[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 22

File: 1491248787891.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491248787891.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
No Marvel. Make your own thread for that comparison dick measuring shit

I really hope that all this "course correction" bullshit doesn't interfere with Zack making the next great capekino.

I don't mind shit being a little more light hearted. But I want the boundary pushing. I want to see Batman all fucked up after having killed people. I want to see the world struggling with heroes.

And I hope Gotham is full on comic book.
>>
>No R-rated Red Hood movie directed by the John Wick directors

True suffering.
>>
>>81246271
>And I hope Gotham is full on comic book.

Assuming this bit with Batman standing on a statue of the grim reaper is in Gotham then I'd say we're in good hands.
>>
I want to see Lex go completely insane
>>
>>81246271
I want Superman to go full sci fi again the Krypton bits of MoS were amazing
>>
>>81246437

Yet.

Let Nightwing and Batgirl do well. Everyone is already sizing up R-rated comic movies.
>>
>>81246453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZKPzEnZ-4

forgot the link
>>
>>81246493

You have a storyline in mind?

I suppose there's always Kandor
>>
>>81246505
>>
>>81246271

what course correction?

what if they meant course correction after the suicide squad disaster
>>
File: nintchdbpict000313145890.jpg (116KB, 960x680px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000313145890.jpg
116KB, 960x680px
>>81246271
I'VE

BECOME SO NUMB
>>
Will Justice League mention the effects of the nuke fallout used to kill Doomsday and Superman have on Earth?
>>
>>81246612

It was the buzz. Probably just press spin, but they acted like they were listening. Pretending that JL is going to be more hopeful in response to the critics.

Instead of it being how it was always supposed to be a la Terrio
>>
>>81246534
A proper Brainiac as the villain for starters
>>
>>81246495
>Batgirl before based Red Hood

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I think this is it lads, the moment when no amount of Disney or Marvel bribes to reviewers can hold back Zack 'leave capekino to me' Snyder.

This is the big one. Day one 9/10 certified fresh 99% RT rating.
>>
>>81246829

Batgirl was popular long before Jason "I'll piss off the fans until they vote to kill me" Todd
>>
>>81246271
Any word on what role ARGUS will play moving ahead?
>>
>>81246879
I hope they cast a hot one for Barbara.

I don't want to sound like /pol/, but please, I would appreciate it if they go racially faithful to the source material for the casting.
>>
>>81246505
That shit looks amazing.
>>
>>81246918

No telling. But I need more Amanda Waller.

I am really hoping KGBeast survived and gets put into Suicide Squad
>>
>>81246946
Batman glistening as he stands on a statue of Death in a lightning storm, dick pointing straight into the lens. It's 110% SNYDER.
>>
>>81246756
One nuke on the edge of space wouldn't have much effect on the ground. Fallout is irradiated dust kicked up by the nuke, so no dust = no fallout.
>>
>>81246437
If this version of Batman is ok with killing people then that kind of defeats the purpose of Red Hood
>>
>>81247086
Didn't Batman decide to stop killing by the end of BvS?
>>
>>81246979
Ooooh, burn-scarred KGBeast would make a great addition. To be honest, I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see him and Bats square off, but that could legitimately happen via the Squad.

Related note: do you guys think we'll find out that Lex was somehow in league with Waller or are they just two separate visionaries seizing the moment?
>>
You have 10 seconds.

Cast Power Girl.
>>
File: 1482009419177.jpg (1MB, 3100x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1482009419177.jpg
1MB, 3100x2112px
Oh, dont mind me
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-49-00.png (338KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-02-20-49-00.png
338KB, 1080x1920px
>>81247086

He isn't.

Alfred talks about "new rules." The movie goes into it with how much the destruction of Metropolis fucked him up.

It'll be better when Red Hood realizes Batman would lose his shit and kill people because Superman sent him over the edge, but not when the Joker beat him to death

It'll also be poignant when Batman talks about what effect killing has on you
>>
>>81247180
Mammario.
>>
>>81246979
Maybe he'll come back as Firefly
>>
>>81247224
Big boobs alone dont make power girl fool
>>
>>81246271
>hurr more edge
snyder's movies are shit faggot. This is why said course correction is needed. Superman isn't supposed to be dark.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
>>
>>81246505
why do they use such generic music? Fucking awful
>>
>>81247153

I think they're separate.

I imagine Lex worked with the government in compiling his info on the League. But Waller had more.

And they had different end goals

Is there ever a story where Waller gets leverage/control over someone like the Flash? He was on her wish list
>>
Hey guys, remember when Superman contemplated whether or not to help humanity even though Zod out front said he was gonna make Earth suffer consequences. What a fucking idiot lol.
>>
I don't like the direction of the new movies. Strays too far from what made BvS and MoS great.
>>
>>81247261
But Power Girl is identified by her titties.

She's Superman with big tittays.
>>
>>81247333
remember when supermans mom told him he doesn't owe the world anything? Real good values she instilled in her son. Pure edge
>>
>>81247286

Superman isn't "dark." Superheroes with consequences isn't dark. He's not raping people or tearing hearts out. He's dealing with the fallout of his actions

That's not dark. Just makes the world more relatable

If you want dark, check out the comic where Superman subdues Zod and then decides to execute him.
>>
>>81247228
Depending on how much of the prequel comics remains canon, there already *is* a Firefly.

http://m.imgur.com/a/3Lb3d
>>
>>81247335

I feel like it's a lot of marketing shit to attract the blockbuster crowd.

We haven't seen any of the meat of it.
>>
>>81246793
I heard there might be a Braniac in Superman's direct sequel *and* a flashback to Zod and Faora fighting him off.

Also, I hope like hell that Krypton TV show is still happening.
>>
>>81247333
>>81247419

Remember when he was given 24 hours to decide? Remember when what he was deciding was whether to let the government make the choice or just fuck off and turn himself over to Zod?

Remember when idiots decided that heroes owe us heroism instead of it being a choice they make every time they go to bat for us?
>>
>>81247419
Yeah after he'd already saved the literal planet from Zod and saved thousands of others from shipwrecks, floods, fires etc. throughout his life.

She was just taking the pressure off him, reminding him that he didn't truly have a duty to others, that they weren't entitled to his help. That he should only be Superman if he wants to, and Clark knows that he wants to save people as long as there's still some good in the world, so he doesn't quit.
>>
>>81247707

Heroes owe us heroism? When the hell did the movie say that?

Also is the "idiot" you're talking about John Stuart Mill or Edmund Burke?
>>
>>81247799
as opposed to the figurative planet?
>>
>>81247799
I like Ma Kent. They don't try to make her this perfect voice of wisdom. She's just a woman who wants her son to lead a happy life.
>>
>>81247799
Good post
>>
File: 1461154185960.jpg (40KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
1461154185960.jpg
40KB, 570x574px
>>81247553
>Zod and Faora fighting him off.

Oh god i want this so much
>>
>>81247707

>Remember when he was given 24 hours to decide? Remember when what he was deciding was whether to let the government make the choice or just fuck off and turn himself over to Zod?

Are you retarded? There's literally one answer here. Go out there give yourself up. Zod isn't going to be stopped. He does nothing and everyone dies.

>Remember when idiots decided that heroes owe us heroism instead of it being a choice they make every time they go to bat for us?

Hurr durr I destroyed public property multiple times but I don't owe humanity shit.
>>
>>81247799
>so he doesn't quit.

Is that why he flies off to the mountains?
>>
>>81247799
>you can save hundreds of people daily with your powers and it takes the effort of barely lifting a finger.
>but just do it if you want to. Heh fuck em.
I don't know what shithole part of the world you live in but that isn't small town American values
>>
>>81247799

>That he should only be Superman if he wants to

That's what's so great about BvS. He decides he does want to. The world tries to push him away and he decides that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>81247830
>Also is the "idiot" you're talking about John Stuart Mill or Edmund Burke?

The idiots I'm talking about are the ones who can't infer the meaning of "be all of those things or none of it," implying that the life he chooses to lead is no one's choice but his own. If he chooses heroism, it's his own decision. He's under no more obligation to take that role for humanity than the rest of us are to all become public servants, policemen, or EMTs.
>>
>>81248022

If you watch the rest of the movie, he comes back from the mountains of his own volition and saves the world.
>>
Why does DC movies suck?
>>
>>81247799
That's a retarded argument. Of course it's his responsibility. What kind of fucked reality do Snyder and Snyder Superman fans live in? If you have the ability to help someone but you don't because you don't want to what kind of person are you?
>>
>>81248062

Ah I got you. I misunderstood your earlier post.
>>
>>81247962
It would be so great to see Zod in his role as an actual protector of Krypton.
>>
>>81248062
unless of course you're practically indestructible and there's very little risk to you due to your godlike powers. Unlike the risk that pubilc servants, policemen and emts actually have.
>>
>>81248077
But he quit didn't he? Nothing is stopping him from doing it again.
>>
>>81248140
So do you defer to the power of the tallest man to rescue all the kittens stuck in trees?
>>
They really should have started this universe slowly with baby steps instead of trying to play catch-up.

After MoS, the following year should've been Batman and the year after that, Wonder Woman. After that, The Trinity movie in 2016 instead of BvS.

From then on, Flash movie and Aquaman movie in 2017 followed by Cyborg movie and Green Lantern movie in 2018. Close off the phase 1 with Justice League in 2019.

It could have gone like that, but no, they decided to rush it. What a shame.
>>
>>81248098
the edgiest reality
>>
>>81248175
nice non argument. And no you defer to firefighters with truck ladders.
>>
>>81248166

No. He didn't. He went off into the mountains. Thought about it, and came back. In costume. Saving lives.

And he put his own life on the
Iine twice with the nuke and then Doomsday himself.

You'd have a point if there wasn't the rest of the movie to give it context
>>
>>81248194
How many starving people did you feed today? Could you have? Then by your logic, you have failed your fellow man.

Interestingly, there's a clipping on Wally's cork board about Superman doing that very thing. It serves to illustrate that 1) he really is just that caring, and 2) he hasn't quite figured his role out yet. If he had, someone else would have already been inspired by his example and looking out for his neighbors.

No, instead, they're all still waiting on the man in the sky to come save them.
>>
>>81248311
These threads make me aware of not only how poorly some people understand these characters, but how poorly they understand the spirit of heroism in general.
>>
>>81248311

Yeah, cause he TOTALLY sacrificed himself because he loved humanity. What are his relationships again? Oh yeah, Martha, Lois......................
>>
>>81248182

Arguably a Batman movie would've made BvS better. Given better context

But this one by one thing is stupid. It's not the only way to do it. I kind of like that a lot of the universe is already there.

Flash might not time travel until his solo. Or beyond. But we already see that it affects the universe before we even meet Flash

I always get annoyed when shows or movies introduce something new and are like "this has been here the whole time!"

And I think, "no because it hadn't had any impact on the world til now"
>>
>>81248432
"This is my world."

And he went down swinging for it.
>>
>>81248432

Perry. His father. Pete Ross. All the people at his funeral.
>>
>>81248437
Not only that, I'm willing to bet they won't let Barry time-travel on his own steam. The tighter the leash they keep on that, the better.

What's more, I think we already saw what it is he needs to do it.

Did you get it? The rock?
>>
>>81248490
Father is dead. Perry is his boss who shows no emotional connection with Kent. Funeral people?
This getting sad.
>>
>>81248490
Father Leone, too, for that matter.
>>
>>81246858
Fuck RT. I don't care if it gets 10% or 100%. Critics are the enemy of cinema.
>>
>>81248465

I just said This is my World.

I am ready to sacrifice myself for humanity.

Seriously, does showing not telling mean anything to Snyder fans?
>>
>>81248647

People say they want to be "shown, not told" but then think the dream sequences are unnecessary.
>>
>>81246271
If you could have Snyder direct a non-Batman DC property what would it be and who should he cast?
>>
Why does Batman respond "I'm rich" when asked what his superpower is?

Yes, it's a bit funny (although they ruined the joke in the first trailer). But what if he said "I'm Batman"?

That's both funny AND badass
>>
>>81248710
Now you can't tell the difference between unnecessary filler and story points that are actually necessary. Snyder fans never fail to surprise.
>>
>>81248728

Does Flashpoint count as non Batman?
>>
>>81248710
I've come to understand that Superman lives in the eye of the storm. There are people in the world who see him as an exclusively American symbol and will irrationally hate the character based on nothing more than that, whereas others look at him and see an ideal for all mankind to strive toward.

Hate keeps a lot of folks out of the sun.
>>
>>81248780

>unecessary filler

Proves my point.
>>
>>81248335

>How many starving people did you feed today? Could you have? Then by your logic, you have failed your fellow man.

At any point did you realize we don't have superpowers? Seriously the retardation with Snyder fans is fucking incredible.
>>
>>81248780
And if you think those scenes were "filler," you should find a franchise that's more your speed.
>>
>>81248869
You need powers to feed a homeless family?
>>
I'm so glad we got a visionary like Snyder to lead the DCEU. MCU has Kevin Feige who is a talentless cuck while we have a great director to pave the way forward. BvS was a silent revolution. People will learn in time.
>>
>>81248140
No, he's still under no obligation even with all those powers. Snyder is an individualist.
>>
>>81248790
No.
>>
>>81248910

No, but the point being is we don't have any superpowers and we can help and make a difference, but someone with superpowers decides meh not my problem and doesn't do anything so that's kinda stupid.
>>
>>81248780

Ah my last post was shitty.

Story encapsulates a lot of things. Plot, characters and relationships.

BvS deals with a new Batman (to the audience) under unusual circumstances (i.e. losing his mind and plotting to kill Superman).

Now obviously you can't just go "eh the audience know Batman, they'll figure it out."

So they have to show you what's going on. Now they have things like his talk with Alfred (classic Batman characterization device). But Snyder uses the dreams to show you exactly what is going on in Batman's head

So they're very necessary
>>
>>81248998

You don't need superpowers to make a difference, anon. Ask anyone who volunteers on a weekend instead of jerking off on a Malaysian theater board
>>
>>81249076
Exactly my point. And Superman is given a gift, and he's contemplating to squander it??? You use it for the good of mankind. Seriously, even the Raimi Spiderman movies had this message.
>>
>>81249076
>You don't need superpowers to make a difference

And I honestly think that's where all of this is headed. Is anyone else here familiar with the old comics miniseries "Legends?"
>>
>>81246271
>No Marvel. Make your own thread for that comparison dick measuring shit
Thia thread will still have the same three Marvel Pakis desperately try to reach for plot holes and then fail and still reach for more plot holes in a neverending cycle. They are here.
>>
>>81249181

He has an inborn need to use it. And the world constantly gives him shit for it. Discourages him. Acts like him saving lives is a crime.

Anybody would have a little doubt.

That's the -man part in Superman.

But he sets that aside. Rises above his doubts. That's far more inspirational
>>
>>81249181
No, they didn't. They had "With great power comes great responsibility," which sounds nice until you start breaking it down.
>>
>>81249232

Criticize the DCEU. I don't give a fuck about that

But discussion can go without comparing to other shit. And there's no real analysis when people start talking about the two universes in comparison.

It's a challenge really. Criticize it on its own terms
>>
>>81249222

No is it good?
>>
>>81249262

>He has an inborn need to use it. And the world constantly gives him shit for it. Discourages him. Acts like him saving lives is a crime.

And now they are going to praise him like crazy in JL and beyond. Maybe that shows he should've come out in the first place??? Seriously, the people in the 2 films are so easily persuaded. Remember the General that said "This man is not our enemy." without even knowing him but just seeing he was trying to help???

>But he sets that aside. Rises above his doubts. That's far more inspirational

Sure, but again, he didn't need to contemplate about whether to use his powers. That was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>81249278
Same message tho
>>
>>81249394
It's pretty decent. Incidentally, it's where the Suicide Squads modern incarnation was introduced, fighting a thing called Brimstone, which is(wait for it) a sentient Apokoliptan weapon.

It's a story revolving around Darkseid attempting to rob mankind of their legendary, mythic figures, their heroes in other words. I very strongly suspect they looked to it for inspiration for this universe, so much do, in fact, that I think it contains quite a few spoilers.
>>
>>81249451
Almost. There's a subtle but extremely important distinction. No one is without power, so no one is without responsibility. We're all jointly obligated to each other. Power doesn't enter into the equation. We could stand around all day deciding who's more responsible for feeding the homeless man, but that's not getting him fed. If no one else is stepping up, it falls to you.
>>
>>81249424

People who see him. Who are saved by him.

But not everyone. Bruce became convinced he was too dangerous to live. Wally went all nutso terrorist. All the talking heads and news people ready to blame him for the Africa thing. And the Senate bombing

You have a point in that he should just do it. And that's ultimately what he does

But it's pretty trying circumstances. It's human to doubt

Especially when you think people die as a result of your actions.

It's a common thing in comic books and their varied adaptations.

It's also a part of the source material that Superman's creators drew from. That old novel. I forget the title

To each their own. I liked it.
>>
>>81249675

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(novel)

Here it is, DC bros and guests
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-28-22h32m03s333.jpg (382KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-28-22h32m03s333.jpg
382KB, 1920x802px
When Superman saves the child from the burning apartments, he is surrounded by dead people embracing him, even worshipping him. But Superman doesn't happily take it all with a smile. In fact, he reluctantly turns his head away in what appears to be him feeling some sort of dread or pain.

I think this is Superman realizing that he is surrounded "by the dead". That he is so different from them, they will know death, he will not. Maybe it's even part shame, knowing that our fates are set in stone while his isn't. A God among men. But he also desires to be one of us.

In his fight against Batman, Batman says "you don't know what it means to be brave. Men are brave". And this is true to some extent. An immortal God figure cannot be brave as there is no risk involved. "It's time you learn what it means to be a man" means coming face to face with death, which is what separates Superman from man. If he can't do that, then he cannot be brave and he cannot be man.

This dilemma of death is eventually adressed in the climax of the film, as he comes to terms with his own mortality, and pays the ultimate price of a human being. Superman becomes man. Superman overcomes the final trial. And that is accepting his own death. And this is when Batman finally recognizes Superman as man.

Bravo Snyder
>>
>>81249658
Good observation. Point still stands that if you have the ability to help you should.
>>
>>81248765
too much of a meme, "im rich" is just under the acceptable line, just
>>
>>81249424
What's bothering him is that nothing he's doing seems to be making the world any better, and he's right. It's not that he's wrong to step up, it's that by side-stepping any sort of responsibility for his actions, everyone's politicizing him.

Primarily, he's paralyzed by guilt and unwilling to do much besides play the role of super-first-responder and not stick around for the press conference. He's a cypher to the world at this point, and it's all because he's ducking the consequences of the Battle of Metropolis.

Just showing up at the hearing was a huge step. It doesn't even matter that he didn't get a chance to speak there, because he won't duck out on those opportunities in the future. He can't. He's seen what being the world's silent angel is turning him into in the eyes of humanity.
>>
>>81248166
He didn't quit. If he really quit being Superman, he could've gone back to apartment and watched some porn and just been Clark Kent forever.

He went to those mountains to meditate. Do firefighters "quit" after they take a day off work after failing to save civilians?

People have such an entitled attitude towards fictional heroes. They require utter perfection, to never make mistakes and to always smile while working, like how the worst people treat those in the service industry. Clark Kent is a human being with extraordinary powers, but he's not a god and Superman is just a name people have him. What makes him a hero is his genuine desire to improve the world we live in.
>>
>>81249675
Which is why if he would have just came out, and not try to create confusion and bad publicity, that anger would have never happened. Seriously, a good majority of the conflict in this flick could have been fixed by good old communication.
>>
>>81249859
You're not wrong. The point I'm driving at is that it's not a responsibility society at large gets to decide is yours. It's a moral obligation that comes from within. Once you make heroism mandatory, you cease having heroes at all.
>>
>>81246684
I'm legitimately worried about him at this point
>>
>>81249925
He literally contemplates in both films whether or not to be Superman.
>>
>>81250008
he'll be fine. Hes on the right path now
>>
>>81249799
Thanks for that. I'll check it out.
>>
>>81250025
So? What's your point? Human beings aren't binary.
>>
>>81249900
And all this gets fixed by just coming out. Communicating. Seriously why is this such an obstacle?
>>
>>81247025
Thank you, I learned something this day.
>>
>>81248432
Do the people that shit on BvS completely lack empathy?

It doesn't matter how many friends Clark knew. Did we need a shot of him checking his Facebook on his phone, seeing his 2034 friends, and say "This is my world." to make you understand why he'd give his life for the world?

Clark from a young age understood the capacity for good in all people, and Lois was a confirmation of that in an individual. She represented the entire world to him, and if he would die to save one, he would die to save all.
>>
>>81250061

He's being reactive rather than proactive.
>>
>>81250120
Of course he's reactive. What's this bullshit point you're trying to make? He's still a man. He feels doubt. He questions himself. It's what makes him relateable and more than just an overpowered alien wrecking shit.
>>
>>81247419
>Stop Invincible son, you are obligated to put yourself into lifelong indentured servitude under the jurisdiction of the US Government. You don't get to have a choice or opinion on the matter.
>>
>>81248647
And yet people still don't get the Martha scene, even with all the flashbacks Snyder put in.
>>
>>81250109
Really, how do you Clark knew people were good from a young age? Provide evidence please.
>>
>>81250109
>Do the people that shit on BvS completely lack empathy?
I honestly think they are a bunch of highly autistic Marvel drones. The shit I've seen them spew indicates they have very little humanity inside them. They expect people to act like robots, having no emotions and being completely rational and altruistic all the time. The biggest problem BvS makes is that it assumes empathy from its audience. Empathy that these are actual human beings being portrayed here and not just funny man with robot and funny man with magic spells and funny man with shield.
>>
>>81250084
Because guilt is a powerful thing. It can motivate to both action and silence. In Clark's case, both at once.
>>
>>81250163
In okay with it for a part of the film, but seriously this takes place over 2 movies. Get on with it I say.
>>
>>81250203
When the guy who used to bully him turns around and extends him a helping hand.

https://youtu.be/Y2F1Fllstno

He sees the good in people and that he can inspire change through his actions.
>>
>>81248998
You have the power to help others. Superman doesn't need superpowers to feed the homeless, neither do you. And yet you are not volunteering for the Salvation Army, you are on 4chan shitting on a movie that came out 13 months ago. You have disposable income and you spend it on doing this.

But I'm not really judging you anon. You're free to make whatever decisions you want.

Duty isn't real. Superman is a hero because he feels pressured by what he feels he needs to do, and when told he owes the world nothing, he does what he WANTS to do, be a good man. He is Superman entirely by choice.
>>
>>81250209

I don't think this Clark has guilt in that time of his life. Where would this guilt stem from?
>>
I want them all to die and wait a year and start over. I want the dcmu to have a more vintage 50s feel like Incredibles or sky captain since DC is older.
>>
>>81249181
He never contemplates squandering it.

He feels doubt that he isn't doing his job right, every time he does anything he receives criticism and starts to wonder if his presence does more harm than good. Would the world be better off without him?

He learns to do what feels right, because his intentions are pure, and not worry about consequences. Soon after, he saves the world, and gets killed in the process.
>>
>>81248998
jfc how does the point of MoS and BvS get past your head?

Clark just wants to be an average man but is burdened by his powers to help humanity. Some view him as a god, some view him as a danger, some view him as a villain.
>>
File: superman's burden.jpg (63KB, 993x417px) Image search: [Google]
superman's burden.jpg
63KB, 993x417px
>>81248998
HORY FUCKING SHIT.

HOW CAN SNYDER SPELL IT OUT MORE TO YOU
>>
>>81250514
These same people also whine that Snyder is too obvious with his shots. Obviously not, as so much is flying over their heads.
>>
>>81250084
Well the day he came out to speak publicly, a terrorist bombed the Capitol building.

By depriving Superman of that opportunity, Lex creates even more distance and controversy.

I guess Superman could have a YouTube vlog with some Let's Plays so people could get a feel for who he is, but that would be narcissistic.
>>
>>81250346
At what time? I'm talking about the entirety of BvS. He may have saved the whole planet in MoS, but it doesn't stop him feeling guilty about the lives that were lost. Hell, it doesn't even stop him from feeling guilty about having to kill Zod.

All the stuff he's doing in BvS is him overcompensating for that guilt, trying to be everywhere, right every wrong,and it's too much - too much and with the wrong approach. The world doesn't need a helicopter boyfriend any more than Lois does. What it needs is a safety net.
>>
>140 posts
>28 unique ips
>A good amount are Marvel trolls

Hahahahaha. It's the same 8 to 10 DCucks sucking each other circumcised dicks.
>>
>According to Jenkins, all of the upcoming DC movies have different tones and different styles, and she’s really looking forward to Aquaman.

>“There are a lot of directors I’m really excited about and the storylines are all vastly different, with different tones and very different approaches to storytelling,” Jenkins said. “I think there’s a treasure trove of great characters here. Jason (Momoa) is off to do Aquaman right now – that’s such a cool story. It has its own vibe and dynamic completely. I’m excited to see each one of these films.”

I hope DCEU becomes this giant melting pot of different directors taking on different superheroes and doing their own interpretations of them. It seems like they don't want to go down the Marvel route of homogenizing it all into one safe concept rehashed over and over again.
>>
>>81250686
>ousting himself a Marvel troll
It's almost like people were having a conversation which went on for a hundred posts.

Have you ever had a conversation that didn't devolve into spamming Evans gifs? You should try that.
>>
>>81246271
Teen Titans movie when?

Justice League Dark when?
>>
>>81249833
I love analysis like this. Whoever you are, your write ups are appreciated
>>
>>81250568
>I guess Superman could have a YouTube vlog with some Let's Plays so people could get a feel for who he is, but that would be narcissistic.

And it would be hilarious. Oh God, that's a great idea, anon. Cavill's already a gamer. "Play along with Superman" is a great way to humanize him. Show him playing new games and people having to teach him how to play. You could also have a "Fly-Along" sort of Make-a-Wish charity where he does things for sick kids, a non-profit administered by Wayne Enterprises.

Lord Snyder, please make these things happen.
>>
>>81248098
>If you have the ability to help someone but you don't because you don't want to what kind of person are you?

You had the ability to be a contributing member of society yet here you are, shitposting on a Cambodian chicken noodle bulletin board and filling a folder of frog images for the fifth year in a row.

And you're ignoring the fact that Superman has been helping people for years in secret. Whether or not help people only became an issue when he started doing it publicly and the public and the media started saying he SHOULDN'T do it, that he's only making things worse, etc.
>>
>>81249833
Great write-up, superbro.

I'd like to add that it probably reminds him of his vision with Zod and makes him start realizing that with the growing reverence he's encountering, his good intentions are paving their own road to oblivion.
>>
File: 300.jpg (225KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
225KB, 1500x999px
http://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/17795481_259219627873371_8701603745990967296_n.mp4

>that quote
>>
>>81251051
Where we had thought we would be alone, we are instead with all the world.

Come together.

Damn it, Zack, you beautiful madman.
>>
Anyone believe that theory that the DCEU is set way in the future with younger villians and older heroes?

Batman and Superman look so much older (maybe because they are ripped) than their counter part villians; Joker and Lex Lutor
>>
>>81251177
faggot.
>>
>>81247331
That's why I wonder if they were aware of each other's goals - Lex engineering an event to frame the world's most powerful super"human" as a criminal, Waller getting a blank check to press superhuman criminals into service . . .
>>
>>81251218
>Anyone believe that theory that the DCEU is set way in the future with younger villians and older heroes?
in relation to what?
>>
>>81248437
>Arguably a Batman movie would've made BvS better. Given better context

You got plenty of context if you paid attention.
>>
>>81246271
why was man of steel so good and everything else so bad? i had such high hopes for bat vs sup and it isn't horrible, but nowhere near as good as MOS
>>
>>81251269
>>81251218

Not him, but since he mentioned it, I can sort of see something there. Stick with me on this one:

What if there's some sort of subtle statement being made about where the "cape" generation perceives evil. We're not the Boomers rebelling against "the Man." What if they're saying that the "villains" we fear are ourselves?
>>
>>81251051
Wow that attention to detail on that suit..

Unreal desu
>>
>>81251417
That's kind of vague. Personally, I just think that the movie does a fantastic job of showcasing individuals that can think and act for themselves. You couldn't classify most of them as "lazy" or whiling away their time.

Snyder clearly defines what "moral" means and (literally) sets it in stone in the movie. This makes for clear delineations between good and evil and their perpetrators. But this is also combined with a culture (in the movie) that is in severe dearth of these individuals. This culture tends to be shortsighted, petty and instinctively harmful to anything that makes them "feel" bad and instinctively protectful of anything that makes them feel good (same as society right now). You can see this in Perry.

MoS - ""Aliens living among us" in the Daily Planet? Never going to happen."
BvS - "Lois, I'm not risking anything because Lex'll sue us"
"go attend a stupid party, Kent!"
"Go attend that football game, Kent!"
"Drop the batman story because I don't like it, Kent! Because no one likes it!"
"Night of terror, Morning of loss"

The point is that during the journeys that these literal heroes take, (during which they never give up their own philosophy) there are side effects, but these serve the larger purpose in a longer time span. Most people don't see it, some that do are helpless to act, and a few rare indivudlas who hate what they see (and FULLY understand) (like Lex) decide to destroy it.
>>
>>81251697
That's a pretty damned good observation there, namefag or not.
>>
Is Suicide Squad relevant to the larger universe or can it be skipped?
>>
>>81251943

It's skippable, but it does show glimpses of the world reacting to Superman (and his passing)
>>
>>81251943
It's pretty dumb. It's nothing like BvS at all.
>>
>>81252112
>>81252620

Yeah, I agree with these guys. It hints st the underlying myth arc, but that's really all it brings to the table.
>>
>>81251930
T-Thanks

>>81251943
skip
>>
File: IMG_3133.jpg (104KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.jpg
104KB, 601x508px
I don't know about you guys but I just hate these DC movies. Maybe its because they exist in a time where everyone is polarised and hates eachother but these movies should've rised above all that instead of wollowing in our current dread.

For some reason Batman and Superman are in the same moral grey area when they completely contrast eachother in every form of medium. Batman is more suited for the bleak snyderverse but Superman doesn't belong in it at all. For some reason Lois Lane is played by a middle aged woman, Luthor is evil Mark Zuckerberg and the joker is a giggolo, and all of this is mixed on with some hamfisted allegory towards Christianity, to impress the 50% of American aufiences who believe in angels?

>hurr people hate what they don't understand
I've watched MoS, BvS extended so I know what the fuck I'm talking about, I know all the motivations for the characters, I even defend the Martha scene.
>>
>>81251943
Even tho movie is shit there are really good scenes.

I would recomend watching them on youtube.
Some that i remember
>All Deadshot only scenes
>Bar scene
>Waller trying to convince goverment scenes
>El diablo story
>>
You know something I'd love to see happen? The Constantine from the TV show get pulled in at some point. The dude was perfect in the role, and I can't think of anything that happened in the show that couldn't be spun as canon. Or hell, make John the first hint at a multiverse for that matter.
>>
>>81253360
If only he did not appeared in Arrow anon...
No multiverse story is worth DCEU and arrowverse crossover
>>
>>81253356
You know something I've been thinking? The way Bruce rescues Harley echoes the way the Joker dove in after her in the flashback. It almost makes me think that there's going to be a sort of tug-of-war with her in the middle.
>>
>>81253395
Awwwwww. He could still just play their universe's version of John.
>>
>>81253435
before the movie came out, i have been expecting a fall out between Harly and Joker over death of robin, I thought that Harley is just loves being with Joker and has fun but when Joker kille a 16 or 17 year old, he scared Harley (Strong Harley who tries to get away from from Joker) Maybe even feeling sorry for Batman....

But the movie took a dump on that and even to add insult to to injury Joker now loves - even constanly kisses - Harley now.

If a Sirens movie gets made, they can expand on Harley's mental state. And she can redeem herself (maybe even Poison Ivy)
>>
>>81246756
In BvS they specifically stated that Superman and Doomsday were far enough into space that the nuke wouldn't negatively affect Earth
>>
>>81253633
The Squad hints that just maybe Harley did something super twisted.

Don't think it was in the theatrical, but in the extended cut, the Joker says this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etFNk8tP8Dc

Possible spoilers
What if the Joker had never been to Arkham? What if he corrupted Jason, sent him after Bruce, and Bruce killed the Joker for what he'd done? What if what the Joker(Jason) is talking about in that scene is what she and the original did to him before he was ever committed, and Harley has just been trying to "reincarnate" the original Mr. J?
>>
>>81246437
Red Hood is clearly Leto Joker

>no Refn Batgirl or Wonder Woman
(Maybe a sequel but I don't see him doing that...plenty of other female DCEU characters which seems what he wants to do. I always liked Black Canary more anyway)

Who should direct Flash?
I'd like to see Edgar Wright and have the bad guy be Gorilla Grodd
(Geoff Johns save Zoom for sequel please)
>>
>>81246935
>Doesn't want to sound like /pol
>Proceeds to spew /pol shit
It's bad enough to give a fuck about race during casting, holy plebs Batman, but to give a fuck for a fictional character?
>>
>>81254055
>have the bad guy be Gorilla Grodd

Or the Mirror Master, the metahuman version. Match him up against the only thing faster than him - teleportation.
>>
>>81250204
>highly autistic
>The biggest problem BvS makes is that it assumes empathy from its audience
>highly autistic
>>
>>81249956

He spent 30 years hiding. Watching his parents being scared of what humanity might do.

It takes time to break a habit like that
>>
>>81250746

Which is why I wanted this thread. Just one on /tv/ where an actual conversation took place that wasn't all

>cucks! Shills! Paki! look at the RT scores! This movie did it better!

Good times
>>
>>81251308

Context for the casuals. People have proven they can't pay attention. The movies don't spoon feed the audience.

A solo Batman would have made the general audience accept BvS better.

But I think it's fine as is
>>
>>81246612
>suicide squad disaster
It was a pretty big hit, not only in the box office but also made a shitload of money in tie-in products and licensed stuff which was probably much more than what they did with the movie itself. If anything, they're gonna try to make everything like SS, and you can see that from that awful JL trailer they released.
When I saw BvS I thought it couldn't get any worse as long as Snyder was still there, but it could and it did.
>>
>>81254916
>He spent 30 years hiding.

Partially true. He helped plenty of people during that time, he just had to get out of dodge every time his identity was compromised due to using his powers. Which is fine, since his primary mission was trying to find a clue to why he was sent to Earth.
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491306670149.webm
>>
>>81255651
Still being this butthurt after Civil War got its asshole torn apart by /tv/.
>>
File: justice-league.jpg (100KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
justice-league.jpg
100KB, 1080x1080px
>>81255110
>Pulling this much shit from your ass
Snyder and Terrio have no intentions of mimicking SS. The script for JL was already being written before BvS was out. And there have been no reshoots whatsoever. Hell they finished most of the shooting for JL before SS was even out.

Next time, check your facts before pulling shit, faggot.
>>
>>81255166

Think about that though. He'd hide and move on. No one got to see the real him. He was just some quiet nice guy.

What prepared him to talk to the press? To senators? To account for his actions the way he's being asked to. It's almost like he has the early comic book version of Superman in his head, but instead of the easy gratitude, he gets the backlash. The politics.
>>
>>81255734
Not even SS was planning to be as it was eventually. From the trailers, you can notice they're forcing a change of tone and aesthetics. Of course, with most of the movie already on its way, there were so many things they could change, but compare the BvS trailer with the "White Stripes/ shitty Come Together cover" one and tell me SS wasn't an influence there.
>>
>>81246271
>I really hope that all this "course correction" bullshit doesn't interfere with Zack making the next great capekino.
JL is the last one. Whatever it is that you get from these movies, you better savor the next one.
>>
>>81256117
I thought man of steel would be the last one

This shit may never end
>>
File: wired on why JL is bad.jpg (289KB, 948x1174px) Image search: [Google]
wired on why JL is bad.jpg
289KB, 948x1174px
>>81255935
>From the trailers, you can notice they're forcing a change of tone and aesthetics
Then why are people still whining it's too dark?

The marketing might've changed into something more cheery (which is speculation since it could very well be the intended effect from start) but the actual script and shooting were completed before SS was even out.

>>81256117
This though, might be true. Nobody can see into the future but will WB follow Snyder's vision or break away post-JL? It's hard to know. Maybe he doesn't even want to do more DC after JL. Josh Whedon barely lasted two movies before the studios crushed him completely. Snyder is already operating outside of predicted expiration date. At this rate, I'm just grateful for whatever I get with him behind the camera and in charge. If it ends at JL, I'm fine with that too.
>>
File: dc box office.jpg (222KB, 896x681px) Image search: [Google]
dc box office.jpg
222KB, 896x681px
Generally, people are incredibly hyperbolic over DCEU. Both SS and BvS did fine in a year absolutely filled with flops. In fact ,those films carried WB completely that year. They're not interested in "starting over" since that would be fucking retarded and undo years of hard work and the millions of fans now invested.
>>
>>81256196
The darkness isn't the problem
>>
I've just accepted that the DC movies will likely never become good. At least they're killing it with the comics, can't take that away.

Maybe JL will surprise us, but not holding my breath.
>>
>>81256117
>tfw DC reboots with Del Toro in charge instead of Snyder
>>
>>81256117

Oh I will

Snyder is an anomaly. He isn't the kind of guy who should've broken into the mainstream. A guy like him would typically do smaller films, not big budget superheroes. Like Refn (though maybe not as visibly insane).

I don't know how this was allowed, but I am going to enjoy this.

Maybe after he can make more kino like Sucker Punch
>>
>>81256507
>Snyder is an anomaly. He isn't the kind of guy who should've broken into the mainstream. A guy like him would typically do smaller films, not big budget superheroes. Like Refn (though maybe not as visibly insane).
That's nice and all, but Suckerpunch kind of defeats that point.
>>
>>81256505
I don't think he's right for it, unless they're going for the more paranormal side of DC: Sandman Mystery Theater, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, etc.
>>
>>81256611

I'll get into that some other time but it's way underrated. Held back because the studio wanted some blockbuster and Snyder wanted a hard R exploration of trauma and fantasy escapism.

I just imagine what he would do if he had carte blanche.
>>
>>81256764
>I'll get into that some other time but it's way underrated.
It's irrelevant, he got free rein to do whatever he wanted and he made suckerpunch. Snyder only works with a budget.
>>
>no man of murder kinotrilogy

that's all I want, a real sequel
>>
>>81256830

It wasnt free reign. Close, but the studio didn't want it to be R so they could market to teenagers.

Even with that, the result was pretty interesting
>>
>>81255927
That's very true.

I've always thought that a prequel TV show would have been a cool thing, where he's traveling around like. Bill Bixby Hulk, minus the sadness.
>>
>>81256196
>since it could very well be the intended effect from start) but the actual script and shooting were completed before SS was even out.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks that. I was saying for for weeks after BvS that they might possibly be using the color palette to convey the presence of magic and a transition into a more comic-book atmosphere, but of course when the trailers and advertising started dropping, the spin machine went into high gear insisting that all it could possibly mean was panic.
>>
>>81256674
Given how DC's never shied away from those differing tones, imagine a Universe where they both had free rein.
>>
>>81257727
This is definitely what they are going for. Terrio said as much when he was writing JL months before BvS was even out. JL is the awakening of the old guard of comic book heroes. BvS ends on such a note that Bruce abandons the modern cynicism and embraces old heroism and valor. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with this concept in JL.
>>
>>81251697
nice, hadn't heard that before.
>>
File: IMG_0407.jpg (51KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0407.jpg
51KB, 500x746px
>>81258350
I'm excited as hell. What I think a lot of people are missing is that vibrancy and comic-bookishness doesn't necessarily mean the movies will be lighter in tone or shallower in meaning.

It only means brighter brights and darker darks.
>>
I really wish Zach was making Batman, would've much preferred that.
>>
>>81259034
Matt Reeves is a great choice though. Along with George Miller and Snyder himself, he is one of the best visual storytellers working in mainstream Hollywood right now. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is certified kino.
>>
>>81250686

Listen, kid.

I just got out of a liberal shill thread where the fucker actually said "tippity top kekkles".

Who the fuck says something like that? That is the gayest shit I have heard in a fucking week. You motherfuckers know exactly why this board sucks. It is you guys stinking it up with your shilling, and then pretending to be mad at the state of it. Hey, everyone, whenever a liberal shills, just remember they say faggy shit like "tippity top kekkles". It will put things in perspective.
>>
>>81259589
>Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is certified kino.

It really is. Who would have thought the day would come when one of Hollywood's most compelling protagonists would be a CGI chimpanzee.
>>
>>81259693
Holy shit. You just made my whole day.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get the BvS art book digitally? Doesn't matter if I have to pay or not.
>>
>>81259903

I haven't watched any of these yet. Think I will soon though since Matt Reeves signed on
>>
>>81254096
Oh is it bad enough how come u sjw faggots cry nazi everytime a whitey gets casted. Like in iron fist or gods of Egypt.

I think what you actually mean is it is only ok to be bothered if it's a white person been cast.
>>
>>81260247
I'm trying to run something down for you.
>>
>>81260247
I found this. I make no guarantees.

http://wmp3.xyz/mp3/batman-v-superman-tech-manual-art-book-flip-through-preview.html
>>
>>81256196
You seriously don't see any changes in the tone and overall feel of the movie from BvS to JL? And this is not levity that comes from the story, these are quips and a pop song soundtrack. It even inlcudes a shitty cover of a classic, like the first SS did. I'm not saying this is gonna be exactly like SS, but you can tell it's been tampered with and for worse.
>>
File: 1480583741347.jpg (47KB, 570x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480583741347.jpg
47KB, 570x430px
>>81259693
tippity top kekkles
>>
>>81261538
I *do* see changes, but I'm seeing what I always expected to see.
>>
>>81261538
This fucking pisses me off, it was obvious that JL was going to lighten up after BvS (hell I thought it'd happen after MoS as Supes grew into his role) but because people didn't see that and assumed the entire series was going to be gritty and dark, that the studio decided to make it ridiculous.
>>
>>81261538

It is different.

But that could be marketing. We're seeing a lot of the same stuff over and over (Aquaman's village, Bruce and Barry meeting) and then action scenes.

There's a lot of movie left over
>>
>>81261048
Yeah it's shady. I would've just bought the damned physical copy if scanning it all digitally wasn't a pain in the ass. It seems like it also includes scenes omitted from the film.
>>
>>81262269
Your interest convinced me to buy the hard copy. Yes, I'm just that weak-willed.
>>
>>81261752
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are. Honestly.
>>
>>81263492
It is generally better to be reserved for future films to save yourself from impossible expectations anyways.

I really thought BvS was going to be another Marvel capeshit. I was forced to watch it by my brother and I ended up loving it, partly because it caught me so off-guard.
>>
>>81261538

I think if anything, the studio is doubling down on Snyder's vision. They told him to take a fucking walk on the idea of a three hour Batman vs. Superman, but they're totally fine with Justice League coming it at 170 minutes. Also, Batman vs. Superman was about boiling two characters down to their barest, loneliest essences, because that's how Batman and Superman clash. Justice League is about a bunch of people coming together. The idea that we're going to get the same Batman putting together the team who can barely get along with Alfred is silly.

Critics are fags, but it isn't Civil War or anything. You never get the sense that Iron Man is going to actually kill Captain America; they're just sparring to submission. Shit has to get pretty dark for Batman to be actually trying to kill Superman. Putting together a team isn't conducive to that kind of grim. It's still going to be crazy cool, with Willem Defoe swinging an axe around Atlantis, but definitely less deconstruction.
>>
>>81263564
I went in hoping it wouldn't be like the Marvel movies at all, and it wasn't but it wasn't any good either.
>>
>>81263999
>Justice League coming it at 170 minutes
For fuck's sake, man.
>>
>>81263492

At the very least it'll be the lesser third film of a trilogy. But even slightly reduced quality is still going to be great

E.g. Return of the Jedi might be on the ridiculous side but it has some of the most powerful moments of the entire series
>>
>>81264093

Ultimate Edition on BluRay is probably going to be like four hours long. But yeah, if the studio were souring on Snyder, they'd never let his runtime keep expanding like this. Anything more than two and a half hours and pressure hits hard. They made him cut BvS down to 151 before release because they panicked; there's no way they'd let him go to 170 unless they're happy with what he's doing.
>>
>>81264303
If you need 3 hours to tell a Justice League story, there's something wrong.
>>
>>81264419

Took Nolan between two hours, 20 minutes and two hours, 45 minutes to tell a Batman story.
>>
>>81264419

Why? 6 (possibly 7) main characters. 3 that are getting their first shot on screen. Giving them time to shine. And introducing a villain from a planet of villains.
>>
>>81246684
>>81250008
he's evolving himself to play Punished Batman properly
>>
File: 1453484882824.jpg (102KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
1453484882824.jpg
102KB, 700x535px
why can't these franchises and movies die already

do we need 2-3 decades more of superhero noisefest blockbusters?
>>
>>81264717
MoS-BvS are one of a kind though. I'm glad they got made. It made me realize just how much potential is being wasted in the average capeshit.
>>
File: 1487357400873.jpg (146KB, 440x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487357400873.jpg
146KB, 440x457px
>>81264911
A lot of movies are one of a kind
Man of Steel is just aweful
>>
>>81264303
The problem with BvS was that they backed away at the last second, leaving Snyder to hastily make a Theatrical Cut when everyone had expected the Ultimate Cut to be played in theaters.

Ultimate Cut is the standard cut of the film. There is no question about it. Even at three hours, it never feels like the movie ever drags on. Every scene is needed and it all comes together pretty well.

I'm guessing they're already cutting JL in a way so a 2,5 hour version seems more natural than the BvS theatrical version.
>>
>>81264717

I disliked the YA trend when that happened. Twilight, Beautiful Creatures, Maze Runner, Harry Potter (the boOKs were good but fuck the movies), Divergent.

I hate the Transformers movies. The Bay Ninja Turtles. All that shit. I can't stand the Fast and the Furious franchise anymore

Know what? I don't fucking watch them. I go to see other stuff. There's a whole bunch of stuff getting made. They made a movie about a magical farting corpse.

So quit bitchin
>>
>>81264941
Run with that attitude. I'll get back to you in about ten years to find out what it's like being on the wrong side of history.
>>
>>81264976
Just the other day I noticed that Lex, Bruce, and Clark's first real scenes all revolve around them lying to someone. I'm curious to watch it again to see if a similar pattern carries through the whole movie.
>>
>>81250178
The main issue wasn't servitude under the jurisdiction of the US Government, that was a part of the argument over Superman's unilateral actions. The real issue was that he couldn't be everywhere at once, save everyone, he was a nearly a god but still had a limited scope on how to exercise his power.

That why everyone was dogging on him about who he chose who to save, his actions were righteous but he was still being criticized for choices. He was trying to live up to the mantel of Superman but he realized that it was hard truths that he could not be there for everyone, the strange out of place dream scene of Clark talking to Pa Kent on the mountain was meant to explain his struggle. Shotty writing, but it got the point across nonetheless.

I wish the film explored more of Clark Kent life and how it interfered with his role as Superman, and also expand on the thread of Superman's actions cannot save everyone. They pushed it to the side in favor of repeating the question "Its not what Superman can do, its what he should do" over and over again, without giving much time on the answer (Ma and Pa Kent both give answers but the first comes off as selfish and the second is undercut by the bizarre dream scene with hard to follow dialogue).
>>
they need to fix lex

in that shitty kevin spacey version he wanted like a sea land thing or something, which was retarded, and in BvS he just wanted to kill superman and they didn't even really explain his end game besides trying to manipulate alien technology.

They need to go back to the Gene Hackman version, they've been close but just haven't put the peices together correctly.
>>
>>81248098
WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY

REMEMBER THAT PETE

REMEMBER THAT
>>
>>81249833
I'm not at my PC and I don't have a proper reaction for this. So I can just say thank, DCBro.
>>
>>81266690
>they didn't even really explain his end game
Except his monologue quite literally spelling out his (psychotic) end game.
>>
>>81266547

How was the dialogue hard to follow?

I kind of prefer movies to raise questions without analyzing the answer. Answers are presented and Superman acts. We can infer on our own what his was, and discuss for ourselves whether that was right.

The answer isn't just contained in the scenes with the Kents, but in Superman's actions after. Trying to talk to Batman. Holding back for most of the fight. Risking his life so Doomsday takes the hit from the nuke.

And sacrificing his life
>>
>>81246793
>A proper Brainiac as the villain for starters
>cackling CGI giant-skull robot with pointy grinning teeth appears
>women look at their BFs and walk the fuck out
>movie tanks

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
>>
>>81266690

Gene Hackman is a sillier version of the Kevin Spacey Lex. He wants to set off a nuke so his Arizona land becomes beach front property.

Seriously why is this good?

Lex has undergone changes throughout his comics existence. He was just a wacky mad scientist before. Then the cold business man.

Now he's that weird millenial eccentric CEO. And mad scientist.

And his motivation is littered throughout the movie
>>
File: Earth_11.jpg (428KB, 1984x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Earth_11.jpg
428KB, 1984x1428px
Earth-11 movie when?
>>
>>81266938
>Gene Hackman is a sillier version of the Kevin Spacey Lex. He wants to set off a nuke so his Arizona land becomes beach front property.
>Seriously why is this good?
It was the first half-step to make Lex an evil businessman instead of the 1970s and earlier pure evil scientific genius. Later on this was what Lex turned into in the comics, where he was pretty much just full-on pure business genius.

It was a very popular change. He hired scientists to be the scientific geniuses. Eventually they had him pee on the geniuses, as are often the case, then he started being scientifically able as well, as poorer writers mucked around like bulls in a china shop.

This kind of idiocy is apparently popular in writing, and not just comics, but any bad guy shreds his smarties (e.g. Negan tossing the doctor into the furnace.) It's an old, lazy style of writing to quickly show how Bad the Bad Guy is, and precedes the 1970s by decades.
>>
>>81255102
A solo Superman film before BvS would be better, it would move this story (struggles with being superman, actions having consequences) and saved the god vs man stuff for BvS to be expanded because both Batman and Lex tie to this theme.

This is not the say that BvS shouldn't have had both themes, but the scope and themes was to large to be giving its appropriate development time. The is one problem with BvS, its ambition results in bloating, so the Theatrical cut suffers from editing and while the UC cleans it up, its still juggling a lot and not giving certain story lines / themes their dues.
>>
>>81267160
>A solo Superman film before BvS would be better, it would move this story (struggles with being superman, actions having consequences)
That's all wrong, fuck this design of a Superman. I want the enheartening, saves-the-world guy back.

This abomination will never, ever, ever deserve the John Williams theme, and shit on them if they ever apply it to him.
>>
>>81267620
>wanting the le spin the world around and save everyone Superman
No fuck him and fuck you.
>>
>>81267638
No, fuck you. A stupidity in a movie isn't what I'm talking about, kryptonite spear and light beam (You).
>>
>>81250008
what happened to him
>>
I hope DC has the balls to kill people off when it makes sense. They have so many ways to bring them back(like Darkest night) that it just makes to much sense not to kill them off.
>>
>>81267785

Divorce was officially filed, he just completed a stint in rehab for alcoholism (again), and he probably was feeling the stress from Live By Night getting bad reviews.
>>
>>81267160

Yes but what villain would you tie into that?

Something Nolan and Goyer did 100% right was choosing their villain after figuring out what they wanted to happen to Batman's story. What they wanted to explore. That's why we got Bane, even though the studio was eager for a Riddler movie.

So who would be a good villain to personify the consequences of Superman's actions? Lex and Batman were perfect for that (especially given the god tier opening of BvS).

Bonus question (this could be it's own thread): after Superman ressurects in JL, where does he go next? What will be his arc?

I think it should be connecting to people on a personal level.

Imagine a Superman movie that, instead of a big action scene, opens up with this:

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ijdxh
>>
>>81266798
>How was the dialogue hard to follow?

Personally I was confused with the context of the dialogue while watching it in theatres, it felt like I had missed someone because it just cuts to Clark on a mountain. Its not like that in the UC, but his lines are mumbled in the beginning, so I had to turn the subtitles. I got what he was telling Clark though, his message wasn't the problem.

>I kind of prefer movies to raise questions without analyzing the answer. Answers are presented and Superman acts. We can infer on our own what his was, and discuss for ourselves whether that was right.
True, we don't need to be spoon fed answers. I just had a problem with lack of exploration into the questions brought up about Superman's role, its gets sidelined for Man vs God question posed by Batman and Lex. I would have love to see more time sent on Superman's limitations and guilt he felt from them. One scene that really could have been expanded was when Clark calls his mother, in the film he just asks her why Pa never left Kansas and it transitions to the next scene. They could have had time for character development.

>The answer isn't just contained in the scenes with the Kents, but in Superman's actions after. Trying to talk to Batman. Holding back for most of the fight. Risking his life so Doomsday takes the hit from the nuke.
>And sacrificing his life
True, in the end his actions do reflect the decision made. Side note, does he really try to talk to Batman? He tell him he doesnt understand and then proceeds to not explain what he didnt understand. He went from passive to aggressive real quick, Im being nitpicky but that scene always irks me.
>>
>>81250781
>Teen Titans movie when?
Nothing yet.
>Justice League Dark when?
Was announced but it's still in developing.

With Nightwing and Batgirl confirmed now, hopefully we get Red Hood and the Outlaws.
>>
>>81267620
You can have that film have him struggle with being the enheartening, saves-the-world guy and finally coming to terms with what it means to be Superman. He's only been in the game for 2 years, its safe to say that he would have some growing pains in taking on the mantel of Earths hope.
>>
>>81268467
>Red Hood and the Outlaws

Wouldn't mind it if had Stafire and Arsenal.
>>
>>81248998
>I have the power to do good on a moderate level and there is no obligation attached to me, but the other guy who has the power to do good on a big scale is obligated to do it
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>81268242
>Yes but what villain would you tie into that?
>Something Nolan and Goyer did 100% right was choosing their villain after figuring out what they wanted to happen to Batman's story. What they wanted to explore. That's why we got Bane, even though the studio was eager for a Riddler movie.

Good question, I not that familiar with Superman's villains but it would have to be someone who could expose the limits of Superman's powers and exploit them.

>So who would be a good villain to personify the consequences of Superman's actions? Lex and Batman were perfect for that (especially given the god tier opening of BvS).

Lex would be a good villain, his feud in BvS could transfer to the other film but it was mostly tied to all powerful good vs a good god philosophical dilemma. Batman's whole 'your not a god, your not even a man' thing would have worked better for Lex in a second movie.
>>
>>81268393

Yeah. I was happy we got more dialogue out of him in the UC. Especially that call to his mother.

He starts by saying "Lex wants" before being hit with the sonic blasts. When he realizes Batman wants to fight still, he gives a show of force. To show just how futile the fight is (honestly that's DCAU Superman all over)

>Stay down! If I wanted, you'd be dead already

He's still very calm and in control. I think he was expecting Batman to listen

Then Batman hits him with the Kryptonite. And it becomes life and death. Fight back or Batman will kill youv

If he really wanted to, he could've just ripped Batman's head off at the beginning and called it a day. But he's not that guy, even with his mother at stake
>>
>>81267893

Plan is for Batman to die in Justice League 2.
>>
>>81268850
If his death actually makes sense with the context of the film then I'm happy. If they just throw it in there just to kill him off then I'm not happy.
>>
>>81268850

Didn't know Geoff Johns was on 4chan

Welcome
>>
>>81268784
Fair enough, I just had a problem with his show of force it felt needlessly aggressive. He threw Batman twice and then flew him through a building without getting to the point of explaining what Batman didn't understand.
>>
Can someone just tell me what's up with Batfleck? is he leaving the Batman role or just directing the movie?
>>
>>81269010

It will, not just for Justice League but for Nightwing.
>>
>>81269334
He's just playing Batman. He drop out as director due to family problems and alcoholism. Also the guy must've been depressed when Live By Night bomb hard.
>>
>>81269334

The thing to keep in mind with Ben Affleck is that he spent a crapload of time working on his movie Live By Night, and nobody gave a shit about it, endlessly asking him questions about Batman and reading him shitty reviews of the movie where he played Batman and asking for Batman updates and speculating on why he isn't giving Batman updates and Batman this and Batman that. He's not quitting or anything, but the 24/7 "what the fuck is up with Batman" would be tiring for anyone.

That's number one. Number two is that WB and the DC guys planned out all of this shit, and they're going to make it happen on their schedule. Ayer had like a month and a half from start to finish to script Suicide Squad, because that shit needed to happen immediately and there's no time for screwing around. Affleck's creative process is slow. Left to his own devices, The Batman would be on track for 2020, and that's just not acceptable.
>>
>>81264630
And was the longer the better or the other way around?
>>
>>81269593

Family problems and alcoholism are overblown. It's really just working styles. Ben Affleck got excited about the idea when he was working with Zack and started thinking that he could really do it, but when the process started, it just isn't how he works. When he makes movies, he'll spend a year, a year and a half, two years working on the script before things start moving, and with The Batman they're casting at the same time they're locking down a script. It's a completely different kind of movie from anything Affleck is used to making. He's a great filmmaker, and he's smart with input, but they aren't going to do it on his timeframe.

Suicide Squad would have been a lot different if Ayer had had more time. People think for some reason that he made lots of thoughtful choices and slam him for bad taste, but he really did a great job considering that the offer he got was "make us a Suicide Squad movie, preproduction starts now, we're in the process of casting, script needs to be done in six weeks."
>>
>>81247143
>>81247086
He did stop killing by the end of BvS and only started in the beginning of it. Learn context.
>>
>>81246858
Critics have already decided its bad:

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/new-justice-league-trailer/
>>
File: RottenTomatoes.png (2MB, 2216x1462px) Image search: [Google]
RottenTomatoes.png
2MB, 2216x1462px
>>81247191
>>
>>81253339
>hamfisted allegory towards Christianity

and that just shows you dont know what you are talking about, in fact the movies make it very clear that Superman is not jesus.
>>
>>81253395
I think with the right direction and some costume upgrades, you could pull in the Arrowverse for a CoIE type movie
>>
>>81248765
I'm the goddamn Batman
>>
>>81270414

Yeah there's no conspiracy whatsoever against the DCEU

Entitled shits. They act like directors should follow their whims sometimes
>>
Good thread bros. Wish more discussions were like this.
>>
I'm wanting to buy the BvS art book so I can dump the info pages here but I'm not sure how well I can scan those pages. Can a simple phone get the job done? Don't want to waste $30 for nothing.
>>
>>81267124
> where he was pretty much just full-on pure business genius.

Nah, he always had the mad scientist side of him. Hell, during the Byrne/post-Byrne era of Superman, where Lex was going full businessman mode, he made a Bizarro clone of Superman without any idea of how to control it. Surprise, he doesnt control it and Superman has to fight the rampaging monster.

Sure he had scientists help him make Bizarro, but he was still a genius.

I agree with most of your post though
>>
>>81271728
I love the DCEU fans, best discussions on /tv/
>>
>>81250188
People 'get' it. They don't like it because it's dumb and incredibly cheesy.
>>
>>81272651
alright then, explain the Martha scene
>>
>>81268242
>http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ijdxh
this is everything entitled and ironically unaware about the perception of superman

this is literally personal god that is there for us exactly when we need him, worst example being the all star emo girl scene

jesus, terrio snyder and crew really do know what the character is more than anyone
>>
>>81261538
>>81263999
>>81264303
170 minutes is a bullshit rumor started online
snyder himself made fun of on twitter, movie isn't even done yet
and the dialogue in the trailer-
does that shit really shout terrio to you?

>civilization on the wayne, manors out the window
>i hear you talk to fish
>>
Inb4 another faggot mentions Injustice.
No. This fucking movie is not doing the Injustice plot. Nor is it related in any fucking way. Fuck fuck fuck off.
>>
>>81247877
Kek
>>
>>81249262
>>>81249424
>>81249424
>>81249900
>>81249833
>>81250025

>did the nightmares ever stop
in the prequel comics there is an meeting where finch and a bunch of government people discuss superman and the potential things that can happen with him, including a simulation of him going rogue
in particular, they discuss whether he can have ptsd or get sick physically and or mentally
its been heavily implied that superman had his own dream sequences in relation to black zero, and the movie itself affirms this through the above quote and a bunch of moments in the movie where you see clark react to certain phrases

he does feel guilty, and just like IN THE COMICS he wonders whether he can actually work towards his goal in the face of actual tragedy

he does feel guilty about black zero, which the bombing of course plays on while being missed because snyder is way more crafty that his critics are
>>
>>81247333
the fuck? the dilemma there was very unambiguously about whether or not he could trust humanity, i swear every conversation around these movies relies on people blatantly twisting the meaning of scenes
>>81247419
superman doesn't owe the world anything in the same way none of us do

we CHOOSE our actions, in the same way superman CHOOSES to be WHATEVER HUMANITY NEEDS HIM TO BE
>>
>>81268780
>it would have to be someone who could expose the limits of Superman's powers and exploit them.

A telepath or a magic-user, then. Manchester Black could be fun.
>>
>>81260692
>Oh is it bad enough how come u sjw faggots cry nazi everytime a whitey gets casted.
Pretty sure that only happened in your head, lass.
>>
>>81246437
This is the kind of stuff im more interested in. Like a movie more centered on batmans "children" like nightwing, the robins, and batgirl, and red hood, and batman would be more of a outside side character.

The only thing that bothers me about it, is I just hate what they did with the big villains like joker, harley and croc. But theres still a lot of great characters that they haven't used yet.
>>
>>81246271
I don't mind shit being a little more light hearted. But I want the boundary pushing. I want to see Batman all fucked up after having killed people. I want to see the world struggling with heroes.

Same. Just rewatched BvS ultimate cut a few days ago and damn, it's still good. Most underrated movie in modern history.

It's just so damn satisfying with Doomday being the climax. That movie is a legitimately a Batman movie and Superman movie wrapped expertly into one movie. Fucking love it. Truly capekino.
>>
>>81264419
If you need 3 hours to tell a Fellowship of the Ring story, there's something wrong.
>>
>>81274575

That would be pretty dope
>>
>>81264419
>>81274876
if you need three hours and a half to tell a story about seven dudes with swords, there's something wrong
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.