[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness while travelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: lonely-man-app.jpg (13KB, 513x342px) Image search: [Google]
lonely-man-app.jpg
13KB, 513x342px
Hey /trv/, I'm currently on my first solo trip in Europe. Im in serbia right now and I'm ultimately ending up in the UK on a work visa. I have no family in Europe and only some aquiantances. I feel like I've completely lost my sense of "home" as I think even going home would be depressing and I wouldnt feel comfortable, yet I have no where else to call home. I feel completely lost in the world and constantly lonely and uncomfortable.

I understand this may be the norm for people travelling alone for the first time, but I would love some advice on how to deal with this or any stories of your experiences.
>>
>>1226722
kill yourself
>>
>>1226726
What site is the best for streaming it?

No but seriously, >>>/b/
>>
>>1226733
But you wouldn't feel lonely. Isn't that the whole point?
>>
learn to live in the moment
enjoy what you have, and not savour what you don't.
>>
Don't try insulate yourself from loneliness. It wont work.
Go out. Explore.
You're in Serbia, go hiking in one of the national parks. You'll overcome those feelings and realise they are ridiculous.
>>
>>1226722
How old are you? I was exactly the same as you when I was around 21. The world is much bigger than your own feelings of insecurity. Grow up.
>>
Try online games, anon
>>
>>1226722
This needs tl;dr but w/e. I've been where you are dude - I did a year by myself in Asia.

Maybe you're a little depressed. It can happen. I don't know your whole story, but if this isn't the norm for you perhaps being alone all the time really is genuinely starting to weigh on you. Humans are still social creatures.

Check "Meetup", and see if there's any social gatherings in your area. See if there's any groups of other foreigners that meet up for activities together. Look for language exchange groups. Stay in hostels when you're traveling and meet people that way.
Go sight-seeing with sight-seeing groups for tourists.

You have to be able to put yourself out there and accept rejection - because chances are, a lot of the time you'll never see these people again. So it's okay if you make a few socially awkward blunders at first.

When you settle in the UK, you can still employ a lot of these strategies. Check out community centres in your neighbourhood too for other group activities.

When you're traveling, you often have to put yourself out there to meet new people. But once you start going out and meeting people you'll start to feel like you're carving out a life for yourself in the places you are - no matter how temporary.

Traveling is about both the journey and the destination. You'e got a wonderful opportunity on your hands - don't waste it. Build some stories. Get out of your comfort zone. Force yourself to go out and do something every single day in the public - anything.

Eventually, things get better. But it does take effort.

Sorry for novella. But I hope someone can take some advice from this. You are the only one who can make your own experiences.
>>
Try Tinder. Even if you are not looking for hookups you will meet interesting people. And just the hostel bar works too.
>>
>>1226807
Im 21
>>
>>1226893
Lol. The answer to your question is called growing up, faggot
>>
>>1226722
I know the feel but at least you are free. Get into company and you start missing things you want to do, instead of human interaction. Things are more important when travelling, if not always. You can't have everything. Unless you reinvent yourself into a new type of human bean.

Whatever you do, don't get stuck with a grill. People do that. Some 5/10 likes you and life doesn't suddenly seem so lonely and you drop all your plans to live her 5/10 life in some 5/10 place.

My advice is, find a whore. You'll feel great for a while and can move on and enjoy your life. Which is pretty fine life if you can tour around Europe all by yourself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.