[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 41

File: regeneration.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
regeneration.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
he's a-comin edition

last thread >>79940280
>>
>>79961580
Has he written the Hanukkah Special yet?
>>
>>79961583
You are being sarcastic, right?
>>
The Flood is the big bad of Series 10. They are in episode 1 and 10-12.
>>
>>79961708
no. in the episode 9 seeing a dalek is supposed to be a surprise because he thinks they're dead but the title literally ruins it.
>>
>>79961708
Meglos is the worst title - way to ruin the surprise

>>79961740
And not the Ice Warrior episode? lol ok
>>
>>79961742
For Hell Bent, since we're discussing it? My suggest would be something like "Gallifreyan Rites"
>>
>>79961746
It's definitely not supposed to be a surprise. They put the Dalek in the episode's preview and I doubt Shearman expected them to not advertise the return of the Daleks.
>>
>>79961746
That's not... no... no don't be stupid ffs

The whole point of it being called "Dalek" is because when they released the titles, holy shit that was the one to keep bums on seats

We're not at all meant to be surprised at the Dalek. 9 is. The audience isn't.
>>
>>79961781
Then people would've been even more pissed at the lack of a proper Gallifrey story.
>>
>>79961625
Ngl, I like 'Heaven Sent' as a title but what's it meant to mean? It sounds cool, but... I'm not sure it's the best title for that particular story. (Altho I'm actually not sure what title would fit it. Very tricky!)

>>79961851
Fair. In an ideal world, I'd have done more with Gallifrey. But I like the symbolism my title has, as opposed to a descriptor of an emotion being the title. Like with "Listen", you may as well have just called the S9 finale "Angry"
>>
>>79961851
Since it was mostly about Clara - and her getting a TARDIS and all that jazz - they could've just called it "The Impossible Girl". Would've been fitting for her, in the same way an Amy-centric episode was called "The Girl Who Waited"
>>
>>79961898
Heaven Sent should've been called The Groundhog Redemption.
>>
File: MoffatsFaceWhenHeErasesYou.png (66KB, 277x262px) Image search: [Google]
MoffatsFaceWhenHeErasesYou.png
66KB, 277x262px
>>79961781
>Gallifreyan Rites
literally has nothing to do with the episode though...
>>
>>79961963
How about "Groundhog Day of the Doctor"

>>79961981
Okay then...
>>
>>79961981
not the guy who suggested it but ... not sure if you know the definition of 'rites' (as in a rite of passage), plus its set partly on Gallifrey (which also acts as a hook to draw people in). What more do you want m8
>>
how are you fellas doing tonight?
>>
Moff wrote that finale, liked the idea of heaven and hell, came up with Heaven Sent and then went 'holy shit the doctor is hell bent on revenge' and thus the titles were born

Still shit, more so when Death in Heaven was a fucking title the year before
>>
>>79961781
Why? There aren't any rites in it that I recall.

>>79961898
>Ngl, I like 'Heaven Sent' as a title but what's it meant to mean?
You got me, I don't know. Maybe it refers to the Doctor's cycle of death and rebirth? But Heaven Sent and Hell Bent definitely sound cool together so if you're willing to let the vagueness of "Heaven Sent" slide then I don't see the problem with "Hell Bent."

>you may as well have just called the S9 finale "Angry"
But angry isn't a cool sounding phrase, while hell bent is.

>>79961963
kek
>>
>>79962101
Fair enough. I just think Hell Bent is a bit shit. As I said, I think most one or two word titles (esp. descriptors) are just a bit meh, is all.
>>
>>79962130
Deep Breath
Dark Water
The Snowmen
Hell Bent
Listen
The Lodger / The Caretaker
Hide

None of them really wow me or make me excited about the episodes
>>
>>79962130
Time for bed, Gareth.
>>
talking about rubbish titles and nobody mentioned class yet

For Tonight We Might Die
Co-Owner of a Lonely Heart
Brave-ish Heart
The Metaphysical Engine, or What Quill Did
>>
>>79962159
Moffat used to have GOAT titles. They're so shitty now.

>>79962210
Those ____ (or ____) titles are so silly and pretentious.
>>
>>79962210
Don't forget The Cooch with the Dragon Tattoo. What was Ness thinking?
>>
>>79962238
The Hero of New York, or What Nardole Did
>>
>>79962101
>>79961898
Hello. "Heaven Sent" means something happening at the right moment. The Doctor was able to go to Gallifrey and used it as an opportunity to try and save Clara.

>>79962159
I'll Snowmen was probably one of my weaker ones but I object to some of the others. Dark Water was pretty clever I thought.
>>
>>79962256
Tbf, Moffat's also guilty of ripping other titles too

The Snowmen
A Christmas Carol
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Journey to the Centre... (not Moff but approved by)
etc.
>>
>>79962066
It's just a bit okay, really.
>>
>>79962270
I meant "I'll admit" not "I'll Snowmen"

>>79962288
>ripping
They are homages good sir.
>>
>>79962270
Ah, so basically Heaven Sent could be used for practically any and every Doctor Who story ever.
>>
>>79962306
Hey Mark. Remember when we told the fans there was going to be a Sleep No More 2? HAHA!

>>79962327
No?
>>
>>79962315
>They are homages good sir.
By Steven Moffat? I'll stick to 'lazy rip offs'
See also Dinosaurs on a Spaceship (which was a Moff-invented title)

>>79962348
Yes
>>
File: _9gJol6K.jpg (85KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
_9gJol6K.jpg
85KB, 1000x562px
ICONIC
>>
>>79962210
>The Metaphysical Engine, or What Quill Did
That the best one tho. Replace is with The Coach With the Dragon Tattoo or The Lost.

>>79962288
But those are all at least tangentially related/similar to the stories whose names they're referencing. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is just a random YA book afaik.
>>
>>79962399
Good god, The Lost is shit.

One of the books was also called 'What She Does Next Will Astound You' jfc
>>
What's everyone's favourite Doctor Who quote? Mine:

"River Song came twice." - the Eleventh Doctor
>>
File: 13th Doctor.png (231KB, 349x418px) Image search: [Google]
13th Doctor.png
231KB, 349x418px
The Doctor: It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for.

Bill: He was the Doctor all the time!
>>
>>79962452
Lucasgopolis
>>
>>79962437
"I blew my timelord load right up Clara's cunt and she thanked me for it like a good slut" - Twelve

Dunno what mof was thinking desu
>>
>>79962452
Haha! You're actually not far off from what were planning with Nardole.
I think you'll enjoy it. Surprises in store. I must go now though, working on finale. See you chaps later.
>>
IMO the worst title of all is The Doctor's Daughter because it's a fucking lie.
>>
>>79961708
Why does everyone care about titles so much? JNT had some great titles, but almost always for shit episodes. Before him, the titles always sucked (except for a few from the early years, when they got to come up with the titles years after the fact). Does that mean JNT made Doctor Who better?

Oooooh, it's going to be deadly, or doomed, or evil:
>The Seeds of Death
>The Seeds of Doom
>Planet of Evil
>The Face of Evil
>City of Death
>The Green Death

It's sci-fi because it's in space!
>Colony in Space
>Frontier in Space
>The Wheel in Space

Get hype for The Generic Descriptions:
>The Ice Warriors
>The Dominators
>The Sea Devils
>Doctor Who and the Silurians
>The Krotons

To avoid spoiling anything, here's a title that sounds cool but means nothing:
>The Armageddon Factor
>The Invasion of Time

And, combining most of the above into one:
>The Deadly Assassin
>>
>>79962496
Come back to bed, Steve.
>>
>>79962511
>>79962509
that time Planet of the Daleks wasn't even about Skaro

fuckin liars
>>
>>79962511
>Before him, the titles always sucked (except for a few from the early years, when they got to come up with the titles years after the fact)
>implying the episode titles aren't better than the serial titles
>implying the Hartnell era titles aren't GOAT
>>
>>79962511
>JNT had some great titles
How many did JNT himself come up with?

Erm, zero?

Okay, maybe two. Maybe. "Dimensions in Time" (I think he wanted 3Dimensions in Time) and "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy" was his title)
>>
WHEN WILL THEY CONFIRM THE SERIES 10 TITLES FFS

I think they released the S9 list about a week before the series began airing IIRC
>>
Does anyone know what the revelation is in Revelation of the Daleks?
>>
>>79962587
>>implying the episode titles aren't better than the serial titles
Well, it was nice that they came up with things like "The Forest of Fear" because they hadn't yet realized it's supposed to be "The Forest of Death".

But Terry Nation fixed that pretty quick. Once he'd used up all the generic names like "The Escape" and "The Ordeal", he gave us stuff like "The Sea of Death" and "Sentence of Death", setting the tone for the next 25 years.
>>
>>79962651
That Davros is making new Daleks out of dead bodies?

That Colin Baker finally gets a decent story?
>>
>>79962675
worth remembering the Hartnell titles were literally just descriptions. they weren't ever made to be reshown or released on DVD or archived by the internet or even cared about.
>>
the long game was actually pretty clever
bravo RTD
>>
remember that time they made a fucking MOVIE of doctor who and the producers/writers didn't even THINK to give it a title

only years later when asked, the writer went "oh, erm, how about enemy within will that do? ok bye"
>>
When I was a kid I thought they called the episode "Boom Town" because Blaine wanted to blow up Cardiff. When I found out it was a real word with a definition I was confused. I still don't understand what the title has to do with the episode.
>>
>>79962836
"A boomtown is a community that undergoes sudden and rapid population and economic growth"

Probably links to the Cardiff nuclear power station project, and how Blaine is making Cardiff into a powerhouse, etc
>>
>>79962767
tbf it was meant to be like a pilot for american audiences
>>
>>79962620
>How many did JNT himself come up with?
Directly, a few of them, but mainly it's the fact that he often made the writers, or Bidmead or Saward, change the titles if he didn't like them, because he thought the titles were the most important thing in the universe (after counting how many old monsters or characters came back or at least got mentioned, of course).

For example, while Bidmead and Moffat were fighting over the actual story and themes of "The Vampire Mutation", JNT didn't care about any of that shit and just kept insisting on new titles. Once they came up with a title he liked, "State of Decay", he told them to stop arguing and just shoot the latest script. When Moffat refused and tried to quit, JNT told him he could film whichever draft he wanted as long as used the new name.
>>
Valeyard is the big bad in series 10. It's Meta-Crisis 10. Tennant will be on set this week.
>>
>>79962868

that, and the double meaning of Margaret wanting to explode Cardiff (like any right thinking person does) and ride the explosion of a space surfboard
>>
>>79962981
It still upsets me to this day that Gatiss wrote:

ELEVENTH DOCTOR: "TARDIS bang bang, Daleks boom!"

and he didn't call the episode that :(
>>
Gareth is the big bad in series 10. It's a meta-crisis penis. Roberts will be on set this week.
>>
Chibnall is the big bad in series 10. It's a meta-crisis showrunner. Colman will be on set this week.
>>
How is my taste in Doctors /who/ ?

1.Capaldi
2.Eccleston
3.McCoy
4.McGann
5.Smith
6.Pertwee
7.Tom
8. Tennant
9. Colin
10.Patrick
11.Hartnell
12.Davidson
>>
>>79963088
>>79963088
Dubs Confirm!
>>
>>79962714
>worth remembering the Hartnell titles were literally just descriptions. they weren't ever made to be reshown or released on DVD or archived by the internet or even cared about.
Yes. To the writers, titles didn't matter, except to help the crew remember which one is which.

Which is fine with me. I don't really see the need for titles that either scream "X IS BACK GET HYPE" ("Revenge of the Cybermen") or "This One Is Super Deep You Guys" ("State of Decay"). Does anyone really decide which episodes to watch based on the title, either week by week or when going back over the classic stories decades later on Netflix? No. So just give me titles that help me remember which story is which, and I don't care beyond that. Lambert and Whitaker were right.
>>
>>79963104
>11.Hartnell
Pretty shit, my dear boy
>>
>>79963142
>So just give me titles that help me remember which story is which
Ironic, given the amount of extremely interchangeable titles Doctor Who has had over the years!
>>
Only 46 days until series 10!
>>
>>79963104
There's nobody you can get away with putting in the bottom 5 and not get called a pleb, except Tennant. That's why nobody makes a list.

Hartnell in the bottom 5 means you only like Le Wacky.

Troughton in the bottom 5 means you're too ADD to deal with recons.

Davison in the bottom 5 means you're to shallow to understand real acting.

Colin in the bottom 5 means you're not a big enough fan to listen to all of Big Finish.

And so on for each Doctor.
>>
>>79963039

>tfw The Big Bang wasn't called 'You Are Late For My Wedding-Ah!'
>>
>>79963241

>Series 2 Episode 10 Love & Monsters by Russell T Davies
>Not Series 2 Episode 10 But It's About To Get Hotter!! by Russell T Davies
>>
Missy is in 5 episodes.
>>
>>79962981

>and ride the explosion of a space surfboard

man i fucking love this show
>>
>>79963241
The Weddingah of River Songah
>>
Remember when we were told Capaldi would have a darker approach and they just gave us an older 11
Remember when we were told the old spirit of the show was present again and they shat all over our faces
There's no hope
>>
>>79963192
>Ironic, given the amount of extremely interchangeable titles Doctor Who has had over the years!
Not so ironic; I'm complaining about the titles for failing at that, not praising them for doing it well.

People who demand deep and/or exciting titles are responsible for ruining Doctor Who forever. They're rarely going to succeed at being deep and/or exciting, but they're usually going to succeed at making it hard to remember which story is which.
>>
BEST AND WORST TITLES FOR EACH DOCTOR
>An Unearthly Child
Sounds spooky, creates intrigue.

>The Smugglers
Boring. And why the fuck didn't they call it The Pirates? That sounds way more interesting.

>The Mind Robber
Ooh, what's that about? I wonder.

>The Invasion
Seriously?

>The Ambassadors of Death
Something that's supposed to be peaceful being "of Death" is a nice contrast.

>Colony in Space
It literally isn't in space.

>The Deadly Assassin
Rightly mocked by The Curse of Fatal Death.

>Horror of Fang Rock
2spooky

>Enlightenment
A rare name that actually has some thematic resonance with the episode.

>Kinda
Because everyone mispronounces it the first time.

>The Two Doctors
The only title that can actually create any hype in season 22.

>Revelation of the Daleks
Oh boy, another "of the Daleks."

>Ghost Light
very spook

>Time and the Rani
Yeah those were both things in the episode.

>The Chimes of Midnight
Sounds very poetic.

>Doctor Who
They didn't even give the TV movie a name that would distinguish it from the rest of the franchise.

>The End of the World
What a way to create hype for the second episode.

>Boom Town
Kind of cheesy.

>The Girl in the Fireplace
Sounds cool, makes you wonder what it's about.

>The Doctor's Daughter
LIES

>The God Complex
heh, double meaning.

>The Power of Three
Just for the title-dropping pun at the end. That was a shitty double meaning.

>The Woman Who Lived
All the pairs in series 9 are pretty good but I think this one is the best play on the episode before it and calls back to Amy.

>Robot of Sherwood
Didn't even make sense with the version that aired. Who was the robot? There were robots, but no individual ones that stood out.
>>
Final two episodes of series 10 will be called 'Wibbly Wobbly' and 'Timey Wimey'

Screenshot this
>>
>>79963369
>People who demand deep and/or exciting titles are responsible for ruining Doctor Who forever.
kek
>>
>>79963376

it's the kind of stunt moffat would pull
>>
>>79963376
I hope his finale, Xmas 2017, is called GERONIMO!!! in all caps with 3 exclamation marks
>>
>>79963517

it should be called The Twelfth Hour!!? with all punctuation included
>>
>>79963563
Twelfth Night!!!!!!!
>>
>>79963372
>Time and the Rani
This one is kind of decent. Like Death to the Daleks, just breaking the usual "(The) X of Y" pattern for returning-villain stories is enough to make it stand out.

My least favorite McCoy title is "Remembrance of the Daleks". I mean, it's obvious they wanted a third "Re-something of the Daleks" to continue their years-spanning Dalek Civil War arc, and didn't want to use "Revenge" or "Return", and on those grounds, it works. But why those grounds? Did anyone really think the Dalek Civil War story was as something people would, or should, get hype for the next installment in three years later?
>>
>>79963616
Remembrance is thematically nice, since its the 25th anniversary year too, I guess
>>
>>79963616
I like Remembrance though because it doesn't sound like something would be of the Daleks. But desu I think all the McCoy titles are at least okay.
>>
>>79963738
Cat Flap > Survival
>>
>>79962392
...ly shit.
>>
>>79963697
>Member the Daleks?
>Yeah, I member.
>Member when Doctor Who was good?
>Yeah, I member.
>Member that Doctor Who is still on the air?
>Oh, I didn't member that. Really?

But yeah, I agree with I think you, and also the other two anons, that the McCoy titles are generally the best of the classic series. Either Cartmel figured out pretty fast how to make JNT happy with the titles, or JNT just wanted out at that point and didn't care anymore.

And good titles did nothing to stop the show from being canceled, showing how important they are.
>>
>>79963811
McCoy also had some decent working titles too: The Crooked Smile and Flight of the Chimeron spring to mind as pretty good.

Strange Matter, too, and Wolf Time / The Wolves of Fenric.
>>
>>79963293
How many are cameos?
>>
>>79963600

Series 10 Episode 13 - 'Twelfth Night!!!! ;) *nudge nudge* geddit??' - Written by Steven Moffat
>>
>>79963864
Seven.
>>
>>79963885
Imagine if he called his last episode: "The Next Era Will Be Crap"
>>
>>79963852

battlefield's original name was something like Storm Over Avalon which is awesome
>>
>>79963918
>Day of the Chinballs
>>
>>79963947
Should've called it The Two Brigadiers
>>
>>79963918

"Haha Why Does He Have Balls On His Chin???"
>>
>>79963968

that'd be Inferno
>>
>>79964000
or Mawdryn Undead
>>
>>79964053

nah the alt name for that serial is 'Haha Lads Check Out Me Brain Hangin Out Me Old Head Nuts Eh'
>>
>>79964285
'Hi, I'm Turlough And I'm Gunna Proper Bash Dr Oo's 'Ead In Wi' This Rock'
>>
>>79964363

'Kinda, Or The One Where Tegan Has Mind-Sex With A Big Snake'
>>
>>79964612
Terminus's original title was "Nyssa Gets Her Kit Off (But It's Not as Exciting as You're Expecting Because She Wears, Like, a Ton of Underwear)".
>>
>>79963104
>How is my taste in Doctors /who/ ?
Shit. Very shit.
>>
>>79964688
I fucking love Terminus. What's wrong with me?
>>
>>79964779
>I fucking love Terminus. What's wrong with me?
Absolutely nothing. There are websites for people with a fetish for women in excessive layers of underwear, and who are we to judge you for visiting them?

(Also, there's a pretty decent story scattered around Nyssa's stripping, but never mind that part; obviously nobody watches Doctor Who for the story.)
>>
Why did the Doctor marry River on that pyramid?
>>
>>79965336
For a healthy marriage. The top of the food pyramid is always the healthiest.
>>
>>79965336
To make it like he was telling her his name but really to get her to look into his eye without Amy and Rory knowing that he had a plan.

Or maybe he just properly really wanted to marry her. She's hot.
>>
The Who Addicts don't think Missy feels like the Master (I wonder why) but they love the flying hoodie-wearing lightning bolt-shooting people-eating skeletor Master. Really makes you think.
>>
>>79965993
Seriously why do so many /who/ers watch all these shit YouTube reviewers? Absolutely masochistic
>>
Are they right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZPNIaHfXC8
>>
>>79966095
not that anon but I like to laugh at them
i'll never forget when I watched mrtardisreviews hell bent review and he complained how during series 8 "they promoted on the promotional posters that the doctor was going on a search for gallifrey" and then complained how it was "dropped" that was literally never a thing ever. no idea what was he was talking about.
>>
>>79966302
Eccleston
Tennant
Capaldi
Smith
>>
>>79966374
In fact I think I remember Moffat saying the search for Gallifrey could go on for the next 50 years so I was surprised he brought them back in series 9
>>
>>79966607
yeah same.
>>
>>79965336
Cos marrying it in an aborted timeline gives you grounds for annulment
>>
File: sabalom, sabalom.jpg (71KB, 309x227px) Image search: [Google]
sabalom, sabalom.jpg
71KB, 309x227px
Was Glitz gay?
>Treats women like shit
>In Dragonfire, he's constantly telling the girls to stay behind and he's always giddy on going off alone with the Doctor
>Fucked Ace in her tight little Nitro-place (probably just to save face) but doesn't seem interested or even bothered when she fucks off with the Doctor
>Eventually abandons Mel too

also he talks like a queer
>>
>>79966873
>>Treats women like shit
>>Fucked Ace in her tight little Nitro-place but doesn't seem interested or even bothered when she fucks off with the Doctor
>>Eventually abandons Mel too

>these are signs of being gay
Anon how naive are you?
>>
File: wot.png (324KB, 462x283px) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
324KB, 462x283px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUENCZDYfw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLByoeP_Q8g
>>
4 sings to a cyberman!??!

https://twitter.com/pussellrarker/status/761354234830942208
>>
>>79966938
actually a pretty GOAT interview clip, thanks!
>>
Tennant is the Kino Doctor.
>>
>>79966938
That porn stache tho!
>>
>>79967038
nowhere near as good as https://youtu.be/MYFy5-bFhxE?t=79
>>
>>79968736
>that baby cibber
kek
>>
>>79969575
Cybertot
>>
Have you seen the new Broadchurch?
What did you think of it?
Do you think Chibnall /who/ will be as boring?
>>
>>79962644
They always wait to the last second.
I think one season didn't have the last few episode titles revealed until when the season was already airing (may have been series 5)
>>
>>79962680
>That Colin Baker finally gets a decent story?
One that he's barely in?
>>
Terror of the Zygons makes The Zygon Invasion/Inversion look like dogshit.
>>
File: Zygons.png (495KB, 624x531px) Image search: [Google]
Zygons.png
495KB, 624x531px
>>79970701
Och aye
>>
>>79970701
They're completely different stories with almost nothing in common except they both have Zygons in. That's like saying Invasion of Time makes The Sontaran Stratagem look like shit.
>>
File: 1386353820813.png (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1386353820813.png
11KB, 400x300px
Don't forget to visit your friends from /lbg/>>79949859
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 300x168px
>>79971542
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
STOP SPAMMING HERE YOU FUCKING FUCK. I'M SICK OF YOU GET LOST YOU FUCKING SHITFACED CUNT!
>>
>>79971542
Dubs confirm Karma will come to this spammer.
>>
Fuck Torchwood.
>>
>>79966938
>joking about death threats
wew
>>
>>79961746
>>79961812
The Dalek was in the preview, and was revealed quite literally within the first 5-10 minutes. It was NEVER meant to be a surprise.

Plus the first time we learned anything that happened to the Daleks between Doctors 8 and 9 was DURING that very episode. So there's really only three reactions that the title could give:

>if you've always been a fan of Doctor Who
Wow, we're finally seeing the Daleks in the new show? Cool!

>if you're a new fan of Doctor Who and know nothing about it
"Dalek"? I wonder what that means.

>if you're a new fan of Doctor Who but you've known some stuff about it
"Dalek"? Isn't that the name of the robot thing? I wonder what it's like!
>>
File: David-tennant-mug.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
David-tennant-mug.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
mods are asleep post mugs
>>
As I type this I'm giving birth out of my anus onto a picture of John Barrowman.
>>
>>79971968
>if you're a new fan of Doctor Who but you've known some stuff about it
Especially this one. That first year, RTD was very definitely writing for the British audience, not international. And even during the wilderness years, everyone in the UK knew who the Daleks were by age 8, but nobody was actually a fan of the show except the 20 people who hung out down the Tavern (and half of them were writing for him).

So, it was a perfect title for everyone who watched the first episode and thought "I thought this was that show about the Darleks, innit? Where are they?"
>>
>>79972145
same
>>
>>79966996
Crack-er-jack!

Sorry, everyone not old enough or not British enough can get back to their thread now.
>>
File: Cf7lKSVVIAItO0f.jpg (38KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
Cf7lKSVVIAItO0f.jpg
38KB, 600x302px
>>79972028
>>
>>79972257
It's 4:46am in the UK.
>>
File: LWD.jpg (42KB, 560x279px) Image search: [Google]
LWD.jpg
42KB, 560x279px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>79972338
Rory has a tiny clitoris.
>>
>>79972308
>It's 4:46am in the UK.
Just in time for the earlybird brekkie, if you have your OAP card.
>>
>>79965336
Pyramid scheme
>>
>>79972338
haha penis lol
>>
>>79972544
mmm, penis
>>
>>79972464
You missed your chance to say "It's five to five", you are no true Crackerjack fan.

>>79972338
From the look of this telesnap, Matt Smith would actually work pretty well in Loose Cannon recons. Can we get the BBC to wipe the tapes and see?
>>
What did they mean by this?
https://youtu.be/tWdgAMYjYSs
>>
File: 13th Doctor.jpg (19KB, 300x531px) Image search: [Google]
13th Doctor.jpg
19KB, 300x531px
Next Doctor spoiler.
>>
>>79973462
spam aisle, again. don't bother looking
>>
>>79965336
>Why did the Doctor marry River on that pyramid?

To pacify her and show her that he was in the Teselecta and wouldn't die if she shot him, so she'd restart time again. Also, he knew he'd have to do it eventually anyway and that was as good a time as any.
>>
File: 1482590322365.jpg (16KB, 157x237px) Image search: [Google]
1482590322365.jpg
16KB, 157x237px
Couldn't very well keep calling myself Gareth now could I?
>>
>>79966938
>Cancelled a year later
>>
why is there no /who/ wiki article about the cruises?
>>
File: bump.gif (1013KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
1013KB, 245x235px
>>
File: 1481065551610.jpg (337KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1481065551610.jpg
337KB, 1280x1483px
Zippy English charm and wit. Sophistication!
>>
File: 1488440929132.jpg (89KB, 648x602px) Image search: [Google]
1488440929132.jpg
89KB, 648x602px
>>
>>79976847
What was the original?
>>
GOAT
>>
>>79978040
I this real? I can only recognise one of the monsters. Why do BF do this
>>
>>79978040
>witches from shakespeare episode
>racnoss
>two skeletons

???
>>
>>79978069
>>79978092
Racnoss
Carrionites
2 Vashta Nerada stories
>>
>>79978162
Vashta Nerada was my guess but are they really doing two stories with the one monster? Because that's a bit disappointing
>>
Does anyone have Big Finish's last addition to John Hurts War Doctor? I need it for a project I am working on.
>>
File: 1443540179485.jpg (469KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1443540179485.jpg
469KB, 2048x1365px
I really think Big Finish would benefit from having a new Executive Producer, or whatever they call it over there. The last couple of years seems like they're getting a bit stagnant, with their obsession with boxsets and new series content, no matter how obscure or uninteresting it is. They're not taking risks or doing anything surprising
>>
>>79978326
>lightning bolt 's'
>>
>>79978351
Are you just pointing this out or is there some deeper meaning afoot?
>>
>>79978428
it's odd
>>
>>79978258
I uploaded my copy a few threads ago.
>>
What would happen if vashta nerada got inside a cyberman suit?

like a hybrid
>>
>>79978781
who cares?
>>
Why Carrionites and Racnoss though. I'm sure theres better monsters they could use
>>
>>79979245
Carrionites are from the best Doctor Who story ever though
>>
>>79979262
"HA GOOD OL J.K !"

That line will never make me not cringe
>>
>>79979429
JK is only half of those things
>>
>>79978781
They'd eat all the organic matter inside the suit, so you'd just have a skeleton (Classic) or a skull (NuWho) inside a suit.

A better question is, what happens when the Vashta Nerada get inside a Dalek casing?

The Dalek kills love and creates hate; the Vashta Nerada doesn't give a shit. Love, hate, whatever you got, it all tastes like squishy mutant, and it's all getting eaten.
>>
>>79979262
The best part is that Gareth thought he was writing an homage to Shakespeare, and only after he saw it did he realize that he'd written a gay man's fear of watching the Carry On movies with his mates and having to pretend he likes tits.
>>
>>79979798
t.b.h they should do a vashta nerada story with tenth planet cybermen.

would be creepy
>>
>>79978567
Could you release the URL again for me or you want me to digg into the old threads? We're talking about part four, casualties of war, Right?
>>
>>79963322
Remember when they said capaldis first series was gonna be like toms?
>>
>>79963322
but they had a base under siege episode
>>
>>79972656
>From the look of this telesnap, Matt Smith would actually work pretty well in Loose Cannon recons. Can we get the BBC to wipe the tapes and see?
What's happened to the telesnaps of episodes that survived?
>>
>>79979945
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/79864796/#79897457
>>
When will they make the spin off about the Inferno Earth Doctor called 'Dictator Who'?
>>
>>79980591
>Inferno Earth Doctor
non-canon
>>
File: Lod-1.jpg (125KB, 539x365px) Image search: [Google]
Lod-1.jpg
125KB, 539x365px
>>79963322
>shat all over our faces
>>
>>79978326
What was the purpose of the chalk board?
It was used quite a bit in Capaldi's first series and then all but dropped in his second
>>
>>79980721
It was in the last 2 eps
>>
>>79980721
Was it him trying to find gallifrey via calculations?
>>
File: gatiss-cake.gif (366KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gatiss-cake.gif
366KB, 500x281px
>>79975071
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 596x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 596x576px
She became Krillitane shit
>>
https://twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/837271080247119872
>>
>>79980871
>second degree assault charges
>resisting arrest
>police use force to subdue him
what was the issue here?
>>
>>79980985
Exactly.
>>
>>79981158
One of the two cops was a black woman so I fail to see how it could be a race thing either
>>
>>79981171
>implying black people can't be racist against black people
That's racist.
>>
>>79980985
I think the issue is that the police officers were punching the kid.

Aren't police in America taught arrest and physical control tactics?
>>
>>79971492
Zygon Inversion doesn't have Zygons in. It has ISIS in angry rubber costumes.
>>
>>79981264
Isn't punching the kid a physical control tactic?
>>
File: C56VG_7WYAAprO0.jpg (265KB, 935x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C56VG_7WYAAprO0.jpg
265KB, 935x1200px
>>
>>79981295
*sigh*

No.
>>
>invented Cuddlesomes after some Chads broke into his room and made fun of him for having a bear
>called out stacies for being sluts with no morals
Is Ronald Turvey /ourguy/?
>>
>>79981336
rip
>>
>>79981465
no
>>
File: 1480913728394.png (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480913728394.png
58KB, 300x300px
>>79981465
>As a child, Turvey had a teddy bear named Mr Cuddles.
I suppose if you're a pedo.
>>
https://twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/820775548012130304

So what really happened with him and Moffat?
>>
>>79961580
Doctor who is fucking garbage.
It can tell any story in all of time and space and it always ends up a shitty looking celebration of mediocrity.
It's a predictable, safe formulaic children's show where the Le wacky man saves the day with some 'witty' banter and a 'clever' scheme.
The Doctor never goes anywhere in his development, just going from dark to light or dark to light depending on the incarnation.
It has no love for science or history, it just boils everything down for lowest common denominator. It's a waste of time and effort,
why don't you losers mature and watch some grown up television for a change.
You shouldn't watch doctor who unless it's with your own children but I really don't want you plebs procreating.
>>
>>79981919
jesus christ, what is wrong with gareth? why's he so sensitive? this guy says something about him being sacked and he immediately starts calling him a fuck-wit, and a twat, and autistic (wtf?)

if it's this easy to get gareth to @ you, I'm surprised people from /who/ haven't fucked with him
>>
>>79982002
Gareth is not in the wrong here.
>>
>>79981974
How new?
>>
>>79981919
Truly /ourgareth/
>>
>>79981919
THAT'S GARETH!!!
>>
>>79982099
>it's an "anon demonstrates how new he is by calling someone else new" post
>>
>you will never watch a Gareth episode for the first time ever again

feels bad man

garethon when?
>>
>>79982201
Oh cool. That new.
>>
File: HayleyAtwell.png (491KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
HayleyAtwell.png
491KB, 700x700px
Get voting /Who/ !

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/doctor-who-who-should-replace-peter-capaldi-13th-doctor/

(Hayley and Tilda currently joint favourites).
>>
>>79981919
>@ing someone you follow to tell them they're annoying you, and making wild suppositions, is rude, creepy and strange.
I disagree with Gareth on most topics, but he's right here.
>>
File: 1480420566322.png (2KB, 343x19px) Image search: [Google]
1480420566322.png
2KB, 343x19px
>>79981919
>>
Guy on facebook reckons he's got insider knowledge cos a friend works for the BBC. The Mirror stuff is all true, apparently.
>>
>>79982724
"The Mirror is always wrong!" is nothing more than a meme.

They've been right on literally everything.
>>
>>79982724
>insider knowledge cos a friend works for the BBC
lol
>>
File: BILLIE_CLOSE_UP.jpg (53KB, 313x400px) Image search: [Google]
BILLIE_CLOSE_UP.jpg
53KB, 313x400px
>>79982445
>I disagree with Gareth on most topics
>>
Spoilers for Series 11 from someone I know who works in the BBC kitchen who installed a spy camera into Chibnall's office.

Chibnall wants to appease both sides of the fandom - those against a female Doctor, and those for it.

So, he has come to a compromise. He is going to cast a male, but the series arc is the Doctor coming to terms with gender dysphoria. In other words, he presents as a man, but identifies as a woman.

I personally feel this is a really progressive step.
>>
>>79982888
ive heard they're cutting 2 willing actors in half, then welding them together to get a half female half male doctor
>>
>>79982743
>the BBC wanted him gone, they want a brand new Dr when Moffat left, start fresh.

>a chimpanzee with a typewriter could do better than the tripe Moffat has been churning out since he took over.

>I didn't read it in the mirror, It came from someone who works for the BBC. Capaldi was going this Xmas and the whole trying to convince him to stay was rubbish. DT was indeed asked to stay for series 5 but he admitted his Dr wouldn't work with what Moffat wanted to do to the show, little did we know then he'd ruin it completely. Nothing I have said isn't true, you may not agree but that doesn't alter the facts. Chibnall has a very hard job, not only trying to reverse the damage Moffat had done but introduce a new Dr aswell.

>they [BBC] wanted a new Dr when chibnall takes over, it's well known they want major changes to reverse the ratings decline.

>DT's last episodes got over 12 million viewers, and SCD gets those kind of ratings as did bake off. Popular programmes still get big ratings. I'm afraid nu who is simply no longer as popular and that's down to what Moffat has done to the show.

Some of this this guy's comments end up most liked.
>>
>>79982938
Does this insider have any exclusive information about how/why Gareth was erased?
>>
>>79982888
The next Doctor will be a gender fluid genius
>>
File: laughing capaldi.gif (1MB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
laughing capaldi.gif
1MB, 500x263px
>>79983001
I'll ask him!
>>
File: 1368197744173.jpg (99KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1368197744173.jpg
99KB, 500x375px
>>79982938
>little did we know then he'd ruin it completely
>>
File: argh.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
argh.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>79983056
Moff must've pissed off a lot of people for him to be so hated.
>>
Think they will increase security around the stars during filming for Series 11. Keep the crazies out as it were
>>
>>79983383
I think the only 'crazy' is the twin flames woman (and she'll have no interest in the show after Capaldi's gone). The rest are pretty harmless, albeit with autistic tendencies.
>>
>>79983496
I don't know. I think someone who brags that he touched someones shoulder is crazy.
As is someone who pushes past kids for his 50th autograph
As is someone who goes on a rant that some kid gets to go to the set and he doesn't
>>
First of all, shitty Capaldini shoop
Second, goddamn those eyes
>>
>>79980775
unnfff so hot *BRRRAAAPPP*
>>
>>79983748
So the red space suit has penetrated briggs finish too eh?
>>
>>79983037
Haha. He called me an idiot and asked what I'd been sniffing, which the FB mods have since deleted.

Gotta love FB.
>>
File: Starset_Band_Photo.jpg (96KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
Starset_Band_Photo.jpg
96KB, 980x653px
>>79983748
That image makes me think of pic related.
>>
File: 1455824692227.gif (4MB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455824692227.gif
4MB, 260x200px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/837270011957891077
>>
Moffat missed a trick...

A Christmas Carol
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
The Snowmen
The Time of the Doctor should have been Twelfth Night
Last Christmas
The Husbands of River Song should have been It's a Wonderful Wife
The Return of Doctor Mysterio should have been Fairytale of New York
>>
>>79978040
>Two volumes in
>Already scraping the bottom of the barrel
Aside from the Weeping Angels and the Ood, are there any other recurring NuWho monsters?
>>
The Doctor goes back to his Tardis and he's shocked: someone's there, inside. We don't see who but it's someone big enough to trigger this shock for the Doctor. He drops the sonic on the ground.

>TO BE CONTINUED
>>
Night of the Vashta Nerada by John Dorney

Funworld was set to be the happiest planet in the galaxy. A planet of joy, of euphoria, of laughter and delight. Except construction was marred by reports of a predator and then, a few days before opening, all communication ceased.

Owner Georgia Donnelly is desperate to open the resort and has hired Amanda Steele's crew to find out what happened on the planet. They're the best. But even they might not be up to the task.

Joined by the Doctor and being picked off one by one, they slowly start to realise that something terrifying lurks in the shadows.

Empire of the Racnoss by Scott Handcock

When a distress call rips the TARDIS from the Vortex, dragging it back through time, it arrives in the midst of a conflict between Gallifrey and an ancient foe.

The Doctor, as ever, wants to help, but in returning a wounded combatant home, he becomes further and further entangled in a web of deceit and recrimination. A web spun by an eight-legged Empress and her minions…

The Empire of the Racnoss is at war, and wherever he stands, the Doctor is on the wrong side.

The Carrionite Curse by Simon Guerrier

(Story details to follow)

Day of the Vashta Nerada by Matt Fitton

As the Time War rages, Cardinal Ollistra of Gallifrey seeks to create ever more dangerous weapons to deploy against the enemy.

When the Doctor stumbles across Synthesis Station, he discovers that the Time Lords have sponsored a project to weaponise already-lethal creatures. But in doing so, Eva Morrison and her team have unwittingly used a colony of Vashta Nerada with a very unfortunate history of humanoid contact.

The Doctor finds himself leading a desperate race for survival, in which the shadows may be the least of their worries…
>>
>>79984497
>As the Time War rages, Cardinal Ollistra of Gallifrey seeks to create ever more dangerous weapons to deploy against the enemy

If this leads into the initial resurrection of the Master, it will all be worth it
>>
>I never look for trouble!
>What a boring way to live!

Capaldi and Mackie are GOAT
>>
>>79984834
Wasn't that a line in the new Pirates trailer?
A Jack Sparrow-type Doctor might be interesting, thinking on it.
>>
>>79984497
>Simon Guerrier
Six will once again have the best story.
>>
>>79984911
Yup but this could definetely be a Doctor Who line, they're wtitten the same way. They're already the same character.
>>
>>79984969
Or, a more serious Doctor with a Jack Sparrow-esque companion.
>>
shit I didn't realize the Fisher King died recently
>>
Shite of the Vashta Nerada
>>
File: tits not big enough.png (836KB, 712x768px) Image search: [Google]
tits not big enough.png
836KB, 712x768px
You haven't forgotten, have you?
Just in case, a reminder.
>>
>>79985265
There will never be a serious Doctor ever, ever again.
>>
what note did the War Doctor's story end on

was there anything saying "In Memory of John Hurt" or "Dedicated to John Hurt"
>>
File: hayley.jpg (303KB, 1200x1802px) Image search: [Google]
hayley.jpg
303KB, 1200x1802px
>>79985460
>You haven't forgotten, have you?
Of course not.
>>
>>79985564
A crappy story where nothing much happened.

An anticlimax.
>>
It has begun...
>>
File: chibbers.png (168KB, 597x417px) Image search: [Google]
chibbers.png
168KB, 597x417px
>>79986274
Based chibnall

These people are so retarded they think Chibbers, a fan since a kid who even joined the fucking appreciation society, will make casting a woman his first act as show runner.

ahahahahahahaha
>>
>>79986393
This.
Chibbers is as hardcore as hardcore gets.
He's one of us.
Maybe he browses here.

>>79986274
It's gonna be Andrew Buchan or Kris Marshall.
>>
File: 20170302_175201.png (510KB, 1284x565px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_175201.png
510KB, 1284x565px
They're back. In male form. Girly Letters is gonna be so butthurt.
>>
>tfw Showrunner Roberts undoes the time lord gender-swap stuff
>Female Silurians erased through crack in time
>Based Sontarans return
>No more left-wing Zygon stories
>>
>>79986635
After female Time Lord now Moffat's doing male Weeping Angels? Based Moffat.
>>
>>79986635
>https://twitter.com/Pearlie_mack/status/837271080247119872

Wtf is this from? and male weeping angels?

fucking based.
>>
>>79986635
That's from resident evil.
>>
>>79986715
>Don't have a revolution, Zygons! Just sit down and talk with the people who won't let you exist on the planet unless you disguise yourself at all times!
>left wing
Mac Hulke would never have written that clusterfuck
>>
>>79987175
They wanted to murder all humans.
>>
Are we the balance /who/? I really hate most Whovians. I hate the ultra progressives fans and I hate the Ultra conservative fans both of them have manchild hissy fits. It's such a toxic fandom. /Who/ is great tho I feel there is a balance here.
>>
File: xIlr1Uk.png (12KB, 444x996px) Image search: [Google]
xIlr1Uk.png
12KB, 444x996px
>>79987670
>>
>>79987670
>Are we the balance /who/?
In that we have both kinds of shitty fans, yes.
>>
>>79987670
I agree. I for one wouldn't mind a black or asian doctor as long as they were good actors and doctory. But I would also love a white male to see cunts like Girly Letters freak out and cry sexism and racism and what ever other -ism they come up with
>>
>>79987670
Some dude on Gallifrey based made a post politely expressing his disappointment because there are so few Irish characters on the show Which is true., and the autistic's there threw the biggest tantrums I have ever seen. Just ignore Gallifrey base there is no balance there, it's filled with conservatives and liberals there is no middle ground.
>>
Dubs and the next doctor is a yucky white cis male
>>
>>79988258
How can you throw a fit over that. Are they pro irish or filthy prods?
>>
2157. Earth is now ruled by people with only one thing in mind: fun. In this brave new world, the only offense, liable to death, is to be bored. You cannot be bored, ever. But then comes the man in his blue box who gets bored so very easily...
>>
>>79988290
The conservative fans got angry at the dude for asking for better Irish representation so filthy prods kek.
>>
>>79988431
>2157
Does this take place during the Dalek invasion of Earth?
>>
>Doctor Who gets cancelled in 2019
>Wilderness Years 2 start
>Virgin Adventures return
>get yourself known by writing for it for a few years
>get noticed when Doctor Who comes back
>write one episode every year
>become showrunner once the former showrunner leaves

Think it through guys. This is in our best interest.
>>
>>79988518
After they fuck off. Earth has fallen into the hands of crazy guys who just want fun after the years of no fun allowed by the Daleks.
>>
>>79988694

If I ever write a Virgin Newer Adventure, I'll be sure to drop in a dank /who/ meme.
>>
Whats the main nationality of /who/? I assume we're mostly British and Irish with like one American?
>>
>>79988939

Mostly American with a few Brits on the last census we took.
>>
>>79988960
Time for another census lads.
>>
>>79988939
Oirish here
>>
>>79988939
Huemonkey here
>>
Ancient India and Ancient Ireland I really want to see episodes set there sometime.
>>
>>79988981
Made this once upon a time.
www.zeemaps com/map?group=1897930&location=NY%2C%20NY&add=1#
A strawpoll would probably work.
>>
>>79984361
Why?
>>
>>79988939
There's at least three French guys and one German.
Also I thnik that someone is from Brazil.
>>
>>79990246
>There's at least three French guys
And one of them quite edgy.
>>
>>79983383
Why do the actors give multiple autographs and selfies to the same people? They're asking for stalkers.
>>
>>79990680
Too nice for their own good, I expect.
>>
>>79990680
Give 50 autographs to the weird smelly ginger or risk upsetting a large group of the fanbase
>>
>>79991230
>large group of the fanbase
As in Adam Orford and about a dozen other people?
>>
Things endeth, yond's all. Ev'rything ends and t is at each moment depress'd, but ev'rything begins again too and yond's at each moment joyous. Beest joyous.
>>
Whos your favorite set stalker?
Its a hard choice for me. I love Adam for pure memeability and I think in a fight he'd be an unmovable object
>>
P'rsonally, i bethink yond's a hell of a bird.
>>
If 't be true thee bethink because the lady's dead, i am weak, then thee und'rstand v'ry dram. If 't be true thee w're any parteth of killing h'r and thou art not afraid, then thee und'rstand nothing at all. So, f'r thy owneth sake, und'rstand this. I'm the doct'r. I'm coming to findeth thee, and i shall nev'r, ev'r stand ho.
>>
What would you name your companion?

I'd go for Jazz.
>>
>>79991985
Really makes you think.
>>
>>79992147
Andrea Laford
>>
File: reeee.png (238KB, 633x850px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.png
238KB, 633x850px
why the FUCK did they reuse that 'for my next trick' clip of the ninth doctor in the 50th?

it makes no sense at all!
>>
>>79978195
I think the 4th Doctor encounters them, then at the start of the Time War the 8th Doctor deals with the aftermath of that 4th Doctor adventure. I think.
>>
>>79992261
>>79992261
>>79992261

NEW THREAD
TIME TO MIGRATE BOYS
>>
https://youtu.be/GQm0sPSxcls

Stories like these are the reason why Doctor Who exist
>>
>>79992147
Romanadvoratrelundar. Romana for short.
>>
>>79988939
One Peruvian guy, always watching, always lurking.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.