[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 66

File: fury from the deep.jpg (109KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fury from the deep.jpg
109KB, 1440x1080px
Fury From the Deep Edition

Last Thread:
>>80987892
>>
What would you guys think of a mini series by the BBC about say Capaldi as a detective and a male actor as another detective teamed with Capaldi to investigate a bunch of strange murders. For most of the mini-series it's all very realistic but in the last episode the twist is both detectives are the Master and Doctor respectively given false memories of human lives and families, and made to become human via the chameleon arch by the Time Lords to track down this dangerous Time Lord, the reason they are made human would because this Time Lord can sense other Time Lords (as can all Time Lords) and bails the moment he senses their presence. Thus they are made human for the Time being. The Master's human self would ironically be the ''good cop'' in the series (due to false memories), while Capaldi would be the rougher more morally flexible cliche cop. It's a messy idea, but one I think would be great if done right, plus it's only a mini-series. Doesn't even have to be Capaldi can be any past Doctor but not the current one, also the Master in this mini-series would be a once off Master as to not make it obvious it's Doctor Who...
>>
Help me out /who/. I've got a quote in my head that I think comes from Doctor Who. It goes something like this:

Bad Guy: I wasn't as bad as I could've been.

Good Guy: Because you spared a few? Because she had a little child or she had a pretty smile? And you call yourself merciful.

Bad Guy: You'd only know that if you were a killer.

I also think the Bad Guy was a woman. Now that I type it out it might've been when the Doctor captured captured the Siltheen in Nine's season.

Ringing any bells?
>>
>>81016533
You think the BBC has a hard time advertising and marketing Doctor Who, imagine how much worse it would be if they couldn't even call it Doctor Who.
>>
>>81016274
Pessimistically that's what I'm expecting too, but if she actually has an interesting relationship with the Doctor (which is properly explored and leads somewhere, not just her going 'Is he a good man?!?!' every episode) then that might be enough to make her not *purely* a generic, literal cookie-cutter companion.

>>81016289
Thank you <3
>>
>>81016613
Their crime shows get millions of views, regardless of their shitty advertising. I like the idea.
>>
>>81016611
You're right, it's Boom Town.
http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/27-11.htm

>MARGARET: I promise you I've changed since we last met, Doctor. There was this girl, just today. A young thing, something of a danger. She was getting too close. I felt the blood lust rising, just as the family taught me, I was going to kill her without a thought. And then I stopped. She's alive somewhere right now. She's walking around this city because I can change. I did change. I know I can't prove it
>DOCTOR: I believe you.
>MARGARET: Then you know I'm capable of better.
>DOCTOR: It doesn't mean anything.
>MARGARET: I spared her life.
>DOCTOR: You let one of them go, but that's nothing new. Every now and then, a little victim's spared because she smiled, because he's got freckles, because they begged. And that's how you live with yourself. That's how you slaughter millions. Because once in a while, on a whim, if the wind's in the right direction, you happen to be kind.
>MARGARET: Only a killer would know that. Is that right? From what I've seen, your funny little happy go lucky little life leaves devastation in its wake. Always moving on because you dare not look back. Playing with so many peoples lives, you might as well be a god. And you're right, Doctor. You're absolutely right. Sometimes you let one go. Let me go.
>>
>>81016611
It's the scene from Boom Town in the restaurant.
>>
>>81016647
>>81016652
Thanks.
>>
File: C66GPdFWkAIvch_.jpg large.jpg (115KB, 712x947px) Image search: [Google]
C66GPdFWkAIvch_.jpg large.jpg
115KB, 712x947px
>>
>>81016777
STOP BULLYING THIS INNOCENT SET REPORTER YOU FUCKING INSIGNIFICANT SPECIMEN
>>
>>81016850
He was dissing set reporters earlier today.
>>
Under the Lake/Before the Flood had a great idea to split the story between two different times, but it squandered it on lame-ass fake-out paradox instead of doing something interesting by following two chains of events at the same time and possibly seeing consequences before causes and so.
>>
File: cheated.png (3MB, 1396x1194px) Image search: [Google]
cheated.png
3MB, 1396x1194px
Reminder
>>
File: why regenerate.jpg (78KB, 342x426px) Image search: [Google]
why regenerate.jpg
78KB, 342x426px
>>81016923
>Clara will never squat for a sneaky slash in the corner of your attic while you sleep
>>
>>81016984
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>81016917
The whole point of the story was explaining how a bootstrap paradox can occur if you can time travel.

Yeah...I know bootstrap paradoxes have been used in DW before (most notably in series 1, the whole Bad Wolf arc), but sometimes it's kinda nice to see it simplified and explained fully.
>>
File: 11112222.gif (546KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
11112222.gif
546KB, 160x160px
>>81016984

>mfw

>>81017042

God only knows.
>>
>>81017310
Bootstrap paradox is pretty vanilla and I hated how it was used to justify cheap fake-outs, since the explaination to the cliffhanger weirdness eventually amounts to "they happened because they happened". It's not actually smart.
>>
>>81016777
Is this image fucking shopped? What's going on with his bow legs? Why the hell is he holding that sign?
>>
>>81017354
God knows I want to breaaaak freeeeee.
>>
File: qt Liz.jpg (48KB, 618x394px) Image search: [Google]
qt Liz.jpg
48KB, 618x394px
>>81015465
> looks like a Blue Peter presenter.
You take that back right now.
>>
>>81017363
>It's not actually smart.

Maybe not. But the show has to appeal to all (in the UK at least: family show for ages 6+ up to great great grandparents that have been watching since 1963), and not everyone is necessarily as smart as (you).
>>
File: green-toy-soldier.jpg (13KB, 739x454px) Image search: [Google]
green-toy-soldier.jpg
13KB, 739x454px
You take a family heirloom, any heirloom, say something passed down by your grandfather. You take it back in time and you give it to your grandfather when he was a child, so he can pass it down to you. Where does the heirloom come from, who makes it in the first place, insoluble conundrum, yaddah yaddah yaddah, God in Heaven even pointing out that it's tedious is tedious. (Metacliché: something so drab that it can't even be safely deconstructed any more).
>>
the pilot
smile
thin ice
knock knock
oxygen
extremis
the truth
the lie
earth attacks
eaters of light
goodbye, planet earth
the humans

tomorrow.
>>
>>81017363
Agreed. I mean, it was heavily foreshadowed in the first episode (I think? Never watching them again lol, although I remember liking the first one) but it's been done a billion times now and it just seems like a really contemptuous way of resolving problems that the writer presents as though they're a big deal to create tension and suspense. Problem is it's been hand-waved so often with "le timey wimey xD" that it's pretty much devalued the two-part story as a whole, when you can lulz your way out of every cliffhanger by going "time travel something something paradox!" - the cliffhangers themselves just become tiresome, and the show as a whole starts to bleed tension.

If Doctor Who is missing one thing since the revival, it's consistency. It's particularly a problem under Moffat, but RTD started it with the reset button finales - no race, species or creation develops or evolves because if they do change, the change is forgotten the next time they show up.

One episode the Daleks have a parliament and an asylum for sick daleks, the next they're back to having an Empire and all dying daleks get thrown into a sewer - but wait, I thought they considered "hatred" too beautiful to be destroyed or allowed to die? One minute they hate other species to the extent that being genetically impure drives them insane, the next they're turning humans into daleks. The Cybermen used to convert people manually, now it's nanobots lol, and also the Daleks have nanobots, and also - wait, if they have nanobots that can re-write genetics on a whim, can't they just nanobomb every planet in existence to mass convert reality? And if they can, why don't they?

Moffat's like the Nintendo of Doctor Who, introducing unnecessary gimmicks in the name of "innovation" and then by the next iteration he has some new shiny novelty to spin to the audience, all of which tend to be shallow, superficial, low-risk, and ultimately pointless.
>>
>>81016984
>Clara will never ask you to lick her sweaty gym socks clean
>>
>>81017721
Still try to imagine the path that toy soldier traveled before ending up in Rupert Pink's toy box.
>>
>>81017979
why would you want to lick her socks and not her feet? i don't understand, i couldn't get off to licking a bra
>>
>>81017980
i think he bought it from a shop and then put it there
>>
File: C71FyfvW0AEdAbr.jpg (69KB, 398x910px) Image search: [Google]
C71FyfvW0AEdAbr.jpg
69KB, 398x910px
>>
>>81017980
If you're thinking the Doctor eventually passed it down to him, you need to be eaten by a Reaper
>>
>>81018039
My dick can only handle so much,
>>
What's better /who/? Dark Eyes or Doom Coalition?
FYI I'm on DC3 and it's a lot better than latter DA but overall idk
>>
>>81018280
>tfw no feels
>>
karen thread
>>81016501
>>
>>81018366
Doom Coalition.
It's the best Eight has been since the main range IMO.
>>
I know who the new doctor is. prepare for the biggest divide in fandom ever. and no its not a female. april 8th.
>>
File: insane.jpg (16KB, 160x161px) Image search: [Google]
insane.jpg
16KB, 160x161px
So I created a tinder account last week. matched with this qt who is also obsessed doctor who, messaged her and she hasnt responded

she hasnt been online though. am i going mad?

help me /who/ bros
>>
>>81016533
Tom Baker and the current Master. No one would notice since Baker is so old.
>>
File: bnr.gif (759KB, 285x171px) Image search: [Google]
bnr.gif
759KB, 285x171px
>>81016984
>>
>>81019793
It's Andrew Garfield. The spoilerhounds already have the info
>>
>>81020503
end this meme
>>
>>81019837
Well firstly prepare yourself for the possibility that she might not respond. I'm not sure exactly how tindr works, but I probably wouldn't message her again if you have already.
In the event that she does respond I'd bring up the doctor who thing and just talk about it how you do here, subtracting and fuck offerinos and calling her a pleb for whatever shitty opinion she holds. Mention the premiere date, and invite her over to watch it, make sure your house is clean, like immaculate. Be a good host. Have refreshments and or a small meal available to whip up or have prepared in advance. Visit >>>/ck> if needs be. Be yourself, the best version of you will probably go the farthest. Be flirty but don't try and get in her pants unless she seems dtf. Compliment something about her, something that's not cliche or obvious, id est her eyes (Like cute earings, cool bag etc.)
If she seems a bit sketched out about meeting you for the first time alone in your home, make it a small party, bribe people with free food/drinks if you must and make it clear to them that they'd really be helping you out b pretending to watch dr who for an hour.
Keep the mission to having fun and just meeting someone new, don't over think it and have a good time. Good luck anon, godspeed.
>>
File: Sad-Pepe.jpg (49KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Pepe.jpg
49KB, 500x491px
>>81020909
>I will never have friends this good irl
Thank you cloister.
>>
File: eleven-wink.gif (670KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
eleven-wink.gif
670KB, 320x179px
>>81021163
That's poppycock anon. There's people out there that can be, they just have to be found. There's nothing special about me, cloisters come a dime a dozen. You'll be fine, just be you and I'll always be around if you do need a friend.
>>
>>81019793
Can't really imagine what will be more divisive than a woman desu. An American?
>>
>>81021524
youngest ever
>>
>>81016533
>in the last episode the twist is both detectives are the Master and Doctor respectively given false memories of human lives and families, and made to become human via the chameleon arch by the Time Lords to track down this dangerous Time Lord, the reason they are made human would because this Time Lord can sense other Time Lords (as can all Time Lords) and bails the moment he senses their presence. Thus they are made human for the Time being
This would possibly be the worst episode of television ever filmed.
>>
>>81021550
No-one will really give a shit if he's like 20. It'll just be a muted repeat of the hubbub over Smith at 26.
>>
>>81021524
Kris Marshall?
>>
>>81021578
No. It's actually a decent idea, i'd tweak it a bit personally, but if it was made it would be far from the worst episode of television ever filmed. Christ talk about melodramatic.
>>
>>81016533
Sounds a bit "far beyond the stars" ds9 or "inner-light "(TNG)could work well, i mean the premise made for a great star trek episode
>>
Andrew Buchan?

https://twitter.com/MineCartMayhem/status/846795816782172160
>>
>>81021697
Yes I was being hyperbolic, but for a 'realistic' mystery series that's been pretending it's not Doctor Who to suddenly have to flip the lid, introduce all the concepts of Doctor Who and Time Lords for the non-fans, and completely swerve back into Doctor Who's version of fantasy, in the space of one episode, would be a clusterfuck of wank the likes of which you'd never seen.

For something like this to exist, it would have to be watchable even if you'd never seen any Doctor Who and never planned to. If it was a slightly more surreal series where it's hinted that the two detectives have something more to them, in a Sapphire and Steel kind of way, you could potentially play the reveal of "they're both ancient immortal beings from a race beyond time" at the end without actually going as far as ever saying 'Time Lords' and still get the payoff for Who fans.
>>
>>81021829
based mini matt leaking
>>
>>81021829
Yes - as if it hasn't been painfully obvious since Capaldi announced his departure. Andrew Buchan and Chibnall are as tight as a knot.

Get betting, April 8th is the date I've heard
>>
>>81021999
trips never lie
>>
>>81021829
Mini Matt is about to get ERASED
>>
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-star-peter-capaldi-9732513

Reminder the Mirror have been right about everything for years:

>But show insiders say incoming boss Chris Chibnall is eyeing Andrew Buchan as the 13th Time Lord, having worked with him over the past five years.

Happening!
>>
I feel pretty confident that it will be Buchan. It's just the Gallifrey Base autists that think otherwise.
>>
Buchans' the ideal age for 13 at 38. He's at the perfect place in his career as well.

Him and Chibnall clearly have a good, steady working relationship which god knows Chibnall will want for his first series.
>>
>>81022444
>>81022244
>>81021999

>These digits
>All on posts about Andrew Buchan being 13

dare I say...happening?
>>
>>81022444
>444
>They don't film a regeneration scene
>Buchan is actually the 444th Doctor
>Chibnall fills in all the gaps and even brings back the classic Doctors with CGI during his finale in three years
>Based Chibby got us all
>>
A lot of the 'normal' casting predictions seem to have the problem that they won't feel fresh or create a buzz. Regardless of how generally-agreed-to-be-talented the actor might be, to keep everyone's interest they have to immediately bring some sort of different aesthetic and feel to people's perception of the show, one that seems fresh. Part of it is the brand identity that they convey as a person.
Eccles, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi, each of them brought a fresh one in some form. But the predictions that are "here's this semi-known dude who was in a few shows, he's quite good I suppose", they feel a bit like repeats of one of those four. The revival is old enough now that it has to push further if it's going to keep feeling new, and it's also not old enough that it can just redo something it's done before with moderate changes. What I'm trying to say is I don't give two shits about Andrew Buchan.
>>
File: 0987654355.png (84KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
0987654355.png
84KB, 620x414px
>>81022650
>What I'm trying to say is I don't give two shits about Andrew Buchan

You mean the 13th Doctor?
>>
File: d07-w416.jpg (87KB, 396x595px) Image search: [Google]
d07-w416.jpg
87KB, 396x595px
>>81022650
The solution is to bypass the acting world entirely and hire a weird carnival performer known for putting things up his nose
>>
>>81022650
It's not just the "normal" predictions; even half the "buzz" predictions have nothing exciting except for being a woman (Phoebe Waller-Bridge) or black (David Harewood) or Irish or young.

Sure, Phoebe would provide some buzz being the first female Doctor, and she's a perfectly good actress, but I don't see her bringing something new and different to the role in the same way as Tilda Swinton, Olivia Colman, or Hayley Atwell could. Why waste the first female Doctor on her?
>>
File: Eleven (100).jpg (164KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Eleven (100).jpg
164KB, 768x1024px
>>81022745
>putting things up his nose
But we just had Matt Smith as the doctor.
>>
>>81016984
>>81017042
Did you read that new thing by Phil Sandifer where he says that the idea that the autistic can't feel empathy is used to justify the belief that they're not human?
I'm starting to come around to that line of thinking.
>>
>>81022991
I'm thinking about this more from a marketing perspective in the moment of the announcement. You could cast the most boring woman on the planet and there would still be a shitstorm because she was the first woman. Obviously this would be a problem when everyone realised she was boring, but the momentum from the casting announcement would exist. Similar (although less so) goes for non-white men. You'd have a lock on at least some measure of public investment in where the show will be headed for the next few years, purely by virtue of having concretely altered the semiotics of Doctorhood in a way that hasn't been tried before.

If you don't have that advantage, you have to compensate for it. E.g. Capaldi's run may have had less than great ratings, but they basically got away with his casting once they announced it, because even just in his eyes he brought both a striking new visual approach to the Doctor and echoes of an iconic (and cheekily incompatible) pre-existing TV character in Malcolm. It felt different, like it had potential, people were interested to see where it would go. They got properly hyped when his eyebrows cameoed in the 50th.

But now we've had Capaldi, it has to be varied up yet again. Mainly I'm concerned that any choice that lacks its own 'wow factor' is going to sap public enthusiasm, even if the show turns out perfectly fine down the road.
>>
>>81021578
The Twin Dilemma
>>
File: 653977744.jpg (32KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
653977744.jpg
32KB, 612x408px
Photoshoot from 15 February 2017
>>
File: 653977710.jpg (30KB, 408x612px) Image search: [Google]
653977710.jpg
30KB, 408x612px
>>
Can we talk about the giant sea monster episode? Looks pretty based. Can someone explain to an American how big the Thames is?
>>
File: ge.gif (365KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
ge.gif
365KB, 500x205px
>>81023441
>autistic can't feel empathy is used to justify the belief that they're not human
>>
>>81023780
It's not miles across like the Mississippi, but it's pretty decent size.

It ranges from 60 feet near the base to almost 1000 feet in east London to half a mile in Gravesend.
>>
>>81023780
It's about Miami to Disney World in length
>>
Can someone explain me why this Mini Matt Smith guy has inside information?
>>
>>81024800
Matt Whelan locked him in his basement and removed several of his toes in an attempt to pry information out of him. Mini Matt never gave in, and when he was rescued the DW production team gave him VIP treatment and a personalized tour of the set.
>>
>>81024800
He's small and has pretty bad autism so the staff are nice to him
>>
File: s man.jpg (44KB, 546x574px) Image search: [Google]
s man.jpg
44KB, 546x574px
Seriously why the fuck would anyone hire an actor that makes that high pitch whistling noise when ever the pronounce the letter "s"? It is so distracting and loud.
Pic is the old cunt in Planet of Giants.
>>
File: Pierce and TARDIS.jpg (86KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pierce and TARDIS.jpg
86KB, 1600x800px
>>81019793
It's Pierce Brosnan
>>
Doctor Who?
>>
>>81025276
I always knew he'd be back for revenge after that episode of Remington Steele where Tom Baker stole his dog
>>
>>81023516
I still think there ought to be a short, unassuming Doctor again a la Troughton or McCoy.
>>
>>81025065
I never really noticed.
>>
>>81023441
I think he was being pro-autism though. Not sure if that applies here.

>>81025650
Time for Kinnear
>>
File: IMG_4439.jpg (68KB, 583x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4439.jpg
68KB, 583x328px
Doesn't she look tired?
>>
>>81026598
It's "don't you think," pleb
>>
File: ANTI-PLASTIC.jpg (63KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ANTI-PLASTIC.jpg
63KB, 1024x576px
ANTI-PLASTIC
>>
File: caress.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
caress.gif
2MB, 500x281px
/who/ is the only 4chan board i ever go on
i just left and went to browse random /tv/ threads
never forget how good you have it on /who/
>>
>>81027257
by any chance do you spend the rest of your internet time on reddit or tumblr
>>
>>81026659
>he watches doctor who
>he think he has the right to call others plebs
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>81022444
I've a horrible feeling if this is the case they're just going to do a weaker version of the RTD years
>>
>>81027257
There's sometimes a nice thread about other shows/films too, like the Hopkins vs. Mikkelsen Hannibal Lecter one from yesterday
>>
>>81027450
Sounds shit if true.
Literally no reason to get excited for the next era.
>>
>>81027523
I just get the feeling Chibnall doesn't have the courage or conviction to present his own take on the show, and if I'm honest, I'm not sure if he even has the vision for his "own take." He seems like such a strange pick to me, he's only proven himself with Broadchurch - which, to be fair to him, I hear great things about, but at the same time it looks like a very safe, conventional show that isn't doing anything new even if it's doing everything well.

I get the impression that he's going to play it just as safe as showrunner, and try to bring the show back in line with RTD's vision, which got the biggest numbers in terms of audience share, and the most hype. If there IS any kind of pressure from the BBC, then it's something I feel like he'll happily cave to, and we're going to get demographic-based television.

It's all baseless conjecture though, I'm going on nothing but rumours and instinct, and if I'm honest, I think I'd prefer RTD-lite to Moffat Who anyway, which lost the heart and the wonder.
>>
DAS IST GARETH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtqStG6dL0
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>page 9
Not in my watch!
>>
>>81029422
Page 9 is pigshit.
>>
>>81027729
>Broadchurch - which, to be fair to him, I hear great things about, but at the same time it looks like a very safe, conventional show that isn't doing anything new even if it's doing everything well.

Yeah. It's basically Twin Peaks without the surrealism or satire. It's done very well, but hardly new. I do like how focused it is on the emotions of the characters rather than the nature of the mysteries or crimes themselves; it feels very human.

Chibnall got the job because he said yes to it, I'd imagine. Most of the other feasible picks probably did not want it. It's a hard, fairly thankless job. Chibnall has showran numerous shows. I'm skeptical that his Doctor Who will be great, or even leave a lasting mark, but it will get made, which is the most important bottom line thing, at least to the BBC.
>>
>>81013151
No they don't, your screengrab just shows they include them with main range purchases, which is exactly what I said. Boxsets don't come with scripts.
>>
I know how "autistic" this is, but it really bothers me none of the torrents or MEGA links or anything to a pirated copy of Doom Coalition 3 include the Behind the Scenes. All the other Doom Coalition (and Dark Eyes, etc.) do.

I'm considering buying Doom Coalition 3 from the BF site, even though I really don't have the money, it bothers me that much, and I really like listening to the Behind the Scenes. Plus it would just feel so weird having all of them except that one.

I don't know if I should be talked into it, or out of it.
>>
File: sad capal.gif (474KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
sad capal.gif
474KB, 500x275px
>page 9 again
>>
>>81030907
It's over for who
>>
>>81031296
it's never usually that busy at this time, it's 4am here in the UK at least
>>
File: 1490624872058.jpg (809KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490624872058.jpg
809KB, 1920x1920px
mfw dead /who/
>>
File: air.gif (405KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
air.gif
405KB, 500x288px
Don't die :'(
>>
File: ainley.jpg (29KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
ainley.jpg
29KB, 768x576px
Die, /who. DIE/ WHO! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
>>
File: IMG_3399.jpg (125KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3399.jpg
125KB, 1440x900px
Anybody saw the BBC lesson thing?
>>
>>81033418
No, what exactly is it?
>>
>>81033436
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFgWc7Vyols
>>
>>81033481
Looks kino
>>
File: st--2t50.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
st--2t50.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>81033570
Cuck-kino
>>
>>81016617
>>81018280
>>81018383
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>81033731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3OTgTyujtE
>>
What are /who/s thoughts on Eye of the Scorpion, listened to it last night and thought it was pretty good
>>
>>81033999
>2017
>moot

shiggy
>>
>>81034019
dude rezzing the worst companion lmao
>>
File: original.gif (479KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
479KB, 320x180px
>>81034076
Oh he's still here. Didn't you hear? His news was a big fat lie.
>>
>>81034019

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Eye_of_the_Scorpion_(audio_story)

"Many of the character traits established for Erimem in this story would go on to be running themes explored throughout her run. The story was thus a bit unusual for a companion introduction in that it featured character beats that were typical of that companion, rather than things that were mentioned in her introduction and then mostly forgotten. It's not really possible to understand her actions in later stories like The Church and the Crown, The Council of Nicaea, Son of the Dragon, and her eventual departure in The Bride of Peladon without getting a good grasp on her motivations in this tale."

^I legitimately cannot parse this. What does it mean? I don't understand.
>>
>>81034138
Could you please explain? Your words do not make very much sense by reading.
>>
>>81034270
I don't understand what the TARDIS Core means in the quoted paragraph.
>>
>>81034138
From what I can tell, it says:

>most companion introductions mention character traits (like Mel's programming skills), that are then barely used later

>Erimem is an exception, as her character's first story featured traits that would effect every other story she was in, and be integral for her character arc.
>>
>>81034489
Ah, alright. Kind of a weird statement to make. Some characters (Clara and her computer skills, Mel's programming skills, etc.) have that, but hardly all, or even most.
>>
>>81034562
I agree. It's an opinion masquerading as fact, especially when we're talking about Big Finish companions, along with TV companions.
>>
Why does Doctor Who exist? It's terrible
>>
>>81034785
I just made a wiki account to complain about it.
>>
>>81034785
Really, it would be better to say almost the exact opposite—Erimem's introduction was not at all unusual in that, like almost all Big Finish companion introduction stories, it was modeled after Ace's (and Benny's and Fitz's) rather than most of the earlier TV companions.
>>
File: FtD.jpg (87KB, 524x525px) Image search: [Google]
FtD.jpg
87KB, 524x525px
>Adric will never read to you
>>
File: KBxr20TO.jpg (114KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
KBxr20TO.jpg
114KB, 512x512px
What's /who/ think of rifftracks/MST3K?

Ign com/articles/2017/03/27/rifftrax-live-brings-the-classic-doctor-who-tale-the-five-doctors-to-the-big-screen
>>
>>81036605
I don't really understand the appeal, it's similar to reaction videos to me. I'd rather react myself directly to the content than watch/listen to someone else react to it, or riff off it.
>>
>>81036634
DESU I don't understand reaction videos either but I get "riffing vids". It's like a friendship simulator, MST3K is at least.
>>
>>81036692
>It's like a friendship simulator
I expect you're very familiar with those
>>
>>81036692
I guess I just don't understand friendship simulators.

>>81036706
Why? He has a partner he obviously gets on with very well.
>>
>>81036605
I haven't seen their Five Doctors, but their Daleks' Invasion Earth is one of their least interesting ones.

Anyway, even when they have some good jokes, there's often long stretches where they're boring or annoying in between the good bits, so watching a whole 100 minutes of them can get way too much.

It was better on MST3K, and even more so before Joel left, because the stuff in between the stories was sometimes so… however you'd describe Joel's stuff… that it helped break things up a bit and keep it from getting stale.
>>
>>81036692
I should add that it's the kind of the same function as watching a stream with /who/.
>>81036706
Probably, but it's not like you're not either. Since you're using one now, posting on a tibetan gong ringing forum.
>>
>>81036743
Managing to guilt one girl into a relationship doesn't mean he has a healthy social life
>>
>>81036761
>I should add that it's the kind of the same function as watching a stream with /who/.

I think the big difference is that on a stream, it's just anons talking together, interacting. Listening to a commentary track, or watching a reaction video, you're just witnessing other people interacting.

>>81036778
Move the goalposts much?
>>
>>81036634
Sure, but these guys are funnier than you and they've done it professionally for ages.
>>
>>81036799
But they're not being funny with you. You're watching a group of people have fun, instead of having fun yourself. I just don't get it. Watching TV is already disconnected one level from reality, going two levels just seems kinda sad to me.
>>
>>81036799
By the same token, About Time or The Discontinuity Guide are a lot more insightful and entertaining than any thread on /who/ (or GB or anywhere else), and yet there's a reason you're on /who/.
>>
>>81036797
>it's just anons talking together, interacting. Listening to a commentary track, or watching a reaction video, you're just witnessing other people interacting.
I guess it's a matter of how much one interacts. I'm probably more keen to listen than add to the conversation myself.
>>
>>81027257
/a/, /vp/, /ic/ and /lit/ are fine if you can find a /comfy/ thread.

Mostly science fiction fandoms are /comfy/
>>
>>81036850
Oh I don't know about that Cloister, you're very active in /who/, I don't know about streams but in general I'd consider you very much more a talker than lurker or listener or anything online. A good thing IMO.
>>
>>81036828
There used to be an unofficial Rocky Horror video that included the theater as well as the movie, with a whole group of regulars doing all the regular audience participation stuff, so you could watch it at home with two or three friends and still feel like you were getting the real Rocky experience. Except that you weren't. In fact, it was pretty depressing trying to watch it at home with two or three friends.

Besides losing out on the whole interactivity, it's also a lot easier to realize that most of the crap people do isn't actually funny or clever and it's only fun because you're part of it.

In the same way, while RiffTrax may have a higher percentage of hits than some random group of anons, it's still a pretty low percentage, and it's a lot easier to realize when they're being boring when you're not part of it.
>>
>>81036903
Good insight anon.
>>
>>81036889
aw, Well thanks Anon. /who/ affords me an additional buffer. I shy away from the streams on here most of the time because of the added dimension of social interaction. Here I can drop a comment and leave and follow up on replies at my leisure, in an actual chat one's obligated to keep up their end of the conversation.
>>
>>81036990
Yeah that's understandable, and I get why being able to control the pace of things would be preferable for you.
>>
Tea was a drink made from the dried leaves of the tea plant, Camellia, created by brewing the leaves in hot water. Tea leaves were sometimes encased in porous bags, making it easier to dispose the leaves after steeping. (TV: The Invasion of Time, The Lodger, PROSE: The Dying Days) The Fifth Doctor once described tea to Will Chandler as "a noxious Tea was a drink made from the dried leaves of the tea plant, Camellia, created by brewing the leaves in hot water. Tea leaves were sometimes encased in porous bags, making it easier to dispose the leaves after steeping. (TV: The Invasion of Time, The Lodger, PROSE: The Dying Days) The Fifth Doctor once described tea to Will Chandler as "a noxious infusion of oriental leaves containing a high percentage of toxic acid". Will thought it sounded vile, to which the Doctor replied, "Personally, I rather like it". (TV: The Awakening) According to Samuel Johnson, the proper use of tea was to relax the studious, a claim the Fourth Doctor quoted while in the Morovanian Museum. (AUDIO: The Renaissance Man)
Milk and sugar were often used to flavour tea. According to Professor Litefoot, ladies should add only one lump of sugar to their tea. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang) Lemon was also often used to flavour tea. (PROSE: Fallen Gods)

According to the Eighth Doctor, one should "never turn down tea if it's offered. It's impolite, and that's how wars start." Although at first claiming this to have incited at least fourteen different wars, he admitted that he may have been exaggerating when pressed. (AUDIO: Memory Lane)

>>
Project: Twilight was not very good
>>
>>81037844
Elaborate?
>>
>>81037881
I didn't like it
>>
>>81037893
Yeah I want to hear your specific opinions though :(
>>
>>81037947
I want to hear yours first, anon. Did you like it? If so, why?
>>
>>81036778
>guilt one girl into a relationship
I don't think that's a real thing, anon. :/
>>
>>81037844
I hated Project: Twilight too. I only listened it to get the full story for A Death in the Family.
>>
>>81037956
I don't remember, I'm chronically amnesiac so I forget basically every story after listening to it
>>
>>81037956
Not the same anon, but I thought it was pretty good.

Yes, it does feel a lot more S22 than Evelyn-era, and Reggie is pretty OTT. But throwing Evelyn into a story with Sawardian Sixie vs. an OTT villain worked. And, unlike an actual S22 story, the other characters besides Reggie are realistic, varied, and interesting characters.
>>
>>81038029
Me too, I'm fucking awful. I only remember small bits and pieces of the plot, and sometimes some dialogue (the 8th Doctor calling the Time Lords bitchy in Seasons of Fear stuck out).
>>
>>81038029
No, no, you actually recovered completely from your amnesia, and your other amnesia, you just don't remember that because most of your mind was temporarily removed so the entire Matrix could be uploaded into it.
>>
File: The_Master_Deadly_Assassin.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The_Master_Deadly_Assassin.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>81038051
I didn't really find the characters interesting, or the story. I liked some of the interactions between 6 and Evelyn, and the casual stuff like the Doctor getting Chinese food and Evelyn going to that lady's apartment. Felt like they were actually inhabiting Earth, in a way that you don't get often in the tv show.

It's just the rest of it felt kinda stupid and/or generic. Especially the Doctor spending most of his time helping what are very clearly the villains of the story and than acting shocked when they betray him. It's actually pretty absurd if you think about it. The Doctor sees a corpse, and is like wtf why do you have this, and they say oh sometimes we kill people to try and cure ourselves and the Doctor is just like oh ok

>>81038105
I find audios are particularly hard to remember, I think because there is no visual aid to jog your memory or anything. Bits and pieces stick with me too. Like Ace saying that the Master looked like 'a dropped pizza'
>>
>>81038051
It probably makes a difference hearing it in 2001 vs. 2017, what with Torchwood London basically doing The Forge story, and then another franchise making it impossible to hear "vampire" and "Twilight" at the same time without vomiting.
>>
>>81038140
Hehe, 8 is my favourite Dr for a reason xD rawr!
>>
File: 1484075807162.jpg (216KB, 1276x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1484075807162.jpg
216KB, 1276x1420px
>>81038218
>>
>>81038172
>I find audios are particularly hard to remember, I think because there is no visual aid to jog your memory or anything.
What about novels?

I tend to remember the novels better than the audios, but it may be that at the time I first read them (especially the NAs), I was desperate for more Doctor Who and they were the continuing story of the series, while the audios (and comics) never felt that way for me.
>>
>>81038450
Well, I dunno. You're still using your eyes to read a novel, so I guess it's visual in a way? There's just something about sound that doesn't stick
>>
Andrew Buchan!
>>
>>81038980
Does anyone actually take seriously these rumors that pop up every week?
>>
Doctor no more...
>>
>Phoebe Waller-Bridge is now the 4/7 odds on favourite with William Hill to be named as the next Dr Who in what would be a ground breaking decision by the BBC.
What were the odds on Capaldi when betting was suspended?
>>
>>81039227
Mini Matt Smith (the guy who interviews everyone) was on set recently and presumably he was told who the new Doctor is, seeing as he's tweeted about it.

He says the new Dr isn't:
>Phoebe Waller Bridge
>Kris Marshall
>David Harewood
>Tilda Swinton

But the new Doctor is on this list:
https://twitter.com/MineCartMayhem/status/846795816782172160

Andrew Buchan's name appears there. Also, there's this article from The Mirror from like a month ago which says:

>But show insiders say incoming boss Chris Chibnall is eyeing Andrew Buchan as the 13th Time Lord, having worked with him over the past five years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-star-peter-capaldi-9732513
>>
>>81039567
>and presumably he was told who the new Doctor is
Why would he be?
>>
>>81039593
He's got some sort of illness I think, which is why he gets to visit the set, get press passes, and interview people. I dunno much about him but he seems like a decent kid. His Twitter is verified too
>>
>>81039681
I still don't think they would give him such secret information. And that's assuming Chibnall has even cast someone yet.
>>
>>81040110
I'd be surprised if they haven't been cast
>>
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/28/taking-cue-josh-tranks-fantastic-four-steven-moffat-told-pearl-mackie-not-watch-doctor/

Not watching Who is beneficial to watching Who
>>
>>81039567
Mini Matt is just trolling.
>>
>>81040315
The Fantastic Four comparison is so pointless. "Oh no, this shit film employed a similar strategy so Doctor Who series 10 might be shit too" Completely irrelevant
>>
>>81040904
It's embarrassing to think that the type of person who makes threads like that browses /who/ enough to accidentally post it here
>>
http://www.gamesradar.com/why-patrick-troughton-peed-on-golf-courses/
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 288x175px
>>81041073

>So....Drumpf
>>
>>81041089
>When asked, years later, by his son why he’d left them, Troughton explained, “I needed change. Things have to change all the time for me I’m afraid, that’s the way I am."

>tfw troughton is a dick
>>
>>81041160
It's so weird how it's constructed in this way where it looks like a long list of wacky facts but then you've just got "He abandoned his family without any regrets!" slapped in there
>>
https://twitter.com/georgebaker26/status/847046330899992576
What did he mean by this
>>
>>81041073
>Being surprised that the type of person who watches a shitty children's show has the mentality to make shitty retarded threads like that and post them here accidentally

But why?
>>
>>81041304
who cares?
>>
>>81016984
>>81041089
W A T E R S P O R T S
H A P P E N I N G
>>
File: mNFwFIZBkQk.jpg (303KB, 1242x1572px) Image search: [Google]
mNFwFIZBkQk.jpg
303KB, 1242x1572px
Just a reminder that Pearl is very fit and has great tits.
>>
>>81041417
>bill will never serve you chips
>>
>>81041417
I have a longstanding thing for bushy eyebrows so this is actually great
>>
>>81041336
Hi Matt. You insignificant specimen.
>>
And if you dont want to have sex with Pearl Mackie you are literally gay.
>>
File: Lena-Dunham-books-0142.jpg (63KB, 531x390px) Image search: [Google]
Lena-Dunham-books-0142.jpg
63KB, 531x390px
>>81041694
>>
>>81041694
I can't think of a single person, female or male, that I've consciously had a desire to want to have sex with
>>
File: It's the man I want.png (311KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
It's the man I want.png
311KB, 417x417px
>>81041694
>>
>>81041795
Is that really the best quote they can attach her with?
>>
File: 1437993040900.webm (1MB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437993040900.webm
1MB, 576x720px
>>
Vortex > DWM
>>
>>81041795
good reaction image
>>
>>81041795
rani return confirmed?
>>
>>81041376
Chinballs Watersports Golden Age
>>
>>81041930
Bored Briggsy?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkpqYFF2w5k
So is anyone on /who/ listening to this? It's pretty good if you want to listen to fanboys sucking off An Unearthly Child for 45 minutes, which I always do. But it also seems like they'll continue adhering to the fan consensus with le cavemen episodes are boring meme, which triggers me pretty hard tbqh.
>>
File: C8Fqm3WXkAAGq2g.jpg (278KB, 931x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C8Fqm3WXkAAGq2g.jpg
278KB, 931x1200px
Capaldi looks GREAT
>>
>>81039681
The account isn't run by mini Matt. His dad is. You can infer everything else from this.
>>
Haven't been on /who/ for a good week. Missed anything?
>>
>>81043411
SEX?
>>
>>81043411
>mfw I read the title as SEX
>>
>>81043533
Matt Whelans newest meltdown
>>
File: d07-7n-c548.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
d07-7n-c548.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>
Clara will call the Doctor to comfort him before regeneration. Just like he called her after 11 regenerated.

Screencap this.
>>
>>81043908
The scene will cutaway to Clala and Ashildr in their TARDIS. As 12 accepts his fate, it makes Clala think it's time to also accept hers. She decides to head back to Gallifrey. We then cut back to 12. "It's time."
>>
>>81043938
>>81043908
Absolute pottery. Will Moffat do it?
>>
>>81043491
They've more than likely been told
>>
>>81043908
But the Doctor had Clara wiped from his memory
>>
>>81044011
>he actually believes this
>>
>>81043908
>>81043978
How would /who/ react if she repeats the monologue from Listen?
>>
>>81044095
causing The Doctor to regenerate into Danny Splink
>>
>>81044095
Stop it I can only get so erect.
>>
>>81044095
Listen is already the GOAT episode, but I don't see what that would add. It's best if it's never referenced again, honestly - a lot of its power comes from how insulated it is from everything while simultaneously being connected to the core and origins of the show. It's a delicate balance, and dragging it into the limelight might ruin it.
>>
I just watched the interviews about the radiophonic workshop on the Beginning box set and holy shit Delia Derbyshire has such a strange voice. The cadence of her voice is so odd, it's like she's an alien who came to Earth and decided to show us her music. I think I love her.
>>
File: happy 6.gif (997KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
happy 6.gif
997KB, 245x300px
>>81040110
If I was one of Mini Matt's parents and he knew who the next Doctor will be, I would've threatened him with grounding for life/ taking away his PC/ hiding his favourite Xbox games/ other punishments until he told me.

Then headed straight to the bookies and placed a £1000 bet on the (presumably) at that time outsider. Mortgage later paid off.
>>
Doctor no more....
>>
Master no more...
>>
Companion no more...
>>
File: 2014.jpg (105KB, 564x724px) Image search: [Google]
2014.jpg
105KB, 564x724px
>>81043411
Compare the first SFX cover to the one now. He looks younger and healthier. What's his secret? Did he drink Jenna's blood?
>>
"No more" no more...
>>
Showrunner no more...
>>
Nardole no more...
>>
File: capal.jpg (342KB, 1236x1553px) Image search: [Google]
capal.jpg
342KB, 1236x1553px
>>
dubs no more...
>>
File: 0042.jpg (499KB, 998x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0042.jpg
499KB, 998x1280px
>>
File: C8F4ulmX0AAnjPB.jpg (123KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
C8F4ulmX0AAnjPB.jpg
123KB, 1200x681px
what did he mean by this
>>
File: 46.jpg (304KB, 1200x1541px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
304KB, 1200x1541px
>>
>>81016533
Well there's gotta be some advertisement it's Doctor Who related otherwise you won't get the Doctor Who crowd. If you reveal it's Doctor Who in the last episode all the fans will have to watch it post show. And you can't be subtle about the twist with a Doctor as a lead, being advertised as connected to Doctor Who.
>>
File: grim.png (14KB, 437x127px) Image search: [Google]
grim.png
14KB, 437x127px
RTD BTFO
>>
>>81044718
>fighting

MORTAL KOMBAT
>>
>>81044620
>half-naked Ice Warrior
wew lad
>>
>>81044718
>Capaldi subtley deconfirms Trump episode
Guess we'll have to wait for series 11.
>>
File: SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _049.jpg (124KB, 629x807px) Image search: [Google]
SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _049.jpg
124KB, 629x807px
>>
>>81045144
Steven Moffat saying that, when he put "silence will fall" (something which basically went on til Matt's finale) into Matt's first episode.
>>
File: SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _050.jpg (97KB, 629x807px) Image search: [Google]
SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _050.jpg
97KB, 629x807px
>>
>>81045509
>Ice Warriors in the series after Series 7
>"too soon"
>Puts Angel cameos into every series
>>
File: SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _052.jpg (120KB, 629x807px) Image search: [Google]
SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _052.jpg
120KB, 629x807px
>>
>>81045509
>Victorians on Mars

Oh fuck off Moffat.
>>
>>81045509
Mark Gatiss there, showing he doesn't have a shred of originality in his writing
>>
>>81045509
>Mark Gatiss basically pitched Tomb of the Cybermen with Ice Warriors
>"That's shit, and a premise done a million times before. How can we make it different?"
>Victorians instead of explorers

wut
>>
File: The Father Ted Doctor.jpg (328KB, 628x479px) Image search: [Google]
The Father Ted Doctor.jpg
328KB, 628x479px
>mfw Moffat makes Father Who canon
>>
>>81045676
Did they borrow the Big Finish story generator?

*spins the wheel*

*spins again*
ENEMY: ICE WARRIORS

*spins again*
CHARACTERS: VICTORIANS

*spins again*
CLASSIC SCRIPT TO REHASH: TOMB OF THE CYBERMEN

*spins again*
CAMEO / OBLIQUE REFERENCE: JAGO & LITEFOOT
>>
File: ;_;.png (21KB, 106x120px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
21KB, 106x120px
>>81045509
>it's a Mark Gatiss episode
>>
>>81045533
"I'd far rather nobody knew until the regeneration."

Surprise regen in ep12 confirmed.
>>
All those death-defying scrapes!
>>
>>81045834
They'll probably try and dupe us by cutting to someone mid-regeneration... then it turns out to be Missy
>>
>>81043411
>>81044441
Holy fuckerino. He's like a fine wine - improves with age.
>>
And a proper climax with a really big one at the end!
>>
He's a 'comin.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/thirteenth-doctor-to-be-announced-april-8-in-special-live-show-83604.htm
>>
FUCKING WHEN

https://youtu.be/GPAzfh6LYBg
>>
>>81046199
ITS REAL
HYPE HYPE HYPE!
>>
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/hayley-atwell-is-new-13th-doctor-favourite-83604.htm

Yessssssss
>>
>>81046225
(I miss River.)
>>
File: eyeroll.gif (1MB, 271x336px) Image search: [Google]
eyeroll.gif
1MB, 271x336px
>>81046199
>>81046226
>>
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/report-chiballt-leaving-doctor-who-peter-harness-new-showrunner-79586.htm

wew
>>
>>81046240
I FUCKING TOLD YOU

CHECK MY DIGITS
IT'LL BE HER
>>
>>81046301
FUCK
>>
OMG OMG OMG

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10221940/Hayley-Atwell-named-as-the-new-Doctor-Who.html
>>
>>81041160
"Life depends on change, and renewal"
>>
WHERE
IS
THE
SERIES
SOUND
TRACK
FUCKING
CUNTS
OVER
AT
THE
BBC
>>
ABBA were a Swedish band popular during at least the 1970s.

The Seventh Doctor sang a medley of ABBA songs while juggling to distract IMC troopers on Belial. (PROSE: Lucifer Rising)

The Tenth Doctor used his psychic paper at an ABBA concert to convince security that he and Donna Noble were Björn and Frida, two members of the band itself. (AUDIO: Dead Air)

When Ace was nine years old in 1979, she was given an ABBA record as a reward for being a brave girl when she went to the dentist. (PROSE: Tragedy Day)

Melanie Bush liked ABBA in her youth. (PROSE: Business Unusual) However, Peri Brown was not a fan. (PROSE: The Church of Football)

In college, Gwen Cooper found out a number of her boyfriends were interested in ABBA and other men. Connecting the two, she was thankful that Rhys Williams never liked the band. Conversely, Ianto Jones liked their music in general but hated the song "Dancing Queen". (PROSE: The Twilight Streets)

Jack Harkness remembered them winning the Eurovision Song Contest. (AUDIO: The Dead Line)

Tegan Jovanka sarcastically referred to the people of Isenfel as looking like they were having an ABBA tribute night due to their blond hair and blue eyes. (AUDIO: Equilibrium)

The Sixth Doctor's companion Flip Jackson never possessed a solid grasp of history and her only knowledge of the Battle of Waterloo on 18 June 1815 came from ABBA's song "Waterloo". Upon meeting Napoléon Bonaparte only hours before the battle was to take place, she told him of its outcome by quoting the song's opening lyric: "At Waterloo, Napoléon did surrender." (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
>>
>>81046341
ITS REAL!
>>
>>81043908
This would be pretty cool.
>12 dying
>Talking to Clala on the phonoe
>Deep Breath parallels
>12 regenerates after she finally tells him he was a good man
>Silence
>13 leaps up from the console
>Starts yelling like a madman at Clara
>Ashildr hears it, "who's that?" she says
>"is that the Doctor?"
>le more Deep Breath parallels
>"Sorry, pancakes, must dash!"
>Based 13 hangs up on Clara
>Fiddles with the TARDIS to change the desktop theme
>Collapses
>TARDIS is left hurling through the vortex, into the unknown
>Theme tune sting...

DOCTOR WHO WILL RETURN IN ABOUT 2 YEARS
>>
>>81046362
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/doctor-who-series-9-original/id992239238

ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _044.jpg (91KB, 629x807px) Image search: [Google]
SFX Issue 286 June 2017 _044.jpg
91KB, 629x807px
>>
>>81046465
The Mondas Cyberman story is going to be really dark and grim isnt it?
>>
File: weare.jpg (74KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
weare.jpg
74KB, 480x480px
So I've just finished my first ever Big Finish story.
It was quite nice.
I expected it to be a lot more worse for some reason, honestly.
>>
>>81046601
>I expected it to be a lot more worse for some reason, honestly.
Probably the cover.
>>
>>81046591
good.
>>
>>81046601
That is a really weird story to start on anon, what made you choose it?
>>
When Jenna Holds Your Hand, You Feel So Grand. Your Heart Starts Beating Like a BIG. BRASS. BRAND.

No Wonder That It's Jenna That We Loooooooooove!
>>
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-29/peter-capaldi-to-appear-on-the-graham-norton-show-to-discuss-his-decision-to-leave-doctor-who
>>
File: DeathInTheFamily.jpg (413KB, 1542x1533px) Image search: [Google]
DeathInTheFamily.jpg
413KB, 1542x1533px
Nearly finished DC4, gonna start McGann Main Range and then want to start Death in the Family.
Just to check, to be ready for Death in the Family it's 6/Evelyn and 7/Ace/Hex stories right?
>>
>>81046689
I just randomly picked one, I didnt even see the cover, lel.
>>
BBC going private in two days
>>
>>81046799
13 might be revealed
>>
>>81046834
I'd do EDAs now if i were you anon the first series is shite so only listen to Blood of the Daleks and Human Resources as they are good and GOAT respectively
>>
>>81046225
It makes no sense, why buy the music rights and then do absolutely nothing?
>>
File: 1484678146931.gif (468KB, 219x164px) Image search: [Google]
1484678146931.gif
468KB, 219x164px
>>81046883
what does this mean exactly?

explain it like I'm retarded and haven't touched a real tv in over 8 years
>>
>>81046931
they only bought the rights to use it on film and tv shows
silva screen still has the rights to do osts but isn't releasing it for whatever reason
>>
https://twitter.com/claytonhickman/status/847115787890556928

Hickman is onto us. Abort. Abort.
>>
>>81045144
There's, what, one reference to Ten leaving in Planet Of The Ood?
>>
>>81046964
idunno either. that's what edward russell said though.

>Just to clarify my previous tweet, from 1 April, BBC studios is a separate, independent company outside of public service. It'll be strange.

>in honesty, people haven't really taken it in that the BBC will be totally changed from the 1st. I'll no longer be an employee.

>no. Drama, Entertainment and Factual are no longer part of the BBC. However, the word "BBC" is in the new company's name.

>I'm surprised that lots of people don't realise that half the BBC is going private in two days.
>>
https://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/reality-tv/doctor-who-spoilers-phoebe-waller-bridge-replacing-peter-capaldi/

IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>81047040
wtf this one's actually real?
>>
>>81047069
its real
but
literally WHO is this though
>>
>>81047040
holy shit its actually real

TOP KEK

female doctor confirmed
>>
>>81047028
Fucking Tory bastards.
>>
File: basil lungbarrow.jpg (162KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
basil lungbarrow.jpg
162KB, 500x750px
>>81045684
>mfw Moffat makes Fawlty Who canon
>>
>>81046964
Basically: at present the BBC is owned by the people of Great Britain. Any 'profits' are used to make more BBC TV shows, instead of disappearing into tax havens in the Cayman Isles.

If it's sold, it will be owned by Rupert Murdoch.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-13-17h01m44s511.png (416KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-13-17h01m44s511.png
416KB, 1920x1090px
>>81047040
>haha weak bait
>click anyway
>IT'S REAL
>>
>>81046833
>Just to check, to be ready for Death in the Family it's 6/Evelyn and 7/Ace/Hex stories right?
Yea. Especially the "Project" trilogy and Hall's story from Forty-Five.
>>
>>81047095
>>81047069
>>81047151
>>81047099
Dont you get tired shitposting?
>>
>>81047112
does this have to do with brexit? i can't find any articles about bbc going private.
>>
File: clara sad watersports.gif (482KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
clara sad watersports.gif
482KB, 500x275px
>>81047187
>>
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-29/phoebe-waller-bridge-be-the-next-doctor-who-star

HOLY FUCK
>>
>>81047040
>Russell Tovey, 25/1
>Sheridan Smith, 66/1
>Catherine Tate, 66/1
>James Corden, 66/1
Did the bookies just google "people vaguely related to Doctor Who" and assign numbers?
>>
>>81047248
This link is not real.
>>
New thread:
>>81047352
>>81047352
>>81047352
>>
>>81047363
kek
>>
>>81047192
No, nothing to do with Brexit. The BBC has been gradually going 'private' for years.

Anon above is probly right. Rupert Murdoch will not own it immediately, but will eventually.

That's corporatism!
>>
>>81047028
>>81047123
I still don't really understand whats going on, I'm guessing but I feel like we are seeing the start of the well deserved decline of BBC, this move will probably allow some of the better tv shows to get the courage to find other platforms to broadcast on
>>
>>81047438
while increasing the amount of sided propaganda as it has more lax control
>>
>>81047363
Well that thread is going to be a mess of shitposting as drive-byers see the OP pic and decide we need to hear their two cents
>>
>>81046891
no
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.