[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BvS Anniversary Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 45

File: IMG_0289.jpg (42KB, 675x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0289.jpg
42KB, 675x281px
Continuing from >>80714920 #

I seldom make threads, but today, I feel compelled to, mainly because I said I'd share all this.
>>
>>80716512
That's a small resolution. What is it?
>>
>>80716512
BvS is a bad movie, why are so many people coming out of the woodwork to praise it as a misunderstood classic?
>>
man that thread waiting for the RT scores and watching how low it will go was really entertaining
>>
File: IMG_0290.jpg (488KB, 1527x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
488KB, 1527x1367px
>>80716512

Full set so far:

>>80713921
>>80714411
>>80714920
>>80715419

One of the first people to grasp the future impact Clark would have on the world was his foster father, Jonathan Kent. He is also the first character I've ever seen utilized in the manner depicted in Man of Steel, where his scenes all revolve around the gradual revelation of hidden wisdom, but are also structured in such a way as to elicit an emotional response from the audience that echoes the psychological landscape of a developing child.

If anyone can point out similar examples of this in film, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd be far more hesitant to either express this or believe this was intended were it not for the fact that it fits so well not only with the character, but also other deftly executed uses of allegorical figures within the films, but more on that in future posts.
>>
>>80716551
It's the skull fragment they call the Codex.
>>
>>80716586
Its a meme. A forced meme.

Also, and due to /tv/'s contrarian nature, as well as the dominance of the MCU in current popular culture, ti would make sense that /tv/ would try to push BvS, and the DCEU, as some minsunderstood kino.

Honestly, if any current capeshit movie should be pushed as kino, it should be Logan.
>>
>>80717353
>Honestly, if any current capeshit movie should be pushed as kino, it should be Logan.

This, Deadpool did Reddit better than Marvel and Logan did kino better than DC.
>>
File: Superman Flood Rescue.jpg (40KB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Flood Rescue.jpg
40KB, 1280x533px
>>80716949
Jonathan understands what knowledge of Clark's existence will have on mankind. It's present from his very first scene, where he hears a woman refer to something his adopted son has done as an "act of God."

Clark believes that his father didn't want him risking exposure solely because he didn't believe the world was ready for a Superman, but ultimately, that's proven to be only half the truth. Jonathan knew that the world's reaction to his son was nowhere near as important as his son's reaction *to* that reaction. The world isn't ready for Superman. The world never *can* be ready, but Superman can be given time to be ready for the world. As such, that's the man the Kents are trying to raise - a man who makes his own choices and doesn't think of himself as different or above anyone else.

Much has been made of the scene where Jonathan suggests that maybe Clark shouldn't have saved his classmates, but the fact of the matter is not only does that suggestion take into account more factors than just the here and now, we, the audience know he didn't even need to save them in the first place.

In that flashback, we're shown the bus driver opening the door before the bus even hits the water. All Clark really had to do was just shepherd those kids to safety, but he panicked, he overreacted, did more than he even had to do, and it ended up getting interpreted as some sort of miracle.

That scene serves as an almost perfect foreshadowing of the events depicted in BvS, where the whole world is panicking, Superman is panicking right along with it, and his actions are increasingly being interpreted as the acts of a god.
>>
One of the greatest films ever made
>>
>>80717353
>Honestly, if any current capeshit movie should be pushed as kino, it should be Logan.
>the movie which falls apart as soon as Xavier dies
Superman's death (even though I know he will return) left more impact to me than forced Logan's.
Logan is a good movie, but it's too underwhelming to be a kinĂ³.
>>
>>80717353
>It's a meme. A forced meme.
Or maybe other people just have different opinions about it than you do, anon. Ever think about that?
>>
File: BvS-2.jpg (188KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
BvS-2.jpg
188KB, 1500x844px
>>80716512
*blocks your path*
>>
File: SuperSolar.jpg (35KB, 634x407px) Image search: [Google]
SuperSolar.jpg
35KB, 634x407px
>>80717950
When the Kryptonians arrive on Earth, mankind's first experience of them is in a broadcast from Zod, wherein he commandeers all communications, speaking across the entirety of the planet in every language spoken, an impressive display of Kryptonian tech and unquestionably a display of power.

Mankind is ever eager to see the divine, though, and as Arthur C. Clarke once famously said (I paraphrase), "any sufficiently advanced technology would have the appearance of magic." Zod, in that moment, becomes a "voice from the heavens speaking in divers tongues." Clark, the earthbound Kryptonian, starts being seen by those he interacts with in passing as a representative of that otherworldly power.

His scene with the priest serves as a primer of sorts for the imagery that follows. The priest looks at him and sees a godly figure, a savior, later still we see Jor-El's digital "ghost" look on him and see the same, this the shade of the same man who once said, "He'll be a god to them." Here he is, the man of science, unable to look at his own son and what Earth's environment has made of him and not see a god himself.

Over the course of both films, we see Clark repeatedly shown as various types of deities - saviors, sky gods, and sun gods, all signs of how eager we are to sanctify him, to make him sacred.
>>
>>80718045
No it's not

>Leaves out backstory of how Robin died
>How did Wayne Manor get burnt?
>Where is the Joker during the events of the movie?
>Badly edited Martha revelation scene
>So much content crammed into 1 movie

Can you stop calling BvS a "masterpiece" because it is not at all.
>>
>>80718773
I can't tell if this is copypasta or you're being intentionally stupid. Not hung out on /tv/ for a bit.
>>
File: Zod.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zod.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>80718390
Zod has come to earth seeking the Codex.

"Why does he even need it?" One might ask, and that would be a perfectly logical question. Unfortunately, you'd be applying that perfect logic to an irrational zealot. The truth is that Zod only needs the Codex for one reason - to recreate Krypton and to continue his "religion." Zod could embrace a joint future with humanity, he could move on to some uninhabited world, but neither of those things interest him because they fall short of his stated goal - to "rebuild" Krypton.

When you're operating at the level of technology at Zod's disposal, the word "rebuild" takes on whole new, terrifying implications.

Zod needs more than a planet with an active core. Zod needs more than the natural electromagnetic shield that accompanies it. He needs more than just water. He needs all those things and one thing more to "rebuild,"

He needs biomass.

Sound horrible? Not to Zod it doesn't. That's why he has no qualms about showing Clark a vision filled with the bones of humanity. There's no horror in that for him, just the glorious resurrection of his culture and vanished people. To him, we just don't live in squalor, we are part of it. Why? Because we are not part of the divine plan. We have no place in his book. The Codex has no use for us save as fodder. The same holds true for Clark, actually, the casteless, purposeless child born of heresy,

Yetwithal, Zod retains a degree of nobility and is, in the end, a tragic villain, simply a product of a system he can not and will not look beyond. With his dreams of a resurrected Krypton forever beyond his reach, he forces Kal to give him the death he so surely craves.
>>
>>80717353
Or maybe just maybe people have differing taste
>>
Every line of dialogue is some kind of metaphor. It givesthe whole film a dreamlike quality. These arent characters, they are avatars to this strange mirrored version of our world. Zack and Terrio really went fucking nuts on the script
>>
File: Batman - First Responder.png (942KB, 1440x589px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - First Responder.png
942KB, 1440x589px
>>80718861
It's this particular angle on Zod and his extremist views that are further expanded upon in BvS.

In the opening, we're treated to a dream of Bruce's. no doubt a recurring dream he has of his parents' deaths and a highly symbolic depiction of his choice of taking up his crusade as a masked vigilante. He refers to the light at the end of that dream as "a beautiful lie." While never outright stated, that "lie" is hope, in the case of Bruce Wayne, a very specific hope - that vengeance can bring him peace.

This scene is immediately followed by a depiction of the events at the close of MoS, the Battle of Metropolis, from Bruce's perspective. From his point of view, it's his parents' death writ large, a trauma to echo the one that formed him, as he watches more of his "family" die.

The parallels between this depiction and the events of 911 are all but impossible to miss.
>>
File: 1464645483537.jpg (1MB, 4601x2365px) Image search: [Google]
1464645483537.jpg
1MB, 4601x2365px
All these shills. mfw 27%
>>
>>80719345
People hate what they don't understand.
>>
File: original.jpg (147KB, 1600x1017px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
147KB, 1600x1017px
>>80719345
>0%
>>
>>80716512
I just want to express how honoured I am to live in this time where I get to experience Snyder's blockbuster art-film masterpiece, unhindered
It's truly marvelous

this isn't a meme-post
>>
File: 1476303268853.jpg (776KB, 2366x1904px) Image search: [Google]
1476303268853.jpg
776KB, 2366x1904px
>A reading from the Acts of Man of Steel
>Scene 2:13: Selected passages

>3 And I heard a loud voice from the cinema saying, "Look! Snyder's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and Snyder himself will be with them and be their saviour.

>4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more repetitive or safe or cheap comedy or quips, for the old order of Marvel movies has passed away."

>13 And so they hated him, and persecuted him. The critics crucified him and threw rotten tomatoes at him.

>14 But he persevered and gained strength from the audience, and so we will persevere.

>15 And he stands by the right side of the spirit of Kino, and draws inspiration from it, and so will his followers.

>22 During the filming of the port battle at Batman v Superman, Snyder was found wandering along the port.

>23 In one of such instances he walked on water while carrying an IMAX camera on one hand, which greatly terrified his cast and crew at that time.

>24 Affleck, out of fear, shouted "Snyder, if it is you, tell me to come to the water!"

>25 "Come". Snyder said.

>26 Affleck stepped on the water and walked for a few feet but then sank. He cried out "Snyder, hast thou forsaken me? Save me, oh dear brother!"

>27 Immediately Snyder reached out his hand and caught him.

>28 Snyder exclaimed, "Bin Muhammad Afflecki, why did you doubt?"

>29 And so the heretic one vowed to spread the word.
>>
File: Batman - Kicking Ass.webm (2MB, 520x220px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Kicking Ass.webm
2MB, 520x220px
>>80719255
And here is the bait and switch,

Everyone went into BvS expecting it to lift beats from The Dark Knight Returns. No one, including myself, expected it instead to take the concept of an allegorical tale(very much an element of TDKR) and expand it across two(most likely three) entire films.

In TDKR, the characters of Batman and Superman are used as stand-ins for opposing ideologies within American society - one already compromised and one uncompromising. In it, Bruce represents the adherents of older values and ideals concerning morality and Clark represents what Miller saw as the compromised ideals of America of the 70s and 80s.

Superman is the villain. He's a bit out of character, maiming Green Arrow, fighting America's dirty little wars, and sucking rain forests dry while preaching aloud how he's too important to the planet to die, that he's needed too much. Fans of the character recognized this to greater and lesser degrees at the time, and I was one of them. The lesson in the tale comes in the tension between what we're shown and what we expect. We don't expect our hero to act in such a manner. He stops being a hero when he acts that way. So does the society he's representing.

This exact same thing is done with Bruce Wayne over the course of BvS. He's shown being cavalier about death, he's shown branding "undesirables" and turning a blind eye to their fates. he's shown justifying what is essentially cold-blooded, premeditated murder as a sort of "preemptive self-defense" against an opponent based solely on his alien nature and what he might one day conceivably do.

He's the post-911 West. He quotes Cheney, for God's sake. He's not the hero, he's not supposed to be *seen* as the hero, but much like the West, even at his most villainous, there's still something awesome about watching him kick a little ass.
>>
I love DC
>>
DChads only
Quipseekers leave

Best line from the movie?

>they were hunters
>>
File: Lex - Caught.jpg (118KB, 1427x803px) Image search: [Google]
Lex - Caught.jpg
118KB, 1427x803px
>>80719944
The next big player on the set is Lex Luthor, a character that has subtly morphed over the course of his long, villainous comics life. Essentially, Lex is always what we fear and hate about ourselves, a representative of our own base nature that Superman protects us from. He's been a mad scientist wielding Doomsday Weapons, an amoral, smarmy conman with delusions of grandeur, a corporate fatcat and powerbroker, and in his latest incarnation, the tech mogul that knows all our secrets.

In truth, this Lex has elements of all that has come before him. Tellingly, he frequently refers to the father whose name he shares. I wholeheartedly believe that one big reason this is done is to draw a direct connection between this faux-quirky, "tech geek" Lex and the more coldly sociopathic Lex we'd all become accustomed to. The message is: don't buy the smokescreen. It's the same old corporate psychopath.

And this time around, he's the stand-in for that old boogeyman of Truman's - he is the military-industrial complex. On the one hand, he's supplying "security forces" to African warlords, on the other, he's providing drones to the CIA, and he's doing it all with a Russian merc as his right-hand man, He doesn't care about borders or politics or right and wrong. He cares about lining his wallet, and if he can engineer events where he comes out looking like a saint in the process, all the better.

He understands that perception can trump reality. He understands that better than anyone, and he takes full advantage of Clark's reluctance to fully embrace his role in the world and publicly define himself and what he believes in.

Lex wants to save the world, even if it's by proxy, even if it's from a threat he has to manufacture himself, and when all else fails, he's still not above getting waste-deep in the oil and making a deal with the actual Devil.
>>
>>80716512
i honestly dont get how people arent tired of such a tired and dull franchise.
>>
File: ManofSteel_25.jpg (59KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
ManofSteel_25.jpg
59KB, 620x465px
>>80720690
And that brings us to the last major player on the stage - Superman himself.

I struggled with this one for a while, but it finally became clear to me courtesy of a line from Bruce Wayne. Clark is "the alien with the power to burn it all down."

Clark represents the Nuclear East, the alien cultures we don't understand well and that we fear a bit as a consequence. From my analysis, that means quite literally all of them. That "holy book" in his bones? It has elements of all the Eastern religions in it - genealogy, prophecy, fate, even a caste system, but let us not forget that it's also enshrined science and population control, so there's a hint of China there as well. More so than anything else, though, he appears intended to represent what we view as Nuclear Islam. At the end of the day, he is most certainly what the West identifies as "the alien."

Throughout the film he's presented as reluctant to address the things being said about him in the press, he keeps finding himself in the center of atrocities, and he plays right into them with his silence.

And here's the hint of the better world: one where the East takes up the spear in earnest and starts slaying some of the monsters born of its own cultures, regardless of how much the meddling of the m-i complex helped birth them.

Only in coming to realize that we all share the same mother, share the same world, can we ever hope to be rid of those who'll drag out the corpses of our old foes and prop them back up again as a new threat.
>>
>>80719944
Batman beging completely brutal. It's beautiful
>>
>>80717353
t. pleb
>>
File: 1462315924163-1.jpg (57KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1462315924163-1.jpg
57KB, 500x334px
>>80719345
I like following trends too, anon. They make me feel like I'm a part of something. Like I have friends. They help me forget about the loneliness. One of my favourite things to do when someone insults me or says that they don't care about superhero movies is to hit caps lock and type 'DCuck' or 'YOU'RE MAD'. For that one, brief moment, I forget I'm me. I forget that I don't have any friends. That I don't have a girlfriend. That no one would really care if I died. That I'm wasting my youth hanging onto the coattails of a company that I have nothing to do with. I can pretend I've accomplished something, and cling to the success of an industry that would not be affected one iota if I set myself on fire and jumped off of a bridge. That's the power of Marvel. That's the magic of Disney. I'm cold.
>>
>>80721313
The women of BvS.

This one was easy.

Mercy, Duh.
Senator Finch: Reason.
>Both of which Lex murders.

Diana - the world of the past.
Lois - the world of the future.
Martha - the nurturing world that is.

A note on Amy Adams: I've heard more than one person say that she looks too old to play Lois against Cavill's Superman, and while I don't necessarily agree, it's still obvious that she's a good deal older than him. I expect her to appear a good deal different in her next appearance, as she represents his world, and his world has been made new.

Predictions:
Darkseid's forces will seek the Codex to mass-produce brainwashed Kryptonian soldiers.

Superman will either be possessed or impersonated. He will in some way have to struggle to regain control of his identity and as a consequence, step up and unequivocally state who he is and what he believes in.

Bruce will pass on the mantle, possibly die.

Lex will double-cross Darkseid's forces, possibly even come out of it empowered in some way. (They're just another path to power as far as he's concerned.)

Lois will look a lot younger, and maybe even dye her hair black. "I just felt like it was time for a change,"
>>
>>80720319
Fucking right?

Serious chills.
>>
File: Batman - Training.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Training.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>80718773
Just for you.

Bruce is branding people in the same area of his body where he also bears some wicked scars.That speaks volumes to his inner landscape.
>>
File: Batman - Brand.jpg (18KB, 572x322px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Brand.jpg
18KB, 572x322px
>>80722353
And who is it that he's branding? The guys he(and pretty much everyone else) looks at as being past redemption - the child molesters and human traffickers.

The fact that he's branding them in the same area where he's also heavily scarred is classic projection. In other words, he also sees himself as being past the point of redemption.
>>
File: Batman - Manbat.png (814KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Manbat.png
814KB, 2048x1536px
>>80722526
In one of his Knightmares, a bat(Man-Bat) creature erupts from his mother's tomb and bites him in exactly that same spot.

Symbolism: he associates that scar with his obsession with vengeance.
>>
>>80722611
Conclusion: unconsciously, he blames his obsession for his fall. His fall occurred when he let his vengeance consume him and he killed for the first time.

The only thing we don't yet know for absolute certainty is whether it was the Joker he killed or his own corrupted partner. My money's on the former, and odds are it all went down in a burning Wayne Manor.
>>
>>80722724
Why doesn't he brand Luthor when he gets the chance? Simple: he doesn't see Luthor as being past redemption, because at that point, Bruce has himself been redeemed.
>>
File: lois.jpg (156KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
lois.jpg
156KB, 3840x2160px
WHY DID SNYDER CAST A REDHEAD AS LOIS LANE

TELL ME

AAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>80723378
>>80721922

Quite possibly so she can change.
>>
File: erm.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
erm.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>80718773
>So much content crammed into 1 movie
>Still complains that there wasn't more

???
>>
File: bvs interpretations3.jpg (3MB, 1746x4245px) Image search: [Google]
bvs interpretations3.jpg
3MB, 1746x4245px
>mfw people have literally written whole essays on this movie
>>
I love this film so much. Rewatching it on a fairly consistent basis .Always discover something new. Subtle touches in pretty much every scene.
>>
File: bvs-punch.jpg (274KB, 900x1290px) Image search: [Google]
bvs-punch.jpg
274KB, 900x1290px
Does anyone have that article of BvS as a Greek Tragedy?
>>
>>80723964
Bumpus
>>
>>80724302
>>80723964
Found it

http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
>>
>>80723964

>No 1 arm Green Arrow to throw that arrow against Supes

feels bad man
>>
File: 1459717603913.jpg (284KB, 2048x817px) Image search: [Google]
1459717603913.jpg
284KB, 2048x817px
>>80723964
I really like the concept art of this movie.
>>
File: superwiiiiiii.webm (2MB, 520x220px) Image search: [Google]
superwiiiiiii.webm
2MB, 520x220px
>>80724555
>>
>>80724555
>drawing power armor without a cape
fucking heresy
>>
File: rjozkm2olmtx.jpg (223KB, 1370x2048px) Image search: [Google]
rjozkm2olmtx.jpg
223KB, 1370x2048px
>>80724591
>>
File: 1459717826548.jpg (238KB, 2048x830px) Image search: [Google]
1459717826548.jpg
238KB, 2048x830px
>>80724641
Looks kind of cool though.
>>
File: 1467139627902.jpg (264KB, 2556x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1467139627902.jpg
264KB, 2556x1062px
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-20-15h54m46s241.jpg (186KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-20-15h54m46s241.jpg
186KB, 1920x802px
>>80724688
>>80724591
This fucking scene
>>
>>80718773

I fucking HOPE TO HELL Batman kills Joker in a brutal way, where Joker is actually terrified and not just going "hahaha", so the shitty Jared Leto as "gangsta J" doesn't ruin the fucking Batman franchise with the best Bman since Michael Keaton.
>>
>>80727495
It was so jarring going from BvS to Suicide Squad. Like they weren't in the same Universe at all. I wish BvS was kept as its own thing. Snyder should remain sole director of this franchise as to ensure consistency and quality..
>>
File: 1488005568577.jpg (313KB, 612x716px) Image search: [Google]
1488005568577.jpg
313KB, 612x716px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpod4qQzO7Q

i know it's not BvS but why do alot of people hate this scene.
i thought it was great
>>
>>80727495
God that was cringe to read, neck yourself quick
>>
>>80728123
Man of Steel is great. People are finally coming around on it.
>>
>>80728011
Why, because people had different personalities? Are you retarded? Do you think a swamp thing comic "feels" like a teen titans comic? It's a fictional world full of all types of genres and realms where campy co exist with grit. Each movie shouldn't feel the same
>>
>>80719585
Lol what?
>>
>>80728123
Like most everything hated in MoS, it's the result of deliberate mental gymnastics by a specific group of people meant to undermine the film as whole.

That scene is great and the inner struggle of Superman is better portrayed in MoS than any other Superman film prior to that.
>>
File: DCEU-actors.png (1MB, 656x1883px) Image search: [Google]
DCEU-actors.png
1MB, 656x1883px
>>80716512
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>80724688
This is my favourite shot of the movie.
>>
>>80728123
By itself, it's fine and conveys what it's meant to...but then you remember how much of the city they wrecked getting to that point. It's one of those things where the writers need the audience to assume that, because a character isn't shown deliberately inflicting a casualty, it doesn't happen. This triggers the autist because, realistically, their fight had an almost definite possibility of killing innocents. The logic Superman's character applies in killing Zod then would have been valid earlier in the movie.
>>
bvs lol
>>
>>80720319
"It's true what they say about little boys, born without the natural inclination to share."
>>
>>80719255
How did he know he'd survive running into the debris?
>>
>>80723790
It's like when you start to fap, and then try to stop. It would have been better to not fap at all. Understand now?
>>
File: it's cherry.gif (2MB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
it's cherry.gif
2MB, 245x150px
>>80716512

I WANT TO CUDDLE JESSE!
>>
>>80717353
Logan is literally just Shane re-made
>>
>>80732218
Because he is batman and he figured the risk is worth saving people
>>
>>80729164
Except, it's more about how Superman killed off the only other Kryptonian. Listen to the music played after he snaps his neck, it's ambient space-esque to show how he's an alien and now all alone, potentially in the whole universe.
>>
>>80729164
what do you mean, if anything the destruction made Zod's death more understandable.

Also they DO show us the entire Daily Planet crew running away from the wreckage and people being hurt/caught in it.
>>
File: 1dwe1i.jpg (61KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1dwe1i.jpg
61KB, 620x465px
>>80716586
>>80730660

It's a two-part forced meme.
Some autistic kid on Reddit made a thread about how BvS was the best comic book movie ever made and used some pretentious wording to try sounding smarter than what he was.

It backfired on him and he got laughed at for misusing the word 'kino' the sa, then started framing the discussion around how snyder's filming style is all about making the best cinematic pictures that makes Marvel's "Obsolete", and people slammed him for nearly 2 days straight about how making a picture in a motion picture is more than making a goddamn single-shot shout-out.
>>
>>80716512
bump, really enjoying this anon
>>
>>80733757
or, you know, people have different tastes than you

also

>is more than making a goddamn single-shot shout-out.

Its like you dont even read any of the analysis. Nothing in this thread is about a single shot shout out.
>>
File: 1481985086885.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481985086885.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>more and more people are learning to love BvS every day
>>
>>80733809
> unable to read context.
All of the original obvious faux praise threads that popped up on /tv/ were done to mock the redditor that made a fool of himself back in 201. A lot of people that still shitpost in general don't even recall the origin and just do it for shits and giggles, which is what makes it a forced meme.

They do it because they think it's funny, but don't even know why.
>>
>>80733851
I just hopped on the train desu

I still like marvel though
>>
>>80734128
Nah, I posted praise of it the night of release and it was genuine. Nice job being paranoid and autistic though.

>no one can actually like this movie!! Its all ironic!!!

keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>80734168
I like some marvel movies myself, but I definitely prefer BvS and MoS. But both types of movies have their place. Marvel movies are much easier to watch stoned, but if I'm in the mood for BvS I enjoy it much more.
>>
>>80733851
I'm the biggest MoS fan I know. I never anticipated something as much as BvS ever. I googled everything I could literally for 2 straight years before the movie came out.

And even the first time I watched it in IMAX I was underwhelmed. I saw it opening night in a packed theater, as I imagine almost everyone did who gave their opinion on it. But it is not that type of movie. You need to watch it alone, or when youre really introspective when viewing it.

It's seriously a life changer when you 'get' the movie. Because it all unfolds in front of you and confirms everything you're thinking as it plays out.
>>
>>80716512
How will they resurrect Superman in JL tho?

Also its strange how we still talk about BvS after all this time..
>>
>>80735057
They don't need to do anything superman is still alive
>>
BvS was pretty good.
>>
>>80733851
>more and more of his hair is leaving every single day.
>>
>>80734998
honestly this
>>
>>80735057
he'll probably come back in the third act
>>
>>80718051
No it didnt
>>
File: JvllFAm.gif (994KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
JvllFAm.gif
994KB, 500x250px
>>80734188

>Putting words in my mouth.
>Reframing context.
>Never attacked or maligned the film or it's fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUW8btP3jkc
Some people can enjoy it, but you can stop forcing the discussion to fit your intent any time you like, because I never did anything in this thread so far but inform where the forced meme originated from.

So far as I'm concerned, you're being paranoid for mis-interpreting my intent. I never once implied, inferred or insinuated anything about whatever shadow you're jumping at unless you were that one redditor kid that got mocked into oblivion. Seriously, confusing shot composition with color grading and then going on to claim that Snyder's filming style is the same as Nolan's is a rookie move after 8 paragraphs of pretentious bullshit. Of course nobody's going to take you seriously if you don't know wtf you're talking about.
>>
>>80736113
>making up arguments to argue against

sad
>>
>>80736003
Why would you speak for that anon? Superman's death had a greater impact on me too.
>>
>>80728378
>Each movie shouldn't feel the same
They also should not interconnect. Having art kino characters in your reddit normie movie is jarring. Like if Sean Penn's character in The Tree Of Life made a sudden cameo in the latest Hulk flick.

Cinematic universes were a mistake.
>>
>>80736526
I disagree, I love having different tones in different movies. Just like my comics. Expand your mind and dont be so autistic.
>>
>>80733851
Why is he so cute bros?
>>
>>80736842
because he is a pure waifu that would rather play WoW than cheat on you
>>
>>80736842
Umm... he's not
>>
Holy shit, a year ALREADY? Where does time go? This is gonna be a tough one for me.. The thrill of seeing BvS on imax for the first time, then 2 weeks later i had sex with a girl i thought was my soulmate.. And then she ripped my heart in 2 a few weeks after that. It wrecked me for the whole rest of the year. My only solace was when i bought BvS on blu ray in the summer.
>>
>>80737063
he is though, stop being so triggered at other people's opinions
>>
>>80737080
that sucks man, where you at now with all your stuff?
>>
>>80736810
Different tones in different movies is fine. Making those different tones interact with each other is not so good.
>>
>>80736409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k98mh8yCHMM
How does that even work?
Was this supposed to be one of those things where you delete a post and make me look like I started an argument?

You first started an argument with me for no valid reason.>>80733809

I never said anything about people not being allowed to have different tastes.

I responded >>80734128
and now you're saying I started an argument with you in the same thread where you started it here >>80733809.

Okay, I'm not sure if you understand how this works, but implying you didn't start the argument by saying I came at you with this >>80733809 when that's your post and you yourself made up that argument against me... then claiming I did it is not exactly helping you.

Anybody with basic reading comprehension can follow our discussion and you didn't even delete your post to make me look like I started it.
>>
>>80737146

Busy and kind of shitty, but starting to date a new girl. i'm on the fence about how i feel about her though.
>>
>>80737217
thats your opinion, I have mine. Read more comics, cause they do it all the time and it works fine. To say something never works is, frankly, small minded and uncreative.
>>
>>80737222
you start by complaining about something some redditor said way back instead of the actual content of this thread. Stop being so autistic.
>>
>>80737226
that sucks man, but at least you seem to be coming back from from the slump. stay strong and positive.
>>
>>80737570

Thanks anon
>>
File: 1489962903725.jpg (69KB, 640x486px) Image search: [Google]
1489962903725.jpg
69KB, 640x486px
>>80737530
>"you start by complaining"
What kind of circular logic bs is this? Since when does informing equal complaining? One anon asked a question, I answered him and you come oozing out of left field and try to revise how people view my tone and the context of it.

You're doing a weak job and hiding behind buzzwords because you don't stand a chance of having an argument of any sort. Maybe next time, just quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>80738320
>waaaaah I wasn't complaining waaaaaah, I wasn't making up bullshit at all, everything I said was 100% factual!

jesus christ your autism is astounding, and there isnt even an argument to be had other than you projecting your thoughts from some autistic redditor onto this thread
>>
>>80722724
wow

its such a shame Snyder will never be able to expand on this because of the poor reception...
>>
>>80723936
I like that the timing of the opening perfectly matches with the ending fight in MoS.

>>80736113
I still don't know what compelled him to whine for three days straight and get shadowbanned.
>>
>>80733757
The legit /tv/ equivalent of "I recognize that bulge."
>>
>>80732857
Not it's not. Have you even seen Shane, you fucking pleb? It simply follows the structure of a western. You might as well say it is Outlaw Josey Wales remade.
>>
File: shit movie.png (291KB, 816x607px) Image search: [Google]
shit movie.png
291KB, 816x607px
defend this
>>
>>80717353
Logan is only good in context, because it's Hugh Jackman's swan song as Wolverine, am emtire generation grew up with him. It has good performances from Hugh and Patrick Stewart, but take the context away and it's just a fun albeit mediocre action flick, full of plot holes and boring characters except for Wolverine and the professor.
Why do you think it's already been forgotten only three weeks after it's release? Maybe in the hands of another director it could have been better but Mangold is a mediocrity.
>>
>>80717790
Deadpool was just a horrible film. Logan, as much as I enjoyed and was impressed with the first half, went down the shitter like an apple fritter -- like it bombed really hard, making the movie a 4.5/10 for me.
>>
>>80739661
>last of his kind, the last cowboy
>leads a bunch of kids
>even has a main kid that takes after him
>they even show Shane IN the movie
>even quote it at the end

goddamn you are one retarded mother fucker
>>
>>80739833
The numbers that matter are on the right.
Still hard to defend.
>>
>>80740736
Those same idiots say The Dark Knight Rises is a 4.3/5.
>>
>>80740793
Do you trust the 300 people who say it was dogshit or the 200,000 who say it was all right.

The numbers that matter are on the right
>>
>>80741489
For it to get more than 3 stars they had to say it was more than "alright". I don't trust them at all and neither should you.
>>
How come BvS is still talked about a year after while Marvels are forgotten about in less than a week?
>>
BvS saved cape movies
>>
File: 1457553247586.png (189KB, 317x334px) Image search: [Google]
1457553247586.png
189KB, 317x334px
>A small group of contrarian faggots who have seen nothing but action movies keep getting together to post other posts from previous threads they've had about how smart their turd of a movie is and how everyone else is just really dumb for not getting it

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>80743027
>how come people still make fun of this shitty movie after a year?
>>
>>80743202
>Contrarian
>Made almost a billion in box-office and second-most sold DVD of 2016 after Star Wars
>Contrarian
Dumb marlels with their narratives
>>
>>80743282
>And still regarded as a turd by all the people who went to see it

Yeah, you guys are contrarians.

What the fuck is a "marlel"?
>>
>>80743323
He's still doing it.

He spends hours shit talking a movie he didn't like but other people did

This is the mental illness of marlels
>>
File: christhebrandedthem.png (415KB, 687x517px) Image search: [Google]
christhebrandedthem.png
415KB, 687x517px
>>80716512
Jesus Christ, he branded them!
>>
>>80743419
>Hours
>Three posts

Interesting.
>>
Can we stop shitposting for a moment and answer the following:

Would you actually recommend these films to me, someone who quite liked Watchmen but has hated most other Snyder films? Where on the scale from "Sucker Punch" to "Watchmen" does it lie in terms of quality?
>>
>>80733057
He's clutching Lois by the end of the scene. He's not "alone" in a literal sense, and a good deal of the movie is Supes resolving that growing up on Earth makes him both and neither Kryptonian or Earthling. I think you're interpretation is too nuanced. Zod could be any sort of super being, present that sadistic choice, and work in that context.

>>80733171
It's the idea that if Supes was ultimately willing to kill rather than subdue, why wait until Zod is trying to laser-eye someone 20 feet away? It's a matter of drama v. realism. People who want to enjoy the movie can overlook that. Contrarians won't accept "it's better storytelling" and nerdrage about it.
>>
>>80743545
BvS is Snyder's magnum opus. It is far beyond anything he's previously done and what he probably ever will do in the future.
>>
File: bvs34r53.jpg (221KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
bvs34r53.jpg
221KB, 3840x2160px
>>80743545
Made me give a care about Batman again. As someone who didn't like TDK trilogy at all I recommend BvS. Yeah it's the most similar movie to Watchmen he's made.
>>
>>80743603
>>80743722
Please like my movie! Pleeeeeease!
>>
>>80743778
See
>>80743419
>>
>>80743799
>if you hate film's most expensive abortion then you must be a marvel shill
If you retards made hourly Thor 2 ist KINO threads I would shit on you in there too.
>>
>>80743852
Look

He's still doing it

The marlel mental illness manifest

He posts in these threads hours on end to say he didn't like it

Hours on end, going on for several months making the same posts

Truly the face of marlel mental illness.
>>
>>80743997
Look

He's still doing it

The DCuck mental illness manifest

He posts in these threads hours on end to say he doesn't like criticism

Hours on end, going on for several months making the same "marvel shill marlel ur a paki pajeet" posts

Truly the face of DCuck mental illness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3GEIjE-D0
>>
>>80718165
I'd be scared shitless
>>
>>80744135
I am sure you would be my little poo buddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJQesXbbBS8
>>
>>80744076
He did. He ousted himself eventually. Marvel's paid goons are predictable and ever present. Just call them out and watch as they recoil. Pakis with a script.
>>
>>80737498
Subjectivism was a mistake
>>
>>80716586
Pleb
>>
>>80723378

Lois was a redhead in John Byrne's Man of Steel.
>>
>>80743603
I agree, it's shit though.
>>
>>80718104
>>80718940
I have.

And its still forced as hell. But hey, more power to you guys.

Good luck for Wonder woman and justice league
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.