[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Hyde has done nothing but rip off Andy Kaufman his entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: Andykaufman1.jpg (9KB, 200x248px) Image search: [Google]
Andykaufman1.jpg
9KB, 200x248px
Sam Hyde has done nothing but rip off Andy Kaufman his entire adult life.
>>
He's paying homage to his comedy style
>>
>>80531346
Let's hope he keeps emulating him and dies of cancer.
>>
Hyde is the biggest hack I've ever seen
>>
>>80531346
Fick you for insulting Kaufman like that. Hyde is a hack who provokes for the sake of provocation. There is no reasoning or method behind his maddness he just never got over that syage we all had at 14 where we liked the attention we got for saying edgy shit like "hitler did nothing wrong"
>>
>>80532147
Kek
>>
>>80532308
No, he's just alt-right.
>>
>Hyde

Literal who
>>
I'd say Sam Hyde is the postironic Kaufman. He seems like a provocateur on the surface, but after a while you realise that there is some sincere intent behind a lot of his "ironic" rightwing views.

Not saying he's a genius or anywhere near as original as Kaufman. He's a product of the internet.
>>
>>80534545
He's not the anything kaufman. Remove his political views and you're left with a talentless retard playing dumb on screen. On the computer screen, that is.
>>
>>80531346
>Andy Kaufman
Hack.
>>
File: me.jpg (15KB, 233x267px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
15KB, 233x267px
>>80534477

Renowned white supremacist responsible for multiple mass shootings across the US.
>>
Comparing a bigoted, talentless vlogger with one of the most original comedy geniuses of all time is frankly embarrassing for all involved. The internet generation is a mess.
>>
>>80534545
I thought he was ironically spouting all this bullshit but following him on twitter I'm starting to beleive that he really beleives in the white genocide meme

I still think mde is funny most of the time
>>
>>80531346
I don't really see any similarity to Kaufman at all, and I've seen pretty much everything either of them have done that's on youtube.

I like them both alot, but they're very different in both style and substance.
>>
>>80535148
Kaufman was not thought of one of the most original comedy geniuses of his time when he was around dude. That was kind of the point. It's only now he's been canonised that we see him that way.

Likewise, Sam is an "alt-right troll" officially now, but he has quite a cult following and he'll probably have more respect in the future, even though his persona kind of defies mainstream respect.

Basically comics like Kaufman and Hyde are in their prime when hardly anyone gets them
>>
>>80531346
>rip off Andy Kaufman
But Andy Kaufman was funny, anon.
>>
>>80535271
That's utter bullshit. There are a million Sam Hyde's on the internet. He is not special in the slightest. He is not original. He is not smart. You are a fucking idiot for posting that stupid shit. Fuck you and your retarded brain.
>>
ITT people who think jim carrey's movie was accurate
>>
>>80531346
Only if you give Sam WAY to much credit and believe he hiding behind 20 layers
>>
>>80531346
>>80532308
>>80534623
>>80535148
>>80535247
>>80535291
Can somebody please link me to something funny that Kaufman's done? I've seen like 6 sketches/standup segments and it's painfully unfunny. I understand that it's supposed to be ironic, and yeah he stays in character ok whatever, but when does it actually get funny? Is it just that it was different from other stuff at the time conceptually? Do you have to have grown up in the context of 70's comedy to appreciate it?
>>
>>80535719
>Do you have to have grown up in the context of 70's comedy to appreciate it?

Pretty much. Standup comedy was basically new and anyone who thought outside the box and did anything other than tell street jokes was considered a genius.
>>
>>80535774
Oh I see. Not hating or anything, I appreciate him for doing that I guess. I just personally can't find anything he made that I can laugh at yet.
>>
>>80535148
But he supports "our" president, he's clearly a comedy genius.
>>
>>80535719
>Can somebody please link me to something funny that Kaufman's done?
Shouldn't you be familiar with his work or at least aware of it before entering the thread and commenting on it? First you're comparing Sam Hyde to the guy, now he's not good enough for you. You need to take a stance at some point in your life, retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 640x438px
>>80531346
So, when is Hyde gonna take a piledriver from Jerry Lawler?
>>
>>80535233
>meme

About that..
>>
>>80535931
I never mentioned Sam Hyde dude.
>>80535719 was my first post. And I told you that I watched a few of his sketches. I'm just trying to understand the insane amount of cocksucking that you guys perform for this him.
>>
>>80536277
Yeah, what about it. You've criclejerked yourself into paranoid delusions because you're fat and can't get laid. That's not a white genocide, that's natural selection.
>>
File: IMG_2094.jpg (124KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2094.jpg
124KB, 800x450px
>>80536277
>>
>>80536368
>you're fat and can't get laid.
The "I can't argue based on real substance" starter pack
>>
>>80536471
Not having kids≠genocide
>>
>>80536576
But the Jews, anon! The Jews!
>>
>>80536576
nah you're wrong because you are a poopyhead
I'm matching your level of argument
>>
>>80536685
>Fenocide: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group.
How is one group of people having less children than others a genocide?
>>
>>80536809
Because it's happening to crybabies, that's standard crybaby logic. Similar to how SJWs define mean words as rape, an alt right SJW defines people reproducing less as genocide.
>>
>in 5000 years when all humans look like Brazilians do now, /pol/ will still complain about people with slightly darker skin causing the genocide of the tan race.
>>
>>80536809
I'm not the anon that posted about genocide. I'm just busting your balls for using unfounded personal attacks as a basis for argument. That's what dumb people do.
>>
>>80536958
Not an argument, that's what you people like to say right?
>>
>>80536948

like Indians do today?
>>
File: 1462551236922.png (310KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1462551236922.png
310KB, 500x628px
>>80536277
If your whole race is THAT easily manipulated by the jews not to procreate, it's just the will of nature that you guys shouldn't exist tbhfam.
>>
>>80535719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uQlB99WCuk

I feel like Tim Heidecker takes more from Kaufman than Sam.
>>
>>80537026
You people? Is that a label? I thought you people were against those things.
>>
>>80537104
I'm not against labels, that must be something you "people" came up with.
>>
>>80535148
Kaufman wasn't a vlogger, you idiot.
>>
Kaufman fans are the worst sort of people on earth. If he's your favourite comedian or even in your top 10 I absolutely guarantee you are a complete scumbag irl.
>>
>>80537213
epic, simply epic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wUe5aEwHM

If you don't think this is the greatest moment in television I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>80531346
OP... What's goin' on, buddy?
>>
>>80531346
Andy isnt funny.
>>
I unironically think Sam is extremely talented. Should I just end it all?
>>
>>80535302
You need to calm down. You will not like what happens if I change my tone. You've been warned.
>>
File: IMG_0783.png (738KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.png
738KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>80532147
>>>/b/
>>
>>80537103
The weak should fear the strong
>>
>>80537213
thats not carlin
>>
>>80532308
everyone keeps saying this but his show was hardly even political at all. If anything the politics were pretty ambiguous. The police sketch, tap water sketch, Zuckerberg sketch, teacher sketch. What was the alt-right sketch? Maybe the one with the kids. That's all I can think of.
>>
>>80537534
I guess you're at a loss for words then.
I can maybe see myself in the seat of someone from the 60s/70s whenever, but that mighty mouse song sounds like some bullshit kids show song from the 40's that he's playing off of, the scene has no fucking context at all.
Can you tell my why it is supposed to be funny?
Can you tell me why it is objectively better than this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0GjxqVFdI
>>
File: 1489735073286.png (186KB, 626x689px) Image search: [Google]
1489735073286.png
186KB, 626x689px
REEEEEEEEEEEEE I BURNED MY TENDIES AND NOW PEOPLE THINK RIGHT WING HUMOUR SHOULD BE ALLOWED
>>
>>80535719
>I understand that it's supposed to be ironic
It's not
It's more post-modern
He just blurs the line of what's really happening and what's part of the act, that's not 'ironic'
>>
>>80531346

Andy just never broke character, he played into his character so hard that he faked his death. Andy is still alive living in NYC to this day.

Sam is just a provocateur, just says the craziest things to get the craziest reaction.
>>
>>80535774
thats just not true
nobody has even come close to doing what AK did
there is such a wealth of content and a wealth of stories
he didnt have an act, he lived an act
you dont come to set as a different person with hookers on each arm and demand a separate paycheck and GET it before being thrown off set while keeping your other job as your other personality by being 'anyone who thought outside the box'
the man lived the act
he worked in a diner while working on taxi
he has a WWF action figure
he carried a pocket recorder with him everywhere and recorded chicks after sex, old girlfriends on the phone, police pullovers, being thrown out of cinemas, family conversations, and the discussion of faking his own death. then he released them as an album called Andy And His Grandmother.
the man sacrificed his own life just to live a fake one where only he was in on the joke
>>
>>80535271
i enjoy MDE, but comparing the two is batshit retarded
i think people only assume hyde is doing a bit to make themselves feel better
he exaggerates himself, as any 'comic' does.
i cant think of 1 genuine similarity between the two, outside of absurdist stand up routines
hyde uses exaggerated offence (which isnt really that exaggerated, just taboo), but AK would load a washing machine on stage
>>
>>80536244
you know that was all a bit, dont you?
AK wouldnt get up from the ring until someone called an ambulance. he had to pay for it because no one would play along with the gag
the dude was a great performer
>>
>>80538914
he took what was considered by comics to be the greatest opportunity on earth and used it for his own amusement
the audience reactions are the jokes, not the act
once this became popular he stopped doing it
he only did what he found funny
>>
>>80531346
Kaufman worked because he had no identity. Everything he did was pure nonsense.

Sam is only noteworthy because he's the first right wing comedian to try unconventional humor.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.