[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"LOGAN" REJECTED IDEAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 25

File: Logan.jpg (25KB, 647x404px) Image search: [Google]
Logan.jpg
25KB, 647x404px
Thoughts?

>"There was a moment when we were thinking about including Sabretooth", said writer Scott Frank, "As I recall, James Mangold had an idea where when they were on the run, and they go to the gambling town, there may have been at that point they were going to see Sabretooth for help. He was going to be there for help. Now that you mention it! I wouldn't swear to it, but we thought that would have been an interesting thing to do. And then for whatever reason we didn't do it."

>"It actually hits home a lot harder than the versions that really painted out specifically the flashback of what happened in Westchester one year prior," said writer Michael Green, "Of course there are versions we wrote that were never filmed with the actual flashback of what happened, but I've found the experience of watching it is far more poignant to just know that it was something really regrettable and it was bad and most likely, friends were lost. Or maybe it was people we didn't know."

>"I sketched out different conversations for that scene and one of them went to a much darker place. Mrs. Munson asks Logan if he’s married, and Charles says he was, but he killed her. Of course, he wasn’t really married. But what that then spawns is Charles waxing poetic about Jean Grey", said director James Mangold, "The problem was, it created an incredibly powerful lead brick in the middle of the only moment in the movie where there was a breather. Even I, with my taste for the dark, felt that it was one too many. I think it will make it to the Blu-ray."

http://movieweb.com/logan-wolverine-3-liev-schreiber-sabretooth-scene/
>>
>>80283977
Sabretooth as x-24 would have been perfect, instead of the a stupid clone
>>
>>80284027
but then we wouldn't have got "that wasn't me"
and two wolverines stabbing each other, that armpit fucking stab.
>>
>>80284051
the thing about that armpit stab and all the stabs in general weren't really as cringe inducing as they could've been. im kinda curious to see what the reaction wouldve been if they emulated the raid 2s cringe inducing violence where he stabbed the armpit then dragged it down the entire bicep, essentially filleting off both bicep and tricep.
>>
>>80284027
It'd be less silly than a clone that's for sure. Also Sabretooth is Logan's evil counterpart so it sort of fits.

Having them team up wouldn't have been terrible either. Played by Liev Schreiber of course.
>>
Would've been cool to see Sabretooth and reference Jean.
>>
X-Men origins was all about him and sabertooth cheating death time after time. That whole beginning of the movie was great. It should have ended with them again god damn it killing each other and embracing each other in a man hug.
>>
>>80283977
I hope they make a movie about the girl. I really like how she has the claws and talons on her feet as well. Really kind of sad that we won't see anymore Wolverine or X-Men though.
>>
>>80283977
>Mrs. Munson asks Logan if he’s married, and Charles says he was, but he killed her.
That's actually a great moment
>>
No Sabretooth is lame and X24 was actually intimidating because it was just wolverine in constant berserk mode
>>
It'd be fine if it wasn't for the fact that the only character Liev Schreiber knows how to play is Liev Schreiber
>>
I wish they would've shown the fucking west Chester scene. That's all I was waiting to be revealed the entire movie. Would have been great seeing all the xmen dying in front of Logan but he's powerless to stop it. They could have had Jean be the only other one about to stop it but she succumbs to Charles attack
>>
>>80285612
No it wouldn't. Thank god you don't make movies.
>>
>>80285545
Cmon Jimmy
>>
>>80285644
dont respond to me. Fucking loser
>>
>>80283977
This movie absolutely ruined Days of Future Past for me.
>>
>>80285692
Don't respond to this thread since you clearly don't understand what makes kino just that.
>>
>>80285612
this

I didn't feel there was enough closure for the other characters. Good movie tho, a bit overhyped.
>>
>>80285692
Not that anon but I think it was much better to have it off screen, something so horrific is best left to the imagination

Plus if they had that scene their budget would have to be stepped up a shitload to get all the other X-actors
>>
>>80285720
Autism
>>80285723
Yeah I know that was the better route. But I would've liked to see some form of the xmen one more time before they revamp it for the 3rd time
>>
>>80285753
>revamp it for the 3rd time
Not seen Apocalypse but aren't they just going to make another movie with that cast?
>>
>>80285692
>>80285720

Fucking thread about goddamn kiddy books. You two are pathetic.
>>
>capeshit
Who gives a fuck
>>
>>80285805
Nope I think they're going with the route of the new mutants books or whatever. I Heard the guys who played Charles and Eric only signed on for those three movies.
>>
>>80285849
And Here you are bitching about it. I don't know which is more cringy
>>
>>80285869
Hmm, could be cool
>>
>>80285716
just think of it like an alternate future after apocalypse. the timeline for the xmen series is really fluid anyway, the "main" timeline is one where logan doesn't happen.
>>
>>80284027
plebs complaining about the clone when it objectively and thematically makes more sense than Sabretooth
>>
>>80283977

I like the idea of them coming across Sabretooth and possible getting help from him. But I don't like the idea people seem to have of him replacing X-24 Wolverine. Sabretooth clone as the baddie just wouldn't have had the same shock value.

Also, a flashback scene would've been cool I think. But maybe it's best they left it out. Wish they'd actually shot it though. I'd watch an extended cut for it.
>>
>>80285891
I don't mind talking about comic book movies, but there was no excuse for that level of splurging.
>>
>>80285904
Didn't someone officially say it was in the main timeline? I dunno.
>>
>>80283977
>>80284027
The other day I was thinking about how replacing X-24 with Sabretooth might have been cool. Sabretooth could still be young because he doesn't have adamantium poisoning him, and he could have been an actual character instead of a grunting plot device.
>>
>>80285321
that's like something a kid would come up with.
you guys have no idea how to make kino
>>
>>80285956
i guess, it seems like later xmen movies will use other mutants. i kinda hope they dont though and treat logan as an alternate timeline. there are too many classic xmen stories you can use from the comics that dont need xavier and wolverine but they do need the other classic mutants.
>>
>>80285956
No. They've specifically said Logan is it's own timeline, to avoid making it the certain future of the series.
>>
>>80285869
McAvoy is coming back, but Fassbender isn't.
>>
The clone had the same haircut and beard as sabertooth, did they do that on purpose?
>>
>>80283977

>Charles talks about Logan kill Jean Grey

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHATS THE WRONG TIMELINE JUST LET ME HAVE THIS WITHOUT MY AUTISM MAKING ME HATE IT
>>
>>80285644

They barely alluded to it, I thought it was something that happened in the comics, same with the metal hands guys. Assumed it was common knowledge for neckbeards and people that actually follow capeshit.

Seek Dark Souls for an example for how to subtly introduce story elements, this was just shit.
>>
>>80286067
I think so, yeah
>>
>>80285994

the movie probably would've suffered from having too many characters. Also, it would've taken away from the focus on Charles' and Logan's relationship.
>>
>>80286043

so...what about Magneto??? are they gonna recast him too?
>>
File: 1397599381900.gif (379KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1397599381900.gif
379KB, 500x374px
>>80286131
>ignore this critically acclaimed film by a great director and look to a children's electronic toy for how to do things
>>
>>80285956
It's supposed to function as a "what if"
>>
>>80286067
>>80286161
I actually thought it was sabretooth when I first saw him. Took me a bit to realise it was a wolverine clone.
>>
File: Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine[1].jpg (233KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine[1].jpg
233KB, 1440x960px
>>80286067
except for the buzzcut, it was classic wolverine facial hair. That's why the kids gave him the same shave.
>>
Are any of the other Wolverine movies good? I enjoyed Logan.
>>
>>80286380
Yeah, so did I for a hot sec. That's why I think it was intentional.
>>
>>80286431
The Wolverine was decent. Parts of origins were tolerable.
>>
>>80286201
They're just not going to use either him or Mystique. The next movie is adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga.

So far McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Sophie Turner and Lana Candor are confirmed. The others are still up in the air.
>>
>>80286431
the origins movie was okay. The Wolverine should be avoided. Logan is seriously the jewel of the X-men movies.
>>
>>80286431
No. They're both messes.
>>
File: Architect.jpg (52KB, 1184x535px) Image search: [Google]
Architect.jpg
52KB, 1184x535px
>metal bladed healing man won't be our weapon
>give a healing girl metal blades and try to make her a weapon
>also clone healing man and give him metal blades
>repeat until it works
>>
>>80286494
>The next movie is adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga
>>
>>80286497
I'm sure there are other X-Men they could focus on for a movie. Too bad they killed them all off so that Wolverine would be the last one to go.
>>
Shit, he does look like X24 a bit
>>
>>80286431

not as good as Logan, it's far above the rest.

The Wolverine is okay. You either love it or hate it, I think because the movie doesn't know what it wants to be. Just goes from being action thriller/drama to complete capeshit at the end.

X-Men Origins: wolverine is fun if you just wanna watch mutants in action on screen I guess. It's the type of film I'd watch if I had a pizza with me and I found it playing on tv.
>>
>>80286534
ehh, maybe Fassbenders Magneto. Stewart and Jackman were the only two other actors who were worth a shit.
>>
>>80286494

Sounds to me like it's downhill from here.
>>
>>80286622

>not including based McKellen

they totally robbed us of a Old Magneto going all out against Sentinels scene in DOFP.
>>
File: 1417327245231.jpg (49KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1417327245231.jpg
49KB, 604x604px
>>80286555
>>80286380
>>80286067
>Clone that was made with the purpose of looking like Wolverine looks like guy who is related to Wolverine
>>
File: 1374101367796.gif (2MB, 423x270px) Image search: [Google]
1374101367796.gif
2MB, 423x270px
>>80286431
First 15 minutes of Origins is pretty great.
First two-thirds of The Wolverine is decent.
>>
I'm glad they kept all that baggage out.

I'm not sure Logan killing Jean AGAIN would've been a good twist and would leave a ton of questions about why he did it.
>>
>>80286672
>>80286672
pretty sure Ian is burned the fuck out of capeshit/fantasy after the Hobbit. dude just wants to act and they keep using him as a CGI prop.
>>
>>80286705
>implying his daughter isn't a reincarnation of Jean who will be killed by Sabertooth
>>
>>80286431
This is everything good about Origins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9c1w8G94g
>>
>>80286032
>kids are more kino than this anon
Sad!
>>
>>80285852
this i some of the most uncapeshit shit out there, try it
>>
>>80286699
>>80286763

this. Opening sequence of the two fighting different wars was a terrific idea.
>>
>>80286681
Sabertooth already looked like a buzz cut Wolverine anyways
>>
>>80286763
>using fully automatic rifles for an execution
anta baka
>>
>>80286817
The Weapon X stuff immediately after wasn't terrible, Ryan Reynolds actually did a pretty decent Deadpool during that bit, The Elevator scene was genuinely funny.
>>
>>80286705
I think he meant Charles killed her in Westchester.

I don't understand the movies obsession with the Logan/Jean pairing. I feel like they barely interacted beside them sharing longing looks at each other.
>>
>>80284526
breh they already fought like 10 times in each movie , people dont want to see that again.
>>
>>80286431
nah man, origins was 5/10 rest like japan one sucked
>>
>>80286903

yea that too. Tbh I would've liked to see the team more. That was fun to watch. Maybe a bit more Agent Zero and pre-op Deadpool action.
>>
>>80286903
>The Weapon X stuff immediately after wasn't terrible
Shoot Gook reloading in the air wasn'tterrible?
>Ryan Reynolds actually did a pretty decent Deadpool during that bit
He cut a bullet in half with a sword.
>The Elevator scene was genuinely funny.
It was a fart joke, man.
>>
>>80286817
they should of expanded on that, the trailer really misleads you to think it was going to be about wolvering fighting in a civil war and not some shitty montage
>>
>>80285912

Hate shilling for capeshit, but unironically this.

Sabretooth is the anti-wolverine, not his reflection. He's savage and has many similarities, but he doesn't touch on many of the main themes of Wolverine as a character.

The main conflict that has gripped Wolverine ever since muh Stryker has been reconciling the humanity he's lost over his long life after fucktons of bloodshed/watching countless friends die while being specifically made into a weapon that harnesses that jaded apathy.

X-24 was manufactured specifically to be a weapon, but didn't have the experience of humanity to be anything else. Wolverine killing him not only solidified his transition to finally becoming human through being a father, but also showed the parallel between him and Professor X, as they wouldn't be what they were if they hadn't seen the worst of human nature and suffered through it, only to use it to overcome it.

It's pure kino, but was presented poorly.
>>
>>80287038
>Wolverine killing him
He got BTFO by him and his daughter had to use the bullet Wolverine was going to kill himself with to kill the clone.
>>
>>80287145
His daughter was a clone of him anyway
>>
>>80285912
>>80287038

correct. Sabretooth replacing X-24 Wolverin is retarded.
>>
>>80287145

>Not understanding poorly implemented capeshit '''''symbolism'''''
>Anno Domini 2017
>>
>>80287145
That part was foreshadowed way too much. I get that you show it once, remind the audience, then payoff, but the reminder was way too long and made it too obvious it would come in with X24. I love the bit about Wolverine using it to an hero, but it should have just been that bit and then a wordless reminder for the audience after that.
>>
>>80287246
I was just saying it's not like Wolverine getting in touch with humanity tapped into some power that the clone didn't possess. The clone destroyed him in both fights and he had to be saved/avenged. It's obvious that he was going to lose to the clone though due to it being a juiced up machine whereas Wolverine was dying of super-AIDS.
>>
>>80287286
I don't think they overdid it. When did they show it apart from the first time, and X-23 putting it in the gun?
>>
>>80287286

As much as Logan ended up being (relatively) pseudo-kino, you have to remember that it was marketed as capeshit and made a fuckton of concessions to the capeshit audience.

I'm honestly surprised they got away with as much as they did.
>>
>>80287363
not him but they did show once or twice laura reaching for the revolver
>>
>>80287334

>>80287334

>he had to be saved/avenged

That's the point. As Logan is slowly depowered, he comes more and more in contact with his humanity. Had he been X-24, he would have stood a good chance, but the dual-themes in him voluntarily fighting him when he knows he's outmatched are that he's at peace with his mortality and will sacrifice it for someone he loves and that he ultimately wins because the human connections he's forged let him 'win the war despite losing the battle.'

The bullet he was going to use to kill himself being used by his daughter to kill his foil illustrates that, but like the other anons have said, it was hamfisted as shit.
>>
>>80287546
>if your enemies kill you, you win
>>
Why would an adamantium bullet kill Wolverine?
>>
>>80287762
it can get through his adamantium plated skull
>>
>>80286042
Wrong. They specifically said Logan is set six years after the happy ending of Future Past.

>“We are in the future, we have passed the point of the epilogue of Days Of Future Past,” is all that Mangold will admit about the timing of this film.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/logan-trailer-breakdown-james-mangold-talks-us-first-teaser/

Logan isn't in some alternate future. It's set six years after FP (FP's ending was 2023, Logan is 2029).

>>80286107
When it says "he killed her" it means "Charles killed her," because Charles killed the X-Men (except Logan) when he couldn't control his psychic powers.
>>
>>80287574
>if you sacrifice yourself so that others who are more important than you can get away (which was your entire goal), then you win
Well, yes.
>>
>>80287830
Why didnt that happen in Origins, then?
>>
>>80287830
So? He can heal his brain. They already established that in previous movies.
>>
>>80287983
i dont remember origins, they shot him with an adamantium bullet then? anyway, the fact that his healing factor is failing is what ensure the bullet will kill him. he can recover like he used to from traumatic brain injury.

>>80287988
his healing factor is failing in the movie.
>>
>Finding Sabertooth down and out in Vegas
>hes well on his way to the grave
>Sorry, Logan, I cant even help myself
>Fighting X24, hes about to give the death blow to Logan
>Saber shows up to deliver a distracting attack, he takes 3 to the chest
>Logan takes X24s head off
>Thank you brother, I'll see you soon.
>>
>>80288041
>"all the mutants are dead"
>"oh hey here's another mutant to throw in as a cameo!"
>>
>>80288038
real quote from the movie
'his brain will grow back, but not his memories'
>>
>>80288038
>anyway, the fact that his healing factor is failing is what ensure the bullet will kill him.
Then how did the bullet kill a newborn X-23?
>>
>>80288110
>What is Caliban
>>
File: IdontKnow.jpg (107KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IdontKnow.jpg
107KB, 600x400px
>>80288158
>>
File: 10mmsza.jpg (403KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
10mmsza.jpg
403KB, 988x1500px
>>
>>80288185
A character who was necessary so Donald count track the illegal
>>
>>80284051

Logan trying to explain to Charles that it wasn't him that did this hit me so hard. He was dying in his arms and the most important thing in the world to him was that he knew he would never hurt him.

Hit me goddamn hard.
>>
>>80286699

Origins should have just been the first 15 or so minutes extended to fill 2 hours. Just show me a Wolverine powerhousing through world wars like it's his job.
>>
>>80287988
1) X-Men Origins: Wolverine establishes that no, he cannot fully heal his brain. When he's shot by Stryker, while it doesn't kill him, his brain doesn't heal right and he loses his memory.

2) His healing factor isn't what it used to be in Logan, which the movie establishes again and again. Additionally, X-24's healing factor hasn't fully developed, which the movie also very clearly establishes.

The real mistake is that it's just a bullet fired from a handgun but when X-23 shoots X-24 with it, it blows away half his head like he was shot with buckshot with a shotgun.
>>
>>80288204
>FRoOOoSH
what did he mean?
>>
>>80288185
Yeah, what a movie where all but three mutants are dead needed was more mutants. Where was the Quicksilver cameo? And whatever happened to the kid who could change channels by blinking? I mean, I really wanted to see the kid with the forked tongue come in and be like "hey Wolverine sorry I can't help my forked tongue is now a normal tongue ouch now I'm being killed well this was a cameo well-spent."

Honestly, though, they could have ditched Caliban completely and the movie would have still worked.
>>
>>80283977
blood father ripoff for even more infantile manchildren
>>
what did he mean when he said " theres no water here" when they were going to bury xavier?
>>
>>80288398
1) His brain heals just fine. It's just his memories that don't come back. That has nothing to do with his brain healing properly. His brain also erases his most painful memories, which isn't his brain not healing properly.
2) The movie does nothing to establish that X-24's healing factor doesn't work right, it only established that his healing factor was overloaded and needed a boost to heal him more quickly after being massively fucked up. He got stabbed about a million times, impaled through the torso, and smashed with a truck.
>>
>>80287363
>>80287407
>Showed it in Mexico
>Showed it when x-23 asked about it
>Showed it when she put it in the gun.
>>
>>80288525
I've wondered this too. Maybe because they had planned on living in a ship.
>>
>>80288621
true makes sense
>>
The problem with X-Men movies in general is that they throw all these characters at you but never really spend any time developing the characters or fleshing them out. The first X-Men movie had Rogue, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Ice Man, and Charles Xavier, plus the bad guys.

Logan avoids this by having less characters and also being a longer movie. While throwing in more mutants like Sabretooth would have been cool, I feel like it'd be just another character for them to introduce and try to do something with before having to quickly dispatch of them. I'm glad they spent more time on Logan in a movie called Logan and less time going "well let's see what happened to the Juggernaut, is he still calling people bitches or what?"
>>
>>80288621
That's the case, they mention it multiple times throughout the movie.
>>
>>80288533
>brain heals just fine
Except for the fact that he loses his memories, which means his brain doesn't heal just fine. Moot point, though, since neither Logan nor X-24's healing factors are working properly.

>The movie does nothing to establish that X-24's healing factor doesn't work right
Rewatch the scene where they recover X-24 after his first fight with Wolverine, you know, the scene after the scene you just described where he "got stabbed about a million times, impaled through the torso, and smashed with a truck." He isn't healing. He's still fucked up even though some time has passed (fight was at night, but it's morning when they recover him). Dr. Rice says this is because he was just cloned and his powers haven't fully developed. Dr. Rice then injects him with the serum and only then does X-24 start to heal. We see his face go from being half off to healing up only after the injection, and Dr. Rice has a line where he tells X-24 that the injection is healing him. There's literally no way the movie could have made it more clear to you that without them stopping the movie and making you sign a form that says you fully realize that X-24's healing factor hasn't fully developed yet.
>>
>>80288110
>all mutants are dead

And yet the children are trying to escape to where?
>>
How come Cyke never gets any love from movies? He's objectively the better character
>>
>>80288862
Canada, where they were granted refugee status.
>>
What was up with the X-men comic books in the movie? If the X-men were actually real why were all these fake comics written about them? Seemed kinda weird to me
>>
File: Ultimate_Sabretooth.jpg (214KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Sabretooth.jpg
214KB, 500x491px
>>80284027

Hell he was already acting more taciturn and animalistic in X1 anyway.
>>
>>80288918
Plenty of real people have fictionalized stories written about them.
>>
>>80288918

It's kind of like how there was the Harlem Globetrotters cartoon but it was based on real people.
>>
>>80288918
Jesus will feel the same way when he comes back and reads the bible.
>>
>>80288936
Ultimate X-Men was a mistake. Everything about it sucked.
>>
>>80288964
>>80288968
True. I felt that the comics fit into the world and they served a thematic purpose so I didn't really mind.
>>
File: sabertooth operating.webm (2MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
sabertooth operating.webm
2MB, 1000x563px
Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth was based, wish he'd gotten at least a scene at the casino or something
>>
>>80288862
Canada. They respect diversity there.
>>
>>80286431

No. Just stick with Logan, the others are fucking terrible. Just don't even watch them.
>>
I think this is probably one of the rare moments where the movie actually surpasses the source material. Making Charles nuke the X-Men instead of Logan was a good choice imo and everything was just so fucking perfect. This was unironically Cape-Kino. This is what all of Snyders shit should have been like.
>>
>>80286431

watch the leaked work print of Origins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5AsOEk-ZJU
>>
>>80286431
Origins is so-bad-it's-good and was released right after Iron Man/The Incredible Hulk and The Dark Knight so it was the last superhero movie in the style of the early to mid 2000s ones. I liked The Wolverine but I only saw it once and have no desire to see it again. It wasn't amazing but it was far from terrible. If you ever wondered what You Only Live Twice would be like if you replaced James Bond with Wolverine then there's your answer
>>
>>80289177
>. I liked The Wolverine but I only saw it once and have no desire to see it again. It wasn't amazing but it was far from terrible.
That's exactly how I feel about it too. I thought it was a decent movie when I walked out of the theater and I wasn't unhappy with it but it wasn't really all that good either. It's been a couple years now and I honestly don't even remember what even happened in that movie aside from it taking place in Japan.
>>
>>80288918
X-Men existed but they didn't wear gaudy costumes and have safe, sanitary and fantastical adventures where they always saved the day
It's like The Venture Bros.
>>
>Freddy is fictional and tigers are extinct

was this a subtle way of saying that sabertooth is dead in this timeline?
>>
>>80289449
I guess. It also says "we're in the bad future."
>>
>>80283977
Seeing how fucked Sabretooth has being in the X movies (the first one was a pro-wrestler and Origins was Liiev Fucking Schrieber!!!) its better he be avoid all together.
>>
>>80289449
Pretty sure they meant literal tigers are extinct by 2029
>>
>But he killed her

Why would Charles just outright say that though? He was lucid, it'd be a weird thing to say to strangers. They were being coy with the "special needs school" thing.
>>
>>80287038
>was presented poorly

Not him, but how so?
>>
>>80290615
>Why would Charles just outright say that though?
I wonder why they cut that out....
>>
>>80284027
first i thought it is sabretooth, with that same faggot actor who played him before
>>
>>80284526
>Liev Schreiber
that cunt is horrible sabretooth
>>
>>80285612
The part of me that agrees with you is the same part of me in 1997 that wanted to see Yoda fight dark Jedi and see Vader as the best pilot in the galaxy. I get it, but I think it would be a mistake.
>>
>>80286926
I agree with this 100%. Sure, they're attracted to one another, but I can't remember a single scene where Logan and Jean actually bonded in a meaningful way. It's like the series has to constantly tell us they're this pair of star-crossed soulmates without ever earning it
>>
>>80287286
Yeah, they shouldn't have shown 23 loading the gun.
>>
>>80284027
I didn't read the comics, but would sabretooth help villains that kills/experiment on mutant children and responsible for sterilization of mutants?
>>
File: jake laugh.gif (3MB, 628x402px) Image search: [Google]
jake laugh.gif
3MB, 628x402px
>Charles: She's a mutant!
>Logan: What are her powers, eating and pipe throwing?

How come nobody mentioned the hilarity of that exchange?
>>
>>80284027
logan was a great movie

but a logan clone assassin was the kind of dumb shit that i would have expected in all the other shitty xmen films
>>
>>80283977
how the fuck do you bond adamntium to a growing skeleton?

is she going to be a femlet forever?
>>
>>80293646
It was just her claws.
>>
>>80283977
>I think it will make it to the Blu-ray."
NEED IT
>>
>>80286131
Holy shit kill yourself, I bet you like Dark Souls 2, the way Logan introduced elements to its backstory was exactly the way the good parts of Dark souls are done.
>>
>>80293646

Every Logan thread until we like it huh?
>>
>>80293943
man, that sucks

a shotgun could take her arm off and after it grew back she'd be back to bone claws
>>
>>80290615
I doubt he said it in those words (though if he did that definitely explains why it was cut) it was probably more like

he was married but she died in an accident which I feel responsible for"
>>
>>80294061

She has had her arm cut off by a chainsaw and had it successfully reattached, the thing is that with the minimal amount of adamantium inside her it means her healing factor is actually better than Wolverine's with the full metal job
>>
File: gud.jpg (9KB, 204x192px) Image search: [Google]
gud.jpg
9KB, 204x192px
>>80284027
>mutant supremacist
>working with the group that genocided mutants

Ebin, just ebin.
>>
>>80287908
Depressing. Hope they recon that.
>>
just got back after watching it.

why the fuck did the reavers not give a single shit about dying? one of their brothers in arms get his fucking head cut off and rolled toward them and they don't bat a fucking eyelash. whats wrong with these people
>>
File: Wolverine Gun CGI.webm (2MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine Gun CGI.webm
2MB, 640x272px
>>80286699
Hahaha thanks for reminding me about these webms
>>
>>80294189
What are they supposed to do, cry? They're hardened vets/mercs. If they lose their cool in a fight they're fucked.
>>
>calibain could have easily killed blondie buy pulling the pin, then chucking the grenade just before detonation

>decides he'd rather have an epic 1-liner
>>
>>80294189
They're fucking villains who murder children for a living. I don't think they care much if a fellow solder dies in combat.
>>
>>80287908
That doesn't make sense. Logan said new mutants haven't been born in 25 years, so how could it be in the happy future of DoFP?
>>
>>80294214
post more
>>
File: Wolverine Deadpool.webm (2MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine Deadpool.webm
2MB, 640x272px
>>80294214
>>
>>80294220
beware the light is actually a reference to 'The brotherhood of Slaves' by Malcom X during his black supremacy years, it's paraphrasing the oft repeated line, "Beware the light man"
>>
>wolverine movies are now good
>xmen apocalypse was trash

what a flip
>>
>>80294251
>>80294250
These 3 are all I got, the work print is pretty easy to find, better than the intended release.
>>
>>80288038
>>80288132
In Origins he took two adamantium bullets point blank, with small dents before healing. In Logan X23 shoots X24 from a couple of feet away and X24's head explodes.
>>
File: IMG_8093.jpg (355KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8093.jpg
355KB, 1152x1536px
If Bryan singer had his way , Logan would have a had a totally different ending
He was going to shave his head and say "now I am professor x" and slowly morph into him
>>
>>80294248

It's almost as if that happy future didn't last, when we see Logan at the end at the school it's present day.
>>
>>80287908
Tbh that's pretty fucking ballsy
>>
>>80286555
Why the fuck did Fox give Sabertooth a buzz cut? He has long hair like a male lion.
>>
>>80288727
Thiiiiiiiiiis nigga
>>
>>80288185
A surprisingly good performance by Merchant.
>>
>>80294061
She can remove adamantium claws from a detached limb, rip out a bone claw and put adamantium one instead. Yes, that happened.
>>
>>80294431
If Logan is canon than no new mutants have been born since 2004, retard.
>>
I don't think Sabretooth was necessary in Logan's final story. Creed played a role in Logan's story twice before, and while there was really no closure between them, their history didn't need to be revisited. X-24 simplified the conflict from a story standpoint, while at the same time making Logan's internal conflict an external one. There were already two other villains, and even Logan's body was killing him. What we got was good enough. We didn't need an, "Hey, I know who that guy is!" moment, just like we didn't need even more references to Jean Gray.
>>
>>80294755

>If Logan is canon than no new mutants have been born since 2004, retard.

Oops
>>
>>80287908
if its just 6 years after dofp then why does charles look like hes suddenly aged 20 years. he's like healthy and spry af in dofp.
>>
File: jemsurf.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
jemsurf.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>177 posts, 75 individual posters

I'm convinced it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>80294826
>why does charles look like hes suddenly aged 20 years.

I don't know. I don't have to know. Neither do you, anon.
>>
>>80284027
I agree and I don't.

Having Sabretooth as X-24, Logan's supposed ultimate foil also being the one person to finally put an end to him would have been pottery, it would have been kino, it would have made much more sense, and it would have been more impactful to Logan's end and to the audiences, not only that but it would have also made his arc full circle, Logan has been running from his animal side and theres no better person to remind him of that than Sabretooth.

Having said that, X-24 being a Logan clone made much more sense in context, Sabretooth wouldnt have much of an impact in Logan since his character and their relationship arent that fleshed out, He was stuck in the worst X-men movie possible, and has been ignored from then on, so him suddenly appearing like that would actually make the majority of watching it go "who the hell is this?" instead of "Oh shit tis fuckign Victor!", and X-24 made a metaphorical sense in that Hugh Jackman is both physically and metaphorical putting an end to Logan.

Trust me, friend I maybe the biggest Sabretooth fan there is, I'd post Sabretooth bait threads on /co/ and wait for the jetpack quote, and as much as I would love to see Liev as Sabretooth again, with Hugh Jackman screaming for the last time; "VIIICTOOOOOOOOR!" after X-24 kills xavier, Logan worked without him because thats how the X-men universe was shaped since Origins.

Its not Sabretooth or the Actors fault, he was very much willing to reprise, and he was very good to the point of being a fan favorite that Mangold even CONSIDERED putting him in the movie just for the sake of it, but it worked without him. so its okay.

Not saying it wouldnt have been better, because IT WOULD HAVE, but we have to give credit to where its due, Hugh Jackman being X-24 was executed properly
>>
>>80294861

>why are people discussing thing

dipshit
>>
>>80293193
Yes. He gives no fucks. Especially if someone told him it would rustle Wolverine's jimmies.

>in the comics, Sabretooth would track down Wolverine every year on his birthday and beat the shit out of him

I miss the bullying desu
>>
>>80294902
>why are people discussing thing

Like me, you mean? Don't shit the bed now.
>>
>>80288204
Why Sabertooth?

Why?
>>
>>80294962 see>>80294909

Because he can
>>
>>80295027
>>80294909
>Sabretooth would track down Wolverine every year on his birthday and beat the shit out of him

I like it

I wish some of this had come through in the movies
>>
so, the aug arm guy was the coolest villain ever in any cape movie are we all agreed? his speech, mannerisms, fashion, dude was just plain cool.
>>
>>80295055

I kind of liked the idea of them being close but then they had a falling out in Origins, like they'd still team up to kick someone's ass right before they got right back to beating the shit out of each other, maybe even have a beer first.
>>
>>80295117
So you wanted them to be Magneto & Xavier

Best buds, bros for life, but absolutely hate one another
>>
>>80295097

You can't even remember his name, so memorable, very cool.

He was OK, think the only part with him I liked was when he was repairing his hand.
>>
>>80295055
>>80295117

There's also a comic where Wolverine drags Spider-man around for a night on the town and Spidey keeps trying to bail because he has shit to do and at the end of the issue the twist is that it was Wolverine's birthday and he was just really lonely and no one else would have a beer with him.

RIGHT IN THE FEELS
>>
>>80295151
i know his name was donald but i didnt expect many others to remember this detail. just like how i dont expect anyone to remember the fact that tigers are extinct in the movie.
>>
>>80295153
http://imgur.com/a/KiW7W
>>
>>80287908
what about when they talk about Liberty Island? AKA X-Men 1 which didn't happen in the DoFP happy ending.

I know Chuck read Wolverine's mind and saw all that shit but Old Chuck in Logan spoke about it like he lived that shit.
>>
>>80295146

No, because Xavier just licks Magnetos ass after he kills thousands, Wolverine at least punches some holes in Sabertooth's dick when he gets out of line.

Poor fucking comparison.
>>
>>80295213

Tigers ain't shit, lion master race
>>
>>80295222
Dawww, that was adorable
>>
>>80295359
tfw no spidey irl
>>
I'm curious about who was killed at Westchester.
When Charles says something about having family and Logan says "not anymore"... If the rest of the team were wiped out because of this... Jesus fuck. It makes it all the more depressing when the two of them die in the film.
I actually respect the direction they went for it. So many super hero films feel needlessly optimistic.
>>
Anyone have a quick rundown on the other x-men movies? I've seen everything except The Wolverine, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse.
I intend to watch those ones later but I'd like to recommend Logan to a friend who I know will never watch the other films.
>>
>>80295545
After the gambling town scene, the news said it was similar to the Westchester incident where 7 X-men died.
Pretty sure it went like that.
>>
>>80295613
>7 X-men died
what about the other 40 xmen?
>>
>>80295613
Didn't it say 7 people died? It didn't specify who. It could have been children students, not necessarily the main cast.
>>
>>80295635
Maybe it was 600 people effected including x-men and 7 people died.
Shitty memory at it again.
>>
>>80284027
The X-24 pleb filter, works every time
>>
>>80295676
Well realistically, Cyclops and Jean were already dead in X3, if Storm died it was basically the end of the main cast other than Charles and Logan, at least in regards to the films.
>>
>>80295635

students are students, you don't become an X-man til you graduate, if he was going to be extremely tortured over a bunch of deaths it'd be significant ones.
>>
>>80295545
Westchester is where the school is located so it's pretty clear to me what the implication is.

I like that the movie doesn't shy away from stuff like this that not everyone will immediately understand. You don't need to know who exactly died in westchester really, if you've been with Xavier this long you know that no matter who it was he'd feel terrible about it, just listening to his reaction as he's being wheeled out of the hotel is enough. The film trusts it's audience.

The only major gripe that detracts from this is probably having the bullet crop up so often but it wasn't that gratuitous so I guess it's fine.
>>
>>80295722
>Well realistically, Cyclops and Jean were already dead in X3

Retconned by Days of Future Past
>>
>>80295746
>if he was going to be extremely tortured over a bunch of deaths it'd be significant ones.
Nonsense, Charles would be mortified at anyone dying because he lost control during a fit.
>>80295772
Ah of course.
>>
As I said in the last thread

1) Charles has his first major seizure and kills 600 people in the Winchester area, including 7 key members of the X-Men. Logan is directly hit but survives because he's a Mary Sue

2) There is a major public backlash against Mutants. The Government classifies Charles as a Weapon of Mass Destruction and uses the incident to legalize hunting down the remaining mutants

3) The Albino is used Darth Vader style to hunt down the remaining mutants like Magneto

4) The soft drinks are distributed to make humans stronger genetically. A side result is that the X Gene is suppressed out of existence

5) Logan starts
>>
>>80286763
>Harry Gregson-Williams score
Tight
>M4 in M16 era
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80295821
600 people were paralyzed, not killed
>>
>>80295821
>Logan is directly hit but survives because he's a Mary Sue

He survives because of his healing factor, hence why he and X-23 are the only two able to move around during the pseudo timestop his seizures cause.

The exact reason for this is unclear (Caliban says he can't breathe during Charles' seizures but if this were the real issue then Logan wouldn't have enough time to do a whole elevator ride without everyone we see on the ground floor suffocating)
>>
Laura was so fucking cute
>tfw no mexican daughterfu
>>
>>80295940
>that scene where she wanders around in the petrol station

cute af
>>
>>80288525
He said "There's water" because he's trying to say something nice about the situation, saying at least Charles is buried in a nice place.
>>
>>80289063
>deagle in 'Nam
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80288525
Charles' last words were about living on a boat.
There's water here was his attempt to say something nice about how they finally reached some peace but he broke down in the process.
>>
>>80295991
>being a /k/autist
kys fag
>>
>>80284027
They tricked one actor to do twice the job, anon.
It's perfect
>>
>>80295893
They say that it was the first incident. This means no one would have been nearby with an injection to stop the seizure.

Hence everyone likely died
>>
>watching film
>think about how its nice that HJ is doing this after being in the role for so long
>realise he has been doing this for 17 years
>x-men 1 came out 17 years ago
>fuck
>this is set in 2029
>12 years in the future
>2029 is 5 years closer to today than 2000 is to today
I am getting so fucking old. It made the themes a lot more poignant.
>>
>>80296046
Why would the news report say 600 people were paralyzed and 7 killed if in reality 600 died?
>>
>>80296051
>this is set in 2029

If we use this as a point of reference, when was Xmen 1's"not too distant future"?
>>
>>80296084
A load of shit I think.
Especially when Wolverine Origins had the 3 mile Island disaster which took place in 1979 and then in X1 Charles says that Logan had his memories wiped 15 years ago.
>>
Where's my HD blue-ray rip?

I'm getting impatient now
>>
>>80296145
Go see it in cinemas anon, it's worth breaking the no singles policy
>>
File: 1478536194648.jpg (98KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
1478536194648.jpg
98KB, 544x626px
Anyone else expected this film to perform better financially?
>>
>>80285410
>I hope they make a movie about the girl

Jesus no
>>
Wish they included a bit on the villains controlling regions like in the comics, just a bit.
>>
>>80296196
I prefer the idea that all mutants are being wiped out, not just the good guys.
>>
>>80296174
No.
My non "comic-book fans" friends hated it because they expected the normal Marvel/X-men movie.
>>
>>80296174
It was never going to be a smash hit but it's doing fine
>>
>>80296185

Mangold said he already has ideas, no idea if they'll ever pan out, hopefully it'd be as part of a team rather than a solo movie, maybe have her and NTW have an emo staring contest
>>
I always disliked Sabertooth
>the most unique of all characters with very special powers needs to have le pottery counterpart
A clone, especially in a very grounded archetypal story like Logan is completely fine.
>>
>>80295676
If 600 people were affected I wonder if he was using cerebro at the time.
>>
>>80296351
If he'd been using Cerebro, most of the world would have been affected
>>
>>80296314
But she would be meaningless without Wolverine. She fulfilled her purpose in Logan, no need to drag it anymore
>>
>>80296332
This
I can't believe these faggots who unironically wanted Sabretooth to show up in this movie
>>
Infowars was right: this movie is anti-Trump. I thought they were blowing hot air up my ass, but I went and saw it, and they were right. If you can't see it, you're blind.
>>
>>80296351
No since in the present scene like 400 where effected.
If he was using Cerebro half of the world would get fucked up probably.
>>
>>80296385

Anti-Trump is just inflammatory code for Pro-Sanity
>>
>>80296385
Most of the world is anti-trump. I'm not making a judgement on the man, but seriously, it's hardly some minority agenda.
>>
>>80296396
That's what my friend tried to snark in the cinema; that it's a humanitarian movie, and if you mean Trump is anti-humanitarian...
>>
>>80296372

>But she would be meaningless without Wolverine.

not really, don't think you understand that they can just rewrite the character to be more like her comcis version, sure people liked the tiny asskicker but they'll really flip for an 18 year Laura kicking ass and taking names.
>>
>>80296432
Not enough to carry a film. People don't want to see stronk womyn as the main character. The kid is a good actress, but not enough to carry a film.
>>
Why did the black kid look like a young Chris Wallace? Surely they controlled his diet
>>
>>80296084
the x-men timeline is inconsistent as hell, Focusing solely on the original timeline:

Origins starts in the 1800s

Xavier, Magneto and Mystique are all born in the early 1930s

FC happens in 62.

the time travel bits of DoFP happens in 73 (after this there's a timeline split which goes some way to explaining the discrepancies introduced in Apocalypse and I guess Deadpool)

The rest of Origins happens in the mid to late 70s

Xavier and Charles visit Jean in 86

X1 and X2 happen in 2003

X3 is 2006

The Wovlerine is 2013

The rest of DoFP happens in 2023

If you look at the new timeline starting from DoFP it fixes some things but introduces new and arguably even more retarded issues.
>>
>>80295097
He was just a little flaming faggot
>>
>>80296490

did you miss the part where I said it'd be part of a team? Gee willickers it's not hard man
>>
>>80295097
He was awful because they made him into a cartoon character. How the fuck are you gonna find an augmented redneck who is secretly a boomerang racis in 2029?
>>
>>80296500

>everyone laughing at fat black kid's truffle shuffle
>see him holding a wolverine action figure at end
>laughterstops.jpg
>>
They tried so hard to push a leftist, open borders agenda but then went full circle and made an excellent argument for Nationalism. These types of films always do this.

The proud little PoC mutants end up going to their own country free of hate and white - I mean, human - privilege to oppress them.
>>
>>80296787
>this much projection
Jesus fuck, kill yourself my man
>>
>>80294214
>someone thought it was a good idea

unfinished CGI aside, this is so fucking stupid
>>
>>80296787
lmao
>>
>>80296839
Why? The "emerging hidden chopper" is almost a trope.
>>
>>80296839
In Logan there's a scene where Laura is on top of the moving limo and climbs into the sun roof.
I remember noting that they wouldn't put a child in that situation and it wasn't a stunt double so it must have been edited. Looked really good, couldn't even tell.
That or dude safety regulations lmao
>>
>>80296706
Here's the thing about making movies about teams of new mutants. I don't really give a shit about them. The reason why people are interested in X-Men is because the original X-Men from the comics and the animated series.
>>
>>80296825
Why do you /co/cksuckers still come here? Stay on your containment board or fuck off back to plebbit you limp effeminate fag
>>
>>80296825
Yeah, projection. That's why the two 2D villains are white and literally Mengele experimenting on literal brown children (as well as figurative brown children), and there's a Big Lipped Alligator moment where a group of white rednecks oppress a poor black man.

>But you have a border wall along the Mexico border and bros yelling “U.S.A! U.S.A.!” at Latinos.
>Yes, well, there’s a border wall right now, actually. >Y’know, X-Men movies in general and the best Westerns, heroic films of any kind, have always tapped into something going on in the culture at that moment. To me, the sense of nationalism and anxiety of people who are Other seemed to fit very well into an X-Men idea.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/logan-director-mangold-talks-x-men-and-trumps-influence.html
>>
>>80296893
>literal actual projection about containment boards

pottery
>>
>>80296893
Why do you have to be such an ass? Because he does not see everything as a leftist conspiracy? Is this /pol/?
>>
>>80296893
>>80296909
>bring some topical shit featuring mexico and references to "donald" into a film about family, getting old and learning to let people into your heart
It can quite easily be read as a film with conservative values if you stop fucking projecting race into everything.
>>
>>80289063
What video game?
>>
>>80294308
>>80294251
how did they get to the top of that thing?
>>
>>80296943

Might be X-Men Origins Wolverine, which was way better than the movie, like amazingly better
>>
>>80296938
Oh I get that, that's why I made this post
>>80296787

The film tries so hard to be pozzed that it goes full circle and is Nationalist as fuck.

Not to mention it's very anti-abortion.
>>
>>80296967
Again, you misread something.
I wasn't saying it pushed an agenda and failed because the premise was flawed - I was saying there was no fucking agenda in the first place, it just has personal character failings that are explored.
Its like when you dickheads claim that Forrest Gump is a conservative film because the main love interest is a liberal dipshit
>>
>>80296909
Why do you even care about the X men?
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/stan-lee-reveals-why-he-created-the-x-men-a-story-to-show-theres-good-in-a84477
>Stan Lee was asked if the X-Men hosting a variety of different characters was intentional to which Lee joked “If you think it’s good, I did it intentional.” Lee then swapped jokes for seriousness, when he stated "I wanted them to be diverse. The whole underlying principal of the X-Men was to try to be an anti-bigotry story to show there’s good in every person.”

One could even take the whole series as an allegory for the civil right movement.
>>
>>80296966
it was okay, not great. what it gained for the visual damage system is more than lost for reusing the qte hulks for every boss that wasn't sabretooth
>>
>>80297024
This
It functions in regards to black rights and gay rights.
Magneto - Malcolm X, Charles Xavier - MLK
The idea of hiding the thing that makes you different - being gay
Its basically an allegory for identity politics.
>>
>>80296174
its been out a week and made 3x its budget. Its doing better than deadpool at this time. But lets be honest, this isnt the type of movie you go back to over and over again like normies do for lightheart and comedy movies. So expect it to be around 700m out of theaters with immensely strong DVD/blu sales.

Im fairly certain almost anyone who saw the movie will want to own it and I see it having some extremely long legs retail wise.
>>
>>80296938
Are you REALLY implying that Marvel don't care about politics when they openly and frequently blackwash white characters? Or when so many film/TV critics nowadays are SJW legbeards or nu-males who base a large part of their reviews/hype on whether a film ticks the diversity box?

Just look at the reaction to Zootopia vs Angry Birds. One film could be viewed as pro-mass migration, multiculturalism and the other as opposed to it. Guess which one the critics fawned over and positively spun its political message? SJW pandering is big business nowadays. You're delusional or just a concern troll if you think otherwise.
>>
>>80297024
>>80297053
Because if you shut yourself off to media with a wrong agenda, then you can't challenge that agenda. It's a decent story, much better than Disney, but it's allegory is wrong.

And you know what? I'm allowed to talk about whatever I like. You can go to /co/ if you don't like someone critiquing your precious social justice escapist porn, darling.
>>
>>80297121
oh, honey...
>>
>>80296046
No, they said 600 people were INJURED and 7 x men killed. You fucking pleb
>>
>>80297115
>reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Please take your autistic screeching back to your containment board
>>
>>80297190
>I can't address his arguments with facts so I'll try meme back at him

How about you go back to your containment website, tumblr?
>>
File: 1483803744231.jpg (133KB, 750x841px) Image search: [Google]
1483803744231.jpg
133KB, 750x841px
>>80297190
>>>/co/
>>
>>80297221
We were discussing the movie before you came here to bitch about shit that has nothing to do with it
>>
>>80297276
I'm discussing the plot of the movie, babe. You just don't like that I am critiquing said plot for having two dimensional cartoon villains and an asinine moral.
>>
>>80296490
Of course, which is why the Alien franchise was a flop
>>
>>80284027
Is Origins even Canon? I mean, the movie fucked up the whole X-Men 2 background, there is no way it is Canon.
>>
>>80297402
1980s strong women are very different to 2017 stronk womyn characters, and you know this. Compare Linda Hamilton in Terminator to Kelly C in Genisys.
>>
>>80297440
Doesn't preclude the possibility of good strong female characters existing in the 2010s
>>
>>80297423
I had this discussion with a friend after watching Logan and we arrived at the conclusion that Origins is nebulously canon.

Bits and pieces of Origins get referenced (e.g. the adamantium bullet) while other bits are discarded completely.
>>
>>80297440
They really are, they're no longer stronk womyn they're strongk effeminate womyn (i.e. characters made to appeal to women), which just makes them come across as extremely forced and unbelievable
>>
>>80294352
Spitzer vs cross-cut
>>
>>80287908
This article is old. Jackman already said in January that Logan is its own timeline.
>>
>>80286941
>breh they already fought like 10 times in each movie

Once in 2000
Once in 2009
>>
>>80297115
if you took a minute to examine marvel with a critical eye you'd realize all this all-inclusive material is just hollow virtue signalling.

I could point to lots of things but this is the most indicative.

NONE of Marvel's writers have had any of their favorite characters be revealed as queer or anything. it's always the characters they don't give a shit about.

Who does Bendis make gay? Miles? Jessica Jones? No. He actually likes them and would loathe they be anything but straight. Bobby, the least popular of the 05.

if Marvel was half as progressive as it pretends to be Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew would have been romantically involved by now, Deadpool would have canonically banged at least one dude, War Machine would have a sidekick from papa new guinea. Mystique would be retconned to Nightcrawler's father after all.

Marvel always goes for the most conservative option when trying to appear progressive
>>
>>80285922
>Also, a flashback scene would've been cool I think. But maybe it's best they left it out. Wish they'd actually shot it though. I'd watch an extended cut for it.

stopthismeme
>>
File: 1482605974575.jpg (147KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482605974575.jpg
147KB, 720x960px
>>80297754
>this entire post

hahhahaa dude fuck off back to /co/mblr you fucking poz
>>
>>80286884
There's a webm of Russian soldiers gunning down a bunch of captured Muslims in front of a concrete wall with what looks like a light machine gun fired from the hip in full auto mode.
>>
File: 20170311_061029.jpg (107KB, 643x247px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_061029.jpg
107KB, 643x247px
Now that Hugh Jackman is done with Wolverine maybe we can see him play Jason Voorhees. After all that's why he became an actor.
>>
>>80297754
I genuinely can't believe people can look at all the blackwashing in Marvel IP and still try to act all oppressed about it. Fucking hell go kill yourself
>>
Why didn't the mutants trained as elite soldiers who can easily wipe out human soldiers not wipe out the human soldiers who went after them but relied on Logan, who is arguably weaker than them?
>>
>>80295629
600 People were paralyzed, so I guess they're either dead or still in some hospital rotting away.
>>
>>80286431
no
>>
>>80296425

Most of the world doesn't care about Trump, but you are right in the sense that anti-Trumpism is the prevailent consensus. News outlets aren't looking for an objective report on current events, they're just looking to preach to the choir to hold onto the people that still bother with news channels.
>>
>>80296825

He's right though, but I enjoyed the film anyway.
>>
>>80297972
it was like they were regular kids playing tag

only like 1 of them bothered fighting back
>>
>>80283977
Odds that X-24 will regrow his brain with amnesia and become the new "Wolverine"?
>>
>>80288858
He says he's a newborn and that the injection will make him stronger, but the latter applies to all other fucking mutants and the former has no connection to his Powers implied or explicit.

Stop being such a cunt.
>>
Isn't giving an adamanium skeleton to a toddler kinda stupid? It's not going to grow up with her like a regular skeleton. She'll have that tiny skeleton forever.
>>
>>80299076
Yes that would be stupid, that's why she doesn't have an adamantium skeleton.
>>
>>80299110
What does she have?
>>
>>80299110
What does she have then? I only played her in MvC3 never read her comics.
>>
>>80294148

He doesn't care one way or another, he was working with Stryker abducting mutants, he just likes killing people.
>>
>>80294887
>Hugh Jackman being X-24 was executed properly

I got legit horrified during the farmhouse scene, his performance/depiction is what the last 3 faggy Terminator movies should have been like.

Just an unstoppable killing machine that tears innocent people apart and puts the fear of god into even the hardest bastards.
>>
File: Wolverine gunboat.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine gunboat.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>>80296966

It was top fun.
>>
>>80299163
>>80299169
Adamantium claws only, the rest of her is normal but she's got a fast healing factor
>>
>>80299732
A headshot even from a normal bullet should kill her then?
>>
>>80299779
A bullet to the brain might, but just getting shot she immediately heals from.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.