[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 22

File: 104.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
New Japan General

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza
>Getting your weeb fantasies crushed

*Info on prostitution*
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/

*Note about the JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1188212
>>
STOP SCROLLING AND READ

>Remember, the first rule of Japan general is "do not reply to autismo kun". Second rule is "do not reply to autismo kun".

Should be in the first post desu
>>
>>1190324
We should put that up with the general thread information

Thinking about hitting up DisneySea. Has anyone been there? Would you recommend it?

Otherwise I've also been thinking of going to Universal Studios Japan.

I can't seem to make up my mind.
I actually have passed to both parks in California but I thought it would be interesting to visit
>>
How expensive is it to rent a car for a day? I'm staying in Tokyo but I want to go visit the lakes around Fuji.

Being that the buses in the area stop at 5PM, I was told it's easier to drive.

I am getting an International Driver Licenses but I have no idea for the daily rate is for renting vehicles.
>>
>>1190327
https://youtu.be/CFF8LMH1XhE?t=1m37s
I haven't rented a car myself, but this video may be of some use (skip to 1:37)
>>
File: 6108619_orig.jpg (130KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
6108619_orig.jpg
130KB, 800x534px
going to japan for hopefully about a month starting in late march. my first time to see hanami so i'm excited in some strange otaku kind of way
>>
>>1190344
Wanna meet up? I'll be in Tokyo at the end of March.
>>
Fellow Gaijin smasher here reporting in.
>>
File: IMAG3378.jpg (957KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3378.jpg
957KB, 2688x1520px
There is now a /trv/Japan LINE group!
If you would like to join, email your LINE ID to:

trv4chan@gmail dot com
>>
>>1190388
isn't there an easier way to join?
>>
>>1190326
I have not been to DisneySea. From what I hear they have all the same rides as the regular Disneys: Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tower of Terror, Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, etc. Seems disappointing that they wouldn't have new attractions like, I don't know, that 4D spiderman ride but with Disney characters or something.

From what I hear you can buy a lot of overpriced limited edition Disney crap. Like they have Disney gashapon machines there and Duffy the Bear plushes.
>>
Is meetup anon still around? Is it too late to sign up?
>>
>>1190390
Nah dude there's two Disney parks. There's the regular Tokyo Disneyland which has pretty much the same rides as regular Disneyland

And then there's DisneySea that's in my opinion a bit similar to EPCOT (I've never been to EPCOT but it's how I imagine it)
>>
>>1190368
because of mushi-atsui, the horrible moist heat
>>
>>1190324
Who is autismo kun?
>>
>>1190417
Check the previous thread for the walls of text about how Japan is a precious, fragile Faberge egg and we're all animals for even wanting to visit.
>>
Where can I go to buy Evangelion stuff?
>>
Does anyone know if it's safe to use illegal streaming websites like kissanime in Japan? The crunchyroll catalog is too small here.

I know torrenting without using a VPN can be dangerous...
>>
>>1190428
>I know torrenting without using a VPN can be dangerous...
Why?
>>
>>1190431
Just heard stories about people being tracked for torrenting Japanese stuff. Not sure how common is that, though.
>>
just moved to a city near omiya.

anyone know fun shit to do there for the night? preferably near enough to the train station so i can get my soon to be drunk ass back on the train.
>>
>>1190320
Any place to buy fireworks during the winter? I know it's a summer thing over there, maybe a china town?
>>
>>1190423
Akihabara.

>>1190442
I've torrented anime and western movies in Japan. No problems.
>>
>>1190452
What store?
Where is the weeb mart?
>>
I've landed myself a 1 year working holiday visa for Japan. Leaving in January.

What's the best advice you can give me?
>>
>>1190452
I looked around Akihabara, and I found some figurines and all that. But what about stuff like box sets, collectible items, etc.?
>>
>>1190457
You didn't look at all did you.
>>
>>1190458
I did, really.

Could you possibly name the store(s)?
>>
>>1190459
Just go into animate and ask, evangelion dvd naka dashi please
>>
>>1190462
>naka dashi

You're not fooling me, anon.

Thanks though. I'll go look in animate again.
>>
>>1190389
What do you mean?
>>
>>1190454
Do you already have a job lined up?
>>
>>1190466
Nah. I'll be WWOOF'ing. If a job presents itself to me, then sure.
>>
>>1190457
If you're looking for collector's stuff that you'd only be able to find secondhand then Mandarake would be your best bet
>>
>>1190423
Have you tried Trader?
>>
>>1190442
Use soft ether vpn. Its free
Or use xdcc iits faster than torrents and also free
If its your own network just torrent. youll be fine. Just don't seed.
>>
>>1190469
Thanks.

>>1190471
I remember seeing a bunch of electronics when I walked in. I'm guessing they were probably on the second floor which I didn't look at.

I'll look again when I go back though, thanks.
>>
>>1190473
Mandarake also has other stores besides akihabara, the selection would be different at all of them. Good luck finding the stuff you want anon I know how that goes.
>>
>>1190474
Thanks. I'm going to Osaka on Monday, so if I don't find it in the Akihabara store or the other ones near me, hopefully I'll be able to find some there.
>>
>>1190423
Theres a somewhat small evangelion store in ikebukuro
>>
>>1190475
If you have time to get over to Nakano broadway that's their main store, but akiba has a lot more variety in terms of other shops. There's also a mandarake in osaka
>>
>>1190474
>>1190475
Dropping in to say I was disappointed in every Mandarake shop I went to in Tokyo besides the one in Shibuya. It's on the left of a street and down some stairs, but it's absolutely huge and sells everything. I was in Shibuya on the last day of my trip and almost cut it from my itinerary because I hadn't really liked any other ones. I went to Japan hoping to find two particular things and I gave up on them both on the final day, then there they were in Shibuya's Mandarake.
>>
>>1190489
Bet you haven't been to Nakano mandarake
>>
I can't stop eating food, guys. Every day I manage to eat myself to feeling bloated. I feel disgusted with myself at the end of every day. Please, end me.
>>
>>1190499
Admittedly we were a bit rushed for time in Nakano Broadway and only got to explore about 2-3 floors. We saw a Mandarake that seemed to be dedicated to 80s-90s kids toys and wrestling. After going in to the cavern of despair that was Ikebukuro's Mandarake, we assumed that different Mandarakes are themed by region (Nakano is older stuff, Ikebukuro is fujoshit) and this was Nakano's Mandarake. How badly did we fuck up?
>>
>>1190501
Man, I've got the complete opposite problem.

I want to eat all of this Japanese food, but even if I'm at the point of fucking starving, one tiny little meal fills me the fuck up. This doesn't happen back home, why the fuck is it happening now?
>>
>>1190504
What kinds of things are you eating? I've been mostly eating lots of street food stuff and avoiding anything that's mostly broth/noodles as those will fill you up quick.
>>
>>1190505
A mix of both really.

I was in Akihabara earlier today, I hadn't had breakfast and it was nearing lunch. I decided to get those sticks with meat on them from that one store next to the one that sells the crepes, and I felt full for the rest of the afternoon.
>>
>>1190506
I hope you got the premium beef one, that shit is melt in your mouth. If it's the one I'm thinking of, you get 3-4 nice big cubes of very good quality meat that they actually bother to season well.
>>
>>1190507
That's the one. That shit is delicious.
>>
>>1190508
Holy fuck, I know, right? Friend and I paid $220 for some meme fuck dinner in Kobe and the beef had hardly any flavor and the texture was just like a normal steak. Compare that to the $10 fat chunks of beef you get in Akihabara and it makes me sick to think of how badly we got fucked.
>>
>>1190509
God damn, what place did you go to in Kobe?

Was it at least something themed like Gundam or some shit that makes it cost so much?
>>
>>1190510
No, it was just some shit place we got suckered into with no research that ended up being like 7,200 out of 7,800 in ranking on tripadvisor. It's honestly embarrassing to even admit, just outright stupidity.
>>
>>1190511
Use Tablelog next time
>>
You guys have close friends or at least acquaintances in Japan? How is socializing and banter there compared to, let's say, your hometown?
>>
>>1190503
It's mandarake hq in Nakano. They actually have several shops on each floor, each themed: from old toys to rare video game artbooks. So you basically visited lots of shitty stores and missed the best one. Kek
>>
>>1190503
https://thecupandtheroad.com/2016/07/09/mandarake-nakano-tokyo-anime-manga-otaku-guide/

>he missed the entire mall dedicated to Mandarake split up into a certain theme per stall
>>
>>1190521
>>1190522
Fuck my life, I really regret going to Ikebukuro that day now. The place was fujoshi trash and the Pokémon Center in Yokohama was much better in every way.
>>
File: am0VPb4_700b.jpg (41KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
am0VPb4_700b.jpg
41KB, 480x854px
Hey there guys,
I am just wondering if anyone has had situations in Japan where they really wanted to try out a restaurant which looked or smelled delicious, but were hesitant to do so?
There seems to be a lack of English language menus in places outside tourist traps and I know I have personally walked away from what could have been an unforgettable meal because I wasn't confident I'd be able to order without making a fool of myself.
Also, for the vegetarians and vegans out there, how do you guys find food that suits your diet in Japan? Do you use any specific applications or websites? I'm a vegetarian but sometimes I really struggle to find places that can accommodate me.
Thanks!
https://gooDOTgl/forms/BMpXDeTy0xB1ZMJs2
>>
>>1190525
Yep that's pretty common, if they don't have pictures or secret english menus/speakers you're pretty fucked. Had a good time at an izakaya though where me and a few friends ordered random shit off the menu with the help of a crappy photo translation app. Got chicken skin, liver and gizzard skewers, were pretty delicious.
>>
>>1190506
>>1190507
Had that as well when I was there, like eating beef that's 50% butter, delicious. Tounge is great too. They had too much salt for my taste though.
>>
>>1190525
Being a true vegetarian is pretty hard though, everything has fish in it, from mirin, fish sauce, bonito flakes etc. Vegetarian sushi is all I can think of, pretty much all japanese food is off limits. Heard there's good buddhist places that you can look up beforehand though
>>
>>1190532
dashi stock*, mirin is vegan
>>
>>1190529
I've been wondering how successful just ordering random food items in your price range would be. Under the assumption that you're not a picky eater of course.
>>
>>1190540
I'd imagine it to be pretty difficult in a restaurant setting, better in an izakaya or casual place.
On the way back home drunk at 5 am I got hungry and stopped at some kind of noodle fast food place in Shinjuku. Ordered whatever they had on special, still don't know what I ate that morning. Noodles with some kind of meat on top, had the texture and kinda taste of minced meat with a strong fishy aftertaste, served with an raw egg. Was pretty good though but they serve some strange shit in Japan, you might end up with pickled chicken knees ordering random items
>>
>Airbnb cancelled on me just now
>no place to stay from christmas to new years since it's all booked out

what do I do?
>>
>>1190543
Pester Airbnb and they might arrange something for you. Don't know where you're staying but tokyo is full of places over NYE
>>
Anyone got any experience with smaller, private eikaiwas? Working for the big chains like Aeon and Nova is soul destroying but the small ones sound too good to be true.
>>
>>1190525

I went to a traditional restaurant once that thankfully had photos in the menu. Ordered this beautiful casket with like 12 different types of sashimi. Had to leave half of it unfinished after I learned some of it was sea snail which had been smeared all over the rest.

But generally you can get by with just pictures as long as you don't mind the occasional nasty surprise.
>>
>>1190442
they have laws against it, but not a single case was ever enforced
>>
>>1190320
is there any point going to the comiket if im not into anime or manga?
>>
>>1190585
they have some other Otaku stuff, Military, Cars, planes etc.

There's also a lot of Cosplay to see

But I wouldn't go for 3 days then
>>
>>1190586
so just go 1 afternoon?
>>
>>1190556
You didn't try it to see if it was good?
>>
Want to buy a iphone in japan, when i came back to my country, it will work? where i can buy it?
>>
>>1190645
yes, an apple store
>>
>>1190587
yeah, would try the first day and if you like it, you can always come back for the 2nd and 3rd day
>>
>>1190585
The other anon put it nicely, but it's really not that simple.
Comiket is crowded as shit. It's filled with people who know what they want and are fine with lining up for hours to get it, and the last thing they want is some gawker, whether they're Western or Japanese, to get in the way.
A lot of items are limited-time offers and/or sell out quickly, and people are hurrying to get a hold of them. There are a lot of people with absolutely no surplus to mind manners (and like all conventions, some pretty harsh body odor and general stuffiness), and while it really depends on where you line up on what day, you might end up getting the death glare a few times because you got in the wrong queue, got in the way of the wrong queue or bought a limited-edition item without looking like you know what it's actually worth.
Comiket is also cracking down on resellers recently, and the artists and fans are in an uproar too about it - there are reports of artists refusing sale to foreigners because of rampant resale, rescanning and of course resale of watermarked Japanese-Chinese-English scanlations for thrice the original price.
Even completely counting out all other sources than Japanese otaku and hobbyists, Comiket is still called a "battlefield" pretty often - if you don't know what you want to get beforehand and don't have a route mapped out, it doesn't matter if you're an Indonesian weeaboo or Rozen Aso himself, you're going to get people mad at you. Even experienced Japanese regulars write shopping lists, work in shifts and draw out maps just to be able to get what they want.
You should be able to go, of course, but going very late would be the best idea. You're probably not interested in the limited-edition goods anyway, and later on the crowds and the people who can't spare a second will have dispersed.
>>
>>1190657
the things you are describing are true for some of the commercial stands and some very popular circles, but the majority of the other circles aren't really overrun.

When I went there, I did have a few things I wanted to buy, but those were all on the third day. The other two days, I just strolled around, looking for things based on shows I knew, saw some photo books and really spent the majority of time outside taking coplay pictures.

I do agree with going later though, no need to line up pointlessly in the morning if there is nothing specific you want to get
>>
>>1190657
Id just be going to gawk
>>
>>1190324
I can't believe my phrase is considered worthy of the first post. From now on you can call me /trv/ Durden
>>
>>1190767
I went to try and get stuff from the commercial groups, but seeing such a fuckhuge amount of people in one area was pretty cool too
>>
I'd like to know if there is anyone here who has experienced inconvenience when it comes to using the shinkansen with a very large suitcase/luggage. This is the dilemma I'm facing, whether to use kuroneko service for courier services as I've done before, but this time I am curious if my trip from tokyo to hakodate would prove this task a challenge otherwise.
>>
>>1190784
>1 large suitcase
Not a problem, just get to getting it off before you reach the platform. There are areas to stow it but they can get crowded. The real problems come when you have to traverse the station with the suitcase. if you can manage them up/down stairs you're good but if you can't you'll have fun waiting for elevators and taking the long routes.
>>
>>1190793
Yup, I've done my part of waiting and traversing these long-ass routes. The real concern for me is stowing the suitcase itself, as I can certainly say it cannot be stowed overhead, and it's a competition on whoever gets the last seat's vacant space for luggage. I am also considering using my legroom from my seat if it can fit there. I'm fretting over this because I don't want to inconvenience anybody needlessly. I also hope the reserved segments of the train would not be that crowded, I have a JR pass and will travel Dec 20+
>>
Personally, I was just going to be forwarding luggage the day before for most of my shinkansen rides, and taking a backpack with the essentials on with me for the train ride.
>>
>>1190795
Like I said, there is an area to stow luggage in each car. It's about the total size of 4 individual seats pushed together.
>>
>>1190801
did you even read the post
>>
>>1190802
Did you? The luggage area has nothing to do with whoever sits in the back.
>>
>>1190525
https://www.happycow.net for restaurants
https://isitveganjapan.com/ for food shopping
>>
Going to Japan in late January. Focusing on Tokyo, but wondering if Kyoto would be worth hitting at that time of year
>>
>>1190801
The luggage area in a Shinkansen has always been completely empty when I've been on it, the exception being right after New Years when I had to stand on a ride from Kyoto to Tokyo because they were all completely full. Nobody puts their massive luggage in the overhead space aside from retarded tourists
>>
>>1190816
Meant for this to be a question. Anything happening during Chinese new year? Tokyo or kyoto?
>>
>>1190817
This is what I hope to see this season, empty limited luggage area for my retardedly big luggage. Overhead is not an option, not because it will take a considerable amount of energy to put it there, but safety reasons as well.
>>
>>1190784
>>1190795
>>1190802
Should not be problem. Train will be empty. People fly to Hokkaido. There is likely space in luggage area. If not, there is many space in area under feet. Or ask Tokyo hotel or train station for takuhaibin. Very easy. Cheap ¥1500-2300.

>>1190818
Chinese New Year is not in Japan. Tokyo and Kyoto are always nice for visit.
>>
>>1190823
Alright, I'm quite happy to hear that they take the plane to get to hokkaido, JR pass is cheap and effective for my travel plans and you get to see the northern part of Japan whilst on a high-speed train. I would consider taking the 10k yen airpass next time.
>>
>>1190823
Thanks for info!
>>
I've been budgeting and keeping an eye on my expenses for the past 10 days. I've spent last of the 48,000 yen of cash that I had on me an hour ago.

I still have 20 more days to go, and 155,000 yen on a mastercard.

I haven't bought myself anything too expensive, other than food.

Do you think I'd be good to spend some decent amount of money for myself over the next 20 days?

I really don't want to end up without any money and still a few days before leaving Japan.
>>
>>1190828
Plan ahead, don't splurge on everything (food,drinking, etc) it will really depend on your itinerary for the rest of the trip.
>>
>>1190829
Thanks.

I've already got some expenses planned (theme parks, prostitutes, etc.), and those will be the major expenses on the day to day basis.

I'll be in Osaka/Kyoto/wherever for the next 12 days before returning to Tokyo for the rest of the trip.
>>
>>1190822
You'll be fine as long as you're not traveling the few days before and after New Years. If the luggage does somehow get full in your car just walk to the next one and put it there. Just don't forget where it is
>>
>>1190833
Thanks, this is really reassuring.
>>
>>1190834
Have fun anon, I've taken the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Sapporo before, it's a beautiful train ride. Long though.
>>
>>1190836
I really am expecting a long ride, I plan to stop at Hakodate, resume the train travel the next day to make it more tolerable. I should be able to get a glimpse of the beauty that is Tohoku region albeit coming from a view inside a high speed train.
>>
>>1190836
>I've taken the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Sapporo before
The shinkansen doesn't go to Sapporo, anon.
>>
File: train.png (210KB, 1144x620px) Image search: [Google]
train.png
210KB, 1144x620px
>>1190839
>>
>>1190839
>>1190841
Sapporo Shinkansen is still under construction/planning. Shinkansen can reach only up to the Shin-Hakodate station, from there you take a JR train towards Hakodate.
>>
>>1190841
Not to be a nitpicker, but the final leg is the Hokuto which is a limited express train, not a shinkansen.
>>
Where can I go in Japan to see snow? Somewhere on a street level, not mountains.

I don't want to have to go all the way to Sapporo, and since judging from this >>1190841 it's an 8 hour train ride. I don't think I want to spend 8 hours on a train.
>>
>>1190845
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2265.html
>>
>>1190847
Thanks. Looks like my best bet is Shirakawago while I'm in Osaka.

Though it looks like it's going to be a bus ride for most of the trip, since the Shinkansen doesn't seem to go to Shirakawago. There doesn't even seem to be a train station there.
>>
>>1190843
Alright, guess it was up to Hakodate on the Shinkansen and then local trains to Sapporo. I just remember coming out of the underwater tunnel and seeing everything covered in snow
>>
>>1190830
>theme parks and prostitutes
at the same time, i hope
>>
>>1190838
Good idea. When I went we stopped at Aomori for a couple days before going to Sapporo
>>
>>1190843
>Sapporo Shinkansen is still under construction/planning.
More planning than construction, I think. They haven't even identified the station site in Sapporo yet (and it's not totally confirmed it will even stop in Sapporo -- avoiding the city and going to Chitose instead has been suggested). In any case, it will likely be 10+ years before the shinkansen reaches anywhere near Sapporo.

>>1190850
I believe the shinkansen now goes to Kanazawa. From there you can take a local train up into the mountains to Takayama. Takayama is (AFAIK) the nearest major town to Shirakawa-go. The last time I was in Takayama (in February) there was plenty of snow there.
>>
>>1190864
>>1190850
If you want to go to Shirakawa-go, you can stop at Toyama Station, from there take the bus (40mins) that directly travels there.
>>
Any recommendations for any ryokan onsen in a snowy place overnight where I can travel to Jigokudani easily and then to Tokyo the next day?
>>
Taking like 2-3 hits of acid on a flight from USA to japan, you guys think its a good idea?
>>
>>1190868
lol no
>>
>>1190868
Bruh, tabs vary in their intensity and you didn't tell us how experienced you are either. Go watch "Enter the Void" and ask yourself whether or not it's a good idea.
>>
>>1190867
>Jigokudani
In Hokkaido? Noboribetsu? There are tons of onsen hotels and ryokan there -- you'd be hard-pressed to find a hotel or ryokan that doesn't have an onsen. Transport between Noboribetsu and Chitose is easy (bus or train) and from there multiple flights to Tokyo are available every day.

>>1190868
Listen to >>1190869 anon. 4 or 5 hits is a much better idea.
>>
>>1190871
>Jigokudani
http://en.jigokudani-yaenkoen.co.jp/

This monkey park. I'm currently looking for a place near Nagano but I have no clue what's good.
>>
>>1190870
Id be taking 3x 150ug tabs in the morning going to the Mt Fuji area to go hiking, spending all day there
>>
>>1190880
Please get lost and found dead in the spring.
>>
>>1190881
Lol I've been doing acid for 10 years now and I've been hiking all my life
>>
>>1190595

I'm open to trying weird food like tendons and ears, but gross shit like bugs and intestines is too much for me. I don't think there's anything the Japs won't eat
>>
>>1190445
you can buy small stuff in little shops around the ski resorts i know
in winter
>>
File: IMG_20161207_182444_HDR.jpg (6MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_182444_HDR.jpg
6MB, 4608x2592px
>>1190454
I'm one year into my wh (1.5 years for Australians)
I'm having a great time. i recommend learning as much jp as you can. it's so fun to talk to people. and when you're here is a great opportunity to learn more.
enjoy yourself
>>
>>1190468
also recommend working the ski season. great fun
>>
>>1190517
depends on the person. there's heaps of cool people here though. kansai is supposed to be more easy going and shit than tokyo which i generally agree with
>>
>>1190543
worst case you can stay at manga cafe or spa place
>>
>>1190868
i cant think of a situation in which it would be found
>>
>>1190917
manga cafes are disgusting, the booths are used for having a quick wank by the japs
>>
>>1190320
So hat's the story to this picture?
All I found out it's some stone in a park, possibly from ot in Kawana, Izu if I interprete 伊豆川奈石 correctly...
>>
>>1190529
>>1190540
>>1190542
You know, I'd really like an Izakaya/restaurant cheat sheet with the most common food-related words - ingredients and preparations, plus a few general words like maybe numbers, seat charge, tax - neatly listed for quick reference.
>>
>>1190933
well you aren't wrong but
don't be a bitch. a wank stain never killed anyone
>>
>>1190543
my gf and I will be in Tokyo from 28 to 2. maybe you could crash.
>>
>>1190988
I found another place but had to pay a higher price farther from Tokyo.

Thanks for the offer though but with your girlfriend around it would have been awkward to explain. Are you going to the meetup?
>>
>>1190961
Internet search is not difficult... But many place for eat has menu with picture. "Main" dish as idea is not for izakaya. "Main" dish as idea is only find in restaurant that serve one dish. Like restaurant that serve only ramen, only yakisoba, only curry, only yakitori, etc. "Main" dish of only vegetable in izakaya or in restaurant is not common. Sorry, only vegetable to eat is difficult. Small dish of only vegetable is eat on "side" is normal. Like some kushiyaki, some tempura. "Main" dish of only vegetable is normal for some Buddhist temple. Meat and fish in most dish is common. Like in soup, in liquid, in seasoning. Is common in dish of "only" vegetable. Extra charge to eat in izakaya is normal. Is like ¥200-¥500/people. Tax is include in price of dish and item in store is normal... Many answer can find by internet search.
>>
>>1190880
So is there any real risk of being caught bringing acid on a plane or into Japan?
>>
>>1191033
Yeah drug smuggling is risky, if they have dogs or you're searched thoroughly you're looking at a nice long prison sentence in hell on earth. But if you want to take the 1 in 1000 risk of instant game over go ahead.
>>
>>1191042
>Dogs sniffing out LSD

Wat
>>
>>1191029
I have no idea what you just wrote.

Also the problem with internet search of menu items is that it's pretty much impossible to input Japanese characters in your phone if you don't know the meaning/spelling of a character in the first place.
>>
>>1191029
I wasn't speaking of vegan/vegetarian dishes specifically. Thankfully I'm free to eat whatever I want.
What I mean is just a vovabulary list for quick reference. Words like ingredients (e.g. beef, pork, chicken, garlic, whitebait, soft tofu, innards, etc), cooking methods (e.g. fried, skewered, simmered, sauteed, etc) and popular dishes. So when you (spontaneously) go to a restaurant, you can get a rough idea of the menu.
Even with pictures, it's sometimes hard to tell what a dish is.

Guess I'll have to start compiling one myself.
>>
File: itinerary.jpg (92KB, 511x1041px) Image search: [Google]
itinerary.jpg
92KB, 511x1041px
So I've put together this itinerary for my trip to Japan in March. I'll be staying in Tokyo at 1 hotel the entire time.

I need some input on places to visit, as well as experiences that you all recommend.

I've already budgeted out my hotel, flight, cost of food, pocket wifi

So this leaves me with about ¥99000 in spending money that I will use on transportation, bars, activities, souvenirs.

I'm interested in electronics, fashion, tea, craft beer, hiking. I'd also like to maybe see some techno acts.
>>
>>1190998
It wouldn't have been awkward. We're both easy going and wouldnt mind a third wheel too much. I'm not sure if we will go to the meetup. Depends on what the meetup wants to do. If Im not mistaken, I think the one who is organizing it wants to meet up for comiket, which is something we aren't too interested in except to visit for the spectacle for an hour or two. For the most part while we are Tokyo we will be going to different wards, drinking, eating, shopping, and clubbing to an extent.
>>
>>1191042
Dogs can sniff LSD?
>>
>>1190657
What a load of bullshit. And it's not even that crowded. The only real downside is that you really need to arrive early (like at 6) if you aim for something specific. Otherwise, just go by noon and enjoy
>>
>>1191079
You are mistaken as we meet for a dinner at a yakiniku place on 28th.
>>
>>1191108
> And it's not even that crowded
Not that anon but comiket is definitely fucking crowded, by any definition of the word.
>>
>>1190960
OP here, I took the picture. It's from Kiyosumi Garden.
>>
Can we still sign up for the meetup? Is the anon who's organizing it here?
>>
>>1191124
>The Iwasaki family collected fine and beautiful stones from all over Japan, brought to Tokyo on their steamships and placed around the garden.
Ah, now it makes sense why it would have a nametag. Thanks.
>>
I'm 19, white canadian male

How difficult will it be to drink while I'm in Tokyo? I really want to visit the craft beer bars, sample some japanese whiskies, and maybe go to a few clubs/karaoke bars.

I'll be by myself too
>>
>>1191150
I'm an 18 year old Arab male currently in Japan.

The only time I've been carded is at Don Quijote while trying to get a bottle of Corona.

I've never tried to get into any clubs though, as they apparently always check ID's.
>>
>>1191150
sorry m8, no Canadians :/
>>
>>1191150
What you're asking is "How do I break the law in a country I decided to go to, when I could stay at home and not have to break the law or even just wait until I don't have to?"
It's pretty fucking easy, as the Japanese tend to overestimate foreigners' age or just not want to risk a misunderstanding. Most people would stop and think about what they were doing if they caught themselves thinking about how to go to another country just to break the law.
To the Japanese, their law is just as real as Canadian law, just as important to their culture and just as important to their businesses. These laws have been made for a reason, and unless you have a degree on Japanese politics and culture to understand exactly why obeying this law is counterproductive, it's not what I'd call good taste to act like the laws of countries that you go to of your own free will are just "foreign ooga-booga laws" that you can freely cheat.
You're still going to do it anyway, and you still risk getting in trouble because you're breaking the law.
I really, earnestly (and with no shitposting intent - I really can't understand how you can live with yourself) wonder why you're paying money to go to Japan when you obviously have no respect for the decisions of the Japanese people or government, though.
I can understand that you want to drink, but for fuck's sakes, you can't have everything. It's stay home and drink, go to Japan and don't drink, or wait till you're a legal major in Japan and then go over there and drink.
>>
>>1191156
Man I bet you're real fun at parties
>>
>>1191065
We could try and make one for the Japan general sticky, it would come pretty handy. I'm in.
>>
>>1191150
Not difficult at all, nobody is gonna card you for alcohol because you're a foreigner who isn't obviously a kid. I started drinking there at 17 when I went for uni
>>
>>1191169
So I should be good as long as I don't go to the clubs?

Are the clubs even worth it? Is it like American clubs?
>>
>>1191170
To be honest I've never had an interest in clubbing, so I've never gone to one there. I'm sure there's another anon that could answer your question though.
>>
>>1191162
Don't feed the autism please
>>
What are my odds of picking up a Japanese girl as a white guy semi conversational in Japanese on vacation in Tokyo for two weeks?

Where do I go, how to approach?
>>
>>1191175
Very good whitey!
>>
>>1191175
Same places and ways you pick up girls in the your own country.
>>
>>1191150
>canadian
Canadians haven't been allowed in Japan for 20 years m8. Do you have a US passport?
>>
>>1191180
This

And even though cute japanese girls love the white cock, good luck getting pass the language barrier. At best you might get someone wanting to practice their english.

You need to be the funniest person ever too, and your humor has to translate.
>>
>>1191181
Dual citizenship my nigggaaaaa
>>
>>1191185
>>1191181

What? Are Canadians not allowed to travel to Japan? Why is that?
>>
>>1191186
They're trolling

https://japan.visahq.ca/
>>
>>1191162
My new friend remember, the first rule of Japan General is do not reply to Autismo kun. The second rule is do not reply to Autismo kun.
>>
Red pill me on Japan in winter. Would I have a good time making my first trip there during January? Would it be cheaper? Would there still be stuff going on?
>>
Lads, I wanna see a sumo match when I go in May
Is it worth it?
>>
>>1191200
Yes no yes
>>
>>1191204
On the no, yes it actually would be cheaper. There's tons of express flights that are opening up for Japan in January.

If I were to fly from Atlanta to Tokyo in June I'm paying at least 1200, but for me to go from ATL to Tokyo next month, it's about 8-900.
>>
So guys, I really want to go to Okinawa, but I can't decide where should I go.
I've read the best time is in April. But I'm not so sure about it as the max temperature is 25 c.

My other option would be the first days of October, where it should still be at 30 C but I'm afraid of typhoons ruining it.

All I want to do is go 3 or 4 days, swim, eat fish and drink the snake sake. Then I would head back to Tokyo.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>1190428
Streaming is okay, downloading isn't. Use a VPN.
>>
>>1191208
What's the problem with it being 25c? Too cold?
>>
>>1191232
Japan has the most draconian laws in all 1st world countries.

Not a single person has ever been prosecuted under them and it seems they were passed just to get the US Gov, RIAA, MPAA, etc off their back

Japanese people don't really pirate and they don't give a shit about the people that do. I torrented and seeded every single day for 3 years
>>
I'm in Osaka with a large suitcase and can't check into my apartment until 1600.

What should I do?
>>
Find a luggage locker.
>>
>>1191245
water being uncomfortable presumably
>>1191261
major train stations have luggage lockers everywhere
>>
>>1191260

Give them time

https://torrentfreak.com/japan-police-arrest-44-in-nationwide-internet-piracy-crackdown-160224/
>>
this country is so boring after a year.

month and a half till i leave for Urumqi - salation is near! >>1191296
but how is torrenting in china?
>>
>>1191301
No clue, never been.
>>
>>1191301
I feel it's more like you're bored after spending a whole year in one part of the country.
>>
>>1191301
probably true, yamaguchifag here

although i usually travel around every two weeks.

last place i wanna visit is Kagoshima, anyone have recommendations?
>>
File: matsutake.jpg (174KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
matsutake.jpg
174KB, 900x675px
>>1191301

Anon, where can you be in Japan if Urumqi is your idea of excitement?
>>
>>1191308
Shiroyama koen
>>
>>1191309
>5万円 mushrooms
Wew lad
>>
>>1191309
Yamaguchi-ken, pretty inaka. but I lived in Kyrgyzstan for 2 years so im attracted to central asia.

Japan is fun - awesome food, ill miss unagi, beautiful girls, most hiking has good nature, but its too cozy here. no adventure.

Urumqi
(+) a melting pot of Uighur, Han Chinese, and Russians, wild east of china, like tibet without tourists, god tier landscapes
(-) chinese government, islam
>>
>>1191315
>Chinese government AND Islam
I'd definitely have to pass on that
>>
Anyone in Tokyo this week that wants to hang out during day time?
>>
File: 1472416216248.png (53KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
1472416216248.png
53KB, 421x248px
>mfw just cancelled my previous hotel plans and got a new hotel for cheaper per night and closer to everything

SMART
>>
File: image.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>1191138
I am here. Alright, here's the last call then:

Tokyo meetup
28th December. We are having a yakiniku dinner.
Drop me a line if you want to be there:

Kensamameetup at gmail.com

Kindly mention if you plan to bring friends as we might have some capacity issues.
>>
>>1191331
Any traps going?
>>
I'm planning on taking a two week trip to Japan or Korea after I get out of the military. I have some ideas on what I want to see and get all my weeb dreams destroyed. I'm curious to know though how the general public would treat me if they found out I use to serve in the American army. Probably won't help that I'm from Texas and have a slight accent too.
>>
>>1191362
Not a pattaya general, pal
>>1191363
No one would obviously give a fuck, jeez. "General public" wouldve perceived you differently like 70 years ago
>>
>>1191323
What kinds of stuff are you up to doing?
>>
>>1191367
Anything really. I'm just waiting until the person im visiting done with work

If you have line add me username is twannus
We can discuss if we have the same kind of interests
>>
>>1191245
>>1191283
Water being too cold. Or maybe there will be no water activities at all.
>>
File: tokyo-nye.jpg (99KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo-nye.jpg
99KB, 620x349px
Travelling to Japan with GF towards the end of December and will be staying in Tokyo over New Years Eve.
Knowing many restaurants and sights will be closed, does /trv/ have any tips?
Also, NYE seems to be more of a family oriented holiday in Japan. What do you recommend doing as a first time visitor?

tl;dr
Staying in Tokyo over NYE. What to do and where to eat?
>>
Does anyone know the liquid rules for checked luggage? I know carry on but I can't seem to find checked
>>
>>1191409
I dont think there is one other than for booze where i think its 2L?
>>
>>1191410
Alright awesome. I'll probably double check just to make sure but thanks. I need to bring my own shampoo. The hotel shampoo sucks.
>>
>>1191414
not a problem, but anyways that's up to your airline and has nothing to do with japan
>>
what are some romantic spots
>>
>>1191442
Yomomiya, although a bit cheap looking, is totally great. Visit it in the evening, about 30 min from Shinjuku by jr chuo line
>>
File: 1479766323970.jpg (26KB, 405x544px) Image search: [Google]
1479766323970.jpg
26KB, 405x544px
Alright friends, this post is ripe for exploitation, but I just gotta ask. I keep thinking about it and cringing, I just stopped dead in the shower remembering it.

Last week I was in Asakusa and I was standing in line for some of that sweet delicious fruit bread. An old lady looked back at me to see if there was anyone behind her; I threw her a big smile and she smiled back. Now at this point in the trip, a few people asked me if I spoke Japanese. I found that the most amusing response to this was to pinch my fingers together as if to say 'a little'; it was nice for diffusing tension and we both got a little giggle out of it. The lady started speaking to me in Japanese, and as soon as I heard 'Nihongo', I went into autopilot thinking she asked if I spoke the language. Cue me pinching my fingers together.

In retrospect, I don't actually think she asked me that. She put her hands behind her back and shuffled along when I replied. I'm fucking terrified she asked me something like "How are you enjoying Japan?" and I pinched my fingers together with a cute expression on my face like a dumb ass fuck. Is it typical for sweet old ladies to just ask you outright how you're enjoying Japan? I know there's a million possible answers, but would anyone have any idea whatsoever what she could've been saying to me? I'm unnecessarily stressed over this.
>>
>>1191167
I think the real cinch here is to compile a list of vocab that's actually found in menus.

Luckily I finally found this site again:
http://www.oksfood.com/index.html
A list of all kinds of Japanese foodstuffs, plus their names and pictures.

Now I just need to get off my lazy euro ass and start compiling.
>>
NEX or limo bus for a first time traveler going from Narita to Shinjuku?
>>
>>1191469
if she actually said "Nihongo", then it couldn't have been translated to "How are you enjoying Japan" as Nihongo only translates to Japanese
>>
>>1191472
I'm about 90% sure she said 'Nihongo', but there's still that little bit of doubt in my head. I just want to go back and make things right for the little old lady.
>>
>>1191261
No the same anon, but can you do that for multiple days?
>>
>>1190868
100ug max. You don't want a body load on an airplane.
>>
>>1191033
Nope. I have brought about 50 hits of acid to Boom Festival in Portugal from the Netherlands to Madrid. Dogs cannot sniff lsd and if you just put it in between some notebooks nobody is going to see it in an xray.
>>
>>1191070
For techno/electronic nightlife https://www.residentadvisor.net/events.aspx?ai=27
>>
i really can recommend Iga

>Demon Festival was pretty cool
>Ninja museum and show was ok
>fucking delicious meat restaurant on par with kobe
>very nice flair and beautiful houses
>>
>>1191408
>What do you recommend doing as a first time visitor?
Hatsumode, the first shrine visit of the year. Every year in January, people come out to shrines in droves to pray for the coming year. Shrines usually have various festivities for this during the beginning of January. Worth a look, anyway.
>>
>>1191470
Thats actually pretty good. Right now a have a few exams left, but I should be able to help on the next week. I'll try to get as many ramen variants as I can. So we can know what ramen has with it before ordering on one of those ramen machines.
>>
File: shinagawa.jpg (37KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
shinagawa.jpg
37KB, 630x472px
>second trip to Tokyo soon
>staying in Shinagawa again
>just occurred to me that even though it's got great transport links, I had to get a taxi back most nights
>should have booked in Shinjuku or Shibuya, would probably have cost the same but would have saved a lot of cash on taxi fares after trains have stopped
>most decently priced hotels are already full

At least I'll have this sweet view. Closer to the airport and more of an excuse to hit Yokohama, I guess.
>>
>>1191511
well, I started compiling a bit:
http://pastebin.com/CApTPRkp

Still unfinished and incomplete, plus this will need some serious formatting and pruning to make it a short/quick reference.
>>
File: ABA482.jpg (92KB, 864x696px) Image search: [Google]
ABA482.jpg
92KB, 864x696px
I'm visiting Japan for the second time next July (I know it is the worse time to go but it was the only time one of our travellers was available and we all had our hearts set on Japan) for 13 days. We're doing the usual Tokyo to Hiroshima and everything in between, but we want to either visit Okinawa or Hokkaido, and we're not sure which one to pick. Some of us want to go to Okinawa, and some of us want to go to Hokkaido.

I have a few questions to help us decide:
Is it easy to get around the Okinawan islands?
Is July a good time to visit Okinawa?
Is it easy to get around Hokkaido? Will we need to rent a car and would there be a lot of driving around?
Which place offers more in the month of July?

Thank you guys!
>>
>>1191527
you're a star lad
>>
I want to eat fugu. How much can I expect it to cost? Is there any "fugu experience" particularly worth having?
>>
Apparently I can use PASMO/Suica in the Kansai region, but whenever I tap my card on the gate thing it gives me an error. I know I have sufficient funds on the card, so what's the deal?
>>
Are wwoof's in Japan worth it?
>>
>>1191572
>>
>>1191574
?
>>
Any advice on prepaid credit cards in Japan? I assume there probably is no issue with them and they work the same in the US but I thought I would ask.

I am going with about 400,000 Yen and would rather not have it all in cash
>>
>>1191573
If you know Japanese well.

Otherwise it's a pain in the ass.
>working with people when you can't understand their directions
>>
>>1191470
>>1191511
make an app and earn 43 cents a year on ads
>>
>>1191570
100$, go slice a 5$ piece of cod thinly if you want the fugu experience, it's a gimmick, just a piece of white fish.
>>
>>1191108
>Not that crowded.

Did we go to the same event? I even made sure to go later on the 2nd day.
>>
>>1191570
Usuki Fugu Yamadaya

It's a Michelin star restaurant
>>
>>1191628

I can't imagine spending like $300 on one meal. I was thinking maybe somewhere around $100-150.
>>
File: 1429145127735.jpg (49KB, 283x323px) Image search: [Google]
1429145127735.jpg
49KB, 283x323px
Can you make it with $900 usd for a week in tokyo? Considering all expenses except the plane. I'm going to be close japan and wanted to take advantage but had no time to save more. And of course I'm not expecting luxuries.
>>
>>1191635
Then don't get fugu

If you cheap out your mouth will probably go numb
>>
So I'm ln Tokyo atm and kind of want to go to a festival, whether it be one in a park or school, but how would I know when they're going on?
>>
>>1191636
Yes you can.
>>
>>1191636
Yes 900 USD if that is just spending money for food/gifts. You should be able to eat at some nice places as well or pick up some good gifts if you manage your money properly.
>>
Going to Tokyo on the 26th, staying for about a week with some friends. Went through most of the locations but i'm looking for some small gimmick places; cafes or interesting places you guys have personally went to, places we can spend like an hour or so and head out just to pad out the rest of our trip. Any suggestions?
>>
>>1191639

oh no my mouth will go numb oh dear what a tragedy

I'm sure there's no difference in safety standards if I were to opt for a much-cheaper 1-Michelin starred restaurant over a 3-star.
>>
>>1191647
I mean if you want to take the risk go ahead.

If I was gonna have fugu I'd want to go to the world renowned place so I don't risk death by fugu. It tastes exactly the same as tuna
>>
>>1191645
You mean without accomodation?
>>
>>1191650

>I mean if you want to take the risk go ahead.

>Sandaime Uokuma
>~$100 for a set meal
>Running for 75 years and no casualties

I'm paying $100 a meal. It's not like I'm waltzing into some 7-11 and ordering some old fish hot dogs that have been on the grill since 6am.
>>
File: gufu.jpg (716KB, 1100x815px) Image search: [Google]
gufu.jpg
716KB, 1100x815px
>>1191570
yes I tried some in a place in Shinsekai Osaka where it was JPY1500 for a set lunch with perhaps three pieces and other dishes for the meal. It's an interesting area for food and nightlife, gay bars, near Tennoji Park, secondhand shops, arcades ... and some fancy tourist restaurants, too. Like the one in the pic - maybe 600m south of the tower where you'd expect to pay (guessing) JPY8,000+ per person
>>
Is it even worth going to Osaka if you don't care about food?

It seems like the only thing people ever talk about is food and the castle which doesn't sound interesting enough for me to make the trip from Tokyo during my stay.
>>
What are your guys' recommendations for Akiba?
>>
>>1191666
If you are a weeb visit every building in the main street do a maid cafe one time.
>>
File: Hikone.jpg (1MB, 998x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Hikone.jpg
1MB, 998x1300px
>>1191663
maybe not. Kansai is the historic centre of Japan and if you're interested in history Osaka is the gateway to the story of ancient Japan from 300AD to 1700AD and a must for access by air to Kyoto, Nara, Lake Biwa, Kasihara etc. I spent all my time in Japan in Kansai and never made it to Tokyo - and as a newfag on this board I wonder why there's such a focus here on Tokyo? I had a look at the castle and it was the most horrible experience I had in Japan. The whole thing's a recreation in any case. If you want to see one of the castles, see one of the few originals - like Hikone or even just the ruined fortifications ... they've much more of a story to tell you.

>>1191639
Well, I kinda cheaped out and didn't get the "numb" feeling. Actually, what I wanted was that I'd always heard that the skilled Japanese fugu chefs can prepare it so that you get a tingling buzz and yet live to tell the tale. I was expecting some like pseudoephidrine. But I don't think there's any real risk they'll send you home in a box.
>>
>>1190525
+1 for purple cow. Vegan here and I had awesome breakfast lunch and dinner everyday... it was like heaven. If you buy a 24 hour tokyo metro pas stop can get to most of the restaurants. Here's my favorites:

T's TanTan: vegan spicy ramen (vegan broth!!!!!!)

Ain Soph Restaurants: Broad selection, a little pricey. Amazing desserts

Noraneco Kitchen: Cozy place run by this cute lady. Bring Google Translator for menu, ask her on facebook if she's open. The neighborhood is very quaint
>>
>>1190986
>Go to Male Hypermedia Relax
>Pick out some hot gyaru DVDs
>Go to my room
>Place my bag on the floor because I don't see the signs about putting it up top
>Next morning waiting for a train
>Feel my backpack to check if it's full
>Get a nice amount of Asian spunk in my hand
>I was walking around with Japanese semen on my backpack unknownlying for multiple hours
>>
>>1191667

I'm an ultra weeb, just wanted to know if theres some good hidden shit. >floors dedicated to cards.
>>
>>1191639
Friendly reminder that it's been over a century since someone died from eating fugu prepared by a properly trained Japanese chef.
Fugu is not considered something dangerous in Japan, because it isn't. It's something that even kids and teenagers will eat if it comes on the table - it's just treated as a completely normal delicacy, because that's how comprehensive the training is and that's how relatively easy the preparation is.
The difference between the American and the Japanese perception of fugu is insane, and it's mostly due to how it's been portrayed in Hollywood films - it made its way in as a plot device during the Yellow Peril, where it was used to show how depraved and cruel the Yellow Menace was, and has been ridiculously exaggerated in potency and difficulty of preparation. Western media paints a picture of every fugu dinner as a brush with death, while Japanese people eat it casually without caring for much but the price.
The reason that fugu could become a high-class ingredient in Japan without any (and that's any at all) deaths from meals prepared by properly trained chefs is that the face culture and the extremely competitive restaurant business just doesn't leave any room for failure. There's simply no reason to fail and throw out your name and career for a decade in prison and a life of shame because you fucked up and didn't fix it.
The thing that makes the preconception stick is likely that such a system would never work in for example the US, where one of the links would eventually slip along the way, someone would die and the restaurant would make a legal fight out of it. The US' cultural relationship to risky foods and medicine has been shaped by snake oil salesmen and big pharmaceutics, so it's very easy to make Westerners knee-jerk at the idea of fugu for a cheap boost of action in a movie or a cheap dose of Inscrutable Asian stereotypes in a clickbait news article.
>>
>>1191677

Autismo kun is being genuinely helpful, and without sounding like a dick, to boot! I approve of this demeanor.
>>
>>1191680
To be perfectly honest, it's intentional.
I'm showing up at the meetup, and that's why I'm trying to get the shitposter out of my posting patterns.
I used to shitpost on /jp/ to kill time, then the thread I posted in got cancer and I went here for a change. I realized pretty early on that there's a difference between the two boards, but habit is habit and I had enough going on in my life to have to vent in some way.
I can take being an embarrassing asshole on the Internet because in the end almost everyone is and some people laugh, but spilling spaghetti on people in real life isn't fun for anyone (and that's why the Internet exists). No one's going to have fun if I make like a Facebook memer kid and bring shitposting into real life.
>>
>>1191674
There are floors dedicated to everything, I remember passing by at least one card specific shop while walking around the main street at ground level
>>
>>1191681
Huh, so you aren't actually autistic then, just a shitposter. I can respect that.
>>
>>1191683
There are some of my own opinions in there, but I shitpost by taking things I care about and then blowing up the volume to the point where people think I have to be making it all up. It makes it easier to keep on going for ages, because I have all the ammunition I need.
It does have the drawback that I get used to writing like an autist, though, and thus lapse back into shitposting patterns even when I'm not trying.
>>
Has anyone here fucked any of the prostitutes in Tobita Shinchi?

What's the procedure like?
>>
>>1191686

go up to an attractive woman, grab her by the pussy, throw money at her after you're done
>>
>>1191684

You seem like a pretty cool guy, apart from the shitposting. You should just stop -- I don't think anyone actually reads those. I usually read the first 3 words, check the formatting and notice it's you, and then just move on to the next post.
>>
>>1191690
No really. Like, what are you allowed to do and what aren't you allowed to do?

Is there like a poster somewhere with illustrations or some shit?
>>
>>1191692
They worked quite a bit better in the AKB general, but that's because /jp/ posters are generally more defensive and will give it a read just to argue about Japan.
/trv/ posters are usually fine with ignoring a post if they aren't interested in it, so I ended up just shitposting out of habit. There have been a few times in which my walls of text actually managed to make someone reconsider their stance, too, so I was probably just hoping for one more coincidence.
But in spite of it all, people like >>1191696 still rub me the wrong way.
>>
>>1191697
Hey, what did I do wrong?
>>
>>1191698
In my own opinion, if you're going to a country to fuck prostitutes, you could at least try to do the research on your own or admit that you aren't going to get the same service as a foreigner.
Sex tourists already give tourism a bad name in the first place, and I know that you'll leave a much better impression if you at least put a few months into cramming Japanese instead of relying on travel parlor-level guides.
I live in a city that's home to a globally famous tourist attraction, and from experience I know that lists, parlors and guides cause more problems than they solve. They give you just enough resources to get into a situation that might be hard or embarrassing (or even dangerous) to get out of, and the last thing you need in that situation is relying on a partial and maybe even flawed guide.
Especially if you're just going to a country to screw hookers or go clubbing, people appreciate it if you go out of your way to care. On top of that, nothing beats being able to communicate fluently with people, and putting in that practice is going to help you enjoy going to Japan not just now, but also for the rest of your life.
>>
Anyone here been to Miyama? Here now and going to the thatched roof village tomorrow, wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what to eat while in the village itself, there's such an abundance of options that I'm afraid I'll fill up before getting to try them all.
>>
>>1191686
im planning to go anon next week when im in Japan. i researched and will write down what i have later. anything you looking for in tobita?
>>
>>1191471
I'd do NEX but that's mostly because it's what I'm used to and it's included with a rail pass
>>
>>1191686
No gaijin allowed
>>
>>1191710
Not really. Just wondering what their rules and shit are. Since I don't understand any Japanese, I don't want to end up fucking a chick and then cumming somewhere I'm not supposed to then get the local cops called on me or someshit.

What date next week will you be in Japan? I'm in Osaka until the 24th.
>>
>>1191713
i will be in osaka on the 17th
>>
>>1191537
Bump on this please
>>
>>1191714
Nice. Let me know how it goes, I'll wait until your report to go there.
>>
>>1191331
Ok guys, we are pretty much at full capacity now. Thanks for your interest. In case someone still wants to join, drop me a line and we'll manage something (e.g. meeting you for a drink after the dinner)
>>1191681
Bruh
>>
>>1191681
>I'm showing up to the meetup

Oh no.
>>
>>1191718
You can always try to guess who's me, see if other people appreciate being blamed in the witch hunt.
People act shittier on the Internet, and that's that. I've been at meetups I enjoyed even when the people involved looked like complete mongoloids on the site.
If you really think that I'm going to act like an utter sperg in real life, much less when I even admitted I was coming, I really think you're underestimating other people in general.
>>
>>1191720
I'll trust you on this one, autismo kun.

Are you Japanese?
>>
>>1191721
Nope.
I think that what made me this bitter and weeby was spending some of the best years of my teenage period with people who just liked anime and fucking around, and then realizing exactly how much of a spergoid everyone else in the local community was (weapons-grade overweight, pasty dweebs who wore cosplay in public, constantly repeated ancient Tumblr jokes, quacked out broken Japanese in front of normies and were generally no-shit wapanese who nevertheless literally thought Japan was Animeland).
Looking back on it, I really just tried to not be a sperglord by making sure I knew what Japan actually was like, and sadly it seems like I ended up going full circle. I can still promise I'm not one of the fucks who show their powerlevel in public and expect to be complimented for it, though.
>>
>>1191723
So how does it feel?
>>
File: 1385373930141.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1385373930141.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
Is leaving booking up my apartment until a couple of days before my flight too late? Also, say if I'm renting an airb&b apartment for 3 months, would I be able to pay monthly or would I have to pay the whole thing up front?
>>
>>1191738
the owner needs to approve the booking and get in touch but 2 days should be fine, either way you can stay in a hotel for a couple of nights if you need more time. I haven't used airbnb for more than a couple of weeks but I think you pay up front, you could probably make an arrangement with airbnb though since you're tossing money around
>>
File: 62223766b8e9f433.gif (37KB, 740x758px) Image search: [Google]
62223766b8e9f433.gif
37KB, 740x758px
>>1191713
Best girls are at the north of the map. It's 16,000 yen for 20 mins which means it's a rush job.

Also it's very gaijin friendly as they're getting a lot of indian, chinese and korean customers so as long as you dont act like a dick, you'll be fine. Be polite and ask if you can do anything to the girl with google translate. You only have 20 mins so you wont have time to really mess around, just go for it and see how it goes.
>>
>>1191743
16000 yen for best girls? Man, must be not even a limited edition figurine. Are you sure about this place?
>>
File: CI0jshAVAAAt4Fr.png (267KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
CI0jshAVAAAt4Fr.png
267KB, 600x392px
>>1191744
Tobita Shinchi is one of the last remaining red light districts in japan, there's questions if it'll be shut down in time for the 2020 olympics. Also here's the price list

Also basically

>you walk around and a mama-san will call you if they want you
>you walk in and talk to the mama-san
>point at the time and pay them
>go up stairs and have a drink and take off your clothes
>do your stuff
>the last 5 mins to the time the bell will ring which means time is running out
>>
>>1191743
Thanks.

Though I'm probably too retarded to read and memorize the map.
>>
>>1191738
You gotta pay the whole thing upfront, but since you're renting the same place for 3 months I'd imagine there'd be some significant discounts. If the host has that option available at least.
>>
>>1191741
>>1191750
Okay I see, that's reassuring then, thanks.
>>
>>1191681
Ohh shit, now I feel like.. I just want to hang out with you bruh. Let's eat some fugu together.
>>
>>1191776
Let's see how things go at the meetup - there'll be time for quite a few things, and I'll be in Japan till the 12th.
I'll also see if I can constrain my bitterness at the meetup, or if I'll be outed after two minutes.
>>
>>1190880
I've taken acid to Scotland before and tripped hard in los trossachs. Took around 350ug.

You won't get caught bringing acid if it's only a few tabs. Plus, dropping for Fuji sounds insanely fun, I'd do it but I'm waiting for next year to trip again.
>>
Need to take with me some medicines that i m taking to japan. nothing fancy, just some regular acne pills. what should i do?
>>
>>1191798
stop having acne
>>
>>1191798
who cares about acne, the Japanese girls will all want to fuck you because you're white anyways
>>
>>1191798
Just take them with you. I carried antidepressants and other shit like that and nothing happened.
>>
>>1191784
"Please guys, give me some attention and try to out me, o-okay? Haha"
Dude, it's pathetic.
>>
>>1191821
I'm sorry the difference between writing down what you're thinking in the moment and intentionally orchestrating things in a malicious manner evades you.
I don't even fucking like attention. There's a reason I don't act like a mongoloid in real life, and that's that I prefer not to be the center of attention. I hate to blogpost, but since you're making judgments on me, that's what I'll do.
I know this site well enough to know that someone's always going to be buttmad about "thread celebrities", so while I'd ask you what you think is the "right" thing to do, I know that being recognizable in a thread means that people will hate you for it by default.
I'd be happier by miles if people didn't notice or out me, but considering how much people like you seem to get hung up on me, it's just a guess that someone would amass the autism needed for a guess.
>>
>>1191826
When I grow up, I want to as delusional as you
Also it didn't take much to make you drop the spaghetti again, mr. Fedora orchestrator
>>
>>1191828
There's always people who explanations bounce off on, and I guess I caught one of them.
You'll shit on me if I keep on posting and accuse me of running away if I don't, so fuck it I'm out of here.
And when the meet-up comes, I'll either not make a mess or be outed by someone like you who wants to get a quick ego fix by embarrassing someone you don't like.
Poking someone long enough will get everyone to drop spaghetti if you look at it the right way. If you don't want to give me attention, either, you'd be much less hung up on trying to get me to be a thread celebrity.
>>
>>1191830
My sides, you mentioned the outing AGAIN.
I mean I wish you all the best but lord you do have issues
>>
>>1191798
Literally this: >>1191800. Just be sure to use a condom. Sex ed is 30 years behind in Japan.
>>
>>1191853
How to avoid catching something nasty? Don't get head?
>>
>>1191800
Not that guy but i'm going to Tokyo around about new years.

Where's a good place to pick up Japanese girls who are interested in black guys?
>>
>>1191910
Hip Hop night clubs.

Stereotypical but that's the easiest place to find japanese girls interested in black men.
>>
File: akiba map by wondanon.jpg (615KB, 1510x1200px) Image search: [Google]
akiba map by wondanon.jpg
615KB, 1510x1200px
>>1191666
>>
>>1191922
Any particular ones? I've heard Roppongi is good but also full of other foreigners.
>>
>>1191113
Ahhh shoot ok I am arriving at noon on the 28th. We could potentially do that. whats the contact again for this meetup?
>>
>>1191207
I paid 450 for round trip. leaving on the 26th. purchased in mid october.
>>
Is 2 weeks a good amount of time to spend in Japan for someone with no real connection to it (not super into anime or jpop or or anything, just a general interest in asian countries)? All I've got on my must do list right now are the Ghibli museum and climbing Fuji.
>>
>>1191207
8 dollars is pretty cheap. Imagine, you can get an airplane ticket with same price as a hamburger meal.
>>
>>1191800
No dude, those acne pills fuck you up if you don't follow your dosage properly.
>>
>>1191943
Yeah most people plan a two week itinerary hitting Tokyo, Fuji/Hakone, and Osaka/ Kyoto. If this is your first trip I might suggest leaving Kobe, Nara, Hiroshima off the list, those are best done if you have more than two weeks or know you will visit Japan again.
>>
>>1191933
Harlem in Shibuya
>>
>>1191943
>climbing Fuji

it's closed during winter.
>>
New thread >>1191972
>>
>>1191966
Wouldn't be until next summer.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.