[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>""""traveling""""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7852.jpg (2MB, 3000x2008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7852.jpg
2MB, 3000x2008px
>""""traveling"""" to a resort

Literally why do normies do this? My coworker just back from her honeymoon in Jamaica and all she did was sit on a beach at an over priced hotel.
>>
>>1271909
ask her?
>>
>why don't people like what I like: the thread

While I'm young and wouldn't consider blowing money on a resort, I can understand why others might.

If you're not particularly adventurous and work 40 or 50 hours per week, you might not feel inclined to have a 'real traveler' experience on your ten days of vacation per year. Sometimes it can be nice to just relax and have all your needs taken care of. I imagine a resort would be ideal for over-worked or stressed-out folks who want to forget about life for a while and not have to worry about anything other than what flavor their next drink is going to be.
>>
Personally I'd never do something like that, but I guess for them it's just a way to relax and disconnect from everything.

You and I enjoy researching, planning, looking for places to see, things to do etc. I think for them doing all this things would be stressful, as they don't really enjoy travelling the way we do.

For me it would be a fucking nightmare being day after day laying on a beach and getting drunk. For them, it's paradise.

I can understand it, but I'll never relate to them.
>>
>>1271915

Get the fuck back to
R*ddit faggot
>>
>>1271918
What he said makes complete sense. Take it easy, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>1271915

Or normies who want to claim the accomplishment of traveling without actually planning, doing or experiencing anything
>>
>>1271918
Trv is a pretty normal board, chill out man.
>>
I kind of felt the same way when I first got out of school, but after a few years of drudgery I can't fault people for wanting their escape to be "doing nothing in a warm, comfortable retreat".

Going from "8 hours of planning and logistics at work" to "12 hours of planning and logistics on vacation" can be draining.
>>
>>1271909
because this is what normies do?
>>
>>1271931
This, I did plenty of real traveling in college and a few years after. Now that I have real responsibilities I want my trips to be as seemless as possible. I usually alternate between a resort stay in winter or early spring and one trip to someplace I have not visited before in fall.
>>
>>1271909
I, too, get really, really triggered when people like something that I do not like.
>>
>>1271937

>defends commercial, corporate resorts on /trv/

Why even post here desu
>>
>>1271918
>>1271923

Jesus.

Go back to /r9k/.

What's up with all of the "reeeeee normies" posts over the last couple days?

I've always been under the impression that most of /trv/ is at least halfway socially adjusted.
>>
I can kinda empathize with the "disconnect" thing.

Like I do the same at National Parks and shit. Going to something like Yosemite for a few days, and just connecting with the solitude, hike and camp a bit.

At the heart of it, is it really any different than chilling on a Mexican beach?
>>
>honeymoon

There's two key factor missing out and that's that this a couple. If only 1 person in the relationship handles most of the booking and itinerary, it's a lot. To have to do prep and basically be on the ball 24/7 for 2 people on more complicated trips isn't the most "Relaxing". If you factor in that this woman probably also did most of the logistics and planning for a wedding (which, if you've never planned one, is not the easiest event to get together), the next most stressful thing you can do is then also, IMMEDIATELY go on another event that you're also responsible for.

t. person who got married and "honeymoon" was driving 750 miles around Washington State to see the National Parks and Seattle

It was great, but doing that right after the wedding was intense, and I should've just spent a weekend somewhere closer, doing next to nothing, and saved up my energy for the Washington trip. Both of us would've enjoyed it far better.
>>
>>1271918
Its always cute when a /b tard finally discovers other boards and branches out.

Its like watching a baby bird leave the nest and try to fly.
Hang in there little buddy!
>>
>>1272010
> "honeymoon" was driving 750 miles around Washington State to see the National Parks and Seattle
At least your honeymoon wasn't a week of you in a cock cage watching from the corner while your new bride gets gangbanged by multiple rastamen passing her around to the right while they pass the ganja to the left.
>>1271909
>her honeymoon in Jamaica and all she did was sit on a beach at an over priced hotel
>>
>>1272017
>At least your honeymoon wasn't a week of you in a cock cage watching from the corner while your new bride gets gangbanged by multiple rastamen passing her around to the right while they pass the ganja to the left.
There's a lot of middle ground in between
>>
>>1272022
Wait, I gotta get married to get that?
>>
>>1271915
I cant believe Americans get 10 days! Where's the freedom in that? In Northern Europe we get 5 weekss paid vacation minimum. In addition to sick days, public holidays, christmas etc
>>
>>1272049

If you're not a nigger it's easy to get a job with 4-7 weeks. Unlike Eurabia we don't coddle every under achieving shit stain with his """""right""""" to 27 weeks vacation.
>>
This place can be so immature sometimes

op, just let other people live their fucking life and enjoy their travels as they want. Not everyone has the same ideas when it comes to plan a vacation abroad, maybe your co-worker thinks you're quite weird to when you tell her that you'll spend your vacation visiting some random place in eastern europe or do some non-normie vacation. Don't judge others, not everyone has the same interests.

Also, I visited a resort on the Red Sea in egypt when I was a kid, and it was the best vacation I ever had with my family. Swimming pools, free buffet all the time, lots of nice activities, daily tours to egyptian temples and pyramids, I even learnt how to scuba dive. If you're with your family or your partner resorts can be amazing places.
>>
>>1272197

Why don't you just """"travel"""" to a Great Wolf Lodge, faggot
>>
>>1272213
kiddo, if you're this bored pick up some vidya or something before you have to go back to being bullied in school in a couple of weeks
>>
>>1272213
Jesus, I bet you're a lot of fun at all the parties you go to.
>>
>>1271909
It's comfy and relaxing as hell.
I think I'm gonna go to one next winter.

The "not having to take care of anything" part plays a huge part when you live the standard worker grind, you'll see when your easy mode college life is over.
>>
>>1272233
>>1272217

Not an argument
>>
>>1272049

>tfw Ameriburger
>10 days
>tfw been working at an Amazon warehouse for 10 months and have only earned 2 full days of vacation so far because I work 12 hour days
>don't even get paid medical leave until next year

lol this country sucks
This job isn't even minimum wage shit, it's full time and pays $16 an hour. If you are American and work part time you get even less than that. At Amazon we don't get any holidays off except Christmas Day (but you work Christmas even into Christmas Day and leave Christmas morning lel). Now Amazon created Prime Day and they make us work 5 days of 12 hours in a row tomorrow. Kill me.
>>
>>1271915
this, and more importantly the correlating
>i want more people to like what i like
why? then you'll have to share them with more people. you should be grateful so many people want to go to resorts and on cruises and limit themselves to a handful of mainstream cities. can you imagine those TENS of MILLIONS of extra people moving into your Real Traveller territory, op? it's already happening, why are you encouraging it more? you'd be better off spending your time here shilling resorts as hard as you can than screaming "reeeee, normies!" like some /r9k/ faggot.
>>
>>1272238
Not an argument, a straight up insult. Probably on the nose.
GTF>>>/out/

No seriously, go outside and toss a ball around or something before the chan culture turns your weak ass mind into an angry meme spouting retard.
>>
>>1272249
>sending shitposters to /trv/'s sister board
why do you do that to us? send him to >>>/trash/ or something.
>>
>>1272249

Why even come to trv if you're going to defend mainstream shit like cruises and resorts?
>>
I don't really see how planning trips is a lot of work or something stressful. I am self employed and I work like crazy and I go on pretty extravagant trips I plan myself. All of the attention to detail and everything I put into the trips isn't that hard, instead of watching TV at night I casually browse the web and plan trips. I plan around three 3 week trips a year this way.

Not only that but when I am on vacation my worries are so much simpler. Instead of worrying about shit at work I reduce it down to "how to navigate to X today and not get pickpocketed". Granted when shit does duck up at work while I'm on vacation it creates a whole other level of stress but that has only happened once in 2 years. I really enjoy the break from the daily grind even if it does involve me actively thinking and planning.
>>
>>1271909
can get drunk for a week and call it a broadening experience for the kids
>>
Because there's two types of travel. There's traveling and there's going on vacation. Traveling requires effort to plan and go around sightseeing and immersing oneself into local culture. Vacation is minimal planning and relaxing on a beach in some tropical paradise for a week or two. Not caring about seeing shit, but rather being comfortable and relaxed. After working for probably months straight while trying to plan a wedding, can you honestly blame her for wanting to take a breather instead of rushing headlong into more planning and everything else that goes into travel?
>>
>>1272245
Are you sure that you're in America and not China?
>>
>>1272596
Dude that's pretty Standard for the Us
>>
>>1271978
Summer time. It happens every summer time
>>
>>1271978
>>1272627
School's out
>>
>>1271918
You don't go out much do you?
>>
>>1272628
>>1272627

No, he's just being rational you stupid cunts.
>>
>>1272479
Are these solo trips? Or with a partner/family? Real traveler vacations are so much more stressful when you have to worry about the desires and safety of loved ones. There are things I do, and places I go solo that I would never go and do with the wife and kids.
>>
>>1272631
Both solo and with the wife (no kids here).

I do do put in more effort with trips planned with the wife, as well as avoiding some countries. Still even with her I have planned long multi country trips through SEA that have went off fine. Even with those trips though I don't feel like the preparation was stressful. Then again I don't really do anything once I'm home from work but shitpost and browse the web so planning trips is almost like a hobby.
>>
>>1271909
Wagecuck here.

I am working my ass off all the year. I need two weeks every single year the escape from reality and from everything and to enjoy myself where I don't need to worry about what rubbish will I eat duing my quick lunch time because I can eat quality food, I don't need to worry about my work performance because I can relax and swim in he sea - beach.
I have finally enough power to go to the hotels nightclub and have fun, and I am not falling to the bed after the days of work
>>
File: 1498370569290.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498370569290.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
There's definitely a reason why these resorts are popular. Shit is just easy, and you don't have to worry about any logistics.

Christ, I tried taking my parents and sisters on a London + Paris trip on my dime and the whole experience was one fucking ordeal after another. Everyone in the family has their own constraints to plan around. On the first couple days I tried to lead with my normal go-with-the-flow approach to travel, which was only met with extreme amounts of bitching. My father and mother can't walk super long distances without discomfort, so transportation options were limited, and both my sisters are picky eaters/vegetarians so anything too ethnic, fried food, gluten heavy, etc was off the table. Predictably, we never had a meal that everyone enjoyed, and getting around the cities was expensive, slow, and put everyone in a bad mood. Even minor hiccups turned into a big deal. I remember our return flight getting cancelled and one of the sisters loudly exclaiming "Are you kidding me!", then quietly crying in front of the departures board.

Conversely, a cookie-cutter resort vacation would have been able to fit my family's retarded pallet, and entertained my mother and father with little headaches. I wouldn't have particularly enjoyed it, but if it meant my family were to have a good time, then that would've ok with me. Some people just don't enjoy the Realtravelerâ„¢ approach.

I hope you enjoyed my blog.
>>
>>1271918
/b/ is getting boring, anon had to resort to /trv/
>>
>>1271923
This might surprise you, but not everyone does things just so they can claim they did them. Some people actually enjoy sitting on a warm beach and getting drunk as opposed to sitting in whatever cold shithole they live in.

You must be pretty jaded if this is how you think.
>>
>>1272181
Whatever helps you sleep Amerifat.
>>
>>1271922
>>1271926
>>1271978
>>1272011
>>1272629
>>1272692
Why are you fucking idiots answering him? Just ignore and move on
>>
>Planning a trip is hard work
How?
All you need to do is find a hotel which is close to what you want and find a normal flight
Besides that, figuring out what to do when you get there is at most an hour of research
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>1272778
You can find all of those things in the US.
Why spend so much money on accents?
>>
>>1272778
>inside resorts is great
>outside resorts is dangerous
t. sandals pr representative

my tiny blond wife and i literally got dropped off by a bus in a burnt out building in trenchtown. no one there gave a fuck about us..
>>
>>1272688
I understand and agree, anon
>>
>>1272688
The solution is to avoid family vacations in the first place and jut spend time with them on other occasions. No point torturing yourself with a resort holiday, especially since it costs money and precious days off. If there's at least one person not enjoying the trip - in this case you - just don't fucking do it.
>>
>>1272778
>boomer scum:the post
Also you've obviously never been to Jamaica cause their women are hot as fuck
>>
>>1271909
I really don't understand you.

There is travelling to see new shit, and there is vacation aka recharging your batteries, aka honeymoon.

After a year of working yes, I want to go to recharge my batteries with my gf. I want to go to the beach with her, I want to drink expensive drinks, and really great food within my reach, not going anywhere.

btw we are going to Crete to the Creta Maris hotel next week, if anyone is looking for a great holiday we can meet there.
>>
>>1272238
wow hello, I see you're from /pol/ and might have autism.
>>
>>1271909
I-I don't know.

My mom does this. Seems like you could enjoy all the same stuff just by staying at home, right?
>>
>>1272807
Your tiny blond wife was blacked while you were at the front desk getting her a travel shampoo.

And this was God's will.
>>
>>1273015
Some of us like watching CSI and Sports Center from hotel's satellite provider.
>>
>>1271909
Because in Cancun there is no beach available to the public that isn't owned and fenced off by a resort.
>>
>>1273343
>going to cancun
>>
>>1271909

I get it for maybe a weekend at the start or end of a holiday or as a quick getaway, but I think it'd be boring as fuck after 2 days
>>
Hey. I want to do this. I'm on my feet all day and do physical work. I don't have a lot of money and I don't think anywhere is cheaper than Cuba.

I could just stay home and stay in bed watching movies, but that would hardly feel like a holiday and I'd probably go back to work feeling like I just sat around my house.

I want the most boring trip possible, probably very drunk, don't even want any social interaction. Do people try to talk to you at resorts?
>>
>>1273343
Not true.
>>
If I ever have children I can imagine this kind of holiday being an attractive option. I remember going to resorts like this a lot as a kid that had activity clubs where your parents could dump you for a few hours a day and get some damn peace and quiet. I prefer sight-seeing around new countries but I can't imagine doing that with anyone under 7 years old in tow.
>>
>>1271909
It's certainly not a genuine native experience if you go to a resort, but you can have good food, drinks, entertainment, relaxation, activities (kayak, sailing, scuba/snorkle, etc.) for a competitive price. Outside of obvious places like Sandals, a lot of resorts per room/food/alcohol cost is on par with domestic hotels in the US.
>>
>>1271909
Because it's great for relaxing after stressfull months. You don't have to care about anything. Just lay down, enjoy the weather/sun, drink cocktails and go swimming.
>>
>>1273675
As a parent, it's actually easier under 7 than the teenage years.
>>
File: tokyo disney.jpg (200KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo disney.jpg
200KB, 612x816px
>>1273934
ugh, shut up,don't remind me that he's going to turn into a shithead teenager. it's so much fun right now.
>>
>>1273942

8-12 is probably primetime. After that, they will just be bored on cultural trips, and even be done with normie resort/beach/amusement park vacations after 3 or 4 days or so.
>>
>>1273953
Like in the teenage years, your kids will gain the magical ability to ruin the vacation for everybody.

Does anyone remember the Russian dude on this board how had the bright idea to spend all this money to take his teenage brother on a trip to Thailand, and the teenage brother was bored, over it, and such, a shit head, he made the anon cut the trip short and the whole thing ended up estranging anon from his brother and family?
>>
>>1273954
That's unusual, i'd have told that fucker to stay in the hotel if he was bored, and if I wanted to leave a place my parents were at, they'd tell me the same shit

It's not teenagers, it's shitty parents
>>
>>1273967
Unusual? It's meme level. Have you ever seen any family vacation movie? Or even that Progressive Insurance commercial with Flo and the family camping trip?
>>
>>1273343
There's literally one right next to Tulum one of the main attractions.
>>
>>1273488
>I don't think anywhere is cheaper than Cuba

hahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHASHAHA
>>
>>1273333
Only if your home already happens to have a nice beach, a paid cook and cleaning staff, and nice weather and scenery.
>>
>>1272245
KEK
CORPORATEWAGEKUCKS BTFO

Im in construction for some old subcontractor and only work 8-10 hours a day at $25 an hour. I get every Sunday off and as long as I give enough notice I can just get any other day off as well.
>>
>>1274399
My home does not, but resorts in my hometown have all of those.

If you never leave the resort they're almost interchangeable.
>>
>>1272688
I hope I don't have the same experience. I'm literally trying to plan the same trip. Twelve days, 4 in london, 4 in paris, 2 in Versailles, one day each for arriving and leaving.
But my sister starts screaming and crying if she doesn't sleep through fucking half the day, my brother does the same if there's no Wi-Fi or if there's literally any noise at night. And both my parents get winded walking up the fucking stairs. Plus they all lose their shit if there's any complications, especially canceled flights which I dont understand, it's just one more night in which you stay in a random hotel and have a meal completely paid for. I think it's chill as fuck.

I love traveling, sightseeing, and aimlessly walking around. My family just wants to stay at hone and watch tv.

[spoiler] I'll probably just end up going by myself ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
File: 9364125893_fc78403b63_m.jpg (20KB, 240x201px) Image search: [Google]
9364125893_fc78403b63_m.jpg
20KB, 240x201px
>>1273488
>do people try to talk to you at a resort?

Only the whitest of people have ever talked to me and its always the most boring of convos
>hey! Where r u from? We're from Connecticut on our honeymoon!
>haha I'm allergic to dogs, r u?
>what do you do? I'm an accountant!

Meanwhile in just trying to finish my fifth margarita.
>>
>>1274546
>what do you do?
>tfw spend trust money
Here it comes.
>>
>>1274551
Kek just say you're self employed or some shit.
"Am taking a short break between jobs"
>>
>>1274540
>he only gets Sunday off
Come to the UK we get all weekends off plus 28 days mandatory paid holiday
>>
>>1272245
It's only Amazon. They're notorious for creating work policies that are borderline slavery. Get a better job.
>>
>>1274557
Fucking pisses me off. Why do The Smiths pry so much?

It sucks that a man can't stay in a resort and peacefully share wine with a local callgirl in a hot tub without Ma and Pa Smith showing up with their little crumb snatcher running around, or Sandeep on his first company paid retreat.
>>
>>1274743
Surely there are adult only resorts
>>
>>1274750
I always assumed that was implied, but I guess not.
>>
>>1274752
My parents dragged me to a resort in Corsica last year, more whites than my city in the UK but a lot of little shits running around
After that experience I decided never to go to a resort again even if it is paid for
>>
>>1274750
>>1274752
They do exist. Even sex themed ones
>>
>>1274574
>28 days

I'd lose my fucking mind. I love traveling but only for a couple weeks or so. Especially when going to 3rd world countries lol
>>
>>1274839
You don't have to take it all at once you know
>>
Show up to place and have a nice ass clean room where your stuff is safe and someone cleans up.... literally all the high end booze and delicious food your fat ass can handle... great service and convenience... can easily leave the resort and explore local culture at will...

Yeah resorts are so retarded I dont know how people stand them.
>>
>>1272245
I work retail while studying in notus and get $20 an hour plus 4 weeks time off a year plus sick leave.
Fuck your existence.
>>
>>1274754
There are no kids resorts anon. Check it out. I think they call them couple friendly or something.
>>
>>1271909
Because many places in Jamaica are shitholes, and you're not going to have fun unless you have relatives or locals helping you out.
>>1273015
You obviously never left the touristy areas. Or you have an oildrilling fetish.
>>
>>1271923
Traveling isn't an accomplishment dude
>>
>>1275540
Some people actually try make it out to be one
>>
>>1275540
It is unless you think you're too cool for school.
>>
>>1272245

Why the fuck would anyone submit to this kind of oppression?

Wouldn't it be better to be a hobo living in some remote shit village?

I'm getting so many paid leave days where I work now that I constantly have to move to the next year. Working basically a hobo level job (37,5hour week with to 15min paid for brakes per day) with no education making 50k euros plus 2-5k per year from overtime.

USA sounds really shitty. Say that you are upper middle class? You earn a relatively nice wage but the property prices and stuff are out of control. Why do people choose to live like that? What is the catch if you never even get to have a holiday?

It really does not even compute.
>>
>>1274387
Cheapest vacation including a flight food room cleaning?
>>
>>1275501
If you like black women, than Jamaicans are probably the most beautiful tbqh
>>
>>1275634
I take that back, Ghana, ivory coast, and Nigeria have the pretties black girls but carribean women are a close second
>>
>>1275634
>>1275643
t. Sex tourist
>>
>>1275664
Tfw African made kid will be next Obama :DDD
>>
File: 1500404875590.gif (966KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
1500404875590.gif
966KB, 350x261px
>>1272772
>Cops over a certain level of intelligence discriminated against.
>Literally robbed by banks and Wall Street and government doesn't punish them
>Healthcare not a right
>Takes ridiculous amounts of taxes but gives zero real benefit
>Election rigged by one political party and they still fucking lost
>Colleges being overrun by white hating mongoloids and white guilt cucks

Yeah, America doin aight
>>
>>1272807
>my tiny blond wife and i literally got dropped off by a bus in a burnt out building in trenchtown
Bullshit you did.
>>
>>1274540
>only work 8-10 hours a day
>only
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.