[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

File: poster01.jpg (166KB, 688x1020px) Image search: [Google]
poster01.jpg
166KB, 688x1020px
What am I in for?
>>
A good war movie, though that's about it.
>>
a well written christian agenda
>>
>muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible muh bible
>>
A bloody good movie
>>
>Americans are dumb enough to believe that this really happened
lel
>>
>>79629786
>pinned down by enemies at a distance
>picks up 150 lb body
>runs with it in one hand for a short way
>shoots rifle from the hip
>suddenly aim improves incredibly allowing him to insta-kill all the bad guys
>>
>>79629719
fog. just fog everywhere. low budget.
>>
>>79629864
>50 japs can't hit exposed legs or shoulder even once
>>
This movie was the first time I realized fighting in a war is scary as fuck.
>>
>>79629786
fun fact: some scenes of the movie were dumbed down because they assumed the average viewer wouldn't believe the crazy shit that Garfield's character actually did in real life.
>>
Amazing Mel kino. He's still got it.
>>
I thought it was fucking brilliant and it made me realise how good of an actor Garfield is.
>>
Why didn't the Japanese just cut the rope ladder thing down when they finally got to the edge of the cliff?
>>
>>79629719
Cheesy as fuck first half, to make the second, brutal, gory half more effective.

Don't let the cheesefest discourage you, it's worth it.
>>
>>79629719
Predictable story and lost of gun fantasy that never happened in real life,example is that flamethrower explosion.
>>
>>79630525
Why didn't the flamethrower explosion happen?
>>
>>79629719
You have to get through the cheesy as fuck first half. I guarantee the warkino is worth it.
>>
>>79630569
Because it is impossible for it to happen.
The bullet has to hit a border literally the size of 0.0005mm when the liquid and gas meet,not to mention punch through the tank.
It is not documented in the history of both great ward that such thing has ever happened.
If you are interested two very good videos on the subject that also cover your question.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc6Jtupbtic
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts55TNp1Fq4
>>
>>79630654
>both great wars*
ect.
>>
>>79630654
But it's almost a cliche that the 'flamethrower guy' blows up.
>>
>>79629786
>"OH, GOD, PLEASE, NO! I'M ALIVE!! AAUUUGGHGHHHHHH"
>bullets spray his back
>>
>>79630712
>But it's almost a cliche that the 'flamethrower guy' blows up.
It literally never happened,its all explained in the videos I just dont remember the time markers to point it out.
>>
File: 145698332145.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
145698332145.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>starts off as 90s disney family drama accompanied by the very own orchestra that scored mrs doubtfire
>then he's off to a low budget full metal jacket boot camp with plenty of cliched characters and bad acting
>then it finishes off with a bang and finally "gets good." i.e. the entire budget went into this 1 scene and it's a gritty, see-all battle sequence complete with evil dead props.

so don't go in expecting mel gibson. it feels like a should-have-been B movie that had producers who went decided late in the game that they want to go in big and somehow got mel gibson to take over.
>>
The most cliched war movie ever made
>>
>>79630241
So why were other things exaggerated? The ridge was far smaller in real life
>>
>>79630973
For entertainment and because they didn't look so unrealistic I guess.
>>
>>79629719

Pure Kino and very good directing from Gibson.

Also some faggot fedora made a thread a week ago claiming that this movie was anti-atheist propaganda and that Christianity is verily because it oppresses faggots or whatever, so if /Reddit/ hate it it must be good.
>>
>>79629719
War on a basketball court sized field.
>>
>>79631036
lol
Mel gibson is fucking retarded
>>
>>79631074
Take that back
>>
>>79629719
American Right Wing confirmation bias
>>
File: Yep that's his girlfriend.jpg (270KB, 900x759px) Image search: [Google]
Yep that's his girlfriend.jpg
270KB, 900x759px
Braveheart > Apocalypto > The Passion of the Christ > The Man Without a Face > Hacksaw Ridge

Still a good movie tho. Still better than the majority of the big movies this year. Still the best WW2 battles since Saving Private Ryan. But it lacks something to be a great movie.
>>
>>79631146
>Still the best WW2 battles since Saving Private Ryan
The Pacific's were far, far better.
>>
>>79629719
couldn't get past the first 25 minutes. For some reason it kept making me want to watch any other war movie.
>>
>>79631146
Is Man Without a Face worth watching? Is his relation with the boy homoeroticized at some point?
>>
The war scenes are good but the main character will be too annoying for you to enjoy any of it.

I get it the guy was a IRL hero and got the medal of honor. But why did he have to go out of his way to be annoying about it? Why not just wave the gun around at training and drop it as soon as you start helping people? How would you have helped those people when you were in prison instead
>But muh magic book
>>
>>79631203
>Is Man Without a Face worth watching?
Definitely. It's a good movie.

>Is his relation with the boy homoeroticized at some point?
There's something about that, yeah. I don't want to spoil the whole plot here.
>>
>>79631180
This, The Pacific is some pure war kino.
>>
Just wanted to point out she was C U T E as fuck.
>>
>>79629719
You're in for kinographia pura.
>>
>>79631373

Would smash
>>
How did we go from this...
>>
File: hacksaw-ridge-1.jpg (172KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
hacksaw-ridge-1.jpg
172KB, 720x304px
>>79631569
... to this?
>>
>>79631569
Because that one is only scary in real life if you are actually there during WWII. The second one gives the viewer a taste of what the first one represents. You have to go an extra mile to make something look scary from the safety of a screen.
>>
>>79631603
BRAVO MEL

>>79631686
that's fucking dumb
>>
>>79631603
It's easier to make it look like a flat wall than a rocky mountain when there are tons of scenes of the guy dropping people down with a rope.
>>
>>79631686
The first one makes you think wow they needed to climb a ridge

The second one makes you think wow why didn't the Japs just cut the ropes
>>
A solid 6.5/10 war movie.
>>
>>79631788
Nigga what the Japanese basically expanded the list of war crimes beyond what anyone ever thought man could to to other people. Torture nobody ever considered possible, genocide, sexual slavery, blowing themselves up just so they could kill another human before they go. but no cutting a rope... that's just a step too far.
>>
>Did the real Desmond Doss get shot by a Japanese sniper?

>Yes. Director Mel Gibson decided to leave this out of the movie because he felt audiences would find the heroic circumstances under which it happened too hard to believe, especially after Desmond had just taken the blunt of a grenade blast to save his fellow soldiers. After the grenade left him with 17 pieces of shrapnel stuck in him, Desmond waited for five hours until fellow soldier Ralph Baker was able to reach him. Baker, along with a few other men, carried Desmond on a litter (stretcher) through an intense enemy tank attack. As they were carrying him, he saw a guy on the ground badly wounded. Desmond rolled off the stretcher and crawled over to patch the man up. Desmond gave up his stretcher to the man, but while waiting for help to come back, he was wounded again, this time by a sniper's bullet that shattered his left arm. He fashioned a splint out of a rifle stock and crawled the remaining 300 yards under fire, eventually reaching the safety of an aid station. He was transported to the hospital ship Mercy. -The Conscientious Objector Documentary
>>
>>79629786
I love how people wig out about this scene, with 400 people blasting in all directions you don't think maybe its possible someone else shot the japs while the action hero just trench fired them? It cuts to 3 dudes getting shot from unknown directions
>>
>>79631756
But the first one looked like a very short climb. The second one looks better on a screen because it takes them longer to climb and because it's harder to see what's up there, increasing the tension.
>>
>>79629719
You would like to check this out for oscar predictions: >>79631858
>>
>>79629719
>tears if you're a man
>jaded shitposting if you're a cynical bitter loser
>>
8/10. Still good to see ww2 kino heading back. Anons shit on it for those two stupid scenes with the body shield and grenade while giving even more retarded Fury a pass. I won't judge cause personally I'm too lazy to read actual bio on this guy and his crazy medic shenanigans. Even then who knows how much bullshit and exaggeration those soldiers added to make them look incredible - But hey I'm just a numale faggot who never been to a war so I'd never dare to say that I actually doubt the story in public, after all those men died for their country. Even if we assume that everything showed in the movie actually happened it's one of those "too incredible for its own sake of credibility" kind of stories that nobody will believe unless seen with own eyes.
>>
>>79631259
>Why didn't Desmond Doss ever compromise a little and carry a weapon?
>"I knew if I ever once compromised, I was gonna be in trouble," said Desmond, "because if you can compromise once, you can compromise again." -The Conscientious Objector Documentary
>>
>>79631870
God bless Desmond Doss. I love seeing you people whine about this movie and his character. Literally the bravest person
>>
>>79630202
yeah but also I had feelings that I would love to being in the middle of the battlefield
>>
>>79631870
>>79632099

I would have preferred that to Tom and Jerry scream and meatshield.

That said, goddamn
>>
The sonofabitch really DOES know story structure as this movie is divided into 3 clear acts.
>>
>>79631146
all that shit about the boot camp and the prison was extra
>>
>>79631870
>remove some things that seem too hard to believe
>add in way more egregious things
what a dumbfuck
>>
>>79632157
Me too actually, like watching those scenes made me think "just give me a gun and drop me there, I wanna shoot some Japs too right now!"
>>
>"please lord let me save another one so that they can then go indirectly kill another Jap"
>>
>>79632280
This. Mel made me hate Nips.
>>
>>79632280
>>79632157
>>79630202
jesus christ
>>
Personally the scene of his squad mates beating him down and then the army trying to condemn him for being crazy was most soul crushing part of the movie. I fell tears running in my eyes. The 2nd part was unnecessarily exaggerated, even if it actually fucking happened and I will burn in hell for doubting those brave men Mel had to know how unbelievable the story sounds.
>>
>>79632346
Japs were the enemy, son. The more Japs killed meant less friendlies killed.

That's war.
>>
>>79630241
where did you get that "fact" from?
>>
File: 591463.jpg (595KB, 1004x1500px) Image search: [Google]
591463.jpg
595KB, 1004x1500px
do you think pic related will be as good as this ww2 kino?
>>
>>79632346
If you die you can't repent. Christians think you should have time to repent and that can be done by saving those soldiers. He also tried to save a bunch of Japs, your point is invalid.
>>
File: 1487153650933.gif (2MB, 474x354px) Image search: [Google]
1487153650933.gif
2MB, 474x354px
>>79632346
You sound like a cuck who thinks we should apologize after Pearl Harbor and respond by allowing all Japanese immigrants to freely visit our country. And the worst part is that what I just wrote actually applies to so many liberals nowadays, fuck watching those ww2 flicks actually shows how truly fucked things are nowadays.
>>
>>79632441
IMDB :^)
for example what
>>79631870
posted
>>
>>79632447
Probably far better
>>
>>79630403
They couldn't cut it in time. Faster to shoot those descending.
>>
at what speed should I watch this?
>>
>>79632723
2/10, be thankful
>>
>>79632447
*tick tick tick tick tick*
>>
>>79629864
Adrenaline.
>>
Desmond Doss represents true victory in war; the survival of values through conflict
>>
>>79633189
adrenaline doesn't turn the world into a videogame you sheltered fuck
>>
>>79630241
Translation: some of the bullshit war stories were even more obvious bullshit than the obvious bullshit war stories we filmed
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.