[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.avclub.com/article/bill- maher-isnt-just-politica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_2017-02-22-14-40-31.png (246KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-22-14-40-31.png
246KB, 540x960px
http://www.avclub.com/article/bill-maher-isnt-just-politically-incorrecthes-poli-250738

the AV Club is a dumb site run by media-school dropouts who write "critical analyses" not good enough for academics, and who somehow have it in their head that they are qualified to consistently discuss politics

whats your excuse for using this stupid site? a lot of people on /tv/ do
>>
>>79680833
>whats your excuse for using this stupid site?
You first OP, you have obviously been browsing there, on your phone too.
>>
>>79680833
Calm down Bill. I still think your cool.
>>
>>79680833
>a lot of people on /tv/ do

They are not /tv/. And they have to go back.
>>>/co/
>>>/cgl/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>79680859
used to till i realized how overtly superficial and dumb it is, and before they started pretending to be about politics. now i was just checking to see if its still shit, and i found that article
>>
>>79680833
>http://www.avclub.com/article/bill-maher-isnt-just-politically-incorrecthes-poli-250738

>>I don't like Milo so Bill Maher is irrelevant

I mean, the author isn't wrong in that Bill is irrelevant, but it isn't because of Milo. It's because Bill stinks.

What's with the babies who can't stand to hear other opinions?
>>
>>79680936
You sound like a literal faggot tbqhwyf

>>79680952
Trump supporters trigger easier than a poorly designed Brazilian pistol
>>
Lol it's a piece about how we should boycott it because he says mean things about Muslims
>>
>>79680833
>>79680936
idiot

>phoneposter
every fucking time
>>
>john hugar

which radical measures do we take in curbing the nu-male population
>>
>>79681072
AVClub is based in Chicago I think, so Trump's threat to send in the National Guard should do it.
>>
>>79680975
>Trump supporters trigger easier than a poorly designed Brazilian pistol
Politics aside, we can all agree that Taurus sucks balls
>>
>>79680833
Did his boy friend give him that pearl necklace?
>>
>>79681072
>receding hairline
>patchy teenage beard
>problem glasses

every single goddamn time
>>
>bill maher
>relevant
They're not wrong, the dude hosts a fucking one hour liberal chuckle hour on HBO. Same for le current year man, nigger Jon Stewart #1, nigger Jon Stewart #2, Bee, Colbert etc. TV hosts are not politically relevant, they just give liberal millennials a reason to laugh and pat themselves on the back about right they are about everything.

That being said I actually like Real Time because the panel is usually entertaining, especially when Maher brings up Islam.
>>
my point isnt about bill maher, my point is that that article is retarded, and so is the avclub
>>
>/tv/'s hate of bill maher vs 4chan's hate of normie "nerd" sites

which will win?
>>
>>79680919
Im from /pol/
>>
File: nup_175387_1204.jpg (556KB, 2721x1531px) Image search: [Google]
nup_175387_1204.jpg
556KB, 2721x1531px
>>79680833
that's what happens when you give nazis a platform
>>
>>79681247
Maher at least invites people on with an opposing viewpoint, without just spending the time smugly putting them down. He still sometimes does that, but he at least lets them get their point across, and usually only starts mocking them when they can't defend their stance.
>>
>>79680833
Todd VanDerWerff was awful as well as that blue haired woman who wished she was Lena Dunham. Not surprising its gotten worse.
>>
>These days, of course, a white man (particularly one as unapologetically smug as Maher) bragging about being “politically incorrect” just seems insufferable.

>of course

the left is just going to keep doubling down on identity politics aren't they. dumb fucking cunts.
>>
>>79681846
Like I said the panel is the best part of his show. Although lately he's been keen on inviting shitheads (Tomi, Piers, Milo), usually his opposing view brings a lot of informational value to the show, and Bill + guests' rebuttals are good entertainment. I would still take a panel of Tomi, Piers and Milo combined over a panel of all liberal guests though. Those episodes are the worst.

>So in the news today, Donald Trump said this STUPID fucking thing. What do you guys think?
>Yeah I agree that's completely ridiculous
>Aye man what the fuck is wrong with him?
>I can't believe he'd say something that stupid
>Right. So anyway Trump did this COMPLETELY fucking stupid thing, how do you feel about that?
etc.
>>
>>79680833
Who cares? These are the same people who think the modern Simpsons are funny.
>>
>>79680833
Who is some chucklefuck on some literally who clickbait site to call a cable show "politically irrelevant"?
>>
File: Uncle_junior.jpg (47KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_junior.jpg
47KB, 506x316px
>>79680833
>whats your excuse for using this stupid site?

I still like to read the old Sopranos recaps on my annual rewatch and I like to check the newswire for stuff like what's coming to Netflix and HBO and for film/TV announcements. The ladder has become increasingly difficult as these useful articles are buried in political bullshit. This wouldn't be an issue if they just had a political section or better yet an entire site dedicated to politics, but I doubt they'd give up all that Trump clickbait at this point.
>>
>>79681072
Why the fuck is it always the same kind of guy?
>>
File: 1487778731843.jpg (109KB, 710x567px) Image search: [Google]
1487778731843.jpg
109KB, 710x567px
>>79680833
>the AV Club is a dumb site run by media-school dropouts who write "critical analyses" not good enough for academics, and who somehow have it in their head that they are qualified to consistently discuss politics

Thanks for letting me know exactly how I should feel about this article and website Based Jew media chills
>>
>>79681875
They've taken the concept of preaching to the choir to the whole new level, everything they produce is intended solely for themselves, no wonder they keep on losing elections.
>>
>>79683444
People don't want debate or stimulating discussion, they want to seal clap at their own beliefs being fed back to them. It's why le current year man is so popular, it's the leftist equivalent of Fox news
>>
>>79680833
I thought they liked Bill Maher, they went back to hating him again?
>>
The only time I heard of Milo was on 4chan.
Now I see him on headlines in major news companies this week. Mostly about being taken off some meme political reporters convention

Wut happen
>>
>Bill Maher is irrelevant

This is said with a straight face by tits like Reza Aslan who have a fraction of the media presence of Maher but presume to deserve the attention he gets.

If you have to argue that someone is "irrelevant," chances are they aren't, because why waste time talking about irrelevant people? No, what you're doing is being pissed that someone IS relevant and arguing that they shouldn't be.
>>
File: 1412224108376.png (19KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1412224108376.png
19KB, 500x323px
>>79680833
>Bill Maher is politically relevant
How could anyone make this claim?
>>
>>79683573
Far left has always hated him because he hates language policing and isn't an apologist for Islam in the name of multiculturalist virtue signaling

I hate it when /pol/ acts like Maher is some kind of liberal shill, it's clear they've never actually watched him. He's a Democrat, sure, but he doesn't toe the party line like a good cuck and will tell liberals they're acting like retards when he has to
>>
>>79682524
i tend to go with nurture but some people around here probably think nature.
>>
>>79680833
>He's irrelevant
>we have to make an article about him to tell people this

If the headline was true, it wouldn't have been written in the first place.
>>
>>79682500

>the ladder
>>
Reminder bill promotes pedo culture
>>
amazing how far they fell
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.