iranian movies that the criticts will praise in the West.
>>
>>81366550
Yes, actually

There's a scene where the main character gets put in holding for not wearing her hijab in public while driving away from the djinn

Also the djinn is brought to them because of bombings, and a bomb shell lands in their home
>>
The Shining
Antichrist
Alien
The Thing
The Witch
>>
>>81361980
MArble hornets
>>
>>81362721
>it was pretty boring.

how on earth ?
>>
>>81366010
>4. House of the Devil

fuck everyone who has ever suggested this hipster piece of shit.
>>
>>81367224
>le hipster
More like fuck you
>>
>81367745
lol
>>
>retard spammer doesn't even bother to update his shitty pasta
>>
>>81367789
i love u
>>
>>81363140
Martyrs is a piece of shit compared to Inside. All plebs think Martyrs is a masterpiece. Babby's first new extremism.
>>
>>81366295
No one does
>>
>>81367905
Inside is risible compared to Martyrs, which is a truly excellent horror.
Inside is slapstick nonsensical gore for edgy-dumb teenagers
>>
>>81367973
Fuck off retard, not tour personal army
>>
>>81363179
I saw this at a swelteringly hot cinema in the middle of Summer. that scene almost made the entire audience puke.
>>
>>81368000
You just described Martyrs, which applies gore and suffering with no level of build up or consequence. It starts well but quickly goes of the deep end around the halfway point with an unbelievable conceit and prolonged torture scenes that are boring. Inside builds tensions through clever editing, mood setting, one of the best horror scores of the last decade, a viscious conceivable enemy, good acting, elevated stakes. Police act stupid in horror movies all the time, nothing that immersion ruining. Gruesome inventive deaths. Did I mention martyrs score and editing hsnt got shit on Inside. Keep enjoying Reddits first video nasty, im sure youll continue to shill it when people ask, "WAS DA MST FUKED UP HORRA FLICK MY DUDE" on whatever subreddit you come from
>WOAH I KNOW THE MEANING OF LIFE SHOOT MY HEAD LMAO GET IT MY DUDES
>>
>>81368180
You sure like to talk about your original site, pleb redditor
>>
>>81364087
Toby Jones never overdosed. Are you thinking of Philip Seymour Hoffman?
>>
>>81368213
Inside = Irreversible>>>>>>haute tension>>fronteirs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Martyrs

Sorry kid, nuffin personal
>>
>>81364087
I didn't like it. It's extremely slow paced, which would be fine except there's no variation or dynamics in its plot or themes. It's like a short student film inflated to 90 minutes.

watch Assayas' Irma Vep instead. same thing but better and more arthouse-chic.
>>
>Dead End
>Cannibal Holocaust
>As Above, So Below
>End of The Line
>Trollhunter

literally pure kino
>>
>>81368292
I think he was joking

60 bags
>>
Man, I hate these horror threads.
I always end up with a fuckton of movies in my backlog because of them.
>>
The Thing
The Shining
Kairo
Blair Witch Project
Inside

Not exact but ones I really like
>>
>>81362728
I rented rec with my brother at a small local place back then. Those were some good times.
2 was alright but the other two were atrocious.
>>
>>81368446
Lucky for you most of these movies are trash
>>
File: 1490340862038.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1490340862038.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>81368522
>>
>>81363094

the others
>>
>>81361980

There are so many great kinds of horror movies out there that I like for different reasons, so it's hard to make a legitimate top 5. So here are a few that I consider "favorites" while actively trying to keep it varied for coverage's sake. Not the best or scariest, just movies that really stuck with me.

1.) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
2.) The Shining (1980)
3.) House on Haunted Hill (1959)
4.) Videodrome (1983)
5.) Fright Night (1985)

Honorable mention to other mainstream classic choices, like The Thing, Alien, Halloween, The Blob, Cronenberg's The Fly, The Exorcist, Fright Night, Dead Alive etc. Much like everyone else, love that stuff.

Also to a many of newer films that I didn't grow up with, therefore had less of an impact and didn't get included in my list. Horror is one of the only genres that hasn't gone to complete shit imo, I'm always finding new hidden gems.

Special shoutouts to Trick 'r Treat for being one of the best Halloween related film ever made.

Some shit I've seen recently that I recommend:

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
Last Shift
Murder Party
>>
File: resolution poster.jpg (48KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
resolution poster.jpg
48KB, 300x450px
>>81363094

Definitely check out Resolution. It's underrated horror kino, and it kind of fits that description.
>>
>>81369007
These two movies are nothing alike
>>
Any decent loop and/or time travel horror movies similar to this?
Watched it a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it.
>>
>>81369192
Have you seen Coherence yet? literally better than any sci-fi I've seen in years. it succeeds on pure concept alone.
>>
>>81369192
Timecrimes is great.
>>
>>81369163

I haven't seen Grave Encounters, I was going off of his description of a film that plays with the concept of "being stuck in a place that bends time, reality and direction".

Spoilers: The area is home to a strange reality/time altering force that feeds off creating horrible fates for anyone that ventures there. They're trapped there in fear that it if they leave it will follow until it gets what it wants, potentially infecting the lives of loved ones and innocent bystanders.
>>
>>81369007
Agreed with >>81369163

They're very, very different films.
>>
>obligatory it post
I'm gonna miss Tim Curry.
>>
I could watch Evil Dead 2 on a loop
>>
>>81363514
I was really happy when it actually seemed like the film was going to have a 'happy' ending, I feel like it was a much better way to go than killing everyone.
>>
>>81370340
That's the way a horror movie fucks with you.

You think he's going to get out after his father's sacrifice' and then the noise outside sounding like they're trying to get in to save him ends up turning into radio music.

Then it dawns on you he's fucked, your stomach sinks like his probably does.
>>
>>81370515
My stomach didn't sink though, I just thought it was boring. The idea of the father actually being able to successfully make a deal with the witch and it being almost a fair trade was a lot more interesting, and gave all their struggles previously a lot more weight. The fact that they were inevitably doomed and nothing they figured out matterred just doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>81370614
I think the idea was that the Witch had been trapped for so long that she lost any sort of sympathy or care for anyone else so she killed both of them without a second though.

Or you know, she was just always a cunt who always hated people.

It's not like fucking Brain Cox up did anything to help her situation, she was still trapped.
>>
>>81370614
Doesn't do it for most people. Classic case of a first half being a lot superior to the final one.
The movie was something special as a procedural, but then came the generic 'spooky' shit.
>>
>>81370614
Witch? More like BITCH
>>
>>81365790
Because it doesn't matter at that point. Reality has been rewritten and there's no turning back. The only things left are insanity or suicide.
>>
File: image.png (471KB, 1023x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
471KB, 1023x582px
Lovecraft kino coming through
>>
What are some good new-ish horror movies for someone who liked Martyrs, The Babadook, It Follows, and The Witch? A-asking for a friend.
>>
>>81361980
When you think about pure scale shear murderous terror and genocide then can't look past the force awakens followed by rogue one, world war z, diary of the dead and finally the conjuring
>>
>>81370958
Mortem august underground
>>
>>81365913
Blood on Satan's Claw. British horror from the 60's. Not well known but remastered a few years ago. Give it a watch.
>>
File: top horror.png (2MB, 700x1726px) Image search: [Google]
top horror.png
2MB, 700x1726px
pretty much my top 40 horrors.
>>
80s horror movies aren't scary bar texas chainsaw
>>
File: the house at the end of time.jpg (147KB, 726x1000px) Image search: [Google]
the house at the end of time.jpg
147KB, 726x1000px
>>81370958
pic related
Lovely Molly
Hidden 2015
>>
>>81361980
I wish the action horror subgenre would make a comeback. Nothing like trained soldiers going up against beasties
>>
File: maniac_ver6.jpg (58KB, 493x755px) Image search: [Google]
maniac_ver6.jpg
58KB, 493x755px
>>81371653
Maniac 2012 is fucking great. Don't know why it doesn't get mentioned more often in these threads.
>>
File: CatacombsofParis_1.jpg (177KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
CatacombsofParis_1.jpg
177KB, 600x399px
>>81362275
>>81362303
based on the actual catacombs under paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZtkXaLeX8k
>>
Top 5 in no particular order:

Exorcist III
Dawn of the Dead (Argento Cut)
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Child's Play
The Thing (80s version)

Honorary mentions:
Deep Red
Blood and Black Lace
Don't Breathe
>>
Rob Zombie Halloween
Rob Zombie Halloween II
House of 1000 Corpses
Devil's Rejects
>>
>>81367969
PTSD and rape, duh.
>>
Cannibal Holocaust
The Evil Dead
Mermaid in a Manhole
Martyrs
...maybe Bride of Frankenstein because it's so nice?

That's what I'm feeling like today.

>>81372828
TCM is 70's though.
>>
>>81373610
Did anyone not know this?...
>>
>>81373828
amerifats
>>
Guys I watched The Babadook the other night. Best movie I've seen in years probably.
>>
>>81373893
I thought it was okay after /tv/ force fed me all the subtleties. I hate children in movies though, and especially the kid in that one
>>
I haven't watched enough to have a decently insightful top five, but I see this is a horror thread so let me ask here:

Does anyone know where I can get "Five Across The Eyes"?
It's some shitty low-budget amateur horror flick about, like, some stereotypical "young stupid people", except instead of a monster it's these four (I think) girls being chased by an older woman who hunts them down and tortures them.

I just heard about it recently and want it for my collection, but I can't find a torrent. Help?
>>
File: timecrimes.jpg (35KB, 450x249px) Image search: [Google]
timecrimes.jpg
35KB, 450x249px
>>81368487
>>81362728
Did you watch Rec dubbed or subbed (or neither)?
Im kinda curious since Im from Spain
>>
Anyone who says cannibal holocaust is an edgelord fucktard.

It's not even horror. The only brutal parts are the animal killings.

If you like that film you have shit taste in everything and your opinion on anything else should be automatically ignored.
>>
File: Black Sabbath Grid1.jpg (1MB, 3000x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Black Sabbath Grid1.jpg
1MB, 3000x1628px
The lack of Italian horror is shameful
>>
>>81373926
I literally did not care one bit about the kid. Her descent is amazing.
>>
File: bss.jpg (23KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
bss.jpg
23KB, 313x470px
>>
>>81361980
>their molester's mottled cock accompanied by the whirring of his Super 8 camera.
this was poetry OP

anyway, my 5 are probably:

1. Evil Dead remake
2. The Thing
3. BWP
4. Hellraiser
5. As Above so Below

honestly I'm not sure if that's my top 5 but that's what I'm thinking of right now. it's tough to list a top 5 to be honest.
>>
File: two.jpg (407KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
two.jpg
407KB, 960x1440px
>>
>>81373934
Cannibal Holocaust is a masterpiece. You can watch a cut version with all the animal killings removed and it doesn't take away from how amazingly raw that movie is.
Also the best found footage movie ever made, but it's not like it has much competition.
>>
>>81362480
oh fuck, thank you for reminding me that this exists, gonna watch it soon
>>
File: spider-forest-geomi-sup 2004.jpg (304KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
spider-forest-geomi-sup 2004.jpg
304KB, 1000x1500px
>>81373992
Koreans are pretty good at the horror-but-actually-drama. pic related
>>
>>81363140

>watch martyrs
>left with uneasy feeling
>watch Get Smart to chill
>tfw the big guy who batters the girl is in it too
>>
Anyone seen this shit yet?
>>
>>81373932
not them but i've only seen the american version, and I liked it. Should I go back and watch the original?
>>
>>81373932
What do you mean by 'neither'? lel

And anyone serious doesn't watch dubbed shit having the option
>>
File: Raw_(film).png (124KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Raw_(film).png
124KB, 220x326px
>>81374089
>>
>>81363094
yes, I love that shit as well

Blair Witch (the recent one, not BWP) did it pretty well
>>
>>81371103

Seconded. Witchfinder General is great too.
>>
>>81373966
checked, kek approves, good movie
>>
>>81374048
it's not great tb h

but it's alright if you like that
>>
>>81374165
>Blair Witch (the recent one, not BWP) did it pretty well
If you didn't specify people could at least hope for the best
>>
>>81374216
honestly I've watched almost everything else worth watching so as long as it's not unwatchable we're good

>>81374279
you didn't like Blair Witch?
>>
>>81374101
>What do you mean by 'neither'? lel
really?
it means watching it in spanish with no subs, only viable if you undestand spanish

>>81374093
then you shouldnt say youve watched REC, the American version isnt even titled REC (its titled Quarantine iirc) and its much worse than the original imho
>>
Ginger Snaps is my favorite horror movie, I remember my first time watching it. GS2 and 3 are really good too.

What's /tv/'s opinion on horror TV? I haven't seen much of anything I like but I used to watch the fuck outta Lost Tapes
>>
File: perkins.jpg (224KB, 1495x1000px) Image search: [Google]
perkins.jpg
224KB, 1495x1000px
>>81374410
God Liz was such a qt.
>>
>>81374474
Emily was cute but Katfu for life
>>
>>81374357
Have you seen The Similars?
>>
>>81374357
Blair Witch was horrible, pure obvious ff garbage. But studio-made, with plenty of money and time, which is even more inexcusable. It's sad that Wingard was the one to make it
>>
File: eyes without a face.jpg (68KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
eyes without a face.jpg
68KB, 1000x563px
This was pretty good.
>>
>>81374626
Wrong quote, it should be >>81374309
>>
File: channel-zero-candle-cove.jpg (78KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
channel-zero-candle-cove.jpg
78KB, 1080x608px
>>81374410
Channel Zero was alright
>>
>>81374628
Dude that movie was dope. Seriously some real uncomfortable sad/tragic/creepy stuff in it.

Got the criterion a few years back and it's awesome
>>
>>81370923
Why is John Carpenter the only director who's ever managed to get the tone of Lovecraftian horror right?

Like I love Reanimator and Dagon for campy fun reasons but it seems like nobody but Carpenter can actually make a good Lovecraft movie.
>>
>>81374886
It's hard to capture the complete loss of any sense of reality. Cosmic horror is the best, but toughest.
>>
>>81374912
>>81374886
Plus a lot of the horror comes from the sort of internal horror, not external, and it's tough to capture that on film without doing some sort of cheesy narration (though ideally, this horror would awaken in the viewer themselves while watching it)
>>
>>81362946
>never seen it

Youre seriously missing out desu. You owe it to yourself. But no, it isn't horror. The spook parts feel more like despair/nightmare than regular horror.
>>
>>81374989
It's "Dark Fantasy" similar to some of Clive Barker's early writing
>>
>>81374626
It wasn't 10/10 but I enjoyed it. What didn't you like about it?
>>
Who is the best babe in horror?
>>
I'm not seeing Critters in this thread.
>>
>>81374912
>>81374972
Got any recommendations for movies that get this right? Doesn't have to be directly related to Lovecraft or even particularly good, just stuff that gets the tone right.

The only ones I can think of are Mouth of Madness, The Thing, Kill List (kind of), Cigarette Burns (not great but it has its moments), the original Wicker Man, and some German adaptation of Color Out of Space that I found on Youtube
>>
>>81374732
I never finished the last two episodes. Should i?
>>
>>81373610

Is that a toilet or a basin?
>>
>>81373782
Hello rob!
>>
File: Barbara-Crampton-From-Beyond.jpg (42KB, 504x478px) Image search: [Google]
Barbara-Crampton-From-Beyond.jpg
42KB, 504x478px
>>81375043
Barbara or Jenny Agutter of course.
>>
>>81363094
watch
>>81368714
>>81363553

truly one of the few movies that made me really uncomfortable
>>
>>81374410
>>81374474
Emily is the patrician choice.

Ginger Snaps, Carrie and May are probably my favorite female coming-of-age horror films. They're flawless.
>>
>>81376522
>May
Saw the cover when I worked in a DVD store and it looked cheese as fuck, but then again I thought the same of Ginger Snaps. Gonna give this a shot, thanks for the rec anon.
>>
>>81376893
Oh you are in for a treat, be sure to give it the full watching.
>>
Top 5 horrors ever made:

...E tu vivrai nel terrore! L'aldilà - Lucio Fulci
Halloween - John Carpenter
Rosemary's Baby - Roman Polanski
I tre volti della paura - Mario Bava
Suspiria - Dario Argento
>>
File: IMG_5207.jpg (141KB, 700x987px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5207.jpg
141KB, 700x987px
Is Ti West really the best horror director?
>>
>>81377989
Not even any qualifiers, that title straight? Ti, pls
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 90x110px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 90x110px
What do you guys think of body horror? I love me some Cronenberg
>>
File: IMG_5209.jpg (83KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5209.jpg
83KB, 500x741px
>>81378032
He's a cinematic genius
>>
>>81362413
OP is like the director in Grave Encounters 2
>>
>>81363413
>top 5 horror
>lists 7 movies
>>
>>81377989
Still can't figure out if this was actually good or if it was just okay and I was pleasantly surprised because it looked like any other direct to vod garbage on netflix.
>>
>>81378222
Did you miss what he after the list?
>>
>>81363664
yeah that is a gorgeous film, just the ending was pretty shit but up until then it was a great film.
>>
>>81366110
It sounds good on paper but I thought it was pretty bad. The spook was literally a ghost in a sheet. And the sheet was a cgi.
>>
Honestly Buried is pretty kino
>>
>>81378799
Nah
>>
>>81363094
RWD

It's this really weird indie movie from a few years back. It's about these two dudes making a viral video who find some weird time travel thing and start fucking with their past selves. Sounds like it would be right up your alley. You can find it on the Amazon Prime for free.

Or, you know, find a torrent or some shit.
>>
>>81369241
Coherence is amazing. It's like Primer, but compelling.
>>
File: nypostcard_sm.jpg (169KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nypostcard_sm.jpg
169KB, 800x800px
I Am a Ghost is one of the scariest movies I've seen. It's a little slow, but that ending is fucking incredible.

My top five are weird:
- Evil Dead 2
- The Thing
- Slither
- Southbound
- Event Horizon
>>
>>81379281
I saw it like one year ago and remember no ending or nothing, except some jap face. The great land of eh
>>
>>81379281
I'm not taking any suggestions from someone with southbound in their top 5
>>
>>81366295
Watched this last week because of one of these threads and, while it was competently made, it went overboard with the ambiguity. Not a bad watch if you're into having no fucking clue what's happening.
>>
>>81362665
It was fucking ballsy and perfect, the whole time I watched I was thinking of rewinding to the mirror scene and thankfully didn't.
The twist made me cum my pants
>>
>>81374309

Curse of the Blair Witch was the best of the franchise.
>>
Is Candyman any good? I've seen it listed on tv a few times, but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.
>>
>>81381300
First one is great, don't even bother with the sequel.
>>
>>81381300

The first one isn't bad actually.
>>
>>81362225
Dafoe.
>>
I'm currently reading It to prepare for the remake coming out; is it worth it to go back and watch the Tim Curry tv two parter?
>>
File: 1413053260033.jpg (2MB, 1885x2590px) Image search: [Google]
1413053260033.jpg
2MB, 1885x2590px
>>81363140
Fucking hated this movie, but that was me and my expectations being dashed.

Also, not saying pic related are good horror, just something to spark talk.
>>
>>81369192
So many plot (time?) holes, but interesting at least
>>
File: IMG_IMG_IMG.jpg (146KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_IMG_IMG.jpg
146KB, 539x960px
>>81381532
>recent horror movies
>>
>>81381611
Trollhunter and Stitches were great, fuck you.
>>
>>81362480
nah this was one o the worst movies i saw last year, and I had high hopes, feels like a syfy original made for tv movie. In an era of horror movies making their characters behave somewhat intelligently this was downright infuriating to watch. Seriously stupidest characters of the year. I liked the mother and daughter dynamic but that's it, would've preferred a movie with no monster and just the two of them on a road trip over what i got honestly.
>>
>>81363094
session 9, more for the aesthetic and setting than for any kind of physics fuckery.
>>
File: p11804231_p_v8_aa.jpg (290KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p11804231_p_v8_aa.jpg
290KB, 960x1440px
DUDE IRONY LMAO
>>
File: bestoutthere.jpg (10KB, 180x281px) Image search: [Google]
bestoutthere.jpg
10KB, 180x281px
Is this the best horror movie ever?
>>
>>81382523
No But top 100
>>
>>81382523
DUDE STUPID FACES AND COMEDY LMAO
>>
>>81382566
You're thinking of Evil Dead 2 nice try though :^)
>>
>>81382634
Oops, my bad. :^(
>>
>>81382566
>>81382667
You should feel triply bad, you fucking fag
>>
File: IMG_5210.jpg (249KB, 640x947px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5210.jpg
249KB, 640x947px
the opening scene was so promising but then it didn't pan out
>>
>>81382985
>Watching any horror passed 2000

why even bother?
>>
>>81383010

First half of Mama. It Follows.
>>
>>81383055
ok ill make an exception for it follows.
>>
File: p10023_p_v8_aa.jpg (335KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p10023_p_v8_aa.jpg
335KB, 960x1440px
noroi
kairo
the gate
american psycho
martyrs (2008)
>>
>>81381532
american mary!?!?!?!?! YIKES
>>
>>81383055
>>81383075
but It Follows is dog shit after the scene in the house with the girl pissing herself
>>
>>81369007
saw a bit of encounters, didn't like it, but enjoyed Resolution, you should see their other film spring, weird horror romance movie
>>
>>81383231
ok what would you consider good?
>>
>>81383010
Because I'm not a stupid generalist? Seems like a good guess
>>
>>81383231
Try >>>/b/, it's more on your brain level
>>
>>81383171
What's wrong with it it?
I saw it and didn't like it too much, it just made never sad. I'm curious as to others opinions on both it though
>>
>>81373355
Dog Soldiers was top tier for this.
>>
>>81383266
>>81366010

>>81383376
"how do we beat this ghost following us"
"throw toasters at it in a swimming pool"
yeah it's genius
>>
>>81383392
tacked on villain at end to make the antagonist seem justified.
the forced we're different so we're great subculture

the lack of plot
uninteresting side villain,

waste of main actress using rape as her
means to be a bad person

her weird relationship with the club owner unnecessary imaginary sexual attraction.

poorly written, could be awesome to have a female serial killer film but this wasn't good as a movie
>>
>>81383561
>Thinking kids have scientific rational ideas when scared

wew lad
>>
>>81383561
That's your gripe? not the unexplainable ghost thing but a few kids' ideas?

What a sad sad life you must live.
>>
>>81363514
Holy shit /tv/ has terrible taste
>>
>>81383684
Unexplainable ghosts aren't a gripe in Horror, a master plan of electrifying it when shooting it in the head already failed, the fuck
>>
>>81383684
why would I have a problem with the premise of the movie? You suspend your disbelief when watching movies, but obviously you're too dumb to understand that

Yes, I have a problem with a horrible ending and not the idea for the movie
>>
>>81383593
pay attention everyone, this is the kind of person that likes It Follows
>>
I recently watched Before I Wake and Lights Out, both of which were average but pretty decent.

Lights Out had one particular moment at the end where the cops try to shoot the monster and it disappears with the light from the gunshot and the mom ultimately commits sudoku to stop it which made the whole movie for me. The main grill is kinda boring though.

Before I wake also had a flat main grill, but everything happening around her was enough to keep it going. I felt the ending was a bit weak, however could just be not to my taste.

>>81362448
I screamed like a girl when Black Phillip gores the father into the wood pile. Not done that in any other movie.

I was also on acid so maybe that had something to do with it. Total immersion.

>>81362275
Really enjoyed this. Totally agree about the ending, I was ready for the cliche. One similar I can think of would be "The Tunnel" from 2011.

>>81363094
Canadian kino.
>>
>>81383864
ebin
>>
>>81383770
The shot to the head happened during their little plan.

>>81383818
Then suspend your disbelief that kids could come up with a good plan

>>81383864
>>>/r9k/ mentality
>>
Hey guys it's a Q&A with the director and producer of It Follows
>>
Almost forgot /tv/ had no taste.
>>
Worst Horror you EVER saw?

Going to go with the Taurus DOTD2 Contagium piece of fucking shit.
>>
>>81383938
Take your meds, child
>>
okay now get in the swimming pool i'm throwing electronics in with the ghost!!

oh shit u got shocked!! how???
>>
File: trash.jpg (296KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
296KB, 960x1440px
>>81384015
pic related
>>
>>81365790

Reality has been rewritten. Causality has been broken. The things beyond space and time are here. Sam Neills character finally has a mental break and accepts the new world. That is if his character even existed before Sutter Kane wrote him. The movie is really about the fourth wall, the concept of fiction and the creation thereof.
>>
>>81384129
What is your first language anon? Apparently not English.
>>
>>81384213
Oh you can't understand english? Weird you must be really dumb

But I knew that already because you like It Follows
>>
>>81384161

Jesus Christ I dvr'd the "special edition" of this having no idea what the fuck it was.
>>
>>81384015
probably Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

I'm okay with bad horror movies but this one wasn't even entertaining
>>
>>81384263
Feels like I'm speaking to a Russian lol
>>
Who Haunter here?
>>
>>81384353
What an awful experience. I PAID to watch it in theaters because my girlfriend at the time kept bitching to see it.
>>
>>81384372
lol it's pathetic how hard you're diverting the subject because you can't defend a bad movie
>>
>>81384015
i still know what you did last summer
urban legends: bloody mary
halloween curse of michael myers
blair witch 2
>>
>>81384015
Probably something like those sequels to Children of the Corn and Hellraiser from a few years ago or any of the other forgettable shit on netflix where nothing happens. >>81384161 was a shitty cash in for teens but I'd take it over something that was clearly made as a tax write off any day.
>>
>>81384441
Lol im not even the anon who was defending It Follows.
>>
Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is underrated
>>
>>81384397

Lo siento. Was there anyone else there?

>>81384447

Solid list of garbage.
>>
>>81384441
Really, what anyone has with your type is a bemused observing of a so unaware spectacle of imbecility.
There's no need to argue if the person on the other side is, like you, a retard.
>>
>>81384511
it was fine

most recent one was pretty horrible
>>
>>81361980
the lead actress is cute in a heroin chic sort of way
>>
>>81384511
More like overrated
>>
>>81384543
That new Leatherface movie is also going to be a shitshow.
>>
>>81384576
yeah but i know im gonna waste 12 bucks watching that shit

Beginning wasn't bad either
>>
>>81384525
lol nerd
>>
>>81384576
it'll be kino just like inside, livid and among the living
>>
File: 1463673694081.jpg (869KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1463673694081.jpg
869KB, 1836x2448px
>>81384382
Actually better than I expected. Wish it wasn't so PG-13 though. Vincenzo Natali needs to do more horror movies
>>
>>81384015
Mainly B shit I watched out of curiosity

>yellowbrickroad
>sx tape
>from a house on willow st
Special mention to this as it's the most recent pile of shit I've seen with one of the first scenes seemingly consisting of dialogue culled from dumb frogposter threads. There are countless others but these leapt out to me first as irredeemable and utter shit
>>
>>81384641

I think it somehow managed to work better without gore FUCK YOU ALL'S and tits.
>>
>>81384525
You thought you would sound cool saying this but it's really fucking cringey
>>
>>81363366
kys
>>
>>81384519
Not empty but not full at all either, It might have been a couple days after it first released.
>>
>>81384641
His "Elevated" short film is still one of my fav horrors.
>>
>>81384623
>>81384721
That's it? Got tired of shitposting, babby?
>>
>>81384797
you like it follows

your life's bad enough without me shitting on you
>>
File: 197694.jpg (614KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
197694.jpg
614KB, 1200x1600px
It's literally impossible to find a torrent for this.
>>
>>81382985
I absolutely loved it, see why it wouldn't be for others. It's like a dream, a fairy tale.
>>
Is /horror/ just one big shitpost?
>>
>>81384827
Tragic that even in shitposting you can't do more than reach mediocrity. Maybe it works fine on your original board
>>
>>81384720
It didn't necessarily have to have those, just heavier themes. It gave me a CW vibe when I watched it.
>>
>>81384836
umm, no. think again sweetie

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7B7856B0FFE29FA3A0463D08917F1DF35EA73B52&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=%D0%A1%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B8%20%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%B2%D1%83%D1%89%D0%B8%D1%85%20%2F%20Among%20the%20Living%20%2F%20Aux%20yeux%20des%20vivants%20(%D0%90%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%80%20%D0%91%D1%83%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%BE%2C%20%D0%96%D1%8E%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B5%D0%BD%20%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%20%2F%20Alexandre%20Bustillo%2C%20Julien%20Maury)%20%5B2014%2C%20%D0%A4%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F%2C%20%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%8B%2C%20%D1%84%D1%8D
>>
>>81384938
Sorry. I should've said a torrent with seeds.
>>
>>81385047
That has 2.
>>
>>81385165
It has 0.
>>
>>81362796

The one that affected me the most was the one in the first Insidious movie - the one where you see the demon's face over the lady's shoulder. Was holding a bunch of Dots candy in my hand in the theater... when that scare popped up I threw the candy everywhere.
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 258x43px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 258x43px
>>81385176
nigga theres one seeder on
>>
>>81362796

When I was a kid my sister and I watched the original Salem's Lot when we were way too fucking young. Barlow rising up in the jail cell and the risen Mike LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME TEACHER! Fucked us up for months.
>>
Anyone going to make another tred? I am getting loaded and could use some more horror talk.

I'll make it if anyone else wants.
>>
>>81385649
Make it senpai, let's talk.
>>
>>81385674

>>81385809
>>81385809
>>81385809
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.