[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >Rick reveals his sole motivation is Szechwan sauce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 20

>be me
>Rick reveals his sole motivation is Szechwan sauce
>turn off TV and walk out of living room

Literally couldn't make it through this episode, boys
>>
Hah I get it, cause it's the end of the episode!!!

Nice xD
>>
>>81276451
>Nice xD
stopped reading right there
>>
File: 1475284426531.png (475KB, 842x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1475284426531.png
475KB, 842x1128px
Why did this sauce triggered you autists so much?

To my understanding it just mmeant that Rick doesn't have a motivation for his deeds and just wanted to make Marty shit his pants with that retarded rent.
>>
Lmao I'm upvoting this thread
>>
>>81276527
same
>>
>>81276395
Its mocking you, and not subtly, and thats the hilarious part.
>>
its anti-humour you retard
>>
>>81276618
>*BURPPP* God's not real Morty
>the redditor takes a step back from the laughter to remember that G*d is indeed an opioid for the masses
>Y-y-your parents are fucking idiots Morty every*URP*body is stupid except for me
>the redditor laughs at the joke but knows deep down that he and Rick are one in the same, misunderstood geniuses with no need for human companionship
>WUBALABADUBDUB SCRUPPY POOPY DOOPY DOO
>The redditor gets Rick's edgy sense of postmodern abstract humor and posts a detailed review of the episode praising it's artistic merits
>mmmm get schwifty
>the redditor's mind buckles beneath the weight of its own genius and he escapes into a state of intellectual nirvana
>>
>>81276651
i can tell you've never actually watched more than 1 episode because the god stuff is a meme and not an integral part of the show at all
>>
I'm unironically watching Get Shwifty and smoking weed laughing equally at the show and your collective butthurt.
>>
>>81276651
You realize that hating post-modern humor is itself post-modern?
>>
>>81276701
Except they literally say it right on the show
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6F2wEcdGo8
>>
>>81276723
Good ffor you my man. Living the dream.
>>
>>81276723
How dare you smoke weed my man

DUDE WEED LMAO

Here's my meme.
>>
>>81276723
At least watch a better episode.
>>
Is S3E1 the final nail in the coffin for Drumpf and the alt right?
>>
>people take one off joke seriously
>Everyone thinking the memory is something to even go on when Rick fabricated the entire fucking thing

The only thing this episode does is shows how everything goes back to normal everything's ng else should be ignored why is this hard to understand? How much did you smoke while watching it
>>
>>81276701
>integral
it might not be the premise of an episode, but he says it twice in the show. once in the vacuum of space, and another time when they're at the dinner table.
>"There is no god summer, gotta rip that band-aid off now you'll thank me later."
no joke or in the heat of the moment, just matter of factly.
>>
>>81276894
Except the part where Morty's parents are divorced
>>
>>81276973
Well kind of but let's be honest that was coming sooner or later
>>
>>81276973

That will be a two-episode, or at most one-season, arc.
>>
>>81276498
it's just the normie fanbase won't shut up about this mystery sauce because it must be the holy grail of condiments.

people overly obsessed with a cartoon
>>
>>81276395
:(
https://youtu.be/BdpyvMgBQTk
B R A V O
O
I
L
A
N
D
>>
>>81276468
pretty sure you didnt missed nothing ok
>>
>>81276395
jfc im actually going to have to watch this show because its all over the internet. i fucking hate that
>>
>>81276395
It probably went over your head.
>>
>>81277879
>people overly obsessed with a cartoon

Says the guy posting on the thread #2366258499651616 about said cartoon
>>
>>81276731
nihlistic humour isn't the same as postmodern (although postmodernism can lead to forms of nihlism). This show has very little to do with postmodernism at all. Especially not its humour.
>>
File: annoyed-dude-come-on-l.png (41KB, 962x1073px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-dude-come-on-l.png
41KB, 962x1073px
>>81276395

this board is fucking dead

>invaded with capeshit 24/7
>invaded with meme bait one liner threads
>invaded by /pol/ threads
and now
>invaded with Rick & Morty

I actually find it relieving to see a Bane thread once a in awhile amidst all these filth
>>
File: 1491204651404.png (526KB, 470x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1491204651404.png
526KB, 470x1096px
>>81279043
>not getting the joke
>>
>>81280005

You are clearly a newfag who hasn't been through enough cycles here.

Do you even L O S T?
>>
>>81276651
fuckin copypastaaaaaa make some pasta with all the pasta you have leftover you motherfucker
>>
>>81276395
>>be me
>>>/b/
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 391x129px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 391x129px
>>81276395
Why is nobody mentioning Shoney's? I really fucking want some now but they all closed here.
>>
>>81276468
>>81276562
>>81276618
>>81276701
It sure is Reddit in here, I've never seen so much newfaggotry in one place before
>>
>>81280160
I was here during the golden age of /tv/ that is L O S T. board was brimming with OC discussions left and right. closest we got after that was during the BB era, after that its pure utter shitposts
>>
>>81276395
You'd think someone as smart as that guy would've learned how to make the sauce.

Oh right, the wacky senseless """humor"" all the smart people like to watch.
>>
>>81276498
>>81276395
>>81276894
I thought the point was that Rick was lying about lying. The equation was fake, but he is so radically different from the Council of Ricks because he witnessed his family die by their hands, which is also why he legitimately treasures Morty and Summer in a way that they never would

Yet at the same time he hates to acknowledge his feelings so much that he had to scream in Morty's face "FUCK YOU MORTY IT'S ONLY ABOUT THE SZECHUAN SAUCE I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL"

I mean, remember the splitting universe episode how quickly Rick decided he would die to save Morty? How does that jive with any of the mean shit he said to Morty in this episode?
>>
>>81276395

why don't you dipshits discuss it over at

>>>/co/?
>>
Back to reddid with R&M trash
>>
>>81281341
the rick and morty subreddit was created by roiland
>>
>>81281341

>implying that the attempted rape wasnt played anything but absolutely seriously

> implying that rick murdering the jelly bean king for fucking with Morty wasnt heart warming

I hate reddit sometimes
>>
How many Morty's has Rick killed?

Why do people think Jerry was wrong to try and keep Rick away from his family?
I mean, his real son is dead and buried in his backyard because of how irresponsible of a guardian Rick is.

Why is Jerry wrong?
>>
>>81276395

this is some next level viral meme redditry right here boys. retarded but obseqiuous interest in some mcdonalds sauce pops up here and there. then a trashy meme reddit TV show does some trashy meme viral reference shit with it. swear to fucking god i'm getting a prostate exam tomorrow.
>>
>>81276498
>Rick doesn't have a motivation for his deeds and just wanted to make Marty shit his pants with that retarded rent.
How much was the rent?
>>
File: rnm.png (350KB, 803x591px) Image search: [Google]
rnm.png
350KB, 803x591px
wtf? I love rick and morty now!
>>
>>81282271
>Hurr wat is typo
>>
>>81280804
(You)
>>
why do they say their names 500x an episode?

shitty writing?
>>
>>81282830
>we want the reddit audience
>>
If he's so smart why doesn't he know that szechuan sauce is a thing that exists and not just a mcdonalds product.
>>
File: 1489848989533.png (1MB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
1489848989533.png
1MB, 946x946px
>>
>>81276925

Why are you saying that like its a bad thing?

when the hero of a show, or the "smart character" says an opinion, that doesn't imply that the show wants you to have that opinion
>>
I really wish you guys would stop making threads about this. There are a lot of bad shows with shitty writing that deserve threads but Rick and Morty is far from it. You're allowed to not like the show. You're allowed to hate it. You're allowed to meme against it. But 12 threads a day? For a fucking cartoon show? Clearly Dan Harmon is behind this. FUCK OFF ADULT SWIM.
>>
>>81282911
Stopped reading this thread right here
>>
>>81282665
Reddit's actually kind of right about that one. Weird.
>>
This thread is around 60% Reddit
>>
>he doesn't watch rick and morty and 420 everyday
Bunch of faggots
>>
>>81281341
>intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour

truly its redditchan
>>
>>81282911
>You're allowed to not like the show. You're allowed to hate it.
Am I allowed to like it or is liking a thing some users of another irrelevant but more popular website also happen a no no?Try not to shit your pants while replying.
>inb4 le rebbit xd
>>
Can someone post that pasta about hove Sherlock is a smart character written by dumb people? I feel like its the same deal with Rick, which is like r*ddit likes it so much.
>>
>>81282911
let them make their threads just do it over at /co/mblr not here at /tv/
>>
>>81280982
My issue is that its just simply annoying in every way
Rick has just become a shitty annoying character at this point
>>
>>81277879
Starting with \tv. The reddit show everyone loves to hate. too much obsesion. Sad
>>
>>81283215
Look, we're trying to save you from yourself, man.
You're simply not equipped atm to make an informed opinion on this topic.
Heed your warnings or forever live in regret.
>>
>>81283107
lol you're the faggot
Go back 2 Reddit
>>
>>81283367
No, you
>>
Guys, I'm thinking about creating an app where you can customize your own "Rick" avatar from the Council of Ricks multiverse.

I need some ideas. What would your Rick look like?
>>
Reddit please fuck off already
>>
>>81281341
Dont make me delete that comment

T. Mod
>>
>>81276770
yeah, he prays to god then denounces him after things go well. They aren't pushing a stand on the matter, Rick is just an asshole. That's the point.
>>
File: 857.jpg (210KB, 760x648px) Image search: [Google]
857.jpg
210KB, 760x648px
>>81283610
>he thinks this is reddit and not /tv/ incarnate
They made this to honor them.
>>
>>81283336
but he hasn't changed at all...
>>
>>81277879
>because it must be the holy grail of condiments.
>Thinking they're doing this mainly to eat some shitty fast food sauce
>Being on /tv/ and not recognizing the tell tale signs of an alternative form of Baneposting
Jesus Christ some people.

And just to clarify because someone won't understand: I'm not saying it will last for eternity like Baneposting, but the reason people post it is the same as it was originally with the example.
>>
>>81276395
Why do you have to be such a faggot OP
>>
>>81283345
>Heed your warnings or forever live in regret.
Wish someone would have told me that over 10 years ago when I found this website, I wouldn't be having this retarded conversation on an East Timorese rice farming discussion forum to begin with.
>>
>>81276395
>be me
who...who else would you be?
>>
>>81282894
Haha, Rick is just like me :^)
>>
>>81283788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Z0tbg6Phs
>>
I love this threads
>>
>>81280629
Only newfags actually write a comment to complain about (((((newfags))))
>>
Rick and Morty is funny

Get over it
>>
>>81282862
>all ketchup tastes the same
>>
Great thread! I'll be surfing reddit while I wait for updates!
>>
desu tho that sauce sounds pretty good. Mcdonald's apes chinese food, the nineties must have been a wild ride.
>>
>>81276894
>Memory fabricated

It was probably a real memory, but Rick was actually the older one who came through the portal (think about it, if his wife and young Beth were killed how could Beth still be alive and have given birth to Morty?)
>>
>>81280629
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>more rick and morty threads

You're all secretly in love with this show
>>
>>81284708
I was alive for that. It was pretty tasty.
>>
>>81280005
>le everything is shit but bane is somehow good because its da 4chan lulz armie original xDDD

Pathetic. Truly pathetic
>>
>>81283576
Like me, just Rick-ier
>>
>>81285476
Stay mad redditor
>>
>>81276395
I thought the idea was Rick went even further off the deep end than usual, implying that the [simulated brain machine from the beginning, can't remember it's name] had partly melted as it was warned it would do over and over
>>
LMAO!!! EPIC XD

edit: rip my inbox
>>
the show is great, in fact the first season was A+ simply because co-creator Harmon was at his peak before he fell into another spiral (probably one he won't get out of, it seems he's doomed to be a B-grade writer and a B-grade podcaster for the rest of his days)

but the show is still very, very funny even though the fanbase is becoming bloated and insufferable very quickly

but /tv/ & /co/ much like reddit isn't helping from promoting it whether ironically or post-ironically
>>
>>
This board is awful
>>
>>>/co/
>>>/co/
>>>/co/
>>>/co/
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81283014
It's almost as if the person who wrote that comment... doesn't actually represent all of reddit.
>>
>>81276395
>walk out of living room
you watch tv on the tv?

people do that?
>>
>>81285100
I absolutely unironically enjoy it and Bojack. I probably belong on Reddit but I've honestly never been and have no desire to go.

I also don't suck either show's dick incessantly if that counts for anything. I just enjoy them.
>>
>>81286294
Reddit sucks huge dicks. Just imagine how you sort of like a few things, then imagine you pretended that your entire life revolved around those things and that each and every conversation was a way to subtly insinuate that you're the coolest person who knows the most about that topic while being flippant about it.
So it's essentially 4chan that still has to pander to normies and women in between bouts of oneupsmanship.
>>
>>81286294
you belong on >>>/co/ for Comics & Cartoons you fucking retard now fuck off
>>
>>81286294
bojack sucks
you suck
>>
The shows sthick gets old fast, like during season 1.

>go on some adventure
>a ton of unfunny shit happens, sprinkled with in is some decent laughs
>gets meta about the episode with some comment and also how [insert character] is wasting time with 'this bit' (seriously they say that once an episode, lol meta!)
>Rick doesn't actually care and his ultimate goal was some other shit. oh my god what a twist!

I dunno.
>inb4 no sense of humor

No it honestly just isn't really as laugh out loud hilarious as people say. I will admit there are some funny moments. The shows layout gets tiresome tho
>>
>>81276618
No it isn't
>>
>>81283280
>>
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
>>
>>81285476
fuck out of here hothead
>>
>>81277879
I only hear about this shit on hear. But then again I don't go on Reddit.
>>
>>81280804
So that's why Reddit is more successful than this shithole
>>
>>81276498
The only person slightly important to him is Morty, mostly because he had to spend time with him because the Morty field.

He would ditch everyone else but Morty

i find that Ricky's Mad Villain monologue at the end of the episode shows this

People says that they threw away his character development, but i think he just had more character development, just in reverse
>>
>>81276395
>>>/r/rickandmorty/
>>
How spicy was the sauce? Real szechuan peppers are hot little bastards, I doubt they'd let something mass produced be even slightly hot.
>>
>>81288377
Man probably not at all. Ever have the ghost pepper burger at Red Robin? Tastes like ground black pepper at fucking best.
>>
>>81289427
peppers that hot don't even have flavor anyways, it's pointless. There's a nice balance between the flavor and heat and taking it that far is just dumb.
>>
File: 1363469072364.gif (831KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
1363469072364.gif
831KB, 300x221px
>>81276395
>>be me
You need to go back.
>>
>>81276651
Since the devil is real I really hope the next episode is Rick dead cause his brain turned to mush talking to Metatron as he gleefully lists all the reasons Rick isn't going to heaven. Then he makes a deal with the devil to come back alive except the devil remembers Rick and makes the worst deal possible so Rick is fucked till the end of time.
>>
>>81282862
why doesn't he go to a universe where mcdonalds still uses that shit?
>>
>>81280982
I also think he's supposed to have some kind of PTSD from the whole ordeal. I mean, even in the Rick and Morty universe, there's bound to be a few screws loose after transferring your consciousness God knows how many times while destroying a gigantic federation and a whole bunch of other yous.
>>
>>81290814
That would ruin the joke.
>>
>>81276925
> 2 times in 22 episodes
> Somehow it's the only thing /tv/ bitches about
>>
>>81277879

It was actually a secret ad by MacDonalds.
>>
Rick and Morty is funny.

Get over it.
>>
>>81291947
>MacDonalds
get the fuck out of here grandpa, redneck fucking rapist
>>
>>81286666
They don't say it once an episode. They don't even do it once an episode. You quoted the latest episode and used it as an argument.

If you don't like the show that's fine but don't make shit up.
>>
>>81277879
>Normies
Haven't heard anyone bring up the sauce at all. I talk to people and the most I get is "oh, ha, yea that show is pretty funny. It's weird sometimes though."

I think you faggots just scroll Reddit and jerk off to how much it triggers you.
>>
>>81276770
but this joke is making fun of fedora atheists if anything. it shows Rick as a hypocritical asshole, he's not supposed to be a possitive character my dude
>>
File: unamused.png (706KB, 501x535px) Image search: [Google]
unamused.png
706KB, 501x535px
>>81276468
>stopped reading right there
stopped reading right there.
>>
>>81292794
>.
stopped reading there
>>
Come on though, OP, it's szechuan!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0H5WI9yjAwL
>>
This show gets a bad rap because it attracts the LE SCIENCE IS KEWL crowd
>>
File: enhance.jpg (15KB, 300x313px) Image search: [Google]
enhance.jpg
15KB, 300x313px
>>81292909
Subtle.
>>
>>81286666
yeah but thats why the normie cucks and redditors love it. Its obvious and really makes the psueodointellectuals think

this is THE show for psueds
>>
>>81276723
Haha woah dude! You're crazy!
>>
File: arbeitmachtfrei.jpg (82KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
arbeitmachtfrei.jpg
82KB, 540x960px
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
File: I like soft, sensual kisses.png (270KB, 845x477px) Image search: [Google]
I like soft, sensual kisses.png
270KB, 845x477px
>>81293070
And yet, the lives of each of us is almost infinitely-happier than that of yours. Oh, to witness your pathetic misery even once, that would just brighten up my day.

Stay mad, "oldfag". Stay so very mad.
>>
>>81286143

>...

Suck my black cock you faggot piece of shit
>>
literally the only place you could hear praise about this show regularly is reddit and /co/
considering these threads on /tv/ instead of /co/ literally the only possible explanation for being so upset is that you're a typical self loathing, closet redditor
go be OBSESSED somewhere else fags
>>
File: BRODY.png (439KB, 854x437px) Image search: [Google]
BRODY.png
439KB, 854x437px
>>81293162
Do you find it... uneasy when people place a dramatic pause before... finishing their sentence?
>>
why do yanks care so much about fucking cartoons
>>
>>81293303
Cartoons are the only shows that American adults can watch in their entirety
>>
>>81276468
>that little blue bar with all the little blue numbers in it

Stopped reading there if i'm quite fucking honest with you my friend
>>
>>81280463
I lost my collective shit when I saw the Shoney's shout out. To anyone who's never eat there, Shoney's is like a family friendly buffet/diner. There food isn't great, but if you're looking for a cheap and amazing breakfast buffet with a comfy atmosphere, Shoney's is the place to be. The fact that he made it his safe space in his head as just icing on the cake.
>>
File: Shoneys.jpg (123KB, 576x268px) Image search: [Google]
Shoneys.jpg
123KB, 576x268px
>>81293989
>>
>>81292996
>repeat the joke that was said twice before
>subtle
>>
>>81276468
>Anonymous
Stopped reading
>>
>>81282141
Jerry wasn't wrong. Even his wife was agreeing until she saw her dad again then two faced her own husband instantly.
>>
File: You Fell For My Cunning Ruse.jpg (543KB, 1536x1902px) Image search: [Google]
You Fell For My Cunning Ruse.jpg
543KB, 1536x1902px
>>81294014
The joke was that I the word "subtle" was being used in the other sense. The tiny, light-green dot on the blue background, namely. That joke itself falling into the original category of misleading use of a term, but in a new way relative to what was quoted.
>>
>>81293303
Cartoons are fun.
>>
>>81276498
I just realised Morty is called Morty because he's a reference to Marty from BTTF because of your misspelling.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.