[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell GOOD MOVIE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: gits.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
gits.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
I'm not gonna let Average Hivemind Joe, trying to defend his intelligence, ruin this movie.

For years, mainstream counter-culture (we) have been fed the same lines again and again. Lines we all silently agree are said by smart people, smart sources.

One of them is that the source material tends to be better than the Hollywood adaptation. Another one is that movies are worse off for not having nuanced philosophical messages and tones.

These popular opinions that we've adopted as objective facts are why many reviewers didn't like this movie.

>The movie was shallow

Shallow compared to your tastes. Shallow as seen by your bias.

Ghost in the Shell was an amazing movie. It wasn't meant to be an exact replica of the 1995 anime. And it doesn't need to compare itself to the standards of that time and that format.

It was a blockbuster origin story. They took what they knew they needed to do for a blockbuster, an "uncool" Major, a lead who could actually rival the leads of recent blockbusters (the ones that the general public like), and a familiar, comfortable narrative, and they fucking made it as Ghost in the Shell and as badass as they possibly could.
>>
K

You're wrong but, sure, nice blog.
>>
>>81106741
Why would a traditionally asian character be cast as white?

The problem isn't the movie itslef, but the casting. and when you have bad casting, you have a bad movie.
>>
>>81106741
Then we have something like >>81106481 going exactly against what you're saying.

Who should I believe in?
>>
>>81106814
Because this was trying to be a hit. The hits have white leads.

>>81106845
Watch it yourself, fuckface.
>>
how does it feel being wrong and also stupid lol
>>
>>81106800
>>81106953
have you guys seen it?

Followup question, do you get all of your news and opinions from 4chan, Reddit, Twitch, and YouTube?
>>
>>81106983

Yeah I saw it and it was pretty good. I couldve done without Scarjo's botox overload tho. Its a really cool cyberpunk movie in the very least so I was pretty happy with it.

>>81106814
Fuck off weeb go watch SJW Wars
>>
>>81106814
>asian
you mean japanese
>>
>>81107691
It's simply the best cyberpunk movie Hollywood has made, imo.

It's hard to notice when you're seeing the best version of something you're familiar with. The story is a certain kind of simplistic, but it's the best version of that kind of story.
>>
>>81108274

Yeah they even had the music right. Sounded like i was playing deus ex.

I hope this starts a trend of cyberpunk movies
>>
>>81106741

SJW reviewers are panning the movie apparently. Saying it is whitewashing blahlbahllbhahblah
>>
>>81106741
New York Times is hiring son lol
>>
>>81106814
The character isn't explicitly Asian. She has purple hair and huge breasts. She's a cyborg. Japanese people fetishize American women. How can you tell she's Asian?
>>
>>81106741
What japs think is cool isn't. If you're from the west and enjoy anime something is wrong with you. Period.
If you support the incursion of shitty weeb cinema into the western zeitgeist then fuck you; you're making visual media even worse.
>>
>>81109025
Well you're just sort of a narrow-minded extremist, aren't you?
>>
The flick was enjoyable, but I would never recommend it over the anime movie
>>
>>81106741
Hold on to your butts , this is better than Blade Runner. The inspiration is better than the original.
>>
>>81106814
Because it was produced by Chinese companies and they hate japs and didn't want to cast a Chinese person so it would still sell in Japan
Are you a fucking retard? Have you seen the movie? Spoiler alert, it's about how white man is an imperialist devil. SJWs are so fucking dumb protesting the casting when the character is literally the brain of a Japanese teenager who was kidnapped and murdered by the government under the orders of a white man. You're so fucking retarded it's unbelievable
>>
They did it. They made a good(or at least passable) anime movie before a good video game movie. Simply incredible, simply incredible.
>>
>>81106741
>pork in taco bell
>>
File: magur.png (479KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
magur.png
479KB, 512x512px
>>81106741
nice blog post faggot

Thank God I got a free ticket from Crunchyroll, otherwise I would've killed myself for wasting 13 good American dollars.

Stop playing the contrarian and grow a fucking brain. It was a bad movie, nobody thinks you're cool for disagreeing.
>>
>>81109848
Pleb
>>
File: 1481670579767.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1481670579767.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>81109902
>>
>>81109848
>wasting 13 good American dollars.
hello CTR
>>
File: batemouth.jpg (11KB, 236x285px) Image search: [Google]
batemouth.jpg
11KB, 236x285px
>>81110000
damn checkem CTR
>>
>>81106814
SHE HAS BLUE EYES YOU DUMB FUCK
>>
>>81109975
very pleb
>>
>>81106814
It's explained in the movie if you saw it.
>>
>>81106741
>reddit spacing
>>
I haven't seen this movie, and I absolutely hated it.
>>
>>81110155
Waste of dubs. Movie was entertaining and colourful at large, but the plot holes were all over the place for an adaption.
>>
>>81106741

just got back from seeing it, thought it was pretty good desu, now is it as good as the 95 film? not even remotely close, but i think they did the best job of adapting it that they could have whilst also not alienating the majority of the western audience. i think scarlett johansson was poor casting (and not because shes white mind you) however i really liked batou and takeshi was stellar as always. i would rate the film 7.5/10
>>
100% like the total recall remake

excellent atmosphere/visuals but other than that completely unnecessary
>>
>>81106741
Totally agree man. By no means is it kino. Until the moment she personally met Kuze it was a bit boring, they never developed characters other than scarjo, and the ending felt a little rushed. But despite all that, it's still a decent flick. Action sequences were nice, the plot was solid, and it had cyberpunk aesthetics.
>>
>>81106741
But why are you accepting shallow trash? What is wrong with consuming art that makes you think for once? The whole point of the cyberpunk genre is to explore the philosophical questions that arise due to our increased use of technology. Instead of just making the same,"familiar, comfortable narrative," why couldn't they have injected at least a little bit of substance into the film and made audiences actually think for once? You can't have ghost in the shell without a fucking ghost.
>>
I thought the movie was alright. Not great by any means, but certainly passable entertainment with a Hollywood script that was slightly smarter than average.

The opening scenes really got off to a rocky start though.
>immediate giant wall of text
>followed by second even larger wall of text
>basically just amounts to "this takes place in the future and there are robots", completely unnecessary to the movie
>boring as fuck shelling sequence with super generic temp-influenced score, as opposed to the mysterious haunting music in the original
>credit subtitles appearing in seemingly random locations (which continued for the rest of the movie / somebody liked John Wick)
>title appears twice in different styles, as if they forgot to remove one of them
>"based on the comic"

I was able to get into it after about 20 minutes.
>>
It turned GITS into the same plot as

Bourne identity
Robocop
Terminator salvation

they gave me amnesia and implanted my brain in a machine

fucking no love for the atmosphere or originality of the original manga or anime

kys hollywood
>>
File: 1474563837277.png (288KB, 544x830px) Image search: [Google]
1474563837277.png
288KB, 544x830px
>>81106741
Source material is better though, kys.
>>
shill #128371273198
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.