[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Young Pope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: young-pope-hbo-man-repeller-4.jpg (675KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
young-pope-hbo-man-repeller-4.jpg
675KB, 1200x796px
>Perfectly cast
>Fantastic score
>Genuinely complex characters
>Sympathetic but realistic discussion of faith
>Zero liberal propaganda, but not right-wing either, no bias
>Costumes and setting were top-notch

This was an absolute kinograph

Normies will never watch it, but fuck me this was good
>>
>>79174579
im an atheist and couldnt give a flying fuck about spiritual questions
when you die you turn to dirt, thats it
will i get anything from this show other than sore eyes (from rolling)?
>>
>>79174579
All that OP said is objectively truth.
>>
>>79175908

*shits in your mouth*

Turn THAT into dirt
>>
Best show hbo has put on in a long time.

It's very cerebral and not the way Westworld is. Normies will hate it but its patrician television for people with a brain and soul.
>>
>>79174579
there really is nothing to talk about it. It simply is pure kino.
>>
>>79175908
Like any good art, it doesn't care about what you believe, and still delivers a perfectly crafted story.

Seriously, do you not watch any science-fiction or fantasy because it doesn't align with your reality?
>>
>>79176714
>Best show hbo has put on in a long time.

That's only because HBO didn't produce it
>>
>>79174579
Seems like it was written by people who didn't really understand Catholicism though, to be honest. I've only seen a few scenes and read stuff but it is very much an outsider's perspective.
>>
>>79174579
it was very unfocused, but it had a mesmerizing quality to it which just made me want to go with the flow, but there isn't much of a coherent plot to speak of.
>>
>>79175908
It will teach you about life

And that goodness comes from internal growth

It's also visual kino
>>
>>79176857
>>79176714
>>79176728
>>79176626
>>79174579
Sounds like edgecore for christfags.

When you want to feel like a christian badass but most christian propaganda like jesus rock is too cringey to get on board.

Pass.
>>
>>79176926

What a retarded observation from someone who admittedly didn't even watch the show. Kill yourself
>>
>>79175908
idiot, nobody really believes in God, it's just a lot of self deception and wishful thinking. everytime you see a story about someone's "faith wavering" it's their inability to reconcile juvenile beliefs with harsh reality. in the case of a pope, one has to feel the power of how far "spiritual" lies can go. "faith" has given the catholic church an entire country, a modern monarch who supposedly speaks to god. spiritual questions are just another facet of the struggles we face in our everyday. you don't have to be religious because there is nothing fundamentally different about religious people. we all struggle with ourselves.
>>
>>79176926
>let me tell you about this show I haven't seen
>>
>>79176951

>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 293875923875.jpg (67KB, 738x462px) Image search: [Google]
293875923875.jpg
67KB, 738x462px
>>79175908
>this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE
>>
>>79174579
>>Zero liberal propaganda, but not right-wing either, no bias
>americans actively seek out agendas and shallow political readings of works

l'morte de auteur was a mistake
>>
>>79175908
This is the kind of thinking which caused the communist genocides of last century.
>>
>>79177007
But I'm not a burgerfat

And burgerfat shows usually DO crowbar in some political bias. This doesn't
>>
>>79176986
-tips fedora- what a mature atheist!
>>
File: snack time.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snack time.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>79174579
>this guy
>>
>>79176938
It's a character study you fuck. Plot is secondary. Plot is irrelevant outside what it reveals and changes about the characters.

Obsession with plot and plot twists is why most tv viewers don't understand art.
>>
>>79176998
>>/reddit/
>>
>>79176986
The vast majority of all humans throughout history believe in God. That doesn't necessarily mean subscribing 100% to religious dogma, but I don't see how you can look at the world around you without seeing evidence of a higher organizing force. Belief in "God" is basically just recognizing that your existence fits into a larger pattern that doesn't care much about your plans or intentions.
>>
>>79176965
>>79176987
Oops looks like I upset the doos vault """"""""""""""Catholics""""""""""""""
>>
I watched one scene from it and I noticed they got something wrong about Catholic teaching. They mentioned that "the Pope is infallible" but that isn't true, Papal infallibility only occurs when he speaks ex Cathedra, which has only happened like five or six times in history. The Pope himself isn't infallible.
>>
>>79174579
Was going to watch this recently, I have HBO just never put it on on sundays. Good to know.
>>
File: nutten.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nutten.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>79177117
>>
>>79176986
>fails to accept the concept of god is broad and subjective
>>
I have forgotten God
>>
>>79177736
The show captures catholicism on a more basic and emotional level even though Sorrentino gets some of the theology wrong.
>>
>>79177066
>Time for your snack Holy Father

>The look he gives her

GOAT.
>>
>>79178068
>My SNACK?
>You want to look me in my FACE?
Role of a lifetime for Jude Law desu. He cracks me up in almost every scene
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.