[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me what I should think about this film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 17

Tell me what I should think about this film
>>
it's the best
>>
You're disgusted by the fascism and jingoism. You think war is horrible and should not be made light of.
>>
>>79389942
>Tell me what I should think about this film
Carmen > Dizz
>>
>>79389969
Hola amigo redditor
>>
>>79389989
they must have fucked irl
>>
Whoahhh..... So this is the power..... Of the RLM fanbase.....
>>
>>79389942
a good flick
>>
>>79389989
>Carmen > Dizz
Civilian detected
Get your fucking head straight
>>
>>79389969
>they sucked his brains out
>>
>>79390034
>Get your fucking head straight
I would rather bury it up Denise Richard's ass
>>
kind of like Funny Games it's bad satire that works best as an unironic example of the thing it's satirizing
>>
File: 1486307161170.jpg (30KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1486307161170.jpg
30KB, 205x205px
>we can't have Starship Troopers threads for a couple of months now because everyone will just be shart in mart because RLM said a thing
Fucking great
>>
>>79389942
skip it not worth the time man
>>
>>79389989
Imagine her puttin on a show for you with rico
>>
>>79389942
redlettermedia just posted a fine review of it, its creative intent, its general reception at its release and in retrospect. u should check it out
>>
>>79390061
>for a couple of months now
You mean forever
You can't say anything negative about the ST prequels without someone squealing "RLM", and how many fucking years ago did they do that?
>>
>>79390061
explain to me why tv idolizes the beer swilling midwesterners
>>
>>79390061
What thing are you referring to?
>>
>>79390055
What did Funny Games satirize?
>>
>>79390061
there wasn't anything wrong w/ their review like i mentioned here >>79390085

but agreed anyone who hasn't watched this movie ever day for 2+ decades deserves administrative punishment: ten lashes

bite down on this son, it helps. i know.
>>
>>79390111
DUDE AUDIENCES LIKE VIOLENCE LMAO
>>
It's my number 1 guilty pleasure movie and I can rewatch it non stop and not get tired of it. This along with Total Recall and Robocop are just so damn rewatchable.
>>
satire of fascism, jingoism, militarism
>>
File: paul.jpg (163KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
paul.jpg
163KB, 554x584px
>>79390139
Basically Verhoeven is the fucking king
>>
Buenos Aires was an inside job

The bugs are a falseflag
>>
Diz>Carmen

whoever disagres should go with the first wave
>>
>>79390171
hard to imagine how much coke has been thru that dude's nose
>>
> a fascist militaristic society will bring equality and diversity to the galaxy along with FTL travel and incredible galactic vacation destinations like Zegama Beach
Wait isn't this what leftists want?
>>
Friendly reminder Buenos Aires was a false flag
>asteroids can't melt steel beams
>>
>>79390222
No, leftists want redistribution of wealth.
>>
>>79390222
actually this
they have progress
they are tolerant (multiracial society)
they've colonized space

but where's religion?
>>
>>79390222
nah, after the future-jews encourage a destablizing war with the bugs the leftists would've invited bug refugees into our homes to give our women the BBugC
>>
>>79390248
Mormons caused the war by making an outpost in the bug zone
>>
File: FederationFlag.jpg (70KB, 572x317px) Image search: [Google]
FederationFlag.jpg
70KB, 572x317px
ITS A GOOD DAY TO DIE
WHEN YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY
CITIZENS, WE FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT
A NOBLE SACRIFICE
WHEN DUTY CALLS I'LL PAY THE PRICE
FOR THE FEDERATION I WILL GIVE MY LIFE
>>
>>79389942
As it turns out, superstar internet comedians RedLetterMedia just did! You can check out their new hilarious video in the following link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEdyq3UE5M

Make sure to like, comment and subscribe!
>>
>>79390207
he spilled some on his shirt
>>
>>79390034
>wanting to bed anyone who's had unprotected sex with Charlie Sheen
>>
>>79390264
forgot about them
so this is basically a paradise where everyone have a purpose in society?

and they're trying to make it something bad...
>>
>>79390264
According to non-citizen scum. It was space plasma an asteroid sent into orbit by bugs.
>>
>hurr durr starship troopers is FASCIST!

You know serving in the military wasn't the only way to become a citizen, right? It's just the path that Johnny and company decided to take. You can go be a teacher or a scientist or plenty of other jobs, so long as you're doing something to contribute to society.
>>
File: 1395765093218.jpg (170KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1395765093218.jpg
170KB, 1600x800px
>>79390222
The last time we tried this our medicine,science and technology fields advances roughly 50 years forward in period of 5 years
>>
>>79390349
>so long as you're doing something to contribute to society.
How about sperm donor? Could I jerk off for the good of the Federation?
>>
BUENOS AIRES WAS A FALSE FLAG BY OUR EVIL GOVERNMENT, #BUGLIVESMATTER
>>
>>79390349
>You can go be a teacher or a scientist or plenty of other jobs, so long as you're doing something to contribute to society.

You had to serve in the military in some capacity, but you didn't have to be involved in combat directly.
>>
>>79390373
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSjOhdb0WHg
>>
>>79390389
No, it was just any type of federal service, IIRC. Not just military.
>>
>>79390349
You cannot vote or hold public office unless you have military service.
Regardless of your comfort level in a post-scarcity society, you're a literal second class citizen.
>>
File: DHS-_Casper_Van_Dien.jpg (97KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
DHS-_Casper_Van_Dien.jpg
97KB, 500x600px
How can a man age so well?
>>
>>79390423
Shame about the career 'n' all
>>
>>79390389
In the book service wasn't necessarily military. Or maybe that's what the writer said at a later date.
>>
>>79390389
Well in the movie it seems like depending on your grades and interests the Federation chooses your role. NPH's character chooses something else but instead he gets selected for Games and Theory or something like that
>>
>>79390420
So you prefer a society where every retard is entitled to certain rights just because he's born?
>>
>>79390442
This, last I saw him was in one generic horror movie about a ghost pointing to a murderer. And he wasn't even important in that movie, he just tagged along a bit with the protag and got killed.
>>
>>79390311
it was a joyless society void of any human ambitions outside of rabid competition with each other and with ayyliums a zillion miles away who don't start shit. i think the only in-universe work of art you see is like the tattoos they get of their platoon
>>
>>79389942
I'm from Buenos Aries and I say watch em all
>>
>>79389989
>Carmen > Dizz
you know, Richards looks like shit now while Dina Meyers still looks pretty great.
>>
>>79390468
in all seriousness for what purpose do you need art for?
>>
The book is probably one of the best books I've ever read. I really like Heinlein's vision of society.

The film is not kino and has virtually nothing to do with the book, but that's a good thing because the movie Starship Troopers is classicly Verhoeven and easily one of the best not-serious movies of all time.

It's a 10/10 flick.

Also, Carmen is the only real Starfu, if you like Diz you're a fucking queer.
>>
>>79390468
They have future football, dances, live music and vacations to places on other planets. It's not all bad you just need to be willing to serve the Federation.
>>
>>79390460
Yes I do, in the interest of liberty and freedom.
You probably don't agree, but I respect your opinion too.
>>
>>79390511
I like Verhoeven's over-the-top sense of satire, but he's an uber-libcuck through and through. He said he barely read a few pages of Starship Troopers before throwing it away and just making the movie anyway.

It's a fun flick, like you said, but there's literally nothing wrong with limited suffrage
>>
>>79390510
Creative endeavors to understand ourselves and communicate thoughts and ideas for the betterment of everyone. Art isn't just sweeping aluminum statues in a bank plaza, its exchange of feelings and ideas.
We're actually discussing impact from a work of art right now.
>>
>>79390510
passive crowd control
>>
>>79390589
do you think artistic expression is necessary for human being to exist?
moreso there are other types of art other than expressionism.
and on top of that more than few people are expressing themselves through science or exercises other than art.

art and freethinking leads to degeneracy

>t i'm not a nazi
>>
>>79390629
how should it work?
>>
>>79390510
To provoke thinking and discourse. Like what is happening right now as we discuss a film on an imageboard dedicated to discussing film and tv (a medium of art).

You might reply that 'shitposting is not discourse' but I'd counter that not all discourse is shitposting. And although 'rlly makes u think' is a dank meme, the purpose of art is to make you think. It's stimulating and engaging and improves humanity as a whole. You might be a HFY fascist, but if you think humans are truly the best thing ever and that no other species should exist (other than those specifically in our enslavement for food, textiles and other industrious needs), you have to acknowledge that art has taken a major role in humanity's evolution.
>>
>>79390678
ok but what if you have already an unified society? what the discourse would give you? do you think that questioning the status-quo will add anything to the table?
>>
>>79390634
>on top of that more than few people are expressing themselves through science or exercises other than art.
Science is strictly and by definition not art. Science is the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. It is objectively speaking not art.
>>
>>79390713
so you are stating that one can only express oneself through art?
>>
>>79390463
the fucker lived in the basement all along
what fucking nonsense
>>
Satire angle aside, it's interesting that Mike compares Starship Troopers to Star Trek because out of the two, Starship Troopers shows a more realistic portrayal of how human society would be (and have to be) for them to be driven to become space faring and colonize other planets. Humans develop in the face of antagonizing forces, not through pure "science and reason", because without that adversarial drive people become complacent and decadent.
>>
>>79390510
get ready for autistic arty fucking feels nonsense
>>
>>79389942
Others can only encourage you to be analytical and critical, but they cannot draw the conclusions for you. Only you can think for yourself.
>>
>>79390782
>get ready for autistic arty fucking feels nonsense
>saying this on a film board
>>
>>79390782
you woldnt have this movie without art
>>
>>79390767
In the Star Trek universe didn't the Earth fall into horrible earth wide war the nearly destroyed humanity too? It's one of the reasons the Federation (in ST) avoids war.
>>
>>79390544
>Yes I do, in the interest of liberty and freedom.

What's the difference between the two?
>>
>>79390801
>being pragmatic is cool, man, I'm just like Sheldon from TBBT
>>
>>79390711
Challenging the status quo combats stagnation. Imagine you're in the 1800s and you asked the average normie how they think they could get around quicker. They'd probably ask you to breed faster horses or build carriages with less friction. Instead someone invented the automobile. I'm not implying that the invention of the automobile was the direct result of art but my point is if you aren't consistently questioning and seeking the next horizon through a variety of means, art and science included, you stagnate as a whole and get nowhere.
>>
>>79390222
That's really the point though, Verhoeven is conflicted about fascism and ST is his way of trying to work through his conflict. He hates fascism because fascism is inherently violent (by violent, I mean dynamic conflict, either within the individual or towards the enemy) and violence is something that still haunts him from his youth; but at the same time, he envies fascism for it's order, it's strength, it's veneration for the beautiful (Verhoeven is in love with beauty, see his previous film with their gorgeous cinematography). He is terrified of conformity and the subjugation of the individual to the needs of the commune, but his desire to see human equality and peace moves him towards that very same tendency towards the human as commune.

It's a lot more deep that "Ha, fuck totalitarianism". This is a man who has read The Republic and The Open Society and It's Enemies, and he's trying to show that the best parts of fascism are also it's most horrifying. It's up there with Pi for one of the most thought provoking movies of the 90's.
>>
>>79390814
Speaking generally, Freedom usually means to be free from something, whereas Liberty usually means to be free to do something, although both refer to the quality or state of being free. Jefferson's use of the terms almost always reflected those meanings.
>>
>>79390567
Problem with a bar for suffrage is someone has to set that bar. Those setting the bar will have interests. In the usa felons cant vote which is fucking crazy. It is an overt dig at the poor
>>
>>79390753
I wasn't stating that explicitly but I would argue that all self expression is artistic in one way or another. My point was that science is by definition not self expression. Real science has nothing to do with the opinion or the feelings of the individual. Science is observable and repeatable by any person of any background. You can write 1+1=2 in any language and it is unarguably true.

You can't 'express yourself through science' because the results you produce have nothing to do with you as an individual, they should be universal truths.
>>
>>79390820
>Challenging the status quo combats stagnation
Ok but the stagnation is what we get after everything will be in it's place.
>Imagine you're in the 1800s
James Watt claimed his steam engine around 1780s iirc.
but nevertheless artificial motion isn't a work of art...

not to mention that guy from alexandria around 2000 years ago
>>
File: fhd997SPT_Amy_Smart_001.jpg (258KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
fhd997SPT_Amy_Smart_001.jpg
258KB, 1920x1040px
>everyone always talks about Denise or Dina
>no-one remember muh waifu was in this
>>
>>79390892
in this case
science =-objective truth
art = subjective truth

also:
> My point was that science is by definition not self expression. Real science has nothing to do with the opinion or the feelings of the individual. Science is observable and repeatable by any person of any background.

if so how come only one man created telephone if anyone can do that?
>>
>>79390813
Yeah but humans will only stop fighting each other when there is an external threat to deal with
>>
>>79390908
good for you, that means she can stay your waifu and only yours
>>
>>79390420
But the Athenians knew the fundamental truth that the only people who can act as good stewards of the state are those who have a direct involvement in the state by protecting it and holding property. If you allow people who have zero involvement in the state - they do not protect it and they do not hold property - then they have no stake in that society, and will vote for measures that will enrich them but which will damage the ability of the state to survive.

You can see this today in democracies - those who do not defend the state and those who have no stake in the society (women, the poor) consistently vote for measures that impoverish the state and strip it of it's defences. Women consistently vote for measures against defence, they consistently vote for public benefits, they consistently vote for measures that overall fundamentally harm society.

The whole thing creates disorder, chaos and ruination. And Verhoeven sort of agrees when he says through Ironside's character about the collapse of the 21st century and the seizure of power by veterans. This can't just be waved away by "Oh, it's just propaganda", because the society in ST IS stable, IS prosperous, IS able to defend itself in direct contrast to the horrible situation we are in now.
>>
>>79390819
what?
>>
Panda pop
>>
>>79390782
But fascism glorifies art though. It's a cliche at this point about Hitler and Wagner.
>>
>Mike gives a thoughtful analysis sprinkled with personal anecdotes
>Jay cant stop laughing and interrupting like a little child

So when will Mike review movies on his own?
>>
>>79390264
Probably looking for Kolob
>>
>>79390965
>the society in ST IS stable, IS prosperous, IS able to defend itself in direct contrast to the horrible situation we are in now
The society in Starship Troopers is a FUCKING FICTIONAL SOCIETY

Name one functional fascist society that exists right now. I'll wait.
>>
>>79390965
Women pay taxes, i think theyre just dumb, like men, but in a different direction. We also dont see enough of the world, we dont see future earths ghettos. Rico is implicitly, well, explicitly, privileged as hell.
>>
>>79390965
Your argument relies on too many vague beliefs. Poor people don't spawn out of the earth just to spite society, women can be conservative and authoritarian, people reject society instead of being rejected by it and so on. It's typical fascist thinking to externalise all the downsides and failings.

>This can't just be waved away by "Oh, it's just propaganda
It can be negated by pointing out that it's a work of fiction, and it's easy to poke holes into it by becoming conscious of its framing. Much is omitted, obviously due to runtime concerns, but WHAT is omitted is a choice and that comes into play with the movie taking place within a media platform constantly pushing propaganda videos to the viewer.
>>
A true redpilled movie. Militarism, war and conquest are the key for advancing in history. Don't mind the libturd idiorts that keep saying it's a satire, as usual they don't know what they are talking about
>>
>>79389942
I'd say if you shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs.
>>
>>79390264
It's interesting though that the area the Mormon outpost was in was an "arachnid quarantine zone" so the Federation didn't want people there in the first place.
>>79391081
It took the collective might of multiple world powers to destroy one. Is there an example of a functioning/stable/prosperous society today that doesn't conform to "democracy"? When democracy will come if you want it or not.
>>
Watch it, get hammered and watch it again.

You'll come to realise it's a comedy.
>>
>>79389942
One of the best satire films, but even the best satire film pales in comparison to most decent honest films.
It's pretty easy to make an over the top mockery of something
>>
RLM circlejerk aside I loved this movie when it came out I saw it when I was 8 or so and didn't get the fascist satire
still love it and watch it once a year probably, It's a smarter movie than it gets credit for
>>
>>79390264
why would they make an outpost and what looks like desert shithole in middle of texas barrens
>>
>>79391252
Didn't they do that in Utah? Maybe they just like living in barren shitholes surrounded by hostiles.
>>
>>79390132
You're so edgy, will you be my senpai kino guide?
>>
>>79390460
So you prefer a society where every retard that shot things can vote?
>>
>>79390965
It's mostly the poor that voted for Trump, the closest to a fascist the US has seen for a while and closest to what you want

The rich also voted for trump, but they represent a tiny part of the US population, and the middle class voted democrat

The reality is that some state sponsored programs bring down the costs, and it's pretty hard to argue against that when public healthcare systems spend the least money on healthcare, we use public schools because they're cheaper and more efficient
>>
>>79391000
fascism glorifies art objectively liked by the totalitarian leader
>>
>>79391494
>It's mostly the poor that voted for Trump,

The average income of Trump's voters was higher than that of Hillary's
>>
>>79390819
Doesn't he hate and not understand art though? I think he had trouble liking Salieri's music.
>>
>>79391475
Citizenship in the book wasn't just for military service, any federal service was fine.

And yes I do believe that contributing to society and being invested in society should be required before having a say on how society runs.
>>
>>79391494
>It's mostly the poor that voted for Trump
Is there something wrong with this?
>>
>>79390965
No, most people vote on people and laws that will benefit them. Rich private owners will vote for lower taxes for them and externalizing costs., even if it negatively impacts everybody else. People working in public service will vote for more control from government because they don't want to lose a job. Poor will vote for people who will benefit them. Stupid people will vote for more commoncore. Soccer moms will go
>Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it.
And so on
>>
Dr. Strangelove did it better.
>>
This shit deserves a proper remake.
>>
>>79391564
But how is somebody that shot some shit on a remote planet contributing to society. He is defending it, but not a part of it. If anything military should have lower citizen rights as they spent defining moments of their young adult lives avay from society
>>
>>79391513
The statement you provided does not contradict the statememt you quoted
>>
>>79391764
no.
in today's climate there won't ve:
coed shower scene
boobs
far less violence

but further i'm thinking about it it appears that coed shower scene can and would be made by using burqas on cast
>>
>>79391609
Not at all, it's just the previous poster claimed that the poor and women shouldn't be allowed to vote because they were more likely to vote for 'detrimental' policy, which he mostly defined as social benefits and demilitarisation, when the reality of what poor voters go for is the opposite, at least in the US

Unlike the poster before me, I believe all adults should have the right to vote, and all votes should hold equal weight
>>
>>79391513
>I do not understand how statistics work

Maybe you have a point that NEETs shouldn't have a vote
>>
>>79391764
A really good way to make something like this now would be to play it as a perfect Islamic society. Strong, heroic men discussing the need for galactic Jihad, and then returning home to their loving hijab wearing wives. Glorious scenes of brave warriors waging holy war against the Bugs. A man covered in green bug goo gives praise to Allah on the field of battle. And everywhere, everyone is at peace and happy.

It would really fuck with both the minds of liberals and the right. The right would hate it because on the surface it would celebrate Islam, while the left would hate it because it shows a society based on the subjugation of women and non Muslims, but neither side could really attack it because for the the Right it actually hows their perfect society (it just happens to be Muslim) and for the left it would be Islamophobic.

It would be perfect.
>>
>>79392266
too bad (((Hollywood))) won't allow something like that
>>
>>79389942
Oh god I remember,
>Be 7 when movie comes out
>be like 9-10 when I videotape it
>already watched alien3 this way like a week before
>I thought I was ready
>end up skipping through to the fighting and 'commercials' [The movie ones, about the bigs and such]
>Was disappoint

>Be 17
>go to army thing to maybe join up
>They have promo movies
>Recruiter who asked my about my interests {I mention Star trek among the things} points me to a promoscreen of some blackops sheit entering a building and keeping civillians down with rifles 'Because some terrorist mught be around'
>"Cool huh, just like Starship Troopers"
>"...Ehm, Yeah, haha. Though I like Star Trek"

>Rewatch the movie back home {download \yeah/}
>Oh shit
>The army fucked him up to the point he didn't get the movie
>>
>>79392266
pretty good idea and pretty good double dubs

nice post anon i like it
>>
File: rico.jpg (73KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
rico.jpg
73KB, 900x506px
Anybody see that weird ass completely devoid of irony CG movie with Johnny Rico as Big Boss?

I saw that, not Roughnecks though.
>>
>>79391692
Did what better? The two movies have fuck all to do with each other aside from the fact that they're both satirical.
>>
>RLM does a thing on Starship Troppers
>/tv/ slash Reddit makes a thread

Hmmm makes you think
>>
>>79392684
It happens every time.
>>
>>79392539
he got to pilot cool as shit mech, we also got to see ice queens milfy tits
>>
>>79389942
RLM is terrific imo
>>
>>79392684
They are my friends.
>>
>>79389989
Look for Denise Richards on Howard Stern.

That interview is pure gold. That sluts knows what men want.
>>
>>79390908
holy shit, amy smart was the starship troopers!

holy shit
>>
>>79389942
after watching flesh+blood the director must be an actual cuckold.
>>
>>79392661
Anti-war message.
>>
>>79390908
she is a fucking rat
>>
>>79390511
>I really like Heinlein's vision of society.

Kill yourself
>>
>>79389942
a Real UnCucked Society
>>
>>79390055
t h I s
>>
>>79393088
which one?
link pls.
>>
>>79395594
fug, I think they took it down. It was usually the first result on youtube.

She's wearing a purple gown-dress or something like that. But whatever, It seems there's a lot more content about her now. I'm gonna watch it right now.
>>
>>79394468

>t. Commie libcuck
>>
>>79390879
Yeah, god forbid the poor don't commit felonies, what an unfair system.
>>
>>79395660
is this clip from the right interview
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/68198/Howard-Stern-Denise-Richards-Lesbian-Experience/
>>
>>79395878
yeah, that's the one.
>>
>>79390879
>those poor felons cant vote

Purge all criminals
>>
>>79395927
ok so that's from a 2011 interview then, if I read it right.
thx anon!
>>
I hope people will finally appreciate this movie now that even RLM made a video about it.
>>
>>79390879
wow, I didn't know felons couldn't vote in the USA. at least something these idiots did right with their bat-shit retarded voting system.
>>
>>79391197
The USA fought on two fronts. The Germans for BTFO everywhere.
>>
Unironically one of my favorite movies and tied with Total Recall as my favorite Verhoeven movie.
I can watch this sucker any day of the week, with or without satire goggles.
>>
>>79390946
The Federation is always at war or cold war with someone else though. High-minded ideals don't make the Klingons/Romulans/Borg/Cardassians stop trying to kill you and take your stuff.
>>
>>79390222
>complete merger of state and corporations
>constant foreign wars of aggression with little justification beyond strengthening the national interest
>extreme limitations on human rights, particularly those of journalists
>relentless exploitation of ethnic tensions to distract people from all of the above
>cult-like adulation of the god-like leader who can do no wrong and cannot be questioned

Are the democratic party fascists?
>>
>>79396235
>nothing, it's spoonfeeding you

yeah, this is why nobody got it back in 1997 and critics hated it.
it took 10 years for people to realize that this was supposed to be a satire.
>>
>>79390349
But muh right to have political power simply for having been born and surviving 18 years!
>>
File: snap.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
snap.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
>thought the fascism references weren't really that strong while first watching the movie
>mfw I saw these uniforms
>>
>>79390093
Your brain instinctively desires a group of likeminded humans to gravitate to, which every other generation in human history has accomplished by, get this, meeting people. But the internet has allowed people to cocoon themselves into more insular, risk-free lives, and the need for companionship isn't as easily met. And voila, people find their RoosterTeeth or their Gamegrumps or their RedLetterMedia that suits their tastes, and unconsciously scratch that itch, even though there is no real relationship. RLM, like all Reviewer/Letsplayer/Youtuber groups, is simulated friendship. It's an artificial band-aid for the psyche.

That's why people like this garbage entertainment consisting of middle-aged losers giving their completely pedestrian, boring opinions about movies under a pile of horrible anti-humor. Everything is fun with "friends".
>>
>>79390782
Leave 'em alone anon they've got to justify those student loan payments somehow, gotta convince themselves that the rsi from serving lattes to people who got real degrees was worth it.
>>
>>79390945
>if so how come only one man created telephone if anyone can do that?
Are you saying that if Graham Bell died we wouldn't ever get telephones? He was the only person in the history of mankind able to visualize the telephone?
>>
>>79391494
> the closest to a fascist the US has seen for a while
Are you fucking kidding me?

Your last president had the entire country under surveillance and locked up more journalsits then ever president before him combined and the guy before him launched an aggressive war against another country while creating a massive torture program. Your country was already fascist, you were just too brainwashed to notice.
>>
>>79389942
>have planet destroying bombs
>don't just destroy bug planets with it
>>
>>79390965
yeah man I agree. Sharia Law is the ay to go
>>
Supposed to be parody but fascism is a hell of a drug and people love the aesthetic and the idea of working for something other than your own selfish pleasures.
>>
This film unironically inspired me to join the military.
>>
>>79396235
wait a minute, the book was not satire?

this makes the movie even better.
>>
>>79396435
bet your real fun at parties
>>
>>79389989
>choosing worst girl
>>>/out/
>>
>>79389989
WTF is this in the deleted scenes? Never saw it before!
>>
>>79389942
>war is fascism
>war is only for real man
>fascism is only for real man
discuss
>>
>>79396970
>war is fascism
No it's not, but a part of fascist societies is that they are always at war against foreign enemies or enemies inside their own territory, justifying a terror state.
>war is only for real man
Who said that?
>fascism is only for real man
My attention span is over.
>>
>>79389942
Good movie.

Nu-males need not apply.
>>
>>79397240
I've heard that book is a must-read in the military.
>>
>>79390222
the whole citizen thing is far away from current leftism
>>
File: 1385795100030.png (152KB, 1200x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1385795100030.png
152KB, 1200x1620px
>>79390222

It's what liberals want. Leftists are something different.
>>
>>79390544

Neither liberty nor freedom have anything to do with the right to vote.
>>
>>79389942
It's very good, in spite of RLM giving it a favorable review.
>>
File: rural and suburban retards.jpg (191KB, 1242x818px) Image search: [Google]
rural and suburban retards.jpg
191KB, 1242x818px
>>79391494

This is the most idiotic post I've ever seen. Stop sucking up propaganda.
>>
>>79391507

>there's no thing as degenerate art, goy! it's all just opinion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wWKbToipO8
>>
>>79396861
At least he goes to parties instead of just simulating them with his simulated friends on youtube.
>>
File: 1486599156275.jpg (21KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1486599156275.jpg
21KB, 403x403px
>>79389942
the Tl;DR?

The director didn't even satirize fascism, the government of the troopers is more like a neo-colonialist thing than a fascist thing.
>>
>>79389942
https://youtu.be/0LkWyyJcROY
>>
File: pantheon.jpg (12KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
pantheon.jpg
12KB, 198x255px
>>79391507
>fascism glorifies art objectively liked by the totalitarian leader

Because House of Air was definitely art, pornography is definitely art, modern "art" is definitely art etc?

Brutalism a shit btw
>>
>>79389942
nice tiddies
>>
>>79391609
sure. hes going to cut taxes for the rich and corporations which will lead to more poor people taxes and tolls. plus when the economy tanks it them thatll get fucked. plus when the healthcare industry blows up theyll get fucked. Was a mighty bamboozle.
>>
>>79390301
Thank you fellow 4chan /tv/ poster. I'll be sure to share this video on my social media so my friends can enjoy it as well!
>>
>>79398098
non is fascism.
>>
>>79398175
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>79396351
yup, you should be required to go on offensive wars first
>>
File: 340.png (89KB, 520x284px) Image search: [Google]
340.png
89KB, 520x284px
>>79398147
If you cut taxes you can actually increase the amount of tax revenue you generate.
This is because people move capital from non taxable assets back to taxable assets because it generates a better return on investment for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve
>>
>>79396640
Gotta keep the war going.
>>
>>79396640
Can't colonise destroyed planets.
>>
>>79398147
Have you even read his tax plans? Singles making under 25k a year and couples making under 50k a year dont't have to pay income tax anymore.
>>
>>79391513
>>79391987
Why don't you show me some statistics showing that the median income of Hillary voters was higher, then? Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass. If the average income of Trump voters is higher, it's statistically unlikely for your statement about "mostly the poor" voting for Trump to be true, so unless you can prove otherwise your claim is unfounded at best.
>>
>>79397633
That guy is full of shit.
>>
>>79391794
>He is defending it, but not a part of it.
That's retarded. If he's defending it, and he could possibly lose his life doing so, than why isn't he a part of it? You might as well go find some WW1/2 veterans and spit in their faces while your at it.
>>
>>79389942
At first glance it is a scifi action flick, and a high quality one at that, it is refreshing to see creativity in the aliens and choreography, no shakycam or fast cutting.

Of course there is a layer of irony like in robocop and total recall, Verhoeven's usual "deep" underlying meaning.
>dude, like, it reflects our own society and really makes you think, lmao

The more refined patrician however will look to the book itself and how it ensnared the modern liberal moviemaker and used him as a vessel to spread its underlying message.

Here we have a fascist state, yet one with male and female soldiers, where an Oprah-sized black female general replaces an incompetent old white man, one where people who don't have the vote can become wealthy and have a lot of freedom. It blows out of the water the notions that democracy is essential for oppressed minorities, capitalism, meritocracy and nice things. Call me a fedora if you must but we can see this today, China's economy is growing rapidly without any kind of democracy, westerners can do business there and only have to deal with corruption that is about the same as anywhere else in the world. Democracy is more a reflection of naturally formed power structures, maybe it helps a little, but it was never necessary and certainly not something we should depend on. I still value democracy but even I have to admit it isn't everything and we need to take an honest realistic look at the underlying power structures of society and the problems democracy can't solve as well.
>>
>>79390965
>protecting the state
>holding property

You realize the only value in the military in this scenario is too protect the interests of the property owners, right? They ultimately are just as damaging to society, if left alone, as anyone else, in the eyes of the property owners. So what your proposing is that the best system of governance is one that is controled by those who own the rights to the land, and they are protected by their own serfs who desire a vote in the election process.

This is the optimal situation for those who are in power, and wish to stay in power. The very small percentage of land owners, followed by a large percentage of militarized protectors of the said land owners, and all sitting above the rest which is an even larger percentage.
>>
>>79390258
lmao
>>
>>79398796
But how many refugees is China taking in?

Democracy 1
Communisim 0
>>
>>79390423
Scandinavian genes
>>
I honestly dont understand how people miss the whole comparison of the MI and commanders to the bugs and brain bug
>>
>literally aliens: the rip off

it was kino in how even women got btfo
>>
File: N5qhWmJ.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
N5qhWmJ.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>79397633
Kaczynski was right all along
>>
>>79389942

I was 13 when this movie came out on VHS so I really liked it. Especially the tits.

In hindsight it's a pretty crap movie.
>>
>>79390510

if we couldn't express ourselves (whether for a living or even in downtime) we'd all go insane and murder each other

art is also a communicative tool as well as a way of capturing a mood, time or place

fuck's sake we've been painting on shit since we were cavemen, it's not hard to figure out why
>>
>>79390510
>why do you need taste in your food
>>
>>79398286
There are others. They have FTL so that really wouldn't be that much of an issue. Resources and manpower wasted on that bug war could be used better. Hell, I bet they could terraform some shit planets with what they've wasted already.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.