[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/got/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 29

File: image.png (499KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
499KB, 1280x674px
>>79073533
Bridge Euron > Kingsmoot Euron edition
>>
File: 23045702576.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
23045702576.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
was it Autism?
>>
Aeron's speech was GOAT

Listen to the waves, bitch!
>>
File: IMG_2434.jpg (37KB, 270x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2434.jpg
37KB, 270x406px
>>79103403
Euron 'Crazy Baby' Greyjoy
>>
>>79103492
yes it was.
suck that it was cut with shots of memeasha stealing the fleet.

also he's not really aeron right, just a random priest? I barely pay attention anymore not sure if I missed he was Aeron.
>>
File: IMG_2721.jpg (29KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2721.jpg
29KB, 231x218px
Euron vs Victarion
Who Will Win?!
>>
>>79103652
He is Aeron, credits and HBO viewer guide confirm it
>>
>>79103767
victarion is the brute, Euron is the mastermind.
it'd be kinda shitty if it all ended as a battle (normal battle with weapons) and Euron got rekt... "Oops, guess I didn't think Victarion could actually beat me".
>>
>>79103629
Thanks
>>
File: cheerful_ellie.jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
cheerful_ellie.jpg
62KB, 500x333px
>/got/ wouldn't ask her to dance

Are you all gay lmao?
>>
>>79104081
The frog is leaving the show. Yara is our girl now.
>>
File: Cersei-Lannister.jpg (25KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cersei-Lannister.jpg
25KB, 300x400px
/our girl/
>>
>>79104081
if /got/ isn't all gay they'd probably rather ask a girl who actually looks like a girl, and not a boy with curly hair.
>>
>>79104103
yara is our bitch on a leash
she's on team Dany she can't ever be /ourgirl/
same with sneks and shit.
you can fap to them but they're not our girls.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 1350x900px
>>79104154
This
>>79103652
They never said his name but he is Aeron and Yara told Dany she wanted help killing "an uncle or two" referring to Aeron as her uncle.
>>
So when Theon mentioned his uncles burning the Lannister fleet in season one in retrospect it must have been Euron and Aeron because of no Victarion in the show.
D&D are lucky that worked out, that line wouldn't have made sense if they hadn't decided to add in Aeron (seeing as for a long time HBO listed Euron as Balon's only brother).
>>
Is anybody seriously going to follow John once they find out he is not a Stark with no Stark blood.
>>
>>79104272
>"an uncle or two"

Which makes Yara a bitch. Aeron did nothing wrong in the show, the law is clear and Balon is not above it nor is Yara, not even like Aeron rallied against her or took sides at the kingsmoot, yet she wants to kill him for following succession law and officiating a ceremony
>>
>>79104424
But he has Stark blood, just from the wrong person, so the throne is Bran's
>>
File: IMG_2722.jpg (45KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2722.jpg
45KB, 482x482px
Euron Greyjoy needs his own serie/spinn-off!!
He is basically Edward Richtofen of the asoiaf, whit his steps, plans and ritual (cod zombies easter egg) to gain knowledge, power and brining the long night with him.

Euron Greyjoy is goat and a patrician villian.
>>
>>79104272
The only thing I want for S7 is a long leashed walk or the collaring/leashing scene.

Maybe a bit of petplay too.
>>
Cersei indirectly caused Barron's death, shit's gonna get serious with her and Jaime soon, I'm calling it first, rate.
>>
>>79104500
That doesn't mean he'll take it.
>>
you have 20 seconds to name all seven of Davos' sons from the book

Go ahead, I'll wait
>>
>>79105150
Go fuck yourself jonfag.

Bran is the rightful king and he won't be an old man in a tree
>>
Jaqen H'ghar kills Euron 'Crazy Baby' Greyjoy.

THE END
>>
>>79103403
I still cant get over how badly the show butchered Euron.
>>
>>79105213
one of them was called stannis if i remember correctly, the eldest of mathos i think, i got nothing after that.
>>
>>79105288
He will though, you don't need to be so aggressive about the facts boi. Bran's gonna be like "nah i'm like a tree dude or some shit now" and he'll spout a bunch of bullshit nobody cares about, become a tree man and probably end up dying and warging into a direwolf or crow or whatever.

No need to sperg out if your favorite character (bad choice though) doesn't end up the way you want him to. It's GRRM's (and D&D's world) world, not yours. Deal with it.
>>
>>79105213
Davon
Dabos
Daros
Daron
Dabon
Daboy
Stannis
>>
Tywin Lannister
Stannis Baratheon
Tyrion Lannister
Jaqen H'Ghar
Kindly Man
Arya Stark
Euron Greyjoy
Moqorro
Thoros of Myr
Beric Dondarion
Sandor Clegane
Ned Stark
Roose Bolton

I love those characters of asoiaf.
>>
>>79105407
>jonfags actually believe this

Prince of Winterfell, bitch. And he's not my favorite character, I just recognize his rightful claim and role instead of deluding myself, whatever ending D&D have will be George's and George isn't a jonfag or sansafag or danyfag like Dumber and Dumber
>>
File: Ashley Johnson Maisie Williams.png (554KB, 945x707px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley Johnson Maisie Williams.png
554KB, 945x707px
uh oh
>>
>>79105626
I recognize his rightful claim as well, however he'll never take on the roll. If you think George is gonna give any of the Starks a perfect ending then you're wrong. He'll make come up with some sort of Bran the Rebuilder bullshit or whatever. Also technically speaking King's word is law and if Robb's will would be brought before everyone Jon would have claim of Winterfell by law. Yes, it might not be ideal for you but George doesn't give a shit. If you keep deluding yourself into thinking Bran's ever gonna take the lordship of Winterfell and marry Meera or whatever you branpedos dream about all day then you'll be disappointed once you see the ending.

Here's hoping the White Walkers will win and every single one of you faggots in this thread won't get to bitch about how your most hated character ends up "winning".

Also there is no one person that could win since the main character is the world itself and the ending will mainly focus on what will actually happen to the world and not just the characters themselves.

By the end of this none of the characters will be relevant, just the outcome of this shitstorm of a series.
>>
>>79105688
who?
>>
>>79106083
nobody that matters
>>
s7 wen
>>
>>79106227
I'd bet on August at this point.
>>
File: SANSA THE MIND TRICK QUEEN.png (463KB, 415x520px) Image search: [Google]
SANSA THE MIND TRICK QUEEN.png
463KB, 415x520px
>>79105688
I thought that was Sansa "The Mind Trick Queen" Stark, queen of Westeros for a second
>>
>>79106083
Ellie's voice actor from the last of us
>>
>>79103423
Even a sperglord may rise high in Westeros.
>>
>>79105150
yes it does
>>
>>79106240
Damn that's quite late compared to usual, what's the holdup?
>>
>>79106049
>Bran getting to become King is a perfect ending

lol wot? And if he'll be the rebuilder, why can't he be king which would give him the most power in rebuilding everything? He even knows Winterfell more than any of the others.

I don't even care if he marries Meera or not, I'd actually find it creepy since he's a 9 year old kid and she's 15. Besides, it's a kid crush on his side, that's nothing.

And Robb's will legitimizes Jon on the basis of being Ned's bastard and a Snow, neither of which are true. He's not Ned's, he's not a bastard and he's not a Snow, Bran is Ned's oldest surviving son, he's his heir and also Robb's heir
>>
>>79106696
>And Robb's will legitimizes Jon on the basis of being Ned's bastard and a Snow, neither of which are true. He's not Ned's, he's not a bastard and he's not a Snow, Bran is Ned's oldest surviving son, he's his heir and also Robb's heir

it infuriates me how everything always has to work out perfectly for jon no matter what
>hes a targ
>oh wait lol he looks exactly like a stark isnt that convenient

>he gets killed
>oh wait lol he gets ressurrected and it gets him out of the nights watch so he can go play king

>hes a bastard and has no claim to the north or winterfell
>oh wait lol robb legitimized him

>hes a targ but still just a bastard
>oh wait lol his parents actually married each other so hes the legitimate heir

literally worst character in all of fiction
>>
File: mfw literally bran.jpg (61KB, 475x600px) Image search: [Google]
mfw literally bran.jpg
61KB, 475x600px
>>79106591
>branpedos think this will ever happen

The delusion...
>>
File: chart5.jpg (310KB, 1532x1252px) Image search: [Google]
chart5.jpg
310KB, 1532x1252px
>>
>>79106868
Is comparing him to harry potter supposed to be an insult because you jonfags are always the first to splerg out when someone says hes more like harry potter than jon is
>>
>>79106890
and maisie?
>>
>>79106694
They started filming later for more Wintery environments
>>
>>79106947
shes outside the diagram because nobody likes her
>>
>>79106890
Reddit loves Stannis.
>>
>>79107267
Maybe you should go back and talk to them about it. Why do you faggots always admit to being redditors?
>>
>>79106961
Really makes you think.
>>
>>79107292
I know hating on plebbit is the cool thing the cool kids do, but the /r/asoiaf sub is actually pretty good.
>>
Jonsa
Gendric
Rhollelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsey
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
KindlyOle
Jaimure
Olefish
>>
>>79107437
Stannos?
>>
>>79107350
Good? If you say you like the High Sparrow, you will be called a religious biggot. If you say anything that doesn't meet people's liberal viewpoint over there, your post will be instantly downvoted and hidden. This is why people hate redddit.
>>
>>79106890
and jaqen?
>>
>>79107437
I approve this shipping list.
Neat couple
>>
>>79103423
Rereading some of ACOK, he genuinely does come across as autistic in his meeting with Renly.
>>
>>79107749
On this particular subreddit? Never happened to me. People will argue, but I never got downvoted for opinions there.
>>
>>79107437
Jon X Sansa
Gendry X Podrick
?
Jaqen X Melissandre
Hot Pie X Gendry
Tormund X Brienne
Walder X Catelyn
Catelyn X Tyrion
Robb X Theon
?
Bran X Meera
?
?
Jaqen X Arya (100% canon) (true ship)
Gendry X Arya (non-canon) (false ship)
Waif X Jaqen (80% canon) (possible)
?
Jaime X Edmure
Olena X Blackfish
>>
is book Tywin as based as show Tywin?
>>
File: IMG_2720.jpg (97KB, 1024x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2720.jpg
97KB, 1024x711px
A reminder that Kindly Man is the real leader of the Faceless Men and Braavos.
>>
>>79108181
tywin is overrated
>>
File: Just do it1.jpg (45KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
Just do it1.jpg
45KB, 550x397px
>>79107866
>approving jonsa

Please kill yourself
>>
>>79108315
Tywin serving as hand had the potential of being the best thing for the realm since Robert murdering that crazy emo. Had Joff not started the War of the Five Kings, the Seven Kingdoms would've entered a golden age lead by the golden man himself.
>>
>>79108386
Except jonsa
Happy now?
Do i still n-need to h-hang my self?
>>
>>79108430
It's not so much that, it's how people act like he masterminded the whole WOT5K when it was really just a series of extremely lucky coincidences and in reality he only won because he couldn't defeat fucking Edmure in battle.
>>
>>79108591
>shipping Walder x anything
>shipping slash shit like robb x theon or jaime x edmure or hot pie x gendry or gendry x pod
>shipping jaqen x anything
>shipping le meme dwarf with anyone but penny
>shipping old people

Kill yourself or go back to tumblr/ao3
>>
>>79108704
>shipping jaqen x anything
>not shipping Jaqen with someone
Now that's where you are fucking wrong pleb face.

I agree with rest, i only wanted to support anon in his list, to boost his ideas and confidence.

No, i dont want kill myself or go to that feminist shithole named tumblr, i want to stay on 4chan.
>>
>>79108093
Jonsa
Gendric
R'hlloelly-supposed to be r'hllor and Melisandre but I fucked up the spelling
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay-Joffrey and Ramsay -again fucked the spelling
Breera
Thormelly-Thoros of myr xMelisandre
Robbgery-Robb x Margaery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
KindlyOle-kindly old man x olenna
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
>>
>>79108615
I agree that WOT5K wasn't all according to keikaku, but it wasn't Tywin's fault either. Tywin was a political player and Joffrey put him into a position where he had to play military commander.
>>
Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright
>>
>>79108836
Jaqen X Arya
Waif X Jaqen
Tyrion X Penny
Kindly Man X Kindly Woman
>>
>>79108704
>gendry x pod
Why is this ship making the rounds at /got/ lately?
>>
>>79108852
>wasn't Tywin's fault either
>lemme just go to war because my meme dwarf son was taken hostage or some shit
>>
>>79108937
I already told you, tumblr/ao3. Tumblr LOVES slash fic with attractive men, Draco x Harry, Sam x Dean, Dean x Castiel, Lucifer x Sam, etc.
>>
>>79108093 #
Jonsa
Gendric
R'hlloelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
KindlyOle
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny(isn't there a theory he is her dad?)
I just do it as a bump and for fun. Give me your ships people. I made up a group of them but I wouldn't be surprised if they already had fans and fan works out there.
>>
File: 1460475262841.png (34KB, 840x567px) Image search: [Google]
1460475262841.png
34KB, 840x567px
>It's another "wild cards blog post" episode.
>It's another "Donald Trump rant blog post" episode.
>It's another "Blog post about awards" episode.
>It's another "look at these books by other authors blog post" episode.
>It's another "blog post about something in the Song of Ice and Fire universe but not Winds" episode.
It's another "George is angry and insults his fans because they want the conclusion of his series before they die of old age blog post" episode.
>>
>>79108972
>being this bad at the game of thrones
Tywin's plan was to lure Ned out into the Riverlands and have Gregor take care of him. This only failed because Jaime did the Edmure thing and fucked it up. Also had Joffrey not executed Ned, the whole "KINGINDANORF KILL ALL LANNISTERS" thing wouldn't happen. Robb didn't give a shit about Riverrun until he needed the Tullys' help.
>>
Not shitting you guys I had a fucking nightmare about that wild cards shit. I had to complain to someone that the fact that they are a fan and are buying his books is delaying his finishing of asoiaf. But if it wouldn't be that you just know it would be some other shit. Me thinks I need a break from /got/.
>>
>>79109328
the song basket case came up on autoplay on youtube and i heard the line "mind plays tricks on me" as "mind trick queen"
i think i need a break from /got/ as well
>>
Gendrick
>>
>>79109270
>It's another GRRM is so slow we will never get TWOW and I will never find out how based Stannis goes out.
>>
What happened between bridge euron and kingsmoot euron? Different directors? Different writers for the episodes. The actor has limited range? Different editors? He is at a lame point now in the show. Perhaps he will be 50% good in the first half of s7 and 50% in the second half and it will be the same for s8.
>>
File: Chunky Salsa.jpg (379KB, 842x420px) Image search: [Google]
Chunky Salsa.jpg
379KB, 842x420px
>>79109394
The mind trick queen is mind tricking you irl. who can stop her?
>>
>>79109707
He will immediately regret shireen's death and go towards the wood pile and ashes that are left of her. He will accidentally get a splinter in his finger. He will ignore it and it will fester and he dies because he won't accept Mel's help anymore. Really I have no idea but will he die? Or will he take the black? Or will he just go live away somewhere in shame? Give us the books grrm!!
>>
>>
>>79109854
It won't be Stannis who burns Shireen in the books, she's at Castle Black with Mel and Selyse.
>>
File: 1486056953541.png (349KB, 531x433px) Image search: [Google]
1486056953541.png
349KB, 531x433px
How does /got/ feel about Tyrion at this point? Will he resolve his beef with his siblings and/or kill cersei?

Too much shit going on already he's basically a background character at this stage.
>>
>Stannis takes Winterfell
>burns the godswood
>the Children scream and Bloodraven mindfucks Stannis to death
>leaderless North backs Jon after Robb's jonfaggy will comes to light
>Rickon gets eaten by Skagosi wights

Rate this
>>
File: IMG_2620.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2620.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
>>79109270
Death?
Hallucinating?
Dreaming?
Vision?
Mind fuck?
>>
>>79103403
heres how i think next season will go:
>arya heads up north to reunite with her broth jon after poisoning the frey family at a feast with a deadly but rare poison called shadowshark
>she arrives the same time the jon meets theon and beats him up using a stick for what he did at winterfell
>the choreography is reminiscent of the movie hero and particularly jarring considering the only training we see arya receiving is a guantanimo style beating from waif and suddenly she is like a kung fu expert
>sansa and jon break their bonds due to the learned heritage of jon and sansa plots with littlefinger to kill jon by organizing a mutiny with the rest of the lords (she goes around with littlefinger talking to all the houses again for support like she did in s6)
>bearloli rats on her and jon sends arya to kill her
>arya kills littlefinger and uses his face mask to get closer to sansa who is now leading half the north army, sansa now goes by the name the "Red Wolf"
>using dany's dragons jon defeats sansa in a battle that culminates at the top of the ice wall
>he burns sansa and "littlefinger" alive but didnt realize that arya was just using that as cover for the right moment to take out sansa
>after the battle jon finds "littlefingers" extra crispy body and holds it for the dramatic reveal
>he pulls the burnt top layer of face off to reveal and unscathed arya face with blue eyes (night king got her)
>jon then unsheaths his sword and stabs her through the face so hard that it starts a small crack in the ice wall that runs down to the bottom
>he manages to hit the only spot in the wall that could cause its collapse
>its revealed next season in a flashback that bran the builder actually included this important safety feature in the wall so it couldnt be used against the north by the wildlings
>the season ends with jon and half his army tumbling to death in the great wall avalanche
>>
>>79109854
He will die, show pretty much confirms this. I always assumed he would die in battle against the dead in a last stand situation.

>>79110153
This
>>
>Sophie's back to being Joe's groupie following him to every venue and town his band plays

kek
>>
>>79110582
her career is pathetic

>maybe if i get photographed with someone more famous than me 100000000000 times someone will actually want to hire me for better projects than indies and the worst capeshit franchise
>>
>page 9
>>
>>79103648
No Eyepatch edition
>>
>>79107350

Agreed. It stays away from the God-Awful memery of r/GamOfThrones.
>>
>>79110051

>This is what showfags think Valyria looks like
>>
>>79106849
Those are all rewards for the viewers though. It's not like he had the greatest time up until that point.
>>
>>79112043
>It's not like he had the greatest time up until that point.
what, like getting elected lord commander because he's such a great popular guy?
>>
>>79112043
jesus christ you jonfags are scum
>>
Reminder: CotF are the bad guys.
>>
>page 9
>>
Jonsa
Gendric
R'hlloelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
KindlyOle
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny
Tyrienne
>>
I hope Jon dies in the end
>>
>>79114752
He won't.

Aragorn didn't, and you're a fool if you don't know Jon is George's Aragorn.
>>
>no Stark-Bolton marriage in order to stabilize Northern politics
where were you when you realized Southron Ambitions was a mistake
>>
>>79114752
Me too so bad. It's the only thing that will stop that relentless manlet Gary Stu.
>>
>>79115015
every house was down to a handful of members somehow so that would've been hard
>>
>>79103403
What's the name of that series GRRM likely ripped some content from? I just remember a lot of similarities including a bastard of dark hair being a main prophetic character.
>>
>>79110724
I don't think Joe Jonas has ever been more famous than Sophie is now, except maybe among tweens. The absolute peak of his career was when he was in his brothers' band like a decade ago.
>>
Why weren't Edmure, Robb/Arya/Bran/Rickon and Sweetrobin highly sought after bachelors and bachelorettes?

Marry any one of them and you're tied to three different regions and three powerful Houses.
>>
>>79115067
Lyanna+Domeric

there you go, now there will never be a RW type situation and as a bonus we completely avoid Robert's Rebellion. And as a bonus bonus no Ramsay
>>
>>79115083
Pretty much every fantasy work prior to about 1995.
>>
>>79115176
they were
its a bit weird that edmure wasnt already married at the start of the series (how old was he anyway, like 23? 24?)
walder wanted marriages with robb and arya straight off the bat and as for the rest, they were probably a bit too young at that point
>>
>>79115165
...joe is definitely more famous than she is. the jonas brothers are a household name.
>>
>>79114948
You know Aragorn is not a unique character construct right?
>>
>>79115176
I think the dominant theory is that all the major houses of Westeros were waiting for Robert to pick three before scrambling among themselves.
>>
>>79115369
The Jonas Brothers haven't been a household name in a long time. As soon as Bieber hit the scene their popularity dropped like a rock.
>>
>>79115583
yes they are. not the jonas brothers band but joe and nick jonas are definitely household names and everyone knows who they are even if they dont listen to their music.
>>
>>79115434
Parallels are clear as day

>Aragorn is descended from the Kings of Gondor.

>Jon is descended from the Targaryen Kings.

>Aragorn's mother was descended from the first chieftain of the Dúnedain Aranarth, the rightful King of the Northern Kingdom. And takes after his mother in her Dúnedain coloring with grey eyes and dark hair.

>Jon's mother is descended from the first King in the North. And takes after his mother in her Stark coloring with grey eyes and dark hair.

>The Elendils left Numenor, the highest human civilization that fell to a cataclysmic event, before the island was swallowed by the sea, and kept what would be the last line of White Trees, a mystical tree from Numenor and the island's signature tree that became the sigil of House Elendil, the kings of Gondor.

>The Targaryens left Valyria, the highest human civilization that fell to a cataclysmic event, before the Doom came and much of the peninsula was swallowed by the sea, and kept the last dragons with them, dragons being the signature creatures of Valyria. The dragon would become the sigil of House Targaryen, the kings of Westeros.

>Aragorn led the rangers of the North.

>Jon leads the Night's Watch in the far North.

>When Aragorn was two years old, his father was killed while pursuing orcs. Aragorn was afterwards fostered in Rivendell by Elrond. At the bidding of Elrond, his lineage was kept secret, as Elrond feared he would be killed like his father and grandfather if his true identity as Isildur's heir became known. Aragorn was renamed Estel to hide his existence from Sauron and his servants.

>When Jon was just born, his father was killed while pursuing rebels. Jon was afterwards fostered in Winterfell by Eddard Stark. At the bidding of Eddard, his lineage was kept secret, as Eddard feared he would be killed like his father and grandfather if his true identity as Rhaegar's heir became known. Jon was renamed Snow to hide his existence from Robert Baratheon and his servants
>>
why do jonfags think anyone gives a shit about their masturbatory walls of aragorn text
>>
Who is the best dad, Stannis or Leland Palmer?
>>
>>79115622
Most people have heard of the Jonas brothers, I'll give you that, but I guarantee you Sophie is more recognizable as an actress than Joe's current band is now.
>>
>>79115976
>Sophie is more recognizable as an actress than Joe's current band is now.

Kek, reminds me of instagram posts where people would ask Joe to take a picture of them and Sophie and the fan had no idea who Joe was until afterwards.
>>
>>79115681
this is a bunch of whatever.

Any character with a secret royal descent will fit almost all of this becuase it's almost all about this.
And this trope isn't exactly rare in fantasy.

-descend from royalty/important father
-descent from royalty/important mother ( oh he's not just born of a poxy whore? how rare! )
-why are they hiding his royal blood? no reason but someone would kill him for it, right?
-he eventually leads people (Oh? It's not the story about how a secret royal person gave up on all this and spent his life as a carpenter? Because that would've been interesting too I guess? )

Everything in that list fit the "hidden royalty" typ e of characters and there's a billion of those. You take aragorn because he's the most known but you could take 100 fantasy story at random and would find 50 characters who fit all this.
>>
File: 1480271050242.jpg (416KB, 750x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1480271050242.jpg
416KB, 750x1071px
>>79106271
>Mind Trick Queen
>>
>>79116435
>100 fantasy story at random and would find 50 characters who fit all this.

Name them and how they match even the little things like looks, the ancestors being from a highly advanced civilization, the ancestor's being the only survivors, the ancestors being superhuman, escape with something that becomes their sigil, the main character's occupation, fostering, etc.
>>
>>79116495
did you miss the part where she mindtricked all the northern lords into not supporting her?
>>
>>79116557
i also missed the part where she mind tricked jon snow into not telling him that additional forces were coming

hot damn what a stronk character
>>
You know the posts with the comparisons between book character and events vs d&d's show versions and how lame they are? Someone did a similar one that compares George's ex's (I think it's his ex) book series that has similarities to asoiaf? I think it was a trilogy too. Basically something about he got back at her by re-writing a more successful version of her book(s).
>>
>>79116435
>You take aragorn because he's the most known

And no, I take Aragorn because George's an admitted Tolkienfag, has said Tolkien is who he looks up to but who he also has a problem with when it comes to grey characters and what makes a good king, and he's clearly influenced by Tolkien.
>>
One question I've always wanted to ask sansafags, if they think Sansa deserves happiness and power so she'll never be at someone's mercy again, what do they think Jeyne Westerling deserves since she's the one who got trained to be a prostitute, got whipped, raped, took the knot and has now lost the tip of her nose
>>
>>79116629
yeah i've definitely seen that image posted a few times around here
sadly i neglected to save it
>>
>>79116735
do you mean Jeyne Poole?
>>
>>79116770
Yeah, my bad
>>
File: Farseer.png (618KB, 750x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Farseer.png
618KB, 750x1600px
>>79116629
>>79116737
Get gud at archive bitches
>>
>>79116799
well i doubt that many sansafags have read the books (the ones that have are too busy writing Sansan fanfics) and sansa stole Jeyne's story in the show so...
>>
>>79116539
These are not big things. Plus they don,t even all fit Jon

Here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SecretLegacy

It's about the basic trope, and half the things in the main definition of the trope fits what you listed as "super special things that totally makes Aragorn and Jon literally the same person because no other characters have that".

>solitary and unpopular path
> A ways through the series, they'll find out that they're actually heirs to a Secret Legacy of heroism. Maybe it's an old ally of their parents, the parents themselves (though a lot of the time, the legacy is from the father's side), or discovering a hidden cache of artifacts and weapons that belonged to his parents. In any case, characters who have a Secret Legacy are heirs to a family tradition of unusual and heroic proportions.
(totally won't happen with Jon right? ALL OF THIS is 100% jon. only the article wasn't written about Jon, it was written about a common trope).

>For whatever reasons, the hero's real or Foster Parents chose not to tell him ... and keep him Locked Out of the Loop

WOW, 100% JON! Foster parents here as well! It's as if people with secret parentage weren't actually raised by their real parents, BUT literally everyone in the world is raised by someone so, foster parents it is!

>Some reasons could be to forget the past, to protect him from their enemies
OMG JON AGAIN!

> A Secret Legacy can be used to add depth to a character's background, for cheap laughs, or to give them a support network capable of helping fight bigger threats.
lore about stark/targs. jon being targ mean dragonriding at some point, or targ support ( dany ) to fight the big threat (others)

You could read this article and think it's about Jon. But it's just about something so common it's a basic trope.
>>
>>79116839
That's the one, thanks. I remember someone in the last thread was looking for it and now I shall save it for future reference. Shit, I may read the series myself, at least I'll get a book resolution.
>>
>>79116951
>It's about the basic trope

But I'm not judging it just by the basic trope,, but specifics and less generalized things.

Everything may be within the trope but within that trope the specifics of how they're done are very similar between Jon and Aragorn.

If you just went by trope and cliches, tons and tons are things are the same or similar, but when you look at things closer and at HOW they're done, you see more differences and what stories are truly more similar.
>>
>>79116839
so what made the fat man's books so much more successful?
>>
>>79117252
Tits, incest fetish, muh dey kilt Ned, and pedophilia
>>
File: the fat man.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
the fat man.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>>79117296
there wasn't even that much sex in the earlier books though
let alone descriptive sex
>>
>>79117398
That's what imagination is for anon.

Little 13 year old exotic girl getting fucked every night by a much older well built man.
>>
page 9

sage
>>
>>79118734
Fuck you
>>
bussy
>>
Jonsa
Gendric
R'hlloelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
KindlyOle
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny
Tyrienne
>>
>no Myatey
shit list desu
>>
>>79120668
who's the tey?
>>
>>79120716
Whitey
>>
File: mannis.jpg (212KB, 785x900px) Image search: [Google]
mannis.jpg
212KB, 785x900px
>>79120865
>>
>>79115342
>>79115083
Can I get a real answer please?
>>
>>79120901
b-but she keeps praising him and all. he's her favorite one.
gotta count for something.
>>
>>79120912
Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy. She literally cucked him back in the day so he wrote her shit and made WAY more money.
>>
>>79120912
someone already posted it >>79116839
>>
>>79120668
what about myalyn bastard lesbian hatefuck in the turnip crate as it gets hoisted up to the eyrie?
>>
>>79121016
>myalyn

I'd rather have myalyncorbray, with Mya being a reverse trap (hence seducing Lyn) and when he falls for her, she reveals she's a girl and he still goes along with it because he's deeply in love at this point and she's very boyish anyway.
>>
File: 1334277842045.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1334277842045.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>>79107749
>downvoted and hidden.

This is why I'll never use Reddit.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me and even calling me every name in the book but it's flat-out bullshit that your comments can be censored and hidden from _others_ via downvotes.
>>
File: GRRM finish the book.jpg (86KB, 1371x1030px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM finish the book.jpg
86KB, 1371x1030px
>>79109707
>It's another GRRM is so slow we will never get TWOW and I will never find out how based Stannis goes out.

I have a bad feeling that Gurm doesn't give a shit about GoT anymore and is in fact waiting for the shitty tv series to end, so he can simply novelize whatever retarded garbage D&D come up with and call it done.

Between taking _20 fucking years_ to do five books and letting HBO literally rape his work, I've pretty much lost any respect for the guy.
>>
How cringe will the next season be?
>>
>>79120951
Thank you, honestly. I hate how hard it is to get a straight answer here these days.
>>
>>79122140
it would be easier if youd actually read the replies to your own post
>>
>>79122269
Read all the replies to my own post, champ, none were the answer. If you were one of the helpful ones I still want to say thanks, but if you're some cunt coming into be a prick you can fuck right off friend.
>>
Was the last season any good? I haven't watched it yet.
>>
>>79123135
some nice cinematics but writing and acting didn't really improve from s5, so mostly sort of poor
>>
>>79104726
wdyldsm?
>>
>Robb's will disinherits Sansa
>Sansa is incompetent, just does what she's told, and can't even do math
>D&D have her left in charge and stay in charge even when Bran comes back

How pissed is George at this?
>>
>>79115179
this pairing would have been genuinely so cute and perfect omg
>>
>>79106890
>no CIA in /ourguys/
>>
>>79124382
>biggest cuck in westeros
>ourguy
>>
File: cia smug.jpg (15KB, 720x352px) Image search: [Google]
cia smug.jpg
15KB, 720x352px
>>79124399
It all adds up
>>
>>79103403
This show is garbage and so is everyone on it except Isaac who is a fucking angel and a gift.
>>
>>79110238
Neither. He may make amends with Jaime, but only while one of them is dying. Jaime will kill Cersei because pottery.
>>
so ive been on this general regularly since just around s6's end
can someone please explain the radmure meme to me i still dont get it
>>
>>79124991
Lurk most c u c k
>>
>>79125144
i lurk way too much i still dont get it ;-;
>>
FUCK GEORGE AND FUCK WILD CARDS
>>
File: 546.jpg (162KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
546.jpg
162KB, 736x1104px
>>79124991
>they are my people, and they were afraid

One of the biggest sins the show does. Is that they take a charecter and make them either better or worse than they are in the book.

Like Stannis. They are "blackwashing" him and adding bad atributes while removing some good from him.
And we here at /got/ compensate for that by making Stannis the living champion of all litteratur.

The other way around (whitewashing) is dany or Tyrion. While They are not as retarded as we make them out to be here in these threads
They are not nearly as mary sue or good as the show makes them. And for that reason. we fucking hate those overated shits

And for that reason we hate them

Edmure. Falls into the blackwashing category.
The show continue to shit on him. While us who has read the books. Knows that he is based as fuck.
Its Robbs fault not edmures that his plan to lure Tywin away from Kingslanding didnt work.
yet Book Edmure clearly is griefing over the mistakes thats been made and wants to attone and offer himself to marry Lord Freys daughter.

While Show Edmure. clearly resents the idea that HE has to marry a daughter not of his own chosing.

Also Radmure enjoys jetskiing and ends up with the bestgirl who loves him. and gets to fuck her daily when all this is over

>pic related. Its bestgirl
>>
File: TULLY'D.jpg (30KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
TULLY'D.jpg
30KB, 450x300px
>>79126480
>While Show Edmure. clearly resents the idea that HE has to marry a daughter not of his own chosing.
I mean he did in the books as well though, right? There's that one chapter where they're going towards the Twins and he's complaining to his friends that Roslin will probably be an uggo then Catelyn hears him and tells him to stop bitching then remembers being disappointed that Ned didn't look like Chad Thundercock.
But yeah D&D shat all over the whole Tully storyline. Edmure and Brynden didn't even show up until S3 iirc.
>>
>>79126677
Ye I worded that wrong

He does worry about his future wife which any man whould ofc.

But the diffrence is that in the book he, immediately accepts. while the show present him as a douche who needs a good amound of convincing and scolding.
>>
What rly grinds my gear i terms of blackwashing is the number they did on Mace Tyrell

Yes both in book and show he is an oaf.

But in the book. Its also clearly that he commands the single biggest army. not just in westeros. But in the known world entirely

He is Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South and Hand of the King
He is tremendously powerfull and ambitious. For himself and his children. And ppl take great care not to offend him.

And all those attributes are fucking gone in the show. All to make room for that fucking old granny. so they can portray her as STRONG INDEPENDET OLD FUCK WHO AINT NO NEED NO MAN.

Show marge is like "I wanna be THE Queen" (in the cut scenes)
While book marge just does whateverthefuck her father wants.

Lord Tyrell is clearly best lord!
>>
>>79127051
Every Tyrell man suffered. Mace got reduced to his oafishness, Loras and Renly to their gayness, and Willas and Garlan got cut.

I don't mind Marge and Olenna getting a bigger role, but why does it always have to be to other character's determent? It's a patter, they can't seem to make one character be capable, smart, assertive, or cool without bringing another character down.
>>
Jonsa
Gendrick
R'hllelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
Kindole
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny
Tyrienne
>>
Where is a good place to download all the GOT seasons in decent quality and if possible with subtitles?
>>
File: IMG_7936.png (371KB, 700x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7936.png
371KB, 700x518px
>>79127217
>tfw Loras did nothing and then died

At least Renly didn't live long enough to see the show go to shit.
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.