[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor /who/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 44

File: 20151223143532.jpg (189KB, 676x600px) Image search: [Google]
20151223143532.jpg
189KB, 676x600px
NuWho finally confirmed canon edition

About to be retconned >>64905917
>>
Let it die
>>
File: RBS.jpg (132KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
RBS.jpg
132KB, 1368x1026px
This thread is dedicated to the memory of Robert Banks Stewart, 1931-2016.

He created the Zygons in ToTZ. He wrote Seeds of Doom and Lost Stories audio The Foe From the Future - both classics. He was a Morbius Doctor, and just for tonight he is canon.

Rest in peace sir.
>>
>>64941500
Not until we get the /who/ ranks /who/ results.
>>
>>64941535

We already know that Sleep No More is going to be at the top.
>>
>>64941553
You wish Gatiss,
>>
FUCK OFF
U
C
K

O
F
F
>>
I was disappointed when I watched some horror documentary series and discovered that Gatiss is pronounced Gah-tiss and not like Gay-piss

My who world is shattered I can't go on
>>
File: gay.png (51KB, 500x199px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
51KB, 500x199px
>>64941614
But I thought it was Gaytiss.
>>
>>64941649
Then he pronounced his own name wrong in the thing for some reason

What a gay
>>
>>64941679
Maybe he's been trolling everyone and it's really is Gah-tiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttNqpueD-U
He tells Matt its Gaytiss here too.
>>
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Charlie_the_badger

I just found out they have wiki pages on doctor who confidential.

jesus christ
>>
I can't believe this shit general is still alive.

Piss off, farkwads.
>>
File: Moffat.png (5KB, 437x85px) Image search: [Google]
Moffat.png
5KB, 437x85px
MOFFAT CONFIRMED POSTING ON /WHO/
>>
File: 12AM12.gif (329KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
12AM12.gif
329KB, 336x336px
>>64942425
We know that. He got the idea of sonic sunglasses here back during series 8.
>>
>>64942605
No he didn't.
>>
I could listen to John Hurt read the phone book. A soothing voice.
>>
>/who/ is shitposting general
>Neon Visual's PR firm burned down the wiki
>Doctor Who is on indefinite hiatus
>Peter Capaldi has developed arteriosclerosis of the knee
>Steven Moffat photographed exchanging money with Michael Grade
>Jenna Coleman's on-camera breakdown on the set of Victoria jeopardizing production
>Big Finish studios have been empty for months
>BBC Books no longer accepting submissions
>Phillip Morris confirmed that the BBC "wasn't interested" in a complete copy of The Daleks' Master Plan
>Tom Baker has been in the hospital for two months, no contact with the media
>Matt Smith currently under investigation for child molestation
>Karen Gillan cut from Guardians of the Galaxy 2
>Gattiss has "exciting announcement" for November
>David Tennant and Georgia Moffett currently undergoing "trial separation"
>John Hurt cancer relapsing
>Sylvester McCoy 14 minute racist tirade recorded in a Tescos checkout line
>Rumors swirling about Colin Baker's "transition"
>Christopher Eccleston retirement announcement eminent
>Nicholas Briggs silently suffering from cancer of the larynx
>Paul McGann "hasn't come out of the basement in months" according to family members
>"Doctor Who was a mistake. It's nothing but trash," says Russell T. Davies at a Golden Globes afterparty
>Peter Davison rape accusations made in the press
>Ian Levine recently hired by BBC to "continuity adviser" position
>John Barrowman has "critical health announcement" to make about HIV status
>Urn containing Elisabeth Sladen's ashes has gone missing
>Catherine Tate releases 15 minute video about women's rights
>Jamie Mathieson signs non-compete with Channel 4, will not write for BBC for 5 years
>Larry Miles admitted for three day "psychiatric observation" after being detained outside Steven Moffat's home with "a motley collection of tools"

It's happening, /who/. Why couldn't we stop it?
>>
>>64943806

I love this meme.
>>
>>64943609
You should watch "Dogville".
John Hurt narrated that.
Feel Good movie, it is.
>>
>>64943806
I like how you keep adding to this.
How long before it takes two posts?
>>
Reminder polls, etc..

Poll 1 (main):
>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qc7eYDxpVbgGQ2QwGNITatv2p37csgdriWMWyToXqXU/viewform?usp=send_form
Poll 2 (misc.):
>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pBRFasl8egcPOyyIXvLgxHl4rHsmbleeGQOw5rR9aP4/viewform?usp=send_form
Polls close on the 6th of February but this may change.
>>
File: 1438874374331.jpg (673KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1438874374331.jpg
673KB, 1012x1500px
>>
>>64943806
We need to go deeper
>>
>>64944717

love the usage of audio companions
>>
>>64942133
How about you fark off, pisswad
>>
>>64945587
Fuck offerelli
>>
>>64945694
That's not an official /who/ sanctioned variant. Please fuck off.
>>
File: shit :who: says.jpg (226KB, 599x405px) Image search: [Google]
shit :who: says.jpg
226KB, 599x405px
>>
>>64945965
I think I coined most of that desu
>>
>>64945965
you should never ever listen to /who/
except for /who/ ranks /who/, those are usually okay
>>
>>64945965
you forgot I don't watch christmas specials
>>
Can we all agree season 6 is the best, and is followed by the worst?
>>
>>64946142
There's nothing memey about the fact that I don't want to compromise my ideals as an atheist. Fuck off somewhere else with that garbage.
>>
>>64945965
Series 9 WAS pigshit tho
>>
>>64946215

>season 7
>bad

Spearhead from Space and Inferno are brilliant.
>>
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/bfd8-the-war-doctor-and-leela

The War Doctor and Leela team up. There's a trailer on the page too.
>>
>>64946255
Pertwee is objectively the worst Doctor though. If I wanted James Bond I'd fucking watch James Bond.
>>
>>64946273
you take that back
>>
>>64946304
Make me memeboy
>>
>>64946271
Holy hype
>>
>>64946215
season 3 m8
>>
Guys can you motivate me to finish listening to the last three parts of Bloodtide instead of playing more Final Fantasy XII.
>>
>>64946271
Was the first boxset any good?
>>
File: john_lou_2_image_large.jpg (89KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
john_lou_2_image_large.jpg
89KB, 800x522px
>>64946271
>>
>>64946453
I thought it was alright. Did enjoy that the daleks plan was the kind of out of the box thinking that I would have expected from the time war.
>>
File: 1377344169740_0.jpg (19KB, 341x258px) Image search: [Google]
1377344169740_0.jpg
19KB, 341x258px
>>64946376
FARK OFF CATS
>>
>>64946376
nah, it wasnt the best but definitely not the worst.
1st half was ok-ish, but 2nd half was Human Nature/Family of Blood and a great triple episode ending
>>
>>64946271
Do you think the War Doctor and Leela had hardcore old people sex?
>>
>>64946487
i like the 2nd half of series 3 too (fight me /who/) but i was talking about SEASON 3 (a.k.a the GOAT wiles era)
>>
Oh my god it sounds just like /who/

Steven: Yeah. I still think all the Peter Davison stuff stands up.

David: I'm sorry but I hated the Davison era.

Steven: How could you? I'm talking retrospectively now, when I look back at Doctor Who now. I laugh at it, fondly. As a television professional, I think how did these guys get a paycheck every week? Dear god, it's bad! Nothing I've seen of the black and white stuff - with the exception of the pilot, the first episode - should have got out of the building. They should have been clubbing those guys to death! You've got an old guy in the lead who can't remember his lines; you've got Patrick Troughton, who was a good actor, but his companions - how did they get their Equity card? Explain that! They're unimaginably bad. Once you get to the colour stuff some of it's watchable, but it's laughable. Mostly now, looking back, I'm startled by it. Given that it's a children's show, and a teatime show, I think the Peter Davison stuff is well constructed, the characters are consistent...

Andy: They are consistently crap.
>>
File: Martha's crooked teeth.png (3MB, 7380x4080px) Image search: [Google]
Martha's crooked teeth.png
3MB, 7380x4080px
>>64946481
>>
"If you look at other stuff from the Sixties they weren't crap - it was just Doctor Who. The first episode of Doctor Who betrays the lie that it's just the Sixties, because the first episode is really good - the rest of it's shit." - Steven Moffat

Well Moffat confirmed for /who/ poster.
>>
>>64946911
You mean rec.arts.drwho poster.
>>
>>64946911
Why the fuck does the rest of Unearthly child get shit on so much? Like I know the first episode is really good and all, but I thought the caveman plot was also pretty decent, enough to where I can say I liked An Unearthly Child as a whole instead of being like "first ep is GOAT the rest is garbo in comparison"
>>
>>64946966
He mean the rest of Doctor Who, not the serial.
>>
I don't understand why Clara decided to punch the Doctor in the Dick. I can understand if it was because he was possessed by the monster of the week or some such shit, but this felt like the first time she was plain mean...
>>
>>64947005
But let's be fair. The rest of that serial was indeed shit.
>>
>>64946215
Nah m8. It has three memorable stories (Mind Robber, Invasion and War Games), the rest ranges from average to very bad. It has one of the best TARDIS teams, but that isn't enough to make it one of the best seasons.
Season 7 is damaged by how stretched out the 7-episode stories are, but on average it's better than 6.
>>
>>64947425
season 3 is the best tho m8
>>
>>64947012
I don't understand why Anon keeps forcing this shitty meme. I can understand the the first time but now its getting real fucking old
>>
>>64948487
Has the broadcast date for the Christmas Special been announced yet?
>>
>>64946560
>/who/ hates /who/
>/who/ hates Moffat
>Moffat was /who/

It all adds up.
>>
anyone got some doctor who pepes?
>>
>>64948788
>this is what you try to save the thread with
>>
Where can I find all the titan comics? Need ma who fix.
>>
>I am currently listening to a boxset featuring Winston Churchill, Kazran Sardick, Julius Caesar, a Dalek and the girl from The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Welp, that's not exactly what I was expecting when hoping for New Series audios.
>>
>>64948868
/who/ can not be saved
>>
>>64948700
>>64948876
At your local comic store
>>
>>64946453
No. It was super dissapointing. Unless your idea of using John Hurt well includes

* Endless scenes of drinking juice (you cannot make this shit up)
* Mumbling sci-fi mumbo jumbo nonsense about null zones
* Title-dropping in every episode

I was hoping for something Dark Eyes tier, not even Shearman tier. What I got was something Zagreus tier. Scratch that, Zagreus at least was creative. I got something so shit there's no even tier for it yet.
>>
>>64948876
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/comics/index.php
Go to the Official Win-O Thread on /co/ every week for the new ones.
>>
File: 1451613871891.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451613871891.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
>>64949318
>>
>>64949451
What? Do you disagree? If so, good for you, I wish I enjoyed it, but I honestly think it's utter crap.

I'm not some Big Finish hater: I think the best of the audios is better than the best of the TV show, I literally purchase audios instead of pirate them, I just think this particular boxset is crap.
>>
>>64946376
M8, Bloodtide is amazing. Sixie/Evelyn a best. Also, the story is really good too!
>>
File: sonic screwdrivers.png (624KB, 1080x938px) Image search: [Google]
sonic screwdrivers.png
624KB, 1080x938px
Sonic Screwdriver

Sonic Screwdriver

Sonic Screwdriver
>>
>>64949768

Meant for
>>64946430
>>
>>64948417
Good for you
>>
>>64949796
Sonic Screwdrivers get shittier and shittier looking.
>>
File: cushing_pepe.png (29KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
cushing_pepe.png
29KB, 280x280px
>ywn be canon

this rare pepe self-destructs in 10 minutes
>>
>>64949999
youu know what, considering i got some nice eccleston quads there ill leave the pepe up for everyone to add to their collection
>>
>>64949999
>>64950027
Nobody thinks you're funny.
>>
Ugh Cats is one of the reasons I left /who/ and I come right back and here he is shitting up the place again. Off season /who/ is supposed to be comfy damn it. Fuck off cats
>>
>>64950376
/who/ instantly dies whenever he turns up.
>>
>>64950376
>>64950399
Just filter him, how hard is that?
>>
>>64950399
They way he acts literally reminds me of a 13 year old trying to be funny.
>>
>>64950439
He probably is.

Let's just ignore him guys and discuss something comfy

Anyone else listened to the Churchill audios? They were pretty fun+funny. Nothing outstanding but the 1st and 3rd stories are def worth the listen.
>>
>>64950399
>>
http://fgts.jp/b/thread/663543614
Seems plausible.
Doctor Who X
Love the sound of it.
Let's hope the writing is also undergoing a change.
>>
>>64950399
It's weird because he actually contributes to the wiki well but completely shits up the thread here.
>>
>>64950661

>Let's hope the writing is also undergoing a change.

Eh, Series 8 and 9 are literally my favourite series' of all televisual Who. But I'm up for anything really: I've had my perfect years of Doctor Who, the show should change and adapt sure, even if I don't like what it turns into for a time.

No proof for the Doctor Who X stuff but it's feasible. Moffat did say they were gonna do a soft relaunch.
>>
File: Falls the Shadow.jpg (103KB, 350x579px) Image search: [Google]
Falls the Shadow.jpg
103KB, 350x579px
Goddam, this book. Brutal stuff.
>>
>>64950869
Honest question: how does it feel to waste your life on crappy genre fic like that? The television and audio Doctor Who episodes have worth because of the performances if nothing else. The books just have sci-fi mumbo jumbo plots and pedestrian (at best) prose.

I mean, more power to you if you enjoy them - that's great, every human should have time to be entertained and have fun. I'd just feel weird knowing there are hours of my life I'm never going to get back that I spent on reading a...Doctor Who novel.
>>
>>64950969
>The television and audio Doctor Who episodes have worth because of the performances if nothing else.
Why do you watch/listen to Doctor Who if you don't like it? There are many, many other shows and/or radio dramas with notable performances.
>>
>>64950869
So you basically you're saying acting is more valuable than writing?

That aside, the Virgin novels are the only genre tie-in fiction I ever liked. There were a number of authors really trying to push Doctor Who beyond the confines of the show.
>>
>>64950869
A fucking awful NA
Maybe the worst
>>
>>64951129
That's not The Pit.
>>
>>64950969
Get a real job, lover of literary fiction.
>>
>>64950999
>>64951045
I reread my comment and I came across as a prick, I didn't mean to be hostile or arrogant. My bad.

>Why do you watch/listen to Doctor Who if you don't like it?

I love lots of Doctor Who, I didn't mean the performances are the only enjoyable thing in Doctor Who, but that even in crap episodes at least the performances are often quite good (e.g. Eccleston and Piper are charming in the dull Long Game).

I really love lots of Doctor Who even if I think overwhelming parts of it are crappy. Androzani, Heaven Sent, Scherzo, etc. - these are brilliant pieces of science-fiction.

>So you basically you're saying acting is more valuable than writing?

I'm saying (good) acting is always baseline enjoyable, but bad prose will generally be unpleasant unless the characters and plot are very good.

Of course, everything I'm saying is just my opinion.
>>
>>64951190
That's fair. I don't see it as time wasted. Reading a Who book doesn't really take much longer than listening to an audio or watching a few episodes.

I got into Doctor Who in the 90s so the books were really my only source of new content. I know they are not the best sometimes, but sometimes they can be brilliant.
>>
>>64951250
Yeah disregard my comment mate, it was shitty and didn't come across at all like what I meant. Sorry.
>>
>>64951190
The novels have crap and excellence just like any other version of Doctor Who, it's not like reading novels means you are committed to wasting your time with all the crap ones.
>>
>>64950661
To sum it up;
>Series 10 going to be called Series X or just X
>Peter Capaldi is signed for a full run of episodes, with rumours claiming that Series X is consisted of 10, 1 hour episodes(I think Moffat said they are producing 13 episodes)
>New companion, TARDIS interior and stylish, minimalistic logo along with the new format are to be revealed in February 2nd
>>
>>64950869
But is it brutal in an entertaining way?
>>
>>64951294
I actually got into a discussion on /r/gallifrey today about whether people should skip the shitty audio stories or not. Someone was asking for a rundown of Eight's audios and I posted a list outlining the important arc ones and the great quality ones, and said to skip most of the rest. People replied saying "Oh but I love Something Inside/Memory Lane/etc." and one of the resident Big Finish fans swapped a few posts with me about how people shouldn't skip any stories.

I honestly disagree soooooo much. Why subject yourself to shit? Why should someone spend 2 hours of their life listening to Scaredy Cat? I don't understand the need for completion when the vast majority of the shitty stories have no plot or character arc stuff.
>>
>>64949796
>labeling it "7th and 8th Doctor's" instead of "hand-me-down from Romana"
>>
>>64951155
Another shitter.
>>
>>64951396
It was tough seeing characters I liked put through the wringer, but since that book basically becomes The Doctor vs. Sapphire and Steel, it was entertaining enough.
>>
>>64951415
Because maybe some people actually enjoy Doctor Who? Obviously you don't but other do. Also fuck off back to reddit faggot.
>>
>>64951415
You said to skip Faith Stealer though. Faith Stealer is great! It's one of the GOOD Divergent Universe stories.
Some of us even like The Dimension Riders. If you tell people to skip the ones you don't like, they may end up skipping a bunch they would have liked and suffering through the ones you recommended but they don't like.
>>
Who's the fucking retard? How would you know for certain an audio was "shit" unless you hear it?
Or unless Paul Magrshole wrote it?
If you want to skip audios, do so, but don't tell everyone else they are wasting time with audios you haven't even fucking heard.
Except camp pastiche/shitty pun titled Magrshole stuff.
>>
>>64940919
River Schlong.
>>
>>64951437
The worst part about the Pit is it gives an interesting idea about why Earth is such a shitshow for alien invasions, and wastes it with such a terrible story.
>>
>>64951514

I don't understand - I adore Doctor Who. That's why it pains me to hear shit like Scaredy Cat. At its best, Doctor Who is masterpieces like Chimes and Natural History.

If I didn't enjoy Doctor Who, why would I be here? Why would I spend my time making big recommendation lists? Why would I have spent so many hours of my life watching and listening to, sometimes bloody brilliant, episodes of Doctor Who?

I honestly cannot understand the type of person that truly believes you need to subject yourself to non-essential crap just because of the brand name.
>>
>>64951514
>Because maybe some people actually enjoy Doctor Who? Obviously you don't but other do.
Is that seriously your response to someone saying skip the shit audios?
Enjoying Doctor Who does not mean throwing all semblance of standards out the window and uncritically consuming everything with 'Doctor Who' on the cover.
>>
>>64951588
>Chimes and Natural History.
>Two non-canon audio stories
>>
>>64951669
non-canon is the new canon
>>
>>64951552
>How would you know for certain an audio was "shit" unless you hear it?

You don't, but general critical consensus is a good indicator. It's all subjective at the end of the day but you can assume most Doctor Who fans have very broadly similar tastes and thus would find a story like Something Inside unenjoyable. Only a small minority enjoys that story - google reviews, the Goodreads page, etc. to see such consensus, or just ask on places like here or /r/gallifrey.

>If you want to skip audios, do so, but don't tell everyone else they are wasting time with audios you haven't even fucking heard.

...but I HAVE heard them.

>>64951549
>If you tell people to skip the ones you don't like, they may end up skipping a bunch they would have liked and suffering through the ones you recommended but they don't like.

Of course, but I'm not some critic god ordering them to do what I say. I just posted my recommendation which the OP is free to ignore, take into consideration, or follow completely. I'm all for people discussing/arguing about which audios are worthwhile, but I find the idea that you HAVE to listen to every single audio silly - most of the Divergent Universe ones are not very good (there is definite consensus here) and have little plot or character arc relevance.

>>64951667
Exactly. That's just blatant fanboyism which is no good for anyone.
>>
Pretentious psychopath detected
>>
>>64951588
The End of Time is a horrible fucking story but I don't tell people to skip it. it should all be heard or watched once, and then you can shit about it on /who/ and have more discussion. /who/ wouldn't be here if everyone skipped shit. "Hey guys did anyone else not watch saturdays episode, man it was so shit, I didn't watch it cause I never watch christmas episodes but it was shit, nothing important happens in christmas episodes anyway."

People said Minuet in Hell was fucking awful, but I didn't skip it and I actually enjoyed it cause it was bad.
>>
i hope the daleks and cybermen get a redesign
>>
>>64951720
THANK YOU. Pretentious was the word that was on the tip of my tongue to describe that guy.
>>
>>64951765

Cybermen just got one and the last redesign for the Daleks was so bad that they never used them again.
>>
File: edge.png (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
728KB, 1280x720px
Boom Town would've been a GOAT episode if Bootleg E.T. wasn't the main villain.
>>
>>64951721
Different anon but I don't think a TV story like TEoT is the best comparison, something like that is actually still relevant to understanding and talking about current episodes and the history of the show. Whereas BF is so much less linear and larger than NuWho, when you get a shit story it's just really inconsequential.
It definitely makes for more to talk about if you follow through all of the audios, but it's not a lifestyle choice I would suggest to someone who just wants to get into them.
>>
File: bigfinish2.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bigfinish2.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
Maybe I should update this?

Any suggestions?
>>
>>64951721
>The End of Time is a horrible fucking story but I don't tell people to skip it.

Neither do I because A) obviously it has huge plot and character arc significance, furthering and ending Ten's character development and having enormous arc stuff plot-wise, and B) because I actually think a lot of it is brilliant - all the Doctor/Wilf interactions, particularly the gun scene, the Time Lord stuff, the indulgent hall of fame tour at the end, the regeneration. I know I'm not part of the general consensus there though.

I don't know why people are acting like I ordered anyone around though. I offered my clearly subjective opinion of what stories the OP should try out. I honestly can't see what's controversial about telling people what the general critical consensus of episodes are.

> /who/ wouldn't be here if everyone skipped shit

But everyone here has "skipped shit". Most posters here have "skipped" all the novels. Plenty of posters haven't seen most of Classic Who, or any even. People are here presumably because they enjoy some level of Doctor Who. I don't see why being a fanboy and experiencing absolutely everything under the brand name is required.

>>64951897
>Whereas BF is so much less linear and larger than NuWho, when you get a shit story it's just really inconsequential.

Absolutely. A story like Scaredy Cat is generally regarded as awful, and has literally zero character arc or plot arc significance. Why would I tell someone to listen to it if they were clearly just dipping their toes into audio dramas for the first time? Even then, they don't have to listen to me, I don't get how people are missing this. All we can say are our own subjective opinions; we can't control people's intake of Doctor Who media, and why would anyone even want to?
>>
>>64951463
Can we make a list of Doctor Who novels that are thinly disguised crossovers with other fictional universes?
>Falls the Shadow - Sapphire and Steel
>Burning Heart - Judge Dredd
>Corpse Marker (and the Kaldor City audios) - Blake's 7
>The Indestructible Man - Gerry Anderson's TV shows
>The Crooked World - various cartoons
>Heart of TARDIS -The Simpsons
Are there more?
>>
>>64951948
GTFO with your Doctor-centrism

IRIS WILDTHYME IS THE TRUE HERO OF DOCTOR WHO
>>
>>64952088
The Also People - The Culture

Corpse Marker/Kaldor City don't count because they're just normal crossovers, no disguise at all.
>>
>>64952117

Go and make an Iris Wildthyme General /iwg/ then.
>>
>>64952157
it's called /who/ because people say "/who/ the fuck is iris wildthyme"
>>
>>64952088
All Consuming Fire, the novel only.
DW, cthulu mythos, Sherlock Holmes

Not to be confused with Big Finish's All Consuming Fire, which is a bastardisation of the novel skewed towards Sherlock Holmes and more comedic. Less frightening than a shit in took yesterday which had blood in it and an eye.
>>
>>64952088
White Darkness - Cthulhu Mythos
>>
>>64952255
Can you elaborate on why you disliked the adaptation? It wasn't as good as the book, but I don't think adaptations ever are. I liked it as a tie-in to the book where I got to hear the definitive actors playing their book characters.
>>
>>64951961
>Scaredy Cat
It would actually be good, if it remained in Divergent Universe arc.
>>
>>64952449
The whole Divergent Universe arc was handled awfully, which is a shame because the concept is fucking brilliant. At least we got Scherzo and History out of it.
>>
>>64952336
I thought I was pretty clear.
It's one of may favourite novels but, and this has happened a few times, the audio was barely recognisable to me as the same source material.
Holmes heavy. Lovecraft light. Wrong 7th Doctor performance. Wrong Ace performance.
The tone of the entire thing never matched the excellent novel.
>>
>>64952487
The stories themselves were good mindfuckery and some recurring themes, but they clearly put very little thought into overall premise.
>>
>>64952541
>Wrong 7th Doctor performance
What do you mean? (I haven't listened to it yet.)
>>
>>64952541
Why is BF so shit at adapting the VNAs?
>>
>>64952881
Damaged Goods got a lot right.
>>
>>64952879
He's more comedic than the NA Doctor should be.
>>
Best Who girl returns. https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/688404022106128384
>>
>>64953030

Now all we need is Owen and we've got the entire gang and full cast audios await?
>>
>>64952950
the NAs really lighten up after No Future, though.
>>
>>64952881
Broadly speaking, I feel they try to emphasise the drama, as luvvies tend to do, and eliminate the sf/fantasy action adventure, as that is 'rubbish' to some.
"We love stories" is slightly misleading sometimes.
And I'd like to say I love Big Finish and have done side The Sirens of Time.
Early BF is Doctor Who heavy.
New BF is differnet. The pretention of "great drama" has crept in.
DW can be great. DW can be dramatic. Sometimes it can be great drama. But to me, DW was always about fantasy stories and not centered on emotional (sentimental, really) beats and relationships.
>>
>>64953140
That really sounds like a desperate generalisation/rationalisation to be honest.
There are some lighter novels, sure.
>>
>>64950661
WHY THE FUCK ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?
>>
File: Mona-Lisa.jpg (134KB, 605x790px) Image search: [Google]
Mona-Lisa.jpg
134KB, 605x790px
>>64953395
>>
>>64953395
Because it's fake.
>>
>>64953350
no, i'm serious.
before No Future it's all "I'm edgy Ace and I'm mad at everyone" and "Lol I just killed people because I'm the edgy Doctor."
afterwards everybody gets along and the Doctor does't have a secret crazy agenda all the time
>>
>>64951876
I still think Boom Town is a pretty decent episode, it's the other two that are shite.
>>
>>64953435
yeah theres no solid evidence but it does seem at least plausible given moffats comments about 'reinventing' she show each year and changing it up.
Series X sounds a bit gimmicky but i can see moffat doing something like that
>>
>>64950661
>>64953395
>>64951329
Cause Samefag
>>
>>64953480
Fair dos. If that's your perception, fine.
You did say "edgy" twice, however, and that irreparably damaged my perception of you, unfortunately.
Your opinion is your opinion and that's all that can be said.
>>
/WHO/ CHALLENGE:

Redesign the logo.
>>
>>64953504
I said this yesterday but going with "Series X" over "Series 10" would be pretty in-character for Moffat and co. They don't ever want the series to seem to the passerby like that old worn out thing that's still going, here it goes again for the umpteenth time (if Moff could have gotten away with renumbering S5 as S1 he probably would have). Climbing into double digits runs that risk, whereas applying some flashy gimmick like X circumvents it a bit.
>>
>>64953480
As much as that may be the case, the NA Doctor still leans towards the more serious and subdued side of McCoy's performance than the panto screwball side.
>>
>>64953621
I said "edgy" because that's how the NAs often thought of themselves. They thought they were becoming deep or more dramatic than the kids TV show they were continuing because they added violence, sex, and swearing.
>>
Moffat only does gimmicks, in the main.
He's the Shyamalan of DW.
Writes to get to the big twist.
Less interested in detailed consistent plotting which all ties up seamlessly when rewatching a series.
>>
>>64949796
You forgot war doctor

>>64951429
what?
>>
>>64953756
That's kind of a stereotype. It's never true where Gareth Roberts is concerned, for instance.
>>
>>64953688
yeah but what would it be called after so called 'series x'?
i agree though, and i want to see a format change. just hope capaldi stays a bit longer
>>
>>64953785
Who let Jack Graham here?
>>
File: 1451675532021.jpg (6KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451675532021.jpg
6KB, 168x200px
>>64953785
>Moffat only does gimmicks, in the main.
>>
>>64953159
>Broadly speaking, I feel they try to emphasise the drama, as luvvies tend to do, and eliminate the sf/fantasy action adventure, as that is 'rubbish' to some.
>Early BF is Doctor Who heavy.
>New BF is differnet. The pretention of "great drama" has crept in.
>DW can be great. DW can be dramatic. Sometimes it can be great drama. But to me, DW was always about fantasy stories and not centered on emotional (sentimental, really) beats and relationships.

That's curious, because I feel like the opposite happened. Back at the start, BF used to do a lot of stories about the characters (successful or not), like Scherzo, or the Villains trilogy, or The Rapture, or Arrangements for War.
These days, it feels like every story has to be a standard adventure about the Doctor meeting an enemy and defeating it. There is still a story that's a bit more about the characters once in a while, but nothing like the ones I mentioned above (apart from the Companion Chronicles, but those are character-focused by definition).
>>
>>64953830
>yeah but what would it be called after so called 'series x'?
Series Y
>>
>>64953813
>what?
The late Seventh/early Eighth Doctor screwdriver was given to him by Romana
>>
File: LOGO 1.png (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LOGO 1.png
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>64953641
>>
>>64953781
But that term is meaningless to me.
As for sex and swearing, this is the same old rubbish rearing it's head again.
Characters have sex on a very few occasions. It's only referenced in the main, there is no details of sexual activity.
Same for swearing. It hardly ever happens.
Ironically, by Damaged Goods, we get a novel with 14 pages of fairly explicit details of cottaging at the start and yet no-one ever says a fucking thing about that.
To anyone reading contemporary sf at the time, these sex/swearing/violence content was in keeping with the sf zeitgeist at the time although at a MASSIVELY reduced level of explicitness compared to the big novels of that era.
I think people who moaned at the time were expecting simplistic TV tie in novels, 128 pages of fanfic, and not literature.
>>
>>64953826
That's because camp shite is Roberts' default setting
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33KB, 625x303px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33KB, 625x303px
>>
>>64953915
>yfw this is real
>>
>>64954115
Shouldn't that be was?
>>
>>64953866
Yeah.... You handpicked the most dramatic one there, as you know :)

Scherzo is absolutely an exception as all Shearman stuff tends to be.

This comes down to definitions. I look at Spare Parts as the perfect DW story for example.
It get characters and plot in the right proportion.
It has dark humour but it's not "oh this is load of old camp shite and it's fabulous!"
>>
File: old v new logo.jpg (74KB, 1080x340px) Image search: [Google]
old v new logo.jpg
74KB, 1080x340px
>>64953641
Does anyone remember ages ago, there were some toys/etc. announced bearing a version of the logo that looked like the current one but a) sans serif and b) with the slanted H-bar and stuff reminiscent of pic related? I recall really liking it but I can't find the pic anywhere.
>>
File: Bro are you even a Pie Lord.jpg (245KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bro are you even a Pie Lord.jpg
245KB, 1440x960px
>>64943806
It's been nearly five years, I'm pretty sure they would've "disposed" of Sladen by now.
>>
>River Song has become so cancerous she is literally shitting up prior incarnations.

worst character in the history of the series
>>
>>64954212
oh yeah i remember that. it was glorious. i think they were actually gonna use that for series 8. it was a nice variation
>>
>>64954028
As a whole, I've got zero problem with sex or swearing. In fact, it annoys me when characters censor themselves for no reason. But some NAs had a tendency to treat increased violence and sexual content as merit in its own right. Early post-Deceit Ace was always whining about how she simultaneously hated the Doctor for being untrustworthy and was jealous of Benny because she thought Benny was the Doctor's new favorite. Early post-Deceit Benny was annoyingly jealous of Ace as the Doctor's first and favorite. The pre-No Future Doctor often had kept his plans secret from his friends just for the sake of mysteriousness and was unnecessarily extreme in his methods.
>>
>>64954378
you literally just said she's meeting previous incarnations and stuck "shit" in the middle to prove how bad she is
>>
>>64953122
Fooking Legend audios when?
>>
>>64949318
I have only watched the first 2. Does the juice thing pay off later as a plot point or was he literally just drinking regular juice 6 or 7 times?
>>
File: eccleston.gif (815KB, 245x226px) Image search: [Google]
eccleston.gif
815KB, 245x226px
>>64949999
>>
>>64950809
A soft relaunch might be what it needs. A different format with slightly longer episodes so that they can flesh the plot out, refreshed cast (keeping capaldi), slight hiatus to make everyone miss the show and hopefully moffat can fuck off or at least tone down his overly complicated 'look how clever i am' stories.
>>
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_Eyebrows_%28album%29
>>
Disgusting:
https://twitter.com/whoisorsonpink/status/688387231250272256
>>
THIS IS MATRIXLORD212 AND WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE REAL WHOVIANS CAST
>>
File: nuwhologo.png (543KB, 1544x697px) Image search: [Google]
nuwhologo.png
543KB, 1544x697px
>>64953641
>>
File: Steven's Steven.png (166KB, 568x470px) Image search: [Google]
Steven's Steven.png
166KB, 568x470px
>That time Clara punched the TARDIS in the dick
Why??
>>
File: anniversarry-logos580.jpg (68KB, 580x185px) Image search: [Google]
anniversarry-logos580.jpg
68KB, 580x185px
>>64954212
Are you thinking of one on the right?
It was used for 50th anniversary products
>>
>>64948687
Yeah it's on Easter Saturday.
>>
>>64955695
i think hes talking about the one that was essentially the current logo we have now but it was in a slightly different font
>>
>>64954394
i understand. They tried to write DW to the cyberpunk/contemporary standard at the time and results were variable, just like all DW :)
I am just happy they at least made an effort to push boundaries.
Modern DW novels are generally more like generic tv tie-in stuff or even worse, basic fanfics.
Things change.
The fact that people still discuss the NAs whether they like them or despise them is probably good indicator of their impact either way.
>>
>>64955695
No. That one is literally in the image I posted.
I'm talking about one that looked like the current NuWho logo but altered.
>>
HOLY FUCKING SHIT CHECK BIG FINISHS TWITTER

THEY GOT ECCLESTON
>>
>>64956038
HOLY FUUUUUCKKKKK
>>
>>64956038
>>64956061
Mind posting a link?
>>
>>64956038

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/688428088955420672

Holy moly.
>>
>>64956038

Holy shit it's real. Could they have been hacked? Is this seriously legit??
>>
>>64956013
>Modern DW novels are generally more like generic tv tie-in stuff or even worse, basic fanfics.
I only listened to Blood Cell audiobook. It was basically a TV story and pretty good for it.
>>
>>64956095

I'm fucking crying. This is amazing. My childhood doctor is back. He's finally back.
>>
If river song knows that the last night they are together is at the singing towers.
Why isn't she what the fucking when they meet at the library?
>>
>>64956162
Who fucking cares, eccleston is back!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1451614699265.jpg (28KB, 446x476px) Image search: [Google]
1451614699265.jpg
28KB, 446x476px
>>64955665
>That time Anon kept using his shitty meme
Why??
>>
>>64956225
wtf am i missing?
>>
Shearman writing ecclestons premiere. Am I fucking dreaming
>>
File: rainpaldi.gif (465KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
rainpaldi.gif
465KB, 500x275px
>>64956225
OMG

not only that, check the news guys

matt smith died in a car accident too

good and bad day for whovians everywhere
>>
Dark Eyes is not as good as the hype makes out. Many of the episodes are box fillers.
Liv Chenka is a robotic character. Absolutely dull as dishwater.
Series ends with generic nuwho "companion lives a full and happy life to old age and then commits suicide reset button" predictable cack.

The 8th Doctor started at Big Finish with a clean slate.
The 8th Doctor is now so tied into Time War continuity that he has lost any of the thrill of those early audios.
Not a popular opinion I know but there it it.
I listened to Doom Coalition. I honestly can't really tell you what it was generally about.

I have bought over 200 BF audios and listen to BF audios and other radio dramas every week.
>>
>>64956290
Big Finish got eccleston for a "Ninth Doctor Adventures" range

Only details so far is that it's three stories, Shearman premiere then Matt fitton then Briggs

It's on Twitter
>>
>>64956095
>‘Matt Fitton, Andrew Smith, Ken Bentley and I have had great fun creating a fearsome new breed of monster,’ says producer David Richardson. ‘Fast as lightning, these alien assassins will provide a brand new mystery for UNIT to solve - and, over the course of four episodes, take the world to the brink of destruction…’
Only Big Finish could tell themselves 'ninjas, but alien' is an exciting new idea.
>>
I prefer unpopular opinions to monging over logo designs and shitposting fake crap
>>
File: CY3Jsm3WwAADrsV.jpg (86KB, 599x530px) Image search: [Google]
CY3Jsm3WwAADrsV.jpg
86KB, 599x530px
>>64956095
>>
>>64956315
fuck i'm crying

its true guys hes really dead

at first i was happy that we're gonna get more 9 but then i hear this
>>
Holy shit guys

First David Bowie, then Alan Rickman

I can't believe the best Doctor is dead

John Hurt is fucking dead
>>
>>64956322
>>64956322
I agree eight is too tied with Time war shit. Please big finish make him run away from it and go back to unique adventure. Please no no more grimdark eight. It was cool for a while but excessive now. Just leave Mary's story and the time war prequel thing next year as the only deep time war shit
>>
File: 1451614371328.jpg (76KB, 632x666px) Image search: [Google]
1451614371328.jpg
76KB, 632x666px
>>64956413
Nice one Anon!
But please stop your autism is hurting me
>>
>>64956451
what a shit year
>>
>>64956451
>John Hurthttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3193034/I-m-not-afraid-dying-says-cancer-battler-John-Hurt-Actor-admits-not-allow-wallow-reveals-treatment-going-terrifically-well.html
tbf you're probably not far off
>>
NO FUCKING WAY

https://twitter.com/archives1963/status/680296295655931904

Fury of the Deep, Power, The Massacre... my god!

Fuck Matt Smith's death, this + Eccleston has made my day!
>>
i hate /who/
>>
>>64956530
>matt smith is dead
>john hurt is dead
>eccleston is back
>huge missing episode reveal

It's a big day.

For /who/.
>>
I'm fucking sobbing. Matt Smith is fucking dead and all you c,ucks can talk about is 9 coming back for shirty ear stories
>>
as you can see, the juvenile little shits who can't string one coherent sentence together are happy posting any old crap when faced with talking about Dr Who
like spoiled little cunts talking over a conversation they are too stupid to understand or take part in
>>
>>64956451
Matt Smith and John Hurt on the same day - what horrible timing.

R.I.P.

At least we have Eccleston and the missing episodes to look forward to.
>>
>>64956013
>I am just happy they at least made an effort to push boundaries.
Oh, absolutely. I love the NAs and always prefer failed attempts at something new (Kill the Moon) over sticking to tradition.
>Modern DW novels are generally more like generic tv tie-in stuff or even worse, basic fanfics.
I've only read one NSA, so I really don't know, but I recently read that The Eyeless had a wilderness years quality to it.
>>
>>64956568
Was getting dubs part of my plan?
>>
>>64956579
Not to mention John Hurt's untimely death and the big missing episode reveal just announced via Twitter.
>>
File: oh_my_god.png (112KB, 273x291px) Image search: [Google]
oh_my_god.png
112KB, 273x291px
four major events in one day - /who/ should be exploding right now
>>
Whats the point of who threads when its just troll cucks in here with obvious false information
>>
>>64956462
Frankly, now they have Hurt, there should be a moratorium on any more "LOL TIME LORDS INTRIGUE" McGann stories. But boy I'm sure "The Eighth Doctor: The Time War" and Doom Coalition 2, 3 and 4 will all be unique and exciting and not a total slog...maybe in the last episode we will even find out what a Doom Coalition is!

>>64956322
Honestly Dark Eyes should never have become a thing beyond the first box set, all it ended up meaning was "wank involving retrogenitor particles and the Dalek Time Controller" and then they shoehorned in the Eminence (the who?) at some point. I didn't mind Molly coming back or McGann facing off with Macqueen, but none of that needed to be Dark Eyes to happen.
>>
this samefaggotry is getting out of hand.
>>
>>64956611
yes, I've heard that too.
It's one of the few people tend to recommend.
Lance Parkin. 'nuff said
>>
>>64956642
Vale elevem )':
>>
File: sara_orgasm.gif (544KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
sara_orgasm.gif
544KB, 245x184px
>>64956694
>>
File: Fuck Serifs.png (23KB, 800x200px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Serifs.png
23KB, 800x200px
>>64954212
Yes I remember it. Here was the cleaned version of it. I was so hype because serifs are fucking ugly and outdated.
>>
fuck off time said it
>>
Guys

Guys turn on bbc1

I'm fucking crying
>>
>>64956699
I sadly agree with all of this
>>
>>64956462
grimdark eight is only in Dark Eyes 1, Mary's Story, and The Diary of River Song. the whole point of Dark Eyes 1 was that he got over Lucie, and Molly's death in Dark Eyes 4 proved how much he has matured. He's back to the same old happy-go-lucky Doctor we had back in Storm Warning.
>>
>>64956809
Grim dark eight started as early as zagreus mate. Blood of the daleks had extreme grim dark eight. Mary's story and dark eyes 1 is just super grim dark eight
>>
>>64956788
holy shit

i cant believe this is happening

poor matt
>>
>>64956809
total shite
>>
>>64956699
Please email this to big finish. I'm serious.
>>
>>64956778
You absolute lad! Fucking saved
>>
>>64956322
Dark Eyes 3 was a disapointment.
Dark Eyes 4 was shit.
Should have been a one off instead of 4 series arc
>>
Holy shit guys they're not trolling, Matt Smith has committed suicide. What the fuck.
>>
>>64956865
there's grumpy eight, and there's grimdark eight. right now the ongoing stuff has happy eight.
>>
>>64956532
i blame Cloister
>>
>>64956809
I don't even get what the end of DE4 was supposed to mean, wasn't the old Molly who died from an alternate timeline that ended up getting reverted anyway? Surely our Molly is still out there somewhere doing fine?
>>
>>64956972
Blame fna if anyone, he legitimately derails threads either into memespam or fighting about using a tripcode. Don't even get him started on the whole ban shitshow
>>
>>64956939
yes. retro fitting an 'arc' was a big mistake as was calling them all Dark Eyes.
I couldn't honestly tell you if Doom Coalition has an arc yet. It's already had two filler stories
>>
>>64952088
>>Heart of TARDIS -The Simpsons
Wait, what?
>>
File: Maybe NuLogo.png (120KB, 606x205px) Image search: [Google]
Maybe NuLogo.png
120KB, 606x205px
>>64956778
>>64956915
Here was the original cropped one taken from the box (I think it was some Dalek toys), I don't seem to have the original anymore unfortunately but I do have one that shows the very bottom of it on another box of figures.
>>
>>64956948
>>64956887
>>64956788
shut the fuck up you samefagging cunt
>>
Matt Smith is dead is the worst meme since jazz hands
>>
>>64956966
I'd hardly call him happy the same way he was in, say, living legend or other lives

I would seriously pay premium for big finish to put eight back in a series style range with it's own arcs not connected to gallifrey or time war.
>>
File: 1390329809357.jpg (74KB, 580x474px) Image search: [Google]
1390329809357.jpg
74KB, 580x474px
>>64957051
Nevermind, just found it.
>>
>>64957053
You shut the fuck up you unsympathetic swine. Matt Smith is DEAD
>>
>>64953832
No one. Jack Graham actually makes interesting points about Moffat. I don't think his first complaint would ever be about anything so banal as "inconsistent plotting".
>>
>>64957078
agreed - the Time War is like a noose around the neck of storytelling
>>
>>64957011
>I couldn't honestly tell you if Doom Coalition has an arc yet. It's already had two filler stories
The thing about Doom Coalition is that they supposedly planned it all out as one 16 part story in advance, which sounds very nice - but the flipside of it is that it was probably too easy to go "oh yes, this bit of the story will definitely make for an hour long episode, let's move onto planning the next" which then leads to a hell of a lot of filler/padding suddenly happening on execution (and doesn't guarantee good episodes either way; that only gets decided when the writers are assigned).
>>
>>64957188
I think it was great for eccleston, okay for tennant, and then too much from there. Mary's story and dark eyes 1 flirted with it well. That's about it. Hurt can keep it. God, the hurt boxset was awful. At least the river boxset was good.
>>
File: botw_final_front_hardcover.jpg (78KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
botw_final_front_hardcover.jpg
78KB, 450x675px
Big Finish's Time-war-spin-offs were going to have a hard time measuring up to the original time-war anyway. I'm actually kind of sad that they don't take this opportunity and use the time war as a subtle connection for all of their ranges, in a Deepest Lore kind of way.
>>
>>64957140
What's banal about the genuine complaint?
Moffat regulary starts one story and then just starts writing another story later on , dropping his own build ups.
I can't think of any other famous writer of anything in any genre who is well known for doing this.

No doubt you will say he doesn't do this.
>>
>>64957258
maybe I am a bad person but I'm afraid I don't honestly belive there is any kind of 16 part epic worked out in advance.
I believed it until I heard DC1 and now I definitely don't.
There may be a vague arc for the baddie pencilled in but that's it as far as I see so far.
>>
File: sandifer tales.png (1MB, 1752x996px) Image search: [Google]
sandifer tales.png
1MB, 1752x996px
>>64956372
>Only Big Finish could tell themselves 'ninjas, but alien' is an exciting new idea.
Hi Phil.
>>
>>64957370
The War in Heaven>>>>>>>>>>>>RTDs Time War We Never See But Sounds Cool Sometimes When I Make Up Some Cool Names for Shit
>>
>>64957370
Time War should've never been touched directly.
>>
>>64957024
The Second Doctor lands in a town full of people based on characters from The Simpsons.
>>
>>64957001
the "alternate universe" molly is the one the Doctor knew. i think there's a new molly out there, but i'm not sure how similar she is to the one we're used to.
>>
>>64957546
Nick Briggs said this for years and they should have stuck to it.
>>
>>64957078
A Life in the Day was absolutely like his early stuff. It was fantastic.
>>
>>64957629
>A Life in the Day
is that that fucking awful Groundhog Day/Liv goes on a date shit?
>>
>>64957546
The Time War can be expanded on brilliantly, but it needs a genuinely imaginative SF/fantasy writer with an understanding of subtlety and ambiguity in fiction.

Nicholas Briggs is the opposite of Lawrence Miles.
>>
>>64957603
You can blame Moffat for changing his mind. In the extras, Briggs said that they only decided to have stories set during the Time War because The Day of the Doctor did it.
And honestly, what were the Hurt audios going to be about, if not the Time War? He was born to fight in it.
>>
>>64957771
it needs the desire to write Doctor Who stories and not simplified fanfics to suit the timey-wimey shippers brigade
>>
>>64957743
Fuck off, it's great.
>>
File: tom baker scream.jpg (13KB, 198x224px) Image search: [Google]
tom baker scream.jpg
13KB, 198x224px
>>64957771
>mfw Big Finish realise that they've fucked up and produced almost nothing but shitty, formulaic box sets since Gary Russell left
>mfw Briggs is replaced by Mad Larry, who commissions scripts by Rob Shearman and all the Faction Paradox Obverse writers
>>
>>64957771
I'm going to take your word on Lawrence Miles. I guess something with fucked-up time would work, but I'm not sure audiodramas are good enough to be comprehensible for this.
>>
>>64957790
I wouldn't have bothered with Hurt audios for that exact reason.
I am not sure what can be achieved with the character. Maybe they will find a surprising direction but I am not totally convinced yet.
Once the novelty dies down there may be problems.
>>
>>64957056
Jazz hands isn't a meme, it's canon
>>
>>64957869
No it's as dull as fuck.
I wouldn't even call it a DW story.
>>
>>64956372
>Implying both RTD and Moffat wouldn't have been over that like flies on shit if they thought of it
>>
Guys

Guys I'm fucking crying
>>
So they are Raston Warrior Robots, then?
>>
>>64957872
Miles had already written twelve Faction Paradox audios. I wouldn't say they're Shearman-level,but there's a lot of brilliant stuff in there. While the War is more of a backdrop, there's still some pretty creative and trippy shit - much more so than we'll ever get in the Briggs Finish version.
>>
Guys
>>
>>64958150
IMO Faction Paradox couldn't have handled its War any better. The Book of the War establishes all the backstory, the audios are a relatively straightforward continuation of the important stuff, and the books often use the War only as a backdrop to tell a good story.
>>
Big Finish Nightshade will have spooky Susan. That'll be nice.
>>
File: 408-prisonerofthesun_cover.jpg (400KB, 1425x1415px) Image search: [Google]
408-prisonerofthesun_cover.jpg
400KB, 1425x1415px
Check these trips
>>
>>64957790
>And honestly, what were the Hurt audios going to be about, if not the Time War? He was born to fight in it.
Easiest would be to just not put the focus on Hurt. Invent an engaging main character, the companion, the identification figure, who accidently gets swept up in the events of the Time War and the Doctor. He cannot understand the events of the time war or why the Doctor is doing the things he does because they work on such a fundamentally different level, and on this background his own personal story is told.

Basically, a mix between Faction Paradox and the New Adventures. Hurt would make a fantastic Time's Champion.
>>
>>64958199
My favourite thing about it is that it really doesn't feel over. The BBC/Big Finish Time War is getting claustrophobic, and they keep piling on continuity and tying things up neatly, but the Faction Paradox rabbit-hole just keeps getting deeper. We still don't know who the Enemy is, and there are so many fun possibilities - I still autistically theorise about it after all these years.
>>
>>64958336
>He cannot understand the events of the time war or why the Doctor is doing the things he does because they work on such a fundamentally different level, and on this background his own personal story is told.
Big Finish Will Never Let Us Go
>>
>>64958361
>after all these years
I think your time perception is warped — Head of State came out less than a year ago.
>>
fucking hell

turn on bbc2 right now

i dont believe it
>>
>>64958475
Are they airing pilot of Class?
>>
>>64958414
I know they're still going, I just haven't kept up the last few years. I've only really read Miles's Doctor Who stuff plus Dead Romance and The Book of the War.
>>
File: The Taking of Planet 5 Cover.jpg (996KB, 753x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Taking of Planet 5 Cover.jpg
996KB, 753x1200px
>>64957546
I think the Time War can be done well, but the scope of the ideas involved needs to be insane.
Pic related is probably the Doctor Who story that does the best job at portraying the magnitude and weirdness of a Time War imo.
>Time Lords and Lovecraftian horrors fighting on prehistoric Earth
>Weapons that can turn reality into fiction and fiction into reality
>a predator that can devour concepts used to destroy creatures of pure knowledge
And there's more, like the agents of the Celestis, the Doctor riding the War TARDISes, the Swimmers.
Fuck, I loved this book.
>>
The other night I dreamt that Matt Smith made a cameo in Class, and regenerated into some generic white 30-year-old guy with a shaved head. In another scene, that guy regenerated into Matt Smith again. The idea was that he was another incarnation of the Doctor *in between* two seasons of Smith, and that this incarnation would star in the entire series of Class, allowing them to use the Doctor without having to pay any Doctor actor much. They were explaining it by saying that the Tenth Doctor's first regeneration didn't actually count (even though Smith -> new incarnation -> Smith -> Capaldi still adds up to an extra incarnation with Tennant subtracted.)

How autistic am I? I am kind of proud that my unconscious came up with the idea of shoehorning a secret incarnation into the middle of a single previous incarnation's run - it's stupid, but at least I've never seen it before
>>
typical "Whovian" cunt

nothing to say about Doctor Who. Invents a crazy dream to make DW all about him and how 'creative' his mind is.

Prick.
>>
>>64958783
Wasn't there some comic where the cliffhanger was the Tenth Doctor regenerating back into Eccleston? I've only seen a panel, but presumably he regenerated back into Tennant in the next issue. Same basic idea.
>>
>>64958783
>>64958962
Here are your (you)s kids, hug it out.
>>
>>64958521
Hasn't been filmed yet anon. Hasn't even been cast yet.
>>
>>64959166
They're filming next week so im guessing they have been cast
>>
>>64959186
Source? There hasn't even been a single announcement or leak, I thought it was months away yet.
>>
>>64959307
https://twitter.com/harrisonkota587/status/686622029890646017
>>
it's not filming next week you boring little fucker Connor
>>
>>64959400
>Connor
Is this an abstract A Monster Calls reference?
>>
DOCTOR WHO SERIES X

>Series X

Why not just fucking 10?
SERIES X = last series?????
>>
File: Capaldreeee.png (315KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
Capaldreeee.png
315KB, 675x675px
>tfw clara dies
>>
>>64959503
You can't be this retarded
Series X = Reboot
>>
>>64959503
It's not called Series X m8
>>
>>64959503
X = 10
>>
NEW

>>64959700

>>64959700

>>64959700

>>64959700

>>64959700
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.