[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 42

File: 9th.jpg (5KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
9th.jpg
5KB, 183x275px
best doctor edition

last thread: >>79585694
>>
There was only one person who watched Doctor Who in my class except me.
We were 11 years old or something.

He actually watched only one episode. Or rather one scene.
My classmate, 11 year old kid, accidentally watched Empty Child ending with Constantine turning into monster and monsters gathering around Doctor. And he was alone when it happened.
He said it was creepiest thing he had ever seen in his life and he had nightmares for a damn week.

Presumably it was the only piece of DW he had seen.
>>
A sentient biological weapon taking the form of a girl, pirating people's minds to make them part of her family, the one thing she never had, killing their real selves in the process.

How can the Doctor and Clara stop her?
>>
>>79598761
Probably the scariest story of NuWho thus far. Blink is up there too obviously.
>>
>>79598868
>The Empty Child
>Blink
>The Waters of Mars
>Listen
are these top sp00k?
>>
>>79598698
Protector of the Realm His Right Honarary Sir Christopher "I fucking hate Doctor Who" Eccleston esq. We hardly knew you.
>>
If you got the opportunity to write an episode for the show, what would it be about?
>>
>>79598947
Mandela effect
>>
>>79598947
See >>79598845
>>
>>79598868
The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit is the only story that has ever scared me and probably always will be.
>>
>>79598947
I'd do an episode about a fat curly headed fuck that writes for some scifi show and wacky stuff happens and the Doctor kills him at the end because he wasn't gay.
>>
>>79598845
Well, how?
>>
File: nine_dancing_doctor_who.gif (635KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
nine_dancing_doctor_who.gif
635KB, 350x210px
>>79598698
>best doctor

Ya damn right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXdRts6kJC0
>>
>>79599077
They detonate her. It's a weapon, a bomb, after all, that's how you get rid of them. She's a personified weapon, taking the form of River and Danny to fuck with 12 and Clara so they accept her as part of their family. Doesn't work though. Family is the core concept of the episode, meaning secondary characters would get developed well. As for how they stop her, they just detonate the bomb, blowing up the base and the pirated people. A word triggers the explosion. Love.
>>
Reminder that people weren't saying "Moffat out!" "We liked RTD better!" until series 7.
>>
>>79598947
A story set in medieval England with Krillitanes, in their original form.
>>
My first episode ever was "The End of the World"
I loved it from the first scene, had no idea who is Doctor, I just accidentaly caught the beginning scene when browsing channels. It was 2006.

That Eccleston smile when he says "welcome to end of the world", that confused Rose's face, that GOAT titles coming after the line. Hooked instantly. 11 damn years passed.

I'm from Russia btw, there were some cheesy trailers on russian tv when it aired there, who do you think of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8OnUgoIYrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke9o8aKOdXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skM7HqDJCeI
>>
File: alchemy.png (386KB, 678x582px) Image search: [Google]
alchemy.png
386KB, 678x582px
>Eruditorum Press is shitposting general
>Vox Day's PR firm burned down the server
>Doctor Who is on indefinite hiatus
>Peter Capaldi to be replaced by another straight cis white man
>Phil Sandifer photographed exchanging money with Michael Grade
>James Murphy's on-podcast breakdown jeopardizing production
>Pex Lives studios have been empty for months
>BBC Books no longer accepting submissions
>Sandifer confirmed that Titan Comics "wasn't interested" in his pitch for a Susan Foreman comic
>Jane Campbell has been in the hospital for two months, no contact with the media
>Josh Marsfelder currently under investigation following Garfield overanalysis
>Kit Power cut from the guest post roster
>Mark Gatiss and Eliezer Yudkowsky have "exciting announcement" for November
>Sandifer and Jill Buratto currently undergoing "trial separation"
>Jack Graham 14-minute Marxist tirade recorded in a Tescos checkout line
>Rumors swirling about Josh Marsfelder's "transition"
>Steven Moffat retirement announcement imminent
>Kevin Burns silently suffering from cancer of the larynx
>Anna Wiggins "hasn't come out of the basement in months" according to family members
>"TARDIS Eruditorum was a mistake. It's nothing but trash," says Sandifer on a Christmas Shabcast
>Holly Boson plagiarism accusations made by Chameleon Circuit
>Gareth Roberts recently hired by BBC to "political adviser" position
>Shana Wolstein has "critical sexual health announcement" to make
>Urn containing John Hurt's ashes has gone missing
>Daniel Harper releases 15 minute video about women's rights
>Jack Graham signs non-compete with Labour Party, will not write for Eruditorum Press for 5 years
>Larry Miles admitted for three-day "psychiatric observation" after being detained outside Phil Sandifer's home with "a motley collection of bone imprements"
>Ex-wife tell-all in the works, "Phil Sandifer qlippothed and used me!"
>Peter Harness suffering from late-stage thorax cancer

It's over, Eruditorum Press, we're finished.
>>
>>79599224
Because Series 7 wasn't very good.
>>
>>79599245
Hahah, someone needs to make a gif of Eccleston's eyebrows in the first one
>>
>>79599271
Series 6 was worse, just more ambitious.
>>
>>79599245
The End of the World was an episode I loved as a kid.

I've always wondered, how do so many people from places like Russia, Sweden, Norway etc. know English? Are you taught it at school? I was only taught basic French like how to say hello, numbers 1-13 etc.
>>
>>79599212
VNA DARK
>>
>>79599271
To me it started with "A good man goes to war" and "Let's kill Hitler"
I absolutely adored 100% of doctor who before these episode. I enjoyed even Fear Her or whatever people consider bad these day, I liked everything on the first run.

But Let's Kill Hitler was the point when I first felt that something's off.
>>
>>79599271
But even when Moffat is good fans want him gone
>>
>>79598912
Midnight is also doctor spook kino
>>
>>79599350
Let's Kill Hitler was fucking dreadful
>>
>>79599336
Bonsoir cats!
>>
>>79599350
Series 6 mid-way point was when it changed for me.
>>
>>79599336
My school was good enough, I think. We had french as a second language there too. And I'm learning japanese in the university atm.
>>
What's the first episode that made you think "fuck this is so bad this isn't even Doctor Who anymore"

For me, it hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>79599480
Let's kill Hitler. But it was unexpected, s6 before that was pretty good for me.
>>
>>79599480
Let's Kill Hitler, followed by Night Terrors.
The rest of series 6 was just weird, what went wrong?
>>
>>79599542
Was Night Terrors that bad? I thought it was alright. That "Monsters are real" scene.
>>
>>79599480
Rose
>>
File: 1487104974648.gif (604KB, 250x146px) Image search: [Google]
1487104974648.gif
604KB, 250x146px
>tfw no Capaldi ASMR

Someone please make one ;_;
>>
>>79599589
Intentional ASMR is ultra-cringe worthy
>>
>>79599589
Heaven Sent
>>
>>79599623
But Capaldi's voice is unintentionally ASMR. Have you ever paid attention?

https://youtu.be/_Tlsd8TuzWY
>>
>>79599645
That's... right, actually.

https://youtu.be/TKSEBEhXCt4
>>
>>79599682
It does nothing for me. He'll sound great on Big Finish though.
>>
Russian anon here again.

It's not a very common opinion, but I believe we were lucky that DW was dubbed quite well in our country (and we had a lot of shit tier dubs these days). Russian voices and acting were great IMO.

http://fanserials.tv/5116-doktor-kto-1-sezon-2-seriya-konec-sveta.html
Listen for yourself.
>>
>>79599725
Really?

https://youtu.be/uCYobBjA1kk
>>
>>79599771
It's quite difficult to judge voice inflections and stuff like that when you don't understand the language but I've definitely heard a lot worse.
>>
You'll win? (chuckles) Funny thing about winning is that YOU have to win every single time, while THEY will have to win just once. And then, they become those who will have to win every single time, and the cycles continues. Until there's no one left to win. Is this what you want?
>>
>>79599480
TGWD
>>
>>79599480
The Woman Who Lived but then again literally no one liked that story.
>>
>>79599952
Overrated.
>>
>>79600039
Except for me. I liked the historical setting and leisurely pace. And Sam Swift was funny.
>>
>>79600039
I liked it.
>>
>>79600045
What's overrated?
>>
A question to those who watched the beginnings of Russel era as kids.

Did you actually dislike something about the series back in the day? Because I remember liking literally every single thing about the show.
>>
>>79600102
The tightness of your vagina.
>>
>>79600099
>>79600089
Lies and deception. No plot, typical boring characterisation of someone who's lived a long time, retarded alien, Doctor takes a backseat, story goes nowhere, retarded deus ex machina realisation (why the fuck did Ashildr suddenly cared about people?), I could go on.
>>
>>79600121
The only episode I wasn't keen on was The Unquiet Dead, but that grew on me when I got older. There was very little I disliked.
>>
>>79600142
Ooooooh he's reeeeeing now. Good.
>>
File: tits not big enough.png (836KB, 712x768px) Image search: [Google]
tits not big enough.png
836KB, 712x768px
Reminder of the threadual kind
>>
Even the trailer was shite.

https://youtu.be/MZz0__eJuhE
>>
>>79599399
Everyone knows that cats is spanish
>>
>>79599480
For Tonight We Might Die
>>
>>79600461
Hello (in Spanish accent)!
>>
File: tpclApV.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tpclApV.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>10 years since Series 3
>>
>>79599589
The fuck is ASMR?
>>
>>79600515
This cant be real, nice b8
>>
>>79600488
I keep forgetting Clarse exists. What an embarrassing failure.
>>
>>79598698
Doctor who is fucking garbage.
It can tell any story in all of time and space and it always ends up a shitty looking celebration of mediocrity.
It's a predictable, safe formulaic children's show where the Le wacky man saves the day with some 'witty' banter and a 'clever' scheme.
The Doctor never goes anywhere in his development, just going from dark to light or dark to light depending on the incarnation.
It has no love for science or history, it just boils everything down for lowest common denominator. It's a waste of time and effort,
why don't you losers mature and watch some grown up television for a change.
You shouldn't watch doctor who unless it's with your own children but I really don't want you plebs procreating.
>>
>>79600532
Anal Sex Minus Rectum. ASMR.
>>
File: 1466972848239.jpg (10KB, 363x338px) Image search: [Google]
1466972848239.jpg
10KB, 363x338px
>people are legit getting triggered that the BBC is calling Capaldi the 12th Doctor and not the 14th
>>
>>79599480
>What's the first episode that made you think "fuck this is so bad this isn't even Doctor Who anymore"
Arc of Infinity. I know, everyone knows Time-Flight is the second worst story classic Who story ever, but honestly, it wasn't that bad for me at the time. Arc was so much worse. And it was trying so hard to be amazing, too. It convinced me that Doctor Who was over and Peter Davison just wasn't the Doctor.

But of course I kept watching, and the rest of season 20 was a lot better, despite a couple of clunkers. And then we got the Five Doctors, which was great the first time around even if it's not so great on rewatch, and by the time Davison announced he was leaving, I was thinking, "No, they can't do Doctor Who without Davison".
>>
When will the Shoboggans come back?
>>
From the previous thread…
>>79598282
>Is there ANYONE who was a fan of the old series, or knows someone who was, that can describe their reaction to finding out that Doctor Who was returning?
"Nice fake post."

My reaction when the actual BBC actually announced it was…something stupid like, "Oh, so that's the big news Paul Cornell couldn't tell us." But then I slapped myself and reminded myself that holy shit, Doctor Who is actually coming back, time to get excited.

And then we had to wait until 2005, which is enough time to go from hype to bored to cynically working out all the ways the show is absolutely guaranteed to suck and we would have been better off with Cornell's animated show, then back around the loop to hype again (but worried about whether Billie Piper would ruin it).

And actually, for most of the middle of that wait, I don't remembering talking much with people about what the new show would be like, more about how the Sabbath arc in the books and the Divergent Arc in the audios were both horribly annoying but with a few amazing stories wedged in which just made them even more annoying.
>>
>>79600595
>>people are legit getting triggered that the BBC is calling Capaldi the 12th Doctor and not the 14th
Dear Sirs and Madams, why wasn't Mr Saxon an anagram of Master No Fifteen? I demand you go back and redo that entire season and get it right. I have forwarded this letter to the council as well to ensure that I receive proper satisfaction.
>>
>>79600536
2007 was 10 years ago anon.
>>
>>79600768
>When will the Shoboggans come back?
It was nice of Capaldi to mention them in Hell Bent, but until they can find a Doctor who can pronounce them the way Tom did and enjoy pronouncing it as much as he did, they can't actually bring them back.
>>
File: Chris_Chibnall-263x350.jpg (21KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Chibnall-263x350.jpg
21KB, 263x350px
I confess I know the Hybrid is real
I know where it is and what it is
I confess
I am afraid
>>
Why has the show never treated Roswell?
>>
File: last-of-the-time-lords.jpg (53KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
last-of-the-time-lords.jpg
53KB, 600x339px
>>79599480
I came close to giving up with the Dobby Doctor saved by 'luurrve'. Damn, that was shite. I still can't believe it was allowed to be broadcast.

Urrgh.
>>
>>79601262
>Why has the show never treated Roswell?
Because in the Doctor Who world, Roswell is just one of many, many alien incursions scattered throughout Earth's past, so it's not particularly interesting, unless you're looking to do a story about the American equivalent of Torchwood or something, which really would have been a lot cooler in the Three/UNIT days than today.

Which is why they left the American Torchwood story for a PDA novel, and the "Roswell, but we don't have anything exciting to say about it" story for one of the Tenth Doctor animated stories for kids.
>>
File: Bbcdvd-dreamland.jpg (412KB, 1061x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bbcdvd-dreamland.jpg
412KB, 1061x1500px
>>79601262
>Why has the show never treated Roswell?
It actually did, if only in an animated episode.
>>
>>79601262
It has, in the episode 'Dalek', series 1.
>>
>>79601599
How canon is this?
>>
>>79601779
>How canon is this?
Do people actually ask this question wanting a serious answer, or are you just asking whether it's good enough to be worth watching?
>>
What are the best episodes in The Key to Time? My favs are The Stones of Blood and The Androids of Tara.
>>
Reminder there's no canon except the one in your head. You decide which episodes are canon.
>>
>>79601993
The Lonely Satellite.
>>
File: NA030_firstfrontier.jpg (81KB, 350x574px) Image search: [Google]
NA030_firstfrontier.jpg
81KB, 350x574px
>>79601599
>>79601641
First Frontier, too.
>>
>>79602008

Post yfw the only episodes I recognize as canon are the ones after Moffat takes over.
>>
>>79601993
By all the flaming moons of Heretes, how can you have failed to mention the campest, cheesiest, most fun story in Four's entire run, Mister Fibuli? When someone fails, someone dies! I hope you will not fail me again, Mister Fibuli!
>>
>>79598761
>He said it was creepiest thing he had ever seen in his life

honestly as someone who doesnt watch many horror movies id say its up there for me too
>>
>>79601906
Considering the Sarah Jane Adventures story "Prisoner of the Judoon" is a sequel to "Dreamland," and SJA has strong ties to its mother show, I'd say that it's very, very canon.
>>
>>79602117
>yfw the only episodes I recognize as canon
Yawn.

I've met people with dumber canon rules than yours. Who cares? It's not hurting anyone else's enjoyment of the show, just yours, so go for it.
>>
File: 1405244891336.jpg (178KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
1405244891336.jpg
178KB, 638x425px
>>79602117
>>
File: 1874572.jpg (82KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
1874572.jpg
82KB, 638x425px
Never knew he looked so sad in the original.
>>
>>79602117

No, the only canon is Big Finish episodes featuring the original TV actors for the voices. Any BF audios that replace the original actors for voices, the entire TV show, and any other media is non-canon.
>>
>>79602173
>I'd say that it's very, very canon
You can watch every episode of NuWho without having seen a single episode of SJA and enjoy it just as much. Nothing in, say, series 9 makes a single reference to anything from SJA.

You should watch SJA because Sarah Jane is still a great character, because it pulls off feeling like it's really part of the Doctor Who universe, and because some of the episodes were really good, not because you're worried about whether it's canon, or because you're worried that there's a 1 in a million chance that Luke Smith might appear on Doctor Who again and you're afraid you won't get it.
>>
https://youtu.be/VXe9C3nZxxY

I keep forgetting this two parter exists.
>>
>>79602476
>o shit im a metal man now
>Explodes along with everything else

wut
>>
Reminder the finale starts filming tomorrow.
>>
>>79599082
I forgot there was a time Rose wasn't complete shit. Also think about how fucking garbage Eccleston would be if he stayed for Series 2.
>>
>>79602388
I definitely enjoyed the last three episodes of Series 4 when I had watched the spinoffs.
>>
SJA >>> Torchwood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Class
>>
>>79602951
K9 and Company >>> Class

Some BBV videos >>> Class
>>
>>79602951
>>79603066
SJA > Torchwood > K9 and Company > Australian K9 > BBV > Class > Series 9
>>
File: cyber head.jpg (42KB, 478x429px) Image search: [Google]
cyber head.jpg
42KB, 478x429px
It's just the Death in Heaven head
>>
>>79602779
Outdoors or studio? (Also, have they gone to Tenerife/Gallifrey yet?)
>>
I just realized that if you trust the Target novelisation of Mind Robber, Zoe should be turning 21 and returning from her tour on Deep Space Station W3 in 2017. We should throw her a welcome home party.
>>
>>79601599
I keep forgetting this existed. I remember you had to press the red button (is that even still a thing?) on the TV remote to watch each part.
>>
>>79602113
Is this any good? I love that cover and I love the '50s Roswell aesthetic
>>
>>79604080
I think it's considered one fo the worst new adventures, but someone needs to confirm.
>>
>>79602951
>>79603066
What's so bad about Class?
>>
>>79604290
WE GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON
>>
>>79604236
Eh, I wouldn't say best or worst really, just sort of unremarkable middle-of-the-range adventure. Surprise villain (a new version of the Master who looks like Basil Rathbone) was interesting, but he doesn't show up until late.
>>
>>79604236
>I think it's considered one fo the worst new adventures, but someone needs to confirm.
A lot of fans hate McIntee, and to them, this is the worst of a bad lot.

Personally, I think there's a lot of good in the book, but also a lot of bad.

The Tzun are great aliens. The period setting of the southwest US is great (although DC isn't as good, despite being just as well researched, it just never comes alive). The anti-communist-paranoia mood especially comes across very well (except when explicitly he's trying to connect it to X Files paranoia). Ace comes across better than in most of the stories of this part of the range.

On the other hand, it's a straightforward trad story for season-24 McCoy badly disguised as a New Adventure, and it's chock full of pointless continuity porn.

And you definitely can tell that McIntee is still learning some of the basic skills of novel writing as he goes along, and sometimes he seems to be learning from paid-by-the-word 19th century writers.

Plus, anyone reading it now probably already knows the big surprise.
>>
>>79604728
>sometimes he seems to be learning from paid-by-the-word 19th century writers.
Either that, or he's trying to be Dave Stone and doesn't realize that Stone's dense over-description is a joke.
>>
>>79604548
>Surprise villain
One of the things that annoyed me was that all but one of the hints at who the surprise villain were are meta hints, which would mean nothing to him or anyone else in-universe. One of those might be cute, but not all of them, unless you're writing an Iris book or something (which this definitely isn't).
>>
>>79604728
mcintee wrote that really nice 2/delgado novel though. really immersive
>>
>>79598912
Impossible Planet > Waters of Mars > Empty Child > Listen > Blink
>>
www.amazon.com/Doctor-W-H-Robert-S-Bagley/dp/1424146631
>>
>>79605600
Yeah, I don't have McIntee myself, just noting that a lot of fandom does, which sometimes makes it hard to find reviews of his books that aren't written either by haters looking for anything to complain about, and half the rest are written by defenders desperate to deny anything is wrong.
>>
Are Eric Roberts and Gareth Roberts related?
>>
>>79606356
Are Eric and Emma and Julia and 17th and current Chief Justice of the United States John Glover Roberts, Jr. and Gareth Roberts related?
>>
>>79605822
>Listen
Was this scary? I just found it painfully dull.
>>
File: Julio Pumarejo Jr..jpg (192KB, 680x641px) Image search: [Google]
Julio Pumarejo Jr..jpg
192KB, 680x641px
Wheres the hype train for this?
>>
>>79606534
It's paranoia fuel to the max.
>>
File: train puzzle.png (553KB, 700x509px) Image search: [Google]
train puzzle.png
553KB, 700x509px
>>79606611
>>
>>79606509
Eric and Julia are actually siblings in case you didn't know.
>>
>>79606356
>Are Eric Roberts and Gareth Roberts related?
No, Eric Roberts is related to Eric Steinberg, who played Zheng Yibao in Miracle Day, because in Chinese names like Zheng Yibao or Eric Steinberg, the family name comes first.
>>
File: consul.jpg (102KB, 1421x905px) Image search: [Google]
consul.jpg
102KB, 1421x905px
>>79602277
He was a CONSUL of ROME!
>>
>>79606356
>Are Eric Roberts and Gareth Roberts related?
Meanwhile, everyone named Gareth is cousins with everyone else named Gareth, because England is an inbred island nation.
>>
>>79606611
Are Julio Pumarejo Jr. and Julio Pumarejo Sr. related?
>>
>>79607000
He prefers Gary.
>>
File: MarthaMoriarty.jpg (66KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
MarthaMoriarty.jpg
66KB, 620x374px
>>79600515
>Martha is now 60
>>
>>79606912
They probably know, Emma is Eric's daughter
>>
File: real moff.png (453KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
real moff.png
453KB, 638x425px
>>79602277
That's not the original. This is.
>>
>>79602205
>Series 5
>>79602277
>Series 6
>>79607955
>Series 7
>>
File: sadder.png (530KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
sadder.png
530KB, 638x425px
>>79608082
>Series 9
>>
File: series10.png (462KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
series10.png
462KB, 638x425px
>>79608704
>Series 10
>>
>>79608754
what's chibnall doing there?
>>
>>79608754
Moffat didn't actually do Series 10. Chinballs did it and Moffat put his name on it so they can pretend he's leaving.
>>
>>79608892
>Moffat didn't actually do Series 10. Chinballs did it and Moffat put his name on it so they can pretend he's leaving.
Well, that explains why it's a year late. He need to take a vacation before Broadchurch S3 as well as the one after Broadchurch S3.
>>
>>79608849
>>79608754
The real series 10.
>>
>>79608892
>moffat wasn't involved in the show so that they could pretend that moffat is no longer going to be involved in the show
what did you mean by this
>>
File: real series 10.png (500KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
real series 10.png
500KB, 638x425px
>>79608970
>forgetting pic
Fuck my butt please.
>>
>>79608980
A showrunner quitting drastically would reflect poorly on the BBC and management. They need to make it look like he was planning an exit instead of just saying "I fucking quit this shit now."
>>
>>79609118
what the hell are you talking about
>>
>>79609154
See >>79608892
>>
You guys really scare me with your BBC conspiracy talk (they want Doctor Who to fail, et al.)

the scariest thing is that it makes sense even though there's no hard evidence
>>
>>79609184
see >>79608980
>>
>>79609302
See >>79609118
>>
>>79609366
see >>79609154
>>
>>79609247
They don't want it to fail, see >>79608892 and >>79609118
They are doing conspiracy shit to save the show not ruin it.
>>
>>79609383
See >>79608892
>>
>>79609404
Is this a meme where you say nonsense and pretend it's serious? At first I thought it was an attempt at a silly joke, but it seems like you genuinely believe they are actually coherent sentences.
>>
>>79609455
It's kind of obvious if you read any interviews with Moffat about series 10. You also think it's a coincidence Capaldi decided to leave right when Chibnall started to take credit for hinting at running series 10?
>>
>>79598912
Empty Child > Blink > Listen > Hide > Waters of Mars > Impossible Planet
>>
File: 1477131621380.png (287KB, 507x550px) Image search: [Google]
1477131621380.png
287KB, 507x550px
>>79609572
At least make your nonsense interesting.
>>
>>79609572
Oh come on, you think that's really Capaldi in S10? Look at the trailer again. That's all CGI. The motion capture isn't even very good. Although the Capaldi impersonator they hired for the voice isn't bad.
>>
File: This shit.png (715KB, 759x717px) Image search: [Google]
This shit.png
715KB, 759x717px
>>79609702
>I'm to lazy to actually read up on the shit happening in the world so I'll just call this guy nonsense instead
Kindly fuck off.
>>
File: 1393951754703.jpg (152KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
1393951754703.jpg
152KB, 410x600px
>>79609801
>>
>>79609786
I know your mocking me but let's look at the fact. Peter Capaldi admitted he was asked to stay on when Moffat leaves and pretty much said he would. Now we know he's leaving after series 10 so Moffat has to already left.
>>
Chronological anon here, just starting the TV movie, super pumped.
>>
Hehe Doctor Who is so quirky and different, kinda like me! That's why I like this show so much, it lets me escape the troubles and tribulations of my ever day boring monotonous life.

I wish i had a magic screwdriver! xD
>>
>>79610122
I feel like I tell you this every time you pop up in these threads, but I'll say it again;
I love that you're doing this, man. God speed.
>>
>>79610122
How long have you been at it? Was there anything that you excluded? How much time every day do you dedicate to your endeavor?
>>
>>79610122
What did you do with the stories with missing episodes? Loose Cannon recons? Whatever the BBC has released on video? Skip them?
>>
>>79609991
I'm exactly as serious as you are. Peter Capaldi admitted he'd stay on if he liked Chibnall's scripts. We all know Chibnalls' scripts suck. Therefore, if Chibnall is ghost-writing Moffat's S10, Capaldi must have already left.

Enjoy your Fakapaldi.
>>
>>79610288
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>79610343
How? It follows >>79609991's logic exactly.
>>
>>79610149
It's not even that "different" really. Comes from the same tradition as Quatermass and other old British science-adventure shows, the kind of Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs story of derring-do, which I've always loved.
>>
>>79601360
PEOPLE DEFEND THIS
>>
>>79610377
No, clearly you didn't read shit because it's kind of obvious.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>79610400
kek
>>
>>79610153
Thanks, I do appreciate it.

>>79610158
Since January 2016, it was everything except comics up until about mid 4th doctor, and then books on and off after that.

It's been most of my free time, but BF is good because I can do that on breaks/while driving ect.

>>79610201
Watched surviving episodes, recons and soundtracks for non existing stuff.

McCoys on the Operating table right now.
>>
>>79610470
I've unfortunately read every one of your posts so far.
>>
>>79599234
It boggles the mind that the Krillitane have not been used more. They have such potential.
>>
I invented Doctor Who
>>
>>79599350
S6A was the peak of the Moffatt era and what Doctor Who should have become. I'll never forget how hot every cliffhanger was. I'll never forget how the press thought the show got confusing, too complicated. I'll never forget how monotone it became when it returned.

The Moffatt era never recovered after S6B. We had two glimpses of that S5/S6A glory with S7's TNotD (War Doctor reveal was fucking insane) and with S9's FtR/HS/HB.

What could have been...
>>
>>79599542
Watch S5 and S6 up to LKH. Notice how there are multiple, intersecting storylines running through the seasons? Notice the ongoing mysteries? Notice how they have plot twists here and there instead of being static for the whole season? Notice how sometimes they tie into the adventure at hand, they're not just in the background of every story?

That was Moffatt delivering on more than the fanbase ever anticipated. It was the golden era of Moffatt Who. The one that was too complicated if the media was to be trusted.

Watch everything afterwards though. No mystery. Down to a single storyline with no twists or important plot points. They never factor into the immediate adventure of the week. Nothing actually interests you to watch the next episode.

That was the rest of the Moffatt era. When things went to shit.
>>
>>79610973
>S6A was the peak of the Moffatt era
You say that, but in actual fact S6A was not written by Moffat. Moffat was on a holiday, but the BBC did not want another hiatus, so Gatiss ghost-wrote S6A. It's obvious, really.
>>
>>79600089
I liked it too. I wish it was 100% pure historical though. It came so close.
>>
>>79611312
>actually liking season arcs
>>
>>79610288
Oh come on, you think you're still responding to the original anon? He already quit, and Chibnall has been doing all the followup posts.
>>
>>79610615
They were pretty generic. The idea of aliens that copy useful features from other races is interesting but it gives them no identity of their own; if you have an idea for a new ability to give them, why wouldn't you just create a new alien for it?
>>
>>79611312
Yes, S5 and S6A are the closest the show ever got to having story arcs that worked.

But so what? What makes anyone think the show needs story arcs?

Do people look at Lost fondly in retrospect for its brilliant arcs? Were the later seasons of Buffy were better than the early ones? Were the Arc episodes of X-Files better than the Monster of the Week and Just Plain Weird ones?

And, even if that were all true, why would it apply to Doctor Who? If Sisko sees the local people get into a war with the Dominion, then of course next week Sisko's going to be dealing with that Federation-Dominion War; if the Doctor sees the local people get into a war with their neighbors, next week he's going to be in 14th century England, so who cares?

That doesn't mean it's impossible to make arcs work in Doctor Who, it just means it's hard, and completely unnecessary.
>>
I've gotta say, the motorbike gag is probably the best bigger on the inside bit there has ever been
>>
>>79611616
>I wish it was 100% pure historical though
It's funny, everyone always says "You can't do pure historicals because they're boring", but half of the good pseudohistoricals are actually pure historicals for the first 3/4 episodes or 35/45 minutes, and they're not boring, and it's not like the big twist at the end is what we remember them for.
>>
>>
>>79612031
I don't remember what you'd talking about but the Doctor's fake reaction in The Husbands of River Song is definitely better.
>>
>>79612255
just watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u1TOqPG30s
>>
>>79612298
Okay that was pretty good.
>>
>>79612255
He means the movie with the cop. I think it's simple, and that's what makes it funny; it's witty sans dialogue.
>>
When Ian Levine was looking for animators for Shada, did he post something like "Looking for animators who are generally pretty good, but can't do hands at all; effective colour palettes, realistic hair movement, and complete lack of sense of perspective also a plus"?
>>
>page 9
Not on my watch
>>
So, has any episode/novel/audio referenced the end of Shada, where the Doctor says "I expect that one day in a few hundred years' time, someone will meet me and say, 'Is that really the Doctor? How strange, he seems such a nice old man.'"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzN0TTxkNI
>>
is there a video of the doctor-master sex scene in shalka?
>>
>>79614664
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHyokgUAGs
>>
>>79614664
Why are there so few Derek Jacobi animated sex scenes on the internet?
>>
>>79614607
If Victoria had been there, they wouldn't have needed the organ, she could have just screamed Gatiss to death.
>>
>>79614692
I do not remember that scene.
>>
File: achilles.jpg (1MB, 1963x1382px) Image search: [Google]
achilles.jpg
1MB, 1963x1382px
>>79614713
Does Barry Purves' Achilles count? It's animated with puppets, and Derek is the narrator rather than one of the characters, and I'm not sure if you can find it on the internet, but…
>>
So reflections on the seventh Doctor.

Good, I think the leap to book certainly helped him, as it gave his character room to grow that the TV show hadn't.

I think Ace long overstayed her welcome in both book and BF, Space bitch ace wasn't too my liking and I find it really frustrating that BF hasn't given her a send off in the 15 years they've had with the character.

I really enjoyed the dynamic in the first Klein trilogy. The hostile Doctor/Companion relationship is really uniquely done. Her second trilogy is utter shit.

The TVM, good for what it is, but not without its flaws. Didn't remember that version of the master being so playful. Two things bothered me though.

How did the Master get in the Tardis? Lee has one key and the other one is still in it's hiding place.

Second, right after the Doctor regenerates he wanders into a totally trashed area of the hospital, like major structural damage, how did he get there, what caused it?
>>
>>79614991
>Good, I think the leap to book certainly helped him, as it gave his character room to grow that the TV show hadn't.
Did you like his early audios? I really didn't at the time, but I don't know how much of that is my fault. McCoy and Aldred really didn't play the characters as well as the other early-BF combinations, and they also got some of the worst scripts, but how much did I add on top of that by unfairly hoping for/expecting the late-VNA Seven instead of the reverted-to-season-27 Seven they gave us?

>I think Ace long overstayed her welcome in both book and BF,
Agreed. Although I loved her ending in Set Piece, it should have come much earlier. Space Bitch Ace really only worked in a handful of novels before that one, and for the most part they weren't the best in the range. (See First Frontier, for example.)

Meanwhile, Big Finish's Lost Season 2 definitely should have given us the actual story planned for season 27. If Cartmel he couldn't bear to write Ace out now, well, remind him he can always write new stories in the normal Seven/Ace monthlies, or in an NA sidestep, or just as his own unique line, whatever. There was no reason to add her into stories that were intended to be post-Ace instead.

Not that I think the Doctor dropping her off on Gallifrey and forcing the Academy to accept her as a student was a great idea, but hey, let Cartmel or Platt write it, and maybe they'll change my mind.
>>
>>79615327
his early audios were misses for the most part, they didn't really get consistent until magic mousetrap.

that said, Colditz, harvest and night thoughts were all great.

I do think that the season 27 stuff should have been as close to the original plan as they could have been, not having them adapt to fit in with BFs continuity. the whole selling point of that range was "scripts from that era", not "scripts from that era modified to work with out continuity"
>>
>>79615463
>that said, Colditz, harvest and night thoughts were all great.
Yeah, I especially loved Harvest, although I wish they'd actually gone with the "Cybermen who think Cyber was a mistake and want to be human again" thing, instead of making it all a predictable trick. Anyway, Hex was exactly what they needed to revitalise the Seven/Ace dynamic. Although Dreamtime wasn't exactly a great followup, they mostly worked after that.

>I do think that the season 27 stuff should have been as close to the original plan as they could have been, not having them adapt to fit in with BFs continuity.
I don't think they were trying to fit BF continuity. The stories still don't fit in between Survival and Fearmonger. And when they gave Raine her own spinoff appearance in UNIT, she said that Ace eventually ended up on Gallifrey—they just didn't let us see it happen in the story where it should have. So when Cartmel said he didn't write Ace out because he couldn't bear to do so after working with Sophie on Thin Ice, I'm pretty sure that's the real reason.

Of course season 27 was also supposed to end with Seven regenerating…
>>
>>79615965
>Of course season 27 was also supposed to end with Seven regenerating…
I loved that McIntee described his intended ending as "the Doctor fails his SAN check and commits suicide", in case anyone was wondering whether under Cartmel the show had been taken over by nerds.
>>
File: 51z+DINg70L._SY300_.jpg (27KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
51z+DINg70L._SY300_.jpg
27KB, 211x300px
Finally watched this. What a cool project. The animation was shitty but the story made it great and watching the telesnap version after really let's you get a better idea of what it was actually like when it aired.
>>
>>79599480

"Kill the Moon". had the biggest crisis since 1987 when I saw "Time and the Rani".
>>
>>79616996
What's it like being old?
>>
>>79616996
Put your trip back on cloister.
>>
https://twitter.com/kirkwhelanforan/status/833403951747842048

Pearl's agent has just read the finale's scripts.
>>
>>79610509

but you know, if you post to /who/ while watching it, does it even count as watching it? (not giving it your undivided attention.)
>>
>>79610641

will you emerge out of the shadows to claim it from the BBC? what then, anon?
>>
>>79617118
Cloister? Old? Ha, the boy doesn't even remember Arc of Infinity. Now there was a crisis. Hyped up as the amazing start of the biggest anniversary ever, and what did we get? Crap.

But then we expected crap in those days, and we were glad of't. See, we'd work for 26 hours a day down t'mine, and come home t'house made of cardboard and pile, all 37 of us, in t'room with t'only telly, with a 3-inch screen—we didn't do metric back then—and no vertical hold. If Doctor Who were bad t'would put old da to sleep, if not, he'd like as not beat us to death again, and then we'd miss work in t'mines the next day and be really in for it. Old lady Thatcher weren't going to stand for shirkers. That was also about time Omega invaded the Falklands, if I remember right. My older brother, he went off to fight, he was t'lucky one, got to eat t'army rations instead of one strand of uncooked pasta every night. Sure, he got his boat shop out from him by an Exocet, but they say worse things happen at sea, but even worse things happen in t'North. We used to dream about being shot by an Exocet. What was I talked about? We didn't have t'4chan back then, we barely had t'Usenet, but we were glad for't.
>>
File: thefuture.jpg (50KB, 509x380px) Image search: [Google]
thefuture.jpg
50KB, 509x380px
>>79617118
Better then being dead, as you'll find out.
>>
>>79617304
Why would they give her agent scripts?
>>
>>79617490
Because that's how it works?
>>
>>79617392
Jesus Christ, I hope I'm not spilling my spaghetti like this when I'm your age
>>
Should I watch Torchwood? I've seen it pop up on netflix for a while.
>>
>>79617504
Explain. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't understand why an agent would be given scripts to read after their client is already under contract.
>>
>>79617513
No, bigger waste of time than Doctor Who. Don't ever watch shows that don't have a proper end because they were cancelled before m8.
>>
>>79617536
Not OP but it's my understanding scripts transit through the agent before Pearl gets to read it. Or perhaps he was at the readthrough or maybe she offered him to read.
>>
>>79617513
Season 3 is genuinely some of the greatest Doctor Who-related content ever made.
>>
>>79617513
>Should I watch Torchwood?
There are a few good Torchwood episodes, so if you've watched all the good Who and Sarah Jane, or just need a break while binge-watching season 18 or something, go for it.

But a lot of it is just "look, we're all having sex, plus there's a pterodactyl!" If you're under 16 it's too mature for you, and if you're over 16 it's too immature for you. That's what "adult audiences" means.
>>
>>79615463

I think in general that they always messed with them by rewriting them. "Thin Ice" they relocated to Russia (instead of Russia) and it really didn't work.

love "Crime of the Century", though, and "Earth Aid" worked well up until the end. the Lost Stories version of "Crime of the Century" genuinely felt like a lost story from 1990. the rest didn't.
>>
>>79617607
>"Thin Ice" they relocated to Russia (instead of Russia) and it really didn't work.
In my opinion the story would have been better if it hadn't taken place in either of those countries, but instead took place in Russia.
>>
The Dying Days.
>>
>>79616198

which would have made for a supremely fucked up regeneration. I still don't know if in a good way or a bad way. I can visualize it so clearly in my mind.

still would like to know the actual plot of the story other than the vague bits we know.
>>
>>79617392

"the boy" also remembers seeing "Arc of Infinity". but that counts as merely bad and not so bad it threatened to crush your faith in WHO. ordinary bad. (I even like the part at the end where Omega feels happy.)
>>
>>79617576
>Not OP but it's my understanding scripts transit through the agent before Pearl gets to read it
Yeah but why? So they can negotiate for more screentime? It was my understanding that the agent's job is to promote their client and find them work, I don't understand what their function would be reading scripts for a show their client is already under contract for. Or is it some legal thing?
>>
>>79617513

watch "Children of Earth" a.k.a. the third season, at least. if you only watch that, you'll have watched the best of it by far.
>>
>>79617513
Don't listen to this: >>79617827. Children of Earth is 10/10, but I would recommend you at least familiarise yourself with the characters/show by watching a few earlier episodes before watching that. It wouldn't be as enjoyable an experience if everything's new to you.
>>
>>79617642

if it had taken place in London, I meant to say. gah!
>>
>>79617873
Reth!
>>
>>79617304
>I'M SO EXCITED
translation
>I'm getting more work!

so pearl lives. damn.
>>
>>79617899
Bill isn't staying on.
>>
>>79616198

the Doctor's going crazy and regenerating would have taken place in a story called "Alixion" written by Robin Mukherjee: not McIntee. unless they had not really nailed that down. (I wrote the post where I described that idea as "supremely fucked up", thinking it referred to the "Alixion" version.)
>>
>>79617924
good
>>
>>79617864

I wrote the original post and I agree with you, actually. I meant more of in the spirit of, "if you watch nothing else of it, watch this".

maybe additionally watch the first episodes of Series 1 and 2, as well.and "Fragments", the flashback episode in Series 2, with backstory on all the characters. then you'll have a feel for the regulars and you'll also not have seen the bad episodes.
>>
>>79617512

typing at 4:15 a.m. my time and I should have gone to sleep hours ago. give me some slack, eh?
>>
>>79600121
I hated two parters for some reason.
>>
File: 1443656863889.png (156KB, 357x336px) Image search: [Google]
1443656863889.png
156KB, 357x336px
>>79600121
Unfortunately I never watched the show as a kid, something I think I'll always regret. I marathonned all the new series episodes over a few days when I was 18 though. At the time all the ones released were S1 - S6. And when I watched them I had absolutely no problems with any episode. I didn't hate anything. Even the notoriously bad ones. It's only since having to wait for each episode to be released that I've learnt to be cynical and critical. Now I criticize every single episode that comes out.

I still react weirdly emotional/nostalgic to episodes from the Tennant era or something, even though I now recognise all the flaws and consider him to be one of the worst Doctors.
>>
So will we see and stalker shots from the finale today?
>>
>>79618665
Any*
>>
>>79617304
weren't the episodes filmed ages ago?
>>
>>79600542
I want Series 2 of Class....it needs to go on and on.
>>
How old do you reckon Eccleston will be before he buckles to Big Finish?

If it happened with Tom it can happen to anyone.
>>
>>79609786
>not posting the Capaldi blurry photo to go with this
>>
>>79619023
I think you'll be disappointed immigrant.
>>
>>79619211
I have to keep hope.

Someone, give me a fanfic idea pls.
>>
>>79617951
Alixion is a cool sounding title.
>>
>>79619233
The South Pole, Yeti and assault drone Penguins. 6th Doctor and Peri. Pls don't fail us.
>>
>>79618952
>https://twitter.com/kirkwhelanforan/status/833403951747842048
The finale is only starting filming today.
>>
File: tx (2).png (348KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
tx (2).png
348KB, 500x504px
>>
>>79618665
Hopefully. If we can see some enemies we might be able to gain a simple understanding of what the finale might entail.
>>
>>79619646
It'll probably have a sort of Bank Holiday Monday feel, the kind of Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs story of derring-do, which I've always loved.
>>
Doctor who is my favorite series on television.
I even dressed up as 11th when I went to a movie theater to watch The Day of the Doctor
>>
>>79619644
underrated
>>
File: pratt009_image_large.jpg (97KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
pratt009_image_large.jpg
97KB, 450x600px
>>79619068
Briggs approached him at a function but before he could say a word Eccleston had karate chopped him in the throat at full force. Briggs fell to the ground, clutching at his throat and struggling to breathe but Eccleston wasn't done yet. He decided to sink the boot in a few times, breaking Briggs' arm and both kneecaps while also managing to hit him in the mouth a few times, knocking out several of his teeth. He finished by relieving himself on the quivering, beaten, bloody mess that used to be Nick Briggs, then lost interest and began binge-eating hors d'oeuvres. So the answer is no for the time being. When Briggs learns to walk again he might try again.
>>
>>79620369
Interesting story it kind of gives me a Bank Holiday Monday feel, the kind of Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs story of derring-do, which I've always loved.
>>
>>79620369
This made me think of an old /who/ copypasta. It was about Moffat in a hotel and featured something about him squealing like a pig, and a bag of salt&vinegar crisps.

Does anybody else remember that?
>>
>>79620664
I like the one about Paul McGann in the supermarket or the Neil Gaiman chocolate bandit ones. Never seen the one you're talking about
>>
>>79620712
>Never seen the one you're talking about
I think I might have written it actually, so that's probably why. I know I didn't start it but I think I expanded on the original, or was inspired by it to make my own. I remember thinking it was hilarious but it didn't get many (you)'s, and not just because (you)'s hadn't been invented yet!

I'm going to try to dig it up.
>>
File: 1443855240240.jpg (205KB, 1023x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1443855240240.jpg
205KB, 1023x1365px
>>79620664
>>79620751
Found it:
>>32805904
>a hotel in LA where Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill and Steven Moffat were staying.[7] Moffat, seen wandering around eating a large bag of salt and vinegar chips, was reportedly heard saying "I can say with pride verging on smugness that I've got two very successful shows that assume their audience is very smart" and "Being the only important writer on a successful show is very rewarding".[8] On the Friday night, 5th August, Smith, Gillan, and Darvill were spotted leaving the hotel with Moffat following close behind. Smith was shortly seen physically shoving Moffat away from them, yelling at him to "rewrite time". When Moffat persisted in trying to follow them they all began to pinch his nipples causing him to "scream something like a pig"[9] Moffat eventually gave up, casually sauntering to the front desk and stating that "Brainy is the new sexy" before returning to his room.[10]
No idea why I thought making it look like a wikipedia page was a good idea, but there it is.

I also found the original post that I stole the first part of it from, but that's too vulgar for 2017.
>>
>>79598947
Nobody No-one.
>>
Wouldn't Mummy on the Orient Express be a GOAT regeneration story? Say the Mummy has chosen Clara as the next victim, there's no way out. Except if someone's willing to die quicker. The Doctor shoots himself and starts regenerating: the mummy senses his sickness and targets him. While dying and slowly regenerating in 66 seconds, the Doctor saves Clara by finding out what the mummy is and stopping it. Everyone is safe, except the Doctor who's now in the final stage of regeneration. A quick goodbye to Clara and... the new one comes springing.
>>
>>79622844
That would actually be pretty GOAT.
>>
Will the new series be a thrill a minute?
>>
>>79623730
a what?
>>
>>79617513
Netflix is removing Torchwood in a few days. March 1st, they said.

Funny thing is, they said they were gonna do it February 1st, but they postponed it for some reason..

I'm American, by the way, so it may be different for you wherever you are.
>>
>>79620439
>Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs
You mean
>Jules Verne, Edgar Rice, Burroughs
>>
Reminder Missy is back in Series 10 and escapes UNIT and the Doctor by letting a Weeping Angel send her back in time.
>>
File: C4_IxENUcAAHlim.jpg (259KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C4_IxENUcAAHlim.jpg
259KB, 1200x900px
What happened to all the fezfags? It's like Eleven never happened.
>>
>>79625143
That Tardis is as good as the Foreman one. I love it
>>
>>79625143
Nigga I know this is bait but it was at the Tenth Doctor meet up.
>>
>>79625191
It's from Gally One you pleb.
>>
>>79625264
At the Tenth Doctor meet up at Gallifrey One you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>79625143
Because they've actually grown up. They were kids/young adults that came with Matt and Moffat but now they know, they've grown out of wearing silly costumes. All of these guys started watching with RTD and Tennant, they're retarded, they're still in a child-like mental state.
>>
https://twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/833651762510884864
>>
https://twitter.com/DWPageOFFICIAL/status/833653614136659969
>>
>>79625376
That's from Harness' episode back in December.
>>
Series 5 was GOAT.

Series 6 was a mess.

Series 7 was mediocre. Doctor Who on auto pilot.

The 50th was great for what it was.

Series 8 was okay. Moffat getting back on track a bit.

Series 9 was GOAT. Moffat back to Series 5 levels.
>>
File: 1445107147936.gif (496KB, 245x178px) Image search: [Google]
1445107147936.gif
496KB, 245x178px
>>79625410
>Series 9 was GOAT. Moffat back to Series 5 levels.
>>
>>79625446
Frank off Tennant.
>>
Now that the dust has settled. Do you like DOTD?
>>
File: 1466274898827.gif (664KB, 250x138px) Image search: [Google]
1466274898827.gif
664KB, 250x138px
>>79625490
>>
>>79625542
Yes.
>>
>>79625563
GET OUT. TENNANT IS NOT ALLOWED HERE. NO TENNANT IMAGES ALLOWED!!!!
>>
>>79625542
Yes. I wish Ten was more relevant to the story though. He was just kind of there. Contrast with The Three Doctors and how Two actually mattered to the story.
>>
File: 1456099579625.gif (796KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456099579625.gif
796KB, 500x250px
>>79625590
GET OUT GET OUUUUUUT ALL OF YOU

WILL IT HURT?
>>
>>79625657
"Yes."
"Good. Allons-y!"
>>
Spoilerhounds are saying the finale's enemy is called Hterag the Erased. Wondering who it could be...
>>
>>79625647
I liked that they didn't do a Five Doctors thing where they tried to shove everyone they could into the episode and then there's basically no room in the script for anyone to get good scenes together. Big Finish did that for the audios that year and it was a mess.
>>
>>79625727
The Shalka Doctor
>>
>>79625727
Skinner the Erased
Roberts the Erased
>>
>>79625841
Nevermind, I just got the joke, hur hur
>>
remember when /who/ used to hate the 50th? i remember people were mad as fuck over the ending for a long time.
>>
>>79625647
He mattered in the scene where 11 forgets how many Gallifreyan children died
>>
>>79625878
>No Susan
>No Ian
We still hate it anon
>>
File: Rufus.jpg (54KB, 424x419px) Image search: [Google]
Rufus.jpg
54KB, 424x419px
>>79598947
>Flying rods
>Mandela Effect
>John Titor
>Polybius, the arcade game
>Time cube
>Number stations
An episode about any of the above would do me, really.

I'd be terrible if I was in charge of Doctor Who. All of the 20th/21st century stuff would be softcore /x/ shit and there'd be hardly any episodes where they travel backwards in time (& they'd be historical as fuck like the old days) but loads of future ones.
>>
>>79625905
i dont care about susan desu
no excuse for ian though. that was lame as hell. not even a cameo. should have been the teacher at the beginning of the episode.
>>
I want an episode going full X-Files. But that would require the Doctor not to be here though.
>>
>>79626009
We had a whole episode set in Coal Hill (to focus on Clara and Danny's fascinating relationship). I unironically blame Gareth more than Moffat.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
I forgot how bad this looked. Why did they even bother if they didn't have the budget to make it look good?
>>
>>79626211
Oh shit that McGann. Is that a variation on basement McGann I wonder?
>>
ELDRAD MUST LIVE
>>
>>79626211
Am I hallucinating or is there something SERIOUSLY wrong with Matt's neck here
>>
File: Emojibot.jpg (383KB, 575x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Emojibot.jpg
383KB, 575x1020px
WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY YOU FUCKING NORMALFAG?
>>
Best NuWho era?

https://youtu.be/0RbfenyIEG8
>>
Just start the new thread already.
>>
>>79626715
>>79626715
>>79626715
new thread
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.